PDA

View Full Version : LYC: rare earth minerals the next big thing

Pages : 1 2 [3]

stevo1
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Deal to supply Lanthanum to BASF and sp drops 176.5cps the better the news seems not to lead to bettter SP.
Suspect profiteering by the big boys in USA .

macduffy
02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
More likely to do with the bad press that LYC continues to receive.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/litee/malaysia/article/how-much-to-pay-lynas-if-project-cancelled-group-asks-putrajaya/

drillfix
02-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Suspect profiteering by the big boys in USA .

More than likely quite right there Stevo!

Also yet another chart that appears to continuing a downtrend with 60ema about to cross the 150ema and plus remaining below the 13ema and also adding to this the downward recent move with the 60 minute chart.

drillfix
21-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Pretty wide spread of 20c approx KW, so falling knife indeed.

Missed the boat this morning on open so sitting on the sidelines trying to put together some possible strategies.

I think its time to hit a few seminars again with view to finding out more about how to come out fighting effectively in a falling market.

drillfix
21-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Nope not the bottom there Sir Trackers, the bottom is starts round about when you canned from the Job :P

stevo1
21-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Ouch Ouch still holding but a bit painful watching these massive gyrations .Doing nothing .Phaderus is not around to chastise me hope he is enjoying life.I am but still stings a bit.A lot easier watching the sp go up than down

Pretty wide spread of 20c approx KW, so falling knife indeed.

Missed the boat this morning on open so sitting on the sidelines trying to put together some possible strategies.

I think its time to hit a few seminars again with view to finding out more about how to come out fighting effectively in a falling market.

drillfix
21-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Stevo,

Sorry to say mate, but you dont need Mr.P around to tell you what the obvious is both Technically and fundamentally showing do you?

Here is an Intra-day chart of the steep decline of LYC >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/m2g9svsuz8vpz5by8n_LYC-Intraday.png

One easy way to time an exit is to view the crossover of the 60ema (purple) and the 150ema (orange) which would show you some medium term trouble a head.

Adding to this the consistent Lower Lows and failure to make a higher high on the 60 Minute chart.

Seems like a occupational hazard for many stocks listed atm, so this is not alone, just more obvious and rigid.

Good luck with this but only you can decide about how bad your wounds are.

add/edit
If the stock (eventually) does not bounce upward from $1.17 then to me it will continue its death spiral. Or if it does not hold above this.

There is also a gap at $1.10 that also may get filled and provide to be a bounce zone if it comes to that.

jonny5
21-09-2011, 05:44 PM
drill, might I ask what software you've got there?

J

drillfix
21-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Jonny, during market hours I use TWS (traders workstation) from my IB account.

After market I use ProRealtime which I prefer and used to subscribe to live asx data with, but since then have stopped offering ASX data.

Hope that helps~!

jonny5
21-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Many thanks

stevo1
21-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Drilly no wounds here free carrying (with a profit taken)to destruction or glory. ;)

Stevo,

Sorry to say mate, but you dont need Mr.P around to tell you what the obvious is both Technically and fundamentally showing do you?

Here is an Intra-day chart of the steep decline of LYC >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/m2g9svsuz8vpz5by8n_LYC-Intraday.png

One easy way to time an exit is to view the crossover of the 60ema (purple) and the 150ema (orange) which would show you some medium term trouble a head.

Adding to this the consistent Lower Lows and failure to make a higher high on the 60 Minute chart.

Seems like a occupational hazard for many stocks listed atm, so this is not alone, just more obvious and rigid.

Good luck with this but only you can decide about how bad your wounds are.

add/edit
If the stock (eventually) does not bounce upward from $1.17 then to me it will continue its death spiral. Or if it does not hold above this.

There is also a gap at $1.10 that also may get filled and provide to be a bounce zone if it comes to that.

drillfix
27-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Drilly no wounds here free carrying (with a profit taken)to destruction or glory. ;)

Way ta go there Stevo, the best way to get it if you can. But then it still must be partially hard watching any profit become eaten away.

Up 25% today. Knew I should have grabbed some yesterday :-(

Doh KW, those darn relief rallies that come out of thin air :P

I know how feel and even missed out on a entry this morning which doubles the frustration.

macduffy
30-09-2011, 08:35 AM
News from Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-28/rare-earths-fall-as-toyota-develops-alternatives-commodities.html

drillfix
30-09-2011, 12:55 PM
News from Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-28/rare-earths-fall-as-toyota-develops-alternatives-commodities.html

Good link and read there Macduff. Finger on the pulse with some REE stocks.

Financially dependant
04-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I did a little bottom fishing with LYC, I bought on the bounce of the low (after diminishing volume) and waiting to see how far this run will take it?? The first level of resistance was broken through last Thursday $1.25 now looking at $1.33, if (big if) it can get through next level of resistance then not much to stop it until $1.50...

Financially dependant
05-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I did a little bottom fishing with LYC, I bought on the bounce of the low (after diminishing volume) and waiting to see how far this run will take it?? The first level of resistance was broken through last Thursday $1.25 now looking at $1.33, if (big if) it can get through next level of resistance then not much to stop it until $1.50...

Got through next level of resistance so hanging on for the ride...

bermuda
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Got through next level of resistance so hanging on for the ride...
FD,
I have always thought Rare Earths were the next thing after shale gas but it is here already. Thanks . When I get the dosh from BOW it is going on WCL MEL and this one. LYC. Looks the goods. DYOR

I think you have unearthed something ( no pithy joke intended ) which we should publicise to our Sharetrader members. There are numerous 10 baggers coming up in Rare Earth Territory.

Rare Earths could be the key to mankind. Thanks for the Heads Up. It is a brilliant story full of political intrigue.
Hope to see you soon.
B

Financially dependant
05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
FD,
I have always thought Rare Earths were the next thing after shale gas but it is here already. Thanks . When I get the dosh from BOW it is going on WCL MEL and this one. LYC. Looks the goods. DYOR

I think you have unearthed something ( no pithy joke intended ) which we should publicise to our Sharetrader members. There are numerous 10 baggers coming up in Rare Earth Territory.

Rare Earths could be the key to mankind. Thanks for the Heads Up. It is a brilliant story full of political intrigue.
Hope to see you soon.
B

Hi Super B,

LYC could really take off with a good announcement about there operating licence. This is a stock you can keep adding to over a long time, just by buying in the dips of a potentially long uptrend.
In these uncertain times I have been trading good companies like these with the liquidity to get out on short notice if required plus it has to have a good story. I still have my eye on MEL too...

We should catch up and have a beer for Oiler??

bermuda
05-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi Super B,

LYC could really take off with a good announcement about there operating licence. This is a stock you can keep adding to over a long time, just by buying in the dips of a potentially long uptrend.
In these uncertain times I have been trading good companies like these with the liquidity to get out on short notice if required plus it has to have a good story. I still have my eye on MEL too...

We should catch up and have a beer for Oiler??

Yes,
Please send me an email. aahopkins@xtra.co.nz

drillfix
06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Afternoon folks,

As posted on the LNC thread, there are many of these midcaps taking a breather with the technicals showing some zones to either steer clear of or potentially enter into, should you be inclined to day, swing or technically trade.

Here is a chart as follows with also give a bounce zone at $1.25 and should it break lower then the $1.17 zone should act as an intermediate support.

LYC intraday & daily >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/mvz3gx8ukpukex6i3obh_LYCintraday.png

Would still be cautious with the EU thing still hanging over our heads and the overall tide of the markets seem to be taking its toll again both in and outward, so finger on the pulse to where and when things could move.

The 60 min chart also reflects the lines also on the daily chart to the right and both the 15 and 5 min charts above it.

Cheers for now~!

airedale
07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Interesting article here on rare earth, with passing reference to LYC.

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/11900

Financially dependant
20-12-2011, 11:34 PM
The weekly shows it best....an entry above $1.35 is safer imo...

It is on my radar KW, the China ann certainly stopped a big sell down this week...

Financially dependant
20-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Almost there FD. Interesting analysis on HC re the short selling that has gone on. Short selling now seems to have stopped, and the lid is off the price. LAMP announcement due soon, price would suggest the expectation is that the licence will be issued.

Quite the circus on HC KW but some good information between the dross...It does look like short covering with such a big turn around, the big boys/smart money love this stock so makes it important to get on the right side a trade....I am waiting for a suitable entry and hopefully keep adding as it trends up (IMHO).

elZorro
25-01-2012, 07:20 AM
These guys seem to have people throwing money at them..Jake Klein of OGC is a director here too.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Finance/2012/01/24/Lynas_secures_funds_to_start-up_plant_710957.html

FD, we should see LYC shares above A$1.35 today.

Discl: picked it for comp, don't own any at the mo.

stevo1
25-01-2012, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=elZorro;366157]These guys seem to have people throwing money at them..Jake Klein of OGC is a director here too.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Finance/2012/01/24/Lynas_secures_funds_to_start-up_plant_710957.html

FD, we should see LYC shares above A$1.35 today.

Looking good into the future provided LAMP is approved
Good to see the new funding.Looks mighty like the shorters (morgan Stanley et al) have been caught short.

elZorro
25-01-2012, 06:33 PM
And there she blows - hit $1.40 before dropping back.

It did rest near enough at $1.35, massive volume. A$100mill, 1/40th of the ASX for the day, up 5%. The whole NZ market was NZ$80mill.. she's a big game here.

Financially dependant
25-01-2012, 10:51 PM
It did rest near enough at $1.35, massive volume. A$100mill, 1/40th of the ASX for the day, up 5%. The whole NZ market was NZ$80mill.. she's a big game here.

Interesting day al-right..but what a place to stop EOD...more waiting it seems to get a safe entry....all good for the comp tho :t_up:

stevo1
02-02-2012, 05:45 AM
This is huge for LYC, allows refinement of REEs in Malaya
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/lynas-gets-temporary-licence-to-start-kuantan-plant/
The comments that follow this article are a little bit concerning but I think the anti group have been primed and waiting.
For my part I believe that the plant will be safe otherwise I would not invest in it.Into production risk removed expect SP surge.
Interesting to note Morgan Stanley between 6 January till now have increased holding from 8.22% to 9.51% using borrowed shares and bloody BOTS grrrr

tobo
02-02-2012, 07:07 AM
1. I think you'll find that this is just the Atomic Energy Licensing Board (AELB) giving the ok for license. They are not the ones to actually issue the license itself.
2. classic journo, lower down, making it look as if LYC did not comply with 11 conditions. What happened was AELP reviewed the original docs and then the ADDED the 11 conditions (since met to get to this milestone).

Hold.

stevo1
02-02-2012, 09:12 AM
1. I think you'll find that this is just the Atomic Energy Licensing Board (AELB) giving the ok for license. They are not the ones to actually issue the license itself.
2. classic journo, lower down, making it look as if LYC did not comply with 11 conditions. What happened was AELP reviewed the original docs and then the ADDED the 11 conditions (since met to get to this milestone).

Hold.

hI tobo here is another take on it from The Business Spectator
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Malaysia-grants-licence-to-Aussie-miner-R3HYH?OpenDocument&src=eaih&ir=3
But still no ann from LYC.My understanding of the situation is that AELB approval translates into approval by Malay cabinet

elZorro
02-02-2012, 11:49 AM
LYC must be in for a huge day today, temporary licence to operate has been approved (2 years). Morgan Stanley has increased its shareholding by a percent or so in the last few days, that would be many millions.

And I see I'm a few hours late, well done Stevo1..

drillfix
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Now we need to keep an eye on the REE prices - hopefully they stop falling soon.

Taken from a report from some company who at present I cant remember:

REE Prices >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/0r1yygzhshtrabpgc5dp_REEprices.png

stevo1
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
19% jump in SP to 159. CEO Nick Curtis on Bloomberg http://www.bloomberg.com/video/85453836/

It also appears that the shorters have 7.32% of LYC stock shorted
http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Short+position+reports+table?openDocument click on Quick link latest daily (CSV)
Could be a mad scramble to cover shorts

tobo
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Well, I am sorry I was so unexcited!.
This kind of wrong I like. Tomorrow could continue up, or there might be enought profit takers to dampen it a bit, so even if it drops a bit tomorrow, I am sure it will continue up.

geezy
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
This is huge for LYC, allows refinement of REEs in Malaya
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/lynas-gets-temporary-licence-to-start-kuantan-plant/
The comments that follow this article are a little bit concerning but I think the anti group have been primed and waiting.
For my part I believe that the plant will be safe otherwise I would not invest in it.Into production risk removed expect SP surge.
Interesting to note Morgan Stanley between 6 January till now have increased holding from 8.22% to 9.51% using borrowed shares and bloody BOTS grrrr

Maybe you would want to move and live next to the plant to prove that its safe? :)

stevo1
02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Maybe you would want to move and live next to the plant to prove that its safe? :)

Yeah OK geezy I will start packing ---any other brilliant suggestions?
if you own a computer,flat screen TV,energy efficient light bulbs,wind turbine produced electricity,hybrid car,cellphone.ipad,iphone etc etc you know that YOU are responsible for encouraging the evil REE production of LYC

geezy
04-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah OK geezy I will start packing ---any other brilliant suggestions?
if you own a computer,flat screen TV,energy efficient light bulbs,wind turbine produced electricity,hybrid car,cellphone.ipad,iphone etc etc you know that YOU are responsible for encouraging the evil REE production of LYC

Well to start of maybe LYC could keep their manufacturing right next to where they mine it. I m all for tech and improvement, just not in my home town if u know where i m coming from. Would be happy to live without as well :)

stevo1
04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Well to start of maybe LYC could keep their manufacturing right next to where they mine it. I m all for tech and improvement, just not in my home town if u know where i m coming from. Would be happy to live without as well :)

I see from your location you are in Dunedin NZ.I take it you are Malay living in NZ?This plant will bring a lot of spin off employement in Malaya that previous to LYC s ree production would NOT have happened .Companies were compelled to move ops to China to ensure supply continuity due to the restiction of exports of REE s out of China.These companies will be able to operate out of Malaya provided LYC comply with the stringent operating conditions of LAMP under AELB and Malay govt supervision.The reasons the LAMP was NOT built in WA was that construction costs and labour are cheaper in MAlaya,also LYC are CLOSE to suppliers of the chemicals required and gas supply.Malay Government encouraged LYC to produce there and have given the company a 12yr tax holiday.There has been a lot of misinformation and disinformation around this project.

stevo1
02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
LYC sp has performed dimissally since the LAMP project has been turned into a political football creating doubts and obstacles.A perfect storm for the shorters and hedge funds to profit.If/when the lamp produces sp could go skyward in the meantime it seems anyones guess as to future sp.
A contrarian could think it was a time to buy.

JBmurc
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
operations in three weeks
By ONG HAN SEAN

KUANTAN: The Lynas rare earth refinery is ready to begin operations in three weeks, said managing director Datuk Mashal Ahmad.

He said that the first phase of the plant was 97% complete, and the only obstacle was the issuance of the temporary operating license by the Atomic Energy Licensing Board (AELB).

"The licence has been approved but we have yet to receive it. Lynas has already fulfilled all the conditions stipulated for the licence to be issued and we are just waiting.

"We hope it can be issued very soon because we need to start operations," Mashal told reporters at the plant in Gebeng here Tuesday.

He added that it would take one month just to import the rare earth and that it could not be brought into Malaysia without the licence.

Mashal also said the setting up of the parliamentary select committee to look into issues surrounding the plant was much welcomed.

"We are looking forward to be called up to give our explanations. The faster, the better," he said.

Also present at the press conference was Lynas Corporation president and chief operating officer Eric Noyrez.

stevo1
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Here is a presentation from LYC questions and answers in Malaya.Quite long but if you are invested or thinking of then a must see

http://www.mobtv.my/current_affairs-1131.html

tobo
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Well worth the 75 minutes.
I now clearly understand how they are going to sell everything in one form or another (including gypsum for plasterboard, for fertiliser, etc) and so there will be no waste, even though they have been asked to provide a design for a Waste Storeage Facility.
I liked them pointing out the radioactive content of the ore and any products will be lower than the bottle of table salt that they had there at the table.
COO Eric Noyrez is one smart cookie, and very clear in his explanations. Towards the end you could sense MD Datuk Mashal Ahmad's frustatration in having to correct the same wrong statements again and again, but he was very patient.
Hold, LT

stevo1
07-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Some would say this is long overdue
http://english.cpiasia.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2319:lynas-threatens-to-sue-45-ngos&catid=117:Latest
I guess it may be a way to get things moving and into production at the best possible clip--certainly any legal action can cut both ways as SMSL will be finding if LYC go ahead with this

stevo1
12-04-2012, 08:01 PM
LYC ann on Malaysian courtcase
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20120412/pdf/425l56f6lrjjg8.pdf
Lynas Corporation (ASX:LYC, OTC:LYSDY) is pleased to announce that the High Court of Malaya
at Kuala Lumpur has denied an application for leave to apply for a judicial review of the decision of
the Malaysian Atomic Energy Licensing Board to approve the granting of a Temporary Operating
Licence to the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant (LAMP) in Malaysia. The application was referred
to in Lynas’ ASX announcement dated 23 February 2012.
Both Lynas and Malaysian Government opposed the application.
The Court ruled that because, as noted in Lynas’ ASX announcement dated 9 March 2012 , there
is an appeal in process to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Technology, it would not be
appropriate for the Court to intervene in the matter. Lynas understands that the appeal to the
Minister will be heard in April 2012.
Lynas Executive Chairman Nicholas Curtis said although the Court had ruled in Lynas’ favour the
present controversy in Malaysia surrounding the project was undermining both the LAMP and
Malaysia’s international investment reputation.
“This concerted political campaign, which is based on misinformation, is sabotaging the sciencebased, regulatory process established in Malaysia and confidence in that process,” Mr Curtis said.
“Since the project was first approved in 2007 the LAMP has been subjected to the highest degree
of scrutiny and public comment. It has been reviewed and received approval from both the
International Atomic Energy Agency and the Malaysian Atomic Energy Licensing board and every
safety box has been ticked. So it is disappointing that the highest safety standards integrated into
the plant to protect human and environmental safety are ignored by a few people.”
“The LAMP is safe for everyone concerned and we look forward to the day when that will be
recognised.”
In particular, Mr Curtis said, the continued attempts to link Lynas’ plant to Bukit Merah are without
foundation.
The tin mine waste used as the feedstock at Bukit Merah are completely different to the Mt Weld
rare earths used to feed the LAMP. The Bukit Merah feedstock had radiation levels 30 times higher
than the LAMP feedstock and the residue at Bukit Merah was 100 times the radiation levels of the
LAMP by-product.
Bukit Merah would not gain approval under either international or Malaysian regulatory standards
today, in contrast to the LAMP which complies with both.{SUN / 00788956}
2 of 2
“It is disturbing that this baseless scare campaign has created unnecessary anxiety and fear in the
community. However, we will continue to address that misinformation now, when we receive our
TOL and when we commence operations at LAMP,” Mr Curtis said.
The next step in the extended approvals process Lynas is currently managing is the appeal to the
Minister of Innovation, Science and Technology, as noted above.
“A country’s strict regulatory standards and investment reputation can be quickly undermined by an
environmental activist campaign designed to stifle and frustrate investment by lodging vexatious
legal challenges and appeals,” Mr Curtis said.
“The Malaysian Government must be able to provide certainty to Malaysian and international
businesses that they will not be frustrated by a campaign of delay once those companies have
completed the pre-defined and rigorous Malaysian Government regulatory approvals process.
“This misinformation campaign has frustrated Lynas, but our resolve and belief in the safety of the
LAMP and the benefits that will flow once the LAMP can operate have not been diminished.”

stevo1
21-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Lynas has increased its public dialogue to educate Malays on the LAMP.They are showing openness and transparency.However if theses delays continue it comes at a financial cost to LYC .the Malay govt needs to ratify the TOL ASAP to maintain credability and ensure future foreign investment.
This although 1 1/2 hrs long is well worth watching http://www.mobtv.my/public_events-1235.html
I think that the TOL will be issued within a few days but who knows.once producing it would be reasonable to expect SP rising

stephens.pc
21-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Stevo, am I right in thinking that the only hurdle now is the Ministerial review? Hard to imagine this being anything other than a rubber stamping exercise given the obvious desire from Govt. for the plant to go ahead.

stevo1
21-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Stevo, am I right in thinking that the only hurdle now is the Ministerial review? Hard to imagine this being anything other than a rubber stamping exercise given the obvious desire from Govt. for the plant to go ahead.

Hi Stephen It should be that simple HOWEVER the political football LAMP has become may make for more time delays (I hope not).The commission of LAMP is dependent on ore from MT Weld which will take some lead time to get there.There is also the 5 shareholders (Nominees who have 65% of the shares) who will be playing with the SP (shorting,dark pools etc).When LYC is up and producing then things may be different until then if the past is anything to go by its going to be a wild ride

stevo1
16-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Finally the TOL is near --MAYBE ---SP seems like a screaming buy at 88cps but b%ggered if I know anyway I have bought more.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HF33720120615

A statement from the Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry, which considered the appeal, said there was "no strong justification nor scientific or technical basis" to set aside the temporary operating licence given to the plant in January.

But the ministry told Lynas, which started building the 2.5 billion ringgit ($800 million) plant on Malaysia's east coast two years ago, it must take extra steps to prevent any radiation leakage before a suspension of the licence will be lifted.

Under the new conditions imposed, the firm must submit plans to immobilise radioactive elements in the waste it will produce and come up with an emergency response plan on dust control.

"We already have the answers for the two new conditions," Mashal Ahmad, the plant's managing director told Reuters.

The ministry's decision removes the bigger of two hurdles remaining before the plant can start production. A parliamentary select committee looking into the plant's safety is expected to release its report on Monday, with a debate to be held the day after.

stevo1
18-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Because I'm lazy, and at work, has someone here done a quick analysis of the $ revenue/profits for LYC at todays REE prices?

In other words, just how undervalued is LYC?

KW theres been stacks of opinion on the $revenue/profits on other forums but really they are all quite meaningless because LYC is not producing ,the REE price is not relevent until production,god knows what the prices will be into the future depends on demand ,macro economics etc.So nothing is a sure thing here.I have just increased my holding by 20% prior to that i was free carrying.Youse pays yer money and take yer chances.

JBmurc
27-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Really think LYC has been oversold on tax-loss selling good buying in the low 80's for a rebound in July
might buy a few tomorrow BBG is also a great TL buy

Entrep
28-06-2012, 12:33 AM
The move today was so much bigger than tax-loss selling. It was either the mother of all shake outs or something is seriously wrong with Lynas/Malaysia/TOL.

tobo
28-06-2012, 06:54 AM
The TOL was awarded but not handed over in Feb, now govt statements saying no reason to withhold.
Either
the TOL will be forthcoming, and LCY goes into usual start-up teething, followed by production and then revenues,
or
if TOL cancelled, sp will drop to the floor, and Malaysia's internation business image will also get a big knock

The only other BIG risk I can think of is : such a huge global economic slowdown that global sales of fluro lights and iphones halve and significantly reduce RE prices and sales volumes.

And do you value the company on
a) expected next 12 month production (ie. excluding plant doubling currently being constructed, and reducing further for startup delays), or on
b) future (doubled) production levels along with other resources needing additional plant.

When the price was $2.65, it was based on (b), but just when production gets close, a different set of investors (institutional) arrive who only use (a)
And then there's the recent shorting/manipulation that's been going on.

So, to sum up, it is unclear if this is just another shakeup, or if this price is the cool calm review of a business about to face startup risks

CAM
28-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Won't need rare earths soon..... (maybe)

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20120613D1206A22.htm

stevo1
28-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Won't need rare earths soon..... (maybe)

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20120613D1206A22.htm

UMMMM CAM they are talking about rare METALS cobolt and nickel not rare earths.The rarity of those metals????? Meanwhile back on the rollercoaster that is LYC seems to be in a flat patch ATM

stevo1
18-07-2012, 11:45 AM
RARE-EARTHS miner Lynas has had a win in one of its defamation cases against groups voicing strong opposition to its Malaysian processing operation.
A free and independent Malaysian media outlet, Free Malaysia Today, yesterday issued an apology for articles it had published, which claimed the Lynas plant could be unsafe.

"We apologise for these publications as such claims do not have a scientific basis. The regulatory review of the Lynas plant has been thorough and diligent," the media company said.

The apology comes after Lynas announced in May that it had begun defamation proceedings in Malaysia against the Save Malaysia Stop Lynas group and some Malaysian media outlets.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/malaysia-defamation-win-for-rare-earths-miner-lynas/story-e6frg9df-1226428514760

STRAT
06-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Well done you guys. It would have been extremely difficult to hold this one through the slide this year. Congrads to all who jumped in recently.

stevo1
06-09-2012, 12:20 PM
TOL has been granted. I'm going to sit back for the day and watch the shorters sweat it out :-)

About time too well and truly overdue .I think can still expect a rollercoaster performance until in production and profit.
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20120905/pdf/428jkz6kpxj6d9.pdf

Entrep
07-09-2012, 12:46 AM
There must be so many mums and dads and others who can't really afford it tied up in LYC. Market is a very dangerous place these days

stevo1
29-10-2012, 11:35 AM
LYC saga continues BUT things MAY be about to turn the Royal family of Phahang has come out in support for LYC http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/be-grateful-for-peace-and-stability-1.161811
This should silence the critics (SMSL) and allow the project to move ahead.
Still has some headwinds with REE prices and any production glitches.
I am increasing shareholding from free carrying when the opportunity arises

stevo1
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
SMSL Court action tossed out TOL can commence
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20121108/pdf/42b28frk842t20.pdf

Market for LYC opened at 15.55 and 20.5 mill shares traded in 5 mins up 11%.
will be interesting close for the 10min aftermarket

stevo1
22-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Finally they have concentrate at the LAMP and will start to run through the plant.
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20121122/pdf/42bcz5h9shsrw5.pdf

stevo1
23-11-2012, 04:32 PM
What do you reckon guys, straight sailing from here, or more storms on the horizon. Hard to get a direction on this stock as its all over the place.
I reckon until LYC is in full production(even then REE prices and processing material costs will be relevent) it will be rollercoaster.I have increased my holding by 50%.Still significant risk (sovereign) but I am looking holding long time.Weakness in REE prices will deter new entrants and LYC has the first mover advantage.Certainly need a strong disposition with LYC unless you are a trader

gv1
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Prices have climbed close to $1. Everything sorted... I thought I read in the news that there is legal action looming? Any thoughts...

tobo
13-12-2012, 06:00 AM
... climbed close to $1....
If 60c is close to a dollar, this this is good buying today.
(Maybe you are on the wrong thread, although I can see this being written in the next few months.)

Still topping up, and holding LT

dollar dollar dollar dollar

stevo1
07-01-2013, 05:19 PM
If 60c is close to a dollar, this this is good buying today.
(Maybe you are on the wrong thread, although I can see this being written in the next few months.)

Still topping up, and holding LT

dollar dollar dollar dollar

The latest ann seems to have put some juice into the sp up to 71c http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130107/pdf/42c9ksynz8kj9l.pdf
$1 may well be in the not too distant future

stevo1
02-04-2013, 02:54 PM
The latest ann seems to have put some juice into the sp up to 71c http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130107/pdf/42c9ksynz8kj9l.pdf
$1 may well be in the not too distant future
or 40cps or zero everything that can go wrong has ,bummer.

stevo1
06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Well Malaysian election out of the way (hopefully) with BN (ruling party )winners .REE prices stabilising? in production now just need contracts confirmed and profit into the future. LYC has substantially less risk but if the past is anything to go on SP could do anything ;0)

stevo1
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
LYC is still managing to disappoint on the downside .REE prices are expected to rise and provided LAMP can get working continuously with on spec products and keep costs contained then maybe in the future sp will rise.The management are absolutely hopeless in keeping shareholders informed

Heffner
09-08-2013, 12:45 PM
It has been tough hold over the last couple of years, just when a break out seems imminent something else goes wrong. The fact they haven't ramped up to 22,000 tpa has kept the share price down along with the poor quarterly results - $600k was a poor sales figure. A huge turnaround in RE prices is what is required now as apart from the one lingering court case they are cleared to operate. The management are indeed hopeless with investor relations, I was hoping Noyrez might improve this however not to be.

The Big Ease
11-08-2013, 11:09 PM
is ousia from hotcopper an analyst?

He posts some great contributions.

If ever there was a trading stock, LYC is it.
Wonderfully volatile.

stevo1
17-12-2013, 10:51 AM
It has been tough hold over the last couple of years, just when a break out seems imminent something else goes wrong. The fact they haven't ramped up to 22,000 tpa has kept the share price down along with the poor quarterly results - $600k was a poor sales figure. A huge turnaround in RE prices is what is required now as apart from the one lingering court case they are cleared to operate. The management are indeed hopeless with investor relations, I was hoping Noyrez might improve this however not to be.
LYC maintains its slippery slope downward.Management have spent $1.3 billion dollars to achieve a market cap of $540 million.
Problems,problems and more problems.But is there light at the end of the tunnel or is that a train coming?
Hardly believable that a company with the richest REE deposit in the world and a state of the art (albeit not working to nameplate capacity) plant is in such a position.I think that there will be no in between here now either the sp rips ahead next year or she goes to the knackers yard with new ownership at a knock down price.

stevo1
15-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Looks like LYC is off to the knackers yard

tobo
16-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Trouble is, we saw this before a few years back - it dropped from $1 to about 12 cents in 2008 when funding got real messy (that was before the rise to $2.60 is on the back of huge RE prices).
This time the drop is more about RE prices (I think the slow ramp up will still get there).
I say "trouble is" because having seen them rise from the ashes once before, it gives me hope that it'll happen again, and that is making it less than obvious whether to stay for the ride.
The clincher is RE prices. Gold is in a trough at the moment, and people probably have confidence that it will rise in due course (or eventually). What will prompt a rise in RE prices? (How long before global stockpiles run down again?)

Tsuba
23-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Is it on its way back finally ?

stevo1
24-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Is it on its way back finally ?

cou[d be .but despite the noise there is still some major debt outstanding ,performance issues at LAMP,RE prices that are low and the management issues. anyone who took up rights issue at $15000 at 11 cps would be quite happy. the rise is on relatively small volumes of about 41,000,000 shares of the 2,333,661,566 on issue.Be aware that LYC is a favorite of the pump and dump crowd.The anns from management are unreliable and murky

stevo1
01-10-2014, 08:30 AM
LYC staggering around like a wounded bull.Management are back yet again for more money .So much promise and potential but has never delivered .I cant see it surviving but stranger things have happened.The management however are still creaming it with big salaries and "performance" bonuses. The shareholders have been well and truly whacked what a bloody mess

tricha
01-10-2014, 09:53 PM
LYC staggering around like a wounded bull.Management are back yet again for more money .So much promise and potential but has never delivered .I cant see it surviving but stranger things have happened.The management however are still creaming it with big salaries and "performance" bonuses. The shareholders have been well and truly whacked what a bloody mess

Amazing world we live in, flog by stealth and get a bonus, cut 1 lousy native tree down and end up in court.

like Gordan Geeko said" greed is good"

cammo
13-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Anyone following/holding ARV,ARU,and LYC(probably with a big red down arrow?)? China is quietly cutting off its supply of dysprosium, neo, praseo etc to japan etc. Aussie companies may start to get a look in now? couldnt find a R.E.E group thread on ST so this one is the closest and has been dead for ages?

Joshuatree
13-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Very pertinent point and timing cammo .and LYC has done a big bounce through 180DMA.
I currently have no R E E stocks on my watch list so can't contribute atm . Start up a R E E thread maybe and see who has?

RTFQ
08-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Some really good gains of late. Lynas are biggest exporter of NdPr in the world and number two in production. Positive cash flow see report.

file:///C:/Users/HP/Downloads/43hqk6zp7hx9f0%20(1).pdf

RTFQ
11-07-2017, 09:30 AM
With the rise of RE prices and increased production, there could be big news in tomorrow's QR.
From an HC poster, " they're goin to jump on this like a dog in heat".

RTFQ
02-08-2017, 06:09 PM
EV's are not just a Lithium play............... http://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/LYC

Bought stacks of those weeks back. Just look at them go................

stevo1
08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Looks as though LYC MAY BE on the cusp of realizing some of the potential that was first envisioned before debacle in Malaysia and the obstacles put up there prior and during commissioning of plant and production

stevo1
15-09-2017, 08:24 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/96853994/the-number-of-electric-vehicles-on-our-roads-has-gone-up-2290-per-cent-since-2013

Ogg
26-03-2019, 10:15 PM
I've watched this stock for about 7 years. Never been a shareholder.

It feels like everything has finally started to come together for this company and now it's about to be bought out.

Retail shareholders take all the risk and spend all that time waiting. Now it's about to be sold.

winner69
07-04-2019, 08:17 PM
Not a good sign when the papers talk about an 'existential crisis'

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/wesfarmers-confirms-talks-with-malay-government-ahead-of-lynas-shock-20190406-p51blq.html

Joshuatree
08-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Wesfarmers have done their homework and want a slice of the looming tsunami of EV's battery component rare metals that China largely controls.
"Matthew Ryland, portfolio manager with substantial Lynas shareholder Greencape Capital said: "We question the governance of companies that make undertakings to foreign governments about assets that they don't own. We see that as a bit of a governance issue presenting itself."