PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

pierre
26-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Rubbish, the management is there to "build " a company not sell it , and major overseas farma companies lets the "inventor " build it before they put their toe in the acquition water, that will happen on solid sales in 4-5 years time!

I agree that management is there to build the company and they wouldn't be soliciting a takeover but they would have to inform the market if they receive one.

Clarus
26-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Another excellent announcement. However, I must be honest and admit that the timing worries me a bit. Hopefully this is not intended to mitigate the potential fall out from a poor results announcement at the end of the week (not that these results mean that much in the wider scheme of things)

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 11:05 AM
You might get your two bucks by Christmas yet, MAC:)

Harvey Specter
26-11-2014, 11:13 AM
The thing htat annoys me about trading halts is that they dont say when they will be lifted. They should give a timeframe - trading halt with further announcement at x.

ddrone
26-11-2014, 11:15 AM
The thing htat annoys me about trading halts is that they dont say when they will be lifted. They should give a timeframe - trading halt with further announcement at x.

Doesn't the halt remain for 5 minutes after the relevant announcement is made (to allow for adjustments to trades pending)?

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Found it, 151,0001 new cases.

"There are" should be replaced with " the" in order for the rest of the sentence to make sense.
Sensible sentencing.:)

penn
26-11-2014, 11:23 AM
I am starting to suspect that the announcement re Eu patent came out before the Trading halt post. And that it is all about the granting of the EU patent. Nothing more.

robbo24
26-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Yeah but it's cured by the later statistics... Double that of the US, or whatever. It doesn't take that damn long to correct these things.

Harvey Specter
26-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Doesn't the halt remain for 5 minutes after the relevant announcement is made (to allow for adjustments to trades pending)?5 minutes. So your chained to the computer till it announces? It isn't everyones job.

twotic
26-11-2014, 11:31 AM
My memory may be poor, but usually typos/ small errors are fixed simply with a corrected announcement as soon as the error has been made apparent. The typo Miner found would not warrant a trading halt (I would have thought). The issue brought up earlier (cant recall by whom) about CxBladder triage maybe the point of contention. It looks to me like they have copied and pasted something from a previous announcement earlier this year, but saying a product will be released "later this year" when for all intents and purposes this year only has one month left, is a bit odd. Possible they've been had up on this and asked to confirm. A delay in doing so may well be warranted IF there has been a delay to when they now expect triage to be released.

All that being said, its been more than 1 hour now, the longer it goes on, the more one would expect a substantial announcement...surely?

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 11:33 AM
No doubt this will become patently obvious, soon enough.
"He said, haltingly"

Xerof
26-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Black Knat appears to be on to it, and one would have to say the 'later this year' phrase got through undetected,

so is it a 'hey Clint.....do we know when we will release triage to the market yet?' moment, with the directors scrambling around waiting for a staffer to make the call....

and New Guy....ditto......Multiplan announced 26th, FY 28th....gulp

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Perhaps it is the cxbladder triage release itself. Sooner rather than later.

stoploss
26-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Anyone tried calling DD for clarification on the number at the bottom the announcement ? Or a timing on the announcement .

winner69
26-11-2014, 11:46 AM

"There are" should be replaced with " the" in order for the rest of the sentence to make sense.
Sensible sentencing.:)

It's now 151,0002 .....another incident reported

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 11:58 AM
It's now 151,0002 .....another incident reported
Thats what we want, regular updates.:)

pierre
26-11-2014, 12:01 PM
It doesn't take a couple of hours to remove a zero from the number so that it reads 151,001 or to tidy up the wording of the release. I managed to do it in a few seconds.

The launch of Cxbladder Triage has already been announced as "late this year". There ain't much of this year left.

It's got to be something more significant than either of those.

I'm still picking a takeover offer.

Xerof
26-11-2014, 12:03 PM

Thats usually signalled as a 'Don't Sell' notice isn't it?

pierre
26-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Thats usually signalled as a 'Don't Sell' notice isn't it?

Not sure - but you can't sell during a trading halt anyway.

NZSilver
26-11-2014, 12:07 PM
It doesn't take a couple of hours to remove a zero from the number so that it reads 151,001 or to tidy up the wording of the release. I managed to do it in a few seconds.

The launch of Cxbladder Triage has already been announced as "late this year". There ain't much of this year left.

It's got to be something more significant than either of those.

Maybe DD is selling some shares so his wife can do another reno on the house

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Hope they get this trading halt over before market open on Friday:)

robbo24
26-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Those seller depths looking thin... Reminds me of a certain juicy period about a year ago...

:D

penn
26-11-2014, 12:21 PM
"Expecting a further announcement from the co, later on today" Craigs partners.

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:22 PM
That doesn't sound like a correction to me. Black Knats info wrong? He/she seems to have disappeared, would be good to get confirmation...

Longhaul
26-11-2014, 12:22 PM

I would expect this one to be a real humdinger.

robbo24
26-11-2014, 12:24 PM
430k buy, 416 sell.

WHATCHOOTALKINABOUTWILLIS?

If it breaks out above that wacky 85 cent quasi-resistance then it's a skip hop and a jump to the moon.

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Klid, if this announcement is at all positive, I think your 86 bid will be seriously under the opening price once the halt is released....

Santiago
26-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I reckon it's a buy-out. They released the earlier one today to create the perception of more value added to the company before the halt. Either that or it's something else completely.

Tsuba
26-11-2014, 12:33 PM
More people watching this than were at the Stones concert.

Derain
26-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Correction it is

NZSilver
26-11-2014, 12:37 PM
bahahahahaha - no early xmas present sorry fellas

klid
26-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Cancelled my order. FFS. LOL

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Still here.... was told it was a correction to the previous announcement by my broker, who is usually right about these things. Don't know anything further.
I appreciate that, thank you.

EDIT: Ah - and I see they were correct too!!

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:43 PM
bahahahahaha - no early xmas present sorry fellas

Bit uncalled for don't you think?

Longhaul
26-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Still here.... was told it was a correction to the previous announcement by my broker, who is usually right about these things. Don't know anything further.

Isn't it unfair that brokers have access to different information than the rest of the market?

whatsup
26-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Lifted at 12.48 ;;; 4 min to go !!

Santiago
26-11-2014, 12:45 PM
A bit clumsy, eh

pierre
26-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Looks like they must have a library of pre-written press releases and some turkey grabbed and published the wrong one. What a major stuff up and how very embarrassing!

Hope their bladder cancer testing protocols operate more thoroughly than this.... and that they check the content of Friday's announcement extremely carefully before they release it.

robbo24
26-11-2014, 12:47 PM
It's a bit more than a correction. They posted an entirely different announcement. It seems the CXBladder annoucement was a big mistake!

The CXBladder patent is not granted, but the colorectal cancer prognostic technology has been.

bmrm
26-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Isn't it unfair that brokers have access to different information than the rest of the market?

It certainly would be, but I doubt the broker actually did.

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Wait a mo! We have an announcement for cxcolorectal instead of cxbladder being granted a patent in Europe but they also made it quite clear that cxbladder patent in Europe will be granted in February, sort of advance notice if you like.
Two for one, sounds good.

Must admit Dunkirk springs to mind.

Xerof
26-11-2014, 12:49 PM
yes, they seem to have got the message arse-about from the Europeans

NT001
26-11-2014, 12:49 PM
It has to be very big and very material to go on this long. If it was a minor correction to the EU patent announcement it would have been fixed quickly. If it was a very major correction of error, you'd think they would have withdrawn the announcement pending replacement. This has to be something new and somethiing big. Probably directors are being consulted.

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Looks like they must have a library of pre-written press releases and some turkey grabbed and published the wrong one. What a major stuff up and how very embarrassing!

Hope their bladder cancer testing protocols operate more thoroughly than this.... and that they check the content of Friday's announcement extremely carefully before they release it.

Which for those who are sceptical of (minor) announcements made prior to bigger scheduled announcements, one would have to think this doesn't bode well for Friday.

As you say, it seems they have a bunch of pre-written stuff (all be it poorly written) and they have made public the wrong one..... Sad to say, but it is extremely sloppy stuff. They really do need to get their act together on the information they provide to market, the accuracy of that information, and the means by which they do it.

MAC
26-11-2014, 12:52 PM
It's a bit more than a correction. They posted an entirely different announcement. It seems the CXBladder annoucement was a big mistake!

The CXBladder patent is not granted, but the colorectal cancer prognostic technology has been.

Still exceptionally good news though Robbo, two patents better than one, one each side of xmas !

slack
26-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Not sure if it was like this earlier, or if it's just one of those words that looks correct at a glance and nobody spotted it, but I see the title of the original announcement was actually "European Patent Office grants PE patent for Cxblabber"...

New product for detecting blabber mouths? ;)

Longhaul
26-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Not with you I am afraid... the company was in trading halt.... no one was allowed to trade the share - how could there be any "unfairness"?

I imagine anyone who rang the company would have got the same answer as my broker.

Some people knew or had a very good idea that the trading halt was to correct an earlier announcement, although this was not mentioned in the trading halt announcement.

Not everyone can ring the company, and even if they did, I would have thought the company should only disclose what was in the market announcement.

So yes, it does seem unfair that not everyone has access to the same info.

twotic
26-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Not sure if it was like this earlier, or if it's just one of those words that looks correct at a glance, but I see the title of the original announcement was actually "European Patent Office grants PE patent for Cxblabber"...

Haha, funny no one picked that up earlier :)

I guess they have a bunch of pre-written announcements, but they don't proof read them until they are ready to go out. That one was packed full of errors huh!

Santiago
26-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Have to say, leaves me feeling like there's a big damp squib falling out of the sky and likely to go mush all over our heads on Friday. Sloppy stuff, terrible timing, looks like a case of pump and dump before the bad news comes out. Watch for any insider trades.

pierre
26-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Not sure if it was like this earlier, or if it's just one of those words that looks correct at a glance and nobody spotted it, but I see the title of the original announcement was actually "European Patent Office grants PE patent for Cxblabber"...

You're right Slack - that heading is still on their news page. Bloody hell - that's even more evidence of sloppiness (or slack-ness) on the part of their PR department. Having your releases proofread before publication by at least one or preferably two people other than the writer is standard practice. Looks like they were all a bit over-excited in Dunedin this morning.

NT001
26-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Do they have a PR department? I doubt it. This is probably the same outside PR firm that stuffed up the webcast of the AGM.

Schrodinger
26-11-2014, 01:15 PM
exactly black knat

-Keep Calm-team. This is a sure thing. Buy as much as you can.

klid
26-11-2014, 01:16 PM
The whole shambles has made my mind up that I am not even going to bother this week at least.

BFG
26-11-2014, 01:21 PM
*Grabs another bag of popcorn and sits back to watch more of the same speculation/pumping with no basis while calling out "downrampers"*

BTW guys, Snapiti is back @ 7pm, and he CAN'T WAIT to get stuck back in :D :D :D :D :D :D

God I love thus site sometimes.

Isn't Friday going to be SO MUCH FUN?!?!

Dentie
26-11-2014, 01:22 PM
There is no pleasing some people I must say.

Yes, a bit sloppy on the PR side of things but look at the bigger picture here. Both announcements are positive and in the first one I noted "sales are tracking [to] expectations". I presume those "expectations" will be aligned to their $100m sales in the first 5 years of trading statement. At the very worst, the SP has climbed a whole 4c ....to 85c - which I think is still on the cheap side anyway. I possible could understand if the tears were due to a SP drop!!

Stop kicking this good NZ company at every opportunity and keep looking forward at what lays ahead. I am sure DD will be kicking somebody's butt over this mornings stuff up.

Schrodinger
26-11-2014, 01:24 PM
*Grabs another bag of popcorn and sits back to watch more of the same speculation/pumping with no basis while calling out "downrampers"*

BTW guys, Snapiti is back @ 7pm, and he CAN'T WAIT to get stuck back in :D :D :D :D :D :D

God I love thus site sometimes.

Isn't Friday going to be SO MUCH FUN?!?!

Wait did he get the naughty card?

Schrodinger
26-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Yes, a bit sloppy on the PR side of things but look at the bigger picture here. Both announcements are positive and in the first one I noted "sales are tracking [to] expectations". I presume those "expectations" will be aligned to their $100m sales in the first 5 years of trading statement. At the very worst, the SP has climbed a whole 4c ....to 85c - which I think is still on the cheap side anyway. I possible could understand if the tears were due to a SP drop!!

Stop kicking this good NZ company at every opportunity and keep looking forward at what lays ahead. I am sure DD will be kicking somebody's butt over this mornings stuff up.

Might want to add 10k+ sales to the list

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Hey, we still have the rest of the day and tomorrow for more announcements yet. Dont get ahead of yourself.

MAC
26-11-2014, 01:29 PM

I imagine they've probably kicked themselves enough, almost feel sorry for him/her.

Set's the scene and intent for Cxbladder expansion into Europe though, whether the patient is on the shelf today or when it arrives in February.

There aren’t presently any revenue streams included in analyst valuations, perhaps a bit more information on timing and entry strategy is required first, but it may be something to watch for next year when more is known.

psychic
26-11-2014, 01:35 PM
I imagine they've probably kicked themselves enough, almost feel sorry for him/her.

Set's the scene and intent for Cxbladder expansion into Europe though, whether the patient is on the shelf today or when it arrives in February.

There aren’t presently any revenue streams included in analyst valuations, perhaps a bit more information on timing and entry strategy is required first, but it may be something to watch for next year when more is known.

Yeah, so as far as EU goes, approved patents (or to be issued) Colorectal and Bladder Cancer, examination in progress for two other patents - Gastric and Melanoma Prognosis.

Plenty of upside not factored in yet

MAC
26-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Yeah, so as far as EU goes, approved patents (or to be issued) Colorectal and Bladder Cancer, examination in progress for two other patents - Gastric and Melanoma Prognosis.

Plenty of upside not factored in yet

It is a lot of focus on the EU, I had anticipated that Asia would be the next expansion, but with both Cxbladder and Cxcolorectal patents across 38 countries, it may be that offers the proposition of another regional lab, longer term, funded from US revenues, a couple of years from now.

pierre
26-11-2014, 01:54 PM
"...., whether the patient is on the shelf today or when it arrives in February.".

Hope the patient isn't on the shelf yet - that would mean they've passed on before the product is available. (Lol- realise it was just a typo!)

twotic
26-11-2014, 02:06 PM

Given the first release was a ballz up, surely one cannot draw any inference from what it said. Not to mention we have no idea how long ago that was written!

Dentie
26-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Given the first release was a ballz up, surely one cannot draw any inference from what it said. Not to mention we have no idea how long ago that was written!

Yeah - maybe...BUT this might give an indication as to timing relevance..

"....where the Company has just now started into its second year of commercial operations..."

twotic
26-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah - maybe...BUT this might give an indication as to timing relevance..

"....where the Company has just now started into its second year of commercial operations..."

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd suggest erring on the side of caution would be best and dismissing it altogether.

In hindsight it looks like a draft announcement that was thrown together with copies and pastes from all over the show and written by a bunny. It had certainly not been reviewed by anyone given the number and context of its errors. I think trying to draw any conclusions from it would be dangerous at best.

okane
26-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I hope PEB are more careful with their bladder cancer tests than with their NZX announcements. "You've got bladder cancer. Oh, hang on, no you don't. You're fine."

Crystal Ball
26-11-2014, 02:36 PM
That doesnt sound like a patient holder like Mac and Hancock who is not watching the SP with bated breath:):):)
Haha, I know skid, but just couldn't t resist adding onto Pierre's original posting. And I am actually not too fussed, just love trawling this forum and others as it is always busy and sometime quite volatile which is good for a laugh.

Crystal Ball
26-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Im a long term holder too-WHEN they show they are on track---Friday wont be too late--It just may cost more

a wise man once told me --Better to buy shares @$1.00 in an uptrend ,than at .80 on a downtrend
So true skid, wise words indeed! I was just 'having fun making a pun' previously.....
Happy to hold, I really like the company and I think it has more wonderful things in its melting pot, but- one thing at a time, one foot in front of the other......

psychic
26-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Bit of news on Exact Sciences and pricing for its Colon Cancer screening test...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/exact-sciences-shares-rise-on-cancer-test-reimbursement-2014-10-10

Medicare said it would reimburse the test for $502, exactly what the company was seeking, and a $152 more than what analysts on average was expecting, according to research firm Mizuho Securities.

Exact shares EXAS, +2.55% , up about 84% over the past 12 months, recently rose 34% in premarket trading Friday to $24.31.

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Pity PEB dont seem to have a test under development for screening market announcements. Could probably do quite well.
Of course if they wanted to send me a copy a couple of days ahead I could go over it and check it out :)

psychic
26-11-2014, 04:34 PM
lol - excellent concept Miner. Right now they'd probably buy that in a flash too...

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Would suggest that Fridays effort will most probably be scrutinised thoroughly for any egg adherence points.
The sudden appearance of "Trading Halt" will no doubt elicit groans of despair from otherwise normal holders.
(Dont even think of it, Snap):)

skid
26-11-2014, 05:30 PM
OK guys --heres my 2 cents---go to the DB site and click on the ''news'' and get a list of announcements--when you look down you will see 2 announcements 2 days before the full year sales--SALT funds and Multiplan---------Got that --2 days before the last sales announcement.

Draw your own conclusions

skid
26-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Guys.....the tradeing days over --you can let that breath out now --your turning blue-------now go repaint the edge of your seat:):)

psychic
26-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Err - has Snaps been ahh, grooming you at all Skid?
Seriously.

skid
26-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Err - has Snaps been ahh, grooming you at all Skid?
Seriously.

I said....draw your own conclusions..(and feel free to share)

2 announcements 2 days before sales announcement---coincidence?

psychic
26-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Any other announcements last year or so?

skid
26-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Yep--2 days later

klid
26-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Well the point I guess is they may well have intentionally made the patent come to a conclusion about now, I would say that they didn't try to do that and it was a coincidence.
I don't really care to speculate on that too much.

I am disappointed that I almost bought shares because I thought there was good news coming after a halt.

The halt announcement:

"NZX Regulation (“NZXR”) advises that it has placed a trading halt on Pacific Edge Limited ordinary shares (PEB)."

I took that to be a NZX initiated halt not a PEB one...

The NZX rules:

"NZX initiated Trading Halts

In some circumstances NZX may implement a trading halt at its own decision. This may occur when an issuer releases an announcement to NZX which is price sensitive. In such a case, it is NZX’s policy to implement a trading halt for a period of not greater than 15 minutes or in the case of securities of an Overseas Listed Issuer or a Dual Listed Issuer for a period of not greater than 10 minutes."

So I mistakenly thought it was something unrelated and therefore obviously a very good chance of being good.

Just a little disappointed is all I guess.

Thinking about it - my logic there didn't make much sense, oh well, I was rushed. I appreciated peoples' comments speculating on it being a correction.

steve06
26-11-2014, 05:57 PM
when do they release the report, prior to market open or any time they see fit?

klid
26-11-2014, 05:59 PM
when do they release the report, prior to market open or any time they see fit?

Anytime they see fit really, but they've stated prior to 10am:

"Pacific Edge advises that it intends to release its 2015 interim financial results for the six months ending 30 September 2014, on Friday 28 November 2014 prior to 10am."
https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/257934

pierre
26-11-2014, 06:00 PM
I said....draw your own conclusions..(and feel free to share)

2 announcements 2 days before sales announcement---coincidence?

Well, if DD thought that today's debacle was going to help camouflage disappointing news on Friday then I fear he is in for a rude shock.

Friday's announcement will be scrutinised in minute detail and heavily criticised for any spelling, grammar or syntax errors, together with ridicule for failing to deliver on sales, test numbers, lack of progress in signing up LUGS, employing too many ineffective salespeople and a multitude of other issues.

Of course, if the numbers look Ok, then we shall immediately recognise that today's cockup was due to the company and its personnel being far too busy to bother about getting their facts right in a silly old investor release to the market.

psychic
26-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Well the point I guess is they may well have intentionally made the patent come to a conclusion about now, I would say that they didn't try to do that and it was a coincidence.

I am disappointed that I almost bought shares because I thought there was good news coming after a halt.

The halt announcement:

"NZX Regulation (“NZXR”) advises that it has placed a trading halt on Pacific Edge Limited ordinary shares (PEB)."

The NZX rules:

In some circumstances NZX may implement a trading halt at its own decision. This may occur when an issuer releases an announcement to NZX which is price sensitive. In such a case, it is NZX’s policy to implement a trading halt for a period of not greater than 15 minutes or in the case of securities of an Overseas Listed Issuer or a Dual Listed Issuer for a period of not greater than 10 minutes."

So I mistakenly thought it was something unrelated and therefore obviously a very good chance of being good.

Thinking about it - my logic there didn't make much sense, oh well, I was rushed. I appreciated peoples' comments speculating on it being a correction.

Look at tit this way Klid. You had a very real taste of what it is like to be on the outside when this thing goes... That's why many of us just suck up the falls , and wait....

MAC
26-11-2014, 06:13 PM

The halt announcement:

The NZX rules:

Yes well, perhaps it's an opportunity Kild to reflect and recall that trying to time the market sometimes works really well and sometimes it doesn't work really well, but the brokers and the tax man are the winners on the day. Just like a good night out at sky city, you might win or loose, but the house always wins.

BFG
26-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Look at tit this way Klid. You had a very real taste of what it is like to be on the outside when this thing goes... That's why many of us just suck up the falls , and wait....

Once a bubble stock always a bubble stock eh? Problem is the bubble has deflated and once that happens trader sentiment is almost impossible to get back within the short to medium term.

Back in the day a single buy for all those shares would have taken them out. Today it didn't even try to move above it.

Sentiment is gone. Act accordingly.

Snapiti is back in under an hour. Enjoy :)

skid
26-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Sales will tell the story -one way or the other--Whether your on the inside or outside ,its just a bet either way.
I dont know if today was ramping up or not by the company--It just seemed like a bit of a Deja vu from the rather unpleasant experience of last time.

Ya gotta admit though--those announcements were a real class act!

NT001
26-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Well, if DD thought that today's debacle was going to help camouflage disappointing news on Friday then I fear he is in for a rude shock.

Friday's announcement will be scrutinised in minute detail and heavily criticised for any spelling, grammar or syntax errors, together with ridicule for failing to deliver on sales, test numbers, lack of progress in signing up LUGS, employing too many ineffective salespeople and a multitude of other issues.

Of course, if the numbers look Ok, then we shall immediately recognise that today's cockup was due to the company and its personnel being far too busy to bother about getting their facts right in a silly old investor release to the market.

How is DD going to get a rude shock? And who is going to scrutinise the announcement for spelling, grammar and syntax errors? Who really cares?

What we're interested in is the hard facts of the announcement, but there won't be any consensus about whether "the numbers look ok". Some of us demand big numbers, others will be content with smaller ones and quite a few are really only interested in whether the company is making progress towards its strategic objectives. Traders and investors have very widely varying criteria.

I doubt if DD will be following comments on this thread with great anxiety, if at all. There ought to be an apology to shareholders from him on Friday for today's cockup and then it should be buried, but lessons drawn from it - not grammar and syntax, but how to manage external PR.

skid
26-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Friday we will find out whether the management can live up to what has been achieved by the scientists--I think there are many who dont recognize the difference between the two

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Skid,Doo you mean first class or third class?

Minerbarejet
26-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Snapiti is back in under an hour. Enjoy :)
The suspense is worse than this mornings trading halt.:eek2:

couta1
26-11-2014, 07:42 PM
I thought you WERE snapiti?

The frequency and quality of your posts are strikingly similar
Nah Snapiti doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to other than gathering seafood when he feels like it whereas Moosie will be stuck in a museum dusting down sets of antlers for a few more years to come:cool:

skid
26-11-2014, 07:45 PM
To be fair though-Snaps did post about how he was concerned about the ''rhetoric'' and was very wary BEFORE the actual sales announcement,so regardless what anyone thinks of him-he did call it that time(or at least was concerned)
Whether his view this time around (or mine, or any ones)is right, is anyone's guess.

(in terms of class of the announcements today--thats already been summed up pretty well)

pierre
26-11-2014, 08:02 PM
How is DD going to get a rude shock? And who is going to scrutinise the announcement for spelling, grammar and syntax errors? Who really cares?

What we're interested in is the hard facts of the announcement, but there won't be any consensus about whether "the numbers look ok". Some of us demand big numbers, others will be content with smaller ones and quite a few are really only interested in whether the company is making progress towards its strategic objectives. Traders and investors have very widely varying criteria.

I doubt if DD will be following comments on this thread with great anxiety, if at all. There ought to be an apology to shareholders from him on Friday for today's cockup and then it should be buried, but lessons drawn from it - not grammar and syntax, but how to manage external PR.

Oh dear. Looks like a humour bypass operation has taken place in Wellington!

penn
26-11-2014, 08:31 PM
There will still be some folks out there (not s.t. followers) who are not aware of the correct information regarding the patent. I just checked my ASB Sharetrading account and clicked the box next to PEB in my watch list, and the first announcement comes up re- CX-Blabber! I'm wondering if trades will be reversed due to the stuff-up?

NT001
26-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Oh dear. Looks like a humour bypass operation has taken place in Wellington!

Not really, but you certainly had me fooled.

MAC
26-11-2014, 08:52 PM
There will still be some folks out there (not s.t. followers) who are not aware of the correct information regarding the patent. I just checked my ASB Sharetrading account and clicked the box next to PEB in my watch list, and the first announcement comes up re- CX-Blabber! I'm wondering if trades will be reversed due to the stuff-up?

You know the ASB guy on the TV3 news spent a full five minutes tonight telling us about the Cxbladder patent too, but when I reflected he was not incorrect, Pacific Edge have indeed told us the patent is coming, it’s just coming in February next year after all. By the time we all recover from xmas and a failed new year’s resolution or two it will be on the shelf next to the Cxcolorectal patent.

Re: second of three announcements today:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204523.pdf

Correction on Pacific Edge Limited Patent Issue

Pacific Edge Limited ("the Company") advises the market that it has incorrectly posted the NZX release for the issue of its bladder cancer patent in Europe.

The Company’s bladder cancer patent has not issued however the patent has successfully completed examination and the Company has been advised by the European Patent Office that the patent will issue by February 2015.

The Company wishes to inform the market that Pacific Edge’s colorectal cancer biomarker patent has issued in Europe. Details of this are provided in the Company's separate announcement.

End

penn
26-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Yep, good news is good news. Who knows it may be a tad easier to get sales traction in Liechtenstein, Turkey, Monaco, Iceland, Norway, the Republic of Macedonia,
San Marino, Albania and Serbia. Than the good ole' US of A.

MAC
26-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Yep, good news is good news. Who knows it may be a tad easier to get sales traction in Liechtenstein, Turkey, Monaco, Iceland, Norway, the Republic of Macedonia,
San Marino, Albania and Serbia. Than the good ole' US of A.

Seriously though, it may very well do so for many of 38 European countries covered, particularly France, Germany, UK etc.

If they enter in one or two year’s time with a hoard of US generated cash to fund it, a healthy US market share as a representation of confidence, any number of further published studies by that time, and of course probably the full suite of four cxbladder products, it may well just pick up quite quickly.

Certainly there is intent to be read into the announcements, I don't think analysts will start to work up a valuation for a European launch until later next year though, would like to be proven wrong though.

BFG
26-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Snapiti is currently putting together a good behaviour bond to get out of jail soon.

(He really just can't remember his password because he's getting so old) :D

Whipmoney
27-11-2014, 07:31 AM
You know the ASB guy on the TV3 news spent a full five minutes tonight telling us about the Cxbladder patent too, but when I reflected he was not incorrect, Pacific Edge have indeed told us the patent is coming, it’s just coming in February next year after all. By the time we all recover from xmas and a failed new year’s resolution or two it will be on the shelf next to the Cxcolorectal patent.

Re: second of three announcements today:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204523.pdf

Correction on Pacific Edge Limited Patent Issue

Pacific Edge Limited ("the Company") advises the market that it has incorrectly posted the NZX release for the issue of its bladder cancer patent in Europe.

The Company’s bladder cancer patent has not issued however the patent has successfully completed examination and the Company has been advised by the European Patent Office that the patent will issue by February 2015.

The Company wishes to inform the market that Pacific Edge’s colorectal cancer biomarker patent has issued in Europe. Details of this are provided in the Company's separate announcement.

End

It bothers me that management are priming the stock with immaterial news (at least in this point in time) days prior to the announcement.

Dentie
27-11-2014, 08:28 AM
ha ha ha....God, some of these comments crack me up at times.

It's like listening to young kids just prior to Xmas day.

If cash is not needed in a hurry, take a deep breath - relax and trust the big picture. It's not a short game with PEB.

If cash is needed in a hurry, you want to play the short game and don't trust the big picture...perhaps question oneself again why you're in PEB?

What will be will be.

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Well at least yesterdays releases will stop all the grizzles about not being informed and updated.
Now we are three months ahead of the game.
Great news with colorectal patent and the cats out of the bag on cxbladder patent.
If they had released these a week after the Interim Result people would still be inferring that it was to take the focus away from what they perceive to be a poor effort.

skid
27-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Seriously though, it may very well do so for many of 38 European countries covered, particularly France, Germany, UK etc.

If they enter in one or two year’s time with a hoard of US generated cash to fund it, a healthy US market share as a representation of confidence, any number of further published studies by that time, and of course probably the full suite of four cxbladder products, it may well just pick up quite quickly.

Certainly there is intent to be read into the announcements, I don't think analysts will start to work up a valuation for a European launch until later next year though, would like to be proven wrong though.

First things first--Lets see if that hoard of US cash has started coming in--the scientists have certainly done their job--now its management and marketings job to show they can sell the product--if that falls into place then your scenario will be far more achievable.
Not long now

skid
27-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Well at least yesterdays releases will stop all the grizzles about not being informed and updated.
Great news with colorectal patent and the cats out of the bag on cxbladder patent.
If they had released these a week after the Interim Result people would still be inferring that it was to take the focus away from what they perceive to be a poor effort.

I think its the timing thats got a few wondering --do you think they have just found out about both of these events? (Its just so similar to last time ,that some could be excused for being a bit wary.

To answer your question Dentie--Some are carrying big losses and really dont want to lose more of that stuff that you use to buy your house -food -go out and work all day for --you know?--cant blame them for being a bit cautious.

Say what you like but PEB is fighting more downward momentum than upward so bad sales will take its toll if it rolls that way--Not easy to just chill when you have 1000s riding on a spec play(atm its still a spec) may be tickty boo--well see-

Meanwhile no need to check in tomorrow for the long termers(tui billboard)

Balance
27-11-2014, 09:20 AM

Tens of thousands of tests - that's what I am looking for in the interim results.

That is based purely on the words of the Chairman uttered in December 2013 - a year ago.

Fair enough?

Dentie
27-11-2014, 09:31 AM
To answer your question Dentie--Some are carrying big losses and really dont want to lose more of that stuff that you use to buy your house -food -go out and work all day for --you know?--cant blame them for being a bit cautious.

Say what you like but PEB is fighting more downward momentum than upward so bad sales will take its toll if it rolls that way--Not easy to just chill when you have 1000s riding on a spec play(atm its still a spec)

Skid, as I've said before...why would you go into the stockmarket (per se) with cash you cannot afford to lose (let alone a spec stock)? Most especially, why would you go in using dosh which is needed to "buy your house -food". To me - that is crazy. There is plenty of history to learn from and plenty of posts that include "DYOR" etc. I can see why they are cautious - but sorry, no sympathy.

One thing I find hard to understand (generally) is, on a spec stock at least, why would sales be priced into a SP prematurely? Why wouldn't the SP on those stocks just reflect the current valuation? It is perception - which will always be different ... and it is this which generates the tears. Could that be termed as greed?

As for not being "easy to just chill when you have 1000s riding on a spec play" ... refer to my first sentence. For the record, although not including PEB, I too am sitting on "red figures" in other spec stocks .... but I'm not losing any sleep over it. They'll either come good in time, or I'll lose my dosh. Welcome to life.

Dentie
27-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Tens of thousands of tests - that's what I am looking for in the interim results.

That is based purely on the words of the Chairman uttered in December 2013 - a year ago.

Fair enough?

Oh no...Balance has his policeman's hat on again.

For God's sake, pleeeeeease don't turn this thread into another SNK thread. Pleeeeeease!

It's like listening to Little screaming like a banshee over Key.

Crystal Ball
27-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Skid, as I've said before...why would you go into the stockmarket (per se) with cash you cannot afford to lose (let alone a spec stock)? Most especially, why would you go in using dosh which is needed to "buy your house -food". To me - that is crazy. There is plenty of history to learn from and plenty of posts that include "DYOR" etc. I can see why they are cautious - but sorry, no sympathy.

One thing I find hard to understand (generally) is, on a spec stock at least, why would sales be priced into a SP prematurely? Why wouldn't the SP on those stocks just reflect the current valuation? It is perception - which will always be different ... and it is this which generates the tears. Could that be termed as greed?

As for not being "easy to just chill when you have 1000s riding on a spec play" ... refer to my first sentence. For the record, although not including PEB, I too am sitting on "red figures" in other spec stocks .... but I'm not losing any sleep over it. They'll either come good in time, or I'll lose my dosh. Welcome to life.
Well said Dentie, I too have invested in the 10 s of thousands in these shares however I am do believe in the company long term and happy to hold and very much enjoy popping onto this forum to have a read and a chuckle or sometimes a tut tut when things get a bit heated ! Time will tell , that is according to my "crystal ball" . In the meantime everyone, enjoy the ride - the ups and the downs.....

psychic
27-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Fair enough?

You may be disappointed Balance. I doubt very much they would disclose number of tests put through the labs.

And if you were not at the Chairmans side, you cannot really say what he uttered...

Balance
27-11-2014, 09:44 AM
You may be disappointed Balance. I doubt very much they would disclose number of tests put through the labs.

And if you were not at the Chairmans side, you cannot really say what he uttered...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11178639

"Swann is confident the company will be processing "several tens of thousands of tests" during 2014"

psychic
27-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Yup, and I was told he never made that statement.

But it is a moot point. MAde or not made, the statement relates to number of tests, not tests sold.

But we've done this to death already right?

winner69
27-11-2014, 09:56 AM

"Swann is confident the company will be processing "several tens of thousands of tests" during 2014"

Yes Balance me old mate

Like it or not PEB head honchos have anchored all thinking about the future around 'several tens of thousands of tests during 2014' and achieving $100m of revenues in 5 years (start/end date keeps moving)

So progress ( and commentary) will always come back back to those anchors.

I still believe that 'successful commercialisation' in PEB terms does not mean making a profit ....aim to get it used and a source of funds for the next project. They are scientists after all.

The payday for punters, if there is one, will be when the science is bought by somebody else.

Schrodinger
27-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Yes Balance me old mate

Like it or not PEB head honchos have anchored all thinking about the future around 'several tens of thousands of tests during 2014' and achieving $100m of revenues in 5 years (start/end date keeps moving)

I still believe that 'successful commercialisation' in PEB terms does not mean making a profit ....aim to get it used and a source of funds for the next project. They are scientists after all.

The payday for punters, if there is one, will be when the science is bought by somebody else.

So you don't believe they can scale this and are waiting for a saviour to bail them out?

youngatheart
27-11-2014, 10:03 AM
HyperLink: Otago Daily Times - Pacific Edge (http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/325124/pacific-edges-patent-protection)

Hmm, that photo of David taken yesterday and a quick assessment of his body language, facial expression and posture does NOT bode well for tomorrows news. Hopefully I'm wrong but my gut instinct says otherwise...

Dentie
27-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Exactly!!!

I would probably have sold my lot by now if CS, DD & co were anything other than "confident" in their product.

The definition of "Confident" does not equal "Guarantee".

Balance
27-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Yup, and I was told he never made that statement.

But it is a moot point. MAde or not made, the statement relates to number of tests, not tests sold.

But we've done this to death already right?

Been around too long to fall for that BS from a company - it is significant and material enough to seek a retraction or issue a statement from the company.

Especially when it led to a price spike and the Chairman sold into that spiked price.

Question of trust, integrity and transparency.

And I AM writing as a shareholder.

psychic
27-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Let it go Balance.

We have no idea how many tests they may have put through under the User programmes etc

Balance
27-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Yes Balance me old mate

Let's hope you are right there and the directors also have that in mind.

I bought into 42Below on the same basis when they cracked 100,000 cases - the directors were very clear that when at that success level, someone would buy them.

A takeover happened within months.

Balance
27-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Let it go Balance.

We have no idea how many tests they may have put through under the User programmes etc

The Chairman needs to explain.

This will not go away.

winner69
27-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Hmm, that photo of David taken yesterday and a quick assessment of his body language, facial expression and posture does NOT bode well for tomorrows news. Hopefully I'm wrong but my gut instinct says otherwise...

Still reckon he should tuck his shirt in ......playboy pose not good for a leader of such an esteemed NZX listed company

klid
27-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Well... I think it's kinda stupid (that word is a bit harsh but can't think of a more relevant one) to say that he's confident they'll process several tens of thousands of tests during 2014, just like it was "stupid" again not quite the right word, that they caused a blunder yesterday due to the announcement. Nevertheless, he was CLEARLY (as some have mentioned but I think some fail to realise) referring to the quantity going through their labs rather than dollars getting invoiced. Now.. A large/huge/majority of these will be from the LUGs, so not paid for. But VERY important, why? As Mentioned in the report by Edison's - a big initial factor to determine/drive the success of cxbladder is to convert these non-paid tests into paid tests. In the report we will be able to at least estimate relatively accurately how many tests were sold. I don't know that we will find out how many tests were processed... but we should, as he made the comment about a number. I don't suppose anyone knows whether or not we will know the number of tests processed at any stage? I don't think it's something they have to report on, and if not they shouldn't be commenting on. But I like to think he got slapped for that anyway, and that there was some slapping yesterday too. As the share price rises, and the company gains profile etc... all of a sudden you go from a $10m cap startup coy to a hundreds of million dollar company - you gotta style things a little differently. You know what I'm saying?

mis chief
27-11-2014, 10:18 AM

REALLY!!! Hmm, my gut instinct says otherwise, just look at many other pics of the man...

twotic
27-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Well... I think it's kinda stupid (that word is a bit harsh but can't think of a more relevant one) to say that he's confident they'll process several tens of thousands of tests during 2014, just like it was "stupid" again not quite the right word, that they caused a blunder yesterday due to the announcement. Nevertheless, he was CLEARLY (as some have mentioned but I think some fail to realise) referring to the quantity going through their labs rather than dollars getting invoiced. Now.. A large/huge/majority of these will be from the LUGs, so not paid for. But VERY important, why? As Mentioned in the report by Edison's - a big initial factor to determine/drive the success of cxbladder is to convert these non-paid tests into paid tests. In the report we will be able to at least estimate relatively accurately how many tests were sold. I don't know that we will find out how many tests were processed... but we should, as he made the comment about a number. I don't suppose anyone knows whether or not we will know the number of tests processed at any stage? I don't think it's something they have to report on, and if not they shouldn't be commenting on. But I like to think he got slapped for that anyway, and that there was some slapping yesterday too. As the share price rises, and the company gains profile etc... all of a sudden you go from a $10m cap startup coy to a hundreds of million dollar company - you gotta style things a little differently. You know what I'm saying?

Just to be clear, David Darling has confirmed that Swann NEVER made that comment. As a result, what is the point analysing a comment that wasn't made?

BFG
27-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Makes you wonder with yesterdays debacle.

Both announcements were listed as price sensitive.

The first, regarding CxBladder, was a stuff up and PEB said afterwards that February it WILL be patented. The CxColorectal announcement, the second one, was the correct one. So, if both were in the bag...

If it is price sensitive you are supposed to IMMEDIATELY release the information to the market.

If they didn't screw up yesterday how long were they going to wait to tell us then? How long had they been sitting on both announcements for? What else is sitting there that we don't know about?

I'm sorry, but people that can't see this as de ja vu of last terrible report and ANOTHER try at a cover up are pretty blind.

At the very least the NZXR/FMA should be asking some very thorny questions about was known and what wasn't at what time.

Sorry guys, but faith in this company, the little that was left, has been totally blown out of the water for me.

GL to all holders. You're going to need it.

psychic
27-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh come now BFG , you have a pack of Winnie Blues riding on this. Disclose and be gone.

BFG
27-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Oh come now BFG , you have a pack of Winnie Blues riding on this. Disclose and be gone.

Hahaha yes, and that's it. And I hope I lose so the chump I bet with chokes on them and that shareholders can get out of this alive!

Balance
27-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Just to be clear, David Darling has confirmed that Swann NEVER made that comment. As a result, what is the point analysing a comment that wasn't made?

When did he confirm this?

Why did the Chairman himself not confirm this?

Why did the reporter not retract?

This is price sensitive information - remember the Chairman sold shares after he made the comments or if you prefer, was reported as saying that.

MAC
27-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Well perhaps amongst all the noise the obvious merits may be being overlooked,

Two patents covering 38 European countries bodes pretty well as far as working toward establishing another very significant major market goes, and a market that is notably twice the size of the US too.

It’s not easy to get a patent in Europe, hardest place in the World, and they have achieved two such patents within just a few months, and for their two most prospective products no less.

I feel some anguish for whoever made the mistake at Pacific Edge yesterday but it in no way distracts one bit from the damned fine effort the good folk at Pacific Edge are doing.

Especially our fellow Kiwi’s in Dunedin, leading the world in this tech.

Well done PEB, superb effort.

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Well perhaps amongst all the noise the obvious merits may be being overlooked,

Two patents covering 38 European countries bodes pretty well as far as working toward establishing another very significant major market goes, and a market that is notably twice the size of the US too.

It’s not easy to get a patent in Europe, hardest place in the World, and they have achieved two such patents within just a few months, and for their two most prospective products no less.

I feel some anguish for whoever made the mistake at Pacific Edge yesterday but it in no way distracts one bit from the damned fine effort the good folk at Pacific Edge are doing.

Especially our fellow Kiwi’s in Dunedin, leading the world in this tech.

Well done PEB, superb effort.

Does that include the 'tens of thousands of tests'?

skid
27-11-2014, 11:16 AM

Why the SP reflect valuation(a bit elusive wouldnt you say?--Are you talking about the $1.70 valuation or .85 valuation?)instead of sales----Ask Mr Market --He will tell you
Couldnt agree more with your 1st paragraph though(doesnt apply to me --Im on the sidelines at this point(I decided to be content just being in the black for now)

last paragraph--if you want to gamble--who am I to disagree?

twotic
27-11-2014, 11:24 AM
When did he confirm this?

Why did the Chairman himself not confirm this?

Why did the reporter not retract?

This is price sensitive information - remember the Chairman sold shares after he made the comments or if you prefer, was reported as saying that.

The second and third questions are not for me to answer. You are an active shareholder though so I presume you have in fact had the necessary correspondence to find out for yourself. If not, I suggest you do. At the same time you could also make some recommendations to them about what you feel they did wrong and how they should have rectified the situation.

I would be surprised if you have not already done so though and hence you would already have the answer to Q1.

In terms of my comment above, I'm not saying that this is was not another complete balls up by PEB, but those that actively pursued clarification on the matter know the company has said this statement was never made. Hence my point, there is no point analysing the contents of a statement PEB denies was ever made - you will likely draw very inaccurate inference if you do!

skid
27-11-2014, 11:29 AM
So much wailing and gnashing of teeth; so many conspiracy theories, so much spite and vindictiveness, so many long held grudges etc. some of you should be writing for Shortland Street or Home and Away.

Disclaimer, this post was not directed at any person what-so-ever and the sole intent was my own personal amusement. :D :D :D :D

My memory is not as short as some on this thread--I remember some of those posts you made just after the announcement, Hancock.
Lets hope it doesnt come down to that again.

You guys can talk about the unimportance of sales till the cows come home-but at this point in time--the Market will not tolerate another bad report.
Im not predicting thats what will happen--my point is that some are assuming that the market will agree with that view about the unimportance of sales ..............I dont think so

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:31 AM
The second and third questions are not for me to answer. You are an active shareholder though so I presume you have in fact had the necessary correspondence to find out for yourself. If not, I suggest you do. At the same time you could also make some recommendations to them about what you feel they did wrong and how they should have rectified the situation.

I would be surprised if you have not already done so though and hence you would already have the answer to Q1.

In terms of my comment above, I'm not saying that this is was not another complete balls up by PEB, but those that actively pursued clarification on the matter know the company has said this statement was never made. Hence my point, there is no point analysing the contents of a statement PEB denies was ever made - you will likely draw very inaccurate inference if you do!

This is indicative of a company which uses hype - happy to let misinformation be out there when it suits.

Anyway, it will not go away.

twotic
27-11-2014, 11:35 AM
This is indicative of a company which uses hype - happy to let misinformation be out there when it suits.

Anyway, it will not go away.

That may well be the case, so I agree with what you are saying.

That being said, quoting a statement that the company denies was ever made, and then drawing conclusions from it is not helpful, and in itself misleading.

skid
27-11-2014, 11:37 AM

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/286676/pacific-edge-business

note paragraph 19

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:37 AM
That may well be the case, so I agree with what you are saying.

That being said, quoting a statement that the company denies was ever made, and then drawing conclusions from it is not helpful, and in itself misleading.

Company has NOT denied it was ever made.

Please reference.

Thx

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:44 AM
http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/286676/pacific-edge-business

note paragraph 19

The comment was never corrected, sp moved from $1.29 to over $1.70 in January 2014 following that article and and DD and CS both sold shares after that.

If they are honorable men, they would have corrected that article before selling.

twotic
27-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Company has NOT denied it was ever made.

Please reference.

Thx

I can't believe an active shareholder such as yourself has not followed up on this.

Anyone who emailed the company for clarification on this matter received the same reply - "Thank you for your email. That is not a statement made by Chris Swann." If you don't believe me I urge you find out for yourself.

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I can't believe an active shareholder such as yourself has not followed up on this.

Anyone who emailed the company for clarification on this matter received the same reply - "Thank you for your email. That is not a statement made by Chris Swann." If you don't believe me I urge you find out for yourself.

Not good enough.

The comment was never corrected, sp moved from $1.29 to over $1.70 in January 2014 following that article and and DD and CS both sold shares after that.

If they are honorable men, they would have corrected that article before selling.

twotic
27-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Not good enough.

We are arguing different points Balance and I think you know it (so this will be my last post on the matter as the conversation is starting to get redundant).

The point I am making is that quoting a statement that PEB has stated wasn't made, and drawing conclusions from that statement, could easily lead to inaccurate inference, and is misleading to do so. You seem like a smart enough chap so I believe you actually agree with me on that point - however you will not admit to it.

I am however a rationale chap, and also not afraid to agree with you on some of your points. Yes, I believe they should have corrected that as soon as they realised an error had been made. And yes I think it is questionable that they sold shares during that time. None of that affects the point I am making though!

OK enough said on that matter - enjoy your day everyone and good luck with the announcement tomorrow!

Balance
27-11-2014, 11:58 AM
We are arguing different points Balance and I think you know it (so this will be my last post on the matter as the conversation is starting to get redundant).

The point I am making is that quoting a statement that PEB has stated wasn't made, and drawing conclusions from that statement, could easily lead to inaccurate inference, and is misleading to do so. You seem like a smart enough chap so I believe you actually agree with me on that point - however you will not admit to it.

I am however a rationale chap, and also not afraid to agree with you on some of your points. Yes, I believe they should have corrected that as soon as they realised an error had been made. And yes I think it is questionable that they sold shares during that time. None of that affects the point I am making though!

OK enough said on that matter - enjoy your day everyone and good luck with the announcement tomorrow!

Nope - I personally think Chris Swann MADE that comment.

And PEB has NOT stated that the comment was not made. Maybe to you but that's not to the public where the comment was printed.

If he is saying that he did not make that comment, it brings into question all the other comments he made in that article.

So did he say this? :*"He was less concerned about the molecular science being ''copied'' by competitors in the future - because Pacific Edge is always developing and updating it, which acted as ''buffer'' - than by the potential for a breakthrough elsewhere in technology."

Implications are scary!

klid
27-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Can you please provide the reference. Seems.... weird, and NOT clear.

Tsuba
27-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Doc, I can't stop singing the 'Green Green Grass of Home'. He said: 'That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome'. 'Is it common?'I asked. 'It's not unusual' he replied.

Lots of no life people on deck at the moment Hancocks....;)

twotic
27-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Can you please provide the reference. Seems.... weird.

Hi Klid,

The reference is (personal communication with David Darling, 2014). I know thats not really what you are after, but if you want confirmation just email him, I have absolutely no doubt you will get the same response as many other did.

Hope that helps.

Balance
27-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Klid,

The reference is (personal communication with David Darling, 2014). I know thats not really what you are after, but if you want confirmation just email him, I have absolutely no doubt you will get the same response as many other did.

Hope that helps.

2014?

Come on, you can do better than that.

After March 2014 after DD and CS have sold?

pierre
27-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Nope - I personally think Chris Swann MADE that comment.

And PEB has NOT stated that the comment was not made. Maybe to you but that's not to the public where the comment was printed.

If he is saying that he did not make that comment, it brings into question all the other comments he made in that article.

So did he say this? :*"He was less concerned about the molecular science being ''copied'' by competitors in the future - because Pacific Edge is always developing and updating it, which acted as ''buffer'' - than by the potential for a breakthrough elsewhere in technology."

Implications are scary!

This is starting to sound like the interminable dog with a bone approach we used to have from Balance on the NZO thread.

Perhaps somebody could start a new thread called "DID HE/DIDN'T HE" so this one doesn't get clogged with his endless raving.

Balance
27-11-2014, 12:18 PM
This is starting to sound like the interminable dog with a bone approach we used to have from Balance on the NZO thread.

Perhaps somebody could start a new thread called "DID HE/DIDN'T HE" so this one doesn't get clogged with his endless raving.

Thanks sincerely for bringing that up.

Those who took note of my 'ravings' on NZOG ( and Pike River) saved themselves a lot of money and grief.

So you gotto ask yourself one question ...

MAC
27-11-2014, 12:23 PM

One can easily add up all the tests from the clinical trials, studies, user programmes and mini user programmes performed this year and get quite an interesting number too. All a very good investment in the future of the company. But, we will probably all know better in May next year at FY reporting just how many were used for each of those good purposes. Some I guess may risk looking a tad foolish in retrospect, but each to their own reputation.

Dentie
27-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Not good enough.

Balance, "The comment" you refer to was just one of many in that article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11178639) that any number of investors could have construed as being "positive" enough to want to invest into PEB. Remember the SP had already been into the $1.50's before declining (no doubt due to profit taking by short termers).

How can you base your tirade against DD & CS solely on that one comment? It appears your comments are being motivated more because DD & CS had the temerity to actually sell a portion of their holdings.....not because they were making positive comments about their business.

There were no rules saying they weren't allowed to sell their shares and there were plenty of opportunities for others who wanted to sell as well. In fact, the likes of Snapiti and the Moose (BFG) and no doubt others did just that. Since he sold, the Moose has done nothing but down ramped PEB and wished the rest of us good luck from the safety of the side lines. And you talk about honorable men.

"Let it go Michael"....

...and now I have read your latest comments....and if I wanted to listen to you...are you advising me to sell PEB. If not, am I to suffer the consequences?

BFG
27-11-2014, 12:29 PM
I considered buying back when it hit the 60s again but the issues still stuck out to me. After tomorrow, PEB is officially off my watchlist. Me thinks I will never own any stock again. Ah well, plenty o' fish.

I'm not the only one standing on the sidelines that sold out and is shakibg their head at management on the sidelines btw. Soneone else much more respectable than I is much happier parking the $$$s elsewhere...

Balance
27-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Balance, "The comment" you refer to was just one of many in that article (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11178639) that any number of investors could have construed as being "positive" enough to want to invest into PEB. Remember the SP had already been into the $1.50's before declining (no doubt due to profit taking by short termers).

How can you base your tirade against DD & CS solely on that one comment? It appears your comments are being motivated more because DD & CS had the temerity to actually sell a portion of their holdings.....not because they were making positive comments about their business.

There were no rules saying they weren't allowed to sell their shares and there were plenty of opportunities for others who wanted to sell as well. In fact, the likes of Snapiti and the Moose (BFG) and no doubt others did just that. Since he sold, the Moose has done nothing but down ramped PEB and wished the rest of us good luck from the safety of the side lines. And you talk about honorable men.

"Let it go Michael"....

...and now I have read your latest comments....and if I wanted to listen to you...are you advising me to sell PEB. If not, am I to suffer the consequences?

I am with you about the rampers.

You don't have to listen to me and I am not advising you to sell.

My beef all the time is the 'tens of thousands of tests' and my belief that PEB owes it to shareholders, investors and the market to provide a proper update on where sales are at. No more hype and feel good statements about 'meeting our expectations' etc. What about the tens of thousands of tests expectations? If they are unpaid, fine. But let's have them.

Meanwhile, we have posters here trying to shut down any discussion and inference to CS's comment. May work with others, does not with me as NZOG and Pike River blind-sided supporters found out. The more they try to shut me down, the deeper I dig.

skid
27-11-2014, 12:37 PM
''PEB charman David Darling has acknowledged that the American market has been far more difficult than anticipated.As a result of disappointing sales he has announced that Joe Shmoe will be appointed as the chief marketing consultant and there will be a capital raising ''.

would you base anything on that one comment?

Either Chris swan was wrong or misleading or the Otago Daily times was wrong in its interview--neither has corrected the statement

skid
27-11-2014, 12:42 PM
I still dont get why not even the optimistic have predicted a healthy lot of sales?

What should we be looking for tomorrow? What will satisfy Mr Market ?

MAC
27-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I think too Hancock’s there may be a lot happening behind the scenes just like that, there are a few more staff doing important things than this time last year too.

I’m interested actually to get a feel tomorrow for how many of these mini user programmes with the LUG’s have been initiated, the one’s we heard about at the last reporting.

There is no guarantee that they will all roll over into agreements, the goal is a humble 10% market share after all, but each one initiated prospectively lights a fuse for its own revenue stream, all accumulating together nicely over the next 12 months.

BFG
27-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Is that a promise to stop posting in this thread after tomorrow?

I don't think anyone but Snapiti, Hank and MAC will be posting after tomorrow if the results are terrible because they'll have had enough!

Do you promise to admit I was right if they are terrible? I'm willing to admit I was wrong; I have done so before and am only human! :D

NZSilver
27-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I am with you about the rampers.

You don't have to listen to me and I am not advising you to sell.

My beef all the time is the 'tens of thousands of tests' and my belief that PEB owes it to shareholders, investors and the market to provide a proper update on where sales are at. No more hype and feel good statements about 'meeting our expectations' etc. What about the tens of thousands of tests expectations? If they are unpaid, fine. But let's have them.

Meanwhile, we have posters here trying to shut down any discussion and inference to CS's comment. May work with others, does not with me as NZOG and Pike River blind-sided supporters found out. The more they try to shut me down, the deeper I dig.

I like your posts Balance and its always good to hear different opinions on companies, it is often easy to get caught up in the hype and expect things to go sky high (some posters almost act like companies can do no wrong and have no chance of failing) ignoring the risk and overstating the positives, it is always good to have posters that make people get some good grounding and re-asses.

Peb - i like the science, but there is still a lot of risk, no guarantees, science vs the commercial world vs laws/legislation can conflict! However I hope they succeed.

Keep up the good work Balance

Cheers

skid
27-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I think too Hancock’s there may be a lot happening behind the scenes just like that, there are a few more staff doing important things than this time last year too.

I’m interested actually to get a feel tomorrow for how many of these mini user programmes with the LUG’s have been initiated, the one’s we heard about at the last reporting.

There is no guarantee that they will all roll over into agreements, the goal is a humble 10% market share after all, but each one initiated prospectively lights a fuse for its own revenue stream, all accumulating together nicely over the next 12 months.

So your looking for an update on user programs or better yet news of one on board with a revenue agreement---Ok thats a start.

Surely there must be others who have an idea what would ignite the market?

nextbigthing
27-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Just caught up on the last 10000 posts since yesterday. Here's a brief summary for people who can't be Fu*&ed reading it all;

PEB made some new announcements but it turns out people are more interested in Snapiti and debating a possible CS comment from ages ago.

benjitara
27-11-2014, 12:52 PM
If they post poor results tomorrow what does that mean? It doesn't mean the product isn't brilliant... It doesn't mean that the product has lost its competitive advantage on its closest competitors... It may well mean that TIME is needed to make these factors more apparent to the right people.

skid
27-11-2014, 12:58 PM
If they post poor results tomorrow what does that mean? It doesn't mean the product isn't brilliant... It doesn't mean that the product has lost its competitive advantage on its closest competitors... It may well mean that TIME is needed to make these factors more apparent to the right people.

Fair comment ben--But part of our education ,I reckon is doing our best to determine what the market is expecting from tomorrows announcement--If your right ,but the herd thinks different ,and you sell and buy-then you could conceivably end up with more shares.

Balance
27-11-2014, 01:03 PM

TIME is fine when a company is already profitable and is not burning through cash.

TIME is also fine if a company's product is not going to be copied or replicated.

Telecom believed CDMA was the right technology but TIME was not on its side - ended up losing Telecom billions of dollars in lost opportunities and customers, but Telecom had plenty of cash from its other operations. It survived but in a much weakened state.

MAC
27-11-2014, 01:07 PM

Yep, it is totally the outlook tomorrow that is important, commentary on prospective agreements, and some indication on LUG mini user programmes too I think which are unlikely to ever be announced individually, that’s what’s important to the market as that’s where the big revenues will be generated.

As for starter revenues from the previous reporting period, whilst staff were being recruited and trained, and relationships with health organisations were just being starting to be initiated, well, shrug, couldn’t give a toss for them, absolutely meaningless.

skid
27-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Yep, it is totally the outlook tomorrow that is important, commentary on prospective agreements, and some indication on LUG mini user programmes too I think which are unlikely to ever be announced individually, that’s what’s important to the market as that’s where the big revenues will be generated.

As for starter revenues from the previous reporting period, whilst staff were being recruited and trained, and relationships with health organisations were just being starting to be initiated, well, shrug, couldn’t give a toss for them, absolutely meaningless.

But does MR Market think they are meaningless?

MAC
27-11-2014, 01:14 PM
So your looking for an update on user programs or better yet news of one on board with a revenue agreement---Ok thats a start.

Surely there must be others who have an idea what would ignite the market?

I really don’t care what the market does in the short term, I’ve no interest in selling, quite content with an update every six months watching the IP accumulate, agreements being reached, number of user programmes accumulate, as that’s the business model being rolled out and where the investment is.

But, it will be of absolutely no surprise to see the SP move up the $0.42 to $3.57 valuation range over the coming year if Pacific Edge keep successfully ticking off commercial milestones along the plan provided, the way they have been to date.

benjitara
27-11-2014, 01:20 PM
I can't see how anyone would want to think that PEB has processed 1000's of tests so far. That sort of thinking would fly in the face of their own intelligence. This businesses sales will be effected most be allowing institutions to trial the product, see that it works better than current procedures at a cost that allows for the use of it as part of standard medical protocols and then sign agreements that ensure its use. Simply as that . Have we seen any announcements conclusively supporting those thoughts? At the moment I'd say we've seen very few announcements that support those thoughts so I'm not expecting a large amount of sales... and It doesn't worry me.... And as for a person saying $100 million in 5 years, people say a lot of things that people cling to. Hitler thought the nazis would rule for 1000 years...

skid
27-11-2014, 01:21 PM
I would venture to say that there are some who are interested in what the market(SP) does tomorrow,ya know?--something to kind of cement all those agreements in place.
Then we can think about what happens later. just a little bit of that ''hoards of cash" would help :)

skid
27-11-2014, 01:24 PM
I can't see how anyone would want to think that PEB has processed 1000's of tests so far. That sort of thinking would fly in the face of their own intelligence. This businesses sales will be effected most be allowing institutions to trial the product, see that it works better than current procedures at a cost that allows for the use of it as part of standard medical protocols and then sign agreements that ensure its use. Simply as that . Have we seen any announcements conclusively supporting those thoughts? At the moment I'd say we've seen very few announcements that support those thoughts so I'm not expecting a large amount of sales... and It doesn't worry me.... And as for a person saying $100 million in 5 years, people say a lot of things that people cling to. Hitler thought the nazis would rule for 1000 years...

But that ,ah,is what PEB is saying....:confused:

MAC
27-11-2014, 01:30 PM
I would venture to say that there are some who are interested in what the market(SP) does tomorrow,ya know?--something to kind of cement all those agreements in place.
Then we can think about what happens later. just a little bit of that ''hoards of cash" would help :)

Perhaps so Skid, protagonistic knockers aside, most debate seems to arise on these threads simply because folk are investing to different time horizons without considering each other’s outlook in that respect.

Whether anyone is hoping to make a quick buck off an announcement or are just content with an update from a company with all the potential in the world, literally, I wish you all luck.

see weed
27-11-2014, 01:44 PM
If you all like to have a ten minute break, you are welcome to join me for a nice cold milkshake over on atm cafe. SW.

benjitara
27-11-2014, 01:49 PM
But that ,ah,is what PEB is saying....:confused:

Don't worry what they are saying.
4 frogs sit on a log and decide to jump off, how many frogs are left on the log? 4! because saying something and actually doing it are two entirely different things. Worry (if you have to) about what they are doing.

skid
27-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Ive already said that Im waiting to invest until the picture is just a bit clearer,in terms of PEB,and the market.
Before it was risky to wait-but I think things have changed a bit in that regard.(could be wrong)
No matter what any one does there is chance involved and risk.
Ive decided to wait till sales pic up or one of those big outfits come on board(or it just seems to cheap)
Maybe the former will happen tomorrow and it will cost me to ride this train.
I guess its pretty obvious ,that it is a subject that interests me,so Ill be around (and seriously try not to step on to many toes):)

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 02:05 PM
I still dont get why not even the optimistic have predicted a healthy lot of sales?

What should we be looking for tomorrow? What will satisfy Mr Market ?know what I will be looking for. A due but not overdue trade receivables payment cycle higher than march 2014. This was 640 tests billed but not paid and not overdue and considered an asset. A higher number than march will indicate how many tests were done in the cycle prior to cutoff in Sept
Will serve as a rough guide as to the rate of climb.
Based on that load of old cobblers I'm still sticking with 3338 tests done and dusted for HY 2015
Cheers
Miner

P41 2014 annual report if you are interested

Tsuba
27-11-2014, 02:08 PM
If you all like to have a ten minute break, you are welcome to join me for a nice cold milkshake over on atm cafe. SW.

Off to the ATM Cafe.

MAC
27-11-2014, 02:13 PM
The answer from Mr Market is all of $0.9M, perhaps it will be $0.5M or $1.2M, with a shrug and a yawn either way, hence the focus on more important matters.

Now there is coverage on Pacific Edge in the public domain, the market will be expecting what the insto’s and the analysts have in their spreadsheets, just as for any other stock;

Forbar FY15: $2.8M
Edison FY15: $2.32

There is a third analyst outlier at FY15 $3.82, but putting that one aside.

The expectation thus becomes a smudge under half the average of the two analysts full year estimates in allowing for the second half revenues probably being higher than the first, thus,

HY15 market anticipation = (2.8 + 2.32)/2 = $1.28 adjusted ---> = $0.9M

No, the SP won’t move on the revenues release, whether it comes in at $0.5 or $1.5M, no one will give a rats aside from the particularly fickle, and there has been an enormous flush out of the fickle over the last six months, they are all sitting on the sidelines, good riddance too.

It’s the commentary that may move the SP upward toward valuation, simply due to affirmation of the five year goal, progress against the commercialisation plan, and the outlook for FY15.

winner69
27-11-2014, 02:21 PM
know what I will be looking for. A due but not overdue trade receivables payment cycle higher than march 2014. This was 640 tests billed but not paid and not overdue and considered an asset. A higher number than march will indicate how many tests were done in the cycle prior to cutoff in Sept
Will serve as a rough guide as to the rate of climb.
Based on that load of old cobblers I'm still sticking with 3338 tests done and dusted for HY 2015
Cheers
Miner

P41 2014 annual report if you are interested

Sure is a load of old cobblers mate.

Forget about that receivables number .... it only makes you see things that don't exist

What they sold (whether paid for or still to be paid for) is in the Revenues line on the P&L. Plain and simple

(Any free ones are lost in the expense numbers.

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Sure is a load of old cobblers mate.

Forget about that receivables number .... it only makes you see things that don't exist

What they sold (whether paid for or still to be paid for) is in the Revenues line on the P&L. Plain and simple

(Any free ones are lost in the expense numbers.Ah well, guess I'd better whip down and tell the accountant. Cant rely on anybody these days.

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Brilliant idea. Lets start the one for May next year - bit late for this half.:)

couta1
27-11-2014, 03:36 PM
All I know is if Mr Market likes the report my red arrow will get smaller and if not it will get bigger, pretty simple really:cool:

robbo24
27-11-2014, 03:44 PM
All I know is if Mr Market likes the report my red arrow will get smaller and if not it will get bigger, pretty simple really:cool:

Your WHAT will get bigger or smaller????

:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D :scared::D:scared::D

skid
27-11-2014, 04:11 PM
We probably should have a sweepstake though, don't you think. How about US Lab Revenues?

I'll go for $500k.

So with PEBs prediction of 9128 tests by FY2015 how many tests would a revenue of 500K represent?(approx) (sorry Ive forgotten the approx test cost) ---(around 1000?)

skid
27-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Your WHAT will get bigger or smaller????

:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D:scared::D :scared::D:scared::D

Yes,that too robbo--It will get heaps bigger if the news is good:):):)

(It would be the ultimate climax to the story this year)

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Looks like a tight ship, no leaks yet.:)

Balance
27-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Looks like a tight ship, no leaks yet.:)

Nothing to leak - cover up and hype machine working overtime?

skid
27-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes,ladies and gentlemen,they are in the starting gates @83

No leaks yet-Miner,thats not a very optomistic approach:)

Minerbarejet
27-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Did you see the brief cameo appearance of sell 50000 @ .78?
Looked like a last minute shakeout attempt or something.

couta1
27-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Its been a day of dogs with their bones and no doubt the knockers will be queuing at the door ready to make a whole lota noise tomorrow probably a good day to go fishing but unfortunately there's too much wind about at the moment:cool:

Balance
27-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Its been a day of dogs with their bones and no doubt the knockers will be queuing at the door ready to make a whole lota noise tomorrow probably a good day to go fishing but unfortunately there's too much wind about at the moment:cool:

Can Rampers count on you to be there? :D

couta1
27-11-2014, 06:01 PM
[QUOI=Balance;519398]Can Rampers count on you to be there? :D[/QUOTE]
Nah im in the Camping corner with all the long termers but ive got my rose tinted glasses on in case the light gets too bright tomorrow:D

Balance
27-11-2014, 06:38 PM
[QUOI=Balance;519398]Can Rampers count on you to be there? :D
Nah im in the Camping corner with all the long termers but ive got my rose tinted glasses on in case the light gets too bright tomorrow:D[/QUOTE]

For a long termer, you spend an inordinate amount of time agonizing over the comments here.

:D

couta1
27-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Agonizing would be the wrong word choice perhaps Bemused would be a better choice besides it makes good lighthearted reading on a day off, good night all and sleep tight:cool:

AndyLP
27-11-2014, 10:11 PM
There's so much drama around the sales isn't there.

Compare sentiment now to six months ago, pre announcement.

SP is much lower.
Sales expectations are much more realistic. Few people dreamed that sales would be in the hundreds back then.

I think a lot of people who had those unrealistic expectations last time around, who saw a lot of their investment evaporate short term, are now on the sidelines, therefore can't drive the SP lower.

I'll be looking for a steady increase in sales. Not expecting any where near ten thousand.

My 2c!

crayfish
27-11-2014, 10:21 PM
surprise surprise NOT……. PEB coming out with positive announcementS that on the face of it could add value to the company just prior to another sales performance announcement.
Oh so predictable……so are Fridays results.
That’s not the fire alarm bell you are hearing people………………………
This sort of timely nonsense hype indicates that not only will the sales numbers be very low but cash burn will be a lot higher than most expected.

I see the share price was up after the announcement so their hype strategy is still working for them. (me thinks they better make the most of this)

LOL……it’s going to take some massive magical spin and hype to try and get investors to overlook the actual numbers tommorow. Far better than Wednesday’s announcements and proceeding well orchestrated media hype.
I am disappointed for shareholders that this is all they can come up with (looks pretty desperate to me) but I guess they had to try the old smoke in mirrors trick again as it has worked so many times before
Me thinks plenty of you will need a drink Friday night maybe even a lunch time one for the overweighted holders………. better make it a strong one as I am now very confident it will be needed to dull the pain.

Tommorows announcement will confirm that their PR team are far busier than their sales team and much better at supporting the share price too.

Or could the timing of these announcements just be a coincidence just like the positive announcements made exactly two days before to their last crappy sales report…… yeh right pass me another tui

I see even some of the PEB faithful are talking down tomorrow’s sales result……. I wonder why.
Lets be honest when it comes to the sales revenue tomorrow it is all about the US results……
Given the companies pre announcement hype is a sure indicator that things are not going to be rosy me thinks US revenue will be 280-300 k……. an epic fail and cash burn 25% more than expected.
:eek2:

couta1
27-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Moosie becomes BFG and Snapiti becomes a Crayfish, the old saying there's nothing like the original rings true:cool:

BFG
27-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Moosie becomes BFG and Snapiti becomes a Crayfish, the old saying there's nothing like the original rings true:cool:

Robbo will have the photoshop images up soon in all probability. Hyis last one for Snakk was a doozy!

crayfish
27-11-2014, 10:48 PM
forgotten my password to snapiti and have ask admin to help (which they may have done) but my email crashed today as well so I had to re spawn, for now, so I could post today and tell you I told you so tomorrow:p

robbo24
27-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Robbo will have the photoshop images up soon in all probability. Hyis last one for Snakk was a doozy!

Stop sending me annoying emails about PEB. I don't read this thread to avoid being dumbed down by you two.

Crystal Ball
27-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Stop sending me annoying emails about PEB. I don't read this thread to avoid being dumbed down by you two.

Very creative robbo and I would imagine a very flattering impersonation of them both. Your talent is astounding.... Nite all, can t wait for the pages of speculation on this thread pre 10 am tomorrow morning, better set my alarm clock so I have time to read it all...ah yawn.

Minerbarejet
28-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Looks like today is going to be either the " running of the bulls" with thousands trampled underfoot in the rush to buy shares, or the " teddy bears picnic" with side orders of moose and crayfish while watching capital erosion on paper.

NBI at a new high if that helps:)

crayfish
28-11-2014, 08:23 AM

very flattering on the figure side thanks robbo............

skid
28-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Now....Before the carnage starts ..just a few ground rules..Lets keep it clean (there are kids watching)..no hitting below the belt.
I never made a prediction so here goes.....low sales(maybe 500-600) with a commentary about how they are making good progress on negotiations (at least thats what I'd say if sales were low)---ok --knock your gloves together --return to your corner..and wait for the bell.....

And remember --no matter how this turns out-----there will be a rematch....

klid
28-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Thats like 3 times in 3 days you've made me LOL robbo.

no results yet. Hope prior to 10am isnt like 9:59. I like it when coys say prior to 9:30. Another thing they should think about.

robbo24
28-11-2014, 08:55 AM
no results yet. Hope prior to 10am isnt like 9:59. I like it when coys say prior to 9:30. Another thing they should think about.

The announcement will be made late in the day. This is a result of the new company policy of proof reading everything 66 times before release.

Hopefully a Freudian slip/parapraxis does not occur in the drafting and we read about CXBla66er this time around.

pierre
28-11-2014, 09:02 AM
The announcement will be made late in the day. This is a result of the new company policy of proof reading everything 66 times before release.

Hopefully a Freudian slip/parapraxis does not occur in the drafting and we read about CXBla66er this time around.

I'd like to think the release might be headed CxBla$$er - but don't think that's especially likely today - maybe next year.

benjitara
28-11-2014, 09:14 AM
This looks far better than what I was predicting. Good on them. Operating revenue comes in at 1.1 with customer receipts 370k? Australian sales slow but that could almost be seen as a positive when you consider that it seems the usage of the product has a real snow-ball effect. I do like the fact that USA revenues appear to be off to a strong start given revenues equal that of NZ already...

couta1
28-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Looks like the dogs will be taking their bones elsewhere today :cool:

pierre
28-11-2014, 09:17 AM
This looks far better than what I was predicting. Good on them. Operating revenue comes in at 1.1 which equates to around 1500 tests? Australian sales slow but that could almost be seen as a positive when you consider that it seems the usage of the product has a real snow-ball effect.

So where will the SP close today - 90c ...or higher?

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:18 AM

NO .....$1.10 easy peasy

Squiggly lines says so

klid
28-11-2014, 09:19 AM
1.4m in trade rec, beats the 1m I wanted. I want to buy, hope it doesn't jump too much on open :s
There is now possibility of a profit in FY15 even. I'd say.

And look he's done QUARTERLY test results! With a crude graph with no exact numbers on the side however.

I guess I will pay up to a dollar. Jeeez. Really impressed overall. Upwards momentum from here I would say!

ddrone
28-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Cash in is $370k, revenue is $1mil. So AR of $700k. I count around 2k tests sold.

benjitara
28-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Sorry Peirre. I got a little excited with the customer receipts being 370k from operating rev of 1.1. Still like the progress they have made. The next 12 months should see them cement their road to markets. good times ahead if they can get these user programmes to sign up and start using the product in clinical situations as standard procedure

MAC
28-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Ticks all the boxes very well, good period growth, sufficient cash on hand, goal confirmation, tracking to plan, positive outlook.

There’s been an awful lot achieved in the last 12 months to be seen when all laid out like that, plenty more to come for the year ahead too it would seem and accelerating also.

All on track against the commercialisation plan and five year goal, perhaps the SP will start to reflect that again now.

Well done to all the hard working folk at Pacific Edge, NZ and US, you deserve a pat on the back.

Casino
28-11-2014, 09:25 AM
• Signed agreements with National Provider Networks – Multiplan, FedMed, ACPN, Stratos
• Kaiser Permanente signed to a User Program for 2015 completion
• User programmes in place with with a growing number of Large Urology Group practices
• Commercial sales achieved and revenue growing in the US
• US sales executive team expanded from four to twelve through August and September this
year
US focus for FY15
 Increase the number of User Programmes
 Continue to translate existing user programmes into paying commercial relationships
 Grow the total sales of Cxbladder

• Successfully completed two validation studies with Waitemata and Canterbury District
health boards with results supporting clinical study findings
• Signed agreements with Urologists servicing BOP and Lakes District Health Boards
• Continuing to work with National Health Council to put Cxbladder into the Standard of Care
in NZ
• Launched the e-commerce platform for Urologists and patients in NZ
• Commercial sales achieved and revenue growing in the New Zealand market
• Commercial sales from Healthscope, our licensed partner in Australia, are slow
• Commercial partnership in Spain expected to start soon

Objectives
• Focusing on American healthcare market
• Roll-out of Cxbladder Triage
• Evaluating the roll-out to Sout East Asian markets in Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand
• Developing new bladder cancer diagnostic tests
• Aiding the launch of Cxbladder triage in New Zealand as a precursor for the US
• Targeting gross revenues of over $NZ100m after five full years of trading
• Continuing to rollout our User Programmes to targeted clinical groups and urologists in the
US, New Zealand and Australia

What about CMS coverage? Where are we with this?

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:28 AM
US Lab Sales $460k
NZ Lab sales $70k
Research Nz / Australia $480k

Methinks actual test sales $550k in US and NZ

klid
28-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Well I am first on those orders at $0.90. I set the price it looks? :)

crayfish
28-11-2014, 09:32 AM
370k total receipts from customer.......... what a joke.
No talk of CMS.
Stated outlook absolute rhetoric with no numbers.
Happy for everyone else to be buying.

crayfish
28-11-2014, 09:33 AM
US Lab Sales $460k
NZ Lab sales $70k
Research Nz / Australia $480k

Methinks actual test sales $550k in US and NZ
I think thats spot on winner, you have done well to see through the smoke and mirrors.

AndyLP
28-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Really solid result.

CXBladder Triage too -
New Product: Cxbladder Triage launches on time and to plan in December 2014.

Well, cool. "launches" past tense.. December 2014 hasn't arrived yet.?

klid
28-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Really solid result.

CXBladder Triage too -
New Product: Cxbladder Triage launches on time and to plan in December 2014.

Well, cool. "launches" past tense.. December 2014 hasn't arrived yet.?

Halt, correction. Jokes.

Who's this fella stacking up $1? Stop it. Going to have a shower, back at 9:59.

twotic
28-11-2014, 09:37 AM
First of all congrats on what on the surface appears to me to be a good results.

Can I ask though, am I missing something on the graph on pg 3 of the presentation (Lab throughput)? I can't see any numbers (only % change)?? Seems ridiculous...am I missing something?

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:38 AM
$1m of test revenue, up 1,000%. That's probably between 1,000 and 1,500 PAID tests.

This is excellent progress.

I sure that revenue line includes grants and other services (in this part of the world)

Segment numbers suggest $550k in tests

couta1
28-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I think thats spot on winner, you have done well to see through the smoke and mirrors.
Two men looked out through their prison bars one saw mud and the other one saw stars:cool:

crayfish
28-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Two men looked out through their prison bars one saw mud and the other one saw stars:cool:
one man bought at 1.70 the other man sold...........

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:40 AM
First of all congrats on what on the surface appears to me to be a good results.

Can I ask though, am I missing something on the graph on pg 3 of the presentation (Lab throughput)? I can't see any numbers (only % change)?? Seems ridiculous...am I missing something?

Numbers mean nothing mate ...it's the trend that matters

Tricky though .....some would say "commercial sensitive"

Don't think you being sucked in do you

benjitara
28-11-2014, 09:42 AM
I think the results will start to make more people think this stock could be a long-term play. PEB look like they could have a reasonable chance at gaining huge growth especially with these user programmes covering good numbers in the next 18 months.. conversion rate key but they do have a product with some clout.

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Sorry, only glanced through. Where is the segment revenue shown?

Page 8 ..external sales

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204637.pdf

crayfish
28-11-2014, 09:43 AM
it might take many a while to work through the smoke and mirror report but one thing is for sure the number are not as flash as they first appear.
Nice work winner

twotic
28-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Numbers mean nothing mate ...it's the trend that matters

Tricky though .....some would say "commercial sensitive"

Don't think you being sucked in do you

I'm just surprised it is SO blatant!

Schrodinger
28-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Any accountants here that can explain the $370K receipts from customers (cashflow statement) and how this relates to the operating revenue numbers $1M?

skid
28-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I sure that revenue line includes grants and other services (in this part of the world)

Segment numbers suggest $550k in tests

If its 550K in tests -then Miner has gotten it pretty spot on at 500K--
Not sure if its as astronomical as first impression ,but its certainly not bad news so congrates to all who were waiting for the much needed boost.

MAC
28-11-2014, 09:46 AM

Preliminary results today, we all must wait for the HY report to come out in December for all the interesting commentary snipits and financial analysis, more to come in a few weeks time, end of December usually.

Yakman12
28-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Any accountants here that can explain the $370K receipts from customers (cashflow statement) and how this relates to the operating revenue numbers $1M?

There is 1.4M in trade receivables, the $370k is actual cash received, the rest is still to be physically paid (but is owed by the customers)

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:47 AM
one man bought at 1.70 the other man sold...........

I think we will banned by lunchtime mate

I'm on my up to have the crayfish and paua fritters for lunch

I still hold $1.10 today so I'll bring the Little Creatures ....or would you prefer champers

Schrodinger
28-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Most of the revenue is showing up in debtors. i.e. people have done the test, but PEB has not yet been paid. All normal and nothing to worry about.

Cheers.....

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm just surprised it is SO blatant!

What's wrong with painting a rosy picture

winner69
28-11-2014, 09:51 AM
If its 550K in tests -then Miner has gotten it pretty spot on at 500K--
Not sure if its as astronomical as first impression ,but its certainly not bad news so congrates to all who were waiting for the much needed boost.

So about 1000 tests

I can see MAC crunching the numbers again .....yes a DCF of $2.25 has just come out

twotic
28-11-2014, 09:53 AM
What's wrong with painting a rosy picture

I know you are taking the piss, but common - a throughput graph with no indication of what throughput numbers are? mmmm

MAC
28-11-2014, 09:57 AM
So about 1000 tests

I can see MAC crunching the numbers again .....yes a DCF of $2.25 has just come out

You caught me, I am too actually, but no change in valuation expected, it's the discounted 2019 onward revenues that value the stock, not so much starter sales in 2015, that’s why confirmation of progress on the commercialisation plan and pathway is much more important. Happy with my FY15 $1.85 as it stands.

klid
28-11-2014, 09:59 AM
90/91 open, that mark again it looks like, it will break through though.

winner69
28-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh, and last but not least …………….

He he he he

So you think this is a good report?

winner69
28-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh, and last but not least …………….

He he he he

pierre
28-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Opens at 91c - will it hold?

Mista_Trix
28-11-2014, 10:03 AM

It's trending in the right direction - which I think most will be happy with.

klid
28-11-2014, 10:03 AM
Far out, damn early stackers.
Bought at $0.94.

golden city
28-11-2014, 10:07 AM
bought some at 94c...with good potential..affirmed.., under dollar is a good entry

robbo24
28-11-2014, 10:07 AM
If the attached trendline is in tact at the end of the day then BFG owes me a pack of WINNIE BLUES.

Note: 5 November 2014, monthly, all data chart.

steve06
28-11-2014, 10:09 AM
hopeless with the financial side of things, but do they indicate how many paying user programmes are currently in place? and are the tests used in these programmes paid by PEB or by customers?

pierre
28-11-2014, 10:11 AM
BFG must be busy licking his wounds - he's noticeably absent from the discussion this morning.

robbo24
28-11-2014, 10:14 AM
BFG must be busy licking his wounds - he's noticeably absent from the discussion this morning.

He's too busy sending me schizo emails, changing his mind back and forth. This is uncanny given that I keep telling him to post his thoughts on the forums instead.

skid
28-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Looks like possibly 94 is short term resistance--after the initial burst-time will tell --10% is still pretty good

skid
28-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Sorry 12% (up 10):)
even prettier good