PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

BigBob
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I have not been around that long and my lowest entry was 62c

MAC
05-11-2013, 09:21 AM
There will be many who will sell to pick up their rights.

Why would you sell PEB shares and not sell other shares in your portfolio to fund the entitlement when PEB has five years of solid prospective growth ahead and is probably the top growth story in the NZX at present.

clip
05-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Just add them manually and you will still be able to trade them... If you don't know how many you have got, you should be able to do a shareholder balance enquiry on nzx.com as long as you have your csn....

Cheers bob - it's odd that it shows my PEB shares but doesn't show that I have any PEBRC. If i wanted to trade them I could just do x shares * (2/15) to get my number of tradable is that correct? Them manually add to ASB account and sell them.

I do not want to trade them, in terms of taking the rights, as I understand it i just need to wait for the letter to claim them then do that side of things, does this sound correct?

Toasty
05-11-2013, 09:27 AM
In with a good sized block at 63c but picked up a small amount at $1.39

chad321
05-11-2013, 09:33 AM
The key dates* for the Rights Offer are:

Announcement of Offer 23 October 2013
Rights trading commences 5 November 2013
Record date for eligibility 7 November 2013
Dispatch of Offer document 11 November 2013
Rights trading ceases 21 November 2013
Offer period closes (5.00pm) 27 November 2013
Shortfall Bookbuild for entitlements not taken up 29 November 2013
Allotment date for shares under entitlement offer 4 December 2013

So it looks like we have a few weeks to go before the cutoff point of no longer being able to purchase shares at 55c? Started to worry that I had missed the band wagon with people talking about the shares already appearing for trade. I am a little confused as to why both PEB and PEBRC shares are appearing for trade.

BigBob
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Cheers bob - it's odd that it shows my PEB shares but doesn't show that I have any PEBRC. If i wanted to trade them I could just do x shares * (2/15) to get my number of tradable is that correct? Them manually add to ASB account and sell them.

I do not want to trade them, in terms of taking the rights, as I understand it i just need to wait for the letter to claim them then do that side of things, does this sound correct?

No worries... and yes, you should be able to calculate your holding as you said and simply trade them via your brokerage account.

Also, you don't have to "claim" your rights - they will be allocated to you on the LINK register. You can then trade them, use them to buy shares at 55c or let them expire as you see fit....

Wolf
05-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Going to be a very interesting day today as to where the share price ends up.

edm
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi BigBob,

So just to confirm this I just need to wait until 11 November 2013 for the dispatch offer document, put in how much of my allocation I would like to buy @ $0.55?

Thanks,

Ed.

No worries... and yes, you should be able to calculate your holding as you said and simply trade them via your brokerage account.

Also, you don't have to "claim" your rights - they will be allocated to you on the LINK register. You can then trade them, use them to buy shares at 55c or let them expire as you see fit....

gv1
05-11-2013, 10:18 AM
No matter how much you convince people they will still won't be convinced. Thats the nature of people I guess buddy. This is a great product and when the results and capital raised is utilised, this will just get bigger and bigger. I bought some at 85c , was tempted to sell but holding on to it for big banger later on . This year had been good income wise, I didn't want most of sales going to pay too much tax this year.

Whipmoney
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Can someone quickly explain the mechanics of rights trading.

If you sell at say 59 cents today do you still have to pay 55cents for your right (i.e. pocket 4c)? If not, then conversely if somebody buys at 59 cents on the market do they still have to pay 55 cents to exercise it?

It would seem to me the later would make sense as 59c + 55c = 1.14 (diluted price).

Also now that the share has gone ex-rights can you sell your headline shares and still retain the rights up until the record date?

pierre
05-11-2013, 10:37 AM
If you own a Right now and sell it for 59 cents you pocket the money and that's the end of the deal for you.
The purchaser will then have to pay PEB another 55cents to own a share - therefore paying a total of $1.14,

Hope that's clear

Whipmoney
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
If you own a Right now and sell it for 59 cents you pocket the money and that's the end of the deal for you.
The purchaser will then have to pay PEB another 55cents to own a share - therefore paying a total of $1.14,

Hope that's clear

Thanks Pierre, I figured it out as I started posting the question, i.e. the sale of the right compensates the Share holder for dilution however was more interested in the timing of sales of the headline shares v rights. I.e. can headline shares be sold prior to selling the rights (before the record date)?

pierre
05-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Pierre, I figured it out as I started posting the question, i.e. the sale of the right compensates the Share holder for dilution however was more interested in the timing of sales of the headline shares v rights. I.e. can headline shares be sold prior to selling the rights (before the record date)?

The head shares are now being sold ex-Rights so any sold from today onwards do not carry any entitlement to the rights. The last sale at 10:46am was at 119 so the owner of those shares still has the Rights available to sell as well.

Toasty
05-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I see someone has bought 173 rights at 55c. This doesn't seem to make sense to me as I assume a $29 brokerage fee would still apply on these transactions? This would make it a fairly costly acquisition.

Is it perhaps a broker accumulating under a cheaper arrangement?

goldfish
05-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I see someone is asking 200 for the rights to 1773 shares, hes keen.

05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
You will find that if you purchase the rights your contract note will add the 55c to it so you will pay the lot on purchase.

CJ
05-11-2013, 11:19 AM
You will find that if you purchase the rights your contract note will add the 55c to it so you will pay the lot on purchase.Interesting - didn't know that. Are you sure.

How does that work because that means you know own a share, not a right. What happens if you sell that right. Who keeps track of whether you have paid the exercise price?

Toasty
05-11-2013, 11:22 AM
You will find that if you purchase the rights your contract note will add the 55c to it so you will pay the lot on purchase.

Does that mean that if you accumulate a bunch of rights now in a series of transactions then there will be one brokerage fee when the shares are added to your holding?

BigBob
05-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi BigBob,

So just to confirm this I just need to wait until 11 November 2013 for the dispatch offer document, put in how much of my allocation I would like to buy @ $0.55?

Thanks,

Ed.

Yup - that's what I would expect....

05-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Interesting - didn't know that. Are you sure.

How does that work because that means you know own a share, not a right. What happens if you sell that right. Who keeps track of whether you have paid the exercise price?

Rights issues were more common in years gone by and that is what happened then. Remember the rights are traded almost up to the day of required payment so if you bought some then the registry has all the paper work to do to send out the payment note to you which would give no time for you to send the 55c by payment day. So the easiest thing is to pay the full value on contract.

You could go ask Alice for an explanation.

CJ
05-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Is anyone arbitraging? Selling the heads at $1.22 and buying the rights at $0.60 (total price of $1.15). A bit of time value of money in there as well if 777 is incorrect.

Edit: just noticed the lack of depth on the sell side of the rights. But still, is anyone considering it?

CJ
05-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Rights issues were more common in years gone by and that is what happened then. Remember the rights are traded almost up to the day of required payment so if you bought some then the registry has all the paper work to do to send out the payment note to you which would give no time for you to send the 55c by payment day. So the easiest thing is to pay the full value on contract.But if I bought 1000 @60c now then decided to sell later this afternoon, hopefully at a higher price, then all surely I wouldn't have to pay the extra 55c with my purchase.

05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
The broker will sort that out for you.

ddrone
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I would expect the heads go sub $1.20 again as people begin with understand the value of the rights.

GR8DAY
05-11-2013, 11:49 AM
But if I bought 1000 @60c now then decided to sell later this afternoon, hopefully at a higher price, then all surely I wouldn't have to pay the extra 55c with my purchase.

.....no you dont. The 55c payment is to convert them to a Head Share.......shud you or the new owner decide, up to sometime in the future (sorry dont know the date). Currently your trading the rights only, the 55c payment doesnt come into it (yet)

ddrone
05-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Not sure I understand your logic, why do you think that?

The share price is up today but holding at or around yesterdays close, the rights have either had no dillutionary effect or it has not yet been realised. The volume suggests to me its only small players in there so no is yet driving the market ex rights.

Lorne Ranger
05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Ahhhh so much confusion, so little time.......

False Profit
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
I've just bought my allocated amount on direct broking and it tells me the cost price was 31.5 cents. Everything looks peachy to me!

GR8DAY
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I've just bought my allocated amount on direct broking and it tells me the cost price was 31.5 cents. Everything looks peachy to me!

??????.......what did you buy?

goldfish
05-11-2013, 12:26 PM
This is confusing, I had it all worked out until I read all the posts, seemed straight forward to begin with...
I think ill just exercise the rights to but at 55cents... seems the best option for me.

goldfish
05-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Im wondering that to.
Edit meant to quote gr8day

CJ
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Appologies if this has already been posted but seems to address what you are talking about CJ. From the DB site if you attempt to buy PEBRC:

Important Notice for Purchase of Rights

When purchasing rights, you will also need to pay application money.
If you intend to sell your rights prior to the cease trading date, please notify our settlements department and application money will be reversed.
If you decide to let these rights lapse, please notify our settlements department to halt registration and reverse application money.

Note: If application money is not paid, the rights will lapseThanks - so the broker essentually holds the application money in escrow pending till the final date.

I've just bought my allocated amount on direct broking and it tells me the cost price was 31.5 cents. Everything looks peachy to me!Doesn't sound right though I seem to be wrong today.

False Profit
05-11-2013, 12:36 PM
??????.......what did you buy?

I bought my allocation at 63 cents as this was the DB ask price at the time. Also includes my application costs. I guess the 31.5 cents is the amount after application costs are removed?

Hey I'm guessing - newbie here.

goldfish
05-11-2013, 12:40 PM
You bought your own allocation?
lol

Bobcat.
05-11-2013, 12:46 PM
To take up your right(s) to purchase head shares at 55c, you complete the application form in the documentation that PEB will mail you soon, either enclosing a cheque or completing an internet transfer from your bank the 55c * no. of rights = application money (no brokerage).

Or you could sell your rights at the market price (see PEBRC)

Or you can purchase more rights and include them with your application above

Or you can let your rights lapse (not recommended since this devalues your overall investment).

BC

VinPetrol
05-11-2013, 12:46 PM
I bought my allocation at 63 cents as this was the DB ask price at the time. Also includes my application costs. I guess the 31.5 cents is the amount after application costs are removed?

Hey I'm guessing - newbie here.

You don't have to buy your allocation.. You've bought someone else's rights at 63c, i.e. you've bought x number of rights above your own allocation of x. Giving you the rights to purchase 2x = 4/15ths of your holding.

To exercise these rights that you've bought (convert the rights to an ordinary shares) you will have to pay 0.55c / PEBRC you own (Your allocated rights and the rights you've just bought).

GR8DAY
05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
.......your'e allocation is FREE..............you sure you had an allocation?.......maybe you SOLD your'e allocation?...........31.5c is exactly half of 63c........maybe you sold someone else' allocation.......haha LOL

VinPetrol
05-11-2013, 12:51 PM
.......your'e allocation is FREE..............you sure you had an allocation?.......maybe you SOLD your'e allocation?...........31.5c is exactly half of 63c........maybe you sold someone else' allocation.......haha LOL

Yes, freeee indeed GR8DAY.

Actually it's perfectly clear now what FP has done,

FP bought x at 63c and was allocated x for free, therefore his rights holding is 2x at an average cost of 31.5c

GR8DAY
05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes, freeee indeed GR8DAY.

Actually it's perfectly clear now what FP has done,

FP bought x at 63c and was allocated x for free, therefore his rights holding is 2x at an average cost of 31.5c

......yep lookn like that VP. All pretty obvious (now)......hows that sound FProfit? Head Share = Ordinary Share Tumeric. (old school)

Snow Leopard
05-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Seems to be far too many people here who have no idea what they are doing. I find that very worrying.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

False Profit
05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Yes not complicated at all - after someone explains it. I maintain, stoically, that I'm still happy.
(Grasps lapels on tweed jacket, juts chin and looks off into the distance)

Mista_Trix
05-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Seems to be far too many people here who have no idea what they are doing. I find that very worrying.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Especially considering the 'everybody's doing it' before the crash comes concept.
I'm happy to say I'm a junior, but some of the misunderstanding and throwing of money at something people haven't properly researched assuming it's all free gains astounds even me.

I think there are some people on here who have made some lucky gains in xero and PEB after getting interested in shares after MRP and are now just throwing their money at anything that trades.

blobbles
05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Especially considering the 'everybody's doing it' before the crash comes concept.
I'm happy to say I'm a junior, but some of the misunderstanding and throwing of money at something people haven't properly researched assuming it's all free gains astounds even me.

I think there are some people on here who have made some lucky gains in xero and PEB after getting interested in shares after MRP and are now just throwing their money at anything that trades.

I wish you weren't right, but I think you are...

VinPetrol
05-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Sneaky blobbles deleting your post!

I was going to say you've got it the wrong way round. However I don't think that plan for Arbitrage will hold as it looks like support above $1.20 is gone.

In saying that I don't know why the price opened above $1.20 in the first place.. Can only put it down to a few poor buggers in the market having poor comprehension.

DISC: My own buy price was $1.28, I would be well pleased if it stays above $1.20 :D

JohnnyTheHorse
05-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

It's a very good sign that people need to begin thinking about adjusting their portfolios for the bear market. This bull run is almost a year older than the average, so the market is due to turn to custard soon. My guess is that this bull will die within the first 3-4 months of next year.

tunsbro
05-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Damn, got stopped out. Leave the computer for a few days and this happens....
Now I'd like it to go lower please, so I can buy back in.

blobbles
05-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Haha, yeah I noticed that too...too busy keeping up with XRO I didn't get to comment on it...

Yep, had to think twice and then didn't want to confuse people! Confused enough myself...

blobbles
05-11-2013, 01:58 PM
It's a very good sign that people need to begin thinking about adjusting their portfolios for the bear market. This bull run is almost a year older than the average, so the market is due to turn to custard soon. My guess is that this bull will die within the first 3-4 months of next year.

I agree, there is way too much irrational exuberance around at the moment, I smell the end of the bull and potential morphing to bear... Particularly if the NASDAQ is anything to go by...

goldfish
05-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Well its holding up better then i thought it would.
Was expecting more of a drop today...nice.

Balance
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
its nice to have a bear here... all views welcome ... i like to see a person with some sense of history ... ... china could be your starting point somewhere down the track ...

Western media and economists have been predicting doom and gloom for and from China for the last 20 years - and they have not been correct even once!

Ever wonder why?

I attended a presentation recently where the speaker talked about Western pre-occupation with bad news to the point of obsession.

The example he gave was that during the Greek crisis when doom was predicted for Europe and the global economy over Greece's 8 billion euro rescue package, China committed US$10 billion into building a new port in Tanzania.

Guess what? China's move received zero Western media coverage even though the investment will open up and speed up growth of the African economies.

So BIG YAWN on anyone predicting a global crisis eventuating from China.

Try US, Europe or most likely, Western financial institutions again.

Wolf
05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I think the market may have taken dilution into account already which is why there was not too much of a drop today. I was a bit disappointed yesterday though i thought the share price would rise just like shares do before dividends.

Xerof
05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
For those of you unclear about rights, I suggest you talk to your advisor, your broker, or for those DIY onliners, call the help lines that ASB, DB, etc have.

Apologies in advance to ASB, DB etc, if they get swamped, but hey, you do pay them brokerage, so you are entitled to assistance ON EXPLAINING HOW THE PROCESS WORKS. Dont expect advice on what you should do.

there is no immediate urgency, perhaps even wait until the paperwork arrives, and it may become clear then

robbo24
05-11-2013, 03:07 PM
For those of you unclear about rights, I suggest you talk to your advisor, your broker, or for those DIY onliners, call the help lines that ASB, DB, etc have.

Apologies in advance to ASB, DB etc, if they get swamped, but hey, you do pay them brokerage, so you are entitled to assistance ON EXPLAINING HOW THE PROCESS WORKS. Dont expect advice on what you should do.

there is no immediate urgency, perhaps even wait until the paperwork arrives, and it may become clear then

The other option is to read the Simplified Disclosure Prospectus. It explains it all.

blobbles
05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Western media and economists have been predicting doom and gloom for and from China for the last 20 years - and they have not been correct even once!

Ever wonder why?

I attended a presentation recently where the speaker talked about Western pre-occupation with bad news to the point of obsession.

The example he gave was that during the Greek crisis when doom was predicted for Europe and the global economy over Greece's 8 billion euro rescue package, China committed US$10 billion into building a new port in Tanzania.

Guess what? China's move received zero Western media coverage even though the investment will open up and speed up growth of the African economies.

So BIG YAWN on anyone predicting a global crisis eventuating from China.

Try US, Europe or most likely, Western financial institutions again.

Be careful with China... I live here and see whats going on around me.

They are building infrastructure they cannot afford. The reason for doing so is because big projects make the government people look amazing which launches them up the ranks of the communist party. At the same time the way the local councils make money is by opening up new land for development, pocketing money into their own pockets and the councils. Its pretty much the only way of increasing revenue for the local councils who are under (last count... so far) $11 trillion RMB of debt or $2 trillion USD based on construction of new roads/airports/subways etc. All of this is made possible through the real estate boom which has seen huge increases in apartment prices which in most city now sit around a median multiple of 25-45 times the average wage (NZ is 5-6). And almost all new apartment blocks have a 10-40% occupancy rate with the others being bought by everyone from speculators to mom and pops because they have nowhere else to put their money safely.

I live down the road from a "new city" which in a couple of years is supposed to house about 2 million people. Construction started 5 years ago and the occupancy rates of apartments there is 5% with shop rents literally the same or equal to those in Manhattan (and this is a tier 2 Chinese city in the far SW). The kicker is that nobody that lives in the "old" buildings (10-20 years old) can afford to live in these new buildings because the rents would be around 60-80% of their salaries.

I am telling you... something is going to snap here. Considering it is estimated between 3-5% of all GDP growth in China is due to building infrastructure/apartments etc... considering there is a fairly untalked about mass exodus of rich Chinese buying their way into visas in foreign countries (including NZ)... considering high up government officials are increasingly buying and maintaining apartments and houses in foreign lands and hiding their passports or claiming they don't have them... considering the increasingly social discontent as farmers and pretty much everyone keeps having their land taken forcefully by the government... plus considering China's 2000 year history of revolutions based mainly on greedy landlords ... it starts to look a little scary.

blobbles
05-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Masfen sold 1.25 million shares... I don't like it when good investors sell down on my investments, even if they are just having to rebalance their portfolio...

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/243357

Xerof
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Masfen sold 1.25 million shares... I don't like it when good investors sell down on my investments, even if they are just having to rebalance their portfolio...

he also sold a LOT at ~65/75 area. Lots of reasons for selling things blobbles, not all of which are sinister.

Thought it was the same seller, brokers selling technique stood out like canines nuts. i.e. Slip them out in the morning, then get heavyhanded in the auction, so he can tell Peter what a great average he got for him compared to the close

Balance
05-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Who cares?

The last time Masfen sold was back in March this year and the 10m sold at 65c was a gift for those who bought.

It's win, win - Masfen bought those shares for 19c, made $4.6m and those who bought are up $6.5m.

NZSilver
05-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Be careful with China... I live here and see whats going on around me.

They are building infrastructure they cannot afford. The reason for doing so is because big projects make the government people look amazing which launches them up the ranks of the communist party. At the same time the way the local councils make money is by opening up new land for development, pocketing money into their own pockets and the councils. Its pretty much the only way of increasing revenue for the local councils who are under (last count... so far) $11 trillion RMB of debt or $2 trillion USD based on construction of new roads/airports/subways etc. All of this is made possible through the real estate boom which has seen huge increases in apartment prices which in most city now sit around a median multiple of 25-45 times the average wage (NZ is 5-6). And almost all new apartment blocks have a 10-40% occupancy rate with the others being bought by everyone from speculators to mom and pops because they have nowhere else to put their money safely.

I live down the road from a "new city" which in a couple of years is supposed to house about 2 million people. Construction started 5 years ago and the occupancy rates of apartments there is 5% with shop rents literally the same or equal to those in Manhattan (and this is a tier 2 Chinese city in the far SW). The kicker is that nobody that lives in the "old" buildings (10-20 years old) can afford to live in these new buildings because the rents would be around 60-80% of their salaries.

I am telling you... something is going to snap here. Considering it is estimated between 3-5% of all GDP growth in China is due to building infrastructure/apartments etc... considering there is a fairly untalked about mass exodus of rich Chinese buying their way into visas in foreign countries (including NZ)... considering high up government officials are increasingly buying and maintaining apartments and houses in foreign lands and hiding their passports or claiming they don't have them... considering the increasingly social discontent as farmers and pretty much everyone keeps having their land taken forcefully by the government... plus considering China's 2000 year history of revolutions based mainly on greedy landlords ... it starts to look a little scary.

much appreciated, interesting!

Balance
05-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I listened to a very reputable professor who predicted that China will have massive problems at some point but that point is a while away. He didn't give a time estimate but when pressed for one he hinted at something along the lines of 20 years form now....

I agree with Blobbles, I've seen it for my self as well.

I have been to China a few times in the last 5 years.

5 years ago, the Western media was full of the same scary stories of 'ghost' cities etc.

I talked to one of the executives of a big multinational who owned one of those apartments and he said he will not move there until the lease on his government apartment was up. Cheap rent from government, see but he wanted to make sure he bought and owned a property. He said it was common practice by many of the new apartment owners.

He had a good chuckle when I asked him about the scary stories and he replied 'shows how much the Western media and economists know about China.'

Well, that was 5 years ago and China is as strong as ever.

robbo24
05-11-2013, 03:54 PM
a china thread maybe ...

this stock guys ... what price in 12 months? by xmas , 31 march ...

72 cents without good news...

zymwh
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
20cent if there is another 911

2cent if a small aerolite hits our planet

MAC
05-11-2013, 04:05 PM
72 cents without good news...

Cripes, how much good news did we just recieve, try giving some DCF a go Robbo, see how you get on with a valuation for next year ?

blobbles
05-11-2013, 04:16 PM
a china thread maybe ...

this stock guys ... what price in 12 months? by xmas , 31 march ...

Steve's right, new thread here: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9422-China-thread-prospects-in-the-coming-years-boom-or-bust&p=438905#post438905

baller18
05-11-2013, 04:39 PM
yes it was good news , now i cant wait for sales ... i know i know ... but this stock could be a little ... well Bonanza??? Bonza!!!!

I'm just wondering if everyone is expecting sales to be quite low, will it bring the SP down?
If sales are high, then where will the SP be heading?

Wolf
05-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Sales will be low but i don't think it will bring the share price down. I reckon we'll get some other news with the sales report about whats happening in Spain/Europe and that they've hopefully signed another big customer.

Balance
05-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Looks like Masfen is exiting?

Today's price action (like yesterday) shows one big seller.

clip
05-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Yep was in the last page or two i think. 1.3mil shares if i recall correctly?

Mista_Trix
05-11-2013, 04:54 PM

How can you read that? What are the indicators??
Thanks.

skid
05-11-2013, 04:58 PM
said "could" .... where there is a big banking system there is global risk .. i dont care as long as i profit from it .... :)

all i want to know here is what is this stock doing ... bubbles where YAWN ...

whats this stock going to do .. and when ...

With all due respect
If there is a bubble (such as housing in China) and it breaks,there will be some raw fear out there and the first thing investors will do is dump any shares that have a bit of risk(even if they are good) and that is, along with lots others PEB.
IMHO it pays to keep the finger on the pulse of the outside economy as much as possible.
I watched it happen to alot of good shares in the last GFC.
The only Yawns back then were from sleepless nights

skid
05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes we got a bit off topic with this China thing-but 1 last comment--pick 3 or 4 health related companies and have a look at the 5 yr chart

Balance
05-11-2013, 06:21 PM
How can you read that? What are the indicators??
Thanks.

Masfen sold 1.25m shares yesterday.

Total turnover was 1.30m shares.

Copper
05-11-2013, 06:58 PM
ok ... GFC thread? health is almost gold plated ...

Which GFC is that.......can't seem to find it ....maybe me.

Xerof
05-11-2013, 07:23 PM

On the contrary, much lighter selling today, with no close on lows. Good effort today, given it went ex-rights.

Balance
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
On the contrary, much lighter selling today, with no close on lows. Good effort today, given it went ex-rights.

I like one big seller - sp will take off when Masfen finis selling.

geo
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
To take up your right(s) to purchase head shares at 55c, you complete the application form in the documentation that PEB will mail you soon, either enclosing a cheque or completing an internet transfer from your bank the 55c * no. of rights = application money (no brokerage).

Or you could sell your rights at the market price (see PEBRC)

Or you can purchase more rights and include them with your application above

Or you can let your rights lapse (not recommended since this devalues your overall investment).

BC

PLEASE STOP IT? I can't stand it any more you so called investors, If you hav.t worked out your 2/15 rights after all posts trying to help you, please sell your shares and go back to buying LOTTO tickets.

Xerof
05-11-2013, 08:08 PM
interesting to watch the new faces pour in and the lack of understanding around such basic things as market pre/post open amd rights issues beung constantly brought up...

its fantastic to see new entrants to our capital markets. Its the oil that lubricates the engine. The more the better, and this channel is a great place for learning, debate and some great research.

blobbles
05-11-2013, 08:30 PM
We all had to learn once, for me its still happening as I don't understand the exact mechanics of how everything works. All I understand really is fundamental values and the methods I use to evaluate worth, which for me seem to work pretty well. The real market mechanics though is still a slight mystery, but thanks everyone for the constant education!

Ginger_steps_
06-11-2013, 02:31 AM
From what I understand more uneducated money on the market can only be a good thing for the wiser! People have to start somewhere and I could quote quite a few people bagging out ST courses and saying the only way to learn is to put money into the market. Did you only enter the market after years of research? Highly doubt it. The NZX is going wild at the moment and an exciting time to enter and start learning. Us newbies value your and the other regular posters input, maybe even too much (in my case) but your arrogance and need to belittle people asking questions only reflects badly on yourself Moosie. Why not add some value instead and suggest some relevant reading? Because often an elightened traders "simple" answer to a question still leaves us newbs none the wiser...

Ginger_steps_
06-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Thats the spirit Miner- We appreciate it!

Dentie
06-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Rather that than have everyone go out and buy another "investment" property!

Here...here!!

False Profit
06-11-2013, 07:34 AM
It's true to say that the renounceable rights issue has been a dizzying milestone for many new to the markets.

Moosie seems to be getting a bit of a kicking at present so I'd just like to jump in and say that I've found him to be more helpful and accommodating than most. Maybe he's just having a bad day...there are others who deserve to be pushed from their pedestals.

And it was probably my post that caused all the hullabaloo regarding poor understanding of markets and trading. But making mistakes is a fine way to learn as long as it doesn't cost too much money and you don't make the same mistake again.

What does grind me is a tosser posting just to have a belly laugh at another's expense. If you're going to criticize or play the elitist card then follow up with some sage advice on top...or just save it.

Lorne Ranger
06-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Sometimes the best way to learn I reckon.

Anyway, what with this train of conversation and with the China thing, we seem to have gotten off track a bit. Maybe we should get back to PEB?

Who else is feeling pretty happy with how the SP has held up XR? Particularly given the large on market selling by Masfen.

Yeah agreed. I have been hovering over the sell button at the first sign of a significant sell off (I had pre planned to do this on the day before the rights snapshot as I thought the next morning it would dip and why hold for 13% when you can sell and re buyl for 20?) but it just hasn't happened. Sure a few cents slide but nothing of concern yet, and not enough for me risk a sellbuy. And if this is all under the weight of a larger sell-off from Masfen then it really shows a strong level of goodwill and optimism for this stock. Bravo!

skid
06-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Which GFC is that.......can't seem to find it ....maybe me.

Try blood on the floor

skid
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Back in those days the first thing you checked in the morning was what the Dow did over night--then you checked your particular share and the majority of the time it followed suit.

Im not saying to ''jump ship'' or anything like that--just that those outside forces are another part of the learning curve and there is no such thing as a share being ''gold plated'',even if they deserve to be.

Looks like PEB has found its range until further news--I think yesterday was important in that sense.

skid
06-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Rather that than have everyone go out and buy another "investment" property!

Yes That ship has already sailed for most young people these days

CJ
06-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Looks like PEB has found its range until further news--I think yesterday was important in that sense.Yesterday was excellent in my view. A small up based on the ex rights price.

The downward pressure from Masfen exiting is over for now (I think) so until he decides to reduce again (which I would expect after the next re-rating) supply should be more restricted.

CJ
06-11-2013, 09:30 AM
How come you think they 've stopped selling CJ? Hope you are right, maybe I've missed something, but I feel none the wiser about how much they intend to sell.I could be wrong. They are now below 5% but because Anatole is on the board, we should keep getting updates if they do keep selling.

Merc
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
I have a faint memory of something to do with percentages of shares held in a company. Can anyone clarify it?

If an entity owns 20% or more then they can declare intentions to take over the company. But isn't there also something about 5% or 10% ownership and rules around it?

According to the Companies site, when it was last updated, Masfen Securities were the biggest shareholder with 6.25%. Would the current sale have something to do with getting back under 5% for some sound reason?

CJ
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Imho they were sold off to pay for the rights and quite possibly the 5% comes into play as well

According to the Companies site, when it was last updated, Masfen Securities were the biggest shareholder with 6.25%. Would the current sale have something to do with getting back under 5% for some sound reason?They are now under 5% but because Anetole is a Director, they have to disclose everything anyway so the privacy of being under 5% is lost for them.

Xerof
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
They sold way more shares than required to cover the cost of rights as far as I can see.

As a general observation, holders of material positions (in anything, not just shares) in what are relatively illiquid markets, tend to transact in periods of high liquidity. IMO, a couple of these holders have used the recent window of liquidity to lighten their portfolio, particularly in $ terms. Sheesh, the most recent SSH was almost a ten bagger, and possibly Harbour too, but I think they might have got out too early. Remember Masfen also sold the earlier spike into 65/75 area, when there was liquidity.

I see nothing "sinister" in this, in terms of our well-being as minor holders, and on the other side, rumoured new holders of size, have been able to get their fill too, and possibly played it better than the locals, given its fallen gradually until going ex-rights

JMT's

Xerof
06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I doubt that they would be making any announcements while a rights issue is in progress.

under continuous disclosure rules, they are obliged to announce any material information

barney
06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
The Tim Hunter article in the Sunday Star Times last Sunday had an interesting quote from Harbour Asset Management's managing director Andrerw Bascand. " We had been expecting a February/March start of the news flow and maybe six or twelve months later some real start of sales.That's all been brought forward."

So it looks like things might be rolling along a bit quicker than everyone thought, hence the support in the share price.

ddrone
06-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Looks like $1.20 has become a real resistance point. Given that $1.14 XR is equivalent to $1.22 pre it still seems pretty reasonable that the SP should fall to around this range if no major movements happen otherwise the rights holders are at this price by all accounts getting a "free lunch" right now (especially those that bought on Tuesday).

zymwh
06-11-2013, 10:57 AM
those that bought on Tuesday was willing to take the risk so they now are able to enjoy the 'free lunch'..fair enough isn't it

gv1
06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Another great stock to keep an eye on.

ddrone
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
If it pays off.

gv1
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
If it pays off.
Something making you doubt the product/company.

ddrone
06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Something making you doubt the product/company.

Sorry, that was in response to Tumeric. No doubt, but not sure about the current price short term. Long term is a whole different story of course.

MAC
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I think DD and team should be pretty pleased with the capital raising thus far.

Turnover in PEBRC to date, as at midday today, is around 253k which equates to only 0.7% of total. Seems investors aren’t willing to let their valued entitlements go, what a great endorsement for the company.

It is early still I know, but it may also suggest that the larger holders will indeed be taking up their entitlements, there were not big volumes in PEB traded yesterday either possibly suggesting they may also be raising cash from elsewhere to fund their entitlements. Business as usual I guess, onward and upward.

Whipmoney
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I think DD and team should be pretty pleased with the capital raising thus far.

Turnover in PEBRC to date, as at midday today, is around 253k which equates to only 0.7% of total. Seems investors aren’t willing to let their valued entitlements go, what a great endorsement for the company.

It's not really an endorsement for anything.. its just a matter of the incentives not being aligned (yet) to make investors consider selling them.

If the stock drops below 1.14 then anyone exercising their rights has lost value on both their headline shares and the rights and I still believe such a retracement is reasonably probable.

zymwh
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
why? why 1.14? i think only when the head drops below 55c then exercising the rights has lost value????

CJ
06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
It's not really an endorsement for anything..
I think it is as it shows existing holders are willing to invest even more money into PEB.

ddrone
06-11-2013, 01:15 PM
why? why 1.14? i think only when the head drops below 55c then exercising the rights has lost value????

The XR pre-open was $1.14 for the head share, rights $0.59 - anything below that equals a loss prior to rights issue value of $1.22 on the head share.

VinPetrol
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
It's not really an endorsement for anything.. its just a matter of the incentives not being aligned (yet) to make investors consider selling them.

If the stock drops below 1.14 then anyone exercising their rights has lost value on both their headline shares and the rights and I still believe such a retracement is reasonably probable.

I think it is as it shows existing holders are willing to invest even more money into PEB.

If the rights issue is taken up 100% (which it will), then yes it can be seen as an endorsement. An endorsement by the investors in the PEB story going forward. However it is a biased conclusion to draw though as you probably wouldn't own PEB if you didn't believe and failure to act on the rights (sell/convert) would result in a financial loss to holders.

I believe Whipmoney is more likely to be highlighting that we can't draw conclusions yet from the low volumes of rights traded. Have I got this right?

zy... Based on the plateau price pre rights issue of 1.22 / Mcap of $342Million, all things being equal, due to dilution the shares should trade at $1.14 post rights issue. So if the SP falls below $1.14 then you have lost value on your holding + allocated rights.

However with talk of how the big sell off prior kept the price down and the wide range of valuations out there (+how many people can't seem to grasp the maths of the dilution) who really knows what fair value is right now, I guess you could say it is what the market is willing to pay.

If you are a long term holder and believe in the science and the ability of management to turn it into profits then sit back and relax, no need to get too concerned over the short term fluctuations.

gv1
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
yes you r on the money vinpetrol

robbo24
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
In terms of the viability of CXBladder, is it still a risk that CXBladder won't make it into mainstream because it is not approved by the FDA?

I've been reading some rather scathing critiques of the Laboratory Developed Test classification. One example being: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/808084

Pacific Edge is responsible for the development and determination of the performance characteristics for Cxbladder. Because Cxbladder is a Laboratory Developed Test (LDT), Cxbladder has not been cleared or approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). http://www.pacificedgedx.com/products/cxbladder/

blobbles
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I sense the rights price will trend lower over the trade period for them... Anyone thinking of selling their rights now and buying others if it drops?

ddrone
06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
I sense the rights price will trend lower over the trade period for them... Anyone thinking of selling their rights now and buying others if it drops?

I sold my heads to re-enter lower. Don't really see enough liquidity in the rights to justify trading them.

zymwh
06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
why makes things so complicate LOL lets not calculate 1.22, 1.14 five cents six cents ouch...price up and down, quite normal...some one once said this is worth 1500 cent

those count on one cent two cents should go to BLT, VML
those count on five cents six cents should go to SNK, ATM

blobbles
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I sold my heads to re-enter lower. Don't really see enough liquidity in the rights to justify trading them.

Isn't trading what you just did though? :)

I suspect there will be quite a few people ready to sell their rights as they may not have the cash to pay for them themselves, who are waiting to see what the price does. Any big movement either way and you may see a lot of liquidity... a drop today seems likely though at least.

blobbles
06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
why makes things so complicate LOL lets not calculate 1.22, 1.14 five cents six cents ouch...price up and down, quite normal...some one once said this is worth 1500 cent

The reason to make it more complicated is that it's much better owning 10k more now for when the SP is $15 later :)

CJ
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
If the rights issue is taken up 100% (which it will), then yes it can be seen as an endorsement. An endorsement by the investors in the PEB story going forward. However it is a biased conclusion to draw though as you probably wouldn't own PEB if you didn't believe and failure to act on the rights (sell/convert) would result in a financial loss to holders. My comment was based on the assumption there is a difference between holding onto shares (not such a stretch when they have just increased 200%) and actually investing more money into the company, especially given the recent increase means most holders will be overweight for was is still a high risk stock.

ddrone
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Isn't trading what you just did though? :)

I suspect there will be quite a few people ready to sell their rights as they may not have the cash to pay for them themselves, who are waiting to see what the price does. Any big movement either way and you may see a lot of liquidity... a drop today seems likely though at least.

To clarify, I haven't traded the associated rights.

CJ
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I sense the rights price will trend lower over the trade period for them... Anyone thinking of selling their rights now and buying others if it drops?I have checked a few times and there is no arbitrage between the heads and the rights. If the price goes down, it is because of excess supply due to holders not wanting to invest more into the company.

MAC
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
I’m not sure I’d use very short term moves in share price to judge the performance of a capital raising. That investment of $20.5M is effectively for the engagement of people and operational consumables, a big expansion of the sales team from 4 to 20 and for laboratory staff, although I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see this capital raising start to contribute significantly to revenues within a year, effectively if you like pulling forward the US $100M gross revenues target.

It seems to me that long investors are holding and are confidently further financing the growth of this company. And why not, with good management that have an exceptional track record of meeting targets, often exceeding them, it all bodes well for PEB.

Bobcat.
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
No need to fret over a falling head share price during a rights issue - it's quite normal. If it falls further (say below 110), the Contraian investor in me sees that as an opportunity to buy more - either via the rights or a straight out head share purchase, rather than to get nervous about a perceived drop in value of this company. Its value remains, regardless of price movements this week and next.

Discl: holding and looking for a price dip sufficiently attractive to buy another parcel.

skid
06-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Interesting there was a 1 day lag--I think most thought it would happen yesterday

silu
06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Sorry I should have read the whole thread to it but it seems this could be quite a little player around the $1.10 mark. Is it due to confusion regarding the Rights Issue? Might buy an initial stake soon.

Whipmoney
06-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Well the difference between $1.22 and $1.14 is circa 6.5% which is substantial when you start adding a few zero's to the amount of capital you have invested in this stock.

zymwh
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM
6.5%..well, make sense...not a bad short term profit

blobbles
06-11-2013, 05:25 PM
That was a pretty cheeky little trade at the end of the day taking the PEBRC price down 4c on 400 volume.

PlatnuM195
07-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11152636

clip
07-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Just saw that in my morning report, no real data/news in it more a feel good opinion piece I feel. Interested to see what effect it has. Disc; holding and hnlikely to increase today

Nigel
07-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Just saw that in my morning report, no real data/news in it more a feel good opinion piece I feel. Interested to see what effect it has. Disc; holding and hnlikely to increase today

I think there is new news (although maybe I've just missed stuff!).

I wasn't across the Veterans' Administration opportunity which seems to be progressing well.

She said Pacific Edge was also working closely with the Veterans Administration, which provides healthcare to former members of the US armed forces.

"The difference (from CMS) is the VA is both a provider and a payer." The VA was a particularly lucrative opportunity for Pacific Edge.

"Certainly there are a large number of vets who in their service for their country were exposed to a lot of environmental things (such as Agent Orange in Vietnam) that increase the incidence of bladder cancer."

The talk about Medicare and Medicade was also the most positive I've heard (in terms of confidence of a deal being done).

Jackie Walker, chief executive of Pacific Edge Diagnostics USA, said the US Centres for Medicare and Medicade Services (CMS) - which oversees Government-funded health insurance programmes for senior citizens and low-income earners - was impressed with Cxbladder's potential.

"Together (CMS) cover about a hundred million lives," said Walker, who was in New Zealand last week. "So obviously we have to work closely with them and we're in the process of doing that right now working to get coverage from them."

Certainly enough to get me excited and expecting some price action today. Bring on 10am :)

clip
07-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Hmm true. Sorry, still in bed/half asleep when I read it, kinda forgot about the vets part heh. Still not sure i will top up but exciting all the same :D

Minerbarejet
07-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Good call Sparky, bang on so far.:)

gv1
07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
From 15 June this year:

As I predicted some time ago, PEB's work on the military, veteran's hospitals and other vertical markets is coming to fruition by 4th Quarter 2013. I still believe the big results will come through by July 2014, perhaps by October next year. But come they will.
Welcome STC, good to hear from you, missed ya.

Nigel
07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Hmmmmm after reading the article me thinks you must be easily excited nigel, did you buy RAK share's at $5 as well.

No $5 Rakon, but some $1 Xero :). (Confession: sold my Xero years ago and am kicking myself!)

I think I'm just aware that PEB seems to be quite "announcement-driven" so am expecting a bit of movement today. Today's media is a flag that discussions are progressing and my guess is we're pretty close to these new announcements.

This could be a catalyst for people buying in (or back in) in anticipation of these new deals. There will be many who don't want to miss out on the next jump.

I'll be more excited when the actual deals are signed, but this interview tells me these key parties like the product and it's just a matter of time.

Xerof
07-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Is that the smell of ink drying on paper I can detect?

great if it is, but I'd like to see some LUG's get behind it early on as well.

PlatnuM195
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I'd say the article at least confirms that they're in the process of discussing deals. Just imagine if there was zero news for 3 months, compared to semi-regular updates on how active the discussions were. I'm sure it affects market sentiment.

MAC
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I'd say the article at least confirms that they're in the process of discussing deals. Just imagine if there was zero news for 3 months, compared to semi-regular updates on how active the discussions were. I'm sure it affects market sentiment.

I’m I only one who finds it peculiar that a local article in the NZ Herald should move the market. I’m more interested in the leap in exposure PEB are starting to get now on the industry news forums, I wasn’t seeing this to the same extent three months ago.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/2013/10/30/pacific-edge-pact-with-fedmed-offers-americans-access-to-cxbladder-non-invasive--a-412229.html#.UnqysXCnqro

http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/article.cfm?Article_ID=1122983 (http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/article.cfm?Article_ID=1122983)

Balance
07-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I’m I only one who finds it peculiar that a local article in the NZ Herald should move the market. I’m more interested in the leap in exposure PEB are starting to get now on the industry news forums, I wasn’t seeing this to the same extent three months ago.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/2013/10/30/pacific-edge-pact-with-fedmed-offers-americans-access-to-cxbladder-non-invasive--a-412229.html#.UnqysXCnqro

http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/article.cfm?Article_ID=1122983 (http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/article.cfm?Article_ID=1122983)

To be expected surely? A NZ news article with the stock listed in NZX will have investors and punters reaching for their phone or internet to place an order. An article in a medical journal is excellent for PEB's business but not nexcessary interest in investing in PEB - different audience.

gv1
07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Good for sales though then good news for s/holders, then more interests...

clip
07-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Interesting that PEBRC has had a good jump today (i make it 16% currently) and PEB hasn't moved much? Although this could be in line with the pattern of PEBRC buying in the morning and selling off in the afternoon, i guess with cheaper prices for the rights the traders are having more of an effect on the price. Personally I still don't think the nzherald article has any solid news/results/evidence of advancements to make much of an impact.
If i'm way off here feel free to correct me, i'm very new to this :)
/edit at these prices i'm very tempted to sell at 64-65 and try buy back in this afternoon.. i don't want to miss out on any more rights than I currently have though :P

Balance
07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Interesting that PEBRC has had a good jump today (i make it 16% currently) and PEB hasn't moved much? Although this could be in line with the pattern of PEBRC buying in the morning and selling off in the afternoon, i guess with cheaper prices for the rights the traders are having more of an effect on the price. Personally I still don't think the nzherald article has any solid news/results/evidence of advancements to make much of an impact.
If i'm way off here feel free to correct me, i'm very new to this :)
/edit at these prices i'm very tempted to sell at 64-65 and try buy back in this afternoon.. i don't want to miss out on any more rights than I currently have though :P

Not really - 65c + 55c = $1.20 which is where the head share is trading at.

VinPetrol
07-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Clip,

The only reason it is showing a 16% hike as someone pointed out earlier was that there was a tiny trade of rights well below vwap yesterday afternoon. That and due to the movements of PEB and PEBRC literally being $ for $, the percentage move will be larger with PEBRC.

PEBRC are tracking roughly where they should be against PEB ala ~55c difference. Unless PEB retraces after todays new enthusiasm, you are unlikely to get your rights back cheaper.

clip
07-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Not really - 65c + 55c = $1.20 which is where the head share is trading at.

True and valid, silly of me to miss that. However yesterday head share was 1.18 and rights closed at 56c if i'm reading right (1.11) so a bit of discrepancy. Prediction - rights will close at 57c, head share $1.22-$1.23. Based on gut feeling and no analysis, i would recommend nobody to take any serious notice of my musings :)

/edit ah thanks Vin. Didn't see/read the below VWAP trade yesterday avo. Not sure if this invalidates my points above. Will leave predictions as a test for myself to see how close i am/aren't :)

Balance
07-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Meanwhile, looks like Masfen is still unloading.

Interesting.

Reverse strategy to averaging down by buying on the way down, Masfen is averaging up by selling on the way up?

Lorne Ranger
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM

See: DIL for an example of where no news can make investors nervous (as well actual news making them nervous!)

Bobcat.
07-11-2013, 11:01 AM
The 55c trade last night on PEBRC was an abberation (and a very small volume). VWAP was approx 62c. As usual, rights trade a little lower than the head share (dragging it down). There are normally more people that choose not to take up their rights (and so want to sell them) than people that want more rights (since most investors have enough already).

That can change however, especially as the sp drops to 115, like what happened yesterday when support at 60c held fast.

BC

PlatnuM195
07-11-2013, 11:02 AM
See: DIL for an example of where no news can make investors nervous (as well actual news making them nervous!)

Just imagine if DIL released a statement saying they're close to releasing a new product, or they're preparing for a NASDAQ listing but with no confirmed timeline. It'd probably still improve the sentiment.

Nigel
07-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Snapiti, an agreement with the VA would be massive. This article, IMHO, suggests the probability of such an agreement is quite high!

Agree... Sentiment about these new partnerships was very positive in the article.

Nigel
07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
And hitting the medical professionals audience too... Here's their stand at the USANZ New Zealand Section Meeting and New Zealand Urological Society Conference that's on at the moment in the Bay of Islands. Looking sharp. And more importantly hopefully getting buy-in from key stakeholders.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=642109889173806&set=a.612440698807392.1073741827.111356775582456&type=1&theater

ddrone
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Looks like the SP has settled around $1.22. Mmmm boring.

winner69
07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
And hitting the medical professionals audience too... Here's their stand at the USANZ New Zealand Section Meeting and New Zealand Urological Society Conference that's on at the moment in the Bay of Islands. Looking sharp. And more importantly hopefully getting buy-in from key stakeholders.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=642109889173806&set=a.612440698807392.1073741827.111356775582456&type=1&theater

hope you 'liked' it .... all the staff seem to have

blobbles
07-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I realise that tumeric my comment was more directed at the suggestion that this news article might move the shareprice somewhat.
If you had taken more notice of my posting history on this thread you would have noticed that IMHO I think should such announcement come PEB will have a 2 in front of the share price.

Based on the exuberance around the place, its probably going to have a 20 in front of it at the next announcement! Hell, why not a 40?

blobbles
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Based on the exuberance around the place, its probably going to have a 20 in front of it at the next announcement! Hell, why not a 40?

Actually, cancel that, they aren't losing enough money yet to be considered in the 20's. Likely only in the 5's at this rate of cash burn.

Since that is how we value companies now, why not aye? :) :p

Copper
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Meanwhile, looks like Masfen is still unloading.

Interesting

Reverse strategy to averaging down by buying on the way down, Masfen is averaging up by selling on the way up?

Balance....You should actually frame that quote.....In all my time spent in the industry I have not heard that expression before..Good on you.
I thought you had been in the Galapagos Is. With Mark Weldon looking for ferocious sharks and writhing eels and blinded possums and moths.And possibly Erics flying pigs.
Kindest regards........

Xerof
07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
PEB behaved like a defensive blue chip today, compared to a few others high on the ST popularity list......

heads and rights not even offering an arbitrage yet. Suspect they 'could' once the Nominee has been given the ineligibles rights to offer out next week. But seemingly good demand currently apparent for both PEB and PEBRC

If da man IS still selling, its not as urgent as pre-ex rights date, (or he's found a decent broker)

Copper
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM
PEB behaved like a defensive blue chip today, compared to a few others high on the ST popularity list......

heads and rights not even offering an arbitrage yet. Suspect they 'could' once the Nominee has been given the ineligibles rights to offer out next week. But seemingly good demand currently apparent for both PEB and PEBRC

If da man IS still selling, its not as urgent as pre-ex rights date, (or he's found a decent broker)

Grief.. If you are trading that tight I personally would give up before you get a coronary....

Xerof
07-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Nothing to do with trading copper, just observing how stable and orderly the rights window period has been today

gee, hard to get context sometimes

Copper
07-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Nothing to do with trading copper, just observing how stable and orderly the rights window period has been today

gee, hard to get context sometimes

Sorry no offense but age tends to get me agitated with small things .Personally I think this thing has got all the pointers that make it good.The rights trading is just a sideshow. The rights will trade in line with the head shares except for the odd aberration.Watch it when rights trading ceases.Let's hope still a buoyant market..kind regards .....

Lost in space
08-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Someone sold me their rights for 64 this morning - thanks very much! Seller @ 1.24 taken out and unless Masfen is lurking around in background its looking rather nice now.

baller18
08-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Yup and 1.25 is nearly all taken as well. Once rights trading is finished, north is the only way to go!!!

jonu
08-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Have to wonder if the firming of the sp at the moment is a result of people exiting xero and looking to get back in after selling earlier to catch the xero bus.

Toasty
08-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Have to wonder if the firming of the sp at the moment is a result of people exiting xero and looking to get back in after selling earlier to catch the xero bus.

I have to be honest. I am a Xero Bus rider all the way to 4000%...I mean 3100%...I mean 3300%.. Part of the appeal of PEB is the possibility that if the stars align we could have another substantial winner on our hands. Having said that I can't personally think of a biotech company that has actually done well so I acknowledge that this is another punt on my part.

geo
08-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I have to be honest. I am a Xero Bus rider all the way to 4000%...I mean 3100%...I mean 3300%.. Part of the appeal of PEB is the possibility that if the stars align we could have another substantial winner on our hands. Having said that I can't personally think of a biotech company that has actually done well so I acknowledge that this is another punt on my part.

Until a NZ biotech company came to the market, and shows all the signs of doing very well. This a good punt on your part hope you stick with it.

Toasty
08-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Until a NZ biotech company came to the market, and shows all the signs of doing very well. This a good punt on your part hope you stick with it.

Thanks Geo. I am in for the long haul as I am an awful trader.

Part of the appeal with this stock is participating in something which makes life a bit easier for cancer sufferers out there. I would like to think that if something bad happens to me that there will be this kind of non invasive diagnostic tech available that will prevent me having to have all sorts of weird things stuck in various places where things weren't meant to go. Seems like a good concept to support.

PlatnuM195
08-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I don't think the price will skyrocket right after the rights issue. Wouldn't the rights issue essentially mean the price is being held back by the 2/15 dilution factor at the moment already?

Unless the market is in a 'wait and see' mood right now.

baller18
08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Nope won't skyrocket, but steady she goes, till another big contract gets signed up :D

Lost in space
08-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Well I've bought tens of thousands today to add to my large stockpile at average cost of 77 cents. Now someone else's turn - come on boys!

Xerof
08-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Buzz-o-bumble the BOT has arrived for a cameo appearance

ddrone
08-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Well I've bought tens of thousands today to add to my large stockpile at average cost of 77 cents. Now someone else's turn - come on boys!

I think this is the best illustration of this forum having a bit of SP influence I've ever seen. Btw, thanks for pushing the price up :P

tosspot
08-11-2013, 02:06 PM
I think this is the best illustration of this forum having a bit of SP influence I've ever seen. Btw, thanks for pushing the price up :P
Yea i think this stock is influenced by this site more than most. which is great band together, we all swim up

baller18
08-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Yea i think this stock is influenced by this site more than most. which is great band together, we all swim up
I highly doubt this PEB forum actually influences the SP much...

Slowlearna
08-11-2013, 02:13 PM

we could see? no one sell for the next week!

clip
08-11-2013, 02:15 PM
How about we all sell and see what happens. I won't buy more, honest :p

hilskin
08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
How about we all sell and see what happens. I won't buy more, honest :p

Like the way you think Clip, I like your idea the best:)

ddrone
08-11-2013, 02:37 PM

Trades today have been very very small volume, definitely retail investors so there is some weight to the theory.

Xerof
08-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Trades today have been very very small volume, definitely retail investors so there is some weight to the theory.

oh dear

as I said about an hour ago, the HIGH FREQUENCY TRADING automated robotic algorythm had just joined the party.

This technique is usually used to distribute or accumulate large volumes of shares without frightening the natives.

It leaves a footprint of hundreds of small trades, usually in clusters about every three minutes

Definitely NOT retail investors

warthog
08-11-2013, 03:17 PM

What's your logic Lostinspace?

Are you purchasing rights at $0.77 average and then exercising @$0.55 to give a head share cost of $1.31?

Can't be correct as you would just purchase heads far cheaper at market (currently $1.26).

Or are you stocking up on heads at market, adding to your previous holdings, giving an average entry-price of $0.77? In which case you must have picked up quite a few at $0.28 or thereabouts.

Lost in space
08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
What's your logic Lostinspace?

Are you purchasing rights at $0.77 average and then exercising @$0.55 to give a head share cost of $1.31?

Can't be correct as you would just purchase heads far cheaper at market (currently $1.26).

Or are you stocking up on heads at market, adding to your previous holdings, giving an average entry-price of $0.77? In which case you must have picked up quite a few at $0.28 or thereabouts.

Have bough rights today when out of alignment with heads (such as buying rights @ 0.64, 0.66) and also buying heads. The 0.77 is my average cost for a large holding. Yip, been buying when the share seemed 'boring' and not flavour of month. Patience has been my master and slave dealing in stocks for many years. Patience is seriously underrated. I'm using patience on other stocks that in 2 - 3 years will pay off I believe.
The irony is that often jonny-come-lately's come along and start brandishing words like 'hype' 'bubble'. I've got them on the XRO thread. But where were they when XRO was $0.90c, $1.20. I can remember being at a BBQ at Piha around 2008 and getting rubbished by my accountant friend lol for investing. I buy reasonably small amounts regularly and this results in a low average price and minimises risks. From time to time I get it wrong (Mr Market deals to me) but I cut losses and let profits run. A lot of investors do the opposite.

warthog
08-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Have bough rights today when out of alignment with heads

OK that's all the Hog wanted to know: that you're adding to an existing and $0.77 is your average entry across your entire holding.

Your accountant friend joins various other advisors who recommended against XRO when they were under a buck.

Discl: PEB, PEBRC, TME, MELCA.

Whipmoney
08-11-2013, 04:36 PM
oh dear

as I said about an hour ago, the HIGH FREQUENCY TRADING automated robotic algorythm had just joined the party.

This technique is usually used to distribute or accumulate large volumes of shares without frightening the natives.

It leaves a footprint of hundreds of small trades, usually in clusters about every three minutes

Definitely NOT retail investors

The Bot is definitely selling (on behalf of Insto's) and has been responsible for about half of today's volume by my count.

Interesting to see that there's still a decent influx of buyers which by the block sizes look to be retail to mid-level sophisticated investors. Hard to tell if there are any funds buying in.

Disc: sidelined.

garfy
08-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I am not familiar with 'The Bot', but I certainly noticed today lots of small parcels being traded -
PEB: 147 to 628 volume…
SUM: 156 ~ 6 times between 15:30 & 16:30
WHS: 136 ~ 8 times between 15:30 & 16:30

I would be very interested to learn why.

winner69
08-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I am not familiar with 'The Bot', but I certainly noticed today lots of small parcels being traded -
PEB: 147 to 628 volume…
SUM: 156 ~ 6 times between 15:30 & 16:30
WHS: 136 ~ 8 times between 15:30 & 16:30

I would be very interested to learn why.

Start here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmic_trading

Others here might explain what is going with PEB today as a live example

zymwh
08-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I think its used today to cap the share price from flying before the market close. Why I don't know. Anyway its not HFT...keen to learn from others also

baller18
08-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I think its used today to cap the share price from flying before the market close. Why I don't know. Anyway its not HFT...keen to learn from others also
If it's selling, wouldn't it be doing this to prevent the SP from going down rather than up?

zymwh
08-11-2013, 05:29 PM
So I think its not selling. Just to use his 200k or so shares to gently keep the price under 217c. Just my thought. If its selling I would expect some fake bids right? Not so sure. Will do more googling tonight

Whipmoney
08-11-2013, 05:50 PM
So I think its not selling. Just to use his 200k or so shares to gently keep the price under 217c. Just my thought. If its selling I would expect some fake bids right? Not so sure. Will do more googling tonight

It's definitely selling. All of the trades in the last few hours were conducted at market against the bid side blocks (1.26, 1.25, some 1.24), and despite fresh buyers joining in, the blocks were still being nibbled at. If it were a buyer then the ask that would have been getting eaten up.

Why were they selling? Well given they are using a bot it and trading in very small parcels (generally between a hundred and four hundred shares per trade) I would suspect they were looking to maximize their sell returns which suggests they are a clear seller looking for a clean and profitable exit.

I don't know enough about algorithmic trading to know if this is a short-term trader or long-term investor so it could be a big seller quietly exiting, or a short-term trading who will buy back in at a reduced price.

Time will tell....

nextbigthing
08-11-2013, 06:49 PM
How do they avoid getting nailed on transaction fees for all these tiny trades?

baller18
08-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Don't they have to pay a transaction fee?
I can understand larger parcels being sold, but such small parcels in the hundreds? doesn't quite make sense

Xerof
08-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Same as day traders - buys and sells offset at EOD, bro and exchange fee paid on O/s balance I would think, similar to arrangements you can get in Oz

Intel
08-11-2013, 09:25 PM
There is a lot of incorrect info about these "algo trades" most likely, like 99.9% is an insto selling or buying. Order most likely to be targetin twap ( time weighted average price) or vwap(volume weighted) over the day. The algos will be running through DMA where comm is about 0.1% of total trade value. Everyone on this board needs to understand the reasons why insto buy or sell. Cash inflows or outflows will cause them to sell equal portions of all sticks they hold. Could be coming up against compliance limits and are forced sellers. Also you have a rights issue coming up that has an iversubscription facility so wouldn't be surprised if insto is making room for that. This stock has increased 600% in the last year. Think about how that will effect the total risk of a portfolio and you will understand why instos will continually trade as prices go up.. I would think masfen and harbor were forced sellers of this stock do to reasons above and if it goes up more they will face the same issues albeit nice ones to have.

jonu
08-11-2013, 09:33 PM
There is a lot of incorrect info about these "algo trades" most likely, like 99.9% is an insto selling or buying. Order most likely to be targetin twap ( time weighted average price) or vwap(volume weighted) over the day. The algos will be running through DMA where comm is about 0.1% of total trade value. Everyone on this board needs to understand the reasons why insto buy or sell. Cash inflows or outflows will cause them to sell equal portions of all sticks they hold. Could be coming up against compliance limits and are forced sellers. Also you have a rights issue coming up that has an iversubscription facility so wouldn't be surprised if insto is making room for that. This stock has increased 600% in the last year. Think about how that will effect the total risk of a portfolio and you will understand why instos will continually trade as prices go up.. I would think masfen and harbor were forced sellers of this stock do to reasons above and if it goes up more they will face the same issues albeit nice ones to have.

Thanks Intel. Nice to see a concise knowledgeable assessment!

Copper
09-11-2013, 07:00 AM

Good description.....I asked a broker once about all the sales of 10-24-18-21 etc.and was told it was the institutions with index funds and the like just balancing the percentages of holdings.They may do it at the end of the day or when they get back from lunch.Doesn't seem to be any particular time within the market but I have noticed it is often at a low point or high point relative to the days trades.Hope that expands the reasoning a little.They do it direct so no brokerage fees etc

Mista_Trix
09-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Excellent post!!

Copper
10-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Although I have posted above I must add that is one of the best informative posts I have seen recently. Well done.
Kinder regards....

garfy
11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks to all who added to my understanding about the numerous small trades, on PEB and WHS, SUM.

The 'instos' show the power and influence of numbers (=$) - they can buy in big numbers, but also have the ability to buy in small numbers - again, and again, and…..

To the small investors - know your station!

Lost in space
11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
PEB looking nice and firm in early trading. Buyers moving up on price points. Any announcement would be like a match stick on tinder...

baller18
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
not much dilution for the rights huh...

zymwh
11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Where is that bro who said YOU ARE WRONG to me

warthog
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
PEB looking nice and firm in early trading. Buyers moving up on price points. Any announcement would be like a match stick on tinder...

Seriously, Lostinspace, no offence but who is your audience?

These throwaway comments are long noise and short signal.

A bit like the midday business news on National Radio.

warthog
11-11-2013, 10:42 AM
not much dilution for the rights huh...

Huh?

You'll have to wait a while until you know what the dilution actually is.

Lost in space
11-11-2013, 10:43 AM
The 64k seller @ 1.30 got taken out in 6 minutes so there's a bit a strength here at the moment. No weakness during this rights trading!

They say you don't know who's swimming naked until the tide go out and no one obviously wants to be out of holding stock in case an announcement is made.

Whipmoney
11-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Whilst its not very substantive I think he's on the money. Expecting to break 1.40 today.

Lost in space
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Have gone back many many pages to find something that you have said on this thread that would constitute something that you yourself would say is substantive. Can''t find anything. Care to throw something out?

jonu
11-11-2013, 10:53 AM
The 64k seller @ 1.30 got taken out in 6 minutes so there's a bit a strength here at the moment. No weakness during this rights trading!

They say you don't know who's swimming naked until the tide go out and no one obviously wants to be out of holding stock in case an announcement is made.

You're starting to sound an awful lot like Moosie 900. You haven't had an ID change have you Moose?

baller18
11-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Announcement or not, I still like to hear what others thoughts are on PEB achieving their revenue target of 100million.
I have been doing a bit of analysing from what Blobbles has posted and it definitely makes a lot of sense.

Why would a doctor use CX bladder straight away with a patient if only 5% of the cases are bladder cancer with patients presenting with haematuria?
Doctors would only use it, if 95% of the other cases have been excluded.
If cystoscopy can diagnose the other 95% of cases, why would a doctor recommend CXbladder? Doesn't quite make sense to me.
If we were doctors ourselves, would you use a diagnostic tests which can identify 95% of the problem or one which detects the 5%?
If this is the case, the potential market for CX bladder significantly shrinks right? There are 72,000 new cases in the states a year...
Would all cases use CXbladder? I highly doubt so at this stage, to say if 50% of the cases were identified by CXbladder, this would be a revenue of 20million a year in the states...

Blue Horseshoe
11-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Not sure on the revenues, but don't forget they have other products in the pipeline.

MAC
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Announcement or not, I still like to hear what others thoughts are on PEB achieving their revenue target of 100million.
I have been doing a bit of analysing from what Blobbles has posted and it definitely makes a lot of sense.

Why would a doctor use CX bladder straight away with a patient if only 5% of the cases are bladder cancer with patients presenting with haematuria?
Doctors would only use it, if 95% of the other cases have been excluded.
If cystoscopy can diagnose the other 95% of cases, why would a doctor recommend CXbladder? Doesn't quite make sense to me.
If we were doctors ourselves, would you use a diagnostic tests which can identify 95% of the problem or one which detects the 5%?
If this is the case, the potential market for CX bladder significantly shrinks right? There are 72,000 new cases in the states a year...
Would all cases use CXbladder? I highly doubt so at this stage, to say if 50% of the cases were identified by CXbladder, this would be a revenue of 20million a year in the states...

This is the PEB statement on market potential, note the references, it is based on research data from Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, et al. Cancer statistics, 2008. CA Cancer. The figures do not take into account patients who experience recurrence of bladder cancer. Recurrence rate for bladder cancer ranges from 50% to 70% over a five year period.

Baller, perhaps you have a specific reason for doubting this research, or perhaps you could offer alternative research for discussion and consideration.

baller18
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Really - Again!
I'm sorry hankcocks, I will go back and read the thread again if you have explained it in detail!

whatsup
11-11-2013, 11:28 AM
This is the PEB statement on market potential, note the references, it is based on research data from Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, et al. Cancer statistics, 2008. CA Cancer. The figures do not take into account patients who experience recurrence of bladder cancer. Recurrence rate for bladder cancer ranges from 50% to 70% over a five year period.

Baller, perhaps you have a specific reason for doubting this research, or perhaps you could offer alternative research for discussion and consideration.

Mac where can one down load and print out that info?

blobbles
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Ahaaaa! Thanks Mac for this, it's the data I have been looking for which in many ways gives me more confidence about the market size. Cheers!

baller18
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks MAC! Will go away and do more research! Thanks again!

MAC
11-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Mac where can one down load and print out that info?

Hi Whatsup, I noticed over the weekend that some of the links within the PEB website have been removed, or probably were just not kept when the website was upgraded a few weeks ago.

The reference above comes from the 2011 capital raising presentation which you can still find though on the NZX site here;

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/143330.pdf

Danzx
11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Whilst its not very substantive I think he's on the money. Expecting to break 1.40 today.

Looking like a fine prediction....

Balance
11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Be crazy to sell.

An announcement on Veterans Admin or Medicade or Medicare will see the sp go to $2.00 at least.

How's that for a thought on Monday?

goldfish
11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Hmmm and whats pushing this up today? Market fluctuations or something else?

whatsup
11-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Whatsup, I noticed over the weekend that some of the links within the PEB website have been removed, or probably were just not kept when the website was upgraded a few weeks ago.

The reference above comes from the 2011 capital raising presentation which you can still find though on the NZX site here;

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/143330.pdf

Thanks Mac, I always wondered where that $100 mil T/O figure that the ceo quoted originated from, cheers.

Wolf
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM
I was thinking that some of the traders on geo and xero may have switched to PEB, or maybe the Masfen's have finished selling getting rid of the downwards pressure.

ddrone
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Hmmm and whats pushing this up today? Market fluctuations or something else?

Reaction to the speculation of a VA deal probably.

Copper
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
I hope all you researchers keep an eye on the share price as well.It's gone up 10%.....

goldfish
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Anyone think its worth selling a few that where bought at the 120 mark, then buying back if/when it drops for a small profit? Or to risky for small reward.

gv1
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Whats happening here T.

gv1
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Anyone think its worth selling a few that where bought at the 120 mark, then buying back if/when it drops for a small profit? Or to risky for small reward.
Why would you want to do that?

MAC
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Of interest too when I look at the 2012 research from Jemal, Siegel and Ward, they state the annual occurrence of bladder cancer in the US to now be 73k, this is up from the 68k used by PEB in their assessment as based on the 2008 research. Seems there are increasingly more poor unfortunates with bladder cancer.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.3322/caac.20138/full

Balance
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM

It's called penny wise, pound foolish.

Anyone trying to trade a stock like PEB will miss the big gap up.

goldfish
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
To make some money.

Dentie
11-11-2013, 11:58 AM
To make some money.

Avarice leads to losses!

goldfish
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM

You are probably right, looks like I missed the peak anyway, if i wanted to do that.

goldfish
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM

You are probably right, looks like I missed the peak anyway, if i wanted to do that.

edit:is there a echo

MAC
11-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I hope all you researchers keep an eye on the share price as well.It's gone up 10%.....

With years of wee step up's yet to come it's hard to get excited about every one Copper.

Minerbarejet
11-11-2013, 12:04 PM

edit:is there a echomate, you really should try to look past the end of your bonnet

Mista_Trix
11-11-2013, 12:05 PM

I think it depends on your investing strategy, how much money you've got in, what proportion of that amount you're 'trading with' versus 'investing', and if you have also considered the Tax implications.

Balance
11-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Profit is a profit, so try to be always happy?

warthog
11-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Have gone back many many pages to find something that you have said on this thread that would constitute something that you yourself would say is substantive. Can''t find anything.

Yes, Lostinspace, that's right: the Hog doesn't say anything when there's nothing of value to say.

This notion can't be hard to understand.

Care to throw something out?

Yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Lost in space
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes, Lostinspace, that's right: the Hog doesn't say anything when there's nothing of value to say.

This notion can't be hard to understand.

Yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Probably should have defined "throw something out" to mean some reference to the stock on this thread...

steve06
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
gone up 9.5% someone knows something we don't?

Whipmoney
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Or the big drop..

Mista_Trix
11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Or the big drop..

While yes one should't be overly optimistic, it appears there is a bit of support forming for these prices.
On a balance of probabilities I'd say at this point its more likely to gap up than down.

blobbles
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
gone up 9.5% someone knows something we don't?

Yep, even though I hold, a random jump up, even on the upside is a little disconcerting. Especially considering it settles so well after announcements... *cough cough* insider *cough cough* trading? *cough hoik ptuey*.... smells to me like its being traded heavily again though looking at the orders going through...

Balance
11-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Yep, even though I hold, a random jump up, even on the upside is a little disconcerting. Especially considering it settles so well after announcements... *cough cough* insider *cough cough* trading? *cough hoik ptuey*.... smells to me like its being traded heavily again though looking at the orders going through...

Just read an article in the Star Times by Tim Hunter on PEB.

Urologists are a very conservative lot but the merits of CxBladder are so compelling that they are going to have to use it.

$78m profit from CxBladder alone on the cards.

steve06
11-11-2013, 02:17 PM
and with the year coming to an end and the AGM coming up, announcement with a local DHB or two is a possibility.. possibly a few whispers or two floating out there..

Harvey Specter
11-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Yep, even though I hold, a random jump up, even on the upside is a little disconcerting. Especially considering it settles so well after announcements... *cough cough* insider *cough cough* trading? *cough hoik ptuey*.... smells to me like its being traded heavily again though looking at the orders going through...Maybe they have realised that Masfen has stopped selling for now which was creating down pressure on the share price.

Slam dunk
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Just read an article in the Star Times by Tim Hunter on PEB.

Urologists are a very conservative lot but the merits of CxBladder are so compelling that they are going to have to use it.

$78m profit from CxBladder alone on the cards.

Are you able to post a link Balance? I'm having trouble finding it.

thanks

Balance
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Are you able to post a link Balance? I'm having trouble finding it.

thanks

I read it in the actual newspaper. No link unfortunately to the article in the online version.

G on
11-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Go to ASB Securities there's a bit there that might help

Slam dunk
11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Do you have to be an asb member to read that?

False Profit
11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
PEB
11/11/2013 16:04
RIGHT

REL: 1604 HRS Pacific Edge Limited

RIGHT: PEB: Despatch Notice

11 November 2013

Pacific Edge despatch of Offer Document and Entitlement and Acceptance Forms

Pacific Edge Limited confirms that despatch to eligible shareholders of the
Offer Document and the accompanying personalised Entitlement and Acceptance
Forms relating to its pro-rata, renounceable entitlement offer of 2 shares
for every 15 shares held, announced on 23 October 2013, has been completed
today.

Media Enquiries
John Draper 021 581 234
End CA:00243626 For:PEB Type:RIGHT Time:2013-11-11 16:04:14

Dentie
11-11-2013, 04:09 PM
So, we said all along patients will bang the drums and make people aware ....

http://www.nwherald.com/2013/11/08/crystal-lake-bladder-cancer-survivor-headed-to-d-c/atttk9n/

warthog
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
brokers expect the share price to flatten after selling of rights .... some dont want to buy the right at .80 cents ...

Which brokers? The same brokers who advised a sell-down in XRO holdings last year?

Lorne Ranger
11-11-2013, 05:35 PM
brokers expect the share price to flatten after selling of rights .... some dont want to buy the right at .80 cents ...

Seriously I think you have to be a little more qualified in your statements SS. "Some" can mean just slightly more than zero. Im sure everyone wants shares and rights as cheaply as possible, and its counter-intuitive surely than prices would flatten out AFTER the selling of rights. What are you really trying to achieve here with this comment?

etrader
11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
1.40 heads and 10c worth of free options on top puts the heads only .25c under their peak I'm a happy holder !!!!

The 20 mill cash in the bank is a good thing

Longhaul
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Assuming other holders are going to apply for additional shares through the oversubscription facility? Seems like a no-brainer.

From rights offer letter: "Eligible shareholders who accept their entitlement in full may also apply for an additional number of new shares at the same subscription price in excess of their Entitlement up to a maximum of 100% of their original entitlement through the Oversubscription Facility".

clip
11-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Will be taking every one I can get me grubby mits on :D

Dubdee
12-11-2013, 08:45 AM
there seems to be lots of discussion about the rights issue, but i as a holder of PEB have received nothing from the company about my entitlement.

Has anyone received the rights documentation, or is it a virtual offer?

tosspot
12-11-2013, 08:54 AM
there seems to be lots of discussion about the rights issue, but i as a holder of PEB have received nothing from the company about my entitlement.

I assume it was sent out yesterday so should arrive in the post today or tomorrow.

GR8DAY
12-11-2013, 08:57 AM

.....no nothing has been received from the company. To verify your entitlement either go on-line and check through the registry site (LINK Market?) or if you use an on-line broker your entitlemnt should show up under "portfolio" maybe?? My "freebies" are now long sold and a new bike is on the way!!

Minerbarejet
12-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Post 4676 says it all