PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

golden city
29-02-2016, 10:59 PM
looks like game changing time.., with cms announcement in the corner too..

pak
01-03-2016, 09:00 AM
When you see DD buying up you know it's game on. Until then............

OldGuy
01-03-2016, 09:21 AM
Couldn't agree more, Balance.

Also, IMHO, the science is catching up so quickly with PEB that the chances of significant commercial success are similar to siting snuffalufacus...

nextbigthing
01-03-2016, 09:27 AM
When you see DD buying up you know it's game on. Until then............

Absolutely agree. Although I'd add, buying up in a meaningful way. $1m not 10k. If he does, bet someone else's farm.

Balance
01-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Absolutely agree. Although I'd add, buying up in a meaningful way. $1m not 10k. If he does, bet someone else's farm.

The ones to really really follow are the Masfens who have invested and played this stock like true stock masters (and good on them - congratulations):

# shares Cents
Bought 17,540,349 0.1429 $2,506,516
Rights 7,517,292 0.19 $1,428,285
Rights 1,407,685 0.55 $774,227
26,465,326 $4,709,028

Sold :

Mar-13 10,000,000 0.65 $6,500,000
Oct-13 3,250,000 1.20 $3,900,000
Mar-14 5,250,000 1.45 $7,612,500
$18,012,500

Profit so far of $13.3m so far and they still have 7.965m shares worth $3.9m.

And notice they did not participate in the last rights issue at 61 cents?

(For that matter, NONE of the directors put in any of their money).

You simply cannot beat those who sit on the board and have access to 'good' information.

They must have been laughing their heads off when punters/investors (including me) rushed in to participate in the biotech stock of the century on the NZX - and sold down their shareholding, knowing full well that there were going to be many many hurdles yet before they sold 'tens of thousands of tests'.

And I repeat - GOOD ON THEM!

Sgt Pepper
01-03-2016, 11:49 AM
The ones to really really follow are the Masfens who have invested and played this stock like true stock masters (and good on them - congratulations):

# shares Cents
Bought 17,540,349 0.1429 $2,506,516
Rights 7,517,292 0.19 $1,428,285
Rights 1,407,685 0.55 $774,227
26,465,326 $4,709,028

Sold :

Mar-13 10,000,000 0.65 $6,500,000
Oct-13 3,250,000 1.20 $3,900,000
Mar-14 5,250,000 1.45 $7,612,500
$18,012,500

Profit so far of $13.3m so far and they still have 7.965m shares worth $3.9m.

And notice they did not participate in the last rights issue at 61 cents?

(For that matter, NONE of the directors put in any of their money).

You simply cannot beat those who sit on the board and have access to 'good' information.

They must have been laughing their heads off when punters/investors (including me) rushed in to participate in the biotech stock of the century on the NZX - and sold down their shareholding, knowing full well that there were going to be many many hurdles yet before they sold 'tens of thousands of tests'.

I was always intrigued that as far as I know Dunedin Hospital, just down the road from Pacific Edge never used CX Bladder

nextbigthing
01-03-2016, 12:12 PM
The ones to really really follow are the Masfens....

Balance, out of interest, why do you support the Masfen's sell down yet lament it from DD and Swanny?

skid
01-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Good to have your views challenged some times. That's what makes this thread exciting. I also own EBO and AWK but those threads are boring. Just a bunch of people congratulating themselves on being "well positioned"!! :p

good that you say that Bing--My point on the NMP22 was that back in the day it WAS the superior product and was taken up by the VA and even covered by CMS so since that appears to be the goal of PEB why not do a bit of checking and see how it worked out for them.I dont know all the details but you would certainly want to know that it worked out in spades for the makers of NMP22.
I think PEB has a superior product but this superior product may just be taking the place of the last superior product,but what about the backdrop--Is it going to create that exponential leap?
we all knew eventually they would get this ''allowance''to procede--Eventually they will finish their trials with Kaiser as well,and then some decision will be made.(kaiser would have to come before CMS imo)
If that decision goes their way then it is a matter of whether they will achieve a decent market share till the next better product comes along.
one issue that could affect things is that up until PEB tests were farmed out to labs to be done,meaning the network of labs have a vested interest (PEB has cut them out of the process(I dont know what kind of clout this conglomeration of US labs has on the industry but it would be helpful to know)--some doctors and clinics have been pinged and fined,for referring tests to labs that give kickbacks.

Thats all in the FA arena--In terms of sentiment,who knows?--It could drift back or carry on up-sentiment is a very unpredictable beast--I would imagine the SP should stay above where it had settled before just because theres more hope now.

Balance
01-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Balance, out of interest, why do you support the Masfen's sell down yet lament it from DD and Swanny?

Because they were prepared to bankroll the company (and that included paying the salaries, benefits and fees of DD and Swanny) when it was unclear whether the company was going to succeed in launching CxBladder - real risk capital. They also held for a few years before they sold.

DD and Swanny obtained their shares after the fact (in 2013 for DD via exercise of options). The rest as they say, is history - 'tens of thousands of shares to sell'.

goldfish
01-03-2016, 12:46 PM
I was always intrigued that as far as I know Dunedin Hospital, just down the road from Pacific Edge never used CX Bladder

Men's health clinic in chch hadnt heard of it either when I asked a doctor there about it.
Was about a year ago now though.
I posted here at the time how strange I thought that was.

Balance
01-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Men's health clinic in chch hadnt heard of it either when I asked a doctor there about it.
Was about a year ago now though.
I posted here at the time how strange I thought that was.

Real story from one of my contacts from last year.

One of his family member found blood in his urine over a few days so my contact rushed him to their GP in Auckland. The GP did his usual examination and wrote up the report to send him to the lab for tests.

Being aware of CxBladder, he requested his GP to include CxBladder in the tests.

Big big drama - the GP has remotely heard of CxBladder so rang up the nearest Labtest to check the availability.

The lab has no idea what he was talking about and after some to and fro, the lab referred the doctor to a Urologist, one of only two in Auckland who can recommend the test!

Long and short of it is that no CxBladder test was done.

Fills you all with confidence that PEB is doing a good marketing job out there?

PS. The blood in the urine turned out to be from an injury trauma from playing sports.

When the bass drops
01-03-2016, 12:56 PM
skid, are you picking the SP to stay atleast above 50c until the company becomes profitable? I tend to agree with that, and addition to that I don't think we'll start seeing any significant jump until PEB starts reporting the actual test numbers. I reckon it could be 50-60c for some time. Ofcourse, there may be temporary jumps when news from the CMS and Kaiser come out.

I think the gut feeling, from one of the posters in the last few days, that the company won't be profitable for another 10 years is bordering on being plain negative. To me, this says that they perceive what has been coming out of the company is just hot air and that next to no traction will result from the VA, CMS and Kaiser interactions, and that the 10 year timeframe assume they have been forced to find another market (non US) that worked out better.

The truth is likely to be something in the middle between that view and the most upbeat tin-foiled helmet PEB-ites out there.

BlackPeter
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM
skid, are you picking the SP to stay atleast above 50c until the company becomes profitable? I tend to agree with that, and addition to that I don't think we'll start seeing any significant jump until PEB starts reporting the actual test numbers. I reckon it could be 50-60c for some time. Ofcourse, there may be temporary jumps when news from the CMS and Kaiser come out.

I think the gut feeling, from one of the posters in the last few days, that the company won't be profitable for another 10 years is bordering on being plain negative. To me, this says that they perceive what has been coming out of the company is just hot air and that next to no traction will result from the VA, CMS and Kaiser interactions, and that the 10 year timeframe assume they have been forced to find another market (non US) that worked out better.

The truth is likely to be something in the middle between that view and the most upbeat tin-foiled helmet PEB-ites out there.

As Graham says "nobody can predict the future price of stocks". I would be as well careful with guesses if & when this company will be profitable. Obviously - they don't know themselves, or does anybody still believe the $100 million revenue in 2018?

Sure - they seem to have a good product, but it appears their marketing is wanting and they don't seem to have a clue how long the processes they need to go through typically take.

I think that the NMP22 example is a good warning that even good products can make little returns (and a big loss for the original investors).

It is impossible to predict the future price of speculative growth shares, but if you have got not even realistic predictions from the company to base any value model on, than buying a lotto ticket instead of a PEB share might be a realistic and superior alternative (not that I would recommend any of these options).

What I have seen so far from PEB is that they tend to over-promise and under-deliver. A disadvantageous combination for any investment vehicle, no matter whether it ultimately crashes or survives.

skid
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM

I wasnt exactly saying that,but its a logical possibilty--I did mention it could ''drift'' back down,but probably not back to .40 (unless everyone gets really excited and gets into another hype phase ,but I think that is passed now --to many have been burned and have a much more realistic view of all that is involved--i do however think that statement by the American Urological Ass. is going to take some real work to undo.(I say that because i spent quite alot of time just trying to find a reputable site that even mentioned PEB(starting with the american Cancer ass,etc) --and then that AUA statement came along--not a great start.--they now have to overcome the doubts about urine tests in general,before being adopted in a big way--(If it had been a glowing report on the big future for urine tests,then once the trails were over it would have been a good launch pad.
I personally think that a ''leap'' forward is unlikely--that is more the realm of ''wow'' factor consumer products..maybe slow growth,until another etc etc

Andrew
01-03-2016, 02:34 PM
It may always be a fine line, but playing around with this company becomes more gambling than investing.

golden city
01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
once over 52c.., it will become the low point for short term..., might crack over 60c soon

Andrew
01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
once over 52c.., it will become the low point for short term..., might crack over 60c soon

Sometimes gambling does pay!

skid
01-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Guess thats a logical thing for one to say who just bought @ 50c--(cant blame you for wanting to goose the sp)

Balance
01-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Guess thats a logical thing for one to say who just bought @ 50c--(cant blame you for wanting to goose the sp)

The story of PEB!

There's goose and then, there was Swan - the one who talked up the sp with his 'tens of thousands' and then sold shares.

Bing
01-03-2016, 04:03 PM
we all knew eventually they would get this ''allowance''to procede--Eventually they will finish their trials with Kaiser as well,and then some decision will be made.(kaiser would have to come before CMS imo)

I didn't know that they would get an "allowance to proceed." In fact I was very concerned that they would not and stated that I would sell out if they hadn't achieved it by the May results.
I have said before that this share is high risk and speculative. I said yesterday that there is still significant risk.
I am cautiously optimistic that they will succeed. Happy to read other view points and present my own. That's what makes a market after all.

Snow Leopard
01-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Seems to be an awfully large reaction given the substance of the announcement.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

skid
01-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I didn't know that they would get an "allowance to proceed." In fact I was very concerned that they would not and stated that I would sell out if they hadn't achieved it by the May results.
I have said before that this share is high risk and speculative. I said yesterday that there is still significant risk.
I am cautiously optimistic that they will succeed. Happy to read other view points and present my own. That's what makes a market after all.

Yep,all kinds of things can happen before we find out if they can put sales on the board...At least those who have jumped now have at least waited for a pulse.....and now the thread is more fun!

PT--I agree

Minerbarejet
01-03-2016, 05:00 PM

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

"The FSS contract will provide access to Cxbladder for the 8.8 million veterans currently enrolled in the VA across 1700 sites. In addition, the contract also provides access to Cxbladder tests at the 150 US Department of Defense (DOD) facilities across the United States.
Its the previously undiscussed or undisclosed portion of this that has slipped in under the radar and may give pause for thought.
This is access to the US public purse and the US military.

trader_jackson
01-03-2016, 05:06 PM

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

I agree, to an extend.

The market clearly had alot of doubt over if they could even get it (despite company management never reporting any issues with it, and repeatedly saying they are and things are proceeding well, although just a few months behind what was originally hoped), so once this doubt, that should have never really been present in the first place, was erased, it was only logical for the share price to skyrocket

skid
01-03-2016, 05:11 PM
"The FSS contract will provide access to Cxbladder for the 8.8 million veterans currently enrolled in the VA across 1700 sites. In addition, the contract also provides access to Cxbladder tests at the 150 US Department of Defense (DOD) facilities across the United States.
Its the previously undiscussed or undisclosed portion of this that has slipped in under the radar and may give pause for thought.

ill see your 8,8million and raise you 68 million (under multiplan) that was negotiated in 2014...but wheres the results?

Pacific Edge’s agreement with MultiPlan will give MultiPlan’s participating providers and its clients’ members access to Cxbladder. Approximately 900,000 providers participate in MultiPlan’s provider networks and an estimated 68 million consumers have access to one or more of these networks.

Snow Leopard
01-03-2016, 05:13 PM

:lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wipes tears from eyes!

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Minerbarejet
01-03-2016, 05:39 PM
:lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wipes tears from eyes!

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger Maybe I should have said " paws for thought"
PT, you really have to work on that hysteria, its most unbecoming.:)

Carpenterjoe
01-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Out of date, but interesting,

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/30/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/

Screening for bladder cancer is recommended for people who are high risk, hopefully these guys full into that category.

http://www.stripes.com/va-presumption-regulation-could-help-up-to-15k-camp-lejeune-veterans-1.387558

Peb should send a test out to the soldiers

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

Times are changing

http://www.esmo.org/Oncology-News/Investing-in-the-US-National-Cancer-Moonshot

Has anyone any information re the VA's Point-of-Care Precision Oncology Program?

skid
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Out of date, but interesting,

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/30/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/

Screening for bladder cancer is recommended for people who are high risk, hopefully these guys full into that category.

http://www.stripes.com/va-presumption-regulation-could-help-up-to-15k-camp-lejeune-veterans-1.387558

Peb should send a test out to the soldiers

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

Times are changing

http://www.esmo.org/Oncology-News/Investing-in-the-US-National-Cancer-Moonshot

Has anyone any information re the VA's Point-of-Care Precision Oncology Program?

Dont hold your breath CJ

http://www.businessinsider.com/veterans-are-desperate-for-34-billion-from-congress-for-medical-care-2015-7

Even Donald Trump is using them as an example of how America is ''broken''

''Lets send a test out to solders''......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMk90KlsgLk

Balance
03-03-2016, 01:10 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/cancer-care-giant-to-pay-35-million-to-settle-radiation-therapy-allegations-1456945009

Fear of misdiagnosis and resulting law suits and damages mean urologists will only ever use urine tests as an adjunct and not as the primary tool.

Looks like sp is heading back to 40c as reality sets in that we are seeing a repeat of all those great agreements in 2013 of signing up healthcare providers in the US with bugger all to show 2 and 3 years down the track - save tens of thousands of free tests via use(less) programs.

trader_jackson
03-03-2016, 01:52 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/cancer-care-giant-to-pay-35-million-to-settle-radiation-therapy-allegations-1456945009

Fear of misdiagnosis and resulting law suits and damages mean urologists will only ever use urine tests as an adjunct and not as the primary tool.

Looks like sp is heading back to 40c as reality sets in that we are seeing a repeat of all those great agreements in 2013 of signing up healthcare providers in the US with bugger all to show 2 and 3 years down the track - save tens of thousands of free tests via use(less) programs.

But it can't head back to 40!

The window dressers (that are the institutions) wouldn't possibly let that happen, again?? After all, they are the only ones that drove the huge 28% or so increase (as you so rightly mentioned not so long ago)... Why would they let their hard work unwind when they could just keep window dressing??

Balance
03-03-2016, 01:56 PM
But it can't head back to 40!

The window dressers (that are the institutions) wouldn't possibly let that happen, again?? After all, they are the only ones that drove the huge 28% or so increase (as you so rightly mentioned not so long ago)... Why would they let their hard work unwind when they could just keep window dressing??

Have a look at the window dressing for year end Dec 2015 - sp went from 41.5c to 52c as at 31 Dec 2015, then back down to 40c.

Dentie
03-03-2016, 04:23 PM

Is that like a fear of crashing means pilots will only ever use their manual flying skills as an adjunct to the primary flying tool (auto-pilot)?

skid
03-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Is that like a fear of crashing means pilots will only ever use their manual flying skills as an adjunct to the primary flying tool (auto-pilot)?

Have you ever tried to get a straight answer out of a doctor? (I hear its pretty hard in the States)
Disc-dont know if its the case or not about urine tests ,but IMO they'd get much better care in the USA if it was'nt for all the malpractice suets.

Andrew
04-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Blood Tests have their uses, but limited in the case of bladder problems. Urethra camera, while more invasive, gives a better picture of whats going on. In particular the blood tests are not 100 percent accurate. I don't believe the uptake on these tests will be so great to generate a profit in the near future. If you take the population multiply by those that have bladder problems and multiply by those that will have the test, the result is a lot smaller than first anticipated.

The other matter is the costs of continuing R and D. How much is being spent on that, and what if none of it comes to fruition, or costs more than anticipated. Bid salaries, rents and Directors fees are being paid to Head Office, but I cant imagine that it would be that busy day to day.

Still it isn't in the realms of impossibility that this company could be successful. However, once it is profitable, how long will it continue as being profitable. Does anyone know how long patent on a blood test lasts. Then what. Or what happens if another company brings out a better one. I say there is more chance of a downside to this company than upside as an investment. Or you could ride the tide buy buying and selling on pure announcements. I tried that, when they went down to 60 cents from over a dollar, I thought how low can they go, unfortunately down to the 40's. How low can they really go te way they are burning cash.

pierre
04-03-2016, 09:37 AM
PEB doesn't use a blood test Andrew - it's a urine test.

When the bass drops
04-03-2016, 10:16 AM
pierre, is it urine in the blood test? I don't know if the subjects would still be alive in that case haha.

Fellas, You shouldn't be buying this investment if you're looking to make a quick profit inside a year. This is a medium to long-term hold. Have it as part of a wider portfolio.

Its not outside the realms of possibility that Pacific Edge develops a better test, rather than a competitor.

Andrew
04-03-2016, 10:22 AM
PEB doesn't use a blood test Andrew - it's a urine test.

OOps my mistake, I knew that. Its the blood in the urine you have to work about.

Balance
04-03-2016, 10:27 AM
pierre, is it urine in the blood test? I don't know if the subjects would still be alive in that case haha.

Fellas, You shouldn't be buying this investment if you're looking to make a quick profit inside a year. This is a medium to long-term hold. Have it as part of a wider portfolio.

Its not outside the realms of possibility that Pacific Edge develops a better test, rather than a competitor.

Medium to long term HOLD?

Tell that to the investors and shareholders associated with DD's successful commercialization of Aborgen!

Definition of a medium to long term hold : AIA

Those boys (and gals) in the likes of PEB will burn a hole in your pocket faster and longer in the long term than you have enough funds to give them!

Balance
04-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Worthwhile reading from a posting on NBR: Good advice

People need to be very cautious in the way they interpret any announcement from a company like Pacific Edge (either for good or bad) as most New Zealanders have no experience of the business and life cycle of a medical diagnostic company as an investment, they have even less insight into the US Healthcare system - which is nothing like the NZ one - and they typically have even less experience and insight again into the disease the company is diagnosing, the science behind the diagnostic kit or procedure, what biomedical/ medical problem the kit aims to address and how this fits into (or doesn't) best practice, i.e., the diagnosis/ medical management of the disease and the role that doctor's play as the gate keeper to the patient.The patient is not the customer here, the doctor is, although most New Zealanders are hopelessly, hopelessly confused about this.

In general I have noticed that New Zealand retail investors in the past have mostly got the meaning of announcements from Pacific Edge very wrong, that in turn has lead to the most extreme volatility around its share price which is just, well, bizarre.

Medical diagnostic businesses are nuanced, with issues that are unique to biomedical research, medicine and the disease itself, and they can be atypical or sometimes counter intuitive. There can be issues in product development and marketing that you don't come across elsewhere. These companies are not making car parts, they are not making furniture, shoes, the latest dolly that every little girl must have, food, beverages, or selling high tech watches and smart phones.

Early biotech start ups and those only a few years down the track, are not for the ordinary investor to be involved in. They require specialist knowledge, and are best left to professional investors who know what they are doing, or who can secure knowledgeable expertise that understands what the company is doing, how it's doing it and why, the competition, and also understand the biotech space, and can advise accordingly. Only people such as these are sufficiently qualified to judge whether the company is making the right kind of progress, in a timely manner, or not, and whether the overall strategy of the company and its product is likely to be succeed or not.

skid
04-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Believe it or not ,I think you are more likely to make a short term gain (from some announcement getting people excited about potential) than a gain in the long term which means they would actually have to be successful and make lots of money and for how long?

Balance
04-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Believe it or not ,I think you are more likely to make a short term gain (from some announcement getting people excited about potential) than a gain in the long term which means they would actually have to be successful and make lots of money and for how long?

You are spot on with your assessment, skid.

That's what the Masfens and the Chairman have done. Hence their decision not to participate in the last capital raising.

When the bass drops
04-03-2016, 10:54 AM
I know you probably don't have much patience anymore with these guys, but Balance, lets just wait and see.

trader_jackson
04-03-2016, 10:58 AM
I know you probably don't have much patience anymore with these guys, but Balance, lets just wait and see.

Please... you wonder why people who are close to the company don't bother posting anymore... they have given up educating people like Balance who have yet to give the company a true chance of commercialisation... they only just finished their sales team and somehow people like balance expect them to have sold millions of tests already, and make claims that the US is in trouble (but then they get VA approval??) and that any price increases (any at all) are only institutions window dressing, among other claims (generally unfounded or unrelated)

It is sad and I'll also say it again: Lets just wait and see (ETA: 1.5 years)

OldGuy
04-03-2016, 11:08 AM
TJ: While I may not always agree with the way that Balance presents his material, he/she is absolutely right. This company has failed to make commercial progress and is on the cusp of being surpassed in terms of product superiority. Once a major player can match/beat PEB's product, it will be total game over. We are 95% of the way there now IMHO.

I saw the writing on the wall a few months ago and sold out for a 6-figure loss. I'm really glad I did, though. Things simply aren't going to get better absent a significant and timely JV with a major player, which I simply cannot see happening.

Best of luck to those that still "believe"

skid
04-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Please... you wonder why people who are close to the company don't bother posting anymore... they have given up educating people like Balance who have yet to give the company a true chance of commercialisation... they only just finished their sales team and somehow people like balance expect them to have sold millions of tests already, and make claims that the US is in trouble (but then they get VA approval??) and that any price increases (any at all) are only institutions window dressing, among other claims (generally unfounded or unrelated)

We have no choice but to wait and see (unless something happens in the meantime) but everyone has a thought on the issue,nay?

PS-what do you mean 'those who are close to the company''--There were a few posters who I wondered if they werent VERY close to the company--now you've got me thinking again:)

kiwidollabill
04-03-2016, 11:13 AM
A bit of a wash up

Investors were sold the idea of a high growth company
Their actions and outcomes have not resulted in high growth
Now we talk about "wait and see", "its a med/long term hold"
See the problem....

skid
04-03-2016, 11:20 AM
TJ: While I may not always agree with the way that Balance presents his material, he/she is absolutely right. This company has failed to make commercial progress and is on the cusp of being surpassed in terms of product superiority. Once a major player can match/beat PEB's product, it will be total game over. We are 95% of the way there now IMHO.

I saw the writing on the wall a few months ago and sold out for a 6-figure loss. I'm really glad I did, though. Things simply aren't going to get better absent a significant and timely JV with a major player, which I simply cannot see happening.

Best of luck to those that still "believe"

its the one thing I always thought was their ace in the hole--''superior product'' but the clock IS ticking...and the ''superior product'' is in the urine testing field which has had a bit of a hit--now they have to convince that the mud shouldnt be sticking to this particular test.

Balance
04-03-2016, 11:34 AM

The reason why they don't post anymore is - THEY HAVE RUN OUT OF SPIN.

Recall one who used to write glowing optimistic detailed postings about PEB and deleting them as he went along. Now we know why.

winner69
04-03-2016, 11:49 AM
...........who have yet to give the company a true chance of commercialisation......

t_j - DD's definition of "successful commercialisation" is bring a product out of the lab into the market. Profit is not a consideration.

He has succeeded admirably in his quest with PEB - just as he did with other successful commercialisations. And shareholders have been rewarded well - the $100m pumped into the company is now worth $173m plus what cash they have left

So task completed - successfully commercialised and the future is really about funding the next discovery

Balance
04-03-2016, 11:53 AM
t_j - DD's definition of "successful commercialisation" is bring a product out of the lab into the market. Profit is not a consideration.

He has succeeded admirably in his quest with PEB - just as he did with other successful commercialisations. And shareholders have been rewarded well - the $100m pumped into the company is now worth $173m plus what cash they have left

So task completed - successfully commercialised and the future is really about funding the next discovery

Transfer of wealth has also occurred - from those who know little to those who know a lot. Eg. To the Masfens.

When the bass drops
04-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Balance, you make the Masfens sound like the Rothschilds or Rockefellors ... the 1%ers?

winner69
04-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Transfer of wealth has also occurred - from those who know little to those who know a lot. Eg. To the Masfens.

And I thought you were going to mention DD and Swan

Wouldn't surprise me if Hancocks (as an early investor) has taken heaps off the table as well.

Balance
04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
And I thought you were going to mention DD and Swan

Wouldn't surprise me if Hancocks (as an early investor) has taken heaps off the table as well.

Haha - I am too polite to mention the obvious!

Last I checked, Hancocks still has his 2.6m shares. Not sure what is his latest holdings.

Balance
04-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Balance, you make the Masfens sound like the Rothschilds or Rockefellors ... the 1%ers?

Well, they have made profits so far of $13.3m so far and they still have 7.965m shares worth $3.9m, on an initial investment of $2.5m.

They are certainly in the top 1% of NZers - the 40,000 of the 4m.

Balance
04-03-2016, 12:40 PM

Yup - read that too in 2013 and 2014 from the proponents of wait and see.

It is now 2016 and no 'tens of thousands of tests'.

Carpenterjoe
04-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing an announcement similar to this for the Cxbladder range, maybe next year.

http://m.mdxhealth.com/content/mdxhealth-announces-inclusion-confirmmdx-2016-nccn-guidelines-prostate-cancer-early

When the bass drops
04-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Hi All, at this point I would like to get a grapple on which category you all fall into, in relation to how upbeat or otherwise you are with the PEB prospects.
If you were to pigeon hole yourself, what would you be? You're welcome to indicate.
1. So very upbeat with PEB that you believe their $100m annual revenue target will be meet inside FY19, with first profitable year FY17. Expect price to go north of previous all time high of $1.72 and extend beyond $2 and then $3. You're probably a holder.
2. Very upbeat with PEB, though you believe $100m annual revenue target is likely to be reached by about FY21, with first profitable year FY18. Expect price to go north of previous all time high of $1.72 within 2-3 years. You may be a holder.
3. Upbeat of PEB, very confident of the company success but you consider their targets too ambitious. You pick it's likely to be 10's of millions ($) within 4-5 years after successful but slow penetration into US, with PEB still the best test on the market and good but not great market share. Share price moves up slowly but consistently
4. More confident of success than failure. Would like to see more updates from company to give you assurance. Small holder maybe.
5. Ambivalent about company success. No skin in the game.
6. More confident of failure than success. You're not at all confident about DD claims and doubtful about their sales strategy. Possibly a holder or ex holder.
7. Quite down on PEB potential success. You likely hold a view that DD is holding back a lot of significant things about where PEB truly are in their success timeline.
8. Very down on PEB that you think if there is success coming up, its likely to be more than a decade away after a cleanout of management and directorship. Possibly a holder but only a small exposure.
9. Very disillusioned and downbeat with PEB that you think their eventual chance of success is low i.e. 5-10%. Very likely not a holder.
10. So incredibly disillusioned with PEB that you think their eventual chance of success is zero. Definitely not a current holder, or bitter ex holder.

Joshuatree
04-03-2016, 07:36 PM
11 very happy that i made a motza when it spiked up all that time ago. Relieved not to be back in it.So complex,opaque that rightly or wrongly i smelt a rat and don't believe it will fly;and haven't looked for a long time. Will go on and on and management will do well. Disclose i gave up trying to understand PEB and think risk /reward is off the scale; way better opps elsewhere.Not knocking those who have done deep research and really do understand/ believe in the stock. But many supposedly/proven effective inventions sink without trace.

waddis
04-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Was 2 now maybe 4-5 (mainly due to heavy Balance effect) small holder 60000 shares average 53 and watched the $1.85 come and go. Got a few other Bio tech holdings so understand the long time frames......hope all does work out well to make a great Kiwi tail!!! well done Breakers

trader_jackson
04-03-2016, 10:10 PM
between 2 and 3 - small shareholder believing a NZ company can (and will) make it (reasonably) big on the world stage...

PEB up 18.75% this week, "that's an out performance 15.5 times better than the NZX 50 return!!" (note that similarity to balance's usually 'skewed' statements;)), anyway, no need to comment further

Disclosure: Although my average buy price is "quite high", my exposure as a percentage of my portfolio is 7% (and my portfolio, being young, is "relatively small")

Flashback Friday: I still remember the brokers laughing when XRO broke the $5 mark, and had ambitious plans to shake up the accounting world... (and this was only 3 and a half or so years ago) most of them back then didn't think it was worth a cent (literally!)

skid
05-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing an announcement similar to this for the Cxbladder range, maybe next year.

http://m.mdxhealth.com/content/mdxhealth-announces-inclusion-confirmmdx-2016-nccn-guidelines-prostate-cancer-early

You might find this interesting reading
http://mdxhealth.com/press-release/mdxhealth-analytical-validation-study-assuremdx-bladder-cancer-published-journal

PS-Learned some very valuable lessons reading the DIL thread from start to finish some time back--developed an exit strategy and used it with my 2 ventures into PEB---cut my losses the first time--exited with overall profit the second time.

Realized that regardless of the many varying FA opinions that its better to wait till they actually prove them selves with actual results and start an uptrend and jump on at that point losing initial profits but less chance of suffering losses (a small to medium profit is better than gambling a big loss against a larger profit)

Would like to see a kiwi company do well ,but not going to finance the fact that they may not--Have no illusions that the US market is not a very large complicated beast and is a level playing field.

Have owned other biotecs that have had the backing of big names and learned the importance of that.

Watch with interest......Guess thats category 13:)

skid
05-03-2016, 10:02 AM
between 2 and 3 - small shareholder believing a NZ company can (and will) make it (reasonably) big on the world stage...

PEB up 18.75% this week, "that's an out performance 15.5 times better than the NZX 50 return!!" (note that similarity to balance's usually 'skewed' statements;)), anyway, no need to comment further

Disclosure: Although my average buy price is "quite high", my exposure as a percentage of my portfolio is 7% (and my portfolio, being young, is "relatively small")

Flashback Friday: I still remember the brokers laughing when XRO broke the $5 mark, and had ambitious plans to shake up the accounting world... (and this was only 3 and a half or so years ago) most of them back then didn't think it was worth a cent (literally!)

I always smile when people play with stats...(all you had to do is pic this week out of he last how many?)
ok-I get things get skewed the opposite way as well (we have gotten well and truly skewed on this share):)

RGR367
05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Now that you asked, I'm at 9 with it. Been trying to understand PEB eversince too but the more I read about it and from all your exchanges here, PEB is just like those failed company of mine like CTL or Provenco or Genesis Research and heaven forbid, like Rakon. They all gave the hallmark of great announcements but producing no substance in the end. Not been saying much as I try not to butt in a forum where I hold no share on a company.

disc: do my investments mostly based on gut feel so what do I know really :p

Balance
05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
11 very happy that i made a motza when it spiked up all that time ago. Relieved not to be back in it.So complex,opaque that rightly or wrongly i smelt a rat and don't believe it will fly;and haven't looked for a long time. Will go on and on and management will do well. Disclose i gave up trying to understand PEB and think risk /reward is off the scale; way better opps elsewhere.Not knocking those who have done deep research and really do understand/ believe in the stock. But many supposedly/proven effective inventions sink without trace.

Tempted to join you as 11 but no, more like a 20.

Holding the company, its directors and management to account for the expectations they have built up out there with their comments about 'millions of test opportunities' and 'millions of patients' etc. They took tens of millions of investors' money (including some of mine) on the back of talking up expectations but are now unwilling to account for how they are really tracking against the expectations.

As I did with Pike River and NZOG.

Andrew
05-03-2016, 11:34 AM
You might find this interesting reading
http://mdxhealth.com/press-release/mdxhealth-analytical-validation-study-assuremdx-bladder-cancer-published-journal

PS-Learned some very valuable lessons reading the DIL thread from start to finish some time back--developed an exit strategy and used it with my 2 ventures into PEB---cut my losses the first time--exited with overall profit the second time.

Realized that regardless of the many varying FA opinions that its better to wait till they actually prove them selves with actual results and start an uptrend and jump on at that point losing initial profits but less chance of suffering losses (a small to medium profit is better than gambling a big loss against a larger profit)

Would like to see a kiwi company do well ,but not going to finance the fact that they may not--Have no illusions that the US market is not a very large complicated beast and is a level playing field.

Have owned other biotecs that have had the backing of big names and learned the importance of that.

Watch with interest......Guess thats category 13:)

I'm a 10 but was a 6, but have to agree with skid, any profit is good but when you get too greedy, and want it all, that's where you can come unstuck.

Snow Leopard
05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
http://assets.amuniversal.com/fed106c0233c012ea5cb00163e41dd5b

You can but me down as an 'amused non believer'.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Leftfield
05-03-2016, 03:33 PM
3 or 4 for me. I'm a long term holder of PEB at 7% of my portfolio (which includes a top up at the 38c mark so any red ink is minor.) - I like PEB's prospects but appreciate that it is a risky investment which doesn't meet Buffett or Ben Graham's criteria. This time last year I would have been saying the same about ATM and look what happened!

In the words of the mainland ad - 'Good things take time!'

Balance
06-03-2016, 09:15 AM
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/438262-workup

Here's why CxBladder will never be the runaway success that PEB articulated :

" At this time, however, no urinary assay has been shown to effectively replace urine cytology and cystoscopy, with or without biopsy, for the diagnosis of bladder cancer. Nevertheless, marker assays may be useful adjuncts to urine cytology and cystoscopy."

Urologists are not going to replace cytology and cystoscopy as the definitive tests for determining bladder cancer.

CxBladder may be 10% or 25% more accurate than other urine marker tests - it is but an adjunct like all the others.

Hence, PEB has to compete with the more established players and against those with extensive distribution and entrenched network.

Its funds will run out before the user test programs run out.

skid
06-03-2016, 09:17 AM
3 or 4 for me. I'm a long term holder of PEB at 7% of my portfolio (which includes a top up at the 38c mark so any red ink is minor.) - I like PEB's prospects but appreciate that it is a risky investment which doesn't meet Buffett or Ben Graham's criteria. This time last year I would have been saying the same about ATM and look what happened!

In the words of the mainland ad - 'Good things take time!'

ATM has come a long way indeed--so to discover why there is such a large difference in performance the logical things to research would be the difference between the product and management (what is the difference between a cancer test and a new kind of milk that is suppose to be much better for you in terms of sales potential)

Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones who is in the green or not to far in the red. speaking of luck,,maybe everyone will be lucky in the end----In the end its all about the odds of success--the long shots obviously have different odds.
Thats why many keep them a small percentage of the portfolio (like you,and I see TJ is the same 7%) (finally something we agree on TJ):)

winner69
06-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Hope it doesn't stay a constant 7% of your portfolio for long - either which way

winner69
06-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Hi when the bass drops

I'm a 25

Disclosure - I have directly contributed to where they are today. I gave them $20k cash a few years ago in a cap raising. Yes, real money as opposed buying somebody else's shares.

Great couple of trades with PEB. Like Joshua I made motza of dosh.

In saying all this I still reckon it's all a con of sorts. Good story to keep the hype going and that's all.

That's why from an investor/company point of view its a 25 on your scale.

But maybe one day another great trade and more motza of cash. That's why I still follow this thread - your excitement and enthusiasm is important.

Balance
06-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Hi when the bass stops

I'm a 25

Disclosure - I have directly contributed to where they are today. I gave them $20k cash a few years ago in a cap raising. Yes, real money as opposed buying somebody else's shares.

Great couple of trades with PEB. Like Joshua I made motza of dosh.

In saying all this I still reckon it's all a con of sorts. Good story to keep the hype going and that's all.

That's why from an investor/company point of view its a 25 on your scale.

But maybe one day another great trade and more motza of cash. That's why I still follow this thread - your excitement and enthusiasm is important.

The 9c placement, W69?

Same company as Hancocks, Masfens and Tindall?

Masfens sold their first 10m at 65c = $5.6m profit on $900,000.

Next 3.25m at $1.25 = $2.77m profit on $292,500.

Hope you made just as good - %tage wise.

Bing
06-03-2016, 07:33 PM
3 for me.
I think they will get there but it's going to take a lot longer than they thought.
They need to start putting out strong sales results now. That's the only story anyone is going to believe at this point.

janner
06-03-2016, 08:14 PM
3 for me.
I think they will get there but it's going to take a lot longer than they thought.
They need to start putting out strong sales results now. That's the only story anyone is going to believe at this point.

Pass the Tui ....

winner69
06-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Whatever happened to that melanoma prediction thing they discovered and got a patent in the UsA for.

When the bass drops
07-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Thanks to all for your response to my (1-10) grading question. Although it was far from scientific, I tried to provide a wide enough net so that you could all fit inside it. But boy, was I wrong - holy Jehoshaphat.

I have categorised you into three groupings (Category 1, Category 2, Category WHMWPE) ... its barely scientific still, and hardly quantitative, but I have found it to be a good tool to see where you are all at with this company.

A chocolate fish to those who can figure out what the WHMWPE means.

Although much of it is tongue-in-cheek, those who fall into Category WHMWPE suggest to me that you hold the following opinions (in no particular order):
* The problems with PEB (and likely potential failure) will lead to a nuclear war between NZ and US.
* Key PEB personnel will come out in a few years and reveal they are part of the Sicilian mafia
* Key PEB personnel will come out in a few years and reveal they are part of the illuminati, or are actual reptilians
* DD and the PEB crowd started in business with good intentions, but at some point in time their business became a con-job. At this time they knew they were conning us, but decided to continue to con us for as long as they could, even citing continual US hold-ups until 2025 or longer.
* Such is your disdain for these guys, you believe prison may be where they belong.

For the record, I'm a 3-4 based on my grading system. As high as a 2 a few months ago.

winner69
07-03-2016, 12:18 PM
when the bass drops -

* DD and the PEB crowd started in business with good intentions, but at some point in time their business became a con-job. At this time they knew they were conning us, but decided to continue to con us for as long as they could, even citing continual US hold-ups until 2025 or longer.

No, no bass - keeping the excitement up is making sure enough money to fund the next project.

You should try to do a correlation between your ratings/classifications and how how long the person has been 'interested' in PEB

I have a theory

Balance
07-03-2016, 02:45 PM
No, no bass - keeping the excitement up is making sure enough money to fund the next project.

You should try to do a correlation between your ratings/classifications and how how long the person has been 'interested' in PEB

I have a theory

There will be one glaring exception - Hancocks?

When the bass drops
07-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Still significant risks involved, but as long as they continue tracking towards milestones I'll be content.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/pacific-edge-contract-us-vets-positive-though-value-remains-be-seen-b-185851

BlackPeter
07-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Still significant risks involved, but as long as they continue tracking towards milestones I'll be content.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/pacific-edge-contract-us-vets-positive-though-value-remains-be-seen-b-185851

Are you kidding? You use the phrase "tracking to milestones" in the context of PEB? I suppose you mean these small, mobile and automated milestones which automagically move backwards with whatever outcome - do you? Otherwise - it might be educational to read this thread from the very beginning and just list the milestones they did hit on time (as per the original target) and below budget. Hint - you won't need a lot of space to record them ;).

trader_jackson
07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
What I find interesting is the differences in prices, 60c price target for First NZ, $1 for Forsyth... although either way both are outperform and believe the same thing: that Pacific Edge "can do it"... time will tell who/if they are right

winner69
07-03-2016, 06:43 PM
What I find interesting is the differences in prices, 60c price target for First NZ, $1 for Forsyth... although either way both are outperform and believe the same thing: that Pacific Edge "can do it"... time will tell who/if they are right

What I find interesting is that FNZC target is 60 cents and less than the last rights issue they were heavily involved in.

Balance
07-03-2016, 07:42 PM
What I find interesting is that FNZC target is 60 cents and less than the last rights issue they were heavily involved in.

As close to a house broker (the other being Forbar) putting a SELL on a stock as I have seen - especially when you read this :

"First NZ Capital said in a research note that the deal was a key contract for Pacific Edge, which still has to execute a sales strategy and encourage veterans to use its products".

Still to execute a sales strategy?

Well, these guys have been at it already for 3 years!!!!!!

The catch all marketing call goes out - MORE USER TEST PROGRAMS!

Balance
08-03-2016, 09:49 AM
From the last disclosure notice (9 Nov 2015) by FNZC :

"In the period from the last disclosure, as market of normal on-market trading First NZ Capital Securities Limited sold 9,511,121 PEB shares for aggregate consideration $5,056,605.75 and purchased 10,549,424 PEB shares for aggregate consideration $5,523,801.28. As a result of these transactions, First NZ Capital Securities Limited, has, at the date of this notice, a relevant interest in 1,430,534 (0.379%) PEB shares".

Massaging the share price to get the best profit outcome is another way of describing 'normal on-market trading'?

When the bass drops
08-03-2016, 09:52 AM
I said nothing about meeting things in a timely fashion. Ofcourse their timings are way out of whack. But I'm not of the belief that the company will go bust, which many of you strongly hint. It will be a slow grind.

winner69
08-03-2016, 10:39 AM
From the last disclosure notice (9 Nov 2015) by FNZC :

"In the period from the last disclosure, as market of normal on-market trading First NZ Capital Securities Limited sold 9,511,121 PEB shares for aggregate consideration $5,056,605.75 and purchased 10,549,424 PEB shares for aggregate consideration $5,523,801.28. As a result of these transactions, First NZ Capital Securities Limited, has, at the date of this notice, a relevant interest in 1,430,534 (0.379%) PEB shares".

Massaging the share price to get the best profit outcome is another way of describing 'normal on-market trading'?

That's a lot of churn eh Balance

Least this time average sell price is higher than average buy - sell $0.532 v buy $0.524

Hard work for them isn't it - not really productive is it.

winner69
08-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I said nothing about meeting things in a timely fashion. Ofcourse their timings are way out of whack. But I'm not of the belief that the company will go bust, which many of you strongly hint. It will be a slow grind.

Slow grinds usually ends in tears

But be strong bass, and keep the faith

OldGuy
08-03-2016, 10:46 AM
WTBD: I can't figure it out. Are you an elaborate troll, or completely ignorant of PEB's continual commercial failings???

Either way, very amusing.....

When the bass drops
08-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Well OldGuy, in your dotage, I'm glad I can add to your amusement.

Balance
08-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Slow grinds usually ends in tears

But be strong bass, and keep the faith

In other words, death bu a thousand cuts.

Mostly on the bodily persons of shareholders!

When the bass drops
08-03-2016, 10:56 AM
I can assure you I'm not Balance, but that's given me a good laugh. :laugh:

Balance
08-03-2016, 12:15 PM
I can assure you I'm not Balance, but that's given me a good laugh. :laugh:

And rest assured you never can be. :D

When the bass drops
08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Haha Balance, bravo. Now our precious PEB thread has become a stand up routine. hehe :D

skid
08-03-2016, 12:55 PM

I dont believe any company will go bust as long as they can pull off capital raisings--They pulled off the last one, so as long as the dosh lasts or they turn things around they will not go bust--..Thats good for employees and management---the Owners(shareholders) jurys still out on that one....feel better?

When the bass drops
08-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Feeling better Category 3 skid, tears aren't flowing now. :p Category 3 Balance's clever comments set me aback, but I've since composed myself.

Carpenterjoe
08-03-2016, 08:57 PM
A bit more reading for the Sharetrader family,

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02700659?term=cxbladder&rank=1

This seems to be for Cxbladder Monitoring due to end dec16, results published 6 months after trail completion, involving 1050 poor sods with bc.

Enjoy

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Not the key US market, but any new commercial agreement is welcome

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/279007

goldfish
09-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Didn't they sign up for trials with them years ago. I thought this was a 2 year old announcement when I first saw it.
Can't even sell into the local market after all these years.

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 10:28 AM
All the targets are hard to convince .. it doesn't matter if they're in NZ or abroad

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Facts:
This is Triage.
Launched in NZ mid 2015
To replace cytology in the clinical pathway of CDHB on successful completion of 200 patient trial.
As an adjunct to cystoscopy.

Opinion:
A massive step in the right direction

Bing
09-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Good news. Funny how the last 2 announcements are not price sensitive but the share price jumps.

skid
09-03-2016, 11:14 AM
i dont get the 200 tests bit--whats the population of Canterbury and what percentage will need a bladder cancer test? (eg how much time before this potential agreement happens and is it for sure?)

WTBD--you can see how it at least seems like a long line of teasers--the mystery just seems to deepen---It seems a good thing..certainly not a bad thing..but how long will it actually be in the end before they actually come up with a solid agreement on their minuscule home turf.

they will replace cytology with CX (or triage ..sorry miner)in a small part of NZ ...if..(200 tests)

In some ways it seems like a step in the right direction(massive?) and in others it just shows what a massive job is ahead of them

BigBob
09-03-2016, 11:29 AM
i dont get the 200 tests bit--whats the population of Canterbury and what percentage will need a bladder cancer test? (eg how much time before this potential agreement happens and is it for sure?)

WTBD--you can see how it at least seems like a long line of teasers--the mystery just seems to deepen---It seems a good thing..certainly not a bad thing..but how long will it actually be in the end before they actually come up with a solid agreement on their minuscule home turf.

they will replace cytology with CX (or triage ..sorry miner)in a small part of NZ ...if..(200 tests)

In some ways it seems like a step in the right direction(massive?) and in others it just shows what a massive job is ahead of them

Isn't the key message here that if CX can replace cytology in the clinical pathway for one (major) healthcare provider, it illustrates the potential for doing so in other settings, both Domestic and offshore...?

Agreed, that the 200 tests bit is somewhat confusing....

Bing
09-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Provided that the first 200 tests perform as expected then the agreement will be in force. If not then they will have an out clause.

Balance
09-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Facts:
This is Triage.
Launched in NZ mid 2015
To replace cytology in the clinical pathway of CDHB on successful completion of 200 patient trial.
As an adjunct to cystoscopy.

Opinion:
A massive step in the right direction

Good step in the right direction but as per usual with PEB, watch for the fish hooks.

BigBob
09-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Good step in the right direction but as per usual with PEB, watch for the fish hooks.

Whoah... The announcement must be even better than I thought since I detect a slight bit of positivity from Balance...

That's pretty much unheard of... !

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 12:46 PM
Isn't the key message here that if CX can replace cytology in the clinical pathway for one (major) healthcare provider, it illustrates the potential for doing so in other settings, both Domestic and offshore.... Especially in the recently announced VA and DOD settings in the US where veterans and defence forces are exposed to bladder cancer causing carcinogens during deployment, exercises and sometimes warfare.

skid
09-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Isn't the key message here that if CX can replace cytology in the clinical pathway for one (major) healthcare provider, it illustrates the potential for doing so in other settings, both Domestic and offshore...?

Agreed, that the 200 tests bit is somewhat confusing....

They dont seem to use things like that as precedents in the medical world (confusing as it seems) IMO for the big market it will come down to US trials and a whole different set of guidelines and interests.

trader_jackson
09-03-2016, 01:47 PM
One of many places were trials (or some sort of evaluation) has moved to commercialization (ie revenue), market has confirmed they like this as well and I look forward to seeing this happening more (unsurprising to long term holders of course)

skid
09-03-2016, 03:00 PM
One of many places were trials (or some sort of evaluation) has moved to commercialization (ie revenue), market has confirmed they like this as well and I look forward to seeing this happening more (unsurprising to long term holders of course)

Not quite right TJ--still 200 tests to go---from an article I was reading they got through 107 tests since 2012(but the article wasnt dated so Im not sure it was just published.

But its not surprising a growth,speculative share is going to react like this--your revenue is still a ways away(providing the 200 tests pan out)

Leftfield
09-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Not quite right TJ--still 200 tests to go---from an article I was reading they got through 107 tests since 2012(but the article wasnt dated so Im not sure it was just published.

Skid, my rough figs indicate 908 tests in 2014 (DYOR) .... however since then the number of tests is not divulged, instead they talk about the rate of increase in test numbers as per the attached. 7927

Current test numbers are seemingly at least 6 x's what they were in 2014. That said, as 'knockers' point out, they are giving many tests away in order to build credibility and sales. That said, revenues seem to be increasing by similar percentage points.

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 05:33 PM

But its not surprising a growth,speculative share is going to react like this--your revenue is still a ways away(providing the 200 tests pan out)
Facts:
PEB has announced a commercial deal with CDHB.
Commercial deal means" we provide, you pay"
That means revenue.
It is with cxTriage.
Triage tells you when you dont have bladder cancer.
Detect tells you when you do.
The agreement is for one year.
CDHB will have some idea of how many patients present with haematuria annually.
From this point they will all be assessed using cxbladder triage
At 200 an audit will be done.
This will assess the cost advantages and results.
A positive outcome will see cxbladder being utilised in the clinical pathway at CDHB as a replacement for 50 year old cytology.

Opinion:
This is one of PEBs main objectives.
To eliminate unnecessary and expensive workups and cystoscopy by getting the 80% presenting with haematuria who dont have bladder cancer into the correct clinical path for the problem they do have.
And getting those that do indicate BC to be verified by cystoscopy.
Think of the savings doing 80% less cystoscopies

First in the world apparently, jolly good effort if correct.

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 05:52 PM
MBJ, talking a lot of sense. Beware of the eventual comments from the likes of Balance, PaperTiger, Joshuatree, Winner 69 and OldGuy who will no doubt pull you up on a lot of your points.

Consider yourself a Category One on my 1-10 grading system from the other day.

The CDHB commercial deal is a positive step for Pacific Edge, though there is still plenty to get over the line with the key US market. The PEB journey could still go kaput if they can't get cut-through in America, that's the harsh reality. So I remain cautiously optimistic.

skid
09-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Skid, my rough figs indicate 908 tests in 2014 (DYOR) .... however since then the number of tests is not divulged, instead they talk about the rate of increase in test numbers as per the attached. 7927

Current test numbers are seemingly at least 6 x's what they were in 2014. That said, as 'knockers' point out, they are giving many tests away in order to build credibility and sales. That said, revenues seem to be increasing by similar percentage points.

I think we are talking about diffenet things L F--I was referring to tests by Canterbury(not total tests by PEB) to try to get a handle on how long before they got through 200 tests which is the only way things could move forward on this goal they are attempting.

MBJ--Yes it does appear they are buying the 200 tests

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 06:42 PM
I think we are talking about diffenet things L F--I was referring to tests by Canterbury(not total tests by PEB) to try to get a handle on how long before they got through 200 tests which is the only way things could move forward on this goal they are attempting.

MBJ--Yes it does appear they are buying the 200 tests
Facts:
The tests by Canterbury would have been up to this point largely with Detect.
Some tests with Detect will continue to establish if a patient has bladder cancer.
The proposed tests of Triage will indicate if a patient does not have bladder cancer.

Opinion.
Trying to establish parameters for Triage by using data for Detect seems an unlikely proposition given the different outcomes.
What should be perhaps taken into account is that cxbladder can do both and more.

trader_jackson
09-03-2016, 06:45 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/77710887/alternative-test-for-bladder-cancer-spares-patients-pencilwide-tube-into-penis

Good press (I'm sure there are several other articles as well( no doubt will be raising eyebrows, at least around the rest of New Zealand.

I am waiting for Balance to jump in and continue "playing the drum of pessimism" as hard as possible

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 07:05 PM
TJ, agreed on some posters like Balance. I actually can see where Balance is coming from, as he has followed PEB for a long time, but being downbeat about a stocks prospects is one thing, AND THEN there is being toxic cynical about a stocks prospects even in the midst of good news. A person who is toxically cynical might have good grounds to believe what they believe, but such a person can often look at a positive announcement and pick holes in it until its Swiss cheese. I've seen quite reasonably balanced arguments from skid in the last while, so I'm thinking of putting him in my Category 2 group.

RTM
09-03-2016, 07:17 PM
This is great news. However, what concerns me is that they have only just managed to persuade a group just down the road to start using their test. Really really disappointing it has taken this long on their home patch. If it took this long in NZ....then how long will it take in USA etc ?????

I am holding a few and will continue to...however really need to see much better progress in the USA etc otherwise they will be overrun by competing companies and better technologies.

Pleased I have not bet my house on this one.
Watching with interest.

RTM

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I think the NZ groups are almost as difficult to persuade as the US groups.

Hectorplains
09-03-2016, 07:30 PM
TJ, agreed on some posters like Balance. I actually can see where Balance is coming from, as he has followed PEB for a long time, but being downbeat about a stocks prospects is one thing, AND THEN there is being toxic cynical about a stocks prospects even in the midst of good news. A person who is toxically cynical might have good grounds to believe what they believe, but such a person can often look at a positive announcement and pick holes in it until its Swiss cheese. I've seen quite reasonably balanced arguments from skid in the last while, so I'm thinking of putting him in my Category 2 group.

Had to check the URL. Thought I was on Hot Copper...

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 07:31 PM
eh? ........

Hectorplains
09-03-2016, 07:40 PM
eh? ........

Try your post #14384 and 14388. You're questioning the motivation, not directly addressing the message. If Balance has reduced your ramping to "swiss cheese" that's not a reflection on his character, more the weakness of your viewpoint.

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 07:50 PM
This is great news. However, what concerns me is that they have only just managed to persuade a group just down the road to start using their test. Really really disappointing it has taken this long on their home patch. If it took this long in NZ....then how long will it take in USA etc ?????

I am holding a few and will continue to...however really need to see much better progress in the USA etc otherwise they will be overrun by competing companies and better technologies.

Pleased I have not bet my house on this one.
Watching with interest.

RTM
Fact:
Triage was launched in NZ mid 2015.
Launched means it became commercially available here.
US CLIA approval for Triage was granted to the Dunedin Lab late 2015.
This means that any Triage tests emanating from the US will be done here.

Opinion:
We await the CLIA approval for the US Lab and the full launch of Triage in the US.
There could be a spinoff to the Aus Market via Tolmar and Asia through Tan Tock Seng in Singapore from this latest announcement.
I doubt it would be ignored.

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 07:58 PM
thanks for that Hectorplains,, I would be keen also to hear your viewpoint on the latest PEB announcements ... probably no prize for guessing what side of the fence you sit.

Snow Leopard
09-03-2016, 07:59 PM
...Beware of the eventual comments from the likes of Balance, PaperTiger....

I hope that you realize that your chances of getting a Christmas Card from me are now absolutely ZERO.

Minerbarejet's interpretation of the Facts:
PEB has announced a commercial deal with CDHB. - Correct
Commercial deal means" we provide, you pay" - Probably Correct
That means revenue. - Probably Correct but Profitable?
It is with cxTriage. - Correct
Triage tells you when you dont have bladder cancer. - It is not definitive
Detect tells you when you do. - It is not definitive
The agreement is for one year. - Correct
CDHB will have some idea of how many patients present with haematuria annually. - Hopefully Correct
From this point they will all be assessed using cxbladder triage - There is some ambiguity as to the 'All'
At 200 an audit will be done. - Correct
This will assess the cost advantages and results. - Not specified in announcement
A positive outcome will see cxbladder being utilised in the clinical pathway at CDHB as a replacement for 50 year old cytology. - Happy Birthday to you, Happy...

Minerbarejet's Opinion:
To eliminate unnecessary and expensive workups and cystoscopy by getting the 80% presenting with haematuria who dont have bladder cancer into the correct clinical path for the problem they do have.
Think of the savings doing 80% less cystoscopies.
- You have no idea what subsequently happens to those who pass the Triage test

Hopefully this will work out well.

Best Wishes, as always
Paper Tiger

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your Swiss cheese Paper Tiger, yum yum .. or is it bree or camembert?

Hectorplains
09-03-2016, 08:06 PM
thanks for that Hectorplains,, I would be keen also to hear your viewpoint on the latest PEB announcements ... probably no prize for guessing what side of the fence you sit.

Now it's Ad hominem circumstantial - that I'm only calling you out on your posting as I am part what you perceive as some anti PEB front.

Hectorplains
09-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Thanks for your Swiss cheese Paper Tiger, yum yum .. or is it bree or camembert?

...both are of French origin.

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Ok mate, that's all good. No problems with that. I'll put you in Category WHMWPE on my scale.

When the bass drops
09-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Both are nice on crackers. A bit of blue cheese floats my boat too.

Carpenterjoe
09-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Good news, not massive dollars USA still remains the real market. But to have a small individual health board change their own pathways or guide lines is pretty impressive. They could have waited for major guide lines to change and then implement those changes. Well done CDHB for keeping up with the times and adopting a new diagnostic pathway.

trader_jackson
09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Good news, not massive dollars USA still remains the real market. But to have a small individual health board change their own pathways or guide lines is pretty impressive. They could have waited for major guide lines to change and then implement those changes. Well done CDHB for keeping up with the times and adopting a new diagnostic pathway.

Yup, no surprise, the science gives it pretty good backing, March 2016 (+ Monday 29 February) has been a very interesting month so far... looks like it is shaping up to be a very interesting year, which is what I (and several others) have been expecting/anticipating :t_up:

Minerbarejet
09-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I hope that you realize that your chances of getting a Christmas Card from me are now absolutely ZERO.

Minerbarejet's interpretation of the Facts:
PEB has announced a commercial deal with CDHB. - Correct
Commercial deal means" we provide, you pay" - Probably Correct
That means revenue. - Probably Correct but Profitable?
It is with cxTriage. - Correct
Triage tells you when you dont have bladder cancer. - It is not definitive
Detect tells you when you do. - It is not definitive
The agreement is for one year. - Correct
CDHB will have some idea of how many patients present with haematuria annually. - Hopefully Correct
From this point they will all be assessed using cxbladder triage - There is some ambiguity as to the 'All'
At 200 an audit will be done. - Correct
This will assess the cost advantages and results. - Not specified in announcement
A positive outcome will see cxbladder being utilised in the clinical pathway at CDHB as a replacement for 50 year old cytology. - Happy Birthday to you, Happy...

Minerbarejet's Opinion:
Think of the savings doing 80% less cystoscopies.
- You have no idea what subsequently happens to those who pass the Triage test

Hopefully this will work out well.

Best Wishes, as always
Paper Tiger
Triage has a 97% NPV
Detect needs rephrasing.
Detect will on a graduated scale indicate the degree of likelihood of having BC .
An audit assesses costs and results. It is only a minor step to comparison.
Opinion: Would suggest that those in line for a possible cystoscopy would immediately have reduced blood pressure, less stress , resumption of normal aspiration on learning of passing a triage test for starters.
Good here innit.:)

Snow Leopard
10-03-2016, 01:44 AM
Triage has a 97% NPV
Good here innit.:)

Negative Predicative Value (NPV) is dependent upon the Sensitivity and Specificity of the Test and the incidence of bladder cancer in those tested

If you want to run with your figures of 97.0% NPV with an incidence of 20.0% then:

25.8% will 'fail' the Triage test;

31.0% of those 'fails' will not have cancer;

3.0% of those who 'pass' the test will actually have cancer --
This is 11.0% of all those who take the test and have cancer.

Apart from the one year term and pricing the main thrust of the commercial agreement will be probably be around the precise definition of the audit of the 200 test and what constitutes 'success'.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
10-03-2016, 01:57 AM

The are many types of 'Swiss cheese'. Camberbert is definitely a cheese and bree is definitely not a cheese.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Minerbarejet
10-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Negative Predicative Value (NPV) is dependent upon the Sensitivity and Specificity of the Test and the incidence of bladder cancer in those tested

If you want to run with your figures of 97.0% NPV with an incidence of 20.0% then:

25.8% will 'fail' the Triage test;

31.0% of those 'fails' will not have cancer;

3.0% of those who 'pass' the test will actually have cancer --
This is 11.0% of all those who take the test and have cancer.

Apart from the one year term and pricing the main thrust of the commercial agreement will be probably be around the precise definition of the audit of the 200 test and what constitutes 'success'.

Best Wishes
Paper TigerAll this suggests is that the incidence for this particular group of 200 is at 20%. Due to the unknown variables of each patient the incidence may be higher or lower.

Agree bree is not a cheese, dont think camberbert is either.

skid
10-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Yup, no surprise, the science gives it pretty good backing, March 2016 (+ Monday 29 February) has been a very interesting month so far... looks like it is shaping up to be a very interesting year, which is what I (and several others) have been expecting/anticipating :t_up:

Ahh..the wonders of youth....(what happened to the ''lets wait 2 years'')

trader_jackson
10-03-2016, 09:06 AM

That was 6 months ago, I move with the times ;)

jonu
10-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Agree bree is not a cheese, dont think camberbert is either.

You never know with the Tiger. If he wasn't a Tiger I'd have said his sense of humour was waspish. Neither change their stripes!

Balance
10-03-2016, 09:29 AM

Haha - you got him (and them) well and proper.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Except PEBers do fool themselves all of the time, it seems?

Love it! :D

Bing
10-03-2016, 09:44 AM
From the National Health Committee (NZ) paper "Tier 3: The effectiveness of urinary biomarker genotypes (Cxbladder Detect) in the investigation of haematuria in Primary Care"

Cxbladder Detect had an overall sensitivity of 82% and specificity of 85%; with 100% sensitivity for stages T1‒T3 disease, the more advanced stages and for CIS; and 68% sensitivity for stage Ta (56% of cases).

Implications of non-detected cancer
There is no known data on the risk of disease progression for people with missed diagnoses, but we
can extrapolate from data on patients who have been diagnosed, staged and treated. Studies of
treated patients show that several factors affect disease recurrence and progression to invasive
bladder disease, including grade and stage of disease and number of tumours. Risk of progression
is:

0.2% after a year for lowest risk patients, including those with low grade disease and
stage Ta;
about 1% at 12 months post-treatment for those with carcinoma in-situ;
9% risk of progression to invasive disease at five years for patients with Ta or T1 disease
without CIS treated solely with TURBT;
between 7 and 40% at 5 years for patients with Ta or T1 disease with CIS.

These data suggest that, in low risk disease, a delay of a few months would probably not be
associated with disease progression to a state where treatment options are fundamentally changed.

However the impact on clinical outcomes of a delay, of for example a number of months, in
diagnosis of bladder cancer should also be considered in the context of current practice. Time to
diagnosis includes the time from presentation in primary care, through initial investigation, referral
to secondary care and waiting time until the specialist assessment. If the introduction of an
alternative diagnostic pathway reduced the overall time to diagnosis, a delay of some months for a
subset of patients may not make a significant difference from the status quo.

The non-detection and consequent delay in diagnosis of patients with higher stage disease is
associated with greater risk of progression to a disease stage that affects treatment options and
outcomes.

Summary (mine) : cxBladder has a 100% sensitivity for the high risk patients that need urgent care. It doesn't pick up all the low risk patients in the early stages but then it is likely they would not be picked up by current tests anyway so is no worse than the status quo.

Balance
10-03-2016, 09:47 AM
That was 6 months ago, I move with the times ;)

I make Nov to now being 3mths plus 20 days.

PEB time makes that into 6 months?

trader_jackson
10-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I make Nov to now being 3mths plus 20 days.

PEB time makes that into 6 months?

I thought I had said 2 years before November, but possibly not as can't remember the exact day, hour, minute and second I made that statement... I was approximating... I suppose, like PEB, I can be a few months off track, but still on track ;)

Balance
10-03-2016, 10:01 AM
I thought I had said 2 years before November, but possibly not as can't remember the exact day, hour, minute and second I made that statement... I was approximating... I suppose, like PEB, I can be a few months off track, but still on track ;)

Relax TJ - just pulling your leg.

We all understand PEB's measurement of time - even Einstein will be impressed about its flexibility and how PEB gets caught in space warps!

kiwidollabill
10-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Stats is helpful, but need to be careful with interpretation....

PT made some good comments earlier on.

Anyone weighing into the discussion should make themselves familiar with confusion matrices and calculated parameters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confusion_matrix

Minerbarejet
10-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Haha - you got him (and them) well and proper.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Except PEBers do fool themselves all of the time, it seems?

Do we assume you dont have sufficient PEB shares yet? :)

When the bass drops
10-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Do we assume you dont have sufficient PEB shares yet? :)

MBJ, I think we should just ignore Balance for the time being. His comments are bordering septic. I don't deny significant risks still exist with PEB, but as far as Balance is concerned they are the Antichrist. He is firmly in the Category WHMWPE grouping.

Andrew
10-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Sell on a good announcement and buy on a bad announcement. Both will be coming thick and strong over the next twelve months, as well as the excuses. Hold on the latter.

When the bass drops
10-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Sell on a good announcement and buy on a bad announcement. Both will be coming thick and strong over the next twelve months, as well as the excuses. Hold on the latter.

We'll know in the passage of time. I don't deny there will likely be some delays with things, whereas others will get done. The share price won't do a heck of a lot until the actual test numbers are released.

trader_jackson
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Interesting to see a large increase in buyers, heavy volume, combined with little increases in sellers, but of course this is all just window dressing, right balance? (like any share price jump in PEB these days)

Balance
10-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Interesting to see a large increase in buyers, heavy volume, combined with little increases in sellers, but of course this is all just window dressing, right balance? (like any share price jump in PEB these days)

You got it - someone (we know who) will be having the time of their lives. Too easy.

Watch how there's a 100k or more to buy always a few cents below the market? And as the sp falls back, mysteriously the 100k moves backl as well.

It's called herding the sheep (in financial market lingo).

I LOVE it! :D

golden city
10-03-2016, 04:41 PM
On the right move

Balance
10-03-2016, 04:53 PM
On the right move

You have been very quiet, GC.

Most unlike you.

Still in there?

golden city
10-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Yes quietly adding into gear

golden city
10-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Mature enough to control my investment direction now. Doing good

golden city
10-03-2016, 05:26 PM
No need to talk up. Time will justify your decision moves

golden city
10-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Doing big move into Peb and wyn

skid
10-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Cmon guys--You should be high fiveing and even getting a bit cheeky(I know you have'nt had much practice)but finally a ray of hope,or hype,or whatever....you should be celebrating..:)

winner69
10-03-2016, 05:39 PM
FNZC target of 60 cents already met, even though probably a target for a years time

They better put out another version with a higher target or else compelled to take away the OUTPERFORM rating and change it to HOLD

Forbar prob right on the button with their $1 target

jonu
10-03-2016, 05:43 PM
FNZC target of 60 cents already met, even though probably a target for a years time

They better put out another version with a higher target or else compelled to take away the OUTPERFORM rating and change it to HOLD

Did you hit the drinks trolley early Winner? I believe it closed at 57.

golden city
10-03-2016, 05:45 PM
I am targeting at least 65 in short term with another big announcement comming soon 1 dollar is realstic

Minerbarejet
10-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Well, will you look at that, - it closed at .57. Looks like "we know who" has been" herding the sheep " again.
As you seem to know all about market manipulation, Balance, shall I put your name forward to the FMA as the person to consult for guidance in this matter.

Baa_Baa
10-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Well, will you look at that, - it closed at .57. Looks like "we know who" has been" herding the sheep " again.
As you seem to know all about market manipulation, Balance, shall I put your name forward to the FMA as the person to consult for guidance in this matter.

The fox in the henhouse?

pierre
10-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I am targeting at least 65 in short term with another big announcement comming soon 1 dollar is realistic

How distressing and alarming the recent news about local use of a PEB product, followed by a rise in the SP, and now this ludicrous speculation about the future value of the company, must be for one of the obsessive and clearly unBALANCEd posters on this thread?

Surely, his superior knowledge of all the shenanigans going on within the company, the unprincipled manipulation of its SP, the unbelievably dreadful quality of the management and Board, their poor performance in every respect, and the inevitable consequence that the business will fail ever to achieve any of its goals and objectives in any time frame whatsoever and his magnanimity in making this data available to us all in such an unbiased manner and so frequently, should be genuinely appreciated by us all.

Equally,his unrelenting and perspicacious guidance should be a beacon to light the way to be followed religiously by every current or potential investor in PEB and by every current and potential user of its technology?

How on earth can a NZ DHB possibly justify its decision to use a PEB product to assist its patients when our prolific poster clearly knows without a shadow of doubt that this will all end in tears, and utter and complete disaster will befall everyone associated with the project? Why, oh why did they get involved in this hare-brained scheme, when they could simply have contacted our manic mate and found out the error of their ways before it was too late? How sad for the NZ health system and for all of us poor taxpayers who are being dragged unwillingly into funding yet another "unfortunate experiment"!

Unlike our friend, and to borrow a phrase from a famous TV show: "Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once." The company is doomed, flee for the hills, sell while you can and trust in the enlightenment of our guru.

Or not!

Au revoir
Pierre

Balance
10-03-2016, 06:59 PM
No need to talk up. Time will justify your decision moves

Wow!

Not like you at all!

You sure you are ok? Genuinely concerned

Not :D

golden city
10-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes balance. Very busy doing up my lifestyle block my friend down karaka.

golden city
10-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Spent all my profit from share market last year for a lifestyle block

Snow Leopard
10-03-2016, 10:43 PM
So now we have a company with a market cap of $215M @ $0.57 and speculation of reaching $377M @ $1.00.

Two days ago the share price was $0.48 and the company was 'worth' $181M.

Apparently it is beneficial to your health & happiness to daydream about good things.

So dream on and dream large.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

PS: I have some new real world numbers that you would have no interest in.

Minerbarejet
11-03-2016, 04:33 AM
So now we have a company with a market cap of $215M @ $0.57 and speculation of reaching $377M @ $1.00.

Apparently it is beneficial to your health & happiness to daydream about good things.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Good to see your calculator is working properly at the moment. Bodes well for the future in case you have time for financial projections.
By the way I have bad news. This is not the real world, its a pixellated version of a parallel universe, electronically operated by anonymous beings. Real world numbers will not work here.

trader_jackson
11-03-2016, 05:12 AM

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

One could always argue that at 0.48 per share the market was completely under pricing it and that it was due for a sustainability rise?

dodgy
11-03-2016, 05:26 AM
One could always argue that at 0.48 per share the market was completely under pricing it and that it was due for a sustainability rise?

General comment applicable to all predictions.

One could also argue "the world is flat".
Ask Christopher Columbus.
Regards
-dodgy

biker
11-03-2016, 08:18 AM
How distressing and alarming the recent news about local use of a PEB product, followed by a rise in the SP, and now this ludicrous speculation about the future value of the company, must be for one of the obsessive and clearly unBALANCEd posters on this thread?

Surely, his superior knowledge of all the shenanigans going on within the company, the unprincipled manipulation of its SP, the unbelievably dreadful quality of the management and Board, their poor performance in every respect, and the inevitable consequence that the business will fail ever to achieve any of its goals and objectives in any time frame whatsoever and his magnanimity in making this data available to us all in such an unbiased manner and so frequently, should be genuinely appreciated by us all.

Equally,his unrelenting and perspicacious guidance should be a beacon to light the way to be followed religiously by every current or potential investor in PEB and by every current and potential user of its technology?

How on earth can a NZ DHB possibly justify its decision to use a PEB product to assist its patients when our prolific poster clearly knows without a shadow of doubt that this will all end in tears, and utter and complete disaster will befall everyone associated with the project? Why, oh why did they get involved in this hare-brained scheme, when they could simply have contacted our manic mate and found out the error of their ways before it was too late? How sad for the NZ health system and for all of us poor taxpayers who are being dragged unwillingly into funding yet another "unfortunate experiment"!

Unlike our friend, and to borrow a phrase from a famous TV show: "Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once." The company is doomed, flee for the hills, sell while you can and trust in the enlightenment of our guru.

Or not!

Au revoir
Pierre

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” (Isaac Asimov)

pierre
11-03-2016, 08:46 AM
“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” (Isaac Asimov)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We just don't need it inflicted upon us ad nauseam.

Leftfield
11-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We just don't need it inflicted upon us ad nauseam.

Enjoyed your post Pierre! Thank you.

Balance
11-03-2016, 09:03 AM

Ok if it comes from PEB, right?

Millions of tests
Opportunities
Capital raisings to fund growth and this will be the last one
More user programs
Excited
Excitement
Exciting
Etc
etc
etc

Andrew
11-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble. When it bursts look out.

trader_jackson
11-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble. When it bursts look out.

Yes that happened about 2 years ago, still a while to go before we hit the $1.70 mark

Leftfield
11-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Ok if it comes from PEB, right?

Millions of tests
Opportunities
Capital raisings to fund growth and this will be the last one
More user programs
Excited
Excitement
Exciting
Etc
etc
etc

Yes just like IQE which you certain balanced investers are pumping (in the nicest way possible)

Balance
11-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Yes just like IQE which you certain balanced investers are pumping (in the nicest way possible)

Eh - IQE has been inflicting the market with the repetitive rah rah like PEB?

Exciting excitement as they get excited with millions of opportunities with teaching (user) programs, new market opportunities etc etc?

When the bass drops
11-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Saw DD today talking to someone I know, with a smile on his face.

On another note, Jarryd Hayne ate food today. Quick, someone write up a story dammit!

Balance
11-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Saw DD today talking to someone I know, with a smile on his face.

He has just booked his flight to the States via the UK?

Gotto get the test programs going in Eurozone going, see?

When the bass drops
11-03-2016, 03:20 PM
He has just booked his flight to the States via the UK?

Gotto get the test programs going in Eurozone going, see?

Not sure Balance. I'm not privy to his itinerary. Ask his PA.

Andrew
11-03-2016, 06:41 PM
He's smiling because with every cent the shareprice goes up, he holds onto his job for another couple of months. Probably justifies his family and him exploring new markets at perhaps "the Maldives" "Bali" "Mentawi Islands" "Canary Islands" Very high incidence of Bladder cancer at these places. You think I am joking, just watch this space for the next announcement. PEB will probably pay out money for these countries to adopt their test just to make another announcement. I should really change my avatar to "Inside Trader"

For those of you that are really worried about their gamble in PEB, note that these ramblings are as ficticious as the company profits.

trader_jackson
11-03-2016, 07:08 PM
He's smiling because with every cent the shareprice goes up, he holds onto his job for another couple of months.

He would have had a terrible past year then... he's probably smiling because he knows its only a matter of time (like VA) till the next big deal is secured (that timing likely to be sooner rather than later, in my view)

Minerbarejet
11-03-2016, 07:16 PM
With your 45 postings in 16 years it would seem that 2016s quota has been exceeded already.
Go for it Andrew, knock yourself out, as they say. We will be looking forward to some more in depth revelations at some stage.

Hectorplains
11-03-2016, 08:21 PM
He would have had a terrible past year then... he's probably smiling because he knows its only a matter of time (like VA) till the next big deal is secured (that timing likely to be sooner rather than later, in my view)

Okay, I'll bite. "Only a matter of time" and "sooner rather than later" what are you basing this on? Where do you see this coming from. Why is it imminent? What is the information available to make this call?

Hectorplains
11-03-2016, 08:26 PM
With your 45 postings in 16 years it would seem that 2016s quota has been exceeded already.
Go for it Andrew, knock yourself out, as they say. We will be looking forward to some more in depth revelations at some stage.

I'd take 46 considered posts over a tsunami of diarrhea. Anyway, keep playing the man and not the ball...:t_down:

Longhaul
11-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Seems people have not learned to refrain from feeding trolls. The absolute worst thing for a troll is to be ignored. Try it.

Minerbarejet
11-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Okay, I'll bite. "Only a matter of time" and "sooner rather than later" what are you basing this on? Where do you see this coming from. Why is it imminent? What is the information available to make this call?
Try reading this thread from the start. Catch you later.
Much later.

Snow Leopard
11-03-2016, 11:18 PM
I will have to confess. Years ago there was a poster called Panic Button, every post he carried out was doom and gloom, especially on the shares I was holding at the time. I was always saying to him to shut up, and then there was another called Ananda (some spiritual being) who told me that if you dont like it don't read it. Simple, so I stopped. I learnt a lesson there, that every time you read a post somehow the info gets sucked into your brain, and affects every decision you make. So I stopped posting on sharetrader. I think I made more money after that relying upon my own wits. And if I made a mistake I had no one to blame but myself. That is why I have been absent for so long. Why PEB peeves me off so much is one of their recent announcements stated that they had some wonderful percentage increase in sales (impressive) to 1.9 mill or something like that. Still making a loss of some multitude of that. The annoying thing about CEO's, Chairmen is that they exagerate claims, are alweays buoyed by bad news with a positive spin, and the shareholders are the unlucky ones who suffer the losses. I made a loss on this company, probably not much considering my total portfolio, and I have covered these losses with gains in others, but it annoys me that much that I cease to trust the company and its announcements. Talk about keeping the market informed. Every announcement always sounds good, but have they kept us all up to date, on the coming losses, where they need to be to make a profit. All it is is airy fairy we have secured this and secured that. So I think that this company deserves a big boot up the backside. I no longer hold shares in this company, and no matter what I will never invest or more properly gamble with these shares again. The insider trading side came from my post on Wynyard, where I commented on just what their contracts contained as far as out clauses, non performance etc, and then blow me down, a day later they terminate their contract with the SFO. Now if you didnt see the humour in my post regarding the backhanders to third world countries, perhaps you are not secure in your investment in PEB. We all know SP's go up and down, but I still firmly believe that ultimately, PEB will go the way of WDT (Suspect profits, more losses, watered down shares) Is this company really an investment or a gamble. But only time will tell if my predictions have any merit.

Paragraphs!
Incredibly useful things are paragraphs.
Do not be afraid, give them a try out some time.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Longhaul
11-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Imodium is the cure here.

Andrew
11-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Perhaps the company could use some. Less hype more relevant facts on profit, not potential.

skid
12-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Try reading this thread from the start. Catch you later.
Much later.

Thats very good advice --It wont answer TJs claims but he will learn alot ......Hey!...,your suppose to be celebrating...not complaining,about other posters.

trader_jackson
14-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Wow! The underwriters/institutions/what ever you want to call them are doing a super job of pumping up the price, right?

(because when the price of PEB rises, particularity 45% in the past 2 weeks or so, it can only be the original underwriters "window dressing"/pumping up the price, as Balance has so profoundly mentioned several times, and not the obvious: like the market beginning to realize the increasingly attractive fundamentals and potential of PEB)

Disclosure: the recent silence (well more quiet than usual) says it all.... and it seems DD is not the only one smiling

pierre
14-03-2016, 03:30 PM
What on earth is going on with PEB?

The SP appears to be SKIDding upwards at quite a pace and is now looking quite unBALANCEd.

Remarkable silence from one or two of the frequent posters on this thread- I'm sure we would have heard from them if the price was moving in the opposite direction.

I can only surmise they must be at the medical centre getting their verbal diarrhoea seen to.

winner69
14-03-2016, 03:52 PM

I'm sure I saw 60 cents last week ......might have been in the crystal all though

When the bass drops
14-03-2016, 03:56 PM
To be fair to Balance, skid, Winner69, Andrew and others, there is still a fair bit of risk associated with the prospects of this company. If another company, say in South America (Mexico), can develop a test which can identify 100% of bladder cancers, a good chunk of US citizens would fly down to Mexico to get the test(s) done, and this could be a big downer for PEB. There is the inherent risk that someone else could develop a better test in other words, although its not outside the realms to think PEB could be that company. Nice share price movement (considering I'm a small holder), but still cautiously optimistic. I still hold to the fact that nothing significant will happen to the share price until PEB publish actual test numbers, rather than just show a trend from a low base.

Minerbarejet
14-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Quite possibly the market has finally woken up to the enormity of PEBs achievement in the last week or so.

skid
14-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Quite possibly the market has finally woken up to the enormity of PEBs achievement in the last week or so.

you Think?--45% increase on those announcements?---But the market has spoken ,cant argue with that.
In terms of market movements ,I have been a bit surprised both ways (if you read back)

Cant say Id be convinced enough to buy in,but many will be happier (relieved?) especially if they bought in with the cap raising.

skid
14-03-2016, 04:17 PM
To be fair to Balance, skid, Winner69, Andrew and others, there is still a fair bit of risk associated with the prospects of this company. If another company, say in South America (Mexico), can develop a test which can identify 100% of bladder cancers, a good chunk of US citizens would fly down to Mexico to get the test(s) done, and this could be a big downer for PEB. There is the inherent risk that someone else could develop a better test in other words, although its not outside the realms to think PEB could be that company. Nice share price movement (considering I'm a small holder), but still cautiously optimistic. I still hold to the fact that nothing significant will happen to the share price until PEB publish actual test numbers, rather than just show a trend from a low base.

Probably the big difference is that there is hope now.

Minerbarejet
14-03-2016, 04:32 PM
you Think?--45% increase on those announcements?---But the market has spoken ,cant argue with that.
In terms of market movements ,I have been a bit surprised both ways (if you read back)

Cant say Id be convinced enough to buy in,but many will be happier (relieved?) especially if they bought in with the cap raising.
Do you understand the ramifications of PEB raising the bar on bladder cancer diagnostics to a point where a District Health Board, or equivalent worldwide, is prepared to replace cytology in their clinical pathway as the end result of a successful 200 test outcome?

Snow Leopard
14-03-2016, 04:33 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/TheTigerWithNoName/SharetraderImages/NZX-PEB/NZX-PEB-Future3.png

It has been pointed out to me a little error in that I put some of the Sep-15 values in the Mar-15 slot (the shame of it:blush:).

So here is the amended version.

Now PEB have more head room on cash in the bank.

Apparently this will become the official projection against which future company performance will be judged. :D

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

So do we thing that they are now ahead of the curve?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

pierre
14-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Probably the big difference is that there is hope now.

I think "hope" has nearly always been there - what's been lacking by a few of the manic posters on here is TRUST (and they're entitled to feel that way).

But, the recent VA announcement shows that PEB is definitely on track. I'm backing the management and board to deliver the result that holders are looking for. We still have a distance to travel and individual successes are taking take longer than anticipated - but PEB is still heading in the right direction. CMS announcement, probably more DHBs on-board and KP trial results will each will be another significant step on the ladder to success. One or two of those may not be so far away and will move the SP upwards again.

It really is disappointing that some people look for every possible reason to dump on an innovative NZ company seeking to provide a huge medical advance with potential to benefit millions of men. They are of course free to express their opinion - it just gets so bloody tiresome having it rammed down our throats so many times each day.

However, it looks as though an advancing SP is the best way to shut up the unBALANCEd among us. Long may it continue!

That's all from moi - until the next announcement.
Au revoir
Pierre

When the bass drops
14-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I think "hope" has nearly always been there - what's been lacking by a few of the manic posters on here is TRUST (and they're entitled to feel that way).

But, the recent VA announcement shows that PEB is definitely on track. I'm backing the management and board to deliver the result that holders are looking for. We still have a distance to travel and individual successes are taking take longer than anticipated - but PEB is still heading in the right direction. CMS announcement, probably more DHBs on-board and KP trial results will each will be another significant step on the ladder to success. One or two of those may not be so far away and will move the SP upwards again.

It really is disappointing that some people look for every possible reason to dump on an innovative NZ company seeking to provide a huge medical advance with potential to benefit millions of men. They are of course free to express their opinion - it just gets so bloody tiresome having it rammed down our throats so many times each day.

However, it looks as though an advancing SP is the best way to shut up the unBALANCEd among us. Long may it continue!

Au revoir
Pierre

Rammed up our urethra?

skid
14-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Au revoir
Pierre

Your first two paragraphs expressed your views more than adequately...after that..well..I guess you had to get it off your chest--Go pop a bottle of champagne,and celebrate.

Minerbarejet
14-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Your first two paragraphs expressed your views more than adequately...after that..well..I guess you had to get it off your chest--Go pop a bottle of champagne,and celebrate.
Dang. Thanks for reminding me. I was supposed to pick up a case today.
(Hic)

skid
15-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Dang. Thanks for reminding me. I was supposed to pick up a case today.
(Hic)

Thats the spirit!(or spirits) Im anticipating a happier Miner now..:)

whatsup
15-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Slowly starting to build -at last, lets that they can keep this up !

golden city
15-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Well worth the bid. 20% return already

When the bass drops
15-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Disclosure for the record. Small holder of 50,000 in this stock, part of a wider portfolio. Will likely start a slow regular build. As always, remaining cautiously optimistic.

trader_jackson
15-03-2016, 11:58 AM
And just like that, we are back over the capital raising price, with no signs of sellers till the 63 cent mark... hard to believe that just 3 weeks or so ago some users were making comments such as "the US is stuffed", "will be at 10 cents soon" etc etc, and continuous claims that the only thing making any share price increase (whether sustained or not) was purely because of some sort of manipulation (or "window dressing") by the underwriter.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: PEB management are delivering on what they said they would do, even if it is a few months behind schedule. The recent increasing share price (53% on the back of 2 non-price sensitive announcements) shows an increasing confidence in PEB management to do what they said they would do - although I'm sure this is of little surprise to long term holders.

Disclosure: my quotes may not be word for word, but are reminiscent of what was being said.

trader_jackson
15-03-2016, 12:23 PM
So for those (I think there was a couple) who said they would consider buying in when an upward trend was confirmed, I would be interested to know when this upward trend is able to be "confirmed"

Disclosure: although I always believed 40c was a stupid price and it was always bound to increase at some stage, I am surprised how fast it has reached 60c.

winner69
15-03-2016, 12:43 PM
So for those (I think there was a couple) who said they would consider buying in when an upward trend was confirmed, I would be interested to know when this upward trend is able to be "confirmed"

Disclosure: although I always believed 40c was a stupid price and it was always bound to increase at some stage, I am surprised how fast it has reached 60c.

What happens when revenues increasing at a greater rate than expenses eh t_j

nextbigthing
15-03-2016, 03:05 PM
The key part of the last announcement was obviously the intention for PEB's product to REPLACE cytology, with a respected health provider. IMHO this will make it easier for them to sell the product in the U.S., if someone is already leading the way and can be used as an example. Fortunately I have little experience in medical litigation in the U.S., but does anyone know - if some was to be misdiagnosed in the U.S. (eg something missed) and not given a PEB test, and that patient was able to show there is a newer method available and being used overseas, that the provider had been made aware of, would this then open them up to litigation? If so it may effectively blackmail them into using it? Or is that drawing a bit of a long bow?

Cheers,
NBT

nextbigthing
15-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: PEB management are delivering on what they said they would do, even if it is a few months behind schedule.

So $100M Revenue in 5 years (and a few months) still a definite? You going to bet your house?

This is not a disclosure. These are your feelings. A disclosure is something more like; Small holder of 50,000 in this stock (thank you to WTBD for his/her disclosure).

When the bass drops
15-03-2016, 04:41 PM
The key part of the last announcement was obviously the intention for PEB's product to REPLACE cytology, with a respected health provider. IMHO this will make it easier for them to sell the product in the U.S., if someone is already leading the way and can be used as an example. Fortunately I have little experience in medical litigation in the U.S., but does anyone know - if some was to be misdiagnosed in the U.S. (eg something missed) and not given a PEB test, and that patient was able to show there is a newer method available and being used overseas, that the provider had been made aware of, would this then open them up to litigation? If so it may effectively blackmail them into using it? Or is that drawing a bit of a long bow?

Cheers,
NBT

The US is very litigious so I wouldn't bet against the possibility of this happening.

skid
15-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Im not sure if you were referring to my posts on the matter,but i stated I would rather lose some early profits and buy in when the company proves itself.
Its obvious you disagree,but IMO they have not done that yet.
I dont interpret a share price jump of 40c to 60c on non price sensitive announcements as proving themselves.
I interpret that as an element of market hype.
Now thats not to say this will not continue(the market can be an unpredictable beast as you observed when it hit below 40c.)
The market wants to believe at this phase,but that should not be confused with a positive earnings report or something more substantial.
It remains to be seen whether the US market actually takes notice of the Canterbury experiment(when it happens)I wont say ''if'' as it looks likely.
Glad to see your happy TJ,and why not? but you may be going out on a limb calling this confirmation of success.

When the bass drops
15-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Im not sure if you were referring to my posts on the matter,but i stated I would rather lose some early profits and buy in when the company proves itself.
I dont interpret a share price jump of 40c to 60c on non price sensitive announcements as proving themselves.
Now thats not to say this will not continue(the market can be an unpredictable beast as you observed when it hit below 40c.)
The market wants to believe at this phase,but that should not be confused with a positive earnings report or something more substantial.
It remains to be seen whether the US market actually takes notice of the Canterbury experiment(when it happens)I wont say ''if'' as it looks likely.
Glad to see your happy TJ,and why not? but you may be going out on a limb calling this confirmation of success.

I'm as upbeat about this stock as the next person, but even I would think it silly that recent PEB announcement and milestones equate to PEB success. The US market remains primary objective number one by a big margin, so unless the US groups positively take notice of the CDHB cxbladder uptake & results then PEB are not going to go anywhere. In my view, they won't be successful until they are profitable and this should reflect in the share price at point X in the future. I hold a personal view that the price could reach well in excess of the all time high $1.72, but many things need to happen particularly Kaiser and CMS. Their bottom line needs to be in the green for a period of time before I would deem them a success. What I will say is that the recent VA deal and CDHB deal give PEB a platform for potential success, but major risks are still inherent. Urologists are not going to easily want to give up their fee for their urine cytology exam, in favour of a much cheaper superior and non-invasive test that is going to bring their revenue per test down by 80-90%.

Minerbarejet
15-03-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm as upbeat about this stock as the next person, but even I would think it silly that recent PEB announcement and milestones equate to PEB success. The US market remains primary objective number one by a big margin, so unless the US groups positively take notice of the CDHB cxbladder uptake & results then PEB are not going to go anywhere. In my view, they won't be successful until they are profitable and this should reflect in the share price at point X in the future. I hold a personal view that the price could reach well in excess of the all time high $1.72, but many things need to happen particularly Kaiser and CMS. Their bottom line needs to be in the green for a period of time before I would deem them a success. What I will say is that the recent VA deal and CDHB deal give PEB a platform for potential success, but major risks are still inherent. Urologists are not going to easily want to give up their fee for their urine cytology exam, in favour of a much cheaper superior and non-invasive test that is going to bring their revenue per test down by 80-90%.
Medical malfeasance.
Cytology and cxbladder are urine based tests. Cxbladder Detect is superior to cytology in determining if cancer exists. Cxbladder Triage is able to determine with some surety if cancer does not exist.
Invasive Cystoscopy will still have to be carried out on all those presenting with haematuria and having an indication of bladder cancer from the urine test.
Its the removing of those that do not have bladder cancer from the expensive and Invasive Cystoscopy Clinical pathway that is the focus of Triage.
Not using the best possible pathway in the interests of making more money from cystoscopy would be a bit of a perilous occupation.
There is also the tendency to look at this whole scenario in the context of all or nothing.
PEB has never made any projections based on a higher than 10 percent of the market.
This is worth looking at too.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022534709023714
It seems that positive indications from the use of urine tests result in better detection rates in cystoscopy.

trader_jackson
15-03-2016, 09:04 PM

Of course I am pleased, I'll only be happy once we hit the triple cent mark ;).

I was genuinely interested as to when other people would deem PEB to be in a 'confirmed' upward trend, so I do appreciate your view on this and completely understand, thank you.

Anyone else have any other thoughts regarding when you would deem an upward trend PEB?

Minerbarejet
15-03-2016, 09:19 PM

I was genuinely interested as to when other people would deem PEB to be in a 'confirmed' upward trend, so I do appreciate your view on this and completely understand, thank you.

Anyone else have any other thoughts regarding when you would deem an upward trend PEB?
There may be a few chartists taking an interest these days but we havent seen much from them lately.
Too busy with ATM and XRO I guess.

pierre
15-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Balance will be very quick to let everyone know when the SP is in a down trend, PEB is turning to custard again and the board and management are up to dastardly tricks.

But - he appears to have gone to ground over the past week as the SP moved north and his doom and gloom theories weren't holding true. I don't want to put a jinx on the company, or invite more manic ravings, but with Balance currently in silent mode it might possibly be safe to assert that an upward trend could be underway. Then again, it might not. We may have to wait for CMS, KP or some other significant announcement to confirm that.

I think the answer to your question is - just wait.

Hectorplains
15-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Balance will be very quick to let everyone know when the SP is in a down trend, PEB is turning to custard again and the board and management are up to dastardly tricks.

But - he appears to have gone to ground over the past week as the SP moved north and his doom and gloom theories weren't holding true. I don't want to put a jinx on the company, or invite more manic ravings, but with Balance currently in silent mode it might possibly be safe to assert that an upward trend could be underway. Then again, it might not. We may have to wait for CMS, KP or some other significant announcement to confirm that.

I think the answer to your question is - just wait.

One swallow, a summer et al...

This may be the resurrection of PEB, or not...:)

Snow Leopard
15-03-2016, 10:53 PM

PEB:
has definitely broken any downtrend that it was in :t_up:;

Is definitely in an uptrend that 'begins' 25/26 Feb 2016 :t_up: :t_up: (& could drop to 55c tomorrow without breaking this 'aggressive' trend-line);

Could be deemed to have bounced off the trend line (on a log chart) that started back in August 2008 and has thus confirmed it :t_up: :t_up: :t_up:.

So see how it goes from here :drool:.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger (wearing his best TA hat)

whatsup
16-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Dissappointing it couldn't hold .64 yesterday.

Minerbarejet
16-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Dissappointing it couldn't hold .64 yesterday.Yeah, and disappointing it didnt hold 1.72 a few years ago as well. :)

Longhaul
16-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Looks like we are back to where it all began in Nov 2013 when the price first shot up (though not so dramatically this time).

IMHO there's no confirmed trend here. what PEB needs is a series of good news and positive announcements that keep taking risk off the table.

Snow Leopard
16-03-2016, 07:29 PM
...IMHO there's no confirmed trend here. what PEB needs is a series of good news and positive announcements that keep taking risk off the table.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/TheTigerWithNoName/SharetraderImages/NZX-PEB/Capture.png

Well I think it looks beautiful and it is just so unfortunate that I do not have a sufficiently long barge pole.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Baa_Baa
16-03-2016, 08:24 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/TheTigerWithNoName/SharetraderImages/NZX-PEB/Capture.png

Well I think it looks beautiful and it is just so unfortunate that I do not have a sufficiently long barge pole.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Nice charts PT, have you considered licensing or SAAS'ing them?

Anyway, on the weekly it certainly flashed a buy 2.5 weeks ago then confirmed with a solid LT trend line breakout, and continued up from there, currently in the ST steep uptrend that you point out, though that looks like it may have topped out. But .. isn't there always a but .. on what exactly? An announce closely resembling previous shareholder wealth destructions. This king has no clothes until it reports sustained repeatable revenue, and the current 'uptrend' is merely a traders opportunity whom I expect will pounce soon enough.

trader_jackson
18-03-2016, 04:09 PM
7938Hope everyone loves my artwork. It's a thing of beauty.

:t_up::t_up:

winner69
18-03-2016, 05:08 PM
They still losing money though mr bass - negative eps

Minerbarejet
18-03-2016, 05:55 PM
:t_up::t_up:Just a word of caution. Might pay to not alter or improve NZX information for public view. You can find the delete button under edit.
All very commendable though and I shall look forward to selling at 15.31 as previously stated.:)

When the bass drops
21-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Yep MBJ, last thing I want to do is get in trouble.... post is gone.

skid
21-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Yep MBJ, last thing I want to do is get in trouble.... post is gone.

dont worry WBD they rewrite history all the time in many countries:)

Ggcc
21-03-2016, 02:03 PM
No news and going up. Maybe some good news on the horizo??? CMS coverage due at some stage??? Window dressing to get people on board??? Where is Balance???

dagoldtoof
21-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Guess buyers are happy to see the first NZ District Health Board to show a interest...Pleased am holding...

Snow Leopard
21-03-2016, 02:54 PM
A lance last seen wetting a jet plane...

Befuddled & Bemused

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

When the bass drops
21-03-2016, 03:04 PM
The quality of some of winner69's comments is quite high, but Shakespearean at times. I need to trawl through Google to gain clarity about what he means.

Minerbarejet
21-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Befuddled & Bemused

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger Its the fire hose guard of honour for welcoming new planes, ships and rockets

Minerbarejet
21-03-2016, 03:43 PM
A lance last seen wetting a jet plane ..........with David heading to Singapore then London then Saville on to Paris before jetting to New York and a stop over at Los Angeles to refresh and hen home.

Told me than Swan had other commitments and couldn't goCrikey Winner thats a beaut.
Extra glass of wine at lunch was it?
You've got me on the chook house though.:)

trader_jackson
21-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Guys guys, lets not get to excited, any and all price increases are not because the market sees value, but purely because of "window dressing" (but decreases are never, ever, due to "windows dressing")

Disclosure: sarcasm ;)

(I think the market is finally beginning to catch up with what PEB have been saying all along)

winner69
21-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Crikey Winner thats a beaut.
Extra glass of wine at lunch was it?
You've got me on the chook house though.:)

You need to decipher it miner my old mate - secret code and all that - phone spell check on sunny day at beach does funny things. Have turned it off now ... I tink

Glad I kept you all amused today.

I admit it was a shocker of a post though and seeing you all have kindly posted snippets of it I won't even correct it

When the bass drops
22-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Another day goes by.. another day of window dressing. :p

Ggcc
22-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Another day goes by.. another day of window dressing.:p

I was about to say the same thing...... Or am I buying all those shares mmmmmm

couta1
22-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Everything seems to be back in Balance now that the bleating lambs have been silenced:cool:

Minerbarejet
22-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Everything seems to be back in Balance now that the bleating lambs have been silenced:cool:Well we have had all the best dramas going on here I suppose we may as well include a bit of Anthony Hopkins--- just for variety.:)

Snow Leopard
22-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Well we have had all the best dramas going on here I suppose we may as well include a bit of Anthony Hopkins--- just for variety.:)

As in his latest?

Misconduct --- [IMDB Link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658772/)]

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Meister
22-03-2016, 08:41 PM
I just can't see the justification for a $250M valuation on the back of the sales growth evidence we have so far. The next performance update will be very interesting.

When the bass drops
23-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I just can't see the justification for a $250M valuation on the back of the sales growth evidence we have so far. The next performance update will be very interesting.

What do you think the company should be valued at? $25m? Or $0 as some of the posters on this thread will have you believe. Let's just say that market sentiment justifies the $250m valuation .. there's your justification.

Many companies listed on the NZX have higher market capitalisations than PEB, but also don't make profit yet.