PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Balance
20-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Share price heading back towards 20c - entirely predictable, post 'conviction' buying leading to window dressing day 30 June.

Meanwhile, 3 months on from the April uopdate, still not one word from KP regarding the eagerly awaited and long negotiated agreement!

Well, the field is getting more crowded with more companies providing tests (their versions will always be the best - just as PEB reckons it has the best).

Here's the latest one : https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northeast/global-expansion-for-cancer-test-firm

Big difference is the strategies to commercialize - PEB decided to go alone and has got nowhere, judging by the $120m spent so far to get to $3.4m of revenue in FY18.

$16.2m cash as at 31 March 2018 - less accounts payable of $3m = $13.2m to cover cash burn of $1.5m to $2m a month!

4 months on so PEB must now down to about $8 to $10m in real terms.

Rights issue inevitable - expect announcement at AGM in August 2018. With the usual promises of good things around the corner!

silu
30-07-2018, 09:58 AM
So the "window dressing" was to get an American investor on board at 32c?!? Which brings me to the question - is there something we are missing?

winner69
30-07-2018, 10:09 AM
So the "window dressing" was to get an American investor on board at 32c?!? Which brings me to the question - is there something we are missing?

Pretty good news eh

Always surprised they hadn’t asked the NZ Super Fund to take a decent chunk .....they seem pretty keen on risky investments with possible big pay backs

kyanar
30-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Pretty good news eh

Always surprised they hadn’t asked the NZ Super Fund to take a decent chunk .....they seem pretty keen on risky investments with possible big pay backs

Is it bad that whenever I see an email from Pacific Edge now the question that comes to mind is “how much have they diluted my already minute holdings this time?”

RTM
30-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Pretty good news eh

Really ? I hope that is a really small portion of their portfolio.

Schrodinger
30-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Why now? Should have got USA money in earlier. $2.6M is pitiful..

The 32c raises the question why pay the premium. Interested to know if this company is going to follow on and bankroll them for further cash shortfalls. Might be a takeover/IP angle? US company sniping IP off NZ at a fraction of the cost is common.

When the bass drops
30-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Nice to get some US money interest, but not overjoyed by it. We need the Company management to be more commercial and aggressive in dealings with these big US groups. We need Kaiser and the VA to sign a deal.

Sideshow Bob
31-07-2018, 09:56 AM
From todays ODT:

www.odt.co.nz/business/175-stake-boosts-pacific-edge

pierre
31-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Balance must be on holiday!

winner69
31-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Balance must be on holiday!

Might be advising Manchester

No ....he’s on holiday

When the bass drops
01-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Haha. If he is advising Manchester, would be modern times biggest view turnaround.

Dentie
01-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Haha. If he is advising Manchester, would be modern times biggest view turnaround.

Don't worry, if the news had any sort of negativity in it....there would be a "told ya!" type of post from NZ's own Oracle...no matter where he was in the world. ;)

Balance
02-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Might be advising Manchester

No ....he’s on holiday

Ah - now I know why my ears were burning and I thought it was just the hot tropical sun in Bali!

Ggcc
02-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Ah - now I know why my ears were burning and I thought it was just the hot tropical sun in Bali!
Bali is the perfect place to unwind. Hope the trip went well?

Balance
02-08-2018, 10:31 AM
So what is there to like about the announcement?

Putting a bit more plasma into the intravenous feed to last another 1.5 months is good news?

Whatever happened to all that CONFIDENCE about great things ahead with the last capital issue of $21.3m at 32c in November 2017?

Why would any company on the verge of greatness (and greatness had been around the corner for the last 3 capital raises) and commercial success raise a miserable $2.6m at 32c when the sp will SURELY rocket to $1 on announcement of said success?

Existing shareholders should be up in arms - having pumped in over $120m at much much higher prices but ...

It is clear that PEB will not get any more money from existing shareholders (especially the sucker institutional underwriters bloated with shortfalls) so $2.6m is better than nothing.

What a laugh.

minimoke
02-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Why now? Should have got USA money in earlier. $2.6M is pitiful..

The 32c raises the question why pay the premium. .I dont understand this either. Wouldnt the situation have commanded a discount?. Or at least why not mop up at $0.28 on market

pierre
02-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I dont understand this either. Wouldnt the situation have commanded a discount?. Or at least why not mop up at $0.28 on market

Maybe, just maybe, somebody believes good news might be coming sooner rather than later - excluding B******e of course. Just a hunch.

Balance
02-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Maybe, just maybe, somebody believes good news might be coming sooner rather than later - excluding B******e of course. Just a hunch.

But of course, it's all about the good news coming, right?

Just as Harbour, Salt, Devon, Westpac, etc etc etc were sucked into putting tens of millions of dollars of their funds into PEB - good news is just around the corner.

Heck, the $2.6m from Manchester is not even a 4th decimal point rounding difference in its total funds under management! And the market is supposed to give greater credence to its investment than Harbour, Salt etc?

Balance
02-08-2018, 03:07 PM

On a different tack, PEB and DD better hope that what you have written is not correct - because it will constitute breach of continuous disclosure, potential insider trading and/or selective disclosure of sensitive information.

Recall PEB was fined $500k a few years ago for exactly such an offense?

pierre
02-08-2018, 04:39 PM
On a different tack, PEB and DD better hope that what you have written is not correct - because it will constitute breach of continuous disclosure, potential insider trading and/or selective disclosure of sensitive information.

Recall PEB was fined $500k a few years ago for exactly such an offense?

Not an unexpected response - but I did word my comment carefully - note the word "believes".

Balance
02-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Not an unexpected response - but I did word my comment carefully - note the word "believes".

Depends on how and why there is such a belief.

Dentie
02-08-2018, 04:58 PM
So what is there to like about the announcement?

Putting a bit more plasma into the intravenous feed to last another 1.5 months is good news?

Whatever happened to all that CONFIDENCE about great things ahead with the last capital issue of $21.3m at 32c in November 2017?

Why would any company on the verge of greatness (and greatness had been around the corner for the last 3 capital raises) and commercial success raise a miserable $2.6m at 32c when the sp will SURELY rocket to $1 on announcement of said success?

Existing shareholders should be up in arms - having pumped in over $120m at much much higher prices but ...

It is clear that PEB will not get any more money from existing shareholders (especially the sucker institutional underwriters bloated with shortfalls) so $2.6m is better than nothing.

What a laugh.

Phew!!

I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.......

Balance
02-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Phew!!

I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.......

Haha - good to know!

Cheers!

winner69
02-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Haha - good to know!

Cheers!

You being missed on Marlin thread as well

Balance
03-08-2018, 08:34 AM
You being missed on Marlin thread as well

Let me guess - sp is up but why is sp trading at discount to NTA by newbies etc etc.

Guess the newbies do not bother to read or if they do, they prefer affirmative answers?

Gets tiresome!

winner69
03-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Let me guess - sp is up but why is sp trading at discount to NTA by newbies etc etc.

Guess the newbies do not bother to read or if they do, they prefer affirmative answers?

Gets tiresome!

Warrants are the new hot things in town

Balance
03-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Warrants are the new hot things in town

And rampers are there to encourage the newbies along?

barney
03-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Interesting article on Pacific Edge in today's NBR Shoeshine column if you can get a copy.

Carpenterjoe
11-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Is anyone else hopeful the Tolmar ownership change might be a good thing for PEB?

silu
13-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Interesting article on Pacific Edge in today's NBR Shoeshine column if you can get a copy.

Seems to infer that shareholders are just waiting for the good things to happen.

pierre
13-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Seems to infer that shareholders are just waiting for the good things to happen.

Aint that the truth!

Ryrynz
16-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Should've held rather than sell.. back at 25/27, Don't put in sell orders and forget about them.
F this company's share price though, bought multiple times all the way down, hit's rock bottom and I'm down more than half of that I put in..
Everyone jumps in now and makes bank.. What a joke. Kills me when I'm invested.. Kills me when I sell.. I'm still feeling the result of this ****ty ass stock.
Considering how wildly is swings up and down I should've realized it made sense to hold since I'd gone through that much pain already.. but with basically zero news to improve things
and people throwing around valuations of 3 cents I didn't think it made much sense to hold.. What a joke of a company though as far as managing their share price.

Important things to note in future.. You haven't lost the money until you sell. You haven't made any money until you sell.
Always have a sell out price, typical seems to be 10% lower than your buy price.. Better to lose a bit than possibly lose even more.

When you've made good money pay particular attention to the price every day, selling out and making good money possibly missing out on any extra profit feels a damn sight better than holding while it drops off a cliff.

I wish I knew these things going in, I'd have three times the money I do now, instead I now half half of what I had. The opportunities were there and I missed them.
I didn't have the mindset for riskier stocks and I've paid the price for it.

pierre
16-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Apologies to Balance for broadcasting some good news from PEB.
We all know these are only little fish - but as my old boss used to say "Little fish are sweet".

Maybe a few more sprats will finally help to catch the mackerel.

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=4800480

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=4802071

artemis
16-08-2018, 01:40 PM
6 out of 20 DHBs now signed up. The remaining ones will - or should be - watching closely. Must be close to the tipping point here.

PS That is too many DHBs for a small country.

GTM 3442
16-08-2018, 03:46 PM
6 out of 20 DHBs now signed up. The remaining ones will - or should be - watching closely. Must be close to the tipping point here.

PS That is too many DHBs for a small country.

There are times when geography and politics trump efficiency.

Dentie
16-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Am a lot more positive about this year's AGM. Finally looking more professionally driven and some good things await I am sure!

whatsup
16-08-2018, 05:13 PM
If one were not a long term holder one would have to think that PEB was just around the corner of hitting $100,000,000 in sales this year after reading this years David Darlings agm report !

whatsup
17-08-2018, 11:19 AM
If one were not a long term holder one would have to think that PEB was just around the corner of hitting $100,000,000 in sales this year after reading this years David Darlings agm report !

A few more believers climbing on board today, hmmmmm !

Sideshow Bob
17-08-2018, 11:55 AM
ODT's article about the meeting - its all about cash!

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/cash-hard-edged-question

minimoke
17-08-2018, 12:25 PM
ODT's article about the meeting - its all about cash!

Whats with this technical accounting term "back pay". Isnt it a debtor receivable?

Dentie
17-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Whats with this technical accounting term "back pay". Isnt it a debtor receivable?

Yes - they are technically receivables but Chris Gallagher said he used his "old fashion Dunedin terminology" when he termed them as "backpay". They have been kept as an off balance sheet asset since they changed their accounting standards to a cash basis instead of accrual earlier this year. This gives a much more transparent level of reporting while they wait for KP and CMS to officially come on the books. To me, this was a good move and, as the ODT reports, it will result in a large amount of revenue being recognised when they do.

Arthur
19-08-2018, 05:57 PM
They seemed quietly confident that the lions share of the money from unpaid tests would roll in over time and save them from another cash-flow crisis. Just like every other year they suggested that it was just a matter of time until shareholders were in clover. They were talking about a price being set in November, but I'm not sure which tests that relates to.

whatsup
20-08-2018, 11:06 AM
So PEB had approx. $18.5 mil at the end of March 18 and with a $1.0 mil cash burn per month we should have approx. $13.5 mil at the end of Aug, the " valley of death" current situation will be a very close event, will we or wont we need a cap raising this year. At present Mr Market is picking no !

whatsup
20-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Reasonable volume this morning, are we over the worst ( NOT YET ! ).

whatsup
20-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Highest price for 5 months, is the worst behind us ?

whatsup
20-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Bejusus, over $100,000,000 in tax losses, once PEB gets things right these tax losses will last for a generation as will WDT's

winner69
20-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Bejusus, over $100,000,000 in tax losses, once PEB gets things right these tax losses will last for a generation as will WDT's

Accumulated losses are $120,119,000 plus some for last few months.

Just as well shareholders have pumped in $133m eh

Timesurfer
20-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Might be worth a takeover just to buy them?

pierre
20-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Might be worth a takeover just to buy them?

That wont work unfortunately - continuity of shareholding rules apply if you want to maintain the ability to utilise tax losses.

Nice to see the SP slowly edging upwards though.
Balance will be mortified - even though it's probably just underwriters acting in their own interests.

barney
20-08-2018, 06:06 PM
So PEB had approx. $18.5 mil at the end of March 18 and with a $1.0 mil cash burn per month we should have approx. $13.5 mil at the end of Aug, the " valley of death" current situation will be a very close event, will we or wont we need a cap raising this year. At present Mr Market is picking no !

My take from the annual meeting is that they will need to raise more cash.

I think the annual meeting and the recent announcements have shown that after years of snail paced progress the company is starting to achieve the things it has set out to do. The signing up of the DHB's in NZ and their willingness to use cxbladder shows there are no doubts about how good the technology is. If /when KP and CMS sign up in the US the success with the DHB's is likely to be translated into the US. Hence the market may be re rating the company. The Manchester placement well above the market price has no doubt helped plus revenue from the US should be helped by the fall in the NZ dollar.

If they do need to raise more cash I don't think it will be a problem.

Dentie
21-08-2018, 08:31 AM
For my ongoing education...would some "seasoned" person please explain why, when the current SP is .37c, a couple of punters would want to be part of the selling depth at $1.01 and $1.45 respectively?

Perhaps those punters would enlighten me....:p

Thanks

pierre
21-08-2018, 09:48 AM
For my ongoing education...would some "seasoned" person please explain why, when the current SP is .37c, a couple of punters would want to be part of the selling depth at $1.01 and $1.45 respectively?

Perhaps those punters would enlighten me....:p

Thanks

I'm not one of those punters but I can only surmise they don't want to be caught selling cheap when the big announcement is finally made - lol.

When the bass drops
21-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Very pleased to see where the share price is currently. Near 40c. Though it won't surprise me if we see a hover between $0.25 and $0.45 for a while. We'll see how it plays out.

Ggcc
21-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Very pleased to see where the share price is currently. Near 40c. Though it won't surprise me if we see a hover between $0.25 and $0.45 for a while. We'll see how it plays out.
42 cents what’s up?

davflaws
21-08-2018, 11:46 AM
42 cents what’s up?

Balance is jumping aboard!

Arthur
21-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Maybe the accountants at Kaiser have realised that it is way cheaper and more accurate than the tests that they are currently paying for and are jumping onboard before they authorise it

barney
21-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Interestingly, a comment by management at the annual meeting was that Kaiser had not initially realised that cxbladder would be as disruptive to their processes as it turned out to be. Hence the possible reason for the drawn out negotiations.

artemis
21-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Interestingly, a comment by management at the annual meeting was that Kaiser had not initially realised that cxbladder would be as disruptive to their processes as it turned out to be. Hence the possible reason for the drawn out negotiations.

Was that disruptive in a good way? I was trying to think what KP could mean, as they must introduce new tests and processes all the time. Could it be upset urologists seeing their income drop?

Balance
21-08-2018, 01:26 PM
42 cents what’s up?

Seen it all before many a times - move 'em up, suck them in, and sell 'em!

The underwriters (stuck like several noisy squealing pigs in a cage) pretty much own the company now after sucking all those shortfall stock and can make the sp what they want.

Only the brave, foolish, committed, naive and under-writing institutions are left in there.

Enjoy!

trader_jackson
21-08-2018, 01:31 PM
After 4 or so years of being on the share register, I can now confirm I have removed myself, taking a total hit of around 60%.
As with any speculative investment, PEB was only a small part of the portfolio so I am not concerned (pleasingly the only investment where I have lost money). However, I was hoping that small part (~2%) would grow bigly to be a large(er) part - not shrink to become an even smaller part.

I do wish PEB and its shareholders all the very best.

hit 45c - a 50% higher sell price than when I sold out... wowee!

Great to see, very pleased for those who continue to hold.

Hope the big one(s) come through and market cap gets even more bigly

When the bass drops
22-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Back at 38 cents, high bid is 37 atm. We're looking at the Kaiser, CMS and VA breakthroughs, these are what are important to me. Until then it is an up and down. In saying that, happy to see the DHB's on board.

drcjp
19-09-2018, 10:03 AM
FYI. When a clinician is looking to be convinced of a new test -two things matter: independent studies and income preservation (especially in the USA).
PEB seem to suffer on both accounts. First, a check on PubMed reveals positive results published ALL have the CEO and other employee names on them (one even has CEO as lead author!):
Clipboard

Items: 5

Remove all items (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

Select item 295231181.
Clinical utility of a non-invasive urine test for risk assessing patients with no obvious benign cause of hematuria: a physician-patient real world data analysis. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29523118)
Lough T, Luo Q, Luxmanan C, Anderson A, Suttie J, O'Sullivan P, Darling D.
BMC Urol. 2018 Mar 9;18(1):18. doi: 10.1186/s12894-018-0327-6.

PMID: 29523118 Free PMC Article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29523118)
Similar articles (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=29523118) Remove from clipboard (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

Select item 283419302.
Clinical Utility of Cxbladder for the Diagnosis of Urothelial Carcinoma. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28341930)
Darling D, Luxmanan C, O'Sullivan P, Lough T, Suttie J.
Adv Ther. 2017 May;34(5):1087-1096. doi: 10.1007/s12325-017-0518-7. Epub 2017 Mar 24.

PMID: 28341930 Free PMC Article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28341930)
Similar articles (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=28341930) Remove from clipboard (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

Select item 283662723.
Clinical comparison of noninvasive urine tests for ruling out recurrent urothelial carcinoma. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28366272)
Lotan Y, OʼSullivan P, Raman JD, Shariat SF, Kavalieris L, Frampton C, Guilford P, Luxmanan C, Suttie J, Crist H, Scherr D, Asroff S, Goldfischer E, Thill J, Darling D.
Urol Oncol. 2017 Aug;35(8):531.e15-531.e22. doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2017.03.008. Epub 2017 Mar 31.

PMID: 28366272 Free Article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28366272)
Similar articles (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=28366272) Remove from clipboard (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

Select item 279865324.
Performance Characteristics of a Multigene Urine Biomarker Test for Monitoring for Recurrent Urothelial Carcinoma in a Multicenter Study. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27986532)
Kavalieris L, O'Sullivan P, Frampton C, Guilford P, Darling D, Jacobson E, Suttie J, Raman JD, Shariat SF, Lotan Y.
J Urol. 2017 Jun;197(6):1419-1426. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2016.12.010. Epub 2016 Dec 14.

PMID: 27986532
Similar articles (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=27986532) Remove from clipboard (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

Select item 259624445.
A holistic comparative analysis of diagnostic tests for urothelial carcinoma: a study of Cxbladder Detect, UroVysion® FISH, NMP22® and cytology based on imputation of multiple datasets. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25962444)
Breen V, Kasabov N, Kamat AM, Jacobson E, Suttie JM, O'Sullivan PJ, Kavalieris L, Darling DG.
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2015 May 12;15:45. doi: 10.1186/s12874-015-0036-8.

PMID: 25962444 Free PMC Article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25962444)
Similar articles (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=25962444) Remove from clipboard (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/clipboard#)

This is not smart as most clinicians are AUTOMATICALLY TURNED OFF due to perception of non-independence. Even some DHB urologists in NZ are not happy with this.

Second, urologists in the USA make ~$1400 per urology scope. Opposed to $400 per CxBladder (which they won't get much of) then its a very hard sell.

The question is: why then, given the funds that have continually gone into PEB, have they not funded an independent consortium of urologist to compare 3,000 patients using CxBladder vs scope?
THAT is the sort of thing KP would take real note of.

Balance
19-09-2018, 11:46 AM
https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/family-s-grief-sparks-quest-better-bladder-cancer-cures_en.html

Wonder why PEB never thought about offering its services to this family, before or now?

minimoke
19-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Second, urologists in the USA make ~$1400 per urology scope. Opposed to $400 per CxBladder (which they won't get much of) then its a very hard sell.
Urologists sound like your average plumber - looking at applying maximum margin on any parts used in fixing the pipes.

Balance
03-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Back at 38 cents, high bid is 37 atm. We're looking at the Kaiser, CMS and VA breakthroughs, these are what are important to me. Until then it is an up and down. In saying that, happy to see the DHB's on board.

Another month and sp is down to 32.5c.

And where's the breakthrough? Kaiser - been negotiating since ?. CMS & VA - been submitting since ?

Meanwhile, if CxBladder is so piss hot (as PEB would like you to believe), why are umpteen number of companies and researchers out there still spending time, money and resources to find the elusive urine test?

Is it because the world out there is not aware of CxBladder? Could not possibly be - PEB has spent over $100m already broadcasting to all and sundry.

Or is it because only PEB believes in CxBladder?

Balance
05-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Sp now below the 32c placement to MMC.

Well, it's clear that the NZ$2.622million from Manchester Management Company (MMC) is now gone.

And still no announcement re Kaiser:

Aug 24th 2017 : "Kaiser .... we are now nearing the end of the negotiations on a commercial agreement"

Nov 29th 2017 : "Commercial negotiations are progressing positively with Kaiser Permanente"

April 19th 2018 : "Making good progress"

May 22th 2018 : "The commercial agreement continues to move forward"

Looks to me like the Kaiser deal is dead from Kaiser's point of view but PEB keeps on hoping, along with the shareholders?

Balance
08-10-2018, 06:29 PM
PEB at 30c.

Consider PEB's precarious financial situation :

PEB stated that it had $16.2m at 31 March and raised $2.6m in July 2018 = $18.8m

Cash burn running at between $2.0m to $2.5m per month = $12m to $15m gone.

So PEB has between $3.8m to $6.8m left - not enough really to last the year unless ......

Capital raising time again or else, it's curtains?

JohnnyTheHorse
08-10-2018, 06:43 PM
I thought they were confident they had enough to take them through to profitability?

Balance
08-10-2018, 06:56 PM
I thought they were confident they had enough to take them through to profitability?

Yes, that's what they said 3 years ago - June 2015.

It's now 2018 and several more capital raisings later. And PEB is running out of cash .... again!

Balance
09-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Yes, that's what they said 3 years ago - June 2015.

It's now 2018 and several more capital raisings later. And PEB is running out of cash .... again!

Revisiting the AGM and the comments then are rather revealing :

1. "At question time he was asked twice by shareholders, and later by the ODT, if another cash injection from shareholders was needed, but would only reiterate the cash position was being "closely monitored".

2. "When queried on product uptake by US urologists and remuneration, Mr Darling said dealing with Veteran Affairs; representing millions of people using 300 clinics, was like dealing with 300 New Zealand health boards and their respective needs and policies. On the other hand, US health giant Kaiser Permanente was "corporate" and slow to deal with, no matter how much encouragement it gave Pacific Edge to "stay the distance" with it and its 11.8million members, he said."

Observations :

1. Yup, another rights issue and capital raising is on the way, unless the company folds first. This is more or less guaranteed now.

2. Veterans Affairs look like a completely lost cause while Kaiser imo is long gone - only PEB remains at the negotiating table. One normally does not speak of one's counterparties when negotiating in such terms - unless it is all over.

JohnnyTheHorse
09-10-2018, 10:13 AM
At what price would another capital raise be supported? I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting close to the point where the only option is to find a willing buyer. Given the market cap at 30 cents is $142 million I would think any buyout would be well below this price.

Balance
09-10-2018, 10:23 AM
At what price would another capital raise be supported? I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting close to the point where the only option is to find a willing buyer. Given the market cap at 30 cents is $142 million I would think any buyout would be well below this price.

PEB has been selling hope at every turn of its cash burn and capital raising process - it was always around the corner!

I suspect that PEB has run out of selling hope as an option to raising capital.

Asking the market, shareholders, underwriters and the now (gotto be) increasingly demotivated and disheartened US staff to count on the transformative customers of CMS, Kaiser and Veterans to become commercially viable is the last chance salon imo.

Next step will have to be a massive scale back of operations and restructuring with the high cost US operation likely to be very substantially reduced or shut down imo. Just imagine the closure costs!

What's left may be worth $25m to a trade buyer?

Ottiehund
09-10-2018, 03:36 PM
They have been 'confident' of a lot of things over the years .... very quiet now though. maybe a word from the NZX.

Balance
10-10-2018, 08:35 AM
They have been 'confident' of a lot of things over the years .... very quiet now though. maybe a word from the NZX.

No announcement since 23rd August - a whole month of no PR releases!

Not necessarily a bad thing for PEB to be quiet.

Market is now looking for concrete announcements - the days of feel good 'it's just around the corner' are long gone.

Balance
10-10-2018, 12:02 PM

Last CR was done at 32c - PEB being one of those companies which raised money at ever decreasing prices (sure sign of a death spiral).

Underwriters (sucking on huge shortfalls each time) will not get permission from their boards to underwrite any further, I would have thought.

So it will have to be a 1:3 at 10c to have any remote chance of success.

winner69
10-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Must be due to announce they’ve been included in some high growth companies or some other awards

Dave likes those functions

Does Dave still work for them?

Balance
10-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Must be due to announce they’ve been included in some high growth companies or some other awards

Dave likes those functions

Does Dave still work for them?

Probably do an Aborgen? He has successfully ‘commercialised’ PEB and now, somebody else can take it over for the next 20 years!

trader_jackson
12-10-2018, 10:10 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/325254

Congratulations to all shareholders, another step in the right direction, LCD hopefully not too far away.

winner69
12-10-2018, 10:15 AM
This a game changer?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/325254/288523.pdf

skid
12-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Go away for a long period of time....come back for a look....talk is still the same....only the chart now goes up to 70c instead of 2.00+......You guys are the poster boys of patience................................dont know all the bits and pieces any more ...but the USA in terms of healthcare is looking pretty shocking..(are you sure medicaid and medicare are going to even survive intact?....theres talk)................I only hope if things go badly that they can still make a stripped down version still work so the test is still available....Or things get better of course.

Balance
12-10-2018, 11:14 AM

Market is now looking for concrete announcements - the days of feel good 'it's just around the corner' are long gone.

WHAT? An announcement?

Step in the right direction (I nearly choked writing that) but PEB will still run out of cash very soon.

davflaws
12-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Well done Balance ! - it is some years since I have seen you acknowledge any progress. I agree that it will be a "close run thing" in relation to cash burn.

And my ATM has headed South so far that it might be almost worth swapping my PEB for a couple of hundred shares in Jaynes "deck fund".

skid
12-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Well done Balance ! - it is some years since I have seen you acknowledge any progress. I agree that it will be a "close run thing" in relation to cash burn.

And my ATM has headed South so far that it might be almost worth swapping my PEB for a couple of hundred shares in Jaynes "deck fund".

Golly....It must be just about time to replace that ''deck'' the management built so many years ago.......:>)

There is certainly no doubt Pharmaceutical companies have been fleecing the American public....shame PEB hasnt gotten in on the action somehow.....(gets back to that age old debate about teaming up with someone right from the start)

Meanwhile ...am I a good luck charm or what?

Arthur
12-10-2018, 08:16 PM
From memory that price is about a third or a half of the price they have been billing at. If it gets Kaiser over the line or people to actually pay for their tests that they have, the new lower price will be a good thing. Revenue > costs will be the only thing that keeps the company solvent.

BigBob
13-10-2018, 10:16 AM
WHAT? An announcement?

Step in the right direction (I nearly choked writing that) but PEB will still run out of cash very soon.

Well, they may.... buuuuut...:

If they get reimbursed from CMS when they receive the LCD (as they have previously stated), they do stand to receive a fair chunk of money...

In the last financial year they did 14400 tests of which 82% were billable which is approx 12000. They also stated that about 60% (7200) of commercial sales were for CMS patients. At US$760 a pop that's US$5,472,000 or NZ$ 8,468,800. Add half of that for the current financial year and maybe an another half for previous years, and we're looking at over NZ$16,000,000 when they receive the LCD...!

This is probably a somewhat simplistic view - but you'd think LCD will be coming at some point (soon?) otherwise they presumably wouldn't have published the reimbursement rate...

Arthur
13-10-2018, 12:48 PM
They are not expecting all of the defaulters will pay, but hoping some of them well (as are the long suffering shareholders). My understanding is that at least some of the institutions have told them they will not fund more capital raisings.

Snow Leopard
14-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Even assuming that they get some back pay over the next year the viability of this company is dependent upon a future of ongoing cash flows.

Having a price per test is useful and making NZ$1150 the average price that PEB will get for each test that is actually paid for and working with last years accounts (and making lots of other assumptions of course) then one [that is me :)] comes up with the number of: (drum roll)

approx 25,500 paid tests per year for cash flow break even.

Then using the first standard panthera criteria for valuing a high growth company and probably being optimistic on net margins, an (another drum roll)

additional 27,000 paid tests for a total of (last drum roll)

52,500 paid tests per year within five years to justify the current market cap.

So how strong is your faith in this company that they can actually do this?

I will continue to watch from the sidelines.

Balance
14-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Even assuming that they get some back pay over the next year the viability of this company is dependent upon a future of ongoing cash flows.

Having a price per test is useful and making NZ$1150 the average price that PEB will get for each test that is actually paid for and working with last years accounts (and making lots of other assumptions of course) then one [that is me :)] comes up with the number of: (drum roll)

approx 25,500 paid tests per year for cash flow break even.

Then using the first standard panthera criteria for valuing a high growth company and probably being optimistic on net margins, an (another drum roll)

additional 27,000 paid tests for a total of (last drum roll)

52,500 paid tests per year within five years to justify the current market cap.

So how strong is your faith in this company that they can actually do this?

I will continue to watch from the sidelines.

US$100m seems so far far far away, doesn't it?

davflaws
14-10-2018, 08:21 PM
US$100m seems so far far far away, doesn't it?

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away........

Yoda
14-10-2018, 08:50 PM
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away........
Like passing water in the wind it is ..mmmm

Balance
15-10-2018, 09:17 AM

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/325306

It does not rain but it pours?

Next announcement - CR?

winner69
15-10-2018, 09:22 AM

Next announcement - CR?

Dave is getting excited again ....exciting times ahead

Love the way they use the ‘billions’ as often as they can

minimoke
15-10-2018, 10:08 AM

Next announcement - CR?Are they paying for the assessments or is it more freebies?

Minerbarejet
15-10-2018, 11:27 AM

"An initial select group of Johns Hopkins urologists will use Cxbladder for patients under surveillance for the recurrence of bladder cancer. The commercial evaluation will allow John Hopkins’ urologists to evaluate and determine the best fit for Cxbladder within their clinical practice and provide data specific to their organization and patients."

cxBladder Monitor

whatsup
15-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Next announcement - CR?

Bal, being a sceptic I think the question that all S Hers are asking them selves can we believe D D this time, crying wolf has become apart of PEB's modus operandi

When the bass drops
15-10-2018, 01:25 PM

"An initial select group of Johns Hopkins urologists will use Cxbladder for patients under surveillance for the recurrence of bladder cancer. The commercial evaluation will allow John Hopkins’ urologists to evaluate and determine the best fit for Cxbladder within their clinical practice and provide data specific to their organization and patients."

cxBladder Monitor

Very good news. I think the share price will drop towards 30cents again soon, but its good to see PE ticking off some of those intermediary milestones.

A capital raise isn't out of the question soon but looking at the overall picture, nothing has regressed except for the timeframes.

Awaiting more news in due course.

Balance
15-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Very good news. I think the share price will drop towards 30cents again soon, but its good to see PE ticking off some of those intermediary milestones.

A capital raise isn't out of the question soon but looking at the overall picture, nothing has regressed except for the timeframes.

Haha - that's a bit like saying that a 25 year old is still the same as an 18 year old!

davflaws
15-10-2018, 06:12 PM
18years/cents, 25years/cents 38.5 years/cents doesn't matter. My tiny shareholding may still crash and burn even though some progress has been made.

But it is progress.

Balance
15-10-2018, 06:54 PM
18years/cents, 25years/cents 38.5 years/cents doesn't matter. My tiny shareholding may still crash and burn even though some progress has been made.

But it is progress.

Buy more! That's the way to play this stock now if you believe.

Dentie
15-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Balance, as much as you have been loitering around this thread appearing to try to doom PEB into oblivion - hoping your disciples will create the selling pressure to fulfil your wish - just so you can say "I told you so etc etc".... me thinks you are terrified of leaving just in case you miss out on any big leap. You, along with a few others are watching things like a hawk simply because you don't want to miss out. For someone who would have people believe PEB is a dog ... you sure have been keeping a daily vigil over the past few years. Most others with similar sentiment wouldn't waste their precious time.

I wonder whether your finger is dripping with sweat yet - as it hovers ever closer to that "Buy" button.....:t_up:

When the bass drops
15-10-2018, 07:29 PM
I think you're onto something there Dentie. A wise person once told me that you pay more attention to what people do, than what they say. Sniffing around a stock that is alluded to be a dog, with an apparent unhealthy obsession, tells me there is something deeper going on. Like 4D chess. It's almost as if some people are here for the lolz, but really they're a double agent :)

Leftfield
15-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Balance, .... I wonder whether your finger is dripping with sweat yet - as it hovers ever closer to that "Buy" button.....:t_up:

I suspect he/she isn't anywhere near the 'buy' button.....yet.

Back in the days I held PEB when it 'flew' on what we now know were false promises from circa 50c to 1.50. After reading Balances comments I eventually sold my PEB averaging around 80c and pocketing a small profit.

Thing is.... by not holding PEB all these years... I was free to put my $'s in other gems like SKO, THL and ATM. My retirement portfolio now greatly exceeds the value of my home and all is well with my world.

Better than waiting, finger dripping in sweat, any time!! :p

Balance
15-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Balance, as much as you have been loitering around this thread appearing to try to doom PEB into oblivion - hoping your disciples will create the selling pressure to fulfil your wish - just so you can say "I told you so etc etc".... me thinks you are terrified of leaving just in case you miss out on any big leap. You, along with a few others are watching things like a hawk simply because you don't want to miss out. For someone who would have people believe PEB is a dog ... you sure have been keeping a daily vigil over the past few years. Most others with similar sentiment wouldn't waste their precious time.

I wonder whether your finger is dripping with sweat yet - as it hovers ever closer to that "Buy" button.....:t_up:

You are starting to sound like Jack Nicholson :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

"You want PEB. You need PEB. Deep down inside in places you do not want to admit, you know you must have PEB."

:D :D :D

Cricketfan
15-10-2018, 08:39 PM
I think you're onto something there Dentie. A wise person once told me that you pay more attention to what people do, than what they say. Sniffing around a stock that is alluded to be a dog, with an apparent unhealthy obsession, tells me there is something deeper going on. Like 4D chess. It's almost as if some people are here for the lolz, but really they're a double agent :)

I only held PEB for a short time, a few years ago, but I still pop into this thread from time to time. Not because there's any chance I'd buy back in, but I think like a lot of people, it's hard to look away from a disaster. Or, the company may snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, which is also compelling viewing.

Yoda
16-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Those that bought at .20c are up nearly 100%. In a few months ..... buy the dream sell the reality.

Balance
16-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Those that bought at .20c are up nearly 100%. In a few months ..... buy the dream sell the reality.

Those who bought at $1.70 need it to go up 850% from 20c to get their money back!

Dentie
16-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Incompetent management?

I was always of the understanding the test was to sell for circa US$500. (It cost a family member circa NZD$400 to get his test kit). To secure US$760 (or NZD$1,169) is a pleasantly surprising outcome and will obviously result in some recalculations of the budget forecasts....

steveb
17-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Up 10% today on good volume,it sure is interesting

etrader
18-10-2018, 07:05 AM
Good call there balance, I guess the positive for them is they’ve doubled already meaning only 450% to go.

I was a holder many years ago but sold out at $1.10 to buy a house and currently am sitting on some that I purchased on behalf of a family member for $1.45 just before they peaked.

Certainly clearly remember the reasons I bought, $100 million within 5 years, large margin, potential takeover once it was proven.

Sometimes intelligent researchers need to step aside once they try and monetise their model and I wonder if it’s time for fresh blood to run the business and let the smart brains continue developing.

Anyway it’s certainly a pleasant turnaround when we were down nearly 80%.

Hope they can crack the US market soon before the cash runs dry.

Balance
18-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Good call there balance, I guess the positive for them is they’ve doubled already meaning only 450% to go.

I was a holder many years ago but sold out at $1.10 to buy a house and currently am sitting on some that I purchased on behalf of a family member for $1.45 just before they peaked.

Certainly clearly remember the reasons I bought, $100 million within 5 years, large margin, potential takeover once it was proven.

Sometimes intelligent researchers need to step aside once they try and monetise their model and I wonder if it’s time for fresh blood to run the business and let the smart brains continue developing.

Anyway it’s certainly a pleasant turnaround when we were down nearly 80%.

Hope they can crack the US market soon before the cash runs dry.

Thanks, etrader - glad some took heed!

There were enough red flags raised on PEB, its board and management in the last 4 years to line up half of Auckland's Queen St - failure to reach milestones, misleading statements, capital raising one after another, misleading accounting of sales and receivables, inadequate disclosures etc etc etc.

Critical question now is - where does PEB go from here because the clock is ticking louder and louder on the cash running lower and lower, month by month.

Here's FNZC view (bear in mind that FNZC is a shareholder) :

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1810/S00465/cancer-test-firms-pacific-edge.htm

Much will now depend now on whether or not PEB can get one of its 'transformative' customers like Kaiser across the line before it needs to raise the cash (no maybe, PEB has to).

If PEB does, I think the sp will spike above 50c and the company will get its funding - most probably from North American sources like Manchester (as suggested in article).

If not, tick tick tick .........

When the bass drops
18-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Thanks, etrader - glad some took heed!

There were enough red flags raised on PEB, its board and management in the last 4 years to line up half of Auckland's Queen St - failure to reach milestones, misleading statements, capital raising one after another, misleading accounting of sales and receivables, inadequate disclosures etc etc etc.

Critical question now is - where does PEB go from here because the clock is ticking louder and louder on the cash running lower and lower, month by month.

Here's FNZC view (bear in mind that FNZC is a shareholder) :

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1810/S00465/cancer-test-firms-pacific-edge.htm

Much will now depend now on whether or not PEB can get one of its 'transformative' customers like Kaiser across the line before it needs to raise the cash (no maybe, PEB has to).

If PEB does, I think the sp will spike above 50c and the company will get its funding - most probably from North American sources like Manchester (as suggested in article).

If not, tick tick tick .........

It's not out of the question that a few more capital raises (atleast 1) will be on the horizon. I think there was fair argument that the price could have got to the $3.25 - $3.75 range if Kaiser was implemented perfectly, though the reality is it might now be $3.00 or so at the $100m+ stage. Perhaps other markets, based upon success in the US, will lift the price more. China, Spain etc.

The reality is likely to be some way along between the views of Balance and people like myself. It is a long haul hold still with risks, so I would discourage people from putting all their eggs in one basket, as common sense would suggest.

Minerbarejet
18-10-2018, 08:34 PM
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/kaiser_permanente_johns_hopkins_medicine_announce_ enhanced_strategic_collaboration_

Its four years old but may join some dots for those unaware of the Johns Hopkins/ Kaiser collaboration.

Bit of extra clinical validity to go with it.

https://canjurol.com/pdfs/abstracts/MAAUA_Abstracts_Oct18.pdf

Item MP1-13

Balance
25-10-2018, 11:35 AM

Well, certainly did not stay above 40c for too long (as usual).

The sp action gives one the feeling that PEB is behind the scenes trying to raise more $$$$ with the latest batch of 'good' news.

So what are the institutions in PEB to do? Pay up or see their $50m invested in PEB gone down the drain? Easy question to answer!

Balance
25-10-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/kaiser_permanente_johns_hopkins_medicine_announce_ enhanced_strategic_collaboration_

Its four years old but may join some dots for those unaware of the Johns Hopkins/ Kaiser collaboration.

Bit of extra clinical validity to go with it.

https://canjurol.com/pdfs/abstracts/MAAUA_Abstracts_Oct18.pdf

Item MP1-13

And what does this tell us then about the long winded 'negotiations' with Kaiser?

Says to me that it is going nowhere - otherwise, it would not need to undergo yet another user program at Johns Hopkins!

silu
25-10-2018, 11:39 AM
I have to say though that the latest flood of news even had me tempted to get back into PEB. But at this stage I'll just see what their next CR is priced at and decide whether I have some gambling money.

Balance
25-10-2018, 11:48 AM
I have to say though that the latest flood of news even had me tempted to get back into PEB. But at this stage I'll just see what their next CR is priced at and decide whether I have some gambling money.

Yup - inevitable CR. It is a question now of price and how much they can extract out of the institutions who are sucking on the lemon.

If one assumes everything goes okay with the reimbursement, the earliest they will get a few $$$ out of the reversed receivables will be sometime in 2Q 2019. By then, the cash they hold would have well and truly gone to zero by then.

Sideshow Bob
25-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Technology Investment Network Top 200 Rankings - PEB slide on in their in 195.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/otago-tech-companies-among-fastest-growing

Balance
25-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Technology Investment Network Top 200 Rankings - PEB slide on in their in 195.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/otago-tech-companies-among-fastest-growing

Surprised they are still in there as their revenues were adjusted backwards to show growth! Fictitious sales in past years to show fantastic growth, then reversal of fictitious past sales to show sales growth in 2017/18!

What a sham!

Minerbarejet
25-10-2018, 12:29 PM
And what does this tell us then about the long winded 'negotiations' with Kaiser?

Says to me that it is going nowhere - otherwise, it would not need to undergo yet another user program at Johns Hopkins!
With a Kaiser/ Johns Hopkins collaboration on Cxbladder, specifically, if it exists, would it not be most likely that any shared data or information was sufficiently positive for Johns Hopkins to initiate their own appraisal of Monitor and how it can be utilised in their system?
Data came from somewhere for JH to take this step as it is a direct line into Monitor which has the potential to save the largest amounts.
Being non profit organisations both of these will be looking to cut costs where possible.

I cant see Kaiser at this point telling Pacific Edge to shove off.

Balance
25-10-2018, 12:39 PM
With a Kaiser/ Johns Hopkins collaboration on Cxbladder, specifically, if it exists, would it not be most likely that any shared data or information was sufficiently positive for Johns Hopkins to initiate their own appraisal of Monitor and how it can be utilised in their system?
Data came from somewhere for JH to take this step as it is a direct line into Monitor which has the potential to save the largest amounts.
Being non profit organisations both of these will be looking to cut costs where possible.

Read between the lines - where is the Kaiser deal after 2 years now of negotiations (we only ever hear from PEB and how the deal is just around the corner - must be a long long long long corner!) and why does Johns Hopkins need to do a separate user program if Kaiser's stack up?

Remember - we are writing about PEB here! The company which promised everything (excitement, transformation, millions of customers and billions of revenue potential) but has delivered?

BigBob
25-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Read between the lines - where is the Kaiser deal after 2 years now of negotiations (we only ever hear from PEB and how the deal is just around the corner - must be a long long long long corner!) and why does Johns Hopkins need to do a separate user program if Kaiser's stack up?

Remember - we are writing about PEB here! The company which promised everything (excitement, transformation, millions of customers and billions of revenue potential) but has delivered?

Isn't Miner's point that JH is doing a user program on Monitor, whereas Kaiser's was on Triage...? Is it conceivable that JH doesn't see the need to trial Triage because they have access to Kaiser's results...? Is it also possible that the delays with Kaiser are related to the LCD process, and now that it appears that the LCD process is actually moving forwards (hence the reimbursement rate being set), maybe the Kaiser corner is getting shorter...? Maybe... Maybe not...

Minerbarejet
25-10-2018, 01:25 PM

Try reading the lines and not whats between them.
Its not a separate "User Program", it is the establishment of clinical procedure, in their space (JH), around the adoption of Monitor.
Its about utilisation rather than verification that cxBladder Monitor works. They obviously already know that, probably courtesy of Kaiser, and they just have to figure where it fits best in their system.
Cant see their Urologists kicking up a stink as they will probably be on salary and the reduced requirement for theatre space will allow other waiting lists to be reduced.

Balance
25-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Try reading the lines and not whats between them.
Its not a separate "User Program", it is the establishment of clinical procedure, in their space (JH), around the adoption of Monitor.
Its about utilisation rather than verification that cxBladder Monitor works. They obviously already know that, probably courtesy of Kaiser, and they just have to figure where it fits best in their system.
Cant see their Urologists kicking up a stink as they will probably be on salary and the reduced requirement for theatre space will allow other waiting lists to be reduced.

Monitor? You are making assumptions - history tells us that one must never make any assumption with PEB!

Minerbarejet
25-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Monitor? You are making assumptions - history tells us that one must never make any assumption with PEB!

From the Announcement that you so handily posted.

"An initial select group of Johns Hopkins urologists will use Cxbladder for patients under surveillance for the recurrence of bladder cancer. The commercial evaluation will allow John Hopkins’ urologists to evaluate and determine the best fit for Cxbladder within their clinical practice and provide data specific to their organization and patients.

Assumptions - I don't think so.

Balance
25-10-2018, 03:16 PM
From the Announcement that you so handily posted.

"An initial select group of Johns Hopkins urologists will use Cxbladder for patients under surveillance for the recurrence of bladder cancer. The commercial evaluation will allow John Hopkins’ urologists to evaluate and determine the best fit for Cxbladder within their clinical practice and provide data specific to their organization and patients.

Assumptions - I don't think so.

You have replied my question for yourself!

Minerbarejet
25-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Oh well, I suppose they could use Detect, Triage or Resolve for surveillance of recurrence but that would be a bit daft if they have Monitor which is the one designed to cater for this circumstance.
If that is what you are getting at.

Still, funnier things have happened at sea, I suppose.

Balance
25-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Timeline of PEB's deal with Kaiser :

Nov 14th 2016 : "successfully completed its analysis of the data from the large scale Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser) User Programme with positive and compelling findings.

Aug 24th 2017 : "Kaiser .... we are now nearing the end of the negotiations on a commercial agreement"

Nov 29th 2017 : "Commercial negotiations are progressing positively with Kaiser Permanente"

Minerbarejet
25-10-2018, 06:35 PM
May the 22th? Thats a new one.:)
(Bet he changes it.)

Balance
25-10-2018, 06:36 PM
May the 22th? Thats a new one.:)

Only to you? :D

Balance
01-11-2018, 11:42 AM
https://www.urotoday.com/recent-abstracts/urologic-oncology/bladder-cancer/107881-diagnosing-bladder-cancer-using-urinary-cell-free-microrna-expert-commentary.html

It cannot be that these Urologists are not aware of what CxBladder can do for their patients?

Simply cannot be!

Dentie
03-11-2018, 08:17 AM
https://www.urotoday.com/recent-abstracts/urologic-oncology/bladder-cancer/107881-diagnosing-bladder-cancer-using-urinary-cell-free-microrna-expert-commentary.html

It cannot be that these Urologists are not aware of what CxBladder can do for their patients?

Simply cannot be!

See, there's ignorance in all walks of life after all.

What a glaring marketing opportunity for PEB...I bet Brent has booked his flight to Seoul already!!

BigBob
29-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Trading halt...

Here comes the capital raise...?

Or have they finally landed KP or got the LCD...?

Leftfield
29-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Trading Halt today. https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327582

Place your bets...... Capital raise or Major contract signed.....

(Disc - Not holding.)

Ggcc
29-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately I am betting on a capital raise of $15 million with some positive spin on it. I still hold a few, but not enough to worry about it.

Balance
29-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately I am betting on a capital raise of $15 million with some positive spin on it. I still hold a few, but not enough to worry about it.

Word has leaked out about the capital raise?

silu
29-11-2018, 11:47 AM
PEB Trading Halt invokes a couple of feelings. "Oh I missed out and was wrong" or "Told you so".

whatsup
29-11-2018, 11:51 AM
IMO unless there is very good news with this C R it will fail unless its 1 for 1 @ .10 talk about a wealth destroying company, second only to SEA.

trader_jackson
29-11-2018, 11:56 AM
'the big one' or another capital raising?

Share price up right before the halt at least... must be good things

Arthur
29-11-2018, 12:45 PM
From memory December was one of the many guesses as to when LCD would be sorted. If so, that should help with the next capital raise.

Minerbarejet
29-11-2018, 12:56 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0nsh9w60ablodw/PEL-BCAN-PATIENT-SURVEY-2018-VIDEO.mp4?dl=0

For some light entertainment whilst awaiting any of the following
1/ the HY results,
2/ a done and dusted Sophisticated Investors and Institution CR,
3/ KP approval
4/ Local Coverage from CMS
:)

Balance
29-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Ok, it's half year results with details of a capital raising - that's what I have been told to expect.

Plenty of 'good' news accompanying the results though :D

Arthur
29-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Same day as last year for half year., so I suspect you are correct Balance

whatsup
29-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Ok, it's half year results with details of a capital raising - that's what I have been told to expect.

Bal, IF that is the case why this B S runaround ?

Balance
29-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Bal, IF that is the case why this B S runaround ?

Who knows with PEB?

They ask for trading halt in the past to announce 'big' deals which turned out to be no big deal!

davflaws
29-11-2018, 01:38 PM
I had a cystoscopy yesterday. The staff, (some of whom hold some PEB) were mildly excited that Northland DHB has just made a deal to start using CXBladder detect for microscopic haematuria, and are soon expecting to roll out CXBladder monitor for people like me.

But that is probably not the big news

trader_jackson
29-11-2018, 01:52 PM
annual results with takeover offer? doing the ol' OHE way: "strategic review"

Balance
29-11-2018, 01:57 PM

OHE had bank loans so was forced to do the review.

PEB has no bank debts - only underwriters sucking on coconut sized lemons so yes, could be a strategic review to cut down on costs - means North American adventure is over.

winner69
29-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Results yes ....but the rest goodness knows

Balance
29-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Results yes ....but the rest goodness knows

One thing we know is that PEB will not last another year without additional new capital.

trader_jackson
29-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Raising 12m, the insto's going to own even more of PEB than the already bigly amount they currently own

Balance
29-11-2018, 02:52 PM

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327596

AS EXPECTED.

winner69
29-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Results are truly astounding ....it’s all up from here ...foundations solid as and just a few more things to fall into place.

Go Dave you good thing

BigBob
29-11-2018, 02:56 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/327596

AS EXPECTED.

From memory you were EXPECTING sub 20c though...

Balance
29-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Results are truly astounding ....it’s all up from here ...foundations solid as and just a few more things to fall into place.

Go Dave you good thing

He is the MAN!

The institutions must however be feeling rather ball bruised by the MAN!

kiwidollabill
29-11-2018, 03:02 PM
So, by my calc theyve increased sales rev by 60k since the last half. Wow...

Balance
29-11-2018, 03:04 PM
So, by my calc theyve increased sales rev by 60k since the last half. Wow...

Onwards and forward towards that $100m sales!

Maybe by 2050 (cumulatively)?

Arthur
29-11-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm surprised that the cash issue is at a higher price than the last one. It will be interesting to see the institutions lined up to subscribe.

Minerbarejet
29-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Bit of deja vu here.
Remember the Cap Raise way back when at 55c.
Out came a few announcements and bingo 120 or so while everyone is swallowing up 55c shares like crazy.
If, and a big if, KP or CMS announce something while the CR is still open it will be oversubscription time again.

kyanar
29-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Of course being not NZ resident any more, my meagre holding is once again forcibly diluted. Sigh.

trader_jackson
29-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Hey wasn't there talk of the next cap raise (ie this one) being at 10 cents or two cents or something?
I reckon Management should be congratulated for having buyers line up at 35c, not even that much of a discount to the current share price, and a bit premium to the 19c it went down to at one stage not so long ago... SPP oversubscribed no doubt

RTM
29-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Of course being not NZ resident any more, my meagre holding is once again forcibly diluted. Sigh.

If you are concerned about that there may well be an opportunity to buy on market an favourable prices.
Disc: ex holder

barney
29-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Somebody predicted a cash issue of 1 for 3 at 10 cents. Damn near got it right, if you give or take 25 cents.

Carpenterjoe
30-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Hmmmm

16500 x 780 = 12 870 000 USD

May take some more years to turn up on the cash flow.

Carpenterjoe
30-11-2018, 05:59 AM
I find this interesting,

National Pricing for CMS
On the 12th of October 2018, the Company announced that the preliminary national CMS
reimbursement rate of US$760 per Cxbladder test had been publicly notified. This pricing
was finalised during November 2018 and takes effect from 1 January 2019. Obtaining the
pricing is the second of three steps to enable the Company to be reimbursed by CMS for
Cxbladder tests performed for CMS patients. The third and final step is the inclusion of
Cxbladder in the Local Coverage Determination (LCD) which the Company continues to
work towards achieving.

Bring on LCD,
Maybe some back pay is due.

trader_jackson
30-11-2018, 10:17 AM
share price rock solid ish, SPP getting a good deal at 35c they say

No worries raising $7m either

Arthur
30-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Nice long lag until the SPP, so hopefully some "good News" before the end of January. I think that there is about $10 million of unpaid tests waiting for LCD. I am pleasantly surprised at how well this cash issues has gone, although it only buys them another 6 months at this stage.

winner69
30-11-2018, 10:54 AM

You back in tj

Balance
30-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Trading at 35c - so load up! No dilution!

Balance
30-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Down 12.5% - that's solidish?

No need to wait for SPP - stock available at 35c. Come and get 'em!

Balance
30-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey wasn't there talk of the next cap raise (ie this one) being at 10 cents or two cents or something?
I reckon Management should be congratulated for having buyers line up at 35c, not even that much of a discount to the current share price, and a bit premium to the 19c it went down to at one stage not so long ago... SPP oversubscribed no doubt

Stunning!

Driver goes off the road* big time and lands the car in the ditch - several times. (* driver could be drunk on two occasions)

Car has had to be craned out from the ditch and put back on the road with new tyres and after panel beaten back to shape - several times.

This time, the driver drove the car (again) into the ditch but it is all good as the dents are not as big and the damage is confined to the front tyres being replaced.

And he is not drunk while driving!

The driver should be congratulated?

Humbug! Big fat Danish porkie sausage!

steveb
30-11-2018, 01:00 PM
should have looked at adding some free options at around the 50c mark,would have made it more interesting

whatsup
30-11-2018, 01:33 PM
should have looked at adding some free options at around the 50c mark,would have made it more interesting

NZX does not seem to allow that !

Balance
30-11-2018, 01:39 PM
NZX does not seem to allow that !

Has to be a general offer to all shareholders, or approved at EGM.

trader_jackson
30-11-2018, 01:44 PM
You back in tj

I am not back in

Balance
30-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Nice long lag until the SPP, so hopefully some "good News" before the end of January. I think that there is about $10 million of unpaid tests waiting for LCD. I am pleasantly surprised at how well this cash issues has gone, although it only buys them another 6 months at this stage.

Good news like the one about Kaiser Permente (which was going to set the sp alight according to some here)? Notice there is zero mention of where the deal with KP?

Instead, it's now John Hopkins !

Yesssiree - onwards and forwards with the next distraction! This John Hopkins should be good for another capital raising. :D

minimoke
30-11-2018, 02:08 PM
I'm just stunned someone has $7m slopping around to throw into this mutt.

blackcap
30-11-2018, 02:23 PM
I'm just stunned someone has $7m slopping around to throw into this mutt.

It's not their money. Easy come easy go.

davflaws
30-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Be thankful for what we got. Imagine how insufferably smug Balance would be if his predictions had even been close!

Balance
30-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Be thankful for what we got. Imagine how insufferably smug Balance would be if his predictions had even been close!

Capital Raising (tick)
More losses (tick)
More 'good' news - John Hopkins! (tick)

:D

minimoke
30-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Capital Raising (tick)
More losses (tick)
More 'good' news - John Hopkins! (tick)

:DI think worth a further tick is
"Completion of two of the three milestones required for the USA national reimbursement being receipt of product codes and notification of a national price (US$760 per test)" Only one more step to go!

Arthur
30-11-2018, 03:36 PM
Hey Balance, you will be thrilled to know that Kaiser is still mentioned
"The USA market remains the priority for Pacific Edge. Management is focused on completing agreements and building sales from the large institutional accounts and payers it is targeting, including Kaiser Permanente, the recently announced Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Veterans Administration and Tricare, the CMS and other blue chip institutions."
They also have another "new found market" of Australia, hopefully the "First Class" airfares to there cost less. There was some mumbling at the AGM of a hospital in Adelaide (or maybe all of South Australia?) coming on board, but all we have is crickets so far.

Balance
02-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Hey Balance, you will be thrilled to know that Kaiser is still mentioned
"The USA market remains the priority for Pacific Edge. Management is focused on completing agreements and building sales from the large institutional accounts and payers it is targeting, including Kaiser Permanente, the recently announced Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Veterans Administration and Tricare, the CMS and other blue chip institutions."
They also have another "new found market" of Australia, hopefully the "First Class" airfares to there cost less. There was some mumbling at the AGM of a hospital in Adelaide (or maybe all of South Australia?) coming on board, but all we have is crickets so far.

Nov 14th 2016 : "successfully completed its analysis of the data from the large scale Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser) User Programme with positive and compelling findings.

Nov 28th 2018 : ", targeting, including Kaiser Permanente"

Deal is DEAD.

Balance
02-12-2018, 09:55 AM
https://www.odt.co.nz/business/pacific-edge-out-raise-further-12m

"As at the end of March Pacific Edge had $16.2million cash in hand and at the end of September $10million, which implied a monthly cash burn of $1.03million.

However, Craigs Investment Partners broker Peter McIntyre said actual operating expenses for the six months to September amounted to $11.35 million - equating to almost $1.9million a month."

$122m in losses and cash burn since it started and no sign of that $100m sales.

But have no fear - it's all around the corner! Just several more capital raisings to go!

Minerbarejet
02-12-2018, 10:31 AM

Nov 28th 2018 : ", targeting, including Kaiser Permanente"

Deal is DEAD.
Did it occur to you that perhaps Kaiser may have been waiting for a USA national reimbursement being receipt of product codes and notification of a national price (US$760 per test)?
They would be needed for billing purposes for such a large outfit.
Bladder cancer and CXbladder is probably not the highest item on the things to do list but the cost cutting possibilites list might be a different story especially now the Monitor test has become available.

Balance
02-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Did it occur to you that perhaps Kaiser may have been waiting for a USA national reimbursement being receipt of product codes and notification of a national price (US$760 per test)?
They would be needed for billing purposes for such a large outfit.
Bladder cancer and CXbladder is probably not the highest item on the things to do list but the cost cutting possibilites list might be a different story especially now the Monitor test has become available.

Nope - deal is DEAD.

minimoke
02-12-2018, 04:17 PM
.In which case PEB (with their never ending optimism), would have announced "we are 2 and 9/10's on the way to securing a deal with KP, but for completion of the national reimbursement confirmations"

Balance
02-12-2018, 04:22 PM
In which case PEB (with their never ending optimism), would have announced "we are 2 and 9/10's on the way to securing a deal with KP, but for completion of the national reimbursement confirmations"

Exactly.

Especially with yet another (never ending) capital raising.

skid
05-12-2018, 10:27 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/04/scientists-develop-10-minute-universal-cancer-test

Arthur
05-12-2018, 02:01 PM
That is great news. Hopefully it will be on the market soon - note it does not tell you what cancer you have. Peeing in a jar to rule out bladder cancer may increase with the new test.

skid
05-12-2018, 03:16 PM
That is great news. Hopefully it will be on the market soon - note it does not tell you what cancer you have. Peeing in a jar to rule out bladder cancer may increase with the new test.

I suppose there would be a process of elimination to try to diagnose where the cancer was. Im not sure this test would be used for that purpose or not.
If you were having bladder problems ,I would imagine the other ,cheaper test would come first.then maybe PEB test?

silu
06-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Westpac increasing their stake to 10.27%. As always. What do these big PEB shareholders know we don't or are they not as clever as I think they are.

Balance
06-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Westpac increasing their stake to 10.27%. As always. What do these big PEB shareholders know we don't or are they not as clever as I think they are.

Not their money. Window dressing to make their position look better. Ouch!

Minerbarejet
06-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Maybe this:
https://youtu.be/RPbXixg13wc

Xerof
06-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Westpac increasing their stake to 10.27%. As always. What do these big PEB shareholders know we don't or are they not as clever as I think they are.Announcements 101 - read it twice and try to understand what is printed

Westpac own Guardian and BT Funds. BT Funds hold PEB. Westpac have no direct financial interest in PEB, and given BT Funds just clip the ticket on their funds, Westpac won't give a rats arse what BT Funds hold in their portfolios

Balance
11-12-2018, 10:15 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/328127/292144.pdf

Get in there, boys and girls.

Last chance before the final phase of the accreditation program kicks in the US and you will never never ever see the sp at this level again.

This is going to be a 10 bagger, I hear from the directors based upon the tone of the shareholders' letter!

minimoke
11-12-2018, 10:23 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/328127/292144.pdf

Last chance before the final phase of the accreditation program kicks in the US and you will never never ever see the sp at this level again.

This is going to be a 10 bagger, I hear from the directors based upon the tone of the shareholders' letter!
Thanks for the heads up.

43% increase in sales!!
62% of the WHOLE of the NZ population have got access to CX Bladder. Read it again - its worth noting. 62%!!
They have hit two out of three milestones in the USA. That's virtually 99% of the way there.!!!

What could go wrong. Sign me up!

silu
11-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Sold my Serko shares to get big into PEB. Thanks for the heads-up Balance. Get rich or die tryin' right?

Balance
11-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Sold my Serko shares to get big into PEB. Thanks for the heads-up Balance. Get rich or die tryin' right?

The deeper the pit, the more likely it is to strike gold or oil - that's PEB's capital raising philosophy and they must be getting close to 'pay-dirt'!

t.rexjr
11-12-2018, 02:42 PM
If only they could sell the product as well as they sell the idea of selling the product...

whatsup
12-12-2018, 01:11 PM
so with the heads selling at .34 who will take up the spp , another winning level for PEB !!

Minerbarejet
27-12-2018, 03:57 PM
What on earth is going on with all the mini trades every couple of minutes.
Did somebody get an algo bot for Christmas and trying it out.
Brokerage must be horrendous.
Perhaps its instos mucking around.
Flipping weird

whatsup
22-01-2019, 09:46 AM
So with the close in 4 days who has fronted up with their hard earned so far ?

BigBob
22-01-2019, 10:02 AM
So with the close in 4 days who has fronted up with their hard earned so far ?

Unless they announce some real progress (KP or LCD*) or that directors and managers will be participating fully I'll give it a miss...

They still have 4 days.... tic toc...

*extremely unlikely, I suppose, with the Trump Shutdown and all...

blackcap
22-01-2019, 10:31 AM
*extremely unlikely, I suppose, with the Trump Shutdown and all...

I think its a government shutdown. You could just as easily (with some justification) call it the Pelosi shutdown. But yeah Peb not going anywere soon by the looks of things.

Balance
22-01-2019, 11:02 AM
I think its a government shutdown. You could just as easily (with some justification) call it the Pelosi shutdown. But yeah Peb not going anywere soon by the looks of things.

Whoever and whatever it is, it is unquestionably what Trump vowed he would fix - drain the swamp, remember?

So healthcare will continue to just muddle along for another 2 years - which is exactly how the vested interests like it.

To PEB's detriment.

4 more capital raisings ahead.

silu
22-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Trump also said he is proud to call it the Trump shutdown and won't blame anyone else for it. But yeah....

..anyway... shared without a single shred of research. PEB certainly doesn't seem to be the only bladder cancer detection tool out there https://stockhead.com.au/health/sienna-is-selling-its-pee-testers-in-south-korea-to-sniff-out-bladder-cancer/

whatsup
25-01-2019, 10:12 AM
With the SPP closing today still no indication if any of the fishheads are participating, not a good look imo!!!

Ggcc
25-01-2019, 10:14 AM
With the SPP closing today still no indication if any of the fishheads are participating, not a good look imo!!!

Well I for one am not participating

Balance
25-01-2019, 10:16 AM

Game being played here perhaps?

SPP sp to be set at lower of 35c or volume weighted average end of day market price etc.

Could see one of the long suffering deep in losses underwriters try and pick up all f the $5m on offer at 34c or lower?

Anyway, yet another disastrous capital raising for PEB with sp below placement price.

kyanar
25-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Wait, there was another capital raising? I swear, they've stopped even notifying me about them now they're so frequent. Maybe they should send shareholder communications whenever they go a month without diluting our shareholdings with another raising? They'd send less out.

Ggcc
25-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Wait, there was another capital raising? I swear, they've stopped even notifying me about them now they're so frequent. Maybe they should send shareholder communications whenever they go a month without diluting our shareholdings with another raising? They'd send less out.
I received at least two emails regarding the capital raise. I have decided not to invest more money in this share until they start performing better. I only have a few shares left.

Balance
28-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Wow!!!!

PACIFIC EDGE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES CAPITAL RAISING

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/329868/294118.pdf

Not a single word on how much has been raised via the SPP.

Headline must mean that PEB received the full $5m they were looking to raise from the SPP?

blackcap
28-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Wow!!!!

PACIFIC EDGE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES CAPITAL RAISING

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/329868/294118.pdf

Not a single word on how much has been raised via the SPP.

Headline must mean that PEB received the full $5m they were looking to raise from the SPP?

I guess we can work out how many new shares are issued by the extra amount of shares on issue to be shown shortly. That will work out how much money they received by multiplying by the $.3427?

silverblizzard888
28-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Don't even know how these guys can keep getting money, if they don't turn this around soon, could be another Wynyard.
Exact same story, big potential market, slow growth, burning through a ton of money and making massive losses.

whatsup
28-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Don't even know how these guys can keep getting money, if they don't turn this around soon, could be another Wynyard.
Exact same story, big potential market, slow growth, burning through a ton of money and making massive losses.

Just like WDT who are at a 18 month high and has over $110,000,000 of TAX LOSSES to offset against any future profits, confusing right !!

whatsup
29-01-2019, 11:37 AM
When do we know what amounts that the fishheads have taken up in the recent SPP , IMHO if there is not a 100% takeup by all of them that to me says that we are on a slow burning death and they are in this outfit for the money, nothing less !!

BigBob
29-01-2019, 11:43 AM
I guess we can work out how many new shares are issued by the extra amount of shares on issue to be shown shortly. That will work out how much money they received by multiplying by the $.3427?

Apparently "successful" means that they raised $5 mill....

"Dunedin cancer diagnostic company Pacific Edge's shareholder placement plan raised the $5million sought.

The shareholder plan, which was not underwritten, was the second tranche of Pacific Edge's latest capital-raising programme, the company having already secured $7 million from issuing new shares in late November."

"The [$12million] funds raised provide extra capital resources to assist the company to progress its commercial objectives and become cash flow positive as soon as possible,'' Mr Gallaher said.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/pacific-edge-raises-5-million-shareholder-plan

whatsup
29-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Apparently "successful" means that they raised $5 mill....

"Dunedin cancer diagnostic company Pacific Edge's shareholder placement plan raised the $5million sought.

The shareholder plan, which was not underwritten, was the second tranche of Pacific Edge's latest capital-raising programme, the company having already secured $7 million from issuing new shares in late November."

"The [$12million] funds raised provide extra capital resources to assist the company to progress its commercial objectives and become cash flow positive as soon as possible,'' Mr Gallaher said.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/pacific-edge-raises-5-million-shareholder-plan

BB I read that but its the fishheads commitment to the SPP that Im interested in, insto will always average down but its the management that tells the real story .

BigBob
29-01-2019, 02:47 PM
BB I read that but its the fishheads commitment to the SPP that Im interested in, insto will always average down but its the management that tells the real story .

Yeah, I hear you whatsup.... Going by their previous commitments to their owns SPPs, I wouldn't hold my breath.... But maybe this time...???

trader_jackson
31-01-2019, 03:23 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/330025/294300.pdf

Strong SPP, raised basically the maximum.

All too easy, no worries.

BigBob
31-01-2019, 03:33 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/330025/294300.pdf

Strong SPP, raised basically the maximum.

All too easy, no worries.

And now let's see if the fishheads showed commitment and confidence...

Balance
31-01-2019, 04:55 PM
And now let's see if the fishheads showed commitment and confidence...

Haha - would you not think that they would be shouting from the rooftops if they had really put up their hands into their pockets and actually put in some real funds?

BigBob
31-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Haha - would you not think that they would be shouting from the rooftops if they had really put up their hands into their pockets and actually put in some real funds?

Yes, I would... Hence the word "if" in my last post...

Balance
31-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Yes, I would... Hence the word "if" in my last post...

Likewise "if" in my post.

They have certainly showed that they are very good at spending other peoples' monies and paying themselves huge salaries, fees and expenses for ?

BigBob
04-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Well, one director ($10k) and the CFO ($7.5k) participated - two more than last time.... Maybe more to come...?

Balance
04-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Well, one director ($10k) and the CFO ($7.5k) participated - two more than last time.... Maybe more to come...?

Tokenism at its worse.

I cannot think of a more pathetic bunch of uncommitted directors and executives, thoroughly undeserving of the high fees and salaries paid to them.

barney
04-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Tokenism at its worse.

I cannot think of a more pathetic bunch of uncommitted directors and executives, thoroughly undeserving of the high fees and salaries paid to them.

Really. Try Rubicon.

Balance
04-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Really. Try Rubicon.

Try Rubicon vs PEB anytime, anywhere and anyhow!

Simple, Barney - how many of you have made money investing in PEB vs those of us who have made plenty with Tenon and Rubicon?

Eat your heart out, Tokenism! :D :D :D

Balance
04-02-2019, 06:16 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/330152/294442.pdf

Continuing to suck lemons.

barney
04-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Try Rubicon vs PEB anytime, anywhere and anyhow!

Simple, Barney - how many of you have made money investing in PEB vs those of us who have made plenty with Tenon and Rubicon?

Eat your heart out, Tokenism! :D :D :D

Well, seeing as you asked.

Purchased my holding in 2009 at 11 cents. The share price got as low as 8 cents from memory. Brought in after attending a meeting in Christchurch where David Darling and Parry Guilford gave a presentation about what products the company was developing. If I recall correctly there were only about half a dozen people in attendance.

I have participated in some of the capital raisings over the years but not all.

Sold half my shares for $1.42 when they went up, briefly hitting a high of about $1.70. Used the money to buy a freehold house in Christchurch. Still have the remaining shares and holding.

So the answer to your question is yes.

winner69
04-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Weird the Darling involvement in both PEB and Rubicon (Arborgen)

Balance
04-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Well, seeing as you asked.

Purchased my holding in 2009 at 11 cents. The share price got as low as 8 cents from memory. Brought in after attending a meeting in Christchurch where David Darling and Parry Guilford gave a presentation about what products the company was developing. If I recall correctly there were only about half a dozen people in attendance.

I have participated in some of the capital raisings over the years but not all.

Sold half my shares for $1.42 when they went up, briefly hitting a high of about $1.70. Used the money to buy a freehold house in Christchurch. Still have the remaining shares and holding.

So the answer to your question is yes.

Haha - and having seen the company and directors promise the sun and moon, and delivered dirt ... and seen them not put any money in all the capital raisings (whilst expressing huge confidence and urging others to put their hands in their pockets), you still defend their tokenism?

"Tens of thousands of tests" 2013 etc etc etc

Good on you, mate! No wonder PEB can continue to raise capital and blow over $200m (mostly in executive pay and benefits) with bugger all to show!

barney
04-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Haha - and having seen the company and directors promise the sun and moon, and delivered dirt ... and seen them not put any money in all the capital raisings (whilst expressing huge confidence and urging others to put their hands in their pockets), you still defend their tokenism?

"Tens of thousands of tests" 2013 etc etc etc

Good on you, mate! No wonder PEB can continue to raise capital and blow over $200m (mostly in executive pay and benefits) with bugger all to show!

I didn't defend anyones tokenism. You asked me a question and I answered it.

Balance
04-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Tokenism at its worse.

Really. Try Rubicon.

I didn't defend anyones tokenism. You asked me a question and I answered it.

Hmmmmm :D

Balance
07-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Bladder cancer tests in the news:

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2019/01/researchers-develop-urine-test-for-bladder-cancer.html

Researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine have developed a highly sensitive urine test for diagnosing and monitoring bladder cancer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yet another test to market - what is so special about PEB's CXBladdder except the spending of $200m+ so far to attract the lemon sucking institutional investors?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is more interesting :

https://www.google.com/search?q=sienna+diagnostics&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFnteb1KjgAhUFiXAKHcroDWYQ_AUIECgD&biw=2048&bih=940

The process of product approval and registration with the Medical Devices Branch of the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) will be managed by Mediwell with support provided by Sienna. While regulatory approval is being sought, Sienna will commence training of Mediwell sales, marketing and technical support staff, so that product launch within Singapore can proceed as soon as possible once registration is completed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DID the ever positive PEB ever mention the regulatory approval process with its program testing in Singapore (gone quiet of course as per usual)?

Defater
09-02-2019, 10:19 AM
As you are so knowledgeable on everything relateting to Urine based Bladder Cancer tests and the related government and medical requirements needed to get any new products to market, how long do you think it will take before we see this new Stanford University School of Medicine test on the shelves/ready for sale ? . Or is it already available ?, as you have implied.

Balance
09-02-2019, 12:05 PM
As you are so knowledgeable on everything relateting to Urine based Bladder Cancer tests and the related government and medical requirements needed to get any new products to market, how long do you think it will take before we see this new Stanford University School of Medicine test on the shelves/ready for sale ? . Or is it already available ?, as you have implied.

All I know is that PEB did not once mentioned that they were seeking regulatory approval in Singapore to peddle CxBladder.

We know PEB did not obtain FDA clearance and approval for CxBladder while as other companies did (and do) with their tests.

Who is kidding who?

Balance
11-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Down , down she goes.

Uniquely PEB - most stocks rise after a capital raising. Bot so PEB as there's nobody save the lemon sucking institutional underwriters left in this big fees and big salaries for the boys' company.

minimoke
11-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Down , down she goes.

Uniquely PEB - most stocks rise after a capital raising. Bot so PEB as there's nobody save the lemon sucking institutional underwriters left in this big fees and big salaries for the boys' company.To be fair its got a wee way to go to get back to 12 month low of 19.5 cents

Balance
14-02-2019, 04:11 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/330581

Oh dear - traffic violation inquiry for driving down the wrong way of SH1!

You are meant to drive forward, PEB, after you fuel up with more gas (capital) - not backwards! :D

Do you guys actually know where you are going!!!!!!

PS. Hope DD & PEB executives are not drink driving!

Balance
25-02-2019, 08:24 AM
https://www.jpost.com/Jpost-Tech/Business-and-Innovation/New-non-invasive-bladder-cancer-test-transforms-invasive-follow-up-process-581357

Another urine based test for bladder cancer - "It has already received European CE approval, increasing support from the scientific and medical communities and became standard of care in a leading Netherlands hospital."

And meanwhile, PEB is still waiting for inclusion of LCD for CMS coverage - 4.5 months after big announcement that national CMS reimbursement rate will be applicable from 1 January 2019 (yup, 1 Jan 2019).

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/325254

Deafening silence since the announcement but enough initially to entice the lemon-sucking institutional shareholders to part with more $$$ - while the directors continue to keep their wallets shut, but safe open for the big fees and salaries they pay themselves.

Who is kidding who?

Balance
01-03-2019, 09:20 AM
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pangea-laboratory-to-license-bladder-care-technology-from-zymo-research-300800622.html

Yet another urine based test licensed.

But do not worry, the Board and management have raised enough money to pay themselves for another, shall we say 8 months before the charade of 'several tens of thousands tests' and $100m revenues by 2019 is over?

Minerbarejet
03-03-2019, 11:05 AM
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pangea-laboratory-to-license-bladder-care-technology-from-zymo-research-300800622.html

Yet another urine based test licensed.

But do not worry, the Board and management have raised enough money to pay themselves for another, shall we say 8 months before the charade of 'several tens of thousands tests' and $100m revenues by 2019 is over?

Should we wish Pangea well on their long journey ahead to get CMS approval? Come back in 5 years
Not much clinical validation there and going down the same road as PEB with Lab Developed Tests.
And good luck with changing the clinical pathways.
In fact good luck with clinical validation as well, they havent even started!!

Balance
03-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Should we wish Pangea well on their long journey ahead to get CMS approval? Come back in 5 years
Not much clinical validation there and going down the same road as PEB with Lab Developed Tests.
And good luck with changing the clinical pathways.
In fact good luck with clinical validation as well, they havent even started!!

You are assuming of course that Pangea will roll out its test and operates like the comical PEB - blundering from one strategy to one mistake to another strategy and running around from user program to user program, all the while promising ‘several ten thousands of tests’ and $100m revenues by 2019. :D

The world, fortunatfely, is not according to the Mickey Mouse PEB!

Hectorplains
03-03-2019, 07:06 PM
They are not murmurings...! It has been reported in the last few (many?) updates... Latest one from 19 April...:

"...while we’ve been working through the negotiations, we’ve also been working with Kaiser’s staff on
the necessary business logistics and the training of the first batch of urologists to ensure that the long
anticipated start-up of commercial tests can occur as expediently as possible following the completion and
signing of the agreement."

... I am assuming that negotiations are continuing (we are approaching the 2 year mark) and that a signed agreement remains imminent?

Minerbarejet
04-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Im sure the management of PEB would love to hear what other means of establishing clinical validity other than running multiple tests is available.
And changing clinical pathways.
And combating the inevitable dissonance from entrenched urologists.
And being obliged to provide tests to CMS on suspended payment.
And get it all published in the related Journals
And get four related tests out, not just one. Herein lies the reason for the delay and the reason for not going down the FDA path.

And having to put up with unwarranted compulsive denigration on ST emanating from behind a wall of obscurity, - endlessly.

Balance
04-03-2019, 09:13 AM
And having to put up with unwarranted compulsive denigration on ST emanating from behind a wall of obscurity, - endlessly.

And being proven 100% correct at the sham which is PEB.

Very satisfying!

Balance
04-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Im sure the management of PEB would love to hear what other means of establishing clinical validity other than running multiple tests is available.
And changing clinical pathways.
And combating the inevitable dissonance from entrenched urologists.
And being obliged to provide tests to CMS on suspended payment.
And get it all published in the related Journals
And get four related tests out, not just one. Herein lies the reason for the delay and the reason for not going down the FDA path.

And an excellent case study on how NOT to launch a medical product and blow over $200m with nothing to show after promising plenty while raising the said $200m+.

Below is a prime example of what an amateur outfit like PEB does :

All I know is that PEB did not once mentioned that they were seeking regulatory approval in Singapore to peddle CxBladder.

We know PEB did not obtain FDA clearance and approval for CxBladder while as other companies did (and do) with their tests.

Who is kidding who?

Minerbarejet
04-03-2019, 09:38 AM
And an excellent case study on how NOT to launch a medical product and blow over $200m with nothing to show after promising plenty while raising the said $200m+.

Below is a prime example of what an amateur outfit like PEB does :
Get back to me when you figure out why they did not go down the FDA road.
Cheers
Miner

Balance
04-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Get back to me when you figure out why they did not go down the FDA road.
Cheers
Miner

I figured a long time ago.

Which is why I call PEB for what the company is - a sham.

Remember the 'several tens of thousands of tests' and forward booking of revenues (plenty of tests sold, see?) which became receivables and then, were written off?

Guess you are still trying to figure that one out?

Another term could be "cooking the books!"

Staggers me that PEB was allowed to get away with such a gross violation of basic accounting principles without any kind of reprimand!