PDA

View Full Version : PEB - Pacific Edge Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86

Greekwatchdog
08-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Impressive Portfolio they are lining up.

thegreatestben
08-12-2020, 12:50 PM
I bought in at .75c after the big jump, was feeling pretty exposed when it dropped into the early .60's again. HY results and markets response were testing and I almost sold when the price climbed back to my buy in but the discussion and knowledge being shared here allowed me to keep my resolve and I'm feeling pretty good about it now. Thanks all who contribute!

calledone
08-12-2020, 04:14 PM
Forget about Singapore as a biggie. China beckons - watch the space!

Yes I agree, China is where this might break all kind of records. I really like the new category of products in their pipeline. I believe getting Singapore in the pocket will make it much easier to enter the wider ASEAN market.

Minerbarejet
08-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Yes I agree, China is where this might break all kind of records. I really like the new category of products in their pipeline. I believe getting Singapore in the pocket will make it much easier to enter the wider ASEAN market.
Whats new about it ?
Its been there for years and hasnt been fully developed due to a lack of funds

And first things first, get the USA going then expand. They dont have that great a capacity for tests if something like China became rapidly involved.

Given the price action I would suggest there is some overseas interest in PEB thanks to the recent Bloomberg article.

Big improvement

Mel
08-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Yes, the SP is going gangbusters since the investors evening. Surely, the NZX is going to ask them to "Please Explain" due to the rapid rise in the SP over such a short space of time. The only factor I can think is that there is some interested party in buying a stake or more??

calledone
09-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Yes, the SP is going gangbusters since the investors evening. Surely, the NZX is going to ask them to "Please Explain" due to the rapid rise in the SP over such a short space of time. The only factor I can think is that there is some interested party in buying a stake or more??

Hope no one buys this out too soon. I think next major resistance will be around $1.2

DDog
09-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Geez what is happening

LEMON
09-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Fomo or big expectations?

calledone
09-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Speeding ticket might be on the way lol

jonu
09-12-2020, 10:45 AM

I can't see the lift being sustainable without some imminent good news. Irrational behaviour....but that's the market!

Ggcc
09-12-2020, 10:48 AM
I can't see the lift being sustainable without some imminent good news. Irrational behaviour....but that's the market!
Takeover offer on the way maybe???

Alpha
09-12-2020, 10:50 AM
I brought a few more at a premium but accept the risk

DDog
09-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Still speeding

Watchful
09-12-2020, 11:07 AM
My feeling is that some were waiting for the half year and investors evening to look for any notes of caution and to confirm that rollout was proceeding as hoped before wading in.

That lift had seemed to start tailing off around 78/79c, (just my gut feel) but then Bloomberg came out with their rave review, and it’s been charging since then against a seemingly thin and unmotivated field of sellers.

Never underestimate the exposure of a Bloomberg write-up.

pierre
09-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Plenty of believers in the Jarden forecast it seems - and the Bloomberg story has helped as well.

I think there's a great deal of good news bubbling along in the background to support what's happening with the SP - but as Miner said the other day FOMO is also driving the action.

SP is 99cents as I write. If NZX issues a speeding ticket the standard response will be received and we will be none the wiser until the next update from the company.

Meantime, and while the gains are all on paper, I'm enjoying the ride and the reward for my patience, hanging on through all the constant harping negativity on here a few years back. The 8th anniversary of my first purchase at 53 cents is December 28th. Since then I've bought many more at prices ranging from 10 -72 cents and hold x,x00,000 at an average of 59 cents. Sure, I could have moved in and out of PEB and maybe made bigger gains - but that comes with hindsight - and made me a trader. I prefer not to pay tax if I don't have to.

xp04
09-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Reminds me 2013. This time is different.

calledone
09-12-2020, 11:43 AM
Reminds me 2013. This time is different.

Yeah I noticed that too but this time around I suppose there is more meat behind the gap ups and surges, though market might be a bit too excited at the moment.

Greekwatchdog
09-12-2020, 11:45 AM
I think of Xero when there were doubters when their share price went crazy with so few sales/profit.. No I am not saying this is. but could it be in time?

tomm
09-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Down we go ...

pierre
09-12-2020, 03:18 PM
I think of Xero when there were doubters when their share price went crazy with so few sales/profit.. No I am not saying this is. but could it be in time?

Well...my XRO shares are at equivalent of $NZ149 at the moment - showing a gain of ~2300%. I'll be over the moon - and probably able to afford to fly there - if PEB reaches those dizzy heights! :ohmy:

I certainly don't think PEB is anywhere near that category but I'm sure there will be some happy campers if it turns out to be even a 3 or 5 bagger over the next few years. That's assuming the big boys don't bend when a possible T/O offer appears in the next year or so. (That might be avoided if ACC is not on the share register!)

Leftfield
09-12-2020, 03:47 PM
I certainly don't think PEB is anywhere near that category but I'm sure there will be some happy campers if it turns out to be even a 3 or 5 bagger over the next few years. That's assuming the big boys don't bend when a possible T/O offer appears in the next year or so. (That might be avoided if ACC is not on the share register!)

This happy camper agrees with your long term view....... while the next immediate hurdle is to see if the SP manages to hold above $1 without an update.

Minerbarejet
09-12-2020, 04:17 PM
Now that Kaiser has taken Monitor on board and is supposedly using it I'm wondering if this upsurge in SP is related to the doctors/urologists involved or related parties.

If they collectively had an idea that things were going well what is to stop them getting involved at the share level as well.

If they are using it they would know how much is going through.

pierre
09-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Now that Kaiser has taken Monitor on board and is supposedly using it I'm wondering if this upsurge in SP is related to the doctors/urologists involved or related parties.

If they collectively had an idea that things were going well what is to stop them getting involved at the share level as well.

If they are using it they would know how much is going through.

A distinct possibility Miner - but does the medical profession have to deal with conflict of interest issues?

Nice end to the day - up 10% at 98 cents.

Left Field - Maybe we'll see the $1.00 hold tomorrow?

LEMON
09-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know what the report on sharesies Facebook page is? Could it be a sharesies army getting excited about their team posts of their winnings again by any chance?

Minerbarejet
09-12-2020, 05:39 PM
A distinct possibility Miner - but does the medical profession have to deal with conflict of interest issues?

Nice end to the day - up 10% at 98 cents.

Left Field - Maybe we'll see the $1.00 hold tomorrow?I would be glad to see it hit 1.00 and stay there until there is some guidance on uptake or a FY report due out late May.
Perhaps some follow up on Johns Hopkins and how that commercial appraisal is going, we are due a couple of peer reviewed papers and something from Singapore wouldnt go amiss.

Alpha
09-12-2020, 08:31 PM
​Let Your Profits Run

When can we expect an update

I am looking forward to the annual Report but would love more news sooner.

pierre
09-12-2020, 09:20 PM
​Let Your Profits Run

When can we expect an update

I am looking forward to the annual Report but would love more news sooner.

Oh, and one question from the floor, "Can we get monthly updates?"

Chairman, head in hands, groans from the team...

Answer, "A lot of work and a bit too commercially sensitive, but they are thinking of quarterly updates... at some point..."

See the above quote from Merc who attended the Auckland Meet & Greet recently. Will be a while before we hear anything unless there's news of the kind Miner referred to.

James564
10-12-2020, 09:22 AM
Heard this in a US Stocks group , not sure what effect it will have but good info

"Today, the House passed the Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening Act to waive Medicare coinsurance requirements with respect to preventive colonoscopies. It reduces disincentives for screenings to improve health outcomes & save money for both seniors & taxpayers."

Minerbarejet
10-12-2020, 10:02 AM
289 buyers at 97 cents???????????

BigBob
10-12-2020, 10:03 AM
289 buyers at 97 cents???????????

The sharesies crowd has arrived... :-)

Minerbarejet
10-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Might have to up the ante.

calledone
10-12-2020, 10:08 AM

The sharesies crowd are unstoppable. Better to give way to them or else they will trample you without mercy!

Jhunt
10-12-2020, 10:15 AM
"Also. Jarden didn’t just predict $1.40 in a year, they predict $120.00 in ten years."

Saw this comment on the sharesies fb page, I don't have access to NBR but I will assume that's a made up number?

zs_cecil
10-12-2020, 10:22 AM
The sharesies crowd are unstoppable. Better to give way to them or else they will trample you without mercy!

This looks so familiar like what had happened to CBD. It makes me feel nervous about whether someone in the market is again trying to gaming the trading pattern from sharesies.

t.rexjr
10-12-2020, 10:26 AM
This looks so familiar like what had happened to CBD. It makes me feel nervous about whether someone in the market is again trying to gaming the trading pattern from sharesies.

Wouldn't put it past them after watching the CBD debacle. Shame I took the froth off yesterday as if that sharsies thing does kick in, it'll hit the moon in no time!

Leftfield
10-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Left Field - Maybe we'll see the $1.00 hold tomorrow?

Whatever ........ just a question of time......I'm slowly learning your patience Pierre. ;)

scooby88
10-12-2020, 10:35 AM
Broad question: how much does sharesies contribute to market participation? Aren't sharesies small value generally?

pierre
10-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Whatever ........ just a question of time......I'm slowly learning your patience Pierre. ;)

It's not always easy being patient - it requires a cast iron stomach at times and I guess it depends on your investment philosophy.

Mine is that I'm an investor - not a trader. Each time I buy shares I consider I'm buying part of a business and I'm doing it because I believe it will succeed over time. I haven't leapt in and out of companies that I've owned and run personally each time there's a hiccup and I don't do it with businesses I buy via the share market.

That doesn't mean I've never sold anything but I've ridden the waves with companies like BLT, AIA & FRE since 2005, BHP since 2007, IFT, PEB & RYM since 2012, SPK since 2014 and many others. I have never sold any of those and have topped up along the way as opportunities presented.

I have a substantial diversified portfolio but I've seen some gut-wrenching dips at times - like a 40% drop earlier this year. I know I don't have the skills to time the market (not sure many, if any, really do) so it's time in the market that wins for me.

I'm not really bothered whether PEB reaches $1.00 today though it's nice watching the upwards movement. I'm a firm believer in this company and even though it's now reached 20% of my portfolio - I'll still be holding when it hits 40%.

Pegasus2000
10-12-2020, 11:37 AM
Thanks pierre for showing the journey of thought on investing. I am just wondering if some opportunities comes ( like CBD SP spike), is it wise to sell some shares to improve the profit percentage(sometimes buying at high price at wrong time), then go with the long term wave?

pierre
10-12-2020, 12:48 PM
Thanks pierre for showing the journey of thought on investing. I am just wondering if some opportunities comes ( like CBD SP spike), is it wise to sell some shares to improve the profit percentage(sometimes buying at high price at wrong time), then go with the long term wave?

Sorry, I'm not sure I quite understand your question. However, buying high at the wrong time could never be considered wise - the problem is we only know we've done that with the benefit of hindsight. If you have a long term (5-10 year) horizon and you've invested in a sound business which has some competitive advantage then you can most likely ride the waves and have a safe landing. As for CBD - I have not taken any interest in that business so can't comment.

I guess if this discussion continues it needs to move to another thread.

Leftfield
10-12-2020, 01:06 PM
It's not always easy being patient - it requires a cast iron stomach at times and I guess it depends on your investment philosophy..... I'm not really bothered whether PEB reaches $1.00 today though it's nice watching the upwards movement. I'm a firm believer in this company and even though it's now reached 20% of my portfolio - I'll still be holding when it hits 40%.

Indeed. Even tho' my investment philosophy is long term, I'm still not quite as patient as you.

PEB is a classic example, I first purchased about 2012 (like you) but once PEB started dropping after it's first flirtation above $1.00 I gradually sold out. I'm a bit tougher on any share going south (or sideways). Fortunately most of my PEB proceeds went into ATM which grew to 70% of my portfolio in the intervening years.

Got back into PEB this year after the Covid scare and it's currently 15% of my portfolio, showing over a 90% gain on my av hold SP.

SSSooo not as patient as you, but pleased to see us both doing well and much better positioned than in 2012.

This site is a great education tool and I appreciate those who share their learnings.

Onwards and upwards.

calledone
10-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Indeed. Even tho' my investment philosophy is long term, I'm still not quite as patient as you.

PEB is a classic example, I first purchased about 2012 (like you) but once PEB started dropping after it's first flirtation above $1.00 I gradually sold out. I'm a bit tougher on any share going south (or sideways). Fortunately most of my PEB proceeds went into ATM which grew to 70% of my portfolio in the intervening years.

Got back into PEB this year after the Covid scare and it's currently 15% of my portfolio, showing over a 90% gain on my av hold SP.

SSSooo not as patient as you, but pleased to see us both doing well and much better positioned than in 1912.

This site is a great education tool and I appreciate those who share their learnings.

Onwards and upwards.

What’s with 1912?!!! That flew over my head lol!

Leftfield
10-12-2020, 01:16 PM
What’s with 1912?!!! That flew over my head lol!

OOoops..... showing my age!! Now corrected. Thanks. :p

MauroNZ
10-12-2020, 02:31 PM
Plenty of believers in the Jarden forecast it seems - and the Bloomberg story has helped as well.

I think there's a great deal of good news bubbling along in the background to support what's happening with the SP - but as Miner said the other day FOMO is also driving the action.

SP is 99cents as I write. If NZX issues a speeding ticket the standard response will be received and we will be none the wiser until the next update from the company.

Meantime, and while the gains are all on paper, I'm enjoying the ride and the reward for my patience, hanging on through all the constant harping negativity on here a few years back. The 8th anniversary of my first purchase at 53 cents is December 28th. Since then I've bought many more at prices ranging from 10 -72 cents and hold x,x00,000 at an average of 59 cents. Sure, I could have moved in and out of PEB and maybe made bigger gains - but that comes with hindsight - and made me a trader. I prefer not to pay tax if I don't have to.

Hi Pierre, would you please mind commenting your criteria to buy at that time? in 2012 this company was very far from my radar and I could probably learn something from your experience.

calledone
10-12-2020, 02:51 PM
I've been following PEB for almost a year now and I've not seen the trading pattern we saw since 3rd Dec this year. I'm amazed at how a single analyst upgrade and a positive bloomberg report lifted this stock (at least on the surface those seems to be the catalyst). I suspect a lot of overseas and new investors have also jumped on board this time.

Balance
10-12-2020, 03:25 PM
I've been following PEB for almost a year now and I've not seen the trading pattern we saw since 3rd Dec this year. I'm amazed at how a single analyst upgrade and a positive bloomberg report lifted this stock (at least on the surface those seems to be the catalyst). I suspect a lot of overseas and new investors have also jumped on board this time.

Simplistically, companies want to be included in the benchmark NZX50 as :

1. Funds & institutions tracking the index have to invest in the companies - creating demand & liquidity

2. Brokers and analysts start covering the stocks. In fact, funds & institutions award brokers points & business for providing coverage.

The coverage in turn attracts new investors when the story is a good one.

calledone
10-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Simplistically, companies want to be included in the benchmark NZX50 as :

1. Funds & institutions tracking the index have to invest in the companies - creating demand & liquidity

2. Brokers and analysts start covering the stocks. In fact, funds & institutions award brokers points & business for providing coverage.

The coverage in turn attracts new investors when the story is a good one.

Thanks for the insight Balance.

pierre
10-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Hi Pierre, would you please mind commenting your criteria to buy at that time? in 2012 this company was very far from my radar and I could probably learn something from your experience.

I bought about 50% of my current holding in 2012/2013, bought more in a CR late 2019 at 10 cents (a real act of faith) and topped up again with a substantial purchase in July this year at 56 cents - my average cost is 59 cents.

My interest in PEB started from comments on ST by a few enthusiasts. I would never have known about the company otherwise and certainly it wasn't on the radar of any broker at that time. I thought the product(s) they were developing (based on research out of Otago university) was a great service to humanity and not only did the company deserve support but also it had potential to be either a substantial money maker or a target for an attractive takeover bid at some future point (and still is!). (I was also a supporter of BLT - also spun out of Otago U. It's been a similar ride to PEB - but that's another story.) It was definitely a speculative investment and I've always reserved about 5-10% of my investment funds for that purpose. So far I haven't lost any - on paper anyway.

The PEB price soared at one point up to about $1.70 following comments from the chairman. The wise traders sold out at that time but that's not my investment philosophy so I hung on. The chair's comments subsequently proved to be unfounded and resulted in a great amount of vitriol from one poster who relentlessly rubbished both the chairman and the company on ST. That wasn't a confidence booster and sorely tested my resolve to remain onboard.

From then on it was a gut-wrenching roller coaster ride as the SP rocked and rolled over the years and the company regularly raised more cash as anticipated developments in the US were delayed. It wasn't fun watching the SP plummet dramatically early this year - but all is right with the world once again as the price now closes in on $1.00.

I'm not saying my approach to investing is any better than anyone else's - but overall it has served me well and made me a great deal of money.

I guess I'd sum it up by saying it's about having faith to buy into a business in the first place - and if the faith remains - to have the patience to hang on through the ups and downs till the company finally succeeds. Just like life really.

Minerbarejet
10-12-2020, 05:21 PM
Pretty much the same for me with a lesser amount.
I think there was a lesson to be learned from that spike to 1.70 and that was Mr Market can be pretty irrational at times. That was precipitated not only by an overenthusiastic statement or two by the company but the fact they had just signed up 2 or 3 insurance providers. The situation was ludicrous as they were running a cap raise at the time and people were scrambling to get enough to participate as they were heavily reduced by comparison. Consequently I remain alert when things suddenly jump up without good reason and there needs to be a consolidation about now. You have to consider that there is no profit as yet and when that might be is completely unfathomable.

GTTT
Cheers
Miner

BigBob
10-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Pretty much the same for me with a lesser amount.
I think there was a lesson to be learned from that spike to 1.70 and that was Mr Market can be pretty irrational at times. That was precipitated not only by an overenthusiastic statement or two by the company but the fact they had just signed up 2 or 3 insurance providers. The situation was ludicrous as they were running a cap raise at the time and people were scrambling to get enough to participate as they were heavily reduced by comparison. Consequently I remain alert when things suddenly jump up without good reason and there needs to be a consolidation about now. You have to consider that there is no profit as yet and when that might be is completely unfathomable.

GTTT
Cheers
Miner

I am also more or less the same with slightly lower average buy... and I did pick up a small parcel at 8.5c earlier this year... 🙂

I also do recall the spike from back when, and have definitely learned my lesson from that. In addition to the sign up of the insurance companies, they had also received approval for the US lab, which from memory was when I first bought in.

Ggcc
10-12-2020, 08:58 PM
I bought about 50% of my current holding in 2012/2013, bought more in a CR late 2019 at 10 cents (a real act of faith) and topped up again with a substantial purchase in July this year at 56 cents - my average cost is 59 cents.

My interest in PEB started from comments on ST by a few enthusiasts. I would never have known about the company otherwise and certainly it wasn't on the radar of any broker at that time. I thought the product(s) they were developing (based on research out of Otago university) was a great service to humanity and not only did the company deserve support but also it had potential to be either a substantial money maker or a target for an attractive takeover bid at some future point (and still is!). (I was also a supporter of BLT - also spun out of Otago U. It's been a similar ride to PEB - but that's another story.) It was definitely a speculative investment and I've always reserved about 5-10% of my investment funds for that purpose. So far I haven't lost any - on paper anyway.

The PEB price soared at one point up to about $1.70 following comments from the chairman. The wise traders sold out at that time but that's not my investment philosophy so I hung on. The chair's comments subsequently proved to be unfounded and resulted in a great amount of vitriol from one poster who relentlessly rubbished both the chairman and the company on ST. That wasn't a confidence booster and sorely tested my resolve to remain onboard.

From then on it was a gut-wrenching roller coaster ride as the SP rocked and rolled over the years and the company regularly raised more cash as anticipated developments in the US were delayed. It wasn't fun watching the SP plummet dramatically early this year - but all is right with the world once again as the price now closes in on $1.00.

I'm not saying my approach to investing is any better than anyone else's - but overall it has served me well and made me a great deal of money.

I guess I'd sum it up by saying it's about having faith to buy into a business in the first place - and if the faith remains - to have the patience to hang on through the ups and downs till the company finally succeeds. Just like life really.

Well done for keeping To your style of investing. Not my cup of tea when I felt the ship was sinking. I got on board again after the cms announcement and will not add anymore unless sales drastically increase.

tomm
11-12-2020, 01:26 AM
Just let it drop until the facts.

Pegasus2000
11-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the people who share their own investing experience. It really depends on the various styles and personal tastes. The personal style might change along the journey as well. Cheers!

tomm
11-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Wondering why they don't put a 500k shares at $0.98 but 1m shares at $1.oo.?

sunnysleeper11
11-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Wondering why they don't put a 500k shares at $0.98 but 1m shares at $1.oo.?
$10,000 makes all the difference to some people

MauroNZ
11-12-2020, 03:38 PM

Thank you very much Pierre for sharing your experience. After all the guidance and rules available around the firsts coming to my mind are one from Nigel McCarter when he says "Is it clear how the company intends to make money?" and one from Jim Slater "to have a competitive advantage". So I guess for PEB I should try to learn if they have any competitors.

Thanks again.

Greekwatchdog
14-12-2020, 09:57 AM
For Bat latest.
Pacific Edge
On the Edge of Glory?

OUTPERFORM
2020 has been a transformational year for Pacific Edge (PEB), ticking off key milestones leading to a substantial re-rating and
a return to S&P/NZX50 inclusion. There is no short-cut on the path to commercialisation and the hard work is far from over,
however, we believe PEB is well positioned to deliver a strong long-term growth profile (admittedly off a very low base). It is
unlikely to be smooth sailing, however, if PEB is even partially successful this should see a strong payoff for investors. We
reinstate full coverage with an OUTPERFORM rating and NZ$1.60 target price, which includes a risk adjustment to take into
account PEB's life stage and high execution risk. With the range of justifiable outcomes for earnings, and valuation, wide, we
expect PEB's share price to be driven by news flow in the near-term which we see as positively skewed.
What's changed?
What is it worth?
There is ample scope for debate. PEB currently has minimal revenue and a track record of milestones taking much longer than
communicated. However, we do not believe this is a good start point given the game has changed substantially. US biotech peers are
more relevant albeit this does not narrow the plausible scenarios down, much. A valuation on PEB is, unsurprisingly, most sensitive to
long-term assumptions on earnings, particularly revenue. Our base case is that PEB is successful in scaling revenue which supports a
DCF or compco multiple valuation materially ahead of the current share price. However there is significant execution risk.
Sizing the prize — revisiting the TAM
PEB has a large total addressable market (TAM), whichever way you cut it, where even a small share would be lucrative. Testing for
bladder cancer is a large market and the highly recurrent nature of the disease (~70%) also means regular monitoring. Our analysis
points to a TAM of ~NZ$6bn (current markets only), which is primarily underpinned by the US. This is not risk adjusted and there are
many factors (both positive and negative) which could see variance, however it provides an illustrative starting point.

sunnysleeper11
14-12-2020, 10:13 AM
hi gwd
where was this article from?
thanks

Greekwatchdog
14-12-2020, 10:15 AM
Forsyth Barr Update.

tomm
14-12-2020, 12:07 PM
12 months to go , that is a very long time and uncertainty .

Our base case is that PEB is successful in scaling revenue which supports a
DCF or compco multiple valuation materially ahead of the current share price. However there is significant execution risk.
Sizing the prize — revisiting the TAM

Balance
14-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Forsyth Barr Update.

Thanks gwd!

I am no fan of Forbar research, especially after their bad calls with this stock during the 2013 to 2016 period when they could not have called this stock any worse than they did.

But with their 'renewed' coverage and $1.60 target price call, I will make the following observations:

1. Forbar is one of PEB's corporate brokers so market can expect more bullish reports to come out every time PEB releases new deals or information.

2. The research and target price 60% above current share price mean that its brokers will be pushing the stock - creating demand momentum.

3. Can expect some PEB stock to find their way into Forbar's huge multi-billion discretionary & non-discretionary share portfolios - serious $$$ there.

So expect the 1m shares sitting at $1.00 to disappear by Wednesday.

tomm
14-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Name of issuer Pacific Edge LimitedNZX ticker code PEB
Class of financial product Ordinary shares
Date of issue/acquisition/redemption 11 December 2020

Number issued/acquired/redeemed A total of 87,122
ordinarysharesNominal value (if any)
Not applicableIssue/acquisition/redemption price per security $0.23 per share

Minerbarejet
14-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Whats the problem?
They are just a few options exercised.

Balance
14-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Whats the problem?
They are just a few options exercised.

Tomm is short PEB & long ATM?

tomm
14-12-2020, 02:44 PM
Tomm is short PEB & long ATM?
Eh..Wrong. Just my opinion with facts.

Balance
14-12-2020, 05:01 PM
Thanks gwd!

I am no fan of Forbar research, especially after their bad calls with this stock during the 2013 to 2016 period when they could not have called this stock any worse than they did.

But with their 'renewed' coverage and $1.60 target price call, I will make the following observations:

1. Forbar is one of PEB's corporate brokers so market can expect more bullish reports to come out every time PEB releases new deals or information.

2. The research and target price 60% above current share price mean that its brokers will be pushing the stock - creating demand momentum.

3. Can expect some PEB stock to find their way into Forbar's huge multi-billion discretionary & non-discretionary share portfolios - serious $$$ there.

So expect the 1m shares sitting at $1.00 to disappear by Wednesday.

And there she goes - as predicted at $1.02 close!

McPussPuss
14-12-2020, 05:06 PM
I expected this to take a breather knocking on $1 but this momentum keeps bowling over resistances to my pleasant surprise, blue skies remain!

calledone
14-12-2020, 05:06 PM
And there she goes - as predicted at $1.02 close!

Good one balance! Got more today at $1 though it increased my average to 58 cents.

Balance
14-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Good one balance! Got more today at $1 though it increased my average to 58 cents.

Must admit I thought it would take a couple of days but the institutional holders are obviously not supplying stock.

So only one way to go - up.

Next stop - $1.10

Minerbarejet
14-12-2020, 05:25 PM
Why stop? :)

Balance
14-12-2020, 05:34 PM

Profit takers - got to leave something in for the next person, right?

haewai
14-12-2020, 05:36 PM

Because it's now valued at $750m despite only having $3.3m in revenue in H1?

Greekwatchdog
14-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Think Forwards, not backwards

calledone
14-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Must admit I thought it would take a couple of days but the institutional holders are obviously not supplying stock.

Next stop - $1.10

1) Like you said, with no supply from institutions the price is clearly being allowed to climb higher maybe with a target in mind. Could this be so that if a takeover is coming they don't want the price to look cheap?

2) Do you think they could be planning on US listing sooner than expected? I know during the annual meeting in August the chair mentioned there were no plans then but he did say they will not rule it out completely either. What are your thoughts?

Balance
15-12-2020, 08:00 AM
1) Like you said, with no supply from institutions the price is clearly being allowed to climb higher maybe with a target in mind. Could this be so that if a takeover is coming they don't want the price to look cheap?

2) Do you think they could be planning on US listing sooner than expected? I know during the annual meeting in August the chair mentioned there were no plans then but he did say they will not rule it out completely either. What are your thoughts?

I have really been commenting purely on market dynamics (forget fundamentals for a minute or two!) - which is that PEB is getting plenty of brokers' and institutional attention because it is in the NZX50. Jardens & Forbar have published research - then, there's Craigs, J B Were & Macquarie to follow. There will be no negative research reports as they will all be keen to ride the positivity and upswing - hoping to get the brokerage from dealing in PEB stock and getting the corporate deals.

PEB will be well advised to follow up with positive news and listing on the ASX (and US) is positive. Especially if the listing is done with a placement of shares at a premium to the market price.

Takeover? Possibility but too early imo.

Balance
15-12-2020, 10:10 AM

Next stop - $1.10

$1.08 .....!

Alpha
15-12-2020, 10:13 AM
$1.08 .....!

Dam was just about to say this. Next stop 1.20

Cleared $1 dollar easy as yesterday.

calledone
15-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Hope no one buys this out too soon. I think next major resistance will be around $1.2

emm.. didn't think what I mentioned last week would happen this soon! Supply and demand doing it's thing I suppose.

tomm
15-12-2020, 11:41 AM
And down she goes.

jonu
15-12-2020, 11:58 AM
And down she goes.

And back up she goes. Some really strong analysis happening here!

Alpha
15-12-2020, 12:14 PM

Received a nice little Christmas Card from them. Happy days.

calledone
15-12-2020, 12:15 PM
https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2F26a3a59 717e39b21dccd1307c%2Fimages%2F7f58a22b-c39d-4279-a9df-a606b5d2d3e4.jpg&t=1607987668&ymreqid=0d865421-a111-c17f-1c76-cf000001f800&sig=DnwsPQfBKz13IvdbtN3_5A--~D

What is this?

Minerbarejet
15-12-2020, 12:17 PM
I could be wrong but it looks like a Christmas Card to me

Alpha
15-12-2020, 12:28 PM
Correct received from them today. I was just trying to diffuse the up down battle going on. I am looking forward to Christmas and New Years.

Balance
15-12-2020, 12:30 PM
And down she goes.

Down we go ...

Tomm on 9 December - when sp was 95c. :t_up:

Balance
15-12-2020, 12:31 PM

A Christmas card from PEB!

Now something must have happened this year?

Alpha
15-12-2020, 12:44 PM
I can imagine ANZ is quite happy to have brought in at 0.66

tomm
15-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Tomm on 9 December - when sp was 95c. :t_up:
We will see.

Rawz
15-12-2020, 01:21 PM
PEB hype is building. 'Rocket ships' and 'to the moon' memes appearing on facebook share groups- dominated by the sharesies army. How does it go? Buy the rumor, sell the news?

Balance
15-12-2020, 01:41 PM
PEB hype is building. 'Rocket ships' and 'to the moon' memes appearing on facebook share groups- dominated by the sharesies army. How does it go? Buy the rumor, sell the news?

Buy the rumour, sell the fact?

I must say there is something odd about how quickly the sp has risen from 71c to $1.00+.

Sir Ten
15-12-2020, 01:41 PM
How on earth is this a $700m market cap company?

pierre
15-12-2020, 02:04 PM
Buy the rumour, sell the fact?

I must say there is something odd about how quickly the sp has risen from 71c to $1.00+.

We have seen this kind of over-reaction with PEB in the past , though based on much more speculative propositions than appear to be the case at present.

The recent brokers' recommendations come with caveats about PEB's high execution risk but it seems that only the 12-month target prices of $1.40 -$1.60 are being read and driving the hype.

It's much more fun being on the PEB roller coaster than at Dreamworld right now but I am fully prepared for the inevitable dip at some point - unless there is an update in the next month or two to support the present level of enthusiasm.

GLTAH and joyeux Noel!

Balance
15-12-2020, 02:12 PM
We will see.

Nothing to see from you - what's the point of commenting on intra day sp movement if you cannot even get it right!

Brain
15-12-2020, 02:40 PM

That is a very politically correct card Miner. No mention of Christmas at all. The non Christian shareholders can receive that one without taking offence.

tomm
15-12-2020, 04:41 PM
and...............

tomm
15-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Nothing to see from you - what's the point of commenting on intra day sp movement if you cannot even get it right!
and...........

Bjauck
17-12-2020, 01:48 PM
That is a very politically correct card Miner. No mention of Christmas at all. The non Christian shareholders can receive that one without taking offence.
It looks suspiciously like a Christmas tree. However they are recognising climate change with their depiction of snowflakes on their Summer Holidays card!

calledone
18-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Wonder if some of those cash coming out of ATM will end up finding it's way to PEB!

Ggcc
18-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Wonder if some of those cash coming out of ATM will end up finding it's way to PEB!
It will find shares everywhere. But everything is way overvalued.......... So what to buy?

Longhaul
18-12-2020, 03:43 PM
It will find shares everywhere. But everything is way overvalued.......... So what to buy?

Sky TV and Evolve Education. Thanks!

Tsuba
18-12-2020, 05:32 PM

CDY is way undervalued try that.

Minerbarejet
19-12-2020, 06:50 AM
For those that dont know CDY is listed on the ASX and is directly connected to PEB as Cellmid (CDY) Midkine (MK) is one of the markers in the cxBladder test.
It also has a rapidly increasing sales in beauty products and just signed a major distribution deal in all of Asia including China and excluding Japan.

Balance
19-12-2020, 06:56 AM

On what basis is CDY way undervalued?

Interested to know.

By way of reference, here’s an article I googled :

https://stockhead.com.au/health/dr-borehams-crucible-cellmid/

Minerbarejet
19-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Perhaps we should shift this over to the ASX CDY thread where I will post a link to Cellmids announcements for 2020, as well as here.

Save cluttering up the PEB thread.

https://cellmid.com.au/investors/asx-announcements/2020-asx-announcements/

Longhaul
19-12-2020, 10:48 AM
Perhaps we should shift this over to the ASX CDY thread where I will post a link to Cellmids announcements for 2020, as well as here.

Save cluttering up the PEB thread.

https://cellmid.com.au/investors/asx-announcements/2020-asx-announcements/

Thanks Minerbarejet. The Cellmid license hadn't crossed my mind for some time. Might be worth taking a closer look at CDY, a turnaround play in the making?

Minerbarejet
19-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Thanks Minerbarejet. The Cellmid license hadn't crossed my mind for some time. Might be worth taking a closer look at CDY, a turnaround play in the making?
Another PEB factor for Cellmid is the 20 thousand odd CMS tests that havent been paid for as yet.
I suspect there would be some royalties due to CDY if this came to fruition.

Greekwatchdog
21-12-2020, 09:43 AM
More Good News..- https://www.nzx.com/announcements/365389

LEMON
21-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Well done Pacific Edge

whatsup
21-12-2020, 10:15 AM
Nice opening up another 3 cents

Balance
21-12-2020, 10:22 AM
Nice opening up another 3 cents

Up 6c now.

Where is it going to stop!?

Waltzing
21-12-2020, 10:26 AM
NZ standard, if it comes to be recognised world wide?

calledone
21-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Up 6c now.

Where is it going to stop!?

Looks like the roof is taken off for the time being. The way it's going and few more good news, we might see the analyst price targets hit sooner than their own expectations.

whatsup
21-12-2020, 10:34 AM
Best share in NZ for 2020, who picked it also in the comp ?

Balance
21-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Looks like the roof is taken off for the time being. The way it's going and few more good news, we might see the analyst price targets hit sooner than their own expectations.

Their price targets are based on current state of plays - if PEB makes progress on other fronts, the price targets change of course.

Imagine if PEB announces a move into China, via Singapore.

calledone
21-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Their price targets are based on current state of plays - if PEB makes progress on other fronts, the price targets change of course.

Imagine if PEB announces a move into Chian, via Singapore.

Yes, I'm eagerly waiting to know the Singapore outcome too. Hopefully in 2021.

Yoda
21-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Just a thought. But with people afraid of covid contact, using this test does allowed for physical distancing rather than cystoscopy . that might drive up sales?

Waltzing
21-12-2020, 11:09 AM
UK and Europe? would have thought this is where it would really take off.

Balance
21-12-2020, 11:14 AM

PEB tried before and had no success.

May be different now that US is showing progress.

I believe Asia will be more receptive to CxBladder, especially if it's done via Singapore which markets itself as a centre of medical excellence.

Greekwatchdog
21-12-2020, 11:16 AM
Europe is a different beast. Its very Fragmented. Spain was one they tried. I am sure I read they will wait for them to come to them. Anyway who knows now.

calledone
21-12-2020, 11:19 AM

If I remember correctly, the reason given during the last meeting was that there were too many differing standards of care between the countries in Europe.

Minerbarejet
21-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Just a thought. But with people afraid of covid contact, using this test does allowed for physical distancing rather than cystoscopy . that might drive up sales?This is the TRIAGE test and was conducted with Imaging included. I dont know if imaging could be ruled out at this point to allow physical distancing but I suspect not.

The Monitor test that checks patients after the operation is for recurrence and can be utilized via telehealth.
With Britain and Europe struggling with Covid cases and lockdowns I cant imagine what the effect on patient monitoring might be by current guidelines requiring cystoscopies at clinics.

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:04 AM

PEB up 1008671.9% today. News must be VERY good lol

Minerbarejet
22-12-2020, 10:06 AM
nice uplift to 11500 a share

Perhaps they have listed on the NASDAQ

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Looks like its on all shares bloody ASB

calledone
22-12-2020, 10:10 AM

PEB up 1008671.9% today. News must be VERY good lol

Lol!!!!! we have many multi-billionaires in the house now.

Balance
22-12-2020, 10:10 AM
nice uplift to 11500 a share

We are all millionaires and billionaires!

:scared:

:t_up:

:D

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:13 AM
A great time to be alive - I just sold everything thank you ASB

calledone
22-12-2020, 10:14 AM
a great time to be alive - i just sold everything thank you asb

:d:d:d:d:d

Balance
22-12-2020, 10:17 AM
And PEB powers on - sp at $1.08.

There must be more to this price rise than just NZX50 inclusion and a couple of brokers' upgraded recommendations?

calledone
22-12-2020, 10:26 AM
And PEB powers on - sp at $1.08.

There must be more to this price rise than just NZX50 inclusion and a couple of brokers' upgraded recommendations?

Yeah, I had the same feeling since the week of Dec 3. Almost 37 million shares traded hands since then in this uptrend, so this is no weak uplift. Might be a combination of a lot of the things mentioned in this thread since Dec 3 or maybe there is something more to it. I have been suspecting the Singapore inclusion is very near since Dec, who knows! Also a lot of short term traders might have been flushed out.

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Are they going to make profit sooner than expected?

Also think Singapore makes sense.

Greekwatchdog
22-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Thats Crystal Ball Stuff...

Alpha
22-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Good old Crystal Ball. However what about the price now 1.23

Jhunt
22-12-2020, 10:47 AM
not much depth after 1.25

pierre
22-12-2020, 10:55 AM
not much depth after 1.25

Back to the heady days of 2013! While there's probably (a bit) more substance behind the euphoria at the moment, punters are still buying blue sky as the limited amount of cash in the bank has not been generated from sales revenue.

There are great prospects and a huge addressable market for PEB but there are also execution risks and potential competition to consider - which someone has just thought about as the SP drops back to 122.

Longhaul
22-12-2020, 11:05 AM
Back to the heady days of 2013! While there's probably (a bit) more substance behind the euphoria at the moment, punters are still buying blue sky as the limited amount of cash in the bank has not been generated from sales revenue.

There are great prospects and a huge addressable market for PEB but there are also execution risks and potential competition to consider - which someone has just thought about as the SP drops back to 122.

Yeah revenue is in the back of my mind, but on the other hand I wonder what a big pharma company would have to pay to acquire the company? If PEB were listed on US markets I suspect it would be valued much higher than it is based on milestones achieved and total addressable market that lies in front of it.

Edit - PEB addressed the competition aspect quite well in their AGM and stated that they were 10 years ahead of the competitors.

Balance
22-12-2020, 11:10 AM

One thing for sure - one does not want to sell now and wake up tomorrow to find that there's a $2.50 takeover offer from one of the cashed up US pharmaceutical companies!

Greekwatchdog
22-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Personally I think they will need to pay alot more than that. For Bar suggests if there is a takeover they will need to pay a large Premium just not todays price but 2/3 years...

calledone
22-12-2020, 11:18 AM
One thing for sure - one does not want to sell now and wake up tomorrow to find that there's a $2.50 takeover offer from one of the cashed up US pharmaceutical companies!

I'm hoping management will try and get this listed in US in the next couple of years when they will most likely turn profitable. Then $2.50 might look like peanuts lol!

pierre
22-12-2020, 11:18 AM

Agreed. I've ridden the PEB roller coaster since 2012 so I'm sure as hell not jumping off now as it heads up the incline again. I suspect the inevitable dip wont affect the tummy too much this time either, so I'm happy to stay buckled in and enjoy the ride.

tomm
22-12-2020, 11:24 AM
Profit taking before Xmas .

Alpha
22-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Pierre you must like riding roller coasters. :)

Why do you say the inevitable dip? Are you referring to the overall out look world wide?

pierre
22-12-2020, 11:56 AM

Why do you say the inevitable dip? Are you referring to the overall out look world wide?

Yes I do enjoy roller coasters - the scariest was Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's Berry Farm in California many years ago - but PEB has caused similar tummy churning feelings at times too!

I say the inevitable dip because markets don't keep climbing forever - just look back at March this year. In the case of PEB, I think the current SP is built on FOMO and euphoria and we are yet to see the prospects - good as they seem - turned into reality. So, some holders/traders will be keen to take profits and that usually results in a backwards move in the SP.

However, I don't think any PEB dip will last long as I expect future announcements from the company will generally contain good news. If that eventuates, IMHO we may well see the broker forecasts of $1.40/$1.60 reached well before the end of 2021.

DISCL: Hold heaps of PEB @59c and this is not advice.

Minerbarejet
22-12-2020, 12:20 PM
The telling point will be where Balance sells up and switches back to negative mode again.
Must be getting close. :)

barney
22-12-2020, 01:43 PM
The telling point will be where Balance sells up and switches back to negative mode again.

I think Balance's Road To Damascus experience regarding PEB is the highlight of the year.

calledone
22-12-2020, 01:49 PM
Wake me when it gets to 1.84, thats around its previous high.

Looks like this might end up being quite a prediction ;)

tomm
22-12-2020, 07:01 PM
https://www.stockopedia.com/articles/pacific-edge-hits-52w-high-ndash-but-will-it-continue-163219/

It's a good time to be a shareholder in Pacific Edge : as the share approaches its 52-week high, holders may be wondering whether to sell and take the profit,or buy more and ride the uptrend.
Shares in Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) are currently trading close to a 52 week high (https://www.stockopedia.com/ratios/price-vs-52-week-high-3/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=2&ticker=NZE-PEB), with the share price up by around 43.7% to 1.03 over the past month.
For investors holding the stock (or considering buying it), the question is: what now?
52-week highs are a popular market indicator. But research shows investors can be left wondering what to do when it happens when a 52-week high is hit. Here’s a primer on what the academic research says...

Access all of Pacific Edge's financial metrics – free trial (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans)
What happens when a share hits a new high?

52 week highs are always good news. But surprisingly, the prices of high performing shares can be slow to move when they publish positive earnings news.
Research shows this happens because investors are cautious about bidding high performing shares any higher (even if they deserve it). Psychologists call this anchoring (https://www.stockopedia.com/content/a-guide-to-the-52-week-high-and-the-risks-of-anchoring-328253/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=4&ticker=NZE-PEB). As humans, we tend to take our time when it comes to changing our opinions in the face of new information - even when it's good news.
This emotional tug-of-war often ends with the ‘new high’ stock drifting higher in price over the coming weeks and months. The upward trend is called “post earnings announcement drift”. As the news sinks in, momentum (https://help.stockopedia.com/product-guide/stockranks/basics/the-momentum-rank?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=5&ticker=NZE-PEB) takes over and the price moves higher.
A look at Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans)’s StockReport (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) could offer more insight into what’s driving the momentum in its share price - and whether that might continue.
What does this mean for potential investors?

With Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) trading close to a 52 week high, it’s possible that investors in the market are uncertain about where the price will move next. It's important to remember that momentum on its own is no guarantee of future returns.
To get a better idea about whether this trend will continue, it's worth doing some investigation yourself. Indeed, we've identified some areas of concern with Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) that you can find out about here (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans).
Alternatively, if you'd like to find more shares that are trading close to new highs, you can find them on this 52 Week Highs screen (https://www.stockopedia.com/screens/52-week-highs-908153/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=11&ticker=NZE-PEB).

calledone
22-12-2020, 07:50 PM
https://www.stockopedia.com/articles/pacific-edge-hits-52w-high-ndash-but-will-it-continue-163219/

It's a good time to be a shareholder in Pacific Edge : as the share approaches its 52-week high, holders may be wondering whether to sell and take the profit,or buy more and ride the uptrend.
Shares in Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) are currently trading close to a 52 week high (https://www.stockopedia.com/ratios/price-vs-52-week-high-3/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=2&ticker=NZE-PEB), with the share price up by around 43.7% to 1.03 over the past month.
For investors holding the stock (or considering buying it), the question is: what now?
52-week highs are a popular market indicator. But research shows investors can be left wondering what to do when it happens when a 52-week high is hit. Here’s a primer on what the academic research says...

Access all of Pacific Edge's financial metrics – free trial (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans)

52 week highs are always good news. But surprisingly, the prices of high performing shares can be slow to move when they publish positive earnings news.
Research shows this happens because investors are cautious about bidding high performing shares any higher (even if they deserve it). Psychologists call this anchoring (https://www.stockopedia.com/content/a-guide-to-the-52-week-high-and-the-risks-of-anchoring-328253/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=4&ticker=NZE-PEB). As humans, we tend to take our time when it comes to changing our opinions in the face of new information - even when it's good news.
This emotional tug-of-war often ends with the ‘new high’ stock drifting higher in price over the coming weeks and months. The upward trend is called “post earnings announcement drift”. As the news sinks in, momentum (https://help.stockopedia.com/product-guide/stockranks/basics/the-momentum-rank?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=5&ticker=NZE-PEB) takes over and the price moves higher.
A look at Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans)’s StockReport (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) could offer more insight into what’s driving the momentum in its share price - and whether that might continue.
What does this mean for potential investors?

With Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) trading close to a 52 week high, it’s possible that investors in the market are uncertain about where the price will move next. It's important to remember that momentum on its own is no guarantee of future returns.
To get a better idea about whether this trend will continue, it's worth doing some investigation yourself. Indeed, we've identified some areas of concern with Pacific Edge (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans) that you can find out about here (https://www.stockopedia.com/auth/register/?redirect=plans).
Alternatively, if you'd like to find more shares that are trading close to new highs, you can find them on this 52 Week Highs screen (https://www.stockopedia.com/screens/52-week-highs-908153/?tid=808&bid=341&sid=247640&aid=163219&cta=11&ticker=NZE-PEB).

So in summary buy more and ride the uptrend!!

Poverty
22-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Did my DD when it was around 70s and I think we're reaching the correct valuation for pacific edge in this sector maybe not before but certainly now. There are US Biotech companies that do cancer genetic testing that are similar to Cxbladder e.g. Castle biosciences a company that tests for melanoma has around 12~17M USD quarter revenue has market cap of 1.7B USD (~2.4B NZD) and it has been trending upwards (x3 this year) since its IPO. It also had the premise that it will allow practitioners to cut down on unncessary invasive procedures for patients if genetic testing is integrated into the health pathway which in this case is a need for lymph node biopsy for low stage melanoma (this company checks for the risk of metastasis or recurrence as previously people categorised as low-risk developed metastatic disease).

Although Cxbladder had 4.1M revenue and 500M marketcap (~770M now), genetic testing is becoming popular to cut down on invasive tests and Cxbladder has only gotten approved recently so there is a lot of upside. I had a look at the research like everyone else, forums of patients with bladder cancer but there were also comments on the cms website for the approval with ~9 comments stating it was the only test available that had a high enough sensitivity to rule out unncessary tests and one stating that they have already modified their treatment algorithms and are dependent on Cxbladder to deliver quality care without frequent endoscopic exams (which you need a lot of for bladder cancer if you do get it). Also, I don't know if there are any other companies that come close to it's sensitivity for bladder cancer let alone the facilities and systems in place. Till recently it was trading at an insane discount compared to overseas companies valuations. Just my personal opinion - I think that genetic testing not just in bladder cancer but also other cancer's are gaining popularity for many different uses and will be the test of choice before doing invasive procedures for certain groups in the near future. Genetic testing for cancer is a revolutionary advance in medicine for reducing unncessary invasive tests and improving health outcomes such as detecting cancer in those deemed low risk.

Disclosure: My opinions are heavily biased since it's the only company that I hold now. I think that it's still undervalued but it can go down since it's had hell of a run, potential bubble in biotech, revenues are on the low side but with the previous financial report not accounting for recent earnings and COVID going on so do your own DD.

Minerbarejet
22-12-2020, 08:39 PM
An interesting summation.
Thanks for that.
"It also had the premise that it will allow practitioners to cut down on unnecessary invasive procedures for patients if genetic testing is integrated into the health pathway which in this case is a need for lymph node biopsy for low stage melanoma (this company checks for the risk of metastasis or recurrence as previously people categorised as low-risk developed metastatic disease)."

This is of significance for CDY as they are developing MK antibodies to suppress the metastasis of melanoma.

Balance
22-12-2020, 09:43 PM
I think Balance's Road To Damascus experience regarding PEB is the highlight of the year.

Kaiser & LCD inclusion being the eye openers.

barney
22-12-2020, 10:07 PM
I hope your investment brings you success in the new year.

Balance
22-12-2020, 10:29 PM
I hope your investment brings you success in the new year.

Thanks, Barney.

Likewise, best wishes and success with your investments too.

tomm
23-12-2020, 09:36 AM
They need to : Show Me The Money!

Minerbarejet
23-12-2020, 10:28 AM
They need to : Show Me The Money!
You wont see anything much regarding money until late May unless that CMS payment comes through.
At which point 1.25 will seem like a bargain

tomm
23-12-2020, 10:32 AM
You wont see anything much regarding money until late May unless that CMS payment comes through.
At which point 1.25 will seem like a bargain
The business will just start making profit in start of 2022 , IMO. then it will be $1.25.

Balance
23-12-2020, 11:35 AM

Gave my reply way back in June this year:

Thanks.

I will wait for the LCD inclusion.

Then one can be confident that there's only upside from thereon in.

How much upside is there in the stock from current levels?

The answer lies in the coverage now provided on PEB by the brokers (both here & overseas) and the interest evident from overseas institutions and investors.

The overseas investors and institutions certainly have better perception of what upside potential there is in biomed stocks than NZ investors.

pierre
23-12-2020, 04:33 PM

Hi Alpha

The "inevitable dip" with PEB is now occurring. Not a stomach churner, but SP has dropped to 120 as I write.

Bound to be fixed with the next update from the company though. ;)

Minerbarejet
23-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Hi Alpha

The "inevitable dip" with PEB is now occurring. Not a stomach churner, but SP has dropped to 120 as I write.

Looks like a case of FIMI
(Fear of missing in)

Hello123
23-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Hi Alpha

In this case here can you explain why people sell?

Its like there fighting a group of buyers essentially stopping the SP from continuing to increase.

so many buyers kept increasing bids to buy and sellers just keep dumping it in and dropping the price why not just hold the shares and they will keep going up?

I never understand this when a share has great sentiment and people keep trying to buy there are people selling loads and keeping it from flying up, just don't sell.

Is it to get theirs sold before someone else has the same idea?

thegreatestben
23-12-2020, 04:52 PM
Sharesies just put a notice up showing the closures of NZX over the break and they've probably all just realised they want their money out for the break.

Minerbarejet
23-12-2020, 04:53 PM

Its like there fighting a group of buyers essentially stopping the SP from continuing to increase.

so many buyers kept increasing bids to buy and sellers just keep dumping it in and dropping the price why not just hold the shares and they will keep going up?

I never understand this when a share has great sentiment and people keep trying to buy there are people selling loads and keeping it from flying up, just don't sell.

Its a market, mate - completely irrational.

Long overdue correction.

pierre
23-12-2020, 05:12 PM

Is it to get theirs sold before someone else has the same idea?

Who knows?

Everyone has different investment strategies and motivations for buying or selling. Traders may be taking profits - anticipating a SP drop or moving their funds into the "next big thing". Some sellers may need the funds for some other reason - maybe to build a new deck. (If you've been following this thread for a number of years you'll get the meaning of this option!)

If you're an investor (like me) you'll probably stand on the side line watching the ups and downs with interest but doing nothing about any of them -unless you see an opportunity to buy more. (PEB has now shot up to 23% of my portfolio so I'm just watching.)

Other than that, mind-reading skills are required and I don't have them.

Longhaul
23-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Hi Alpha

I think this is more likely a minor tree shake or a trader locking in gains before Xmas (and likely lower liquidity). VWAP was close to 1.24 on good volume which bodes well.

Ggcc
24-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Down she goes....... Pop

Louisphan
24-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Mate,

If people keep buying/ holding stocks and doesn’t sell out, where the money come from? Money just go around and correction are normal steps of a stock. As long as a stock flat out or doesn’t break the stop loss price, it is a good stock.

Ggcc
24-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Mate,

If people keep buying/ holding stocks and doesn’t sell out, where the money come from? Money just go around and correction are normal steps of a stock. As long as a stock flat out or doesn’t break the stop loss price, it is a good stock.
It could be because our man david darling sold some more shares at $1.21

Greekwatchdog
24-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Link attached. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/365680/338180.pdf

Baa_Baa
24-12-2020, 12:09 PM
It could be because our man david darling sold some more shares at $1.21

Good grief, shows you what he thinks of the current SP and future prospects. $72m cap to $860m in a few short months, KACHING! Cash out time by the MD.

pierre
24-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Who knows?

Some sellers may need the funds for some other reason - maybe to build a new deck. (If you've been following this thread for a number of years you'll get the meaning of this option!).

Must be a very big one this time! :)

Dave is still hanging on to ~9m shares though so he's still looking forward to the big payday.

trader_jackson
24-12-2020, 12:36 PM
I was just about to say... another deck to build?

jridler
24-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Hard to please some people...I recall Geoffrey Babidge and other directors selling A2 shares back in 2016/2017 (well before the peak, I would add). What a riot that ensued from SH'ers! Remember that DD has been at this for a long, long time. I for one am pleased that he is receiving some level of payback for laying the groundwork over the last 15+ years.

tomm
24-12-2020, 02:20 PM
500k shares SOLD right before Xmas. Cashing in big chunk. I would do the same .

LEMON
24-12-2020, 02:37 PM
You're the man

850man
24-12-2020, 03:27 PM
I was just about to say... another deck to build?
Maybe this deck is the kind with a boat underneath it! Regardless cashing up a 5% holding isn't an ominous sign although weak hands may think so. Merry Christmas all. This year has been quite a ride!

Balance
29-12-2020, 09:32 AM
Maybe this deck is the kind with a boat underneath it! Regardless cashing up a 5% holding isn't an ominous sign although weak hands may think so. Merry Christmas all. This year has been quite a ride!

There will be many who will remember the sale of shares by David Darling & Chris Swan (Chairman at that time) in 2014 - which marked the high point of PEB sp for 6.5 years after that!

Should we read the same into this sale of 500k shares?

Let the discussions & debates flow!

Minerbarejet
29-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Instead of going down memory lane feast your eyes on this

https://www.auajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1097/JU.0000000000001550 (https://www.auajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1097/JU.0000000000001550)

An "Interested Bystander" sent me this today

Make special note of some heavy hitters in the field, Shariat and Lotan and a number of Kaiser personnel and of course a couple from Pacific Edge

Longhaul
30-12-2020, 08:02 AM
Instead of going down memory lane feast your eyes on this

https://www.auajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1097/JU.0000000000001550 (https://www.auajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1097/JU.0000000000001550)

An "Interested Bystander" sent me this today

Make special note of some heavy hitters in the field, Shariat and Lotan and a number of Kaiser personnel and of course a couple from Pacific Edge

Trying to figure out what this could mean. I imagine that they are positioning for an update to the guidelines. Perhaps so that genomic testing is recommended for low risk factor patients?

Minerbarejet
30-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Not being privy to the copyrighted part of the announcement its hard to say what the objective is other than the graduated approach to the treatment based on the same factors that cxBladder use in their assessments along with the the test itself.
I think.:)

Longhaul
02-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Recently published article: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00345-020-03569-2

(https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00345-020-03569-2)Seems to be pointing in the right direction in light of PEB's recent announcement re: clinical utility.

"What still needs study and confirmation is the cost-effectiveness of the use of these markers, which is highly dependent on health care costs per country and marker price. In all, however, implementation of these new urinary markers after confirmation of current results might significantly reduce patient burden and health care costs in the near future without reducing quality."

calledone
02-01-2021, 07:43 PM
Is the following something of a concern? This guideline is effective from 1st Jan 2021.

On page 296:

- The current diagnostic performance of biomarkers are inadequate to replace cystoscopy in the primary hematuria setting.”

- “Given the current evidence, the use of these markers as an adjunct to cystoscopy for the evaluation of hematuria should be considered investigational.”

https://www.evicore.com/-/media/files/evicore/clinical-guidelines/solution/lab-management/healthplan/healthfirstfllabmgmtguidelinesv102021_eff01012021_ pub08312020.pdf

Longhaul
02-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Is the following something of a concern? This guideline is effective from 1st Jan 2021.

On page 296:

- The current diagnostic performance of biomarkers are inadequate to replace cystoscopy in the primary hematuria setting.”

- “Given the current evidence, the use of these markers as an adjunct to cystoscopy for the evaluation of hematuria should be considered investigational.”

https://www.evicore.com/-/media/files/evicore/clinical-guidelines/solution/lab-management/healthplan/healthfirstfllabmgmtguidelinesv102021_eff01012021_ pub08312020.pdf

In my opinion, not really concerning. In fact I would suggest that these two statements you've highlighted do not preclude the use of cxBladder.

My plain English interpretation of the above is:

1) don't use a biomarker instead of cystoscopy - I don't think PEB have ever suggested this but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2) Use these biomarkers with cystoscopy for investigative purposes - I would have thought this is EXACTLY how the cxBladder suite of products is supposed to be used.

In the longer term I would like to see cxBladder replace cytology, and become the biomarker of choice for physicians and the Holy Grail is to eventually be recommended in the AUA guidelines.

Minerbarejet
02-01-2021, 08:48 PM
Look at the dates on the references.

Also the latest seems to be to use cxBladder with imaging in a triage situation.

cxBladder was to be used as an adjunct to cystoscopy but in some cases it seems to be superior not just for convenience but actual results.

One of the main reasons I invested in PEB was because of the fact that in the original trials 4 extra cancers were detected that Cystoscopy could

not find.

calledone
02-01-2021, 09:21 PM
Look at the dates on the references.

Also the latest seems to be to use cxBladder with imaging in a triage situation.

cxBladder was to be used as an adjunct to cystoscopy but in some cases it seems to be superior not just for convenience but actual results.

One of the main reasons I invested in PEB was because of the fact that in the original trials 4 extra cancers were detected that Cystoscopy could

not find.

Thanks, just saw the dates on the references. I wonder why they make guidelines based on old research while new studies are available!

Minerbarejet
03-01-2021, 07:55 AM
Fear of litigation in a nation run by lawyers.

Looks to me like somebody got onto the CMS and told them to stop fluffing around and get this stuff out there.

No clues as to who that might have been though.

Mel
07-01-2021, 10:03 PM
Question that I haven't got around to asking.......I was very late to the investor presentation and was curious about whether there was any reference or updates on the CMS reimbursements at this forum prior to my arrival? Thanks in advance

Retired Doc
08-01-2021, 01:58 PM
IMHO the AUA will be very conservative and fear of litigation will be an influence re substituting Cxb for cystoscopy. However it must be remembered there is a morbidity associated with cystoscopy particularly if a general is used which it sometimes is. Patient preference will eventually win the day if urologists don’t adopt but I am sure they will.

Retired Doc
08-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Sorry “general anaesthetic “

newi
13-01-2021, 12:06 PM
any idea why the SP has been dropping consistently the last couple weeks?

Alpha
13-01-2021, 01:24 PM
Bit of a sale on at the moment anyone acquiring more?

newi
13-01-2021, 03:14 PM
I will as soon as i get paid lol. my average went high to 1.17 after i bought some more when it reached 1.23 i was hoping was going to keep climbing and now i guess i have to ride the dip which is ok since company i still believe it could go to 5.00 a share so i will be collecting more progressively, just surprised that drop all the way to 1.12 for no reason? (many ppl selling?)

Roskat
13-01-2021, 08:10 PM
A small packet Alpha. Stick with it and close my eyes for 2 years. low av so will wait for the travel bubble to burst.

Carpenterjoe
14-01-2021, 11:34 AM
800m mcap might be a little over valued atm. My gut tells me we could see it retract to 50-70ish cent lows. Unless we get some positive surprises.

newi
14-01-2021, 12:54 PM
800m mcap might be a little over valued atm. My gut tells me we could see it retract to 50-70ish cent lows. Unless we get some positive surprises.

im thinking either the investor update in march or the end of year results in may will bring the SP up but i would love to see preleminary results. i will ride the dip either way 1 or 2 years 1.20 will seem cheap.

Carpenterjoe
14-01-2021, 02:33 PM
im thinking either the investor update in march or the end of year results in may will bring the SP up but i would love to see preleminary results. i will ride the dip either way 1 or 2 years 1.20 will seem cheap.

Mine are, Guidelines and Growth, need both. Otherwise SP will stall and could come into TO risk. Also SP breaking the 200MA on the monthly and approaching it on the quarterly.

Alpha
16-01-2021, 07:52 PM
https://ksusentinel.com/2021/01/15/urothelial-carcinoma-treatment-marketindustry-growth-competitive-analysis-and-future-prospects/

Alpha
16-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Any one download/paid for this? I went to download then realised its only a sample. So not keen to proceed. If anyone else is/has is there anything interesting from there report?

850man
18-01-2021, 11:20 AM
Sp down 10% over the last 10 days - anyone know what's triggered this?

McPussPuss
18-01-2021, 11:30 AM
Sp down 10% over the last 10 days - anyone know what's triggered this?

Just part and parcel of the previous charge up by around 70% on no specific news in the space of only a month. Accumulation, positioning, leading to momentum, now profit taking.

newi
18-01-2021, 02:34 PM
so my average was 1.17 and i read some opinion here that might go down back to 0.70 which make sense looking back. that being said im pretty confident will bounce back one the results are released on march-may but im thinking what if i lock in the small loss just to watch it drop to 0.70 and buy again, i might do it anyway but keen to have a second opinion i currently own 2000 shares at average price of 1.17

Dotbond
18-01-2021, 03:03 PM
Newi, you need to decide if you are a Trader or a long time holder.
Only you can answer the question you have.

Rawz
18-01-2021, 09:39 PM
so my average was 1.17 and i read some opinion here that might go down back to 0.70 which make sense looking back. that being said im pretty confident will bounce back one the results are released on march-may but im thinking what if i lock in the small loss just to watch it drop to 0.70 and buy again, i might do it anyway but keen to have a second opinion i currently own 2000 shares at average price of 1.17

Nobody knows if it will go to $0.70. Just as likely to go to $1.70.

The three analysts covering PEB have $1.40, $1.50 and $1.60 price targets.

Leftfield
19-01-2021, 11:47 AM
Hi Newi,
A few thoughts re your post 18950
1.) Important for you to own your own decisions - any advice others give you is biased by often different investing criteria.
2.) When investing in any company you should decide the level of investment you hope to get (eg (say) $10k of your funds invested in PEB) then buy in increments. Not all at once. Increments provide opportunities for DCA so you won't be caught out in the bind you currently find yourself in.
3.) Important that you also use TA to guide the timing of your purchases. Your av SP of $1.17 is rather high and runs contrary to many TA signals.

Whatever you decide this is a learning opportunity and an opportunity to refine your investing style accordingly.

850man
19-01-2021, 12:35 PM
Crikey down 7% today, time for a good news update PEB people

newi
19-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Crikey down 7% today, time for a good news update PEB people

Investor update should be in march.

newi
19-01-2021, 12:41 PM
Hi Newi,
A few thoughts re your post 18950
1.) Important for you to own your own decisions - any advice others give you is biased by often different investing criteria.
2.) When investing in any company you should decide the level of investment you hope to get (eg (say) $10k of your funds invested in PEB) then buy in increments. Not all at once. Increments provide opportunities for DCA so you won't be caught out in the bind you currently find yourself in.
3.) Important that you also use TA to guide the timing of your purchases. Your av SP of $1.17 is rather high and runs contrary to many TA signals.

Whatever you decide this is a learning opportunity and an opportunity to refine your investing style accordingly.

Thanks for your words. Def a learning experience for me. im expecting the SP to pick up once year results are shown in may.

jimdog31
19-01-2021, 12:49 PM
I cant believe the impatience of some "investors" who bought in on no news and sell out on no news...... do they really think that Dec-Jan is going to contain alot of company updates?

Minerbarejet
19-01-2021, 12:56 PM
looks as if the interest associated with PEB getting a bulk payment from CMS is waning a bit.
Even at 1.00 its ten times where it was last June before the major news broke regarding CMS and a bit later Kaiser

Minerbarejet
19-01-2021, 12:57 PM
I cant believe the impatience of some "investors" who bought in on no news and sell out on no news...... do they really think that Dec-Jan is going to contain alot of company updates?
Probably Sharesies running for cover.

psychic
19-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Op revenue last 6 months $3.3m, market value at .97 around $700m.:scared:
So much growth factored into this price it is insane. All on hype and the belief that KP and CMS agreements will convert to huge profits soon. Yet no evidence yet that this is happening, or will.

LEMON
19-01-2021, 01:21 PM
I like it.
Chance to accumulate more shares very soon I reckon.

whatsup
19-01-2021, 01:26 PM
Relentless selling since $1.20 down to $.95 more than profit taking Im picking, why ?

LEMON
19-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Could it been that SP was a little ridiculous now people are feeling the bite of the drop, few scared and a few stop losses getting hit?

xp04
19-01-2021, 01:39 PM
Relentless selling since $1.20 down to $.95 more than profit taking Im picking, why ?

Maybe some just realized what happened back in 2014 after David Darling sold chunk of his shares? :)

calledone
19-01-2021, 01:47 PM
Maybe some just realized what happened back in 2014 after David Darling sold chunk of his shares? :)

I think quite a bit of difference in potential, exposure to new markets and achievements then and now.

850man
19-01-2021, 01:49 PM

David couldn't have timed his sell any better either - right at the peak

LEMON
19-01-2021, 01:49 PM
I also wouldn't underestimate the sharsies players.
I remember being on their Facebook page when PEB was a rave from ANZ buy-in. I remember some guys had 30k in PEB. I mean 30k, for new investors in only one stock? The share price is stable then boom you double your money. It begins to decline, what would you do as a new investor who doubled up? Sell I reckon. And there were a few big bidders also.

calledone
19-01-2021, 02:02 PM
David couldn't have timed his sell any better either - right at the peak

I doubt he timed it but by him selling there, it became the peak. Anyway it was only like 5% of his holding.

xp04
19-01-2021, 02:04 PM
I think quite a bit of difference in potential, exposure to new markets and achievements then and now.

New markets like Singapore? Well, maybe. But yes, this time is different, no questions about that.

pierre
19-01-2021, 02:54 PM
It IS different this time - there is good news to come - but when and how much is anyone's guess.

With broker targets ranging from $1.40 to $1.60 - but in 12 months time and with a risk caveat - it seems many buyers jumped the gun and forced the SP northwards way ahead of any actual news being released.

No panic selling by me. I've seen PEB at $1.70 and at 10cents and ridden the waves over the years. I'm hanging on to my investment waiting for the SP to reach $5 in 5 years time - or to be subject of a juicy T/O bid sometime before then.:)

Meantime traders are having a bit of fun - or there are some panic merchants running for cover.

GLTAH & DYOR.

DISCL: Hold heaps at 59c ave.

Snow Leopard
19-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Looks like it was a confused day in the market.

source (https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-11-04/A-golden-age-of-snow-leopard-protection-in-China-V8AZ8qy6Wc/index.html)

Minerbarejet
19-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Somebody shaking the tree to see if there are any weak hands.

Looks like it was successful.

Those that sold out at 94 can buy them back at 1.06 but you wont have as many.

Habits
19-01-2021, 08:28 PM
bought at 98 only to watch them fall further and began imagining they would drop into the 80s. Roller coaster day for sure

Mel
19-01-2021, 09:49 PM
It IS different this time - there is good news to come - but when and how much is anyone's guess.

With broker targets ranging from $1.40 to $1.60 - but in 12 months time and with a risk caveat - it seems many buyers jumped the gun and forced the SP northwards way ahead of any actual news being released.

No panic selling by me. I've seen PEB at $1.70 and at 10cents and ridden the waves over the years. I'm hanging on to my investment waiting for the SP to reach $5 in 5 years time - or to be subject of a juicy T/O bid sometime before then.:)

Meantime traders are having a bit of fun - or there are some panic merchants running for cover.

GLTAH & DYOR.

Fully agree with your sentiment Pierre. With the recent declines, its just reversing what was an unsubstantiated increase in SP - this is a 'correction' exacerbated by the overall market decline. PEB is definitely a long term play - just wish I had retained the shares I bought at .10cents!!

Retired Doc
20-01-2021, 09:25 PM

GLTAH & DYOR.

Agree Pierre. I am a "foundation holder" - not so many back then (big mortgage). I have accumulated to a modest holding which I intend to hold on to and may well purchase more....... a "Juicy TO" could be tempting though.

Maxtrade
22-01-2021, 02:33 PM
bought at 98 only to watch them fall further and began imagining they would drop into the 80s. Roller coaster day for sure

A littler slow to recover from the recent profit taking dip (which bottomed at 0.95). Mainly due to a low level resistance at 1.05 on the market depth. This will dissipate in no time and be straight back up to the 1.10 level. With positive March updates in the works this will quickly break through 1.15 and straight back up to 1.25 and head upwards from there. The analysts lower level 1.40 can definitely become a reality as early as March 2021! :)
If purchased over SP 1.0 off the most recent dip to 0.94, don't worry just believe in the strength of the companies current direction. Things are looking great for PEB. This hesitation around 1.05 will be brief and quickly continue to track north. :)
A new wave of buyers are re-entering now, realising they shouldn't have sold out at 0.95 dip and wanting to repurchase their shares so they don't miss out on the next rally. For those who did sell below 1.0 and are holding out to repurchase shares for what you sold at, might be better to just buy back in now, as they are unlikely to dip back to that level again. Rather than miss the boat on the next coming rally.

Maxtrade
25-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Just be ready to purchase more when/if it does dip at any point, to cost average. Then let's expect the analysts SP targets to be met in the coming months of 2021.
So don't fret if you do see any dips along the way, just be cashed up ready to purchase more as you go :)

Maxtrade
25-01-2021, 11:43 AM
They may still drop a bit?, but just be ready to purchase more when/if it does to cost average. Then lets all just cross fingers for the next positive advancements and news for the company in 2021. Once adoption into US healthcare progresses further we will see analysts SP targets met.
:)

Looks like CFO buying more shares. Always a good sign. Obviously feels like SP has bottomed out dip at SP 1.01 resistance level.
When directors are accumulating shares they also obviously feel this will be the new low and now bounce back up from here.
Another level of support has kicked in today, outside of sharsies buyers. So real true resistance for this new low of 1.01. good for existing share holders as most likely we will see rally back up to 1.15 then 1.25 in the coming days. (Now that most profit taking has been actioned already by the looks of it).

Balance
25-01-2021, 04:07 PM
Looks like CFO buying more shares. Always a good sign. Obviously feels like SP has bottomed out dip at SP 1.01 resistance level.
When directors are accumulating shares they also obviously feel this will be the new low and now bounce back up from here.
Another level of support has kicked in today, outside of sharsies buyers. So real true resistance for this new low of 1.01. good for existing share holders as most likely we will see rally back up to 1.15 then 1.25 in the coming days. (Now that most profit taking has been actioned already by the looks of it).

Eh, where did you get CFO buying more shares?

PEB is an event driven stock at this stage of its progression to becoming an earnings & revenue growth story.

In the absence of any developments, sp is going to drift so best to chill & focus on the long term until the next development.

Last development was kinda negative with the MD, DD, selling some shares while as the developments previous to that were all relentlessly positive - KP, LCD, NZX50 inclusion & brokers' research recommendations.

calledone
25-01-2021, 04:28 PM

Lol are you talking about PEB or some other? Insiders have not purchased anything yet except some have exercised their options at around 0.8. Thats all I can see!

Balance
25-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Lol are you talking about PEB or some other? Insiders have not purchased anything yet except some have exercised their options at around 0.8. Thats all I can see!

Ok, I see the capital change notices :

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/366488/339082.pdf

833,331 shares issued for options exercised at between 23c to 69c.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/365748/338185.pdf

335,000 shares issued for options exercised at 80c.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/365395/337857.pdf

576,666 shares issued for options exercised at 23c to 69c.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/362084/333656.pdf

650,000 at between 23c to 53.5c

Then, there's this one for DD which would have been rather grating for him when the sp rocketed to $1.24 in December?

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/359928/330935.pdf

750,000 80c options expired - a cool $330,000 left on the table due to timing

Maxtrade
26-01-2021, 04:27 PM
Up 6% today. Recovery rally from those who mistakenly sold out on recent dip (due to a bit of profit taking) buying back in firmly again now so they don't miss the boat on the next push up. Nice to see. Will be back up above 1.25 in no time :)

calledone
26-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Up 6% today. Recovery rally from those who mistakenly sold out on recent dip (due to a bit of profit taking) buying back in firmly again now so they don't miss the boat on the next push up. Nice to see. Will be back up above 1.25 in no time :)

Most likely due to another upgrade.
https://www.edisongroup.com/publication/operating-revenue-up-46-on-strong-us-growth/28687

Greekwatchdog
26-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Thanks Calledone, been waiting on Edison to update..

Maxtrade
27-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Most likely due to another upgrade.
https://www.edisongroup.com/publication/operating-revenue-up-46-on-strong-us-growth/28687

Thanks Calledone, you seem to know your stuff and are very well informed. Much appreciated your input and information. After reading Edisongroup analysts review all still looking pretty positive for PEB and CX bladder. In your opinion do you feel some of the analysts previous long term predictions of SP heading up into the $100.00+ in the future could have any possibility, or would that be a long shot?

Either way will be happy to see 1.45-1.80 achieved in short/mid term :)

Thanks again, and as any more developments and news comes up would be awesome if you could continue to post here.

50% of my portfolio is now PEB, I am a Biotechnologist and believe in the development and integration of CX-bladder and PEB's future success. I have family who are doctors working in US healthcare (Houston) who also feel confident in the current progress.

calledone
27-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Thanks Calledone, you seem to know your stuff and are very well informed. Much appreciated your input and information. After reading Edisongroup analysts review all still looking pretty positive for PEB and CX bladder. In your opinion do you feel some of the analysts previous long term predictions of SP heading up into the $100.00+ in the future could have any possibility, or would that be a long shot?

Either way will be happy to see 1.45-1.80 achieved in short/mid term :)

Thanks again, and as any more developments and news comes up would be awesome if you could continue to post here.

50% of my portfolio is now PEB, I am a Biotechnologist and believe in the development and integration of CX-bladder and PEB's future success. I have family who are doctors working in US healthcare (Houston) who also feel confident in the current progress.

Thanks Maxtrade. I didn't realize there were predictions of $100++, lol! Hey, it will be awesome if some day that ever come to pass as I do hold a ton of this at average around 58 cents but that kind of figure seems like fantasy at the moment.
If they eventually list in the US and deliver the numbers then who knows where this would go. I've also been learning a lot from other long time experts in this forum especially Balance. In the short to medium term I'm hoping to see some positive news on the following.

1. CMS reimbursement for the previous 22k+ tests.
2. An update on the number of commercial tests with Kaiser.
3. Publication of results from Singapore.

As for where the SP will be in a years time, I think it will be clearer after the March update.

Snow Leopard
27-01-2021, 12:48 PM
....As for where the SP will be in a years time, I think it will be clearer after the March update.

It will be really clear in a years time :lol:.

Disc: hold.

calledone
27-01-2021, 12:51 PM
It will be really clear in a years time :lol:.

Disc: hold.

Hahahaha..

Scotland Tce
02-02-2021, 06:14 PM
US urologists have to take it or face the risk of being sued now that it the gold standard of bladder cancer tests

Balance
03-02-2021, 08:35 AM
US urologists have to take it or face the risk of being sued now that it the gold standard of bladder cancer tests

Interested to know - where did you get CxBladder as the gold standard of bladder cancer test?

calledone
04-02-2021, 12:03 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/367113/339804.pdf

Looks like every option is exercised as they become available. I take it as things are going well in the inside?

Balance
04-02-2021, 12:19 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/PEB/367113/339804.pdf

Looks like every option is exercised as they become available. I take it as things are going well in the inside?

No brainer - exercise at 51c and sell at $1.00+

calledone
04-02-2021, 12:29 PM
No brainer - exercise at 51c and sell at $1.00+

Yes but assume it is a good sign if we don't see any sell disclosure in a months time?

Balance
04-02-2021, 12:41 PM
Yes but assume it is a good sign if we don't see any sell disclosure in a months time?

These are staff options - no disclosure unless they are senior executives or directors.

BTW, I have no issues with staff exercising options and selling them immediately.

It is part of their remuneration & incentive package.

calledone
04-02-2021, 12:44 PM
These are staff options - no disclosure unless they are senior executives or directors.

Got that, thanks.

Scotland Tce
06-02-2021, 08:35 PM
their latest clinicial study show better effectiveness vs. current golden standard cystoscopy

Brain
10-02-2021, 08:59 AM
their latest clinicial study show better effectiveness vs. current golden standard cystoscopy

That comment prompted me to check out the PEB website. Canterbury DHB’s clinical study was very positive.

850man
10-02-2021, 10:10 AM
That comment prompted me to check out the PEB website. Canterbury DHB’s clinical study was very positive.

That news was positive but was also back in December, no updates this year so far so hopefully due something soon. of most interest will be adoption by other overseas entities and what's happening in the USA. PEB took on senior staff to build that market, be great for a report about how this work is progressing (and the collection of historical payments too)

Mel
10-02-2021, 12:41 PM
That news was positive but was also back in December, no updates this year so far so hopefully due something soon. of most interest will be adoption by other overseas entities and what's happening in the USA. PEB took on senior staff to build that market, be great for a report about how this work is progressing (and the collection of historical payments too)
Very interested in seeing if COVID continues to improve uptake by clinicians (on one hand) vs the impact COVID may or may not be having on the sales pipeline for the larger medical institutions.

Brain
10-02-2021, 02:00 PM

I consider late December to be very recent particularly considering that most people have been on holiday between then and now.

I expect PEB’s price to increase slowly but surely as the technology is adopted over time. I am not looking for any one event to put a rocket under the share price.