PDA

View Full Version : PIO: Pioneer Nickel

Packersoldkidney
24-02-2005, 09:23 PM
This is one that I think could be good in future. Sorta in the area AVO and HRR are in: I've mentioned it in private to a few people so thought I 'd make it public my leaning for the co. I don't hold any, but if BAS comes up with the goods I certainly will!! Price is exploration driven at this stage.

Have a look: website is http://www.pioneernickel.com.au/

airedale
27-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Seven years since the last post from POK. PIO was in the 23 cent area then and now it is showing signs of new life above 3 cents today.

macduffy
27-09-2012, 04:51 PM
"The nickel worm finally turns up."

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/article/2012/9/26/base-metals/nickel-worm-finally-turns

airedale
27-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Nickel and gold as well. This might bear fruit.

airedale
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
PIO moving up nicely today on good volume. They have just bought a nickel/gold prospect in WA.

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2016, 02:19 PM
47 million shares traded today in a tight range so i expect a BIG run like we saw last month PIO - looks good DYOR

Ganfeng Lithium ..who is partnered with ILC who is partnered with PIO has grown to the ranks of Top Lithium Producers. It supplies to BYD, LG Chem and Panasonic.

Ganfeng is the only Lithium company in the world has the capacity to produce Lithium from both hard minerals and brine.

Multiple Raw Material Supply /Lithium brine/ Spodumene/ Lepitolite
Recycled material from internal and external
Lithium carbonate TG

Ganfeng will source it's lithium by products to supply BYD and LG Chem from it's partners first....especially since Ganfeng owns 17% of ILC and as ILC and PIO are working together in the North America Sector it will be a of good benefit to PIO
------------------

from another website ..........
"Pioneer is turning into a diverse commodity backed lithium monster. Crooky has pumped millions into aquisitions and drilling, our asset base is very strong, i remember all of the long term holders getting set for Fairwater and now it is flat on Lithium..lol. We still have our monster at Fairwater being drilled later on this year, now the company has that gravity gradient survey data and some inversion models to poke the eye. In the background we have our fully owned Blair mine and that has been modeled to be another dome, i just cannot wait for Nickel to take off again. Then a multi million dollar acra gold system is hanging around in the background as well. Now we are the biggest lithium tenement holder in Australia, you know its good when your own research tells you there is nothing better at our asset to current price point, maybe i should reiterate the 4 cents to 40 in sixty days, we could do it with a series of big announcements,."

Chinese automaker BYD Co Ltd, backed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, aims to triple its production of batteries as it takes on Tesla Motors in the race to supply electric vehicles and boost energy storage.

Shenzhen-based BYD plans to add 6 gigawatt hours of global production for batteries in each of the next three years, and hopes to keep adding at that pace afterwards if demand is solid, Matthew Jurjevich, a spokesman for the company, said on Friday.

That means BYD could ramp up from 10 GWh capacity at the end of this year to about 34 GWh of batteries by the beginning of 2020. This would put it about even with Tesla's planned $5 billion Nevada gigafactory.

Each of the planned Gigafactory is said to output more lithium-ion batteries than the entire world’s capacity today. When fully operational in 2020, these two plants alone will triple global li-ion battery production capacity, and that's not accounting for the largest electric vehicle battery supplier today,LG Chem , who broke ground on their own Chinese gigafactory in late 2014.

BYD opened two manufacturing plants in Southern California in 2013 to produce both electric buses for public transportation and batteries.

The company shocked many in 2003 when it launched its automotive business and has since become one of China's most successful automakers. Outside of China, however, it has focused on selling buses rather than cars.

BYD plans to deploy 70 megawatt hours of projects in that market in the United States this year, and has another 130 MWh of projects in its U.S. pipeline.
It has already deployed 40 MWh of projects in North America with customers including Chevron Corp and Duke Energy Corp.

:)

PS these guys focusing on Lithium now however they hold Nickel projects which are being drilled at some point (so hopefully when nickel rebounds we have a nice asset to attach to Lithium which looks like we have the biggest landholding of Lithium in Aussie - happy to be corrected ??) ) and have STRONG MANAGEMENT- as this thread is very old , but im sure most of you have figured this out for yourselves lol :)