PDA

View Full Version : BOW (Bow Energy)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Tok3n
02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Why the sudden spike today?

Does the Petronas deal suggest higher long tern gas prices are here to stay?

bermuda
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Why the sudden spike today?

Does the Petronas deal suggest higher long tern gas prices are here to stay?

Because SHELL has taken a bite at ARROW... and ARROW are in BOW's heart.

CSG, the Mother of all M/A

Watch out for VPE/ VPEO

srowe
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Is RPM more connected to all of this than VPE? They have definitely flown higher today in pecentage terms

shasta
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Is RPM more connected to all of this than VPE? They have definitely flown higher today in pecentage terms

RPM sold there 10% interest in Don Juan in exchange for BOW shares.

Piggybacking on BOW?

VPEO up 20% today though

Paddie
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
What can I say other than "OUTSTANDING"

Paddie

bermuda
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
RPM sold there 10% interest in Don Juan in exchange for BOW shares.

Piggybacking on BOW?

VPEO up 20% today though

Hi Shasta,
It wasnt RPM that sold. It was a private group called Roma.

I just hope everyone has a look at the PES performance and realise that we are in for a big party.

shasta
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi Shasta,
It wasnt RPM that sold. It was a private group called Roma.

I just hope everyone has a look at the PES performance and realise that we are in for a big party.

Thanks for the correction.

So its BOW 55% & VPE 45% in Don Juan?

Speeding ticket on the way for BOW? (currently 54.5c, up 11.5c)

bermuda
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the correction.

So its BOW 55% & VPE 45% in Don Juan?

Yes, and believe it or not these are better coals than Lacerta (SHG) which as you know is next door.

Wonder what British Gas are doing today.

Planning the Mother of all raids I would say.

Stay in here. We have only just started.

clearasmud
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
from memory the ultimate expected csg resources of bow/vpe walloon coals is far more than the 200bcf mentioned by bow recently.
More like 400 bcf+.
Can anybody else comment on this?

bermuda
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
from memory the ultimate expected csg resources of bow/vpe walloon coals is far more than the 200bcf mentioned by bow recently.
More like 400 bcf+.
Can anybody else comment on this?

I didnt realise that if you are declaring your reserves you are 'provisionally ' taxed in advance. I heard this at the conference ( cant remember the stock ) and then I realised what this 'downgrade was all about. Not that I doubted the 1 TCF figure anyway. That's a bit of a lie. 800 bcf for the field.

Beautiful eh.

If you are thinking of selling just think about what British Gas are thinking about right now.

tobo
04-06-2008, 08:25 AM
it was suggested on HC that pull-back might be manipulated by big boys, with small investors hitting stop-losses (their evidence: small volumes got the price down, then bigger trades at lower price).
Also, pretty-much everything on the ASX dropped yesturday (everthing that I watch anyway)

Still, huge gains in last week. (My first multi-bagger).
The story is still there

Tobo
Oil, gold...no pineapple lumps

Mysterybox
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Got in at 55cents today... whoops. >.>''
Will recover soon enough :)
Get to join in the BOW party now.

Rabbi
04-06-2008, 07:32 PM
You could have picked them up for 14c in August last year...no sorry , they did get as low as 10c. Obviously this CSG mania has put a rocket under the SP. Where will it all end? In tears? ;)

bermuda
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
You could have picked them up for 14c in August last year...no sorry , they did get as low as 10c. Obviously this CSG mania has put a rocket under the SP. Where will it all end? In tears?

Oh come on Rabbi, This is an INTERNATIONAL project with INTERNATIONAL prices and with an increasing INTERNATIONAL demand.

This is a 30 year plus project.

Just a little pup at the moment......and the oil prospects are pretty good too.

Cheers Mate. Just couldnt resist replying. As you know I am an avid BOW supporter. Havent they just had the best of weeks.This is the beauty of this game...we know before it happens!!!!

scorp57
04-06-2008, 11:03 PM
they will be out in full force for the next few months i hope. with some corrections along the way. 49.5c seems to be the low at the moment...

Rabbi
05-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Oh come on Rabbi, This is an INTERNATIONAL project with INTERNATIONAL prices and with an increasing INTERNATIONAL demand.

This is a 30 year plus project.

Just a little pup at the moment......and the oil prospects are pretty good too.

Cheers Mate. Just couldnt resist replying. As you know I am an avid BOW supporter. Havent they just had the best of weeks.This is the beauty of this game...we know before it happens!!!!

Yeah, just kicked myself I didn't get on when they languished at 18c at the start of this year. :mad:
put the money in PRC instead at 90c-$1-00 :D
Eyed up VPE but missed the boat there as well. Did too much window shopping on these.

mark100
12-06-2008, 04:13 AM
I didnt realise that if you are declaring your reserves you are 'provisionally ' taxed in advance. I heard this at the conference ( cant remember the stock ) and then I realised what this 'downgrade was all about. Not that I doubted the 1 TCF figure anyway. That's a bit of a lie. 800 bcf for the field.

Beautiful eh.

If you are thinking of selling just think about what British Gas are thinking about right now.

bermuda, are you saying they expect Don Juan to ultimately prove up around 800bcf? Do you know what sort of timeframe they expect? I'm aware they plan to prove up 200PJ (190bcf) by end of this year. I haven't been able to find any figures on this

shasta
17-06-2008, 06:28 PM
bermuda, are you saying they expect Don Juan to ultimately prove up around 800bcf? Do you know what sort of timeframe they expect? I'm aware they plan to prove up 200PJ (190bcf) by end of this year. I haven't been able to find any figures on this

Hudson-1 Update :confused:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=200342

Mysterybox
17-06-2008, 07:42 PM
=(

I think I couldn't of bought in at a worse time and price.
Oh well, only short term. External problem, time solution, no more risk? =)

Not worried..

macduffy
17-06-2008, 08:23 PM
=(

I think I couldn't of bought in at a worse time and price.
Oh well, only short term. External problem, time solution, no more risk? =)

Not worried..

If this refers to the weather problem at Hudson 1 I certainly wouldn't be worried. A minor blip in the overall scheme of things - Oil and gas companies encounter far worse problems than this!

Disc: Holding firm.

;)

Grand Uber
17-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if the shareprice drops over the three weeks they think it will be delayed.

Im watching for my entry into this one

shasta
23-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if the shareprice drops over the three weeks they think it will be delayed.

Im watching for my entry into this one

Carnarvon-1 update :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=200490

remy
23-06-2008, 07:49 PM
been watching this stock quite closley as well, has droped down to 40c seems quite a good entry point, or is this downward leg be likley to continue?

Dr_Who
24-06-2008, 07:49 AM
been watching this stock quite closley as well, has droped down to 40c seems quite a good entry point, or is this downward leg be likley to continue?

I have no idea, but BOW is now on my watchlist also. Waiting for a bottom to set in before I buy some.

Mysterybox
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
New Directors appointed:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?T=Hc0TVrZ2ldissI0Qd_5bTC&E=ASX&S=BOW&N=200805

macduffy
02-07-2008, 05:36 PM
New Directors appointed:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?T=Hc0TVrZ2ldissI0Qd_5bTC&E=ASX&S=BOW&N=200805

Not directors, but executives. Much more important!

Disc: Optimistically holding BOW.

;)

shasta
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM

;)

BOW to participate in two exploration wells this month

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=200810

bermuda
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM

;)

Exactly.

When a company with an exciting portfolio hires a new executive it is time to research the company.

But when they hire two, it's time to take note.

COLIN
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Exactly.

When a company with an exciting portfolio hires a new executive it is time to research the company.

But when they hire two, it's time to take note.
Bermuda: I always look forward to your soothing, reassuring contributions in this sector. But I have been disappointed to see the price drifting over recent days - including today, notwithstanding the "2 wells" and "senior exec appointments" announcements. Any idea why this should be?

Rif-Raf
02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Bermuda: I always look forward to your soothing, reassuring contributions in this sector. But I have been disappointed to see the price drifting over recent days - including today, notwithstanding the "2 wells" and "senior exec appointments" announcements. Any idea why this should be?

Ditto Colin Looking forward to Mr B's reply.

But all the CSG stocks have slid in the last few days. I think Cottee the CEO of QGC has been trying to talk the sector down which may have had an affect. However as he's just in the process of buying stakes in some of the small players to get acreage his comments would need to be taken with a grain of salt.

bermuda
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Ditto Colin Looking forward to Mr B's reply.

But all the CSG stocks have slid in the last few days. I think Cottee the CEO of QGC has been trying to talk the sector down which may have had an affect. However as he's just in the process of buying stakes in some of the small players to get acreage his comments would need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just taking a breather,
This is very good news. Ron is good, very good and knows so much. And remember it is his money ( and mine ) that he is playing with.

When QGC ( BG ) has to have a crack at RPM ( and why wouldnt you? ) , you have to realise that all is alive and well with CSG.

Stick with BOW.

shasta
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Just taking a breather,
This is very good news. Ron is good, very good and knows so much. And remember it is his money ( and mine ) that he is playing with.

When QGC ( BG ) has to have a crack at RPM ( and why wouldnt you? ) , you have to realise that all is alive and well with CSG.

Stick with BOW.

Hudson-1 Spuds

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=200959

Bow was @ 33c at time of posting, wow?

JackSprat
08-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Hudson-1 Spuds

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=200959

Bow was @ 33c at time of posting, wow?

All good news Shasta.
I am amazed that people aren't jumping aboard here, or maybe they're waiting for a big black column to come hurtling out of the ground or Bernecke to drop the FED rate another 3/4% :)
Hope u make it to the Nat. Convention by the way.

PS: Your avatar is looking prettier today. Is she not PM of Norway or somesuch??

BOW 34.5

shasta
08-07-2008, 03:14 PM
All good news Shasta.
I am amazed that people aren't jumping aboard here, or maybe they're waiting for a big black column to come hurtling out of the ground or Bernecke to drop the FED rate another 3/4% :)
Hope u make it to the Nat. Convention by the way.

PS: Your avatar is looking prettier today. Is she not PM of Norway or somesuch??

The lovely Yulia is the PM of Ukraine ;)

Will try & make it down for the August convention, too early to commit just yet.

BOW at 33c & VPE @ 21.5c is plain crazy :eek:

JackSprat
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Right, now the penny drops; just caught the scent of uranium.:)

BOW 34.5, VPE at 21.5 is buying time........... People are running scared thinking the skies going to fall a bit like Chicken Licken but so far its still up there.:D

JackSprat
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Take over bid for RPM, that's out of left field. This should put the cat amongst the pigeons:D:D:D!!!

shasta
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Take over bid for RPM, that's out of left field. This should put the cat amongst the pigeons:D:D:D!!!

Here's BOW's offer

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=201007

AMR
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Will QGC go after BOW itself for daring to step on Cottee's toes? Certainly out of left field!

JackSprat
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
What they'll have to do is put in a higher bid!!:D Good on RPM holders.

shasta
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Will QGC go after BOW itself for daring to step on Cottee's toes? Certainly out of left field!

Um would QGC really try & pull the wool over AOE's eyes?

Arent AOE behind BOW?

Nice bluff by BOW, will at least push up QGC's takeover price on RPM if nothing else.

What a master stroke, to offer scrip :D

Rabbi
09-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Pity the market didn't like it, but oilers seem to be out of favour this week, which would make the offer premium look good.

disc: NZO PRC BPT BCC BOW APX

shasta
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Pity the market didn't like it, but oilers seem to be out of favour this week, which would make the offer premium look good.

disc: NZO PRC BPT BCC BOW APX

Rabbi

The ann came after the market closed...

Wait & see what tomorrow brings!

JackSprat
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Exactly. Round 4pm. Watch this space tomorrow :D

mark100
10-07-2008, 01:36 AM
bermuda I'm assuming you like this deal? It enables you to roll your RPM and BOW holdings into one and maintain full exposure to any upside.

I see BOW has 10.2% of RPM, a blocking stake for QGC. Although QGC also have a blocking stake for the BOW bid. Maybe QGC should just come in and take them both out.

I sold half my BOW at 55.5 but unfortunately have watched the other half slide down to 30c. As a shareholder in BOW but not RPM I don't really think this is a great deal for BOW holders. Would be better if the BOW price was 50c to minimise the dilution.

STRAT
10-07-2008, 08:32 AM
bermuda I'm assuming you like this deal? It enables you to roll your RPM and BOW holdings into one and maintain full exposure to any upside.

I see BOW has 10.2% of RPM, a blocking stake for QGC. Although QGC also have a blocking stake for the BOW bid. Maybe QGC should just come in and take them both out.

I sold half my BOW at 55.5 but unfortunately have watched the other half slide down to 30c. As a shareholder in BOW but not RPM I don't really think this is a great deal for BOW holders. Would be better if the BOW price was 50c to minimise the dilution.Hi Mark I dont think Mr B will be happy about having is Roma soaked up by and diluting his BOW shares but I guess the fun is only starting :D

165mil BOW for 230mil RPM. is that about right?
BOW only have 150mil shares right now so thats a mother of a dilution and at todays price for BOW around 21.5c for RPM.

Dr_Who
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Do QGC have any holdings in BOW?

Who is the major shareholder of BOW?

STRAT
10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Rabbi

The ann came after the market closed...

Wait & see what tomorrow brings!Not too much I reckon Shasta when you consider what the BOW SP has been doing of late.

Rif-Raf
10-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Dilution is not really such an issue and for those that believe in the leverage upside of what both these companies offer then this seems like a good hand has just been played.

Dr_Who
10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Seems like BOW shareholders are not liking the merger.

bermuda
10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Seems like BOW shareholders are not liking the merger.

Everything is being smacked. And has been for some time. This recession could lead to depression. The USA has been covering up their shortfalls for so many years they have finally run out of paper to cover the cracks. Unfortunately they have nowhere to go.

I thought ( incorrectly ) that I could weather the storm with CSG but they have been battered too.

I do not trade, just sit and wait. BOW have some wonderful assets and if we can pick up RPM on the cheap so much the better....because one day we will have our time in the sun. Ron is building a far bigger company than a lot of people realise.

Obviously it would help to have Hudson come in but the drill bit will have to do the talking. I am hoping for a success rate of at least 3 out of the 7 Santos drills. At least I know that the price of oil is going to stay above $100 and that the price differential between oil and LNG will continue to narrow.

This CSG story is not going to go away. And BG still havent secured their gas.

I applaud BOW for having a go for RPM. I hope QGC dont counter offer as in a year or two the BOW 'purchase' of PL171 is going to look ridiculously cheap.

Dr_Who
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with you Bermuda.

I am actually keeping an eye on a few CSG stocks looking to add more to my CSG portfolio. Really dont know when it is a good time to buy in, but it is looking cheap. A few CSG stocks looking very cheap.

Mysterybox
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I think the majority planned on longterm holdings anyway :) lets see how this pans out.

Rabbi
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Market sentiment at the moment is very bearish, with the Dow Jones and the SP500 unable to sustain any sort of consistent rally. The bad news will keep coming in over the next few months, so it's time to battern down the hatches and weather the storm.

Long term BOW looks an outstanding prospect but at the moment patience will be :mad: required.

JackSprat
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
After a few wines and sitting at home here watching this game play out over this past week I've come to the conclusion that it's almost as exciting as The Crusaders attacking The Blues on a winters night. :D

The recent offers and counters offers and the overlapping play between top 20 holders all point toward an end play that will prove beneficial to all those holding BOW and RPM.

The big boys are going to attack from the front but I feel confident that BOW is going to win the day and get RPM because they have brains and tactics and as a consequence the lucrative CSG fields within the circumference of RPM permits.

If this happens and BOW becomes a major player in this huge competitive area of CSG and OIL development they will become a serious contender for increasing wealth and power equaling and even surpassing the competition.

I feel confident their campaign will prove successful.

Paddie
11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
After a few wines and sitting at home here watching this game play out over this past week I've come to the conclusion that it's almost as exciting as The Crusaders attacking The Blues on a winters night. :D

The recent offers and counters offers and the overlapping play between top 20 holders all point toward an end play that will prove beneficial to all those holding BOW and RPM.

The big boys are going to attack from the front but I feel confident that BOW is going to win the day and get RPM because they have brains and tactics and as a consequence the lucrative CSG fields within the circumference of RPM permits.

If this happens and BOW becomes a major player in this huge competitive area of CSG and OIL development they will become a serious contender for increasing wealth and power equaling and even surpassing the competition.

I feel confident their campaign will prove successful.

Agree Jack,

See my post on RPM.

I think that Ron Prefontaine from BOW is a sharp cookie, and that as a holder he will deliver better results for holders.

He also has a heap of shares himself.

Paddie

tricha
11-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Agree Jack,

See my post on RPM.

I think that Ron Prefontaine from BOW is a sharp cookie, and that as a holder he will deliver better results for holders.

He also has a heap of shares himself.

Paddie

Slick, Bow, wow, wow.

Snuck in and blocked a takeover

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=201065

shasta
14-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Slick, Bow, wow, wow.

Snuck in and blocked a takeover

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=201065

BOW operational update (why doesnt VPE follow suit?)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201108

Don Juan progressing nicely...

Hudson-1 with minor oil shows (& we arent at depth yet)

bermuda
14-07-2008, 09:15 PM
BOW operational update (why doesnt VPE follow suit?)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201108

Don Juan progressing nicely...

Hudson-1 with minor oil shows (& we arent at depth yet)

Shasta, thinking about what you said,...and bearing in mind RPM,....it got me a little revved up.

shasta
15-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Shasta, thinking about what you said,...and bearing in mind RPM,....it got me a little revved up.

BOW operational update: Jawsone-1 spuds ;)

Hudson-1 now at 2,262m so nearly at target depth of 2,434m ;)

Should find out the results on Hudson-1 this week!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201136

shasta
15-07-2008, 05:37 PM
BOW operational update: Jawsone-1 spuds ;)

Hudson-1 now at 2,262m so nearly at target depth of 2,434m ;)

Should find out the results on Hudson-1 this week!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201136

For those interested in what our near neighbour (SHG) is up to...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SHG&E=ASX&N=201141

bermuda
15-07-2008, 10:49 PM
For those interested in what our near neighbour (SHG) is up to...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SHG&E=ASX&N=201141

Thanks Shasta, read that yesterday.

This whole thing is about to enter another chapter. Wonder when BG plays their next card?

JackSprat
17-07-2008, 08:33 PM
All I can say is "sock it to them Ron"!!:D:D

bermuda
17-07-2008, 08:57 PM
All I can say is "sock it to them Ron"!!:D:D

He doesnt lie down eh.

A beautiful PL171 going for a song.

Hope not.

Glad I am not playing in the British Open. the weather is atrocious. Sandy Lyle has just pulled out following some very high scoring holes. Far out.

shasta
17-07-2008, 09:12 PM
He doesnt lie down eh.

A beautiful PL171 going for a song.

Hope not.

Glad I am not playing in the British Open. the weather is atrocious. Sandy Lyle has just pulled out following some very high scoring holes. Far out.

Bermuda

Given today's events with RPM, it seems that buying QGC will, by the end of the year give you 100% exposure to PL171 ;)

bermuda
17-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Bermuda

Given today's events with RPM, it seems that buying QGC will, by the end of the year give you 100% exposure to PL171 ;)

Yes...but severely diluted. Such a pity but you never know.

shasta
17-07-2008, 09:24 PM

I suppose until LKO show there hand, they may cause QGC a few headaches.

I hope ODN gives them a migraine, when they target VPE :confused:

What chance QGC goes after BOW?

AMR
17-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Do BOW shareholders really want an LKO director on their board...

"We'll be happy to have your shares, but nothing else..."

bermuda
17-07-2008, 11:50 PM

Strong letter from BOW today. Would be even stroger after today's QGC sell down. Someone on another site reckons the QGC sell down was due to RPM Directors selling early. ???

Not over yet.

shasta
17-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Strong letter from BOW today. Would be even stroger after today's QGC sell down. Someone on another site reckons the QGC sell down was due to RPM Directors selling early. ???

Not over yet.

Bermuda

I have copied the links on the RPM thread, 2 directors have accepted the QGC offer

bermuda
18-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Bermuda

I have copied the links on the RPM thread, 2 directors have accepted the QGC offer

Thanks Shasta, but have they put their QGC entitlement up for sale already?

Trent
18-07-2008, 11:32 AM
From this mornings Australian. Implications for the East Coast LNG industry?

PM's carbon plan a $60bn threat to
Lenore Taylor and Matthew Franklin | July 18, 2008
MORE than $60 billion in planned LNG investments are likely to be shelved because the Rudd Government's emissions trading scheme is "backwards" and penalises exports of the clean gas, according to Woodside Petroleum chief Don Voelte.

Mr Voelte told The Australian the carbon pollution reduction scheme, unveiled by the Government on Wednesday, would make it impossible for two $30billion West Australian offshore LNG projects to go ahead.

"This emissions trading scheme will knock planned projects with relatively high CO2 emissions right off the block - you can start with (Chevron's) Gorgon (project) and (Woodside's) Browse (project) and keep on going," he said.

Mr Voelte said the $15 billion LNG export industry was unlikely to qualify for any free permits under the Government's compensation formula for trade-exposed industries, in part because of efforts the industry had already undertaken to reduce its carbon emissions.

He said this outcome was "backwards" because LNG was part of the global solution to climate change, and replaced energy sources at least four times dirtier in the countries to which it was sold.

The LNG industry's concerns came as Kevin Rudd indicated he would try to sideline the Greens and would instead court Brendan Nelson for Senate backing for his carbon emissions trading scheme - dismissing Greens' demands for a phase-out of coal-fired power generation as unrealistic.

Labor sources confirmed the Government saw little prospect of winning Greens support for its scheme, which includes plans for compensation for coal-fired power generators.

As the Greens attacked the plan and demanded more public investment in renewable energy sources, the Prime Minister called on the Opposition to become "responsible partners" in addressing climate change.

In at least two of a series of interviews he conducted to explain the green paper released on Wednesday, Mr Rudd ignored direct questions about whether he could negotiate for Greens support in the Senate.

Instead, he said he wanted Liberal Party backing, without which he would have to rely on the Greens, Family First and independent South Australian senator Nick Xenophon.

The Government has said it will allocate up to 30 per cent of emissions permits to industries with international competitors not exposed to a carbon price, identifying eligible industries through a formula that calculates tonnes of emissions per million dollars in revenue.

Analysis by the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association and by Deutsche Bank experts confirmed Mr Voelte's calculation that LNG would not qualify for permits under the Government's proposed formula.

"We do not believe we will be included as an emissions-intensive, trade-exposed industry - that we will fall just below the cut-off, which will mean all the worst emitters will be given a free ride, and clean fuels like LNG will have to bear the whole burden," Mr Voelte said.

"We spent hundreds of millions over recent years to clean up our plants, we won all these greenhouse challenge awards. and now we are thinking we should have just left ourselves dirty, because we're going to come in just under the curve.

"This emissions trading scheme is going to get the wrong answer - it's going to hit our returns and stop our new projects going forward, when we are part of the global answer."

Asked what he intended to do about the problem, Mr Voelte said: "We have booked a lot of plane tickets to Canberra."

APPEA chief executive Belinda Robinson echoed the warning, saying: "Unless LNG receives the treatment it must have, not only is the ability of the industry to grow and invest here ... affected, it will also affect our ability to assist the Asia-Pacific region reduce its greenhouse gas emissions for the longer term."

The Government is also at loggerheads with the Greens over the future of the coal industry in the nation's energy generation. It believes successful deployment of "clean coal" technology - which would ensure the coal industry's future - is vital, and has created a $500million clean coal research fund to commercialise the technology, which eliminates carbon emissions from burning coal by capturing the carbon and storing it underground.

But Greens environment spokeswoman Christine Milne told The Australian yesterday her party opposed any public money being spent on clean coal research, and instead wanted investment in renewable energy sources such as solar power.

Senator Milne said average Australians backed her party's position ahead of that of "the greenhouse mafia, the Opposition and (Resources Minister) Martin Ferguson". "The coal industry is largely owned overseas and has made mega-profits from polluting the atmosphere through the commodities boom," Senator Milne said.
As Mr Rudd hit the airwaves yesterday, he made clear he saw little value in attempting to meet the Greens' demands. Asked whether he was prepared to talk to the Greens, he did not even refer to the party. "My appeal is directly to the Liberal Party to ... be responsible partners in the future economic direction of Australia," he told Sydney radio 2UE. "The Liberals have got some serious soul-searching to do on this question in terms of acting responsibly."

In an interview with Sky Television, the Prime Minister was asked about the Greens' criticism, and whether he would stick to his guns in the Senate.

He again ignored the Greens, saying: "On the Senate, I think there's going to be a huge national spotlight trained on the Liberals.

"Are you going to be responsible partners in this country's long-term economic future or are you just going to walk away and play opportunistic, short-term politics?"

Wayne Swan said government support for clean coal technologies was critical. "As an exporter of coal, we've got a huge interest in developing the technology that captures the carbon," the Treasurer said.

The Coalition appeared to be open to negotiations, with Treasury spokesman Malcolm Turnbull stressing that the Opposition was not opposed to emissions trading, although it had differences with the Government on timing.

"We have got to see what the measures are," he said. "There is a big issue here about getting it right. This is not an issue, a question, of who is more committed to the environment than anybody else."

However, Mr Turnbull described as absurd the Government's decision to delay the release of Treasury modelling on the ETS until after the date at which submissions closed for comment on the green paper.

"You cannot seriously ask people to make submissions about options for an emissions trading scheme when they haven't got any of the financial modelling," he said.

bermuda
18-07-2008, 12:12 PM
From this mornings Australian. Implications for the East Coast LNG industry?

PM's carbon plan a $60bn threat to
Lenore Taylor and Matthew Franklin | July 18, 2008
MORE than $60 billion in planned LNG investments are likely to be shelved because the Rudd Government's emissions trading scheme is "backwards" and penalises exports of the clean gas, according to Woodside Petroleum chief Don Voelte.

Mr Voelte told The Australian the carbon pollution reduction scheme, unveiled by the Government on Wednesday, would make it impossible for two $30billion West Australian offshore LNG projects to go ahead.

"This emissions trading scheme will knock planned projects with relatively high CO2 emissions right off the block - you can start with (Chevron's) Gorgon (project) and (Woodside's) Browse (project) and keep on going," he said.

Mr Voelte said the $15 billion LNG export industry was unlikely to qualify for any free permits under the Government's compensation formula for trade-exposed industries, in part because of efforts the industry had already undertaken to reduce its carbon emissions.

He said this outcome was "backwards" because LNG was part of the global solution to climate change, and replaced energy sources at least four times dirtier in the countries to which it was sold.

The LNG industry's concerns came as Kevin Rudd indicated he would try to sideline the Greens and would instead court Brendan Nelson for Senate backing for his carbon emissions trading scheme - dismissing Greens' demands for a phase-out of coal-fired power generation as unrealistic.

Labor sources confirmed the Government saw little prospect of winning Greens support for its scheme, which includes plans for compensation for coal-fired power generators.

As the Greens attacked the plan and demanded more public investment in renewable energy sources, the Prime Minister called on the Opposition to become "responsible partners" in addressing climate change.

In at least two of a series of interviews he conducted to explain the green paper released on Wednesday, Mr Rudd ignored direct questions about whether he could negotiate for Greens support in the Senate.

Instead, he said he wanted Liberal Party backing, without which he would have to rely on the Greens, Family First and independent South Australian senator Nick Xenophon.

The Government has said it will allocate up to 30 per cent of emissions permits to industries with international competitors not exposed to a carbon price, identifying eligible industries through a formula that calculates tonnes of emissions per million dollars in revenue.

Analysis by the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association and by Deutsche Bank experts confirmed Mr Voelte's calculation that LNG would not qualify for permits under the Government's proposed formula.

"We do not believe we will be included as an emissions-intensive, trade-exposed industry - that we will fall just below the cut-off, which will mean all the worst emitters will be given a free ride, and clean fuels like LNG will have to bear the whole burden," Mr Voelte said.

"We spent hundreds of millions over recent years to clean up our plants, we won all these greenhouse challenge awards. and now we are thinking we should have just left ourselves dirty, because we're going to come in just under the curve.

"This emissions trading scheme is going to get the wrong answer - it's going to hit our returns and stop our new projects going forward, when we are part of the global answer."

Asked what he intended to do about the problem, Mr Voelte said: "We have booked a lot of plane tickets to Canberra."

APPEA chief executive Belinda Robinson echoed the warning, saying: "Unless LNG receives the treatment it must have, not only is the ability of the industry to grow and invest here ... affected, it will also affect our ability to assist the Asia-Pacific region reduce its greenhouse gas emissions for the longer term."

The Government is also at loggerheads with the Greens over the future of the coal industry in the nation's energy generation. It believes successful deployment of "clean coal" technology - which would ensure the coal industry's future - is vital, and has created a $500million clean coal research fund to commercialise the technology, which eliminates carbon emissions from burning coal by capturing the carbon and storing it underground.

But Greens environment spokeswoman Christine Milne told The Australian yesterday her party opposed any public money being spent on clean coal research, and instead wanted investment in renewable energy sources such as solar power.

Senator Milne said average Australians backed her party's position ahead of that of "the greenhouse mafia, the Opposition and (Resources Minister) Martin Ferguson". "The coal industry is largely owned overseas and has made mega-profits from polluting the atmosphere through the commodities boom," Senator Milne said.
As Mr Rudd hit the airwaves yesterday, he made clear he saw little value in attempting to meet the Greens' demands. Asked whether he was prepared to talk to the Greens, he did not even refer to the party. "My appeal is directly to the Liberal Party to ... be responsible partners in the future economic direction of Australia," he told Sydney radio 2UE. "The Liberals have got some serious soul-searching to do on this question in terms of acting responsibly."

In an interview with Sky Television, the Prime Minister was asked about the Greens' criticism, and whether he would stick to his guns in the Senate.

He again ignored the Greens, saying: "On the Senate, I think there's going to be a huge national spotlight trained on the Liberals.

"Are you going to be responsible partners in this country's long-term economic future or are you just going to walk away and play opportunistic, short-term politics?"

Wayne Swan said government support for clean coal technologies was critical. "As an exporter of coal, we've got a huge interest in developing the technology that captures the carbon," the Treasurer said.

The Coalition appeared to be open to negotiations, with Treasury spokesman Malcolm Turnbull stressing that the Opposition was not opposed to emissions trading, although it had differences with the Government on timing.

"We have got to see what the measures are," he said. "There is a big issue here about getting it right. This is not an issue, a question, of who is more committed to the environment than anybody else."

However, Mr Turnbull described as absurd the Government's decision to delay the release of Treasury modelling on the ETS until after the date at which submissions closed for comment on the green paper.

"You cannot seriously ask people to make submissions about options for an emissions trading scheme when they haven't got any of the financial modelling," he said.

If the West coast shelves its offshore LNG aspirations it may well play into the hands of cleaner onshore CH4 (methane ) LNG exports ex Gladstone. The world needs LNG.

Trent
18-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Good point Bermuda. It will be interesting to see what clout Woodside et al have in Canberra
T

Dr_Who
18-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Are there any research and valuation for BOW?

shasta
18-07-2008, 05:52 PM
the break below 30c today looks very bad chartwise.
seemed like major support.

BOW Operations update:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201236

bermuda
18-07-2008, 06:43 PM
well under 100,000 shares took it from 27.5c to 32c;)
looks like 30c is very important?

Hi Underdog,
When you look at what is ahead for BOW, this is a wonderful time to enter. Even the charts say so.

CSG alone ( once certified ) is worth $1.00 ( OK discount it back to 65 cents to allow for the current negative market ) .

Lots to go with BOW.

Huang Chung
18-07-2008, 07:15 PM
If the West coast shelves its offshore LNG aspirations it may well play into the hands of cleaner onshore CH4 (methane ) LNG exports ex Gladstone. The world needs LNG.

"This emissions trading scheme will knock planned projects with relatively high CO2 emissions right off the block - you can start with (Chevron's) Gorgon (project) and (Woodside's) Browse (project) and keep on going," (Don Voelte) said.

Can someone confirm that Qld CSG is low in CO2 emissions, and thus would have a competitive advantage over the abovementioned west coast projects?

bermuda
18-07-2008, 07:26 PM
"This emissions trading scheme will knock planned projects with relatively high CO2 emissions right off the block - you can start with (Chevron's) Gorgon (project) and (Woodside's) Browse (project) and keep on going," (Don Voelte) said.

Can someone confirm that Qld CSG is low in CO2 emissions, and thus would have a competitive advantage over the abovementioned west coast projects?

The CO2 emissions with CH4 are less than offshore gas.....which helps CSG...and the fact it is Onshore helps CSG even further.

77% of Aussie electricity is from thermal coal. That is about to be reduced through the change to CSG.

Phaedrus
18-07-2008, 07:30 PM
This is a wonderful time to enter BOW - even the charts say so.

They do indeed!

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW718.gif

Green arrows mark "Buy" signals, red arrows "Sell".

bermuda
18-07-2008, 07:50 PM
They do indeed!

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW718.gif

Green arrows mark "Buy" signals, red arrows "Sell".

Thanks Phaedrus,
I have a few of these and think they are over sold hugely on fundamentals. Then I had a look at the charts and saw that the price had gone below the bottom line.

BOW have been whacked. CSG certification on the way.

mark100
18-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks for that chart Phaedrus. Very helpful

bermuda
18-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Underdog,
I think you would if you knew the fundamentals.

Lots to go with BOW.

bermuda
18-07-2008, 10:36 PM
there really arent any fundamentals so to speak with BOW, only potential and saying that, VPE has a lot more fundamentals so I invested in VPEO and ODN and SPX, also ESG through HGO.

I have since sold VPEO for a 35% gain and SPX for 50% and hold HGO and ODN now at a loss (around 20%)

I would rather buy VPE at 20c than BOW at 32c.

anyway, I was purely speaking of the technicals and to call today a technical break is a BIG call in my view

I am not surprised by the retrace even though I am invested in the sector

Oil was bound for a topple, and I mention such just days before the drops.

Underdog,
I beg to differ. Don Juan is being certified.

shasta
18-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Underdog,
I beg to differ. Don Juan is being certified.

Yup BOW has 55% of Don Juan (v VPE 45%)

VPE has 20% of PL171 :D

Plus other CSG permits, how does BOW's other CSG assets stack up?

bermuda
18-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Yup BOW has 55% of Don Juan (v VPE 45%)

VPE has 20% of PL171 :D

Plus other CSG permits, how does BOW's other CSG assets stack up?

Well PL171 would be a good addition. Greg Norman, 53, still leading. Amazing.

Huang Chung
18-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Well PL171 would be a good addition. Greg Norman, 53, still leading. Amazing.

B, I know nothing about golf, but didn't Greg Norman make a habit of leading into the last day and then choking?....a bit like Collingwood in the AFL. :eek:

mark100
18-07-2008, 11:52 PM
B, I know nothing about golf, but didn't Greg Norman make a habit of leading into the last day and then choking?....a bit like Collingwood in the AFL. :eek:

Collingwood rarely get in the lead in the first place....

bermuda
18-07-2008, 11:54 PM
that doesnt give me any fundamental valuation at all

talk some real numbers and then you can beg to differ, but beg you must:D

no earnings, no real fundamentals eh.

Have a little google around and you will see what I mean.

Rabbi
19-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Aren't we talking about Bow?

So what have we, Don Juan certification= fundamentals

Huge potential on CSG and oil permits.

Unfortunately the Bears have been running lately and this stock got caught in the downdraught like all the others.

I just hope that the market will settle down in The USA, but I fear its wishful thinking as just as they plug one hole in the dyke another bursts. Neverending saga of financial greed and debt based on nothing.

Dr_Who
19-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Once everything settles down with abit more blue sky, I will pick up some BOW. Currently dont have any BOW but do have the other CSG plays.

Lebowski
19-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I am with the Udog on this one the last trades were for the benefit of RPM holders to keep the offer attractive over the weekend.I am a big fan of Bow but still think it in down trend.
Pity Hudson looks like a dry hole:eek:

Phaedrus
20-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Man that is some call considering they traded at 27.5c by 11am and only came back to 32c (apparently breaking downtrend?) with a few pitiful last trades in the afternoon (less than 100,000 shares)

I don't consider it a "call" UnderDog! I simply posted a chart illustrating the buy signals that Bermuda had obviously noticed. The "call" is yours to make on whether you chose to act on them or not. You make a valid point regarding the low volume - the OBV trendline-break was caused by the OBV crabbing sideways, rather than a much more positive upward spike. Exactly the same situation exists with the RSI, so these signals are certainly less than perfect. Current volumes are still below average (blue line). BOW is a lightly traded stock though, and I would draw your attention to the very profitable buy signal of 24/4/08 that gave an entry at 20 cents. This was on low volume and anyone waiting for above average volume confirmation would not have bought until 5/5/08, giving them an entry at 27 cents (circled candlestick) Quite a difference!

You note that Friday's intraday low was only 27.5 cents and if I understand you correctly you consider that this makes the trendline break "buy" signal somewhat less dependable. I take the opposite view. The lower the intraday low, the longer the lower "shadow" and the more bullish the big white candle. The longer the lower shadow, the more confidence I would have in the other buy signals.

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW720.gif

The chart contains an excellent "inverse" example of this as marked on 3/6/08. Note the long upper shadow (bearish) on the big black candle (also bearish). Many traders would have exited BOW on the basis of that candlestick alone, well ahead of the downtrend and subsequent trendline break.

I would not be buying BOW on that signal (chartwise) considering the buying I saw to bring it back to 32c.
Fair enough. We all have different risk tolerance and I would never criticise anyone waiting for volume or trend confirmation before buying.

As you and Lebowski quite rightly note, BOW is still in a downtrend.

Phaedrus
21-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I got an email from a confused reader of my BOW post. Was or was I not recommending BOW as a buy?

Firstly, I don't do recommendations.
Secondly, buying now would have to be regarded as a "high risk" punt.
Why?
(1) BOW is still in a downtrend.
(2) The broken trendline was unconfirmed (only tentative).
(3) The OBV is flat.
(4) The RSI is flat.
(5) Volume has not confirmed price yet.
(6) I said that "The longer the lower shadow, the more confidence I would have in the other buy signals." A 1 cent lower shadow is a SHORT lower shadow.

Dr_Who
21-07-2008, 12:04 PM
If anyone here wants a recommendation, I advice you go see a licenced broker. Most post here are only a personal view of the poster.

Thanks for the graph Phaedrus. :)

shasta
21-07-2008, 06:35 PM
If anyone here wants a recommendation, I advice you go see a licenced broker. Most post here are only a personal view of the poster.

Thanks for the graph Phaedrus. :)

BOW operations update

Hudson-1 was a dry hole :(

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201271

bermuda
21-07-2008, 08:16 PM
AbsolutelyAdvance,
I take it that is a BUY signal?

Getting murdered eh but as you know it is the CSG certification that counts. Looking good.

See also my reply on VPE.

bermuda
21-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Just call me AA...
B

Ill keep you posted for my buy signal... if you like?

AA,
Yes, that would be appreciated. My bet is 155 as a buy on the upside. I am starting to get quite TA these days.

bermuda
21-07-2008, 09:53 PM
It happens.... I experienced a lot of pain before I went the TA Way.

Charts are not just for traders they are for investors too!

And the Subject is huge, techniques beyond the discussed so far, I want to help all who are interested.

AA

It has been some time since my daughter asked me to complete a sentence without the word oil in it. So I might give it a go. Must admit I have been reading a few books on trading lately. But I just get compassionate about the story. You guys get compassionate on the signals.

Still learning.

Phaedrus
24-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, Im confused now too
Let's see if I can clarify things a little - or compound the confusion!

You pointed out that the intraday low was "only 27.5 cents" and I think felt that this fact made any buy signals somewhat suspect.
I take the opposite view. The lower the intraday low (the longer the lower shadow) the more confidence I would have in any other buy signals. A low intraday low when a stock closes at its high means that the stock sold off during the session and then bounced back at the finish. This is generally bullish.

I said that "The longer the lower shadow, the more confidence I would have in the other buy signals." A 1 cent lower shadow is a SHORT lower shadow. Translation :- I would not have too much confidence in the other buy signals, making this is a high risk "punt".

It's wait and see time - BOW would have to go above 32 cents to make those buy signals "right" or fall below 27.5 cents to make them "wrong". Yesterday's 4-price Doji marks market indecision and uncertainty.

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW724.gif

Xerof
24-07-2008, 02:21 PM
and if you throw a set of 30 and 60 day MA's on your chart, they are about to cross to the downside. I was mulling an entry to BOW, on fundamentals, but you're right Phaedrus, it's a wait and see.

From Elliot Wave perspective, could also be in fifth wave down

bermuda
24-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I digested the Roma reply to BOW's latest offer and summarise it as follows

Roma's MD , Mr Siller wants the cash and therefore favours the QGC ( cash ) offer but acknowledges that the BOW offer could be attractive to Roma shareholders

* who have an appetite for a (currently unknown) potentially higher return and potentially higher risk ; and

* who believe in the potential of PL171 and for further discoveries in BOW acreage, but who do not have an immediate need for cash.

In another part of the letter , Roma acnowledged that good progress was being made at Don Juan...which is being developed by BOW and VPE.

StockAnalysis has already stated that Don Juan, once certified, would be worth 50 cents to VPE and about $1 to BOW.

I really like this story and I believe that QGC like the potential of PL171 too!!

Keep an eye on BOW and VPE. Don Juan is looking good...and the May report on PL171 was very good too.

Dr_Who
24-07-2008, 02:31 PM
StockAnalysis has already stated that Don Juan, once certified, would be worth 50 cents to VPE and about $1 to BOW.

When do you expect certification of Don Juan?

Mysterybox
24-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the interp Bermuda, eyes ain't leaving the screen.

bermuda
24-07-2008, 02:41 PM
When do you expect certification of Don Juan?

In the last quarter of 2008. I think this means this year, not next March!

Something to look forward to.

Good to see Origin up today in a sea of red. BG still havent secured this prize and Origin have been talking to others. Plenty to come.

Dr_Who
24-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks Bermuda. I also noticed that all the CSG stocks follow the sp trend as QGC. QGC is the leader for the CSG juniors.

Rabbi
24-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Bow is not a stock I would care to trade, but thanks for the T analysis Phaedras.

PSA-Now there is a stock to trade; up and down like a yo-yo and not seeming likely to break out any time soon.

BOW to me is a long term hold, but they need more luck in their drilling programme than they have lately. Their CEO Ron Prefontaine seems to know what he is doing.

Paddie
24-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Bow's silence of late has been deafeneing with regard to RPM.

Ron P IMHO is astute and I am sure he would like to get his hands on PL171.

Who knows but there still might be a late charge by BOW/ARROW.

LKO is still in a halt.

Must admit I don't like seeing QGC notices daily!

Go Bow.

Paddie

AMR
24-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Before we get too ahead of ourselves...is it legal for QGC to go to LKO's management and offer them say, 25c per share in a confidentiality agreement?

shasta
24-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Before we get too ahead of ourselves...is it legal for QGC to go to LKO's management and offer them say, 25c per share in a confidentiality agreement?

No they can't.

Once a takeover offer has been lodged, all shareholders MUST be offered the same deal.

Some takeover documents may contain creep clauses, that say in 6 months time after the original offer lapses, a company can come back & make a higher offer (usually if seeking 90% & compulsory acquistion).

Leason here is to read the offer document terms & conditions VERY CAREFULLY!

Phaedrus
24-07-2008, 08:50 PM
BOW is not a stock I would care to trade.......to me it is a long term hold.

My views are diametrically opposite, Rabbi!

To me, BOW is a lousy long-term hold (the current price is less than it was over 2 years ago!)

It offers brilliant short-term trades though - recently more than doubling in just a few weeks.

I am not pretending that BOW is an ideal trading stock - it is too lightly traded for that. Todays total turnover was just $12,933 for example. This makes it hard to build up a decent position that is even harder to unwind when the time comes to sell.

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW724lt.gif

Rabbi
24-07-2008, 10:20 PM
To me, BOW is a lousy long-term hold (the current price is less than it was over 2 years ago!)

It offers brilliant short-term trades though - recently more than doubling in just a few weeks.

Appreciate your opinion and graph Phaedras, as no doubt do other members.I meant, that I personally don't follow BOW closely enough to get a good enough "feel" as to which way it might go, and having bought a small parcel recently in the mid "30"'s I am not- of course- considering selling at this stage. Some of us, unfortunately, tend to fall in love with some of our holdings, even though we would never admit it.:rolleyes:

bermuda
28-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I have set up a CSG tracking portfolio since 20/07

19 stocks, currently just up 0.9%

top 3 losers =
BOW, ESG, VPE

top 3 winners =
BUL, LNC, MEL
HI Underdog..which one looks the most likely to go up. Value your opinion.

bermuda
28-07-2008, 12:58 AM
My views are diametrically opposite, Rabbi!

I am not pretending that BOW is an ideal trading stock - it is too lightly traded for that. Todays total turnover was just $12,933 for example. This makes it hard to build up a decent position that is even harder to unwind when the time comes to sell.

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW724lt.gif

Hi Phaedrus.
Always value your opinion,
My views are
BOW is sitting on some very good acreage starting to get noticed and valued by some fairly big boys in the industry.
The MD has over 6% of his dosh in the company
He sort of set up Arrow
He aquired huge territory at $25 / bbl
Arrow are a shareholder
Don Juan ( certified at $1 per share )
Just took on two new 'CEO's
Santos drilling underway...etc etc......This to me is a fundamental reason to buy.

Sometimes we are poles apart. Interesting eh?

Phaedrus
28-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Bermuda,
We both agree that BOW is a good stock worth buying. We probably have different ideas on when to buy - that's all. (I suspect we'll have to agree to differ on when to sell too!)

Right now, BOW is in a "long-term" (1 year) uptrend and a steep "medium-term" (6 week) downtrend. I'm sure that many people will be watching it quite closely right now.

Did you notice the classical "double top" formed in early June? Prices have fallen 49% since then. Good signal eh? Did you know that only 9% of double tops are followed by a fall of more 45%? (The average is 20%)

JackSprat
30-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Ok, so what does everyone think of BOW's bid presentation. Looks very comprehensive and an offer I wouldn't sneeze at.
7 RPM = 1.26.....................5 bow = 1.325,

STRAT
30-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, so what does everyone think of BOW's bid presentation. Looks very comprehensive and an offer I wouldn't sneeze at.
7 RPM = 1.26.....................5 bow = 1.325,Hi Jack.
BOW has been going down for near on two months. That offer today may not be so pretty in two weeks. Hard to call and I just sneezed.

thats my 2c worth

MrDevine
30-07-2008, 11:16 AM
And QGC are unlikely to want to accept BOW's offer for their 50% RPM stake are they?

Hard to know what to do really.

If I want to buy BOW shares, I can buy 'em on market with selling into the QGC offer?

I'm thinking of faxing off my RPM shares today, QGC offer is better than selling on market.

STRAT
30-07-2008, 11:21 AM
And QGC are unlikely to want to accept BOW's offer for their 50% RPM stake are they?

Hard to know what to do really.

If I want to buy BOW shares, I can buy 'em on market with selling into the QGC offer?

I'm thinking of faxing off my RPM shares today, QGC offer is better than selling on market.The problem with that Mr D is the time it takes for the transaction to be completed and what can happen during that period. Its a hard call and it depends on the size of your holding but a lot can happen in two or three weeks. How long would it take for the transfer?

I see QGC announced they have 45% of RPM now which means they are probably infact past the 50% mark already

MrDevine
30-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I've had an email from QGC secretary, if I fax my acceptance today, I'll have my cash component in 5 days, with shares soon after that.

So do you think QGC would take up BOW's offer?

STRAT
30-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I've had an email from QGC secretary, if I fax my acceptance today, I'll have my cash component in 5 days, with shares soon after that.

So do you think QGC would take up BOW's offer?Sorry for not being up to speed on this but what offer have BOW made to QGC:confused:

MrDevine
30-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Well BOW is offering 5 BOW shares for every 7 RPM, they want 100% of RPM, so if they wanted 100% they'd need QGC to sell into their offer wouldn't they?

STRAT
30-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Well BOW is offering 5 BOW shares for every 7 RPM, they want 100% of RPM, so if they wanted 100% they'd need QGC to sell into their offer wouldn't they?Oh I see what you mean. Then I reckon not. Whats more interesting is the ann you posted this morning. New sustantial holder. Blocking stake or something more?

bermuda
30-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh I see what you mean. Then I reckon not. Whats more interesting is the ann you posted this morning. New sustantial holder. Blocking stake or something more?

Bow would be happy to pick up a lesser ( say 30% ) share of RPM providing they get Board representation. UBS starting to become a shareholder in RPM. Very interesting! Indeed.

Dr_Who
30-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Looks like someone is trying hard to push and hold up BOW sp. TAlk about market manipulation.

Interesting to see BOW and MOS JV in drilling. I have MOS and will probably get some BOW when the sp bottoms with no market manipulation.

JackSprat
30-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Don't think Coal Seam Gas is a manipulation Doc. :)

Rabbi
30-07-2008, 04:57 PM
The market likes the fact that BOW is fast becoming a serious player in the CSG industry

Go Ron Go BOW :):):)

shasta
30-07-2008, 05:51 PM
The market likes the fact that BOW is fast becoming a serious player in the CSG industry

Go Ron Go BOW :):):)

Bow - Quarterly Activities...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201535

BOW Quarterly Cashflows...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201536

BOW to drill for CSG in SW QLD...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201540

Grand Uber
30-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Always a good sign that a director is buying 200k at 26.5c

bermuda
30-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Bow - Quarterly Activities...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201535

BOW Quarterly Cashflows...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201536

BOW to drill for CSG in SW QLD...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=201540

Hi Shasta,
The quarterly read so badly I had to email RP about Don Juan. I knew what low gas flows mean after only 5 days dewatering( quite good)...but the public didnt. Ron accepted that. No problems. Unfortunate wording.

Anyway, he got that sorted and then came out with a very energetic report about Canaway. I have had time to have a look at it ..and it excites me. With 2 new executives on board the New BOW is going to be very different to the one we think we know.

The stoush with QGC took a new turn today with UBS. Not sure what it is about but
someone is obviously interested. I am taking the BOW option as you know. I really think BOW has a big future driven by a guy that helped set up ARROW and has a lot of his dosh riding on the result.

I see QGC has over 45% or so acceptances. That is different to a shareholding eh...Next few days are going to be interesting.

But there is a huge 9 foot Bear wandering around with angry claws.

I will hold BOW and weather the storm.This is getting to be like my time with NZO...big gains and then huge retrace before the final reward.

What do you think of Ron's LNG transportation scheme and coverage area.? Not bad eh!

shasta
30-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi Shasta,
The quarterly read so badly I had to email RP about Don Juan. I knew what low gas flows mean after only 5 days dewatering( quite good)...but the public didnt. Ron accepted that. No problems. Unfortunate wording.

Anyway, he got that sorted and then came out with a very energetic report about Canaway. I have had time to have a look at it ..and it excites me. With 2 new executives on board the New BOW is going to be very different to the one we think we know.

The stoush with QGC took a new turn today with UBS. Not sure what it is about but
someone is obviously interested. I am taking the BOW option as you know. I really think BOW has a big future driven by a guy that helped set up ARROW and has a lot of his dosh riding on the result.

I see QGC has over 45% or so acceptances. That is different to a shareholding eh...Next few days are going to be interesting.

But there is a huge 9 foot Bear wandering around with angry claws.

I will hold BOW and weather the storm.This is getting to be like my time with NZO...big gains and then huge retrace before the final reward.

What do you think of Ron's LNG transportation scheme and coverage area.? Not bad eh!

I think Ron's plans are sufficient for me to buy some BOW (to go nicely with my VPEO). :D

RP's certainly a forward thinker, & when the big grizzly eventually hibernates, BOW might just grow some wings ;)

bermuda
30-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I think Ron's plans are sufficient for me to buy some BOW (to go nicely with my VPEO). :D

RP's certainly a forward thinker, & when the big grizzly eventually hibernates, BOW might just grow some wings ;)

Yes. I think so . What did you think about Ron's LNG ( domestic ) plans?. 2 plants and great coverage from 2 very gassy fields. This could be quite big.

Mysterybox
30-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Haha just read the news :D

Looking off that map (says VicPet 35%) and this hasn't been announced by VPE!?

am I missing something?

mark100
30-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I thought the news from BOW was great today especially regarding a new CSG prospect.

But I agree, to those who aren't familiar with the CSG process 'low gas flows' sounds bad. But this is what always happens, the water flows first and then as the coal is dewatered the gas flows increase. To be getting good water flows indicates the coal is permeable and its good news that is is already a little bit of gas coming through as well.

clearasmud
30-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought LNG is for export.
Seems that not the case here?

Clearasmud

mark100
31-07-2008, 04:11 AM
clearasmud, natural gas is converted to LNG for ease of transportation as is takes up a much smaller volume, which is why it is converted before export. But if you want to truck it somewhere domestically it would still be converted to LNG because in gas form it would take up way to much volume. The only other option is to transport the natural gas via a pipeline.

On reading through BOW's annoucments today I am very encouraged. I sold of half my BOW at 55c in the frenzy but have been very frustrated to see the other half retrace almost back to my buy in price. But I see today that BOW confirmed they are targeting intial 2P reserves of 200PJ at Don Juan. I was starting to think the 200PJ was going to be 3P so nice to see it is actually a 2P number. Also very encouraged to see a new CSG prospect at Canaway Ridge with potential for a decent amount of reserves.

Hopefully they get their foot on around 15% of RPM just to annoy QGC. QGC might pay them a higher amount in cash at a later date for the RPM stake or might decide to take BOW out altogether.

The fact remains that most of the QLD CSG stocks trade at around $1 of EV per GJ. If Don Juan can come up with 200PJ in the next 6-9 months (110PJ net to BOW) that gives a target EV for BOW of $110m. Add on $10m for the oil assets and and assume zero net cash and that's a 'target' price of 80c. And thats just an initial target for Don Juan.

The valuation methodology is the same for the Canaway prospect but BOW would of course need to raise some more cash along the way so the number of shares on issue will increase. But it still makes BOW look a good punt from here.

Rabbi
31-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Yes, and even if they don't get taken out by a big player, Bow will reap big rewards in terms of future cash flow, and then they will be able to drill some of their most prospective oil permits.

Ron is not taking his eye off the ball.;)

Grand Uber
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Is a new trend starting in the bow chart? The current formation looks promising, the long lower shadow is an indication of the downtrend weakening and then its followed by a dragonfly doji (close at the high) plus a big white candle.

Not really huge volume to support it but then again this is a lightly traded stock, guess the next few days will show which way this it going to go.

Dr_Who
02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Nice graph. I am tending towards possibly someone wanting to hold up BOW sp for the RPM T/O offer potential. Volume has been low and I have also seen funny price movements lately that is volatile. Dont know hard to tell these days.

Phaedrus
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM
This chart is to further illustrate the points made by Grand Uber "The current formation looks promising, the long lower shadow (1) is an indication of the downtrend weakening and then its followed by a dragonfly doji (close at the high) (2) plus a big white candle." (3)

"Not really huge volume to support it but then again this is a lightly traded stock, guess the next few days will show which way this it going to go."
I'll drink to that. To me, the most worrying thing about the volume is not that it is very light (which it is) but that it is falling. (Dotted magenta line) The "flat lining" OBV illustrates this weakness all too clearly. Volume confirms price and volume has not yet confirmed the recent price rises.

The small green arrow marks a trendline break - albeit of an unconfirmed trendline. Note that the RSI has now risen above its earlier highs. (blue arrow).

http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW83.gif

bermuda
03-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Phaedrus, you didnt mention the takeover offer for RPM. I would have thought this would have had quite a bearing on the share price and trading volumes. Also how do you factor in the recent bursting of the CSG bubble ( which is slowly reinflating ) which has affected BOW and all other CSG companies?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, BOW have a huge new company in front of them and I firmly believe they are set to perform over the next year.

I love your charts and am now starting to recognise a double top! Took me a while eh. Grateful your comments.i.e Do these events (RPM/bubble burst ) have an effect on the charts. And if they do then is it a time to ignore the charts until it all settles down?

shasta
03-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Phaedrus, you didnt mention the takeover offer for RPM. I would have thought this would have had quite a bearing on the share price and trading volumes. Also how do you factor in the recent bursting of the CSG bubble ( which is slowly reinflating ) which has affected BOW and all other CSG companies?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, BOW have a huge new company in front of them and I firmly believe they are set to perform over the next year.

I love your charts and am now starting to recognise a double top! Took me a while eh. Grateful your comments.i.e Do these events (RPM/bubble burst ) have an effect on the charts. And if they do then is it a time to ignore the charts until it all settles down?

Bermuda

IMO the biggest single fundamental event that "effects" the chart, is the OBV...

If you look at the above chart, the SP started to increase when the volume started rising!

This of course is a very simplistic view, but when the herd jumped onboard based on the CSG project(s) the RSI followed...

See how the RSI is rising?

If it holds, & the volume increases (OBV), the SP will follow accordingly!

STRAT
04-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Fellas,
Charts are a record of everything that affects a SP combined. Those things we are aware of and some we are not.
How much money goes in, out and when Thats it. If a single event or event in progress affects the SP its on the chart.

Phaedrus
04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
BERMUDA. "Phaedrus, you didnt mention the takeover offer for RPM. I would have thought this would have had quite a bearing on the share price and trading volumes."
Right, it surely has had an effect. Whatever effect it did have is all recorded in the price chart and volume figures.

"Also how do you factor in the recent bursting of the CSG bubble ( which is slowly reinflating ) which has affected BOW and all other CSG companies?"
I don't need to factor it in - the market has already done that and more. It has incorporated into the shareprice each and every factor it has considered relevant.

"I love your charts and am now starting to recognise a double top!"
Easy eh? Just be clear that you can't call it a "double top" until its formation is completed - and it is not completed until price action falls below the low point between the peaks.

"Do these events (RPM/bubble burst ) have an effect on the charts........"
Of course thay do. Everything that has any influence at all on the market price of a stock affects the charts.

"....and if they do then is it a time to ignore the charts until it all settles down?"
There is no point in ignoring charts just because they are depicting something you don't like. All the charts do is show you what IS.

SHASTA 'IMO the biggest single fundamental event that affects the chart, is the OBV...'
Not trying to be smart, but any movement of the OBV indicator is a technical event! The biggest single factor affecting charts would have to be shareprice. OBV is just a mathematical combination of price and volume
so is in part controlled by price movement in any case.

"If you look at the above chart, the SP started to increase when the volume started rising!"
I disagree - to the extent that that was the point of my posting. The SP was rising but the volume wasn't - in fact it was falling. BOW volumes have been below average for 3 weeks now.

"This of course is a very simplistic view, but when the herd jumped onboard based on the CSG project(s) the RSI followed... See how the RSI is rising? If it holds, & the volume increases (OBV), the SP will follow accordingly!"
I wonder if you are confusing cause and effect here. The RSI is rising because the price is rising. (The RSI is a price-following oscillator). The RSI can't rise without the shareprice rising. First.

All of the above is simply re-stating exactly what Strat said. More words, that's all!

Jess9
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
re above - well done Strat!

Phaedrus
04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
another thing to watch is BOW has been propped up at the end of the day now many times - "painting the chart" I read here
I am always very sceptical as to the influence such action would have. The very most that could be done is to ensure that the last sale goes through at the Ask. Keep in mind that they can't alter that figure and have no control over it. Now, lets say that in an attempt to make a stock look good, this is done every single day. The net effect on the chart of every day closing at the Ask would be barely visible. The plots would be all but identical whether this was done or not.

I guess the volume/$ are so small, someone is having a play
Could be. Or it could be a very small investor simply buying at market. Either way, with miniscule volumes, who cares? It takes really big bucks to move a market discernably, and even then any effect is short-lived. Fight the market and die!

A very simple indicator like the OBV can perhaps be criticised because it applies the total days volume according to whether the days Close was up or down on the days Open. As I said before, all they can do is buy at the Ask, but very, very occasionally this just might have the effect of calling the days total volume "Up" while a Close at the "Bid" would call the days total volume "Down". If the volume is low, this doesn't matter in the slightest, of course.

If anyone really, really thinks this is a problem and accordingly distrusts the OBV, all they have to do to negate this "problem" is to switch to using another volume indicator such as the Williams' Accumulation/Distribution which compares the Close with the previous days Close. Thus any concerted fiddling with the Close is cancelled out - the net effect is zero.

I'd put "painting the chart" right up there with other inane charges such as "Ramping" and "Downramping". It is my belief that anyone who thinks they are successfully accomplishing something by attempting these things is deluding themselves.

Lebowski
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
http://business.smh.com.au/business/shell-and-bp-join-pursuit-of-origin-energy-20080803-3pbi.html

Two more Big Boys try to join the Csg Queensland Sector .:)

bermuda
04-08-2008, 05:54 PM
http://business.smh.com.au/business/shell-and-bp-join-pursuit-of-origin-energy-20080803-3pbi.html

Two more Big Boys try to join the Csg Queensland Sector .:)

Nice eh. And great to see Ron out there with another big play in Canaway. Ron is building a much larger company than that we have been used to .

BP, in particular will be looking to grab some more LNG reserves in a market where LNG goes higher.

Dr_Who
05-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Who are the top five shareholders in BOW?

Whats is the average price BOW paid for RPM?

MrDevine
05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Hubbard has defected from BOW's offer for RPM, looks like he sold 6,000,000 to someone. Could have been QGC, or perhaps its the other substantial holder who has come in with 5%.

This is getting interesting.

BOW holding now 7.2%

Mr D Still holding RPM.

Dr_Who
05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
MrD. Do you know the average price paid for the 7.2% RPM?

Also are their any cornerstone shareholder of BOW? eg: VPE has QGC and ODN as cornerstone shareholder holding just under 20%.

Thanks

MrDevine
05-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I think I read that BOW paid or signed pre-bid agreements with RPM shareholders around the 18c mark. Read through the BOW bidders statement posted on ASX site.

From memory BOW has around 2200 shareholders,

from AR 07 – AOE owns 2%, 12.34% owned by Perpetual Corporate Trust Ltd.

Top 20 own 39% of the company.

I have had a response from R Prefontaine about signing over my RPM to BOW, however we have to wait for RPM board to accept bidders statement from BOW.

Looking like it could get a little bit messy eh?

bermuda
05-08-2008, 12:31 PM
MrD. Do you know the average price paid for the 7.2% RPM?

Also are their any cornerstone shareholder of BOW? eg: VPE has QGC and ODN as cornerstone shareholder holding just under 20%.

Thanks

Dr,
The beauty about BOW is that their cornerstone shareholder is Ron Prefontaine, the MD.
There is nothing so comforting than to have an MD have a substantial shareholding in his own company.He played a part in setting up ARROW and has just hired 2 new capable executives to take BOW forward a quantum leap.

CSG is a very sound story and has attracted the worlds' Heavyweights who know that LNG is getting more and more valuable. Added to that is the Australian Govt's determination to phase out their thermal coal powered stations and replace them with Coal Seam Gas. And then , in 2012 we will start seeing CSG exported at LNG International prices to a hungry International market.

BOW, VPE and RPM will have their resources proven within the next 6 months. At today's prices they are very cheap. There will be ups and downs in today's volatile markets but all the time this clean fuel will climb in value.

Have a look at the quarterley to see what Ron is planning for both Don Juan and Canaway.

I am taking up the BOW offer for Roma and will sit this out until the sun starts shining.

STRAT
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Announcement out, Dispute over BOWs interest in RPM.
Looks like it will be the Lawyers making money this month.

trackers
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Announcement out, Dispute over BOWs interest in RPM.
Looks like it will be the Lawyers making money this month.

Lol, Hubbard sounds like a pack of tossers.. From what I read they entered into a pre-bid arrangement whereby they signed away 6mil shares.

Now they're quoting dodgy ASIC rules and trying to flog them all off on market instead. Bit cheeky

STRAT
05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Lol, Hubbard sounds like a pack of tossers.. From what I read they entered into a pre-bid arrangement whereby they signed away 6mil shares.

Now they're quoting dodgy ASIC rules and trying to flog them all off on market instead. Bit cheekyYeah but in light of the SP today worth a crack dont you reckon? :D

mark100
08-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Good to see Nick Mather has bought a few more shares. Thats $72k of purchases over the past week. Maybe its just to prop up the price to make the RPM bid look better but I doubt he would be spending $72k if he thought he was buying a dud

brettdale
11-08-2008, 08:09 PM
That would seem about right. Although 72K isnt a lot for the big boys.

mark100
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Actually starting to think BOW won't get re-rated when it certifies the initial 200PJ at Don Juan.

The risk to achieving these reserves is low and the market is well informed of what they are targetting so I think the market may simply yawn on confirmation of Don Juan reaching 200PJ. Anything less and the market will be hammered and I doubt they will be able to get much more than 200PJ initially as that would require more wells (and more cash to be spent).

Still have half my initial holding but have lowered my expectations on what price they may reach.

bermuda
11-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Actually starting to think BOW won't get re-rated when it certifies the initial 200PJ at Don Juan.

The risk to achieving these reserves is low and the market is well informed of what they are targetting so I think the market may simply yawn on confirmation of Don Juan reaching 200PJ. Anything less and the market will be hammered and I doubt they will be able to get much more than 200PJ initially as that would require more wells (and more cash to be spent).

Still have half my initial holding but have lowered my expectations on what price they may reach.

Mark,
Do not be afraid,
The time to buy is when all seems lost.
This company has a multitude of projects going for it. At the moment it has been consumed by a number of negatives. As have a lot of oilers/CSG plays.

Oil goes higher ( after conservation has had its run )

and so does LNG.

JackSprat
20-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Things are afoot guys and gals. Sunshine Gas is in a trading halt. Why ? Take overs coming up ? What part BOW in the scheme of things ?

ronthepom
20-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes have to agree JS i'm picking BOW as well, mmm!

shasta
22-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes have to agree JS i'm picking BOW as well, mmm!

Game, set & match QGC? :confused:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=202357

LKO goes with QGC...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=202364

bermuda
22-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Game, set & match QGC? :confused:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=202357

LKO goes with QGC...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=202364

Shasta,
We aren't over yet. Lots more fun to come. This thing has only started. It is stuff like this that really gets the adrenalin going. There is a lot going on I am sure. I mean QGC doesnt want to get involved in oil ( even if what Roma has got is starting to get quite special ).

So there is plenty of water to flow under the bridge yet .I think you would agree.

shasta
22-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Shasta,
We aren't over yet. Lots more fun to come. This thing has only started. It is stuff like this that really gets the adrenalin going. There is a lot going on I am sure. I mean QGC doesnt want to get involved in oil ( even if what Roma has got is starting to get quite special ).

So there is plenty of water to flow under the bridge yet .I think you would agree.

I wan't insinuating it's all over, but that QGC is welding a big stick & BOW have little to gain pursuing RPM other than to annoy QGC.

I would imagine QGC would go after BOW in a hostile battle if BOW stops them getting 90% of RPM.

As i've said before RPM & VPE have interests in the very prospective CSG permit PL171, BOW wanted it & QGC has now got it...:rolleyes:

Eventually QGC will own 100% of PL171...

I'll leave it to others to work out what's likely to happen...

Having a map of the Walloon area (& QGC's move into SHG), shows exactly what plans they have IMHO.

Banjo
22-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi Bermuda!

bermuda
22-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I wan't insinuating it's all over, but that QGC is welding a big stick & BOW have little to gain pursuing RPM other than to annoy QGC.

I would imagine QGC would go after BOW in a hostile battle if BOW stops them getting 90% of RPM.

As i've said before RPM & VPE have interests in the very prospective CSG permit PL171, BOW wanted it & QGC has now got it...:rolleyes:

Eventually QGC will own 100% of PL171...

I'll leave it to others to work out what's likely to happen...

Having a map of the Walloon area (& QGC's move into SHG), shows exactly what plans they have IMHO.

Yes,
Agree what you say. I was referring to the Roma oil assets which have just got a lot better with the Growler-4 result. After talking with JK during the week this 'little' Growler could really start to growl. ( but I know the drill bit does the talking ).

Lot more fun to be had eh.

Dr_Who
23-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Bermuda. Is it possible to post the top shareholders list on here? I would like to see the top share holders. I am keen to put some BOW away, but the timing has to be right to max return. :)

bermuda
23-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Bermuda. Is it possible to post the top shareholders list on here? I would like to see the top share holders. I am keen to put some BOW away, but the timing has to be right to max return. :)

Hi Banjo! Thankyou for your message.

Dr Who,
I think you need to ask a broker to get the list for you. Otherwise go to the last annual report and they have the top 20 but obviously it is a bit outdated. See Annual Report dated 30 October 2007 page 94. The next one will show me at about number 14. But I could be higher on the options.

Growler starting to growl. Here's to Warhawk and Wirriway.

Sorry Dr Who, the above relates to VPE. I will look up BOW now for you. 27 October 2007 page 24. I will have moved up to number 9. Good to see ARROW at number 5.

Interesting times.

MrDevine
24-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Just got my cheque from QGC on RPM offer, think its time to load up the BOW.

I did think there would be a higher bid on RPM (so I lost 5% profit on topping up), but not to be. However in this poker game don't rule out QGC taking over half (or all) of BOW by accepting BOW's offer for RPM.

As Bermuda says, 'interesting times' indeed.

Mr D.

bermuda
25-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Just noticed a bit of interest coming in for BOW at 26.5 cents with sell side getting thinner.

Anyone got any ideas apart from being fundamentally way oversold.?

ps...looks like I spoke too early. Back to 25!

Mysterybox
02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=BOW&N=202789

AMR
02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?E=ASX&S=BOW&N=202789

Great presentation. Does anyone know where to find the audio?

Grand Uber
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Good to see they won an award for achievement at the conference aswell

I like the part where they say they expect to increase the current shareprice by tenfold

No wonder the directors are buying at these levels.

the 90 day moving average is still in an uptrend and heres hoping the fourth wave in this uptrend follows the obvious pattern

shasta
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Good to see they won an award for achievement at the conference aswell

I like the part where they say they expect to increase the current shareprice by tenfold

No wonder the directors are buying at these levels.

the 90 day moving average is still in an uptrend and heres hoping the fourth wave in this uptrend follows the obvious pattern

Bow withdraws it's takeover bid... :(

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RPM&E=ASX&N=202921

bermuda
12-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Nice little result from Cuisinier-1. Potential to drill a lot of wells in this area which will give BOW (and VPE ) substantial income. Plenty coming up.

shasta
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Nice little result from Cuisinier-1. Potential to drill a lot of wells in this area which will give BOW (and VPE ) substantial income. Plenty coming up.

Here's the full ann...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=203120

scorp57
12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
jumped into VPE yesterday 21.5c will buy my BOW back soon. sold em a while back for a nice profit.

looking forward to the ride Bermuda

Grand Uber
20-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Bow's been holding up well during the ups and downs of the past few days.

Does anyone have any comments on the remuneration options announcement yesterday?

Do these sort of announcements give a bit of an indication of where the company believes the shareprice will be headed over the next few years?

If so it looks like 50% a year is completley doable with BOW

brettdale
21-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Are there any big buy orders coming?

Grand Uber
22-09-2008, 12:33 PM
anouncement out today

Bow successful bidder on three very high potential CSG blocks in the Bowen basin

Right next to Gladstone

Good stuff

Crypto Crude
22-09-2008, 12:40 PM
wow wow wow...
One for each block...
this stock just gets better and better...
should be trading above 50c...
:cool:
.^sc

upside_umop
22-09-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah, this is fast becoming one of my favourites...

i hope it stays down long enough for my summer money to roll in :D

bermuda
22-09-2008, 12:55 PM
wow wow wow...
One for each block...
this stock just gets better and better...
should be trading above 50c...
.^sc

Shrewdy,
Ron didnt appoint two new experienced senior executives for nothing. This is very good news and their association with ARROW is a huge bonus in this game. ARROW have a shareholding in BOW. Ron is ex ARROW, Nick Maher is ex ARROW and Stephen Bizzell is a current BOW and ARROW director.

Ron is building a much larger company than most realise.

Well done BOW.

Crypto Crude
22-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Bermuda,
I still for the life of me cant figure out how on Earth you did it...
And you picked three of the very best leveraged CSG stocks too...
not just a one hit wonder...
Look, Ive come to realise that its all far too easy if I pledge funds to your favourite CSG stocks... I wont learn anything...So Ive decided to go out as a lone soldier and try to make my own decisions...;)....
Ive done the sums on my favourite... 50c per share in future revenues... above $1 on this PNG LNG...
exploration with little downside coming... low risk appraisal drilling throughout next year (with the bulk mid year)....I have to be patient for the next few months...
.^sc

The Big Ease
23-09-2008, 12:28 AM
until now i hadnt seriously considered investing in BOW, instead preferring VPE.
i think this changes everything (especially the PLR2008-1-13).

i dont think shrewd crude used enough wows to describe the potential of that permit alone. take a look at its immediate neighbours (PES and SHG) and their prospects from those permits.

btw, i just went through a presentation by PES. Why cant VPE put something like that together?!?!

The Big Ease
23-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Shrewdy,
Ron didnt appoint two new experienced senior executives for nothing. This is very good news and their association with ARROW is a huge bonus in this game. ARROW have a shareholding in BOW. Ron is ex ARROW, Nick Maher is ex ARROW and Stephen Bizzell is a current BOW and ARROW director.

Ron is building a much larger company than most realise.

Well done BOW.

arrow just got approval for its 500m pipeline in the bow basin.
i like the arrow links to bow as well.
it will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

have bow declared a timeline for don juan certification?

Grand Uber
23-09-2008, 07:32 AM
from memory its will be in the first quater of 2009, provided the market doesnt collapse that is going to be a big year for bow.

Dr_Who
23-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Will Bow need to raise cash or do they have enough cash in the kitty to pay for the successful purchase of the CSG block?

bermuda
23-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Will Bow need to raise cash or do they have enough cash in the kitty to pay for the successful purchase of the CSG block?

Good question.

If I was Ron I would get them on deferred payment and in the meantime get some drilling done with the help of a few Heavyweight Partners. And then form a very strong financial partnership. Ron hates dilution. And no wonder. He is a big shareholder.

This CSG thing is going to get a lot bigger...again.

MrDevine
23-09-2008, 11:28 AM
This story gets better. I brought BOW @ 25.5c with my cash from QGC.

But I think I could have brought it cheaper today, I am getting 'market sick' from all this volatility.

Mr D.

Grand Uber
23-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Sell depth disapearing and buy depth increasing, volume going up, id say 25.5 was a good entry at this stage

Mysterybox
24-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Announcement:

Director stocking up on some BOW can't be a bad thing :)

brettdale
24-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Well its better than a director selling? There is a lot of talk on hotcopper about bow, but those guys always get excited.

STRAT
24-09-2008, 07:14 PM
There is a lot of talk on hotcopper about bow, but those guys always get excited. Oh dont say that. Thats a bad sign.:p

AMR
24-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I spotted a 123 trend reversal in this stock yesterday on very light volume. When this move shows itself to be on decent volume I'm going in.

MrDevine
25-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Hardly much HC chatter about BOW Brettdale, you checked out the MAK or FMS threads? Thats a nut-house.

Who knows where the stock is headed in this market. I notice that with Short Selling banned on the ASX my QGC has rebounded strongly. Most Gas stocks holding well at the moment.

AMR
25-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I spotted a 123 trend reversal in this stock yesterday on very light volume. When this move shows itself to be on decent volume I'm going in.

Crap I should have gone in when my system told me to.

brettdale
25-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Hardly much HC chatter about BOW Brettdale, you checked out the MAK or FMS threads? Thats a nut-house.

Who knows where the stock is headed in this market. I notice that with Short Selling banned on the ASX my QGC has rebounded strongly. Most Gas stocks holding well at the moment.

Yep pretty steady while others have been dropping, I will have to look at MAK and FMS.

bermuda
26-09-2008, 06:59 PM
For those interested there is a very positive article on BOW in yesterday's Australian Investor.

People are starting to realise that stocks like BOW ( and a host of others ) got absolutely hammered. This is big news for BOW and puts them on another level. Not that the market would appreciate it. But a few guys did early on which indicates that those in the know, know this is pretty good news.

This is big.

bermuda
26-09-2008, 07:30 PM
For those interested there is a very positive article on BOW in yesterday's Australian Investor.

People are starting to realise that stocks like BOW ( and a host of others ) got absolutely hammered. This is big news for BOW and puts them on another level. Not that the market would appreciate it. But a few guys did early on which indicates that those in the know, know this is pretty good news.

This is big.

Hey guys , this is a fact. I had absolutely no idea from looking at charts etc that this was going up. Yet you guys picked from your TA's etc and forecast a rise. How do you do it? I reckon I am too old to learn it. I do like it when you agree with my fundamentals.lol

The reason the share price went up was because recently Ron has picked up some really juicy stuff that other senior players wanted. No one really knows the significance of it and in this Bear market who cares. But believe me Ron did bloody well picking this up. And you guys have successfully worked this out by studying volumes as now the market is starting to realise what in fact Ron did. The guy's a go getter. I mean he was part of forming Arrow and for very good reasons moved on.He openly admits he is not a manager. This guy is an achiever and I just love the way the salaries are low and their shareholding is high. How often do you see this? This thing can really go. May not be as good as ARROW but he has got oil on his side and some commanding CSG acreage. This acreage is big and was keenly contested by the big boys and Ron won.

Have a read of that article . Then you will realise why the price went up. Nothing to do with charts. This is big.

This success has put BOW into Mid Tier Company status.

MrDevine
26-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't lynch me for it, but I sold out today. Everything in fact. Made a little profit on BOW (sold at .34) and if this Bailout blows over OK next week then I'm back in. Just couldn't handle the volatility and market risk. BOW has had a good run in this bear market last few days.

If coast is clear next week I'm back in, even if at a higher price.

Mr D.

Grand Uber
26-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I assume this is the article you've been talking about Bermuda

Bow Energy Continues to Strengthen its Position in Renowned Producing Oil and CSG Basins via its Appointment as the Successful Bidder on Three Very High Potential CSG Blocks

Bow Energy Ltd is an energy company that has a two pronged emphasis on oil and coal seam gas (CSG). It is strategically positioned in several of Australia's most prolific on shore producing basins and has a solid management and technical team that are committed to utilising this position to capitalise on the strength within these sectors to generate wealth for its shareholders.

Illustrating the Company’s progress towards this objective, the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy has advised that Bow is the preferred tenderer for three new CSG blocks in the most recent 2008 land release.

Mr. Ronald Prefontaine, Bow’s Managing Director informed the Australian Investor, “This is a significant development from Bow’s perspective as we believe the blocks have multiple TCF potential and our team has the experience and know-how to turn this potential into cash.”

The Company originally started off as a spin off of Arrow Energy in 2005. Bow’s current directors were all executive directors of Arrow Energy during its formative years and since then Arrow has evolved into one of the larger coal seam gas producers in Australia.

Bow’s directors have never taken any free incentive shares or options in the company and are paid at the lower end of the scale - they plan to make the bigger money by being Bow shareholders meaning their interests are directly aligned with the shareholders.

“Initially Bow was created as an oil exploration company, which later diversified into the CSG sector,” Mr. Prefontaine explained to the Australian Investor, “As a result we have an exploration strategy that focuses on both oil and CSG exploration and production.”

The conventional oil side of the business is managed by Mr. Paul Lipski, Bow’s Chief Executive Officer for Convention Petroleum. His main priority going forward is to build Bow’s conventional oil portfolio and to continue to increase its oil production and reserves.

“Significantly advancing our progress towards these goals, Bow was a partner with Santos on a new field oil discovery called Cuisinier-1, earlier this year,” Mr. Prefontaine told the Australian Investor, “The operator has indicated Cusinier-1 should flow between 200 to 300 barrels a day. We believe it is a big oil discovery and our interpretation of the current data set indicates the Cuisinier structure has a mapped areal closure in excess of 40 sq km meaning it has the potential to host a large number of additional production wells.”

Cuisinier-1 is located approximately 6km west of the Santos operated Cook Oil Field in southwest Queensland, near the South Australian border. It is the first well under a staged farmin agreement with Santos Ltd and Avery Resources Pty Ltd where Bow is fully carried on up to five additional oil exploration wells, plus new 3D seismic acquisition. Bow retains a 15% working interest in ATP 752P on completion of all farmin stages.

“There are several additional prospects on trend with this discovery in the same block,” Mr. Prefontaine informed the Australian Investor, “The priority in this area is to increase the production of this project via the latest discovery of Cuisinier-1 through successful appraisal during 2009.”

Bow’s second focus within its conventional oil division is the development of its Southwest Surat Oil Project, which has recently been partially farmed out to Mosaic Oil.

“Mosaic Oil is our preferred joint venture partner and operator, as the company is a proven Surat basin explorer and producer,” Mr. Prefontaine explained to the Australian Investor, “We plan to start drilling in 2009 within our Stratton Project area to search for oil pools in the 2 to 10 million barrel range. Bow retains 42% of the area after the farmin is completed.”

Bow also has the largest gross land holding in the central Eromanga Basin oil province which it is looking to diversify via farm-in arrangements.

Mr. Prefontaine told the Australian Investor, “In regards to our CSG portfolio, we have three main project areas: the Don Juan area; Canaway Ridge; and the Bowen Basin where we have three soon to be awarded blocks.”

At the Don Juan area, located north of Roma, the initial exploration and production testing have been carried out and the Company is in process of reserve certification, with the aim of certifying reserves later this year or early in 2009.

At the Canaway Ridge, Bow plans to drill two core holes in November to determine gas content and coal thickness which should indicate if the area has the potential to be a new CSG province.

The really big news is that Bow has been offered by the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy 100% of three new blocks located within one of Australia’s most prolific Coal Seam Gas (CSG) fairways in the Bowen Basin. The blocks have a total area of 2,200 square kilometres.

“We are very excited by the potential of these new CSG areas especially considering they are in the heart of one of Australia’s highest rated coal seam gas provinces near the port of Gladstone,” Mr. Prefontaine informed the Australian Investor, “Additionally, they are on trend with some of the country’s biggest CSG projects and neighbouring blocks are held by some of Australia’s biggest CSG players.”

Bow’s belief that the Company is in the right address is strengthened by previous drilling and production results which indicates the new areas have the potential to hold giant CSG fields. Another advantage is that they are located near existing and proposed gas pipeline and infrastructure including planned export LNG facilities in Gladstone.

The Company intends to commence exploration and production programs as soon as the blocks are granted, with the target of establishing significant gas reserves during 2009.

“With Bow’s potential huge uncommitted gas reserves and the location of these new areas adjacent to pipelines and near proposed export LNG facilities in Gladstone, we believe Bow will be in strong position to be a significant new participant in the evolving export LNG market,” Mr. Prefontaine noted.

According to Mr. Prefontaine, Bow has a number of key strengths that will aid its future growth and development, including its excellent management and technical team that have the required skill sets to find and commercialise energy reserves.

Additionally, the Company believes its diversified portfolio in both oil and CSG will provide them with the capacity to create a mid tier Australian listed company.

“We see Bow progressing in a similar fashion to Arrow Energy as we have a similar large and diversified land position and exploration strategy,” Mr. Prefontaine told the Australian Investor, “The key difference is that we also have an expanding oil portfolio.”

As the Company continues to grow, Mr. Prefontaine intends to pass the baton to his two competent CEOs to manage the day to day operations of company and advance Bow’s projects to the next levels.

“I believe it is important to know your limitations,” he explained to the Australian Investor, “My strengths lie in identifying and acquiring the right areas to be in, not managing a production company. As a major shareholder with almost 5% of the Company I intend to stay on as a Director to continue to aid its development in any way I can.”

Mr. Prefontaine concluded, “We are very optimistic about the future growth of Bow and intend to maintain our current momentum by leveraging off our strategic positions in proven producing areas to maximise the value and wealth for our shareholders.”

September 2008

Ron Prefontaine

Managing Director

bermuda
26-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Good question.

If I was Ron I would get them on deferred payment and in the meantime get some drilling done with the help of a few Heavyweight Partners. And then form a very strong financial partnership. Ron hates dilution. And no wonder. He is a big shareholder.

This CSG thing is going to get a lot bigger...again.

Had a word to Ron,

Aint going to cost them anything.

Hope you guys saw the latest announcement. This thing is big. Even beat the Majors.

bermuda
26-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Grand Uber,
Exactly. What a cracker.This guy is good. Nuff said.

STRAT
27-09-2008, 11:00 AM
. And you guys have successfully worked this out by studying volumes as now the market is starting to realise what in fact Ron did.
Hi Bermuda,
Theres no significant increase in volume yet so the market hasnt caught on or is too afraid to take the plunge IMUO.
The market may still ignore this in which case Mr D may have timed his exit rather nicely.
A lot of punters are waiting to see what the Yanks will do next I think.

What do you think AMR?
You ignored the 123 because of volume. Right?
That was the right decision I reckon.

Phaedrus, do you follow this stock?
If so I would love to hear your thoughts on the last weeks trading.

AMR
27-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Bermuda,
Theres no significant increase in volume yet so the market hasnt caught on or is too afraid to take the plunge IMUO.
The market may still ignore this in which case Mr D may have timed his exit rather nicely.
A lot of punters are waiting to see what the Yanks will do next I think.

What do you think AMR?
You ignored the 123 because of volume. Right?
That was the right decision I reckon.

If so I would love to hear your thoughts on the last weeks trading.

Yes I thought the volume was too thin so I ignored the buy signal. I think BOW is now a "buy on the dips" stock for the foreseeable future. Will put up a chart later :)

Phaedrus
27-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes, very closely. Here are just some of the indicators that I use :-
http://h1.ripway.com/Phaedrus/BOW927.gif

A lot of people have commented on the fact that BOW volumes are still below average. As a result of this, the OBV has still not triggered a Buy signal, even though most everything else has. Look back, though, at the April turnaround. There the price rose 50% (18 - 27) before "above average" volume kicked in. People were very slow to recognise the uptrend. Right now, BOW has risen 50% from the latest low (23 - 34) so, if volume is going to kick in late as it did before, now should be the time.

The more cautious and conservative your approach, the less risk you will run, but the later you will buy and the higher the price you will pay. Act when only one or two indicators have triggered and you will buy much earlier but run more risk. Anyone buying at the light green arrow buy signals would have had a losing trade, for example - their stoploss (magenta line) would have been hit (magenta arrow). The same active traders would have more than made up for that small loss by virtue of their early entries in both April and September.

Generally speaking, the more actively you trade, the lower your hit-rate. You can't win them all - but of course you don't have to. All you really need to do to be profitable is be right more often than you are wrong and make more money when you are right than you lose when you are wrong. You can't control the size of your wins (you can only take what the market gives you) but you CAN control the size of your losses. Hence, some sort of loss-limiting mechanism or strategy is mandatory. The annals of ST are littered with instances of people caught in downtrending stocks and, because they had no loss limitation strategy, they rode the downtrend all the way to the bottom. You simply CANNOT get it right every time, so you MUST make sure that when you are wrong, you do not sustain unacceptable losses.

This will be my last post for a while (going on holiday).

tricha
27-09-2008, 08:38 PM
You simply CANNOT get it right every time, so you MUST make sure that when you are wrong, you do not sustain unacceptable losses.

Well said Phaedrus, Happy Holidays!

AA

Phaedrus - "year later and you are still not in profit - all the TA based entries are though."

WELL what do we have here, happy holiday Phaedrus :), sounds like u need a WELL earned break.

P.S Sorry to diverge away from the fundamentals.

Bermuda :"Have a read of that article . Then you will realise why the price went up. Nothing to do with charts. This is big."

mark100
27-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I sold around 2/3 of my holding on Friday at 35.5-37. In this market you've got to take what you can get even if the fundamentals are great. Looking to re-enter on a pull back to low 30's or a higher volume break upward.

Bermuda, you said these new leases didn't cost BOW anything. Is that correct? How did BOW get them if they were being chased by the likes of AOE and QGC?

bermuda
28-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I sold around 2/3 of my holding on Friday at 35.5-37. In this market you've got to take what you can get even if the fundamentals are great. Looking to re-enter on a pull back to low 30's or a higher volume break upward.

Bermuda, you said these new leases didn't cost BOW anything. Is that correct? How did BOW get them if they were being chased by the likes of AOE and QGC?

Because the guy is good. I actually rang Ron and asked him this very question. The answer was the sort of thing that makes you want to buy more of BOW. It was very positive. In fact I did him a disservice by not acknowledging what a great achievement this has been for BOW.

That latest news thing in the Auusie investor says it all. This guy gets things done. He has got huge acreage negotiated at $25 per barrel. And he owns 5% of the company, the salaries are low and the incentives are great.

I almost own 2 million. And when they mature I am giving the lot to my two daughers to give to their favourite charities.

bermuda
28-09-2008, 01:25 PM
That is very nice to hear Bermuda, to recieve we must first give, the richest people in the world are those who have given the most in one form or another.

In the 7 laws Of Spiritual Success - Deepak Chopra

Law 2

The Law of Giving
This law could also be called the Law of Giving and Receiving, because the universe operates through dynamic exchange. The flow of life is nothing other than the harmonious interaction of all the elements and forces that structure the field of existence. Because your body and your mind and the universe are in constant and dynamic change, stopping the circulation of energy is like stopping the flow of blood. Whenever blood stops flowing, it begins to clot, to stagnate. That is why you must give and receive in order to keep wealth and affluence--or anything you want--circulating in your life. If our only intention is to hold on to our money and hoard it--since it's life energy, we will stop its circulation back into our lives as well. In order to keep that energy coming to us, we have to keep the energy circulating. Thus, the more you give, the more you will receive. The best way to put The Law of Giving into operation is to make a decision that any time you come into contact with anyone, you will give them something. It doesn't have to be in the form of material things; it could be a flower, a compliment or a prayer. In fact, the most powerful forms of giving are non-material. The gifts of caring, attention, affection, appreciation and love are some of the most precious gifts you can give, and they don't cost you anything.

1) The Law of Pure Potentiality
2) The Law of Giving
3) The Law of Karma (or Cause and Effect)
4) The Law of Least Effort
5) The Law of Intention and Desire
6) The Law of Detachment
7) The Law of "Dharma" or Purpose in Life

http://www.shareguide.com/Chopra.html

http://www.audible.com/adbl/entry/offers/productPromo2.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&productID=SP_NEWL_000001

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Spiritual-Laws-Success-Fulfillment/dp/1878424114

AA

Thankyou AA. These are good words you posted. My eldest daughter ( Belinda ) is a physio and wanted to work for corso. I wouldn't let her. My youngest ( Fiona ) is studying natural medicine in Melbourne. She used to work for Trade Aid in her spare time ( for nothing ) . She went to north India on her own and did a 10 day meditation course. They are pure givers and will know where to put the money to good work.

In fact next week I am meeting Ron and his friends Dave and Fiona Crawford for a bbq at Ron's. Dave and Fiona are part of " Be a Hero Australia"....which Ron told me about.
I havent met them before so it will be interesting to hear of this movement.

That is one of the many reasons I like BOW... (and Ron and John Kopcheff ( VPE ) are best mates.)

Thankyou again for those words. Sometimes we forget how important they are.

Have a look at the Be a Hero Australia website.

It is not an orphan's fault he has no care.

Happy Hols Phaedrus.

STRAT
29-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes, very closely. Here are just some of the indicators that I use :-

This will be my last post for a while (going on holiday).Thanks Phaedrus.

Happy Holidays

soulman
30-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Mark, you re-enter BOW today? Holding up quite well today.

tricha
30-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi Bermuda.

You being the CSG expert, with the maps and all.

% wise roughly how much CSG would BOW have compared to Origin.

After listening to another interview with Matt over the weekend, British Gas must be going to get desperate to shore up some CSG or something.

Cheers Tricha.

bermuda
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Bermuda.

You being the CSG expert, with the maps and all.

% wise roughly how much CSG would BOW have compared to Origin.

After listening to another interview with Matt over the weekend, British Gas must be going to get desperate to shore up some CSG or something.

Cheers Tricha.
Hi Tricha,
I would only be guessing. Origin is a big time player. Bow is just a minnow with a big future. Don Juan, Canaway and now the 3 new blocks will elevate BOW to mid tier status. These 3 new blocks are seriously good and were won under stiff competition. Well done Ron.

Have a look at the map in the latest news about winning these bids.Terrific addresses eh?

macduffy
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Another notice of director's interests from N Mather.

He's still buying!

;)

bermuda
06-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Another notice of director's interests from N Mather.

He's still buying!

;)

And why wouldnt you with what's coming up. This latest tender success is a whole lot bigger than people think. Have a look. Multiple TCF potential.

mark100
10-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Mark, you re-enter BOW today? Holding up quite well today.

Bought a few back today at 22 soulman. CSG is really on the nose (like everything). QGC is back under $3 as well.

MrDevine
10-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Wild swings in BOW. It was 38c last week!

My trade has exploded after I brought a few back at 35c, thinking TARP bill would stablise (by that I mean, flatline it) the markets. Then for a double whammy the NZD/AUD cross goes balistic to 90c. Argh, this bear market has claws, and its eaten some of my profits.

I take confidence that Ron and Mr Mather are buying on market, however you can take nothing for granted in this market, and hope does not exist.

Mr D holds.

MrDevine
10-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah yeah, where was my stop loss I know.

shasta
10-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah yeah, where was my stop loss I know.

If you are deeming yourself an "investor", getting stopped out of a volatile stock like BOW can be expensive if brokerage & FX cross rates are taken into account, if you like the company & keep buying back in.

Stop losses have there place for capital protection, but sooner or later the fundamentals of a company do come to fruition!

Sometimes it's better to sit back & take a longer term focus...:cool:

BOW has plenty going for it oil wise, (ie, Santos drills) before the CSG certification comes in.

Unfortunately for me BOW doesn't meet my new investment criteria...

STRAT
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Bought some BOW today.
I guess I will be feeling very smug or a total mug this time next week lol

shasta
10-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Bought some BOW today.
I guess I will be feeling very smug or a total mug this time next week lol

Strat

Read my post above yours, BOW is not IMO a trading stock, but one for those with the patienta...;)

BOW & VPE both seem to be sitting on an oil fairway & have greats CSG tenements.

15% each for Santos to take the risks, mmm how many juniors get that?

STRAT
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Strat

Read my post above yours, BOW is not IMO a trading stock, but one for those with the patienta...;)

BOW & VPE both seem to be sitting on an oil fairway & have greats CSG tenements.

15% each fro Santos to take the risks, mmm how many juniors get that?Hi Shasta,
as you know Ive been looking for an entry into this one for some time. I figure today is a good day to have a play. Been pondering on it all day today and now that the **** has really hit the fan world wide I suspect there will be rabbits being pulled from hats all over the show next week. If Im right I will trade into a bounce. If Im wrong Im happy to sit on BOW for a while. Not my usual tactics but worth a crack I reckon. Must admit more VPE and or CUE were looking pretty attractive today too.

Tok3n
10-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Was this the only energy company that finished green today?

shasta
10-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Was this the only energy company that finished green today?

Looking at my CSG & O&G watchlist, yes!

shasta
14-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Looking at my CSG & O&G watchlist, yes!

BOW - Video presentation on BOW's strategy :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=204289

Rif-Raf
14-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Did anyone manage to view the video ok? Audio was fine, but part way through the video was inverted and bright green. Also audio is not synching with video in some parts as video is stuck. Looks like there are problems with the video/video website investortv.com
Hope they haven't paid good money for this!

shasta
14-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone manage to view the video ok? Audio was fine, but part way through the video was inverted and bright green. Also audio is not synching with video in some parts as video is stuck. Looks like there are problems with the video/video website investortv.com

BOW accepts very high potential CSG blocks

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=204290

bermuda
14-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Hi Rif Raf,
My video was fine. I was impressed with the new CEO's and just loved that talk about Cuisinier. 100 wells at 200 bbls per day each would be mind boggling. And the Directors are still buying in. And why not? They have just been formally advised that their bid for the new CSG blocks has been successful.

Ron helped set up Arrow. Bow has huge potential. ( and dont forget that VPE has 15% of Cuisinier too )
Cheers

The Big Ease
14-10-2008, 08:30 PM
i just topped up vpe.
dam i wish i had some more cash because i am really really liking bow.

i hope the price hangs around current levels for a few more weeks yet. at least this will alllow me to get a few by then.

Rif-Raf
14-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Rif Raf,
My video was fine. I was impressed with the new CEO's and just loved that talk about Cuisinier. 100 wells at 200 bbls per day each would be mind boggling. And the Directors are still buying in. And why not? They have just been formally advised that their bid for the new CSG blocks has been successful.

Ron helped set up Arrow. Bow has huge potential. ( and dont forget that VPE has 15% of Cuisinier too )
Cheers

Managed to see better version of video and yes impressed with strategy and like you say back of envelope stuff on Cuisiner alone is pretty mind boggling stuff.
Also rally impressed that directors have been buying while the world has been ending, if that is not a vote of confidence i don't know what is.

mark100
14-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I reckon BOW is looking to raise capital soon. They are doing a lot of PR lately combined with some director buying to get investors interested.

Last set of accounts they had $8m cash but with all these new tenements they will need to spend many millions more to prove up a large quantity of 2P reserves

bermuda
14-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I reckon BOW is looking to raise capital soon. They are doing a lot of PR lately combined with some director buying to get investors interested.

Last set of accounts they had $8m cash but with all these new tenements they will need to spend many millions more to prove up a large quantity of 2P reserves

Mark,
Ron absolutely hates capital raisings. He is a major shareholder. That's the beauty of this company.

Ron is a deal maker. He will get the cash somehow but capital raising will be a very last resort.

This thing is set to fly. Get rid of the BEAR.

Jess9
21-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Would have thought BOW be up a little higher as of today. Lowish volumes however. Is there anything anticipated in the IMMEDIATE future to ignite interest again?

Jess9
21-10-2008, 09:10 PM
A nicely negotiated farm-in arrangement (on the new CSG permits) to be free/part carried would be a great next move... what are the chances? I like the low shares on issue of BOW - especially if Ron can grow the coy as Bermuda suggests, without cap raising/dilution.

shasta
23-10-2008, 04:33 PM
A nicely negotiated farm-in arrangement (on the new CSG permits) to be free/part carried would be a great next move... what are the chances? I like the low shares on issue of BOW - especially if Ron can grow the coy as Bermuda suggests, without cap raising/dilution.

BOW - CSG Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=204645

Jess9
23-10-2008, 08:08 PM
New CSG permits do look to have "company maker" potential. BOW targeting 6,200 PJ (or 115 million tonnes of LPG) is rather impressive. That, in addition to what is currently in play. Shame they didn't get this about 3 months ago.

Jess9
24-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Bermuda, do you think the QGC trading halt maybe the start of some serious consolidation in the area? I guess BOW could be an attractive target now it also has some really massive CSG potential, and considering the location of these permits.

bermuda
24-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Bermuda, do you think the QGC trading halt maybe the start of some serious consolidation in the area? I guess BOW could be an attractive target now it also has some really massive CSG potential, and considering the location of these permits.

I am not in the know. But of course there will be consolidation. There arent going to be 4 Gladstone plants. The beauty about Ron is that he knows what is going on and isnt afraid to improve his position in a medium term picture. As I said before the latest 3 permits were achieved against some fierce opposition. Dont forget that Ron has a sizeable chunk of BOW and Bizzell is a very good link.

Ron has got BOW in a very good position but the BEAR doesnt understand.

Jess9
25-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Bermuda - have you crunched a rough value per share on BOW, based on anticipated/likely CSG and oil reserves and (and including its 3 new permits)?

Jess9
25-10-2008, 08:55 PM
...just wondering, what BOW might be heading for - if "the consolidation" is beginning and BG or another player brings out the cheque book.

brettdale
27-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Been to a few other forums, this is one popular country, its on the watch list on many people.

STRAT
29-10-2008, 03:31 PM
just having another crack at uploading pics:o

Jess9
29-10-2008, 08:31 PM
OBV looks good too.

bermuda
29-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Bermuda - have you crunched a rough value per share on BOW, based on anticipated/likely CSG and oil reserves and (and including its 3 new permits)?

Hi Jess 9,
Am now hopeless at doing DCF's. I just go for the story. And what a story BOW has to tell. Same with VPE....and ITC.(oil )

The CSG/LNG story is very much intact. Just leave it to Ron to maximise BOW's potential. He has made some great strides in the last few months. Got a wee bit distracted with trying to extract some more dough from Roma...but if BOW held on they will get a good price from the QGC shares they inherited. But that it just a side issue.

BOW has some real quality CSG permits. Could possibly be worth more than 7000 TCF. He is a very good forward thinker and has a huge knowledge of the industry. Doesnt sit around.

STRAT
29-10-2008, 11:49 PM
OBV looks good too.Yup.
Sorry Jess. Still havent figured out why the charts shrink during upload. Might need a bit of help from Vince.

Jess9
30-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks Bermuda. A 7000 TCF potential, could that place BOW, size wise, at anything nearing what QGC hold?

I also wonder if some QGC money may flow down into the juniors over the next few days. With BG willing to pay 100% cash on market, at a near a 100% premium some may wish to double up again as the second and third tier coys move in relation/takeover. The Queensland CSG sector looks set for some good times, make a nice change from the general market!

Jess9
01-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Chart measures suggest that BOW may be set for a wee run higher, but who knows in this mad market!

Jess9
01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Strat, did Vince assist? Can u post any chart update?