PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush - why am I missing out?!

bronson
20-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Isn't it great to see Gold at US $640 an ounce.

I piled all my money into gold shares when the price was US $550. I must be swimming in profits right? Wrong.

Purchased MOE, ELM, TGS and GDR and they all haven't moved since gold has made it's run over the last month. Yet shares such as BSG, LHG are increasing as the gold price rises.

Why I am not being rewarded for taking the plunge and doing all my research that gold was the commodity to be in and yet I actually lose money out of it.

Lucky gold didn't go down - I'd be broke by now.

Just one day I wish some good fortune would shine on me - just once would be nice.

Right, back to spagetti on toast tonite[V]

whiteheron
20-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Just remember that the sharemarket is a place where wealth is transferred from the impatient to the patient ( that is , so long as your research has been done )

Many a time I have sold too early , only to find that shortly thereafter there has been a significant price rise for the shares in thecompany sold

Sometimes you just have to sit and watch the grass grow for a while

shasta
20-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Bronson, how much gold do those companies have & how long before its extracted, what are the costs of extraction? Do they have finance to further the projects? You need to look into them a little more, remember every bull run leads to newcomers into the sector & its the proven miners who profit & are selling it when the prices are high. Many junior miners miss the boat or get swallowed up when they do not have the financial sources to compete.

Like what whiteheron said, a mining company takes time to realise its potential, especially if new, and there is infrastructure to be built etc.

pago
20-04-2006, 09:22 PM
hi for what its worth,gold com on my watchlist are cto.mrs.bmo.maybe heg.this is not advise cheers pago.

bronson
20-04-2006, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by pago

hi for what its worth,gold com on my watchlist are cto.mrs.bmo.maybe heg.this is not advise cheers pago.

Please don't rub salt into the wound:(

bronson
20-04-2006, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by shasta

Bronson, how much gold do those companies have & how long before its extracted,

Well Moto Goldmines (MOE) has a resource estimate of 16 million o/z - probably 20 million by June/July and could be one the the great gold stories worldwide.

Only problems are that it is in the Congo and is currently in negotiations dispute with the Govt (see MOE thread)

If things work out for it they will be talking about this company for years to come.

pago
20-04-2006, 09:42 PM
bronson,sell and buy another share if your not happy,im holding sbm as a fairly safe gold share,but im not saying sbm is the best buy,cheers pago.

bronson
20-04-2006, 09:45 PM

bronson,sell and buy another share if your not happy,im holding sbm as a fairly safe gold share,but im not saying sbm is the best buy,cheers pago.

No worries pago - I'll hang on. Patience and Perseverence shall be the key:D

Mick100
20-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Patience and perseverence is the key when your holding good solid companies. Unfortunately companies with operations in the congo do not fall into that catagory.An iron mining company with Fe grades of less than 60% does not fall into that catagory either. I bought most of my mining shares in 2003. While there were a lot more bargains around in those days, there's still the odd one to be found today - you just have to look a bit harder.

bronson
20-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Point taken Mick. The Eckhof related companies are a risk and people need to be aware of that. Risk and reward is never a truer statement especially for those in the Congo.

ASXIOU
20-04-2006, 10:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by whiteheron

Just remember that the sharemarket is a place where wealth is transferred from the impatient to the patient ( that is , so long as your research has been done )

Many a time I have sold too early , only to find that shortly thereafter there has been a significant price rise for the shares in thecompany sold

Sometimes you just have to sit and watch the grass grow for a while

If you have done your research then just sit and be patient. I have learnt my lesson in patience. There is not a single commodity related stock which i have owned and sold within the last couple of years which is not now trading well above my sale price. I had IGO and LHG early on but let them go after becoming bored with sp inactivity. It pains me to look at their prices now and think what might have been. If your research is on the mark then it's just a waiting game..:)

bronson
20-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

nelehdine
21-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Lets hope you outperform today Bronson, Moto are up strongly on the TSX ... the rest is gonna be pretty nasty though I think.

Disc: Approx $200k in gold,silver & PGM stocks, gonna turn the computer off today !!!

Kookaburra
21-04-2006, 11:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by bronson

Isn't it great to see Gold at US $640 an ounce.

I piled all my money into gold shares when the price was US $550. I must be swimming in profits right? Wrong.

I am experiencing the same with OGD which to me is a very safe gold stock at the prduction stage with large reserves. Yet the price has gone up little. I regard it as cheap at currrent proces. I suspect that sentiment plays a large part and some stocks do not get noticed. This one is interesting because it is always cheaper on the Aus market than the NZ one. Sentiment again?

Kookaburra
21-04-2006, 11:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by nelehdine

Lets hope you outperform today Bronson, Moto are up strongly on the TSX ... the rest is gonna be pretty nasty though I think.

Disc: Approx $200k in gold,silver & PGM stocks, gonna turn the computer off today !!!

Interesting. Why do you think it is going to be nasty? To me this bull run has a way to go yet. No hot tips from the bellhop yet.

Packersoldkidney
21-04-2006, 11:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kookaburra

I am experiencing the same with OGD which to me is a very safe gold stock at the prduction stage with large reserves. Yet the price has gone up little. I regard it as cheap at currrent proces. I suspect that sentiment plays a large part and some stocks do not get noticed. This one is interesting because it is always cheaper on the Aus market than the NZ one. Sentiment again?

OGD is subject to a fairly large hedging book....thus with much of its production (over 50% I believe) the company cannot take advantge of the rise in the price of gold.

Kookaburra
24-04-2006, 10:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Packersoldkidney
OGD is subject to a fairly large hedging book....thus with much of its production (over 50% I believe) the company cannot take advantge of the rise in the price of gold.

In fact in one sense you are right - 80% of gold production in any one year is hedged. Currently the average hedge price is US 443 (to 2008) and OGD has sold forward 480,000ozs. Current production was 170,000ozs for 2005. However the share price has to be based on more than just two years of production (OGD expect to ramp up to 230,000ozs a year). They state that estimated resource over Macraes, Reefton and Sams Creek/Rise and Shine is 7.0m ozs. Recovery cost is currently @ around US240/oz. If the long run price of gold (and this is the $64 question) stays around US600 then the total resource value is potentially 7m x (600-240) = US2.5b or US7 a share. Currently that is about NZ$11. Spread over say 10years that should mean a current value of in the region of NZ$0.90 without any growth in the price of gold(at a guess not having the wherewithall to do an NPV calculation). If the long run value goes to say US700 then the value goes to around NZ$1.40. These are very crude sums but they do indicate to me that the rpice is low despite the hedging.

lanenz
24-04-2006, 10:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by bronson

Please don't rub salt into the wound:(
Sounds like cojodoggy

bronson
08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
This sharemarket is completely *&*ked up. I'm losing big money on all my gold shares and gold is now $686 o/z.

Someone put me out of my misery will ya.

easy money
08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
YOU MIGHT LIKE TO STAY IN CASH....just for a little while....ill give some help later

airedale
08-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Kookaburra, OGD are expected to restructure their hedge book in the near future. Which augurs well for the SP.

JBmurc
09-05-2006, 10:19 AM
OGD will be great buying at these levels if they scraped the hedge book ;)why they ever hedged so much at 443usd ,no doult the banks needed them too for there loans.
Gold,s only going higher my prediction at least 750usd by years end
costs should increase(fuel#1) as the NZD trends lower -offset against higher sales prices (imo-costs will outweigh higher prices for OGD)
overall a good safe(43c-asset backing)gold investment
-But personal belive DIO or MRS will blow OGD out the door for sp increases over the next couple years but also alot higher risk.;)

Mick100
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Bronson, I have some advice for you:

sell all of your shares and put your money in a bank deposit - your way out of your depth in this market

You could also buy CAZ and lose 75% of your capital in the next couple of months - I'd go for the bank deposit myself.

easy money
13-05-2006, 06:13 PM
gold at over 700....when will it end(a lot higher)..ibr..close to production..the upside is there

IcedPaladin
14-05-2006, 12:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by easy money

YOU MIGHT LIKE TO STAY IN CASH....just for a little while....ill give some help later

Thanks for your thoughts EM.

What are your thoughts now regarding your previous two stocks you were bullish about CER and CSG Now wheres that CSG>?

easy money
14-05-2006, 02:27 PM
NO CHANGE THERE IP....cer have there annual meeting on tuesday..are you going?

IcedPaladin
14-05-2006, 08:15 PM
[quote]Originally posted by easy money

NO CHANGE THERE IP....cer have there annual meeting on tuesday..are you going?
[Well there was a 2 million odd sell order sitting just above 5 cents with very little depth on the buy side one must be rather pessimistic about short term prospects.

Your thoughts.

Have you given any reccomendations in the past that have done the deeds?

I was bullish about Summit at around 5 cents Im not one to brag but....... /quote]

easy money
15-05-2006, 04:27 PM
You know IP.... sales for cer are up 622% for the march quarter..thats www.certified-organics.com

ASXIOU
15-05-2006, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by JBmurc

OGD will be great buying at these levels if they scraped the hedge book ;)why they ever hedged so much at 443usd ,no doult the banks needed them too for there loans.
Gold,s only going higher my prediction at least 750usd by years end
costs should increase(fuel#1) as the NZD trends lower -offset against higher sales prices (imo-costs will outweigh higher prices for OGD)
overall a good safe(43c-asset backing)gold investment
-But personal belive DIO or MRS will blow OGD out the door for sp increases over the next couple years but also alot higher risk.;)

OGD hedge book restructured. See announcement today!

tricha
16-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Make sure you’ve got GOLD!

Goes like this, no\low hedging, no\low debt, in production or close to it, excellent management, no\low soverign risk, low cash cost to produce.

Stagflation Here We Come!

By Greg Silberman

May 15, 2006

goldandoil.blogspot.com

I’ve been out of town.

I travel fairly often between Australia and the USA and it never ceases to amaze me that you can sit on a plane for 20 hours (that’s right!) and arrive in an ALTERNATIVE REALITY.

To say that Australia is far from the US is a MAJOR understatement. However the differences don’t stop at Geography. The US is a nation of consumers. The public is focused on Property, Gas Prices and War. The US never ever sleeps!

Australia on the other hand is about lifestyle. The beach, leisure and spending time with family comes first. Australia is also at War but it doesn’t seem to affect the psyche as much. Property prices are no longer the talk they used to be – it’s now the stock market. Gas prices though are also a worry.

ATLANTA INVESTMENT EXPO

As far as expos go the Atlanta Investment Expo was very small. That was great for me because it allowed me to have one-on-one discussions with some Heavy Weights in the Resource Industry and Stock Market Bears.

I was lucky enough to have a close friend accompany me to the expo. It would be fair to say that his attitude and focus towards Commodities changed quite a bit as a result.

I consider my friend a ‘Thinking Mainstream Investor’ so I felt I could extrapolate his views to those of the Investing Public at large. Here’s what I came away with:

• For all the Noise and Chatter about metals and oil making decade highs, we are still very early in this Commodity Bull Market. I’d say we’ve got at least 10 years to go but probably more. It’s going to be a long game so pace yourself for a marathon and not a sprint.

• The public is still shocked when a speaker talks about the Demise of the American Empire and the “Death of the Dollar”. 5 years ago such talk would have been nothing short of treasonous. You gotta love America for Free Speech!

• Energy is the pivotal factor affecting prosperity. Gold and Inflation are a complete unknown.

• The American Investor better realize there is a World outside the USA - especially when it comes to money matters. Americans should travel more and consider implementing what James Turk calls the Last Plane Ticket (LPT). The LPT is a plan to have some assets outside of the USA in case of Government confiscation or exchange controls. The LPT can be used to live off if you have to leave the country. To even contemplate such a thing comes as an UNBELIEVABLE shock.

• The internet is the main source of information for Resource Based investors. The mainstream media have failed miserably in reporting the TRUE story.

My personal view is that in 2 to 5 years time these kinds of expos are going to be Full Houses. You won’t even get close to any of the guest speakers.

THE MAIN STORY

The talk right now is about Gold pushing through the $700 line.

Consider that it took Gold rising to $850 before Paul Volcker was able to break the back of inflation in the early 80’s. Now were at $700 and nobody even acknowledges that there is inflation! Therefore Gold is going to go a LOT higher before the dust settles. In fact adjusted for inflation Gold will have to exceed $2,000 just to match its peak of $850 in 80’s!

Long time readers know that I’ve been reluctant to call this current Monetary phenomenon by name. Is it Inflation, Deflation, Stagflation or what? The reason being, a convincing case could be made for investing in Gold and Energy in almost any monetary climate.

However, I now feal reasonably comfortable in calling this Beast.

For the foreseeable future I believe we are looking directly at Stagflation.

Stagflation is an Inflationary environment coupled with very low rates of growt

Bel
17-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Fundamental reasons behind the rise in the price of gold or pure speculation forming a bubble that will burst once they run out of buyers?

DISC: I hold no gold in any form.

easy money
17-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I notice gold is back above us$700

JBmurc
24-11-2011, 02:46 PM
This sharemarket is completely *&*ked up. I'm losing big money on all my gold shares and gold is now $686 o/z.

Someone put me out of my misery will ya.

Well your'd be super pissed at today movement of gold shares with gold at $1745oz AUD

The German government was unable to sell about 35pc of the €6bn (£5bn) 10-year bonds it offered to the market, getting just €3.9bn of debt away. The setback came as Fitch Ratings issued a warning that France’s AAA credit rating would be at risk should the crisis result in a sharper downturn in the country than currently envisaged.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8910839/German-bond-auction-disaster-rocks-markets.html

Lizard
24-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but in quoting him, don't forget that Bronson was the ST "Joker" in the pack... with a number of other friendly identities, seemingly set up to troll Stolwyk... probably best remembered as "cujodog", I believe.

airedale
24-11-2011, 04:31 PM
The title of this thread is sure to set Skol barking a "warning".

JBmurc
24-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah, but in quoting him, don't forget that Bronson was the ST "Joker" in the pack... with a number of other friendly identities, seemingly set up to troll Stolwyk... probably best remembered as "cujodog", I believe.

Not so much talking up bronson but the fact if we look back how miffed many gold share holders were back when gold was booming at 600-700oz now it's some $1000 more an sentiment is currently even worse towards great operations....
----- it's alway darkest before the drawn 2012 IMHO will be the year that many good Gold/silver plays will boom along with the metals prices

JBmurc
02-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Looking over a few the goldies I follow I'm certainly see many bargains around and will be moving a good chunk of funds into my ANZ call account before Junes done ..... Some PRU in the lows 20's IRC sub 10c first on my shopping list and maybe even some WPG ,RMS

Blackrose
27-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Hi hi - I have too much skin in this area.

But for now my $0.02 is yours free. The smelly feral high vis types that like playing in red dirt in WA, report an upbeat feeling in the town of Kalgoorlie WA. There is a bucket load of off sight drillers getting large machinery back in action and, a few listings in the hustings from the miners. This can suggest that there might be a bounce in the Au - but talking modestly here.

I've been waiting for Trump the orange one to put his foot in it and start either a NK exchange, a Russian China dust up or another flair up around Syria for a while now. When war happens the shiny gold stuff tends to go up in price. Or there is another theory that Indian brides to be want a dowry with some of the gold stuff or you have your scared aging dooms day preppers wanting to hoard bars too. Anyway. ANYWAY. Supply side is moderate.

Miners to watch. (ASX)

SBM
SLR
S32
EVN

and for the old school BHP, and FMG

shasta
30-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I sold out of WGX back when over $A2.30, worth watching sub $2, I'm following GOR and RMS presently, out of pure gold plays but any decent movement in gold price and I'll pull the trigger

JBmurc
30-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Still holding IRC .... might buy a few more

and... NKP for PGM's which are still working through issues before relisting >> might here more at GM

JBmurc
26-08-2019, 10:05 AM
AUD Gold $2308oz .... ASX Gold sector M&A is going to lead to ballistic growth in many undervalued micro-cap explorers that really haven't see much movement in SP since $1500oz AUD Gold >>> I'm certainly not going to miss out

JBmurc
26-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Not sure how many ST's are looking to invest funds in the ASX Gold sector's smaller end of town but these are the ones I hold and looking to take a position in.
personal never been a better time to be holding AUD/ASX Gold companies with record high profit margins the sector is heating up quickly

CHN,CWX,WWI,TGM,HMX,SRN,AMG

JBmurc
28-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Also purchased some OBM yesterday .... was once long ago a MON S/H ( luckerly sold before admin)

Looks primed to get market attention as it head towards productions once again under new major US owners

Another T/O target like EAR

JBmurc
28-08-2019, 07:17 PM
https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/chinese-juggernaut-seeks-wa-gold-sector-investment/

China’s leading gold producer Zhaojin International Mining has formed a joint venture (JV) with Perth-based PCF Capital Group to invest in Western Australia’s gold mining sector.

Western Australian Mines and Petroleum Minister Bill Johnston believes there’s “never been a better time to invest” with the Australian gold price hitting record levels this month.

PCF, an independent corporate advisory firm, will identify opportunities and provide advice to Zhaojin on potential transactions.

Zhaojin is one of China’s largest gold smelting companies with a market capitalisation of $US5 billion ($7.4 billion).

The company integrates exploration, mining, mineral processing, smelting and market operations into one, receiving grants for 48 patents and 29 awards for technological achievements in 2016 alone.

“Western Australia’s innovative and globally competitive gold industry is a key component of our reputation as a destination of choice for resource investment,” Johnston, attending the Golden Gateway JV signing ceremony, said.

Western Australia places great value on its economic relationship with its Asian neighbours, particularly its biggest trading partner China, according to the state’s Asian Engagement Minister Peter Tinley.

Chinese companies have direct interests in projects across several commodities, including iron ore, liquefied natural gas, gold, lithium and manganese.

“Attracting foreign investment that helps to create and support jobs in Western Australia’s resources sector, as well as other sectors of the state’s economy, is a key priority of our strategic engagement with Asia,” Tinley concluded.

JBmurc
30-08-2019, 01:43 PM
STTCOMP CWX FA LONG

GOLD
S/P-14c
Mktcap-$7.8mill
Cash-est $1mill

Incredibly undervalued Vs assets + exploration upside

VIC Gold Fields #1 project

100% owner of HILL 800 drill results to date>>

-92.7m @ 3.22g/t Au from 2.3m (H8DD006)
-43m @ 4.24g/t Au, 0.3% Cu (H8DD002)
-101m @ 1.44g/t Au from 21m (H8DD019)
-34m @ 3.84g/t Au from surface (H8DD017)

Five new gold prospects defined within 1km of Hill 800: rock chip samples up to 4.74g/t Au associated with

gossans identical to the Hill 800 discovery outcrop

• Potential for large-scale magmatic-related mineral systems at depth beneath the Hill 800 and Rhyolite Creek prospects

• Hill 800 Mineral Resource estimate due before the end of SEPT19

----
2nd major project area >>>

The Company’s Paterson Project is located in the Paterson Province of Western Australia, a region which is host to a number of world-class gold and copper deposits, including Newcrest's Telfer gold and copper deposit and Metals X's Nifty copper deposit.

The region has seen a marked increase in exploration activity recently, following two major new finds within 12 months: Winu, a potentially large sediment-hosted copper deposit discovered by Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO); and Havieron, an intrusion-related gold and copper deposit discovered by AIM-listed Greatland Gold PLC (AIM:GGP) (Figure 8).

Carawine’s Paterson tenements contain host formations and structures common to the major mineral deposits in the area. The tenements were applied for prior to the significant increase in exploration and tenement activity witnessed in the region in recent times and were selected based on their proximity to known mineralisation, shallow depth to basement, prospective stratigraphy and geophysical anomalies. The Company's tenement holding is one of the few remaining large, 100%-owned tenement packages in the region.

3rd project

FRASER RANGE PROJECT

The Fraser Range Project includes 5 granted exploration licences in four areas: Red Bull, Bindii, Big Bullocks and Similkameen (Fraser Range Joint Venture tenements); and one exploration licence application Big Bang (100% Carawine), in the Fraser Range region of Western Australia

The Project is considered prospective for magmatic nickel-sulphide deposits such as that at Independence Group NL’s (ASX:IGO; “IGO”;) Nova nickel-copper-cobalt operation. Carawine has a joint venture with IGO for the five granted tenements (the Fraser Range Joint Venture). IGO currently hold a 51% interest and can earn an additional 19% interest in the tenements by spending $5 million by the end of 2021.

Market cap to assets + Mgmt experience

= sub $10mill value doesn't make sense and I don't think it will last once the Hill 800 resource is announced

shasta
31-08-2019, 10:59 AM
I have previously looked into CWX and whilst the projects look very promising, i'm a bit disappointed in the low shareholding of Mgmt/Directors given the low MC.

I already hold GAL and LEG due to there links with IGO and Mark Creasy around the Fraser Range, WA so was looking for another gold explorer

Compared ENR to PRX - very close but decided on PRX as they have Newmont, Newcrest, IGO JVs, with the big boys paying the bills and very active drilling until the end of 2019.

IGO, GAL, LEG, and S2R all Mark Creasy linked in the Fraser Range area, for those interested in Ni/Cu/Au exposure

JBmurc
02-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Yes we will see .. Gold sector is warming up and of course today was brilliant for the Nickel plays .... purchased SGQ, BSX today off their highs of the days ... also purchased more WWI ... far to many hungry billion+ Gold producers with Gold plants close by WWI not to see one of them make a move after Mining Right is rewarded.

As to CWX ... some very nice projects .. many believe a CR / Placement is in the wings as to the SP not really getting traction .. I'm happy with my holding at this point and may well swing trade my position

JBmurc
11-09-2019, 07:19 PM
https://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/stronger-for-longer-citi-sees-big-gains-for-gold-ahead-20190911-p52q6m.html

'Stronger for longer': Citi sees big gains for gold ahead

JBmurc
30-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Interests associated with mining entrepreneur Chris Wallin have taken a 6% slice of CWX

What does a billionaire see in a company with a market cap of less than $14 million? 🧐

Follow the smart $$

shasta
04-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Interests associated with mining entrepreneur Chris Wallin have taken a 6% slice of CWX

What does a billionaire see in a company with a market cap of less than $14 million? ��

Follow the smart $$

Definitely a smart play following the money. I'm following Mark Creasy in GAL and LEG, in the same area IGO/Sirus found Nova nickel discovery.

Also following the little guys IGO are paying the bills for, in ENR, PRX.

JBmurc
04-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Definitely a smart play following the money. I'm following Mark Creasy in GAL and LEG, in the same area IGO/Sirus found Nova nickel discovery.

Also following the little guys IGO are paying the bills for, in ENR, PRX.

Yes and today I see yet another big hitter taking up recent placement of CWX shares after>>>> Quentin Flannery, son of mining and property millionaire Brian Flannery going from 7% to 9% S/H of CWX >>

JBmurc
16-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Great to see the major ASX Gold Producers like EVN doing so well >>> M&A is only going to get hotter next few years IMHO --- RXL/VMC certainly a target with RMS 200mill scrip+cash move on SPX's 300koz !!!!

EVN>>>

The company's statutory net profit after tax and net profit after tax each increased by 62% to A$147.2 million and $149.1 million, respectively.

EBITDA was up 23% to $441.2 million.

Mine operating cashflow was up 32% to $511.8 million, net mine cashflow increased 48% to $351.8 million and group free cashflow more than doubled to $242.4 million.

airedale
17-02-2020, 10:23 AM
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/czl.asx-6A963634/
Hi JB, small gold explorers will be attractive take over targets in the next couple of years as POG strengthens. Consolidated Zinc have announced a significant find at their site in Mexico. The base metal zinc, lead business may be their bread and butter but the gold find is not going to go away either.

JBmurc
27-02-2020, 07:54 AM
https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/czl.asx-6A963634/
Hi JB, small gold explorers will be attractive take over targets in the next couple of years as POG strengthens. Consolidated Zinc have announced a significant find at their site in Mexico. The base metal zinc, lead business may be their bread and butter but the gold find is not going to go away either.

Right yes I see some high rock chip samples .. but these days I try to avoid investing in rock chip samples after being burnt before from great samples to not have the grades coming through in any great amounts under surface trenching depth.

Personal like companies with the best grades over great widths CWX-RXL two with speculator results to date Vs market value

then you have the likes of WWI that could well command 4.5Moz 3g/t Gold resource later this year with hungry gold plants run by Major Gold producers only 10kms away ..And WWI has only a market value of 11mill!!!! market will re-rate muti-bags on Mining Right being awarded within the next couple of months

JBmurc
04-08-2020, 09:46 AM
still holding 9-10 Gold based ASX shares and will continue to hold for the foreseeable future ...I don't see this Gold Bull market ending till interest rates on fiat money is moving higher which going from the FED isn't for many many years>>

arekaywhy
04-08-2020, 01:24 PM
still holding 9-10 Gold based ASX shares and will continue to hold for the foreseeable future ...I don't see this Gold Bull market ending till interest rates on fiat money is moving higher which going from the FED isn't for many many years>>

Gold based? Like miners? Which one's if you don't mind?

Stumpynuts
04-08-2020, 03:38 PM

HMX - Hammer Metals for a start.
Founding director and head geologist are from GOR (Russell & Ziggy)
Both have recently put in fairly large amounts of their own money into HMX to further the exploration, received Govt grants from WA and QLD states, negotiated a joint venture with Japanese Govt.

They get on with the job and report within very acceptable timeframes, no mucking about with this lot.

JBmurc
04-08-2020, 05:44 PM

CWX- Gold - Cu-Ni- etc
CNB-Gold-Toll treatment plan
WWI-SA Gold- T/O by local majors on MR- DFS
GMR-West African Gold high risk reward
OBM-Gold soon to be producer-(my largest holding )
HMX-Cu-Gold-REE--Great mgmt- good connections
RXL-Gold Nickel -- uncovering major deposits in great locations
MAG-a large gold-copper porphyry hunter
MEU-Gold - Uranium great set of assets Vs Cap

gmatt
04-08-2020, 05:50 PM
CWX- Gold - Cu-Ni- etc
CNB-Gold-Toll treatment plan
WWI-SA Gold- T/O by local majors on MR- DFS
GMR-West African Gold high risk reward
OBM-Gold soon to be producer-(my largest holding )
HMX-Cu-Gold-REE--Great mgmt- good connections
RXL-Gold Nickel -- uncovering major deposits in great locations
MAG-a large gold-copper porphyry hunter
MEU-Gold - Uranium great set of assets Vs Cap

I have some of the above (only the Aussies) ....... but my biggest holding is BDC ...... JBmurc what are your thoughts on BDC?

JBmurc
05-08-2020, 08:14 AM
I have some of the above (only the Aussies) ....... but my biggest holding is BDC ...... JBmurc what are your thoughts on BDC?

Yeah BDC looks like another good longer term investment production planned early 2022... I'm invested in one of their close peers OBM ...which is planned to produce 1Q21

gmatt
05-08-2020, 08:20 AM
Yeah BDC looks like another good longer term investment production planned early 2022... I'm invested in one of their close peers OBM ...which is planned to produce 1Q21

I've been in OBM for a while and more than happy ..... also hold CNB, HMX and RXL ...... could be a good week!

JBmurc
05-08-2020, 09:05 AM
I've been in OBM for a while and more than happy ..... also hold CNB, HMX and RXL ...... could be a good week!

Yeah looking at taking some profits on CNB if it runs hard again purchased my first lot 7.4c ... might sell half ....buy some HMX ..

gmatt
05-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Yeah looking at taking some profits on CNB if it runs hard again purchased my first lot 7.4c ... might sell half ....buy some HMX ..

:) My thoughts exactly ..... like what's been coming out of HMX in the last few weeks and think they may be on the verge .... CNB is looking like it may run very soon (got in around 8c but bought a few since)

Skene
05-08-2020, 09:23 AM

I'm holding CNB, HMX & AMG (currently in the bottom draw). Looked at moving profit form CNB to HMX but have decided I'm equally positive about both and my share in the company has better upside sitting with CNB (EG: $10,000 in CNB gives you .5% ownership where as $10,000 in HMX is .3%).

Really excited about RXL and would love to enter now if I can figure out where to find some funds!

Chippie
05-08-2020, 11:39 AM
JBmurc, what are your current thoughts on AMG? I have a few, but unable to filter through the noise to determine if they have a real chance (speculative of course) of busting out?

I appreciate all your posts, I do keep an eye on them all.

My other gold shares are OGC and NTL.

cheers

JBmurc
05-08-2020, 04:31 PM
JBmurc, what are your current thoughts on AMG? I have a few, but unable to filter through the noise to determine if they have a real chance (speculative of course) of busting out?

I appreciate all your posts, I do keep an eye on them all.

My other gold shares are OGC and NTL.

cheers

Yeah always had asset potential but seemed let down badly by mgmt. talking the talk but not delivering ..not looking like the new guys are much better >> personal see far better plays around like GMR-WWI for a risk play