PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood (FWD)

ASXIOU
03-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Has been getting smacked over last few days. Speeding ticket infers March quarter results may be worse than expected and holders are obviously selling before firm announcement. Anyone care to forecast how bad it will be?

robbo
13-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Fleetwood..(FWD)

My thoughts are that Fleetwood (FWD) is a BUY at these prices....

See, IMO ... another 25% approx Share Price potential increase, for Fleetwood (FWD) over next 6-7 weeks....

Regards

Robbo :)

mark100
09-03-2011, 02:39 PM
This market darling has copped it the past few days since going ex dividend. Went 'ex' a 32 cent dividend and is now down $2.30 (17%) in 5 trading days. Looks oversold and due a bounce

drillfix
09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Oversold is an understatement there Mark.

Man, what a fall~!

The 60 minute MACD will give you a good sign for re-entry should you hold or wish to get in. Currently ly we have some side ways movement and what may eventuate as a bounce off $11.00 being a new floor (on the hourly).

Should macd histogram and signal lines start to cross you could very easily see a bounce.

Watch for the move if the XAO starts flattening out towards End of Day.

Good luck with that to you or any other holders of FWD.

soulman
09-03-2011, 04:40 PM
This market darling has copped it the past few days since going ex dividend. Went 'ex' a 32 cent dividend and is now down $2.30 (17%) in 5 trading days. Looks oversold and due a bounce

Mark, I noticed FWD took on debt to buy a modular coy for quite a few dough. That happen a few months ago. For a while now FWD have no to little debt and now they have quite a figure on their balance sheet. Maybe, the market is judging that the acquisition might not pay off.

mark100
09-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Soulman, on their latest accounts I have Net Debt/Equity as 4.7% so I don't think the debt can explain a 17% drop in days. Although I agree that a debt funded acquisition might cause a de-rating by the market. I got a few at $11.03 with a stop at the days low of $10.85. The ASX reverse speeding ticket seems to have calmed the market a bit so I will let this ride until tomorrow and see if it can bounce a bit higher

mark100
09-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Have noticed a similar drop in another market darling, DTL. And it hasn't gone ex div yet (tomorrow). Perhaps the first sign of the market heading for the exits?

Some parts of the market are definietly ripe for profit taking. In the past week and a half I have reduced my equity exposure by a third mainly as insurance in case the Middle East goes more crazy.

But in the case of FWD I thought it had fallen too far too fast. DTL also worth keeping an eye on especially if it gets knocked hard going ex div. I find when the market is nervous like it is now you often see a lot of liquidity dry up in the small/mids caps and then automatic stop losses kick in which puts a stock in freefall. Often a good time for a trade

soulman
10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Soulman, on their latest accounts I have Net Debt/Equity as 4.7% so I don't think the debt can explain a 17% drop in days. Although I agree that a debt funded acquisition might cause a de-rating by the market. I got a few at $11.03 with a stop at the days low of $10.85. The ASX reverse speeding ticket seems to have calmed the market a bit so I will let this ride until tomorrow and see if it can bounce a bit higher

Looks like a nice trade so far Mark.

Maybe this statement from their half yearly report just got investors attention lately. The old post announcement drift theory.

While the interim dividend has been maintained at a conservative level, subject to
profitability of the company and capital expenditure opportunities that may arise, the
directors will reconsider dividend policy in light of the contribution from BRB Modular for
the final dividend for 2011.

steve fleming
24-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Down 50% in a week - anyone interested?

Difficult to see the growth drivers here with Karrattha in trouble and Gladstone looking unlikely. And i can't see caravans generating a whole lot of growth either.

So a large multiple de-rating in progress.

NZSilver
25-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Is now silly reduction in price, not much growth potential though and I guess things could get worse, hence the sell down. if I had spare cash I would be tempted to buy, others thoughts? Could go lower?

macduffy
28-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Despite the worsening outlook for FWD's mining sector business, the company has a sizeable business in leisure caravans and claims to also be involved in relocatable/prefabricated accommodation for the education and business sectors. I haven't been able to find out how much these sectors contribute to FWD's revenue/profits. Does anyone have a feel for this? Not suggesting that these businesses aren't also being affected but FWD is more than just a mining services coy.

Disc: Not holding but could be interested when the SP finds a bottom.