PDA

View Full Version : NEW - New Image Group

roaddog
25-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Whats happening with this company Dudes [?]any of you dudes got any views on new image group [?]

roaddogs a share holder bought in @10c

Snow Leopard
25-05-2005, 03:45 PM
heh! roaddog dude
NEW's a dog roaddog dude
It's a dog that ain't hittin' the road roaddog dude
It ain't a roaddog roaddog, but its a dog dude.
Let sleeping dogs lie dude.
10c? youre lucky roaddude, you coulda paid more for this dog dudedog.

Why the hell do I bother dudeing this dude?

Disc: :D

small fish
25-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Love your work PT.

Shareloser
25-05-2005, 04:59 PM
New Image International is the World Leader in the supply and distribution of Colostrum and Nutritional Care Products.

As a pioneer of New Zealand Colostrum and other leading-edge natural health products.21 years ago, Chairman and founder, Graeme Clegg created a plan that enabled anyone to start and run their own business by selling quality nutritional suppliments and giving other people the chance to do the same.

New Image International is currently celebrating 21 Years of success as a multi-level marketing company in 2005.

[NZX Annoucement] New Image advise that the Group expects to report a loss for the fifteen months to 30 June 2005. The loss is expected to be in the range $500,000 to $1,000,000 and will be after taking account of the loss arising on the disposal of the Selector business and amortization of goodwill. In addition, revenues are expected to be less than anticipated, particularly through the direct sales channel not achieving projected sales. Roll out of a weight loss centre concept, positively impacted sales in New Zealand and is being progressively rolled out to Asian countries. The business has been affected by the high New Zealand dollar and restructuring costs.

Shareloser
25-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Bought some at 10c ... NEW is not going anywhere, staying at 7c or 8c

The annoucement says the loss for the year will be $0.5m to $1m due to disposal of the Selector business. Anyone with info about how NEW is performing (without taking into account the one-off costs for disposals)?

Greyhound
26-05-2005, 05:32 AM
Hey dude.we must be related[:I].please don't tell anyone dude.I bought some awhile ago for the puppies .When those young dudes have grown up they might be worth something.

Snow Leopard
26-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Like duuuuuuude!
Nah. I can't be bothered

paul29
30-05-2005, 02:16 PM
last trade 9.4c

share price up 17.5% today its good to see a bit of interest in this company again :)

I like New Image International it is the World Leader in the supply and distribution of Colostrum and Nutritional Care Products.

K9
30-05-2005, 02:57 PM
comeon dudes...3 trades and under $10k turnover.

The company is valued at $14.3m!!!

show me some real figures and forecasts

paul29
06-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Managers quit before listing

Colostrum marketing company New Image International has lost two of its three top executives in a dispute over the company's direction before a planned backdoor NZX listing.

Marketing director Edward Ludbrook quit in June, three weeks before chairman Graeme Clegg announced a plan to acquire 90 per cent of the shares of ailing software company Selector Group before renaming it New Image Group and listing it this month on the NZX.

Chief executive Doug Gibbons had already left last December after Clegg vetoed an ambitious plan to invest heavily in promoting colostrum products with the Symbiotics brand in Asia and Europe.

Neither man has been replaced and former Wairarapa farmer Clegg is now filling both roles. Only Masterton accountant Alan Stewart remains with him on the board.

Clegg, now in his mid-sixties, founded New Image in 1984.

He had seen how lambs that almost froze to death in a storm could be revived "miraculously" with a dose of colostrum, the nutritious substance produced by all mammalian mothers for the first few days after a baby is born.

He arranged to buy colostrum from dairy companies (now Fonterra) and mixed it with other plant and animal extracts to make a range of health products.

Sales, mostly in Asia, reached $50 million a year by the late 1990s, making it a world market leader in colostrum products.

However, sales collapsed in the Asian economic crisis of 1998.

Gibbons said they were down to $4.5 million a year when he joined in February 2002 and were rebuilt by him and Ludbrook to $14 million by the end of last year, partly by buying the rights to the US-based Symbiotics brand for all countries outside the US.

"It came to a point where we had to start investing in a significant way in that brand," he said.

"But there was a reluctance to invest in that strategy."

Ludbrook stayed on for six months but said on Friday from Sweden, where he was on a consulting contract, that he quit over the Selector Group deal.

"I refuse to have anything to do with the company. I do not believe it's in a fit state to list. That's why I left," he said.

Contacted in the Philippines, where he was leading a sales seminar, Clegg said an independent advisers' report due to be released to Selector Group shareholders shortly would show that the policies of Gibbons and Ludbrook "were not taking the company forward to growth".

Although he did not need that capital immediately, he took advantage of the backdoor listing through Selector Group when it was available.

"Opportunity doesn't always knock when you want it to," he said.

He said he chose the NZX instead of an Asian market because the NZX showed him that its index had risen faster than Hong Kong, Singapore or Australian indexes in recent years.

paul29
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
This is old news from last year..before they listed on the NZ share market

By SIMON COLLINS science reporter

A former Wairarapa farmer who has built a $50 million health products business is ready to list his companies - but possibly on an Asian sharemarket rather than in New Zealand.

Graeme Clegg's companies, New Image International and Bioactive Technologies, employ only 30 people at their Mangere head office but use more than 100,000 people to sell their products direct to customers, mainly in Asia.

The group is the world's biggest producer of health products based on colostrum, the nutritious substance produced by all mammalian mothers for the first few days after a baby is born.

Clegg, 64, takes 6g of colostrum a day and told an Auckland biotechnology forum yesterday that it made him immune to ailments ranging from jetlag to Sars.

"During the [Sars] outbreak I was the only passenger on a Cathay Pacific 747 flying between Hong Kong and Taiwan," he said.

He started the group in 1984 after his brother died of melanoma and his parents both died of colon cancer.

"I realised I was probably genetically programmed to also be a candidate," he told the forum. "My mission has been a selfish one - to avoid the grim reaper."

On his Wairarapa sheep farm, he had seen how lambs that almost froze to death in a storm could be revived "miraculously" when he gave them a dose of colostrum.

He also knew that modern cows, bred to produce milk, produced enough colostrum to feed six calves when they gave birth. If they had only one calf, the excess colostrum was fed to pigs or thrown away.

He did a deal with the dairy companies - now Fonterra - to extract the colostrum, which he then mixed with other plant and animal extracts to produce a range of health products.

He believes that they boost the body's immunity against many diseases, and may even repair parts that degrade with old age.

"Microbes are the threat [of] human extinction, not asteroids or a nuclear holocaust," he said.

He built the company to a $50 million turnover in the late 1990s, exporting 95 per cent of the product and using his own direct marketing sales force.

Sales collapsed to $7 million after the Asian currency crisis of 1998. But they are now back to $50 million and Clegg forecasts $100 million in the next two or three years.

He applied for a stock exchange listing on the second board in Singapore in the last boom, but withdrew when the market plunged.

He is now ready to try again, but is coy about which exchange he will choose.

He said three years ago that he wanted to list in Asia "to share our wealth with the people who helped create it"

paul29
30-08-2005, 11:42 AM
last trade 7c
Total Issue 186,280,000

Market Capitalisation $13,039,600 (@7c)

The directors of New Image Group announce a net deficit before tax of$833,000 for the fifteen months ended 30 June 2005.Group EBITDA, after excluding the one off loss arising on the disposal of the Selector business, was a deficit of $25,000. The group began the financial period operating as Selector Group Limited and was involved in the development and marketing of computer based psychometric testing. At the Annual Meeting in November, shareholders approved the disposal of this business and the acquisition of the New Image business with effect 29 November 2004. The name of the listed entity was subsequently changed from Selector Group to New Image Group. The businesses are completely different so any comparison to the last reported annual result is not relevant. The core business of New Image is the development, manufacture and distribution of health and nutritional products, with its main products being based on bovine colostrum - a derivative of the dairy industry. The group sells product internationally through wholesale distribution channels, under various private label brands and through its direct selling operations based in New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and Taiwan. It also distributes its own retail brands through traditional channels to health professionals, as well as private label manufacturing. The results for the period were below expectations and were affected by both the high New Zealand dollar as well as lower than expected sales in the direct selling arm of the business. 2005 saw the launch of products into India through Dr Reddy's Laboratories, a significant pharmaceutical company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. In the next financial period the group is seeking to consolidate its position in the Indian market, and to enter new markets - albeit new markets take more entrant time due to compliance requirements with local food and drug regulations. New initiatives launched over the past 12 months position the company more advantageously for growth and development of niche markets to meet sales objectives. The focus is on premium and fortified colostrum aimed at the"medical food" market rather than the more competitive lower value end of basic health supplements. This direction supported by company IP, scienceand clinical trials will establish the future business firmly in the high growth, biotech industry. The relationships built during the year with a number of multi national pharmaceutical companies attests to the quality and scientific support of the products, and augers well for substantial future business.

roaddog
16-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Dudes next trade is 9.9c :)long way from the 21c it was trading at last year

still holding dudes

roaddog
05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
The annual report wasn't to bad dudes :)[:p]

With six billon people now living on earth i think the companys greatest success is with colostrum.

This product is natures answer to mankinds greatest health concern a weakened immune function

They have got some of the best products

Dudes

With six billon people now living on earth you never know you could see NEW IMAGE GROUP becoming a $100,000,000 company [?]

Greyhound
05-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Yea,and CAPITALIST will marry ROCKING.:D

roaddog
21-11-2005, 09:07 AM
quote:Whats happening with this company Dudes any of you dudes got any views on new image group

roaddogs a share holder bought in @10c

New Image International is a New Zealand owned company. It has 19 successful years in health food products.

New Image operates in 6 other countries, including New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. The Taiwan office will be open in July 2003. There are plans to further expand into Hong Kong, China, Japan and Korea over the next few years.

New Image International has a phenomenal growth of 326% in the year 2002. Its success is based on four key ingredients: great products, effective systems, incredible people and an entrepreneurial spirit

Halebop
21-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Didn't 326% also come off the low base of the prior sales implosion?

Snow Leopard
21-11-2005, 10:42 AM
19 successful years - but it made a loss last year.
July 2003? 326% growth in 2002? Your post get lost for a few years?
You have quoted your first post on this thread.
My first post is still there as well.

roaddog
21-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Paper Tiger dude,

Do you work for www.directbroking.co.nz
[?][?]

Snow Leopard
21-11-2005, 02:07 PM
No.

Futurz
21-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Woof woof [xx(]

roaddog
24-11-2005, 02:25 PM
share price up 16.2 % last trade 7.9c

New Image well trading at over 10c soon dudes just wait and see;)[8D]

PrinceofWhales
03-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Share price down 29.1% from 7.9c to 5.6c and Roaddog somehow omitted to post this 30/12/2005 NZX announcement. It'll be be a long time soon before they're trading at over 10c dude - just wait and see!

REL: 0844 HRS New Image Group Limited

FORECAST: NEW: Forecast for six months ending 31 December 2005

New Image advises that delays in its growth strategies will impact adversely on the results for the six months ending 31 December 2005.

The group's focus on premium and fortified colostrums aimed at the "medical food" market requires lengthy processes for the certification of products and other compliance issues, resulting in delays in the roll out of product launches.

In addition, the continuing high level of the New Zealand dollar is
dissuading potential customers from bringing forward introductions to new markets. The direct selling markets are also slow with
inconsistent performance from the network leaders in some countries.

The direct sales division has not met expected performance targets and should improve over the second half year.

Regards,

Graeme Clegg
Chairman

roaddog
03-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Things are not looking good at new image it well be interesting to see where the share price is going this year DOWN maybe dudes

maybe this company should be called NEW LEMON

winner69
10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
New Image mentioned in these stories of international intrigue

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/little-fuel-booster-shoots-for-the-stars/2007/01/07/1168104868041.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/rise-of-a-man-with-a-magic-mystery-pill/2007/01/07/1168104867997.html

Lizard
27-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Hope they aren't one of Firepower's creditors, eh Winner?
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=32&ContentID=87071

I see Fonterra's Max Parkin has signed up to the board as one of his retirement projects. Also, the company posted a reasonable profit first half and forecasts FY revenue up 55% on prior year. Potential P/E of 10 if half year can be annualised.

Are they they turning respectable? Or just the "one good year in ten" that many of these small caps seem to throw up occasionally?

Lizard
05-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Must have ramped this too hard last week, up 30% to 20cps...

...and I'm not holding...:eek:

noodles
12-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I also thought of new image with herbalife in the news recently. Given their recent strong earnings announcements, there can be no excuse for not decaring dividend in feb. This should debunk any concerns about repatriation and real cashflows. As a holder, i would be very disappointed if one was not forecoming.

It is also worth noting that clegg is a recent buyer of new image shares. So i think we can take some confidence from that.

I've never tried any of their products.

oldmankiwi
13-01-2013, 07:40 AM
As a holder I attended the annual shareholders meeting. Direct marketing (like Avon) is the strength of the business, aimed at rich people in Asia. The expansion, new packing plant, gives capacity to grow. Dairy product based.

golden city
14-01-2013, 07:14 AM
the high exchange rate is a concern

noodles
17-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Old Man Clegg has just announced a full takeover bid for the 30% of the company he no longer controls.

Alas, the last cheap stock on the NZX will be gone.

I'm finding far more value on the LSE/AIM now.

morton_mains
18-01-2013, 05:42 PM
noodles - low ball bid just when things a re coming right - at the AGM indicated that they would tunr $100m and would be in profit. Also things for future coming their way - lots of contracts for infant milk formula for china. Also on horizon was exploring move into another health food segments - e.g. goat milk (don't scoff) - big growth market - I know you are familiar with ATM - check out major shareholder FNP as they are into these market segments.
I shall be complaining to independent directors as the 2 reasons used in offer doc. don't stack - fact that only 80 shareholders own 90%+ - its been that since 2007 if you look at ann rpt. and then the chestnut the low price/ liquidity...i won't get started....
this is coming right and i think there will be a few long sufferring beggars like me looking to enjoy a better return.

oldmankiwi
18-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I have e-mailed Graeme Clegg: Dear Graeme,

News that you are only offering 26 cents a share disappoints me.

What about the shareholders that supported you at much higher share prices?

Yes, last year was a watershed, getting the company positioned so shareholders could again see a profitable company.

Now you are taking advantage of a low share price to kick out the shareholders who were the ones that financed you.

Shame on you.

noodles
18-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Yes, last year was a watershed, getting the company positioned so shareholders could again see a profitable company.

Now you are taking advantage of a low share price to kick out the shareholders who were the ones that financed you.

Shame on you.

My sentiments exactly. I feel he has pulled a swift one.

And now I'm going to have to find another stock for the competition!

winner69
19-01-2013, 06:12 AM
That other shareholder only sold part of their shareholding at 26 to clegg ecause that was all he was allowed to buy. To buy under the creep provision. To get the rest he has to make a full offer for all the other shares and that shareholder is happy with 26 cents

But clegg doesn't need shareholders any more .... they are an uneccessary expense and hindrance

NEW is oivervalued .... as sparky says he has saved you from losing your money .... he probably will offer a bit more to get rid of you but you never know he just might get to 90% and then you need to sell anyway

winner69
19-01-2013, 06:22 AM

Shame on you.

I take it oldmasnkiwi that you are a long time shaeholder and actually put real money into the company ..... as compared to buying somebody elses shares

Recent shareholders have not put any money into NEW .... and as such can't claim to have 'supported' the company per se .... they only punted on the share price going up

winner69
02-02-2013, 07:23 AM
See Clegg is doing you a favour .... official announcement yesterday that tough times are coming up and that punters shouldn't just extrapolate current sales and profitability

After that announcement Clegg is paying far too much to your minorities ..... can you just sense that the independent report might just be a little pessimistic on future prospects ... isn't that how the game works

winner69
06-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Clegg bringing out more bad news .. scored himself on One News last night (prime time) bemoaning they had a lost a $250,000 order because of the DCD scare .... customer didn't want to buy from this not so green country

Maybe could ruin NEW .... Clegg doing you guys a favour taking out the minority eh

Watch this space ..... more bad news no doubt next week before the independent report

morton_mains
24-03-2013, 09:34 AM
i concur. unfortunately long suffering holder awaiting him to offer a decent and fair price in line with independent report.
disappointed the independent directors letters and announcemnts didn't put REJECT or similar in large capitals in either the stock exchaneg ann or the final report.

there is much to be peeved about - not only the last write down in the half yr profits on their investments again -
- i asked at the last agm why the compensation payment to the malaysian director, regarding dropping attempt to list overseas, hadn't been disclosed as a contingency in previous audited financial statements and got a weak reply about it being, paraphrasing here."overlooked"
- the 26c price was cleverly hinged to the transfer price to Huljich ONE day after the the profit ann in late october - this was clearly impossible to execute , if you look at the heavy duty documentation with lawyers on both sides, let alone considering haggling over price, within that time frame unless Huljich canvassed well before hand - and the independent report says as much that "had engaged in discussions with Mr Clegg"

What is not evident, unless you reasearch the HWM filings, is that HWM was not flush with funds and may have been desparate at any price to liquidate - their sale of the kiwisaver business to fisher left them with a profit but whihc couldn't be realised as they had to buy the less liquid assets, incl New image, that Fisher didn't want. To do so also requried a loan from HWM parent of $7.5m.....so by Mr C. offering 26c woudl have killed two birds - gave an exit for HWM and set a psychological cap for MR C. to offer to investors.

anyway, regardless is worth more and the accepatnces to date have been very poor so he need to pay up.

Balance
24-03-2013, 12:23 PM
That is highly unlikely over HWM need to liquidate. The Huljich family who owned HWM have lots of money, loads of Diligent and have been acquiring more Pacific Edge shares, according to SSH holdings over the last few months. Liquidity unlikely to be an issue. More likely to be the desire to be rid of a lousy under performing investment. Most good investors get rid of their poor performing investments to put their money into places where the money can work better.

And HWM have done well - selling out of New at 26 cents and increasing their shareholding in Diligent and PEB. Look at what DIL and PEB have done compared to New.

morton_mains
24-03-2013, 01:36 PM
i am aware of they aren't short of a bob, just saying there may have been liquidity in the HWM vehicle itself that was an issue - remember this had other celeb directors in it so they woudl have like to keep everything contained and straightforward.

Most good investors get rid of their poor performing investments to put their money into places where the money can work better.

..touche. Ah yeah thanks for that :(

morton_mains
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
please don't tell me ITYS

yes the ann. tone was quite "off"
i supported the simmons valuation and sent 3 page document to independent directors and simmons, that range was fair.

i won't labour the point other than to say this has been a disaster for me and time wasted more valuable. great promise and woudl be worth more in different hands.

yes, ATM has momentum going for it

morton_mains
13-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I hope the colustrum witchcraft.... "

Sparky - then perhaps you'd like to enlighten us why ASX:IMC would bother then?????

"Immuron is a biopharmaceutical company focused on oral immunotherapy treatments using dairy-derived
antibody products for humans............................................ ................................
Immuron’s main scientific alliances are with Hadassah Medical Center (Israel), the University of Melbourne and Monash University (Australia)." Strange covens!!!

And, so by your definition these witches (directors) must be burned at the stake?:

Dr Roger Acton......" founding CEO of Mayne Pharma Group"

Dr Elane Zelcer ......"also chaired the Victorian State Government Bioeconomy Working Group; part of the State Government’s Biotechnology Strategy."

Dr. Stewart Washer......."He was recently the Chief Executive Officer of Calzada Ltd (ASX:CZD) and the founding Chief Executive Officer of Phylogica Ltd (ASX:PYC) and before this, he was Chief Executive Officer of Celentis where he managed the commercialisation of intellectual property from AgResearch in New Zealand "

Hmm.....Wonder if all witches have the honourific "Dr." ?

sigh........please lets not let the internet descend to the lowest common denominator

Snow Leopard
13-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Hmm.....Wonder if all witches have the honourific "Dr." ?

I may be strong but I can not resist:

Which Doctor Directors are the Directors which Doctors direct to the Witch Doctor?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

morton_mains
13-05-2013, 11:14 PM
ho, ho you were both funny, but .....

only one of you was GENUINELY funny!

thread ENDS?

noodles
23-06-2014, 09:37 PM
ho, ho you were both funny, but .....

only one of you was GENUINELY funny!

thread ENDS?

No the thread does not end.

This is behind the Nbr paywall.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/redundancies-piling-infant-formula-sector-jb-p-158096

Gist of the article is that new image is suffering because they can't export to China anymore(may 1 ban).

Perhaps those shareholders who felt they got a raw deal from Clegg can consider themselves lucky.