PDA

View Full Version : AMM Amcom Telecommunications

Watson
21-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Just discovered this stock this morning..bought in at 19c...today they have announced a 92% increase in profit before tax....

go to website for those interested... www.amcom.com.au

Looks like a significant turning point for the company....not a traders stock .

62% of shares held by top 20 ....all the instos are in here so could be worth half an eye....cheers W

Watson
21-02-2005, 04:16 PM
For what its worth

Analyst Bell Potter put a buy recommendation on this stock late last year at a share price target of 40c

Cheers W

Halebop
21-02-2005, 05:14 PM
A bit of a Spec but I quite like this company.

Cashflow and Capex analysis forecast the growth into trading profits about 18 months/2yrs ago. They have a mostly disciplined busines model and it appears to be working (I can't remember the name of the subsidiary now - maybe "Rescue"? - was not their most inspired investment and of course IP1 was a disaster).

I've traded them 3 times for reasonable gains but you have to wait for the good news if you want to exit in volume. Not for faint hearted for this reason!

Personally I think anything like 40 cents is a bit ambitious in the short term but if growth continues at the same brisk pace I could certainly imagine 30 cents before the year was out. I'd temper that notion with the thought that as a microcap they'll cop it regardless if the market turns south!

A reasonable punt for risk tolerant but not one to bet the farm on.

Disc: Don't hold but may trade again.

Stranger_Danger
28-11-2008, 01:58 PM
KW - I have several smallcap/illiquid stocks either as new entrants to my portfolio or on the watchlist that have announced profit upgrades or other such news.

In several cases they will get significant uplift from the fall of the AU dollar and several are in defensive-ish sectors. All have moderate debt levels or better.

Does the market care? Nope!

Disc : Rather not name names, in one case I'm buying virtually every share that becomes available and am happy with the lack of competition!

Penfold
25-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm on the verge of buying in to AMM.

On fundamentals it seems fairly priced, with great growth prospects. And it may be a target when M&A activity cranks up.

Any thoughts on this one from the traders among you. Am I about to make an error of epic proportions?

Cheers

percy
26-02-2010, 08:43 PM
KW thanks for above post.I thought the result was excellent and was a little surprised to see SP down.I sold my IRI as I thought their result was dissappointing.

COLIN
26-02-2010, 10:29 PM
KW thanks for above post.I thought the result was excellent and was a little surprised to see SP down.I sold my IRI as I thought their result was dissappointing.

Gosh, Percy, another stock that you and I both hold. We've got to stop meeting like this!

percy
27-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Colin only to pleased to keep meeting with you,and good stocks!!!Criterion in todays www.theaustralian.com {We'll rate Amcom a long term buy}

Huang Chung
27-02-2010, 09:46 AM
This little company is the love of my life :-)

KW...mate, you've really got to get out more......

I going to have a look at AMM...if I like what I see, you won't mind sharing?

Footsie
27-02-2010, 01:25 PM
KW what is your say 12 month price target?

Lizard
27-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi KW, sorry to bombard you with another query, but, since I know you're the Aussie telco expert, why AMM over MAQ? Although I guess AMM is in the stronger position with regard to consolidation.

Footsie
27-02-2010, 07:54 PM
MAQ is much cheaper

why not just own both though?

Huang Chung
27-02-2010, 08:54 PM
KW...what do you think are the pluses and minuses for AMM in respect of the much anticipated NBN, possible splitting of Telstra (more focused competitor) and advances in wireless technology that may make fibre (and the much vaunted NBN) obsolete?

Is it likely the NBN will use AMM cable, or completre against it?

Just some random thoughts as I've been mulling over AMM today.....

COLIN
27-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi KW, sorry to bombard you with another query, but, since I know you're the Aussie telco expert, why AMM over MAQ? Although I guess AMM is in the stronger position with regard to consolidation.

Both look pretty good, although I must admit that MAQ has been the better performer over the last month - with the result that AMM's P/E is now comparatively lower.

percy
28-02-2010, 07:07 AM
the article by tim boreham i am having trouble showing the link.is worth the trouble finding so .[url]www.theaustralian.com.au/business
then look for opinion,or tim boreham.or criterion.the article is headed minnows put the big boys in the shade

Penfold
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Bought a few today... pretty impressed with the financials. The long term outlook is pretty bright. I for one now consider internet in line with food, clothing and shelter.

As for the concerns above about fibre.... it reckon it will be a long time yet before they can get 100 mb/s with wireless... currently it is about 330kb/s. Vodem sticks claim a maximum speed of 1.4mbs. That's still a long way off the fibre AMM lay.

And to top it all off they hold a 20% stake in iinet ,and carry it on their balance sheet at 66% of market cost. Both companies must become attractive targets in the next growth cycle.

Penfold
05-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Profit upgrade today and a strong upwards movement. Something you TA guys might be interested in.

percy
06-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Hope you guys did jump on board earlier in the year. A nice 42% increase in NPAT, well above guidance.
AMM still holds the last remaining large block of iiNet stock - TPG missed out on AAPT but AMM is actually a better fit.

Yes a very nice surprise.thanks again KW.

percy
24-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Hope you guys did jump on board earlier in the year. A nice 42% increase in NPAT, well above guidance.
AMM still holds the last remaining large block of iiNet stock - TPG missed out on AAPT but AMM is actually a better fit.

And divie up 75%.

percy
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi KW.I note AMM SP has stalled.I would appreciate your opinion.

Jay
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Tipped in the Austrlain Small cap Investor that came out last night along with IIN

Penfold
20-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Interesting proposal on Friday to split out iinet and give it to shareholders. Will hopefully help this stock reach a 'fairer' value. Any of the AMM holders out there have any thoughts on a course of action? I am personally torn between selling and buying more. The only option I have ruled out is doing neither...

Penfold
21-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks KW, for your insight. Slipped back to 36.5 last night. My main concern is I end up with a thousand iinet shares that cost me to sell, and the price of iinet gets driven down as all the small parcels get sold. But your idea that a company could come along and take the holding makes a lot of sense.

I see Amcom is now completely debt free. And wants to focus on its core business. It really is a company to hold for the long term.

Halebop
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi KW,

Have also liked this company for some time (and their ability to cherry pick the TLS' larger market share) to profitably grow from a much smaller base. Not so sure about becoming an IIN shareholder. Initially I thought AMM were making a vertical integration play but as it transpired they just bought cheaply. I don't really understand IIN well enough but probably should do some reading. Suspect the distribution won't lend itself to a strong IIN share price...

mark100
23-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Not just AMM. IIN, TPM and MTU getting hammered. Healthy sell-off in my view the sector was getting a little overcooked

chad321
23-05-2013, 12:26 PM
New to this so wondering. Is right now a good time to buy in at market price for AMM? Or should I be holding off for it to get even lower? Looks pretty low at the moment.

chad321
23-05-2013, 12:27 PM
$1.845. Hmmmm

chad321
23-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Morningstar have been advising to sell since end of April. Giving a value of it at $1.40. Anyone suggest this be ignored?

chad321
23-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Also, asx.com.au show market price as $1.86 while asb securities is showing as $1.80. Which one is closer to real time?

NZSilver
27-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Yeh interesting - what's the thoughts on the merger vs staying separated.

NZSilver
29-10-2014, 07:17 AM
They are complimentary businesses, very synergistic - one east coast, one west coast. It will create a nice enterprise focussed ISP and data centre business. AMM is a better fit with VOC than with TPG who would be the other likely contender to purchase it. IIN could have bought it years ago, but sold its shareholding instead. The consumer market is pretty much all wrapped up now, its a three horse race between Telstra, Optus and iiNet. The business market is the next battleground - MNF, MTU, TPG, IIN, AMM, VOC - all aiming to take share of Telstra and Optus.

Thanks for that KW, yes I have had amm on my watchlist for a month or so, I was really considering it while it was in the 1.80 range, however enede up buying other things, I think I will see how the merger plays out and pick up some VOC. Its going to be an interesting watch.

Schrodinger
01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
They are complimentary businesses, very synergistic - one east coast, one west coast. It will create a nice enterprise focussed ISP and data centre business. AMM is a better fit with VOC than with TPG who would be the other likely contender to purchase it. IIN could have bought it years ago, but sold its shareholding instead. The consumer market is pretty much all wrapped up now, its a three horse race between Telstra, Optus and iiNet. The business market is the next battleground - MNF, MTU, TPG, IIN, AMM, VOC - all aiming to take share of Telstra and Optus.

I have been out of VOC for a while [kicking myself] but should take another good look at it.

Almost bought VOC a few years back at 1.80....

Been watching MTU, AMM for sometime and think the NBN mid tiers have significant scale potential.

Joshuatree
13-07-2015, 12:15 PM
VOC is a good home and I'm planning on adding more.