PDA

View Full Version : trendlines (help please)

swirlyworld
20-09-2005, 10:46 AM
i am increasingly using the bigcharts free software to help make buy and sell decisions by using the facility to draw in trend-lines electronically. this is great for the aussie mkt but they don't show nz stocks. does anyone know where you can get free charting software that you can draw a trend-line onto that shows nz stocks [?] i don't have a printer, just my laptop so cannot print out charts to do my own scribbles.

i don't trade enough yet (about 1 trade per month)to justify spending big bucks on software. the facility is so useful that if i cannot find a site that works for nz stocks i will most likely stick to trading on the asx [:I]

Help/suggestions appreciated by student trading way through uni to avoid debt!

Stock Man
20-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Swirly world - I was sure that bigcharts had nz stocks available. I went and checked, and it appears that they only have a few. Personally, I now use metastock, so have not utilised bigcharts or incredible charts now for quite a while.

Check:

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/online_charts/incredible_charting.htm

for their free download and eod asx data. Not sure if they have nzx data however.

swirlyworld
20-09-2005, 04:13 PM
you da man stock-man

what a great free site, works fine for nz stocks so i will keep on trading on the wild west stock exchange

thanks

swirly