PDA

View Full Version : SEA - SUNDANCE ENERGY

Winnie Burgers
24-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Has anyone looked into these guys??
Is it worth a gamble or do you know better??

Winnie Burgers
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
The SP of this stock has increased over 25% in 3 days and I have no idea why??

Is there anyone out there who's following these guys??

Winnie Burgers
09-06-2005, 02:46 PM
SP up 35% in 9 days (and still climbing as I type this) and no one has any comments about this??

Winnie Burgers
01-07-2005, 01:54 PM
The SP has gone up 50% in 30 days!

Just thought I'd let you know ... this being such a popular thread and all ...

[:p]

Winnie Burgers
11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Up 80% in 40 days :D

Winnie Burgers
14-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Latest Announcement: http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20050714/pdf/3rjp53rqsbf9k.pdf

oh yeah and ... SP up 86% in 43 days :D

Moonshine
14-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I think that the silence is just everyone reminiscing and wishing that they had taken notice, done some research and made an "executive decision" WB.

The trend IS your friend, and it is amazing how trying to second guess it will hardly ever work... If it is going up, hop on board, because the chances of picking the peak are very small!

Great pick WB if you got involved.

Cheers,

Moonshine

Winnie Burgers
14-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Moonshine

Yeah I purchased late in May.
The crazy thing is, the only reason I went for these guys is because they had only just listed 1 month earlier. I'm new(ish) to trading on the stockmarket. I don't do any research (as such). What I've tended to do is scan the various threads on ST'er and take a gamble on certain peoples comments.
Mad aye :)

Moonshine
14-07-2005, 03:46 PM
So what unpinned your decision to buy this stock then WB? I note that your original post on this thread was at the end of May... did you find some opinions on other trading sites?

Bloody good pick regardless... you gotta love it when you win like this![8D]

Moonshine

Winnie Burgers
14-07-2005, 04:16 PM
No opinions were found or received - I just had a good feeling about it really.
Took a gamble and won (so far anyway) :)
The big question - when will I sell?!! [?]

Winnie Burgers
15-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Looking back, I may have been out a day or two on my reports of 'up so many % in so many days'.

Anyway ... as of 14:02(Ausi time)today, the SP is up 100% in 46 days! :D!!!

Edit: I had (NZST) instead of Ausi

Damo79
15-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I've always liked the idea of selling half your holdings at 100% profit, thereby giving you your original money back and leaving you the initial dollar value of you investment. You lock in profits and expose yourself to any future gains. Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to partake of this strategy since I'm yet to make 100% on anything.

Well done WB!!

Winnie Burgers
15-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Cheers Damo79 :)

Not a silly idea ... only problem is, there's no sign of the SP dropping in a hurry. Maybe I'll sell 1/3 when it hits 200%?!! :)

AMR
20-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I've been looking at this one...$52m of cash on a market cap of circa $70m. I don't usually follow oilers, have no idea what sort of assets or cashflows they have, but they seem quite "downside bulletproof" due to their cash.

roget
24-04-2008, 12:34 PM
SEA has around 30 cents per share in cash and quite a few good prospects. Two I hope a result comes from soon are the Bakken Shale prospect in Nth Dakota and the DJ Basin in Weld County (which it just announced). SEA was also one of the AFR's stock picks for 2008.

I don't know how this will work out but SEA still has 11.975% of its stock held by ANZ because of the Opes mess. I can't see any meaningful movement in the sp untill this is cleared but SEA is worth watching imo!!!

shasta
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
SEA has around 30 cents per share in cash and quite a few good prospects. Two I hope a result comes from soon are the Bakken Shale prospect in Nth Dakota and the DJ Basin in Weld County (which it just announced). SEA was also one of the AFR's stock picks for 2008.

I don't know how this will work out but SEA still has 11.975% of its stock held by ANZ because of the Opes mess. I can't see any meaningful movement in the sp untill this is cleared but SEA is worth watching imo!!!

I too am watching SEA closely, market cap ~ $67m, with $41m cash.

20+ well drilling campaign in 2008.

Perhaps the Opes Prime distraction will allow a cheap entry...

Watching the chart for the breakout.

roget
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Shasta, I am interested in breakouts. What sort of indicators or formulas do you use. I have never been able to get one that I can stick to. I do use TA but only as confirmation that the stock is worth a punt according to its fundamentals. These days I am TRYING to discipline myself to be a 'blood on the streets' buyer and have found some good profits in it.

With SEA once I researched the company and found in held almost its price in cash and had good ground (Bakken) overseas as soon as the Opes kaos started I picked up for 31 cents. As luck would have it they made an announcement this morning of oil and gas flows from one of their US acerages in Bakken.

Dr_Who
08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Do ANZ still hold 20m shares or have they finished selling?

roget
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Do ANZ still hold 20m shares or have they finished selling?

Apparently they sold to one 'syndicate' on Tuesday at 31 cents. We will know for sure on Monday when the ANZ disclosures are made But unless someone else sold 20 million on Tuesday it had to be the ANZ opes overhang! I have heard that the whole lot was purchased by Euroz securities and passed on to their clients. Euroz has acted as broker and raised $$$ for SEA so they are hardly uniformed as must think SEA is a goer imo.

shasta
09-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Shasta, I am interested in breakouts. What sort of indicators or formulas do you use. I have never been able to get one that I can stick to. I do use TA but only as confirmation that the stock is worth a punt according to its fundamentals. These days I am TRYING to discipline myself to be a 'blood on the streets' buyer and have found some good profits in it.

With SEA once I researched the company and found in held almost its price in cash and had good ground (Bakken) overseas as soon as the Opes kaos started I picked up for 31 cents. As luck would have it they made an announcement this morning of oil and gas flows from one of their US acerages in Bakken.

Im known for my FA skills rather than TA, but i use a fairly primitive combination of OBV, Bollinger Bands, white candles & the SP rising & holding above the short & mid term MA (use 30 & 90 days mainly.)

I focus on the short term chart, so alot of what i may perceive as a breakout may not actually be confirmed by normal indicators.

Like yourself i use limited TA to confirm the fundamentals...

It does ok for me, & my latest purchase of ESG @ 47c is the best example i can give.

shasta
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Im known for my FA skills rather than TA, but i use a fairly primitive combination of OBV, Bollinger Bands, white candles & the SP rising & holding above the short & mid term MA (use 30 & 90 days mainly.)

I focus on the short term chart, so alot of what i may perceive as a breakout may not actually be confirmed by normal indicators.

Like yourself i use limited TA to confirm the fundamentals...

It does ok for me, & my latest purchase of ESG @ 47c is the best example i can give.

Opes Prime situation now resolved for SEA...

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SEA&E=ASX&N=166175

Very positive ann & this should finally allow Sundance to carry on with there busy 2008 program.

I like the potential :cool:

Dr_Who
16-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Apparently they sold to one 'syndicate' on Tuesday at 31 cents. We will know for sure on Monday when the ANZ disclosures are made But unless someone else sold 20 million on Tuesday it had to be the ANZ opes overhang! I have heard that the whole lot was purchased by Euroz securities and passed on to their clients. Euroz has acted as broker and raised $$$ for SEA so they are hardly uniformed as must think SEA is a goer imo.

I am just wondering if the shares placed at 31 cents are being sold on the market putting pressure still on the sp? Sp seems to be drifting backwards. Maybe buyers who bought at 31 cents are selling some shares?

disc: not a shareholder

Dr_Who
19-05-2008, 10:31 AM
SEA has around 30 cents per share in cash and quite a few good prospects.

The last quarterly has them with only $41m cash = 24 cps.

roget
19-05-2008, 12:55 PM
The last quarterly has them with only $41m cash = 24 cps.

My apologises for misleading.

Dr_Who
20-05-2008, 09:23 AM
The march presentation the company had $50m cash and the latest quarterly they had $41m cash. Burning cash fast! Hope they get results in the drilling.

I have SEA on watchlist.

shasta
20-05-2008, 04:46 PM
The march presentation the company had $50m cash and the latest quarterly they had $41m cash. Burning cash fast! Hope they get results in the drilling.

I have SEA on watchlist.

Dr Who

SEA have previously announced a large $45m drilling program for 2008

This presentation highlights this...

http://www.sundanceenergy.com.au/2008/ASX%20Releases/Investor%20Presentation-3-11-08.pdf

roget
05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Dr Who

SEA have previously announced a large $45m drilling program for 2008

This presentation highlights this...

http://www.sundanceenergy.com.au/2008/ASX%20Releases/Investor%20Presentation-3-11-08.pdf

A great move up today. The news has only just begun on this imo! A tremendous drilling program ahead. Finally the market has woken up.

roget
03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Well the Bakken acreage is playing out nicely. After a run up from 14cents it is consolidating around 28 cents. Watch for a good run over the next month as a few drilling results are released. Once it breaks 30 I feel it should easily make 40 cents.

drillfix
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
After a run up from 14cents it is consolidating around 28 cents. Watch for a good run over the next month as a few drilling results are released. Once it breaks 30 I feel it should easily make 40 cents.

Been a long time since this one has been discussed.

Jumped into this today for a trade and think I will HOLD until the chart says otherwise.

Great Chart for anybody that likes to view them, trade them etc etc.

SEA Daily >>> http://i53.tinypic.com/10f9j6t.png

Hey Roget and others, did you ever think SEA would climb as much as it has, its been a while since the last post here but looks like another AUT which also has a good chart.

Cheers.

drillfix
10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I thought there were a few oil and gas followers here on this thread and it seems that a stock with a Fantastic Chart gets not one post or comment?

Is there something that I dont know here folks? I admit I am not a big oiler type fella, but shucks, Look at the chart.

Should you not care or know, its whats known in the Technical Analysis terms as "and UPtrend" :)

Guess you guys dont buy the chart though so I guess this will be another thread in which I will chat to myself.

gazprom1
10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
DF,

There are a few threads where you have to talk to yourself. I think there are alot of co's out there and it takes time for the FA guys to research and we can't look into every compnay..at least I can't. I have run the ruler over a couple of companies this week looking for a good investment but have turned up ZERO. I love micro/small caps but so many of them are going to need millions upon millions of capital and some are just not gong to fly.

So, keep posting!!!!!!!! Hope you have made some $$$$'s. Novemner was a good month and December is shaping up good as well.

Take care,
Gaz

roget
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Hi drillfix, I think SEA has a bit further to go maybe another 20cents from what it is now (60cents). It has a lot of very promising plays coming up and has just done a cap raising to accelerate its program. That is the good news ... the bad news at least for me is that I got out in the 40s! Technically the uptrend for SEA is well established and going strong. The first thing that attracted me to SEA and what I like to this day is it has GREAT management!!

The price of oil will have a big effect but everything i read says that the only way for POO is up so again a winner for this very good company.

drillfix
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi roget,

Seems to be upward pressure anyway so yes, good to hear some of your thoughts on this.

Actually have a friend who had been telling me to buy these since they were below 10c, but back then, was not trading stocks at the time, but as usual, wish I had.

drillfix
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
So, keep posting!!!!!!!! Hope you have made some $$$$'s. Novemner was a good month and December is shaping up good as well.

Take care,
Gaz

Thanks Gaz, you always give encouragement.

Not making as much $$$ as I would have liked.

Sometimes I am beginning to think if I am meant to be trading stocks, as in if it suits my personality. Not sure if I have the patience for it due to the funds side of things.

Day trading goes both ways, you win some, you lose some, but for the long term holds, its very testing. Its like I pick the wrong stocks which leaves me with not as much moola to get into the right stocks to leverage that position. So after all of it, I only walk away with little if anything some times.

I enjoyed trading futures and currency whereby there is always momentum, and always direction, or even if was range bound it would fine because I could knowingly win more often than I would lose.

Returning back to stocks was at the wrong time, when many stocks have completely bounced off their new lows, now they are at highs and the market at times feels a bit Toppy, as its not shy to sell off whenever it needs to.

So I guess I know what you mean about running rulers and being selective. But this jump back into stocks for me has not been timed too well IMO.