PDA

View Full Version : ATM - A2 Milk Corporation Limited

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

gbogo
02-03-2020, 06:49 PM
“ In recent weeks the Chinese Government has advised its citizens that they should consume the equivalent of 300 ml of milk per day to help with their immune systems. If Chinese citizens tried to do this there would be a huge shortage of dairy products which neither China nor New Zealand could fill.”

https://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/2020/03/01/the-covid-19-black-swans-keep-bearing-down/

see weed
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Holding up well today for a highly volatile stock, this thing will fly once this virus thing subsides. PS-I note A2 gave the middle finger to the Coronavirus today on the ASX.
Very quiet around here today. It may of held up very well yesterday but did a lot better today, and not a peep out of all the down players:confused:. Is every body happy..(the shareholders),you bet ya life we are:t_up:. Closed up 40c today, and a2m in Auss was up 57c. a2m went up 23c after our close at 5pm. I wonder if it had anything to do with all the sp upgrades lately. Aussi close A$16.13c which = about NZ$16.79c:eek2:. $17 just around the corner? Or just another dead pussy cat:scared:?

dobby41
04-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Or just another dead pussy cat:scared:?

Dogs will be happy that the cats are getting such a thrashing. ;)

bull....
04-03-2020, 08:48 AM
Very quiet around here today. It may of held up very well yesterday but did a lot better today, and not a peep out of all the down players:confused:. Is every body happy..(the shareholders),you bet ya life we are:t_up:. Closed up 40c today, and a2m in Auss was up 57c. a2m went up 23c after our close at 5pm. I wonder if it had anything to do with all the sp upgrades lately. Aussi close A$16.13c which = about NZ$16.79c:eek2:. $17 just around the corner? Or just another dead pussy cat:scared:?

i actually brought a2 on the asx at 15.13 on monday afternoon for the bounce as well as air and sold all yesterday. i only want to trade in this environment not hold but a2 is holding up very well at the moment.

tomm
04-03-2020, 09:57 AM
Expecting a dip today, US and AUS selling off last night.

Muppett
04-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Holding up well today for a highly volatile stock, this thing will fly once this virus thing subsides. PS-I note A2 gave the middle finger to the Coronavirus today on the ASX.

When the coronavirus is over the landscape will be different.

If the virus is good for ATM now, when it's over will it still be?

Hoping it flys anytime, sooner rather than later.

tomm
04-03-2020, 12:07 PM
2nd case for CoronaVirus has just confirmed in NZ 5 mins ago.
Not talking about cases which the hospitals refused to test.

dr_
04-03-2020, 12:28 PM
DOW 3500pts shaded...Red of seas & lovey A2 is ridding good :cool:

cymonger
04-03-2020, 12:46 PM
I just keep buying in the 15s and selling in the 16s. It's been one of my most lucrative weeks ever. I expect lots of crazy volatility as opposed to a full on crash. Trump will do ANYTHING to keep the stock market elevated, including lying to the American Public, slashing rates (via bullying the Fed) and having his media Confederates such as Rush Limbaugh keep calling the virus a hoax. The future remains to be seen, bit I expect a lot of these crazy days to continue.

tomm
04-03-2020, 12:59 PM
I bow my head to this ATM stocks !
Seems the more virus the more it will coat another layer of gold on top of this gold liquor.

couta1
04-03-2020, 01:40 PM
I just keep buying in the 15s and selling in the 16s. It's been one of my most lucrative weeks ever. I expect lots of crazy volatility as opposed to a full on crash. Trump will do ANYTHING to keep the stock market elevated, including lying to the American Public, slashing rates (via bullying the Fed) and having his media Confederates such as Rush Limbaugh keep calling the virus a hoax. The future remains to be seen, bit I expect a lot of these crazy days to continue. Yep good week last week and this week excepting my holding was only half the size this week ,ended up with the same avg sale price of $16.75 for both weeks, kiwi dollar weaker today so the price up in comparison.

Sideshow Bob
04-03-2020, 01:40 PM
https://www.nutraingredients-asia.com/Article/2020/03/02/Strong-growth-in-China-but-COVID-19-brings-uncertainty-to-demand-and-supply-chain-a2-Milk?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=04-Mar-2020

Strong growth in China but COVID-19 brings uncertainty to demand and supply chain: a2 Milk (https://www.nutraingredients-asia.com/Article/2020/03/02/Strong-growth-in-China-but-COVID-19-brings-uncertainty-to-demand-and-supply-chain-a2-Milk?utm_source=copyright&utm_medium=OnSite&utm_campaign=copyright)

dreamcatcher
04-03-2020, 02:29 PM
DOW showing 26104 currently up 190 points from this mornings ..........

BlackPeter
04-03-2020, 02:43 PM
2nd case for CoronaVirus has just confirmed in NZ 5 mins ago.
Not talking about cases which the hospitals refused to test.

Correct. Both cases in the North Island. Time to isolate the island and cut the ties - we don't want the virus!

As well - both cases introduced by Kiwis. Stop them coming back ...

tomm
04-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Correct. Both cases in the North Island. Time to isolate the island and cut the ties - we don't want the virus!

As well - both cases introduced by Kiwis. Stop them coming back ...
The Aussie says: If I am not worry then Nz has nothing to worry about for this stock. LOL

tomm
04-03-2020, 03:29 PM
Weekly Reports (https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/financial-news/weekly-reports/) | Feb 17 2020
Upgraded
THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED ((A2M)) Upgrade to Buy from Sell by Citi .B/H/S: 3/2/1
Citi has decided it's time for a double-whammy upgrade; to Buy from Sell. The move is explained by the fact Citi analysts now see upside to forecasts for H2 on the back of the coronavirus outbreak. They note their ebitda forecast for FY20 sits 17% above market consensus presently.
Evidence, albeit anecdotal, that consumers have begun stockpiling essential items, including infant formula, underpins Citi's positive view. While this essentially pulls forward future sales, the analysts are not deterred and anticipate positive impact short-term.
Target price jumps 18% to $17.45 on increased forecasts.

couta1
04-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Weekly Reports (https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/financial-news/weekly-reports/) | Feb 17 2020
Upgraded
THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED ((A2M)) Upgrade to Buy from Sell by Citi .B/H/S: 3/2/1
Citi has decided it's time for a double-whammy upgrade; to Buy from Sell. The move is explained by the fact Citi analysts now see upside to forecasts for H2 on the back of the coronavirus outbreak. They note their ebitda forecast for FY20 sits 17% above market consensus presently.
Evidence, albeit anecdotal, that consumers have begun stockpiling essential items, including infant formula, underpins Citi's positive view. While this essentially pulls forward future sales, the analysts are not deterred and anticipate positive impact short-term.
Target price jumps 18% to $17.45 on increased forecasts. Old news tomm and I wouldnt give Citi the time of day, notorious players.

tomm
04-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Old news tomm and I wouldnt give Citi the time of day, notorious players.

A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M)

According to a note out of UBS, its analysts have retained their buy rating and lifted the price target on this infant formula company's shares to NZ$18.50 (A$17.69). The broker was impressed with a2 Milk Company's half year results, which came in a head of its expectations. It was also pleased to see stronger than forecast margins, despite the U.S. fresh milk business posting a larger than expected loss. I agree with UBS and would be a buyer of a2 Milk Company's shares.

couta1
04-03-2020, 03:42 PM
A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M)

According to a note out of UBS, its analysts have retained their buy rating and lifted the price target on this infant formula company's shares to NZ$18.50 (A$17.69). The broker was impressed with a2 Milk Company's half year results, which came in a head of its expectations. It was also pleased to see stronger than forecast margins, despite the U.S. fresh milk business posting a larger than expected loss. I agree with UBS and would be a buyer of a2 Milk Company's shares. Mate Citi and UBS are pump and dumpers and then rinse and repeat.Lol

tomm
04-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Mate Citi and UBS are pump and dumpers and then rinse and repeat.Lol
Last time they pushed the price up due to what they said.
I also think , where do investors put money after sell off those are effected by the virus. They search and will start to choose the golden liquor's shares ATM .

dreamcatcher
04-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Upgraded
Target price jumps 18% to $17.45 on increased forecasts.

While Citi's positive HUMBLE PIE analysis is welcomed its possibly still $2.00 SHY of many others............:t_up:

couta1
04-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Last time they pushed the price up due to what they said. Then dumped and pushed the price down, for sure use them to your advantage but dont trust them.

tomm
04-03-2020, 04:09 PM
Then dumped and pushed the price down, for sure use them to your advantage but dont trust them.
You reckon ATM will make ASX50 this time?
Being said so, ATM will make ATH soon or later.

couta1
04-03-2020, 04:13 PM
You reckon ATM will make ASX50 this time?
Being said so, ATM will make ATH soon or later. Yes forgot about that, it's a complicated calculation so not sure, it will in due course if not this time.

tomm
04-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Yes forgot about that, it's a complicated calculation so not sure, it will in due course if not this time.
If ATM can hold in this situations and shorters are down, there are no reasons for it not to , only go up to meet target.

couta1
04-03-2020, 04:26 PM
If ATM can hold in this situations and shorters are down, there are no reasons for it not to , only go up to meet target. Well that's the thing who's target is it going to meet, there are so many of them, best to have your own target for it to meet.PS-ATM NZX up more today due to our weaker dollar.

tomm
04-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Well that's the thing who's target is it going to meet, there are so many of them, best to have your own target for it to meet.PS-ATM NZX up more today due to our weaker dollar.
I am looking at the ASX and A2M is punching throught.

couta1
05-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Had to grab some back first up this morning after being all out yesterday, should be a good arvo but I will be waiting for the Friday profit takers to arrive as per normal.

winner69
05-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Beagles $14.06 doomsday number seems unlikely now?

Gerald
05-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Beagles $14.06 doomsday number seems unlikely now?

Curb your expectations :)

Okay so here is my Christmas list assuming a deep bear market all year and my indicative target prices

ATM $8 (has been there before, massive hype built into the current stretched PE)

couta1
05-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Beagles $14.06 doomsday number seems unlikely now? Beagle doesnt understand how stocks like this one move and shake, along with a certain other hound on here who reckoned it was only worth $3 odd, perhaps he has revised his valuation slightly by now. Lol

tomm
05-03-2020, 11:08 AM
beagle doesnt understand how stocks like this one move and shake, along with a certain other hound on here who reckoned it was only worth $3 odd, perhaps he has revised his valuation slightly by now. Lol
as stated , $15.20 became history and hence the birds lost its voice and stop tweeting... and I still speak in the same language hahaha Lol

tomm
05-03-2020, 11:14 AM
Had to grab some back first up this morning after being all out yesterday, should be a good arvo but I will be waiting for the Friday profit takers to arrive as per normal.
Beware, it has been changed for the last 3 consecutive Friday's, UP not down as usual.

couta1
05-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Beware, it has been changed for the last 3 consecutive Friday's, UP not down as usual. It will have a dip sometime over the next few trading days as sure as the sun will rise.

tomm
05-03-2020, 12:01 PM
It will have a dip sometime over the next few trading days as sure as the sun will rise.
An Eclipse is coming LOL

couta1
05-03-2020, 01:27 PM
An Eclipse is coming LOL Watch the profits takers arrive, they wont be able to resist themselves at theses levels and good on them.

tomm
05-03-2020, 01:29 PM
Watch the profits takers arrive, they wont be able to resist themselves at theses levels and good on them.
hahah truth, and are you one of them? I am... soon... hahahah
GAP is at 41.5% ( haven't seen this level for a while)

couta1
05-03-2020, 01:46 PM
hahah truth, and are you one of them? I am... soon... hahahah
GAP is at 41.5% ( haven't seen this level for a while) Nah I bought some back this morning but they went just after Aussie open, I'm very weary of buying anything but a token amount(For me) at these levels at a time to play with, been burnt before buying too many back too early.

Oberon
05-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Flying a little too high to jump back in. Bought too high in the past before. But, I have no doubt A2 will present an opportunity as it always does. The big boys are moving it up for their own benefit. Can't imagine it'll be too long before they push it back down for another round.

Definitely a time to take profits.

tomm
05-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Flying a little too high to jump back in. Bought too high in the past before. But, I have no doubt A2 will present an opportunity as it always does. The big boys are moving it up for their own benefit. Can't imagine it'll be too long before they push it back down for another round.

Definitely a time to take profits.
I reckon it's a setup. With Sp may go a bit higher but then ....

couta1
05-03-2020, 02:10 PM

Definitely a time to take profits. Pump n Dump in an uncertain and volatile market by the big boy players.

Leftfield
05-03-2020, 02:54 PM
$NZ 17.00 done and dusted.

Inclusion in ASX 50 likely at next update around 20 March........ maybe that will help lift the SP above $18.00.

tomm
05-03-2020, 02:57 PM

Inclusion in ASX 50 likely at next update around 20 March........ maybe that will help lift the SP above $18.00.
In the mean time.........

couta1
05-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Inclusion in ASX 50 likely at next update around 20 March........ maybe that will help lift the SP above $18.00. I wouldn't be certain about either of the above, very likely to test $17 over the next few trading days, inclusion would be great but it's not straight forward.

Leftfield
05-03-2020, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be certain about either of the above, very likely to test $17 over the next few trading days, inclusion would be great but it's not straight forward.

As the saying goes..... the only certainty is death, taxes and more fluctuations in the A2 SP.

allfromacell
05-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Don't forget we were trading higher than this several months ago with less growth baked in, less cash plus a controversial big spending CEO at the helm. We've now got Geoffrey back, Susan staying on plus China returning to normal.

The virus is definitely a net benefit white swan event for a2 milk. The perfect amount of disruption to cause some panic and remind the Chinese public there is good reason to source their babies nutrition from abroad but not too long lasting to cause grave economic damage.

China label growth to increase again next year perhaps? Market share 8%? These things wouldn't surprise me, be careful trying to trade this stock.

tomm
06-03-2020, 09:19 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12314238

The Health system and the goverment's system in New zealand are too bureaucratic . The top person is not more than a dump head and only passing to another person and then passing ... avoiding responsbility.
Corona Virus is now a threat to the country.
The doctors were exposed and keep working with others patients all days. The nurses and the others people( 25-30) in the waiting room with that lady are not informed to have protective gears nor test to confirm for precautions. They only found out on the news.
People with sickness the only thing they want is to see a doctor not some signage and in a waiting room.
FOURTH CONFIRMED CASE AND THIS PERSON WENT TO 2 MEDICALS CLINICS ( WESTGATE MEDICAL CENTRE AND THE OTHER)
She went through the emergency clinic all days without mask. The doctors are now on 16 days leave.
As far as I know the clinics are not sterilized yet so far and people still keep coming. And the nurses are going home from those clinics after works.
The infected is still at home ( self isolated) and the husband is now infected also.
TAKE THEM AWAY FOR ISOLATIONS PLEASE. LOOK AFTER THEIR KIDS.
Imaging this city is in lock down...... !!!

IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THOSE GOLD CARD MEMBERS LOL.

TobyPascoe92
06-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Think we are in for a bumpy ride today!

BlackPeter
06-03-2020, 09:39 AM

The Health system and the goverment's system in New zealand are too bureaucratic . The top person is not more than a dump head and only passing to another person and then passing ... avoiding responsbility.
The doctors were exposed and keep working with others patients all days. The nurses and the others people( 25-30) in the waiting room with that lady are not informed to have protective gears nor test to confirm for precautions. They only found out on the news.
People with sickness the only thing they want is to see a doctor not some signage and in a waiting room.
FOURTH CONFIRMED CASE AND THIS PERSON WENT TO 2 MEDICALS CLINICS ( WESTGATE MEDICAL CENTRE AND THE OTHER)
She went through the emergency clinic all days without mask. The doctors are now on 16 days leave.
As far as I know the clinics are not sterilized yet so far and people still keep coming. And the nurses are going home from those clinics after works.
The infected is still at home ( self isolated) and the husband is now infected also.

Just take a breath. No need for shouting.

The article is an example of irresponsible reporting - pity to see the NZ Herald dropping down to this level, this used to be at some stage a newspaper still putting pride into their reports. It looks like that speed, rumor spreading and sensationalism is now more important for them than thorough research.

Health Experts agree that the risk to be infected by somebody who does not show symptoms is extremely low. No need to panic for anybody. As per MoH information the virus spreads through droplets - i.e. the infected person must be already sick and have a cough. None of the people who had contact with this patient show so far any symptoms and they are isolated now. Highly unlikely anybody else got infected through them.

Have a look through the MoH website before you keep spreading irresponsible rumors (even if they are based on click bait of what used to be a good newspaper).

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public

Your post is a great example for somebody shouting "FIRE" in a stadium full of people and creating that way a panic. Much more likely that people will die from the resulting stampede than being killed from a fire which may or may not exist. It is irresponsible posts like your which make social media that bad.

Always a good rule to switch on the brain before pressing the "post" button.

couta1
06-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Think we are in for a bumpy ride today! I've been waiting for this, I knew it was coming.:D

dreamcatcher
06-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Looks like the Yanks DOW have cottoned on to how profitable this upsy downsy game can be today up tomorrow down WOW PROFITABLE eh!

tomm
06-03-2020, 10:05 AM
I've been waiting for this, I knew it was coming.:D
Here we come the roller coasterss...... How low you reckon Couta ?

tomm
06-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Just take a breath. No need for shouting.

The article is an example of irresponsible reporting - pity to see the NZ Herald dropping down to this level, this used to be at some stage a newspaper still putting pride into their reports. It looks like that speed, rumor spreading and sensationalism is now more important for them than thorough research.

Health Experts agree that the risk to be infected by somebody who does not show symptoms is extremely low. No need to panic for anybody. As per MoH information the virus spreads through droplets - i.e. the infected person must be already sick and have a cough. None of the people who had contact with this patient show so far any symptoms and they are isolated now. Highly unlikely anybody else got infected through them.

Have a look through the MoH website before you keep spreading irresponsible rumors (even if they are based on click bait of what used to be a good newspaper).

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-health-advice-general-public

Your post is a great example for somebody shouting "FIRE" in a stadium full of people and creating that way a panic. Much more likely that people will die from the resulting stampede than being killed from a fire which may or may not exist. It is irresponsible posts like your which make social media that bad.

Always a good rule to switch on the brain before pressing the "post" button.
Health Experts said exactly the same things in Italia, S.Korean, Germany, Japan, France... You must follow Viet Nam : quarantine all of them at the moment they arrive at the border. Viet nam had 16 cases and stop there. This Govt is incompetent.
The goverment forgot to mention that this infected lady went to a cheer leading party which involved more than 1000 people and she was in charged of handling out the food at a store.
Just confirmed a person whom was in the waiting room at a clinic with her is also infected ( the news paper took it down right away after 2 mins). Now the whole clinic is in lockdown , happenned right in the middle of AUCKLAND.
Wondering why they haven't test her 2 kids ???
She took the kids to school , sitting in the same car, eating the same food, using the same bathroom...

Ted2
06-03-2020, 10:36 AM

IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THOSE GOLD CARD MEMBERS LOL.

And this is in the A2 thread for what reason? Maybe you should start a 'LET'S PANIC - THE WORLD IS ENDING' thread for this stuff!

tomm
06-03-2020, 10:37 AM
And this is in the A2 thread for what reason?
AUCKLAND where Synlait producing A2MILK where the Ports and Airport exporting the products are.
Imagine this city is in lock down!

BlackPeter
06-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Health Experts said exactly the same things in Italia, S.Korean, Germany... You must follow Viet Nam : quarantine all of them at the moment they arrive at the border. Viet nam had 16 cases and stop there.
The goverment forgot to mention that this infected lady went to a cheer leading party which involved more than 1000 people and she was in charged of handling out the food a store.
Just confirmed a person whom was in the waiting room at a clinic with her is also infected ( the news paper took it down right away after 2 mins). Now the whole clinic is in lockdown , happenned right in the middle of AUCKLAND.

Pity you are spreading the hype everywhere - this is not even the right thread. Very irresponsible and reckless.

Your command of English is unfortunately that bad that I don't quite understand what other rumors you intend to spread, but as I indicated this is not the right thread for them anyway.

Any crisis brings out the best and the worst of people. Your choice on which side you want to stand.

Personally - shall put you on ignore - life is too short to waste it;

tomm
06-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Pity you are spreading the hype everywhere - this is not even the right thread. Very irresponsible and reckless.

Your command of English is unfortunately that bad that I don't quite understand what other rumors you intend to spread, but as I indicated this is not the right thread for them anyway.

Any crisis brings out the best and the worst of people. Your choice on which side you want to stand.

Personally - shall put you on ignore - life is too short to waste it;
As I said it is hapenning in AUCKLAND where Synlait produce A2 Milk and where the Ports and Airports to exports the products are.

BigBob
06-03-2020, 11:03 AM
As I said it is hapenning in AUCKLAND where Synlait produce A2 Milk and where the Ports and Airports to exports the products are.

Synlait do not produce A2 milk for A2MC in Auckland and they mostly export from elsewhere...

Please take your scaremongering to another thread....

Ted2
06-03-2020, 11:22 AM

I concur with Bob! FYI - Synlait's plant is in Dunsandel / Rakaia - which FYI - is in the South Island - which FYI - is nowhere near Auckland. And I think Lord Geoff stated they're air-freighting plenty of the stuff!
But hey - you're getting your post numbers up............... :)

tomm
06-03-2020, 12:36 PM
I concur with Bob! FYI - Synlait's plant is in Dunsandel / Rakaia - which FYI - is in the South Island - which FYI - is nowhere near Auckland. And I think Lord Geoff stated they're air-freighting plenty of the stuff!
But hey - you're getting your post numbers up............... :)
Where is POKENO dud!

winner69
06-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Where is POKENO dud!

Somewhere between Auckland and Hamilton I believe

In the film Goodbye Pork Pie they stole petrol from the Pokeno gas station

44wishlists
06-03-2020, 01:07 PM
Oh well, please keep shouting tomm. Looks like more you shout, the higher the SP. Currently trading on NZX at NZD1743. Thank you!

Disc. picked up another handful at opening this morning.

winner69
06-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Oh well, please keep shouting tomm. Looks like more you shout, the higher the SP. Currently trading on NZX at NZD1743. Thank you!

Disc. picked up another handful at opening this morning.

Tomm must be trying to buy back those he sold last week in a panic

BlackPeter
06-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Tomm must be trying to buy back those he sold last week in a panic

You mean he created a self induced panic, sold out and now he is in panic to buy back again?

Always interesting to learn more about the darker sides of humanity :).

winner69
06-03-2020, 01:24 PM
You mean he created a self induced panic, sold out and now he is in panic to buy back again?

Always interesting to learn more about the darker sides of humanity :).

Imagine the sweat running down his brow ...poor panic stricken soul

tomm
06-03-2020, 01:29 PM
hahahaah lol.......

tomm
06-03-2020, 01:35 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12314491
Fourth coronavirus patient was at Tool rock concert with thousands of Aucklanders.OMG !!!

winner69
06-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Fourth coronavirus patient was at Tool rock concert with thousands of Aucklanders.OMG !!!

OMG tomm and you enjoyed the gig eh

Maybe that’s the cause of the sweating over A2 today ..I’d get it seen to.

Jay
06-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Fourth coronavirus patient was at Tool rock concert with thousands of Aucklanders.

OMG !!!
Wrong thread really, and I wasn't there and I'm sure he/she did not interact with everyone there and they did not all interact with everyone else and I emailed someone whom came back from Vietnam, should i self isolate just in case :-)

44wishlists
06-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Come on! Keep going Tomm! You're comments are pushing A2M to its ATH.

winner69
06-03-2020, 02:01 PM
Come on! Keep going Tomm! You're comments are pushing A2M to its ATH.

I think tomm has got over the shock he might have it and is instead focusing on buying more ATM ....heaps more so concentrating on the depth

Couts needs the likes of tomm to keep the liquidity up

couta1
06-03-2020, 02:17 PM

Disc. picked up another handful at opening this morning. So did I, quite a big handful but they has since been dispatched.:D PS-Left field you'll be pleased to know they were bought under that $17 done and dusted mark.

winner69
06-03-2020, 02:19 PM
So did I, quite a big handful but they has since been dispatched.:D

Ha ha ....tomm bought your dispatched ones

Lucky tomm

tomm
06-03-2020, 02:25 PM
So did I, quite a big handful but they has since been dispatched.:D PS-Left field you'll be pleased to know they were bought under that $17 done and dusted mark.
Couta Couta.... riding the waves ... who else are riding the waves hahaha.

Leftfield
06-03-2020, 03:03 PM
So did I, quite a big handful but they has since been dispatched.:D PS-Left field you'll be pleased to know they were bought under that $17 done and dusted mark.

Good on you Couta. Genuinely pleased to see you trade so well in a style so different from mine!!

Also pleased to see ATM holding up so well in such a volatile market (an ideal market for you.) As long as the long term trend for ATM continues to climb ahead of NZX50 I'm v happy.

couta1
06-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Good on you Couta. Genuinely pleased to see you trade so well in a style so different from mine!!

Also pleased to see ATM holding up so well in such a volatile market (an ideal market for you.) As long as the long term trend for ATM continues to climb ahead of NZX50 I'm v happy. Were both happy so you cant ask more than that.

Gerald
06-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Sold half my holding yesterday at $17.38, planning to buy back in on the drop this morning (which went down to $16.55 or so), however old mate Sharesies took so long to fill my order it ended up at like $17.08.

So question is, is there anything you guys use with decent fees and no big delays? Also, not being a broker is there anything you guys use with live NZX prices and with lists of current buy/sell offers?

Thanks

BlackPeter
07-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Sold half my holding yesterday at $17.38, planning to buy back in on the drop this morning (which went down to $16.55 or so), however old mate Sharesies took so long to fill my order it ended up at like $17.08.

So question is, is there anything you guys use with decent fees and no big delays? Also, not being a broker is there anything you guys use with live NZX prices and with lists of current buy/sell offers?

Thanks

Not sure Sharesies is suitable for trading. It is a platform allowing people to invest small sums into the stock market.

Cheapest broker I know of on the NZX is Direct Broking - and, if you buy and sell reasonable amounts of shares, their minimum fee ($30 for an order of up to $15k, or 0.2% of order value above $15k) is acceptable. ASB might charge similar, but don't know.

Obviously - many overseas markets offer better rates, but this is the NZX.

peat
09-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Not sure Sharesies is suitable for trading. It is a platform allowing people to invest small sums into the stock market.

Cheapest broker I know of on the NZX is Direct Broking - and, if you buy and sell reasonable amounts of shares, their minimum fee ($30 for an order of up to $15k, or 0.2% of order value above $15k) is acceptable. ASB might charge similar, but don't know.

Obviously - many overseas markets offer better rates, but this is the NZX.

Cheapest way to trade is using CFD's although not all stocks are offered on all platforms. A2M.ASX is available though ATM.NZX is not (through mine anyway)

Also instant execution!!

winner69
09-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Cheapest way to trade is using CFD's although not all stocks are offered on all platforms. A2M.ASX is available though ATM.NZX is not (through mine anyway)

Also instant execution!!

Whose on the other side of your trade / punt

peat
09-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Whose on the other side of your trade / punt

who cares once the deal is done.

BlackPeter
09-03-2020, 10:13 AM
who cares once the deal is done.

It might be relevant if something goes wrong ... not unheard of that companies offering financial services go kaput.

winner69
09-03-2020, 10:23 AM
It might be relevant if something goes wrong ... not unheard of that companies offering financial services go kaput.

.....especially when its only a form of betting / gambling

bull....
09-03-2020, 10:26 AM
.....especially when its only a form of betting / gambling

thats the annoying thing about it. i thought it was gambling and tax free but ird said no its a financial arrangement give me your money

blackcap
09-03-2020, 10:30 AM

Also instant execution!!

Agreed! However you cannot stand in the market like you can with equities. That is the bit I find disappointing with CFD providers.

BlackPeter
09-03-2020, 10:41 AM
thats the annoying thing about it. i thought it was gambling and tax free but ird said no its a financial arrangement give me your money

Which is good. In this case if they (the gambling provider, not the IRD ;)) rolls up their toenails, than at least you are able to write off your losses against other income.

Leftfield
09-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Interesting article via HC as reported by Aus correspondent for Wall Street Journal. I like the cautious optimism noted.
See full article here. (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/chart-update.4208153/page-10500?post_id=43371571)

"Mr. Babidge said it isn't clear whether the revenue boost during January and February will continue in the coming months. He also didn't know if a2 Milk has attracted new Chinese consumers, or if it was repeat customers stockpiling product that they would normally have bought in March and April, a scenario which could mean falling sales in the next couple of months.

"This is not about us profiteering from what is a calamity in China," said Mr. Babidge, adding that his company has donated cash and product in response to the coronavirus. "It's about us being able to respond to consumer demand, be it people who know our product or people who can't access other brands."

tomm
09-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Take your hats off and fasten your seatbelt :eek2:

tomm
09-03-2020, 12:14 PM
WATCH THIS GUY LMAO :t_up:
This is ridiculous: The Whole Family (about 6 members) come in and out of Countdown just to get: 2 tins of A2Milk and by that way they by passed the rules : 2 tins/customer.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1236480436471083009

tomm
09-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Strong resist @ $16.50 ! Back In NOW.

couta1
09-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Go the A2 Lemmings, I love every one of you, oh dear the panic has stopped and I didnt get enough near the low, come back Lemmings pretty please.

winner69
09-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Go the A2 Lemmings, I love every one of you, oh dear the panic has stopped and I didnt get enough near the low, come back Lemmings pretty please.

While your are waiting for the lemmings give beagle a ring ...he sounds very happy at the moment.

tomm
09-03-2020, 04:03 PM
You got it yet??, lmao hahahah

tomm
09-03-2020, 04:05 PM
I saw an order $16.40 for 53 shares , is this yours Couta =)))))

peat
09-03-2020, 04:33 PM

not too worried though do accept its a possibility BUT

they do stop hunt - I got hit with an AUD/NZD trade today stopped out with a 1 second spike at 1.06672 and yet another provider topped out 1.0527 which is 1.5 cents difference! My stop was set at 1.05780, so this is an example of what you are saying eg on the other side they just make the numbers up

apologies for off topic

bull....
09-03-2020, 04:38 PM
You got it yet??, lmao hahahah

he might be one of the lemmings soon

see weed
09-03-2020, 04:57 PM
You might get some on close at a good price.

couta1
09-03-2020, 05:14 PM
You might get some on close at a good price. Chasing it down all day, frightfully busy.

couta1
09-03-2020, 05:17 PM
he might be one of the lemmings soon In a sense you could be right in that I am closing out some trades that I entered last week at a loss so I can buy more A2, it's what you call "Cool Lemming Initiative"

Beagle
09-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Chasing it down all day, frightfully busy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html

sb9
09-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Wonder what insight that Peter Nathan has seen within the company that made him buy 10,800 shares on NZX over past few days with his hard earned money??

Hmmm...very silly on his part 😜

couta1
09-03-2020, 05:31 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html Yes I was aware of this little muscle flexing oil squabble, will soon blow over once all players have had a chance to throw a toy or two each out of the cot.

Oberon
09-03-2020, 06:57 PM
I'll be looking tomorrow. If the US markets get slammed overnight it might present an opening price that's hard to resist...

couta1
09-03-2020, 06:59 PM
I'll be looking tomorrow. If the US markets get slammed overnight it might present an opening price that's hard to resist... The US will be playing catch up with the ASX. Lol

see weed
10-03-2020, 09:53 AM
The US will be playing catch up with the ASX. Lol
More bargains just around the corner, I see coming. Across the whole board.

Oberon
10-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Just jumped back in @ 15.60. FUD pushing the price down more effectively than the big boys ever could.

Muppett
10-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Just jumped back in @ 15.60. FUD pushing the price down more effectively than the big boys ever could.
What is FUD?

Does anyone know where the gaps are?

tomm
10-03-2020, 10:45 AM
resistant at $15.60

Oberon
10-03-2020, 10:49 AM
What is FUD?

Does anyone know where the gaps are?

Acronym for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

There is a breakaway gap post-AGM under 13.20 AUD.

resistant at $15.60

Great - long may it hold! :D

tomm
10-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Acronym for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Great - long may it hold! :D
There is a breakaway gap post-AGM under 13.20 AUD.
Gap already filled. Should bounce back due to A2M will join the ASX50.

Gerald
10-03-2020, 12:49 PM
One gets the impression if this wasn't a dual listing we would still be $16.50+

tomm
10-03-2020, 01:35 PM
For those who critized me before , you know the fall is inevitable but refused to acknowledge, we are all learning and still learning. I am sure I am speaking English lol .

Leftfield
10-03-2020, 07:17 PM
In a tough day for some, A2M ended the day up 2% or up 31c on the ASX.

longy
10-03-2020, 09:36 PM
In a tough day for some, A2M ended the day up 2% or up 31c on the ASX.

Dow Jones future is in positive territory too. May this long continue.

dreamcatcher
10-03-2020, 11:00 PM
A2M ended A$16.04 = NZ$16.67....................... expecting 57c jump tomorrow morning

Just to sweeten DOW currently up over 1000 points

tomm
11-03-2020, 09:22 AM
A2M ended A$16.04 = NZ$16.67....................... expecting 57c jump tomorrow morning

Just to sweeten DOW currently up over 1000 points
They must have a plan to stimulate the situation otherwise it will crash.

Leftfield
12-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Some good news..... A2 to expand into Canada. Here's the link. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/349809)

(Be interesting to see if this is the sort of 'investment' that A2 is currently investigating.... will it buy a stake?? Time will tell.)

winner69
12-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Some good news..... A2 to expand into Canada. will post link later.

Good that Jayne’s efforts / plans are still coming to fruition

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/ATM/349809/318616.pdf

couta1
12-03-2020, 12:25 PM
Some good news..... A2 to expand into Canada. Here's the link. (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/349809)

(Be interesting to see if this is the sort of 'investment' that A2 is currently investigating.... will it buy a stake?? Time will tell.) Very good news, unfortunately the Lemmings cant hear it cause they are devoid of logic.

Leftfield
12-03-2020, 12:39 PM
Good that Jayne’s efforts / plans are still coming to fruition

Was interesting to hear Susan Massasso seemed to be owning this move in her new role as Chief Growth and Brand officer..... bit if a change since she was 'leaving' under Jayne's rule. More Kudo's for Geoff and the new team.

tomm
12-03-2020, 12:47 PM
The a2 Milk™ brand expands into the Canadian market under licenceThe a2 Milk
Company is pleased to announce it has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with AgrifoodsCooperative (‘Agrifoods’) for the production, distribution, sale and marketing of a2 Milk™ branded liquid milk forthe Canadian market as was announced by Agrifoods overnight.

About Agrifoods CooperativeA leading provider of innovative premium quality dairy and food products and services, Agrifoods are recognisedas a successful, profitable and environmentally responsible cooperative headquartered in Canada. AgrifoodsCooperative has been in business for over a century and has grown to become one of Canada’s leadingcooperatives with over 2,700 members.Agrifoods’ family of brands – Organic Meadow, Rolling Meadow, Meadowfresh, Earth’s Own, Happy Planet andHappy Planet Creamery employ over 400 people and have become leaders in the health and wellness industry,producing a wide range of premium, on-trend, wholesome foods and beverages available from coast to coast.As a cooperative, Agrifoods is dedicated to building up and giving back to their communities through their sociallyand environmentally conscious commitments, by investing in their employees and mentoring the next generationof dairy farmers and community leaders. For more information visit www.agrifoods.ca (http://www.agrifoods.ca).

sb9
12-03-2020, 01:44 PM

(Be interesting to see if this is the sort of 'investment' that A2 is currently investigating.... will it buy a stake?? Time will tell.)

Yes, very good news indeed. Combine that with what JAT updated market with their Feb sales, you only wonder what it would be for A2.

May be we get a positive update from GB after Mar qtr finished.

couta1
12-03-2020, 05:23 PM
I reckon the NZ Lemmings got a bit too Lemmingish on close compared to what their Aussue counterparts will do. Lol

Leftfield
12-03-2020, 05:56 PM
I reckon the NZ Lemmings got a bit too Lemmingish on close compared to what their Aussue counterparts will do. Lol

Not really watching the hourly gyrations, but recently ATM has gone from 50% of my portfolio to over 60%!

Doesn't say much for my diversification attempts!!

couta1
12-03-2020, 06:12 PM
Not really watching the hourly gyrations, but recently ATM has gone from 50% of my portfolio to over 60%!

Doesn't say much for my diversification attempts!! Sounds like you are Extremely well positioned for when this compressed spring let's go, just checked and I'm at 56%.

Oberon
12-03-2020, 06:21 PM
A2 makes up 100% of my NZX holdings lol.

All things considered, it's held up particularly well.

Looks like the ASX waited for us to shut up shop before the smart money swooped in. Another stab at a pump and dump tomorrow?

I don't think we'll have to wait for this to blow over completely before the compressed spring let's go. Nothing but good news building up underneath the enormous weight of this mayhem. Once there's *some* light at the end of the tunnel eg. when infection rates start dropping off. For right now tho, the world's ending (yet again) so batten down the hatches.

bull....
13-03-2020, 07:29 AM
still bit overvalued , pe still too high. people will be having less babies as they lose jobs i think , unless being confined to ones house means more time for love making

couta1
13-03-2020, 08:02 AM
still bit overvalued , pe still too high. people will be having less babies as they lose jobs i think , unless being confined to ones house means more time for love making Go and do something useful other than constant mindless Trolling.

bull....
13-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Go and do something useful other than constant mindless Trolling.

think your had one pint too many of your a2 , you dont even seem too understand whats happening in the world , calling people leemings who selling or who have sold and corona nothing worth wasting your time on are silly based statements. your continued bravado is probably masking the stress you are obviously under.

tomm
13-03-2020, 09:31 AM
I can't believe A2 is holding very well even RYM is cheaper than A2 now.

martinchnz1
13-03-2020, 05:28 PM
A shining beacon of hope in this tumultuous time. As our locals yell for us to stand up "Etu" you can't help but think... A2 😂

cymonger
13-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Extraordinary day to finish in the green. Despite the schadenfreude (look that one up) running rampant through these threads, this company has benefited tremendously from the "stay at home" economy sweeping the globe. This too shall pass. My shares purchased in the 13s looked pretty sweet in the 15s a few hours later...

Cadalac123
13-03-2020, 05:57 PM
think your had one pint too many of your a2 , you dont even seem too understand whats happening in the world , calling people leemings who selling or who have sold and corona nothing worth wasting your time on are silly based statements. your continued bravado is probably masking the stress you are obviously under.

I actually think couta is sensible. This forum seems to be filled with people who actually have no idea about the coronovirus situation and form hypothesis based on broscience

And then the downrampers who liquidated their portfolios prior to this and want the stock market to crash because they have this secret wish they’ll get in before it rebounds

bull....
13-03-2020, 06:11 PM
great trading day but i was surprised by the bounce not the fall at open

Balance
13-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Wonderful!

:t_up::t_up::t_up:

Cadalac123
13-03-2020, 06:31 PM
13.9$ - 15$ DCA crew checking in

winner69
13-03-2020, 06:34 PM
13.9$ - 15$ DCA crew checking in

Excuse my ignorance what’s this DCA stuff

sb9
13-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Wow, big auction at close on ASX to push the close to AU 15.71 and ATM closed at 15.30, who would’ve thought...

allfromacell
13-03-2020, 07:13 PM
Yup ASX had a fantastic close, at least the Aussies see this a2 white swan for for it is. 10% market share in 2021 is on the cards imo.

Mr Slothbear
13-03-2020, 07:48 PM

dollar cost averaging

winner69
13-03-2020, 08:00 PM
dollar cost averaging

Thanks For that

Sideshow Bob
13-03-2020, 09:02 PM
If ATM were looking for a home for their money, they could probably take over an under-performing dairy plant based near Rakaia with a few issues.....but why would they want to do that!

RupertBear
13-03-2020, 09:36 PM

Thanks for asking Winner as it had me stumped as well :confused: even googled it and came up empty so good to know what it actually means, I cant keep up with all these new abbreviations and shortened things :mellow:

winner69
14-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Thanks for asking Winner as it had me stumped as well :confused: even googled it and came up empty so good to know what it actually means, I cant keep up with all these new abbreviations and shortened things :mellow:

The young ones these day think it’s cool to do use acronyms

Couldn’t work out why many raved about Alterity Therapeutics as a great investment until I realised what ATH really meant.

Probably won’t hear about ATH for a while now lol.

But I suppose it’s all about how language develops ...after all I’ve used sfa for years.

jonu
16-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Huge divergence from the ASX Friday close price...and a near 10% lift in US markets on Friday. Am expecting a big lift leading into the ASX open. It's not all doom and gloom out there!

Muppett
16-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Huge divergence from the ASX Friday close price...and a near 10% lift in US markets on Friday. Am expecting a big lift leading into the ASX open. It's not all doom and gloom out there!

Really?
I hope you are right, but a lot has changed since Friday.

bull....
16-03-2020, 11:41 AM
that rise on the asx close friday was fake news

jonu
16-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Really?
I hope you are right, but a lot has changed since Friday.

NZX should be trading 30-35 cents higher than ASX due to the current exchange rate. There will be traders holding NZ down in anticipation IMHO.

cymonger
16-03-2020, 12:15 PM
NZX should be trading 30-35 cents higher than ASX due to the current exchange rate. There will be traders holding NZ down in anticipation IMHO.

Good call Jonu. Seems to be a different vibe with this share between the NZ and AUS markets right now. I usually have a good feel for trading this stock, but am feeling a little bewildered at the moment. Maybe Couta will come along and explain. Massive spike in OZ after a horrific start in NZ.

bull....
16-03-2020, 12:18 PM
someone is trying to prop the price in asx via nz , probably someone caught out friday

jonu
16-03-2020, 12:21 PM
someone is trying to prop the price in asx via nz , probably someone caught out friday

Exact opposite IMHO. Leading into the open NZX was being held down. Much easier to do on low volumes .

Oberon
16-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Good call Jonu. Seems to be a different vibe with this share between the NZ and AUS markets right now. I usually have a good feel for trading this stock, but am feeling a little bewildered at the moment. Maybe Couta will come along and explain. Massive spike in OZ after a horrific start in NZ.

You're not alone.

Sideshow Bob
16-03-2020, 12:25 PM
Wow, low of $14.30 and trading at $15.16 - all in the first 22 minutes!

bull....
16-03-2020, 12:28 PM
Exact opposite IMHO. Leading into the open NZX was being held down. Much easier to do on low volumes .

manipulation started just before asx open they started buying nz atm to force asx price up. still doing it thats why nzx is higher than asx

Oberon
16-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Wow, low of $14.30 and trading at $15.16 - all in the first 22 minutes!

What are we looking at here though, in terms of where this is going? Is A2 being singled out as a buy prospect in the face of a recession? Tempting to get out at break even (nearly) here, but look at what happening on Friday after the Dow went '87 on us...

silu
16-03-2020, 12:37 PM
I haven't kept up on this or any other boards about ATM but over the weekend a friend told me that apparently they had to ask mothers in China not to stockpile formula and that their market share is closer to 10% now. I have no idea if there is any truth to it and I'm happy to delete this post if it's perceived as ramping but I did wonder why the SP has held up so well.

jonu
16-03-2020, 12:38 PM
manipulation started just before asx open they started buying nz atm to force asx price up. still doing it thats why nzx is higher than asx

Umm, there's a thing called the exchange rate. NZ has mostly been trading 5c light of the ASX when the exchange rate is taken into account.
Much of your other analysis on other threads is now being put into perspective for me.

bull....
16-03-2020, 12:41 PM
Umm, there's a thing called the exchange rate. NZ has mostly been trading 5c light of the ASX when the exchange rate is taken into account.
Much of your other analysis on other threads is now being put into perspective for me.

lol well it least your onto it. was another great day of trading a2m always seems to so easy buy the open reap the profit lol

Sideshow Bob
16-03-2020, 12:43 PM
Talking about exchange rate...….sure A2 will have forward cover, but will be loving the tailwind as the NZD/USD rate closes in on 0.60. :p All exporters in the same boat.

dreamcatcher
16-03-2020, 12:57 PM
The Quarterly Rebalance of all the major S&P/ASX indices - including the All Ords which is only rebalanced once a year - has been postponed due to extreme volatility.

A2M inclusion - I think so?..............imo

Leftfield
16-03-2020, 04:14 PM
I haven't kept up on this or any other boards about ATM but over the weekend a friend told me that apparently they had to ask mothers in China not to stockpile formula and that their market share is closer to 10% now. I have no idea if there is any truth to it and I'm happy to delete this post if it's perceived as ramping but I did wonder why the SP has held up so well.

Thanks for posting Silu and not seen as ramping. FWIW I've heard similar reports. In addition this recent post by Keith Woodford (https://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/2020/03/15/jacinda-goes-hard-and-jacinda-goes-early/) provides an interesting perspective. Here's part of what he says.

"There is an irony in that while much of the world is heading into lockdown, it is China that looks like it will emerge back to at least a semi-normal situation. There is a further irony that most of China’s latest cases are from people who have recently returned from overseas.

My current expectation is that some of the most resilient industries in New Zealand will be those that export to China. For example, I suspect that China’s own production of milk will have been hampered and that this will take at least a year to come back to normal. Given that the Chinese Government has been telling the population there that milk is a good way to boost their immune systems, then demand for New Zealand milk powder may well increase as the coming months go by. That may be important as logistics to other parts of the world come under great strain."

cymonger
16-03-2020, 05:15 PM
It's very hard to trade in such a fear based environment. Unless you were alive in 1918 during the Spanish Flu (maybe a few members of National), we don't have a template for what's going to happen next. One definition of anxiety is a "future oriented fear." Lots of that going on. For most businesses, a substantial hit would be the norm. Companies like air and thl are gonna get slaughtered.

And yet, just a few companies fall into this weird niche that profits during a tragedy. Atm is one of those companies. The price movements are simply part of larger, fear based fluctuations. Long term holders have to see that.

Baa_Baa
16-03-2020, 08:13 PM
It's very hard to trade in such a fear based environment. Unless you were alive in 1918 during the Spanish Flu (maybe a few members of National), we don't have a template for what's going to happen next. One definition of anxiety is a "future oriented fear." Lots of that going on. For most businesses, a substantial hit would be the norm. Companies like air and thl are gonna get slaughtered.

And yet, just a few companies fall into this weird niche that profits during a tragedy. Atm is one of those companies. The price movements are simply part of larger, fear based fluctuations. Long term holders have to see that.

Astute observation and comments thanks. Who would have thought ATM is a hedge against global financial markets collapsing but it has been, although because it's not collapsing as fast as most others. I thought selling at a bit above $15 was a mistake booking a 50% gain as the share price was so resilient, but maybe even the broader market is saying now that personal investment resilience is a matter of opinion or circumstance and we go lower until we see some light at the end of this tunnel. Can't see the light at the moment so not deploying a repercharge position just yet.

see weed
17-03-2020, 10:56 AM
a2 is no longer 100% of my portfolio. Have been selling down bits and pieces for the last 4 weeks. Sold 2 small blocks this morning at $11,000 profit. Still have 9 small blocks in the $14.40 to 15.40s, but will keep them for now. Average price of all remaining holding is $5.924c. Might be in for some bargains this avo when Aus opens. I expect aus will fall to somewhere in the $13s so am ready to buy back in. I feel like a couta1 coming on:eek2::D.

bull....
17-03-2020, 10:58 AM
a2 is no longer 100% of my portfolio. Have been selling down bits and pieces for the last 4 weeks. Sold 2 small blocks this morning at $11,000 profit. Still have 9 small blocks in the $14.40 to 15.40s, but will keep them for now. Average price of all remaining holding is $5.924c. Might be in for some bargains this avo when Aus opens. I expect aus will fall to somewhere in the $13s so am ready to buy back in. I feel like a couta1 coming on:eek2::D.

well done , still bit over valued in my opinion but coming down slowly

longy
17-03-2020, 12:21 PM
If COVID 19 don't eventually got into my lungs... this violently ups and downs of the market eventually will pop my vain. :)

Oberon
17-03-2020, 12:33 PM
I tried to sell at the 4:30pm yesterday (directbroking) expecting to grab a dip today but the order didn't move past acknowledged. Argh! I haven't tried to place a trade that time of day before so don't know if delays are standard due to volume...

bull....
17-03-2020, 12:38 PM
same pattern as usual buy the open then sell . long may it last lol

longy
17-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Have you guys seen the update from MFT. They have seen decline in air and and freight from other part of the world but China volumes are re-emerging as factories and ports return to
normal operations. How significant is this to A2 I have no idea but "China volumes are re-emerging as factories and ports return to
normal operations" sounded very good.

t.rexjr
17-03-2020, 12:52 PM
normal operations. How significant is this to A2 I have no idea but "China volumes are re-emerging as factories and ports return to
normal operations" sounded very good.

First mover advantage...

Southern_Belle
17-03-2020, 01:43 PM
First mover advantage...2nd mouse gets the cheese

longy
17-03-2020, 02:20 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese

But early birds get the worms.... Any one else would like to add onto the list? It is good to see humour exist in time of crisis.

Leftfield
17-03-2020, 03:49 PM

Be careful of the Couta effect... it could be contagious.

Back up to 70% of my portfolio (mainly due to my attempts at diversification into other shares being hammered!!) However, my 5yr running average % return is still miles above NZX or having the money on term deposit, so pretty happy.

Ted2
17-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Q. Are Aussies really smarter than us?
I find that as hard to believe as saying Trump is a genius, but NZ continually panics and sends ATM down $1 or more, and the Ockers come back in at lunchtime and start saving us. From down $1.11 this morning to up 15c now!
Bull must be just xxxxxxxxxx on himself!

Oberon
17-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Q. Are Aussies really smarter than us?
I find that as hard to believe as saying Trump is a genius, but NZ continually panics and sends ATM down $1 or more, and the Ockers come back in at lunchtime and start saving us. From down $1.11 this morning to up 15c now!
Bull must be just xxxxxxxxxx on himself!

Yes bit of a role reversal going on at the moment. Don't know how many times I've watched the NZX push the price up, gone and checked the ASX match price before midday and thought "crap".

tomm
18-03-2020, 02:54 PM
When is half year result ?

Sideshow Bob
18-03-2020, 03:14 PM

27th of February at 8.30am :p

Sorry small jokes where able in the current environment.....:scared:

Sideshow Bob
18-03-2020, 03:15 PM

Full Year was 21st August last year.

tomm
18-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Full Year was 21st August last year.
Thanks Bob.

see weed
19-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Has anyone noticed a build up of biggish sellers on both sides of the Aussi depth chart? I am hoping for a dollar or two fall for a quick couta1 trade ;). 3 mins later, now a big build up of buyers. We want more sellers:eek2:.

jonu
19-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Has anyone noticed a build up of biggish sellers on both sides of the Aussi depth chart? I am hoping for a dollar or two fall for a quick couta1 trade ;).

If those top bid buyers disappear it'll crash alright. A lot of manipulation occurs pre-open.

sb9
19-03-2020, 11:23 AM
Good read...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-baby-formula-china-desperate-sydney-dad-snaps-airport-photos/64d5f037-27e0-4dae-b978-d2731c85e280

Love this bit from the article..

Mr Nathan said demand for a2 Milk Company's infant formulas appeared to have peaked about a month ago when the coronavirus situation in China was at its worst.

"Demand is still strong but it's not as strong as what it was now the situation with China has improved," he said.

Sideshow Bob
19-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Good read...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-baby-formula-china-desperate-sydney-dad-snaps-airport-photos/64d5f037-27e0-4dae-b978-d2731c85e280

Mr Nathan said demand for a2 Milk Company's infant formulas appeared to have peaked about a month ago when the coronavirus situation in China was at its worst.

"Demand is still strong but it's not as strong as what it was now the situation with China has improved," he said.

From my contact, they have still be airfreighting product ex NZ to China up until very recently.

You don't do that unless you have or want to. However this is largely going to stop due to flights. Still shipping hard....

Sideshow Bob
19-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Dollar getting closer to parity with the AUD all the time.....will it actually get there....

Leftfield
19-03-2020, 01:29 PM
Good read...

Thanks for posting.

Nice also to see ATM at the top of the NZX gainers today..... (for how long who knows!!) GLH.

cymonger
19-03-2020, 01:52 PM
It's an interesting dilemma with this stock, as the numbers indicate they are clearly benefiting from the situation in the world right now (for now). And yet, people are skeptical of anything to do with the sharemarket and the stock is of course part of other ETF's etc. Contrast that with a company like FPH that seems to be perceived as a safe haven given they work in the medical space and are potentially contributing to the treatment of this pandemic. I would argue that both companies are benefiting, but buyers seem more confident in FPH given it's medical as opposed to a food (even one as important as infant food).

tomm
19-03-2020, 03:11 PM
I think quite opposite. Into's has been set SP up to sell to investors. It will melt eventually.

Oberon
19-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Getting sold down. Here I was thinking it might tread water up the top .... They'll be back in tomorrow lol.

Leftfield
19-03-2020, 03:37 PM
I think quite opposite. Into's has been set SP up to sell to investors. It will melt eventually.

Maybe on a day trading basis you are right, however for the longer term investors Cymongoer's observation has merit. Of course health is a priority (hence FPH's strength) however, reputable food/beverage providers are also a basic essential. ATM remains a hold for me.

tomm
19-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Maybe on a day trading basis you are right, however for the longer term investors Cymongoer's observation has merit. Of course health is a priority (hence FPH's strength) however, reputable food/beverage providers are also a basic essential. ATM remains a hold for me.
Rinse and Repeat.

Sideshow Bob
20-03-2020, 06:11 PM
First ATM post of the day.

Another up & day, but in the meantime I'm out. On the sidelines for the moment.

tomm
23-03-2020, 08:49 AM
First ATM post of the day.

Another up & day, but in the meantime I'm out. On the sidelines for the moment.
Same here , but I am actively hunting for bottom stocks.

Sideshow Bob
23-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Same here , but I am actively hunting for bottom stocks.

Trying to pick bottoms only leaves you with smelly fingers (*sorry one of my favourites!)

On a serious note, my call to sell out wasn't an ATM call - it was based on the overall situation, which will get worse before it gets better. While things like China having largely come out of the crisis (if you believe what they say and their figures) and also currency tailwinds.

Strongly believe that there will be opportunities to buy back in at lower levels. Down 6.9% on Friday close as I speak, but has been huge intraday swings of late.

tomm
23-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Trying to pick bottoms only leaves you with smelly fingers (*sorry one of my favourites!)

On a serious note, my call to sell out wasn't an ATM call - it was based on the overall situation, which will get worse before it gets better. While things like China having largely come out of the crisis (if you believe what they say and their figures) and also currency tailwinds.

Strongly believe that there will be opportunities to buy back in at lower levels. Down 6.9% on Friday close as I speak, but has been huge intraday swings of late.
Surely, what I meant was I am keeping an eye out for the bottom stocks but not taking actions yet.

bull....
23-03-2020, 12:18 PM
i still stick to my view its overvalued on pe basis , esp in a contracting pe environment

Baa_Baa
23-03-2020, 01:40 PM
ATM goes shopping https://www.nzx.com/announcements/350456

Ggcc
23-03-2020, 01:41 PM
ATM goes shopping https://www.nzx.com/announcements/350456
What’s the chance of complete takeover

Baa_Baa
23-03-2020, 01:45 PM
What’s the chance of complete takeover Nil chance according to the announcement.

Sideshow Bob
23-03-2020, 02:06 PM
What’s the chance of complete takeover

A2 aren't even the biggest shareholder in Synlait.

Mr Slothbear
23-03-2020, 02:20 PM
smart move, good to see.

dobby41
23-03-2020, 03:11 PM
smart move, good to see.

Is it?
Given the legal issue they still have why buy in when they don't need a physical producer - just good contracts to a producer.
I suspect there is more to it - maybe trying to have a better blocking holding (blocking from takeover).
I feel this is strategic rather than economic.

tomm
23-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Which Birds were trying to make fun of me when I said Auckland is going to lock down ???

Mr Slothbear
23-03-2020, 03:23 PM
Is it?
Given the legal issue they still have why buy in when they don't need a physical producer - just good contracts to a producer.
I suspect there is more to it - maybe trying to have a better blocking holding (blocking from takeover).

gives them more power to throw their weight around. I’m sure A2 aren’t happy about some of the management decisions made by Synlait. Probably try to get someone from A2 on SML board and start aiming to give A few in managament a taste of what happened to Jayne.

You say all they need is a contract with a producer but they must be SAMR certified and thats worth hundreds of millions to A2.

Leftfield
23-03-2020, 06:47 PM

It's a great move IMHO. Taking advantage of current bargain share prices to lock in long term supply, product development and important chinese market approvals.. It provides strategic and economic benefits.

Just the good news I needed on an otherwise depressing Covid-19 day!!

JeremyALD
23-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Will a2 have any challenges with distribution in current state, especially with the lockdown? Or are they considered an essential service?

ratkin
23-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Will a2 have any challenges with distribution in current state, especially with the lockdown? Or are they considered an essential service?
Because they supply supermarkets they maybe ok

Here is the list
https://covid19.govt.nz/assets/essential-services-list.pdf

JeremyALD
23-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Because they supply supermarkets they maybe ok

Here is the list
https://covid19.govt.nz/assets/essential-services-list.pdf

Thanks very much

Beagle
23-03-2020, 10:53 PM
They stopped just short of the 20% mark with Synlait which for anyone who doesn't know is the threshold above which they must make a full takeover.
My sense is they will wait for a negative outcome from Synlait's court case and the consequent share price reaction and at some point not too long after that launch a full takeover offer.
Geoff Babbage is a master. If Jayne was still in change the shares would be in the toilet like almost everything else.

Sideshow Bob
24-03-2020, 10:11 AM

They'll still be working. No airfreight. Seafreight only and that could be a little hit & miss but likely OK - but all dry containers and not reefers - which would make it a lot easier.

Leftfield
24-03-2020, 10:28 AM
If Jayne was still in change the shares would be in the toilet like almost everything else.

Methinks you need to move on Beagle. Jayne is history now, and can hardly be blamed for 'everything else'.

tomm
25-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Methinks you need to move on Beagle. Jayne is history now, and can hardly be blamed for 'everything else'.
Article please?

BigBob
25-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Article please?

Article for what...? If you spent 5 seconds a day looking at this stock, you'd know that Jayne has (been) moved on....

Leftfield
25-03-2020, 04:51 PM
NZ Export stats for Feb...... a good indicator, milk powder to China up 28% or $NZ 191 million. Details here. (https://www.stats.govt.nz/news/exports-rise-as-dairy-gains-while-logs-and-fish-fall)

Cadalac123
25-03-2020, 04:58 PM
NZ Export stats for Feb...... a good indicator, milk powder to China up 28% or $NZ 191 million. Details here. (https://www.stats.govt.nz/news/exports-rise-as-dairy-gains-while-logs-and-fish-fall)

Good catch. Do make note that the volumes were relatively the same.. and mostly price driven

Joshuatree
26-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Amazon out of stock

https://www.amazon.com.au/a2-Platinum-Premium-Follow-Formula/dp/B01MUGTTSN (https://www.amazon.com.au/a2-Platinum-Premium-Follow-Formula/dp/B01MUGTTSN)

see weed
27-03-2020, 08:21 AM
ATM went up on our close yesterday to $16.72. Aussi a2m went down 40c+ after our 5pm close. Aussi a2m on A$16 on their close, which is about NZ$16.27c. So $16.72-$16.27= about a 45c down gap to full;).

jonu
27-03-2020, 10:05 AM
If it opens flat on the ASX some people are in for a rude surprise and a lesson in how this share price works.

sb9
27-03-2020, 10:26 AM
ATM went up on our close yesterday to $16.72. Aussi a2m went down 40c+ after our 5pm close. Aussi a2m on A$16 on their close, which is about NZ$16.27c. So $16.72-$16.27= about a 45c down gap to full;).

Might see price push into 17s today..

dreamcatcher
27-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Index re-balance put off till April................

sb9
31-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Big push at closing auction on ASX to take A2M to A$16.88 which is about NZ $17.30. Let's see where it opens here this morning..

tipsy
31-03-2020, 10:17 AM
What a behemoth A2M is turning out to be!

Oberon
31-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Might be a wise move to take some profits before tomorrow.

see weed
31-03-2020, 10:45 AM
What happened to all the shorters? Are they on corona lock down for a while?

see weed
31-03-2020, 10:47 AM
Might be a wise move to take some profits before tomorrow.
What happens tomorrow? I was thinking that way last week.

sb9
31-03-2020, 10:48 AM
What happened to all the shorters? Are they on corona lock down for a while?

Short numbers seem to be tracking well down to 5.30% as of y'day which is as at 24th March. We might seem them drop below 5% mark by the time end of March position is updated.

jonu
31-03-2020, 10:57 AM

Quarterly rebalancing?

sb9
31-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Quarterly rebalancing?

That's been postponed until June I think.

BigBob
31-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Today is end of quarter... window dressing...

sb9
02-04-2020, 01:37 PM
Would be nice if they come out with a trading update for first quarter. Not their general practice, but under current circumstances probably need one.

Mr Slothbear
02-04-2020, 01:39 PM
Would be nice if they come out with a trading update for first quarter. Not their general practice, but under current circumstances probably need one.

you mean 3rd quarter?

they announce first quarter generally in november.

sb9
02-04-2020, 01:41 PM
you mean 3rd quarter?

they announce first quarter generally in november.

My bad, meant 1st quarter of this year just ended and their 3rd quarter.

Mr Slothbear
02-04-2020, 01:46 PM
My bad, meant 1st quarter of this year just ended and their 3rd quarter.

I can’t recall announcement title or anything but do feel like they’ve published 3rd quarter results before I think usually snuck into a powerpoint presentation or two or am I mistaken? Maybe someone else knows.

sb9
02-04-2020, 01:55 PM
I can’t recall announcement title or anything but do feel like they’ve published 3rd quarter results before I think usually snuck into a powerpoint presentation or two or am I mistaken? Maybe someone else knows.

Nah, never have they announced quarterly update in past 6 years that I've been following them...

sb9
07-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Took some profits today by offloading about 5% of my holdings into market rally....

Leftfield
08-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Took some profits today by offloading about 5% of my holdings into market rally....

Nothing wrong with that strategy..... good to 'keep your powder dry' and have those funds ready and waiting.

Leftfield
08-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Crikey! Nice end to the days trading today, just a nudge under $18

SML looking good also.

Go you good things!

jonu
08-04-2020, 06:42 PM

SML looking good also.

Go you good things!

Yes, and hard to see why. Big divergence from ASX. All things being equal would expect it to be hammered back in the morning. Maybe some fundie cocked up his closing cross as it was big volume close as well.

Leftfield
08-04-2020, 06:58 PM
Yes, and hard to see why. Big divergence from ASX. All things being equal would expect it to be hammered back in the morning. Maybe some fundie cocked up his closing cross as it was big volume close as well.

Maybe over excitement re recent dairy auctions? Low $NZ etc? Whatever... it got me excited for a mo!
( I've been in lockdown too long!) :eek2:

kiora
08-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Maybe over excitement re recent dairy auctions? Low $NZ etc? Whatever... it got me excited for a mo!
( I've been in lockdown too long!) :eek2:

Or just as likely large funds moving in at close,same as IFT & FPH
Like NZ story,low exchange rate etc

sb9
09-04-2020, 07:35 AM

SML looking good also.

Go you good things!

Noticed that big auction y'day by bidders at close on NZX, someone was bidding strong. And to think A2M closed down at A$16.82, there seem to be bit of divergence in between both exchanges.

And yes, looks like SML seem to have found its mojo back, not sure what's driving it but we'll take it.

jonu
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
Or just as likely large funds moving in at close,same as IFT & FPH
Like NZ story,low exchange rate etc

Yes, but why do that when you can pick them up cheaper on the ASX?

Ggcc
09-04-2020, 09:01 AM
If we are lucky we might breach the $18 again today

tomm
10-04-2020, 11:26 AM
https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/img/rss.gif (https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/rss.html)LATEST HEADLINES
Investors cash in gains to chase value elsewhere (https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976516639/investors-cash-in-gains-to-chase-value-elsewhere.html)

New Zealand shares fell as investors cashed in strong-performing stocks, including Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and A2 Milk, to pursue value in beaten up stocks which may be set for recovery.

Thursday, April 9th, 6:08PM

Oberon
13-04-2020, 05:22 PM
I haven't gone near the markets in a fortnight after taking some short term trades on A2. Be interesting viewing this week; given how high A2 is flying at the moment ... I wouldn't mind betting the big players indulge in a sell-off this week.

Southern_Belle
14-04-2020, 07:14 AM
Atm in their sights?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-15/bellamys-baby-formula-chinese-takeover-approved/11707190

Leftfield
14-04-2020, 08:05 AM
Atm in their sights?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-15/bellamys-baby-formula-chinese-takeover-approved/11707190

Crikey, I hope not.
Bellamy's quite a different case/company...... but who knows, anything is possible these days.

sb9
14-04-2020, 08:12 AM
Atm in their sights?

Probably highly unlikely seeing what Bellamy's modus operandi was and A2's superior board and management.

Crikey, I hope not.
Bellamy's quite a different case/company...... but who knows, anything is possible these days.

The bidder will have to have deep deep pockets as offer price has to be on big multiple especially with A2 COH position.

jonu
14-04-2020, 09:07 AM
The Kiwi has dropped around 1c angainst the Ozzie over the weekend. The differential between the 2 exchanges means that NZX should be around $17.71.
Gotta love a falling exchange rate.

Leftfield
14-04-2020, 12:28 PM
Wowza nice break above $18..... go you good thing!

Nigelk
14-04-2020, 12:39 PM
$18.29. A record SP I believe. Great to have some good news in these times.