PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

blackcap
02-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Agree, Political B S has wormed its way into all aspects of ordinary life, sad but true hence the rise of Donald Trump and his brand of normality.

In fact I asked her about it tonight and the "man" part is derived from the latin "manus" which means "hand". Thus to use chairman for women is correct and not at all sexist. Chairman is gender neutral. Another woman chairman I spoke to a while back suggested another synonym for chairman being "leading hand". I shall continue to call them chairman be they men, women, trans or confused.

Hectorplains
02-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world as this is going against what DD has said, which may discredit some of his other claims regarding the future targets of the company.

This has not unduly bothered him previously...

Minerbarejet
02-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Whats wrong with just plain chairman? My partner (a women) is also chairman on a couple of boards and cringes when ppl change the title to accommodate the fairer sex. She believes chairman is not a sexist term when applied to a women as the term is gender neutral. In dutch for example the position is known as "voorzitter" which translates to "leading sitter or seated".
I note that there is a drive to change the title to just "chair" and this to me is preferable to the horrible sounding chairperson.
But I digress, this must be the best news for PEB in a long time...
Hmmmm. Interesting
Are you both women or is one of you a woman?:)

Snow Leopard
03-06-2016, 01:21 AM
This debate takes me straight back to Abidjan in 1997 and whether it should be

madam, le ministre
or
madam, la ministre,

and I had thought we sorted it then.

Good to see that Mr Swann will finally have time to make extensive use of his deck.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

skid
03-06-2016, 10:10 AM
How would a future cap raise be felt by the market? Considering DD has flat out denined they will need another one?

I doubt they will generate enough free cash flow fast enough to get away without one.

Wow,talk of another cap raising already
Someday the company needs to make money from its product, rather than its shareholders.They are already well on their way to their target of 100mil from them---There better be on heck of a payday at the end of this road

It will be interesting to see if this flurry of activity can will the SP back up again

Balance
03-06-2016, 10:14 AM
How would a future cap raise be felt by the market? Considering DD has flat out denined they will need another one?

I doubt they will generate enough free cash flow fast enough to get away without one.

Haha - from the mouth which will not set a date for when the company will achieve profitability and cash flow positivity! !

skid
03-06-2016, 10:22 AM
All good for WTBD but who the heck is WTBC?

Its when all the bases are covered--Hes managed to cram far right nutters-cycophants-rabbit greenies(that mutter)-National and Labor supporters all into one paragraph:)

When the bass drops
03-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Its when all the bases are covered--Hes managed to cram far right nutters-cycophants-rabbit greenies(that mutter)-National and Labor supporters all into one paragraph:)

Haha. I had to have a bit of a chuckle at your comment. WTBC is my alter-ego formed out of a typo. He is not my estranged cousin from Hastings as some people believe. Also *sycophant *rabbid. Spelling wasn't my strong suit.

PEB have a lot to do, but I'm planning a further build of my personal holding in early July.

When the bass drops
03-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Haha - from the mouth which will not set a date for when the company will achieve profitability and cash flow positivity! !

Do you expect the PEB CEO to be Nostradamus Balance?

Also, when are you going to admit your secret undisclosed holding of 100k+ shares in this stock?! :):cool:

Balance
03-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Do you expect the PEB CEO to be Nostradamus Balance?

Also, when are you going to admit your secret undisclosed holding of 100k+ shares in this stock?! :):cool:

October 2013 :

"Pacific Edge Chairman Chris Swann says the funds raised will provide funding to implement the roll out of the US sales force in pursuit of achieving $100 million of commercial sales of Cxbladder in the United States within five trading years.

“The Board is fully confident that the funds being raised will be sufficient to cover operating expenses until Pacific Edge achieves profitability."

Notice the operative words - 'FULLY CONFIDENT'?

Of course the market expects rightly and with full justification the CEO and Chairman of any company (which has a begging bowl out almost every year to raise funds from shareholders) to work towards a plan when the company will achieve profitability and positive cash flow.

NEXT.

skid
03-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Haha. I had to have a bit of a chuckle at your comment. WTBC is my alter-ego formed out of a typo. He is not my estranged cousin from Hastings as some people believe. Also *sycophant *rabbid. Spelling wasn't my strong suit.

PEB have a lot to do, but I'm planning a further build of my personal holding in early July.

Is that 40,000 shares or $40K worth of shares--If your going to build on that ,just be careful. Putting to many eggs in ANY basket,esp spec shares can be dangerous--(theres a reason why many keep their % of spec shares smallish.)

When the bass drops
03-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Is that 40,000 shares or $40K worth of shares--If your going to build on that ,just be careful. Putting to many eggs in ANY basket,esp spec shares can be dangerous--(theres a reason why many keep their % of spec shares smallish.)

40,000 shares... I got many of them below 48 cents. Yep,, I don't doubt the risk. I do also have holdings in 10-12 established companies (like your MFT's and your FPH's etc.) and some listed property ones such as GMT, KPG etc.).. small holdings in each. so a bit of risk mitigation going on.

Carpenterjoe
12-06-2016, 09:25 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/cancer-is-not-a-gift/2016/06/four-things-you-may-not-know-about-cancer/

Its a pitty some urologists are taking the piss on cxbladder costs.

cammo
12-06-2016, 09:52 AM
i think it's more the governor at fault and the funding issue. You don't know what else he had with it etc. Just a patient venting. Post an invoice then it would be believable . He's not bleating that hard, so guess those tests came back negative. He's beating on about scanxiety NOT rod up his johnson so I figure he paid the $3k anyway. No issues here.

Santiago
12-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Actually it's kind of good to know someone is using it

trader_jackson
12-06-2016, 09:07 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/cancer-is-not-a-gift/2016/06/four-things-you-may-not-know-about-cancer/

Its a pitty some urologists are taking the piss on cxbladder costs.

Urologist complaining that CxBladder is bad? or Patient mentioning how bureaucracy is getting in the way again? (or at least this is how I interpret it, with his insurer refusing to pay some costs... so far)

Comment on CX Bladder:
"This type of urinalysis offers great potential to those of us who face lifetime surveillance... we may be able to have a urine test instead of cystoscopies."
- If a random person can out of the blue say this (or at least I don't think this person is paid by PEB), this is very, very exciting...

(and CX Bladder is just 1 of 4 world leading products PEB produces... :t_up:)

Minerbarejet
12-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Urologist complaining that CxBladder is bad? or Patient mentioning how bureaucracy is getting in the way again? (or at least this is how I interpret it, with his insurer refusing to pay some costs... so far)

Comment on CX Bladder:
"This type of urinalysis offers great potential to those of us who face lifetime surveillance... we may be able to have a urine test instead of cystoscopies."
- If a random person can out of the blue say this (or at least I don't think this person is paid by PEB), this is very, very exciting...

(and CX Bladder is just 1 of 4 world leading products PEB produces... :t_up:)Just to confuse everyone completely.
I think Carpenterjoe was referring to a possibility of a urologist overcharging for cxbladder tests.

On reading the link it would seem to be a somewhat self focussed female blogger with a lot to say.

There was a random person years ago suddenly sprang up in Wichita, Kansas:scared: claiming cxbladder was the greatest thing he had come across---- think it was on the BCAN site.
Word is definitely getting around.

Of course he could have moved to Chicago -----changed gender and set up a blogsite.:)

cammo
12-06-2016, 11:44 PM
All hearsay till we see an invoice. Maybe peb are charging hard to any electives to recoup costs faster...maybe we only know the au-nz pricing...let's leave the blog in the place where it belongs...and sit quietly until the next news release.

A Russian friend told me a real gem.... if you don't touch dogs*t ....it won't stink.

So applicable to sooo many situations

Carpenterjoe
13-06-2016, 10:18 AM
If you ignore feedback from your customers, you're an idiot. Unfortunately in this case our end users "customers" are suffering cancer and loads of stress.

I dont want our customers getting stressed over money whilst they fight for their life. The point of our technology is to help people live, not drive them broke.

It concerns me some insurers are not covering cxbladder. Im sure this will improve with time and when the FDA settle their current issues in this feild. But i can understand an insurer holding off paying 3k for a test that costs $100.

The other thing to consider if urologist's start using the Cxbladder range instead of cytos, they will need to charge a margin to cover their overheads. I have no idea what it costs to run a urology practice. Shareholders will need to ask themselves are we comfortable with urologists putting a 100%-1000% markup on the Cxbladder range. My industry (residential building) operates on 10%-30%.

Snow Leopard
13-06-2016, 04:06 PM
If my memory serves be correctly, and occasionally it does, then the following figures were bandied about several years ago.

The CxBladder kits which are/were manufactured for PEB by a company in Europe and cost PEB about $100 (US or NZ?) each.

The intended selling price by PEB of CxBladder in the USA was US$550 and upwards.

Those of you in NZ who meet the requirements can buy a test for NZ$368 (http://www.cxbladder.com/order-form).

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

When the bass drops
14-06-2016, 04:16 PM
If you ignore feedback from your customers, you're an idiot. Unfortunately in this case our end users "customers" are suffering cancer and loads of stress.

I dont want our customers getting stressed over money whilst they fight for their life. The point of our technology is to help people live, not drive them broke.

It concerns me some insurers are not covering cxbladder. Im sure this will improve with time and when the FDA settle their current issues in this feild. But i can understand an insurer holding off paying 3k for a test that costs $100.

The other thing to consider if urologist's start using the Cxbladder range instead of cytos, they will need to charge a margin to cover their overheads. I have no idea what it costs to run a urology practice. Shareholders will need to ask themselves are we comfortable with urologists putting a 100%-1000% markup on the Cxbladder range. My industry (residential building) operates on 10%-30%.

Hey Carpenterjoe, just reading between the lines are you involved with peb in any capacity?

Carpenterjoe
14-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Hey Carpenterjoe, just reading between the lines are you involved with peb in any capacity?

Just a tiny shareholder (40,000). Enjoy the technology and learning about the industry and it's challenges.

When the bass drops
15-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Just a tiny shareholder (40,000). Enjoy the technology and learning about the industry and it's challenges.

You and me both. Small holder (43,000).

cammo
21-06-2016, 09:32 PM
We're honoured (and very delighted) to receive the Medical Technology Association of New Zealand Innovation Award for our Cxbladder technology!

Thank you so much MTANZ, this award means a great deal to us.

#NZHealthcareCongress #medtech

Carpenterjoe
22-06-2016, 10:50 PM
I think the link will work, not anything new, but a little fun and some fancy tools.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DdReug8JLBOk&ved=0ahUKEwiakImwubvNAhUINpQKHYXFDWgQtwIIMTAD&usg=AFQjCNEMBIXw3A8JBxBfR2z1cc2YE42wKg&sig2=bX2IyLQihNUEctQuuP0Pog

Carpenterjoe
25-06-2016, 09:17 AM
New Edison report out, only skimmed it, seems the fairest to date.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.researchpool.com/storage/app/uploads/public/576/d2e/ece/576d2eece3faa101357692.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj4lJX6ycHNAhUHnZQKHewVBa8QFggkMAE&usg=AFQjCNHzE26FZ12Kibxv0bdklk8B7nPWhA&sig2=yORXBZVCR8FG-yy_xUo_og

skid
25-06-2016, 09:31 AM
New Edison report out, only skimmed it, seems the fairest to date.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.researchpool.com/storage/app/uploads/public/576/d2e/ece/576d2eece3faa101357692.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj4lJX6ycHNAhUHnZQKHewVBa8QFggkMAE&usg=AFQjCNHzE26FZ12Kibxv0bdklk8B7nPWhA&sig2=yORXBZVCR8FG-yy_xUo_og

If they knew commercial trials take such a long time ,why did they say KP would be completed......a long time ago?
Has anyone been right so far in their predictions?--(or course this report was made before the Elephant took up residence in the room)

When the bass drops
27-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Is Brexit reflecting in today's share price?

Balance
27-06-2016, 12:15 PM

Stocks like PEB are particularly vulnerable to financial turmoils as the company relies upon a continuous and ongoing supply of new and fresh capital to remain solvent.

A crisis could see the supply cut off.

Whether PEB needs another capital raising - depends on whether you believe the company or you look at its track record.

Grunter
27-06-2016, 03:05 PM

Investors will be reducing riskier assets and moving to more defensive assets. Share price reduction in the last few trading days (including today) will be almost entirely due to Brexit.

Dentie
27-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Stocks like PEB are particularly vulnerable to financial turmoils as the company relies upon a continuous and ongoing supply of new and fresh capital to remain solvent.

Sounds like you believe PEB is a Ponzi scheme Balance...or have I misunderstood your meaning???

blackcap
27-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Sounds like you believe PEB is a Ponzi scheme Balance...or have I misunderstood your meaning???

What I think Balance means is that PEB frequently raise fresh capital from investors and if they do not do so again some time in the future they may have trouble satisfying the solvency requirements.

(because last time I looked, PEB were spending a whole lot more cash than they were receiving)

Balance
06-07-2016, 08:24 AM
(because last time I looked, PEB were spending a whole lot more cash than they were receiving)

That cash is running down and the competition is building up fast - first mover advantage (if there was ever one) for PEB is well and truly over.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2016/06/20/a-new-noninvasive-monitoring-test-for-bladder-cancer/

Excerpt : "Bladder EpiCheck is expected to be available in Europe in the third quarter of 2016, says Nucleix President and Chief Operating Officer Opher Shapira. Right now, the product is undergoing advanced clinical trials in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Israel.

“We expect to earn the CE mark this summer, and probably next year we will start clinical trials in the US and then apply for FDA approval,” he tells ISRAEL21c."

http://sonoranweeklyreview.com/oncocyte-to-present-positive-bladder-cancer-diagnostic-data-at-cancer-congress-in-chicago-tseocx/

kiwidollabill
06-07-2016, 08:42 AM
That cash is running down and the competition is building up fast - first mover advantage (if there was ever one) for PEB is well and truly over.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2016/06/20/a-new-noninvasive-monitoring-test-for-bladder-cancer/

Excerpt : "Bladder EpiCheck is expected to be available in Europe in the third quarter of 2016, says Nucleix President and Chief Operating Officer Opher Shapira. Right now, the product is undergoing advanced clinical trials in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Israel.

“We expect to earn the CE mark this summer, and probably next year we will start clinical trials in the US and then apply for FDA approval,” he tells ISRAEL21c."

http://sonoranweeklyreview.com/oncocyte-to-present-positive-bladder-cancer-diagnostic-data-at-cancer-congress-in-chicago-tseocx/

Different and elegant way to skin the same cat. Like it

When the bass drops
06-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Different and elegant way to skin the same cat. Like it

1. "This test has shown very high sensitivity and specificity, and it is expected to reach the market in Q3 2016." Well, Nucleix, what are the readings? Is the test more accurate than Cxbladder?
2. Nucleix is targeting parts of Europe primarily (with an eye to the US for clinical trials), as opposed to a company like PEB that has a primary target of USA, with a lot more urologists. The US is the goldmine.
3. Competition is building up, but how competitive is a company like Nucleix in actuality, relative to PEB? Have they undergone rigorous hoop-jumping over a long period of time, or are they at the start of a very long journey?
4. How comprehensive is Nucleix's suite of products, relative to a company like PEB?
5. In this game, 'expectation' doesn't mean you will tick off milestones in a timely fashion, knowing some of the delays PEB has experienced that were out of their control.

But what do I know.

Minerbarejet
06-07-2016, 12:38 PM
As much as anybody probably.
Cxbladder Monitor 93% Sensitivity, 97% NPV
All go for 10% of the market.

skid
06-07-2016, 12:51 PM
1. "This test has shown very high sensitivity and specificity, and it is expected to reach the market in Q3 2016." Well, Nucleix, what are the readings? Is the test more accurate than Cxbladder?
2. Nucleix is targeting parts of Europe primarily (with an eye to the US for clinical trials), as opposed to a company like PEB that has a primary target of USA, with a lot more urologists. The US is the goldmine.
3. Competition is building up, but how competitive is a company like Nucleix in actuality, relative to PEB? Have they undergone rigorous hoop-jumping over a long period of time, or are they at the start of a very long journey?
4. How comprehensive is Nucleix's suite of products, relative to a company like PEB?
5. In this game, 'expectation' doesn't mean you will tick off milestones in a timely fashion, knowing some of the delays PEB has experienced that were out of their control.

But what do I know.

you know lots of things,about PEB. of course there are many things you ,an we do not know,like why the heck is everything taking so long(are they being put on the back shelf?)--another thing we all know is that PEB either decided to go it alone ,or couldnt partner up with a company with clout--what we dont know is whether this company has better luck in that area.
we dont know how the price of the 2 compare--we dont know why Nucleix are going for FDA approval and PEB hasnt bothered (they can still sell without it,but..)
I guess when it comes down to it we dont know almost everything in terms of how PEB is doing--all we know is about the product and that they needed a cap raising.

Carpenterjoe
06-07-2016, 08:13 PM

But what do I know.

Wtbd I think, the more reliable competition the better, this industry needs a large spread of highly reliable products to speed adoption into guidelines. With this product it’s still very early days, they would be doing well to get FDA approval within the next five years (if at all).
From memory the current urine tests have accumulated between1000-5000+ clinical tests each. Nucle!x sits at 222 and of those 182 were cancer free. It proudly states “Bladder EpiCheck showed overall sensitivity of 90%, correctly diagnosing 35 out of the 39 positive cases, and overall specificity of 83%, correctly diagnosing 151 out of the 182 cancer free patients.”
“Cytology evaluation results were available for 175 patients of the study cohort. Cytology correctly diagnosed 5 out of 13 bladder cancer patients (38% sensitivity), and correctly diagnosed 155 out of 162 cancer free patients (96% specificity). Bladder EpiCheck detected all tumors that were detected by cytology, and all of the tumors that were missed by BladderEpiCheck were also missed by cytology.”
I would suggest a better experiment would include other urine markers.
Thanks to the person whom posted this link first.

When the bass drops
15-07-2016, 12:02 PM
First trade today $371,000. Insto or private?

Balance
18-07-2016, 01:02 PM
First trade today $371,000. Insto or private?

Probably a private getting out after reading of latest industry developments, and selling to insto.

Probably private bailing out after reading latest development :

http://immuno-oncologynews.com/2016/07/05/cancer-genetics-inc-expands-immuno-oncology-franchise-addition-fda-approved-ventana-pd-l1-sp142-assay-complementary-diagnostic-test-tecentriq/

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Cancer+Genetics+(CGIX)+Begins+Offering+VENTANA+PD-L1+as+Complimentary+IHC+Test+for+TECENTRIQ/11784108.html

"Immunotherapy treatment for certain bladder cancers may be prescribed specifically for individual patients with help from a new FDA approved complementary test by Cancer Genetics (GCI)."

The institutions have no choice but to keep buying to support the sp to support the performance of their funds - too deep to get out in an illiquid down-trending stock like PEB.

Long and wrong.

Grunter
18-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Probably a private getting out after reading of latest industry developments, and selling to insto.

Probably private bailing out after reading latest development :

http://immuno-oncologynews.com/2016/07/05/cancer-genetics-inc-expands-immuno-oncology-franchise-addition-fda-approved-ventana-pd-l1-sp142-assay-complementary-diagnostic-test-tecentriq/

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Cancer+Genetics+(CGIX)+Begins+Offering+VENTANA+PD-L1+as+Complimentary+IHC+Test+for+TECENTRIQ/11784108.html

"Immunotherapy treatment for certain bladder cancers may be prescribed specifically for individual patients with help from a new FDA approved complementary test by Cancer Genetics (GCI)."

The institutions have no choice but to keep buying to support the sp to support the performance of their funds - too deep to get out in an illiquid down-trending stock like PEB.

Long and wrong.

The test you are referring to is the Urovysion test. Thats the test CxBladder has been shown to be better than.

Balance
18-07-2016, 02:08 PM
The test you are referring to is the Urovysion test. Thats the test CxBladder has been shown to be better than.

Interesting, isn't it?

For all of CxBladder's supposed superior properties as a test, no FDA approval (maybe by choice) and the other tests continue to be offered?

What is also interesting is that GCI's sp is 10% of what it was 3 years ago when it IPOed with all the promises associated with being a biomed company.

So don't hold your breath that PEB is going to perform anytime soon!

Grunter
18-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Interesting, isn't it?

For all of CxBladder's supposed superior properties as a test, no FDA approval (maybe by choice) and the other tests continue to be offered?

What is also interesting is that GCI's sp is 10% of what it was 3 years ago when it IPOed with all the promises associated with being a biomed company.

So don't hold your breath that PEB is going to perform anytime soon!

From my understanding, a diagnostic test does not require FDA approval, only CLIA. The FDA approval mentioned in the document you have linked to refers to an immunotherapy drug, not the diagnostic test.

Therefore FDA approval is not relevant in the case of PEB

Harveyp
23-07-2016, 05:56 PM
My Dad just got a cxbladder test kit in post today. He has had the invasive camera's to check his bladder every 9 months or so, Now he's been switched to cxbladder, I told him all about it and he's more than happy to pee in a cup. great to see it being rolled out without request

Minerbarejet
24-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Thats great news that your father is having the new reliable CxBladder test for monitoring for recurrence and I wish him well. The test must be easier and a lot more comfortable than the cystoscopy he has been having. Thank you for posting.
Could you possibly advise us which Health Board is involved

My Dad just got a cxbladder test kit in post today. He has had the invasive camera's to check his bladder every 9 months or so, Now he's been switched to cxbladder, I told him all about it and he's more than happy to pee in a cup. great to see it being rolled out without request

Harveyp
24-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks Minerbarejet, I can only imagine, from what he's said it isn't pleasant having cystoscopy every year! Living on the North Shore, so it must be Waitemata District Health Board. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm interested to see how quickly the results come back.

Minerbarejet
24-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks Minerbarejet, I can only imagine, from what he's said it isn't pleasant having cystoscopy every year! Living on the North Shore, so it must be Waitemata District Health Board. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm interested to see how quickly the results come back.
Excellent. Thank you for replying so promptly, many of the long term holders will be grateful for this priceless bit of information as this has been an area of some concern.
Trust the results will be negative and back within the 5 days.
You have made my day and others no doubt. Many thanks.

Harveyp
24-07-2016, 04:26 PM
No Problems, I got quite excited when I saw it come out of the box myself! Pleased I could provide some positive news for you.
Harvey

Carpenterjoe
26-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Cellmid gave us more information today. They have received 94k in royalties during the last quarter, payment was made in June and was for a six month period. Worst case scenario $94000 ÷ $10 = 9400 tests carried out in a six month period.

Whitebeard
26-07-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm trying to dig around but cant find any reference to the cost Cellmid receive. How do you derive the $10 figure?

Snow Leopard
26-07-2016, 07:31 PM
The smart cookies among you would compare CDY royalties this year to last year and also PEB revenue this year to last year, adjust for foreign exchange rate movements and then go back to sleep.

Of slightly more interest:
Ship hits new Panama Canal wall, sparking design concerns (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/26/ship-hits-new-panama-canal-wall-sparking-design-concerns)

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

for year think financial year.

When the bass drops
27-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Slight surge in share price, though it may come down to the open 0.54 by day end. Low offer at 0.58 briefly. Announcement?

Balance
27-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Definition of a long term investor/shareholder - one who ignores day to week movements in share prices.

Definition of a PEB long term shareholder - one who jumps with joy at 1 cent sp increase but dismisses 50% drop in sp as the ignorant market ignoring the company's great prospects under highly experienced management with great track record of delivering on their undertakings, and who always make statements of substance with honesty and with an unwavering willingness to account and update on their statements.

Funny if it is not so sad!

PS. remember the tens of thousands of tests.

When the bass drops
27-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Definition of a long term investor/shareholder - one who ignores day to week movements in share prices.

Definition of a PEB long term shareholder - one who jumps with joy at 1 cent sp increase but dismisses 50% drop in sp as the ignorant market ignoring the company's great prospects under highly experienced management with great track record of delivering on their undertakings, and who always make statements of substance with honesty and with an unwavering willingness to account and update on their statements.

Balance, I assume you fired the barb at me. Let me clarify that I'm not jumping for joy with a 1 cent increase in sp. I merely pointed out the abnormal performance stats, in light of a quiet period with no announcements, on the NZX website.

Success for PEB is still years off, even I concede that. In fact, the price in my opinion is likely to fall well below 50c again before it takes off.

Thank you good sir. Do yourself a favour and get on board!!

Balance
27-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Balance, I assume you fired the barb at me. Let me clarify that I'm not jumping for joy with a 1 cent increase in sp. I merely pointed out the abnormal performance stats, in light of a quiet period with no announcements, on the NZX website.

Success for PEB is still years off, even I concede that. In fact, the price in my opinion is likely to fall well below 50c again before it takes off.

Thank you good sir. Do yourself a favour and get on board!!

That would be too obvious - to fire a barb at your good self!

Nope - simply making an observation.

Carpenterjoe
27-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Sorry about the delay WB,

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20141010/pdf/42ssx9xxh3lxym.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiRmOuKkJPOAhVBwpQKHRlvDEQQFggmMAQ&usg=AFQjCNG52pp_64xc2LiIEyUZGtmLHUNJxQ&sig2=o4gUjeUBx4mNWk_vAm8LKQ

Page 11.

pierre
27-07-2016, 08:11 PM

I was sorely tempted to propose a definition of a long term pain in the a**e.

However, good taste, good manners and the desire to maintain decorum and avoid confrontation on ST preclude me from doing so.

Not a barb aimed at anyone - simply making an observation.

RupertBear
27-07-2016, 08:52 PM

unfortunately you have summed up my position to a tee.

I do feel a glimmer of hope when the share price increases by 1 cent because I have lost over 50% of what I stupidly paid for this dog. Everyday I am tempted to sell up and take the loss but then think maybe just maybe it will go up. Duh.

I also have the misfortune of owning GeoOp and Snakk Media. Oh and Wynyard. What a looser. Some days I could cry.

Balance
27-07-2016, 09:58 PM

I do feel a glimmer of hope when the share price increases by 1 cent because I have lost over 50% of what I stupidly paid for this dog. Everyday I am tempted to sell up and take the loss but then think maybe just maybe it will go up. Duh.

I also have the misfortune of owning GeoOp and Snakk Media. Oh and Wynyard. What a looser. Some days I could cry.

Don't be so harsh on yourself, RB.

Been there and done there me-self in my early years of investing so am endeavoring to pass on useful lessons (hopefully) from my bitter and losing experiences.

Still get sucked into the occasional one but these days, I have learnt to cut my losses and let my profits run.

Have top keep a close eye on what management asserts and follow their assertions against actual performances. Big giveaways are changing measurement goal posts, going back on commitments and above all, refusing to account for performances - but giving every reason under the sun and moon for why the 'best' is just around the corner while asking for more money (again!).

Those who perform (SCL, TIL and THL), I stay with them.

Those who do not perform (PEB & SEA), I cut and reinvest with those who perform.

As usual, DYOR.

RGR367
27-07-2016, 10:09 PM

I'm glad you did not mention RAKON for I would have cried with you if you had :scared:

disc: not a PEB holder

Balance
27-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm glad you did not mention RAKON for I would have cried with you if you had :scared:

Yup - lost a few dollars with this dog but happy to say I cut and run when the directors came out with their usual excuses when the turnaround stalled. At least they did not ask for more capital but they did award themselves performance bonuses for the stalled turnaround. Alarm bells were ringing.

RupertBear
27-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Don't be so harsh on yourself, RB.

Been there and done there me-self in my early years of investing so am endeavoring to pass on my bitter and losing experiences.

Still get sucked into the occasional one but these days, I have learnt to cut my losses and let my profits run.

Have top keep a close eye on what management asserts and follow their assertions against actual performances. Big giveaways are changing measurement goal posts, going back on commitments and above all, refusing to account for performances - but giving every reason under the sun and moon for why the 'best' is just around the corner while asking for more money (again!).

Those who perform (SCL, TIL and THL), I stay with them.

Those who do not perform (PEB & SEA), I cut and reinvest with those who perform.

As usual, DYOR.

Thanks Balance

Yep watching those shares go down and down and not selling them was a big mistake. As a newbie investor I didnt really know whether to cut my losses or hold on and hopefully ride it out. Never again! I have definitely learned some valuable lessons from this. I think it is definitely time to cut my losses and start afresh.

Thankfully I do hold some FPH, SCL and TIL but not THL so I will do some research and reinvest in one or more of them instead.

cheers

RupertBear
27-07-2016, 10:32 PM

Oh thankfully I dont have any RAKON but that is probably good luck rather than good management! But I am living and learning! :)

OldGuy
28-07-2016, 10:56 AM

Could be worse. I was wooed into this stock by the "tens of thousands of tests" remark (and the momentum spike caused by it) only to exit 18 months later for a 65% loss.... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Lesson learned!!

Balance
28-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Could be worse. I was wooed into this stock by the "tens of thousands of tests" remark (and the momentum spike caused by it) only to exit 18 months later for a 65% loss.... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Lesson learned!!

There will be the odd one which turns around and then, performs like crazy.

But there's always time to jump on board if and when the sustainable turnaround or business really takes off.

Always remember Diligent - from $1.00 IPO down to 12c, and then all the way to $8.00 at one stage before being taken over at $7.40.

From 12c to say, $2.00 - there were opportunities aplenty to buy off the traders and short termers.

The point is that there is little merit in staying with a stock which has failed to deliver time and again with the same management.

Carpenterjoe
28-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Lesson learned!!

Must be time to buy back in. I'm thinking they are circa 20000 per year and growing. When, if and how much they get paid for these tests is up to the big boys to negotiate.

OldGuy
28-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Must be time to buy back in. I'm thinking they are circa 20000 per year and growing. When, if and how much they get paid for these tests is up to the big boys to negotiate.

20,000 what? Certainly not 20,000 paid tests

Either way, there is absolutely zero chance that I will ever invest in this again. Rather throw my money away.

couta1
28-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Welcome back from Siberia Old Guy, not much action with Peb but plenty on the Aircoaster.

NT001
28-07-2016, 12:32 PM
I like biotech stocks despite the risks. Got bored with blue chips and dividends and tax paperwork some years ago, so bought into a few companies like Botry Zen (a failure), PEB (disappointing so far) and SEA (will probably sell these at a loss). I see PEB as having the potential to turn around quite quickly and with just a moderate investment I'll stick with it.

And patience can bring rewards. I'm doing very nicely with ATM thank you, and also BLT which has suddenly come to life. So overall I'm in the green, and have the satisfaction of knowing I've helped NZ biotech startups, which we do need to encourage.

From my reading about the US cancer research sector it seems to me PEB could be a takeover target, because of its IP rather than its current commercial performance obviously. It is the custodian of a lot of IP developed by Otago University, and I wonder if the University still has any hold over this IP that might restrict PEB's options in that regard.

kiwidollabill
28-07-2016, 12:49 PM
I like biotech stocks despite the risks. Got bored with blue chips and dividends and tax paperwork some years ago, so bought into a few companies like Botry Zen (a failure), PEB (disappointing so far) and SEA (will probably sell these at a loss). I see PEB as having the potential to turn around quite quickly and with just a moderate investment I'll stick with it.

And patience can bring rewards. I'm doing very nicely with ATM thank you, and also BLT which has suddenly come to life. So overall I'm in the green, and have the satisfaction of knowing I've helped NZ biotech startups, which we do need to encourage.

From my reading about the US cancer research sector it seems to me PEB could be a takeover target, because of its IP rather than its current commercial performance obviously. It is the custodian of a lot of IP developed by Otago University, and I wonder if the University still has any hold over this IP that might restrict PEB's options in that regard.

"Pacific Edge also has immediate and perpetual access to any cancer intellectual property emerging from the University of Otago’s Cancer Genetics Laboratory. This relationship has been in place from when Pacific Edge was formed in 2001. This represents a significant future asset."

http://www.pacificedgedx.com/company/intellectual-property/

Biscuit
28-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Never again! I have definitely learned some valuable lessons from this. I think it is definitely time to cut my losses and start afresh.

3 out 4 of the first shares I bought went bust, and I still held 2 of them when they folded while the CEO of one (Poly Peck) fled the country and the managers of the other (Parkfield) bought out all the best parts of the company. Have never forgotten that: don't ever trust the smooth-talking clever dicks.

Carpenterjoe
28-07-2016, 01:39 PM
20,000 what? Certainly not 20,000 paid tests

Either way, there is absolutely zero chance that I will ever invest in this again. Rather throw my money away.

Yes, I believe they are approaching or circa 20000 tests per year, its impossible for me to split paid and unpaid. This is completely based off the royalties information cellmid have supplied. I think cashflows will be impacted by one off payments from medicare/insurers, I have little evidence to support this, except comparing to other diagnostic companies i.e. MDXhealth.

Shareholders have a lot of possibilities.

No doubt about it. high risk, high reward. I am a comfortable investor atm and even when the next capital raising comes.

OldGuy
28-07-2016, 01:51 PM
3 out 4 of the first shares I bought went bust, and I still held 2 of them when they folded while the CEO of one (Poly Peck) fled the country and the managers of the other (Parkfield) bought out all the best parts of the company. Have never forgotten that: don't ever trust the smooth-talking clever dicks.

Well PEB certainly aren't smooth talking, so maybe it's not all bad :)

Has David learnt to dress himself like an adult yet?

Biscuit
28-07-2016, 02:05 PM
"Pacific Edge also has immediate and perpetual access to any cancer intellectual property emerging from the University of Otago’s Cancer Genetics Laboratory."

Sounds good ..... but what does it actually mean?

kiwidollabill
28-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Sounds good ..... but what does it actually mean?

In all honesty..... its worth less than you may think. The research output resulting in commercialisation of CXbladder is 15+ years old. Good group and researchers but don't know if they will set the world on fire. Other cancer groups around the world have a hell of a alot more resources at their disposal than lil old UoO.

Biscuit
28-07-2016, 03:16 PM
In all honesty..... its worth less than you may think. The research output resulting in commercialisation of CXbladder is 15+ years old. Good group and researchers but don't know if they will set the world on fire. Other cancer groups around the world have a hell of a alot more resources at their disposal than lil old UoO.

Yes, although its probably not worth less than I think. A very tiny percentage of university research leads to anything commercial at all and the statement that "This represents a significant future asset" is not a conservative statement of fact or even really true at all.

Whitebeard
28-07-2016, 03:45 PM
New Youtube videos showing what to do with the test. The comments mentions all 3 tests, Triage, Detect and Monitor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvyA_d0lSjM

Another worthwhile vid to watch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWxw5ywP-c
This one has two well qualified Urologists from California and New Jersey that are worth googling.

Balance
28-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Yes, I believe they are approaching or circa 20000 tests per year, its impossible for me to split paid and unpaid. This is completely based off the royalties information cellmid have supplied. I think cashflows will be impacted by one off payments from medicare/insurers, I have little evidence to support this, except comparing to other diagnostic companies i.e. MDXhealth.

Shareholders have a lot of possibilities.

No doubt about it. high risk, high reward. I am a comfortable investor atm and even when the next capital raising comes.

It is coming, fear not.

Oct 2014 : PEB - Edison's 'On the Edge Of Glory' sales forecast $14.4m for FY16.

Aug 2015 : PEB - Edison's 'Rights issue etc etc ' sales forecast for FY16 downgraded to $8.4m.

May 2016 : Actual sales $6.4m.

Get the drift?

Balance
29-07-2016, 12:55 PM
RM Research on Cellmid :

"PEB expects smooth reimbursememnt process in US."

"According to PEB, total supported price for CxBladder is expected to be approximately US$786 per test."

"Using conservative etc etc, we estimate PEB to generate revenue of $47,943,401 in FY2016."

You can understand why PEB is keeping so quiet about actual numbers, preferring to continue to talk about market potential in the tens of millions of tests!

When the bass drops
29-07-2016, 01:27 PM
RM Research on Cellmid :

"PEB expects smooth reimbursememnt process in US."

"According to PEB, total supported price for CxBladder is expected to be approximately US$786 per test."

"Using conservative etc etc, we estimate PEB to generate revenue of $47,943,401 in FY2016."

You can understand why PEB is keeping so quiet about actual numbers, preferring to continue to talk about market potential in the tens of millions of tests!

I doubt they are going to become a failed penny stock Balance, if that's your prediction. I do think they may need to freshen up management at some point, but not while things are in motion and the key things are being worked through. We'll leave that to the Board.

Balance
29-07-2016, 01:41 PM
I doubt they are going to become a failed penny stock Balance, if that's your prediction. I do think they may need to freshen up management at some point, but not while things are in motion and the key things are being worked through. We'll leave that to the Board.

Eh? The management and Board has been at it now for how many years?

All the hallmarks of a stock heading towards penny status - lofty forecasts and expectations to get punters hot and excited, raise the capital and burn the cash. PEB must have borrowed several pages off WDT's book on capital raising?

And what is there to show for all that cash burn? Results which are not within a bull's roar of the lofty forecasts and expectations.

PEB needs to re strategize and bring in fresh management and ideas.

If you want an example, have a look at Cavalier.

When the bass drops
29-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Eh? The management and Board has been at it now for how many years?

All the hallmarks of a stock heading towards penny status - lofty forecasts and expectations to get punters hot and excited, raise the capital and burn the cash. PEB must have borrowed several pages off WDT's book on capital raising?

And what is there to show for all that cash burn? Results which are not within a bull's roar of the lofty forecasts and expectations.

PEB needs to re strategize and bring in fresh management and ideas.

If you want an example, have a look at Cavalier.

WDT maybe not the best comparison to PEB, as WDT have always been at penny levels reaching as high as 23 cents from memory a number of years ago. From all accounts WDT is a far riskier stock and yes, arguably they are penny status. I don't think WDT has a knockout product (though it is good), whereas PEB does. Balance, even though we are diametrically opposed on PEB, its always good to hear your views.

Balance
29-07-2016, 07:30 PM
WDT maybe not the best comparison to PEB, as WDT have always been at penny levels reaching as high as 23 cents from memory a number of years ago. From all accounts WDT is a far riskier stock and yes, arguably they are penny status. I don't think WDT has a knockout product (though it is good), whereas PEB does. Balance, even though we are diametrically opposed on PEB, its always good to hear your views.

Good attitude, Wtbd - you will go far.

Look at a long term chart and you will see that WDT has been over 50c - in fact, adjusted for the numerous capital raisings the company has done over the years, the adjusted sp in the early 2000s was close to $10.00 !

Point being that WDT believed it had/has a knockout product (revolutionary was how Ross Green described it in many a capital raising presentation) and was able to persuade investors (including many an institution) to put in more capital:

- year after year,

- decade after decade and

- millions after millions.

Sounding familiar?

Lewylewylewy
30-07-2016, 08:51 AM
I think they do have an amazing product. Imagine if you were suspected of cancer and offered a test which takes a week and it's invasive. Then you're told that the test is can't accurately detect everything and you can do a quick pee test to detect the rest for a few hundred bucks... I know what I'd do.

PEB have different difficulties, which are unique to the industry they operate in. The people who want their product don't know about their products (patients). They can't directly market their product and the industry is too niche to do blanket advertising. Their only sales channel is through doctors, who may not care (because they're OK with the current high detection rate, swamped by sales of other products or to much other new info, or are demotivated from dealing with Joe Public for years) or just forget about the product. Then there's the government sector to deal with, which will always make everything harder.

In my view, these things take time and have a high risk of stalling or failure. I hope they manage to navigate their way through the BS healthcare systems that every country seems to have.

Disc: healthcare background experience, not currently a holder but may buy in after the sale of my rental property (if it sells).

pierre
03-08-2016, 03:19 PM
PEB annual meeting on August 25 - and we can attend online. There's often an announcement from PEB to stir the market prior to their meetings. Let's hope they have some good news for us this time like the other Dunedin Uni spin-off - BLT.

I know this will provoke the usual negativity from the usual suspects on ST but - as BLT (and Mainland Cheese) have proved - good things often take time. Maybe it's just the cold in Dunedin that slows everyone down a bit!

Santiago
03-08-2016, 03:58 PM
PEB annual meeting on August 25 - and we can attend online. There's often an announcement from PEB to stir the market prior to their meetings. Let's hope they have some good news for us this time like the other Dunedin Uni spin-off - BLT.

I know this will provoke the usual negativity from the usual suspects on ST but - as BLT (and Mainland Chees) have proved - good things often take time. Maybe it's just the cold in Dunedin that slows everyone down a bit!

Or maybe it'll be another poorly run and executed shoddy affair, the Chair giving his confusing (and later proved to be misleading) presentation with his fly down, DD trying to gee everyone up dressed like a member of the Wiggles, some hype beforehand that actually is just a re-hash of something they already announced ("Pacific Edge announce that they will soon start distributing their CxBladder suite of products in Spain, country with a high incidence of bladder cancer..."). As is so often the case in life, past performance is a pretty good indication of future performance. I hope I'm wrong, but really, unless they change the management and governance of this outfit, history will most likely repeat...

Apologies for negativity...

pierre
03-08-2016, 04:58 PM

No need to apologise - inevitably there will be plenty more to come from others too.

Past performance is not always an indication of the future, as has been evidenced by the excellent news from BLT and its transition from many years of losses and false starts.

PEB may not yet be quite that far along the path to profitability but it will be interesting to see exactly how much progress has been made. The goal line may stilI be a little way off but I doubt that the company has gone backwards

Minerbarejet
03-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Or maybe it'll be another poorly run and executed shoddy affair, the Chair giving his confusing (and later proved to be misleading) presentation with his fly down, DD trying to gee everyone up dressed like a member of the Wiggles, some hype beforehand that actually is just a re-hash of something they already announced ("Pacific Edge announce that they will soon start distributing their CxBladder suite of products in Spain, country with a high incidence of bladder cancer..."). As is so often the case in life, past performance is a pretty good indication of future performance. I hope I'm wrong, but really, unless they change the management and governance of this outfit, history will most likely repeat...

You could be right with your "Press Release". Spain has been waiting for monitor to be released all the way along.

Balance
04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
You could be right with your "Press Release". Spain has been waiting for monitor to be released all the way along.

Yup - let's do the time warp again!

PEB: Oryzon to market Cxbladder in Spain and Portugal
24 May 2011 10.06 AM

NZX ANNOUNCEMENT 24th MAY 2011

ORYZON TO MARKET PACIFIC EDGE NOVEL DIAGNOSTIC Cxbladder IN SPAIN & PORTUGAL

Pacific Edge Limited and Spanish company Oryzon S.A (Oryzon) have signed an
exclusive license agreement to market Pacific Edge''s (PE) novel diagnostic
test for the detection of bladder cancer, Cxbladder in Spain and Portugal.

Balance
05-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Found the excuse that PEB needs for its next capital raising :

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0131889

kiwidollabill
11-08-2016, 04:03 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11691127

Surprised no-one has jumped on this, PEB owns any future IP from the lab remember.....

pierre
11-08-2016, 04:20 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11691127

Surprised no-one has jumped on this, PEB owns any future IP from the lab remember.....

Sounds like great news for breast cancer sufferers - and as you indicate - potentially good news for PEB and its shareholders.

Like most things in this arena though (and with PEB) I guess it will take time for the benefits to flow through for either of the groups.

Still, it's certainly not bad news - and interesting (coincidental?) that it's released a couple of weeks ahead of the AGM. I wonder what else is to come?

barney
15-08-2016, 08:20 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11693602

Bing
15-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Sound like there might be a cxBladder 2.0 in the works that is even more accurate than the original. Perhaps it is the competition that's looking nervously at Pacific Edge and not the other way around.

When the bass drops
16-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Sound like there might be a cxBladder 2.0 in the works that is even more accurate than the original. Perhaps it is the competition that's looking nervously at Pacific Edge and not the other way around.

Hey Bing, is there any correspondence around that hints at a 2.0, or is this recent anecdotal around the traps? If this is the case, that's exciting.

OldGuy
16-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Sorry? They've started spending money on a new test when they haven't yet managed to make any real commercial progress with the first. Scary stuff.

When the bass drops
16-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Sorry? They've started spending money on a new test when they haven't yet managed to make any real commercial progress with the first. Scary stuff.

Are you aware of any correspondence for this? Its all very well taking a slant on this without something verifiably solid coming out of the company.

Bing
16-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Hey Bing, is there any correspondence around that hints at a 2.0, or is this recent anecdotal around the traps? If this is the case, that's exciting.

On Pacific Edge's Facebook page they refer to the NZ Herald article featuring "Pacific Edge's Chief Scientist, Parry Guilford". The article specifically mentions how the new method Guilford has discovered improves sensitivity in bladder cancer so I drew my conclusion from that. I guess we will find out in due course if I'm correct or not. At any rate good news for cancer sufferers.

Bing
16-08-2016, 12:25 PM

The article says he use a million dollar three year grant so I guess PEB did not have to spend much.

pierre
16-08-2016, 12:39 PM

Jumping to conclusions can be scary stuff too.

Check the link in post #14864. It doesn't even mention PEB, let alone them spending money on anything.

What it does say is that Parry Guilford appears to be on to something positive cancer-wise using Health Research Council funding.

The article does not mention that Parry Guilford is a member of the PEB Scientific Advisory Board. It does say though: "Guilford, director of Otago University's Centre for Translational Cancer Research....."

See this also, from the PEB web site:

"Pacific Edge also has immediate and perpetual access to any cancer intellectual property emerging from the University of Otago’s Cancer Genetics Laboratory. This relationship has been in place from when Pacific Edge was formed in 2001. This represents a significant future asset."

What I don't know is whether Otago Uni's Cancer Genetics Lab and their Centre for Translational Cancer Research are one and the same - or not.

Anyway, it will do PEB no harm having access to Professor Guilford's knowledge and potentially to his discovery.

skid
16-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Hows that KP test results going?----quote--

The User Program research is scheduled to begin later this year with results completed in early 2015.(from 2014)

Bing
16-08-2016, 02:02 PM
You can read more about the new test on the Otago University's Centre for Translational Cancer Research website: http://www.otago.ac.nz/ctcr/research/otago051287.html

"Compared to existing technologies which analyse whole urine samples, this approach has the potential to achieve exceptional accuracy."

Pacific Edge features prominently on the page under the heading "Getting a new diagnostic tool into the market".

Sounds good to me!

As we know however, things move slowly in the medical world. Guilford is still only writing up the study results which then still have to be peer reviewed and published and health bodies approvals sought etc. etc. so I'm not expecting anything for a good while.

It's exiting to know that innovations are happening which should keep PEB at the front of the pack.

Disc.: opinions and conclusions are all my own.

Bing
16-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Hows that KP test results going?----quote--

The User Program research is scheduled to begin later this year with results completed in early 2015.(from 2014)

As you well know Skid they updated the market to say that the test was delayed due to the initial difficulties in getting patients registered. The test is expected to be concluded late this year. Is it PEB's fault that KP had difficulties in getting patients registered?

pierre
16-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks Bing

This too from the Otago Magazine link from the Uni web site:

"Pacific Edge’s chief scientific officer, University of Otago Professor Parry Guilford, is one of the founders of the company and a key scientist behind much of the discovery of the company’s products.

Guilford, who also serves as director of the University of Otago’s Centre for Translational Cancer Research and director of Cancer Genetics Laboratory (CGL), says the relationship between the company and the University is mutually rewarding."

skid
17-08-2016, 02:37 AM
As you well know Skid they updated the market to say that the test was delayed due to the initial difficulties in getting patients registered. The test is expected to be concluded late this year. Is it PEB's fault that KP had difficulties in getting patients registered?

Its never PEBs fault:)---You certainly need to have patients in this game(if you get my drift):):):)

TideMan
17-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Having just suffered a prostate biopsy followed by 2 weeks of unpleasant after-effects, I wonder if the cx-bladder technology could not be applied to detecting prostate cancer? Testing the semen perhaps.

When the bass drops
24-08-2016, 11:12 AM
This can only be another good step in the right direction. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/242108.pdf

cammo
24-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Prostate cancer is quite unusual. They reckon that most guys over 80 yrs pretty much all have it to some degree. Most 70 yr old ones they won't touch because it won't be what kills you. Unless it's a super aggressive type. Two of dads mates had theirs whipped out and relearned how to pee like ladies.....both have a new woman on the scene so function can't be all bad. Just no pump pump pump...the mental O is still retained in a lot of cases. If it's dodgy and you still got wick to burn, get it whipped out. It's not an essential organ, like titties - if they done their job, off they go!

trader_jackson
24-08-2016, 04:02 PM
This can only be another good step in the right direction. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/242108.pdf

Certainly not a bad thing!

Anyone going to the meeting 4pm tomorrow?

Minerbarejet
24-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Certainly not a bad thing!

Anyone going to the meeting 4pm tomorrow?
Not a bad thing at all.
And the really good news is it is for Tests which means all three different types to me.

Balance
25-08-2016, 05:22 PM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/242232.pdf

Still talking about millions of test opportunity, right strategy to achieve commercial success (how many years now into the process?), and this is the best part : "We are now transitioning from the development phase to the execution phase of our journey."

Not one single solid number or affirmation!

A lot of excitement however - "We are excited about where our company is heading and what we are now achieving."

I smell another capital raising within the next 6 months.

Snow Leopard
25-08-2016, 05:37 PM

Still talking about millions of test opportunity, right strategy to achieve commercial success (how many years now into the process?), and this is the best part : "We are now transitioning from the development phase to the execution phase of our journey."

Not one single solid number or affirmation!

A lot of excitement however - "We are excited about where our company is heading and what we are now achieving."

My favourite is

"We set goals that stretch and challenge us"

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Balance
25-08-2016, 05:43 PM
My favourite is

"We set goals that stretch and challenge us"

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Haha - so we assume that Chris resigned because the stretch towards 'tens of thousands' is too much of a challenge?

winner69
25-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Plenty of 'opportunities' ....here, there and anywhere (opportunity mentioned 15 times)

Balance
25-08-2016, 09:48 PM
How can you not love this company's repetitive regurgitation of enthusiastic pronouncements about excitement and opportunities?

Aug 2016 - "Pacific Edge is debt free and had cash on hand at year-end of $24.16 million from which we will continue to fund our growth strategy."
Aug 2014 - "Pacific Edge held cash and equivalents of $20.4 million, up from $10.7 million the year earlier. The Company is debt free. Sufficient funds are in place to support the Company's planned development and growth strategy."

***** Rights issue announced in May 2015 *****

Aug 2016 - "We are now transitioning from the development phase to the execution phase of our journey."
Aug 2014 - "We have now started on our commercial journey. This is an exciting time for our Company as we start to build the commercial
side of our business."

****** Commercial business now redefined to development phase ********

"We’ve taken on the big guys…..and we’re winning." Chris Swann assessment August 2016

****** If this is winning, Heavens forbid if they are losing! ********

RTM
25-08-2016, 09:58 PM

They say they are debt free, have $24.1mil in cash, and lost 15.4mil in 2016. So shouldn't this get them through another 18 months or so before they need more cash ? And by then with luck they should have more income as well ? Or is this way to simplistic ?

RTM

Balance
25-08-2016, 11:04 PM
They say they are debt free, have $24.1mil in cash, and lost 15.4mil in 2016. So shouldn't this get them through another 18 months or so before they need more cash ? And by then with luck they should have more income as well ? Or is this way to simplistic ?

RTM

Aug 2014 - "Pacific Edge held cash and equivalents of $20.4 million, up from $10.7 million the year earlier. The Company is debt free. Sufficient funds are in place to support the Company's planned development and growth strategy."

May 2015 - Capital Raising & Rights issue announced.

winner69
12-09-2016, 02:59 PM
I see PEB is in +ve territory down when almost everything is down

That's a good show of support

Balance
13-09-2016, 10:10 AM
I see PEB is in +ve territory down when almost everything is down

That's a good show of support

Institutions who underwrote the last rights issue despeartely trying to hold sp up until next capital raising.

Cash level in PEB must be getting down to worrisome level now, and AGM comments provide zero comfort that sales are actually taking off - 'We are now transitioning from the development phase to the execution phase of our journey'. ��

One heck of a long transition!

When the bass drops
13-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Institutions who underwrote the last rights issue despeartely trying to hold sp up until next capital raising.

Cash level in PEB must be getting down to worrisome level now, and AGM comments provide zero comfort that sales are actually taking off - 'We are now transitioning from the development phase to the execution phase of our journey'. ��

One heck of a long transition!

Balance, that's good isn't it. The execution phase does hint at them being further on than before. Come on board the train and let's go!

Balance
13-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Balance, that's good isn't it. The execution phase does hint at them being further on than before. Come on board the train and let's go!

Not as good as this in August 2014 : "We have now started on our commercial journey. This is an exciting time for our Company as we start to build the commercial side of our business."

But the sp then was 98 cents so now they have moved to the execution phase, will the sp go down by two thirds instead of half! ��

Carpenterjoe
18-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Interesting comparison of cancer survival rates between Nz and Australia. Kiwi doctors are not doing so well, especially with bladder cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4777383/

winner69
19-09-2016, 10:50 AM
PEB share price doing what it did this time last year - heading to the 30's

Seems to be a seasonal thing

When the bass drops
19-09-2016, 11:16 AM

The usual suspects see a trend at this time of the year of where the price is going, as an indication of company failure.

Seems to be a seasonal thing.

Leftfield
19-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Bit if a down ramp? Hardly enough volume to substantiate this.

Snow Leopard
19-09-2016, 11:41 AM

I disagree - you are being too short sighted winner69!

It has been going down year in year out since the beginning of 2014.

Until such time as positive profits or cash flow look probable then the big downtrend is likely to continue in my opinion.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

winner69
19-09-2016, 02:02 PM
The usual suspects see a trend at this time of the year of where the price is going, as an indication of company failure.

Seems to be a seasonal thing.

Full moon at the moment -that could be the reason

Leftfield
22-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Good news today from NZ and nice to see PEB strengthening its home market....however holders would no doubt prefer similar news ex USA...

"Cancer diagnostics company, Pacific Edge (NZX:PEB) has advised that its Cxbladder diagnostics tests have been approved for reimbursement by a second major health insurance provider, nib Health Insurance in New Zealand.

David Darling, CEO of Pacific Edge, said: “We are seeing a groundswell in terms of uptake in the New Zealand market by both private and public healthcare providers. The increase in coverage by insurance providers complements the recognition Cxbladder is receiving in the public healthcare sector, as seen with the recent commercial agreement with Canterbury District Health Board.
“Our goal is to provide all New Zealanders with access to Cxbladder, whether it be through the private or public health system. We are looking to bring on other private insurance providers and expand the access already available through some District Health Boards.”

When the bass drops
22-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Good news today from NZ and nice to see PEB strengthening its home market....however holders would no doubt prefer similar news ex USA...

"Cancer diagnostics company, Pacific Edge (NZX:PEB) has advised that its Cxbladder diagnostics tests have been approved for reimbursement by a second major health insurance provider, nib Health Insurance in New Zealand.

David Darling, CEO of Pacific Edge, said: “We are seeing a groundswell in terms of uptake in the New Zealand market by both private and public healthcare providers. The increase in coverage by insurance providers complements the recognition Cxbladder is receiving in the public healthcare sector, as seen with the recent commercial agreement with Canterbury District Health Board.
“Our goal is to provide all New Zealanders with access to Cxbladder, whether it be through the private or public health system. We are looking to bring on other private insurance providers and expand the access already available through some District Health Boards.”

Ticking off the milestones bit by bit (albeit small in this case). Good news.

Carpenterjoe
25-09-2016, 02:52 PM
New price point perhaps?

http://fertility-for-men.myshopify.com/products/cx-bladder-cancer-test-for-patients

RTM
26-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Received below from PEB today....

Pacific Edge and Cxbladder in USA Today
This past*weekend in the US, Pacific Edge and Cxbladder*featured in a publication*titled "The Fight Against Cancer", which was included in over 450,000 issues of the USA Today in selected states, reaching some 1.3 million readers.
The campaign saw us uniting with likeminded industry leaders and advocates to provide the most recent information and resources available to inform, prevent and treat cancer in the 21st century.
We are proud to be featured amongst this leading group of experts and luminaries, who have shared their personal experiences, innovative technologies, research and cancer awareness efforts.
A key opinion leader, Dr Neal Shore, Medical Director of Carolina Urologic Research Center, wrote about urine's role in bladder cancer management. Read his full editorial here:*http://www.futureofpersonalhealth.com/prevention-and-treatment/urines-role-in-bladder-cancer-management
A full page Cxbladder advertisement*featured next to Dr Shore's article, along with information about online patient community, bladdercancer.me
For the full campaign online, visit: www.futureofpersonalhealth.com

slack
30-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Some mention of PEB in the CDY annual report (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160929/pdf/43bl3y3q2133v2.pdf) out last night, from page 8:

Pacific Edge increased its operating revenue from $1.9 million in 2015 to $4.9 million in 2016 (162% increase). This growth was assisted by a number of provider agreements for Cxbladder including Veteran's Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid in the USA.

Presumably this isn't actually accurate about CMS, because we would've heard about it from PEB already, surely... right?

Leftfield
30-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Some mention of PEB in the CDY annual report (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160929/pdf/43bl3y3q2133v2.pdf) out last night, from page 8:
Presumably this isn't actually accurate about CMS, because we would've heard about it from PEB already, surely... right?

Thanks for posting, looking fwd to PEB's next update.

Balance
12-10-2016, 12:59 PM
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/cepheid-commercial-launch-of-xpert-bladder-cancer-monitor-cm691014

Interesting how new urine tests keep getting launched - so where does this place CxBladder in the overall scheme of tests out there?

Cash reserves for PEB must be down now well below 12 months cash burn - time to start talking to underwriters again?

Meister
12-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Has CMS coverage still not materialised? I got out of PEB a long time ago, but even at that time I was assuming CMS was still not that far around the corner. I would never have guessed that they still wouldn't have got the big insurance coverage in the US by now...

Schrodinger
13-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Has CMS coverage still not materialised? I got out of PEB a long time ago, but even at that time I was assuming CMS was still not that far around the corner. I would never have guessed that they still wouldn't have got the big insurance coverage in the US by now...

Dont worry this is a slick operation!

Balance
13-10-2016, 05:26 PM

Only coming up to 3 years and 2 capital raisings since CMS coverage was mentioned as imminent. Guess there will be a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage.

Dec 2013 : "Mr Swann welcomed Obamacare as ''an opportunity'', but the legislative changes meant Pacific Edge had to wait longer and make changes to gain CMS accreditation, but he hopes it will be through early in 2014".

May 2016 : "We have mobilised our expanded US sales force and are working hard to secure further opportunities including the Centre for Medicaid and Medicare Services and the completion of the Kaiser Permanente User Programme."

Aug 2016 : "We have identified the VA, Kaiser Permanente and the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid as large potential customers which could be transformational for our company and we are working closely with them".

Like the part in Aug 2016 about identifying CMS as large potential customers? ��

When the bass drops
13-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Only coming up to 3 years and 2 capital raisings since CMS coverage was mentioned as imminent. Guess there will be a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage.

Dec 2013 : "Mr Swann welcomed Obamacare as ''an opportunity'', but the legislative changes meant Pacific Edge had to wait longer and make changes to gain CMS accreditation, but he hopes it will be through early in 2014".

May 2016 : "We have mobilised our expanded US sales force and are working hard to secure further opportunities including the Centre for Medicaid and Medicare Services and the completion of the Kaiser Permanente User Programme."

Aug 2016 : "We have identified the VA, Kaiser Permanente and the Centres for Medicare and Medicaid as large potential customers which could be transformational for our company and we are working closely with them".

Like the part in Aug 2016 about identifying CMS as large potential customers? ��

Balance, its good to see you're not totally downbeat about PEB's chances of penetration into the US; making a guess that a few more capital raisings to come before they get CMS coverage isn't necessarily a bad comment - guessing that sometime in the next 2-3 years, PEB may be looking for a takeover at a heavy discount of 75c per share (or some kind of implosion) would be a vote of non-confidence in the company. As a PEB supporter, even I am of the view that they will need one more capital raising, but I'm not in doubt that good times are ahead for the company if they keep plugging away at the establishments. The company has overpromised in terms of dates to tick off milestones, which perhaps they should be criticised for given the pace that things have been happening, but I do believe the patience of long term holders (namely those genuinely interested in supporting the biotech sector) will be rewarded in the years to come.

kiwidollabill
13-10-2016, 07:19 PM
As most recent as the AGM DD has stated that there will be no more cap raises required. How will current shareholders feel when the money tin is put out again? I'm surprised they havent tried to flip the ownership to a US parent and duel list over there to try it all again.

When the bass drops
13-10-2016, 07:56 PM
As most recent as the AGM DD has stated that there will be no more cap raises required. How will current shareholders feel when the money tin is put out again? I'm surprised they havent tried to flip the ownership to a US parent and duel list over there to try it all again.

I have faith in the company, but I don't think DD should have made the bold claim of no more cap raises being needed. He may very well be correct, but I think his claim was provisional on one of the big guys, they have targeted, becoming a full-paying customer. I think they may need another 12 months worth of cash, perhaps $16m, to get to that cash flow positive level. Still have faith in the company.

Snow Leopard
13-10-2016, 08:10 PM
I have faith in the company, but I don't think DD should have made the bold claim of no more cap raises being needed. He may very well be correct, but I think his claim was provisional on one of the big guys, they have targeted, becoming a full-paying customer. I think they may need another 12 months worth of cash, perhaps $16m, to get to that cash flow positive level. Still have faith in the company.

Good to see that you can maintain your faith for the entire duration of writing a post.

I would hope that they had $14-16M cash in the bank at the end of September just gone.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

kiwidollabill
14-10-2016, 09:23 AM
When do they release the next set of financial statements? November?

winner69
14-10-2016, 09:31 AM
When do they release the next set of financial statements? November?

Sometime late November

skid
14-10-2016, 09:57 AM

man ,thats so depressing you had to say you had faith twice!

Balance
14-10-2016, 10:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E

You gotta have faith!

When the bass drops
14-10-2016, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E

You gotta have faith!

That's not PEB discussion-related Balance. That's an 80's song by George Michael. Webmaster!?

When the bass drops
14-10-2016, 11:06 AM

Oh hi skid. thanks for emerging from the woodwork. What's your latest nugget of gold on the PEB discussion?

Hectorplains
14-10-2016, 05:36 PM
That's not PEB discussion-related Balance. That's an 80's song by George Michael. Webmaster!?

Enter the humour police on the PEB thread then? Faith is the triumph of belief over reason, hardly firm grounds for an investment. It is the catch cry for perennial under achievers, the NZ Warriors too...However, each to their own, eh?

"Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard."

skid
14-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Oh hi skid. thanks for emerging from the woodwork. What's your latest nugget of gold on the PEB discussion?

Keep the faith, WBD ..nuggets of any sort are few and far betwwen these days ...Keep the faith

Ggcc
20-10-2016, 12:23 PM
I can't see the sell side moving on anz securities for peb..... anyone else have the same problem?

blobbles
20-10-2016, 12:36 PM
I can't see the sell side moving on anz securities for peb..... anyone else have the same problem?

Yep, looks all bunged up.

Good announcement from them, securing another one in the veterans space as an "Approved provider". https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/291179

But be careful, as we know, access does not always translate to sales.

Ggcc
20-10-2016, 12:39 PM
I agree blobbles. It is a great announcement. Hopefully not followed by a capital raise required haha

Schrodinger
20-10-2016, 12:50 PM
More speculators buying on hope and not reality. This company is not worth $175M+ cap.

How many are on the provider list?
How will PEB get into the buying cycles?
What has been their track record (sales) with other approved list?

trader_jackson
20-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Hmm about time we had some action... a decreasing share price (in the low 40's) has been a reflection of a worst case scenario (ie 0 sales into the worlds largest market - the US)

What was interesting is it took Mr Market nearly an hour to pick up the importance of this annoucement (alongside previous ones): that things continue to roll forward nicely

When the bass drops
20-10-2016, 01:41 PM
More speculators buying on hope and not reality. This company is not worth $175M+ cap.

How many are on the provider list?
How will PEB get into the buying cycles?
What has been their track record (sales) with other approved list?

What's it worth Schrodinger?

winner69
20-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Hmm about time we had some action... a decreasing share price (in the low 40's) has been a reflection of a worst case scenario (ie 0 sales into the worlds largest market - the US)

What was interesting is it took Mr Market nearly an hour to pick up the importance of this annoucement (alongside previous ones): that things continue to roll forward nicely

You seem super excited today t_j

Balance
20-10-2016, 04:49 PM
You seem super excited today t_j

Move 'em up and sell 'em down.

Not too far off now for the next capital raising.

When the bass drops
20-10-2016, 05:13 PM
I think the best way to look at this is PEB is gaining a presence in the US market, albeit a dripfeed, and little should be read into what the price is doing at this stage. The price could very well fall to 43c again in a week, which I'm prepared for. The share price will take care of itself (in time) in a more 'permanent' way when the sales pick up and start to track towards the region of what PEB have stated as a goal.

couta1
20-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Move 'em up and sell 'em down.

Not too far off now for the next capital raising. Sold my holding early in the year for a substantial loss but not sad I did, there has been that much window dressing going on for so long now, you can no longer see through the glass.

pierre
20-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Sold my holding early in the year for a substantial loss but not sad I did, there has been that much window dressing going on for so long now, you can no longer see through the glass.

I hate cleaning windows, so am happy to wait for it all to become clearer in about 5 weeks time when the first half results are announced.

couta1
20-10-2016, 05:50 PM
I hate cleaning windows, so am happy to wait for it all to become clearer in about 5 weeks time when the first half results are announced. I'd been hoping for the windows to become clear for about 3 years but the more time went on, the more opaque they become, so rather than waste my time cleaning them i simply removed them, all seems clear now.

pierre
20-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I'd been hoping for the windows to become clear for about 3 years but the more time went on, the more opaque they become, so rather than waste my time cleaning them i simply removed them, all seems clear now.
Good solution if you don't mind living in a draughty house. I'm happier coping with a minor chill around my portfolio total while waiting for the opacity to fade.
I did the same with BLT, that other penny dreadful spin off from Dunedin uni - and my shares in that company are now worth 3 times what I paid! I hope PEB won't take as long to come right but I'm very confident they will.

Leftfield
21-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Been a good week of news for PEB holders. Nice to hear the interview with the CEO this morning on RNZ in which he countered Balances assertion (post #14928) of imminent 'capital raising'. Still over $20 mill of funds available and burn rate reducing markedly.

Need patience with this one, but looking v promising. (Disc Holding.)

trader_jackson
21-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Nice to hear the interview with the CEO this morning on RNZ in which he countered Balances assertion (post #14928) of imminent 'capital raising'. Still over $20 mill of funds available and burn rate reducing markedly.

Surely the share price will skyrocket again today after those comments?

Still plenty of cash + efficiency improving... $20m in funds is actually quite a bit more than I thought... so probably indicates sales are beginning to pour in :t_up:

Looking forward to the update!

winner69
21-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Still plenty of cash + efficiency improving... $20m in funds is actually quite a bit more than I thought... so probably indicates sales are beginning to pour in :t_up:

Obviously costs as % sales getting lower eh t_j

That's good

trader_jackson
21-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Obviously costs as % sales getting lower eh t_j

That's good

Goes without saying ;)
I did say around this time last year "I'd give it 2 years" 1 more year to go and it seems things are really beginning to get there... with all that cash in the bank, no need to worry even if things are still a tad "slow" for another year anyway ;)
Meanwhile the agreements/coverage keep rolling in...

When the bass drops
21-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Been a good week of news for PEB holders. Nice to hear the interview with the CEO this morning on RNZ in which he countered Balances assertion (post #14928) of imminent 'capital raising'. Still over $20 mill of funds available and burn rate reducing markedly.

For anyone interested, the audio can be found at this link
http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/businessnews/audio/201820821/pacific-edge-test-approvals-bolster-outlook
(Disc Holding also)

Balance
21-10-2016, 12:19 PM

Looking forward to the update!

Eh - the $20m he mentioned was as at 31 March 2016.

Company burned through $19m of cash in the year to 31 March 2016. Christmas is only 2 months away and then, it's 3 months to 31 March 2017.

Prudent 'commercializing' companies do not operate without a year of cashburn in reserves.

Like his excited comments though - transformative, millions of tests opportunities etc etc.

Ramp 'em up and sell 'em down.

JohnnyTheHorse
21-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Those who have followed PEB for a while know that management have made a lot of very encouraging comments over the years. None of them ever came to fruition. No reason to believe them until they start getting some real runs on the board.

Disc: Don't hold. Not a disgruntled ex shareholder - I made a heap of cash out of these guys. Hope they succeed, but no way I'd invest in them currently.

Balance
21-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Note that the $20m was as at 31 March 2016 - 7 months ago.

Now probably down to $8m.

winner69
21-10-2016, 01:01 PM

Hey Balance - David did sound super excited didn't he

Enthusiasm goes a long way in turning transformation customers into cash

pierre
21-10-2016, 01:11 PM

Just for the sake of accuracy - David Darling stated in the RNZ interview that their cash on hand at 31 March was $24 million. So probably not down to $8m now.

GTM 3442
21-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Just for the sake of accuracy - David Darling stated in the RNZ interview that their cash on hand at 31 March was $24 million. So probably not down to $8m now.

So that would push the capital raising out to when?

trader_jackson
22-10-2016, 07:29 PM
So that would push the capital raising out to when?

Going by current cash burn rate, and we'll make the completely illogical assumption that sales have not increased at all, then Pacific Edge won't need to think about cash until around August 2017 :t_up:.

It is certainly not at $8m right now

When the bass drops
24-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Should we expect the next Edison commentary at some point?

When the bass drops
25-10-2016, 02:41 PM
More good news. Slowly but surely. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/246611.pdf

trader_jackson
25-10-2016, 02:47 PM
It all adds up!

Still waiting for the big one, hopefully get an update on this shortly.

pierre
25-10-2016, 04:02 PM
It all adds up!

Still waiting for the big one, hopefully get an update on this shortly.

These little bits of good news certainly do add up and reassure us that PEB is continuing to head in the right direction but, yes, it's the results of the KP trial and CMS approval that will be the confirmation we really want.

Might be 2017 before we get them though, so more patience required before more patients can get the benefit of this great technology.

In the meantime, a few more dollars will be dropping into the PEB tin. Hopefully, that will save us and some cynical non-holders on here from having to worry too much on our behalf about the next cap raising.

I'm looking forward to the half year report and I guess that's only a little over 4 weeks away....

trader_jackson
25-10-2016, 09:40 PM
https://lancewiggs.com/2016/10/25/what-can-we-learn-from-wynyards-voluntary-administration/

That graph interested me and I thought I would do a quick think what PEB's would look like...
(along side my forecast which hopefully I will be able to revise upward dramatically after a soon to be released update ;), ignore the yellow, this is the parts I filled in)

winner69
25-10-2016, 09:52 PM
https://lancewiggs.com/2016/10/25/what-can-we-learn-from-wynyards-voluntary-administration/

That graph interested me and I thought I would do a quick think what PEB's would look like...
(along side my forecast which hopefully I will be able to revise upward dramatically after a soon to be released update ;), ignore the yellow, this is the parts I filled in)

Good stuff t_j

Wayne (one of Mrs Kerr's children) hopes your revenues forecast is about right - chart will look a bit sad otherwise.

PS, if you are optimistic wouldn't it be better to express expenses as a % of revenues - get below 100% and its profit time

Balance
28-10-2016, 11:47 AM
More good news. Slowly but surely. https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/246611.pdf

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/246942.pdf

"We are still in the early stages of our journey ..."

"Pacific Edge is in an early stage of its commercialization ..."

As clear an indication that the next capital raising is around the corner. :D

artemis
28-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Reckon a buyout is on the cards at some stage. The following about one company buying up biotechs is from Fortune's new health related newsletter. (Free to subscribe from Fortune site.)

"Allergan continues its string of biotech buyouts. Allergan chief Brent Saunders seems like he's determined to single-handedly snatch up every biotech in the country. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration—he has an established strategy of buying firms with late-stage products armed with solid clinical trial data and blockbuster potential. And he's done it again, striking a $247 million deal to gain a gut drug the company thinks could bring in massive sales, according to John Carroll. Not all analysts have been enamored with Saunders' strategy, though. Allergan raised some eyebrows when it paid a spectacular premium to purchase Tobira, which has an experimental liver disease drug."

pierre
28-10-2016, 12:19 PM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/246942.pdf

"We are still in the early stages of our journey ..."

"Pacific Edge is in an early stage of its commercialization ..."

As clear an indication that the next capital raising is around the corner. :D

It's easy to be selective in what you quote:

"Our revenue and number of tests run in our laboratories continue to grow"

"We remain focused on achieving our financial milestone of $100 million in revenue"

"We are pleased with the growing adoption of Cxbladder and have seen a groundswell of uptake by both private and public funders"

Neither your quotes, nor mine, necessarily imply or deny another capital raising, but I do understand your frequently offered cynicism.

Balance
28-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Reckon a buyout is on the cards at some stage. The following about one company buying up biotechs is from Fortune's new health related newsletter. (Free to subscribe from Fortune site.)

"Allergan continues its string of biotech buyouts. Allergan chief Brent Saunders seems like he's determined to single-handedly snatch up every biotech in the country. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration—he has an established strategy of buying firms with late-stage products armed with solid clinical trial data and blockbuster potential. And he's done it again, striking a $247 million deal to gain a gut drug the company thinks could bring in massive sales, according to John Carroll. Not all analysts have been enamored with Saunders' strategy, though. Allergan raised some eyebrows when it paid a spectacular premium to purchase Tobira, which has an experimental liver disease drug."

One of the 'tricks' used by the company was to talk up 'takeover' prospects a few years ago. In fact there was considerable discussion around it.

In the end, the conclusion was that PEB held no attraction for any of the pharmas out there.

Nice try though. :D

Balance
28-10-2016, 12:33 PM
It's easy to be selective in what you quote:

"Our revenue and number of tests run in our laboratories continue to grow"

"We remain focused on achieving our financial milestone of $100 million in revenue"

"We are pleased with the growing adoption of Cxbladder and have seen a groundswell of uptake by both private and public funders"

Neither your quotes, nor mine, necessarily imply or deny another capital raising, but I do understand your frequently offered cynicism.

4 years after launching itself into the US market, PEB still considers itself 'early stage'? Very different from the language it was using in 2014 and 2015.

Only reason for using 'early stage' is to prepare the ground for another capital raising.

OldGuy
28-10-2016, 12:41 PM
pierre: not sure if you are new to this stock or just having a laugh, but Balance is 100% correct (and this is coming from someone who lost more than $100k on this stock).

Ggcc
28-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I guess time will tell who is correct. Im sorry for your loss old guy and to be fair to both you and balance you both are correct so far. I am holding in the hope I may help people in need, plus help a New Zealand company and don't mind holding a paper loss. Life is sometimes about investing in greater things than pure profit. Only my choice and not advising others to do the same. I have also invested in Sirtex, an Australian cancer company for the same reason.

pierre
28-10-2016, 02:03 PM
pierre: not sure if you are new to this stock or just having a laugh, but Balance is 100% correct (and this is coming from someone who lost more than $100k on this stock).

I'm far from new with this stock and like many holders I am disappointed at the time it is taking for the company's vision to be achieved. The latest "news" from PEB does not contain much news at all. It's the half-year financial report due next month that will tell us how much market penetration and financial progress has been made - if any.

The question is whether one believes that PEB will make the grade at all. I believe it will and while I am slightly underwater on my investment at present I haven't sold out and crystallised the loss. I am a patient investor and from years of experience understand that even with the best of intentions many things take much longer to come to fruition than originally hoped. BLT is a good example which has materialized into an exceedingly profitable outcome for me.

None of us know if Balance is 100% correct about PEB. He's certainly 100% cynical and he's quite entitled to be if he so wishes - though the repetition of his opinion and the constant slagging of PEB does become just a little tiresome.

In the meantime, I am quietly and confidently waiting for good things to come - though, like many others, I would be much happier if the pace picked up a bit!

Balance
28-10-2016, 02:07 PM
None of us know if Balance is 100% correct about PEB.

Only 99% right so far then?

Comes the next rights issue will be 100% correct? :D

skid
28-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm far from new with this stock and like many holders I am disappointed at the time it is taking for the company's vision to be achieved. The latest "news" from PEB does not contain much news at all. It's the half-year financial report due next month that will tell us how much market penetration and financial progress has been made - if any.

The question is whether one believes that PEB will make the grade at all. I believe it will and while I am slightly underwater on my investment at present I haven't sold out and crystallised the loss. I am a patient investor and from years of experience understand that even with the best of intentions many things take much longer to come to fruition than originally hoped. BLT is a good example which has materialized into an exceedingly profitable outcome for me.

None of us know if Balance is 100% correct about PEB. He's certainly 100% cynical and he's quite entitled to be if he so wishes - though the repetition of his opinion and the constant slagging of PEB does become just a little tiresome.

In the meantime, I am quietly and confidently waiting for good things to come - though, like many others, I would be much happier if the pace picked up a bit!

You keep using BLT as an example--But let me remind you that when I first looked at it it was trading at 12c (and higher before) so using your strategy of waiting for it to come right would have been pretty catastrophic in those cases--You just happened to show up when it had tanked big time and was cheap and had a change of management---That may still be ahead for PEB (or may not)--not a sound bases for others to invest---It needs a bit of ''show me the money'' first

I hope the product survives as its a Kiwi conpany and ,who knows ,I may need it...but if it doesnt Ill be placing the blame firmly on the managements shoulders rather than shareholders.

Balance
28-10-2016, 03:12 PM
I guess time will tell who is correct. Im sorry for your loss old guy and to be fair to both you and balance you both are correct so far. I am holding in the hope I may help people in need, plus help a New Zealand company and don't mind holding a paper loss. Life is sometimes about investing in greater things than pure profit. Only my choice and not advising others to do the same. I have also invested in Sirtex, an Australian cancer company for the same reason.

I think you will have a chance soon enough to put more money to 'assist' PEB in its cause.

pierre
28-10-2016, 03:43 PM
You keep using BLT as an example--But let me remind you that when I first looked at it it was trading at 12c (and higher before) so using your strategy of waiting for it to come right would have been pretty catastrophic in those cases--You just happened to show up when it had tanked big time and was cheap and had a change of management---That may still be ahead for PEB (or may not)--not a sound bases for others to invest---It needs a bit of ''show me the money'' first

I hope the product survives as its a Kiwi conpany and ,who knows ,I may need it...but if it doesnt Ill be placing the blame firmly on the managements shoulders rather than shareholders.

You are quite wrong Skid - I didn't show up late with BLT. I first invested in 2005 at 19c a share. I accept others have been caught with higher cost holdings or have sold and crystallized their losses. However, I believed in the company and supported its capital raisings over subsequent years- yes some at as low as 0.7c. I now own millions of shares at an average of less than 2c each so it has definitely been a good news story for me. If I hadn't believed BLT would eventually succeed I wouldn't have continued to invest in the company and would have bailed long ago.

I have supported PEB since my first investment at 53c in 2012 and still do.

I realise that this is a forum on ShareTRADER - however I expect that many others on here are like me - an INVESTOR. We all have different strategies for managing our money, varying appetites for risk and different time horizons for our investments. I guess that accounts for many of the differing views expressed from time to time. It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

That's all from me for now. I'm happy to wait for the half year report next month before commenting any further.

Au revoir
Pierre

Defater
28-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Having given up on this thread a couple of years ago I decided today after receiving the PEB Investor Update to take a look and see what was being said about this company with its set of incredible diagnostic tools. What I have found is the same people saying the same things, mainly negative comments and assumptions. PEB are not selling fancy Flubber balls or trick drones that every kid from around the world wants right now and will be an instant seller. PEB's products have been approved and tested to be the best at what they have been designed to do but they still have some bridges to cross, I'm aware of that. It is a shame that some commentators or contributors here have not heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait" .

When the bass drops
28-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Having given up on this thread a couple of years ago I decided today after receiving the PEB Investor Update to take a look and see what was being said about this company with its set of incredible diagnostic tools. What I have found is the same people saying the same things, mainly negative comments and assumptions. PEB are not selling fancy Flubber balls or trick drones that every kid from around the world wants right now and will be an instant seller. PEB's products have been approved and tested to be the best at what they have been designed to do but they still have some bridges to cross, I'm aware of that. It is a shame that some commentators or contributors here have not heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait" .

I agree Defater. I have previously likened strong PEB detractors as the "looney left" and those who support them a bit more balanced - something to that effect.
I take more kindly to the views of a pierre or a minerbarejet, for example, because even though they are keen to see PEB do well, they are cautiously optimistic and are not sycophantic in their assertions or opinions of where things are at. Whereas some commentators, you know who you are, have almost an unhealthy hatred or dismissiveness towards the company. Even a hardened PEB critic 'skid' has been a bit more balanced in his views; I know him and others (despite their occasional barb-throwing) are still keen for PEB to succeed.

Balance
28-10-2016, 05:34 PM
It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

That's all from me for now. I'm happy to wait for the half year report next month before commenting any further.

Au revoir
Pierre

Exactly why some of us who had many dollars at risk with PEB - saw the light and sold out* when the company kept promising year after year and kept coming up** with excuses for not delivering year after year - now continue to post so newies are aware of the company's track record.

How come the repetitive regurgitation of promises ($100m, millions of tests opportunities, excitement etc) from PEB and the resetting of goals by the directors are ok?

* giving our reasons why we have lost confidence

** kept coming up with capital raisings too!

trader_jackson
28-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Exactly why some of us who had many dollars at risk with PEB - saw the light and sold out* when the company kept promising year after year and kept coming up** with excuses for not delivering year after year - now continue to post so newies are aware of the company's track record.

How come the repetitive regurgitation of promises ($100m, millions of tests opportunities, excitement etc) from PEB and the resetting of goals by the directors are ok?

* giving our reasons why we have lost confidence

** kept coming up with capital raisings too!

1. What goals were 'reset'?

All I keep hearing is how they keep on confirming they are on track for $100m since commercialization (and I'm not going to bother stating when this started, as, like many of the regurgitated 'negative drum beating' points on this thread lately, this has been well discussed previously)

2. How many times have they raised capital in the period they have been listed?

Maybe we could compare that to another similarly sized market cap (once upon a time) tech company: Wynyard: how long they were listed, how much they raised, and how many times they raised.

You must have missed my (brief) analysis...post 14950 if you'd like to see how things are actually going... Doesn't exactly show things bottoming out or slowing down that is for sure...

Balance
28-10-2016, 05:47 PM
1. What goals were 'reset'?

As the song goes - where do I even begin! Start with 6 examples :

1. No more capital raising - oops, one more and looks like will be another soon.

2. CMS & VA - expected within a year and 3 years later, still expecting.

3. KMS - likewise as 2.

4. Tens of thousands of tests - we will never know because it's all mirrors and light.

5. Early stage of commercialization - 4 years later, still early stage!

6. $100m - keep pushing out time frame required.

skid
28-10-2016, 05:48 PM
You are quite wrong Skid - I didn't show up late with BLT. I first invested in 2005 at 19c a share. I accept others have been caught with higher cost holdings or have sold and crystallized their losses. However, I believed in the company and supported its capital raisings over subsequent years- yes some at as low as 0.7c. I now own millions of shares at an average of less than 2c each so it has definitely been a good news story for me. If I hadn't believed BLT would eventually succeed I wouldn't have continued to invest in the company and would have bailed long ago.

I have supported PEB since my first investment at 53c in 2012 and still do.

I realise that this is a forum on ShareTRADER - however I expect that many others on here are like me - an INVESTOR. We all have different strategies for managing our money, varying appetites for risk and different time horizons for our investments. I guess that accounts for many of the differing views expressed from time to time. It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

Au revoir
Pierre

ahh from the really early days (BLT) fair enough, Good thing you didnt have most at your initial SP though.--No problem hanging in for the long haul (although a pay day is not guaranteed just from just time held---Im sure ''share trader'' covers those who hold for investing ,as well as trade,and for that matter those who have been in and out ,and those who hold none as well--no golden membership here --any can post---Sometimes not jumping in to a share that relies on faith, can make you more money than being in---When the tide turns it may be then time..who knows---IMO when a share continually lets holders down,its better to wait till it starts to earn its keep.
Im happy to be on the sidelines ..and in the black from ''crystallizing'' in the past.

skid
28-10-2016, 05:49 PM

Thats what we are doing ...waiting for it to show signs of life.--If you want to tie up your money in the mean time --no worries

trader_jackson
28-10-2016, 05:53 PM
As the song goes - where do I even begin! Start with 6 examples :

1. No more capital raising.

2. CMS & VA.

3. KMS.

4. Tens of thousands of tests.

5. Early stage of commercialization.

6. $100m.

1. No more capital raising - point taken, they did mention they didn't think they would need more capital, but, as well discussed this is likely due to agreements have taken longer than expected (the ones you mention below, although 1 of them is now done and dusted!)

2. CMS & VA - what was reset exactly?

3. KMS - what was reset exactly?

4. Tens of thousands of tests - I am pretty sure this is very much going to be the case! Can't wait!

5. Early stage of commercialization - Yes they are still in the early stage of commercialization, I would struggle to even say it has reached a couple of years, what has changed about this?

6. $100m - I am pretty sure this is very much going to be the case!

Balance
28-10-2016, 05:59 PM
It is a shame that some commentators or contributors here have not heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait" .

Hmmm - there's PPL, Genesis (bio), and of course, then there's BLT 15 years later and still 99% down for those who bought in.

The good thing turned to vinegar?

winner69
28-10-2016, 06:01 PM
1. No more capital raising - point taken, they did mention they didn't think they would need more capital, but, as well discussed this is likely due to agreements have taken longer than expected (the ones you mention below, although 1 of them is now done and dusted!)

4. Tens of thousands of tests - I am pretty sure this is very much going to be the case! Can't wait!

5. Early stage of commercialization - Yes they are still in the early stage of commercialization, I would struggle to even say it has reached a couple of years, what has changed about this?

David's definition of 'successful commercialisation' is getting a product out of the lab into the market place (ie sell a few). Job done

Profit is not part of David's vocabulary ...I would hazard a guess in his long and illustrious career he hasn't seen many P&L showing a profit.

skid
28-10-2016, 06:06 PM
I agree Defater. I have previously likened strong PEB detractors as the "looney left" and those who support them a bit more balanced - something to that effect.
I take more kindly to the views of a pierre or a minerbarejet, for example, because even though they are keen to see PEB do well, they are cautiously optimistic and are not sycophantic in their assertions or opinions of where things are at. Whereas some commentators, you know who you are, have almost an unhealthy hatred or dismissiveness towards the company. Even a hardened PEB critic 'skid' has been a bit more balanced in his views; I know him and others (despite their occasional barb-throwing) are still keen for PEB to succeed.

Your right...Its just different outlooks on how we invest ---Ive done lots of research in the past looking for signs that the market in the US is taking notice and not much has happened....but a bit of success would soften me right up:)---(Id love to run into someone in the know over at Kaiser and find out just what the heck is going on--do all trials go on like this?--I think that ''being available'' doesnt cut it --Its got to be ''covered'' ...thats when things would start to roll..if it happened.--Its got to be easy for those who want to use it--even then ..those crusty ole urologists are a tough nut to crack!
Medicine and economics are uncomfortable bed partners sometimes.

skid
28-10-2016, 06:18 PM

I think we have to be fair though, trader---100m does not have the same ring if holders have put that much in already in cap raisings--Dont you think that if 50m is put in (cap raising) that the 100m turnover should be bumped up to 150m? to get apples with apples --nevertheless the 100m would still be a welcome sight.-----Its a mute point anyway,as everyone knows that its got to be something substantial and that really needs to be in major Gov.health coverage in the US---Geez ,Im not sure trump would go for that--lets hope theres not an upset!

trader_jackson
28-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Hmmm - there's PPL, Genesis (bio), and of course, then there's BLT 15 years later and still 99% down for those who bought in.

Seeing we are now throwing lots names of other companies out on PEB thread (ie talking, again, about things nearly totally unrelated to PEB), I'll join in a throw out another: have a look at a company called Bathurst Resources Limited... was the worst performer on the entire NZX in 2014... up 130% in the past around month

skid
28-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Seeing we are now throwing lots names of other companies out on PEB thread (ie talking, again, about things nearly totally unrelated to PEB), I'll join in a throw out another: have a look at a company called Bathurst Resources Limited... was the worst performer on the entire NZX in 2014... up 130% in the past around month

We are taking Healthcare ---far different than resources which can go rags to riches overnight.---Miner will no doubt remember our discussion about NAN vs PEB (both medical)

Getting back to BLT..they are showing signs of getting on track...not certain ,but at this stage a far better bet than PEB. (that sort of thing (BLT) would be encouraging)

When the bass drops
28-10-2016, 06:31 PM
The key for PEB will be that magic July 2017 month in my view; the 30 Sep financials update may or may not reveal too much more - perhaps we are closer to the company providing actual test numbers but I'm not 100% sure this time around. It appears they may be a few further months behind schedule as it is, but still keeping eye on things.

On an unrelated note, and I'll try not to focus on this thread, what the serious heck is happening with Bay Energy Limited (TPX) today? Perhaps to a lesser extent TLT. I might start a thread on this separately.

Balance
28-10-2016, 06:32 PM

And still 60% behind where the ASX listing price was in 2013.

Next?

JohnnyTheHorse
28-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Good to see they stopped saying $100mil revenue with 5 full years of trading in the US. Sounds like it's just $100mil revenue as the goal now, so no need to keep moving the goal posts now.

Minerbarejet
28-10-2016, 07:54 PM
With three more FULL trading years results to come I look forward to May 2019 to see if PEB have managed to achieve their original goal.
If it is only 95 million I will be completely mortified and may need years of recuperation in a clinic somewhere as a public safety issue.

Minerbarejet
28-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Your right...Its just different outlooks on how we invest ---Ive done lots of research in the past looking for signs that the market in the US is taking notice and not much has happened....but a bit of success would soften me right up:)---(Id love to run into someone in the know over at Kaiser and find out just what the heck is going on--do all trials go on like this?--I think that ''being available'' doesnt cut it --Its got to be ''covered'' ...thats when things would start to roll..if it happened.--Its got to be easy for those who want to use it--even then ..those crusty ole urologists are a tough nut to crack!
Hi Skid,
KP is doing an evaluation on Triage.
Triage is for physicians to use to find if haematuria patients require further investigation with an urologist. Any negative results will have 97% accuracy.
Monitor is the biggie and the foot is in the door with Waitemata using it on their preexisting low risk patients as part of clinical procedure.

I dont think there is any quicker way of doing these evaluations as after the initial test there would no doubt be follow ups every three months or so for verification.

Just for a bit of clarity here as well, the cxbladder tests all come in the same box.
You dont order 25 Detect, 15 Monitor and 30 Triage.
The sample is taken and the accompanying form is filled out as to which test is required with the relevant details inserted and verified by a medical practitioner.
Therefore anyone in possession of a cxbladder test kit has access to all three types immediately.

I recall some time ago DD saying that they would not be giving out lab test throughput numbers until they became meaningful. Perhaps that is upon us.

Balance
28-10-2016, 10:38 PM
With three more FULL trading years results to come I look forward to May 2019 to see if PEB have managed to achieve their original goal.
If it is only 95 million I will be completely mortified and may need years of recuperation in a clinic somewhere as a public safety issue.

August 2012 : AGM Comments from CEO

"Cxbladder continues on its schedule to launch in March 2013 in the United States, the largest market for medical applications".

Mar 2013 : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10872027

"Dunedin-based bladder cancer detection test inventor Pacific Edge believes it could be turning over $100 million a year in the United States within five years, following the registration of its own diagnostic laboratory in Pennsylvania."

It's now Oct 2016 - 3 and half years later.

Based upon original assertion (as clear as daylight on a hot summer day in January), year and half to go to reach US$100m.

Or is it NZ$100m or maybe, RMB100m?

Minerbarejet
29-10-2016, 04:55 AM
August 2012 : AGM Comments from CEO

"Cxbladder continues on its schedule to launch in March 2013 in the United States, the largest market for medical applications".

Mar 2013 : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10872027

"Dunedin-based bladder cancer detection test inventor Pacific Edge believes it could be turning over $100 million a year in the United States within five years, following the registration of its own diagnostic laboratory in Pennsylvania."

It's now Oct 2016 - 3 and half years later.

Based upon original assertion (as clear as daylight on a hot summer day in January), year and half to go to reach US$100m.

Or is it NZ$100m or maybe, RMB100m?
These are not assertions. They are examples of the forward looking statements as set out in most disclaimers with warnings regarding seeking financial advice.
Anything with could, maybe, perhaps, should, looking forward to , expecting, planned, predicted are part and parcel of guidelines issued by a company for investors to chew over in the prospectus and later as conditions change. Most investors are prepared to accept these for what they are and expect adjustments to the original guidelines.
Others of course will expect these to be followed to the letter, or else, and thrash the subject to death, again.
Its a bit like the caning Basil Fawlty gave his Morris 1100.

Yoda
29-10-2016, 08:26 AM

Yes BLT has fared badly for the ones who bought and didn't sell but over the last 5 years have reduced their losses consistently, and as you know will break even this year , and SP has gone from $0.005 to $0.05 in 4 years, ( 10 bagger ) unlike PEB who have increased there EPS losses .

Balance
29-10-2016, 08:54 AM
These are not assertions. They are examples of the forward looking statements as set out in most disclaimers with warnings regarding seeking financial advice.
Anything with could, maybe, perhaps, should, looking forward to , expecting, planned, predicted are part and parcel of guidelines issued by a company for investors to chew over in the prospectus and later as conditions change. Most investors are prepared to accept these for what they are and expect adjustments to the original guidelines.
Others of course will expect these to be followed to the letter, or else, and thrash the subject to death, again.
Its a bit like the caning Basil Fawlty gave his Morris 1100.

Very apt - PEB is a Morris 1100, prone to breakdowns, is gasoline thirsty (so needs to get fuel pumped often) and is high maintenance.

Also, has been driven along the wrong roads by its driver (remember Spain and Australia misadventures?) and its driver will not tell its passengers how far they have traveled.

Deserves more than a caning - heading for the wreckers' yard? :D :D :D

Minerbarejet
29-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Very apt - PEB is a Morris 1100, prone to breakdowns, is gasoline thirsty (so needs to get fuel pumped often) and is high maintenance.

Also, has been driven along the wrong roads by its driver (remember Spain and Australia misadventures?) and its driver will not tell its passengers how far they have traveled.

Deserves more than a caning - heading for the wreckers' yard?
I was referring to the performance of the thrasher not the thrashee.
Dont see how Spain enters into it when we have known that their test of choice has always been Monitor, and the driver is obviously an expert by refusing to discuss distances covered while in control.
We await the transformation of the 1100 into an Aston Martin DB5

skid
29-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Is this even still an issue, since the additional capital raisings may get to that figure before turnover? (theres more than one way for PEB to make money)

Meanwhile no matter how you dress up the KP trials they are taking a looooooooooong time--they got a bit ahead of themselves with their predictions of when the trial results were due--(share holders were all drooling ,with visions of the big time)

Regardless of how they box the tests -the real issue is who wants it and whose paying for it.

Should be just about time for the landslide of profits from all those medical tourists in Singapore eh?......

Maybe this will be the year?? A-they start to move the product(s) -money comes from customers

B-another capital raising--Money comes from you

Minerbarejet
29-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Is this even still an issue, since the additional capital raisings may get to that figure before turnover? (theres more than one way for PEB to make money)

Meanwhile no matter how you dress up the KP trials they are taking a looooooooooong time--they got a bit ahead of themselves with their predictions of when the trial results were due--(share holders were all drooling ,with visions of the big time)

Regardless of how they box the tests -the real issue is who wants it and whose paying for it.

Should be just about time for the landslide of profits from all those medical tourists in Singapore eh?......

Maybe this will be the year?? A-they start to move the product(s) -money comes from customers

B-another capital raising--Money comes from you
A: 100 million per annum v 100 million cumulative over 15years. Non sequitur.
B: Subjective statements
C. Is not a set of mag wheels for the car. Who needs it might be a better question.
Who's paying? With Waitemata and Canterbury taking up Monitor and Triage. You are.
D. Dont get ahead of yourself, these things take a long time.
E. A: anything's possible. Speculation
B: anything's possible. Not from me it wont. Fully committed.

Balance
30-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Never stopped PEB from bringing out its begging bowl disguised as the 'millions of tests opportunities' mug.

Carpenterjoe
30-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Interesting,

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mackayurology.com/~mackayur/articles/Cx%2520Bladder%2520Presentation%2520USANZ%2520NZ%2 520Section%2520Meeting.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi7iILzpoHQAhXHHpQKHfacBlA4ChAWCBkwAA&usg=AFQjCNHvbJnNeXwnni8qPqbQ3ku-S1gNKQ&sig2=yXL3Dg91M7eEAof7ohgLiQ

Next stop screening for the 20000+ fireman in Queensland.

skid
30-10-2016, 03:54 PM
A: 100 million per annum v 100 million cumulative over 15years. Non sequitur.
B: Subjective statements
C. Is not a set of mag wheels for the car. Who needs it might be a better question.
Who's paying? With Waitemata and Canterbury taking up Monitor and Triage. You are.
D. Dont get ahead of yourself, these things take a long time.
E. A: anything's possible. Speculation

100mil per anum...subjective statement
Lots probably Need it--but who wants it (urologists- USA insurance providers,is what pays the bills.
whos paying? Waitamata-canterbury--Exactly! but in the USA is whats needed.

since you brought up the time thing--Have a look at the PEB vs NAN since we had our little discussion ,some TIME ago---(time is a valuable commodity )

Minerbarejet
30-10-2016, 07:17 PM
100mil per anum...subjective statement
Lots probably Need it--but who wants it (urologists- USA insurance providers,is what pays the bills.
whos paying? Waitamata-canterbury--Exactly! but in the USA is whats needed.

since you brought up the time thing--Have a look at the PEB vs NAN since we had our little discussion ,some TIME ago---(time is a valuable commodity )Balance brought up the time thing at post 14983.
Again.
"Millions of potential tests" has also made a showing recently with" tens of thousands of tests" no doubt scheduled for a reappearance.
One day PEB will actually come up with 10000 tests especially if lab throughput figures are forthcoming.
They obviously must be starting to get "meaningful" even with a "seasonal downturn"

bonne vie
31-10-2016, 10:00 AM

From my research IMHO this trial is on track with at least Kaisers timeline. Earlier this year I searched Kaisers Research Trials which showed it had last updated the information on the PEB trial March 2016. Then a search a couple of weeks ago failed to find the trial which was a little concerning as I thought - has it been abandoned (surely that would have required market disclosure) or is it completed. PEB's investor update last week confirmed the later, that the trial collection of data stage was complete and now it is in the collating the data. While researching the Kaiser website I did find that the initial funding for the trial was for the period 2014 to 2016 - hence my assumption time wise this trial is on track for Kaiser.

Snow Leopard
31-10-2016, 02:16 PM
In the newsletter they look forward to lab test throughput growth "including the total test numbers" with the HY results.

Wow !

Must actually be selling a reasonable quantity now - do you think?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

pierre
31-10-2016, 02:26 PM
In the newsletter they look forward to lab test throughput growth "including the total test numbers" with the HY results.

Wow !

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Yep, that's what they said. Let's hope they deliver - on both counts!

Balance
01-11-2016, 08:13 AM

Wow !

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Prediction - test numbers, rah rah rah how well we are doing and btw, we need another $30m to take the sales to another level.

Sep 2011 - $20.1m (to implement its strategy of commercialising Cxbladder in the United States for use by US clinicians)

Oct 2013 - $20.5m (fund the roll out of its high performing cancer diagnostic system Cxbladder in the world's largest health market, the USA)

May 2015 - $35.3m (to fund its US growth strategy, potentially launch into Singapore as a gateway to South East Asia, and complete commercialisation of its third and fourth Cxbladder tests)

Nov 2016 - ? (to fund its sales strategy)

1 for 4 at 30 cents?

whatsup
01-11-2016, 08:26 AM
WOW + + WOW < 1000 PAGES OF COMMENTARY AND WE ARE STILL DREAMING OF DR DARLINGS STATEMENT ALL THOSE YEARS AGO OF 100 MILLION DOLLARS OF TURN OVER IN A FEW YEARS TIME< bs absolute B S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!***

Carpenterjoe
01-11-2016, 09:05 AM
WOW + + WOW < 1000 PAGES OF COMMENTARY AND WE ARE STILL DREAMING OF DR DARLINGS STATEMENT ALL THOSE YEARS AGO OF 100 MILLION DOLLARS OF TURN OVER IN A FEW YEARS TIME< bs absolute B S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!***

And I see a company already doing 18000+ tests per year.

I see insurance companies changing their policies before governments can introduce new guidelines.

I see a company keeping costs at a fair level to develop, expand and build.

I see products being used to save lives and keep employers honest.

I understand the possible delays in reimbursement.

I understand when major holiday's in America occur and potential downturns.

I see people getting so hung up on timelines, statements, and amounts that they are missing what is being built.

I understand the next financial step is break even, this might require another CR.

So you C, some of us are clearly awake and adjusting as we learn and the business develops.

Those investing in PEB are true investors and risk takers. Some prefer to put money into IFT, FBU, CEN, Ect I don't class this as investment, more just buying a dividend.

good luck all

skid
01-11-2016, 09:08 AM

If he only knew what a legend he would become!:)

Balance
01-11-2016, 09:12 AM
I see people getting so hung up on timelines, statements, and amounts that they are missing what is being built.

Wynyard and GeoP also had people hung up similarly - those who bailed out as deadlines, timelines, statements and amounts were missed are thanking their risk taking acumen?

Balance
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
If he only knew what a legend he would become!:)

kinda reminds one of George Gregan's 4 more years?

skid
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
And I see a company already doing 18000+ tests per year.

I see insurance companies changing their policies before governments can introduce new guidelines.

I see a company keeping costs at a fair level to develop, expand and build.

I see products being used to save lives and keep employers honest.

I understand the possible delays in reimbursement.

I understand when major holiday's in America occur and potential downturns.

I understand the next financial step is break even, this might require another CR.

So you C, some of us are clearly awake and adjusting as we learn and the business develops.

Those investing in PEB are true investors and risk takers. Some prefer to put money into IFT, FBU, CEN, Ect I don't class this as investment, more just buying a dividend.

good luck all

The only true investor is one to takes extreme risks...thank you CJ

but one thing you clearly do not understand is that it is not absolutely necessary to finance a company in its riskier stages of growth to ride that train. One can jump on when its far more ''clear sailing''
Waiting for a safer stage does not always equate to trashing the company--No need to build a fence around the moral high ground.
Perfectly happy for you to take some of the early spoils if that scenario eventuates.

skid
01-11-2016, 09:21 AM
From my research IMHO this trial is on track with at least Kaisers timeline. Earlier this year I searched Kaisers Research Trials which showed it had last updated the information on the PEB trial March 2016. Then a search a couple of weeks ago failed to find the trial which was a little concerning as I thought - has it been abandoned (surely that would have required market disclosure) or is it completed. PEB's investor update last week confirmed the later, that the trial collection of data stage was complete and now it is in the collating the data. While researching the Kaiser website I did find that the initial funding for the trial was for the period 2014 to 2016 - hence my assumption time wise this trial is on track for Kaiser.

Good to hear BV--I always found that KP website challenging

trader_jackson
01-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Wynyard and GeoP also had people hung up similarly - those who bailed out as deadlines, timelines, statements and amounts were missed are thanking their risk taking acumen?

Yup, I can also go around and cherry pick companies...

Reminds me of the mid 2012 days when Xero wasn't worth more than a couple dollars and analysts (like all the smart, highly analytical, people on this thread ;)) recommending to "offload" them... all those people who offloaded their XRO shares at $2 something are probably really thankful as well, just 4 and a bit years later (or not ;))

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/xero-worth-427m-analysts-have-sharp-message-ck-120198

Quote from 1 of 33 comments:

"There will be tears for Xero investors
It's just a matter of when!!!
This hype is not sustainable
- by The Doctor 4 years ago"

Interesting to see the unfounded scaremongering on NBR 4 years ago, is very much alive today on this thread! (especially lately)

Balance
01-11-2016, 09:30 AM

Indeed you can.

And indeed you can also see who are the posters who have been more right than wrong.

trader_jackson
01-11-2016, 09:32 AM

Also, if someone, would care to share these 'deadlines' (as in exact date), that would be great, because I have never seen any precise dates, times, or deadlines in any PEB presentation ;)

*Note: timelines and deadlines are different things in my book, one is approximate, the other is exact and definitive

skid
01-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Reminds me of the mid 2012 days when Xero wasn't worth more than a couple dollars and analysts (like all the smart, highly analytical, people on this thread ;)) recommending to "offload" them... all those people who offloaded their XRO shares at $2 something are probably really thankful as well, just 4 and a bit years later (or not ;))

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/xero-worth-427m-analysts-have-sharp-message-ck-120198

Quote from 1 of 33 comments:

"There will be tears for Xero investors
It's just a matter of when!!!
This hype is not sustainable
- by The Doctor 4 years ago"

Interesting to see the unfounded scaremongering on NBR 4 years ago, is very much alive today on this thread! (especially lately)

Must be Halloween!:)

Leftfield
03-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Another step in the right direction.....

PACIFIC EDGE ANNOUNCES USER PROGRAMME WITH SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
Cancer diagnostics company, Pacific Edge Limited (NZX: PEB) has signed an agreement with Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the country’s first and largest hospital to conduct a User Programme (observational study) with Pacific Edge’s Cxbladder Triage and Cxbladder Detect tests.
SGH will evaluate the use of the Cxbladder tests for several clinical applications in their settings. Firstly, as a test to triage out patients with a low risk of bladder cancer, ... and secondly, for the detection of bladder cancer as part of the urological workup.....
This is the second User Programme which Pacific Edge has announced with a leading hospital in Singapore since 2015, when it first began investigating the opportunity in South East Asia....."

Balance
03-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Another step in the right direction.....

PACIFIC EDGE ANNOUNCES USER PROGRAMME WITH SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
Cancer diagnostics company, Pacific Edge Limited (NZX: PEB) has signed an agreement with Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the country’s first and largest hospital to conduct a User Programme (observational study) with Pacific Edge’s Cxbladder Triage and Cxbladder Detect tests.
SGH will evaluate the use of the Cxbladder tests for several clinical applications in their settings. Firstly, as a test to triage out patients with a low risk of bladder cancer, ... and secondly, for the detection of bladder cancer as part of the urological workup.....
This is the second User Programme which Pacific Edge has announced with a leading hospital in Singapore since 2015, when it first began investigating the opportunity in South East Asia....."

More rah rah rah of little consequence?

So what PEB is saying is that user programs results are non-transferable between hospitals?

Where's the update on TTS Hospital?

9 June 2015

Tan Tock Seng Hospital User Program for Cxbladder

NZX-Listed Pacific Edge Limited has taken an important step into accessing
the significant South East Asian medical market with the signing, by Pacific
Edge, of a User Program agreement with one of Singapore's largest hospitals.

Leftfield
03-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Predictable negative response from Balance.....IMHO 2 Singapore trials are better news than none.

Further updates will no doubt be provided with PEB's release of FY2016 Interim results, due 24 November. Till then the jury is out (so to speak,) tho' no doubt you will see further fault.

Balance
03-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Predictable negative response from Balance.....IMHO 2 Singapore trials are better news than none.

Further updates will no doubt be provided with PEB's release of FY2016 Interim results, due 34 November. Till then the jury is out (so to speak,) tho' no doubt you will see further fault.

Not necessarily - two means more costs, more free tests and more important, that the one going on at TTS hospital ain't getting anywhere in a hurry.

Equally predictable response really from PEB devotees - delays mean the all encapsulating phrase for excuses gets used yet again - catch all phrase for excuses : 'The jury is still out'.

I think that's what was said about the need for more capital raising just before PEB surprised the market with yet another capital raising in 2015.

PS. Did not know that there are 34 days in November this year? :D Must be PEB days?

OldGuy
03-11-2016, 03:57 PM
I hear that PEB is due to reach profitability next Feb 30th...

nextbigthing
03-11-2016, 06:53 PM
NextBigThing

Carpenterjoe
04-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Always good to check in on the competition,

They seem to raise capital every year.

http://m.mdxhealth.com/content/mdxhealth-provides-third-quarter-2016-business-update

Minerbarejet
04-11-2016, 09:06 AM
See we are back on the "free tests" kick again.
Repeat after me.
There are no free tests
There are no free tests
Each and every user program is negotiated.

Balance
04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
See we are back on the "free tests" kick again.
Repeat after me.
There are no free tests
There are no free tests
Each and every user program is negotiated.

Ok then - 10 free tests for every paid one.

Or more like, 100 for 1?

Balance
04-11-2016, 10:08 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/292105

Mark' 24 Nov' on your calendar - big day coming up.

Crossing of the Rubicon?

winner69
04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/292105

Mark' 24 Nov' on your calendar - big day coming up.

Crossing of the Rubicon?

I think the most important number to look at in the financials is the Receivables number. That'll give us a few clues.

I see still one of the few listed companies that do their financials in $'s when most do $'000 as a minimum.

Maybe we could say PEB has grown into a big company when they do report in $'000

Carpenterjoe
04-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Not really, usually payments are received in lump sum and require negotiation from government. A/R has no basis as terms havnt been agreed on.

Imho

Balance
08-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Share price weakening ahead of results announcement on 24 Nov.

Do I detect concerns about another capital raising on the way?