PDA

View Full Version : Metastock default periodicity

ruethewhirl
19-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I have set up a default template in Metastock, with the periodicity set to weekly.

Whenever I open a new security, the periodicity defaults to daily.

How do I force the periodicity to weekly?

This is very frustrating because I have to manually change the periodicity to weekly on every chart I open, then hit save.

Please help.

Stock Man
21-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi RTW,

When you choose "Apply Template" a box will appear listing all your templates. At the bottom of the "Apply Template" box is a radio button called 'Use templates periodicity'. Ensure that this is checked/ticked. This will resolve your problem.

Rgds

ruethewhirl
26-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Stock Man,

Thanks for the reply - and yes - doing what you
said works - for every other templates except
the default!

I'm talking about the situation when you are
opening a security for the very first time, and
the default template is applied to the security.

In that case it always displays as daily.

I'm not actually applying the default template
myself - Metastock is applying the default
template because thats what it does by design.

So, I never get to see the "Apply periodicity"
checkbox.

Any other ideas?

Stock Man
29-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi RTW,

Yes another idea.

The default template is named DEFAULT.MWT and it is stored beneath the MetaStock program folder (i.e., c:\Program Files\equis\metastock\charts) along with your other templates. This means that the default template can be applied at any time just like a regular template.

For example, you could change the default template so that candlesticks and a moving average are always plotted when a new chart is created.
To quickly make the information in the currently selected chart the default template, right-click on the chart and choose Save as Default Template.

1. Choose New from the File menu. Choose Chart.
2. Double-click any security or chart listed in the dialog.
3. Make the desired changes to the chart.
4. Right-click on the chart and choose Save as Default Template from the shortcut menu.

You could always rename the default.mwt to ensure that it is creating your newly created default template. (YOu will need to check the timestamps to verify)

Hope this helps