PDA

View Full Version : BOW (Bow Energy)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Jess9
01-11-2008, 07:45 AM
I guess a close over 27 on good turnover would set the run...

Dr_Who
01-11-2008, 09:37 AM
How many QGC shares do BOW own?

I am getting interested in BOW again.

bermuda
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
How many QGC shares do BOW own?

I am getting interested in BOW again.

From the RPM AR
BOW 5.1m equals 90270 QGC equals $519052
Ron 8.1m equals 143370 QGC equals $824377
Mr and Mrs Ron 727242 RPM equals 12872 QGC equals $74015

Nice one BOW and Ron.

STRAT
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Strat, did Vince assist? Can u post any chart update?Hi Jess, Ive only posted the question to him today so not yet.

Chart looks good as do many others but volume still light on most of em. I would say its a change in market sentiment rather than a change in sentiment towards BOW which could change any day as it hangs IMO on the actions and fortune of the Yanks. Thought I saw a bottom over the last couple of weeks but havent been brave enough to trust my own judgement and am pretty much still sitting on my hands but watching close.

I sold the BOW I bought around the time I posted that chart which may have been a mistake but I will jump back on if and when I feel safe. Id rather loose some profit than take a loss and as you know a 25% loss requires a 33% gain to break even

Jess9
01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Strat. Agree u need to be very comfortable with what you hold, especially with recent wild market swings. CSG cert is getting closer for BOW and the big difference as of last week (to me at least) is the BG move on QGC. This seriously stirred things up in the sector and is a massive massive confidence boost for Queensland CSG and its international export.

bermuda
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Strat. Agree u need to be very comfortable with what you hold, especially with recent wild market swings. CSG cert is getting closer for BOW and the big difference as of last week (to me at least) is the BG move on QGC. This seriously stirred things up in the sector and is a massive massive confidence boost for Queensland CSG and its international export.

Hi Jess9.
Have a read of the latest Matt Simmons presentaion ( see simmonsco-intl.com/ ) and you will understand what lies ahead for CSG.

Alternatives have to be found for oil because there are problems ahead.

There are about 150 odd LNG tankers doing their trade. And another 150 on order right now. ( take figures as general )

That says it all. That's why British Gas and a host of others are into it...heavily.

STRAT
01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Jess and Super B,
I agree with what yall are saying but its the timing I am interested in. BG are acting on a long term plan. How long is yet to be determined. I dont look much further than 6 months ahead or less when making a trade so the actions of BG somewhat secondary to me unless of course the market reacts to it. The last 6 months has clearly reinforced my belief that with my limited skills sticking to short time frames is my best course of action. I would imagine most long term investors would have had a good kicking given to their confidence this year.

I can still see Oil making a turn by or before Christmas though if the recent market bottom was in fact the bottom.

By the way, how far away is CSG Certification?

bermuda
01-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Jess and Super B,
I agree with what yall are saying but its the timing I am interested in. BG are acting on a long term plan. How long is yet to be determined. I dont look much further than 6 months ahead or less when making a trade so the actions of BG somewhat secondary to me unless of course the market reacts to it. The last 6 months has clearly reinforced my belief that with my limited skills sticking to short time frames is my best course of action. I would imagine most long term investors would have had a good kicking given to their confidence this year.

I can still see Oil making a turn by or before Christmas though if the recent market bottom was in fact the bottom.

By the way, how far away is CSG Certification?

Strat,
Know what you say but as for timing......this is urgent. BG got turned down by Origin and lost about 6 months. They have to honour forthcoming contracts re the Singapore LNG Hub ( which they won over a disgruntled Woodside ).

Strat, I am going to have to ask you to tune your guitar.... timing...far out....this is urgent. Adjust those strings. lol. All Blacks by 10?

As I said at the beginning of this post, I know what you say. Thanks for your contributions.Cheers

STRAT
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Strat,
Know what you say but as for timing......this is urgent. BG got turned down by Origin and lost about 6 months. They have to honour forthcoming contracts re the Singapore LNG Hub ( which they won over a disgruntled Woodside ).

Strat, I am going to have to ask you to tune your guitar. Bad timing...far out....this is urgent. Adjust those strings. lol. All Blacks by 10?Haha. Fair call. I should have hung onto that last batch of BOW.... perhaps :p

Will the timing of BOW's CSG certification fit in with BG's urgency and if so what do you reckon will be the out come for BOW if any? BG may have comitments but as long as oil is this low I cant see CSG booming in terms of the SP for CSG stocks.

PS talking of timing I got 20c for my RPM even if it was by accident :D

All Blacks by 10?
I have no Idea I know even less about rugby that I do about the stock market and yes I am a kiwi born and bread though some find it hard to believe when I say I dont know the difference between a forward and a winger

bermuda
01-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Haha. Fair call. I should have hung onto that last batch of BOW.... perhaps :p

Will the timing of BOW's CSG certification fit in with BG's urgency and if so what do you reckon will be the out come for BOW if any?

PS talking of timing I got 20c for my RPM even if it was by accident :D

Strat, that is a big question for a Saturday night when I am getting ready to watch the All Blacks win by more than 10.5 points.

BOW's sitting on a 'CSG' mine.

ps Re RPM, did a deal with BOW...win/win. But also great for all LATE RPM shareholders. Notice the word LATE...just as Ron implored. It was headline stuff on all his correspondence. Dont sell!!!. Ron knows this CSG scene inside out.

I am picking 10.5 points. What's yours?

STRAT
01-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Strat, that is a big question for a Saturday night when I am getting ready to watch the All Blacks win by more than 10.5 points.

BOW's sitting on a 'CSG' mine.
Enjoy the game :D

Jess9
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
27.5c close and the charts now looking even better. Phaedrus are you back from holiday? I guess another close higher, say over 35c would be very significant in the next day or two.

Jess9
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
make that 32.5c.

bermuda
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
make that 32.5c.

How do you guys know all this stuff? I just go on the story.

STRAT
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
make that 32.5c.Hi Jess,

Why 32.5c?

whirly
04-11-2008, 02:29 AM
100 day EMA = 27c If it respects this level for a coupla days it could indicate a breakout. Next resistance/support? at 31c.

One day Ill learn to save and post a chart.:confused:

w

Jess9
04-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi Jess,

Why 32.5c?

Would a close above say 32.5 to 33 c break through the 6 month down trend?

STRAT
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Would a close above say 32.5 to 33 c break through the 6 month down trend?Hi Jess.
Plenty of people here better at this than me but I would have thought a trend line on those two steep peaks wouldnt indicate too much unless of course it bounces off that line and heads south again. Anyway DOW and Oil down last night. If BOW goes up today that would be a stronger signal I reckon. Im picking it wont.

On the other hand lol :rolleyes:

All Ords has not recovered to the the same degree that the USA and Europe have over the last week or so. We have some catch up to do. A lot of good news around being ignored by the Aussie Market. So maybe.......

Its fun to watch eh? but it does my head in sometimes.

Jess9
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Depth looks good today and straight into 28c. Happy to hold a few shares in this one to $1. Hopefully by xmas - which one through?? ; )

Rabbi
11-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Depth looks good today and straight into 28c. Happy to hold a few shares in this one to $1. Hopefully by xmas - which one through?? ; )

More likely 2010:eek:

Corporate
09-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Alright...it's pretty quite over here at BOW. What is happening with the SP, it had been doing reasonably well...now at a year low of 16.5c

bermuda
09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Alright...it's pretty quite over here at BOW. What is happening with the SP, it had been doing reasonably well...now at a year low of 16.5c

THe recent presentation says it all.
Just have to wait until Don Juan gets certified/taken over and then for a work-in on the fabulous 3 CSG permits that BOW aquired recently.( ARROW bid but lost out to BOW ) Perhaps the current action surrounding PES might hot things up. Otherwise it all looks pretty quiet in this marauded market. I am holding long term. And the MD, Ron Prefontaine has a pretty big shareholding .

The worldwide requirement for LNG is forecast to increase substantially. Gladstone will become a reasonable player in the LNG tanker trade.And BOW is very well located and has good connections.

The Big Ease
11-12-2008, 05:19 AM
directors buying at 37 cents.
i think the sector is ripe for another round of corporate manouvering.
esp at these prices.

bow looks great, though it will take forever to realise the value of those 3 permits. look at how long don juan has taken just for certification.

2010 is what bow had on their charts for proving up those resources. in the meantime, anything could happen. youd probably miss the rally in other segments of the market waiting for scientists.

don juan looks like it will give the sp a good kick along, from there its going to be a very long wait, unless a major decides it knows enough about the other three permits and pays up some big money to buy bow out. the latter scenario is unlikely imo.

dont mean to be negative. i just see a long time line to realise value beyond DJ. i do hold vpe, so waiitng on dj certification. hopefully we get a bit of a kick along. we sure need it!

bermuda
11-12-2008, 08:23 AM
TBE,
We have a few things in our favour.
1. The shareprice is way below recent share placements... and Director buy ins
2. The oil price has been hammered and will recover
3. Ron has an increasing shareholding
4. BG Group are now having to work harder to fulfil their LNG signed gas commitments. Both in Aussie and worldwide. They have to work harder because the Banks are putting more restrictions on them. i.e. " show us your reserves". So they have to go out and procure more CSG. And get it proved up pronto.
5. The recent CSG permits that Ron won are simply world class. Arrow and others wanted them ...but Ron got them. A real big feather in BOW's hat.

It is going to take time. But BOW is poised to grow. Ron throws the seeds on the right pasture.

The Big Ease
11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
TBE,
We have a few things in our favour.
1. The shareprice is way below recent share placements... and Director buy ins
2. The oil price has been hammered and will recover
3. Ron has an increasing shareholding
4. BG Group are now having to work harder to fulfil their LNG signed gas commitments. Both in Aussie and worldwide. They have to work harder because the Banks are putting more restrictions on them. i.e. " show us your reserves". So they have to go out and procure more CSG. And get it proved up pronto.
5. The recent CSG permits that Ron won are simply world class. Arrow and others wanted them ...but Ron got them. A real big feather in BOW's hat.

It is going to take time. But BOW is poised to grow. Ron throws the seeds on the right pasture.

not much oil flowing from bow though.
i just read an article on chinese economic data. its looking worse as each day passes. the price of oil could go anywhere....eventually it will recover, but who knows when. will the stimulus packages work? lets wait and see.

i like the permits. it will be interesting to see if the pressure by the banks that you mention will force BG to act on Bow and VPE. that could be a game changer.

MrDevine
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking it might be time to add a little more BOW to my ARROW. Oil up 10% last night. Energy demand hasn't disappeared, these markets are so skewed with speculation its hard to know which was is up. If you read the papers every day its easy to spot when the story changes, 4 months ago it was supply worries, then it spun on a dime to demand worries. Demand for energy is elastic, when it gets cheaper people use more of it. Gas is going to be a big story for the next 20 years until real sustainable alternative energy can be implemented. Also for all those greenies out there its a cleaner fuel than coal.

I'd like this SP to stablise and for Don Juan cert to come in and give us a floor.

Mr D holds.

bermuda
18-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm thinking it might be time to add a little more BOW to my ARROW. Oil up 10% last night. Energy demand hasn't disappeared, these markets are so skewed with speculation its hard to know which was is up. If you read the papers every day its easy to spot when the story changes, 4 months ago it was supply worries, then it spun on a dime to demand worries. Demand for energy is elastic, when it gets cheaper people use more of it. Gas is going to be a big story for the next 20 years until real sustainable alternative energy can be implemented. Also for all those greenies out there its a cleaner fuel than coal.

I'd like this SP to stablise and for Don Juan cert to come in and give us a floor.

Mr D holds.

Mr D,
Arent you pleased you are holding. BOW up 30% today on no news. Have a look at Pure Energy ( PES ) and where their permits lie. Right alongside some of the ones that Ron got. In the face of opposition from Arrow. Well done Ron. Pure have been going ballistic lately on CSG certification.

da puntzda
18-12-2008, 12:55 PM
what is happening with BOW it is PPPesque - someone wants a stake in a hurry

The Big Ease
18-12-2008, 01:07 PM
40% now.
the buying is unrelenting.
something has got to be going on.

MrDevine
18-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi Mr B, Mr D is indeed happy BOW is up 40% as I type. However I do wonder what has caused this sudden interest! I was going to buy some more the other week, however I'm scared to venture past my current holding. Also thought it might be better to pick up a couple thousand VPE to go with my BOW and ARROW. Watching with interest.

Mr D, holds.

Dr_Who
18-12-2008, 03:25 PM
DAmmn... I was so close to putting some of BOW away from my sale of PPP. I guess I just missed it. Good luck guys.

Mysterybox
18-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Badluck, thanks, am watching with interest.

2 x Change in Directors Interest notices

marknz88
19-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Some of today's interest may have been from subscribers of Australian Small Caps Investor e-zine (written by the same publishers that publish the free daily reckoning and money morning emails)

Yesterdays release of this months copy had quite an in depth article on BOW (4-5 pages + an interview) stating it as their best csg play to get into with the most upside. Im guessing SOME of today's movement was caused by that possibly

mark100
19-12-2008, 07:09 AM
On reading the report from Australian Small Caps Investor I'm surprised that an article so full of hype and with little factual analysis can cause such a huge share price response, especially in the depths of a bear market.

I agree BOW is undervalued and I hold some stock but the writer didn't even seem to realise that BOW only has a 55% interest in Don Juan.

And he's talking about 6,200PJ of potential reserves on BOW's tenements. Maybe, but he's just taken that straight frm BOW's presentation and added some hype about 17,000% share price returns. Its taken the likes of Arrow and QGC years just to get to 2000-3000 PJ of reserves with many equity issues along the way.

bermuda
19-12-2008, 07:27 AM
On reading the report from Australian Small Caps Investor I'm surprised that an article so full of hype and with little factual analysis can cause such a huge share price response, especially in the depths of a bear market.

I agree BOW is undervalued and I hold some stock but the writer didn't even seem to realise that BOW only has a 55% interest in Don Juan.

And he's talking about 6,200PJ of potential reserves on BOW's tenements. Maybe, but he's just taken that straight frm BOW's presentation and added some hype about 17,000% share price returns. Its taken the likes of Arrow and QGC years just to get to 2000-3000 PJ of reserves with many equity issues along the way.

Mark,
I can understand it. BOW have a very good business strategy which just got a lot better with the 'purchase' of the latest 3 CSG permits. Ron doesnt sit around. He knows what's going on. Have a look of what Pure ( PES ) are doing with their permits. BOW have some of the juiciest permits going. These were aquired by BOW in the face of ARROW and others.

Recently the directors have been buying in ( some of the purchases were at 37 cents ). Ron has this CSG figured out and is not afraid to go out and secure the best. After all he was one of the guys instrumental in setting up Arrow.

I remember Ron telling me about the success in getting hold of these permits. He was enthused. Silly me , not appreciating it just sort of said " sounds good Ron". Well after I did some research I had to ring him back and congratulate him. If you look at Pure ( PES ) you will know where BOW are going. 6 TCF at least.

Just a matter of time...but in this game I do admit you do need a bit of it. A bit like PPP..sat around undervalued for ages.

BOW has got some really good grunt going for it.

CAM
19-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Oilex has sold out.
Needed the cash?

The Big Ease
20-12-2008, 07:43 AM
thanks for that mark. i would guess the small caps article was just a coincidence with som directors and their associates purchasing. BOW is a long way away from certifying even 1/10th of 6200PJ. it has tremendous potential though.

Mr. B, why is it that PES has been able to get their csg certified so quickly (approx 5 months for their atp852) and yet we still have another 3-4 months to wait for DJ?

mark100
20-12-2008, 10:17 AM
And a another question I would add on BOW, have they got some flow rates from DJ that they can release to the market? PES was keen to let the market know what flow they were getting. My thinking is that DJ as been a bit of a flop which is why they are spruiking the 3 new tenements. Still think BOW is cheap though

upside_umop
20-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Mark,

One of DJ wells Taringa South-1 flared at 370,000 cubic feet per day. This is in contrast to PES's Cameron-26 which flowed at cubic 750,000 fee per day.

My only concern for BOW is funding...VPE has less leverage but better funding. Their relative performance has been very similar...I just wonder what it will be like going into the future with the credit access the way it is.

MrDevine
20-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Upside, I imagine Bows interest in DJ will be sold to fund development of the other leases. Also don't rule out BOW being taken over either by AOE, or Shell, or VPE? Consolidation will continue in CSG, note BOW's response to their speeding ticket on Thursday, interesting.

Mr D holds BOW and ARROW

bermuda
21-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Upside, I imagine Bows interest in DJ will be sold to fund development of the other leases. Also don't rule out BOW being taken over either by AOE, or Shell, or VPE? Consolidation will continue in CSG, note BOW's response to their speeding ticket on Thursday, interesting.

Mr D holds BOW and ARROW

Mr D,
If you have a BOW and an ARROW, you need a TARGET...(TEX)

Take aim on Monday and get some below cash value.

TAB .... Target Arrow Bow... or...Take A Bet.

The Big Ease
21-12-2008, 10:00 AM
And a another question I would add on BOW, have they got some flow rates from DJ that they can release to the market? PES was keen to let the market know what flow they were getting. My thinking is that DJ as been a bit of a flop which is why they are spruiking the 3 new tenements. Still think BOW is cheap though

mark, i just went through the whole thread and reckon i saw a post from you noting the flow rates. iirc it was something in the order of 360,000 from one of the wells.

Bermuda,

you really are a believer ;)
btw, Ron was touting 2 bucks 3 years ago now. now he has opted for the more ambiguous "mid tier" company.
by the time don juan gets certified, it will be more than a year since the wells flowed gas. its disappointing that these delays have gone unexplained to the market. it should not take this long given how quickly others are getting theirs done.

i am on record as saying bow has huge potential.
they need to wrap up the DJ certification and possible transaction and get cracking on the 3 new permits. preferrably starting with comet.

question, why arent ex qgc guys buying bow?
why get stuck into vpe instead?

bermuda
21-12-2008, 10:42 AM
mark, i just went through the whole thread and reckon i saw a post from you noting the flow rates. iirc it was something in the order of 360,000 from one of the wells.

Bermuda,

you really are a believer ;)
btw, Ron was touting 2 bucks 3 years ago now. now he has opted for the more ambiguous "mid tier" company.
by the time don juan gets certified, it will be more than a year since the wells flowed gas. its disappointing that these delays have gone unexplained to the market. it should not take this long given how quickly others are getting theirs done.

i am on record as saying bow has huge potential.
they need to wrap up the DJ certification and possible transaction and get cracking on the 3 new permits. preferrably starting with comet.

question, why arent ex qgc guys buying bow?
why get stuck into vpe instead?

Hi TBE,
"Mid Tier Company" means the same to me as $2 bucks yesterday. In fact Mid Tier means higher than that. DJ has been a little disappointing to the South West but there is enough there for 200BCF. Ron will take BOW up the ladder and JK ( and the 'QGC' boys ) will take VPE up as well.

The reason the 'QGC' boys are pumping for VPE is because
1. It is extremely undervaued,..especially against it's peers
2. BG has bought in to VPE
3. Denis Patten ( founding Director of QGC )is Chairman of VPE
4. Sentient Group know QGC and VPE backwards
5. Elphinstone knows the same
6. Robert Bryan knows the same

Both VPE and BOW are going places.imho

The Big Ease
21-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi TBE,
"Mid Tier Company" means the same to me as $2 bucks yesterday. In fact Mid Tier means higher than that. DJ has been a little disappointing to the East but there is enough there for 200BCF. Ron will take BOW up the ladder and JK ( and the 'QGC' boys ) will take VPE up as well.

The reason the 'QGC' boys are pumping for VPE is because
1. It is extremely undervaued,..especially against it's peers
2. BG has bought in to VPE
3. Denis Patten ( founding Director of QGC )is Chairman of VPE
4. Sentient Group know QGC and VPE backwards
5. Elphinstone knows the same
6. Robert Bryan knows the same

Both VPE and BOW are going places.imho

true. but didnt he state that it would be 2 bucks by the end of 2008 or some such?

surely ex-qgc guys would know bow inside out as well. its right up their neighbourhood.

i agree on vpe being extremely undervalued. if i had more cash, i would pick up some more.

im hoping they outline their plans very shortly regarding their accelerated program. they still have not clarified the reasons for the capital raising.

im looking forward to a dj update too.

mark100
22-12-2008, 03:51 AM

Yes that is correct TBE but I was hoping for more updates. To get 200PJ certified they would have had to drill more than 1 well. Also it would be nice to know what that original well is flowing at now. Has it increased as water flows have decreased or has it fizzled out to not much more than a fart?

BOW is good with the hype but I need to see results in the next few months. If they do come through with the promises I agree they are massively undervalued

bermuda
22-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes that is correct TBE but I was hoping for more updates. To get 200PJ certified they would have had to drill more than 1 well. Also it would be nice to know what that original well is flowing at now. Has it increased as water flows have decreased or has it fizzled out to not much more than a fart?

BOW is good with the hype but I need to see results in the next few months. If they do come through with the promises I agree they are massively undervalued

Mark/TBE
They did have a few problems with a contractor earlier in the year which did slow them up. No doubt you read that DJ update on 28/11.

I too was a little concerned about the slow progress at DJ ( especially as I have a lot of VPE options expiring in Jan 2010 ). But the recent activity on the VPE share register has me quite excited because BG/VPE will be embarking on a very active CSG program to prove up reserves early in 2009 and I am sure that will include DJ.

I really am sure that both BOW and VPE will produce the goods in 2009. In fact I am positive about it. Ron knows what is going on and has two good CEO's to push both the CSG and Oil programs forward. Getting hold of those latest 3 permits was a masterstroke from Ron. As you know , Arrow wanted them...And as for VPE, far out. If you ever had any doubts just read the Annual report and all the latest announcements. What a team! Wow!

The Big Ease
22-12-2008, 12:24 PM
bow flying. up 30% to 32.5c

marknz88
22-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Now I kinda regret not buying into bow last week at 16c haha

Was switching up between VPE and BOW, went with VPE but only half filled my trade.

If I had gone with BOW, would of made 100% in less than a week :(

How I love hindsight hehe

Bow seems to have broken through its last resistance at 28c, next level is 38c to test this week :)

Good luck to those that hold

bermuda
22-12-2008, 12:43 PM
bow flying. up 30% to 32.5c

TBE,
Plenty happening today.Wasn't that a great move by Ron to pick up those three permits that Arrow were after? LNG, fuel of the future for the Aussie Eastern seaboard.

I am GLAD to be a part of GLADstone.

Sharp737
22-12-2008, 12:52 PM
You can say that again Bermuda!

The Big Ease
22-12-2008, 01:40 PM
TBE,
Plenty happening today.Wasn't that a great move by Ron to pick up those three permits that Arrow were after? LNG, fuel of the future for the Aussie Eastern seaboard.

I am GLAD to be a part of GLADstone.
great permits.
i just wonder about how they will develop them and when.

Trent
22-12-2008, 04:35 PM
true. but didnt he state that it would be 2 bucks by the end of 2008 or some such?

surely ex-qgc guys would know bow inside out as well. its right up their neighbourhood.

i agree on vpe being extremely undervalued. if i had more cash, i would pick up some more.

im hoping they outline their plans very shortly regarding their accelerated program. they still have not clarified the reasons for the capital raising.

im looking forward to a dj update too.

The problem with BOW as I see it is the path to monetisation of its CSG assets once certified. Unlike PES which had an obvious route to export LNG through AOE/Shell, Ron appears to be limited to domestic LNG (unless he divests). It appears to me that the domestic market will not yield the same returns as the export scene although local prices will no doubt be lifted by the exports. Also, while DJ appears to be a westerly extension of the Lacerta field, these fields don't go on forever. Gas content and or permeability run out eventually. The same edge effects may yet prove to be true of the much touted acquisitions adjacent to PES (Dingonose?).
Unlike BOW, VPE does appear to have a route to Gladstone via BG.

A one time holder of BOW, PES, VPE, AOE

T

Trent
23-12-2008, 06:47 PM
I am thinking about re-entering BOW and am puzzled by some of the statements I have read on the company. Why should BOW be excited about AGL being offered an option on Lacerta? Why would BG be happy to see it go? To the best of my knowledge, AGL does not yet have a Gladstone connection - does anyone know? I see that the most recent BOW statement on DJ is up to 200pJ rather than an unqualified 200pJ that I recall seeing in earlier BOW presentations. Perhaps DJ is not all that it is cracked up to be? It seems likely that BOW/VPE will try to hock off DJ to AGL and hopefully use the cash to prove up CSG prospects that are considered to have better potential than DJ. The latest presentation that I read shows a 2009 target cert of 200pJ rather that the 300pJ shown in a presentation from the previous (?) month. I wonder why Ron has lowered his sights - could it have something to do with the potential of DJ. I can understand that Ron would like to maintain control of the company and that share placements are not going to help but PES made a placement of 25 million and got on with it at great speed with an excellent results for shareholders. I have the feeling that this farm out approach as a means of raising cash will slow certification up considerably.
What do others think?
T

bermuda
24-12-2008, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Trent;237839]I am thinking about re-entering BOW and am puzzled by some of the statements I have read on the company. Why should BOW be excited about AGL being offered an option on Lacerta? Why would BG be happy to see it go? To the best of my knowledge, AGL does not yet have a Gladstone connection - does anyone know? I see that the most recent BOW statement on DJ is up to 200pJ rather than an unqualified 200pJ that I recall seeing in earlier BOW presentations. Perhaps DJ is not all that it is cracked up to be? It seems likely that BOW/VPE will try to hock off DJ to AGL and hopefully use the cash to prove up CSG prospects that are considered to have better potential than DJ. The latest presentation that I read shows a 2009 target cert of 200pJ rather that the 300pJ shown in a presentation from the previous (?) month. I wonder why Ron has lowered his sights - could it have something to do with the potential of DJ. I can understand that Ron would like to maintain control of the company and that share placements are not going to help but PES made a placement of 25 million and got on with it at great speed with an excellent results for shareholders. I have the feeling that this farm out approach as a means of raising cash will slow certification up considerably.
What do others think?

Hi Trent,
You raise some very good points and I dont have the answers to a lot of them, particularly the AGL modus operandi. I too think that DJ isnt quite what they had initially hoped for especially to the West. But , overall it will be satisfactory and may serve as a stepping block to something bigger. They have had contractor problems and they need to get on with it. I am hopeful they will get it sorted but I can see the certification is not going to be early in the New Year.

I don't hold any real fears about BOW's CSG acreage not being aligned to Gladstone. Arrow still have a shareholding in BOW and Ron has all the connections. Also I know that the big boys want all the CSG they can get their hands on. They think 10-15-20 years out and they want to know they have long term supplies to a world market. I used to be a planning manager for BP. That is how they think. Long term. BG are still in a scramble after being let down by Origin...or should I say, by being outplayed by Origin.That is why Ron went out and secured quite a few permits a few years ago and has added Canaway and the latest 3 as superb strings. They will be keenly sort after. Just a matter of time. Arrow must have been a little miffed not to have gotten those latest 3. Superb potential.

The aquisitions over the last year tell a compelling story. Get certified and treat your shareprice to many fold appreciation. Just look where the prices of Roma, SHG, QGC, PES and others have gone. This is a rapidly growing industry that has had its bubble pricked only to rise again.

I dont trade, there will be ups and downs. But the long term story is very sound. I am treating it as my retirement fund.....I see you are thinking of rebuying. Join in now for both VPE and BOW are set to perform.

If anyone can offer an opinion on AGl please do. Something is going on.

Financially dependant
24-12-2008, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Trent;237839] Hi Trent,
You raise some very good points and I dont have the answers to a lot of them, particularly the AGL modus operandi. I too think that DJ isnt quite what they had initially hoped for especially to the West. But , overall it will be satisfactory and may serve as a stepping block to something bigger. They have had contractor problems and they need to get on with it. I am hopeful they will get it sorted but I can see the certification is not going to be early in the New Year.

I don't hold any real fears about BOW's CSG acreage not being aligned to Gladstone. Arrow still have a shareholding in BOW and Ron has all the connections. Also I know that the big boys want all the CSG they can get their hands on. They think 10-15-20 years out and they want to know they have long term supplies to a world market. I used to be a planning manager for BP. That is how they think. Long term. BG are still in a scramble after being let down by Origin...or should I say, by being outplayed by Origin.That is why Ron went out and secured quite a few permits a few years ago and has added Canaway and the latest 3 as superb strings. They will be keenly sort after. Just a matter of time. Arrow must have been a little miffed not to have gotten those latest 3. Superb potential.

The aquisitions over the last year tell a compelling story. Get certified and treat your shareprice to many fold appreciation. Just look where the prices of Roma, SHG, QGC, PES and others have gone. This is a rapidly growing industry that has had its bubble pricked only to rise again.

I dont trade, there will be ups and downs. But the long term story is very sound. I am treating it as my retirement fund.....I see you are thinking of rebuying. Join in now for both VPE and BOW are set to perform.

If anyone can offer an opinion on AGl please do. Something is going on.

See The Big ease's post on CSG about AGL

bermuda
24-12-2008, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=bermuda;237876]

See The Big ease's post on CSG about AGL

Thanks FD,
Was really more concerned about what is happening at Lacerta with their option to buy. BOW ( Ron ) referred to it in the recent ASX 'please explain' dialogue.

Did a wee bit of research and think I came up with a plausible answer.

"AGL are retailing more CSG than their reserves can sustain" No wonder they are interested in Lacerta and DJ....particularly when DJ is getting closer to being certified. Starting to make sense. No wonder Ron mentioned it. We will see.

Trent
24-12-2008, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Financially dependant;237886]

Thanks FD,
Was really more concerned about what is happening at Lacerta with their option to buy. BOW ( Ron ) referred to it in the recent ASX 'please explain' dialogue.

Did a wee bit of research and think I came up with a plausible answer.

"AGL are retailing more CSG than their reserves can sustain" No wonder they are interested in Lacerta and DJ....particularly when DJ is getting closer to being certified. Starting to make sense. No wonder Ron mentioned it. We will see.

Thanks Bermuda
Your explanation makes sense. I have always been impressed with BOWs presentations - clear and concise - but I am concerned that important changes like reduced expectation for DJ (200pJ to "up to 200pJ) and the shift from 300pJ certified for 2009 to 200pJ within a month apparently left unexplained or commented upon by management. I think that management should be asked to comment on these changes which as things stand, leave me with a feeling of unease.

Re Lacerta, I guess that fields with relatively low gas contents (relative to other areas such as Dingonose) will cost more to develop hence BGs willingness to hock it off to AGL.

Cheers
T

shasta
24-12-2008, 03:28 PM
[quote=bermuda;237902]

Thanks Bermuda
Your explanation makes sense. I have always been impressed with BOWs presentations - clear and concise - but I am concerned that important changes like reduced expectation for DJ (200pJ to "up to 200pJ) and the shift from 300pJ certified for 2009 to 200pJ within a month apparently left unexplained or commented upon by management. I think that management should be asked to comment on these changes which as things stand, leave me with a feeling of unease.

Re Lacerta, I guess that fields with relatively low gas contents (relative to other areas such as Dingonose) will cost more to develop hence BGs willingness to hock it off to AGL.

Cheers
T

BOW - Directors buying on market :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=206852

Always a good sign, & a show of faith (pity more companies didnt follow suit!)

macduffy
29-12-2008, 01:37 PM
[quote=Trent;237920]

BOW - Directors buying on market :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=206852

Always a good sign, & a show of faith (pity more companies didnt follow suit!)

And another 200k odd added today to Nicholas Mather's 2.1m odd shares.

;)

Lebowski
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24889069-643,00.html

$200 million for 150 pj .Hopefully Bow can sell Don Juan to AGL for this sort of money.Will then allow them to fast track their new prospects.:)

bermuda
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24889069-643,00.html

$200 million for 150 pj .Hopefully Bow can sell Don Juan to AGL for this sort of money.Will then allow them to fast track their new prospects.:)

It has got me puzzled but something is coming up that is for sure. You dont get a Director buying in for nothing. Ron has the ability to run rings around these guys. And the other guys know it!. I am sitting tight.

brettdale
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
One for the watch list

Paddie
31-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Great to see the announcement from BOW yesterday about upcoming CSG certification in May.

I have a lot of respest for Ron P and he has from the time I have been a shareholder, consistently adde to his holdings.

BOW is poised to fly.

Cheers
Paddie

tricha
31-01-2009, 09:55 PM
It has got me puzzled but something is coming up that is for sure. You dont get a Director buying in for nothing. Ron has the ability to run rings around these guys. And the other guys know it!. I am sitting tight.

PPP as a great example of directors buying, they new.;)

bermuda
31-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Great to see the announcement from BOW yesterday about upcoming CSG certification in May.

I have a lot of respest for Ron P and he has from the time I have been a shareholder, consistently adde to his holdings.

BOW is poised to fly.

Cheers
Paddie

Paddie,
You are so right.
Ron has outbid Arrow for these 3 permits. He has a significant shareholding and knows more about what is going on than some of these corporates.

This will be big.

arco
02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks Bermuda for mentioning this one to me.

Chart-wise BOW looks quite interesting although
its seems to have moved quite some way off the USO price.

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts?s=BOW.ax#chart1:symbol=bow.ax;range=6m;comp are=uso;indicator=ke_it+dividend+ke_ud+volume+stoc hasticslow;charttype=candlestick;crosshair=on;ohlc values=0;logscale=on;source=undefined
(http://finance.yahoo.com/charts?s=BOW.ax#chart3:symbol=bow.ax;range=6m;comp are=uso;indicator=ke_it+dividend+ke_ud+volume+stoc hasticslow;charttype=candlestick;crosshair=on;ohlc values=0;logscale=on;source=undefined)

Trent
04-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Good on RP for going after a 3P reserves cert for Comet on the basis of existing data. Should be a bit of a carrot for farm-in parties that he is no doubt wanting to attract without spending BOW dough first.

I remain puzzled by the VPE estimate for DJ (see VPE post today) and would like to know whether BOW takes ownership of the 196bcf (3P).

Cheers
T

shasta
06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
BOW - Encouraging results in 1st Canaway CSG well

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=207602

Bermuda - you must be loving these announcements!

bermuda
07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
BOW - Encouraging results in 1st Canaway CSG well

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=207602

Bermuda - you must be loving these announcements!

Hi Shasta,
Have been up in the Sounds. What a pity blue cod fishing is forbidden for four years. Bloody seals. Years ago they were culled every two years in Foveaux straight. 80,000 per cull. Now of course they are protected which is why you need your windows up when you drive up the Kaikoura Coast. The stench on a still day is noticeable. Seals everywhere. I have been fishing for cod in the Sounds for 50 years and it is a great family bonding activity. It now has gone.Why not limit it to one cod per person on boat. (was 3 ) .

Anyway this Canaway is small beer for Bow. Useful, so may as well take what you can but the picture, as you know , is a lot bigger.

The Big Ease
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM
why do you think they would wast money drilling this if it is not significant?
they dont have much cash to go around, so i wouldve thought they would be preserving as much as possible for the most promising assets ie DJ and the 3 new ones.
only 6 mill in the bank eh?

bermuda
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
why do you think they would wast money drilling this if it is not significant?
they dont have much cash to go around, so i wouldve thought they would be preserving as much as possible for the most promising assets ie DJ and the 3 new ones.
only 6 mill in the bank eh?

TBE, I didnt say it was a waste of money. Not at all. Canaway could prove up nicely but it doesnt really compare with what's coming up. I know you been reading about Arrow and Shell re Gladstone? Lot's more action coming up eh? BOW and VPE and others are very well placed.

Let's hope the next Canaway drill is gassy.

As for the cash on hand, Ron will work out a plan. He sure doesnt like dilution. That is the beauty about being involved in a company where the MD has a significant shareholding.

mark100
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Looks as though PES may have received a rival offer. Could be good for the BOW sp and other csg plays. Interestingly AOE is up even though I thought such a rival offer would put a dent in AOE's ambitions

The Big Ease
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
TBE, I didnt say it was a waste of money. Not at all. Canaway could prove up nicely but it doesnt really compare with what's coming up. I know you been reading about Arrow and Shell re Gladstone? Lot's more action coming up eh? BOW and VPE and others are very well placed.

Let's hope the next Canaway drill is gassy.

As for the cash on hand, Ron will work out a plan. He sure doesnt like dilution. That is the beauty about being involved in a company where the MD has a significant shareholding.

sorry B. i think its a waste if it isnt going to move the company along.
youd think they would preserve the cash to develop the other permits.

bermuda
09-02-2009, 12:49 PM
sorry B. i think its a waste if it isnt going to move the company along.
youd think they would preserve the cash to develop the other permits.

TBE,
Ron wouldnt be doing this if he thought it was a waste of money. It is 'his' company as well as ours ( shareholders ). Hey, that was interesting about PES getting another offer!

The Big Ease
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
by BG no less. very nice....desperate is the word.
you were right about them all along.....i hope you are right about vpe too

bermuda
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
by BG no less. very nice....desperate is the word.
you were right about them all along.....i hope you are right about vpe too

Thought it would be from BG. They are seriously short of CSG to meet their commitments ever since they missed out on Origin. Make sure you load up on VPE and of course BOW.

bermuda
10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Thought it would be from BG. They are seriously short of CSG to meet their commitments ever since they missed out on Origin. Make sure you load up on VPE and of course BOW.

I think a few investors are now starting to understand just what BOW is all about and why the Directors keep buying in. The permits that Ron got last October in the face of Arrow opposition were yet another sign that BOW know exactly how this game will be played out.

Ish
10-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I think a few investors are now starting to understand just what BOW is all about and why the Directors keep buying in. The permits that Ron got last October in the face of Arrow opposition were yet another sign that BOW know exactly how this game will be played out.

I am thinking of picking some BOW up, not sure if now is a great entry point given the large increase in the last 2 days though.

Thoughts?

bermuda
10-02-2009, 02:57 PM
I am thinking of picking some BOW up, not sure if now is a great entry point given the large increase in the last 2 days though.

Thoughts?

Ish,
I don't trade. I just research until I find a good story. And BOW and VPE are very very good stories. That's why I got stuck into them late in 2007. Just sit and hold until the big picture gets completed. At this stage we are only playing with the pieces.

macduffy
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I go along with that.

I'm holding BOW too so to a degree I'm " talking my book" but I reckon it's only a matter of time before there's further consolidation involving the likes of AOE, BOW and VPE probably with either BG or Shell.
BOW may be cheaper from time to time than they are at present but I wouldn't want to risk being out when the balloon goes up!

;)

Paddie
13-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I see BOW are in a trading halt.

Lets hope someone is taking them out at the right price.

Paddie

Crypto Crude
13-02-2009, 11:47 AM
yeah mate...
Im watching and hoping for something big...
:cool:
.^sc

Financially dependant
13-02-2009, 11:50 AM
It's a capital raising!!

STRAT
13-02-2009, 12:22 PM
It's a capital raising!!Do they need the money?

STRAT
13-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Do they need the money?lol, Just read the ann. Guess they do. Hope they treat the current shareholders with respect and its not a heavily discounted hand out to so called sophisticated investors ( their mates )

The Big Ease
13-02-2009, 12:25 PM
they had to do it. no doubt...6 mill doesnt go far.

Financially dependant
13-02-2009, 12:43 PM
they had to do it. no doubt...6 mill doesnt go far.

Yes it had to happen as some stage, they have a lot of ground to prove up. VPE raised some cash and they had $17Mill in the bank!

Crypto Crude
13-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Interesting read...
I hope my source does not mind me posting it...
B mint, where are you mate?

** Bow Energy Could Be Worth Ten Times the Current Price
Now for some more promising news. Although neither of our LNG picks
has been directly affected by the takeover battle between BG Group and
Arrow Energy for Pure Energy, there is an indirect knock-on effect.
Just in case you missed it, the brief version of the story is that
Arrow Energy put in a bid to buy Pure Energy. This was then topped by
a bid from BG Group from the UK. And then yesterday Arrow Energy
returned with an improved offer which the Pure Energy board have
recommended to shareholders.
BG Group announced to the market today that they will be considering
its position and will respond to the market before next Wednesday.
The impact on both Bow Energy and LNG Ltd is obvious. Despite the
downturn in the global economy - or maybe because of it - the race is
still on to secure coal seam gas (CSG) assets. The revised bid by
Arrow values Pure Energy at over $800 million.
What does that do to the valuations of Bow Energy and LNG Ltd?
Well, Pure Energy is hoping to have 300PJ of gas by mid-2009 and
2000PJ of reserves over time. Compare that to Bow Energy which is
hoping to have 200PJ confirmed by the end of this year out of expected
reserves of 6,200PJ.
So if we do some quick back-of-the-envelope maths, Arrow's $800
million bid for Pure Energy prices the company at $2.6 million per PJ
for the first year of production. Extrapolate that across to Bow
Energy and you're looking at a valuation of Bow at $533 million, or
ten times the current share price.
Now obviously there is a lot more to it than that. And even if we
discount that as pie-in-the-sky, Bow Energy is already one-third of
the way towards our initial valuation of a $140 million company.
As for LNG Ltd, it is a further boost considering that its LNG
facility will be the first to come on line in Gladstone, beating the
opposition by a clear two years. Although the LNG Ltd facility will be
the smallest out of the four that are planned in the area, there was
always the intention to ramp up plans for a second LNG train should
supply and demand warrant it.
Based on the activity taking place at the moment and Arrow Energy's
commitment to supply at least the full complement for the first LNG
train, construction of a second train at Gladstone looks more likely
by the day.
.^sc

Trent
17-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Bow Capital Raising
I see that 2P target for 2009 now reduced to 100pJ. I guess this has something to do with reduced expectations for DJ. Also expect it to take 4 years to reach mid tier status. Expectations generally sliding towards something realistic?
T

The Big Ease
17-02-2009, 02:19 PM
if they got all that money to speed things up and its still going to take 18 months (minimum), then wtf were they doing before?

this is going to take far longer than the market is indicating right now....unless something happens in a strategic sense, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy into bow.

at least vpe has BG doing all the heavy lifting.
bow is still a good prospect, but its gonna take a while

Trent
17-02-2009, 02:56 PM
if they got all that money to speed things up and its still going to take 18 months (minimum), then wtf were they doing before?

this is going to take far longer than the market is indicating right now....unless something happens in a strategic sense, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy into bow.

at least vpe has BG doing all the heavy lifting.
bow is still a good prospect, but its gonna take a while

Agree BE. Most of BOWs efforts appear to have been directed at DJ for which expectations seem to have fallen somewhat. It's interesting to compare figures given in 28 Nov 2008 presentation with cap raising prese.

28 Nov prese
target 200PJ 2P and 500PJ 3P

Cap raising prese
target 100PJ 2P and 300 3P

I suspect that DJ reserves announcement will disappoint the market. The hope is that the desktop 3P certs for Norich Park and Comet and some gas/permeability data for Canaway will help bolster the company's SP. IMHO the market has got a bit ahead of itself.
T

Discl: Hold BOW

macduffy
17-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm a fairly strong believer in the BOW story but I took a bit of money off the table today at 45c for a solid profit. Times are just a bit too volatile for me to be adding to my exposure, however attractive the 27c cash issue price.

;)

MrDevine
17-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Trent, BOW won't get to mid tier status, it'll be brought before then. I don't think BOW will be as big as Pure, but if you look at PES 394PJ 2P and 12003P as being worth close to $1Billion ATM, I would be more than happy if BOW could get certed to half that number, which certainly look possible at Comet and Norwich Park.

I see a bit of selling come off that investor ann, which you rightly acknowledge is below Nov 28 pres. BOW just needs to get the PJ's certed so the For Sale sign can be put out the front.

I'm going to take up the rights issue.

Mr D holds.

Financially dependant
17-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Trent, BOW won't get to mid tier status, it'll be brought before then. I don't think BOW will be as big as Pure, but if you look at PES 394PJ 2P and 12003P as being worth close to $1Billion ATM, I would be more than happy if BOW could get certed to half that number, which certainly look possible at Comet and Norwich Park.

I see a bit of selling come off that investor ann, which you rightly acknowledge is below Nov 28 pres. BOW just needs to get the PJ's certed so the For Sale sign can be put out the front.

Mr D holds.

The CSG market always seems to run hot when the big fish are feeding..... There will be time to get in when they digest there pray....
Enough fishy stories....

BG seems to buy certified ground (and needs it) at good prices which are close to Gladstone.
BOW & VPE are in line, both have the money to accelerate the certification process.

CSG should be part of everyone's portfolio

Trent
17-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Mr D holds.

Mr D
Whether or not BOW reaches mid tier status (whatever that means!) will depend on whether there are blocking stakes. I believe I read somewhere that Bow Directors and Management hold >12% between them - and we have yet to learn who the additional sophisitcated investors/instos. IMO RP has realised that the best chance he has of growing the company to a reasonable market cap is to do a Cap raising a la PES. I guess that in this environment he has picked a good time to do it - on the back of hype over PES. Let's hope that BOW gets on with the job as did PES with its cash raising and push the MC to at least $500m.
Here's hoping
T

MrDevine
17-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Trent, I don't think we have to 'hope', these guys want to make some money out of this industry. Ron P, looks to have done a lot of things right, but we all know that to turn CSG commercial you need bucketloads of cash as BG and Shell do have. I do think BOW will be sold or merged with AOE or BG, it would be great to get a cash and scrip offer from AOE once certs start coming in.

Somebody likes todays ann, as we now have 50c on the board, long time since its been there. I'm wondering whether to sell a few and buy them back cheaper, it is a volatile stock.

Mr D.

Huang Chung
17-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Quick trade today...in at 42c and out at 46c. Pitty I didn't hold on just a wee bit longer......

mark100
18-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Flogged off my BOW today. I reckon BOW is only running on the PES/BG/AOE bidding story. CSG stocks only tend to run during a corporate action and then fall back when the bidding is over.
BOW still has work to do before they prove up reserves and as we can see from the Don Juan story, not all QLD coal seams hold large quanitities commercially recoverable gas no matter how much they get hyped. Don Juan was getting spruiked back in Sept/Oct 2007 and now it is gradually getting pushed to one side. It has taken some 18 months to prove up nothing at this stage.
Agree the new permits look very promising but that is still 12-18 months away. A long time in this market. AOE didn't move on PES until they had reserves and good flow rates, and that is still some time off for BOW.
In the meantime the those who got 22m shares in the placement will probably want to cash in for a quick profit.
I will revisit BOW at lower levels or when there are signs of hype being converted into reserves.

The Big Ease
18-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Flogged off my BOW today. I reckon BOW is only running on the PES/BG/AOE bidding story. CSG stocks only tend to run during a corporate action and then fall back when the bidding is over.
BOW still has work to do before they prove up reserves and as we can see from the Don Juan story, not all QLD coal seams hold large quanitities commercially recoverable gas no matter how much they get hyped. Don Juan was getting spruiked back in Sept/Oct 2007 and now it is gradually getting pushed to one side. It has taken some 18 months to prove up nothing at this stage.
Agree the new permits look very promising but that is still 12-18 months away. A long time in this market. AOE didn't move on PES until they had reserves and good flow rates, and that is still some time off for BOW.
In the meantime the those who got 22m shares in the placement will probably want to cash in for a quick profit.
I will revisit BOW at lower levels or when there are signs of hype being converted into reserves.
excellent post mark.
i reckon you are spot on.

MrDevine
18-02-2009, 03:08 PM
excellent post mark.
i reckon you are spot on.

I thought i'd take a little profit out today. Excellent run last couple of weeks, will buy back those shares high 30c. That run IMHO won't be sustainable short term. Technicals look a little overbought after yesterdays action.

Excellent prospects for BOW next 12-18 months. I'm in for long run.

Mr D holds.

bermuda
18-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I thought i'd take a little profit out today. Excellent run last couple of weeks, will buy back those shares high 30c. That run IMHO won't be sustainable short term. Technicals look a little overbought after yesterdays action.

Excellent prospects for BOW next 12-18 months. I'm in for long run.

Mr D holds.

Mr D,
Good to see you didnt sell all your shares ( Mr D holds ) . I am not a trader , I just sit and watch this beautiful story unfold. Even if I was a trader, I would be too scared to sell and trade back. I have learnt that in this game anything can happen, almost overnight.

Why sell out of a good story? You only put yourself in a position where you have to worry about when to buy back in. I try to get rid of worry.

The Big Ease
19-02-2009, 12:50 AM
PES independent directors have recommended the BG offer and will personally accept it for their holdings, as will significant holders with 8% of the company.

looks like this one has played out then?
perhaps BOW is on the radar now? it would be very speculative of AOE to do that, though they do have a decent idea of what is in the 3 permits.

mark100
19-02-2009, 03:15 AM
PES directors have recommended the BG bid, but they also say in the absence of a superior bid. So the ball is back in AOE/Shell's court. I personally expect one more bid from AOE and/or Shell and wouldn't be suprised to see a price near $10 as the winning bid

MrDevine
19-02-2009, 07:13 AM
BOW certainly is still a good story, however B I've seen BOW run up and run down a few times now. (Also I'm off to the Melbourne Grand Prix, this sale will more than pay for it) We both know that there still some time to prove up the certs. Plus I'll be able to buy back most of those shares in the rights issue at 27c, so sweet eh?

Mr D holds.

Huang Chung
24-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Big drop today, so we'll go again with another trade. In at 39c.

tobo
24-02-2009, 10:57 PM
BOW certainly is still a good story, however B I've seen BOW run up and run down a few times now. (Also I'm off to the Melbourne Grand Prix, this sale will more than pay for it) We both know that there still some time to prove up the certs. Plus I'll be able to buy back most of those shares in the rights issue at 27c, so sweet eh?

Mr D holds.

Record date for Rights Issue not until 20 March.
You think you might add more on weakness prior to that date ? (ie to increase rights entitlement)
It seems to be doing another of it's run-downs ATM, although I get the feeling HC thinks it will do an about turn up again this week.

ToBo. Holding (up-down-up-down)

MrDevine
25-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Tobo, yes I might buy some more on weakness next couple of weeks. I reckon mid 30's we will see again. I hold some AOE and am watching whats going on with PES deal, may switch out of AOE and up my BOW stake. Wonder whether when record date comes through there will be profit takers. Certainly taking up my rights issue.

Mr D holds.

Huang Chung
26-02-2009, 10:41 PM
BOW thread awfully quiet these days, when probably more reason for excitement now than previously.

Bailed today at 45c, which was a good result for a 2 day hold.

Might wait for another retrace then go again.

BOW is turning out to me a pretty good trading stock for me :rolleyes:.

Mysterybox
26-02-2009, 11:05 PM
as I saw the 45c I had a thought about your 39c entry HC :)
gg

Huang Chung
26-02-2009, 11:12 PM
as I saw the 45c I had a thought about your 39c entry HC :)
gg

Not really sure what happened, but I had 44c locked in. Must have gone on a TH or something when that announcement came out. As I understand it, my bid was matched at 45c, and the share price quickly ran to 50c.

Thems the breaks I guess...

Mysterybox
27-02-2009, 08:51 AM
15%, 2 days, not bad :)

Huang Chung
27-02-2009, 09:20 PM
15%, 2 days, not bad :)

Yeah, but Bermuda's 'buy and hold' strategy would have been better....

tobo
28-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Rights Issue timetable brought forward !
Record date is now 13 March.

Still 2 weeks to gather more on weakness.
Although weakness not very apparent today. More like the strong man at the circus.

ToBo. Hold (not as much as I'd like)

macduffy
28-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Rights Issue timetable brought forward !
Record date is now 13 March.

Still 2 weeks to gather more on weakness.
Although weakness not very apparent today. More like the strong man at the circus.

ToBo. Hold (not as much as I'd like)

And importantly, shares trade ex rights from 6 March.

MrDevine
28-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Macduffy, I haven't held a share that'd gone through a cap raising, what is most likely scenario, are people who were entitled to cheap shares going to dump them for a quick profit? I would have though share price would have drifted lower to strike price?

Also what does it mean when the shares trade ex rights from 6th March?

Thanks, Mr D.

POSSUM THE CAT
28-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Mr Devine Shareholders in Some cases are offered the right to buy a certain number or dollar value of shares and the shares have a record date and an Ex date for this have a read of the company announcements or check web site The Ex rights works just the same as EX dividend

macduffy
28-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, if you want to buy BOW shares with the rights attached you must purchase them by 5 March. From 6 March onwards, purchasers will not be entitled to the rights.
In theory, seeing as the new shares are being issued at less than the current price there is a value to the rights.
The ratio is one new share at 27c for 6 existing shares.
Assuming a price of say 45c, 6 shares would cost $2-70, plus one new share at 27c, a total of $2-97 or an average over the 7 shares of say 42.5c. One would expect the ex rights SP to fall to about that level, other things being equal.
So the rights have a value of about 2.5c each, not a lot but that is a factor of the ratio ( 1 for 6 ) and the issue price of the new shares. If, for example, the ratio had been 1 for 2, the rights value would be 6c, based on a cum rights SP of 45c. and an issue price of 27c.

How it will all work out in practice may be an entirely different matter!

;)

macduffy
28-02-2009, 04:27 PM
PS. I see that BOW last traded at 50.5c.

New calculation required!

;)

MrDevine
28-02-2009, 09:26 PM
OK, so I hold 5000 BOW already, does that mean I can buy 833 shares at .27? Please excuse the ignorance.

Cheers, C.

Paddie
28-02-2009, 09:37 PM
OK, so I hold 5000 BOW already, does that mean I can buy 833 shares at .27? Please excuse the ignorance.

Cheers, C.

Yes it does, for every 6 shares you hold, you are entitled to 1 at 27 cents.

So yes 5,000 divided by 6 = 833 x 27c = $224.91

Cheers
Paddie

PS Grab every one you can get!

macduffy
01-03-2009, 08:40 AM
The issue is non-renounceable which means that the rights won't be traded on the ASX and only the registered holder can take them up.
Underwriters are associates of two of the directors who will get cheap shares, ie those not taken up.
As the rights have a value, it's important to take them up, even if one has to sell a few, ex rights, to get the cash to subscribe. ( Except of course if the number involved is so small that brokerage on the sale would be greater than the rights value.)

macduffy
01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Just thinking about my previous post, that's the theory!

One would need to do the sums when the shares go ex rights and a SP is available, to confirm that there is a benefit in selling/taking up rights.

If you have the available cash it's a no-brainer!

MrDevine
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys, yes I'll be taking up my entitlement. I sold a few at .46 as I thought everything had got a bit ahead of itself, and I still do think it has. Have other $$ ready to buy more though, it should retrace, probably after rights date. However maybe it will range trade between .40 – .50 for a while and I'll just buy more anyway, we all think its going to be$$ by the end of the year thats fine with me, I'm looking for a bagger to help pay down a little on the mortgage when it refixes in Feb 2010.

Mr D holds cautiously in a crazy market.

tobo
01-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Underwriters are associates of two of the directors who will get cheap shares, ie those not taken up.
....)

Do you think there will be no opportunity to subscribe for shortfall in addition to the 1 for 6.
I guess that this price, everyone would want shortfall shares, and the director's mates will corner them all for themselves.

Hold.

macduffy
02-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Do you think there will be no opportunity to subscribe for shortfall in addition to the 1 for 6.
I guess that this price, everyone would want shortfall shares, and the director's mates will corner them all for themselves.

Hold.

In a formal underwriting agreement it's usual that the underwriters are obliged to pick up any shortfall and there is no provision for shareholders to subscribe for additional shares.
We'll have to wait to see the documentation but I'd be very surprised if it is otherwise.
I think there are four underwriters in this case, two of which are associates of directors.

MrDevine
04-03-2009, 01:21 PM
192PJ 3P certed today. Frothy spike into high 0.50's, lots of action with BOW lately. Obviously Don Juan a stepping stone for the other permits. Can still see some selling when new shares issued, they're a real bargain for holders at current market price.

At least holders here making money, as I am, and its a change from looking at some pretty serious percentage losses last year. Be interested in Mark100's view.

Mr D.

The Big Ease
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
192-3P is a massive disappointment from where it was 6 months ago. no denying that.
initially planning for 200PJ - 2P.

oh well, better than a poke in the eye...hopefully bigger and better thiings to come.
they seem to want to get 3P's out there asap to dangle the carrot at a take-over IMO.

mark100
04-03-2009, 01:56 PM
At least holders here making money, as I am, and its a change from looking at some pretty serious percentage losses last year. Be interested in Mark100's view.

Mr D.

Mr D in my view Don Juan is not the main game for BOW anymore. Its the new permits.
If you look at the PES takeover it has reached a multiple of around $0.40/GJ of 3P.

After todays annoucement BOW has net reserves of 106 PJ. If you just want to work out Don Juan's value I would argue its worth less than the PES multiple as PES has demonstrated very high flow rates and has a lot of extra ground that is being acquired under the takeover.

But just say it was worth $0.40 / GJ of 3P that makes BOW's share of Don Juan worth around $42m. On BOW expanded capital base that is around 21c per BOW share. So clearly Don Juan has not so far turned out to be a large value creator. And there was no mention of further 3P increases at Don Juan but only of converting some 3P to 2P. So doesn't sound like there is much blue sky left in Don Juan.

So people buying BOW today are buying it for the high reserves they are hoping will be certified in the recently acquired permits. I'm just a bit wary because 18 months ago Don Juan was talked up big and in the end delivered not much.

I'm sure many think I'm just talking BOW down because I've sold, but I genuinely believe it has run too far based on what they have done to date. Only today did BOW finally get back to the level I first sold it at last year and I have traded it several times since then.

I have no doubt that if the new permits certify a high level of reserves quickly and demonstrate decent flow rates like PES did BOW will be worth $$'s

macduffy
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I would think that a big part of today's SP rise is accounted for by the shares still being cum the 1 for 6 issue at 27c.
Quoted ex issue on 6 March which will be a big test of the SP. On present price, shares average out at 55c after the issue. Be interesting to see if they manage that or if there is a bit of selling ex issue.

Trent
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Mr D in my view Don Juan is not the main game for BOW anymore. Its the new permits.
If you look at the PES takeover it has reached a multiple of around $0.40/GJ of 3P.

After todays annoucement BOW has net reserves of 106 PJ. If you just want to work out Don Juan's value I would argue its worth less than the PES multiple as PES has demonstrated very high flow rates and has a lot of extra ground that is being acquired under the takeover.

But just say it was worth $0.40 / GJ of 3P that makes BOW's share of Don Juan worth around $42m. On BOW expanded capital base that is around 21c per BOW share. So clearly Don Juan has not so far turned out to be a large value creator. And there was no mention of further 3P increases at Don Juan but only of converting some 3P to 2P. So doesn't sound like there is much blue sky left in Don Juan.

So people buying BOW today are buying it for the high reserves they are hoping will be certified in the recently acquired permits. I'm just a bit wary because 18 months ago Don Juan was talked up big and in the end delivered not much.

I'm sure many think I'm just talking BOW down because I've sold, but I genuinely believe it has run too far based on what they have done to date. Only today did BOW finally get back to the level I first sold it at last year and I have traded it several times since then.

I have no doubt that if the new permits certify a high level of reserves quickly and demonstrate decent flow rates like PES did BOW will be worth $$'s

Mark 100
My sentiments exactly
Trent

Huang Chung
04-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Don Juan could only be described as 'disappointing'. Pushing the share price above 60c just to get about 18% more shares at 27c seems a tad silly, in view of where the share price has traded over the last few weeks.

bermuda
04-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Mark,
You have to remember that the recent permits they gained were won against an Arrow bid.

A very important piece in the jigsaw of a beuatiful painting of what I ( hope ) to see.

Just read the Annuals and quarterlys of all the CSG companies in Queemsland.

As I am I sure you do.

Rabbi
05-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm convinced that Bow is surging on the potential value of these latest permits.

Look for a retracement once these have been factored in.

STRAT
05-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Look for a retacement once these have been factored in.I was just thinkin the same thing. Looking like the top for now or close to it. Well done to all you BOW holders.

bermuda
05-03-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm convinced that Bow is surging on the potential value of these latest permits.

Look for a retacement once these have been factored in.

I wonder if the average punter knows about the Comet programme. See page 14 of the prospectus. 3P reserves by June 2009. Maximum Gas in Place estimation is 8300PJ. Don Juan is just a pup compared to this stella permit.

Ron is aiming to take this company to mid tier status. I believe he will succeed. So much to look forward to.

Xerof
05-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Good on you Bermuda, you've done the research, kept the faith, and should now begin to reap the rewards

Huang Chung
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Good on you Bermuda, you've done the research, kept the faith, and should now begin to reap the rewards

Ditto for me ;).

mark100
06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I wonder if the average punter knows about the Comet programme. See page 14 of the prospectus. 3P reserves by June 2009. Maximum Gas in Place estimation is 8300PJ. Don Juan is just a pup compared to this stella permit.

Ron is aiming to take this company to mid tier status. I believe he will succeed. So much to look forward to.

bermuda, do you know what sort of ball park 3P figure they are aiming for by June 09? That is only 3-4 months away.

Comet may hold an estimated 6300PJ GIP but Arrow reckon they have over 37,000PJ GIP yet after all these years their 3P reserves are still only around 3,700PJ.

Although if BOW can prove up even a couple of hundred PJ of 3P by June I agree they will be off to a great start

bermuda
06-03-2009, 08:26 AM
bermuda, do you know what sort of ball park 3P figure they are aiming for by June 09? That is only 3-4 months away.

Comet may hold an estimated 6300PJ GIP but Arrow reckon they have over 37,000PJ GIP yet after all these years their 3P reserves are still only around 3,700PJ.

Although if BOW can prove up even a couple of hundred PJ of 3P by June I agree they will be off to a great start

Mark, that is a good question. My pick is they will drill some holes in the choicest parts and prove up what they can in this time period. This will allow them to extrapolate what the permit may yield in total. I will see if I can find out the initial 3P June 2009 Comet target.

The Big Ease
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
i don;t think they have mentioned 3P targets for comet, only potential from existing data.
when you first brought these new permits to my attention B, comet was the one that immediately struck me as being potentially awesome. The recent map of neighbours released by BOW shows us why. It is virtually surrounded by BG, PES and AOE.

Tok3n
06-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Problem with BOWs other prospects, even though they could be a lot larger, they're further away from the LNG terminal.

But I suspect, that's not going to be BOWs problem in a few years lol

macduffy
06-03-2009, 02:01 PM
A bit of strength in the BOW SP today as they trade ex rights on a down day for the market.
Last sale at 67c v a theoretical ex rights price of 60c!

;)

macduffy
06-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Up to 74.5c! Ex issue!

Now that's what I call a strong move!

Pure speculation or is there something else happening?

;)

Jess9
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Well done holders!! Just rewards for the faithful, just a shame I had to bail early but them the brakes.

Jay
06-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Well done holders!! Just rewards for the faithful, just a shame I had to bail early but them the brakes.

Same here, thems the breaks!

Footsie
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
potential for BOW to be taken over.

I don't hold, but looking for entry on a pull back (if there is one !!)

just a bit frothy to buy at present, she will come back if no news is out in the next few days

macduffy
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
No pull-back so far today, in fact up another 5% to 78.5c.

;)

Rabbi
10-03-2009, 05:23 AM
No pull-back so far today, in fact up another 5% to 78.5c.

;)

Finished up square at 74.5

I'm thinking of an exit between 75c and 80c, but it might well have peaked for the time being.

A good day on the DOW might provide the right sentiment for a further rise, but so far the DOW is flat.:confused:

Paddie
11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Bow is finishing very strongly today setting up tomorrow very nicely if it continues.

If that was the retrace after it had run far too hard it didn't come to much.

All is looking good on the BOW train.

Paddie

PS A happy BOW holder

The Big Ease
11-03-2009, 11:29 PM
retrace is still on the cards.

Financially dependant
13-03-2009, 11:40 AM
retrace is still on the cards.

The lack of a retrace so far....has me now thinking there is some accumulation going on.....so my theory is AOE is taking a blocking stake in BOW to match the one it has in PES?? This gives Arrow a little negotiating leaverage with the likes of BG group and may also help with the consolidation process with the LNG trains...

Just thinking out loud......disclaimer...miss the boat!

STRAT
13-03-2009, 12:19 PM
The lack of a retrace so far....has me now thinking there is some accumulation going on.....so my theory is AOE is taking a blocking stake in BOW to match the one it has in PES?? This gives Arrow a little negotiating leaverage with the likes of BG group and may also help with the consolidation process with the LNG trains...

Just thinking out loud......disclaimer...miss the boat!Hi FD,
Continuing with that line of thought one has to wonder about the additional possibilities when you consider how closely VPE has trailed movements in the BOW sp.

Financially dependant
13-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi FD,
Continuing with that line of thought one has to wonder about the additional possibilities when you consider how closely VPE has trailed movements in the BOW sp.

Hey STRAT, yes indeed, with this mornings buying accumulations looking even more likely..... we will just have to see if/when the SSH ann's come out??

MrDevine
18-03-2009, 09:48 AM
.78c on the close yesterday and no posts? Do we all think its going to have a 25% retrace or something?

Does the market think BOW has been 'transformed' by the recent investor transformation, and now buying on rumour to sell on fact when preliminary comet results released in June?

I thought it was surely going to fall back, and now look its consolidating!

Mr D holds.

STRAT
18-03-2009, 09:54 AM
.78c on the close yesterday and no posts? Do we all think its going to have a 25% retrace or something?

Does the market think BOW has been 'transformed' by the recent investor transformation, and now buying on rumour to sell on fact when preliminary comet results released in June?

I thought it was surely going to fall back, and now look its consolidating!

Mr D holds.

Hi Mr D, Its a bit early to say consolidating I reckon but the DOW is up again and Oil futures are up so another nice day may be on the way

MrDevine
18-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi Mr D, Its a bit early to say consolidating I reckon but the DOW is up again and Oil futures are up so another nice day may be on the way

Ah: Now trading at 0.865! Is this a wall of PES money or what? I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $1 soon.

STRAT
18-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Ah: Now trading at 0.865! Is this a wall of PES money or what? I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $1 soon.

Its a beautiful thing eh Mr D. Wish I held some BOW too lol

Rabbi
18-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like the retrace is over.

Something is cooking?!:)

MrDevine
19-03-2009, 10:21 AM
So a high of .91c yesterday and a blowoff to .825 by the close. The DOW was green, where do we go today?

Will BOW get sold off once placment shares are paid and transferred so punters lock in possible substantial short term profits?

Traders may want to push this north of a $1 for kicks.

Mr D holds.

STRAT
19-03-2009, 11:33 AM
So a high of .91c yesterday and a blowoff to .825 by the close. The DOW was green, where do we go today?

Will BOW get sold off once placment shares are paid and transferred so punters lock in possible substantial short term profits?

Traders may want to push this north of a $1 for kicks.

Mr D holds.Imagine how happy anyone who took Bermudas advice would be in buying RPM and then selling them to BOW. :eek: As good a route as any from 6c to 90c :D

MrDevine
27-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I am being presumptuous, however the steps we've seen in BOW look familiar to what was happening with PES before its t/o.

However the bull is back and on a tear in all CSG stocks, everything on my watchlist has gone very green in the past week.

Thinking about investing a bit of spare cash in BUL.

Holding BOW for the duration.

Mr D.

boxing_beaver
31-03-2009, 12:12 PM
has BOW run too hard too fast? I'm having trouble valuating BOW shares - comparisons to the likes of the now defunct SHG are possible but I find it hard putting a value on the SHG corporate activity. anyone care to comment? cheers

CAM
01-04-2009, 10:26 AM
to continue the conversation from the VPE thread......
Bow tipped as target

March 31, 2009

Article from: Dow Jones Newswires (http://www.dowjones.com/)
BOW Energy and Eastern Star Gas are potential takeover targets, Credit Suisse has flagged.
Bow has an ambitious goal to prove up coal seam gas reserves in Queensland but has some way to go and Credit Suisse says it probably won’t attract attention until it makes more progress.

“Acquiring Bow’s success could shortcut the commitment to more expansion trains or provide additional reserves cover for the big LNG joint ventures”, Credit Suisse said in a client note.

The analysts’ believe that ESG’s most likely suitor is Santos, which could use ESG reserves to supply domestic gas contracts, allowing it to free up Queensland reserves for LNG.

It said Origin has adequate reserves and is unlikely to be looking to amass them at the moment.
Dow Jones Newswires

impacman
01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
BOW up - ESG down on opening. Go figure!

Ish
01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
BOW up - ESG down on opening. Go figure!

Around the other way now

bermuda
11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Procuring those 3 permits was a masterstroke for BOW.

For those wanting to gain an understanding of how big Queensland CSG will be ,then Origin's 72 page report last Thursday will give you some idea.

Absolutely huge. This is NOT an imaginary bubble.

Well done Ron.

bermuda
11-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Procuring those 3 permits was a masterstroke for BOW.

For those wanting to gain an understanding of how big Queensland CSG will be ,then Origin's 72 page report last Thursday will give you some idea.

Absolutely huge. This is NOT an imaginary bubble.

Well done Ron.

Corporate,
To answer your question on the ORG thread about my BOW exit price.

The answer is when BOW no longer has the grunt to double in the next 6 months.

bermuda
16-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Corporate,
To answer your question on the ORG thread about my BOW exit price.

The answer is when BOW no longer has the grunt to double in the next 6 months.

Nice little run up today.

This is a big resource company.

MrDevine
16-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Yep I'm buying back half those I sold. Don't go broke making a profit. This has got legs.

Mr D

Ketel One
16-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Yep I'm buying back half those I sold. Don't go broke making a profit. This has got legs.

Mr D

Hope your order got filled before the announcement- bow just jumped to $1.40 :eek:

STRAT
16-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Hope your order got filled before the announcement- bow just jumped to $1.40 :eek:Im gutted I missed this ride :o

MrDevine
16-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Nope. Got a rocket under it. Who knows where it will go, but awfully frothy, even for a good story.

I sold most at 1.14, and I thought that was a good profit! Wicked to be part of this story though. Still hold a few, and wonder whether it's a good idea to buy today? What I see in the price action is similar to PES, it just kept climbing. Will reach a ceiling, might be $2 at this rate eh?

Mr D.

Paddie
19-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I love this quote from Ron.

" A successful expanded Don Juan CSG program would increase 2P reserves from our initial modest target while our Bowen Basin programs offer enormous CSG reserves potential"

Says it all.

Paddie

mark100
21-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Wilson HTM initiated coverage today. 12 month target of $1.75. They are the first broker to start covering BOW I think

Paddie
21-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I am pretty sure that BOW has given me my first 10 bagger at todays closing price of $1.40 (based on the first purchase I made). Very happy.

Outstanding company with outstanding prospects.

Paddie

MrDevine
21-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah wow. I sold most at $1.14 after holding since .36c and trading few (because of profit anxiety) Brought most of them back between $1.20 and $1.30, don't want to be out of this one.

Thanks BOW.

Jess9
22-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Mark 100 noted on AOE thread...

"that Origin (today) has just paid $660m for 1,150 PJ of 3P ($0.57/GJ) in the Surat Basin, not too far from AOE's Tipton West and Kogan North Fields." Thoughts anyone? Should this not put a fire under BOW again?

Surprised it slipped back to 1.30 today. Noted after close a gap between 1.29 to 134 and VWAP was around 135. Maybe sellers of rights issue today as they were listed.

Jess9
24-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Why all the 1 share sells in depth? Is this a trader/broker flush method (i.e. to pad out sell depth) or what automated trading looks like??

MrDevine
24-04-2009, 08:08 AM
I think its a trading programme. Not nessesarily a good thing, as it looks like BOW is now on larger traders radar. We can expect some volatility I imagine. Yesterday weakness looked like people selling allotments. Also it had a pretty quick run from 1.20 to 1.40. Could have been a bit of buy the rumour sell the fact on the new PJ target. Also interesting to note most smaller CSG players got sold off a bit after Origin announced its latest purchase.

Mr D.

The Big Ease
24-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I am pretty sure that BOW has given me my first 10 bagger at todays closing price of $1.40 (based on the first purchase I made). Very happy.

Outstanding company with outstanding prospects.

Paddie

might i say well done!
i am still in search of my first. we have all picked bad stocks and its just as well that every now and then we pick some good ones that over deliver.

not in BOW, but very happy for anyone who is in the money.

bermuda
30-04-2009, 08:20 PM
might i say well done!
i am still in search of my first. we have all picked bad stocks and its just as well that every now and then we pick some good ones that over deliver.

not in BOW, but very happy for anyone who is in the money.

Well done Paddie!!

My average is 22.45 cents but because my first purchase was at 13.5 I suppose I can claim a 10 bagger as it did hit 140 recently.

Sold a few at 138 recently but that was only to give me two years 'living' expenses while I await what could be an up and down upward journey to $4. This, as I have said before, is BIG. Ron has a very good long term growth strategy.

Paddie
01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Well done Paddie!!

My average is 22.45 cents but because my first purchase was at 13.5 I suppose I can claim a 10 bagger as it did hit 140 recently.

Sold a few at 138 recently but that was only to give me two years 'living' expenses while I await what could be an up and down upward journey to $4. This, as I have said before, is BIG. Ron has a very good long term growth strategy.

Hi Super B,

My first purchase was at 14c so I am obviously very happy with my holding in BOW. I haven't sold a single share which has meant selling off the likes of some NZO etc, but I can't afford them all, and I can always buy back in later.

I like Ron and his team and look forward to the next few months.

All the best.
Paddie

bermuda
18-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Super B,

My first purchase was at 14c so I am obviously very happy with my holding in BOW. I haven't sold a single share which has meant selling off the likes of some NZO etc, but I can't afford them all, and I can always buy back in later.

I like Ron and his team and look forward to the next few months.

All the best.
Paddie

Hi Paddie/guys,

Director Change of Interest

Just saw the BOW news announced at 4.50pm.( to be honest I did have a fleeting thought that "oh no it cant be a Sell Notice ")

WOW!! & WOW!!!!

Nick Mather and his dear wife Judith have just bought another 430,000 BOW ordinary shares. May 14th.

shasta
18-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi Paddie/guys,

Just saw the BOW news announced at 4.50pm.( to be honest I did have a fleeting thought that "oh no it cant be a Sell Notice ")

WOW!! & WOW!!!!

Nick Mather and his dear wife Judith have just bought another 430,000 BOW ordinary shares. May 14th.

Bow dropping below its 30 day moving average...:confused:

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=BOW&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

bermuda
18-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Bow dropping below its 30 day moving average...:confused:

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=BOW&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

Hi Shasta,
Do you you think this purchase is one of those 'cross transfer ' things? 430k seemed an odd number but you never know.

Agree. The market is going bearish after a nice 6-7 weeks. This is going to take a long time.

Hey, if indeed, this is a purchase by Mr and Mrs Mather ,then this is sensational news. I think , by Aussie rules, you need to get a Director share order settled outside 3 months of price sensitive news, or something like that.

Still, it may have been a 'cross' order. Will investigate. Would be great if it was for real.

shasta
18-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Shasta,
Do you you think this purchase is one of those 'cross transfer ' things? 430k seemed an odd number but you never know.

Agree. The market is going bearish after a nice 6-7 weeks. This is going to take a long time.

Hey, if indeed, this is a purchase by Mr and Mrs Mather ,then this is sensational news. I think , by Aussie rules, you need to get a Director share order settled outside 3 months of price sensitive news, or something like that.

Still, it may have been a 'cross' order. Will investigate. Would be great if it was for real.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=210461

Its on market, nice :)

bermuda
18-05-2009, 10:26 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=210461

Its on market, nice :)
Thanks,
Gotta be the best news for BOW imho.

Rif-Raf
18-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks,
Gotta be the best news for BOW imho.

Definitely good news at around $1.07 and not a token number of shares to try and gain false support because "directors are buying".

Ironic that it coincides on a day when Bow dropped so sharply. Sure gives a lot of comfort that gains from the recent run up are likely to be held before the next leg up. Mr Mather must have some pretty deep pockets as he has been continuing to average up

bermuda
18-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Definitely good news at around $1.07 and not a token number of shares to try and gain false support because "directors are buying".

Ironic that it coincides on a day when Bow dropped so sharply. Sure gives a lot of comfort that gains from the recent run up are likely to be held before the next leg up. Mr Mather must have some pretty deep pockets as he has been continuing to average up

Hi Rif-Raf,
As you know. This is a very dynamic stock. Run by a very dynamic man. Has a great team.

Paddie
19-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi Paddie/guys,

WOW!! & WOW!!!!

Hi Bermuda,

This is good news and by stumping up for 430k of shares shows that this director believes that there is still considerable upside to come.

I have posted this before, that from day one of buying BOW shares, I have been impressed with the agression that Ron P has displayed in buying BOW shares. My take is that the story ahead is good, and the reason why the directors are parting with their hard earned cash.

Exciting times ahead.

Paddie

bermuda
19-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Bermuda,

This is good news and by stumping up for 430k of shares shows that this director believes that there is still considerable upside to come.

I have posted this before, that from day one of buying BOW shares, I have been impressed with the agression that Ron P has displayed in buying BOW shares. My take is that the story ahead is good, and the reason why the directors are parting with their hard earned cash.

Exciting times ahead.

Paddie

Hi Paddie,
I could not have written that post better myself. Says it all. It is one of the very very few companies that has total commitment. It's as if they own the company. ( well, they do , don't they? )

I wonder how many people understand the significance of this? If I was a broker I would have rung my clients first thing this morning ( 6 a.m. onwards ) and told them to get donkey deep into BOW. I wonder how many brokers had the chance to comprehend this 'little' share purchase by an astute Director that has both BOW and ARROW connections.

That is why you have to do the research yourself. These websites are so good. You can learn so much. Thankyou for your, and all others input.

STRAT
22-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Just comparing BOW and VPE as we have done in the past.

Are they parting company from a TA perspective? Obviously the gains in BOW have been significantly greater but they have both followed a similar pattern till recently.

VPE asleep in a trading range between 38 and 43c Bow on the other hand sliding into a down trend and even dropping below a 60 day moving average today for the first time since December

upside_umop
22-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I was thinking the same Strat. As per below.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3553754636_296caa0b05_o.jpg

STRAT
22-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi Ooomop. Bet is cold down there tonight

I dont hold BOW ( yup still kicking myself for that one. Should have paid the extra few cents at 23c :o:o:o ) but if I had I would be a little concerned as every indicator I use has fired as a sell. Every one as of today and I dont usually wait that long to get off.
Seems to be a compelling sell to me but before Bermuda gets on my case that is from a traders perspective. I will be watching with interest to see where it goes from here.

Worthy of note ( for those who buy and hold :D ) If one had bought BOW a little over 3 years ago they would be up 1700% :eek:

Grand Uber
22-05-2009, 08:46 PM
The power of hindsight huh strat

I thought I had done well with this one in october selling at 37 cents!

upside_umop
22-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah pretty cold strat...esp in the student flat!

But probably not as cold as up in the old Waikato from what I saw on the game tonight! They looked like bulls in a paddock... :rolleyes: Hopefully there wont be bulls next week! ;)

STRAT
22-05-2009, 11:27 PM
The power of hindsight huh strat

I thought I had done well with this one in october selling at 37 cents!Absolutely Grand Uber. Hindsight really sucks :D

Isnt the Grand Uber some thing from the old TV series Happy Days?

Grand Uber
23-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Haha I think that may have been the grand poobah, which would have been a much better name!

macduffy
25-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Broker's recommendation on BOW here.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25530954-5005200,00.html

;)

soulman
26-05-2009, 04:54 PM
The broker might have set the reversal in BOW. Look like a turning point back to the $1.20's.

trackers
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm in at 0.98, someone's offloading a few today. Given the positive announcement of Tuesday, and the move to 24hr drilling within the fortnight, I'm a pretty happy camper.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=BOW&E=ASX&N=210886

Early Positive Signs of Permeability in Blackwater CSG Field

Bow Energy Limited (ASX:BOW) is pleased to announce an early technical success in the
upper Rangal coal section of its first well of an eight well Coal Seam Gas (CSG) exploration
drilling and testing program on its Comet CSG project (ATP 1025P) in Queensland’s Bowen
Basin. Bow has 100% interest in ATP 1025P.

Bow recently announced initial gas reserve certification by MHA Petroleum Consultants, LLC
(MHA) of 174PJ of 3P reserves and 297PJ of 2C gas resources for the Rangal Coal Measures
in part of the Blackwater CSG field. Four wells in this program are planned on the
Blackwater field, aimed at expanding the 3P reserves area, upgrading 2C resource to 3P
reserves, and also to identify areas of permeability in which to concentrate a pilot
production wells for 2P reserves certification.

Bow’s first core hole in the Blackwater CSG Field, BW‐2, has only been partially drilled to a
depth of 510 metres with a target depth of approximately 800 metres. To date, drilling has
intersected 5.35 metres of coal in the upper two of four expected Rangal coal seams. The
thicker of the two Rangal coal seams intersected, with a coal thickness of over four metres,
has shown intense fracturing. Intense fracturing in coals is considered to indicate good coal
permeability and generally, the higher the permeability, the higher the expected future gas
production flow rates.

Despite the technical success so far, the intensely fractured coal has resulted in unstable
hole conditions during the current 12 hour drilling operation. For this reason, Bow has
decided to mobilise the drilling rig to the next well site (BW‐4) and re enter and complete
coring of BW‐2 well through the remainder of the Rangal Coal Measures and deeper Fort
Cooper Coal Measures once 24 hour drilling operations start in two weeks.

Jay
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
More offloading today??

OBV has been declining along with the MACD over recent days.

macduffy
10-06-2009, 04:45 PM
BOW have received a "Please explain volatility in SP" from the ASX and have responded with the standard Sgt Schultz * reply.

* " I know nuuthing."

STRAT
10-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Broker's recommendation on BOW here.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25530954-5005200,00.html

;)The good ol brokers recomendation hex eh Macduffy?.

STRAT
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow what a recovery. Back at 91c
Funny ol day for BOW. Bet who ever sold at 81.5 is annoyed

small fish
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Especially when you consider there will be some long termers who will have created a tax liability and probably bought them back at a higher price than they sold. The market sucks balls at times.

STRAT
10-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Especially when you consider there will be some long termers who will have created a tax liability and probably bought them back at a higher price than they sold. The market sucks balls at times.Sucks balls? lol :eek:

Is that what happened to you Small Fish?

I have to confess to holding VPE through the recent stale period in part in order to prevent a tax liability.:cool:

small fish
10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Never been on BOW but yes has happened to me before.

Jay
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Looking at the candlestick, in my very amateur opinion. looks like the selling pressure has staterd to fizzle out, plus a big leap in volume from the last few days.

Lets hope it is green candles tomorrow, glad i did not sell!

trackers
11-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Was going to leap in yesterday with some more at 83.5 but changed my mind. doh!

Ponda
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
BOW is having a great afternoon following on from the Ann.The Ann looks really promising from my uneducated eyes.

DISC: Purchased yesterday at 89

gazprom1
12-06-2009, 01:16 PM
A lot of volatility in BOW. 81 cents on Wednesday..high today of 106.5. Great for traders...

Cheers

Discl hold: BOW, HZN, VPEO, NOG, PRCOA, APT

OutToLunch
07-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm in at 80c now that BOW seems to have cooled off a bit. Been watching for quite a while and nearly got in at 40 a while back but didn't, dammit. However now that the share price is almost back to half its recent highs I think it's a reasonably good time to pick up a few.

bermuda
07-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm in at 80c now that BOW seems to have cooled off a bit. Been watching for quite a while and nearly got in at 40 a while back but didn't, dammit. However now that the share price is almost back to half its recent highs I think it's a reasonably good time to pick up a few.

OTL,
You will be rewarded but it is going to take time. The market is pretty bad at the moment and the Baltic dry Index is falling sharply again. Too many ships and not enough goods. But sooner or later the world will recover and by then the importance of CSG to Australia will be even more apparent. And BOW will be sitting pretty.

Meanwhile China has secured further energy supplies by paying out $8 billion for Repsol's Argentinian interests. This follows on from their massive deals with Russia and Brazil. And they secured 3.6mtpa of LNG from British Gas ex Gladstone. Even Korea is scouting around with Kogas having a crack at the Iraqi auctions and taking an investment in another Queensland company with potential plus...Blue Energy BUL.

But back to BOW. They are making great strides and the results are coming in above expectations. But the market is the market. Just have to be patient.

Grand Uber
07-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Cooled off a bit? looks like shes moving downwards at quite a rate of knots

I hope for your sake your better at picking the bottom than me

STRAT
07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi Ooomop. Bet is cold down there tonight

I dont hold BOW ( yup still kicking myself for that one. Should have paid the extra few cents at 23c :o:o:o ) but if I had I would be a little concerned as every indicator I use has fired as a sell. Every one as of today and I dont usually wait that long to get off.
Seems to be a compelling sell to me but before Bermuda gets on my case that is from a traders perspective. I will be watching with interest to see where it goes from here.

Worthy of note ( for those who buy and hold :D ) If one had bought BOW a little over 3 years ago they would be up 1700% :eek:Nothing has changed guys that I can see

The Big Ease
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
It will continue on until there is a circuit breaker.
Certainly lots in the pipeline that could do that.

Until then...

OutToLunch
07-07-2009, 11:04 PM
No point in trying to pick the bottom, but I'd expect to see more than 80c sometime within the next year or so. Undoubtedly, probably somewhat less at some point too! Medium-long term for this one but at least a lot of the short term froth has already been blown off the top, even if some downside might remain. Was a toss-up between BOW and ITC... figured ITC was too close to recent highs to be a buy right now.

Corporate
08-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I really like the bow story and missed out in sub 30c. I will be a shareholder once BOW breaks the trendline.

I don't see any hurry to buy...may miss a takeover though.

Grand Uber
18-07-2009, 02:55 PM
No point in trying to pick the bottom

Looks like you failed miserably at trying to picking the bottom! :D :D

thats pretty impressive, teaches us for making comment!

Lego_Man
18-07-2009, 06:43 PM
BOW seems to have broken out of its downtrend this week. I have picked some up for a sneaky trade.

Rabbi
19-07-2009, 07:15 AM
BOW seems to have broken out of its downtrend this week. I have picked some up for a sneaky trade.

Yeah, looks like the resistance level was around 80 cents but any bad news out of the states could stymie any uptrend. This market gets spooked very easily.

Still Bow continues to prove up reserves of CS G.:)

Lego_Man
20-07-2009, 05:00 PM

:)

*Insert ramp here*

bermuda
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM

*Insert ramp here*

WOW!!
Check the last hours trading. Something is up. I know it was a cracking quarterly but I smell an announcement. And knowing Ron he will be getting his pound of flesh.

I sincerely hope it isn't because we have a lot more to prove up yet. Anyone have any ideas?

STRAT
03-08-2009, 06:22 PM

*Insert ramp here*Bow has been a buy for a couple of weeks. What is it you are hoping it wont be Bermuda?

bermuda
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Bow has been a buy for a couple of weeks. What is it you are hoping it wont be Bermuda?

I am hoping that we won't sell ourselves short. But then again if Ron has a Plan up his sleeve I will be all for it. This guy knows more about what is going on than the rest of them put together. Somethings up.

Brut
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I brought in today after I read the quarterly @ $1.06 so happy to see it close @ $1.19.

Sold out too early last time I traded this stock.

Paddie
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I am hoping that we won't sell ourselves short. But then again if Ron has a Plan up his sleeve I will be all for it. This guy knows more about what is going on than the rest of them put together. Somethings up.

Pretty exciting isn't it Super B?

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Paddie

bermuda
03-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Pretty exciting isn't it Super B?

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Paddie

Hi Paddie,
Tomorrow will be...... what may be. Look, I don't chart, wouldn't have a clue. But this has got me thinking and yes Paddie this could be reasonably good news if I have read it rightly.

But just remember I dont always get it right.

But as you asked,,,,,,,Yes, could be interesting. The last time I went on a forum like this the b company withdrew its intentions and nothing happened! What a laugh!

But yes, will be watching. Let's sit back and relish the moment ( of a cracking announcement hmmmm.....supply agree with Major??? ) because tomorrow is a different day. It might be a big yawn.

Anything can happen in this game.
But Ron has a Tiger by the tail with this BOW. And good on him. Because that's the sort of guy he is. Extraordinarily talented.

Some posters reckon BOWS frequent announcements are 'promotional bs'. Believe me, if they had met Ron, then they would not think that way.

Ron went out and got those permits. Knows it inside and out. The reason the news is coming out so fast is because Ron works 3 times faster than most others.

Remember Ron, not ARROW got those permits. That's what it is all about.

The above one line says it all.

STRAT
03-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Ron has a Tiger by the tail with this BOW. ...............................................

bermuda
03-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Strat,
Couldnt have painted it better myself. Well done. Liked that.

Seriously, this company gets on with it.

bermuda
04-08-2009, 12:45 AM

Strat,

Strat,
Seriously,
That was very well done! I appreciated it. A HUGE TIGER by the TAIL, with a BOW on it.

Nice one Strat. I must come to Wgtn. I wonder what is going on? This company is active. And the MD knows more than most.

He got those 3 permits. How come Arrow etc missed out? If you knew Ron you would understand.

It sounds simple. It aint. Ron got them. Knows what is going on.

bermuda
04-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Strat,

Strat,
Seriously,
That was very well done! I appreciated it. A HUGE TIGER by the TAIL, with a BOW on it.

Nice one Strat. I must come to Wgtn. I wonder what is going on? This company is active. And the MD knows more than most.

He got those 3 permits. How come Arrow etc missed out? If you knew Ron you would understand.

It sounds simple. It aint. Ron got them. Knows what is going on.

Strat,
That was really good. Best laugh of the day for me. I might print it off and put it on my card. That would make them think. Great idea. Something may or may not happen 2moro. It may be delayed news into the Brokers or it could be an announcement. Actually it is probably delayed news. Anyway, it is just a matter of time before this company has another electric bounce to confuse all.

bermuda
04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Strat,
That was really good. Best laugh of the day for me. I might print it off and put it on my card. That would make them think. Great idea. Something may or may not happen 2moro. It may be delayed news into the Brokers or it could be an announcement. Actually it is probably delayed news. Anyway, it is just a matter of time before this company has another electric bounce to confuse all.

Strat,
I am going to get a colour copy and post it to Ron. He will love it. This guy is good.
Thanks for that post mate. Appreciated

macduffy
04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Let's hope that BOW has plenty "Key Man" insurance!

;)

Lego_Man
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Sold early @ 1.08 :(

bermuda
04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Sold early @ 1.08 :(

Sorry to hear that Lego Man. That is the same price that Mr Mather ( a Director ) bought in at. He bought 430K worth.

Wouldn't mind going to the New York presentaion 9-11 September. Ron reminds me of Cassius Clay ( Ali ) ..." I am going to shake up the world!!"

Paddie
04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Lego Man. That is the same price that Mr Mather ( a Director ) bought in at. He bought 430K worth.

Wouldn't mind going to the New York presentaion 9-11 September. Ron reminds me of Cassius Clay ( Ali ) ..." I am going to shake up the world!!"

Well obviously not what we expected and volumes dropped off today.

Still a mountain of upside to go.

Getting set to move on previous highs.

Love the agression of the directors.

Paddie

Jay
04-09-2009, 01:10 PM
A bit quite here given the increase in SP

Have got on board again at around 1.07 after missing out on the rise from 40 odd cents as previously mentioned

MrDevine
19-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Well yesterdays price action was certainly interesting. We had an all time high of $1.60 reached during afternoon trade and we had a close at $1.57. Almost 2 million shares were traded at the auction – welcome to the ASX 300. I'm going to congratulate myself buying a few when SP corrected back in the 70c range.

Be keen to see a report about how the permeability testing is tracking.

Mr D holds.

bermuda
19-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Well yesterdays price action was certainly interesting. We had an all time high of $1.60 reached during afternoon trade and we had a close at $1.57. Almost 2 million shares were traded at the auction – welcome to the ASX 300. I'm going to congratulate myself buying a few when SP corrected back in the 70c range.

Be keen to see a report about how the permeability testing is tracking.

Mr D holds.

Hi Mr D,

Bermuda holds as well. ( since 12 cents ) ...Why sell eh?

BOW is set to become a Major Energy Company.

Cheers.

MrDevine
20-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah Bermuda, I've been in since 36c, but have let a few go along the way which paid for a trip or two. Very much in the black!. Happy with my holding.

What do you make of the recent drilling reports and their permeability testing?

Best, Mr D.

The Big Ease
14-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Well B, like i said on the other forum I am finally in this one.
Strong bounce back from the recent traceback is encouraging.

a 2-3 bagger possible from here, but timeframe is anyone's guess.

The "business update" was more a reminder than anything else.
Do we take that as a hint?

macduffy
02-11-2009, 05:33 PM
BOW up sharply today following another upward revision in reserves.

Nice to see something bucking the pessimistic mood!

Disc: Yes, I hold.

The Big Ease
02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Very nice indeed.
This company just keeps exceeding expectations.
Blackwater should blow all 2010 targets for the company.

That's without Comet, Norwich and further potential 2P upgrades from Don Juan.

It is looking good.

Rif-Raf
02-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Very nice indeed.
This company just keeps exceeding expectations.
Blackwater should blow all 2010 targets for the company.

That's without Comet, Norwich and further potential 2P upgrades from Don Juan.

It is looking good.

These guys really know how to deliver. They seem to achieve everything at a cracking pace. Can't underestimate the value of having good management.

macduffy
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Interesting move here by BOW.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20091104/pdf/31lvg2p4y0mn6t.pdf

Is it a "win/win" for both companies?

bermuda
04-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Interesting move here by BOW.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20091104/pdf/31lvg2p4y0mn6t.pdf

Is it a "win/win" for both companies?

It has to be a win/win situation. Ron and John are best mates.
For a moment I thought VPE ( or should I say QGC/BG ) might be buying out BOW's share of Don Juan. But I think BOW has more to extract from this permit.

I am pretty sure VPE/QGC/BG want all of the 574 permit. BOW only had a minority interest and Ron hates committee meetings. Well done Ron and well done JK.

The Big Ease
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
BOW just get things done.
I'm glad i switched into it.

Financially dependant
05-11-2009, 07:51 PM
It has to be a win/win situation. Ron and John are best mates.
For a moment I thought VPE ( or should I say QGC/BG ) might be buying out BOW's share of Don Juan. But I think BOW has more to extract from this permit.

I am pretty sure VPE/QGC/BG want all of the 574 permit. BOW only had a minority interest and Ron hates committee meetings. Well done Ron and well done JK.

What do you about British Gas and Shell are dividing up the spoils.....;)