PDA

View Full Version : Another Uranium Stock[BKY]

laurie
19-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Noticed BKY [Berkeley Resources]has jumped 20% since I got in at .24 now .29!!

cheers laurie

laurie
22-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Now up 29%!!:D

cheers laurie

young_trader
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi guys, am new to this forum,

Am posting my comments re BKY that I made on Friday regarding it, in another forum, would love to get some feedback on what you guys think,

Have been waiting to make a move on this Uranium Company for a few weeks now, catalyst for me to move was today so here goes,

75m shares fully diluted @ $1 = $75m Mkt Cap

Operating In Spain, has full backing from Spanish government,

Has about 30m lbs Uranium non JORC as was calculated by previous drilling,

Now has a JV with a huge Canadian Company Areva NC who has extensively explored spain, BKY has given Areva a holding equivalent to 6% of its capital, with options which if exercised = 14% of the companies total capital,

Catalyst this morning was a Candian group lodged a substantial holding Statement, they own 6% of the company,

My thoughts Take Over offer is coming, either the Candain group has links to Areva = 20% of its fully diluted capitl, or its another Candaian MAJOR WHO WANTS A PIECE OF THE ACTION,

A fair takeover value would be around $5 lb Uranium as there are nect to no restrictions ie unlike say NEL in W.A.,

30m lbs @ $5 lb = $150m = $2 per BKY

Note this is my opinion only and it is a very spec one at that

laurie
10-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Hit $1.18 to-day this has IMHO slipped under the market radar!

cheers laurie

young_trader
11-04-2006, 02:28 AM
wow what a close, and so little seel depth 3 orders selling thats it!

Somethings in the air and I don't think its love

young_trader
19-04-2006, 03:12 PM
No else seems to care?

I think that Areva wants more BKY, lots of buying in the last 2 weeks!

Stock keeps powering ahead to new highs!

laurie
19-04-2006, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by young_trader

No else seems to care?

I think that Areva wants more BKY, lots of buying in the last 2 weeks!

Stock keeps powering ahead to new highs!

Hit $1.40 YT!! that's a 483% increase for me :D [:p]

cheers laurie

aussie joe
19-04-2006, 06:25 PM
nice pick laurie...

what's the major story on this one. have not had a chance to read up on it.

aussie joe [:p][:p][:p]

laurie
19-04-2006, 07:47 PM
quote:20 March 2006
ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE AUSTRALIAN STOCK EXCHANGE
STRATEGIC ALLIANCE WITH AREVA NC
The Directors of Berkeley Resources Limited are pleased to advise that the Company has signed a Heads of Agreement with AREVA NC to form a Strategic Alliance to explore and develop Berkeley’s uranium projects in Spain.
Under the Agreement, Berkeley will acquire access to AREVA NC’s exploration database for the Iberian Peninsular and AREVA NC will become Berkeley’s Technical Partner for exploration and development of the Company’s projects in Spain.
Berkeley will also appoint AREVA NC as its marketing partner for any production arising from the Spanish projects, on normal commercial terms.
AREVA NC explored extensively in Spain in the early 1990’s, with its main focus on what are now Berkeley’s Caceres properties. AREVA NC generated a very substantial exploration database on these properties, including aerial and ground radiometrics and a significant amount of drilling. Access to this database will result in a material cost saving for Berkeley.
The Technical Partnership will augment Berkeley’s already strong team on the ground in Spain, with initial high level input in target generation from the existing database. AREVA NC’s world leadership in uranium exploration and development will also greatly assist Berkeley in exploring
ACN 052 468 569
Level 9, BGC Centre, 28 The Esplanade, Perth WA 6000
Tel: + 618 9322 6322, Fax: + 618 9322 6558
PO Box Z5083, Perth WA 6831, Australia
its other Spanish projects as well as potentially developing a new era of uranium mining in Spain.
Berkeley will issue AREVA NC 3.5 million fully paid shares (representing approximately 5.8% of current issued shares) and a further 10.6 million options to buy new Berkeley shares at 70 cents each, within 4 years. If these and all other Berkeley options on issue are exercised, AREVA NC would hold approximately 14% of the Company’s issued capital. AREVA NC will have a right to maintain its potential shareholding at that level.
AREVA‘s subsidiary, AREVA NC, based in France, is the world’s leading end to end uranium explorer, and producer, with annual mining production of 6,000t from mines in Canada, Africa and Kazakhstan. With manufacturing facilities in 40 countries and a sales network in more than 100, AREVA offers customers reliable technological solutions for CO2-free power generation and electricity transmission and distribution. AREVA is the world leader in nuclear power and the only company to cover all industrial activities in this field.
The Directors of Berkeley are very pleased to have negotiated an Agreement with AREVA NC which offers significant potential benefits to both parties. AREVA NC’s technical expertise, global network and exploration history in Spain make it the ideal partner to assist Berkeley to capitalise on its efforts in the region to date.
A General Meeting of Shareholders will be held to approve the transaction and a Notice of Meeting, including an Information Memorandum with further details, will be distributed in due course.
Enquiries - Managing Director: Matt Syme Telephone: (61 8) 9322 6322
Facsimile: (61 8) 9322 6558
Email: info@berkeleyresources.com.au

not much info flows from this mob aussie joe their web site is pathetic been like that since day one!!

cheers laurie

bear
19-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Sold out of this one after a series of dissapointing test results for tenements is NW Aust and prior to their big shift to Uranium .... if only i had patience ... costly decision (for me) but my stop losses kicked in

Bear

Footsie
18-11-2009, 12:54 PM
anyone got a view on this one? I've been told to take a closer look

trackers
18-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Up 20% this week, should have had a closer look last week :o

roget
19-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Footsie, BKY have some good ground in Spain. Its Salamanca project has JORC resources and reserves. It is tightly held imo and has a few instos mainly european 9as at 2 Oct 09 the top 20 held 82% of shares). It just announced a new CEO. It is not very liquid but has been tipped by a few brokers. I hold so consider this a ramp!

Footsie
19-11-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks
yes my tip came from a broker in Perth that i use sometimes.

i have a little bit of a green bent, so not that keen on uraninium companies per se.

I once had a look at investing in VEstas... worlds largest wind turbine producer... but the p/e was ridiculous.

thats the problem with investing in companies that are flavour of the moment.

back to bky. i see that have the backing of the spanish govt now so its probably a good project but going to be at least 2 yrs before they start producing...

roget
21-11-2009, 03:51 AM
thanks
yes my tip came from a broker in Perth that i use sometimes.

i have a little bit of a green bent, so not that keen on uraninium companies per se.

I once had a look at investing in VEstas... worlds largest wind turbine producer... but the p/e was ridiculous.

thats the problem with investing in companies that are flavour of the moment.

back to bky. i see that have the backing of the spanish govt now so its probably a good project but going to be at least 2 yrs before they start producing...

Footsie, an interesting article re BKY http://www.mineweb.co.za/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page72103?oid=93341&sn=Detail

heisenberg
04-10-2016, 11:42 AM
This share has been pumping along nicely over the last few years...
Nextminingboom article might cause a bit more a surge today

http://www.nextminingboom.com/asx-stock-set-spanish-bull-run-uranium-production/