PDA

View Full Version : Future Mobility Solutions - FMS [was Sealegs - SLG]

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ratkin
14-05-2007, 12:25 PM
GENERAL: SLG: Sealegs Set to Ramp Up Production 400%

They certainly ramping it up and no mistake lol. Looks like the good news is going to continue flowing for a while , record result due soon

craic
16-05-2007, 11:04 AM
just bought another 20000. Ripe for takeover at this time?

D_Pick
18-05-2007, 12:50 PM
"This is the second consecutive year of 86% compounding growth in sales and it
is a trend we are striving to repeat"

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=1603515

ratkin
23-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Hit the dollar mark , what a story

anna
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Brace yourselves folk. Here comes the correction!
Can you stand the heat in the kitchen?

Ttops
02-06-2007, 12:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by anna

Brace yourselves folk. Here comes the correction!
Can you stand the heat in the kitchen?

About time to consolidate. Healthy sign as in Rakon. Opportunities to top up if it overcorrects Anna. [:p]

ratkin
02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I have sold of half my holding at .98c, seemed prudent , nearly 400% gain in around six months , exceeded my expectations in the speed of the rise.
Am happy to remain on board for the next leg but wanted to lock in some profit just in case

a bowden
16-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Does anyone guess how far this stock will fall at .89 it seems to have slowed down. Are we going to see a return to the doller mark in the near future, or was the stock overpriced?

Steve
16-06-2007, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by a bowden

Does anyone guess how far this stock will fall at .89 it seems to have slowed down. Are we going to see a return to the doller mark in the near future, or was the stock overpriced?

While not a be-all-and-end-all answer, consider the price that Fisher made their entry as being in the ball-park...

Ttops
17-06-2007, 11:32 AM
a B
Fisher's last entry SSH at 72c 10 May.
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SLG&E=NZSE&N=147442
Appears to be some resistance at 88 If it breaks downward 71c should be a support but I wouldn't be surprised that Carmel is accumulating on the sly on any dips to 88-89c to get closer to the 10% without giving it too much of a publicity boost. Can any TA help?
Last time it plateaued like this Carmel moved again. Each time FF buys the sp makes a leap.
TT

a bowden
21-06-2007, 11:44 AM

a bowden
21-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Ouch, the share price is really starting to gather some downwards momentum. I think it may be overeacting and i wouldnt be suprised to see FF in very soon.

ratkin
21-06-2007, 04:54 PM
It overreacted when it went up.
If Fisher hadnt been buying up we would probably still be at 50c.

a bowden
21-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Just had a look at the market Depth, only a couple of willing buyers, 8000 shares or something, with 430,000 wanting to sell. U got a good price ratkin when you sold half your stock in the 90's

Phaedrus
21-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Treetops, here is the SLG chart for you. You can see that SLG has given several Sell signals today. While the Qstick indicator at the top of the chart has not dropped below zero yet, in fact it detected the current weakness of SLG well before any of the other indicators shown here. See how it peaked on 10/5/07 and the next peak (23/5/07) was lower, even though the price had gone higher? Technically this is a Class A Bearish Divergence, and anyone using TA to closely monitor this stock would have been out at that point. The general rule is to Sell when the Qstick is moving down and prices are moving up.
Qstick provides a way to quantify candlesticks. The distance between the open and close prices lies at the heart of candlestick charting. For those unfamiliar with candlestick charting, the body of a candlestick is black if today's close is less than the open; it is white if today's close is greater than the open. A majority of white candlesticks over a specified range is considered bullish, whereas a majority of black candlesticks over a specified range is considered bearish. The Qstick indicator is simply a moving average of the difference between open and close prices.

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/SLG621.gif

anna
21-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for that Phaedrus.
When they reached the giddy height of $1 we were hoping they might form a new base in the 70's for the time being and may yet be disappointed I guess.
Nothing has changed in the business sense. The herd ebb and flow but as investors rather than traders we're still content with what we own. Sales growth will continue to double annually as far as the eye can see and we agree with Carmel that it is a great NZ growth story.
If we weren't horribly overinvested already we'd be buying about now.

Ttops
22-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks Phaedrus. Heading down as fast as it climbed. Will be interesting to see when /if FF supports.

ratkin
22-06-2007, 06:25 AM
I doubt any chartists or TA people would of bought at 24c. Most days there was no volume , the stock was very much neglected. The chart looks pretty but i would have far more respect for it had we seen it back then.
As a sell signal it has more validity due to the increased volumes and interest.
The price took off the day after i bought in at .26c based on very bullish company announcements and sales, company was still regarded with very great suspicion and only the very brave were entering at this stage. It was only once Fisher bought in that volume and intterest really took off

Phaedrus
22-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Ratkin, you say "I doubt any chartists or TA people would of bought at 24c. Most days there was no volume, the stock was very much neglected"
Rubbish! Look at the facts. Over the 20 days [u]immediately before the 13/10/06 Buy signals</u> the average SLG volume was only 24,914. Over the 20 days [u]immediately after</u> the technical Buy signals, the average daily volume was 121,328! That's roughly a 5 fold increase in volume! Plenty of interest there - quite suddenly! Why?

Unable to buy at 24 cents? Nonsense! On the day of the Buy signals you could have bought at 25 cents, and anytime over the next 4 trading days you could have bought at prices ranging from 24 - 26 cents. You had 5 days to get in with volume over this period of 480,220.

"As a sell signal it has more validity due to the increased volumes and interest."
You are wrong yet again, I'm afraid Ratkin. Over the last 20 days the average daily volume has been 91,322. You can see that this is [u]considerably less</u> than the period following the Buy signals. If anything, I would see the Sell signal as having LESS validity than the Buy signal!

"The chart looks pretty but i would have far more respect for it had we seen it back then."
Ratkin, this chart was posted because SLG had given SELL signals. It was posted on the day those signals were generated. You simply can't get any more timely than that. Ungrateful sod!

digger
22-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Phaedrus,you will be happy, or should i say i am,that i read that sell signal and sold down from 133,333 to now still holding 54,000. Well i was going to sell the lot but the price dropped away too much and i was too busy doing other things. I will now simply hold and later buy a discount boat for loyality.

Abracadabra
22-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks so much for posting this chart Phadrus. I have been watching SLG for quite some time, nearly jumped in and bought some today. I see now that would have been a huge mistake. I will keep watching for a bit longer!

ratkin
22-06-2007, 11:26 AM
As usual you have turned up on a thread after the action has finished with a hill shaped chart.
Next time when you buy one of these stocks could you please turn up on the day you buy the stock , post the chart and let us all now you have boughtand at what price. Anyone can talk the talk but could we see you just for once walk the walk ?.

Look back over the thread at that time and you will see there were a couple of us who bought and made that fact known, there didnt seem to be any chartist interest at the time, or any fancy charts to indicate a buy.

Hindsight is such a wonderful gift. If only i had bought microsoft shares when i was ten years old, where would i be now

Phaedrus
22-06-2007, 11:36 AM
My dear Ratkin, I do not own, nor have I ever owned, SLG. It is too lightly traded for my tastes. The chart would be the same whether I held it or not. Again, I repeat, the posted chart featured a [u]SELL</u> signal. Get it?

ratkin
22-06-2007, 11:52 AM
It is too lightly traded for my tastes

Exactly the point i was making

jacpat
22-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Phaedrus, I am a new member/investor, [u]YOU ARE MAGIC</u>,
Where do I get one of your magic wands, that QStick(140) thingie
I started buying SLG at 35c and stopped at 95c (I read to keep buying more shares as they go up Dah!) I unfortunately now own 180,000 avg price 65c and the presant price is 67c how on earth do you know when to get out? (to compound the problem Iv'e done the same with Ryman)

ratkin
22-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Today is a prime example of why a chart dosent work well on this sort of stock. The price spread is currently 0.67 - .077 so although the chart has given a sell signal it is impossible to sell unless you want to lose 10% + slippage.
Someone was lucky enough to buy some today at 0.67 after somebody panicked and sold out, why i dont know.

Company still doing nicely, and a nice opportunity coming up to buy some more at good prices

jacpat
22-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi Ratkin, I'm feeling a bit chicken about now

ratkin
22-06-2007, 02:13 PM
If i had bought 118,000 dollars worth i would be feeling a bit chicken too !!
You have gone in fairly hard for a new investor, on a stock which it has to be said is on the risky side. Hopefully your bold move will pay off

jacpat
22-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi again ratkin do you know what MACD means i found it on direct brokings super charts?

jacpat
22-06-2007, 02:16 PM
The sare just kept on going up so i just kept on buying
DUMB EH?

digger
22-06-2007, 02:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by jacpat

Hi Phaedrus, I am a new member/investor, [u]YOU ARE MAGIC</u>,
Where do I get one of your magic wands, that QStick(140) thingie
I started buying SLG at 35c and stopped at 95c (I read to keep buying more shares as they go up Dah!) I unfortunately now own 180,000 avg price 65c and the presant price is 67c how on earth do you know when to get out? (to compound the problem Iv'e done the same with Ryman)

Hi jacpat,
Sit tight,do nothing for now.Todays sellout is the great buying opportunity that wealthy investers use. The sell out today is massively overdone. All part of the sharemarket.
Good hunting.

duncan macgregor
22-06-2007, 02:23 PM
RATKIN, Charts work good with any stock at any time. They not only tell you where the stock is coming from, but where it is likely to go. I would never buy a stock without going over volume, and trends firstly from charts. Golden rule number one never buy into a downtrend. It all compliments fundamental analysis, the two systems can work in harmony. macdunk

jacpat
22-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Digger, SLG 77c now the sun has just come out
great as it not.

stevo1
22-06-2007, 03:00 PM
hi jacpat i own some of these(not as many as you )can see why you are nervous.this co is news driven(havent had any lately).the directors gain well (options i think)from the shareprice compounding 20% annually. they might have overcooked it for the moment but i think(techno analasis gu

stevo1
22-06-2007, 03:07 PM
tecno analysis guys may have a field day meantime)im in for medium to longhaul because nothing has changed(except the shareprice).great product huge market out there.good management team with big stake in company.lets hope that shortly they hook up with oversea manufacturer and start pumping them out in volume

jacpat
22-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Stevo1,you are right they looked good when i bought them, but i was starting to think everyone knew something that i diden't this is all very new to me(a bit of a adrenalin rush)

Phaedrus
22-06-2007, 03:44 PM
"Today is a prime example of why a chart dosent work well on this sort of stock. The price spread is currently 0.67 - .077 so although the chart has given a sell signal it is impossible to sell unless you want to lose 10% + slippage."

Ratkin, you are very confused. The relatively low liquidity of SLG will cause exactly the same problems [u]regardless of the methodology underlying any decision to sell.</u> Your comment is as inane and baseless as if I had said "Today is a prime example of why fundamental analysis doesn't work well on this sort of stock". Garbage! SLG is not a special case - it is just another small-cap stock.

I am of the opinion that the chart has worked superbly well with SLG, getting you in early, keeping you in while the uptrend continued and getting you out when the uptrend ended. Only time will tell exactly how good these sell signals turn out to be.

Any slippage incurred getting into or out of this stock will affect everyone, not just chart users. Can you not see that?

PS: Latest quotes Buy 75, Sell 76. 10% + slippage? Nah - Wrong again!

ratkin
22-06-2007, 04:18 PM
October 2006
26th GENERAL: SLG: Sealegs Granted Australian Patent
20th GENERAL: SLG: Demand for Sealegs Amphibious Boats Exceeds Supply
17th HALFYR: SLG: Sealegs More Than Doubles Revenue

That is what put people into the stock , and is also the reason why the price began to rise.
It is also the reason i enteresd the stock , not the chart, it also didnt get you in as you have already admitted the stock isnt liquid enough for you.

Phaedrus
22-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Ratkin, the technical buy signals were triggered before [u]any</u> of those announcements.

The announcements were "what put people into the stock."
Maybe, maybe not. We have absolutely no way of knowing what motivated buyers at that time. Some would have been using FA, others TA. Some would have been acting on rumours, others would have had inside information etc. etc. There are many, many reasons why people buy a stock and we cannot ever know their motivation. To claim that in this case there was only one reason (and that you know what it was) is simply fatuous. Complacent silliness.

The announcements were "the reason why the price began to rise."
Huh? Began to rise? Garbage! Ratkin, SLG rose over [u]54%</u> in the 2 months preceding those announcements!!!!! That is what triggered the TA buy signals.

ratkin
22-06-2007, 05:37 PM
If you say so, all i know is i made nearly 400% on this stock in about nine months while you made zero. I WAS A BUYER .You did not participate in the thread until the price collapsed, you do this often.

Why were you not here in october pointing out to everybody it was a buy?
You only show up like the grim reaper when its all over , instead of turning up telling people when to sell , why not be more constructive and tell people when to buy? The answer is because then you would not be able to use perfect hindsight.

I will not reply to anymore of your responses , it pointless , you live in a perfect world , i live in the real one

Phaedrus
22-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Ratkin, I have posted literally hundreds of Buy signals on ST. Nevertheless, my time constraints are such that I simply cannot post them all.
I get stick for posting charts, then I get stick for not posting enough!

Longtack
22-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Ahh - ya silly buga Ratkin. I recall mentioning some time ago that CTL had broken its downtrend at around $0.08, and getting bagged for it - mutterings of "ramping" etc. Phaedrus calmly confirmed my observation so I now formally donate my kudos to him.
:D

D_Pick
22-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Assuming Annam Limited and Michael John Smith as trustee for the IT Capital Limited Employee Share Scheme Holland Beckett Maltby front up with the cash then today's CALL announcement would result in another $101,425.28 + $10,604.48 = $112,029.76 in the kitty. Nice work whoever signed up for those calls back in April 1999 ????

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/directtrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=1632265

anna
22-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey Phaedrus,

Please waste no energy on responding to fools. Please DO continue to provide us with the fruits of your wisdom.

Any really smart cookie would have bought the (renouncable) rights at .165c = 16x.165 = 2.64 cents (after 1:16 consolidation) in October '03 so 20 odd cents not such a triumph really. The only buyers back then were Maurice and David who underwrote the thing (and good luck to them) and those battle scarred, punchdrunk ITC shareholders who took up their entitlements to average down.

Don't forget that in march '04 these shares traded at 4.7 cents or about 65c after allowing for 1:16 consolidation and the 1:3 rights at 15c. I'd guess any buyers then would have about doubled their dough elsewhere.

See my 1/6/07 correction warning at around $1. I'm sitting for it nonetheless (again!):).

Arthur
23-06-2007, 12:51 PM
The story goes that Carmel Fisher (or her hubby)own a Sealegs boat and liked it so much that they bought (a stake in) the company. Maybe next time they need some funds there should some strategic gifts (or trials)to other wealthy investors and fund managers....

stevo1
23-06-2007, 02:26 PM
hi phaedrus while not into ta myself(dont really understand it)your analysis is excellent and appreciated.i first got interested in slg when some friends bought 1 about 18mths ago.very good product.visited factory .met management.invested.in area where i live 3 more have popped up(including C. Fishers)which i think was bought before investing in slg.from a TA perspective and if they fall to 71c where to from there.

Phaedrus
25-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Stevo asks "If they fall to 71c where to from there?"
No-one knows. All we know is that SLG is in a downtrend, so the odds are that the answer to your question is "Down".

Jacpat asks "How on earth do you know when to get out?"
Everyone will have their own individual ideas on that topic. It's called a trading plan. My answer would be "When the uptrend ends".

"The share just kept on going up so i just kept on buying - DUMB EH?"
Not at all. Pyramiding is generally accepted as being good practice. Were you doing it properly though? The idea is to buy successively smaller parcels of shares and then stop buying, that's what makes the "pyramid".

Jacpat, there are two main problems with lightly traded stocks. (1) It is difficult to acquire a meaningful stake (that's why back in October Ratkin was only able to buy a small number of SLG.) (2) It's hard to sell if you have a substantial holding. (That's why Digger was unable to sell out completely when he wanted to.)

Deciding how much to invest in lightly traded stocks like SLG is a personal decision, but there is a common rule of thumb that can be applied. 'Invest no more than 10% of the average daily turnover'. SLG has an average daily turnover of about $60,000, so that means investing about $6,000. Now, rules are made to be broken, but this will give you some idea of the relative size of your holding. If we look at SLG market depth, we can see that the average stake being bid or offered is $8,000. This is probably about right and is as it should be. Theoretically, stocks like this suit small investors and we can see that fact reflected in the real world market depth statistics.

stevo1
25-06-2007, 05:17 PM
good one phaedrus thanks for the input

lakeside
25-06-2007, 08:56 PM
How much for a boat all up Stevo1 ?

stevo1
26-06-2007, 10:50 AM
i didnt buy a boat elected instead to buy shares in co.thou it was very tempting to do so.at the time cost of boat was $89000 .i am unaware of any coming up second hand.think there is 6mth waiting list.go to their website www.sealegs.co.nz developement and release of fiberglass boat will drop boat cost significantly.hope that is some help.still shareprice heads south.wheres the bottom?

jacpat
26-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Phaedrus, Thank you for your advice both with the
pyramiding and the percentage I should have in each holding, what books should I buy to gain the knowledge i need? should i buy a system?

neopole
26-06-2007, 06:51 PM
what i dont understand is.......
why buy a boat with retractable legs/wheels when the vast majority of people dont live by the boatramp, or a hardpacked sandy beach.
no one is going to drive this boat home?
and the boat isnt that sexy for the money.
i would of thought that a motorised trailer with floatation devise is a better option for getting the boat in and out of the water, or just buying a cheap 4x4 and spending the 89k on a really nice boat.
even the coastguard or military would find this boat limiting because most beaches arent hardpacked sand.
IMHO this boat is just a gimic, but it does have future potential if seriously modified to be able to exit onto any shorefront and travel on public roads, otherwise a motorised trailer is a better way to get the boat out of the water for the yuppies who cant back a trailer.
if however i start seeing sealegs boats driven home on sunday afternoons in takapuna........
i'll eat my shorts.

Phaedrus
26-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Jacpat, Don't even think of buying a system. Invest in yourself by learning as much as you can about all facets of investing. The most cost-effective way of doing this is by reading books - as many as you can get your hands on. From a TA standpoint, here are a few notes to start you off :-
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2002/03/msg00009.shtml
The links are old and not all still work so here is one about how to evaluate systems :-
http://www.moneybags.com.au/downloads/ataasoftware.htm

More homegrown info (including book list) here :-
http://www.sharechat.co.nz/education/

jacpat
26-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks Phaedrus, most appreciated this will be far better than buying by gut feelings and holding my breath to see what happens next.

stevo1
26-06-2007, 07:40 PM
hi phaedrus i had the same thoughts as jacpat all the knowledge you can get has got to be helpful so thanks. hi neopole dont think you ll have to eat all of your shorts .but i suggest you visit sealegs website.better still talk to someome that has one.dont think you will ever be able to drive legally on nz roads(they would need wof rego lights bla bla bla) .but certainly these things are well capable of transversing a multitude of terraines

lakeside
26-06-2007, 08:20 PM
There's a guy at Waitarere beach that does just that out the garage, down the road and into the sea.

But I think the real advantage is going in off a flat beach with a bar - you don't go in backwards so you are facing waves, the outboard motor can be down and running while going out so you don't row/ wallow in the surf zone.
Not that this is my experience but what I have gathered.

ratkin
26-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Good to see we are getting back on topic.

Here is some info from the website which indicates uses

1 Waterfront residence use - beach front, river front, lake front.
2 Use as a luxury yacht tender.
3 In situations where getting in and out on the water as quickly and easily as possible is paramount - for pure convenience or in emergency roles.
4 When you can't be bothered with the hassles of trailer boating. - Getting wet, waiting for boat ramp access, parking the trailer etc.
5 Applications where young children are safer in the boat during launching and retrieving.
6 Applications where aged people wish to enjoy boating but may not be able to manhandle the boat during conventional trailer launching/retrieval.

ratkin
26-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Hopefully all the flooding that seems to be happening everywhere will lead to some more emergency type sales, the boats would be ideal for moving in and out of floodwaters.

Does anyone now if a sealegs boat will be on display ay this weekends boat show in Christchurch? No mention that there will be on the website

Steve
26-06-2007, 08:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by ratkin

Does anyone now if a sealegs boat will be on display ay this weekends boat show in Christchurch? No mention that there will be on the website

Are they being marketed in NZ, or just overseas?

a bowden
26-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Neopole- Regarding your statement about why people dont drive them home.

Sealegs intention is very clear I have spoken to them myself, they are building a 'boat' not a 'car/boat'. They have no intention at all for the boat to act as a car. The purpose of the wheels is that u can drive the boat up the ramp to the carpark and put the boat on the purpose built trailer. Is it something of making it easier to go boating. It may sound small but it is these simple things that put people of taking their boat out for the day, especially if you want to go out by yourself with no help. Their concerns are 'who is going to hold onto the boat while the other person struggles to find an empty carpark.' 'What times are the tides cause i dont want to get caught out trying to retrieve the boat at low tide and get the car stuck.' Its these simple things that sealegs can fix. Most coastgaurd bases are on the beach, and one of the things they train for most is launching and retreiving the boat at speed. SOLUTION buy a SEALEGS boat.
I myself have spent many years in the yachting scene as a kid, the trend is that most parents have small boats to go out and watch/support their kids. Many a times have i seen their inflatable boats left high and dry because the tide had gone out.

Sealegs does not in any way incourage you to drive the boat home unless its a very small distance. Sure this is not the case for many, but if you counted the number of people living on the beach around the world it is a very large number, but a small percentage. And its this small percentage of people Sealegs is aiming to atract.

lakeside
27-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Can it launch on a steeper pebbly beach or just flat sany ones? How does it go on estuary mud?

jacpat
27-06-2007, 06:33 PM
evening lakeside, have a look at slg's web site it's got animations of bank climbing etc and check out the IMAGES there is a photo of a boat going up a pebble beach http://www.sealegs.com/

jacpat
27-06-2007, 06:37 PM
also FAQ/USES cheers lakeside

neopole
27-06-2007, 07:28 PM
and anotherway to get any type of boat in and out of the water..
http://www.c-pack.com/trailer/english1.htm

a bowden
27-06-2007, 08:03 PM
That 'thing' you found neopole is from an inventor that is lazy. You still have the problem of someone holding onto the boat while the other person goes and finds that 'thing' in the carpark. Sorry but problem NOT solved, more like the person that invented that settled for the easy solution.

stevo1
27-06-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah that thing is ok (sorta).must be interesting towing it behind the boat (the salt water test)to the next beach you want drive your boat out tho.Seems like a lot of mucking around neopole

D_Pick
03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone read the 2007 Annual Report? It is all good in my view

http://www.sealegs.com/article.asp?arttype=report&id=27

quote:We have determined that the company should embark upon a more ambitious plan. This would require capital raising, significant spending on international expansion, new model designs to improve gross margin, and investment in manufacturing capacity.

A $15 million rights issue is being considered by the board to invest in

Building in-house manufacturing resource Margin improving design initiatives The acceleration of Project X (new boat) Expansion into new international markets A purpose built factory Australian expansion

ratkin
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
The company is going great guns, however guess what we are supposed to voe on at the AGM

1) To authorise and approve the issue of 5,000,000 share options in the company to David McKee and 5,000,000 share options in the company to Maurice Bryham.

They are also offering options to other employees.

This is not what i object to , options are fine as long as the target prices are ahead of the current price. In this instance though they are not.

1m 30 june 2008 trigger price 0.65
1m 30 june 2009 trigger price 0.78
1m 30 june 20100 trigger price 0.94
1m 30 june 2011 trigger price 1.13
1m 30 june 2012 trigger price 1.36

I would of liked to have seen rather higher targets set before they can profit from these options. 0.65 in june 2008 is rather feeble

ratkin
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
As for the rights issue , whats the betting the new shares are issued at around 58c per share , if so it will clearly bering bac the current price in the short term

ratkin
04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Looks as though the annual report has been very favourably reciedved , stock showing good strength today up eight , so much for all the doom and gloom merchants who turned up on this thread last week

stevo1
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
hi ratkin i too am concerned at the trigger price for the options.theres no real incentive there.furthermore bryham/mcgee-wright while not receiving large salaries were getting consulting fees which actually added up to approx all the losses in previous years but didnt come as salary(smoke and mirrors)i dont think the independant report has taken acct of this.when they have a rights issue.the options holders will not have to stump up with any cash but will gain from the increased capitol base putting them further "in the money"so i to do have a problem with the options trigger price.unfortunately i will be out of the country for agm so i will not be able to raise this with them

ratkin
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I see from the accompanying booklet that the auditors too see the low option price as a negative, citing the fact that the prices were set before the recent share price rise.
I dont really like these options as it encourages the directors to ramp up the price at certain times of the year rather than concentrate on the company itself.

You would think Fisher should vote against but they wont , especially as there is a seperate vote to ratify their sharesgoing through for 50 odd cents

Ttops
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Ratkin re 4/07
It simply showed there were far more keen buyers than keen sellers. Far more "de-rampers" than rampers. I resisted the temptation to sell like the majority so the price rose again. A fair amount of fear out there at present is what it indicates and a few cunning punters out there prepared to hype it up to gain a bargain.

anna
07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe we have a consensus that we are happy for Fisher to get their initial transfer 'ratified' (pardon Ratkin) but would like any options for those insiders who have sold down over the past year or so (eg David and Maurice) to be pitched at a more demanding level.
We're offshore but are considering braving the snow and ice of Albany to have our two bob's worth.
The mooted rights issue would be asking six figures from us so we'd like to know a little more.
Ratkin's point about FF not rocking the boat is a good one but maybe right now the two principals are most vulnerable to an opposing viewpoint. Collectively they've sold down from about 38% to 21% of the company but if the options thing goes through as suggested they'll be back to about their initial level having kept their cake and eaten it!
Food for thought (as it were:))

Ttops
10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Was that a dead cat bounce?:(

D_Pick
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
From the attached article Fisher Funds Management appear happy with the options proposal

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4122188a13.html

ratkin
13-07-2007, 04:59 PM
FOLLOWING IS FROM GIZMAG

July 12, 2007 Since the last time we caught up with the Kiwis behind Sealegs, the amphibious boat that can drive itself straight down into the water, worldwide sales have taken off. The eye-catching vehicle is a fully functional boat that drops "landing gear" much like a small plane to drive out of the water and overland at up to 6mph (10kph). Sealegs showcased their latest model in Australia recently at the Melbourne Boat Show - a 6.1 metre aluminium D-tube version that's essentially a ruggedized rigid inflatable - a bit heavier and around AUD$10K (US$8,600) more expensive than its predecessor, but it's a complete turnkey amphibious solution with extra armor for avid adventurers. A drive on trailer is now also available that adds high speed land transport to the equation.

With private sales all around the world and a growing number of emergency services departments taking on fleets of the Sealegs range, these amphibious vehicles are clearly just starting to move beyond the initial, out-there "James Bond" impression they tend to create and into the realm of a practical, problem-solving real-world vehicle.

While the D-tube Sealegs makes a respectable 60kmp (31mph) on the water thanks to its 90hp 2-stroke outboard motor, the hydraulic land gear struts and wheels are powered by a small 4-stroke Honda engine making about 16hp. It's enough for around 10kph, or a good jogging pace, on land, either forward or reverse. The all-terrain tyres are mounted on 9" rims and naturally the entire land running gear is designed to be submersible and salt-water resistant. Once the boat's floating, the wheels fold up to remain completely above water. Check out this video to see the Sealegs in operation, seamlessly transitioning between land and sea modes. Once on dry ground, the boat can be lowered onto its hull to let passengers step out.

With the land footprint of a large car, it's easily parked in a dry, secure garage - and the rugged land drive system is capable of landing and launching on some pretty inhospitable terrain, which makes it a brilliant boat to explore an archipelago with.

A large range of chassis and electrical options are available for the D-tube boat, including a fold-down bimini canopy, a bow sprit and windlass unit, and a drive-on road trailer for high-speed road transport (the boat alone is not suitable to be towed for any significant distance or at road speeds - there's no plans to make it road-registerable, either). There's also a lighter 6.1 metre RIB version aimed at waterskiing and sportier use.

While the leisure and exploration possibilities of a boat that can drive itself up onto a rocky shore are exciting in themselves, it's fantastic to see that private buyers and emergency services operators are responding so well to the sheer practicality of the Sealegs range. We're glad to see such another going places company from the land of ingenuity - New Zealand - achieving worldwide success. Pricing is around AUD$80,000 (US $69,000).

Ttops
14-07-2007, 12:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Treetops

Was that a dead cat bounce?:(

I'm out. Better pickings in Aus. May buy in if it drops to 60 below.

stevo1
16-07-2007, 10:18 AM
i am out too.cant see them producing more boats quick enough.more money for rights issue not for me.good product though.

ratkin
19-07-2007, 02:02 PM
New boat going into production , have already orders for 14 of them at about 100,000 a pop. Not bad.

Also , when i mentioned on here that the boats would be useful for flood relief my suggestion was rubbished , now it turns out that sealegs are now fielding many enquiries about boats for this very use.

D_Pick
19-07-2007, 02:50 PM
10 new staff in the last month
New distributor in Hong Kong with initial 7 boat order
New 7.1 meter boat unveiled that can comfortably seat 8 people with 14 new boats already pre-sold.
Over 100 orders in the pipeline worth $8 million.

A rights issue in the wind to inject additional growth and profitability

This years sales targets look to be achievable

It might be time to start buying again?

ratkin
20-07-2007, 12:03 PM
The new eight seater would make a great tourist operators boat. Would be a real drawcard for tourists , amphibious boats are still unusual enough to attract interest and a ride in a sealegs boat would be a great tourist attraction

a bowden
20-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I am pressuming that the wheels on this 7.1 boat are the same size as the smaller boat. From looking at the new boat pictures on the web the wheels look much more proportioned and aesthetically much better off when used on the larger craft.

Ttops
20-07-2007, 11:00 PM
What concerned me was our dollar appearing to be likely to stay at high levels for much longer than I anticipated. This must surely eat into their profits? Presold boats? Does that mean paid in advance? Or will the dollar be even higher when they pay for them?

ratkin
21-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Do people who pay 100,000 for a sealegs boat really care ?

Ttops
21-07-2007, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by ratkin

Do people who pay 100,000 for a sealegs boat really care ?

For a % of people money is no object. Agreed on that point. It doesn't make it easy though to market with the price in $US going up especially when competition inevitably arrives one day on the scene. Otherwise their profits in $NZ go down on each boat if they don't increase the price. That is my point.

ratkin
23-07-2007, 05:38 PM
UK in flood panic , questions being asked and plans for massive increase in spending on flood prevention /limitation. Hope the sealegs salesman in UK is on the ball , could be good oportunities to take advantage of flood hysteria

D_Pick
24-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Agree that climate change is helping Sealegs marketing efforts.

Every national rescue service should have a few boats strategically placed around the country just in case they get extreme flooding and require amphibious boats.

Regarding currency strength and profitability, as Sealegs currently has over 500 components per boat, I would expect some of these components are being imported (ideally the most expensive components) and may be helping to neutralise some of the negative effects of the currency strength.

With recent Sales announcements my view is that Sealegs will meet and possibly exceed their 86% sales growth target in the current financial year.

craic
24-07-2007, 11:05 AM
As a shareholder, I would temper optimism about the effects of flooding on sales. Most agencies have inflatables at a fraction of the cost and ease of storage. Two men can easily carry many inflatables capable of carrying more people than a sealegs model.

stevo1
24-07-2007, 11:54 AM
its all very well having orders but you still have to build them.then ship them.we are a long way away from the rest of the world.certainly there is demand but unless they hook up with major producer quickly in danger now of others using the same or similar technology(patents or not )to mass produce at cheaper cost in or at end markets.

Ttops
24-07-2007, 09:23 PM
How do outboards cope with flood debris and hidden fences and the like. Could end up being stranded themselves?

a bowden
24-07-2007, 10:07 PM
All rescue craft will have prop protectors preventing people or objects getting caught with the properler( a small metal gaurd around the prop allowing water to still pass easily through). Sorry getting a little of topic.

Yossarian
30-07-2007, 02:17 PM
big drop today but on minimal volume.

is this just a sympton of small cap illiquidity??

D_Pick
31-07-2007, 03:37 PM
This announcement is very positive in my view - new capital to take advantage of opportunities, and new higher revenue guidance for this financial year. Go the boat with wheels

FORECAST: SLG: Sealegs Look To Raise Up To $15M To Speed Global Expansion

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=1666753

ratkin
31-07-2007, 04:02 PM
But at what price?

Good to see they have lifted revenue guidence by another 10%

anna
31-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Hard to see how a company valued at $45mill can raise $15 mill through a rights issue. FF will underwrite it and increase their holding painlessly.
I see pain for the likes of us though in the short term.

Steve
01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by anna

Hard to see how a company valued at $45mill can raise $15 mill through a rights issue. FF will underwrite it and increase their holding painlessly.
I see pain for the likes of us though in the short term.

I bought in during the last rights issue, and the shareprice has never looked back...

ratkin
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Have sold out my remaining sealegs shares today. Been a good investment , in at 0.26 out at an average price of .80 cents.

Sold for several reasons

1) Dont like rights issues
2) Didnt like the overgenerous payouts to the bosses
3) Have been buying kingfisher last day or so , so still have indirect holding
4) There big bargains in quality blue chips appearing , lowing risk in portfolio.

Good news for those still holding is that in the rare event i sell something it usually goes straight upwards

a bowden
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I too have sold out of sealegs last week and have been watching kingfisher, KFL seems quite a good price at the moment. Ratkin do you know how much of a stake KFL has in Sealegs?

ratkin
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Dont know the percentage but it must be fairly high , could become even higher with the upcoming rights issue.
Last SSH notice it was over 8% but i believe they have options to buy more
Of course sealegs only a small part of kingfisher so less risk in holding sealegs indirectly through them

Ttops
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Ratkin and a bowden
FF spread their SLG holding amongst various sub funds of which KFL is one. I suspect but have no hard evidence that they would constitute less than 2% of KFL's NAV (just like NZX .

If SLG falls say 10% then KFL's NAV drops about .2% about 0.3cents off the share price. Thus pretty negligible whether SLG does poorly or well. SLG is in KFL's nursery stock.

kissssik
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't touch this dog, I call it Sea-slags only because I lost some gold a while ago....if you look back over the history of this out fit as for as right issues etc its is always the same..dilute investors holdings and load up the back of the Director truck, maybe things have changed with King Fisher sniffing around but IMO once a dog always a dog.....I sincerely hope I am wrong for all holders

wsheridan
01-08-2007, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by kissssik

I wouldn't touch this dog, I call it Sea-slags only because I lost some gold a while ago....if you look back over the history of this out fit as for as right issues etc its is always the same..dilute investors holdings and load up the back of the Director truck, maybe things have changed with King Fisher sniffing around but IMO once a dog always a dog.....I sincerely hope I am wrong for all holders

Good call Kiss.... it might make money if they manage to sell the sory story to an unwary investor but really this is one kiwi invention that should have stayed in the tin shed..... now if the Aquada had been floated I'd have been excited!

stevo1
02-08-2007, 10:33 AM
crikey

kissssik
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah like I say, I don;t mean to burst any bubbles, just keep one eye open....very smart directors and I mean that but with no loot, or none they are prepared to front up with...one I see them buying there own shares big time then I might change my tune..REMEMBER THE ARABI CONTRACT THAT WASN'T....F#*@ ME

anna
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Relax Stevo .
Nothing has changed over the past three or four years.
The company is making and selling their excellent product very successfully and in increasing volumes.
When the share price spiked in March 2004 (to where it is today after adjustments) the NZX wrung out of them that something was in the wind. The relatively minor deal didn't happen and would not have been made public but for the 'please explain' from NZX which forced them to make a premature announcement.
Interesting that the quite vitriolic negative correspondence has emerged only now the price has come back.
The herd instinct has taken over the traders, but investors will wax fat given time.

kissssik
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
NO Anna, have wanted to say something for as while but not in habit of saying anything unless it's worth while...In this case I just want the punters to know the pros and cons....as I said with Fisher Funds on board things might have changed but when I saw the capital raising notice I thought here we go again. Not withstanding the above I believe they have an excellent product, any views formed from what I say should be tempered with the fact that I got whacked by this outfit some years ago I'm sure there are plenty who have made some coin out of this who will be a lot more positive...I ALWAYS WAS A POOR LOSER, AND I'M PROUD OF IT

stevo1
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
must admit to being spiked before by these critters some years ago(but survived).so have watched with caution not wanting to be spiked again i ve got out.(my concerns were expressed in this thread earlier.)hope they are less harmless to their current shareholders and do the right thing by them [:0][:0]

a bowden
09-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Is it me or has someone just placed a massive order of 950,000 shares at a price of 0.65.

Could this be fisher funds??? This is one big purchase

Impatient
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Don't fall for it. Sealegs is a scam - its 'bosses' ripped off the old IT Capital investors (like myself) and are doing the same again with the poor suckers buying into Sealegs.

KiwiBear
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
the poor suckers buying into Sealegs.

Fisher funds Suckers? Surely their gurus did due diligence before buying!!!

One of my Lotto penny dreadful stocks bought for buy and hold when the were dirt cheap.

ratkin
12-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Sealegs Corporation Limited (NZX:SLG) has today announced that by directors
resolution it has issued, for cash, 2,750,000 new ordinary shares at $0.58
per share to four professional investors, including Accident Compensation
Corporation.

Why would ACC want sealegs shares?
Do they plan to wheel all the scroungers on board and drop them off in international waters?

KiwiBear
12-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Why would ACC want sealegs shares?

I suggest for a great Sundays entertainment that you go watch a local busy lunching ramp! The accidents and incidents will have you splitting your side with laughter.
When dads in the boat, while mums trying to back the precious family 4wd for the retrieve!

a bowden
22-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Fisher Funds must have confidence in this company still, because they are still holding onto their 8.13&#37; percent stake. Nothing seems to have changed with Sealegs. Is the stock now undervalued?

ratkin
22-09-2007, 03:07 PM
They have postponed their rights issue due to recent market turmoil. Are they now undervalued? hard to say really , although my hunch is these are the type of share to do well in a raging bull market , but not so well when the money is tight.

I see they are going to attempt to beat the record for the cook strait crossing by an amphibious boat. Shouldnt be too difficult as their is currently no record !!

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2007/oct/wellington/sealegs-cook-strait-world-record-attempt.html

ratkin
24-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Very positive news out today regarding sales at the Southampton boat show , 1million in sales, probably equal to around twenty boats.

Am currently not holding but considering rejoining the ship, might wait until october is safely out of the way , by then we might have a clearer indication of unfolding events

chippy52
22-10-2007, 04:18 PM
may be mistaken but seems someone went on a buying spree late in the week. OBV has taken a sudden rise.

a bowden
22-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Yep, volume is way up, I know fisher has been selling down in RAK maybe because they have seen a more prommising stock elsewhere , could this stock be SLG????

stevo1
27-10-2007, 07:04 PM
25/10/2007 M Bryham -director sells 500,000 shares for 55cents each reducing his holdings from 10.1% to 8.63%

red thing
22-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Am I the only one left reading NZX announcements?

Buried in the Malaysian order announcement was '...expect to start licensing...' .

That is the best news this company has ever announced and confirms they continue to be right on the track they have unwaveringly stuck to for 4 years.

brettdale
22-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Thats great news!

craic
23-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Does that mean that they will now be made in China at quarter the price and the licence payments to the company will be just enough to keep he directors eating cake and drinking champagne with nothing but crumbs for the shareholders?

red thing
24-11-2007, 11:15 PM
My my Craic, stir some honey in with the lemon juice:)

If they could be made anywhere for a quarter the price it would mean plenty left over for shareholders after the director's champagne and cake. Globally hundreds of thousnds would be needed each year as no other craft under 30 ft could compete.

We could all have sealegs tenders for our super yachts!

ratkin
27-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Interesting announcement today.
Still no concrete order from korea though.

Have to say that if they for normal sea rescue stuff then surely lifeboats would be better. Faster to enter the water and better in a storm.
If they wanted for flood relief then sealegs have a much better chance of securing a big order.

If this announcement had been six months ago the shares would of gone into orbit , in this market however they seen as a risky proposition

Sealegs International Ltd today announced that the South Korean government
has given approval for its Budget Department to procure NZ$4million worth of
amphibious rescue boats for use by the South Korean Coastguard.

In October Sealegs amphibious boats were exhibited at a major international
Naval and Defense show in Busan, South Korea and over the last few months
personnel from the South Korean coastguard have been evaluating how Sealegs
amphibious boats could strengthen coastal rescue operations in South Korea.

The South Korean Coastguard is looking to purchase 50 amphibious rescue boats
over the next five years.

As the world's only manufacturer of amphibious production boats, Sealegs
personnel have been to South Korea and are currently working through the
tender process for the South Korean Coastguard's requirements.

Further to the recent order of an evaluation unit by the Fire & Rescue
Department of the Federal Malaysian Government, Sealegs can also report that
the company has received a four boat order for its amphibious marine craft to
be used in a flood rescue role by the Kuala Lumpur Municipality.

craic
28-11-2007, 09:08 AM
"Looking to purchase 50 amphibious boats over the next...." Is a clear indication that lifeboats are not in this frame - they are not amphibians. Asia has an awful lot of crappy, heavily populated costal areas where locals put to sea on anything that floats. If you have ever been to Crab Island out of KL you will know what I mean. Bangladesh could use a thousand of these tomorrow. Donate one through the UN and the company might fly.

red thing
28-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I do wish this share price would behave more rationally!
First of all irrational exuberance then irrational pessimism now it seems to be heading north again - and nothing has changed except the steady planned progress they flagged.
Any chartists opinion welcome now that 60 and 90 day moving averages seem breached on the upside.

chippy52
28-11-2007, 02:35 PM
My charts started signalling about 8/11/07. Williams%R , OBV , MACD all started rising about that time and are still pointing north.

Footsie
29-11-2007, 10:52 AM
why anyone would "invest" in this company is beyond me.

its not a viable global business until they move the manufacturing to china and start to mass produce

otherwise it will always be a small tin pot NZ company.
great product, but 100 boats a year......... come on

they need to be making 10,000 boats a year in China at 1/4 the price

Its such an obvious thing to me i cant believe management dont see it

HOwever what baffles me the most is that Fisher invested in them.....

craic
30-11-2007, 10:36 AM
As usual, price starts to climb before shareholders have any reason to believe that it should - then - a signifcant increase in profits/trade is announced and the lucky printers and tea ladies and others have made some hay.

chippy52
30-11-2007, 03:32 PM
As usual, price starts to climb before shareholders have any reason to believe that it should - then - a signifcant increase in profits/trade is announced and the lucky printers and tea ladies and others have made some hay.

Read my earlier post #369.
The signs that something was in the wind showed around the 18 / 19 Oct. There was a two week period where the price bottomed but the charts were telling a different story. Then came the gradual increase from the 9 Nov to what you see today. Who knows whats to come , we can only watch with baited breath.

craic
30-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Chippy 72 I was responding to the greatly increased trade/ profit announced this morning

chippy52
30-11-2007, 07:53 PM
CRAIC

In a round about way I was trying to suggest that maybe " the lucky printers & tea ladies " knew about the anouncement back then.

ratkin
08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Record smashed

http://news.theage.com.au/water-speed-record-broken-in-sydney/20071207-1fpa.html

brettdale
19-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Chris Dickson to join Sealegs board

Yachtsman Chris Dickson has been appointed to the Sealegs board.

The company also today appointed former managing partner of KPMG in Auckland, James Hill, to the board.

Dickson was the skipper of KZ7, New Zealand's first America's Cup challenger in 1987.

He later caused outcry in New Zealand whhen he went to sail for other country's challenges.

He was skipper of the United States-backed BMW Oracle Racing at the 2007 America's Cup in Valencia, Spain.

Mr Hill is chairman of Manukau Water Ltd and is on the board of Transit NZ, Seafood Processors Ltd and other private companies.

Simon Vodanovich is retiring from the board on January 1.

digger
19-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Big mistake. Chris Dickson always ends up fighting.Seems to be stuck in the mentatily that to argue is strong and to co-operate is weakness. Might have to sell out of this one when the time is right.

COLIN
19-12-2007, 02:10 PM
A strange appointment, this one - perhaps the next America's Cup is going to be contested in amphibious boats!?

ari
19-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Record smashed.....

Let me know when it reaches that speed on land, then I'll be impressed !

KiwiBear
19-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Chris might be giving ideas and influence/networking with wealthy overseas boaties. For example amphibious super yacht and America's cup tenders for one.
Might buy on weakness!

wsheridan2
25-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Seems that Sealegs lacked traction today:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4373295a10.html

Ekrub
29-01-2008, 09:19 PM
But not today WSheridan (Jan 29th).

44 kilometres in 47 minutes, and she's over Cook Strait.
The Taupo harbourmaster, Les Porter, said on Radio NZ
they could play a part in marine rescue.

But only a one cent improvement in the SP today.

Still, with nearly 200 of the craft on order, mostly to
foreign buyers, maybe it's time is coming.

Here you can listen to the report on Radio New Zealand
National's Checkpoint programme.....commercial free radio!

http://www.radionz.co.nz/search?mode=results&queries_all_query=Sealegs

Placebo
30-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Marine rescue, yeah right. Who's going to back a boat that breaks down 100m from shore? The PR machine will probably gloss over the failure in publicising the success. But I guess you gotta smash a few eggs to make an omelette, huh?

craic
30-01-2008, 11:38 AM
It was the outboard motor that failed. Evinrude? I think. Even my humble craft does not leave the quay with less than two working motors - sometimes three if I throw a seagull in the bottom.

Steve
01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
It was the outboard motor that failed. Evinrude? I think. Even my humble craft does not leave the quay with less than two working motors - sometimes three if I throw a seagull in the bottom.

So the lack of a back-up motor was a display of bad seamanship?

Cutting corners can't be a good look...

Incidently, what was the time for the English Channel crossing?

red thing
01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Are you guys kidding?
It was a time trial.
Why would a horse carry two jockeys?
Or a formula one car a full set of spares?
Or a man an extra wife....but that's another matter!!:)

brettdale
18-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Up 17 cents today!

skeet
18-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Up 17 cents today!

But take a look at the volume traded, doesnt mean alot I would think.

brettdale
18-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, after I posted, I went back and saw it was low volume. How can the price go up to much on low volume???

Steve
19-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, after I posted, I went back and saw it was low volume. How can the price go up to much on low volume???

Last time it pipped up to 70c on low volume...

craic
20-04-2008, 10:13 AM
IMHO, this is a matter that should be looked at by the authority. Checked depth and there were 10,000 for sale at 60 cps but this "buyer" bought 1,000 at 65 cps? this is the last sale on a friday and goes into the weekend papers as the closing price for the week while there are no recorded bidders at anything like this price? I am particularly interested in the process by which these two made the transaction AND particularly how they got it recorded. In my opinion it is akin to "salting " a goldmine. I noted this action quite some time ago in relation to a vending machine company? In that case,from memory, the price was dropped last thing on a friday, (someone sold a tiny parcel of shares at a price well below the market and it seemed that someone in the know was trying to collect up a lot of shares at a low price for whatever reason) I shed my 35,000 shares in slg some time ago

Yossarian
21-04-2008, 12:17 PM
what a surprise - back down to 53 now....!

brettdale
07-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Okay a newbie question here, I hold a very small amount of shares in sealegs , and today I received a form asking me asking me to buy 230 more shares in this company, at a price of 25 cents?????

I totally dont understand this?? if I dont accept this, surly the shares that I own wont drop to 25 cents??

digger
07-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Okay a newbie question here, I hold a very small amount of shares in sealegs , and today I received a form asking me asking me to buy 230 more shares in this company, at a price of 25 cents?????

I totally dont understand this?? if I dont accept this, surly the shares that I own wont drop to 25 cents??

A newbie you sure are. If you really are at square one then go to the local book shop and start reading up on how the sharemarket works. In fact i think directbroking has a coa-rse here though i have never looked at it.
The answer to your question is that SLG has offered an additional share at 25 cents for every 5 head shares you hold.You do not have to take up this offer but as the head share is worth 47 cents it would pay to do so. Borrow the money if you have to then sell later at 47 if you are broke.If the head share value is greater than the cash issue price buy it full stop.
Cash issues as this one is are common in the sharemarket.Also common are options ,placements and consoladations. I suggest you get yoursel onto a coar-se and learn how it all works.Good luck on the learning curve.

red thing
16-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe something in the wind in a few days. Slg are exhibiting at

Korea Coast Guard Rescue Exhibition
Daechun Beach, Chungnam Province, South Korea
21st - 22nd June 2008

Recall a few weeks ago:

Sealegs CEO, Mr McKee Wright, says the company is currently involved in several international tenders or purchasing cycles with government departments and expects to receive a major, multi-boat government order within the next twelve months.

Dreams are free! :)

Steve
18-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Shareprice is holding up during the rights trading period, and not even a thumbs-up for the 250th boat going to the UK?!

Where have all you SLG supporters gone? :confused:

Ekrub
18-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I bought a few thousand a couple of days ago (at 46c), just to
give me a tidy total when the rights issue is over, that must've
been the kiss of death coz the SP slipped a few more cents.

All the positive News releases, and the projections for production
must give it a critical mass sometime soon surely?

But Mister Market doesn't want to know just now, he's a sulking
little boy!

Steve
05-07-2008, 10:11 PM
There was 90% acceptance of the rights, which is surprising given the current environment...

ratkin
06-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Probably fisher

red thing
07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
The remainder are to be tendered and will realise a premium. More money for the company than if the holders had taken them up.

Bear in mind that one of the biggest shareholders is US based and cannot take his up. In the case of overseas shareholders they don't get the option to take up but will get whatever premium applies I think. That would be over half those being tendered and most of the rest small parcels where folk don't know or don't care about it.

So the actual 'take up' would have been over 95% at a guess.

brettdale
20-07-2008, 01:48 PM
When was the last sales announcement they had?

Glendoonie
21-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Shareprice is holding up during the rights trading period, and not even a thumbs-up for the 250th boat going to the UK?!

Where have all you SLG supporters gone? :confused:
I'm still here after taking up my rights. Laughing all the way to the bank too.:D

CharlesWiddicombe
29-09-2008, 05:55 PM
SP at 32 cents as I write, and Market Depth on ASB site indicates that the spread is relatively small (1 cent); the spread was large last week, but now people seem to want to sell at any price. The Market depth also indicates plenty of pent up selling below 40 cents, so the price will probably remain depressed for some time. Which is a shame, because I think this company has some real potential (hence a small investment).

Question is when to buy/sell? I am tempted to keep buying as it drops (averaging down) but this typically irrational behaviour (sell the losses, ride the winners). My own DCF says that it should be a buy above 35 cents.

As long as the company can get through to cash break-even before needing more capital (in poor capital market conditions such as we have currently), it shouldn't go into receivership, so that covers that issue.

Thoughts? SP just a lack of confidence in market in general?

PS US distribution opportunity looks like the right move.

red thing
05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
For six years now SLG has been doing all its directors have said it would. The boxes have been ticked.
Now though there needs to be a time in sight when shareholders can expect to see a reward for their participation. In other words a profit and a dividend.
Manufacturing companies are trading on yields of up to 8-10% and this is a manufacturing company.
SLG can't be a 'startup' for ever.
Let's hope they are getting the agency appointments right and that good things come from the latest initiatives.:)

shasta
05-10-2008, 03:12 PM
For six years now SLG has been doing all its directors have said it would. The boxes have been ticked.
Now though there needs to be a time in sight when shareholders can expect to see a reward for their participation. In other words a profit and a dividend.
Manufacturing companies are trading on yields of up to 8-10% and this is a manufacturing company.
SLG can't be a 'startup' for ever.
Let's hope they are getting the agency appointments right and that good things come from the latest initiatives.:)

For 6 years, you're joking right :confused:

SLG was an abortion from the start (i should know i had a very large holding in IT Capital & got burnt badly! :mad:)

Under it's former moniker IT Capital, they had 3 businesses lined up (all related parties to the current Directors), trying to fob them off to IT Capital shareholders at over valued prices, 2 of the deals fell over, & after selling off the promising "Virtual Spectator" business unit, all that was left was a "boat with wheels" idea...:(

Ok, i have already disclosed i have an axe or two to grind, but SLG directors are self serving, greedy & don't give a stuff about there shareholders.

God knows why Fisher Funds bought into them :confused:

(I'd say thats more a poor reflection on the opportunities within the NZX than an endorsement on SLG!)

I would urge anyone contemplating buying into SLG, to DYOR about who is running the company & there backgrounds.

red thing
07-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Six years this month in fact Shasta.

Just what has a poor investment in IT Capital got to do with this company which emerged from the ashes of ITC?

Thus far all the working directors have served themselves is a modest fee paid to their management company.

Fisher Funds bought in because their research led them to believe SLG to be a well managed small company with excellent prospects. Those prospects are still excellent and are being realised.

I do agree that anyone buying in to SLG or putting money into a bank deposit for that matter should research their investment and understand the risk involved. Then not bleat should it turn sour.

Caveat emptor.

Ekrub
20-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Sealegs needs to raise more capital.....it's only a few months since the
last rights issue, so how will they do that with orders dropping for their
self-described "luxury" item?

brettdale
27-10-2008, 07:16 PM
So what happened to that rumour of a big government contract? Was it just hype?

craic
28-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Winston Peters promises to see that the Govt. buys 107 of them when he is re-elected. They are to be given to Maori National party voters for fishing off the Auckland Islands. The company is to be based in Invercarg(h?)ill and run by Rodney Hide.

ari
20-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Is that an air leak I hear?
Amphibious boat designer and maker Sealegs said today it is considering making a rights issue to shareholders to fund cash flow requirements, shortly after slashing revenue forecasts between 17 per cent and 39 per cent last month.

Ekrub
10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
And three months later ARI, the rights issue is off.

Is Sealegs a goner?

Wonderful product, but not exactly a necessity.

And the first company News release I've seen, which wasn't
jauntily upbeat. Not a good sign, oh dear!

brettdale
24-02-2009, 04:48 PM
"I mean this is all great , but how about actually SELLING SOME FU*kIN BOATS"

A Sealegs 7.1m amphibious inflatable boat today completed a successful 3,015km
circumnavigation of the North Island.

The two-man team, headed by Sealegs Corporation CEO David McKee Wright, set off from
Takapuna towards Cape Reinga last Monday (February 16) and completed the journey –
equivalent in distance from Rarotonga to Auckland—at 1.25pm today in approximately 65
hours of driving time, at an average speed of 46km/h. The Sealegs RIB was powered by an
Evinrude E-Tec 150hp outboard.

The ambitious venture took the craft from Auckland up to Cape Reinga, down the west coast
of the North Island past New Plymouth then Wanganui. The team then ventured across the
Cook Strait to Nelson before returning to Auckland via Wellington, Napier, Whakatane and
Whitianga.

Sealegs CEO David McKee Wright says “the journey has proven the reliability, durability
and mature design of the Sealegs amphibious marine craft.

“The investment the company has made into design and manufacture was evident in the
craft’s performance in the testing conditions found through parts of the journey,
including swells up to five metres and winds in excess of 40 knots.”

The purpose of the trip was to evaluate the performance of the new 2009 US Coast Guard
compliant Sealegs craft in some of the harshest conditions found in the world. During
the circumnavigation, the amphibious craft was demonstrated to many people who had not
yet been exposed to the revolutionary practice of hassle free launch and retrieval of
their boats, which are just two of the many benefits that Sealegs provide with their
innovative product.

The new 2009 range of Sealegs Amphibious Marine will be available from 01 March 2009.
See www.sealegs.com

winner69
28-05-2009, 08:23 PM
SLG one of the top gainers today .... but heck i hadn't realised the share price had fallen to 10 cents

winner69
28-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Record revenues just reported .... 105 boats at more than $100K each good going

Pity they can't make any mpney .... still have $3m in the bank

Fisher Funds still in? Weren't they the ones who pushed the share price up to $1

Contrarian
29-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Gidday

Fisher are out.

They must have done the old Buy High, Sell Low trick

brettdale
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Why the sudden interest all of a sudden ?

chippy52
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Why the sudden interest all of a sudden ?

You may want to read these

http://www.sealegs.com/news/article/mumbai-police-get-their-sealegs

http://www.sealegs.com/news/article/malaysian-fire-department-orders-sealegs-rescue-craft

futurist
08-08-2009, 11:58 AM
The stock had been traded up since the beginning of the week after some harsh comments from the Fish. There were 100,000 shares on offered at each 0.5c interval from 14c to 18c, and then the share price went up day by day as all those offers were accepted. Yesterday it went from 18c to 20c very early on, but struggled till the end before it reached 22c to make a 22.22% increase in a single day.

Since the whole thing lasted for a week with thin volume, it could be just someone dumped all their holdings while bargain hunters picked them up based on the company's recent announcements of selling a few more boats to a couple more countries, among other reasons. Alternatively it could be someone or an organized group of people selling off from the right hand and buying back from the left hand as a way to push up the share price, since it is not a frequently traded stock. The question is, why would anyone intend to do that?

Maybe this can explain the situation (especially the part talks about trigger prices for options):

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/2574834/

Of course there are still millions of other possibilities to explain the 60% jump in share price for a week under thin volume, this one is purely a speculation only without much research!

(Disclosure: Not a holder of SLG)

The BOWMAN
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
What's up with SLGs? Up nearly 30% today. Checked announcements and nothing today. Hate these inside traders.

winner69
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
You know the market is getting very very excited when the top movers today are IRG, NWC, SLG, CYT, BOZ, GEL, ZIN etc

But quite a few SLG going through though ... surely carmel hasn't changed her mind

brettdale
13-08-2009, 02:36 PM
sealegs giving up its gains over the past two days, back to 20 from high of 28, Im guessing mid teens by friday.

Billy Boy
13-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder about their marketing. :o:o
I would like to have a look at one of these boats as it could
be ideal for my crib.
I go to their web site and they seam to have no agencies around
good old NZ, except factory in Auckland
Well hell i'm not going all the way from Q,town to Auckland just
to look at a boat.
The old saying
" you cant sell a secret"
BB:(

Ekrub
16-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Mr McKee Wright waxing positive on TV3 Business News this morning.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Demand-grows-for-amphibious-boats-/tabid/369/articleID/125649/cat/52/Default.aspx

GR8DAY
16-10-2009, 12:18 PM
.......don't think there's any issues with their marketing BB.......around 5mills worth of forward orders on the books plus environmental factors around the world now playing into their hands ( re tsunamis, flooding, concerns re rising sea levels etc). I think India has already purchased and if they can get the US on the books.....well Im picking a bigger factory will be on the cards. Personally I think it's a superb kiwi product ready to take on the world both recreationally and on the military/search&rescue fronts also.

sudds
19-04-2010, 12:47 AM
.......don't think there's any issues with their marketing BB.......around 5mills worth of forward orders on the books plus environmental factors around the world now playing into their hands ( re tsunamis, flooding, concerns re rising sea levels etc). I think India has already purchased and if they can get the US on the books.....well Im picking a bigger factory will be on the cards. Personally I think it's a superb kiwi product ready to take on the world both recreationally and on the military/search&rescue fronts also.

And does the current share price reflect this?

jonu
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
SLG declares maiden profit! Maybe they are getting some traction!

ratkin
11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Maybe time to consider getting back in. Made a killing the last time . Was in at 26c and out at near a dollar.

Ekrub
18-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe an idea to set the recorder, if 6.15am is too early for you.
This from the company today, about Wednesday morning.
Mr McKee-Wright did say on the now defunct TV3 Business News
late last year, that he'd have good News for us this year, perhaps
being in profit was the good News, but I'll be looking in:

Sealegs CEO, David McKee Wright, is scheduled to speak about the company
and its strategy on the TV One NZI Business programme. The segment will air
on Wednesday 19th May 2010 at approximately 6:15am.

Ekrub
19-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Much as I'm loathe to publicise anything from Television Auckland Ltd., (I once worked at Avalon), here is Mr McKee-Wright's interview:

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/nzi-business-may-19-sealegs-succeeds-amphibious-boats-4-25-video-3557587

keepitsimple
25-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Maybe time to consider getting back in. Made a killing the last time . Was in at 26c and out at near a dollar.

With a new cornerstone invester slg,s board most be pretty optermistic.You may be right ratkin

Silverlight
21-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Avenport Investment Corporation to own 36%

Sealegs Corporation(NZX:SLG) has received an offer to subscribe to 31 million new shares from Avenport Investment Corporation. The consideration of the offer is $6.2 million which is based on the 30-day average closing share price as at 15th June.

The Sealegs board has resolved to put the offer to shareholders for approval at the annual general meeting on July 30th . The board based its decision on the fact that the strategic expansion of Sealegs will require significant working capital and because Avenport shared the same vision for Sealegs as the management.

Sealegs CEO David McKee Wright said “Sealegs has proven it has a product that works in over 25 countries around the world, it has proved the amphibious boat market is a significant one with multiple applications and it has proved its business model can be profitable. An investment into international expansion and the creation of a global brand makes good strategic sense at this time.“ He went on to say “Avenport would bring an international focus to the company and the capital from the placement would fund marketing, sales initiatives and the development of new models.

The Sealegs board has commissioned an independent appraisers report on the offer and when completed it will advise its findings and views to shareholders.

Sealegs recently announced a $642,000 operating profit on sales of $11.4m for the year ending March 31st 2010.

They currently have 14m shares so more 31m (@ 20 cents) will give them 36% stake, anyone know anything about them? I can't find a website.

GR8DAY
21-06-2010, 02:38 PM
.......at last someone else is showing faith in the company!...........knew I should have bought more sub 20c. No idea who's behind Avenport.......don't think it will be Allan Hubbard tho!

Ekrub
21-06-2010, 04:17 PM
And since current holders will be "watered down", howzabout a pro-rata rights issue, something like one new share for every four or three already held. Might need to be a bit below 20c though to get significant uptake.

forest
21-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Avenport Investment Corporation to own 36%
They currently have 14m shares so more 31m (@ 20 cents) will give them 36% stake, anyone know anything about them? I can't find a website. Quote from Silverlight.

Silverlight I have looked into this company even owned some shares. Been to shareholders meeting and talked to a few people there. I had the impression that there was little respect for
shareholders. It would not surprise me if Avenport Investment Corporation is partly owned by the Mc Kee Wright family you might want to look in that direction.

POSSUM THE CAT
21-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Forest will they be compelled to make a takeover offer by the increase in shareholding.

forest
21-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I understand they would have to make an offer when they get over 20% to other shareholders however a vote on this by shareholders possibly could give them exemption. Somebody else might want to confirm or correct this.
Thanks

Bilo
22-06-2010, 01:16 PM
What is Avenport? Who is Mitchell Barrett. Why Mauritious? I know SLG need capital but really why give away control of anything promising for no premium an a measily $6M? Are NZers with money so Scared of investing it?

GR8DAY
22-06-2010, 03:06 PM
......valid questions Bilo but i guess it's just a case of someone or some company coming forward at the right time with the offer of injecting that amount of money......i suppose there will be conditions attached should shareholders vote in favour?

Bilo
22-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes Gr8day but it got me thinking and I found the following:
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Meaning
Don't be ungrateful when you receive a gift.
Origin
This comes into the category of phrases called proverbs (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/proverbs.html), that is, 'short and expressive sayings, in common use, which are recognized as conveying some accepted truth or useful advice'. The phrase is often expressed as 'never look a gift horse in the mouth'.
As horses age their teeth begin to project further forward each year and so their age can be estimated by checking how prominent the teeth are. This incidentally is also the source of another teeth/age related phrase - long in the tooth (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/long-in-the-tooth.html).
The advice given in the 'don't look...' proverb is: when given a present, be grateful for your good fortune and don't look for more by examining it to assess its value.
As with most proverbs the origin is ancient and unknown. We have some clues with this one however. The phrase was originally "don't look a given horse in the mouth" and first appears in print in 1546 in John Heywood's A dialogue conteinyng the nomber in effect of all the prouerbes in the Englishe tongue, where he gives it as:
"No man ought to looke a geuen hors in the mouth."
Heywood is an interesting character in the development of English. He was employed at the courts of Henry VIII and Mary I as a singer, musician, and playwright. His Proverbs is a comprehensive collection of those known at the time and includes many that are still with us:
- Many hands make light work.
- Rome wasn't built in a day.
- A good beginning makes a good ending.
and so on. These were expressed in the literary language of the day, as in "would yee both eat your cake, and have your cake?", but the modern versions are their obvious descendents.
We can't attribute these to Heywood himself, he collected them from the literary works of the day and from common parlance. He can certainly be given the credit for introducing many proverbs to a wide and continuing audience and that includes one that Shakespeare later borrowed - All's well that ends well (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/29800.html).
See also - straight from the horse's mouth (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/336400.html).
AND:
A Trojan, sometimes referred to as a Trojan horse, is non-self-replicating malware (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware) that appears to perform a desirable function for the user but instead facilitates unauthorized access to the user's computer system. The term is derived from the Trojan Horse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse) story in Greek mythology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology).

GR8DAY
22-06-2010, 05:00 PM
.....gosh Bilo that's really interesting......found anything else lately? I found my green builders pencil under some timber today but that's only because I left it there. What's your point bro?

winner69
22-06-2010, 05:04 PM
.....gosh Bilo that's really interesting......found anything else lately? I found my green builders pencil under some timber today but that's only because I left it there. What's your point bro?

I think he is saying that a large shareholder is screwing the small guy

winner69
22-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I see the Companies Office still has Hubbard Churcher owning 2.3 mill shares .... toally irrevelant but interesting

GR8DAY
22-06-2010, 06:41 PM
.....wish he just said so.....KISS!

Nigel
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
The new European partner has had to pay a premium to get a decent whack of shares - it's not the most liquid of stocks, particularly when you are wanting $500mil worth! They've obviously got a lot of confidence though (or perhaps some additional information) that makes them comfortable buying in at 19 cents. As you say Moosie, it does make 11 cents look very cheap.

Nigel
22-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Up to 13 cents today, with sellers at 15 cents. And the depth is looking pretty encouraging - 389,965 on the buy side and only 8,000 on the sell side.

Blendy
22-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Oh that's good to know. I bought some of these ages ago (at an outrageous price I might add - what was I thinking?) and they are sitting in my portfolio of boring shares that i hardly ever look in. I really hope something exciting happens for this company at some stage because I like to support innovation, and I suppose that was the main reason I bought in. Maybe time to buy some more I wonder?

Glendoonie
25-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Seller Alert!!

One seller offering 9000 SLG at $0.150.

NO buyers? What's with that?

Nigel
25-03-2013, 07:38 PM
No buyers? ASB Securities shows 455,865 on the buy side (and 9,000 on the sell). You'd think one of the 14 buyers would step up and take out the 9000!

westcoaster
25-03-2013, 07:53 PM
nice publicity, Westpac would benefit from a few! surely cheaper than air http://www.localmatters.co.nz/Sport/Coastguard/Hibiscus+Coastguard/Coastguard+Archives/Scenario+proves+worth+of+Sealegs.html

Glendoonie
26-03-2013, 02:37 PM
No buyers? ASB Securities shows 455,865 on the buy side (and 9,000 on the sell). You'd think one of the 14 buyers would step up and take out the 9000!

No buyers at Yesterday, 06:02 PM. Yes, I see the situation has changed somewhat ...

Nigel
02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Nice vote of confidence from NZ Governemnt. TechNZ has awarded Sealegs an R&D grant of $247k....

SEALEGS SECURES R&D GRANT FROM NZ GOVERNMENT for new generation amphibious
technology

Auckland, 28 March 2013:

Sealegs International has been awarded a TechNZ grant of $247,000 by
Callaghan Innovation to research and develop a new generation of amphibious
technology that can be applied to significantly larger craft that operate in
the commercial, professional and government sectors.

Sealegs CEO David Glen says "This development project and the recognition by
Callaghan Innovation is a solid endorsement that Sealegs has proven
technology, and is a very significant milestone at Sealegs. The opportunity
now exists for Sealegs to develop and commercialise new technology, and to
expand the breadth and reach of its amphibious technology - new products and
new markets. This funding will assist Sealegs achieve its development goals
quicker and better, and enable Sealegs to pursue many new markets and
customers in the commercial, industrial, public service, enforcement and
military markets around the world sooner than might otherwise have been
possible."

Callaghan Innovation was established by the New Zealand Government on 1
February 2013 and is charged with accelerating commercialisation of
innovation in New Zealand firms.
Sealegs had a previous relationship with the Ministry of Business, Innovation
and Employment's Business Innovation and Investment team, and this group has
been incorporated into Callaghan Innovation

Sealegs is the world's leading manufacturer of patented amphibious craft.
With 10 years' experience and development, there are now over 750 craft in
more than 35 countries around the world.

craic
03-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Really? 750 craft in 10 years? I was an enthusiast ten years ago. I got out when I realised that this was a dead duck that cvould be copied by the Chinese and any other who might be interested. How much has anyone had in dividends in that time?

biker
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Your enthusiasm was shared by Ms Fisher. You weren't the only cool aid drinker.

hilskin
21-05-2013, 10:00 AM
as at 09:20:33, Tuesday 21 May, 2013 (NZT)
FLLYR: SLG: Sealegs achieves profitability on strong growth
SLG
21/05/2013 09:20
FLLYR

REL: 0920 HRS Sealegs Corporation Limited

FLLYR: SLG: Sealegs achieves profitability on strong growth

Sealegs Corporation Limited (NZX:SLG) has today announced that the unaudited
profit for the period ending 31 March 2013 was $204,000, up $2.063m compared
to the loss of $1.859m in the same period last year, and a loss of $134,000
in the half year ended 30 September 2012.

The unaudited profit was achieved on sales for the year ending 31 March 2013
of $16.407m, up 18.6% on the previous year (FY12: $13.830m).

Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation were $735,000,
up $2.041m compared to the deficit of $1.306m in FY12.

At the end of the financial period the Company had unaudited cash and bank
balances of $3.664m.

The sales result shows a pleasing increase in the average unit price of the
boats sold during the period. In the year ending 31 March 2013 the company
sold 104 boats in the period (FY12: 106) while the average unit price
increased 17% to $149k (FY12: $127k). This increased average unit price
reflects the introduction of new Sealegs models in 2012 that extend the
product range at the top-end of the market to include a 7.7m cabin boat and a
7.7m wide console craft. These craft have been well received in New Zealand
and Australia and will be introduced in the key USA market and other global
markets in 2013.

Additionally the sales result for the first time reflects that Sealegs has
earned revenues from the sale of Sealegs amphibious technology kits and
installation on another boat manufacturers' craft.

The improved trading performance in the year ended 31 March 2013 also
reflects improved service revenues, covering achievements in NZ and USA
markets, a small improvement in gross margins and a significant reduction in
overhead costs as a result of the restructuring programme that commenced
during the previous year.

The Company is pleased with the sales progress made in a number of markets.
While NZ and Australia markets were constant, there was some growth in the
North American, South East Asian and Russian markets, and some promising
growth in an emerging African market.

Eric Series, Sealegs Chairman, says "I am very pleased with the very
encouraging results achieved which are a consequence of the initiatives we
took a couple of years ago. The company is firmly in growth mode while at the
same time ensuring that productivity gains are also a key area of focus."

While boat sales in a predominantly recreational market remain at a constant
level in the current challenging export and foreign exchange environment,
Sealegs is making a strategic investment in the development and
commercialisation of Sealegs technology for larger amphibious vessels, with
substantially higher load carrying capability.

Sealegs CEO David Glen says "This development project is a very significant
milestone at Sealegs. The opportunity now exists for Sealegs to commercialise
its existing amphibious technologies, and to develop and commercialise new,
large format amphibious technology, and to expand the awareness and reach of
its Sealegs technology - new products and new markets. We have secured a
significant grant from the New Zealand Government which is a solid
endorsement that Sealegs has proven amphibious technology. This grant will
enable Sealegs to achieve its development goals quicker and better, and to
pursue many new markets and customers in the commercial, industrial, public
service, law enforcement and military markets around the world sooner than
might otherwise have been possible.

We expect to see a significant contribution in the year ending 31 March 2014
from the strategic move to engage with other boat builders around the world
who are well established in providing proven vessels to commercial operators,
emergency management services and other governmental agency markets,
including law and border enforcement."
End CA:00236451 For:SLG Type:FLLYR Time:2013-05-21 09:20:33

GR8DAY
21-05-2013, 11:35 AM
.......the tide might finally be turning for SEALEGS.......a brilliant bunch of hard working kiwi guys producing a brilliant product.....world leaders in their field hopefully now getting the global recognition they deserve. Congratulations to all concerned........please keep cutting those costs so you can repay us loyal shareholders soon!!?

GR8DAY
21-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I see these coming and going off Takapuna. Which made me think ... If I was paying for the people by the hour and took into account the time saving launching and retrieving how much would this be worth? And if I owned them, how much would save on wear and tear as they suffer less damage? How reliable are they? (Actually quite!) ... Nothing like seeing the asset first hand to make you realize SLG will go far.

......they are now also supply other boat manufacturers with their products and expertise so they are generating royalties on their highly patented technology. It's all good kiwi stuff and they have created a world first. Now larger vessels are being produced and I believe even larger models are on the drawing board (literally) which will continue to attract attention and hopefully more sales from both the Military, Search and Rescue AND other Government agencies around the world. A recent placement was made to a French consortium I believe for 19c a share.........correct me if Im wrong.??

hilskin
21-05-2013, 02:19 PM
An earlier post from moosie 900

Sealegs announces that Avenport Investments, its principal shareholder, has sold a block of shares to a strategic European investor. The transaction took place on 4 March 2013 for a total of 2,483,836 shares at 19 cents. Avenport Investments now holds 47,016,164 shares representing 38.736%.

Eric Series, Chairman, said "Sealegs was recently approached about a possible share acquisition. Given Sealegs has a sound financial position and the cash to funds its development ambitions, Sealegs does not have a need for fresh capital. With the opportunity to bring in this new strategic partner who could contribute to the future of Sealegs, I am confident that our efforts to build a strong and diversified shareholder base will help grow the Sealegs business and help raise awareness of Sealegs patented amphibious technology and Sealegs craft."

David Glen
Chief Executive Officer
Sealegs International

Phone: +64.9.414 3092

stevo1
21-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Really? 750 craft in 10 years? I was an enthusiast ten years ago. I got out when I realised that this was a dead duck that cvould be copied by the Chinese and any other who might be interested. How much has anyone had in dividends in that time?

UUMMMM yes 10 years and now a PROFIT of $204000 .that is $20000/year.What have the directors earned over 10 yrs ????? MMMMMM

Ekrub
21-05-2013, 09:45 PM
The Sealegs' governor speaks:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/135697/sealegs-announces-full-year-profit

GR8DAY
22-05-2013, 04:47 PM
.........SP about to "launch" northwards (hopefully returning to 30/50c).........sellers looking thin on the ground and not before time! (holder of 5yrs)

Beagle
22-05-2013, 05:22 PM
As a boating enthusiast I see their product as technically great and useful but wildly over-priced for what it is but that didn't stop me taking a very keen viewing when four young ladies jiggled their way up the beach at Mansion house bay on Kawau Island this summer LOL. Unfortunatly my wife caught me looking but I escaped big trouble by claiming that I was serriously interested in the technology behind the boat:)
I feel sorry for long suffering investors in this company.

GR8DAY
22-05-2013, 07:01 PM
As a boating enthusiast I see their product as technically great and useful but wildly over-priced for what it is but that didn't stop me taking a very keen viewing when four young ladies jiggled their way up the beach at Mansion house bay on Kawau Island this summer LOL. Unfortunatly my wife caught me looking but I escaped big trouble by claiming that I was serriously interested in the technology behind the boat:)
I feel sorry for long suffering investors in this company.

LOL roger........agree they seemed overp=priced way back then, although they obviously have been selling all they can make. The order books are always full and I believe they actually reduced the price of the original 6mtre model to make them more competitive? Boaties are now regularly forking out $150k plus on large trailer boats now so with SeaLegs unique offering they dont look so over-priced anymore......niche market anyway. I can only presume (hope) that once the 8mtre plus models hit the market at maybe $250k plus their profitability will increase exponentially? Anyway I wish them well and I for one am more than happy to support and invest in local KIWI innovation and expertise.

stevo1
22-05-2013, 07:35 PM
LOL roger........agree they seemed overp=priced way back then, although they obviously have been selling all they can make. The order books are always full and I believe they actually reduced the price of the original 6mtre model to make them more competitive? Boaties are now regularly forking out $150k plus on large trailer boats now so with SeaLegs unique offering they dont look so over-priced anymore......niche market anyway. I can only presume (hope) that once the 8mtre plus models hit the market at maybe $250k plus their profitability will increase exponentially? Anyway I wish them well and I for one am more than happy to support and invest in local KIWI innovation and expertise.

No worries provided you are investing in KIWI innovation and not just supporting others life style with your ambivalent nature surely profit return to shareholders is the sole purpose of investment .10yrs is a looong time without result.And $204000 on $16,000,000 turnover looks to be a very poor return on capitol particularly when you look at history over 10yrs

GR8DAY
23-05-2013, 08:40 AM
No worries provided you are investing in KIWI innovation and not just supporting others life style with your ambivalent nature surely profit return to shareholders is the sole purpose of investment .10yrs is a looong time without result.And $204000 on $16,000,000 turnover looks to be a very poor return on capitol particularly when you look at history over 10yrs

...ah .........NO? Not all of us invest purely for profit return (not that Ive had a lot at stake over the past 5yrs, but that is changing now) ........I personally have a strong interest in "things marine" ......SLGs Patented Amphibious Technology is cutting edge......just love to see the Chinese try and copy it, yea right........glug, glug, glug!

Beagle
23-05-2013, 09:36 AM
My view is that the local boat market is very, very slow. These boats are an especially attractive option for waterfront home owners but many of these owners have seen a substaintial reduction in the value of their sea-side mansions since the onset of the GFC. My gut feel is it seems inappropriate for the directors, managers and staff to have enjoyed employment, (one would presume on reasonable terms), for all that time and for shareholders the owners of the company to have seen nothing. In a world where value is the new cool, I can't help but wonder if people arn't going to look for more value based boating solutions but the bottom line for me is the shareholders interests don't seem to have been accomodated properly so I wouldn't invest at any price but as a keen boating enthusiast I wish shareholders well.

As an accountant of 30 years experience I fully understand that new start-ups take time to find traction and build market awareness...but I would have thought this company would have been rewarding shareholders quite some time ago. Be careful, who is really benifiting from its continued operation, my 2 cents.

P.S. You can buy a high quality 6 metre boat for well under $100K.

westcoaster
23-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Everyone is so down on the cost of this amazing technology... These craft are not designed or marketed towards the average Joe, but to the rest of the population for which money is NO factor. Yes there may be a quality 6mtr boat for under 100k but it wont be amphibious, unfortunately most of us will never afford one of these boats but that doesn't mean they aren't worth it.

Beagle
23-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Its not really a case of whether the boats are worth it or not. The business model hasn't worked for shareholders, that's all that really matters now and heads should roll in my opinion.

GR8DAY
24-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Its not really a case of whether the boats are worth it or not. The business model hasn't worked for shareholders, that's all that really matters now and heads should roll in my opinion.

........AH SORRY DISAGREE!....if you think new models/products, marketing, sales, international patents etc happen easily your'e mistaken......good things take time, sometimes very long AND we're nearly there. A $2,000,000 turnaround in 12mnths for a company of this size is nothing short of spectacular and bodes very well for future growth and expansion. Im personally very happy to have part ownership of this well positioned co. although I do agree it has been a long road. I wouldnt be rubbishing them now.......I'd be investing in them instead or you might just miss the boat!!

Nigel
24-05-2013, 10:43 AM
..I'd be investing in them instead or you might just miss the boat!!

"Miss the boat", get it? It's a play on words. Like "miss out", but it's about boats. Like Sealegs. Ah, genius.

Excuse me while I regain some level of poise... right, that's better. Now, where was I? Ah, yes. As well as appreciating the sharp wit evident in the above post, I also agree with the sentiment conveyed by the writer. The recent result does mark a significant turnaround for this company, and profitablility - coupled with an improved operating model - increases the hopes of a bright future. The board looks very different from the 'historical' board and it looks like maybe they now have the right people to chase further success.

GR8DAY
24-05-2013, 12:09 PM
......thanks for explaining that to everyone NIGEL.......I was trying to be subtle!! LOL Anyway your'e quite correct on new management replacing "historical" plus SLG also now have a strategic EUROPEAN PARTNER (see below) who will no doubt be wanting to inject new marketing ideas to further grow SLG to an internationally recognized brand and acknowledgment of the world leader they are in Trailerable Amphibious Craft. I believe they have already delivered a large order to the Malaysian Govt for Search and Rescue work on their waterways.......the Military is yet another significant application. I believe with further talk of rising sea levels and increasing flooding etc as we are seeing, these "boats-with-legs" will become more and more accepted as the answer to the issues surrounding these disasters?? Here's hoping anyway!

Announcement
S/HOLDER: SLG: Sealegs welcomes a new European shareholder 04:43p.m.
SLG
05/03/2013 16:43
S/HOLDER

REL: 1643 HRS Sealegs Corporation Limited

S/HOLDER: SLG: Sealegs welcomes a new European shareholder

Sealegs announces that Avenport Investments, its principal shareholder, has
sold a block of shares to a strategic European investor. The transaction took
place on 4 March 2013 for a total of 2,483,836 shares at 19 cents. Avenport
Investments now holds 47,016,164 shares representing 38.736%.

Eric Series, Chairman, said "Sealegs was recently approached about a possible
share acquisition. Given Sealegs has a sound financial position and the cash
to funds its development ambitions, Sealegs does not have a need for fresh
capital. With the opportunity to bring in this new strategic partner who
could contribute to the future of Sealegs, I am confident that our efforts to
build a strong and diversified shareholder base will help grow the Sealegs
business and help raise awareness of Sealegs patented amphibious technology
and Sealegs craft."

David Glen
Chief Executive Officer
Sealegs International

Phone: +64.9.414 3092
End CA:00233803 For:SLG Type:S/HOLDER Time:2013-03-05 16:43:49

Call 0800 ANZ SBT
(0800 269 728)
Email us

Download form
Call 0800 ANZ SBT
(0800 269 728)

Online Multi-Currency A/C
Useful Links
FAQs
Help
Newsletter Alerts

2010 All rights in this site are owned by or licensed to ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited or ANZ New Zealand Securities Limited.

Beagle
24-05-2013, 01:01 PM
You folks could well be right and i wish you well but its certainly been a choppy ride for shareholders, I guess I prefer a bit more stability in my investments and havn't got the sealegs for this this one :)

Nigel
24-05-2013, 01:25 PM
You folks could well be right and i wish you well but its certainly been a choppy ride for shareholders, I guess I prefer a bit more stability in my investments and havn't got the sealegs for this this one :)

So you're not expecting it to all be plain sailing then?

hilskin
24-05-2013, 03:06 PM
now 19c, go you good thing.

Nigel
24-05-2013, 03:32 PM
now 19c, go you good thing.

19c - the price that the major european investor bought their stake at recently... the major investor who bought in presumably with a clearer picture of progress and strategies than you an I have, expecting to make some serious coin from their investment. So - in theory - there's still some way to go yet!

GR8DAY
24-05-2013, 05:16 PM
That's the target for now. Should bounce around between 18 and 19 for a while before breaking through on higher volume ;)

....HOW DO YOU FIGURE THAT MOOSE??..........IVE GOT A TARGET OF 26-30c WHICH IS WHERE IT TRADED FOR A LONGTIME PRE ANY OF THESE LATEST ENCOURAGING DEVELOPMENTS?? maybe just maybe it will even return to the original 50c.........if so I'll go but one of these 3 legged beasts myself!!

GR8DAY
25-05-2013, 07:49 AM
.......we live in hope m8! I'll be just as surprised if it doesn't............all we need now is for the French Connection (AVENPORT INVESTMENTS) to make a full takeover offer??

ari
25-05-2013, 09:02 AM
It's been a slow haul for this co. I had a very large parcel back in the early day's (IT Capital etc). I remember going to AGM on Princess Wharf and walking away totally disgusted by the inept handling of the meeting......totally unprepared (probably prepared in their eyes). Could not even answer questions put to them.
Don't know whats different today....but there are certainly better investments that allow you to sleep soundly at night!

GR8DAY
25-05-2013, 12:23 PM
It's been a slow haul for this co. I had a very large parcel back in the early day's (IT Capital etc). I remember going to AGM on Princess Wharf and walking away totally disgusted by the inept handling of the meeting......totally unprepared (probably prepared in their eyes). Could not even answer questions put to them.
Don't know whats different today....but there are certainly better investments that allow you to sleep soundly at night!

.....being able to answer every question doesnt neccesarily make for a successful co. does it?......these guys are "doers" no friggn "talkers".....kiwi blokes with a global vision and they've done the hard yards and made it work......to create something this unique and get it selling on the world stage is just phenominal.......have you ever tried it yourself?? (I have) Now hopefully us long suffering Shareholders may reap some rewards also.....your'e right it has been a long road but now is the time now for support and recognition NOT mockery. CAN'T SAY IM LOOSING ANY SLEEP AT THE MOMENT! BUYER/HOLDER/BELIEVER.

Snow Leopard
18-09-2013, 03:56 PM
announcement (http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SLG&E=NZSE&N=241274)

Amidst the buzz of the 34th America's Cup, Auckland-based watercraft
innovator Sealegs International has showcased its patented amphibious
technology on San Francisco Bay and its foreshore to influential potential
investors and customers.

Eric Series, Sealegs chairman, says: "It was fantastic for our team to be
able to demonstrate the Sealegs craft on the Bay, and for our guests to take
front row seats as the world watches the 34th America's Cup."

Sealegs International has been one of Auckland's world-leading technology
companies taking part in Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development's
(ATEED) business growth programme at San Francisco during the Cup.

Brett O'Riley, ATEED Chief Executive, says: "Sealegs is one of the best
examples of New Zealand innovation and expertise in the marine technology
industry, which is one of ATEED's key focus sectors for growing Auckland's
export-led economy."

"Sealegs amphibious technology is an exciting offering to the international
sailing community and ATEED is proud to support Sealegs ongoing export
drive," says Brett O'Riley.

"Like Emirates Team New Zealand's rocket ship, Aotearoa, Sealegs craft are a
fantastic example of the innovation and technology which Auckland produces."

Sealegs will attend the September 2013 Monaco Yacht Show, where ATEED will
further showcase Auckland's marine technology industry.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

winner69
18-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice one ....didn't keep up Aotearoa I bet!!!

Jeez xerocon put 20% on the XRO shareprice ......this more exciting and real stuff so how about 30%

Blendy
18-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I also nearly fell overboard when I saw someone's sell order in for $1 !!!
(I would have thought it would get rejected for being too far off the market)

hilskin
20-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Sealegs revealed their latest concept for commercial application today at the AGM. They have done very well considering they only received the R&D grant back in April ???? and it looks ready to go from what i could see. Could explain the jump in share price this afternoon, or it could be to do with the mention of a dividend payment next year, or maybe cause there was some fellow their that looked very familiar from some management fund (looked like him any way so I wont say his name in case i make a dick of myself):)

Blendy
20-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Oh no, I completely forgot to go!! That sounds like great news :) fingers crossed it all works out!

hilskin
21-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Here's some photos from yesterday. Sealegs are not going to get into making hulls for these larger legs which is why they are on a stand. They were fully operational and we got to watch them go up and down. I would think they are not to far away from selling them to existing boat builders from around the world so they can be bolted straight onto their existing designs. No doubt there will be some write up in the papers on all of this over the coming days.

Ekrub
22-09-2013, 10:43 AM
A pity there was no webcast of the Chairman's address, or am I missing something? Can't find the text of his remarks on the SLG website, or a link for the same.....perhaps they'll post them during office hours in the coming week.

hilskin
22-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Note, the mention of dividend was in relation to a question asked by a shareholder so may not be in the presentation.

Ekrub
23-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Aha! Thanks for that, so we can put the prospects for a dividend next year as a "definite maybe."

Nigel
23-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Some nice volume building at 19c and 20c on he buy side. The major European shareholder who bought in earlier in the year is finally in the money. No much on offer on the sell side. I'm hoping some funds start buying and lift it even more. Roll on regular profits and a nice divi!!

hilskin
25-09-2013, 10:26 AM
10:15am, 25 Sep 2013 | GENERALSEALEGS unveils new generation SLG-100 amphibious technology
Auckland, 25 September 2013:
Sealegs International unveiled its new generation SLG-100 amphibious technology which can be installed onto significantly larger craft that operate in the commercial, professional and government sectors at the Annual General Meeting of Sealegs Corporation Limited on Friday, 20 September 2013.
Maurice Bryham, Sealegs Founder and Chief Technology Officer, announced that “We are very pleased with the results of our SLG-100 research and development program which has been supported by Callaghan Innovation. We are excited of the potential and numerous applications for this new SLG-100 amphibious technology.”
Sealegs Chairman, Eric Series, says that the SLG-100 research and development program reinforces the Board’s vision for the Sealegs future whereby Sealegs will evolve into a technology company looking to unlock the potential of its portfolio of patented amphibious technology.”
Sealegs is the world’s leading manufacturer of patented amphibious craft. With 10 years’ experience and development, there are now over 800 craft in more than 35 countries around the world.
Callaghan Innovation was established by the New Zealand Government on 1 February 2013 and is charged with accelerating commercialisation of innovation in New Zealand firms.
David Glen
Chief Executive Officer
Sealegs International Limited
Phone +64.9.414 3092

SEALEGS unveils new generation SLG-100 amphibious technology (https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/182303.pdf)

hilskin
25-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Half year report out
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SLG/announcements/244246

Nigel
25-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Half year report out
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SLG/announcements/244246

What's your take on it? Disappointing to see increased costs cancelling out the increased revenue, and a loss for the period (and the loss being more than corresponding period).

They talk up a good story, so who knows, it may come right. They always manage to spend lots of money though and not make any money. At least they get a good lifestyle out of it.

Bobcat.
25-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes, the half year report is not all that impressive, and explains the 100,000 shares dumped earlier this morning (i.e. before the announcement) at 18.1c.

Discl: Bought a small parcel when their San Francisco showpiece got good exposure during the America's cup...which I think I'll continue to hold for now.

I like this technology but admit to know very little about how well the company is run - anybody care to voice an opinion?