PDA

View Full Version : High Oil Price will hit Holiday Homes?

Bling_Bling
01-09-2005, 08:32 AM
With high oil prices to stay at these levels, far away holiday coastal homes will go into a slump? Must be getting expensive to drive so far away.

Cooper
01-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I'd imagine the amount of higher costs would be insufficient to deter people from heading away on their yearly trip... demand for holidays wouldn't respond too much to small input prices like fuel costs (the highest cost is always going to be the opportunity cost of not working!), and if you're wealthy enough to own a holiday home on the coast the likelihood is that an additional couple of hundred to get there and back won't worry you too much.

barnsley bill
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
with luck petrol will get to $2.50 a litre and the bus companies wont need council subsidies to prop them up and I can get out of 3rd gear (on a good day) on the wat to work.[}:)]

ari
03-09-2005, 08:08 AM
quote:Must be getting expensive to drive so far away.
Show me a commodity that is not affected by increase in oil price....perhaps the vegs in your garden...no, even the seeds have a transport cost....

Sauce
12-09-2005, 07:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by ari

quote:Must be getting expensive to drive so far away.
Show me a commodity that is not affected by increase in oil price....perhaps the vegs in your garden...no, even the seeds have a transport cost....

Yep, this whole oil fiasco is going to be hugely inflationary..

regards,

Sauce [}:)]

Sauce
12-09-2005, 07:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by barnsley bill

with luck petrol will get to $2.50 a litre and the bus companies wont need council subsidies to prop them up and I can get out of 3rd gear (on a good day) on the wat to work.[}:)]

tehe the glass is half full in your part of the world i see.