PDA

View Full Version : DMP Dominos Pizza.

donnie
16-05-2005, 11:31 AM
It should be an interesting few weeks for dominos.[:p][:p][:p]

Anyone have any thoughts about the direction it will head in the next few month.

mark100
16-05-2005, 12:45 PM
If they give shareholder disounts I might be interested. Part of my staple diet!

tommy
16-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Lunch at their general shareholders' meeting surely will be freebie Dominos pizzas...

David Hardman
16-05-2005, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by tommy

Lunch at their general shareholders' meeting surely will be freebie Dominos pizzas...

Not if they want to keep the attendes as shareholders - Have you ever eaten Dominos pizza!

hero
16-05-2005, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by David Hardman

quote:Originally posted by tommy

Not if they want to keep the attendes as shareholders - Have you ever eaten Dominos pizza!

I agree DH. They're crap. Glad to see your lack of.... well, your recent loss... has not affected your judgement.

Hero

16-05-2005, 06:41 PM
No worse than Pitza Hut's

winner69
04-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Made it to 245 but struggling at around 240

Is this where the price will start to settle until more news comes out

donnie
02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
DMP skyrocketed up to $4.25 over the last 10 month, more to come no doubt. lets see what happens next.

donnie
21-08-2006, 05:36 PM
A good result considering they only make pizza's

MONDAY 21 AUGUST 2006

Domino’s Pizza’s full-year profit jumps 104%
Australian owned and operated Domino’s Pizza Australia New Zealand Ltd today unveiled a
$13 million net profit after tax for 2005-06, up 104.4% on the previous corresponding period.
The profit increase was the result of better-than-expected Same Store Sales growth, strong
performances from key markets, and the benefits of new technology and innovation.
The net profit for the 12 months ending 2 July 2006 was generated from total network sales
of $359.4 million, an increase of 17.4% on the previous year. Same Store Sales for the year
grew 4.3% on 2004-05.
During the year, Domino’s Pizza added 51 stores to its network, ending the period with 438
stores across Australia and New Zealand. This figure was 20 stores more than the original
IPO forecast.
On 3 July 2006, the Company became the master franchisor for Domino’s Pizza Belgium,
France, the Netherlands and the Principality of Monaco. These markets currently have 155
stores and will make their first profit contribution in 2007-08.
Domino’s Pizza Chairman Ross Adler said the Company would pay shareholders a final fullyfranked
dividend of 6.8 cents per share. This represents an increase of 28.2% over the total
dividend for 2006 forecast in the prospectus.
The dividend will be paid on 29 September 2006 with a record date of 11 September 2006.
A Dividend Reinvestment Plan has been activated.
Mr Adler said the store roll-out now continued across five countries, with the Company due to
open its 600th store in the coming months.

“With the addition of the European markets, the Company now has a store expansion target
of more than 1,600 stores world-wide,” he said.
During 2006-07 in Australia and New Zealand, Domino’s Pizza Australia New Zealand Ltd
expects Same Store Sales to increase by 2.6%, with 40 new stores added to the network.
The recently-purchased European markets will make their first profit contribution in 2007-08.
European market Same Store Sales are expected to climb 12% over the next 12 months as
the proven business model used in Australia and New Zealand is adopted. An additional 20
new stores will also be added to the European network.
Domino’s Pizza Australia New Zealand Ltd CEO Don Meij said the Company had proven its
ability to drive sales over the past 12 months, and had developed a program of new
initiatives to ensure continued growth in the year ahead.
“Most importantly, we are launching a new image for our Domino’s Pizza stores. This image,
called Vision 2020, will give our new and refurbished stores a more colourful, fresh and eyecatching
look from the end of 2006. It will then be rolled-out across all stores over the next
seven years,” he said.
“Following on from the recent success of new menu items, our research and development
kitchen continues to work on exciting new products to extend our menu and entice additional
customers. This is being complemented by customers increasingly using our mobile phone
and internet ordering systems.
“As at 2 July 2006, mobile phone orders accounted for 21% of all store calls – up 5% over
the past six months alone. At year end, internet ordering was also live in half of our stores
and Phase Two of our internet ordering system has since been launched, including the
Anticipation Clock which allows customers to track their order through the making, cooking
and delivery stages.
“We have also established Domino’s Service and Supply to in-source the purchase and
maintenance of equipment for all our Australian stores. This is expected to be a future profit
centre for the business.”
Domino’s Pizza Australia New Zealand Ltd is Australia’s only publicly-listed pizza company
and is the master franchisor for the Domino’s Pizza brand in Australia, New Zealand, France,
Belgium and the Netherlands. Across these markets, the Company and its franchisees
operate 595 stores. In Australia, the 440 stores employ more than 11,000 staff and make
more than 50 million pizza

robbo
21-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Dominoes..

Hi all healthy Pizza lovers,

THE Pizza, in: -- (The BOX) ..... -- With the Dots .... (DMP)

Yep, (DMP) Report looks even better than a Supreme ... and dare I say, ..... even nearly as good as a Super Supreme with Egg, & extra mushrooms & onions ....

... And, of course;
a nice couple of Crownies to wash err down.[:p][:p]

Would say that this DMP Result, for the end of F/Year, was imo, so far, one of the Reporting Seasons High note, Highlights.....

btw, here is a (DMP) tit bit ....

Guess where Dominoes Pizzas have diverted a large chunk of their Advertising Campaign Dollars this last year ... ??

... Answer: Online Advertising !......:)

errr ..... and you all know by now; .... that life is ...
never a B***** ch .... when Dominoes in fact, now advertise...

.... with E........ ;);)

Well done and a Good One. .... >> to all Dominoes Holders...[^]:)

Kindest Regards,

Robbo :)

steve fleming
23-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Page 3 of the SMH, i see that Domino's have been caught out by the ACCC misleading consumers...it had claimed that all it's pizza dough was made fresh daily in store, when in fact some of it is made off-premises and frozen!

The last line in the apolosy read -"In future Domino's will ensure that any representations it makes are totally correct" - how good of them!

donnie
19-02-2007, 04:33 PM
OOPS 46.2% fall in profit, probably just hit a little speed hump to fast.

Domino's books 46.2% fall in profit
19/02/2007 By: Zachary Corones

Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited (DMP) said its first half net profit dropped 46.2% to $3.5 million. The result was not totally unexpected after the company announced its first quarter profit was $1.2 million below budget due to poor-performing sales promotions in Australia.

Advertisement

However, the company said it expected to kick the downturn in profit, saying it was targeting a 40% increase in the second half.

Revenue for the half year to December rose 36.4% to $118.1 million from $86.6 million, boosted by the company's expansion into Europe.

The company also reported same store sales for the period rose 3.2%.

CEO Don Meij said the half-year result reflected the forecasted impact of the European expansion and the poor Australian first quarter performance as announced in October 2006.

Mr Meij added that while Australian same store sales growth had been weak, European same store sales growth was 12.5%.

"The New Zealand market continues to be a strong performer and the European market is tracking better than planned, expecting to make its first profit contribution in 2007-08," he said.

Domino's entered the European market in May last year buying the pizza operation of Domino's Pizza Inc. in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

The company is continuing its store roll out program across five countries and expects to have 668 stores operating by 30 June 2007, Mr Meij said.

The group currently operates 645 stores, including 395 in Australia, 62 in New Zealand, 101 in France, 12 in Belgium and 75 in the Netherlands.

The company declared an interim dividend of 4.1c a share, unchanged from the same period a year ago.

By 1425 AEDT, shares in Domino’s were 38c, or more than 10% lower at $3.27.

winner69
19-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Love the way some companies build up the hopes ...

.... like todays ann DMP says that second half NPAT will be 40% higher than first half

WOW WOW some increase eh

But it will be 25% less than the same period last year .... and look at the huge sales increases coming through

Even after todays fall DMP priced with a lot of good news to come ... sometime ..... on still 24 times this years forecast earnings

The shareprice bounced back after it took a hammering after a surprise profit warning in October .... but another gloomy story after all the hype stories about Europe etc might be a bit hard to take for some this time around

The believers will stay in .... but a bit rsiky to get into at the moment with more potential downside

COLIN
03-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Time to revive this thread, I think, given the solid performance of DMP these days. Chart looks good. FY2010 NPAT revised upwards, more Belgian outlets purchased. Their presentation to the JP Morgan Emerging Companies Conference is worth a read.

I know that we should now be moving away from defensive companies, at this stage in the cycle, but for those like me who still have some reservations about RBD, I believe that DMP offers better prospects and will maintain its upward momentum for some time to come. People are not going to flock back to cafes and expensive restaurants, any time soon.

Interesting to note the strong buying interest, with few sellers.

(Please wait until I place my buy order in the morning, before lodging yours, folks. I was here first!)

Huang Chung
03-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I see that the debt levels of individuals in Australia is now greater than our annual GDP.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/28/2781624.htm

Brakes will have to come on sometime soon, which should see DMP well positioned to provide cheap fare you don't have to prepare yourself.

Now if only they could make a decent pizza :(.....

The Reject Shop (TRS) should also do well for similar reasons.

winner69
01-07-2014, 09:16 PM
One of the stars of the ASX200 last 12 months - up 97%

Only beaten by a couple of resource stocks

Hope you made a killing Colin

baller18
08-04-2015, 04:42 PM
whoaaaa!!!!!
Has been on my watchlist close to 2 years ago, never acted! sighsss

Stranger_Danger
08-04-2015, 06:12 PM
whoaaaa!!!!!
Has been on my watchlist close to 2 years ago, never acted! sighsss

Oh, I can top that.

DMP is quite possibly my single biggest investment mistake.

Knew the business, the industry. Massive respect for management. Fully understood the financials, all relevant facts.

Decided to wait to buy after the IPO as they were a little overvalued. That was at perhaps $2.80 a share.

Since then I've carefully avoided buying a single share. Today they're $37.00.

percy
08-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Oh, I can top that.

Knew the business, the industry. Massive respect for management. Fully understood the financials, all relevant facts.

Decided to wait to buy after the IPO as they were a little overvalued. That was at perhaps $2.80 a share.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry ???!!!!

dingoNZ
09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Oh, I can top that.

Their management is fantastic, very innovative and know the industry very, very well. Currently the SP is exceeding ALL broker targets, so I'll sit back and watch for now.

robbo24
18-06-2015, 08:37 AM
The company with the ticker code that sounds far less palatable than the pizzas they produce (or not, say some) has made it to the ASX100: http://www.marketindex.com.au/sites/default/files/announcements/rebalance/2015-rebalance-june.pdf

:D

winner69
08-02-2016, 07:14 PM
See DMP got a speeding ticket re its 20% decline lat week or so.

Seems many investors are just taking their profits on stocks with lofty valuations, worried that hose expectations might not be met.

Been a few like that lately