PDA

View Full Version : Arafura Mining: ARU

Packersoldkidney
17-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Bought into these the other day - for obvious reasons. Low cap, not many shares on issue. A good diversified play, but it is the 'hot' element that makes it very interesting. Located 40 k's from a Canadian mob's uranium source, and about 3 or 400 k's from Summit's.

I suggest those interested check out the ASX announcement of January 13 - there are obvious tie ins for Summit and Laramide with this company.

Check it out.

Packersoldkidney
17-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Apologies for not posting on it earlier - but I was asked not to due to reasons I can't go into. (!)

Geoff7
19-02-2005, 04:13 AM
Hi, I jumped into these also.
They are doing the lap of honour to drum up some interest (see link)

http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/docserver/00499420.pdf?fileid=00499420&datedir=20050218&edt=MjAwNS0yLTE5KzA6MjE6MCsxMjArMzEwNzg3MzgrZXRyYW RleG1sK3JlZGlyZWN0Ky9pbWFnZXNpZ25hbC9lcnJvcnBhZ2Vz L0V0cmFkZVBERlRpbWVvdXQuaHRtbCsvaW1hZ2VzaWduYWwvZX Jyb3JwYWdlcy9wZGZkZWxheWVkLmpzcA

Have a look at the options chart, they have performed- reasonably well!
I would think the 'hot' element would be more generation of interest than being commercial(?).
Nolans Bore for REE and Phosphate looks very good, refer:
http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/Chairman%27s%20Address%2022112004.pdf

Cooper
19-02-2005, 10:27 AM
http://www.wallstreetreporter.com/linked/ARAFURARESOURCES.html

Slow but informative.

Geoff7
22-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the link, i did it via dial up yesterday.
Got broadband today.
It is interesting, I am wondering today "why did I not by more?"
I will check it out this week and post any notes.
Cheers and thanks.

Geoff7
24-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Nice small meeting in Melb.
Phosphate products will be processed by others.
The income from this should cover most of the set up costs for Rare Earths.
Any extra cash needed for Nolans Bore will be borrowed (no extra shares for holders).
An agreement is hoped for around March on Phosphates.
The real action here should hot up in 2006.
Now I am a newby so dont take my word, check it out yourself (I dont need the stress).
I was mainly impressed with the fact that they were realistic (even when pushed gently) that all mines were not going to be operational in 5 minutes (thats what we want isnt it).
Revenues from REE should be around $75m (?).
These are decent people, not car salesmen.
again:
I am a newby so dont take my word, check it out yourself (I dont need the stress).

cheers.

Geoff7
30-03-2005, 11:31 PM
A few cheap options hanging for anyone.
The buggers took 25% off me today, I was travelling good ($600 AUD only).

Geoff7
17-05-2005, 12:46 AM
This has been plodding along but seems to have found solid ground.
Check depth on buy side for ARU and ARUO, buyers coming in now.
Arafura have been popping up all over the place, more publicity than most $10m companies should get.
We are due some news here shortly.
Ones to watch out for are
Kurinelli exploration, this is good quality ground that will excite things.
Lagoon Creek, this has the potential to really blow the top of in one short burst, potential suitors like Laramide will be watching this closely.
Nolans Bore is a good solid base and it is good to see that they have not lost sight of the fact even though it may not be so glamorous. Check AMEC and AGES presentations for some numbers that will shake this one.

All IMHO.
Cheers.

Geoff7
23-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Anybody here still.
Trading halt, interesting circumstances.

Cheers

Geoff7
24-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I cant believe todays action.
What do you have to do to lift a share price?

Papillon
25-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Earn some profit

yogi-in-oz
25-05-2005, 12:58 AM
:) :) :) :) :)

Hi folks,

Not much volume for ARU today, so highs
could not be maintained .....

Looking ahead, late July and early August should
give us some ARU time cycles, with potentially
BIG news ..... ???

Will be watching keenly, from 28072005-thru-to-08082005,
with 02082005 and 08082005 being the most likely
key dates.

happy trading all

yogi

:) :) :) :) :)

Geoff7
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
A good day for holders, especially ARUO.

Geoff7
16-07-2005, 03:26 PM
From TSX
NEWS RELEASE TRANSMITTED BY CCNMatthews[IMAGE]FOR: Laramide Resources Ltd.TSX
VENTURE SYMBOL: LAM

July 15, 2005Laramide Commences Australian Exploration; Tackle Deal Nearing
CompletionTORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - July 15, 2005) - Laramide Resources
Ltd (TSX
VENTURE:LAM) is pleased to announce that it's acquisition of Tackle Resources
Ltd. - a private Australian company that holds the rights to the Westmoreland
copper-gold-uranium deposit in Queensland, Australia - is nearing completion.
Tackle has advised Laramide that they have completed the section 31 Aboriginal
agreement with the traditional land owners on Westmoreland. A section 31 Native Title Agreement is a tripartite agreement between the traditional land owners, the government, and the mining company. This governs the mining company's exploration and development activities. Exploration permits (EPM's), which secure title, cannot be granted without these agreements and their execution paves the way for Laramide to close the deal with Tackle, an event now expected to occur within two weeks.

Tackle are currently in the process of finalising the transfer of the Exploration Permits (EPM 14558, 14672, and 14589) on Westmoreland to Laramide Resources. On completion of this process the deal with Tackle will be finalised and Laramide's wholly owned Australian subsidiary will hold the exploration
permits for Westmoreland.

In addition, Laramide has finalised agreements on the two adjoining Joint
Venture areas located in the Northern Territory. The joint venture agreements
are with Hartz Range Resources, a private Australian company, and Arafura Resources a publicly listed Australian explorer and Laramide will be signatories to the existing AAPA (Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority) Sacred Site clearance certificate for the area covered by The Hartz Range Joint Venture. Field crews have been dispatched to set up a base camp in the Northern Territory and exploration work for the 2005 season will commence shortly.
Laramide plans an extensive work program during 2005, which will include drilling up to 6,000 meters of high priority drill targets on the joint venture ground (see Laramide news release of May 25, 2005).

Hartz Range holds three leases which cover approximately 65,000 hectares of
highly prospective exploration ground. The area is adjacent to Westmoreland and
exhibits the same geology, with the Westmoreland Conglomerate and overlying
Siegel Volcanics occurring throughout the Joint Venture area.

Phase one of Laramide's exploration program for its Australian holdings will be
a large scale geophysical program and the Company has contracted Universal
Tracking Systems ("UTS"), a geophysical contract company, to complete a detailed, high resolution airborne magnetics and radiometrics survey. This survey will get underway on July 24, 2005 and the contract calls for 21,000 line kilometres. The flight height will be 50 meters with survey line spacing of 100 meters. This survey will be the first large scale, high resolution magnetic and radiometric airborne geophysical survey completed over the Westmoreland and Lagoon creek project areas.

Peter Mullens, Laramide's VP Exploration and Corporate Development, stated "we
are very excited by the commencement of work on the Hartz Range Joint Venture
Area, particularly the UTS airborne geophysical survey. Results from this
airborne program should lead to a pipeline of targets which will guide exploration over the coming months and years."

To date, several high priority targets have been identified from previous exploration and once this information is combined with the geophysical survey information, drill targets will be selected for drill testing later this year.
The Hartz Range project is expected to advance quickly to the drill test stage
and details of the drilling campaign will be announced on commencement of the
program.

Under the guidelines of the 43-101 National Instrument the required qualified
person for the Westmoreland Project i

nelehdine
18-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Up to 26c on close and 15c for the ops. I jumped in today at 24 & 14 respectively. Up $700 already with lotsa fireworks still to come IMHO

Disc: 20k ords and 30k opts

johngold
18-07-2005, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by nelehdine

Up to 26c on close and 15c for the ops. I jumped in today at 24 & 14 respectively. Up $700 already with lotsa fireworks still to come IMHO

Disc: 20k ords and 30k opts

Having bought in at 0.167 about three weeks ago I'm feeling it might be time to take profit.
I have nothing on which to base that feeling however. I'd be interested to know what you think.
Obviously you feel there's life left in ARU or you wouldn't have jumped on them.

On second thoughts I'll stay around a tad longer. ;)

nelehdine
18-07-2005, 08:11 PM
HI Johngold ... I'm basically in for the long term, the thing I like about ARU is the "rare earth" minerals they have, basically you need this rather obscure stuff to make these hybrid cars that Toyota are market leader in ... probably the biggest growth market in automobiles since the wheel was created !!. The Uranium interests of ARU are a free option and the gold mines they own will be icing on the top of a VERY VERY large cake a few years dn the track.

johngold
18-07-2005, 08:27 PM

HI Johngold ... I'm basically in for the long term, the thing I like about ARU is the "rare earth" minerals they have, basically you need this rather obscure stuff to make these hybrid cars that Toyota are market leader in ... probably the biggest growth market in automobiles since the wheel was created !!. The Uranium interests of ARU are a free option and the gold mines they own will be icing on the top of a VERY VERY large cake a few years dn the track.

Hi Nelehdine,
Thank you for that information. You have certainly made me rethink my short-term objectives re ARU.

Geoff7
18-07-2005, 09:23 PM
John,
Make sure you read all the info from Arafura website before you sell....

Take note of JORC compliance etc...
Uranium at Nolans is a nuisance product that has to be got out of the REO and Phosphate...hence it is not a uranium mine...talk is that will allow it to get past the 'no new uranium mines' issue...
Read presentations to see value of Nolans...$2.36 billion
Do your reading...

See if you can find another spec stock that has Uranium and JORC...I cant...

johngold
18-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Will do Geoff. I'm on to it now. And thanks.

Geoff7
18-07-2005, 10:40 PM
John, I was in a rush so I will finish of,...I am not saying that this will double overnight...it well could though...Arafura has a fantastic stable of ground and a very strong project in Nolans Bore.

The U hype may well lift it quickly, but the fundamentals of Nolans, without U, are very strong and if delivered would be worth many multiples of current share price...

Kurinelli has the potential also, 5000 oz has been dug out with pick and shovel (by amatuers), the potential is yet to be realised but expect drilling Sept Oct...

Lagoon Creek is known to be u postive but quantity unknown, at least with Laramide deal it is a free ride...and not the sole basis for an investment..

I value my holdings a lot higher than current levels, but time will tell..

nelehdine
18-07-2005, 10:52 PM
It could be an exciting ride ... only a small percentage of any portfolio should really be in stocks like this but they can be a lot of fun !!

Disc: Hold ARU and ARUO ( 3.25% of portfolio )

Papillon
19-07-2005, 01:30 AM
ARU forms 3.7% of my portfolio and would easily be the most speculative holding. I feel any stock with uranium exposure will do at the moment.

johngold
20-07-2005, 10:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Papillon

ARU forms 3.7% of my portfolio and would easily be the most speculative holding. I feel any stock with uranium exposure will do at the moment.

Presently ARU is 5% of my portfolio, and after today it's going to be about 7%. I think this one's a goer.

nelehdine
03-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Starting to get interesting guys , hope your all still patiently holding
ARU : 28c
ARUO: 18c

Big rise today, tomorrow could be interesting ... or a bit of a disappointment ... who knows !!

easy money
03-08-2005, 09:34 PM
well you know i bought some myself today...is aru the next mtn.....disclosure of interest...aru..tox..toxo..lvl..rpt..asu

Geoff7
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I am still in and lovin it...

Moonshine
04-08-2005, 05:57 PM
Congrats to all holders... this share is going nuts.

Not in myself, and my instinct tells me to buy today before close, because i anticipate another rise tomorrow in anticipation of pending results from Nolans Bore and other drilling in NT.

Not to mention the Fed Govt announcement today!

Cheers,

Moonshine

nelehdine
04-08-2005, 06:28 PM
What a day , sold my 20000 ords at 32 !!! boo, hiss , too early but never mind , they were 23.5 on Monday !!! Sold them as I was the lucky buyer of 50,000 ops at 12.5 on Tuesday afternoon, now 22c ... a delta hedge type trade.

This thing could go nuts.

Disc: Hold total of 80k options

Geoff7
04-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Now that is what I call a finish!!!

Not selling any...long way to go...

Packersoldkidney
05-08-2005, 12:01 AM

What a day , sold my 20000 ords at 32 !!! boo, hiss , too early but never mind , they were 23.5 on Monday !!! Sold them as I was the lucky buyer of 50,000 ops at 12.5 on Tuesday afternoon, now 22c ... a delta hedge type trade.

This thing could go nuts.

Disc: Hold total of 80k options

Agree with the 'nuts' bit: the market a bit crazy on uranium at the moment.

Congrats on your windfall.

nelehdine
05-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks PSK ... the Fed vs NTG makes for another interesting day today ... who cares Wall Street dn 80pts !!!

Geoff7
05-08-2005, 02:52 PM
This is not nuts, just a leisurely stroll.

Worth reading quarterly review and Nolans extension documents.

Moonshine
05-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi Geoff/Nele,

Do you know when more announcements are expected regarding drilling reports/resource estimates... whatever?

Cheers,

Moonshine

robbo
05-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Arafua (ARU)

Also 'vis a vis' what Moonshine was/is referring to in Moonshine's last post, :

Have: .... ARU got any current JORC accreditation for their Uranium or Rare Earth reserves ??

Regards,

Robbo [?]

Geoff7
05-08-2005, 03:30 PM
-Drilling at Nolans finishes this week.
Reading the drilling results so far it may expand Nolans x 3+
Grades appear consistent.
-Metalurgical October probably.
-Yulyirimbi starts drilling very soon, maybe next week (?) target U308
-Interim results from Laramide (Lagoon Crk) due end of month.
-Announcement of 4 new leases expected any day.
-Jervois to come
-Kurinelli to come
-Frances Crk to come
etc...
*All baring Lagoon Creek are on Pastoral leases..Lagoon Crk is harder to work out, but dont know if it matters any more..
*Laramide are fully commited to Lagoon Crk.

YES
ARU has JORC compliance at Nolans, but Nolans is huge...see if pic helps..this is how I value it...but PLEASE..do your homework, my cost is a lot cheaper than current....

sorry...
Good luck

robbo
05-08-2005, 03:50 PM
ARU

Many thanks for that Geoff, do much appreciate it.

What date on the ARU News announceemnts - ?? , or is it in the ARU
Prospectus -- 'vis a vis" the ARU Nolans deposit, is the JORC endorsement/ratifiction contained therein ?? [?][?]

YOu are most probably right, just that I went looking for this, and could not spot it ??

Do, by the way, like soundd.... of ARU overall...

Kind Regards,

Robbo

Geoff7
05-08-2005, 04:03 PM
David,
I have watched your calls so please give some feedback, it wont be taken badly...
These are some of the links to look at...not in any order..
http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/pdfs/Press%20Release%20Nolans%20Bore%2027%20Jan%202005. pdf
http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/documents/ArafuraPresentation-AMEC9April.pdf
http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/documents/ASXAnnouncement-Yalyirimbi8June051.pdf
http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/documents/PressReleaseNolansBore20April05.pdf

Geoff7
05-08-2005, 06:52 PM
I should have mentioned;
Tuesday is Arafura presentation at Diggers & Dealers.

*** NO OTHER NT U COMPANY***

No release of presentation yet, but usually do..as others have done over the last few days...

Look for;
-Nolans Expansion
-Jervois
-Kurinelli
-oh and the funny yellow stuff...
---Mt Lucy
---Yulyirimbi
---Lagoon Creek
---4 new prospects

http://www.diggersndealers.com.au/programme/day2.htm

Dazza
05-08-2005, 07:48 PM
when does the options lapse
and whats the strike price for them?!

Geoff7
05-08-2005, 07:54 PM
20c 30 June 2008. ARUO

Dazza
09-08-2005, 02:11 PM
the options sank a bit today?

nolans out, was it bad news?

sorry i dun interpret it properly?

davidrob care to explain to us what it means?

Zacca
10-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Got this from the Sydney Morning Herald this morning. Positive for uranium stocks, especially Northern Terriotry ones?

Uranium deal leaves exporters aglow
By Cynthia Banham and Stephanie Peatling
August 10, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Australia will start exporting uranium to China after the Federal Government announced yesterday it would begin negotiating a nuclear co-operation agreement with Beijing.

The announcement, by the Foreign Minister, Alexander Downer, came after months of sensitive negotiations and lobbying from China, which wants to expand its civilian nuclear program as a way to deal with its increasing energy needs and pollution problems.

Mr Downer said the nuclear agreement would contain safeguards to ensure the uranium was used "exclusively for peaceful purposes".

Australia has 39 per cent of the world's uranium resources, and has 19 nuclear agreements with countries including the US, Britain, France, Japan, Russia, the Philippines and Egypt.

The Minerals Council of Australia welcomed the Government's announcement, saying it was "clear that nuclear power will play an increasingly important role in China's energy mix over the next two decades" and that "Australia certainly has the capacity to supply a growing Chinese market for uranium".

Advertisement
AdvertisementThe decision was also welcomed by Labor.

The Opposition's spokesman on foreign affairs, Kevin Rudd, said Labor had never supported the export of uranium to countries that did not adhere to strict, internationally recognised nuclear safeguards. He said "if the Federal Government is serious in its desire to export uranium to China, then a nuclear co-operation agreement is a critical first step".

An expert in North-East Asia with the Australian National University, Stuart Harris, said the decision to export uranium to China was a "natural progression" given that Australia had been selling uranium overseas for some time, and that it "further enforces our relationship with China".

"It doesn't surprise me they have done it, and it reflects our close relationship with China in the economic field," Professor Harris said.

The Democrats said uranium exports to new markets risked Australia compromising its opposition to the proliferation of nuclear weapons.

The Greens said the announcement ignored the dangers of nuclear energy.

The new Greens Tasmanian senator Christine Milne said: "The nuclear energy industry has failed to resolve the problem of waste storage and no safeguards agreement can ensure that Australian uranium does not find its way into the nuclear weapons cycle."

The move comes as a parliamentary inquiry into non-fossil fuel energy, including uranium, begins public hearings tomorrow.

Mr Downer's submission noted nuclear energy would be important in meeting "future energy needs over the next few decades" and would help Australia reduce its high level of greenhouse gas emissions.

POLITICAL FALLOUT

- Australia will first negotiate nuclear co-operation agreement with China to ensure uranium is used for peaceful purposes only.

- Federal Government last week seized control of uranium mining in Northern Territory.

yogi-in-oz
28-08-2005, 02:25 PM
:)

Hi folks,

ARU ..... trading in No-man's Land right now, so
still has room to move to the downside .....

..... but, there's a ARU cycle due on 29082005,
which is significant and positive and may well
have been pre-empted by the news on Friday.

Technically, ARU may work its way into a
pennant formation, before regaining some
positive momentum.

Looking ahead, here's some anticipated key date
for ARU:

29082005 ..... significant and positive ..... finance-related ???

06092005 ..... 2 minor cycles here ..... negative (?)

12092005 ..... minor news

23092005 ..... minor

28092005 ..... significant news here (?)

07102005 ..... spotlight on ARU ..... change of direction/managment(???)

17102005 ..... minor

20102005 ..... minor and positive

Technically, would like to see ARU fall some more
and establish a confirmed low, with downside
targets at 23.5 and 20 cents.

If the current support holds, then upside targets
will be 32 and 38.5 ..... :)

happy trading

yogi

stolwyk
01-09-2005, 01:17 PM
NOLAN’S BORE (100% ARU)

Drill results reveal high grade
Rare earth and uranium mineralization

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=297985

Extract:
"The Company has now completed the 2005 RC and core drilling programs at Nolan’s Bore".

All results from RC drilling should be received by the end of September and results from core drilling by midOctober.

Arafura will continue to report drill results as the information becomes available.

Geoff7
01-09-2005, 07:12 PM
It will be a good release once we get 'final' results on Nolans, resource is getting bigger and bigger (JORC compliant of course).
Those 'new discovery zones' are going to make this into a significant player I think Gerry.

stolwyk
02-09-2005, 03:49 PM
RARE EARTH ELEMENTS (REE) AND USE.

A. ELEMENTS:
1. USGS: (thanks dkreiser)
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2002/fs087-02/

Rating: Excellent

2. REE molecules-Element Groups.
http://www.chemicalelements.com/groups/rareearth.html

3. SPI 15 Rare Earths-Properties of Elements:
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/standards/spiweb/spiree.shtml

B. USE OF REE
1. In Hybrid Cars
"Arafura is well positioned to take advantage of this growth as 90% of our rare earth products are cerium, lanthanum and neodymium. These are the key to new car technology. Without these the hybrid car and the potential for the conversion to a full electric car is impossible".

Other useful information on that page:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:A3BEl8K8UXgJ:www.arafuraresources.c om.au/documents/OURPRODUCTSRareEarths.pdf+Rare+Earth+Hybrid+Cars&hl=en

1a. Brands sold:
http://www.allthebrands.com/search.aspx?q=hybrid%20cars

1b. Study finds hybrid cars greener than hydrogen cars
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/20081/story.htm

2. Electric Motors & Drives:
Implications of rare-earth magnet cost reduction
http://www.oakdenehollins.co.uk/magnets/

3. Reducing cost of Catalytic Converters:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_10_40/ai_n6228414

4. Millions of tons of rare earths have been used annually in the United States to produce catalysts for the cracking of crude petroleum.
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-81168

5. REE Products:
http://www.metall.com.cn/

6. VII.6 Carbon Ionic Conductors for Use in Novel Carbon-Ion Fuel Cells (pdf):
http://www.seca.doe.gov/projects/sbir/SBIR%20-%20Duke.pdf

7. Metal Alloys:
http://pidc.com/prod_app.html

8. Medical applications:
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/Chemistry/faculty/bio.php?ID=39

9. Glaze colours:
http://www.lagunaclay.com/news/rare.htm

10. Hydroponics
http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/rareearth.html

11. Lasers:
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/research/photonics/research/topics/fibres/amps/dopedfib.htm

12. Rare Earths as growth promoters in pig production
http://www.research-projects.unizh.ch/vet/unit51100/area217/p4118.htm

13. Phosphors:
http://ereswww.epfl.ch/icfe/load/abspl4.pdf

14. Strategic use of REE: Missiles, Smartbombs:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34037

15. Special types of high grade glass:
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/materials-04l.html

16. Used as Fertilizer:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/jws/jsfa/2003/00000083/00000011/art00006

17. High-Resolution UV and Optical Spectroscopy Facility
http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/guide/research_facility_physics.htm#Spectroscopy

18. Bar-Code For Explosives
http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/informationstechnologie/bericht-42574.html

19: ANSTO: http://www.ansto.gov.au/
ANSTO will produce a metallurgical flowchart for separating Elements for ARAFURA (ARU)--NOLAN'S BORE.

New process for high purity rare earths
http://www.minerals.csiro.au/main/pg2.asp?id=36675

SYNROC: Neutralising Radioactive wastes:
http://www.uic.com.au/nip21.htm

Summary: REE is used in many items, those listed here are just a selection.

Gerry

Dazza
07-09-2005, 01:37 PM
im in today ARUO @ 18cents :P

time to ride this baby...

stolwyk
14-09-2005, 07:14 PM
India unveils safest thorium reactor (Thanks Katy28)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1471875,00040006.htm

TEXT:
New Delhi, August 25, 2005

India on Thursday unveiled before the international community its revolutionary design of "A Thorium Breeder Reactor (ATBR)" that can produce 600 MW of electricity for two years "with no refuelling and practically no control manoeuvres."

Designed by scientists of Mumbai-based Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), ATBR is claimed to be far more economical and safer than any power reactor in the world.

Most significantly for India, ATBR does not require natural or enriched uranium which the country is finding difficult to import. It uses thorium -- which India has in plenty -- and only requires plutonium as "seed" to ignite the reactor core initially.

Eventually, ATBR can be running entirely with thorium and fissile uranium-233 bred inside the reactor (or obtained externally by converting fertile thorium into fissile Uranium-233 by neutron bombardment).

BARC scientists V Jagannathan and Usha Pal revealed the ATBR design in their paper presented on Thursday at the week-long "international conference on emerging nuclear energy systems" in Brussels. The design has been in the making for over seven years.

According to the scientists, the ATBR while annually consuming 880 kg of plutonium for energy production from "seed" rods, converts 1100 kg of thorium into fissionable uranium-233. "This differential gain in fissile formation makes ATBR a kind of thorium breeder."

The uniqueness of the ATBR design is that there is almost a perfect "balance" between fissile depletion and production that allows in-bred U-233 to take part in energy generation thereby extending the core life to two years.

This does not happen in the present-day power reactors because the fissile depletion takes place much faster than production of new fissile ones.

BARC scientists say that "ATBR with plutonium feed can be regarded as plutonium incinerator and it produces the intrinsically proliferation resistant U-233 for sustenance of future reactor programme."

They say that long fuel cycle length of two years with no external absorber management or control manoeuvres "does not exist in any operating reactor."

The ATBR annually requires 2.2 tonnes of plutonium as "seed." Although India has facilities to recover plutonium by reprocessing spent fuel, it requires plutonium for its Fast Breeder Reactor programme as well. Nuclear analysts say that it may be possible for India to obtain plutonium from friendly countries wanting to dismantle their weapons or dispose of their stockpiled plutonium.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER AND WASTE
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf62.htm

Geoff7
15-09-2005, 11:52 PM
It will be interesting to see the growth of Thorium as time progresses, potential seems to be there. I would be keen to know if Thorium is able to be exported one would think a lot less hassle than uranium.

Time is moving slower for Arafura than is really justified in my view. It has incredible resources is JORC compiant and is in Northern Territory, this simplifies Nolans uranium.
I have noted that sellers are extremely thin, so any announcement should set the stock off.

Announcements due;
--Nolans Drilling results
--Nolans expansion
--Nolans Met work (allow 8-9 weeks)
--Laramide capital raising completion (probably complete but TSX is not as informative as ASX).
--Laramide interim results and strategy for Lagoon Creek
--Kurinelli results and drilling timetable
--Jervois statement, vanadium, titanium and iron

Sitting patiently, good luck to all holding.

Papillon
16-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Geoff7

When Arafura released their bore-log results for Nolans Bore many chose to buy in. I sold.
I am no mining expert but the bore-logs revealed the highest U3O8 concetrations of 0.66lb/tonne at a depth of 112m. That's a long way to dig for such a low concentration. 0.66lb/tonne = 0.0003 t/t or 0.03% U3O8 concentration. Compare with Jabaluka 1.1% and Koongarra 0.8%. My guess is that it will be a long time until Arafura U3O8 deposits are viable.

stolwyk
16-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Papillon,

Uranium is a sideline. REE is the main dish. As one mines the REE, one can't help mining the U as well. This will cut the overall cost of mining REE. There is a heavy presence of Thorium as well.

The InSitu value of U was only $412.5 mill against an overall InSitu value of the metals, not including Thorium, of $5.2 Bill. This was prior to the latest expansion by drilling.

I have prepared some data on H/Copper some time ago, however, we don't quite yet know the full area. Also, the Metallurgical results are not yet in.

Once we get resource estimates, we'll know more.

Gerry

Geoff7
16-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Papillon,
I hope you made a few bucks, but like Gerry I view the uranium at Nolans as a pea in a pod.
No doubt uranium will impact on the pricing of ARU (probably more than it should), but once Arafura hits a reasonable market cap and people understand Nolans then the value of REE will have to be paid by those wishing to get in.

Nolans is a unique resource in Aust, to my knowledge.
Gerry's calculations are responsible figures to be quoting, it is to be noted that Arafura also quote recoverable figures, not 'inground vale'.

If met work comes through, I see this as a genuine once in a life investment. It should (for me has) provide significant short term returns (ie weeks ahead) and as a long term investment I am unable to find better.

I have to say some SA and NT uranium plays are performing better than Arafura, however they have a long way to go to get a resource of significance, many of them will not make it; some of them will. But I want a real asset (to minimise risk) to invest in and Nolans provides me with this.
Arafura gives me a great no cost uranium play at Lagoon Creek, this will require the grades you mention (by the way have a look at Laramide sp last night, they are JV partner at Lagoon Crk--LAM.TSX)

Geoff7
29-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Nolans is about to become one of the most talked about resources around.
From here to New Year many things are about to fall into place, todays release is an indication of what will be the final outcome. More importantly it should stabilize the price which has suffered on no news of recent.

yogi-in-oz
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM

Hi folks,

ARU ..... news continues to come in on time,
as per previous posts.

Looking ahead to more ARU key dates:

28092005 ..... significant news here (?)

07102005 ..... spotlight on ARU ..... significant cycle here,
change of direction/management(???)

17102005 ..... minor

20102005 ..... minor and positive

04-07112005 ..... minor

11-14112005 ..... significant negative

21122005 ..... significant and negative ..... finances (?)

06122005 ..... minor and positive

23122005 ..... minor and positive

30122005-05012006 ..... 2 cycles and while it should produce a rally,
it may not be as strong as expected, due to a
negative cycle on 04012006.

09-12012006 ..... significant and negative news on 12012006 ???

31012006 ..... significant and positive news

02022006 ..... significant and positive

happy trading

yogi

stolwyk
02-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Annual Report:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=300534

stolwyk
25-10-2005, 09:51 PM
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=303053

Outflow: $1.303 mill

Cash: $ 2.712 mill (30 Sept)

Extract:
Highlights
Continued success from Nolans Bore drill program with downhole intercepts totaling up to 60 metres in individual holes containing 3-4% REO, 20% P2O5 and 0.50.7 lb/T U3O8.
· Commencement of metallurgical testwork
for Nolans Bore at ANSTO.
· Lagoon Creek Joint Venture with Laramide completes aerial survey
· Sale of Coronet Hill to Segue Resources completed ($50,000 cash and 500,000 shares at an offer price of $0.50).
· Territory Iron pays $375,000 as a second prepayment option on Frances Creek Iron Project.
· Cash at Bank at 30 September 2005, $2.7 million.
· Expansion of uranium tenement holdings with the addition of Burt Plain and Sandover prospects.
· Completion of $1.8m placement"

Comment: That $1.8 mill was raised in Sept.

Geoff7
27-10-2005, 01:15 AM
The talk is starting to build again (article goes much longer into Arafura);
Go you good thing.
http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin/site/articleIDs/3B964C162ED14FE6CA2570A400126D81?open&ui=dom&template=domBulletin
Many of the new prospectors, however, are light on funds with barely grassroots prospects. The safest bet is a company with the promise of producing uranium as a profitable by-product, but with no dependence on doing so.

Such a company is Arafura Resources (ASX code: ARU), which listed in November 2003 having bought various exploration projects that had been underway since the late 1990s. The vendors were prospector Norm McCleary and Kalgoorlie businessman and former WA Chamber of Mines executive Mick Muir and their associates. Unlike some new hopefuls, all their exploration licences in the Northern Territory have been granted, together with prospecting approvals from traditional owners.

With issued capital of 58 million shares, the company has traded between 39.5¢ and 12¢ in the past year. At 25¢ last week, it carries a market capitalisation of $14.5m. It has remaining cash of $2.9m, after a placement through Bell *Potter last month at 24¢ a share raised $1.8m.

Arafura’s main project is the Nolan’s Bore rare-earths deposit in the eastern Reynolds Range, 135km north-west of Alice Springs. The deposit is 60km west of the Alice Springs-Darwin railway, 40km from the all-weather Stuart Highway and 5km from a natural gas pipeline. Drilling during the past three years has identified an indicated and inferred resource of 5.81 million tonnes of 3.9% rare earth elements (REEs), 16.5% phosphate, 0.031% uranium oxide and 0.454% thorium oxide.

stolwyk
03-11-2005, 02:03 PM
OUTSTANDING RESULTS CONTINUE FROM NOLANS BORE

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=304650

Extract:
Final assay results for the 2005 drilling program reveal a continuation of high grade rare earths and uranium mineralisation

· High rare earth, uranium and phosphate grades intersected in the latest holes include:
· 18 metres at 4.97% REO, 11.9% P2O5 and 0.64 lb/T U3O8 from 37 metres in NBRC092
· And 14 metres at 7.82% REO, 8.9% P2O5 and 1.04 lb/T U3O8 from 58 metres NBRC092
· 31 metres at 5.11% REO, 19.7% P2O5 and 0.63 lb/T U3O8 from 135 metres in NBRC095
· 15 metres at 4.29% REO, 20.6% P2O5 and 0.79 lb/T U3O8 from 109 metres in NBRD062

COMMENT: The resource is expanding:
18 Febr, 2005:
Extract:
"Fluorapatite mineralisation (the host for REO, P2O5 and U3O8) in the West Zone, where most of the 2005 drilling is being directed, is now known to extend over a strike length of 1000 metres and width of 600 metres (previously 750 metres x 250 metres). Significant intercepts of mineralisation have also been achieved under calcrete and alluvial cover in the 400 metre wide gap between the West and East Zones.

TODAY:
"Fluorapatite mineralisation (the host for REO, P2O5 and U3O8) is now known to extend over a strike length of at least 1,200 metres and a width of at least 1,000
metres".

"Previous drilling has delineated the continuity of mineralisation from the surface to vertical depths in excess of 160 metres and we are continuing to pursue the lateral limits of the mineralisation which have yet to be defined"

“These results coupled with the continuing strength in both the rare earths and uranium markets ensure Arafura is well placed to capitalise on the opportunities this presents,” Mr Stephens added".

Gerry
Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

stolwyk
06-11-2005, 05:12 PM
"ARAFURA Resources says its completed its 2005 drilling campaign at its Nolans Bore rare earths/uranium project in the Northern Territory with a set of "outstanding results", with an upgraded resource statement expected within weeks.

Arafura's managing director Alistair Stephens told MiningNews. net that the resource drilling results provided further encouragement to the company in the pursuit of its target of 15Mt of REO for the project.

"The extent of mineralisation in the areas that we know has surpassed our expectations and then we've found new zones as well so we're very confident there will be a resource upgrade," Stephens said.

"We certainly believe that we're beyond the threshold needed to have a resource for a mine."

Desktop calculations performed by the company have estimated the capital cost of a project development at $A100 million.

The proposed project will produce 15,000 tonnes per annum of rare earth oxide (REO) metal, 150tpa uranium for annual revenue of $A88 million. The operating cost has been put at $A50 million per annum.

Highlights of the final assay results for 2005 included 31m at 5.11% REO, 20.6% phosphate and 0.63lb/t uranium along with 18m at 4.97% REO, 11.9% phosphate and 0.64lb/t uranium".

"We've currently got metallurgical test work being undertaken at ANSTO, they've just started the assessment of that and we hope to have the results by the end of the year," Stephens said.

"That will lead into a scoping study which will then feed into the feasibility study and pilot plant."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment: Based on that data, mining will last for 40 years.

Subject to audit,

Gerry
Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

laurie
06-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Still the market has RARE EARTH ELEMENTS (REE) off the radar! like it's not Yellow Cake which is the buzz topic at the moment! I hold ARU just for the REE

cheers laurie

Geoff7
07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Watch this comment, before end of year imo.
"We've currently got metallurgical test work being undertaken at ANSTO, they've just started the assessment of that and we hope to have the results by the end of the year," Stephens said.

Geoff7
20-11-2005, 06:28 PM
AGM this week, good news running up to it.

Hopefully good news at AGM, then road show commences.

stolwyk
21-11-2005, 10:36 PM
300% increase in Nolans Bore

ASX ANNOUNCEMENT 21 November 2005
ARAFURA INCREASES NOLANS BORE
RESOURCE BY 300%

Arafura has announced a threefold increase in resources at its flagship Nolans Bore rare
earth (REO), phosphate and uranium deposit.
All the new resources are in the indicated and inferred categories (see table page 2).

These resources total 18.6 million tonnes at 3.1% REO, 14% P2O5 and 0.47 lb/tonne U3O8 compared with 5.8 million tonnes previously reported in December 2004.

This resource upgrade is a result of an 8,572 metre percussion and diamond drill core program completed in July 2005.

The geological interpretation has highlighted the potential to substantially increase the resources further as the mineralized zones are still open along strike and at depth.

Chairman Peter Walker said, “Nolans Bore is clearly a major deposit by world standards containing over 575,000 tonnes of REO, 2.6 million tonnes of phosphate and 8.7 million pounds of U3O8”.

The drill programs have shown that mineralization is continuous from surface to at least 235m deep with substantial high grade zones (see table) providing the opportunity for mining higher than average grades in the critical early years of production.

Mr Walker added, “The definition of this large resource removes most of the resource risk from the project as there is now sufficient resource for at least 30 years of production at proposed rates. The Company can now focus on optimising metallurgical processes and
offtake agreements”.

Managing Director Alistair Stephens said “We can now progress into a feasibility study without the constraint of limited resources. This study should provide the basis for timely project development to take advantage of the strong market for all REO and uranium and
particularly for high value neodymium and europium which are relatively enriched in our deposit”.

Alistair Stephens said, “I look forward to presenting this and our other exploration results at our AGM on the 23 rd November and other investor briefings around the country commencing on the 28 th November 2005”.
Nolans Bore Statement of identified mineral resource

CATEGORY TONNES (million)
REO % P2O5 % U3O8 lb/T
Indicated high grade 3.9 4.4 18.3 0.70
Indicated medium grade 6.6 2.4 11.1 0.37
TOTAL INDICATED 10.5 3.1 13.8 0.50
Inferred high grade 2.4 4.4 20.1 0.61
Inferred medium grade 5.7 2.4 11.8 0.36
TOTAL INFERRED 8.1 3.0 14.3 0.43
TOTAL RESOURCES 18.6 3.1 14.0 0.47
All further enquiries should be directed to:
Alistair Stephens Peter Walker
Managing Director Chairman
Arafura Resources NL 0411 714 142
Telephone: (08) 9367 1433
Mobile: 0421 612 573

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=306164

COMMENT: Quote: "The geological interpretation has highlighted the potential to substantially increase the resources further as the mineralized zones are still open along strike and at depth".

Geoff7
22-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Must say I am pretty happy with that Gerry.
Also interested in last paragraph...

Dazza
22-11-2005, 02:52 AM
definately happy with the announcement, as with the last paragraph as well :D

however the markets seems to have priced in all this already/
as there was hardly a trade or hardly a move?

or maybe did this announcement come out afta market?
if so we will be in for a bumper opening tomorrow :D

ARU - in it for the REE :D

stolwyk
22-11-2005, 04:18 PM
finalises nickel sulphide JV in Northern Territory

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MTH&E=ASX&N=149176

Geoff7
22-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Well how do they top a day like that tomorrow or Wednesday.
Dont know if you have noticed but AGM is 4pm Wed WA time, 7pm EST and after kiwi's go to bed.

They like to tease us a bit.

Dazza
23-11-2005, 03:22 AM
a minor rise IMO when compared to CAZ and ADN, obviously there aint enough money around in the market to go into every share.

though i have been hearing of ppl selling out of TOX to fuel ARU shares.

bit dissapointed by its movement, but i guess cause im used to 50% gains in 1 day hehehehe..

still none the less, this is a solid share for me, have been with them since august i tink, not a bad company, its not the flavour of the month, but it will be there one day.

IMO the stock is still SEVERLY CHEAP, when compared with its history, not much bad news or none at all. instead all good news with resource upgrades etc .

board the train now be4 u miss it though.

LT share however ... so be patient, 07/08 share for me!

Regards,
Derek

stolwyk
23-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Chairman's address:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=306507

MD's Presentation:
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=306506

laurie
06-01-2006, 11:09 PM
On trading halt @6:33pm

cheers laurie

Geoff7
07-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Shhhhh...

laurie
07-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Geoff
pssstt between you and me what do you think it is!
cheers laurie

Geoff7
07-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Laurie... just between us...
I do not KNOW what will be in the release (it probably has not been written)... but I feel that we should look for key words/ statements like;
-metwork is progressing better than previous/ expected...?
-metwork will be more comprehensive and take until mid Feb...?
-bfs...?
-offtake (dont expect agreements but working towards)...?

I doubt if it will cover all... but I am an optimist...

Or it could be in relation to Kurinelli or Mt Porter/ Frances Creek....
Or it could be something else...

I feel pretty positive as generally Arafura only go into a halt for very good news (there has been no bad news) and rarely on a Friday...
Put $20 each way...?

I am a bit distressed as I had intended to pick up another handfull.

Geoff7
07-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Wow, I had not noticed that ARU featured so high on 2006 contest...
We are being watched, so much for our little secret.. :-)

Gofish.
07-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Yep, one of my picks for the year.
Not sure if 2006 will do it, might be 2007, but the upside potential is "interesting" and plenty of news to come.
Don't think the RE story is much understood, the wider market is just waking up to the gold story, and ARU has Kurunelli to hopefully cover that.

laurie
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
this news will help it along

January 9, 2006*
US$36.50/lb
(+0.25)U308

cheers laurie

Gofish.
16-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Moving on up today. News may be close?

nelehdine
17-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Some momentum starting to build here, another couple of good solid days and 40c will be on the horizon. Options look great value compared to the ords at present.

Disc: hold 255,000 ARUO's ( AVE 16.94c )

Dazza
17-01-2006, 09:00 AM
its about time they started moving though!
so many upgrades and finally its moving, i mite add to my options around the 20cent mark if there is any left.

hold 6000 ARUO @ 18c

Geoff7
17-01-2006, 09:01 PM
nelehdine, you have been working quietly...

Allow 2 weeks and I feel something will happen.3
Oppies are an absolute bargain.
Good luck all.

nelehdine
17-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Sold 20,000 ops today at 23 , will offload a few more at 25 ... look to get down to say 150,000 with average of 10c ... then just sit back and enjoy the ride !!

Disc: hold 235,000 ARUO's

Geoff7
17-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Each to their own, I have the cost you are aiming for and hold a couple.

Dazza
25-01-2006, 11:26 PM
i also do hold a couple, kicking myself for not uploading more oppies sub 20 cents.

closed today at 40.5 breaking 40cent resistance.

check out the announcements and on HC... posters by pirra macrae12 and a few others

pirra has heaps of this under his name.

ARU
has REE, uranium, and also IRON!!

ARU has already rec'd $750,000 up front payment from TFE with many more payment to follow - great cash flow.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=311915

great to be holding, watch the charts for this one in the next couple of days ppl!

its gonna be AMAZING
tightly held.

stolwyk
31-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Second Quarter Activities & Cashflow Report

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=312598

stolwyk
21-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Progress Report on Nolans Metallurgical Testwork
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=314582

Nolans Bore Project-Success in meeting test work objectives
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=314584

Geoff7
21-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi folks.
Would be good if NT would dry out a bit so we can get on with some drilling...
Hoping SPP goes smoothly and we can get moving again.
Should start to get some more info out of them now management back in Oz.
Kurinelli starting to look the goods.

roget
22-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Geoff, drilling expected April (06) and results all being well May. This company has a wide range of minerals and numerous tennaments. It is very impressive indeed.

roget
28-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Very impressive move in Share Price today. Investors in the upcoming SPP @ .32 must be very happy. Hopefully results after April will keep this flying.

Geoff7
02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
roget,
Confirmed the drilling, so all looking good for a year full of results.
Next week may well be madness...

yogi-in-oz
16-04-2006, 06:03 PM

Hi folks,

ARU ..... looking for some news this week
around 19042006, possibly related to finances
and technology changes ... ???

Looking further out:

26042006 ..... significant negative news???

04052006 ..... minor

08052006 ..... significant and negative

12-15052006 ..... 2 cycles here
... significant & negative news??

26052006 ..... significant and positive news???

02-05062006 ..... positive spotlight on ARU

09-12062006 ..... negative (finance???) news

26062006 ..... minor and positive ???

happy easter to all

yogi

Geoff7
18-05-2006, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by yogi-in-oz

26052006 ..... significant and positive news???

02-05062006 ..... positive spotlight on ARU

Yogi, I feel in my bones that you may have these dates pretty right...
Last buying opportunity for several months has now passed for all intents and purposes (imho).
Cheers

tricha
17-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Hmm, Everything seems dead on this topic.Why I ask, some sucker for punishment, sold me some options, at 12.5 cents a few days ago.

I guess everyones waiting on some news.

Sounds like - It needs a Chinese injection.

I do not know whether to hold or sell, I guess this stock is just a gambling stock, anything could happen, up\down, left\right, red\black.

Cheers not so [B)][}:)]

Geoff7
17-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I am still hanging in Tricha.
Will sort itself out eventually.

tricha
17-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Please explain Geoff7, how will ARU sort itself out.[?][?][?]

nelehdine
17-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I bailed a few months ago on my 300,000 options. Sold the final one's after the SPP debacle. Management showed their weakness with that issue, then tried to rescue credibility by dangling a Uranuim IPO carrot. These guys are not very smart, thankfully I took the hint and bailed at an average of 28.5c on my oppies. Saw they hit 11c this week , saved myself a heart attack if nothing else. CMR is in a different class, most of my ARU money went into that, have doubled my money since while ARUO has halved .... nuff said !!!

Geoff7
17-06-2006, 02:33 PM
tricha,
It is not a matter of ARU sorting itself out, my point is probably more directed at profit decreases which some of us longer term holders have endured.
Essentially it is an exploration company and its growth will come from success in the exploration game.
With Kurinelli drilling half way and coming up to Lagoon Creek and Lucy Creek drilling we should be seeing some success.

Nolans metwork should also be progressing.

tricha
17-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks Nelehdine and Geoff7

For two opposite points of view, well I'd say Nedehdine you must be smiling all the way to the bank after that trade.:)

Geoff7, as you well know this one has huge potential, but it can be a toad one day and a prince the next. Outright gambling stock, but the reward is huge.

I'll have to do more research and sleep on it.

Cheers not so [B)][}:)]

tricha
12-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Well Geoff7 your patience is paying of, good news out today.

Uranium asset de-merger.

Took profit and sold my 25,000 12.5 cent gambling shares for a modest 100% profit yesterday @ 25 cents.
But will hold the other 40,000 I bought for 16 cents.

Could be quite interesting as I do not hold any Uranium shares. But a few would be nice, as things seem to spicing up again in this area!

Cheers

Geoff7
12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi tricha,
I am still holding and picked up a few more again. This 'demerger' will be outstanding for holders, you have done well with a 100% return but I am after a (fair)bit more.
Arafura CEO is in Adelaide today pushing the story and will be in Melbourne next month*. A road show is in the winds also. Bell Potter is pushing (er.. advising) and I would envisage a fair chase for new co on listing (as only ARU/O holders will have shares). I would imagine a fair bit of pent up demand Vs some very patient (and stubborn) holders.
It will be interesting how it pans out for oppie holders as they will also get excercise price cut back, possibly a better deal than the FPO's...
http://www.finsia.edu.au/pd/pd_event_detail.asp?eventID=PD1452.001.V.SE.001&stateID=VIC/TAS&typeID=Seminar

tricha
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Good one Geoff7

Great news out and yes they are looking after their shareholders.
I know I sold some, but at this stage, I still relate to this stock as speculation. Speculation, but with huge potential!
It could go to $10 or it could go to zero.
I have been disappointed so often in the past where I have held to long in a stock, only to see it plummet.

Looks like most people on this site have given up on it, by the amount of posts.

Geoff7
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Tricha, I have gone up and down with this one for a while, but return to date has been great and future looks good.
Have to ask why anyone would sell between now and spin off towards end of year.
Good to hold a stock before everyone gets carried away with it.

tricha
28-07-2006, 08:22 PM
A great reason to hold some Geoff!

Nupower the new uranium off shoot from ARU.

My 1st Uranium stock, interesting times ahead.

Geoff7
28-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes Tricha, very interesting times... I would strongly recommend that you hold them very tightly until you know your full entitlements. Plenty will be trying to shake you out from here.

But of course I am a holder not an advisor.

tricha
29-07-2006, 12:54 AM
I sure am going to hold tight, to the ones I have left Geoff.
Still rate them as a gamble, but a good gamble.;)

Sure looks like everyone else who were on this subject, have given them the slip.

OneUp
29-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi tricha, still on this.

It's been a volatile ride at times but my game plan has always been to wait for results from Lucy Creek inparticular.

Dazza
30-07-2006, 12:46 AM
oneup right behind u

still got my 18cent options held 9 months + ago :P

macrae12
30-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Nice to see some NZ support. 2008.

aussie joe
19-10-2006, 01:21 AM
One more for the watchlist.

happy investing / trading / gambling.

;)

tricha
19-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Yep this is a pure speculation\gambling stock in my opinion.

Could go 1000% or could go to 0%, but if it goes, it will be like CDU, zoom!
But this time I will not be on the sideline looking in awe.

I still hold as a long term gamble.

Cheers [B)][}:)]

Geoff7
19-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Good to see it is not forgotten. Hopefully news of some sort soon. Laramide should be drilling very soon and Lucy Creek will start very soon (still under ARU banner).

denpal
19-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Yep I'm a holder, my second biggest holding after CMR, and followed by OMC, EVE & EXT plus looking now at AGS. I was mainly in gold & silver until I looked closely into Uranium's fundamentals both in the sense of supply/demand and the global need to control greenhouse emissions.

Very happy to see Howard is informed and agrees on the common sense nuclear future for all, aligned perfectly with international Greens and anyone with any sense w.r.t. preventing greenhouse gases stuffing up the planet sooner than we would ever think.

ARU has had some great recent extension drilling results at Nolan's Bore which to my mind make that project even more sustainable as a stanalone project once the demerger occurs.

Geoff7
02-11-2006, 12:02 AM
boo..

tricha
03-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Boo, Boo

What does that mean, you sold out Geoff and now they are due for a speeding ticket[?]

Well I topped up when I heard U went to $60, Still a speculation\gambling stock, but the odds are now going down.

Uranuim IPO NuPower early 2007 should be a ripper!

Would not at all be surprised if we see a Chinese partner enter soon.

I wonder if Dazza sold or held[?]

Bring on NuPower

Geoff7
03-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Not selling any, just thought people may have forgotten and needed a wake up.
All in good fun.

Times are looking interesting.

Sunshine007
03-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Can anybody come up with a rough inground value for ARU purely based on their rare earth? I tried but failed.

Thanks

denpal
03-11-2006, 06:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sunshine007

Can anybody come up with a rough inground value for ARU purely based on their rare earth? I tried but failed.

Thanks

Look on hc recent posts have gone into this in some detail.

Moonshine
03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Nolans Bore is worth approx $10 Billion IGV alone.

Other projects including U, Gold, Fe Royalties etc...

Strong Case.

Sunshine007
03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks moonshine and denpal.

Dazza
03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
held... and still holding lol

anyone notice WHE up 140% ... u listing...
hungary and USA tentaments..

denpal
03-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I have pasted a recent post from HC on the subject of IGV for Nolan's Bore:

Inground value as per September presentation stands at

9.6bln A$ + 5% = 10.08 bln A$ resource value

467US$/t * 0.85 recovery = 397 US$/t * 1.3 (A$/US$) = 516 A$/t resource inground value

516 A$/t * 18.6 Mt = 9.6bln A$ + 5% = 10.08 bln A$

This is an equivalent of about 13m oz in gold .

On a partly diluted share count of 90m shares and a share price of 0.38A$

- the Resource in situ value is 112A$/share

- the Resource in situ value is 291times the current cap

- each ARU share buys 0.1444 oz of gold equiv. in situ

- 7 ARU shares buy 1 oz of gold equiv. in situ

Just to give you a brief understanding of the Nolans Bore potential. Of course we will face low mining but high separation costs, mine construction costs, construction of separation facilities and of course we have to discount the project duration and several risks but even at a 1% in situ valuation, each share gets a valuation of 1.12 A$ and this is for Nolans Bore alone.

Lenni

Geoff7
03-11-2006, 11:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dazza

held... and still holding lol

But you have them for sell in signature?

tricha
04-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Excellent stuff Denpal - we need facts!

Can't quite work out why no Chinese investor has not moved in, or any for that matter.[?]

It's the Uranium moving it at the moment, lets face it, management seem to be dragging their tail.
How much is the Uranium worth [?]

But like I said previously, one major player in and the price is doubled over night.

If the major player gets serious, its tripled.

This I would rate as my highest stake gambling stock, go to zero or go to BlueSky.
With Uranium going to $60 a ilb, the odds are back in our favour.

Geoff7
04-11-2006, 01:16 AM
tricha,
I agree with the premise that there is plenty of upside in this, however to state that zero is an option is a bit unfair...

Arafura do have an extremely large resource at Nolans, but they also have a handy JORC compliant bit of gold at Mt Porter worth around $30m (IGV).
GBS wants Frances Creek gold.... what will happen here...?

These are the JORC compliant ones and they have a lot more spec plays than most...

Compare Arafura $33m market cap with:
DYL Current market cap $180m+ (Napperby is next door to Nolans)
AGS Current market cap just under $300m
EXT Current market cap $52m+
SMM Current market cap just under $500m
LYC Current market cap $135m+
CDU Current market cap $280m+

None of these include their options, cash backing etc... but most of these actually cary far higher risk than ARU. Be it political or project.

Arafura SP is embarassingly low for what it has.

laurie
04-11-2006, 01:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Geoff7

tricha,

Arafura SP is embarassingly low for what it has.

And IMHO that's due to poor management or the view they lack the know how to carry this project into the next stage just look what happen to SMO when there was a change in management

cheers laurie

tricha
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
China's rare earth prices go up as the nation takes protective steps
Source: Interfax

See also
Rare Earth Board
Rare Earth CatalogChina's rare earth prices rose dramatically in recent months as the nation has taken steps to limit the production and export of the valuable resource, according to a Chinese official.

Starting in second half of 2005, China's rare earth prices began to rise and since some rare earth product prices have doubled in 2006. The age when China's rare earth produces were sold at 'dirt cheap' prices has come to an end.

"The rare earth prices went up dramatically in recent months," said Li Zheng Hong, chairman of Baotou Rare Earth High-tech Administration Commission. "There are a couple of factors behind this price rise."

First, China began to take measures to limit the production and export of rare earth resources in an apparent effort to protect rare earth resources. Jiangxi Province, which has the world largest rare earth deposits, was particularly active in abiding this policy. The province has substantially reduced the rare earth production this year, Li said.

Secondly, China started to reduce export quotas and export tax rebates on rare earth products since last year. China obviously has realized that rare earth products sold a dirt price to foreign country was a foolish business.

In addition, the appreciation of Chinese currency, the rising costs of rare earth production also contributed to the rise of rare prices. On the other hand, China's domestic consumption of rare earth is increasing at a rate of 10% each year, especially the rapid development of rare earth permanent magnets products.

"This is really good for us," said the rare earth official, who has been working in the rare earth industry for decades. "The good rare earth prices help our rare earth businesses make more money, and which can be used in technological development and advancement."

According to Li, who was involved in China.s rare earth policy-making process, China has now changed its rare earth policy. The country longer encourages the exportation of rare earth as raw materials. Instead, China hopes to export high value-added, more advanced rare earth production. The country also hopes to cut down its rare earth export as part of its efforts to protect these resources.

As the world largest rare earth producer, China produced 90% of the whole world's total rare earth output.

Gofish.
06-11-2006, 09:41 PM
ARU up 20% today, closing on a high.
I think its U driven - nothing to do with RE's - that kick is yet to come......

Dazza
07-11-2006, 11:52 PM
geoff7

yes i do.....

im still waiting and deciding when to sell lol

im up 140% so far...

ive held this up and down this year.....

just dunno when to pull the trigger and take some off the table

mite see how the demerger goes

tricha
08-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Well Dazza

I pulled the trigger today, took huge profits, rightfully or wrongfully at 39 cents.

Sold my topup from the 3rd this month and most of the ones I got at 16 cents in May.

Half the U companies will never make a cent in U

Cheers [B)][}:)]

Geoff7
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Sorry to see you wanting out, but I can understand as it is going vertical.

I will hold until at least Jan- Feb next year and visit then, have been thru the ups and downs and just quietly I cant complain.. ;)

Gofish.
08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
I looked at PDN around $1.20, but didn't buy to my regret.
I think I'll let ARU (& NuPower) have the chance to run a similar course.

macrae12
09-11-2006, 03:19 AM
Arafura offered $3.3m Commonwealth Commercial Ready grant
13:27, Wednesday, 8 November 2006

Sydney - Wednesday - November 8: (RWE Aust Business News) -
Arafura Resources (ASX:ARU) has been offered $3.3 million Commonwealth
Government Commercial Ready Grant for the Nolans rare earths/uranium
project.
The grant covers metallurgical and pilot plant test work to the
value of $1.2 million and the potential for an extended pilot plant phase
to the value of $2.1m.

laurie
22-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Looks like investors taking stake in ARU it is now CE with a record date of 29th Nov!!

cheers laurie

tricha
02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Pinched this of HotCopper, not quite sure what it all means, thought they were going give shares in NuPower.[?][?][?][?]
Does it mean if you hold options you get option rights as well, or only whole shares entitled. [?][?]

Tajer, go to www.arafuraresources.com.au and read the announcement 14/11/2006, in essence the following

• The rights issue is non-renounceable.
• Shares in the rights issue will be offered on the basis of 2 shares for every 5 shares held by the
shareholder on 5.00pm WST on 29 November 2006.
• The record date to determine entitlements is 29 November 2006.
• The rights issue will not be made available to shareholders registered outside of Australia and New
Zealand.
• The closing date for receipt of acceptances is 5.00pm WST 14 December 2006.
• The rights issue is underwritten to $10,992,868 by Bell Potter Securities Limited.
• Holdings statements will be dispatched on 22 December 2006.
• Arafura shares will be quoted on an “ex” basis on 23 November 2006.
Arafura has previously announced plans for a proposed demerger which will deliver to Arafura’s shareholders
direct ownership in a dedicated uranium exploration company (NuPower Resources) focused on the Northern
Territory of Australia

Ok, closing date for entitlement is today, then acceptance must be made by 14/12/2006, and followed by issue of scrip. Now if you hold 5 shares @ 47.5c todays price you get 2 more @ 36c. Sure you can play the market which some obviously will, but the main issue is the DEMERGER or SPIN-OFF actually an IN-SPECIE entitlement coming soon will keep most holders happy to hold.

Some DAYTRADERS will get into the act so nobody knows where sp will go between announcements. The risk you take if the announcements come as expected, is you may have to pay more than current price of ARU or ARUO

Time will tell. Always does

Geoff7
02-12-2006, 06:14 PM
It has been stated very clearly by the company that option holders (ARUO) will get options in Nu Power.
There are fewer options now than previous and this should all become apparent next week.

laurie
02-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Went to the Sydney roadshow all I can say is god help us if Alistair Stephens leaves ARU

cheers laurie

tricha
02-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi Laurie - can you please explain what this exactly means - Looks like investors taking stake in ARU it is now CE with a record date of 29th Nov!!

And what else did you make of the presentation [?][?]

Cheers

laurie
03-12-2006, 01:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by tricha

Hi Laurie - can you please explain what this exactly means - Looks like investors taking stake in ARU it is now CE with a record date of 29th Nov!!

And what else did you make of the presentation [?][?]

Cheers

tricha
Forget the first quote I was under the wrong impression that the 29th cut off date was also for NuPower demerger

From my impression Alistair is one switched on Managing Director comes across very well out of the 4 directors that was there every one headed over to him to ask question one of the other director that I ask a simple question looked like he was pissed the other was looking at his watch as if he needed to be somewhere else and the guy to be running NuPower was still green meeting was to finish at 12 noon but was somehow cut short at 11:15am

cheers laurie

Geoff7
03-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Laurie, I reckon you have read it very well.
Alistair is a good operator and very committed to Nolan's (I asked why he did not go to Nu Power as it would be easy money, he thinks Nolan's is the one). He puts in more than is required, a very good operator. I don't see him moving soon, this is a real opportunity for him (3m options does not hurt either).
Peter Walker is also good but Parkinson's will force his retirement as time moves on, his mind is much sharper than appears.
This makes Kowalick's retention more important imo.
Pity show ended early, maybe they did need to be somewhere?... They do deal with Bell Potter in Sydney and it is likely that Nu Power will be based out of Sydney. ANSTO is also there I guess.

Sunshine007
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
The rights issue is about to pass. It looks like 42.5c is the low brought on by sellers raising funds for their entitlements. There could still be some selling for the next few days but my confidence level is rising that we have seen the low for this round.

Geoff7
11-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Sent: Monday, 11 December
Subject: Your Newstext article

The Weekend Australian
Edition 5 - TravelSAT 09 DEC 2006, Page 019
Australia's thorium world's largest accessible lode
By Robin Bromby, Mining writer

AUSTRALIA not only has enormous reserves of uranium, but possesses a very promising second string in its nuclear bow -- thorium. This was highlighted earlier in the week by the House of Representatives industry and resources committee report Australia's Uranium: Greenhouse Friendly Fuel.
Apart from recommending an end to bans on new uranium mines, the committee of six Coalition and three Labor MPs, along with independent Bob Katter, drew further attention to the country's thorium capacity.
Australia possesses the world's largest quantity of economically recoverable thorium resources, at 300,000 tonnes more than the US and Canada combined. However, the committee report said the official figures for world thorium resources are considered conservative. Geoscience Australia has separately stressed that the Australian figure is based on assumptions rather than direct data.
The parliamentary report noted that, like uranium, thorium can be a nuclear fuel. (Which is why the West Australian Labor Government bans mining of thorium as well as uranium.) Almost all the mineable thorium is usable in a reactor compared with only 0.7 per cent of natural uranium. ``Thus, thorium may contain some 40 times the amount of energy per unit mass than uranium without recourse to fast breeders,'' the report continued.
India, which has about six times more thorium than uranium, has two thorium-fuelled reactors and intends the mineral to be an important source of the country's future energy expansion.
Some local junior explorers are actively looking for thorium. Arafura Resources has reported drilling at its Nolans Bore project north of Alice Springs and has indicated a resource of 24,000 tonnes of thorium (as well as 1800 tonnes of uranium and 227,000 tonnes of rare earths).
Gold and base metals explorer Korab Resources recently announced it would spin off its uranium and thorium properties into a new but as-yet-unnamed stock exchange float.
A briefing paper by the Melbourne-based Uranium Information Centre shows that thorium was discovered by a Swedish chemist in 1828. Although not fissile itself, thorium-232 will absorb neutrons to produce uranium-233, which is fissile.
The UIC said Russia has been developing a thorium nuclear fuel since the 1990s. This program at Moscow's Kurchatov Institute involves the US in the form of a company, Thorium Power, and financing from Washington.

THORIUM LEAGUE
Economically extractable thorium resources
....................... Tonnes
Australia ....... 300,000
India .............. 290,000
Noway ........... 170,000
USA .............. 160,000
Canada .......... 100,000
South Africa ... 35,000
Brazil ............. 16,000
Others ........... 95,000
Source: Uranium Information Centre

Geoff7
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
How come lots picked in the comp but no comments?
Demerger news is not far away, documents listed on ASCI site.

Mick100
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi geoff
Only been holding for a couple of months
I picked ARU to be my bolter this yr - thats 300% plus.

Geoff7
03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi Mick, good to see you here.

I should have quoted ASIC site.

laurie
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Geoff7

How come lots picked in the comp but no comments?
Demerger news is not far away, documents listed on ASCI site.

They better pull the finger out as Uranium stocks are HOT right now this demerger is all about timing get it wrong it could suffer :D

cheers laurie

Dazza
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
fellas who else is holding!!!!!!!

muhahahahhahaha

ive got oppies at 18 cents, 3 bagger plus for me muahahahha :D

come on aru come on muahhaha

mmmmmmmm nupower oppies too, only 2008 strike though, but thats ok, just the same as ARUO

im looking forward to this!

laurie
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
AGM and demerger announcement out 3:1

cheers laurie

edison
13-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Dazza,

I hold too ...... From three days ago actually ......

Always had ARU on my radar for more than a year but never really pull the trigger to buy it until earlier this week.

Looks like there is going to be great values being "unlocked" from this demerger!

Dazza
28-03-2007, 03:47 PM
no talk for over 2 months?

i guess im too happy to yap hehe

ARUO $1!!! people $1!!!

i remember the good old days of my first batch at 18cents sigh those were the days :D

ARUO up 14% today :D

my biggest holding ARUO + NUPO

burtsboy
28-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Head shares up 12% today. No significant company announcements; what's the driver[?]

laurie
28-03-2007, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by burtsboy

Head shares up 12% today. No significant company announcements; what's the driver[?]

Maybe because their 12% share in NUP went up 32% today !!

cheers laurie

Dazza
12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
mick100, denpal, laurie and eddie u still on this train

id just like to celebrate with u guys my holdings in ARUO has just passed 10k :D

not bad considering 3 years ago i only had 4k in savings which i dipped into share investing for the first time.

i see alot of the aussie are planning a $2 party.

anyone interested in one here in nzl?

not much to report i guess.

im trying to down ramp this so i can top up again on the oppies :D

closed at $1.70 and $1.50 respectively.

have got some news coming in on may and also in june for their ANSTO report

denpal
13-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Dazza,

Boy oh boy, the re-rating was a lot more aggressive and sooner than I anticipated!!.....congrats to all holders for sure......big gain from high-30's just 9 months ago to now, and including the NUP 1:3 freebie worth an additional 25c say on top of each ARU share which would take it to $1.95 equivalent. That's a 5 bagger and much more to come by all accounts given all that they have.

Rare Earths are certainly gaining much traction with international investors, with ARU trading more volume in Germany some days than ASX!! LYC is being ramped to the skies also by at least one US newsletter. LYC have done well, nearly tripled over the same time period.

If you like REEs look at gold junior NAV, they have a significant REE deposit being drilled this month for a JORC resource......hint: the composition value is as good as ARU and LYC, grades are similar to ARU, 3-4Mt historic resource ATM plus a big untested U/Th anomaly nearby, recent re-testing of one old drill-core gave a 17% REE grade compared to much lower original result, they also have by-products in the mix...........interesting play as NAV's MC hasn't really factored in any value for this yet that I can see as most of the NAV gold investors don't realise what this is all about YET. DYOR of course. I hold NAV primarily for the gold but am quite excited by the left-field potential of the Cummin's Range REE deposit. There is a recent ann. on this.

Gofish.
13-04-2007, 08:55 PM
ARU closed for the day at $1.95 !!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all those still hangin' on.

Dazza
14-04-2007, 12:52 AM
a big smile for me :D

Geoff7
17-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Yep, all things considered she is performing nicely.

Still here. :-)

laurie
17-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Talk about flying to the moon this is a rocket driven by overseas investors just have a look at the chart it has to come back to earth sooner or later :D

cheers laurie

denpal
17-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Essential reading on big looming shortages of rare earths for magnets by 2010. ARU has a very Neodymium rich resource BTW!! Around 20% of the total REE's contained.

http://www.waltbenecki.com/uploads/Why_Rare_Earth_Prices_are_Likely_to_Continue.pdf

:D

Dazza
02-07-2007, 10:18 PM
been a long time since i posted here

the gap at 1.30 has been filled.

Vanadium results were out and very encouraging sending the shares up to $2 again.

Has fallen back to 50% fib, of around 1.60

i brought for the first time the heads today.

have held the oppies but now also hold the heads.

Dazza
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
TH today

news out on Monday.

Possibilities

1. PFS results out, they did say that they were to be released sometime june/july

2. capital raising- though unlikely as posters on HC say, ARU want to raise as close to production as possible for minimal dilution.

and some other suggestions, but we will find out on monday!

Dazza
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Ann out today.

Regarding TTY (MK's company) buying out the frances creek tentaments for 2.5 million

sweet more cash in the kitty.

Not to sure if it includes the already cash producing royalty though.

In my view seems to be only future royalties

I may be wrong however.

In the mean time still TH, so the juicy ann. aint out yet!

Dazza
09-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Ann out, further great drilling results.
Arafura reports 'outstanding' intercepts at Nolans
10:11, Monday, July 09, 2007

Sydney - Monday - July 9: (RWE Australian Business News) -
Arafura Resources Ltd (ASX: ARU) today announced "outstanding high-grade
intercepts" from diamond drilling at the Nolans Rare Earth Project, a
phosphate-hosted rare earth-uranium deposit in the Northern Territory.
High-grade drill intervals of rare earths and uranium include:
* 5.4 metres at 23.8% REO and 4.7lb/T U3O8 in NBDH161; and
* 7.6 metres at 17.5% REO and 3.4lb/T U3O8 in NBDH160.
Other significant drill intervals include:
* 20.2 metres at 9.3% REO and 1.6 lb/T U3O8 and
10.7 metres at 6.5% REO and 1.2 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH159;
* 15.2 metres at 5.0% REO and 0.8 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH152;
* 16.0 metres at 3.8% REO and 0.7 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH153;
* 14.4 metres at 5.9% REO and 1.2 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH156; and
* 27.3 metres at 3.6% REO and 0.6 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH157.
A zone of very high-grade mineralisation appears more extensive
than previously interpreted.

Currently up 13% to 1.80. High of $2

I hold.

Dazza
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
e148 - 11.7m @ 0.45 lb/t U ……. 200ppm U3O8
Hole149 - 30.6m @ 0.56 lb/t U ……. 250ppm U3O8
Hole150 - 17.7m @ 0.62 lb/t U ……. 280ppm U3O8
Hole152 - 31.7m @ 0.70 lb/t U ……. 320ppm U3O8
Hole153 - 36.9m @ 0.73 lb/t U ……. 330ppm U3O8
Hole154 - 18.2m @ 0.75 lb/t U ……. 350ppm U3O8
Hole155 - 22.5m @ 0.60 lb/t U ……. 270ppm U3O8
Hole156 - 37.2m @ 0.82 lb/t U ……. 370ppm U3O8
Hole157 - 39.7m @ 0.59 lb/t U ……. 260ppm U3O8
Hole158 - 34.8m @ 0.53 lb/t U ……. 240ppm U3O8
Hole159 - 46.5m @ 1.27 lb/t U ……. 570ppm U3O8
Hole160 - 13.8m @ 2.22 lb/t U ……. 1000ppm U3O8
Hole161 - 6.0m @ 4.75 lb/t U ……. 2200ppm U3O8

those conversions taken from a poster called Tibbs .

quite amazing really

The U here is just a by product of the REE mining

denpal
09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
These are outstanding results - very high grade compared to the existing JORC resource. A lot of Uranium junior wannabes would be proud of the uranium intercepts by themselves which for us are just a by-product as are the phosphate and calcium chloride.

To be honest I don't think the market has fully appreciated the outstanding quality of these results. No wonder there was a trading halt!!!!!

It was concerning though when the sp wilted recently. I topped up at 131c as that seemed too cheap on fundamentals. Average price now 61c for me on the 25% increased holding. I have no plans to sell and will wait for dividends and long-term full value realisation. Given the global mega-crunch developing for REEs against a back-drop of a global warming/emissions crisis that future has every reason to be very rosy. I have confidence in the competency of management as well.

[8D]

Dazza
09-07-2007, 10:53 PM
great to hear ur still with me on this denpal :D

our ERNO stocks have beent aking a diving though ><
i topped up about 30% dollar wise on my holdigns, but script wise it was jsut over 10%!

bah increase in costs in buying ARU now though, more expensive as time goes lol

my avg is bang on 50cents :D

i have target of $3 :D

but like urself, i aint selling at all :D

need to accumulate more

i think out of my list, only ARU is on accumulation mode.

AGM was on taht list as well, however with the delays i have decided not to accumulate it

Dazza
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Frankfurt over night closed at 1.25 euros, equivalent to 2.04 aus

opened around that point today, however has come down to 1.95

PFS is out soon i tink

Dazza
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Closed the day at $2

getting quite predictable now,
on open first 30 mins = high

then mid session low, then aftanoon session finishes near high

thats what happened yesturday as well

denpal
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Dazza,

ARU is my main play at around 40% of total; so a burst upwards like this week has a big effect on my portfolio value.

I suspect that when REEs become sexy, that the PEs of the very few western world REE producers will be very high compared to nickel/zinc/I-O/gold/silver miners. Early days yet; you must have been accumulating like me last year at around 37-45c........I just kept adding to my stash at every stop-loss panic attack.

Dazza
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
man dp

i havent been accumulating argggggggh!

i brought 18cents oppies and topped up again at 60cents i tink

then the 1.60 in the heads

aru is my main play too but 24% weighting.
i need to buy more

i see dark storms coming, dow down 150ish points last nite

if it comes back down to 1.6 ill sink a few more into it :D

best of luck to us muahahhahahahha

mick100 still on this?

Dazza
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
fair enough mike

i nearly sold out at last years may correction

thank the heavens i hold

$1.30-60 for heads is a good price to buy IMO

Dazza
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Ann out, regarding the vanadium deposit :D

Alistar stephens reckons it will be ARU 2nd growth phase :D

A summary of the main points of the ProMet review is as follows:

o The median recovery of magnetite to concentrate (by Davis Tube Recovery or DTR) averages 27.9%
compared with 22% for other typical vanadium deposits.
o The recovery of vanadium to concentrate is 76.4% (weighted average) compared with 50% reported for
other vanadium deposits.
o The concentrate is comparable to the quality of feed to other vanadium kilns.
o The concentrate is comparatively low in silica and phosphorus allowing potential for leach oxidation
processing.
o The test work indicates that a good quality vanadium-only product is recoverable.

Dazza
19-07-2007, 10:35 PM
a bit slack on my ARU posting

Nolans Rare Earth Update
about using some technology to increase % of yields.

The results can be summarised as follows;
In the sizing range from less than 5.6mm to greater than 2.8mm it is possible to
achieve a rare earths and phosphate separation from the gangue fractions range at
high recovery of REO and phosphate with significant mass rejection of waste.
o At a heavy media density of 2.84, the rare earths grade increases from
3.15% to 4.2% with a recovery of 96%, P2O5 increases from 13.6% to 18.4%
with a recovery of 97% with a mass rejection of waste of 28%.
In the sizing range from less than 2.8mm to greater than 1mm it is possible to achieve
a rare earths and phosphate separation from the fractions at high rare earths recovery
with significant mass rejection of waste:
o At a heavy media density of 2.84, the rare earths grade increases from
3.15% to 4.22% with a recovery of 94%, P2O5 increases from 23.6% to
32.5% with a recovery of 96% with a mass rejection of waste of 30%.
In the sizing of less than 300 microns it is possible to achieve a rare earths and
phosphate separation from the gangue at high rare earths recovery with significant
mass rejection of waste:
o At a heavy media density of 2.86, the rare earths grade increases from
2.67% to 3.94% with a recovery of 94%, P2O5 increases from 22.1% to
30.6% with a recovery of 94% with a mass rejection of waste of 32%.
The test work demonstrates that heavy media separation is effectively rejecting waste
material across all size fractions.
Arafura’s Managing Director, Alistair Stephens said “this is an excellent result that will
reduce operating and capital costs.
All further enquiries should be directed to:
Alistair Stephens – Managing Director
Arafura Resources Limited
Telephone: (08) 9221 7666

Dazza
19-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Arafura Resources Limited (ASX: ARU) today announces the commencement of an infill soil sample program at the company’s Kurinelli gold project, located 150 kilometres SE of Tennant Creek, in the Northern Territory.
The company is targeting more than 2,500 infill soil samples from the northern region of the 5.5 x 1.5 kilometre anomalous gold zone in order to expand the high-density geochemical coverage across most of the zone.
This program follows on from recent encouraging results in the south western part of the zone, where drill testing in 2006 confirmed the presence of gold mineralisation at depth (ARU ASX announcement 17/8/06) with the best result of the program being 6.77 g/t gold.
These results will assist in identifying potential drill targets for the 2008 exploration program.
In addition, Arafura also plans to commence a comprehensive regional geochemical gold-in-soil and stream sediment sampling program in EL 9710 and EL 9745, about 45 kilometres SW of Kurinelli.
This is an initial green fields sampling program in the SW Davenport Ranges and will take place after the completion of the Kurinelli program. Approximately 1,000 samples are planned to evaluate the gold potential in EL 9710 and EL 9745.
The program should be finalised in August with results expected late September 2007.

Dazza
19-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Mt Porter gold project

Sydney - Thursday - July 19: (RWE Australian Business News) -
Arafura Resources Limited (ASX:ARU) has received approval from the
Department of the Environment and Water Resources (Australian
Government) to mine recoverable mineral resources (gold) at the
Mt Porter Gold Project.
The Mt Porter Gold project contains 34,200 oz of relatively high
grade gold and is located 15km from the Union Reefs mill in the Pine
Creek district of the Northern Territory approximately 165km
south east of Darwin.
The Project required assessment and approval under the
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 for
potential impacts on listed threatened species and ecological
communities, on listed migratory species, and on the Kakadu National
Park World Heritage Area.
Alistair Stephens, Managing Director of Arafura Resources, said,
"This approval represents a significant milestone in the development of
the Mt Porter resource. Assessment of opportunities to develop the mine
will now be carried out."

PRESS RELEASE - 1st April 2004

ARAFURA INCREASES MT PORTER GOLD RESOURCE

Arafura Resources NL (Arafura) today announced an increase in resources at their Mt Porter
prospect 165 km south east of Darwin. Details are listed below.

The increase in resources is primarily due to positive results from the drill program in November
2003 which showed improved continuity of high grade mineralised zones. Contained gold
increased by 27% with only a minor lowering of resource grade to 3.0g/t Au.

Arafura’s Chairman Peter Walker said, “this increased resource will enhance the Company’s
progress to a gold producer through development of an open pit mine at Mt Porter”.

At a 1.7g/t cutoff grade, the Identified Mineral Resource in the 10400 Zone has been increased by
27% from the previously reported estimate. The updated estimate is summarised in Table 1
below.

Category Tonnes g/t Au Au(oz)
Indicated Resources 300,000 3.1 29,600
Inferred Resources 55,000 2.6 4,600
Total 355,000 3.0 34,200
The reported resource at Mt Porter encompasses the 85m vertical interval from 525mRL (surface)
to 440mRL. Mineralisation occurs in a complexly folded cherty iron formation within the Middle
Koolpin Formation host to the Cosmo Howley ore bodies.
The block model resource estimate was prepared in accordance with current JORC requirements
by Resource Evaluations Pty Ltd using inverse distance squared (ID2) grade interpolation
constrained by mineralisation envelopes prepared using a nominal 0.5g/t cut-off grade and a
minimum downhole length of 2m. A high grade cut of 20g/t was used. Gold assays were
determined by the fire assay method on core (21 holes) and RC percussion (51 holes) samples.
Bulk density values were derived from determinations on drill core.
The total Identified Mineral Resource at the project using a 0.5g/t cutoff is 878,000T at 1.9g/t for
53,100 ounces which includes Indicated Mineral Resource of 694,000T at 2.0g/t for 44,000
ounces and Inferred Mineral Resource of 184,000T at 1.55g/t for 9,100 ounces.
Pit optimisation studies using the new Mineral Resource estimate will be carried out during April.
The results of the optimisation will assist with the assessment of development options for the Mt
Porter Project.
Further geological evaluation is planned to explore for additional resources along strike and at
other nearby prospects, including the 10800 Zone where past drilling has returned intersections of
4 metres @ 43g/t and 8m @ 8.4g/t in dolerite host rocks.
The Company also advises that the drill program at its Nolans Bore rare earths project 130 kms
north of Alice Springs has been further delayed by rain in the project area. Drilling will
commence as soon as roads and tracks are sufficiently dry to allow heavy vehicle movement.
This is expected within 7-10 days.
The information in this report that relates to drilling and geological interpretation is based on
information compiled by Mr John Goulevitch of Exploremin Pty Ltd who is a Fellow

Dazza
24-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Nolans Rare Earths Recovery Testwork

Highlights
• Hydrometallurgical test work results in a rare earths recovery of 90% in a
sulphuric acid circuit.
• The overall recovery of rare earths from the resource to a rare earths concentrate averages 83%.
• Further work into the separation of rare earths products will be undertaken.
• Test work will commence into the solvent extraction recovery of uranium.
• Planning for the pilot plant phase is well advanced.
• The pre-feasibility work for the estimation of capital and operating costs is nearing completion.

tobo
24-07-2007, 08:12 PM
quote:Denpal -
I suspect that when REEs become sexy, that the PEs of the very few western world REE producers will be very high compared to nickel/zinc/I-O/gold/silver miners.
Denpal, I see you also have NAV but not LYC. Recent jump in LYC suggests REs are already getting sexy. My take on it is that LYC is clean and simple for people (and more advanced), and I hope ARU/NAV REOs will come sprinting from the back.

Tobo.
Discl(Aus): ARU/LYC/NAV, PDN/HTM(HGD)/MRO/PDM/PEN/SIM, ZFX,WPL, IRE

denpal
24-07-2007, 11:53 PM
[/quote]
Denpal, I see you also have NAV but not LYC. Recent jump in LYC suggests REs are already getting sexy. My take on it is that LYC is clean and simple for people (and more advanced), and I hope ARU/NAV REOs will come sprinting from the back.

[/quote]

Tobo,

I prefer ARU to LYC as I think it has more robust economics overall. NAV for me is a virtual "free-call" for rare earths given that their MC really mostly reflects their gold project and resources. Their Cummin's Range REE/Uranium etc deposit looks very complex and we need a much more detailed announcement on further drilling results to really understand the value of it.....however it looks very interesting so far but I wouldn't bet more than a modest amount on it!!!

Dazza
25-07-2007, 04:44 PM
ARAFURA RESOURCES LIMITED (ASX : ARU)
FURTHER OUTSTANDING HIGH GRADE INTERCEPTS
NOLANS RARE EARTHS PROJECT, NORTHERN TERRITORY
(ARU 100%) 25 July 2007
Highlights
Arafura is pleased to announce the remaining assay results from core drilling carried out at
the Nolans phosphate-hosted rare earths-uranium deposit in the Northern Territory earlier
this year.
• Highest grade drill intervals of rare earths and uranium include:
o 8.3 metres at 11.4% REO and 2.2 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH161
o 4.7 metres at 7.9% REO and 1.2 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH167
• Other significant drill intervals include:
o 17.3 metres at 6.6% REO 1.2 lb/T U3O8 in NBRD018
o 18.0 metres at 5.0% REO 0.8 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH167
o 10.0 metres at 4.5% REO 0.6 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH170
o 9.8 metres at 3.8% REO 0.6 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH169
o 8.0 metres at 3.4% REO 0.5 lb/T U3O8 and
8.6 metres at 4.6% REO 0.9 lb/T U3O8 in NBDH162
• Second phase of the drilling program on schedule to commence in September

more great results :D

too bad PKS sold out ie the creator of this thread, imagine his gains if he had kept :D

i tink only me denpal and macre still in this

keep it up lads :D

denpal
25-07-2007, 05:11 PM
The more extreme the global weather becomes, and the more the oil industry admits oil is in shortfall going forward, the more demand there will be for non-oil transportation. Hybrids and all-electric cars will be huge within 10 years I think. Coupled with the global food shortage coming up and need for lots more fertiliser to grow ethanol crops (ARU has lots of phosphate) ARU is in the box seat, a strategic best buy.

Dazza
13-08-2007, 06:38 PM
i have recently topped up ARU at 1.80 and 1.60

looking forward to 2009/10 divis :D

Dazza
05-09-2007, 04:17 PM
since previous post topped up at 1.14 , also brought some for old man at 1.18

up 25%+ since then.

PFS delayed due to POSITIVE reasons

Nolans Project ASX RELEASE 24 AUGUST, 2007 Arafura advises that it is expecting the valuation of the Nolans project and the pre-feasibility estimates of capital and operating costs for the phosphate hosted, rare earths deposit will be completed by the end of September for release in the 4th quarter of 2007. This is later than originally planned due to a number of developments. 1. Significant changes to the plant size due to positive outcomes from the beneficiation process (ASX release 18 July 2007) and further positive implications of this process on recoverable mineral resources (ASX release 19 July & 25 July 2007). 2. The results of high rare earth recoveries (ASX release 23 July 2007) that will reduce the required mining rate which then has implications on downstream transport and processing facilities. 3. Delays in finalising the engineering design because of industry wide constraints on human resources and cost estimations. 4. Difficulty in ascertaining cost escalation factors due to strong global growth in the mining sector. As a consequence, the valuation of the Nolans project from the pre-feasibility estimation process is not expected to be announced until the 4th quarter of 2007. The Nolans deposit is rich in the rare earth minerals that have important strategic use in the automotive and electronic industry. The rapid growth and demand for these rare earths makes the Nolans project important to the security of supply in the value chain. Its potential to co-produce other products significantly reduces its commercial risk. Arafura has undertaken a number of sensitivities that clearly show that Nolans represents a high rate of return on investment. While capital costs are likely to increase, the unique value proposition that Nolans presents through multiple revenue streams (from rare earths, phosphoric acid, uranium and calcium chloride) and the lack of alternate rare earths sources outside China ensures that the Company will deliver positive outcomes from the project. The market for rare earths is growing strongly in products that have significant benefits to lifestyle, energy efficiency and the environment. This maintains a robust forecast for the market and the development of the Nolans Project.

Dazza
24-09-2007, 05:17 PM
ARU recommended by James Dines in the TDL aka Dines letter over the weekend

heads on fire today, options hard to buy with one person selling for $3.

i hope ppl have brought... in earlier before ARU has been covereaged by the investment community.

Wahooot , im on fire today

Dazza
15-10-2007, 01:00 PM
PFS is out!!!!!!!!!!!1

ARAFURA RESOURCES LIMITED (ASX : ARU)
NOLANS PROJECT PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDY
15 OCTOBER, 2007
Arafura Resources Ltd (ASX:ARU) today announced the outcomes of the pre-feasibility study and
valuation of the Nolans phosphate hosted rare earths-uranium project. The study has identified that the
project?s post tax Net Present Value of the project is A$1,100 million over the current 20 year life of the
mine with annual revenues of $A410 million. The capital cost of the project is estimated at A$750 million.
The Nolans rare earths-phosphate-uranium deposit is located approximately 135 kilometres north-northwest
of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory of Australia. The project has sufficient resources to sustain
a mining operation in excess of 20 years. The mineralisation is exposed at surface, has little overburden,
and is amenable to ?low strip ratio? open pit mining
Pre-feasibility studies into the capital and operating costs for the project were undertaken in combination
by Bateman, Sinclair Knight Mertz (SKM) and GHD Australia. Operating and capital costs are estimated
within an accuracy of plus or minus 30%. Selected key results of the pre-feasibility are:
Net Present Value ? post tax A$ 1,100 million
? Rare Earths production ramps up to 20,000 tpa rates from 2011 to 2013
? Operating life of 20 years
? Discount rate of 10%, tax rate of 30%, Exchange rate AUD 1 = USD 0.90
Capital Cost A$ 750 million (2007 dollars)
? Includes $120m of contingency and $180m of first fill working capital (total $300m)
? Escalation rates of 10% per annum on all capital costs are budgeted
Revenue A$ 410 million per annum (2007 dollars)

The Board of Arafura Resources has approved this pre-feasibility study for release and has adopted the
data as the basis for the pre-feasibility project valuation. The Board now formally approves the progression
of the project to Pilot Plant study phase in early 2008.
?Today?s announcement is the culmination of a long-term comprehensive body of work into the Nolans
project,? Arafura Chairman Mick Muir said.
?I have long believed that the project would deliver major value to our shareholders and the results of the
study validate this. Today our team has delivered one of the most important potential project
developments in Australia for many years. The rare earths from Nolans will have vital and strategic
importance to the electronics industry worldwide. This is important not only to our shareholders, but also
the Australian economy and the global environment. ? Mr Muir added.
The results of the study are a major step forward for the project and the Company. It validates that Nolans
can sustain long life production of specialty materials that will have a vital role to play in the latest
technology in the electronics industry that only rare earths can deliver. In addition many of the products
will have a direct impact in assisting with environmental abatement programs aimed at energy efficiency
and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Rare earths have a range of uses such as catalysts in petroleum refining, rechargeable batteries, electric
motors, phosphors and ceramics. The strongest areas of growth are for rare earths used in electric motors
(like hybrid vehicles) and plasma panels where demand is growing at 15%pa and 40%pa respectively.
Further to this, strong growth in demand and solid price outlooks for by-products of phosphoric acid,
calcium chloride and uranium make a significant contribution to the project?s competitiveness.
The Board has always been confident that the Nolans Project has the potential to be a major operation
yielding multiple products over a long period. This study marks the start of a new and dynamic time for
Arafura and the Company will now embark on a program to expand its human and capital resources
delivering project development milestones and ongoing shareholder value.
The Company has been engaging and assessing the credentials of various organisations that could provide
Arafura with technical, financial or marketing assistance to develop the Nolans Project. The pre-feasibility
data will enable informed decision making processes for the potential of a Joint Venture. These discussions
will focus on off-takes of products, their prices and the development of the optimum balance between
equity and debt and partner capital that delivers the best return to shareholders.
Arafura has already identified many process improvements that will significantly improve the project?s
financial return and improve operating outcomes. These include the manufacture of some key chemicals
adjacent to the project process plant, which eliminates many operating and capital costs of transport
associated with chemical imports.
In order to optimise chemical supply, costs and risks, the Company continues to build on its existing
relationships with potential suppliers and to encourage supplier collaboration. Arafura also continues to
assess the appropriate location for the processing plant on the basis that essential inputs of water, gas,
power and appropriate industrial land are critical to the project?s economics and long term future.

The Company has used an exchange rate of A$1 = US$0.90. The Australian dollar is currently trading at
long term highs and this is beneficial in the short term when some construction costs are in US currency.
The effect of exchange rate has been modelled to determine its impact on the project?s valuation in the
long term.
Arafura believes the nature of the rare earths market and the ability to negotiate independent supply
contracts will insulate the project to a large degree and therefore minimise the risk of exchange rate to the
project.
Arafura Resources Ltd Managing Director, Alistair Stephens said ?This result is testimony to the team
work, persistence, belief and vision of our employees. John Goulevitch deserves credit for his initial insight
into the projects potential for rare earths and our geological team has worked meticulously in resource
definition. Our General Manager, and Chief Project Engineer, Steve Mackowski, has excelled in his
dedication and innovation to deliver the optimum and state-of-art processing flowsheet. Nolans is a
genuinely great project and we can now focus our minds and energy into feasibility and development?
In addition, in November 2006, the Commonwealth Government offered the company an AusIndustry
Commercial Ready Grant of up to A$3.3million to assist with the early development of the Nolans project.
This grant confirmed that the Government recognises the potential of the Nolans projects and that it can
deliver technical success and future commercial outcomes. It also demonstrated that the Board and
management of Arafura Resources had the capacity and technical skills to take this project forward to
commercialisation. To date Arafura has received over $500,000 under the grant. A significant proportion
of costs from the pilot plant in 2008 will be eligible to be claimed under the grant.
Metallurgical test work has been undertaken by the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology
Organisation (ANSTO) in Sydney, New South Wales, in combination with Bateman Litwin (Bateman) in
Israel. ANSTO have developed the recovery test work for the pre-leach separation and rare earth recovery
(plus uranium) while Bateman have developed the recovery of phosphoric acid and calcium chloride.
The deposit has limited overburden (thin alluvial soils), is amenable to shallow open pit mining with low
strip ratios, and can sustain operations for at least 20 years. The resource is still open along strike and at
depth. The on-site treatment involves heavy media separation to remove waste before transportation to a
coastal processing facility where the economics of chemical manufacturing and product transport are more
cost efficient.
The chemical treatment involves an acid leaching process that effectively separates insoluble rare earths
minerals from soluble phosphate-rich apatite minerals before standard industry techniques are used for rare
earths and phosphoric acid production.
The Company has planned for commissioning in 2010 before production commences in 2011 at 25%
production rates rising to 75% by the end of the year (annual average rate of 50%). In 2012 the plan allows
for consolidate rates at 75% capacity before full utilisation in 2013.
Rare earths pricing has been derived from a combination of international sources in China, IMCOA from
Australia, Roskills Information Services and the Company?s own research.

Arafura has largely completed the Notice of Intent (NOI) for the project and expects that the NOI for the
mine site and a separate NOI for the processing plant will be submitted in either late 2007 or 2008.
Planned Activities
For the remainder of 2007, the Company will be planning and preparing for processes related to the pilot
plant and undertaking drilling to identify additional resources and improve the classification of current
resources to a measured status. The current proposed engineering and approval schedule going forward is;
2008 Pilot plant
Submission of Notices of Intent
Community consultation
Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
Resource, mining and processing optimisation
Commencement of detailed engineering design
2009 Completion of definitive feasibility study (DFS)
Regulatory approvals for project
Pre-ordering long lead items and commencement of construction
2010 Construction and commissioning
2011 Production ramp-up from 25% to 75% of capacity (annual average = 50%)
2012 Production rates at 75% of capacity
2013 Full production rates ? 20,000tpa rare earths production.
The project timeline is conditional on all regulatory approvals being completed in 2009. In addition a
critical assessment of essential infrastructure including power, water and the availability of heavy industry
land, and the lead times associated with procurement, prefabrication, and construction for all materials and
resources will be undertaken.
Further enquires should be directed to:
Alistair Stephens
Managing Director
Arafura Resources Limited +61 8 9221 7666
Project valuation criteria over-page.

burtsboy
17-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Market doesn't make much of this PFS announcement - down 30% :eek:

stevo1
17-10-2007, 10:52 AM
2011 to production seems a way off i would have thought lyc would give you better exposure to rare earths market.

Dazza
12-01-2008, 10:57 PM
ARU

big year for 2008

this is where i hopefully get a lot richer :D

denpal
13-01-2008, 10:41 PM
dazza,

The phosphate market is very tight going forward, this will help ARU and imo already has.

I bought in again at 75c recently and glad to see a solid gain since then, but the markets overall are a real concern right now.

seadog
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Dazza. You still onboard this one? Getting a bit of a wiggle on. Up another 10% in Germany last night. They certainly seem to be ticking all the boxes for Nolans and the Rare Earths story is getting better and better. Got in at 16c and hung on through these turbulent times but the market has to wake up to this story at some point.

The last qly was a good one highlighting the Chinese tax situation.

Thanks for keeping this alive on Sharetrader.

Gofish.
07-05-2008, 11:08 AM
There are plenty of kiwis still riding ARU. :)

seadog
10-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Good to see! Been in the country 6 years and lovin it. Check out this preso from the website. Spells the whole ARU and Rare earth story very clearly. Best preso so far, I think.

http://www.arafuraresources.com.au/documents/DevelopingAustraliasRareEarthsIndustry.pdf

tobo
11-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Exceptionally well presented.
Who is the target market? conservative investment funds? Mums & Dads investors?
It's certainly readable enough to be on the dentist's waiting room table.
ATM most general public say "RE? Wah?" They know what platinium and Uranium is, but RE?

seadog
11-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Alistair Stephens has done a number of roadshows to institutional investors and they must be a target market for capital as the company moves towards production. A successful capital raising to inst investors was completed in Nov last year.

They have a JV with BHP for a nickel tenement called Hammer Hill and drilling has started on this.

For the latest report to Inst investors which gives more detail go to-
http://clients.weblink.com.au/clients/Arafura/article.asp?asx=ARU&view=6401426

Let's just hope there is not too much dilution going forward towards production. At 06/07 they had 122m shares on issue. I expect the majority of oppies will be converted by their expiry in June. My cheques in the post!

Dazza
11-05-2008, 03:23 PM
yes seadog i am still heavily invested in this, and represents 20% of my portfolio

this is my money maker if u know what i mean :P

holding out for awhile prob till production.

seadog
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
20% is brave, mind you when we were at 2 bucks I was getting close. It is all about the future on this one, in more ways than one! I see we have NZO and UMC in common also, sold my OD's at 8.5c......you can't win em all but hopefully get a chance to top up on heads in the not too distant future.

Anyone know if ARU is exempt from the new tax on foreign investments. Don't see why it shouldn't be being 100% based in Aus.

seadog
15-05-2008, 07:21 PM
From a recent aegis report, another box ticked and remember the phosphoric acid is a by product!!-

ARAFURA RESOURCES (ASX:ARU) is flying like an iron ore stock.
Except it's on phosphate.
Yesterday it soared 10c to as high as $1.13 and closed at $1.10.
That's up from 75c at the start of the month.
The company has released initial results from the phosphoric
acid recovery process at its Nolans rare earths-phosphate project.
The rates indicate in excess of 80 per cent recovery for premium
fertiliser grade, which is better than pre-feasibility assumptions.
Recent market trade in this product exceeds $US1,800 per tonne.
"Based on the recovery assumptions in the OFS, the project will
generate revenue of $US575 million per year using current commodity
prices," managing director Alistair Stephens said.
The current operating conditions in the demonstration plant
indicate cost savings may be obtained compared with the PFS assumptions
due to lower heating conditions in both extraction and washing columns.
In addition, the phosphoric acid quality eliminates some
processing functions that had been assumed.
Revenue of $US210m per year is seen from the phosphoric acid and
total revenue of $US575m per year from all products at Nolans.

Snapper
15-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I've got LYC, another RE miner. Has anyone done a comparison of the two? I really like the RE story but not too sure if I've jumped on the right horse.

Cheers

stevo1
14-10-2008, 05:38 PM
hi Snapper I have LYC. I bought into ARU today(36) on the back of funding now sorted to continue exploration of Nolans which is a phosphric acid/phosphate /uranium/ree project.Speculative but I like the multi rescource exposure so a little different to LYC .Certainly LYC has all funding in place $145mill) to production and contracts for REE US$490mill for majority of production for next 5yrs. ARC at approx $65mill market cap (158mill shares on issue)

shasta
11-11-2008, 02:24 PM
hi Snapper I have LYC. I bought into ARU today(36) on the back of funding now sorted to continue exploration of Nolans which is a phosphric acid/phosphate /uranium/ree project.Speculative but I like the multi rescource exposure so a little different to LYC .Certainly LYC has all funding in place $145mill) to production and contracts for REE US$490mill for majority of production for next 5yrs. ARC at approx $65mill market cap (158mill shares on issue)

ARU - Increase in resource at Nolans Rare Earth Project (+ 62.9%) ;)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=ARU&E=ASX&N=428986

Gonzo
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
anyone interested in arafura?

macduffy
05-10-2012, 08:45 AM

I have them on my "occasional watch" list for signs of life in the SP - which should signal that the Feasibility Study is imminent. The market seems to have deserted ARU since the froth went out of prices for REE's but as far as I can see the company is pretty much on track as planned.

What's your view?

tricha
05-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Well Packer was, way back in 2005, nearly 8 years ago and they have gone, not far from there.

But if you had of played the highs and lows, u would have made a fortune. Can it be done again? Roll that dice Gonzo.

tobo
06-01-2023, 03:16 PM
After a decade off, I got back in ARU in 2022. Had LYC for years, but was worn down by political shenanigans and then missed the big rise in that one. ARU currently on the rise. Fundamentals seem to make sense to me.
DYOR.
cheers

Aotea
06-01-2023, 03:29 PM
Welcome back Tobo. ARU will be a powerhouse in the REE space one day. Have held and added since low 20's and see a big future based on resource and geopolitical tensions. Holding long is a no-brainer.