PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Co Accused Of Being Unlawful

ari
28-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Green Door http://www.greendoor-realestate.co.nz/home/index.asp and the likes...has anyone used them and what are their costs....stuff all on their site. It does not commit to much at all, just that it's hassle free...YEAH RIGHT!

Winston001
28-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Haven't dealt with them but the No Commission people work the same way I believe.

What No Commission do is charge a flat fee - about $3000 in Southland. On top of that you pay for a valuation and possibly a LIM. No Commission then advertise your property but you open the door to viewers.

If a deal is agreed, the Vendors solicitor prepares the Agreement for Sale and Purchase and the lawyers negotiate it. No Commission refuse to touch an Agreement for fear of being accused of acting as real estate agents.

No Commission is the third independant business to challenge real estate agents in Southland over the past 20 years and has been suprisingly successful so far.

Green Door are also here.

minimoke
01-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Haven’t used Greendoor but did use “Homesell” for our last sale. We sell our properties ourselves usually through newspaper advertising and flyers. But with our last property I wanted internet exposure and this is what Homesell could do which I couldn’t. Our package was something like $750 which included signs (usually I would do my own with a professional signwriter down the road), internet exposure (about 15 photos) and advertising in their “free” weekly giveaway.

If you think you can negotiate a deal (leave the legal stuff to the solicitors), host door kickers through your house (its no longer a home when it goes on the market) and handle the phone queries I for one would recommend this way ahead of real estate agents.