PDA

View Full Version : ILU Iluka

winner69
24-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Anybody in this

Due to announce Thursday - expected NPAT $80-90M. This forecast was down on earlier expectations because of the strengthening A$

Will be interested to see if this forecast is met seeing A$ has continued to rise.

Price has been channel bound over the last year or so but last few days price activity has been positive and getting near the top of that price channel.

Good result and 460 looks first stop up (not too bad from 430 today), Bad result and 400 looks reasonably solid support.

Whatever future largely depends on A$ - if it weakens and the cuurent strong demand for titanium related products continues than ILU is well placed to benefit over the next year or so.

Waiting for Thusday

Lawnmower
25-02-2004, 01:48 PM
ILU has been in my long term portfolio for some years, never thought anyone here followed it, co with good earnings, dividend, basin minerals project still on target, always trades below brokers valuations, given demand from China I'm picking a fairly good result despite AUD hurting them.

winner69
28-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Result came in the middle of expected range but it was the comment that if they the same result in 2004 it will have been a good year seemed to bring out the negative sentiment in many.

Current profitability definitely hurt by strong A$.

If you believe that the $A will drift down against the US$ over the next few years than ILU will do very well. More historical levels of profitability will be complemented by the operational savings starting to come through and a royalty stream coming on stream soon from a BHP operation.

Could see the price drift even lower but ILU is definitely one to be on when the cycle starts going their way.

Only on a pe of 12 now so with profits liely to be much higher some time in the next year or so good gains could be made - just a matter of timing entry. Probably not next week but some time in the next six months or so.

winner69
19-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Like most resources plenty of action lately ... but the positives have been around takeover rumours and the recent zirconian finds rather than the underlying performance of ILU

That does remain strong so even though the share price is at all time highs and approaching 600 no reason not to expect some more good action over the next few months or so

Maybe that takeover might eventuate

kura
19-12-2004, 09:32 PM
What I like about Zircon, is there isn't an economical way of recyling the stuff. (more production) however ILU has made recent discovery in SA (sorry forgot name) so not all price action from takeover theory.

Disc Also hold AZC (Start up player)

k1w1
20-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Is zircon the same thing that ATR mines ?

winner69
20-06-2005, 10:01 AM
... and all that talk coming to fruition

Today should be a good day for Iluka holders

winner69
21-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Half year ann disappointed a few to start with but the price picked up a bit of lost ground the last few days

Most things seem on track and if they carry on like this Tio2 might be the second string to their bow after zircon.

Making more monies from the mining, still collecting that royalty stream from BHP and with a bit of pricing strength still a fair bit left in this yet.

Also may still be a strong possibility of a takeover ... even though Packer and his mates may have other ideas

Some analyst reports for what they are worth have ILU at over $10 .... 29% more than it is now

brettdale
22-08-2008, 09:32 PM
massive volume going through today in ILU

somethings up

NAB just recently took a 5.1% position

hehehehe buy on rumour sell on fact.

Fred114
30-09-2012, 12:04 PM
ILU good buying again? Strong fundamentals....good profit streams from BHP.....

Joshuatree
18-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I consider ILU a real bellwether stock as far as the overall health of mkts are concerned ; its a rough indicator of demand etc(e.g. for tiles for floors for apartments)). Results today show way less debt; free cash flow of $196 mill. Loss of $62 million odd included an impairment charge $86 mill odd. and a div. This is a best in breed stock in the sands mkt and worth keeping an eye on.

trader_jackson
18-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Lets bring ILU back into the spotlight!
Long term I think its a good stock to own... (good management, good product)
(I also think its in the phase of a turn around)

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/iluka-resources-halfyear-profit-rises-74pc-20150817-gj0v0s.html
(http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/iluka-resources-halfyear-profit-rises-74pc-20150817-gj0v0s.html)

Joshuatree
01-03-2016, 11:48 PM
$5.26 to $7.13 in less than a month!! The world is coming right , gold is jumping though and oil too mmmmhhh.

kura
17-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Probably my favorite mining stock, that is too boring to talk about.
I liked their comment on market decline "...we will preserve our margins rather than our sales volumes" pity iron ore miners didn't have same attitude.

trader_jackson
18-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Yes I do like it very much, although I am still sitting at a relatively small capital loss. Very solid management, and a big player in a small (but increasing in size) market (so they are able to preserve margins)... nice to see someone brought the forum back into attention!

kura
18-03-2016, 05:48 PM
While it will probably take years to develop, ILU has a chunk of this company with it's "potential game changing technology "
http://www.metalysis.com/strategy
https://next.ft.com/content/1d008896-d561-11e5-8887-98e7feb46f27

trader_jackson
20-04-2017, 09:01 PM
It has been a while folks... Finally a good production report released today, shows this company is finally delivering on what they have been talking about for quite a while... markets stabilising, demand improving and prices strengthening. Taken a year or so, but we are finally beginning to see things 'roar' back... hopefully a nice dividend will be able to be paid next time.:t_up: