PDA

View Full Version : PNA

Pages : 1 [2]

STRAT
07-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Gotcha,I tested with a small parcel!This Irish boy is a shipwrecked kiwi whose lady had to come home for a dose of the Blarney.Just started trading last nov.on NZX and ASX last month.The markets here are pretty...(Its chunder,I won't go into it)ASX has been a better ride with oil/metals but gold was good to me.Sounds like they'll be the play for the duration.I'm Certainly learning heaps off you guys.Thats the thing I find about the web.The best stuff is free!Timo this site is great for a helping hand but dont be believing all you read. Theres no such thing as a free lunch ;)
The stock Market is pretty stuffed over there eh?

Timo
07-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Strat ,I know what you mean.It's good to know what everybody is up to though(Seeking Alpha,Trader Dan,etc) and get a laugh to!(Very much a sense of community on this site. More then others)All my mistakes have been mine and gains likewise.Hopefully I'll get more estute and be able to contribute.
Yeh Ireland is toast!They had a shot at it and lost the run of it.Will be interesting times here the next decade or so!Thanks to Germany, they'll pay the bills for awhile.Cheers to the long winter nights here and the NZX/ASX and I'll be able to escape and overwinter in NZ next Summer.I'm on the Barrier but will be over in the big smoke to clock folk.I'll try to make a Sharetrader meeting.Niceone!

trader10
16-04-2009, 10:12 PM
patrick
luca

Very Positive.
Back to last years $1.31?

Hi Luca,

Hey genesis,

This little gem has no breaks ! LOL

Amazing run from teens 13's...... am itching to take some profits soon..... or might go freebies if decided......

Amazing strenght here...... did I hear Rothschild somewhere the lines..... oh yes.....

cheers

patrick
20-04-2009, 08:51 AM
AND Copper price lifting nicely.
Luca

shasta
16-05-2009, 09:39 PM
AND Copper price lifting nicely.
Luca

I'm thinking a copper company with gold & silver credits is a good investmentm now ive exited GMI, & PNA fits the bill. ;)

I should have bought in way back around 15c when i had already seen the fundamental value.

Nevermind lots to go in PNA yet...

Huang Chung
17-05-2009, 11:06 AM
If you're looking for fundamental value in a copper play Shas, cast your eye over Discovery Metals (DML). Not in production yet, which might rule them out for you, but just thought I'd mention it all the same.

shasta
17-05-2009, 02:14 PM
If you're looking for fundamental value in a copper play Shas, cast your eye over Discovery Metals (DML). Not in production yet, which might rule them out for you, but just thought I'd mention it all the same.

I'll have a look, would have to be near term though.

I want to benefit from the resource recovery early in the piece, which is a pity why IRN can't get up & running sooner

impacman
18-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Shasta, good to see you are looking again. I have a position at an average of 32c. Was 20c but thought it was heading away from me last week and got the other 50% I was after at 44c - teach me to jump too fast.

Do you have a view on what entry price would tempt you?

The following was posted on SS today and is taken from the Business Spectator:

– PanAust, a Laos-focussed copper and gold producer, is reportedly having its books checked over by two parties, possibly BHP Billiton and Equinox Minerals. PanAust traded under 10 cents in late 2008 and has quadrupled over the year to close at 41 cents on Friday. Despite no announcements since May 5, the stock had a volatile run over the last week, suggesting that the rumour has spread throughout the market, a source has told us. The company could be worth more, but has a $105 million facility from Goldman Sachs to refinance by the end of July - end

shasta
18-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Shasta, good to see you are looking again. I have a position at an average of 32c. Was 20c but thought it was heading away from me last week and got the other 50% I was after at 44c - teach me to jump too fast.

Do you have a view on what entry price would tempt you?

The following was posted on SS today and is taken from the Business Spectator:

– PanAust, a Laos-focussed copper and gold producer, is reportedly having its books checked over by two parties, possibly BHP Billiton and Equinox Minerals. PanAust traded under 10 cents in late 2008 and has quadrupled over the year to close at 41 cents on Friday. Despite no announcements since May 5, the stock had a volatile run over the last week, suggesting that the rumour has spread throughout the market, a source has told us. The company could be worth more, but has a $105 million facility from Goldman Sachs to refinance by the end of July - end

PNA 2009 Ore reserves

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=210443

Not sure EQN will be going after PNA, but BHP yes i see that happening.

As for my entry price, support around 30c (ish) might tempt me

http://www.directbroking.co.nz/cgi-bin/sparkle.dll/superchart?template=dblsuperchart&session=0&instrument=PNA&exchange=ASX&period=6M&adj=yes&vs=LINE&ct=CANDLE&compi=&ma1=30&ma2=90&bb=&ind=RSI&ra=2

shasta
21-05-2009, 08:36 PM
PNA - 2008 Annual Review

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=210573

I particularly like the 5 year growth strategy to double production, but 2011 is when the action really starts

impacman
26-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Trading halt today and announcement of $358mAUD capital raising through cornerstone investment and Equity offer.

Guangdong Rising Assets Management (GRAM - chinese investment group) goong to take up 19.5% at 39.5 cents/share AUD. Then 2 for 9 equity offer to existing SH's at 28c AUD.

Goldman Sachs JBWere will be paid out of raising and rest used to fund projects.

Not sure what it all means at this point but assume it will reduce SP in short term but in longer term I think having a cornerstone investor like that (stability, funding etc) can only be good. My timeframe on this one has always been $1 AUD in two years. I don't think this development will harm that.

Any other views?

shasta
26-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Trading halt today and announcement of $358mAUD capital raising through cornerstone investment and Equity offer.

Guangdong Rising Assets Management (GRAM - chinese investment group) goong to take up 19.5% at 39.5 cents/share AUD. Then 2 for 9 equity offer to existing SH's at 28c AUD.

Goldman Sachs JBWere will be paid out of raising and rest used to fund projects.

Not sure what it all means at this point but assume it will reduce SP in short term but in longer term I think having a cornerstone investor like that (stability, funding etc) can only be good. My timeframe on this one has always been $1 AUD in two years. I don't think this development will harm that.

Any other views?

Despite the extra dillution (share consolidation shortly?), this is brillant news for PNA.

Re-read there recent presentations & see where that cash will go to develop there other projects...

This will ramp up production & fast track PNA to achieve there 5 year growth strategy.

The chinese are cunning buggers buying in cheap & holding for the long term, they have effectively ensured PNA won't be swallowed up by BHP, unless it's at a very attractive premium.

Your $1 a share could come early if copper, & gold hold up :rolleyes:

impacman
26-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah I had thought a consolidation might be on the cards at some stage - heck of a lot of shares will be on issue soon! I suspect your price temptation point of low 30's may be a reality soon - perhaps mid to high 20's for a short period.:rolleyes:

Definitely feel management have done a good job working their way through the credit crisis and the position with GRAM is far better than the "over a barrell" situation with GSJBW!

patrick
08-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Anyone in NZ received Offer docuements?
Thanks

Bouncerdog
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Anyone in NZ received Offer docuements?
Thanks

Yep. Got mine this morning. We've got two weeks to get the money to them.

I don't know why these sort of things are always so fussy. I have to drive half an hour to the bank to order a bank draft and then drive back in a day or so to collect it. And then the purchase form wants me to write a bunch of stuff about the cheque - sorry but I've no idea how to read an Aussie cheque's numbers. It's all Greek to me. Why can't I just give them my bank details and they just help themselves to what they need.

All this running around just so that PNA don't have to go to the bank themselves!!:rolleyes:

Ah well. It'll probably be for the best in the long run.

jdg
09-06-2009, 08:06 AM
bouncerdog, if you ring the bank they will post the cheque to you. saves a bit of fuss.

-j

biker
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Just a repeat of my 'Copper Company' post in case you missed it!

From today's (6th) Sun Herald (NSW) Investor supplement:
"PanAust has glittering prospects
"Analysts are upbeat on this mining and exploration company.
"This copper and gold mining and exploration company was established in its current form more than a decade ago but started looking to South East Asia towards the end of the 1990's. It acquired controlling intersts in a project in Thailand in 1999 and its cornerstone project in Laos in 2001.
"It is Brisbane headquartered but all its operations are offshore.
"Although it reported a loss for the past halfyear, most analysts researching the stock are optimistic, with seven out of 12 rating it as a buy.
"Its cornerstone Phu Kham Copper-Gold operation in Laos was brought on stream in April last year and started commercial production of coper-gold oxide in June, 2008.
"It has just completed its first 12 months of operation and had no lost time injuries (LTI) - a total of 6.5 million hours with no injury that would have prevented any employee working.
"That's rather remarkable considering the Australian open-cut metalliferous mining industry performance of 1.8 LTIs per million man hours during 2007-08.
"And although it reported an interim net profit after tax (NPAT) loss of $US15.8million for the first half ended June, that included $US19.1million in one-off costs associated with a share-option expense and a redemption fee for the repayment of a debt facility with Goldman Sach JBWere.
"The company is also about to receive a $216 million investment from Chinese Guangdong Rising Assets Management after the Chinese Govt. approved its investment in the company. That, along with an equity raising earlier this year, has helped knock its gearing level to less than 20 per cent, not a bad thing in the current environment.
"And if the copper price continues to rise, admittedly off a rather low base, its outlook may be even rosier.
"UBS is so optimistic it has made it its preferred Australian copper stock.
"UBS write in a report 'this is due to its solid operating performance and options for expansions at Phu Kham and the potential development of the Ban Houayxai gold-silver project'
"The Ban Houayxai project is in the south-west of the Phu Bia Contract Area in Laos and had a pre-feasability study completed on it in September last year, which revealed the potential to produce 100,000oz to 130,000 oz of gold and 700,000 to 800,000oz a year of silver over a minimum period of six years.
"Although currently trading at about 40cents, UBS has a price target of 59 cents on the stoock. RBS has a price target of 47 cents but Citigroup's is 42cents, due to a more conservative commodity price outlook.
"Advantages:
Improving copper price
New project potential
Major Chinese investor
Disadvantages:
Volatility of commodity prices
Exchange rate
Country risk
Verdict
Although commodity prices are volatile and PanAust has just one major project online, it has identified other opportunities that
could eventually turn it into a much bigger player."

impacman
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for that Biker.:)

shasta
07-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for that Biker.:)

Take the mid-point of Ban Houayxai, say 115k/oz Au, 750k/oz Ag per year

Using Gold @ $US990/oz, & Silver @ $US16/oz, @ AUD/USD @ 0.85

Gold Revenue ~$US114m, Silver revenue ~$US12m

$US126m/.85 = ~$A150m (& Ban Houayxai meant to be a 6 year mine)

Phu Kham going well, & PNA still has another 50kt/pa Copper Project in it's portfolio to come online.

That's a large project by any means :rolleyes:

impacman
07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Take the mid-point of Ban Houayxai, say 115k/oz Au, 750k/oz Ag per year

Using Gold @ $US990/oz, & Silver @ $US16/oz, @ AUD/USD @ 0.85

Gold Revenue ~$US114m, Silver revenue ~$US12m

$US126m/.85 = ~$A150m (& Ban Houayxai meant to be a 6 year mine)

Phu Kham going well, & PNA still has another 50kt/pa Copper Project in it's portfolio to come online.

That's a large project by any means :rolleyes:

Yes it is. Been a bit of a drag watching it float around the 38 - 41c mark for last month or two but to be honest probably looking at it from a spoilt position (the general run of late creates unrealistic expectations!). Still happy to hold with a view of $1 in next two years AOTBE:D

Cheers,

I-man

shasta
29-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes it is. Been a bit of a drag watching it float around the 38 - 41c mark for last month or two but to be honest probably looking at it from a spoilt position (the general run of late creates unrealistic expectations!). Still happy to hold with a view of $1 in next two years AOTBE:D

Cheers,

I-man

PNA - Likely Resource Upgrade at Phu Kham :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=214151

Current SP 48.5c

shasta
22-07-2010, 09:54 PM
PNA - Likely Resource Upgrade at Phu Kham :)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=214151

Current SP 48.5c

Just revisiting some old chest nuts!

PNA - June Quarterly Report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=222253

Cash costs just $US0.97/lb (due to large gold & silver credits)

2010 Production forecasts

60 - 63,000T Copper @ cash costs $US0.95 - $US1.05/lb (after credits 43,000/oz Au, 300,000/oz Ag)

Quarterly Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PNA&E=ASX&N=222254

Disc: Nil

winner69
30-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Great gains for those who have listened to Roger on other threads

Earnings upgrade and zoom goes the share price ..... up up and away

With many punters still on holiday not too late methinks