PDA

View Full Version : Zircon and mineral sands.

Packersoldkidney
20-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Had this great big post planned for this thread: I even had written some of it than realised it was boring and a ****. So I'll distill it into a few words: Mineral sands generally run last in a resouces boom, meaning they will at some stage (zircon has already to some extent but others have not) for various reasons. Possibly an investment/trading opportunity ahead in these types of companies.

The ones to look at are Iluka (ILU) Ticor (TOR) Bemax (BMX) Astron (ATR) (note the last two are going to have difficulty getting their resource out of the ground in a cheap sort of fashion) Actually there is a whole stack of them - but only a few have access to 'world class' deposits. There is a crew doing something in Africa called Omegacorp (OMC) - all exploration at this stage I think in Tanzania that is apparently pretty good. I'm no geo, but the best ones of these co's. has the minerals stacked in ancient areas right on the surface. The new area that is attracting a lot of interest is the Eucla basin right here in Australia - it has all the hallmarks of the most exciting mineral sands area in the world, and it is largely unexplored. There are a few crews with their hands on this prize. Iluka is one of them, ADN is another (and I think due to report some drilling results from the area soon), but the pick of the bunch is Diatreme Resources, that will list on the ASX in the next few weeks. Diatreme has a few hundred k's to explore on the coast where a couple of hits have been hit already, at Jaicinth and Ambrosia, but you'd reckon there would be sometime before a decent return on any investment would be seen, that is unless a major steps in and picks them up at some stage (could be a chance given the seeming quality of the Eucla).

Anyway, the mineral sands co's are worth a look as we are in a resources boom and most of them haven't really run as yet. Check them out.

Packersoldkidney
20-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Forgot to mention....APG. Longtime sleeper (as to be comatose) but could be a winner if mineral sands get going.

David Hardman
20-02-2005, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Packersoldkidney

Forgot to mention....APG. Longtime sleeper (as to be comatose) but could be a winner if mineral sands get going.

POK

You left MAL - Matilda Minerals off your list!

Robbo would have you castrated for lesser crimes.

Matilda are not in production yet however they have identified heavy prospects for Zircon and Rutile.

Feasibility study out within a week or so. If they can get it out of the ground cheap enough production to kick in mid 2005

Packersoldkidney
20-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Ha ha! A deliberate ploy, Mr Hardman! I was gonna put it on, but thought I would sucker one of the MAL crew who to post, especially since they must be MALcontented from the price action late last week.

You see, it is this sort of brain power that allows us Aussies to overwhelm you Kiwis at cricket. We're always thinking. (Packers tips head to one side, sound of marble rolling ensues) Plus of course the fact you still have Sinclair in your team. Actually, probably the latter more than the former.

robbo
21-02-2005, 09:54 PM
All I care about

Is that nice BIG Warm Toungie.... you've been promising me these last few days PAKMAN !!

Won't be able to sleep till I get it, so do NOT let me down Pakman !!

Kindest Regards, and many thanks for the Toungies in advance PSK...

Robbo. [8D]:D

Packersoldkidney
21-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Cripes! You're really up for it, aren't you!! Ahh well, each to their own. Was only kidding before when I said I'd give you one. Nothing against you, DaveR, more against your a*se. Plus the fact that you are a bloke. Actually wouldn't give it to a woman, neither. Anilingus is poo if you ask me. Yuck. Just thinking about it turns my stomach.