PDA

View Full Version : BRICKS loves AWB

BRICKS
12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
CANT find any file for AWB [AUSTRALIA WHEAT BOARD] so lets GO AWB B shares traded on ASX last $A3.76, Div 7.7% PE 8, a gift all this enquiry is about political games by the Labour party that aside the company rolls on its a BUY have a LOOK.. [8D]

kura
12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Morals aside, there are others (ie Futuris/Elders) who have been lobbying for AWB to lose its monopoly rights for years, Personally, I think the kickback scandal, could tip the balance.

OneUp
12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
BRICKS, don't you think using HISTORICAL earnings and yields - data derived from a period when AWB enjoyed a monopoly on wheat exports - is a highly dubious method of valuing AWB in the future given that it seems likely to lose it's license (and associated profits).

In my view, AWB is a real loser, so much so that I have to disclaim that I have not wasted any time looking at the details when the big picture is so bleak :)

PS: Cujo, I see we agree on something for once. Next you'll be calling TRS the pick of the year ;):D

BRICKS
13-03-2006, 09:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by cujodog

I don't know how you could seriously buy this share considering it was paying kickbacks to a murderous regime.

THE DILL of NZ who told us in many words he was out of stock markets now knows virtue about nothing and share advice as before give UP.. [8D]

BRICKS
30-08-2006, 04:47 PM
AT all time low so BRICKS has had a GO.. [8D]

BRICKS
31-08-2006, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

JUMPED 10% in one DAY..[8D]

BRICKS
02-09-2006, 09:07 AM

JUST had a giggle on the way to the BANK.. [8D]

BRICKS
22-09-2006, 09:08 AM

JUST had a giggle on the way to the BANK.. [8D]

WELL back in again at its low with the media giving it the FULL blast its on the buyer side will do another bounce that's all we NEED.. [8D]

SEC
18-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Wot a clanger, AWB forward selling wheat at a fraction of the spot price, they knew full well another drought was on the cards which would result in reduced supply and drive up prices yet sold at a deep discount anyway.

A grossly mismanaged company that fully deserves the pummelling the market has recently given it.

Don't know why you were dabbling in this one KING and hope you had stop losses in place before it went pear shaped.

SEC

stevieb
19-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey BRICKS,

have you attempted to compare AWB with some of it's competitors (yes I know it's a monopoly, but ABB or Graincorp could easily pick up it's business if that monopoly right is taken away, which looks at least possible at the moment).

Would be interested to know if you have compared AWB to ABB for example.

Cheers

Skol
01-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Check out the chart, i've taken a punt on some short term gains, bit of good news in the announcements as well.

winner69
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Hope past performance not an indication of future performance ...

AWB trail of self-destruction

Date: Wednesday, 1 November 2006
Michael Pascoe writes:
Three years ago Michael Chaney’s Wesfarmers sold its Landmark pastoral agency business to AWB for $825 million. That’s about what the entire company is now worth.

Effectively, the board and management of AWB has destroyed all the value in the company they were given by the Federal Government in 1999. Nice work, boys.

Advertisement

OK, I’m being a little harsh on the valuation. Depending on how AWB’s battered share price is travelling on the day, it is sometimes worth more than the Landmark acquisition.

Today, for example, it started out with a market capitalisation of about $900 million. But you get the drift.

But never mind the money, feel the psychological pain. As the Liberal and National Parties inch closer to an ideological showdown over the single desk, Senator Bill "I’m John Howard’s Right Hand Man" Heffernan says AWB is the paedophile priest of the corporate world. Reports the Smage:

Senator Heffernan told a Senate Estimates hearing yesterday that ill-feeling over AWB's monopoly control of the wheat market had been further fuelled by the drought. "It'd be the same sense of betrayal for some wheat growers that you would have if you discovered the parish priest was interfering with your kids," he said.

Senator Heffernan, a farmer from NSW, said AWB was further hurting farmers who were trying to buy grain back to feed their starving stock but were having to pay more than they sold it for.

Meanwhile the Wheat Export Authority is wondering if there’s any point hiring a new CEO while awaiting the fallout from the Cole inquiry.

WEA chairman Tim Besley said he was in a dilemma about replacing Glen Taylor while waiting for the Cole report. "I think we all recognise that life won’t be the same after Cole," he said, but "we had to take some action to fill this slot and the minister’s aware of and supports the action we’ve taken".

So if you want a job that might only last a little while and will be different from what it is now, send your CV to Tim. It pays $260K a year and, on past performance, it seems you don’t have to do anything.

Skol
08-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Even with bad news about AWB in the press every few days this is on the way up. P/E of 8 and d/yield of 10.9%.

STRAT
18-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Sorry AA. Dont get it. Where is the reversal on the chart above?

BRICKS
21-02-2009, 11:25 AM
AWB is not loved by BRICKS any MORE..

Sideshow Bob
25-02-2009, 09:35 PM
AWB is not loved by BRICKS any MORE..

Who needs charts - there's a buy signal if yoiu ever needed one!! ;)

Sideshow Bob
25-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Great photos AA - thanks for that.

Somewhat off-topic however!!

Dr_Who
04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Doc likes AWB.

drillfix
04-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Doc likes AWB.

I am more interested in where is AA? why does he no longer post here?

It has been a while since Ive seen him posting.

Does anybody know where or how he is??

ps: Doc, you like a bit of sideways stocks do you? or for future holdings?

Dr_Who
04-01-2010, 04:29 PM
ps: Doc, you like a bit of sideways stocks do you? or for future holdings?

LOL... I am a med/long term investor. I do trade once abit on the side for fun, but mostly I invest for the med/long term. This is evident with my holdings in IRN, NUF, BLY, ELD (ELDDA) etc....

It doesnt matter if the stock goes sideways or lower as long as the fundamentals are there. I buy into undervalued stocks with good fundamentals and a recovery story. A good company doesnt stay cheap forever. If it stays cheap, then someone will come along and buy them out. This is true with my holding in NUF and IRN.

Watch for more M&A in the rural sector.

Dr_Who
12-01-2010, 11:33 AM
AWB looking good.

Dr_Who
24-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Consolidation in the Aussie rural sector is looking more interesting with each passing day.

Watch for more corporate play coming your way.