PDA

View Full Version : ATM - A2 Milk Corporation Limited

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

couta1
03-10-2018, 07:29 PM
savage sell down into the close in aus .... 10.82 nz? 10.88 actually, BAL down 4.9% can't blame Captain Herd Licker for that or can we?

Muppett
03-10-2018, 07:32 PM
10.88 actually, BAL down 5.4% can't blame Captain Herd Licker for that or can we?

With all the "good news/reports" in the last week or so, why would the SP be down so much?
Its not like she and her Board are helping the situation.

couta1
03-10-2018, 07:42 PM
With all the "good news/reports" in the last week or so, why would the SP be down so much?
Its not like she and her Board are helping the situation. I'm getting sorely tempted to sell my long term holding bought at $8, my recent parcel bought at $11.80 would remain because they are heavily submerged. I have very little confidence in the Captains ability to avoid icebergs or to repeat hitting one on purpose like she recently did.

Baa_Baa
03-10-2018, 08:27 PM
I'm getting sorely tempted to sell my long term holding bought at $8, my recent parcel bought at $11.80 would remain because they are heavily submerged. I have very little confidence in the Captains ability to avoid icebergs or to repeat hitting one on purpose like she recently did.

Calm and patience, the buying opportunity is emerging. Todays collapse to the long term MA and then close below on another Director's sell is setting the stage for an entry/re-entry/top up depending on one circumstances. The insiders selling started weeks ago, it was the trigger to lighten up immediately. But ignore the noise, the demand for A2 milk isn't going away anytime soon. Decisions decisions.

Muppett
03-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Calm and patience, the buying opportunity is emerging. Todays collapse to the long term MA and then close below on another Director's sell is setting the stage for an entry/re-entry/top up depending on one circumstances. The insiders selling started weeks ago, it was the trigger to lighten up immediately. But ignore the noise, the demand for A2 milk isn't going away anytime soon. Decisions decisions.

If the demand for A2 isn't going away, then why did the insiders start selling?
Hopefully you mean increased demand.
Where and why would this be so?

44wishlists
03-10-2018, 09:44 PM
When time comes, every shareholder will cashing in. It doesn't mean that the future of the SP is not going to go up, just when we need the fund, we will have to sell. I can't show the bank the paper gain as my part of my income when applying for a mortgage right?

Snow Leopard
03-10-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm getting sorely tempted to sell my long term holding bought at $8, my recent parcel bought at $11.80 would remain because they are heavily submerged. I have very little confidence in the Captains ability to avoid icebergs or to repeat hitting one on purpose like she recently did.

I am not sure that your ATM shares care about the price they were bought for.
What do you see as the future for the company (& the share price) ?

Muppett
03-10-2018, 09:55 PM
What do you see as the future for the company (& the share price) ?

The future is the same as Research in Motion (RIM) on the NASDAQ.

pg0220
03-10-2018, 10:03 PM
The future is the same as Research in Motion (RIM) on the NASDAQ.

Who do you think the Apple of milk industry then? I thought it was indeed A2M.

couta1
03-10-2018, 10:11 PM
What do you see as the future for the company (& the share price) ? I don't care either as long as I don't make a loss, as far as the future goes we need a crystal ball to get that correct and clear ,IMO the big gains have come and gone the SP went from just under $4 to over $14 in a rapid fashion, future gains will more likely be two steps forward and one and a half backward. A CEO who has been earning Massive amounts of money over a long period yet needs to sell her Entire holding to cover a few bills gives all the wrong messages to the market and loyal shareholders, I'm struggling to reconcile her actions and feel confident at the same time.

Muppett
03-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Who do you think the Apple of milk industry then? I thought it was indeed A2M.

I'm no expert, don't know all the players etc... but as the guy on Morningstar (Fetch ?) said in the video (posted on here by someone), there are other "bigger overseas companies with deeper pockets" in China. Danone etc...
A2M has first mover advantage.
When every farmer has only A2 cows ....... problems for A2.
Might be even sooner than that, as that would be a long way away.
Need to make hay while you can.

couta1
03-10-2018, 10:39 PM
G.I Jayne has now officially become the billion dollar woman, can we rebuild her, I'm not sure. Has any other CEO in history wiped a billion off the market cap of a company in such a short space of time before their maiden speech, not sure but unlikely. Time for a hot chocolate and a biscuit, night all.

Snow Leopard
03-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Very difficult to value a high growth share like ATM, you can make all sorts of assumptions and get almost any valuation you want.
Currently my best guess would be just under $10 now looking at something near $12 a year out.

Mind you my last buy was $2.45, I sold down to keep the portfolio in balance and I am in no rush to top up.
I would be interested if it gets into the $8.XX range.

All just my opinion, of course, it is the one that really matters to me :).

peat
03-10-2018, 11:59 PM
yeh I agree with those levels SL
I was looking at ATM today but it still seems very expensive (and I do understand why) but just makes me uncomfortable as a reasonably conservative investor.
I was thinking a bit lower before I would be tempted

clearasmud
04-10-2018, 01:00 AM
A reason I didn't invest a month or 2 ago was because they said that their big investment in the USA wouldn't be cash flow positive for a couple more years.So I thought the share may drop back.
Did anyone else notice that?

dobby41
04-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Seems ATM has gone from 'can't beat it, best company there ever was with awesome prospects' to 'dump and run for the hills' very quickly.

Couta1 - I can't see how you seperate your parcels of shares. When you sell do you specify particular ones to sell (the one brought at $8)? As far as I can see you have dollar cost averaged and none will sell at a loss at the moment. If you think the parcel purchased at $11.80 is going to go up (won't sell at a loss so you must think they will go up) why wouldn't the parcel brought at $8 go up also and be worth even more than they are now.
Seems like woolley thinking by a very sensible person. I suppose it can happen to us all.

04-10-2018, 08:05 AM
Seems ATM has gone from 'can't beat it, best company there ever was with awesome prospects' to 'dump and run for the hills' very quickly.

Couta1 - I can't see how you seperate your parcels of shares. When you sell do you specify particular ones to sell (the one brought at $8)? As far as I can see you have dollar cost averaged and none will sell at a loss at the moment. If you think the parcel purchased at $11.80 is going to go up (won't sell at a loss so you must think they will go up) why wouldn't the parcel brought at $8 go up also and be worth even more than they are now.
Seems like woolley thinking by a very sensible person. I suppose it can happen to us all.

Simple bookkeeping exercise in own records. I do it myself on some occasions as I look at each purchase as an individual investment.

winner69
04-10-2018, 08:33 AM

Isn’t this what happens when realisation hits home that the hype has driven the share price to outrageous heights.

Just drifting back to more sensible / realistic value ......like Synlait is but it’s shareprice has got more downside from here than ATM

The Listener this week seems to be saying that dairy could be good for your heart ...must read the story and not just the cover

Leftfield
04-10-2018, 08:40 AM

I don't care either as long as I don't make a loss, as far as the future goes we need a crystal ball to get that correct and clear ,IMO the big gains have come and gone the SP went from just under $4 to over $14 in a rapid fashion, future gains will more likely be two steps forward and one and a half backward. A CEO who has been earning Massive amounts of money over a long period yet needs to sell her Entire holding to cover a few bills gives all the wrong messages to the market and loyal shareholders, I'm struggling to reconcile her actions and feel confident at the same time.

Couta if you are so concerned about calamity Jane - then of course you should sell
If you are concerned that the Board and other experienced managers were not aware of her intentions and do not support her actions - then of course you should sell.
If you don't believe forward P/E projections based on FY19 $1.2 to $1.5 Bill earnings - then of course you should sell
If you can't see any benefit in the lower NZ $ - then of course you should sell
If you can't see any benefits in the high margins, cash reserves and increasing wealth in shares held in SML - then of course you should sell.
If you see Chinese market risks outweighing Chinese market share and sales growth - then of course you should sell.

04-10-2018, 09:06 AM
It was the board that decided on her appointment and her entitlement to to the "welcome aboard" share entitlement that could be sold at first opportunity. I don't have faith in them.

couta1
04-10-2018, 09:16 AM
It was the board that decided on her appointment and her entitlement to to the "welcome aboard" share entitlement that could be sold at first opportunity. I don't have faith in them. The board gave her the opportunity and ability to sell but it was her clueless decision to take advantage of that and sell ALL her shares effectively destroying shareholder value for her own benefit.PS-Agree re the Board also.

minimoke
04-10-2018, 09:21 AM
The board gave her the opportunity and ability to sell but it was her clueless decision to take advantage of that and sell ALL her shares effectively destroying shareholder value for her own benefit.I'm trying to stay positive and put this unfortunate event behind us. Not helped by 500,000 shares going through already today at $10.96

nzsharetrade
04-10-2018, 09:56 AM
I guess we are still positive if we are still talking about it. I am ok even the PS is back $10 but I just hope she is not turning ATM into BAL (-60% currently). it seems the market lost the trust/confidence for sure and I don't believe this will be recovered in a short time. what is leadership? there are many companies make the loss for many years but people still believe them/board/team/CEO. I will call that is a good leadership. ATM is going other way........

minimoke
04-10-2018, 10:00 AM
A few weeks in now and I would have expected some "good news" announcement from the CEO to help turn the tide. All we have had is silence - that's not very creative

bull....
04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
hammer time broken the 200d in aus see what happens

silu
04-10-2018, 10:02 AM
I wanted to sell half of my ATM since yesterday morning but I have issues with ANZ Securities and since then the SP dropped like a hammer. I'm about to shout someone's ear off.

Muppett
04-10-2018, 10:14 AM
A reason I didn't invest a month or 2 ago was because they said that their big investment in the USA wouldn't be cash flow positive for a couple more years.So I thought the share may drop back.

I missed that. Florence not helping either.
But they did say the UK was a problem and there would be an increase in marketing spend.
NZ milk sales is slow, so back to China and IF.
This American CEO is .............

At least see weed is happy.

bull....
04-10-2018, 10:24 AM
atm broken down thru the 200d sma .... bad

Baa_Baa
04-10-2018, 10:27 AM
atm broken down thru the 200d sma .... bad Did that yesterday bull, broke and closed below. Today follow through.

allfromacell
04-10-2018, 10:28 AM

The CEO said the reason for the delay in profitability was due to taking more aggressive growth strategy due to success seen in this market. Everything seems to be tracking along very nicely other than some disappointing moves from a certain few in management. For investors I see no reason to panic.

Muppett
04-10-2018, 10:35 AM
The CEO said the reason for the delay in profitability was due to taking more aggressive growth strategy due to success seen in this market. Everything seems to be tracking along very nicely other than some disappointing moves from a certain few in management. For investors I see no reason to panic.

As an investor what are you hoping for or expecting?

allfromacell
04-10-2018, 11:00 AM
As an investor what are you hoping for or expecting?

My expectation would be 35% NPAT growth this year with the hope of achieving more stronger growth of around 45%.

Raz
04-10-2018, 11:42 AM
My expectation would be 35% NPAT growth this year with the hope of achieving more stronger growth of around 45%.

And on it goes....

Muppett
04-10-2018, 12:10 PM

Fair enough. Hope you are right.
What you are effectively saying is that you expect a 96% increase in growth over the next 2 years. (note that it's not 35% + 45% = 80%).
NPAT is the correct measure to use and not EBITDA.

Leftfield
04-10-2018, 12:25 PM
My previous queries re possible dual branding (and pricing) of A2 Milk in NZ appear to be getting resolved.

Fresha Valley's cheaper A2 Protien milk has now disappeared from my local supermarket, replaced by Anchor A2 at approx $2.00 dearer.

Anyone else noticing this switch?

minimoke
04-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Howabout a bit of shopping at your local Countdown Internet store

couta1
04-10-2018, 12:42 PM
My mouth is feeling a bit fresher now as I managed to spit out quite a bit of that petrol taste so far today, let's see what the Aussies do this arvo, might even have a completely fresh tasting mouth by the end of the day.Lol.

RupertBear
04-10-2018, 12:46 PM
My mouth is feeling a bit fresher now as I managed to spit out quite a bit of that petrol taste so far today, let's see what the Aussies do this arvo, might even have a completely fresh tasting mouth by the end of the day.Lol.

You may well have an XOOOS mouth full of fresh tasting milk by tonight Mr Couta ;)

couta1
04-10-2018, 12:49 PM
You may well have an XOOOS mouth full of fresh tasting milk by tonight Mr Couta ;) umm i think you mean a 00000 mouth full.

RupertBear
04-10-2018, 12:53 PM
umm i think you mean a 00000 mouth full.

OMG! :eek2: Well good on you for following your instincts! I admit to selling a few yesterday at $11.40 before the big slide began and very pleased I did. Trouble is it will probably jump straight back up to $11.80 tomorrow! WTF would know! Certainly wont be buying anymore though.

Scooter
04-10-2018, 12:53 PM
I have noticed the Fresha Valley milk sells out everyday, hence why hard to get

couta1
04-10-2018, 12:54 PM
OMG! :eek2: Well good on you for following your instincts! I admit to selling a few yesterday at $11.40 before the big slide began and very pleased I did. Trouble is it will probably jump straight back up to $11.80 tomorrow! WTF would know! Certainly wont be buying anymore though. Profit is profit young bear, could be more or could be less, it don't matter in the big scheme of things.PS-You did a lot better at $11.40 than I did.

mcdongle
04-10-2018, 12:58 PM
My previous queries re possible dual branding (and pricing) of A2 Milk in NZ appear to be getting resolved.

Fresha Valley's cheaper A2 Protien milk has now disappeared from my local supermarket, replaced by Anchor A2 at approx $2.00 dearer.

Anyone else noticing this switch?

Yes and the wife said,,I dont care if youve got shares in it i am not paying that...:(

RupertBear
04-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Yes and the wife said,,I dont care if youve got shares in it i am not paying that...:(

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for making me smile on a down day ;)

couta1
04-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Looking real ugly.

steveb
04-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Looking real ugly.
starting to freefall in AUS down 15c on the overnight

King1212
04-10-2018, 01:28 PM

same...my boss also said that...so back to anchor blue!

whatsup
04-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Very hard to think of D Ting this atm.

see weed
04-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Hasn't hit the 6 months low yet. $10.12c on 2/8/18. Only scored 1300 that day. The next day had to pay 10.46, then 11.22 on 15/8/18, then 12.68 on 29/8/18:eek2:. All good fun rides in the looney park.

Ggcc
04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
My plan is to keep holding while these ups and downs happen..... for now. Unless the company announces something to the detriment of shareholders. It is still below my purchase price average. Still gut wrenching to see the sp fluctuate so much on no news other than the CEO selling out her company........ I mean shares sorry for that ahem.

Beagle
04-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Is it just the cows being milked or are shareholders being milked by management too and is there any sign that this will change in the future ?

thestg
04-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Hasn't hit the 6 months low yet. $10.12c on 2/8/18. Only scored 1300 that day. The next day had to pay 10.46, then 11.22 on 15/8/18, then 12.68 on 29/8/18:eek2:. All good fun rides in the looney park.

If it gets that low then no way can I resist getting more @ below $10.50. I don't believe it will get that low tho.

couta1
04-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Only those holding with a low average buy in can feel really comfortable holding this stock through the extreme volatility eg under say $7. You have two different animals commenting on this thread and that creates a men are from Mars and woman from Venus type reality. PS-More like Pluto right now though.

Leftfield
04-10-2018, 02:26 PM
I have noticed the Fresha Valley milk sells out everyday, hence why hard to get

Thanks Scooter.

Scooter
04-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Thanks Scooter.
No worries. I find in Napier Fresher Valley is all sold out by 5pm, usually @16 bottles on shelf if full, so have to go earlier in day to secure my supply. In there yesterday and noted Fresher Valley all gone, and one Fonterra A2 bottle sold (right next to Fresher). So will be interested to see what sales numbers on Fonterra A2 are like since a big difference in price.

see weed
04-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Is it just the cows being milked or are shareholders being milked by management too and is there any sign that this will change in the future ?
Most of the milking has been done by the shareholders themselves. The management is only a small percentage. The shareholder shorters are probably helping bring it down too. We been through this all before. Pretty soon the tide will turn and everybody will be tripping over each other to get back in. Only a few weeks now before next update on how well they are doing. So start accum. some now. Get in before the rush;).

steveb
04-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Most of the milking has been done by the shareholders themselves. The management is only a small percentage. The shareholder shorters are probably helping bring it down too. We been through this all before. Pretty soon the tide will turn and everybody will be tripping over each other to get back in. Only a few weeks now before next update on how well they are doing. So start accum. some now. Get in before the rush;).
agree we have seen it before,but a correction was due,and I don't see it getting back up to your last buy @$12.68 for a good while,mid to late $11 would be my pick,unlesssss the next update is superb but that's now where the doubt is with directors selling!
HoHum

bull....
04-10-2018, 02:53 PM
looks the bubble has burst, dont know of many if any milk companies that trade on such high pe and esp sml a manufacture on such a high pe unheard off.

Ggcc
04-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Anyone tried ringing the A2 number on anz Securities under their contact number in the detailed section. They have nothing to do with A2. Just ring ANZ Securities to rectify this

Beagle
04-10-2018, 02:59 PM

Hi mate...its good to see you back on the forum commenting on a more regular basis. I am a firm believer that the CEO sets the tone and is a big player in setting the culture of the company. I liked Geoff Babbage. He worked hard and created a huge amount of value for shareholders.
Hrdlicka comes with the "mighty" JetStar as her pedigree and has immediately set out to set a tone of milking shareholders for everything she can get out of the company as soon as she can get it. She has set a tone of management greed by her salary and incentive package and by immediately selling all her vested shares. A change of CEO is as good a time as any (any probably vastly better than most) to reconsider one's strategy don't you think ?
The shares have had a MASSIVE run in recent years...maybe an awful lot of future growth is already priced in, what do you think ?
Forward PE is about 30 which suggests its priced for ongoing strong growth. What if the new ecommerce rules impinge upon the daigou trade and ATM's IF sales decline ?

couta1
04-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Well said Beagle, I wouldn't trust her anymore than a bull in a China shop.

nzsharetrade
04-10-2018, 03:07 PM
i dont think AGM will change anything. the new CEO will keep doing what she likes because she believes it is her right. we see what happens when she needs help from shareholders. does anyone know the total % of shares held by management? Do they have enough power/shares to reject a take-over offer without a vote? I guess big boys are watching.

steveb
04-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Yes but look what a dog of an airline JetStar is only flew them once across the Tasman delayed both ways 4 hours on the way back to Auckland,with no explanations.So if she brings with her the JetStar attitude of they are only customers who gives a s**t, then we are in trouble.Why the board would offer her a job in the first place is beyond comprehension.

bull....
04-10-2018, 03:15 PM
shorts hitting a new recent record , massive short sales last week was a good clue for this week

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

couta1
04-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Yes but look what a dog of an airline JetStar is only flew them once across the Tasman delayed both ways 4 hours on the way back to Auckland,with no explanations.So if she brings with her the JetStar attitude of they are only customers who gives a s**t, then we are in trouble.Why the board would offer her a job in the first place is beyond comprehension. Also well said, especially your last sentence.

Beagle
04-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes but look what a dog of an airline JetStar is only flew them once across the Tasman delayed both ways 4 hours on the way back to Auckland,with no explanations.So if she brings with her the JetStar attitude of they are only customers who gives a s**t, then we are in trouble.Why the board would offer her a job in the first place is beyond comprehension.

I have no respect whatsoever for Jetheap or their business model. In my experience their staff simply couldn't care less and the planes themselves are very old, very dirty and very cramped. I won't fly them at any price as a matter of principle. Hrdlicker coming from leading a company with that culture is deeply concerning.

minimoke
04-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Hrdlicker coming from leading a company with that culture is deeply concerning.
I know we are hurting - but look back a bit at the time of her appointment through to the time just before she knocked off her shares. Lots and lots of positive bullish comments at the appointment then.

We now have the benefit of hindsight - which is why I am looking for some statement from ATM to reverse this negative movement which is now solidifying into a trend. Sadly not much seems to be coming.My patience is beginning to wear thin. May not be long before my holding goes on the block.

Foolishly I have let sentiment override my objective stoploss. So only decision now is how much more am I prepared to give away. Not much more!

couta1
04-10-2018, 04:12 PM
I know we are hurting - but look back a bit at the time of her appointment through to the time just before she knocked off her shares. Lots and lots of positive bullish comments at the appointment then.

We now have the benefit of hindsight - which is why I am looking for some statement from ATM to reverse this negative movement which is now solidifying into a trend. Sadly not much seems to be coming.My patience is beginning to wear thin. May not be long before my holding goes on the block.

Foolishly I have let sentiment override my objective stoploss. So only decision now is how much more am I prepared to give away. Not much more! Personally I never was bullish or in favour of her appointment, it just seemed so out of place like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Probably near the bottom mm but the question is how much upside is there over the next while and where will it go on any further negative news?

flyer
04-10-2018, 04:28 PM
exactly - a couple of positive updates / progress statements from management will turn this around tomorrow (hopefully).

couta1
04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
exactly - a couple of positive updates / progress statements from management will turn this around tomorrow (hopefully). HaHa you mean like another 5pm executive share sales notice.Lol.

minimoke
04-10-2018, 04:45 PM
HaHa you mean like another 5pm executive share sales notice.Lol.They still have 24 hours for that one.

RupertBear
04-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Profit is profit young bear, could be more or could be less, it don't matter in the big scheme of things.PS-You did a lot better at $11.40 than I did.

Fear got the better of me Mr Couta and I sold a few more at $10.80 this afternoon. I really dont know what I am doing :( Probably should be buying more at these levels not selling but too much uncertainty for me with Herdlicker and the Directors selling

couta1
04-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Fear got the better of me Mr Couta and I sold a few more at $10.80 this afternoon. I really dont know what I am doing :( Probably should be buying more at these levels not selling but too much uncertainty for me with Herdlicker and the Directors selling When you don't know what your doing yet your still making money then what you are doing is right.

bull....
04-10-2018, 05:51 PM
down to 10.50 in nz for tomorrow at the moment the broker downgrade in aus is killing it

couta1
04-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Sold half my holding at VWAP today, thought it might bounce so held the rest, looks like an ugly Aussie close, reckon I'll just bale out completely tomorrow, it appears this stock is being rerated due to the action of the CEO and uncertainty.

Baa_Baa
04-10-2018, 06:00 PM
down to 10.50 in nz for tomorrow at the moment the broker downgrade in aus is killing it

And the 200EMA breakdown isn't helping :O

bull....
04-10-2018, 06:02 PM
And the 200EMA breakdown isn't helping :O

exactly could fuel further selling by long termers and short termers who were looking for a bounce of it

RupertBear
04-10-2018, 06:58 PM
So now I have more SML than ATM....is that a bad idea...:confused:

couta1
04-10-2018, 07:07 PM
So now I have more SML than ATM....is that a bad idea...:confused: Not at all RB, after tomorrow I'll be in the same position.

Beagle
04-10-2018, 07:15 PM
So now I have more SML than ATM....is that a bad idea...:confused:

Hi mate, not at all, I'm already in that space too.

Raz
04-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Hi mate, not at all, I'm already in that space too.

It paided off to be decisive on this one..what a mess.

Baa_Baa
04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Sellers tomorrow might get a shock if the open is around the ASX close. Got hammered well into the big Gap, double bottom support around A$9.20 (NZ$10) which is also 61.8% fib retrace. Bottom of the Gap is about $A8.75 (NZ$9.5)

bull....
04-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Sellers tomorrow might get a shock if the open is around the ASX close. Got hammered well into the big Gap, double bottom support around A$9.20 (NZ$10) which is also 61.8% fib retrace. Bottom of the Gap is about $A8.75 (NZ$9.5)

asx close = around 10.50 - 55 nzx price

Baa_Baa
04-10-2018, 07:41 PM
asx close = around 10.50 - 55 nzx price

More like NZ$10.36 at 0.92

bull....
04-10-2018, 07:53 PM
More like NZ$10.36 at 0.92

yes nasty isnt it. test those previous bounce zones shortly .... see what happens agm looks likely to be a defining moment

couta1
04-10-2018, 08:12 PM
If it gets that low then no way can I resist getting more @ below $10.50. I don't believe it will get that low tho. Start believing.

Beagle
04-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Close $A9.54 - according to ANZ the interbank exchange rate at time of writing this is 0.9175 = $10.40 Kiwi rounded to the nearest cent.

Remind me again someone please, when's the annual meeting ?

Muppett
04-10-2018, 10:33 PM
AGM is on the 20 November.

M M
05-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Sold half my holding at 11.50, luckily just as it started to decline. Now have a stop loss in place so if this drops any further I am out.

bull....
05-10-2018, 08:35 AM
UBS renowed for shorting just hit the register

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/324887

Sideshow Bob
05-10-2018, 09:02 AM
I just fired off a letter to the company as a pi$$ed off shareholder. Won't do any good, but made me feel better...... ;)

05-10-2018, 09:08 AM
I just fired off a letter to the company as a pi$$ed off shareholder. Won't do any good, but made me feel better...... ;)

Should have included link to this thread.

longy
05-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Is there anyway the general public would able to tell if they are going short or long?

nzsharetrade
05-10-2018, 09:33 AM

how do you read this as a shorting? is this not buying notice? sorry newbie here.

longy
05-10-2018, 09:44 AM
how do you read this as a shorting? is this not buying notice? sorry newbie here.

Probably won't able to tell till they ceased to be as a substantial holder later. :(

Leftfield
05-10-2018, 09:45 AM

Just Bull's usual negative spin.......?? Some would see this news as a positive. Maybe they even purchased Couta's parcel! ;)

bull....
05-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Short sellers borrow shares from the prime brokerage arms of investment banks like UBS to sell on market

minimoke
05-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Anyone going to the AGM can use my proxy to ask the following:

Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by all his Boards recruitment considerations and actions in selecting Jayne Hrdliker as Chief Executive Officer?

Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by his Chief Executive Officers decision to sell 100% of her shareholding in ATM on 28 August and 3 September for an average price of $12.20.

Question to David Hearn. Does he and the Board consider the judgment shown by the Chief Executive Officer in the sale of 100% of her shareholding to be the type of judgement expected for the CEO of the company.

Question to David Hearn. Does he see the CEO’s 100% sell off as contributor to the subsequent free fall of the share price to a low of $10.40

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she stand by her decision to sell 100% of her shares on 28 August and 3 September?

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she consider that her decision to sell 100% of her shares contributed to a drop on company value from $8,964,527,023 to $7,641,891,888. A loss of $1.3b

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she have any plans to recover $1.3b loss in shareholder since she sold her share and if so what are those plans.

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. How is your new deck looking?

bull....
05-10-2018, 09:51 AM
nz has recently held up only in the afternoon to be taken down , the nz instos must be getting a pounding i reckon from the aus and asians on this

nzsharetrade
05-10-2018, 09:56 AM

"New Zealand shares fell for a fourth day as A2 Milk Co remains out of favour after recent selling by its chief executive and a director.". she will NOT stop with 1B CEO and this will drag entre NZX down. she offloaded all risks to others/market/shareholders - a typical US management style.

someone needs to take the blame either the BOD or CEO. it would not help anyone either way. it is too late to say, it would be a totally different result if she can prove her value first before thinking about the money. if a2 BOD needs to hire an airline CEO, they should consider AIR New Zealand first who is looking after the family. - this is NZ lifestyle. Ask yourself, what can you do without a stable family? more importantly what for?

nzsharetrade
05-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Short sellers borrow shares from the prime brokerage arms of investment banks like UBS to sell on market

You mean UBS increased the holding to be able to lend them to shorters? if that is the case, any buying notice can be understood in that way?

bull....
05-10-2018, 10:02 AM
You mean UBS increased the holding to be able to lend them to shorters? if that is the case, any buying notice can be understood in that way?

no because not every fund can lend there stock , need to learn which ones do this

steveb
05-10-2018, 10:03 AM
now below aussie close ouch!

Beagle
05-10-2018, 10:05 AM
I think we need to start looking beyond the licker incident and ask will the change in Chinese ecommerce regulations significantly impact or possibly even shut off the daigou trade ?

nzsharetrade
05-10-2018, 10:06 AM
no because not every fund can lend there stock , need to learn which ones do this

OK, I see you knew from experience UBS is playing this game. well, they will have huge support from shorter and retailers this time. good for them.

nzsharetrade
05-10-2018, 10:12 AM
I think we need to start looking beyond the licker incident and ask will the change in Chinese ecommerce regulations significantly impact or possibly even shut off the daigou trade ?

Daigou is grey area business, they have their way to overcome this kind of problems for sure as long as there is a demand.

Sideshow Bob
05-10-2018, 10:14 AM

The deck better be pretty ******* swish!

Incidentally, spent last night staining my deck, with more over the weekend. If I'd sold my free A2 shares for a couple of mil, I might have even got someone to stain it for me!

couta1
05-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Just Bull's usual negative spin.......?? Some would see this news as a positive. Maybe they even purchased Couta's parcel! ;) Perhaps they did, I've cooled off a bit so are holding my remaining shares for now(Makes up about 10% of my portfolio now) It's quite sad that such a fantastic company like this has been undermined by its own CEO.PS-I must be progressing through the grief cycle moving from anger to sadness.

percy
05-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Sense at last.!

allfromacell
05-10-2018, 10:33 AM

I think this has a lot to do with it. The announcement released earlier was in support of the change though and 'welcomed it'. If this is going to have a material affect on sales then the CEO is very brave (or stupid) to make an announcement welcoming the regulatory changes and then sell of every single share under her name. I'm sure a lawsuit will follow if this is how things play out.

whatsup
05-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Small rise ATM on an over sold situation , shorts could be scampering for cover once Aussie opens , hmmmmm !

Beagle
05-10-2018, 10:47 AM
I think this has a lot to do with it. The announcement released earlier was in support of the change though and 'welcomed it'. If this is going to have a material affect on sales then the CEO is very brave (or stupid) to make an announcement welcoming the regulatory changes and then sell of every single share under her name. I'm sure a lawsuit will follow if this is how things play out.

She certainly hasn't walked the talk. Welcomed these new regulations with open arms (without even knowing the specific details and / or getting an English translation of same) so the talk looked like "contrived bravado" at the time. We all know that actions speak louder than words !

hogie
05-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Great buying currently :) I'm still a happy holder ... happy to join the lynch mob to get a decent CEO though :D

Dorkus
05-10-2018, 11:16 AM
I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

Still holding my entire parcel (with an average buy price of $1.70) so not the end of the world. Going to continue to hold until I absolutely have to sell, or am happy with the price again. I do have a $100k invoice for building materials sitting in front of me but better to borrow money to pay it than realise a $25k hit to my paper profit and sell now.

Can't say I'm a happy holder, but a holder nonetheless.

Leftfield
05-10-2018, 12:34 PM
I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few of weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

Still holding my entire parcel (with an average buy price of $1.70) so not the end of the world. Going to continue to hold until I absolutely have to sell, or am happy with the price again. I do have a $100k invoice for building materials sitting in front of me but better to borrow money to pay it than realise a $25k hit to my paper profit and sell now.

Always a bit more stressful if you are 'leveraged'. But at least you have made some good 'unrealised' gains.

In the meantime, the lower NZ dollar works in ATM's favour. Interesting times, but more stressful for some.

moka
05-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Great buying currently :) I'm still a happy holder ... happy to join the lynch mob to get a decent CEO though :D

This is not okay. You may be angry but that does not mean it is okay to talk about a lynch mob. Words do matter. For me it crosses the line into hate speech and inciting violence. As I have said previously I believe that part of the reason for the outrage expressed on this thread is because she is a woman. There would be more tolerance and acceptance if a man had done the same thing. We have the right to free speech but with that right comes responsibility. You can disagree but not intentionally insult. Would you say that to her face?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11838436
Political Roundup: Freedom of speech vs PC culture
Marvelly's general argument is: "words matter. Words can combine, twist, percolate, compound and eventually incite violence or discrimination", and she is critical of "persuasive and malignant actors who use ugly rhetoric to whip fearful people into a frenzy for their own means."

Bobdn
05-10-2018, 12:39 PM
I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few of weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

LOL, I think your post (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) maybe a nice example of a humblebrag :)

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Dictionary#dobs=humblebrag

"an ostensibly modest or self-deprecating statement whose actual purpose is to draw attention to something of which one is proud."

um, a $1.70 buy in price? Yeah, "not the end of the world" indeed.

PS although in fairness, it always seems more painful when a stock price falls. We get used to stocks going up and think "meh" but when they drop just a little bit, it feels very raw. I've felt this many times. Nonetheless well done to you.

couta1
05-10-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure how anyone could even consider an average buy price of $1.70 as anything other than pure joy,at that price I wouldn't give a toss if the SP dropped another few dollars yet.

minimoke
05-10-2018, 12:48 PM
As I have said previously I believe that part of the reason for the outrage expressed on this thread is because she is a woman. A well constructed sentence. You are quite entitled to your (misplaced) beliefs but to add some validity you really ought to present some evidence - of which there is none.

People are brassed off because a newly appointed CEO ditched 100% of shares. End of story.

That you want to weave it into the "diversity" mobs group think is a shame. This is obviously not a gender issue - some of us think any CEO is entitled to build a new deck.

couta1
05-10-2018, 12:50 PM
A well constructed sentence. You are quite entitled to your (misplaced) beliefs but to add some validity you really ought to present some evidence - of which there is none.

People are brassed off because a newly appointed CEO ditched 100% of shares. End of story.

That you want to weave it into the "diversity" mobs group think is a shame. This is obviously not a gender issue - some of us think any CEO is entitled to build a new deck. Yep it's all about her actions not her gender.

Dorkus
05-10-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure how anyone could even consider an average buy price of $1.70 as anything other than pure joy,at that price I wouldn't give a toss if the SP dropped another few dollars yet.

I am over the moon at the recent success, it is just made less sweet by the recent dip wiping out a big chunk of profit right at the time I am looking to cash up.

couta1
05-10-2018, 01:06 PM
I am over the moon at the recent success, it is just made less sweet by the recent dip wiping out a big chunk of profit right at the time I am looking to cash up. View the extra as money that wasn't yours, I have had a Very large chunk wiped off mine since it hit $14.60.

minimoke
05-10-2018, 01:13 PM
View the extra as money that wasn't yours, I have had a Very large chunk wiped off mine since it hit $14.60.
I wonder if we will ever see those frothy heights ever again?

whatsup
05-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Racing to the bottom again today, B!oody management ! muppets !

winner69
05-10-2018, 01:24 PM
What’s the next Fibonacci support level?

Baa_Baa
05-10-2018, 01:30 PM
What’s the next Fibonacci support level? Depends on where it starts, but I have A2M 8-Nov to the spike high = 61.8% @ A$9.18 (also the double bottom, so should be solid support ya reckon?)

sb9
05-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Approaching my tp for a top up.

see weed
05-10-2018, 01:46 PM
What’s the next Fibonacci support level?
Last time it was down here was on 2/8/18. Scored some at 10.12, but only half order went through. The high for that day was 10.47 and the close was10.44. But hope for all of us it will not go there again.

bull....
05-10-2018, 01:47 PM
i might decide at the gap what im doing

minimoke
05-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Anyone going to the AGM can use my proxy to ask the following:

Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by all his Boards recruitment considerations and actions in selecting Jayne Hrdliker as Chief Executive Officer?

Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by his Chief Executive Officers decision to sell 100% of her shareholding in ATM on 28 August and 3 September for an average price of $12.20.

Question to David Hearn. Does he and the Board consider the judgment shown by the Chief Executive Officer in the sale of 100% of her shareholding to be the type of judgement expected for the CEO of the company.

Question to David Hearn. Does he see the CEO’s 100% sell off as contributor to the subsequent free fall of the share price to a low of $10.40

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she stand by her decision to sell 100% of her shares on 28 August and 3 September?

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she consider that her decision to sell 100% of her shares contributed to a drop on company value from $8,964,527,023 to $7,641,891,888. A loss of $1.3b

Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. Does she have any plans to recover $1.3b loss in shareholder since she sold her share and if so what are those plans.

Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by his Boards decision to purchase a further 8.2% Synlait Milk shares at $10.90 when ATM already was exposed to 9.1% ownership of Synlait

Ggcc
05-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Question to David Hearn. Does he stand by his Boards decision to purchase a further 8.2% Synlait Milk shares at $10.90 when ATM already was exposed to 9.1% ownership of Synlait
I feel that if A2 believe in the price of Synlait being fair at $10.90 why don’t they slowly buy more at these prices. They have the cash available

steveb
05-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Well I just posted this on the Synlait thread,but same applies here:-
It's all about timing ATM took the position about a month before Jayne sold ATM down the river,Had they known they were going to be stabbed in the back I don't think any shares would have been purchased full stop.

see weed
05-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Approaching my tp for a top up.
I topped up on 3/10/18 at $11.26 around about 1.30ish, hour later it had dropped 20c. Am finding it best to top up late afternoon before close. Then when you think you have the bottom a2 on ASX drops another 10 or 20c after our close:). So then you go through the process again the next day.

Sideshow Bob
05-10-2018, 02:06 PM
I feel that if A2 believe in the price of Synlait being fair at $10.90 why don’t they slowly buy more at these prices. They have the cash available

There is likely limitations in the size of stake that they can take......I think once they get to 20% then it may trigger an offer for the whole company.

see weed
05-10-2018, 02:11 PM
i might decide at the gap what im doing
It's a nice place at the gap (Piha), Watching the waves crash into the rocks. Have spent many a relaxing hour at the gap. Very peaceful in a rough sort of way.

Snoopy
05-10-2018, 02:58 PM

I think you guys are missing the signals. In a year's time Jayne will be lauded as a hero. She sold her shares near the top knowing the company was ridiculously overpriced and that information was made available to all shareholders in a timely manner by the NZX press release outlining exactly what she did. A very timely warning for all who heeded it. Yet some coalminers don't believe in the canary theory, and ignored the silencing of Jayne's sweet song.

Joining ATM and moving to the helm of NZ's largest company by capitalisation will allow recognition of her great service to both company and country. And doesn't the moniker "Dame Jayne' have a lovely ring to it? Watch out for that in the New Years honours list!

SNOOPY

couta1
05-10-2018, 03:17 PM
I think you guys are missing the signals. In a year's time Jayne will be lauded as a hero. She sold her shares near the top knowing the company was ridiculously overpriced and that information was made available to all shareholders in a timely manner by the NZX press release outlining exactly what she did. A very timely warning for all who heeded it. Yet some coalminers don't believe in the canary theory, and ignored the silencing of Jayne's sweet song.

Joining ATM and moving to the helm of NZ's largest company by capitalisation will allow recognition of her great service to both company and country. And doesn't the moniker "Dame Jayne' have a lovely ring to it? Watch out for that in the New Years honours list!

SNOOPY Or perhaps she wanted to keep living in her accustomed 8 milion a year lifestyle as long as possible, after all the poor dear has taken a pay cut.PS-She's more likely to make the New Year's wooden spoon list and get it right, it's G.I Jayne.

whatsup
05-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Or perhaps she wanted to keep living in her accustomed 8 milion a year lifesyle as long as possible, after all the poor dear has taken a pay cut.PS-She's more likely to make the New Year's wooden spoon list and get it right, it's G.I Jayne.

How about Pain Jayne

whatsup
05-10-2018, 03:24 PM
How about Pain Jayne

Then again Plain pain Jayne !

Timesurfer
05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
The tide might have turned .. was looking pretty tempting down around $10.30

sb9
05-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Don't count it out yet, Aussies tend to push the price lower after we close....let's see.

couta1
05-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Don't count it out yet, Aussies tend to push the price lower after we close....let's see. With UBS back in the mix, expect Carnage at any time, they are normally in for a good time but not a long time.

Leftfield
05-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Maybe there is a correlation to Couta's selling!! :eek2:

steveb
05-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Nice to see a bit of support for Jayne from snoopy,however she has still come from a dog of a company,where it seems that the bottom line is the only thing that matters,this might work short term for ATM,but a young growing company it needs to forge relationships and partnerships.
It comes down to trust,if I was a CEO of a company looking to trade with ATM I would have certain misgivings with having to deal with such a CEO.

Having said that I have just bought back in!

couta1
05-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Maybe there is a correlation to Couta's selling!! :eek2: Whoops did I forget to mention that I bought quite a few back at a $10.36 average, I was spray painting a large filing cabinet in between so must be the fumes causing me to forget things.

mondograss
05-10-2018, 04:35 PM
From Milfords monthly update for their Active Growth fund:
During the month, we reduced our holding in a2 Milk following increased regulatory uncertainty and the sale of shares by the company’s new CEO.

Muppett
05-10-2018, 04:35 PM

SNOOPY

Which country?
She is American in up bringing and American and Australian in experience.
The English don't want her. Even she has said the UK operations are a mess.
Will the Queen make her a Damsel-in-Distress?
Do we want her?

She will move HQ to Aus (like KTD did this week) and its just a question of time before she de-lists ATM from the NZX onto the ASX as the only listing.

steveb
05-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Which country?
She is American in up bringing and American and Australian in experience.
The English don't want her. Even she has said the UK operations are a mess.
Will the Queen make her a Damsel-in-Distress?
Do we want her?

She will move HQ to Aus (like KTD did this week) and its just a question of time before she de-lists ATM from the NZX onto the ASX as the only listing.

Agree she will certainly de-list from the NZX if she reads this thread!

winner69
05-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Weekend viewing ....compulsory for minimoke

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwtjpsACvM0

Ggcc
05-10-2018, 05:01 PM
I sold a few at 10.40 it just kept going down and I felt a bad taste in my mouth. Just felt the time was right to rebalance. Then due to my powerful purchasing power the share I purchased went down and A2 went up........ go figure!

pg0220
05-10-2018, 05:05 PM
I sold a few at 10.40 it just kept going down and I felt a bad taste in my mouth. Just felt the time was right to rebalance. Then due to my powerful purchasing power the share I purchased went down and A2 went up........ go figure!

Not meant to insult you at all, but I wish remaining holders could gain at your magic!!

RTM
05-10-2018, 05:11 PM

Made it to 60 seconds.

see weed
05-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Made it to 60 seconds.

5 seconds over here.

minimoke
05-10-2018, 05:58 PM

Oh - videos of powerful women gets me all tingly. Sadly I have a race tonight so I'll have to wait till I get home. A video and full of endorphins sounds like a great way to end my week

ohpark0119
05-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Law of “what i buy goes down, what i sell goes up”

pg0220
05-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Law of “what i buy goes down, what i sell goes up”

Law that applies to me too...... did happen on THL!

Beagle
05-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Made it to 60 seconds.
Me too. Pretty clear she loves the whole diversity thing to the absolute nth degree. The rainbow community in attendance would lap that stuff up wouldn't they ! I am sure the board of Turners would "love" her to espouse her views in great detail to them lol.

moka
05-10-2018, 09:20 PM
A well constructed sentence. You are quite entitled to your (misplaced) beliefs but to add some validity you really ought to present some evidence - of which there is none.

That you want to weave it into the "diversity" mobs group think is a shame. This is obviously not a gender issue - some of us think any CEO is entitled to build a new deck.

I see evidence of sexism on the ATM thread when I read it. I just trawled through the CBL thread because it was a company where people lost money recently, and surprise generally the tone was respectful and restrained, unlike the ATM thread. No name-calling for the CEO, he was called Peter Harris or Mr Harris. No putdowns for him like G.I Jayne, Damsel-in-Distress, Plain pain Jayne. The only putdown I found was for Jacinda. There were even positive comments for Peter Harris.
The directors sold down shares too but the comments were very mild compared to ATM. There was also quite a bit of criticism of FMA and NZX. So the contrast was very interesting. I picked out some of the strongest comments.

BTW Mr Harris wasnt just Ernest and Young's Entreupreneur of the Year 2017, but he was also voted Young Entreprenuer of the Year back in 1989. Actually given this latest stuff one cant disagree with the accolades in a kind of warped sense.
Say what you will about Mr Harris, but he is a bright cookie ( despite the mess his group is stuck in ) and no one should expect him to sit back as his life's work dies.You can gather a lot about an executive with how they resolve situations just like this one... all eyes on Pete
Disappointed - I thought better of Peter Harris - the so called "entrepreneur of the year 2017"!
Good one, CBL directors & management - most honorable of them to meet their reinsurance obligations (in contravention of RBNZ directions) to ensure that Alpha's obligations can meet its obligations!
What a bunch of freaking turkeys.
What a total mess and I bet we haven't seen half of it yet !
Goodness me...what a freaking mess!! hope u all did not lose too much on this sinking ship!
He must have known at the time he accepted the award that his entrepreneurial work is already down the drain ... and he still smiled for the photographer, unless he is an incredible clueless legend ...
You have said it all Black Pete. I have no words to describe Harris’s behaviour.
Do these people have no shame.
I hope the Directors/MD are charged if there is evidence of gross negligence or fraud. The only words I can find in describing this behavior might be unsuitable for publication. Any ideas?
What an absolute disgrace and abdication of responsibility and accountability to insurance policy holders!

Directors sold down shares too
Just the one sell down, in april 2017 when MD and chairman sold a combined 10.4 mill shares , 4 % of the company to increase "liquidity" and repeating how healthy the company is. And FNZ increased holding from 5% to 6% plus in Jan 2018, they will be spewing along with the rest of us.
Directors and management selling shares to increase liquidity for the benefit of all shareholders is such a noble thing to do. Shareholders should be so grateful for such a generous gesture from the likes of Harris Hutchinson and all.
The sell down by Harris and Hutchinson (discharged bankrupt) in April 017 virtually moments after their shares came out of escrow. The lame reason given at the time viz : “ to increase liquidity “ was actually crap because the buyers were only a few.

NZX, FMA, RBNZ and of course, CBL directors & management - DO YOUR FREAKING JOB!
What a sick joke the NZX and FMA are at looking proactively after investors' interests.
What a shambles. This stuff rocks ones confidence in the NZX as a platform for transparent markets.
What exactly is the FMA obligated to do for the market in NZ?
For certain crimes against humanity or investors as in this case I think that a good Stoning would be in order. We should all send the FMA a bag of rocks. Trouble is the Pooftas wouldn't know how to throw them.
Schoolyard bullies - that's what the NZX and FMA are unfortunately so market better not expect any sort of regulatory comfort from them.
EDIT - just looking at this dudes dopey face makes me want to punch my screen in. (Bascand)
Beating up on the RBNZ and the FMA in this case is like blaming the cops for a murder

couta1
05-10-2018, 10:19 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwtjpsACvM0 Dang that was painful viewing.

RupertBear
05-10-2018, 10:31 PM
][/B]I see evidence of sexism on the ATM thread when I read it. I just trawled through the CBL thread because it was a company where people lost money recently, and surprise generally the tone was respectful and restrained, unlike the ATM thread. No name-calling for the CEO, he was called Peter Harris or Mr Harris. No putdowns for him like G.I Jayne, Damsel-in-Distress, Plain pain Jayne. The only putdown I found was for Jacinda. There were even positive comments for Peter Harris.
The directors sold down shares too but the comments were very mild compared to ATM. There was also quite a bit of criticism of FMA and NZX. So the contrast was very interesting. I picked out some of the strongest comments.

BTW Mr Harris wasnt just Ernest and Young's Entreupreneur of the Year 2017, but he was also voted Young Entreprenuer of the Year back in 1989. Actually given this latest stuff one cant disagree with the accolades in a kind of warped sense.
Say what you will about Mr Harris, but he is a bright cookie ( despite the mess his group is stuck in ) and no one should expect him to sit back as his life's work dies.You can gather a lot about an executive with how they resolve situations just like this one... all eyes on Pete
Disappointed - I thought better of Peter Harris - the so called "entrepreneur of the year 2017"!
Good one, CBL directors & management - most honorable of them to meet their reinsurance obligations (in contravention of RBNZ directions) to ensure that Alpha's obligations can meet its obligations!
What a bunch of freaking turkeys.
What a total mess and I bet we haven't seen half of it yet !
Goodness me...what a freaking mess!! hope u all did not lose too much on this sinking ship!
He must have known at the time he accepted the award that his entrepreneurial work is already down the drain ... and he still smiled for the photographer, unless he is an incredible clueless legend ...
You have said it all Black Pete. I have no words to describe Harris’s behaviour.
Do these people have no shame.
I hope the Directors/MD are charged if there is evidence of gross negligence or fraud. The only words I can find in describing this behavior might be unsuitable for publication. Any ideas?
What an absolute disgrace and abdication of responsibility and accountability to insurance policy holders!

Directors sold down shares too
Just the one sell down, in april 2017 when MD and chairman sold a combined 10.4 mill shares , 4 % of the company to increase "liquidity" and repeating how healthy the company is. And FNZ increased holding from 5% to 6% plus in Jan 2018, they will be spewing along with the rest of us.
Directors and management selling shares to increase liquidity for the benefit of all shareholders is such a noble thing to do. Shareholders should be so grateful for such a generous gesture from the likes of Harris Hutchinson and all.
The sell down by Harris and Hutchinson (discharged bankrupt) in April 017 virtually moments after their shares came out of escrow. The lame reason given at the time viz : “ to increase liquidity “ was actually crap because the buyers were only a few.

NZX, FMA, RBNZ and of course, CBL directors & management - DO YOUR FREAKING JOB!
What a sick joke the NZX and FMA are at looking proactively after investors' interests.
What a shambles. This stuff rocks ones confidence in the NZX as a platform for transparent markets.
What exactly is the FMA obligated to do for the market in NZ?
For certain crimes against humanity or investors as in this case I think that a good Stoning would be in order. We should all send the FMA a bag of rocks. Trouble is the Pooftas wouldn't know how to throw them.
Schoolyard bullies - that's what the NZX and FMA are unfortunately so market better not expect any sort of regulatory comfort from them.
EDIT - just looking at this dudes dopey face makes me want to punch my screen in. (Bascand)
Beating up on the RBNZ and the FMA in this case is like blaming the cops for a murder

Well I see evidence on the ATM thread when I read it of a lot of very unhappy people who are rightly upset because the NEW CEO ditched ALL her shares and the share price has tanked. Some people will have lost a lot of money as a result of this. Spare a thought for them. If the tone of this thread upsets you maybe you should stop reading it. Just my thoughts on the matter.

couta1
05-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Well I see evidence on the ATM thread when I read it of a lot of very unhappy people who are rightly upset because the NEW CEO ditched ALL her shares and the share price has tanked. Some people will have lost a lot of money as a result of this. Spare a thought for them. If the tone of this thread upsets you maybe you should stop reading it. Just my thoughts on the matter. Well said Rupert, as the saying goes if you want to feel someone's pain then walk a mile in their shoes.

moka
05-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Well I see evidence on the ATM thread when I read it of a lot of very unhappy people who are rightly upset because the NEW CEO ditched ALL her shares and the share price has tanked. Some people will have lost a lot of money as a result of this. Spare a thought for them. If the tone of this thread upsets you maybe you should stop reading it. Just my thoughts on the matter.
People lost a lot of money with CBL too but I didn’t see the same hostility or name-calling towards the CEO on that thread. CBL losses are permanent whereas ATM losses are not. ATM has always been volatile and it will bounce back. I previously said that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world and that is what I see on the ATM thread. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored. Double standards = sexism.

longy
05-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Well said Rupert, as the saying goes if you want to feel someone's pain then walk a mile in their shoes.

With gravel in the shoes too perhaps.

couta1
05-10-2018, 11:25 PM
People lost a lot of money with CBL too but I didn’t see the same hostility or name-calling towards the CEO on that thread. CBL losses are permanent whereas ATM losses are not. ATM has always been volatile and it will bounce back. I previously said that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world and that is what I see on the ATM thread. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored. Double standards = sexism. Right so all holders who have sold for a loss since the CEO sold her shares haven't made a permanent loss, yeah right.

minimoke
06-10-2018, 12:14 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwtjpsACvM0Loved it. Just simply excellent. particularly at 19:15 where she talks about her pulling her running shoes on.

I strongly recommend this be played as an intro to the AGM. It will help focus the questions.

Snow Leopard
06-10-2018, 12:21 AM

We all lose money in individual stocks at least occasionally in the share market. It is how it works.

I, you and them have no more right to be upset this time then any other time and if we need to put so much emotion into vilifying someone else then we should get out of the game.

longy
06-10-2018, 12:43 AM
It is interesting on NZX we are down by 1% and Oz gained by 1%. Hopefully the SP shall bounce from here??? BTW don't know if it is a good thing or not UBS has reducing their holding a little. May be it is if they are shorting...

tuaman
06-10-2018, 07:44 AM
Found this article. Not a good news for atm I guess. DSC: used to hold some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/japan-retailers-take-hit-after-china-report-on-customs-checks

couta1
06-10-2018, 07:55 AM
We all lose money in individual stocks at least occasionally in the share market. It is how it works.

I, you and them have no more right to be upset this time then any other time and if we need to put so much emotion into vilifying someone else then we should get out of the game. I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.

Beagle
06-10-2018, 09:19 AM
I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.

Well said mate. Perhaps if the someone got down off their moral high horse and walked a few miles with gravel in his shoes and felt some of the shareholders pain he'd understand their perspective.

minimoke
06-10-2018, 10:58 AM
People lost a lot of money with CBL too but I didn’t see the same hostility or name-calling towards the CEO on that thread. CBL losses are permanent whereas ATM losses are not. ATM has always been volatile and it will bounce back. I previously said that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world and that is what I see on the ATM thread. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored. Double standards = sexism.You either haven't been here very long or you arent widely read. I shant go through them all but the following come to mind
Derek Handley Snakk
David Darling PEB
The old fullah who's chair of Sky
Alan Hubbard Canterbury Finance
Glen Martin, Martin Aircraft
Baker, the absent chair of Turners
The engagement (?) ring guy at ALF

Search for the Dumb Directors thread or whatever its called.

All (or at lest most men) have been right royally roasted for their very poor performance.

So enough of this "sexism" gender diversity bull****. If the chicks want equal seats they got to be prepared for equal flack - as do their brain numbed flakey followers

Ggcc
06-10-2018, 11:35 AM
You either haven't been here very long or you arent widely read. I shant go through them all but the following come to mind
Derek Handley Snakk
David Darling PEB

All (or at lest most men) have been right royally roasted for their very poor performance.

So enough of this "sexism" gender diversity bull****. If the chicks want equal seats they got to be prepared for equal flack - as do their brain numbed flakey followers
I agree with this statement I was about to post something similar and I know Derek Handley has been the butt of many jokes, as well as a David Darling. I am tired of whenever we take a dig at someone for their ethics, gender is brought into the discussion. I love women and am a feminist of the old not new order believing in equal rights equal pay. I want to see more women at the top. I was always told the tallest trees in an organisation should also expect the most wind about their decision making. Man or woman period.
The one thing is that people who generally take strong positions concerning sexism don't normally change their thought patterns over time. He/She has a right to an opinion and sometimes will be correct on their view of things, but to when they are not correct, usually they still seem to see things from their point of view and cry foul.

see weed
06-10-2018, 11:57 AM
You either haven't been here very long or you arent widely read. I shant go through them all but the following come to mind
Derek Handley Snakk
David Darling PEB

Good reply. I have an old news paper article pinned to my office wall with a photo of Derek handley. Have drawn a cross over his head to remind me never to invest in any of his scams again.

James108
06-10-2018, 12:30 PM
The ceo was entitled to sell, she probably flagged she would need to before she took the job. Especially if she thought the share price was overcooked, which despite comments on here is a legitimate opinion for a ceo to have. No matter how optimistic she is about atm’s prospects at some price it is overvalued.

In my view, Unless they are planning to raise equity, the ceo should not concern herself with the share price in the short term (despite how they are commonly incentivised). Instead she should focus on creating long term value. Ideally the opinions of traders should be completely ignored. The board needs to ensure her remuneration package is aligned with creating long term value.

I hold a small parcel and don’t concern myself with the SP day to do or month to month. So far the share price has fallen a lot on no actual bad news, I find that interesting.

winner69
06-10-2018, 12:40 PM
James posted - share price has fallen a lot on no actual bad news, I find that interesting.

He hinted earlier in the post why — the share price is over cooked (Jayne might or might not think that but many do)

minimoke
06-10-2018, 01:10 PM
The ceo was entitled to sell, Absolutely I accept that. But in her video she bangs on about diversity in thinking. As CEO it also incumbent on her to think about what actions she takes which might bring the company share price down or conversely up.

I'm not aware that she flagged to the market the likelihood of her selling 100% of her stake within a few months of starting the job.

If she is in the job for a reasonable period of time then it is quite possible that while the SP might be overcooked today it ought not be in 3 years time when she could have sold for a nice gain on leaving the company.

44wishlists
06-10-2018, 01:54 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/japan-retailers-take-hit-after-china-report-on-customs-checks

Chinese govt is targeting at luxury goods. You have to consider is IF milk a luxury, or necessatity to the country population

Muppett
06-10-2018, 02:12 PM
ATM is all about China and IF, but who on here is buying milk?
Don't you feel sorry for those poor people living in South and West Auckland.

longy
06-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Chinese govt is targeting at luxury goods. You have to consider is IF milk a luxury, or necessatity to the country population

Luxury goods in China are the high end stuff... some of the names or brands we don't even heard of in NZ. Don't think milk is considered as luxury goods.

minimoke
06-10-2018, 03:46 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/japan-retailers-take-hit-after-china-report-on-customs-checksFeeding baby in China isn't a luxury. Their is a strong reluctance to breast feed (myths, misinformation, lack of milk expressing facilities at work, need to get back to work, lack of breast feeing promoting and nurse specialists etc). So milk formula is pretty much a necessity.

Given its nearly a necessity, teh Chinese dont have a lot of confidence in the quality of their home produced product. They want what is best for baby for a safety perspective. So foreign milk formula is highly desirable.

Teh Chinese (Asians) have difficulty processing A1 milk protein, so arguably so does baby.

So what is a good mother with money to do. Buy foreign, A2 infant milk formula. It will be a strong government that tries to prevent this. And in whose interests are best served. A happy politician is one with a happy wife. And a happy wife is one with a foreign produced, non A1 infant milk formula supply

tuaman
06-10-2018, 07:35 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...customs-checks (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/japan-retailers-take-hit-after-china-report-on-customs-checks)

Please read the article through to the ends. Cosmetics are not luxury item but still chinese govt charge tax on them on entry.

"Chinese shoppers have taken to social media to decry the customs crackdown. One photo circulating on WeChat showed a tax receipt issued by customs at Shanghai Pudong Airport on Sept. 28 to a traveler surnamed Wang in which the shopper was slapped with 17,100 yuan in import taxes on Tom Ford lipsticks, SK-II skincare products and other goods from La Mer and Sulwhasoo."

They are short of money due to trade war and try to block outflow of money. One should understand that china is NOT free market system. Govt controls everthing and If the they decide to do something , then they just go for it regardless of anything.
Just saying that you can not understand china with western thoughts.

Ggcc
06-10-2018, 07:45 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...customs-checks (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/japan-retailers-take-hit-after-china-report-on-customs-checks)

Please read the article through to the ends. Cosmetics are not luxury item but still chinese govt charge tax on them on entry.

"Chinese shoppers have taken to social media to decry the customs crackdown. One photo circulating on WeChat showed a tax receipt issued by customs at Shanghai Pudong Airport on Sept. 28 to a traveler surnamed Wang in which the shopper was slapped with 17,100 yuan in import taxes on Tom Ford lipsticks, SK-II skincare products and other goods from La Mer and Sulwhasoo."

They are short of money due to trade war and try to block outflow of money. One should understand that china is NOT free market system. Govt controls everthing and If the they decide to do something , then they just go for it regardless of anything.
Just saying that you can not understand china with western thoughts.
One thing I am happy about is that A2 is supplied by Synlait for the Chinese market. One of the major shareholders of Synlait is Chinese and they will have some idea how to make it work to benefit everyone. I see longterm up trend, but short term fluctuations. As long as profits keep increasing I will keep holding, but the sale of all of Janes shares concerns me a little as it does when any CEO sells all their shares. I have balanced a little to make sure I am not too exposed to A2. One needs to think with their head and not with their heart.

moka
06-10-2018, 09:01 PM
I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.
So what I am hearing is that there is more pain than usual from these losses i.e. unprecedented, “walk a few miles with gravel in their shoes and feel some of the shareholder’s pain.” Why is it so painful? I think there is more to it than just the financial loss. I believe it is painful and hurtful because of unconscious biases regarding gender identity and gender roles. Unconscious biases are learned stereotypes that are automatic, unintentional, deeply engrained, universal, and able to influence behaviour. Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

Beliefs about strict gender roles can trigger a feeling of insecurity because things are out of control, things are not how they should be. Men should be in control. Men should be the boss. Men were born to rule. This is what it means to be a real man. Many men are uncomfortable with a woman being in control, being the boss. It threatens the whole idea of what it means to be a man. If a woman is strong it means they are weak, that they are victims. This happens when people have a win/lose mindset rather than a win/win equality mindset.

winner69
06-10-2018, 09:26 PM
So what I am hearing is that there is more pain than usual from these losses i.e. unprecedented, “walk a few miles with gravel in their shoes and feel some of the shareholder’s pain.” Why is it so painful? I think there is more to it than just the financial loss. I believe it is painful and hurtful because of unconscious biases regarding gender identity and gender roles. Unconscious biases are learned stereotypes that are automatic, unintentional, deeply engrained, universal, and able to influence behaviour. Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

Beliefs about strict gender roles can trigger a feeling of insecurity because things are out of control, things are not how they should be. Men should be in control. Men should be the boss. Men were born to rule. This is what it means to be a real man. Many men are uncomfortable with a woman being in control, being the boss. It threatens the whole idea of what it means to be a man. If a woman is strong it means they are weak, that they are victims. This happens when people have a win/lose mindset rather than a win/win equality mindset.

Good read .....

longy
06-10-2018, 10:06 PM

When I look at the charts all I seeing is human emotions. Those numbers represented sellers and buyers doing what they think is right for them. No one is comfortable loosing money either on paper or real loss. I don't believe this has got to do with the CEO is a woman or a man i.e would people be less angry if the CEO was a man and sold all of his shares after a couple of months and the SP went down ever since. I think the feed backs on here would be pretty much the same.

Sinvester
07-10-2018, 11:22 AM
content removed by STMOD.

couta1
07-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Will be interesting to watch the SP action this week, has the Trough effect started to wear off? or will other uncertainties keep the price bouncing around like a rubber ball? I've given my middle finger to the CEO and her actions but continue to hold some because I reckon the company is bigger than her at the end of the day.

Leftfield
07-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Content deleted by STMOD

Copy and paste of most of an article is breach of copyright

allfromacell
07-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Content deleted by STMOD

Copy and paste of an entire article is breach of copyright

Beagle
07-10-2018, 08:10 PM
The shares are "interestingly" poised very near the bottom of the recent trading range but a weak Wall St on Friday won't help. Worth Noting that the Bell Potter analyst went on to say that their preferred exposure was Synlait and their price target was $12.65.
I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words so would simply highlight this "In total, 16 directors and executives sold about 3 million shares" This isn't happening at Synlait is it. Disc: Sold all ATM, topped up Synlait on Firday.

Baa_Baa
07-10-2018, 08:22 PM
The shares are "interestingly" poised very near the bottom of the recent trading range but a weak Wall St on Friday won't help. Worth Noting that the Bell Potter analyst went on to say that their preferred exposure was Synlait and their price target was $12.65.
I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words so would simply highlight this "In total, 16 directors and executives sold about 3 million shares" This isn't happening at Synlait is it. Disc: Sold all ATM, topped up Synlait on Firday.

When the directors and senior management cash in roughly $30 million of their shares, you do have to wonder about the merit of holding your own shares.

Beagle
07-10-2018, 08:26 PM
When the directors and senior management cash in roughly $30 million of their shares, you do have to wonder about the merit of holding your own shares.

Closer to $35m I think and yes I couldn't agree more. Talk is cheap...follow the money...

bull....
07-10-2018, 08:41 PM

looks like you have cut and paste bits and bobs

may i remind you that your cut and paste is full of wish ful thinking and that this is the official line

New Zealand officials are largely in the dark as to any possible ramifications for New Zealand companies. "It is important to stress that the details of implementation and the ensuing full implications for New Zealand companies have not yet been released," a spokesman for New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) said.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12133682

attach a link to your story from afr

anyway friday action in aus was a bullish harami so the story is timely to match the chart pattern haha nice.

allfromacell
07-10-2018, 08:55 PM
My article was from the AFR... :D

https://www.afr.com/business/retail/fmcg/the-a2-milk-co-on-the-defence-over-share-sales-new-chinese-law-20181005-h169cs

Just thought I would share it here.

bull....
07-10-2018, 08:59 PM
My article is was from the AFR... :D

https://www.afr.com/business/retail/fmcg/the-a2-milk-co-on-the-defence-over-share-sales-new-chinese-law-20181005-h169cs

thx bro dont want you to run the risk of copyright lol

winner69
07-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Just "Believe in better" ...as the sign behind Jayne says

allfromacell
07-10-2018, 09:07 PM
I would imagine A2 would have had enough time to do their own investigation into the regulatory changes and they seem pretty confident, especially Peter Nathan. Dealing with China of course always comes with a certain level of risk.

longy
07-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Hi, just wanted to clarify this... Is it correct that it is ok to post a link to a website but not cut and paste of its materials?

allfromacell
07-10-2018, 10:43 PM
That's correct, my mistake.

08-10-2018, 07:35 AM
Can't see any problem with "Cut and Paste" provided the publication and writer is acknowledged.

It would have been better to be able to post this on STMOD announcement thread but that is not open to allow discussion.

Balance
08-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Hi, just wanted to clarify this... Is it correct that it is ok to post a link to a website but not cut and paste of its materials?

My understanding (from experience) is that it is definitely ok to post a link (something the linked publication would be most happy about as that's how they spread their publications and profiles).

A synopsis of the article as written by you is of course fine and a few selective 'cut and paste' to support your synopsis is also fine.

Wholesale cut/copy and paste is absolutely a no-no!

Leftfield
08-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Anyway..... as the articles were saying (and it is OK to paraphrase) ATM's sales of IF in China have now reached 5.4% of a $US20 billion market, and you can work out what that equals for ATM (and the market is growing at 20% pa.)

In addition, management of ATM were refuting claims that changes in Chinese regulations would damage A2's IF sales, saying the proposed new regulations were welcomed.

In summary... it's not all doom and gloom for ATM (according to the article and management)

bull....
08-10-2018, 08:17 AM

the afr article is one of the most poorly written article i have seen for a long time , it contains so much she will be right assumptions based on no facts its laughable. even the ceo and the other country manger suggest a she be right attitude but they are none the wiser about the new rules than you or me. clearly this article was written to benefit a bounce in the price from critical levels which if broke would have most probably led to sizable falls in price.

at the agm how can they forecast sales when they yet do not know the rules?

winner69
08-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Anyway..... as the articles were saying (and it is OK to paraphrase) ATM's sales of IF in China have now reached 5.4% of a $US20 billion market, and you can work out what that equals for ATM (and the market is growing at 20% pa.)

In addition, management of ATM were refuting claims that changes in Chinese regulations would damage A2's IF sales, saying the proposed new regulations were welcomed.

In summary... it's not all doom and gloom for ATM (according to the article and management)

So that’s IF sales of NZ$1.8 billion in China alone ...NOW .....how much of that does A2 get or do A2 get the lot

Could see A2 revenues over $2 billion ....and 100% plus growth year

Share price $20 here we come

whome
08-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Good on you Winner. Keep the focus on those incredible numbers. Folks, forget about Herdlicker for now. The real story is whether A2 is in or out with the change in the Chinese regulations, and it appears right now, nobody knows.

bull....
08-10-2018, 09:07 AM
UBS has reduced there holding already probably lent itr to short sellers?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/324952

Balance
08-10-2018, 09:12 AM
the afr article is one of the most poorly written article i have seen for a long time , it contains so much she will be right assumptions based on no facts its laughable. even the ceo and the other country manger suggest a she be right attitude but they are none the wiser about the new rules than you or me. clearly this article was written to benefit a bounce in the price from critical levels which if broke would have most probably led to sizable falls in price.

at the agm how can they forecast sales when they yet do not know the rules?

The rules are that ATM will continue to be able to sell its infant formula and milk via stores directly in China.

The daigou platform may or may not continue - doubt it will be catastrophe for ATM as it would be for those companies which rely exclusively on the daigou platform.

whome
08-10-2018, 09:13 AM
I forgot to give credit to Leftfield for the summary of the numbers. I read similar articles. As I understand it, the chinese reg changes were targeting the use of foreign exchange for the purchase of luxury goods like high end perfumes, Gucci bags and jewellery etc. - items bought for their elite status value that goes against chinese govt values. The question is whether IF is considered a luxury. In light of the melamine incident where the contaminated IF did kill babies, it is no wonder that chinese mothers will seek a safe source of IF like A2 and be prepared to pay the extra 6% duty that the reg change will impose.

Muppett
08-10-2018, 09:27 AM

UBS sold 5.9m shares in a couple of days (2-3 Oct)

Total NZX ATM volume traded between 1-5 Oct was 6.3m
Total NZX ATM Volume traded between 2-5 Oct was 5.4m

Beagle
08-10-2018, 09:47 AM
The rules are that ATM will continue to be able to sell its infant formula and milk via stores directly in China.

The daigou platform may or may not continue - doubt it will be catastrophe for ATM as it would be for those companies which rely exclusively on the daigou platform.

Doesn't need to be a catastrophe as its priced on a forward PE of 30. Any material effect will have a commensurate impact on the SP in my opinion. Doctrine of materiality in accounting terms is 5% impact on NPAT is considered to be material.

bull....
08-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Doesn't need to be a catastrophe as its priced on a forward PE of 30. Any material effect will have a commensurate impact on the SP in my opinion. Doctrine of materiality in accounting terms is 5% impact on NPAT is considered to be material.

totally its sales are priced for perfection any disruption to the daigou will be reflected in a lower share price. material uncertainty until these rules are known , hence my view they will be mad to issue guidance at the agm not knowing whats ahead.

see weed
08-10-2018, 10:08 AM
UBS sold 5.9m shares in a couple of days (2-3 Oct)

Total NZX ATM volume traded between 1-5 Oct was 6.3m
Total NZX ATM Volume traded between 2-5 Oct was 5.4m
Correct me if i'm wrong. UBS bought 37,086513 on 3/10/18 closing price that day was $11.08c. They sold 5,859,977 on 4/10/18 and closing price was $10.70c. The high was 10.97 and low of 10.65 for 4/10/18 lets say an average of about 10.81 for the day. So 11.08-10.81=.27c x 5,859,977= a loss of about $1,582,193 for the day.

Beagle
08-10-2018, 10:10 AM
totally its sales are priced for perfection any disruption to the daigou will be reflected in a lower share price. material uncertainty until these rules are known , hence my view they will be mad to issue guidance at the agm not knowing whats ahead.

Agreed that all they can really do at the annual meeting is update sales YTD. Fair bit of water to flow under the bridge between now and then.

Timesurfer
08-10-2018, 10:11 AM
It looks like those who bought back in low to mid $11 are on track to make an easy 10% return after the tantrum last week.

couta1
08-10-2018, 10:13 AM
It looks like those who bought back in low to mid $11 are on track to make an easy 10% return after the tantrum last week. You mean low to mid $10.

Leftfield
08-10-2018, 10:16 AM
So that’s IF sales of NZ$1.8 billion in China alone ...NOW .....how much of that does A2 get or do A2 get the lot
Could see A2 revenues over $2 billion ....and 100% plus growth year
Share price $20 here we come

IMHO the current sell-down has been overdone. I see fair value around $NZ 14 - 15 within 6 months. I don't see Winner's 100% growth pa, all I see is a company likely to continue to out-perform ( i.e. grow faster) than the NZX average performance for the foreseeable future. Roll on the next update.

winner69
08-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong. UBS bought 37,086513 on 3/10/18 closing price that day was $11.08c. They sold 5,859,977 on 4/10/18 and closing price was $10.70c. The high was 10.97 and low of 10.65 for 4/10/18 lets say an average of about 10.81 for the day. So 11.08-10.81=.27c x 5,859,977= a loss of about $1,582,193 for the day.

Seeweed

Look at the PDF documents

They started buying / accumulating last June

And a lot of the transactions on the 4th were returning stock.

couta1
08-10-2018, 10:20 AM
IMHO the current sell-down has been overdone. I see fair value around $NZ 14 - 15 within 6 months. I don't see Winner's 100% growth pa, all I see is a company likely to continue to out-perform ( i.e. grow faster) than the NZX average performance for the foreseeable future. Roll on the next update. I think they are about fairly priced currently and once all the uncertainty is removed I'd say 14-$15 a year from now.

Timesurfer
08-10-2018, 10:26 AM
You mean low to mid $10.

Oops .. I did.

Beagle
08-10-2018, 10:37 AM
I think they are about fairly priced currently and once all the uncertainty is removed I'd say 14-$15 a year from now.

Mate - Six months ago you and others thought $20 by Christmas :p Nobody really knows do they. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo

couta1
08-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Mate - Six months ago you and others thought $20 by Christmas :p Nobody really knows do they. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo Nothing wrong with a bit of dice rolling mate after all you do that every time you drive your car.

whatsup
08-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Same old same old !! waiting for Aussie to "open " before market decides which way to jump !!

minimoke
08-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Same old same old !! waiting for Aussie to "open " before market decides which way to jump !!You might be missing a bargain

couta1
08-10-2018, 11:13 AM
You might be missing a bargain Or not, think Shorters.Lol

whatsup
08-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Same old same old !! waiting for Aussie to "open " before market decides which way to jump !!

Lift down, doooooooh ! same old same old !!

minimoke
08-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Lift down, doooooooh ! same old same old !!AUD $9.66 - $9.80 in the first 10 minutes. Sometime you just have to decide and jump (or not) - its neigh on impossible to try and pick a price point with this stock

couta1
08-10-2018, 12:29 PM
AUD $9.66 - $9.80 in the first 10 minutes. Sometime you just have to decide and jump (or not) - its neigh on impossible to try and pick a price point with this stock I'm guessing that a good portion of holders are jumping in and out of this stock as quick as a flea can jump.

Ggcc
08-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Quite funny when I rebalance and sell some of my stock A2 stock flies up in value. You can only laugh as crying won’t help haha

minimoke
08-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Quite funny when I rebalance and sell some of my stock A2 stock flies up in value. We all knbwo that is what is going to happen. Thats what ATM does. Up and down up and down up and down. All for some unknown reason. (those as pointed out above I Suspect most people have collected their toys from outside the cot and happy to get back into playtime again. I'm a bit less grumpy now!)

Beagle
08-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Iceman kindly reckons we should lighten up this week and I reckon that's a good idea. Ready to buy something but it won't be ATM. Nobody knows for sure the implications of the new ecommerce rules into China, the proclamation probably hasn't even been translated into English yet lol

see weed
08-10-2018, 01:17 PM
I mentioned at the meeting on Sat. What com. do you think could go up by about a dollar in the next 4 weeks. Am wondering if a2 could?

minimoke
08-10-2018, 01:21 PM
I mentioned at the meeting on Sat. What com. do you think could go up by about a dollar in the next 4 weeks. Am wondering if a2 could?I think it will - theres an AGM coming up and much better to have happy campers than not. Also SML has had a bit of a beating so some recovery there could be expected

see weed
08-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Quite funny when I rebalance and sell some of my stock A2 stock flies up in value. You can only laugh as crying won’t help haha

Welcome to the funny farm. Was meant to be buying OCA today but put an order in to buy a small portion of ATM I sold last week at 10.70, and looks like sp coming down to meet that order. Just went through at 10.78. Things are starting to look up at the funny farm. Sorry OCA maybe at a later date......5pm Well that was a total waste of time, back to where it started:scared:. Somebody rattling the cage again trying to get us all peeved off so to make us sell everything. I suppose it is cheaper doing it that way than putting in a takeover offer.

Ggcc
08-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the funny farm. Was meant to be buying OCA today but put an order in to buy a small portion of ATM I sold last week at 10.70, and looks like sp coming down to meet that order. Just went through at 10.78. Things are starting to look up at the funny farm. Sorry OCA maybe at a later date.
If I was just starting share trading in this environment I would not want to hop onto this share prior to the meeting next month. It is just too volatile and people could lose a lot of money. I still believe in this company, but I did want to lose some of the stress and put it into safer shares like Infratil and Oceania to name a couple. I still own a few thousand of these shares, but am looking at trimming if things don't go as they plan.

bull....
08-10-2018, 03:34 PM
good trading today in aus up 30 down 30 probably go negative soon

fool saying take some milk off the table

https://www.fool.com.au/2018/10/08/should-you-sell-off-some-a2-milk-company-ltd-asxa2m-shares/

Baa_Baa
08-10-2018, 08:42 PM

https://www.fool.com.au/2018/10/08/should-you-sell-off-some-a2-milk-company-ltd-asxa2m-shares/

Well that was a bogey day, closing flat on the NZX and down 5 on the ASX. Interesting to see a weekend of progressive optimism creep into the discussion narrative, then for that to manifest itself in a rally in the morning, a bit of uncertainty to follow and then burn off in light of reality in the afternoon. I reckon there's a lot smarter money preying on the insecurities of the retail minnows, not to mention the automatons doing their unemotive thing preying on the defenceless punters.

Patience, wait and watch, act when your strategy is triggered. You do have a strategy eh?

Muppett
08-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Well that was a bogey day, closing flat on the NZX and down 5 on the ASX. Interesting to see a weekend of progressive optimism creep into the discussion narrative, then for that to manifest itself in a rally in the morning, a bit of uncertainty to follow and then burn off in light of reality in the afternoon. I reckon there's a lot smarter money preying on the insecurities of the retail minnows, not to mention the automatons doing their unemotive thing preying on the defenceless punters.

Patience, wait and watch, act when your strategy is triggered. You do have a strategy eh?

Any chance you can advise what your strategy is?

couta1
08-10-2018, 09:36 PM

https://www.fool.com.au/2018/10/08/should-you-sell-off-some-a2-milk-company-ltd-asxa2m-shares/ The fool does tend to talk a lot of nonsense at times and he is a few weeks late with his advice to take some milk off the table for the many holders that bought over $10NZ.

Yoda
08-10-2018, 09:59 PM
The support line is around 10.50's , and has been hit 3 times now in the last 6 months . If the line holds we could be in for a short uptrend before the meeting . Looking to buy ,with a short stop loss . See what happens tomorrow .

Yoda
08-10-2018, 10:09 PM
The support line is around 10.50's , and has been hit 3 times now in the last 6 months . If the line holds we could be in for a short uptrend before the meeting . Looking to buy ,with a short stop loss . See what happens tomorrow . 4% rise n fall today, makes a nice pin- bar . Actually got to $10 back in May . Should be an interesting week .

zgnz
08-10-2018, 11:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByBtCKM98s

Bloomberg interview with the CEO. 3:26 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByBtCKM98s#t=3m26s) if you want to hear her discuss the share sale.

Muppett
09-10-2018, 12:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByBtCKM98s

Bloomberg interview with the CEO. 3:26 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByBtCKM98s#t=3m26s) if you want to hear her discuss the share sale.

Thanks for this.
Now we now why there is an increase in the marketing spend as previously advised by the trougher, it's because: "word of mouth" is the main a2 marketing strategy.
She struggled a bit at the end to clearly justify her sell off, but what is done, is done.

Beagle
09-10-2018, 09:29 AM
"My personal motives are inextricably linked to shareholders" Hmmmm...She has a long history in her career of selling down shares shortly after they vest as reported by NBR recently.

nzsharetrade
09-10-2018, 09:36 AM
funny, I was kind worried when she was talking about she still got twice ATM shares......

couta1
09-10-2018, 09:41 AM
"My personal motives are inextricably linked to shareholders" Hmmmm...She has a long history in her career of selling down shares shortly after they vest as reported by NBR recently. Her motives are linked alright, she sells for a massive profit whilst peasant shareholders lose money,bit like the old medieval times when the king gorged himself on luxury while the commoners worked to pay for that extravagance.

dobby41
09-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Her motives are linked alright, she sells for a massive profit whilst peasant shareholders lose money,bit like the old medieval times when the king gorged himself on luxury while the commoners worked to pay for that extravagance.

If the company has long term good (brilliant) prospects then, unless you sell (and why would you?), shareholders don't lose money at all.
Did the company make a loss?
Are their prospects worse now after she sold?
Get a grip!

couta1
09-10-2018, 09:50 AM
If the company has long term good (brilliant) prospects then, unless you sell (and why would you?), shareholders don't lose money at all.
Get a grip! I have got a grip and a sense of humour.Lol. PS-Over a billion wiped off the company market cap would imply that something has been lost.

minimoke
09-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Get a grip!
While, arguably, shareholders who hold dont lose money they do most certainly loose value. A sale is cementing the loss.

Prospects are potentially worse. You want a CEO who uses sound judgement to run a company aligned to directors governance which is aligned to shareholder / owner expectations and with the ultimate aim of returning positive value to shareholders. Be that either dividends or an increase in capital value. The consequence of using her judgement is a severe erosion of shareholder value - which is not a competent judgment nor decision. And that is without delving into her judgement that left her with an outstanding tax bill that require a saher sell off and also considering putting money into investments other than ATM.

bull....
09-10-2018, 09:54 AM
bit of tongue and cheek

longy
09-10-2018, 09:59 AM
bit of tongue and cheek

OMG... I have got a good laugh at the pic.