PDA

View Full Version : ATM - A2 Milk Corporation Limited

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Balance
27-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Encouraging to see A2 bounce back on the ASX after the news late this afternoon ( up 1% overall for the day on the ASX).

Lucky I chose this aft to sell enough ATM at $15 (to refund my cash after the recent SKO purchase.) :p

Expect a bit of tree shaking tomorrow, tho' I suspect shorts will be sweating before long.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Interesting dynamics - shorters covered on ASM day and then, increased shorts again day after!

t.rexjr
27-11-2019, 10:15 AM
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Interesting dynamics - shorters covered on ASM day and then, increased shorts again day after!

Yeap, betting on fury and outrage... But I think it was too well telegraphed to cause a major stir

t.rexjr
27-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Yeap, betting on fury and outrage... But I think it was too well telegraphed to cause a major stir

Shortman doesn't really show the full picture. For one it doesn't show how many have covered and re shorted within that day. Although they may have had an early burn re-entry on the days high will see them right once they force it down again. I've always believed it easier to drive a share down than up.

tomm
27-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Encouraging to see A2 bounce back on the ASX after the news late this afternoon ( up 1% overall for the day on the ASX).

Lucky I chose this aft to sell enough ATM at $15 (to refund my cash after the recent SKO purchase.) :p

Expect a bit of tree shaking tomorrow, tho' I suspect shorts will be sweating before long.

Good on you mate, but I am really unsure whether this will impact much on the market at the current bulls because they informed the market very well prior to this.

see weed
27-11-2019, 12:54 PM

I would be sweating to, if shorting a company who's revenue is growing $300,000,000+ a year? And has $400,000,000+ in the bank? And no dept?:cool:

Oberon
27-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Good on you mate, but I am really unsure whether this will impact much on the market at the current bulls because they informed the market very well prior to this.

Yep. We all knew it was coming and the reasons for the sales were satisfactorily explained at the AGM. Looks like the market is moving on from the news with nary an afterthought, thankfully. The SP has been teasing me just under my break-even since the AGM - onwards and upwards into the green! :D

tomm
27-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Yep. We all knew it was coming and the reasons for the sales were satisfactorily explained at the AGM. Looks like the market is moving on from the news with nary an afterthought, thankfully. The SP has been teasing me just under my break-even since the AGM - onwards and upwards into the green! :D
That is nice to hear, well researched and well invested.

Leftfield
27-11-2019, 02:33 PM

Yes great to see the SP back up where it was before the announcement. Very Bullish trend reversal.

ATM still approx 53% of my portfolio, and today thanks to gains in SKO and ATM my portfolio is back above the $ overall level it was at prior to CEO Jane's sales announcement and my small sale on Tuesday.

I would be sweating to, if shorting a company who's revenue is growing $300,000,000+ a year? And has $400,000,000+ in the bank? And no dept?:cool:

Nice to see the shorts sweating. Onwards and upwards from here.

(Great that Beagle's dire predictions of $9.50 and $11.50 a mere month or so ago are now a distant memory.)

tomm
27-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Yes great to see the SP back up where it was before the announcement. Very Bullish trend reversal.

ATM still approx 53% of my portfolio, and today thanks to gains in SKO and ATM my portfolio is back above the $ overall level it was at prior to CEO Jane's sales announcement and my small sale on Tuesday.

(Great that Beagle's dire predictions of $9.50 and $11.50 a mere month or so ago are now a distant memory.)

Beagle was trying to be Eagle but failed LOL
P/S : No offence , just kidding .

see weed
27-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Beagle is probably right. It is possibly be in the $8? to $10? region, but that won't stop the sp going up from $12 to $22? or where ever, and then get shorted down again:eek2:.

Beagle
27-11-2019, 03:57 PM

I upgraded to hold and $13 after the annual meeting, but I think you know that already...if others want to pay more, good for them and fill ya boots :p

tomm
27-11-2019, 05:08 PM
i upgraded to hold and $13 after the annual meeting, but i think you know that already...if others want to pay more, good for them and fill ya boots :p
lol @ beagle hahahahah

Beagle
27-11-2019, 06:19 PM
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=F05EDD9AC904D0EC1C6E77BA7585C4354AD7EB39&thid=OIP.pQAC700FeLBK-UvhdYI0gQHaEl&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstories.barkpost.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F05%2Fangrybeagle-feature.jpg&exph=500&expw=808&q=picture+of+angry+beagles&selectedindex=1&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,6

see weed
28-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Nice, was waiting for this one to happen as I'm keen to have a small top up before it starts to fly again. Got some spare funds released for any opportunistic entry over next few days...
Looks to be flying again. Reminds me of the 50c to $1 days then to $2.50 then bought in again at $7 cause got sick of waiting for it to come back. It was pretty scary buying in at all time high of $7:).

sb9
28-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Looks to be flying again. Reminds me of the 50c to $1 days then to $2.50 then bought in again at $7 cause got sick of waiting for it to come back. It was pretty scary buying in at all time high of $7:).

Looks like short squeeze happening now....ouch shorts!!! they've a long way to cover all those outstanding positions

see weed
28-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Looks like short squeeze happening now....ouch shorts!!! they've a long way to cover all those outstanding positions
Do you think they might all be singing that Johny Cash song 'Ring Of Fire':eek2:.ps hard to believe atm hit a low of $12.19c on 7/11/19....3 weeks ago. Am very happy with over $1 a week gain. At this rate might be back to $18 by Christmas:t_up:

tomm
28-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Do you think they might all be singing that Johny Cash song 'Ring Of Fire':eek2:.ps hard to believe atm hit a low of $12.19c on 7/11/19....3 weeks ago. Am very happy with over $1 a week gain. At this rate might be back to $18 by Christmas:t_up:
jingle bell jingle bell...jingle alll the wayyy..... LOL

Southern_Belle
28-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Wow, happy to have held during the tree shaking phase. Santa rally come early OR yet to come.

couta1
28-11-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm all out now, will wait for a dip as it's getting way overbought, happy to book the profit and keep it.

Balance
28-11-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm all out now, will wait for a dip as it's getting way overbought, happy to book the profit and keep it.

Well done, couta.

Must admit I thought you were mad at times to average down on a stock like ATM.

tomm
28-11-2019, 01:19 PM

It might not be because there are too much shorts (8%), this is way too over bought if it is just 3-6% of shorts but not in this case just yet.

BlackPeter
28-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Don't they say: "Let the profits run"?

allfromacell
28-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Well done, $0.50 EPS this is now trading on a forward PE of 31 which in my view is about fair value. I reckon it can heat up well past fair value as it has in the past and reckon we'll see a new all time high before the results announcement in Feb, expect plenty of tree shakes between then and now.

RTM
28-11-2019, 01:23 PM

Excellent news Couta…..been quite a ride.
Better than Queenstown ?
Genuinely pleased you came out of this in good shape.

couta1
28-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Don't they say: "Let the profits run"? You cant eat unrealised profits.

BlackPeter
28-11-2019, 01:27 PM
You cant eat unrealised profits.

True that ... though you could leave the profits in the stock and go fishing ;);

tomm
28-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Someone from AUS just sold 1mil shares ;)

44wishlists
28-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Someone from AUS just sold 1mil shares ;)

Or, someone from AUS just BOUGHT 1mil shares ;)

carrom74
28-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Well done couta! Have sold all mine too today. May be not at the price you had sold...but still no regrets..bought MET and HLG... and keeping some leftover money to buy Atm on dips...

Beagle
28-11-2019, 04:02 PM

Congrats. We know this is cyclical and could easily fall back to fair value of $13 at any stage.
Take the money and run and buy something much better value that pays a decent dividend.

tomm
28-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Congrats. We know this is cyclical and could easily fall back to fair value of $13 at any stage.
Take the money and run and buy something much better value that pays a decent dividend.
LOL @BEAGLE againnnnn hahaahhaahh

Beagle
28-11-2019, 04:40 PM
It was juvenile the first time.

couta1
28-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Well done couta! Have sold all mine too today. May be not at the price you had sold...but still no regrets..bought MET and HLG... and keeping some leftover money to buy Atm on dips... Great minds think alike, I also bought some MET and HLG plus I have added some of these back near the low to cover all bases, enjoy your success.

tomm
28-11-2019, 09:44 PM
What is your next entrance for A2? $14.60 ??

tomm
28-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Great minds think alike, I also bought some MET and HLG plus I have added some of these back near the low to cover all bases, enjoy your success.
I am waiting for the next 'POP' on HLG to get in.
By the way What is your next entrance for A2? $14.60 ??

Baa_Baa
28-11-2019, 10:43 PM
That’s a good idea, post your trade strategy on the Internet. lol 😂

tomm
28-11-2019, 10:53 PM
That’s a good idea, post your trade strategy on the Internet. lol 
Talk about trading.
Truths are Lies
Lies are Truths
Truths are Truths
and Lies are Lies.
which is right? which is wrong? But the only right answer is within oneself and the one which can get you wrong is also yourself .
LOL

see weed
29-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Good on you. I'm gunna stick around a while. Try and squeeze a few more dollars out of it....greed. But will probably get burnt again:).

couta1
29-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Good on you. I'm gunna stick around a while. Try and squeeze a few more dollars out of it....greed. But will probably get burnt again:). I bought a small(For me) base holding back on the low yesterday which I will either build on or flick off if it runs hard again this arvo. I'm not expecting any dips to go much below $14.80 so I reckon you'll be all good.

Oberon
29-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Looking to get out today if it spikes hard again. Had an opportunity yesterday but didn't go with my gut; I thought that surge was begging to come back down. I could have walked away with some nice profit and bought back in at my previous break-even. Too much time reading forums second guessing myself. Won't make the same mistake today. Although, here I am posting right now. Well, ok... just doing the rounds before the ASX opens. :D

Joshuatree
29-11-2019, 10:40 AM
I will keep holding .Dont want to risk having to pay tax on profits, trading, to the IRD.

Oberon
29-11-2019, 10:46 AM
I will keep holding .Dont want to risk having to pay tax on profits, trading, to the IRD.

Are there any resources anyone could point me in the direction of in regard to trading/investing and tax? I had a quick search earlier in the year when I first got started but haven't looked again since holding A2 for the last new months. I didn't find anything clear cut on the subject...

tomm
29-11-2019, 10:48 AM
I bought a small(For me) base holding back on the low yesterday which I will either build on or flick off if it runs hard again this arvo. I'm not expecting any dips to go much below $14.80 so I reckon you'll be all good.

Agree with you Couta .

couta1
29-11-2019, 10:48 AM
I will keep holding .Dont want to risk having to pay tax on profits, trading, to the IRD. No risk from my viewpoint, all profit goes in my IR3 end of story.

couta1
29-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Are there any resources anyone could point me in the direction of in regard to trading/investing and tax? I had a quick search earlier in the year when I first got started but haven't looked again since holding A2 for the last new months. I didn't find anything clear cut on the subject... You wont find anything clear cut because there isn't any definitive guidelines like most other countries have but I'll make it simple for you, only two things to ask yourself. 1.What was your intention when you purchased any given block of shares and. 2. How often do you buy and sell shares. The answer to those two questions will give you good guidance.

Joshuatree
29-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Are there any resources anyone could point me in the direction of in regard to trading/investing and tax? I had a quick search earlier in the year when I first got started but haven't looked again since holding A2 for the last new months. I didn't find anything clear cut on the subject...

Also how many buys and sells you do in a year. Buying for the dividends;) is good too. It is a very gray area. I have a trading broker (for aus stocks) ,ASB and an Investment broker with two diff banks to be completely transparent.

Worth a browse through the thread below
"Some Questions For Traders " and others in the bowels of S/T.

couta1
29-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Also how many buys and sells you do in a year. Buying for the dividends;) is good too. It is a very gray area. I have a trading broker (for aus stocks) ,ASB and an Investment broker with two diff banks to be completely transparent.

Worth a browse through the thread below
"Some Questions For Traders " and others in the bowels of S/T. Having 2 separate accounts may be helpful for reconciliation purposes but otherwise means diddly squat to IRD or in determining whether you are a trader or not. All that matters is Intention at time of purchase and frequency of trading.

Joshuatree
29-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Not according to my accountant.i never want to attract the IRD for any reason. If they deem one a trader and not an investor, thats it. To each their own , whatever works for you.

see weed
29-11-2019, 12:12 PM
I have it all sussed out. Have paid little tax and got a $17k refund a few months ago. The refund was partly provisional tax paid the year before. :t_up:. ps Somebody might organize a special meeting for tax tips:).

tomm
29-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Looking to get out today if it spikes hard again. Had an opportunity yesterday but didn't go with my gut; I thought that surge was begging to come back down. I could have walked away with some nice profit and bought back in at my previous break-even. Too much time reading forums second guessing myself. Won't make the same mistake today. Although, here I am posting right now. Well, ok... just doing the rounds before the ASX opens. :D
Look at the VWAP in AUS for A2 : $1358 and trading as $1466

Damn it is going to be a bearish..

couta1
29-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Look at the VWAP in AUS for A2 : $1358 and trading as $1466

Damn it is going to be a bearish.. I welcome all bears to a Friday arvo picnic with open arms, honey pot will be provided.

see weed
29-11-2019, 12:48 PM
I welcome all bears to a Friday arvo picnic with open arms, honey pot will be provided.
I welcome all a2 bulls to the Friday arvo picnic with open arms, and a2 cows provided:D.

sb9
29-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I welcome all a2 bulls to the Friday arvo picnic with open arms, and a2 cows provided:D.

Interesting to note shorts still going up, be interesting to watch over next weeks which way its going to fold...

Oberon
29-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Thank you everyone re: the tax. I'm still new to this game and the more I've learned, the more I appreciate how much more there is left to learn. I've just sold; great if it were just for a week's holding, but nothing substantial given I've been holding for 3 months. I can see a potential dip so may as well take something while I'm up and - dare I say it - try to time my re-entry better. I've already framed the last 3 months as a very valuable learning experience, which in the long run is far more of an asset than a bit of additional profit in the interim.

Now I can grimace as I watch the SP go up (as it is at the moment). :lol:

I welcome all bears to a Friday arvo picnic with open arms, honey pot will be provided.

Ditto.

Leftfield
29-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Now I can grimace as I watch the SP go up (as it is at the moment).

The joys of being a long term holder of ATM is not sweating the daily up's and downs and not having to pay tax on long term gains. I've yet to be convinced that short term 'traders' do better at the end of the day.

Enjoy today and ponder where A2 will be in 2 to 5 years.

couta1
29-11-2019, 01:20 PM
The way the whole market has run this week I'm expecting a dip next week and if the Trumpet could get loose with his Twitter account over the weekend that would be much appreciated Mr President.

sb9
29-11-2019, 01:29 PM
The way the whole market has run this week I'm expecting a dip next week and if the Trumpet could get loose with his Twitter account over the weekend that would be much appreciated Mr President.

Could well be, however in case of A2 specific I think downward pressure is lower now after ASM update.

see weed
29-11-2019, 01:33 PM
hmmm. The daily lows seem to be getting higher every day. Look after the lows and the highs will look after themselves;).

couta1
29-11-2019, 01:38 PM
hmmm. The daily lows seem to be getting higher every day. Look after the lows and the highs will look after themselves;). I think what you really meant to say was ditch the highs and pamper the lows.

see weed
29-11-2019, 01:54 PM
I think what you really meant to say was ditch your highs and pamper the lows.
Now that is a good idea. My old great uncle Cyril would be 120 if still alive today. He taught us, to look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

see weed
29-11-2019, 02:22 PM
The joys of being a long term holder of ATM is not sweating the daily up's and downs and not having to pay tax on long term gains. I've yet to be convinced that short term 'traders' do better at the end of the day.

Enjoy today and ponder where A2 will be in 2 to 5 years.
Is it just us two left. Put 2% of my holding at $15.07c 2 days ago and have amended it 6 times since then, the last being $16.50c. The more the profit takers finish selling, the less the profit sellers left to sell:). Then the first profit sellers may have to buy back in at a higher price. Been there done that many times with a2. So looking forward to profiteers finishing and watching sp go through the roof:cool:.

Joshuatree
29-11-2019, 03:11 PM
At least three of us.:t_up: Int i have heard there is alot of money being thrown into stocks atm in a FOMO risk off xmas rally kinda way, atp. Are we entering a mini Euphoria stage?

Leftfield
29-11-2019, 04:59 PM
At least three of us.:t_up: Int i have heard there is alot of money being thrown into stocks atm in a FOMO risk off xmas rally kinda way, atp. Are we entering a mini Euphoria stage?

Well done Joshuatree and See weed.... We might have to form a survivors club!!??

Over the last 5 yrs ATM has beaten the NZX50 index by over 2600% (as this chart shows - NZX is the squiggle at the bottom of the chart) and will continue to outperform NZX50 for many years yet. Crazy not to have some of this in your portfolio IMHO.

couta1
29-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Well done Joshuatree and See weed.... We might have to form a survivors club!!??

Over the last 5 yrs ATM has beaten the NZX50 index by over 2600% (as this chart shows - NZX is the squiggle at the bottom of the chart) and will continue to outperform NZX50 for many years yet. Crazy not to have some of this in your portfolio IMHO.

10870 Lol , I only didnt have some in my portfolio for 3 hrs yesterday but now they(My new lot)are gone so I will be going a whole 2 days without some, whoops i just noticed I've got 197 shares left in my Aussie holding so I'm still in.:cool:

Baa_Baa
29-11-2019, 07:34 PM
A cracking couple of weeks, so many doubts put to rest. Only question left imo is what to do with the massive cash war chest.

Great growth companies invest excess cash, if there’s nothing to invest in they give it back to share holders. I don’t want it back so am anticipating a big announce in the next few months, it would be a mild concern if the war chest just grew towards a billion $ without some show of ambition.

Meantime gltah, what a great investment!

tomm
29-11-2019, 09:11 PM

Unbelievable , today I am seeing a very quiet but keeping on buying , doesn't matter how big the block is up 40K , 20K, 10K shares, it is just keep on scratching and scratching buying but funny enough the shares price is keeping at a same pace. I think the shorters are buying , yes they are buying and in a meant time keeping the price at a same pace. I bought some but sold out at lunch, and to my surprise it wasn't a sold down but a quiet collecting. I saw 1mil shares @ $1455(AUS) , 2mil shares @ $1477 , 100K shares, 70K... shares @ $1472(AUS) went through at once transaction...
Just a flicker in next February it shall be woofff $18-21/share.

I think this is the new revolution and is beginning as the investors start to have faith to invest in such a potential company with the new trustworthy tested CEO. THIS IS THE BOTTOM PRICE FOR A2MILK ATM.NZ .

longy
29-11-2019, 11:54 PM

Make that five or six now? I am still in it. Sold a few and kept a few in. However, I have set up two separate accounts. One for trading and one for long term.

couta1
30-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Good chance of a dip come monday and we just need a bit more heat applied to the Geopolitical situation to get a series of down days in a row on the US market.

Beagle
30-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Good chance of a dip come monday and we just need a bit more heat applied to the Geopolitical situation to get a series of down days in a row on the US market.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12289691

I think you are right to be cautious going into December. November has been a huge month for equities with many major stocks up 15-20%

Sideshow Bob
30-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Speaking to one of my old mates earlier in the week, A2 back into air freighting quite a bit of product to China pre-Christmas. Normally with supply they'd be sea freighting, but guess low on stock......

Chanchay
30-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Speaking to one of my old mates earlier in the week, A2 back into air freighting quite a bit of product to China pre-Christmas. Normally with supply they'd be sea freighting, but guess low on stock......
Low on stock in China? Does this mean production is low or sales are high? Hopefully the latter

Lewylewylewy
30-11-2019, 02:38 PM
There have been reports of an Asian food shortage for years, due to growing population.

Sideshow Bob
30-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Low on stock in China? Does this mean production is low or sales are high? Hopefully the latter

I think the latter - said that normally these days seafreight mostly - much cheaper.

tomm
01-12-2019, 10:33 PM
The a2 Milk Company (ATM) Another Tick for the Formula

20 NOV 2019

The a2 Milk Company (ATM)’s Annual Meeting was positive — with first time 1H20 guidance confirming strong revenue momentum, particularly in Infant Formula (IF), and upgraded FY20 margin guidance. Highlights were (1) a further broadening in sales channels in China; (2) signs of success in extending customer tenure and (3) gross margin momentum. Despite a share price reaction ahead of our earnings upgrades, we continue to view risk/reward as positive. Valuation metrics (EV/EBIT 16x, PE 23x adjusted for US losses/cash) are attractive vs peers, history and the market, particularly given ATM’s strong free cashflow and growth outlook.
We are attracted to the opportunity for ATM in existing markets in addition to new markets and products — with ATM currently only scratching the surface of a material market opportunity. Valuation outcomes are wide, but in our view current valuation metrics offer a favourable risk/reward, particularly when adjusted for loss-making markets. OUTPERFORM.

see weed
02-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Sorry to see you go. I'm all in, bought my last lot this morning at 15.42. My average price is now 9.12c. Am enjoying the ride for now, $16 here we come. Looks like we are in a bit of an uptrend in last 4 weeks:cool:.

couta1
02-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Sorry to see you go. I'm all in, bought my last lot this morning at 15.42. My average price is now 9.12c. Am enjoying the ride for now, $16 here we come. Looks like we are in a bit of an uptrend in last 4 weeks:cool:. I wont be out for long, just waiting patiently for a dip and then will hold long as I have enough tax to pay next year as it is.

see weed
02-12-2019, 02:31 PM
I wont be out for long, just waiting patiently for a dip and then will hold long as I have enough tax to pay next year as it is.
Did the same at 70c hoping it would come back to 45c to 50c a few years back and it went to $2.....bought back in and sold about $2.60ish....but didn't come back and then had to buy back in at $7 and have kept them. Still got one original block bought at 50c 4 years ago. I have a good system to get your tax down, put into action Feb last year.

couta1
02-12-2019, 02:35 PM
You mean the old divvy strip then sell for a loss system?

see weed
02-12-2019, 02:46 PM
a2m is knocking on $15s door.. knock knock knock let me in.

see weed
02-12-2019, 02:51 PM
You mean the old divvy strip then sell for a loss system?
Yes. Saved me about 50k but still had to pay 11k plus 11k provisional and got a 17k refund for this year;).

couta1
02-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Yes. Saved me about 50k but still had to pay 11k plus 11k provisional and got a 17k refund for this year;). Yep works well with big divvy paying stocks unless you end up getting skunked by selling for a a lot less than your buy price minus the divvy as happened to me with AIR last year.

sb9
02-12-2019, 03:34 PM
a2m is knocking on $15s door.. knock knock knock let me in.

There we've it, A2M (ASX) blew past $15 mark as we approach close to $16 mark on this side of the ditch.

Leftfield
02-12-2019, 03:38 PM
There we've it, A2M (ASX) blew past $15 mark as we approach close to $16 mark on this side of the ditch.

Strong talk on HC of institutional buying ahead of possible A2M inclusion in the ASX50 index this month. (Sorry Couta that dip may not happen.)

sb9
02-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Strong talk on HC of institutional buying ahead of possible A2M inclusion in the ASX50 index this month. (Sorry Couta that dip may not happen.)

Sure looks that way, a well respected poster who posts on charts opines that's the way its heading.

couta1
02-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Strong talk on HC of institutional buying ahead of possible A2M inclusion in the ASX50 index this month. (Sorry Couta that dip may not happen.) It will cause it always does if your patient, take a look at the chart oscillations over the last few years, the index buy up is a short term thing and then the Christmas lull comes.

Balance
02-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Extremely short squeeze for the shorts who actually built and increased their positions post the results!

Ouch! https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Burn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI

couta1
02-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Extremely short squeeze for the shorts who actually built and increased their positions post the results!

Ouch!

Burn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI Are you still holding Balance?

Balance
02-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Are you still holding Balance?

1/3rd left.

Deployed the money usefully into another stock so overall okay.

see weed
02-12-2019, 04:24 PM
1/3rd left.

Deployed the money usefully into another stock so overall okay.
I got a wee tiny bit under 3/3rds. But will sit tight and watch from the sidelines with the M. Fool. Couta1 is right, last year 9 months up Dec to Aug. and 3 months down Sept to Nov. We are 4 weeks into the next uptrend, and am happy to squeeze another few $s out of this before it hits $18-$25. There will be another drop at some stage but think it is not too late to make a dollar or two or five before the next top:).

couta1
02-12-2019, 04:36 PM
I got a wee tiny bit under 3/3rds. But will sit tight and watch from the sidelines with the M. Fool. Couta1 is right, last year 9 months up Dec to Aug. and 3 months down Sept to Nov. We are 4 weeks into the next uptrend, and am happy to squeeze another few $s out of this before it hits $18-$25. There will be another drop at some stage but think it is not too late to make a dollar or two or five before the next top:). Might play around with a few on any dips but I'm very cautious about loading up heavily after its had a good run especially when everyone is in a frenzy.

Balance
02-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Might play around with a few on any dips but I'm very cautious about loading up heavily after its had a good run especially when everyone is in a frenzy.

Happy to sit on the sidelines.

Am still rather concerned myself on competitive issues.

sb9
02-12-2019, 04:41 PM
I got a wee tiny bit under 3/3rds. But will sit tight and watch from the sidelines with the M. Fool. Couta1 is right, last year 9 months up Dec to Aug. and 3 months down Sept to Nov. We are 4 weeks into the next uptrend, and am happy to squeeze another few $s out of this before it hits $18-$25. There will be another drop at some stage but think it is not too late to make a dollar or two or five before the next top:).

I've all my long term hold in tact, not parting any of those anytime soon (as they're all between $0.58c to $2 mark). Have couple of small trade parcels bought around $10 and $13 mark. Depending on how it behaves might book profit before 1H results are out in Feb 2020.

tomm
02-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Might play around with a few on any dips but I'm very cautious about loading up heavily after its had a good run especially when everyone is in a frenzy.
The shorters are in accummulative mode for the last 3 days, there are no reasons for the sp to bears IMO, there are huge demand for this stocks.
I reckon they are building for the next Bull trend up, small top up won't hurt for this stock but don't want to miss the train.
They are carving in any big blocks non stop. If they can buy 100K at $1576 ($15 AUS) non stop , I am sure my small shares at $1572 is alright. The VWAP is showing positive signs for a Bulls.
I think this is the new Revolution and is beginning as the investors start to have faith to invest in such a potential company with the new trustworthy tested CEO. THIS IS THE BOTTOM PRICE FOR A2MILK ATM.NZ

couta1
02-12-2019, 05:28 PM
The shorters are in accummulative mode for the last 3 days, there are no reasons for the sp to bears IMO, there are huge demand for this stocks.
I reckon they are building for the next Bull trend up, small top up won't hurt for this stock but don't want to miss the train.
They are carving in any big blocks non stop. If they can buy 100K at $1576 ($15 AUS) non stop , I am sure my small shares at $1572 is alright. The VWAP is showing positive signs for a Bulls.
I think this is the new Revolution and is beginning as the investors start to have faith to invest in such a potential company with the new trustworthy tested CEO. THIS IS THE BOTTOM PRICE FOR A2MILK ATM.NZ Be Fearful when others are Greedy or at the very least Cautious. PS-Bottom cant be predicted with any certainty.

tomm
02-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Be Fearful when others are Greedy or at the very least Cautious. PS-Bottom cant be predicted with any certainty.
Understood.

Beagle
02-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Happy to sit on the sidelines.

Am still rather concerned myself on competitive issues.

Ditto + valuation issues.

bull....
02-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Ditto + valuation issues.

ditto , a2 has not got a competitive advantage , theres nothing special about a2 anyone can do it as witnessed by the large competitors now entering the space. its only a commodity

what it does have is a brand and jane is spending on it. can they out do the way bigger competitors in the long run who knows but spending on brand is there only defence

dompf
02-12-2019, 07:27 PM
A lot of the stock market is hitting all time highs at the moment; A2 still as a few dollars before it gets into that territory. I’m more interested in how US is tracking with their marketing and what they end up doing with that pile of cash. It must be growing by a pallet a day.

tomm
02-12-2019, 10:04 PM
A lot of the stock market is hitting all time highs at the moment; A2 still as a few dollars before it gets into that territory. I’m more interested in how US is tracking with their marketing and what they end up doing with that pile of cash. It must be growing by a pallet a day.

I think with the extraordinary of A2Milk , the instos are thinking they may miss the boat therefor they are turning on their Accumulative Mode at the moment despite of the shorters. As you can see they shake and keeping on accumulate the stocks. The Instos are getting in early. SO HOW ABOUT YOU?

44wishlists
03-12-2019, 01:58 AM
ditto , a2 has not got a competitive advantage , theres nothing special about a2 anyone can do it as witnessed by the large competitors now entering the space. its only a commodity

what it does have is a brand and jane is spending on it. can they out do the way bigger competitors in the long run who knows but spending on brand is there only defence

Then what about CocaCola? Apple? Amazon? Tesla? All businesses can be copied, but brand awareness is something that can’t be duplicated. It’s like even you have 3-stars Michelin chief’s recipe, you can’t just reproduce the dish. Think twice before you comment.

bull....
03-12-2019, 05:36 AM
Then what about CocaCola? Apple? Amazon? Tesla? All businesses can be copied, but brand awareness is something that can’t be duplicated. It’s like even you have 3-stars Michelin chief’s recipe, you can’t just reproduce the dish. Think twice before you comment.

i think i said that they have brand , thats all they have and it will be determined in the long run weather the brand can keep the competitors at bay.

Sideshow Bob
03-12-2019, 08:16 AM
i think i said that they have brand , thats all they have and it will be determined in the long run weather the brand can keep the competitors at bay.

It is indeed a serious consideration. Certainly I think that this underpins and justifies the marketing spend, to whatever level. Get in early, entrench your brand, build awareness, be the original etc.

Of their major (current) competitors, everyone else is conflicted where they also produce A1/A2 products. However at the same time, in NZ herds are moving towards A2 with the use of A2 bulls - however I think total transformation would take a long time.

dobby41
03-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Of their major (current) competitors, everyone else is conflicted where they also produce A1/A2 products.

Do the mothers care that a competitors 'other' milk may have A1?
They buy a brand and/or they buy A2 protein. What other products the manufacturer may have isn't an issue.
Sure, you can't say 'we only have A2 milk' but you can say 'this is A2 milk'.

Sideshow Bob
03-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Do the mothers care that a competitors 'other' milk may have A1?
They buy a brand and/or they buy A2 protein. What other products the manufacturer may have isn't an issue.
Sure, you can't say 'we only have A2 milk' but you can say 'this is A2 milk'.

Mothers probably don't care - but never know with some of the (Chinese) brands what they do.

However like Fonterra going softly softly on A2, if they promote A2 products too heavily, brings into question their other products. Growing the A2 category and awareness helps everyone.

dobby41
03-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Mothers probably don't care - but never know with some of the (Chinese) brands what they do.

However like Fonterra going softly softly on A2, if they promote A2 products too heavily, brings into question their other products. Growing the A2 category and awareness helps everyone.

Brings into question their other products?
There is nothing wrong with their other products - A1 milk is fine!
A2 suits some people where A1 doesn't.
Me - I don't drink A2 because I don't need to.
Our kids didn't have any issues with A1 baby formula so I wouldn't have paid more to get (even if it was around 25 years ago).
Products are 'horses for courses'.

I don't see why some people seem to think you have to have either A1 or A2 in the market - there is room for both.
When (if) all the herds are converted to A2 then A2 milk is just MILK - like A1 was before A2 showed its' face.
At that point there won't be a premium for A2 - just for the brand (and brands are very important in this market (formula)).

tomm
03-12-2019, 12:17 PM
brings into question their other products?
there is nothing wrong with their other products - a1 milk is fine!
A2 suits some people where a1 doesn't.
Me - i don't drink a2 because i don't need to.
Our kids didn't have any issues with a1 baby formula so i wouldn't have paid more to get (even if it was around 25 years ago).
Products are 'horses for courses'.

I don't see why some people seem to think you have to have either a1 or a2 in the market - there is room for both.
When (if) all the herds are converted to a2 then a2 milk is just milk - like a1 was before a2 showed its' face.
At that point there won't be a premium for a2 - just for the brand (and brands are very important in this market (formula)).

do your research again , not on how you think and your emotions but on global world wide :)

winner69
03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Bugger all this yacker about the product - wtf is happening to the share price today

petty
03-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Bugger all this yacker about the product - wtf is happening to the share price today

Errrmerica down 2% will be contributing

tomm
03-12-2019, 12:50 PM
The Shorters are trying to press the Sp down and the Instos trying to keep it up forcing the shorters at a higher sp.

bull....
03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
look at the rsi yesterday ... well over brought

winner69
03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
America down and well overbought and shorters winning ....are we in for a bad December and share price back to $12

Beagle
03-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Careful mate, you get laughed at for suggesting fair value is $13, those who fervently believe might attack you with pitch forks for suggesting $12 :eek2:

After a huge November for the market with many leading stocks up 15-20%, common sense suggests December is likely to be "flat", at best.

winner69
03-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Careful mate, you get laughed at for suggesting fair value is $13, those who fervently believe might attack you with pitch forks for suggesting $12 :eek2:

After a huge November for the market with many leading stocks up 15-20%, common sense suggests December is likely to be "flat", at best.

Hope that theory doesn’t apply to retirement stocks

Thought Santa was meant to be kind to us

silu
03-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Hope that theory doesn’t apply to retirement stocks

Thought Santa was meant to be kind to us

Only to nice kids. The bad ones get a visit from Krampus.

couta1
03-12-2019, 01:33 PM
look at the rsi yesterday ... well over brought The RSI can stay overbought for a long time with this stock, check out the chart whilst it was climbing to it's all time high a while back. PS-In like a pig in a trough again today.

tomm
03-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Beagle is flying ... hahah It is just the Instos are telling the Shorters : time to pay back mate! and the Shorters have no choice by trying to get SP down to buy back as much as they can with as less loss as they can looking at the current ATM sp. In the mean time the Instos are keeping the SP from being pressed down from the Shorters "
"You gotta be burned mate" . Telling the Instos to the shorters.

dobby41
03-12-2019, 01:40 PM
do your research again , not on how you think and your emotions but on global world wide :)

Whatever that means.
People buy on emotion and ATM are certainly relying on that for sales (in China).

tomm
03-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Whatever that means.
People buy on emotion and ATM are certainly relying on that for sales (in China).

Totally agree as a few of our folk are worry that some A2 copy cats will harm A2MILK ATM.NZ . I was one of them , then I realised that : There are no Karicare A2 or Aptamil A2 or Nestle A2 was even making any top 10 of 1 day sale 11/11,
and infact A2 was almost taking the number 1 spot Aptamil , mean the time A1A2 BECOMES HISTORY is near!

bull....
03-12-2019, 02:16 PM
The RSI can stay overbought for a long time with this stock, check out the chart whilst it was climbing to it's all time high a while back. PS-In like a pig in a trough again today.

careful as jim cramer often says Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered

Beagle
03-12-2019, 02:19 PM
The RSI can stay overbought for a long time with this stock, check out the chart whilst it was climbing to it's all time high a while back. PS-In like a pig in a trough again today.

Not even the slightest bit of doubt about it now, you're incorrigible !

sb9
03-12-2019, 04:09 PM

What a poorly written piece about brand value and power of marketing. You should probably read up on marketing 101 by great author like Peter Drucker who is fondly regarded by many as "grandfather of modern marketing". Google his name and read a little bit not just in this case but for overall understanding of power of marketing.

Beagle
03-12-2019, 04:15 PM
What a poorly written piece about brand value and power of marketing. You should probably read up on marketing 101 by great author like Peter Drucker who is fondly regarded by many as "grandfather of modern marketing". Google his name and read a little bit not just in this case but for overall understanding of power of marketing.

I remember Peter Drucker's marketing gems from my days at Uni in the 1980's. Took an optional marketing paper with my B.com because I thought one day I would have to sift the wheat from the chaff, (AKA deciphering commercial bull****). He's the stuff of legend.
https://www.forbes.com/2006/06/30/jack-trout-on-marketing-cx_jt_0703drucker.html#640ec58c555c

couta1
03-12-2019, 04:42 PM
careful as jim cramer often says Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered Lol, I've been fully immersed in this stock for years now, reckon I know it pretty well.

winner69
03-12-2019, 04:48 PM
“"....marketing is too important to be left to the marketing people."

A quote from that article linked above.

bull....
03-12-2019, 04:59 PM

anyway good day for the shorts lol i should place emphasis on the fact a2 only advantage at the moment is first mover advantage and not brand so to speak. so my comment before was they only have first mover brand. not long lasting brand like coke etc as they havent faced any real competition to see if there brand is strong . so there lol time will tell

couta1
03-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Not even the slightest bit of doubt about it now, you're incorrigible ! Incorrigible and doing what I love, although I do admit it's not for the faint hearted but that's why everyone should stick to their own knitting.

tomm
03-12-2019, 06:34 PM
AUS

4:10:45 pm
4:10:45 pm
$6,588,670

NZ

5:10:02 pm
5:10:02 pm
$3,434,917

5:00:13 pm
5:00:13 pm
$3,741,419

LOOK at this. HOLD TIGHT guys. :)

couta1
03-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Bugger all this yacker about the product - wtf is happening to the share price today With a 36c spread AU and 45c spread NZ ,absolutely nothing, just a normal day at the A2 office.

tomm
04-12-2019, 10:27 AM
With a 36c spread AU and 45c spread NZ ,absolutely nothing, just a normal day at the A2 office.
You and me should have a drink together sometimes , as we have the same strategy .

Balance
04-12-2019, 10:35 AM
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=A2M

Game of nerves (in this case, of steel) by those shorting ATM!

They have actually not covered but increased their positions!

couta1
04-12-2019, 10:36 AM
You and me should have a drink together sometimes , as we have the same strategy . A get together to polish off a bottle of Canterbury Cream mixed with A2 sounds just the ticket,

couta1
04-12-2019, 10:38 AM

They have actually not covered but increased their positions! Completely nuts with the index rebalance and Feb results coming up, this dip is only temporal on an upward trajectory, let them burn.

tomm
04-12-2019, 11:15 AM

They have actually not covered but increased their positions!

That is actually a good thing for LTH and creating opportunities for top up.

tomm
04-12-2019, 11:31 AM
A get together to polish off a bottle of Canterbury Cream mixed with A2 sounds just the ticket,
Love it mate, where are you @?... I am in Auck. Wondering when are they going to sell the A2 Cream in NZ, I love to get it for baking, coffee, tea...

see weed
05-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Lol, I've been fully immersed in this stock for years now, reckon I know it pretty well.
Where to today. Yesterdays low was 14.86. Good for the fomos to get in on any of these dips before it takes off again.

dobby41
05-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Where to today. Yesterdays low was 14.86. Good for the fomos to get in on any of these dips before it takes off again.

Up it seems (so far)

see weed
06-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Up it seems (so far)
So lets look at the 3 year chart. We had an up trend for 14 Months...Jan17 to Mar18. Then a shocker down trend for 7 months...April18 to Nov 18. Then the start of next uptrend for 10 months...Nov18 to Aug19. Then a quick sharp down trend for 3 months...Sept 19 to Nov 19. So here we are one month into the next up trend? The average up trend in the last 2 years is about 7 months for ATM. I do notice and don't worry too much when sp gets pushed down for what ever reason. There seems to be a continuous stream of buyers coming back in to push it up again. Some of them including myself have sold and then bought back in knowing it will just keep going up for now. Must be hard to keep a good company down when revenue growth is $300,000,000 and plus? per year, 400 or 500 million bucks in the bank and no dept?:t_up::D:t_up:

tomm
07-12-2019, 02:22 PM
A2 ACHIEVED TOP 1 IN NZX20 .
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117950884/what-should-you-have-put-your-money-in-10-years-ago (https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117950884/what-should-you-have-put-your-money-in-10-years-ago)

But if you wanted to get the best return for your money over the past 10 years, it turns out that you probably couldn't have done a lot better than investing in A2 Milk.
Mark Lister, of Craigs Investment Partners, said A2 "took the cake" on a decade of great returns for stocks in general. "A $100 investment in A2 back then would today be worth a spectacular $18,082."
A2 was followed by Mainfreight. Its shares started the decade at $5.55 and ended it at $41.70.
But Lister said the New Zealand sharemarket in general had performed well - it delivered a return of 250.3 per cent over the past 10 years, or 13.5 per cent a year.

Leftfield
07-12-2019, 03:34 PM
A2 ACHIEVED TOP 1 IN NZX20 .
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117950884/what-should-you-have-put-your-money-in-10-years-ago (https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117950884/what-should-you-have-put-your-money-in-10-years-ago)

18,082% return in that time v NZX50 about 250%.

You're crazy not to have a taste of A2 in your portfolio!

Balance
07-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Well, you better put some PEB shares in your portfolio now then to catch the next potential 10,000% gainer.

Why?

Because ATM was given as much chance 10 years ago as PEB is given today to become a successful story.

Putting things in perspective! :eek2:

Such are the ways that fortunes are made and lost!

Balance
07-12-2019, 04:47 PM

65m shares shorted - 7m more than when ASM sent a rocket under the stock.

What are these shorters missing or are we missing something?????

Ggcc
07-12-2019, 05:57 PM

What are these shooters missing or are we missing something?????

How to gamble for the short term, hoping the Trump will say something stupid or that China might change some legislation. Longterm you know ATM will be a winner.

tomm
08-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Well, you better put some PEB shares in your portfolio now then to catch the next potential 10,000% gainer.

Why?

Because ATM was given as much chance 10 years ago as PEB is given today to become a successful story.

Putting things in perspective! :eek2:

Such are the ways that fortunes are made and lost!
If their product is for curing the cancer then it is an another story hahahaha

winner69
08-12-2019, 12:36 AM

At this rate ATM will be $2,740 in 2029

I’m in

Leftfield
08-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Well, you better put some PEB shares in your portfolio now then to catch the next potential 10,000% gainer......

LOL Balance..... never thought I would hear you recommend PEB!

One of the current small caps may well be the next ATM and my recommendation is to keep an open mind and keep an eye open for the change in their trends. You have picked SKO (as I have) and I've also picked PLX (which you detest) and then there is PEB which I would not pick....yet. Which will be the next ATM? who knows but it is fun looking.

At this rate ATM will be $2,740 in 2029....I’m in

Good on you Winner! ATM is not likely to repeat its past success, but the key IMHO is that it will continue to out perform the NZX50 average of 25% increase pa.

My aim in any shares I pick is to outperform the NZX50. Simple slow wealth is fine by me.

Balance
08-12-2019, 11:06 AM
LOL Balance..... never thought I would hear you recommend PEB!

One of the current small caps may well be the next ATM and my recommendation is to keep an open mind and keep an eye open for the change in their trends. You have picked SKO (as I have) and I've also picked PLX (which you detest) and then there is PEB which I would not pick....yet. Which will be the next ATM? who knows but it is fun looking.

Not recommending PEB, LF! :eek2:

Putting ATM's return in perspective - you would have been a super brave person to buy ATM 10 years ago when the sp was 8c. The company looked out and ready to be carted out of the NZX!

Takes an equally brave person to invest big and deep in PEB today - but hi, ex-director John Duncan just doubled his stake despite sitting a six figure loss, so who knows!

Don't you despise the way the broking industry like to ramp up stories like ATM and take credit while totally steering clear of commenting on the total losses of the Feltex, Wynyard, Intueri and CBL of the world?

dobby41
09-12-2019, 08:13 AM

You suggesting that history will repeat and it will be 18000% higher in another 10 yrs?
I've heard that before and it never works out.

winner69
09-12-2019, 09:12 AM
I think they could have worded this better

The Board of The a2 Milk Company Limited advises that Managing Director & CEO, Jayne Hrdlicka, has agreed to step down from her roles

pierre
09-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Well, that's a shock - Jayne stepping down and Geoffrey coming back in an interim CEO role.

Wonder how quickly her shares will hit the market?

winner69
09-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Beagle will be happy - Geoff back in charge

pierre
09-12-2019, 09:14 AM

The Board of The a2 Milk Company Limited advises that Managing Director & CEO, Jayne Hrdlicka, has agreed to step down from her roles

"

The Board and I agreed

that this next phase is going to be too difficult to manage alongside my

other commitments whilst also managing the health and wellness priorities of

my family and me. "

winner69
09-12-2019, 09:17 AM
"

The Board and I agreed

that this next phase is going to be too difficult to manage alongside my

other commitments whilst also managing the health and wellness priorities of

my family and me. "

Busy people only read the first paragraph

And in context of the whole announcement that’s badly worded .....

winner69
09-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Jayne leaving and Susan leaving .....that’s two big voids for Geoff to fill over summer

And a new CFO starting

Things changing fast in the leadership team.

Baa_Baa
09-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Busy people only read the first paragraph

And in context of the whole announcement that’s badly worded .....

At least they’re going to prosecute [sic] the strategy
😊

silu
09-12-2019, 09:21 AM
I'm so angry I just want to dump the lot. I have no problems with CEOs being paid their ridiculous sums if they do the job. 18 months? And I thought CEOs are supposed to be forward thinking.

couta1
09-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Bye Bye Love.

winner69
09-12-2019, 09:25 AM
At least they’re going to prosecute [sic] the strategy
😊
Yes indeed ...prosecute ...and lots of execution as well

silu
Bye Bye Love.

but is it Bye Bye Happiness?

winner69
I'm so angry I just want to dump the lot. I have no problems with CEOs being paid their ridiculous sums if they do the job. 18 months? And I thought CEOs are supposed to be forward thinking.

Tennis is important

Hope Margaret Court didn’t get the better of her

couta1
09-12-2019, 09:28 AM
but is it Bye Bye Happiness? No I dont reckon, just another blip on the radar and i dont think the market will react too badly other than the panic merchants, oh and good to have the steady hand of Geoff back.

Blue Skies
09-12-2019, 09:32 AM

What are these shorters missing or are we missing something?????

Did we just find the answer?

Ggcc
09-12-2019, 09:33 AM
It does seem like she is in a rush to get out though. Maybe her marriage was on the rocks or something else quite serious?? I do wish her the best on the way out and I hope they find someone who understands the role will be challenging with travel demands

dobby41
09-12-2019, 09:38 AM
She played a blinder there.
Give her lots of shares to cover the lost bonus from her last job and then she leaves.
Well done to her - badly done by and for the company.

Balance
09-12-2019, 09:39 AM

It does seem like she is in a rush to get out though. Maybe her marriage was on the rocks or something else quite serious?? I do wish her the best on the way out and I hope they find someone who understands the role will be challenging with travel demands

Has agreed?

Something does not smell right here - it sounds like the Board is unhappy about something regarding her performance and required her to leave.

Feeling rather shaken by the surprise announcement, I must admit.

couta1
09-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Has agreed?

Something does not smell right here.

Feeling rather shaken by the surprise announcement, I must admit. I find this snippet in the Herald interesting "It is understood there may have been concerns about the direction the company had taken under Hyrdlickas tenure and her interaction with key stakeholders"

sb9
09-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Has agreed?

Something does not smell right here - it sounds like the Board is unhappy about something regarding her performance and required her to leave.

Feeling rather shaken by the surprise announcement, I must admit.

Same here, had to read the statement few times to fully digest the news....

Anyway, in all fairness if there are genuine family/health reasons we can't blame her as she need to what's right for family and good luck to her.

Sideshow Bob
09-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Wowsers! Didn't see that coming!! It is a worry to see a CEO leave so suddenly and after a very short term - and don't know what to make of it.

Wonders what that means for her minions she bought in from One-Star Airlines??

Great to see Geoff back in the drivers seat however! Buckle in, might be going through a bit of turbulence today! :scared:

couta1
09-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Same here, had to read the statement few times to fully digest the news....

Anyway, in all fairness if there are genuine family/health reasons we can't blame her as she need to what's right for family and good luck to her. Those reasons look like a smokescreen, key players were not happy with direction IMO.

sb9
I find this snippet in the Herald interesting "It is understood there may have been concerns about the direction the company had taken under Hyrdlickas tenure and her interaction with key stakeholders"

Very interesting snippet indeed and if you're shareholder the sp has gone nowhere in last 18m, in fact its gone backwards momentum wise.

Balance
I find this snippet in the Herald interesting "It is understood there may have been concerns about the direction the company had taken under Hyrdlickas tenure and her interaction with key stakeholders"

No hint of any dissention at the ASM which was all of 3 weeks ago.

I have a most uneasy feeling that the Australian institutions are going to come out swinging today.

silu
09-12-2019, 09:51 AM
No hint of any dissention at the ASM which was all of 3 weeks ago.

I have a most uneasy feeling that the Australian institutions are going to come out swinging today.

If I had any financial klout I would use any tool at my disposal today to show my displeasure. If the instos come out swinging then I can't really fault them.

bull....
09-12-2019, 09:56 AM
shocking bad news for the company losing there marketing guru. geoff did a good job in early days but not the same leauge as jane when it comes to marketing

sb9
09-12-2019, 09:57 AM
I think the Board should promote Peter Nathan to the role of CEO, he'll be great.

couta1
09-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Lol, look at the panic merchants lining up.

trader_jackson
09-12-2019, 09:59 AM
continuously sells down her shares from start to finish (of her short tenure) then suddenly resigns... does not sound good that's for sure.

bull....
09-12-2019, 10:01 AM
now the bad results will come out soon and we will all know why shorts were increasing lol

Balance
09-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Lol, look at the panic merchants lining up.

I am one of them. :eek2:

Seen it before and this will only be the beginning of more bad news to come imo.

All the best Couta.

couta1
09-12-2019, 10:03 AM
I am one of them. :eek2:

Seen it before and this will only be the beginning of more bad news to come imo.

All the best Couta. I'll stick with it as Guidance was confirmed so business as usual at the coal face.

bull....
09-12-2019, 10:04 AM
business as usual lol when the majors are just ramping up there move to eat a2 market share .

bull....
09-12-2019, 10:07 AM
i would say the board said hey jane the majors competitors are coming after us now we have created this market and we need you to work longer and harder. jane says no way ill never see my family .... bye

Lola
09-12-2019, 10:09 AM
I think the Board should promote Peter Nathan to the role of CEO, he'll be great.

Starts from behind the scratch line coz hes a guy.

BTW she wasnt too long into her job and she sold a huge hunk of her stock. Never felt right this one but thats a cost of diversity for you.

silu
09-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Starts from behind the scratch line coz hes a guy.

BTW she wasnt too long into her job and she sold a huge hunk of her stock. Never felt right this one but thats a cost of diversity for you.

Stupid comment and you hopefully know that.

Sideshow Bob
09-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Down $0.87/5.7%.

Ouch!

RGR367
09-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Opportunity! Blaming no one as I see this as your chance to sell or buy depending how you look at it. Got heaps already but I will still wait to buy some more if the sp lowers to my last buy of 1380 last September. GL to holders and/or sellers but fun is now back to this share :p

Balance
09-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Down $0.87/5.7%.

Ouch!

Real action when ASX opens.

Happy to be out at this stage and lock in the last of my gains - been unquestionably one of the great stories and investments for me in recent years.

Christmas time I want to be lazing at the bach, feasting on wagyu beef and crays - not worrying about what next with the roller coaster ride so far this year with ATM. :eek2:

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Lets be honest people took a dislike to Jayne when she suddenly sold her shares. Then bringing her friends over from Jetstar. My guess is after hiring her they realised it was a poor fit & have been manouvering behind the scenes to get her out & Jayne would have been holding out for a Kings ransome. A2 appointment likely to be the peak of her career, so need to get the money in the bank. In saying that, her latest photos clearly show the role is taking a toll on her health and the statement says
"whilst also managing the health and wellness priorities of my family and me."

This is an amazing company and this high profile "shock exit" will have premium candidates lining up, if they haven't been doing so in the background. In the meantime ...business as usual in Geoffs' safe pair of hands ... guaranteed this will be no 'surprise' announcement to those in the know .... and the wording may seem rough ..... bet there was more they would like to say.

the boil has been lanced .... onwards and upwards from here ..... opportunity to top up.

stoploss
09-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Time NZ INC backed it's own people into the top CEO roles ..... hasn't worked in multiple businesses and councils ......

tomm
09-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Last bus ...$14.15 ...buy buy buyyy..........

The Cash flow is still there, the strategy is still there, the amazing A2 products is still there...even a better CEO is up. The Sp is temporarily down, opportunities.....
I like it. hahahahah.

Balance
09-12-2019, 10:57 AM

You buying more, tomm?

Wait for ASX to open - then the real action starts.

Key will be the shorters today imo - do they short more or use the opportunity to cover.

Evidence so far is that they are happy keep shorting.

couta1
09-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Well I'm only down 120k on my NZ holding but that could double this arvo with my ASX holding, time to make a nice cup of tea and relax as I've been here many times before. PS-This is great news going forward for the company IMO.

martinchnz1
09-12-2019, 11:10 AM
I took this as a strong buy signal. But each to their own. Reading the investor briefing they reaffirmed the guidance, and looking for a CEO capable of the intense workload expected over the next 3-5 year phase. Much better than Jayne burning out even if you get a slower and longer time to digest her ousting (I mean... Quitting).

RTM
09-12-2019, 11:10 AM

The Cash flow is still there, the strategy is still there, the amazing A2 products is still there...even a better CEO is up. The Sp is temporarily down, opportunities.....
I like it. hahahahah.

Yes Tomm, the amazing A2 products are still there. And if there is a valid health benefit, more and more companies will get into making A2 products. Already seeing this. So while the shenanigans with Jayne and shorters and insiders selling are interesting...ultimately it will come down to the product. And for me... A2 will be a "me to" type of deal. Yep, might well command somewhat of a premium. But maybe not as much or for as long as one would like. Take care holders / buyers.

Beagle
09-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Lets be honest people took a dislike to Jayne when she suddenly sold her shares. Then bringing her friends over from Jetstar. My guess is after hiring her they realised it was a poor fit & have been manouvering behind the scenes to get her out & Jayne would have been holding out for a Kings ransome. A2 appointment likely to be the peak of her career, so need to get the money in the bank. In saying that, her latest photos clearly show the role is taking a toll on her health and the statement says
"whilst also managing the health and wellness priorities of my family and me."

This is an amazing company and this high profile "shock exit" will have premium candidates lining up, if they haven't been doing so in the background. In the meantime ...business as usual in Geoffs' safe pair of hands ... guaranteed this will be no 'surprise' announcement to those in the know .... and the wording may seem rough ..... bet there was more they would like to say.

the boil has been lanced .... onwards and upwards from here ..... opportunity to top up.

Good post. She has a long history of selling her shares as they vest, (did that repeatedly with her Qantas shares).
Hard to come to any other conclusion than she is a very selfish person. As soon as she gets on board she brings over her girlfriends from JetStar, not because they're the best for ATM but because Jayne wants her friends there to featherbed her role and make it as easy as possible so she can have as much fun as possible with her friends.
All she has done is add vast amounts of overhead and cost to the company and started spending (and I quote from one of my previous posts about her), like whole ship load of drunken sailors on shore leave.

She had added nothing to the company and the board need to accept their share of blame in this appalling fiasco. Whatever did being the CEO of a cut price substandard airline with Jethole ever have to do with building a premium brand of milk products anyway ? What skills did she bring to the job ?
What a complete fiasco.

Great to see Geoffrey Babbage back in the job. I have revised my fair value estimate up from $13 to $14 as I see higher eps growth in the years ahead given marketing is likely to far less of a scattergun approach. I hope Geoffrey Babbage gets rid of the other dead wood she brought over from Jethole.

Goodbye Jayne and thanks for nothing.

I've consistently said that while she is there I am not really interested in being a shareholder and its cost me absolutely nothing to be out and I've made more money from other investments in the last 18 months. Now she's gone I'm interested in being a shareholder again. It is crystal clear that I am not the only one unimpressed by her "leadership" and the Board finally had the gonads to do something about it.

bull....
09-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Good post. She has a long history of selling her shares as they vest, (did that repeatedly with her Qantas shares).
Hard to come to any other conclusion than she is a very selfish person. As soon as she gets on board she brings over her girlfriends from JetStar, not because they're the best for ATM but because Jayne wants her friends there to featherbed her role and make it as easy as possible so she can have as much fun as possible with her friends.
All she has done is add vast amounts of overhead and cost to the company and started spending (and I quote from one of my previous posts about her), like whole ship load of drunken sailors on shore leave.

She had added nothing to the company and the board need to accept their share of blame in this appalling fiasco. Whatever did being the CEO of a cut price substandard airline with Jethole ever have to do with building a premium brand of milk products anyway ? What skills did she bring to the job ?
What a complete fiasco.

Great to see Geoffrey Babbage back in the job. I have revised my fair value estimate up from $13 to $14 as I see higher eps growth in the years ahead given marketing is likely to far less of a scattergun approach.

Goodbye Jayne and thanks for nothing.

I've consistently said that while she is there I am not really interested in being a shareholder and its cost me absolutely nothing to be out and I've made more money from other investments in the last 18 months. Now she's gone I'm interested in being a shareholder again. It was clear that I was not the only one unimpressed by her "leadership" and the Board finally had the gonads to do something about it.

totally disagree jane was good , more interested in growing the company than growing the share price is good in my books. as long term you get the share price growth 10 fold

the market agrees otherwise the price would be higher , also the possibility she will dump all her shares soon may put a lid on the price as well as the fact it will take a while to see who the new ceo is. geoff is not a jane otherwise geoff would have kept running the company.

tomm
09-12-2019, 11:22 AM
You buying more, tomm?

Wait for ASX to open - then the real action starts.

Key will be the shorters today imo - do they short more or use the opportunity to cover.

Evidence so far is that they are happy keep shorting.

No, they don't ,shorters covers the Sp will bulls because Ebitda is up and as expected which create strong trend opportunities for Instos and experimence Traders, Shorters are already up and try to press the Sp down from the last AGM, without shorters the Sp should have been 16-17 by now. I expect the Sp will bounce back to 14.30 once ASX open and hanging on from there.

couta1
09-12-2019, 11:22 AM
totally disagree jane was good , more interested in growing the company than growing the share price is good in my books. as long term you get the share price growth 10 fold

the market agrees otherwise the price would be higher Come on bull you know better than most that the market is Schizophrenic in nature and action. PS-Im actually feeling really excited about the company again with this latest development.

bull....
09-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Come on bull you know better than most that the market is Schizophrenic in nature and action. PS-Im actually feeling really excited about the company again with this latest development.

depends who they hire .. geoff is no jane

Balance
09-12-2019, 11:29 AM
No, they don't ,shorters covers the Sp will bulls because Ebitda is up and as expected which create strong trend opportunities for Instos and experimence Traders, I expect the Sp will bounce back to 14.30 once ASX open and hanging on from there.

Tomm, 2 things :

1. Always put your money where your mouth is - that’s how you build credibility.

2. Have you seen the shorting data? You must not or we are reading the same data differently.

couta1
09-12-2019, 11:29 AM
depends who they hire .. geoff is no jane Dead right there ,Geoff made the company whilst Jayne did diddly squat.

allfromacell
09-12-2019, 11:33 AM
The Board considers it is appropriate for the Company to target an EBITDA margin of at least 30% in the medium term. We consider this can be achieved without detriment to the opportunity to capture our desired long term market position in China and USA.
It’s now my pleasure to hand over to Geoff Babidge

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345657

tomm
09-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Tomm, 2 things :

1. Always put your money where your mouth is - that’s how you build credibility.

2. Have you seen the shorting data? You must not or we are reading the same data differently.

Yes, I am :)
Sp is only down when there are bears trend together with shorters attack but not since the last AGM.
Shorters covers the Sp will bulls because Ebitda is up and as expected which create strong trend opportunities for Instos and experimence Traders, Shorters are already up and try to press the Sp down from the last AGM, without shorters the Sp should have been 16-17 by now. I expect the Sp will bounce back to 14.30 once ASX open and hanging on from there.

tipsy
09-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Good decision to cut the cancer out early, you don't wanna let that spread.

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 11:36 AM
depends who they hire .. geoff is no jane
In the announcement they stated new appointment hoped by 2019 - 2020. My intuition tells me they already have someone lined up

freddagg
09-12-2019, 11:46 AM
As long as the price is moving, up or down, there is money to be made.

Beagle
09-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Geoffrey Babbage is back and refreshed and energised. That's fantastic.
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/ATM/345657/313600.pdf

Beagle
09-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Good decision to cut the cancer out early, you don't wanna let that spread.

Exactly !!!

tomm
09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Just sold what I bought this morning and if ASX doesn't accept it , I will buy again :)

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Good decision to cut the cancer out early, you don't wanna let that spread.Nothing worse for moral than hard working employees seeing 'mates' being bought in from outside straight into the top jobs.

Positively, excited about today's announcement. The way this rollercoaster operates we could end up at the end of the day. Well done to those who topped up in the dip.

waterboy
09-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Exactly !!!

and Geoff back in charge in the interim, they will be a lot more careful with future appointments.

bull....
09-12-2019, 12:20 PM
its way overpriced and there lost there way now janes gone

Beagle
09-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Nothing worse for moral than hard working employees seeing 'mates' being bought in from outside straight into the top jobs.

Quite possibly that was her undoing. Did she follow the proper protocol with hiring key senior executives of a thorough and independent evaluation of internal and external candidates to ascertain who was truly the best for the role ? I'd suggest she didn't and what she did hiring her mates effectivly amounts to an abuse of power.

rooster
09-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Peter Nathan current APAC CEO would be the perfect candidate for the job of CEO IMO.

Been there since the early days with Geoff, from Freedom Foods. Good communicator. Knows his stuff;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXiugUkBDw

Beagle
09-12-2019, 12:23 PM

I call Bull on that. Geoff built this company up from nothing. Now he's back he can rebuild it even further. They've found their way again and are not lost at all.
Still a bit overpriced, I agree on that.

bull....
09-12-2019, 12:24 PM
margins under pressure the board has just insinuated it in there brief. we will focus on our cost control to maintain margin

couta1
09-12-2019, 12:26 PM
its way overpriced and there lost there way now janes gone You really are full of bull**** bull.

bull....
09-12-2019, 12:26 PM
I call Bull on that. Geoff built this company up from nothing. Now he's back he can rebuild it even further. They've found their way again and are not lost at all.
Still a bit overpriced, I agree on that.

yes geoff built the company but hes not skilled in what jane does , thats why he handed the reins over. hes in tempoary as a lifesaver for the share price only

Beagle
09-12-2019, 12:28 PM
margins under pressure the board has just insinuated it in there brief. we will focus on our cost control to maintain margin

Margin's under pressure because of Jayne's reckless spending and hiring all her mates at ridiculous salaries.
Once you get rid of Jayne and her dead wood mates and trim some of her scattergun approach marketing it will all come right and the company can get back to growing eps faster under proper leadership. Anyone who hasn't noticed eps growth dramatically slowing under Jayne's leadership must have been living under a rock for 18 months !!
The board have moved decisively to cut the cancer out and restore eps growth for shareholders. Good on them !!
I am sure Geoff will waste no time cutting the remaining cancer out, (Jayne's girlfriends).
I'd say this is a very exciting day for shareholders and the best news in the last 2 years !

bull....
09-12-2019, 12:28 PM
You really are full of bull**** bull.

i told you to be careful last week piggies get slaughtered and hello couta down 120k in a week. think your be needing something stronger than a glass of a2 tonight

couta1
09-12-2019, 12:29 PM
margins under pressure the board has just insinuated it in there brief. we will focus on our cost control to maintain margin Lesson in marketing 101 for you bull, dont spend unnecessary money on marketing where word of mouth can do the same job for you for nothing.

winner69
09-12-2019, 12:31 PM
At least Geoff rejoins with a2 on a forward looking PE much the same as it was when he left

bull....
09-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Margin's under pressure because of Jayne's reckless spending and hiring all her mates at ridiculous salaries.
Once you get rid of Jayne and her dead wood mates and trim some of her scattergun approach marketing it will all come right and the company can get back to growing eps faster under proper leadership. Anyone who hasn't noticed eps growth dramatically slowing under Jayne's leadership must have been living under a rock for 18 months !!
The board have moved decisively to cut the cancer out and restore eps growth for shareholders. Good on them !!
I am sure Geoff will waste no time cutting the remaining cancer out, (Jayne's girlfriends).

jane was spending money for long term growth. the boards doing anything it can to maintain short term growth bad bad bad in the long run the nestle will out spend them and take market share long term

Beagle
09-12-2019, 12:33 PM
yes geoff built the company but hes not skilled in what jane does , thats why he handed the reins over. hes in tempoary as a lifesaver for the share price only

He's getting old, is why he handed the role over and needed a break after so many years working his butt off for shareholders. Jethole has a truly appalling track record for customer satisfaction...what would the CEO of such a poor company possibly know about building a premium brand !!
He's back and freshly energised after a lengthy break. Those are the best words shareholders can possibly hope to read. Back to disciplined strong growth is eps.

tipsy
09-12-2019, 12:36 PM
David Hearn not ruling out the return of the CMO. Says it all really.

tomm
09-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Ebitda is up and as expected which create strong trend opportunities for Instos and experimence Traders, Shorters are already up and try to press the Sp down from the last AGM, without shorters the Sp should have been 16-17 by now. I expect the Sp will bounce back to 14.30 once ASX open and hanging on from there. We even have an experimence top CEO.. ohh good old Geoffrey ... I love it .

peat
09-12-2019, 12:51 PM
I reckon this adds to the picture
Babbidge said
"I recognise the positive changes that Jayne has brought to thebusiness and will continue to pursue the strategies and plans developed bymanagement and agreed by the board,” he said.

I'd read that as her NOT adhering to the strategies and plans developed by management and board. Probably reading too much but the comparison is so clear.

couta1
09-12-2019, 12:53 PM
i told you to be careful last week piggies get slaughtered and hello couta down 120k in a week. think your be needing something stronger than a glass of a2 tonight Actually 160k now but it's all academic as it's only on paper and I'm very well seasoned for these situations, in fact I just shake my head at the panic merchants and laugh(No offense meant to you Balance) You got lucky with your piggy call as you had no idea that today's news was coming. PS-I will most likely have my regular glass of A2 with Canterbury Cream added as per normal.

zgnz
09-12-2019, 12:59 PM

Yup. The board taking back control.

Would like to see a younger, more dynamic leader (with some digital marketing experience) take the CEO role eventually. A2 need to start leveraging influencer marketing/social media better in the US roll out, imo.

alex f
09-12-2019, 01:03 PM
They have plenty of cash to entice a top notch CEO.
How many shares does Jayne hold and might bail on ?

tipsy
09-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Yup. The board taking back control.

Would like to see a younger, more dynamic leader (with some digital marketing experience) take the CEO role eventually. A2 need to start leveraging influencer marketing/social media better in the US roll out, imo.

True! Did the CMO role ever get filled? No doubt Jayne was lining up one of her mates from Jetstar.

silu
09-12-2019, 01:24 PM
After reading and listening carefully this morning after being angry and upset has calmed me a bit and I've come to the conclusion that most likely the Board and the CEO had a huge falling out. The Board has certainly listened to a couple of major NZ instos here who did not agree with how the company was run internally. I still believe that Jayne's strategy is the way forward for ATM but has let herself down in the execution perhaps. Geoff has done wonderful things for this company but personally I'm not a 100% convinced that he is the right person for the next stage of A2 world domination. He probably knows that too so he was happy to fill in the interim.

In the meantime I'm keeping my ears on the ground if this is just the start of more bad news to come or if it wast just a complete breakdown in relations at the top and the wound has been cauterized and we can move forward.

macduffy
09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Geoff has done wonderful things for this company but personally I'm not a 100% convinced that he is the right person for the next stage of A2 world domination.

I wouldn't be expecting "world domination". It's a very fragmented market nowadays, even at the A2 level.

Blue Skies
09-12-2019, 01:37 PM
I see just over a week ago, on Thurs 28 Nov, shorters suddenly jumped from 8.17% to 9.06%.
Rumours of things breaking down, insto's discontent or just coincidence?

dompf
09-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Never a dull moment with a2 market didn’t like Jayne; hopefully a bounce back is on the cards the company is still in line to meet its profit. :-)

Baa_Baa
09-12-2019, 01:50 PM

Ha ha, shorter quote of the day. Cracking stuff bull, keep up the laughs.

tomm
09-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Ha ha, shorter quote of the day. Cracking stuff bull, keep up the laughs.

LOL you tell them mate...hahahaha

winner69
09-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Jayne going and her boots being filled by a ‘well respected and very conservative, elderly statesman’ (quote on this thread)

Maybe foretelling Jacinda leaving next year with her boots being filled by Michael Cullen

tomm
09-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I think she got an extra roles with another while being CEO , I read an article a week ago. and the Board is not happy about that because she can't focus on her job 100%.
off...you ..go... :)

couta1
09-12-2019, 02:28 PM
We need the room swept clean here so all Jaynes Jetstar hires need to go also.

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 02:29 PM
I think she got an extra roles with another while being CEO , I read an article a week ago. and the Board is not happy about that because she can't focus on her job 100%.
off...you ..go... :)especially with the Tennis season just underway .... more time for Jayne to focus on her roles as chair & president of Tennis Australia

Beagle
09-12-2019, 02:30 PM
We need the room swept clean here so all Jaynes Jetstar hires need to go also.

Yes absolutely. Get rid of all the non performing dead wood in one foul swoop. Geoff won't muck around, not the sort of guy to suffer fools lightly and knows there's a mess to sweep up and will get onto the job very quickly. Could have a slight effect on FY20 profitability with more confidential severance packages but very healthy for the long term performance of the company for them to be gone.

Ggcc
09-12-2019, 02:30 PM
off...you ..go... :)
Interesting.... This would smell like greed to me. I agree with the board if that would be the case. If you are at the top, you should not focus on other things at the same time, it is impossible to run two businesses at the same time with one being the scale of ATM

Beagle
09-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Jayne's top priority has always been Jayne, in my opinion.

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 02:39 PM
It is not easy to get rid of employees, I am sure there has been plenty of behind the scenes strategy before this hit the headlines. The decisions are made well before the decisions are announced. Contingencies will be well planned and now the execution of that plans are underway.

Would have been more alarming if Jayne had surprisingly announced she was going and leaving them scrambling for cover, this is clearly not the case.

Rest assured, nothing builds a team stronger and faster than event such as this. The focus will be sharpened and resolute, results will follow.

Southern_Belle
09-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Jayne's top priority has always been Jayne, in my opinion.Bang on ...

Chanchay
09-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Jayne's top priority has always been Jayne, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. Good Riddance.

A poor expensive hire. The whole board need to take a look at themselves and learn what they needed to ask back then to avoid this situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

It really riles me they use confidentiality as an escape of accountability to shareholders. Millions donated to hrdlickas slush fund for her departure from Jetstar all for 18 months subpar work.

Ah well, onwards and upwards for atm. May have dodged a bullet, glad babidge is back. Maybe he'll decide to stay on. The pay may have improved from when he was in the job ?

carrom74
09-12-2019, 02:59 PM
We have just hit the 1000th page in this thread. Have learnt from all posters whom have contributed a lot of worthwhile insights.just for the record, I got it right(for once) and sold all two weeks ago. I swear Jayne didn’t tell me she is leaving!

couta1
09-12-2019, 03:10 PM
We have just hit the 1000th page in this thread. Have learnt from all posters whom have contributed a lot of worthwhile insights.just for the record, I got it right(for once) and sold all two weeks ago. I swear Jayne didn’t tell me she is leaving! Time to think about buying back in given this unique out of the blue opportunity, once the market realizes that the company is actually in a better position now than last week I'm not expecting the price to stay down for too long.

tomm
09-12-2019, 03:14 PM
especially with the Tennis season just underway .... more time for Jayne to focus on her roles as chair & president of Tennis Australia
Spot on there mate. She took the role while doing a job at A2. This is not acceptable. The Board is exceptional spot on.

okay
09-12-2019, 03:17 PM
I always wondered what Jane brought to the table. We already had a very competent CMO, and that "seemed" to be Jane's go to "strategy" area. I wonder if those two had a falling out recently also?
I know Jane was originally from the USA so (giving the benefit of the doubt), thought maybe she might have had contacts and might bring some use in that department, but it seems travel was not her forte either.
The cynical side of me thinks she wanted a part time CEO role on full time plus plus perks, and the Board, (probably after hearing from disgruntled management that were there long before her) have said enough is enough.
Other than the initial shock factor, I am not displeased with her moving on, I just hope the Board has learnt from this recruitment and will do a better job next time.

Beagle
09-12-2019, 03:48 PM
It is not easy to get rid of employees, I am sure there has been plenty of behind the scenes strategy before this hit the headlines. The decisions are made well before the decisions are announced. Contingencies will be well planned and now the execution of that plans are underway.

Would have been more alarming if Jayne had surprisingly announced she was going and leaving them scrambling for cover, this is clearly not the case.

Rest assured, nothing builds a team stronger and faster than event such as this. The focus will be sharpened and resolute, results will follow.

Couldn't agree more. Good Riddance.

A poor expensive hire. The whole board need to take a look at themselves and learn what they needed to ask back then to avoid this situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

It really riles me they use confidentiality as an escape of accountability to shareholders. Millions donated to hrdlickas slush fund for her departure from Jetstar all for 18 months subpar work.

Ah well, onwards and upwards for atm. May have dodged a bullet, glad babidge is back. Maybe he'll decide to stay on. The pay may have improved from when he was in the job ?

I always wondered what Jane brought to the table. We already had a very competent CMO, and that "seemed" to be Jane's go to "strategy" area. I wonder if those two had a falling out recently also?
I know Jane was originally from the USA so (giving the benefit of the doubt), thought maybe she might have had contacts and might bring some use in that department, but it seems travel was not her forte either.
The cynical side of me thinks she wanted a part time CEO role on full time plus plus perks, and the Board, (probably after hearing from disgruntled management that were there long before her) have said enough is enough.
Other than the initial shock factor, I am not displeased with her moving on, I just hope the Board has learnt from this recruitment and will do a better job next time.

I couldn't agree more. Putting it plain and simple, shareholders have been milked right from the start to the end. I am sure this has been in the works for many months before today's announcement and she would have negotiated a multi million dollar exit package after engaging top calibre employment lawyers to milk the company to the maximum possible extent. She's done nothing but throw money at additional staff placements and thrown money around like water at extra marketing.
An unmitigated fiasco from beginning to end.