PDA

View Full Version : Copper Strike - CSE

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
This is one that I'd not heard of before this morning: check out today's announcement - then today's price rise. Small number of shares on offer - small cap, and a minerals hit potentially worth hundreds of million at good grades.

I'm in.

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh baby.

David Hardman
02-03-2005, 12:19 PM
WOW!

Packer with the golden touch!!!

Up 83%!!!

Well done mate!

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 12:21 PM
He he. Gotta make up for all the duds.

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 02:08 PM
S*it. This will pay a few bills.

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry, should have more informative posts: I'll put up some news reports on it when they come in late today or tomorrow. Don't really want to pump it, as I'm not into that sort of thing - always recommend you do your own research.

Having said that it looks as if it could have some legs. (!)

Cooper
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
****. Nice catch.

Packersoldkidney
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Big hits for Copper Strike

http://www.miningnews.net/storyview.asp?storyid=35293&sectionsource=s0

Hey, sorry for those who missed out - if I you could carry a big siren with yers and one with me - and we all had a button to press to set them off - only to be sounded when there's a screaming buy in the market! Get to your computers - call your broker! Buy buy buy!

Lucky I picked it up, got in at an average of......aaah, won't write it because it could sound like I'm rubbing it in.

Cooper
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I move like a sloth into these ones POK... the only way I would have picked it up is if you'd told me two days ago.... just how I do it. Doesn't stop me from being impressed at your little bonanza though!

Packersoldkidney
03-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Suspect there will be some volatility in this one for a while - good trading!

whiteheron
04-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Packers-----------

Are you able / willing to divulge how you get early warning on such matters , good or bad

It seems that you may have a pretty good source that I dont have

I am interested in Exchange Traded Options like DEGO , EXSO , MEEOA , MICO , MMNO etc, especially on getting my hands on them at issue by buying up the head shares to secure an entitlement ( later selling the head shares to be left carrying the options at little or no cost ), but in most cases I dont manage to catch up to the action until it is too late

Any help that you may be able to give will be much appreciated

Good trading

Packersoldkidney
04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey, Mr Heron.

You'll find that you can get a warning of a potential trade if you have the right computer software and the right broker service: if you've got it set up correctly you should get a warning of a potential trade. In this case CSE had opened up substantially higher than the previous day's close - one of my 'screens' brought it to my attention relatively early in the day - and thus I was able to do some quick research and make a snap decision to buy.

This is not to say that such a system is infalliable - sometimes you can jump on something that has finished its run within half an hour of open and is headed down for the rest of the day. The emphasis after the initial warning is to do some research and weigh up if the company will continue to appreciate in price throughout the day.

I suggest you talk to your broker and/or research some of the off the shelf software packages available to traders. I might even start a thread on it this weekend so some of the more experience traders on here can give you some ideas. (don't count myself as experienced - but I'm learning quickly)

Research is also very important for any trader/investor - that's another thing I pride myself on - I try to stay ahead of the pack by putting in hours of research. And that includes last night when I was up to all hours researching various opportunities - unfortunately though the research I was undertaking was unrelated to the sharemarket. Last night I was researching the different alcoholic consistencies of various lagers and ales, and also that of vodka and rum, and this morning I have a bangin' headache.

Scuse me I have to lie down.

whiteheron
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi there Packers---------

Hope you are feeling better after a lie down
Sounds like some pretty serious product testing there old chap

Thanks for your response

I have been trading through ASB Securities online system --- it is okay but seems to lack the sophistication of some of the top sites
I have in the last couple of weeks opened an account with E-Trade and I am still working my way through the various features that they provide --- some of them look pretty good from what I have seen so far

I dont currently use any off the shelf software and would be most interested in finding out from users which ones are most recommended and what their good and bad points are
I get quite a lot of free info e-mailed to me and I chase up a lot of stuff via the internet
Research , research , research is my motto --- I do a lot of it to , as you say , stay
ahead of the pack

I have been trading for just on three years now and have learned heaps , but I still consider myself very much a learner

Your idea of starting a thread on this sounds pretty good to me
Go for it
Hopefully we can all learn something

Cooper
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
The market seems like it's being a little cautious with this one after the rise, POK... taking in the value of what seems to have been found but ignoring whatever else there may be. Are you still in? Looking at picking a few up.

Packersoldkidney
05-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Hey, Cooper. Sold half of my stake on the way up of the initial spike. I think its still got legs - but they won't be drilling for a while yet at Einasleigh, so perhaps there may be some continued weakness judging by the price action over the last few days.

Obviously the closer to drilling the more likely it will be that the co. will appreciate in value; it still has a very low market cap with not many shares on issue, so I think at some stage it will run again, though perhaps not in the dramatic fashion we saw during the middle of the week.

Packersoldkidney
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
This might be worth keeping an eye on with copper seemingly going to be hot again this year.

Disc: accumulating.

bull....
29-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe hotting up, Investor presentation seems to have caught the eye of a few people.
Technicals improving.

soulman
28-02-2012, 07:51 PM
A boomer today for CSE and SYR. CSE owns approx 10% of SYR. SYR has been on fire since the start of the year. Wished I had LT mindset on both stocks.

Anyone enjoying this?

soulman
24-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Graphite stocks making a comeback the last few days, with the likes of SYR spuring them on. SYR shares almost doubled yesterday on a frenzy and their biggest shareholders CSE doing alright too.

AXE, MOX and MGY catching on as well.