PDA

View Full Version : the dartboard approach

rocket science fiction
25-09-2005, 05:09 PM
i read sumwhere that a monkey throweing a dart at a dartboard can outpirform most profesional fund managers and traders.

anyone have any exp-eeri-ence in this system?

like what type of darts are best and how far back should i stand from da d-art-board?:D

dont be shy

fish
25-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Is mick 100 related in anyway to sharebroker ?

rocket science fiction
25-09-2005, 07:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by fish

Is mick 100 related in anyway to sharebroker ?

of course
we're all related in sum way or other
going back to the ancient monkey known as george

but what does that have to do with darts i ask?

25-09-2005, 07:55 PM
RSF TV money show zoo monkey threw darts at a newspaper share table companies the darts hit were selected (I think they used 6 darts) five proffesional fund managers were invited to pick same number of companies and the same amount theorectically was invested in each company. Monkey won by huge amount. Time period if I remember correctly was about 9 months first tv program of year of that show to last tv program of the year for that show. How much do the zoos charge for use of monkey.

marinesalvor
26-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Those monkeys are also available to govern New Zealand I believe - cheap too - as they require just a few bananas

Lizard
28-09-2005, 06:05 PM
RSF - when I started out, I was a monkey throwing darts. It was the best system I ever had....

.... it was in 1996. The "i like the sound of that name" technique. The whole point was that the names needed to sound "corporate" and also be companies that I knew nothing about. I bought GPG (which I still hold) and Baycorp - which went up 8-fold over the next few years.

Unfortunately, I now know far too much about all companies on the NZX to be able to use this highly successful technique.