PDA

View Full Version : CAZ Cazaly Resources Ltd

Pages : 1 [2]

Dazza
10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
well well well up nearly 20% today fine day wasnt it.

still hvent sold yet suckers :P

i guess caz may not have money problems? who knows...

aussie joe
11-05-2006, 01:25 AM
On the 5/5/2006, strangely enough HMC have increased their holdings from 7.38% to 8.35%. Refer latest announcement.

This whole CAZ debacle has got me completely f*cked.

Must be the Uranium, do not know what else it could be.

[B)]

winner69
13-06-2006, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dazza

well well well up nearly 20% today fine day wasnt it.

still hvent sold yet suckers :P

i guess caz may not have money problems? who knows...

Hope you cashed in mate

Not looking to bright at the moment .... nearly 50% down from when it up that 20%

and sorry vic .... shares do lose 90% when the story loses it polish

Footsie
13-06-2006, 09:43 PM
i bought cazo last year for 10c, sold out at 70c... Happy

when fundamentals depart considerably from true value its time to exit.

CAZ is a classic example of take the money and run,

When i bought them, it was a punt and to be honest i'd have been happy if i'd made 50% let alone 600%

vicmackay
13-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Does anyone recommend these as a buy. Some people were talking about this share going over $6 a couple of months ago. That would be a be a 2000% increase on todays price.

That sounds like a good punt to me.

Heavy Metal
14-06-2006, 01:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by vicmackay

Does anyone recommend these as a buy. Some people were talking about this share going over $6 a couple of months ago. That would be a be a 2000% increase on todays price.

Why stop there? I've heard valuations of $10 for CAZ and since the share price is likely to fall even further you might get a 3000%, 4000% or even 5000% increase. What a superior no-risk return!

aussie joe
12-08-2006, 05:39 PM
thanks scorpio7174,

Cazaly clears first hurdle

JOHN PHACEAS

Cazaly Resources has landed the first blow in its battle with giant Rio Tinto over the Shovelanna iron ore project in the Pilbara by winning the right to proceed with its bid to quash the WA Government’s termination of its application for the ground.
In the WA Supreme Court yesterday, Justice Tony Templeman ruled that Cazaly’s case “was not misguided or trivial” and that the matter should go before the Court of Appeal.
He also dismissed efforts by Ken Martin QC, representing Rio Tinto, to have the matter adjourned, stating that to do so would be “a waste of time”.
“Only an arguable case has to be demonstrated,” Justice Templeman said. “I am quite satisfied that there is an arguable case, and I am equally satisfied that it is appropriate for the matter to go to the Court of Appeal because of the importance of it and public interest that is involved.”
The case will now go before the Court of Appeal at a yet to be determined date in a few weeks. If the court quashes the Government’s decision, State Resources Minister John Bowler will have to consider Cazaly and Rio’s competing claims to Shovelanna from scratch.
Speaking outside the court, Cazaly joint managing director Nathan McMahon described Justice Templeman’s ruling as a “good win” for the entire mining industry.
“It’s a good win for Cazaly as well as the rest of the mining industry I believe,” he said. “It was heard that there was a case that has substance, that should be heard and was also in the public interest.
“We now look forward to expediting the matter as much as possible.”
The only concessions granted to the State Government and Rio Tinto, which is also representing its Shovelanna partners, Hanc*ck Prospecting and Wright Prospecting, was a request for 21 days to respond to a detailed affidavit submitted by Mr McMahon.
Earlier during the hearing, Mr Martin had attempted to portray lengthy additions attached by Mr McMahon to the affidavit as “irrelevant”. In April, Mr Bowler terminated Cazaly’s application for an exploration licence over Shovelanna, near Newman, citing his discretionary powers as Minister to act in the public interest.
Cazaly had pegged the ground in August last year after Rio failed to renew its lease before it expired.
Rio immediately appealed directly to the Government for the lease to be returned, arguing it had paid the renewal fees and despatched the renewal documents to a courier for delivery to the Marble Bar Registrar well in advance. However, the courier failed to deliver the documents on time.
Explaining his decision at the time, Mr Bowler said Rio had clearly demonstrated its intent to renew the lease and that it shouldn’t be punished for a “technicality or some minor oversight”. He also said then that Rio’s huge WA iron ore business needed long-term surety of access to iron ore reserves.
However, Cazaly argued that Rio had not touched Shovelanna in two decades and had no plans to develop it in the foreseeable future. In contrast, Cazaly had struck an ore-supply deal with BHP Billiton and expected to be in production within three years.
Mr McMahon said yesterday the case was all about ensuring that all mining companies were treated equally under the law, regardless of size.
“Basically all we wanted was a level playing field, which we thought we’ve never had in this whole matter,” he said.
“We consider that all along we’ve had a very strong case and we look forward to this being the start of Cazaly and the rest of the industry having a big win.”
Mr Bowler yesterday welcomed the matter being referred to the Court of Appeal.
“I stand by my decision and await the matter to follow due legal process,” he said.
A spokesman for Rio Tinto said yesterday’s hearing was “very much a procedural step” and noted that Justice Templeman had ruled “without forming a view of (Cazaly’s) prospects of success”.
Cazaly shares yesterday surged as high as 68.5¢ before the hearing, but closed only 1¢ up at 63.5¢ on turnover of more than 8.4 million

vicmackay
12-08-2006, 10:22 PM

Looks like I made the right decision buying into these!!!.

The price has gone up 130% since I bought and currently I have made $46,000!!...........and a lot lot more to come IMHO.

Wahoo!!!!!![8D]:D:)

trackers
13-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Can't argue with that, congratz!

trackers
13-08-2006, 01:11 AM
It must be said, the announcement to the market sounds pretty impressive.... Wouldn't lay money down as to the result, they've definitely been 'done', but whether they've been legally 'done', couldnt say...

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/fb5151510c6e08b85ef1ea5ac7debfff/ASX-CAZ-330712.pdf

Heavy Metal
13-08-2006, 01:03 PM

The price has gone up 130% since I bought and currently I have made $46,000!!...........and a lot lot more to come IMHO.

That's nothing. I bought heaps recently at 25c and I'm up $150,000 thanks to 150% increase! You heard it here first - 3000% potential return on CAZ with next to no risk.

vicmackay
13-08-2006, 03:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heavy Metal

That's nothing. I bought heaps recently at 25c and I'm up $150,000 thanks to 150% increase! You heard it here first - 3000% potential return on CAZ with next to no risk.

I don't believe you. Prove it or please get off this forum.

Heavy Metal
13-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Funny that. I was implying the same thing of you with my previous post. Except my post was a bit more subtle.

winner69
13-08-2006, 03:59 PM

quote:Originally posted by Heavy Metal

Vic .... remember you held at over 200 and got caught when it collapsed .... and you said that you would never never sell

I remember you telling me that no way in the world could ANY share go from 230 to 50 in one day .... CAZ did didn't it

Maybe that $46,000 is what you have recovered from the bottom ...... still a long way to go to get your money back eh

And by the way hows your offsider hirelm

trackers
13-08-2006, 08:00 PM
quote:

Vic .... remember you held at over 200 and got caught when it collapsed .... and you said that you would never never sell

I remember you telling me that no way in the world could ANY share go from 230 to 50 in one day .... CAZ did didn't it

Maybe that $46,000 is what you have recovered from the bottom ...... still a long way to go to get your money back eh

And by the way hows your offsider hirelm

Yup I remember that, god it was hilarious:

"There is no way this share price will go down to 50 cents as some people have been saying. A share would not collapse by that much. I predict that it will not go under $1 ever again.
"

"Please don't patronise me. I have never seen a share drop in one day from $2.13 to 30 cents. You guys are living in dreamland if you think that sort of decrease will occur. And you call yourselves experts. Ha.
"

Pity the shorting facilities just aren't here in NZ...

tricha
01-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Well where have all the punters gone.[?]

Now I'm back to under 10% of my portifo into gambling stocks, I've taken the plunge into Cazaly.

Cazaly subpoenas wa premier and resource minister, wow, I'm betting they are sweeting.

Reading the war between the Federal and WA State in recent times.

The Federal Government will knock the WA State Government on it's backside. Justice will prevail! From what I have read if there is justice in Australia, Cazaly will prevail.

Mr Bowler will be lose his job and be lucky not to go to jail for his total lack of integrity. Who knows what may come out of the closet.

Buyer beware Cazaly a Gambling Stock!

Cheers

Harry7
01-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey Tricha, yeh, I thought along these lines too after some recent media articles. Any idea when a decision may happen, if it goes Caz's way?? [:p]

tricha
02-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Well Vic, the way I read it, the hearing is set for the 17th - 19th March, 2007.

Worth reading, latest news - Results of 2006 Annual General Meeting and Presentation.

Interesting times ahead, Caz to go through with this must think they have a dam good chance of winning or have been extremely harshly done by or both.

Maybe someone out there that knows a bit about law could shed some light on the subject.

tricha
14-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Alan Carpenter the Western Australian State Premier has dumped Minister Bowler from his post as resources minister.

Is this damage control or what [?]

That makes it very interesting, I wonder if this is to safeguard the Premier from any dirty washing that comes out of the court case.

It's got to be a great plus for Cazaly, I also wonder if they can sue the state goverment for damages and get their leases back.[?][?][?][?]

tricha
16-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Where have all the Cazaly buffs gone, hmm maybe because I live in WA I get to read all the news!

The worm has turned and Justice should be prevail and the best thing is there has been a war between the State Government and Federal Govt for quite a while.

"IN THE midst of arguably Australia's greatest resources boom, the minister in charge of the portfolio in Western Australia, John Bowler, has been stripped of his position after being linked to corrupt former premier Brian Burke."

What does Mr Burke reek of ..... [?], sold out to R.., well as a gambling stock, multi bagger Cazaly is it.

If Cazaly win this case and they should, will the WA Govement will be in for a big lawsuit.[?][?][?]

Hence the damage control!

aussie joe
16-12-2006, 05:51 PM
still lurking.

Good things come to those that wait.

dirty corrupt pr*cks.

And still not much media play. Wonder who is doing all the lobbying now.

[:p][:p][:p]

tricha
17-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Yes Aussie Joe - The plot thickens!

Cazaly are pissed and rightly so, hence Subpoenas - the Hon Alan Carpenter and the Hon John Bowler.
Mr Leigh Clifford and Mr Sam Walm from Rio Tinto.

Substantive hearing commencing 19th march, 2007

The plot thickens.......................................... .....

Torrero
18-12-2006, 12:02 PM
could someone run throught the downside/ upside of this decision. I dont think this is gonna move till we get some solid news..if its favourable, where is the stock going to go. Based on what too???

tricha
17-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I wonder who the big punter is, 4.6 million shares traded and up 31.4 % today!

Ah, the Greed and Fear factor comes into play, sell and take a nice profit or hold for ....
Cheers [B)][}:)]

tricha
18-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Greeds in - I'm staying on this Iron Horse!

Cazaly at a loss over share price surge
Source: Associated Press

See also
Iron Ore Board
Iron Ore CatalogCazaly Resources Ltd, which is battling Rio Tinto Ltd for a prized iron ore tenement, says it is at a loss to explain a 30 per cent gain in its share price.

Cazaly was slapped with a price query from the Australian Securities Exchange, which queried an unexplained rise in the explorer's share price.

The company's shares surged 31.4 per cent or 18.5 cents to 77.5 cents on Wednesday on the back of no news.

Cazaly shares were heavily traded with more than 4.6 million shares changing hands.

In addition, shares in Echelon Resources Ltd, Cazaly's partner at the prized Shovelanna iron ore tenement in the Pilbara, surged 25.7 per cent or nine cents to 44 cents, again on the back of no news.

At a loss to explain the price surge, Cazaly managing director Nathan McMahon pointed to a March 19 hearing in the West Australian Supreme Court about the disputed tenement and a recent win in the Court of Appeal.

"Obviously people are aware of the hearing is going to be in March, obviously they are aware we got discovery ... that's all I can say at this point," Mr McMahon said.

The junior miner recently had a victory in the Court of Appeal, which ordered Rio and the WA government to hand over a number of documents, which the resources giant relied on to win back the deposit.

Mr MacMahon ruled out a possible settlement with Rio.

"We think morally and more importantly legally the tenements should belong to us, we think minister Bowler has made an awful mistake based on bad advice and we want to explore, mine and develop Shovelanna," he said.

Cazaly snared Shovelanna late last August, after Rio let its own licence expire, but the tenement was handed back to Rio after Goldfields Minister John Bowler used his discretion under the mining act.

tricha
27-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Corruption and the plot thickens.

Alan Carpenter the Western Australian State Premier has today dumped John Bowler from the state government and the labour party full stop.

This must enhance Cazalys Federal court appearance and it will be interesting to see the outcome in March.

Will CAZ go to 30 cents or two dollars [?][?][?][?]

With these developements and John Bowlers link to other doggy mining deals revealed today I will leave it up to your imagination. ;)

Cheers [B)][}:)]

Harry7
28-02-2007, 10:39 AM
People like Bowler should be taken to account, big time. Think of the grief he's caused CAZ shareholders when it dropped $2 to 50c, hope he gets what's coming. I don't hold CAZ, never did, its just big biz/politicians screwing us little guys

steve fleming
03-03-2007, 01:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vic

People like Bowler should be taken to account, big time. Think of the grief he's caused CAZ shareholders when it dropped $2 to 50c, hope he gets what's coming. I don't hold CAZ, never did, its just big biz/politicians screwing us little guys

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/a-minister-for-favourable-outcomes/2007/03/02/1172338885201.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/how-the-west-was-one/2007/03/02/1172338885168.html

Really amazing stuff...good luck to CAZ shareholders...reckon the odds are turning more and more in their favour

COLIN
28-09-2009, 04:47 PM
This one has caught my attention, during my hunt for option leverage opportunities. I see they are in a trading halt today. They are a bit of a minnow but seem to have their fingers in quite a few pies with a bit of potential, and the chart is trending upwards slowly but steadily - I like gentle sweeping curves.
Steve - are you still watching them? And/or Underdog?

Huang Chung
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Anyone keeping an eye on Cazaly?

Check this out for the first week of June:

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CAZ&E=ASX&N=492943

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CAZ&E=ASX&N=493124

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CAZ&E=ASX&N=493248

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CAZ&E=ASX&N=493319

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RMP&E=ASX&N=493321

Parker Range looks like it could be a sweet iron ore project for CAZ, and most importantly, infrastructure does not appear to be an significant issue.

In yesterday at 52c.

Huang Chung
04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Another day, another news release:

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01069497

Oh, and a nice company presentation as well....

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01069558