PDA

View Full Version : Ellex - elx

shots
02-04-2006, 08:54 AM
I don,t know whether anyone has posted on this company.
They make and supply Lasers for eye surgery.have markets in USA/japan and appear to be leaders in developing this technology,having released recently a new laser.
It is in a Niche market with high returns.
They were a distribution Co, but now make and market their own products providing much better margins.
Share price has increased in recent times from .20c to.62c 31/3/06.
They are going to do a presentation at the Citigroup micro cap conference shortly to get their Company profile out there.

This Company may be worth a look at for good short and long term growth.

I have recently purchased shares as to me they appear to be developing a strong business.
I would love some opinion and please DYOR

cloggs
02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I bought in at 45ct a month ago on the strength of stuff I read about ELX on sharescene.com which has a thread about it. Obviously I think its a great company cause they've gone up nearly 50%since then. They sem to have a good product with not much in the way of competition.

shots
03-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi cloggs,
Well done.
Market Analysis have recently recomended these as a buy.
That,s what got me interested in digging deeper.
Lets see what happens with the full year results.
I feel your return may be 100%.
So long as the financials deliver.
Regards
shots

shots
04-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Ellex outlines its direction in citigroup presentation.
To grow market share in it,s current potential $200 million market.
Then enter the $2Billion Opthalmic device market.
This is their strategy which sounds pretty exciting,which is only my opinion.
Please DYOR

tommy
30-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Recently broke resistance, ready to rock n' roll[:p]

http://asx.netquote.com.au/charts.asp?code=elx&x=0&y=0

One to watch, sell side is thin (hehehe)

Please do your own research (disclosure: I hold)

Flying Goat
10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
hope you're hanging in there Tommy, Ellex getting stronger on the back of the clearance for China news. $1.00 not far off?

fg

Flying Goat
11-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Tommy what are yr thoughts (fundamentally) on ELX at the mo. Is slipping into a price range where i am starting to look more closely...

Thanks, FG

percy
18-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Today's profit upgrade guidance was well received by the market.

Lizard
18-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Looks interesting. Would be interesting to have a closer look at the potential for the AMD treatment and extent/possible timing of future growth from it.

drew
18-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Interesting i was just looking at this company over the weekend along with some other very small cap medical device companies.

ELX didnt quite interest me but IRIX listed on the NASDAQ does seem very interesting. Have any of you looked at this company at all?

percy
19-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Interesting i was just looking at this company over the weekend along with some other very small cap medical device companies.

ELX didnt quite interest me but IRIX listed on the NASDAQ does seem very interesting. Have any of you looked at this company at all?

I have had a quick look.Appears to be a loss maker,and in a down trend on charts,well below 50day MA.I do note revenue is up fom 8.8mil to 15.2 with a lot lower margins.Will be interesed to watch and look forward to you keeping us updated drew.

macduffy
19-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Getting back to ELX, I took a modest profit here a couple of years ago.

In 2006, ELX was recommended as a potential high-flyer when the SP was around 45c. From memory, this peaked around 80-90C before starting a long term decline to levels a bit lower than those now current. I managed to exit with a fair bit of my profit intact.

At current SP and with management confirming profit expectations around $3.5m, the stock is trading on a very modest P/E of 3 or 4. After all, there's only 85m shares on issue in what is a very small company.

As Lizard has noted, ELX's future attraction lies in its ability ( or otherwise) to develop/enhance its technology. If I had a better feel for this I might be tempted to have another dabble here.

mark100
19-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I think that $3.5m is pre tax macduffy although I haven't checked to see if they have tax losses to offset

Lizard
19-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I had a bit of a look at the 2RT therapy last night. The patent is pretty recent at USPTO and assigned to Ellex etc. There was a good article in The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/jul/05/blindness-laser-cure-amd) that I think covers it, though I didn't get as far as linking up the people involved.

Would think it will take a few years to make any real difference by the time they run another 12 month clinical trial (or more), process results and go through regulatory processes. Then have to spread the word and get marketing out there.

However, will continue watching ELX and maybe spend a bit more time going through when full report is out.

macduffy
19-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I think that $3.5m is pre tax macduffy although I haven't checked to see if they have tax losses to offset

That's correct, mark. The $3.5m is NPBT but the company had unused tax loses and credits as at 30 June 2009.

percy
29-09-2010, 12:59 PM
well some one has fallen in love with elx.see there is a buyer at 32cents.SP has doubled in the last month or so.

percy
29-09-2010, 07:10 PM
percy old son,someone sure has the hots for this stock.finished the day at 33.5cents,on good volume.

macduffy
24-05-2016, 07:39 AM
A positive report from this quiet achiever has jolted the shareprice upwards recently.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160506/pdf/437246q055q0w8.pdf