PDA

View Full Version : PLA - Platinum Australia

Just_roll_it
17-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Platinum and Palladium have both been showing good gains recently.

The PLA share price has seen the benefit of this in the past few months. PLA has a number of projects on the go. The increasing price of platinum and palladium coupled with a more favourable AUD/USD cross rate may also have them looking at re-evaluating the Panton project BFS as well. This did show the project to be feasible but it was put on hold until the AUD recovered against the USD and the price of Palladium improved.

The SP has gone from 11 in July to sit at 32.5 currently.

JRI.

Just_roll_it
22-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Share price closed at 38 today with an intraday high of 41. News out with further assay result from Smokey Hills gives management confidence of confirming a resource of up to 1 million ounces of 4E PGM.

Also on world markets the price of Palladium continues to rise reaching its highest point since Apr 2004.

JRI.

Sehnsucht888
29-10-2007, 12:36 PM
What is happening with PLA at the moment??

Price going up nicely on higher volumes, some positive results a couple weeks ago, is there more imminent??

Dazza
29-10-2007, 12:39 PM
mining permit in SA

we are all awaiting for that

maybe anglo has finished their selling for now?

Sehnsucht888
30-10-2007, 08:00 AM
ok. Seems I spoke too soon though. A few profit takers in the afternoon, and finish lower... oh well

sharer
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM
PLA is up 3.6% so far today at 101.5; breaking upwards from narrowing triangle for past month or so.

macduffy
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
The price of platinum is at a 16 month high and looking strong.

I recently sold my SLV - didn't like the half-yearly report. Looks like I may come to regret that!

sharer
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
PLA still out for nice little jog, now 107, volume modest. Time to set exit Offer.
(Announced exploration results rather encouraging. As Macduffy notes price for Pt high, Au high, Pd even higher.
... but so far an exploration company only, it will be years before profitable production & any dividends result.
So best to be happy with short term 10% add to capital risked.)

asc4
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah! Platinum price doing very nicely of late. Another interesting Platinum play, NKP is looking good, up about 13% from last week. Final BFS due this month. Holding tight.

COLIN
08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah! Platinum price doing very nicely of late. Another interesting Platinum play, NKP is looking good, up about 13% from last week. Final BFS due this month. Holding tight.

NKP has actually considerably outperformed PLA over the last few months or so. And NKPO gives even greater leverage.

Looks like today will be a "down day" for minerals in general, though.

drillfix
28-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Been a while since a post in PLA has been made.

Has fallen from the heavens only to bottom out at 5.7c

Bit of a rally today up to 11.5c as time of posting.

11c close? who knows, but have an order in for a target of at least 15c
(if momentum is maintained for a few more days)

Souly, are you on board this one as yet? Wouldn't be surprised if you caught the breakout before 10c :P

drillfix
28-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Geebers folks,

Did a stupid thing today, bought in at 11c and then went to put a sell order in 5 mins later and forgot to shift my price and sold my stock for what I paid for so I only got minus brokerage.

Too much of a hurry and having a scattered brain I have at times, so this post is for me to sharpen up my game as I cant go doing things like that (slap slap) so I can warn myself.

Anyway,

Not a bad day for PLA, and like many stocks of late, some huge volumes going through (volume spikes) so perhaps the bottom is in with this or perhaps just some insto's taking postions.

For a short term trade (as I do) I am aiming at 15c so whether the momentum keeps up or not is another thing.

PLA Intraday (eod) > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/l0wv0vl1xk7hq5ngi4_PLA.png

All indicators also seem to be running on all cylinders so they are maxed out it seems, so I would tend to remain cautious while these are all overbought, however I feel there is still a little room to move and the Orange 150 EMA in the chart above should be tested and/or also to fill the gap at 16c as well.

New order set for 10.5c in view of some profit takers eventually unloading prior to the weekend.

As always, time will tell, and finger on the pulse~!

drillfix
29-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Did anybody catch this ride at all?

What a frustration mucking up like this, got in had my target set and screwed it up.

Good on those who got it right though hey :)

drillfix
30-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Did anybody catch this ride at all?

Well, I guess not.

Pitty though, this has moved 300% in the last week.

Not meaning its a buy or anything now, but would have been nice for someone to catch a piece of the action.

Now at 17.5c after touching 18.5c

Thats the market for ya though ehh~!

soulman
30-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Drill, did not catch this one. For all the FA, it looks good. U must be gutted with your 11 cents entry/exit.

Not sure why it drop from 60 cents to the low of single digit though in the last 12 months. Anyone with a quick reason?

drillfix
30-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Was a bit gutted but it only lasted 5 mins or so...LOL (as its best to just accept and move on)

The reason for the drop from memory may have been something legal in Africa at the time or something like that I think.

I guess it goes to show though there are other parts or stocks in other sectors still capable of doing this which could be seen as a good sign of faith, as I had lost a lot previously with global markets being fabricated or painted, but it still lurks out there so am nervous about holding certain longs.

soulman
30-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't over-comit is my theme this week as I got my ass bitten by NSE by overcommitting.

True what you say Drill but TA on the market signal 4500 in the All Ords and I do see value in the market other than the 2 big miners.

Certain stocks must let it run like MAD with the TA. Geez, I could have run like MAD and let it run instead of selling too early. But as I was bitten by NSE during mid week, kept me in check and less cocky. As with MAD, got the target right at $1.20 but sold 7 cents earlier. Still good.

soulman
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
After going through PLA on the weekend, I will be looking for an entry next week. It looks like PLA is at the hand of traders and they will dictate the play from here. More than 300 mil shares have changed hand in the last 5 trading days and PLA has 500 mil shares on issue. Their FA is not too bad and $14 odd mil cash for support. Definitely small stake as the risk is definitely there.

drillfix
02-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, retrace today Souly, though I am not sure if it will have any steam to pickup from after today's what appears to be Dark Cloud cover or bearish engulfing candle.

Caution at present me thinks~!

soulman
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM
As expected Drill. I have entered at 14.5.

soulman
04-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Can you check the strength of PLA Drill. Seems to be a bounce happening today.

drillfix
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Can you check the strength of PLA Drill. Seems to be a bounce happening today.

Hi Souly,

As it stands, at midday, check this chart out.
(and excuse left hand side Juliette Sauly speaking the news)
Its the chart below that also adds to the momentum for all stocks today (spi futures)

PLA intraday > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/y804ypcmme5o3gzg449_PLA.png

Now from the far left, futures maintain below the 13ema tracking downwards on the 60 min mark.
Hence the drain from the stock (PLA) being able to grab momentum.

Next, the lower left middle 60 min chart shows a nice ema alignment with price tracking above the 13ema along with MACD histogram showing some divergence, which is all positive.

The above chart suggests the 30 min left chart about to touch the 13ema and the 5 Min chart just to the right of that leading it shows what may be a lower low and price starting to breach the 13ema (light blue line).

On the daily to the right, Price has moved upward to 15.5c high of the day which is also where the 150 ema resides.
This maybe be a blocking point for the stock and myself as a trader would prefer to enter at 16c as a confirmation of upward movement, or I would add to a position should the strength manage to grab hold, which although currently it is not.

The lower indicators on the daily also could suggest the stock is there may be some value here, but sellers seem certain that they want profits and thus the high indicators on the daily will gradually need to ease of so they can run through their cycles.

Of course, this is only what the chart is saying to me at present.

Any change in sentiment in Global Futures (http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/futures) and the XAO picking up pace then may see a test of higher prices, and if not then price will be batted back down again to squash inbetween the EMA's accordingly.

Good luck with that one mate :)

ps:
forgot to mention on the chart as well.
Should a stand off be the event then no doubt the stock will track between 13.5c - 15.5c
Any breach in either direction consistently will show the direction (how obvious ehh!)

soulman
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks Drill. Got in this morning for 13.5 (had a buy order for 14 but it opened at 13.5). Buying based on bottom pickings as yesterday's trade was very stable with no forced selling.

I will wait until closed as I think PLA could beat this 15.5 high so far today and closed right on it or above. Need some luck as some breakouts turned up to be duds.

soulman
04-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Sold out at 14.5 at closed. Still reckon it might turn but will see tomorrow. Very long weekend this week and 2 days of market close.

soulman
20-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Seems to be in play again PLA. I have taken a stake Drill.