PDA

View Full Version : C'mon you clowns: Barra Resources: BAR

Packersoldkidney
09-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Surely there was someone on this who bought them before today? Can't you post and let us shower you in glory, praising the superlative excellence of your stock picking skills?

I had to settle for scraps late in the day - and will be looking at the options tomorrow if it starts to gather momentum. I wasn't the goose who bought in at 17.5. You only ever do that once. (!) That guy is probably the real clown.

I thought someone would have started a thread on this, surely, given today's rise, and was waiting for it, so I could post away. Looks like you've forced my hand.

Will probably open at 7 or something tomorrow, and I'll live up to this thread's title.

newz
10-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Diamond miner Reefton also showing belated signs of life.
No announcement.
Maybe they're considering some underwater vacuuming of the offshore leases?
Best wishes, Newz

Packersoldkidney
10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Slugged! Looks like I'm the one with the red nose, the multi coloured hair, and the big feet. Ahhh, well. I think I can make it up this afternoon.

Cooper
10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm sure the performance of cmr will more than make up for the egg on your face, krusty...

Packersoldkidney
10-03-2005, 03:33 PM
he he. BAS is doing it for me too.

Packersoldkidney
10-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Thank you OMC. Before anyone asks - look at the Zircon thread on 'investment strategies' and you have your answer.

Packersoldkidney
10-03-2005, 05:31 PM
By the way, only got on OMC today at 69 and 70, and sold a short time ago. Made up for today's losses on BAR, anyway!

corporateraider
27-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Nothing much much happening here, or is there? The share price is about half of where it was when this thread strted in 2005. But recent action in the share price has been good.
There's an interesting little story here. The company owns a half share in what they expect to be the world's 4th biggest cobalt producing mine. And while nothing is happening quickly its certainly one to watch for the patient investor.

Disc: Disappointed that I didn't follow my hunch to buy a whole heap more.

corporateraider
07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
It seems from the continued price appreciation that a number of people like the story behind this one. Good JORC resource. Much more to come?

Discl: Hold enough to be happy because of the significant price increase

trackers
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
was trolling through recent announcements a few days ago and found this one... Maybe worth a look.

recent drilling: http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BAR&E=ASX&N=570010

mining recommencement (check out the hits at depth): http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BAR&E=ASX&N=556900

annual report. Note their main project Mt Thirsty COBALT-NICKEL-MANGANESE has IGV of $6bil: http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BAR&E=ASX&N=562485

Market cap is $10mil.. Lots of shares on issue which is a worry but no chatter on HC.

The recommencement of mining with partner and shareholder FMR looks really interesting.. will be interesting to see if FMR's mill is used and whether this comes out of the expenses before profit is divvied

yabster
05-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Trackers

see they just did a spp @ 3 cents recently - to raise $750k - so must be short of cash.

Options also some ex at 10 cents some at 65.

If they can get cashflow from gold production (suppose to be early 2012) and find a partner for cobalt/nickel project (seem to have been looking for a few years) it could be a a goer.

Any idea around production cost (lost 3 million when the gold price was $850 years back) and debt?

trackers
05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
No idea, but in their latest BRR they said that they would have made $10mil instead of losing $3mil if production was now (even given the wrong mining method was used).

What I want to know is whether the ore is going through FMR's mill and if so, whether there are charges for this applied against the costs, or whether its just straight costs... This could be a very interesting low tonnage high grade operation that could return significantly more than the market cap over the next year or two (but then the question becomes, what are they going to do with the proceeds?)