PDA

View Full Version : IOH - Iron Ore Holdings

Moonshine
11-05-2005, 01:29 PM
After a spectacular debut yesterday (issue price of 20c, closed at 40c), a little correction for this prospective Iron Ore stock this morning... currently at 36c.

Still,... the buy side is stacked with larger orders, and the sell side is kinda thin!

IOH's tenements look very interesting as they are all very close to Massive proven reserves in the shape of BHP and RIO.

Definately one to watch as they get their act together and start drilling.

Moonshine
11-08-2005, 12:22 AM
OK... from a trading range of 40c since my last post, this share closed today at 82c today amid strong buying from current holders...

No news released yet, but surely this astronomic rise can't keep going unabated??

Moonshine
23-08-2005, 11:56 AM
If anyone can explain why IOH is NOW trading at $1.15, up almost 50% in the last 2 weeks, and up 600% since issue 3 months ago?

I am at a loss... and the speeding ticket issued on the 9/08/2005 yielded nothing from the company itself?

Cheers,

Moonshine

corporateraider
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
It surprises me that this stock has passed under the radar of most. It has a resource similar in size to GIR, but has a much lower market capitalisation. I will write more as time permits, but I see real legs for the share price.

Disc: Have a good number but would love more

corporateraider
12-08-2010, 06:42 PM
The company has a JORC resource of 300 Mt and has significant upgrades due for two of their tenements in this quarter.

For the last 8 months RIO had an exclusive agreement to buy the largest of the company's resouces at Iron Valley. As it became less likely that anything would happen the share price fell away.

Concurrently RIO was negotiating with IOH to buy ore from Phils Creek. The time frame on that has also passed, but negotiations still continue. A successful outcome of these negotiations would provide cashflow that would help the company develop and probably an immediate boost to the share price.

Even if this doesn't happen IOH has a very significant resource in the Pilbara with a very strong indication of more to come.

Disc: Hold both GIR and IOH and they seem equally exciting prospects..

corporateraider
14-08-2010, 12:47 PM
The more that you look at the numbers the better this looks.

In my last post I said 300MT - THE NUMBER IS ACTUALLY 400MT.

The market cap is currently only 220 mill.

There are only 135mill shares and 4.7mill options most of which are currently being exercised and making cash available for exploration.

Cash on hand is currently around 17mill.

The share price seems well supported at current levels.

I see big, big appreciation is possible for this share price before the end of the year.

And just as another point of interest, Kerry Stokes, one of Oz's richest men holds 51% of the company.

If you thought CFE was a great iron ore play (and I don't) have a look at this one -on every measurable aspect it stacks up better!

corporateraider
17-08-2010, 05:58 PM
The price continues to be well supported at current levels.

The company has a wide range of projects. There are with current JORC resource"
Iron Valley 240
Phils Creek 62
Buckland Hill 48
Boundary 26
Fingers 23

Two more targets have been identified at Bucklands.
At Boundary there will be more drilling by years end.
At Fingers the current resource is the result of limited drilling and more drilling is due shortly.

All projects are close to current infrastructure.

corporateraider
22-08-2010, 05:23 PM
A victory for the Coalition will do great things for the iron ore sector. Fingers crossed!

I believe that a Labour victory is already factored into share prices.

corporateraider
25-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Another very significant resource upgrade today so that the JORC resource now stands at 463MT.
And yet the market cap is only 186M!!!!
This stock is unloved by the market, but on fundamentals is amazingly cheap. There are other stocks with larger resources (FMS) that are cheaper, but this company is starting to be re-rated.
It seems only a matter of time for IOH.

Note that another significant upgrade is du in the Eastern Area.

corporateraider
28-08-2010, 02:27 PM
The Ocean Equities latest report on the IOH website is well worth a read. It talks of IOH's significantly expanding resource in the Pilbara, so that very rapidly IOH will overtake AQA as the fifth largest resource.
With the good grades that it has it could well be the subject of takeover, or it seems that infrastrure options may be available to allow production.
It seems no one wants to bid until the future regarding the resource tax is determined.

corporateraider
30-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Nice little move upwards today of 8% on a very small volume of only 62,000 shares. Am tempted -very tempted- to buy some more. It's at times like this that a little TA knowledge would be useful.

corporateraider
31-08-2010, 07:04 PM
From the Ocean Equities Report
"While the Eastern Area of the Bungaroo South deposits has an existing resource of only 14.76Mt @ 58.07% Fe, it has a greater target zone than the Western Area. We believe the results of the current drilling programme will support a resource upgrade of ~100Mt which will bring defined resources at Bungaroo South to ~200Mt (which is still open) and IOH’s total high grade resource inventory to +500Mt."

Actually the number will be closer to 550MT! This upgrade is likely in Oct.

And there is still another upgrade pending from Iron Valley.

This stock appeals as way too cheap.

corporateraider
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
The stock was up 5.7% today on slightly better volume. There seems to be staedy accumulation going on (apart from mine). More news is due this month that should give the price a further nudge.

corporateraider
22-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Excellent results continue to come from the Buckland Hills drilling.
The current total resource for IOH stands at 463 MT and an update is due in October. This should easily climb over 500MT and it would not surprise to see that number at 550MT.
Slow accumulation still seems to be occuring. I am still confident and am buying at these levels.
This is rapidly becoming the size of resource that others can't ignore. Compare in this respect with FMS and the solid appreciation in share price there recently.
The share price should present a nice Christmas for holders.

trackers
22-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi corporateraider, looks interesting - Know what the strike price of the oppies are by any chance?

corporateraider
22-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Trackers, it is 1.00.
I saw 11000 odd for sale this week at 60c, but dithered and missed them. A leveraged entry would be good!

corporateraider
25-09-2010, 04:34 PM
The trading pattern remained much the same for the week. Each morning it was sold down to around 152-3 and then pushed back up to around 158-160 by the end of the day.

There is plenty of news to come before the end of the year to give the share price impetus:
upgrade at Iron Valley
major upgrade at Bucklands
upgrade at Lambs Creek
upgrade at Koodaideri

Plus news on the talks with Rio re Iron Mountain
And news with talks with Rio re Phils Creek
I am no chartist and couldn't tell you whether there is dark cloud cover, or a cup and saucer is forming; but from a fundamentalist stance we are looking at a champagne bottle and popped cork.

corporateraider
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
A report from Fosters Broking that has belatedly been posted to the Iron Ore site sets a price target of $2.86. This report discusses much of the potential that this company has.
The company had indicated that it would release a revised resource for Iron Valley in September. We still await that. Significant other news is still awaited including a major upgrade to The Bucklands resource. The Fosters report indicates that the Eastern resource will be larger than the 90 odd mill tonnes already identified in the Western area.
The company is also progressing infrastructure options.
One thing this company does not do well is publicise itself. Its share register is noticably short of institutional investors and news flow is sparse.
Now seems a good time to get on board because a company that will have close to 600 MT of iron ore within the next month won't stay unnoticed for long.

upside_umop
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
corporateraider, interested in iron ore but i don't know a lot about it. i know its productive, unlike gold :t_up:

i usually like to keep to fundamental plays, but can't help but not noticing these numbers. 600 MT at what, over $100 a tonne means the resource value is circa $60 billion?

what are iron ore companies usually priced at for reserves?

i know there are a lot of other considerations, such as infrastructure etc but just after a general idea, as you seem best placed to know.

cheers

corporateraider
19-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Are we off?

corporateraider
25-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Looks like it!

corporateraider
04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
There continues to be good price appreciation here. It looks as though there is very slow and steady accumulation occuring.
The resource has now been confirmed at 594 MT. (There is a rough rule of thumb that an in ground resource is valued at $1.20 per MT.)
There is more good news to come with a significant upgrade from the Iron Valley prospect due. I still believe that only good things will happen from here and a medium term price target of $3 seems very achievable.

corporateraider
23-12-2010, 07:58 AM
There seems little interest in this money making venture but I continue to like it.
A llok at the chart on the Direct Broking site shows a steady upways move. As Mr P says why would you bail out on an uptrend
But for me its the fundamentals that do it. Now there is 600 mill odd tonnes of iron ore at a reasonably good grade and the distinct profit of more to come in the early new year.
Ore in the ground doesnt make anyone any money (unless its CFE and they dont have spectacular sucess) but with this much ore there are bound to be solutions. A transport solution for at least some of the ore already seems a strong possibility.
There are some heavy hitters on the Board and this will certainly open doors.
2011 shapes as an even better year!