PDA

View Full Version : FML - A nickel string to the Bow!

tricha
11-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Stock has halved last year, while gold has doubled.

They have their plant ready to go!

1 or 2 ounces @ Coolgardie.

Trouble is I live in Kalgoolie and spend much too much time at the skimpy bars.

Anyway word has it, M K from Monarch, is on the aquisition trail with money to burn.

Also sworn to secrecy, FML onto 30 grams a ton @ ...............

Focus on gold, feed on bullsh_t, total gamble, but worth doing your own research.

Cheers not so [B)][}:)]

P.S bought in today, total gamble.

tricha
13-05-2006, 09:13 AM
They are not a total gamble, the key is they have a working mill, which means all they have to do is push the go button.

Another articule out today about the mighty dredge on the Grey river, it going to go again, 3 monthes to recommission.
A sharp rise in the price of bullion has lured the Grey River gold dredge out of retirement

So I repeat FML = Stock has halved last year, while gold has doubled. They have their plant ready to go! 1 or 2 ounces @ Coolgardie

Anyway it's all good, bought in at 6.1 cents during the week, touching 6.4 Friday.

Cheers from the reformed not so [B)][}:)]

Gold set for a grand time

JOHN PHACEAS

Some time in the near future, a remarkable milestone is likely to occur that would ordinarily command front page headlines: the price of a single ounce of gold in Australia will hit a phenomenal $1000.

But the magic $1000 mark may rate little more than a mention amid the cacophony of the parallel boom in virtually every other commodity produced by WA's rampaging mining industry.

Overnight Thursday, the international benchmark price of gold hit a 26-year high of $US727/oz, pushing the price received by locally-based producers to a staggering $928/oz.

At current exchange rates, the Australian dollar price will hit the magic $1000 mark when the international price hits $US776/oz. Given analysts' forecasts - including that of investment bank Goldman Sachs JBWere on Thursday - that gold will trade as high as $US850/oz by the end of the year, the mark may be closer than you think.

Gold has risen 40 per cent this year and 70 per cent in the past 12 months as investors diversify into metals as a hedge against surging oil prices, a weakening US dollar and global tensions, predominantly the nuclear stand-off in Iran.

Analysts say it appears unstoppable, with one noting yesterday that it took two years for gold to rise from $US400 to $US500 an ounce, nearly 18 months to go from $US500 to $US600 but less than a month to surge from $US600 to $US700.

Regardless of whether it hits the $1000 mark or not, conditions for those companies actually in production are better than they have been in years.

Six years ago, the industry was at war with the State Government over the reintroduction of a State royalty on gold for commercial miners when the local price passed $450/oz.

That is now the operating margin enjoyed by a good proportion of WA's producers. Yet not is all beer and skittles on the WA Goldfields. Drill rigs might be humming, and the flood of geologists who quit the industry to drive taxis in the late 1990s downturn have returned to the field.

But gold is no longer the hot topic of discussion that it was in the late 1980s or mid-1990s. Nor is gold the chief target of the flood of companies looking for investors to fund their exploration campaigns.

Instead, investors are more likely to punt on minerals more directly hitched to the Chinese economy such as uranium, iron ore, copper or zinc in the quest for rapid riches.

Reed Resources chief executive Chris Reed said the booming gold price was obviously good news for companies such as his, which are in, or close to, production.

Reed's small Sand Queen mine near Kalgoorlie will officially open this month and should yield around 20,000 ounces a year until the end of the decade. The ore will be toll-treated at a plant near Coolgardie.

"It's been a pretty substantial increase, the Australian dollar price was $550 when we first did our sums and it's $920 now," Mr Reed said.

But the big downturn of the late 1990s triggered a wave of consolidation that decimated the ranks of small producers and led to the removal of dozens of processing plants that formed the backbone of the mid-1980s gold boom.

Their disappearance had made it twice as

Packersoldkidney
13-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Been looking very closely at this one myself, Tricha: think that while they have a fair bit of gold (700 o's?), they will still have to transport it a fair way for processing. (100k's?)

Defo worth a look. Think they were called Austminex before, so maybe there is a thread on this already, somewhere.

Will be doing more research now that you've posted on it.

Cheers.

tricha
22-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Focusing on Gold

Just read a report, I paid for on Focus Minerals Ltd.

Makes very interesting reading.

1 - Highlights excellent ...........

2 - JV free to carry majority of exploration next ........., with little cash burn.

3 - MMI (Mobile Metal Ion) survey identified .... new discreet gold anomalies along major regional structures with a similar trend to known gold mineralized ore bodies.

4 - ....... oz reserves.

5 - Top location,......... area.

6 - The JV jointly own the fully operational and proven Three Mile Hill processing plant with a ....... capacity

I would rate it as a take over target by the JV owner at these low prices. Somethings beginning to stir, price and volume on the way up recent weeks.

Still my pick of the penny dreadfuls.

Cheers not so [B)][}:)]

Wossname
29-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Focus Minerals (ASX:FML) seems to be on the move again.

tricha
14-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Re-Focused on Focus, yes bought back in.
Why [?][?]

1 - The gold price is getting back up there and hopefully will stay there or go higher.

2 - Announcement, High grade intercepts at Coolgardie announced 31 January, with further on going drilling.

So 1 + 2 hopefully will bring some fruitition.

Cheers [B)][}:)]

P.S Still a penny dreadful and a gambling stock.

tricha
20-02-2007, 01:37 AM
With gold hitting $850 OZ, one more decent strike and these guys will be in in business [:p]

Cheers [B)][}:)]

tricha
28-03-2007, 09:20 PM
DJ Australia's Focus Minerals To Speed Nepean Nickel Mine Start
Print This Page E-Mail
03/27/2007 03:57:09 AM EDT
DowJones

CANBERRA, Mar 27, 2007 (Dow Jones Commodities News via Comtex) --Australia's Focus Minerals Ltd. (FML.AU) said Tuesday it plans to restart mining operations at its Nepean nickel project near Coolgardie hamlet in Western Australia state within the next 12 months.

"Focus anticipates completing feasibility work on the project in the September 2007 quarter, with the aim of commencing mine development early in 2008," the company said in a statement.

The project is based on an inferred resource of 409,000 metric tons of ore grading 2.38% nickel, it said in a statement.

The statement didn't specify a mining rate. The Nepean mine produced about 2,000 tons of metal a year for 17 years until it ceased operations in 1987 from ore grading 3.0% metal.

A preliminary study indicated the project could produce "a significant return" at nickel prices now ranging between A$50,000/ton and A$60,000/ton - historically high levels that reflect a tight global nickel market.

-By Ray Brindal, Dow Jones Newswires; 612-6208-0902; ray.brindal@dowjones.com

-Edited by Jarrett Banks

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

03-27-07 0356ET

tricha
20-05-2009, 07:04 PM
DragonZ - "Hi Tricha
I'm always looking out for 1st year producers and have had my eye FML for a while now. I have traded in and out of FML about 1/2 dozen times over the last 2 months with some easy scalp trades and it is one of my "bread and butter income stocks". I think since the cap raising the fundamentals have got a lot better as it removed the uncertainty over debt. Hopefully there will not be too many snags with the re-commissioning of the Three Mile Plant. The cap Raising brings a degree of certainty now and with an aggressive growth strategy (and a means to achieve these goals) makes this a very exciting future.

The share price has held up well despite added selling pressure from the Raisings. At the moment the market is "churning" which is the perfect time to buy. If this breaks the 3 cent resistance then I'll be in boots and all.

This is a good medium to long term hold and I wouldn’t be surprised if they reach 6 cents by years end. You'll probably see a share consolidation soon after.

Congratulations on your buy. "

Cheers DrazonZ, good buy, we shall see, this is my third entry into this penny dreadful, so third time lucky, the last two have been losses.

With all those shares, market cap still only 34 million.

Three Mile Hill plant should go well, Coolgardie just across the road from Kal, so should be relatively cheap to support compared to a lot of it's peers.
Its as good as gold, if it blows.

Cheers Tricha

P.S thread title, I do not seem to be able to change it.:(

zero
20-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I held some Focus briefly this year. I sold out at a small loss. I suspect it would not be differcult to find something better. They raised a lot of capital at 2 cents a share not long ago. Theoretically if they achieve forcasts they are good buying. I think the share price may stay flat for the short term but could get interesting towards the end of the year. The gold price and companies performance in proving up resource and achieving forcasts main share price drivers. Possibly a take over target based on potential and being under valued but not obviously so.

drillfix
20-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Was this Co once involved with Kate Hobbs?

Or, should I say, Kate Hobbs was involved once with ths Co?

Personally, I would or will never touch anything that this Evil CEO of Uran has had her paws on.

Did she get the shove from this Co? whats the Real story?

Whatever it is Kate Hobbs is BAD KARMA to everything and everybody she knows.

tricha
20-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Personally, I would or will never touch anything that this Evil CEO of Uran has had her paws on.

Does not ring a bell.

Directors

Mr Donald Taig BCom, FAICD, FCPA

Executive Chairman

Don Taig is a Fellow of both the Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants. He spent 11 years with CRA Ltd in various parts of its mining businesses and also with Metals Exploration Ltd. as a director. Mr. Taig has had senior management experience within the food industry as well with positions in Goodman Fielder, Bunge Industrial Limited and Chiquita Brands South Pacific. He has been Chairman of Prudential Investment Company of Australia Limited and a former director of Tolhurst Noall Group Limited, Clover Corporation Limited and Nu-Mega Ingredients P/L. He is currently a Director of Tongaat Hulett Starch (Australia) P/L.
Mr Peter Williams MAusIMM

Managing Director

Peter Williams has extensive experience in mining and processing of ore in Australia and the Pacific, including having been Resident Manager at a number of mining operations including Peak Hill gold mine for North Limited, Bullabulling gold mine for Resolute Mining Ltd, and Jubilee gold mines for New Hampton Goldfields Ltd. He has also spent several years as General Manager Operations for Mineral Deposits Ltd at its Hawks Nest mineral sands mining and treatment operations.
Mr Chris Hendricks

Non-Executive Director

Mr Hendricks is an Associate Director of Azure Capital, and has considerable experience in corporate advisory, mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets through various financing and corporate banking roles in both Australia and South Africa. Mr Hendricks is a qualified Chartered Accountant, Finsia Graduate and holds a Masters in Accountancy. Mr Hendricks has also provided assurance advisory services to a number of multinational companies.
Mr Phil Lockyer FAusIMM

Non-Executive Director

Phil Lockyer is a mining engineer and metallurgist with more than 40 years’ technical and management experience in nickel and gold operations, both open cut and underground. He has operated his own mining consultancy business since 1999.
His career includes 20 years with WMC Limited mining group in Kambalda in various roles including General Manager of Western Australian operations, plus a number of other senior positions including Business Development Manager for National Mine Management Pty Ltd, Director of Operations & Projections for Dominion Mining Ltd, and Director and General Manager of Operations for leading gold producer Resolute Ltd.
Mr Lockyer is a non-executive Director of nickel producer Jubilee Mines NL and of zinc producer Perilya Ltd, and non-executive Chairman of metallurgical and mineral testing consultancy Ammtec Limited.
He holds a number of key positions with industry bodies and professional affiliations, including Chairman of the Industry Advisory Committee for the Parker Centre for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions, Director of the Minerals and Energy Research Institute of WA (MERIWA), Deputy Member of the Mining and Engineering Subcommittee of MERIWA, and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Mr K Jon Grygorcewicz CA, B Bus

Company Secretary

Mr Grygorcewicz was admitted as an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia during 1983. He gained diverse commercial experience within the audit and corporate advisory services divisions of Arthur Young Australia. He has also gained extensive experience within the resources and engineering industries, having been associated with a number of listed companies in both the exploration and mining of gold, diamonds and oil. Mr Grygorcewicz has also worked with a number of engineering and resource service companies with operations in Australia and South East Asia, particularly listing an Australian engineering group on the Singapore Stock Exchange.

tricha
20-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Gee, some of these guys past employees were part of turkey operations.

SOG for instance went out oweing 1 billion dollars and I worked for them !
And to make it worse,

Centaur Mining and Exploration

went broke and became Cawse Nickel, closed, I worked for them as well .

Maybe she has had a sex change.

Senior Management

Mr Campbell Baird

Chief Operating Officer

Mr Baird has gained considerable management experience with companies such as WMC at Kambalda, Mt Morgans Gold Mine with Homestake, Northparkes and the Iron Ore Company of Canada with North Limited. More recently, he was General Manager - Operations for Vulcan Resources Limited and before joining Vulcan in 2005, was a senior consultant with well known mining consultants SRK Consulting for five years.
Mr Baird holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of New South Wales as well as a Masters of International Finance from Curtin University, Western Australia. In addition, he holds a First Class Mine Managers Ticket, Western Australian Underground Shift Supervisors Ticket and is also a Member of AusIMM.
Mr Darren Gibcus

General Manager (Coolgardie Gold Project)

A mining enginner with over fifteen years of wide-spread experience in gold, silver and nickel mining operations, Mr Gibcus has worked in Australia and Indonesia for both junior and senior companies, including BHP Billiton, WMC, Placer Pacific Ltd, Sons of Gwalia Pty Ltd, St. Barbara Mines Ltd and Aurora Gold Ltd. His experience has been gained at various mines including Big Bell gold mine, Granny Smith gold mine, Mt Munro silver-gold mine, Leinster Nickel Operations, Tarmoola gold mine, Carusoe Dam gold mine and Marvel Loch gold mine. Mr Gibcus holds a WA Quarry Manager's Certificate of Competency (1995) and a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) from Ballarat University, Victoria (1992).
Dr Garry Adams

Exploration Manager (Coolgardie Gold Project)

Dr Adams has worked in resource development, mine exploration, regional exploration and open pit roles for Newmont Australia, Normandy, Sons of Gwalia and Centaur Mining and Exploration. His ten years of experience includes working on a range of exploration projects in the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt and the Eastern Goldfields Province. He has also gained experience at various mines including Bronzewing gold mine, Mt Pleasant gold mine and Ora Banda gold mine. Dr Adams' experience also includes project generation, large scale drill programs, deposit modelling, grade control estimation and open pit mining. Most recently he was the Senior Resource Evaluation Geologist with Newmont Australia at the Jundee Gold Operations. He is a graduate of the University of Adelaide holding both B.Sc Hons. and PhD in geology and is a member of the Society of Economic Geologists and the Australian Institute of Geoscientists. Dr Adams has a strong structural geology background which will be an asset to the Project in further evaluating and prioritizing exploration within the Project's extensive land package.
Mr Peter Cash

Information, Communication and Technology Manager

Peter Cash has 15 years Management experience in mining and exploration, telecommunications and more recently as the General Manager of the National Grower Register. He spent several years with CRA and later Rio-Tinto in the Goldfields, Murchison and was involved in the technical analysis of the Kintyre Uranium deposit. He was responsible for the rationalisation of the historical dataset covering the Hampton Areas in the Kalgoorlie, Coolgardie and Kambalda region that set the foundation for New Hampton Goldfields Pty Ltd and progressed the successful formulation of a single National delivery system for Australia's 40 000 grain farmers. Mr Cash has extensive experience in technical infrastructure and communication within remote mining environments and brings a diverse range of skills and experience to the Focus Minerals management team.
Mr Chuck McCormick B.Sc.Adv, F.AusIMM, CPGEO

Business Development Manager

Chuck McCormick has greater than 30 years' experience in the mining industry in Australia, Canada, USA, the Middle East and Africa. Since 1979 he has lived and worked in Kalgoorlie during which time he discovered Paddington Gold Mine, and defined a number of other gold mines in the region, including Brilliant and Tindals mines near Coolgardie. He was founder and Managing Director of Electrum NL, and put together the properties on which New Hampton Goldfields was founded. He was a founding Director of Focus Minerals Ltd.

tricha
20-05-2009, 09:11 PM

Gee thanks drillfix, this could be a major turkey operation, I do not know where Kate comes into it, but gee, some of these guys, I am starting to wonder :confused:

shasta
20-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Gee thanks drillfix, this could be a major turkey operation, I do not know where Kate comes into it, but gee, some of these guys, I am starting to wonder :confused:

Off the Uran website

...Ms Hobbs was a founder and Executive Director of Focus Minerals Ltd, a gold and nickel mining company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange

Huang Chung
21-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Yur on the ball Drilly! :)

drillfix
21-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks Shasta,

Now Im not out to bag the Co or anything.

Its just that Kate Hobbs cant even stay married or maintain a Stable Relationship so no wonder she is no longer with this Co. Probably sacked like a bag of Potatoes.

It seems she jumps from ship to ship fleecing folks creating ship wrecks, as a good few of us can assure you and need no introduction.

Just hope those who trade this for whatever its worth, get in or out but dont forget to get out in one piece.

dragonz
21-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I just peeled another $500 bucks of this share this morning (for an overnight hold) so its hard for me not to like this stock. I just love these "range churning" stocks. If you have a spare $5000 just buy 2.5 and sell at 2.7 and sit back. I have a couple of these bread and butter stocks on the go and have so far got a better return overall then my swing/day trading account. I also have one set up for my son in a industry he can relate to.

The only rule I have is that I remove these trades from the market when the 10SMA moves below the 30EMA on the XAO.

Happy trading all :D

tricha
26-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I just peeled another $500 bucks of this share this morning (for an overnight hold) so its hard for me not to like this stock. I just love these "range churning" stocks. If you have a spare $5000 just buy 2.5 and sell at 2.7 and sit back. I have a couple of these bread and butter stocks on the go and have so far got a better return overall then my swing/day trading account. I also have one set up for my son in a industry he can relate to.

The only rule I have is that I remove these trades from the market when the 10SMA moves below the 30EMA on the XAO.

Happy trading all :D

WELL I took your advise Dragonz, bounced out @ 2.8 cents, also bounced out of CUE @ 15 cents yesterday.
Now bounced 85% out of the market into cash, time for a breather and a good sleep, a day in this market is a long time :eek: at the moment.

Holding BPT, ROC ( ex AZA and @ 50% loss) and SAE (70% loss)

Well DragonZ, I bounced back in at 2.6 cents, good report out today.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=451265

FML - A Golden Goosed Gambling Stock, but I can not change the title ???????????????????????

tricha
15-08-2009, 12:39 AM
This bounce has been a long time coming dragonz

Tempted to bounce out today, but all news has been good news.

What r u doing Dragonz ?

FMLFocus Minerals LTD FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gif http://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/hist2/ASX/FML/1y/line/30/0/ Line Type LineCandlestickOHLCPercent Period 1 Month2 Months3 Months6 Months1 Year2 Years5 Years10 Years
Moving Average 1 5 day10 day30 day60 day90 day120 dayNone
Moving Average 2 10 day30 day60 day90 day120 day180 dayNone

dragonz
15-08-2009, 09:17 AM
This bounce has been a long time coming dragonz

Tempted to bounce out today, but all news has been good news.

What r u doing Dragonz ?

FMLFocus Minerals LTD FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gif http://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/hist2/ASX/FML/1y/line/30/0/ Line Type LineCandlestickOHLCPercent Period 1 Month2 Months3 Months6 Months1 Year2 Years5 Years10 Years
Moving Average 1 5 day10 day30 day60 day90 day120 dayNone
Moving Average 2 10 day30 day60 day90 day120 day180 dayNone

Hi Tricha. I stopped range trading this one. Well done on picking the top of 2.8. I think it would need to break through 3 cents before you could call it a break out. Caution though, its done this about 1/2 doz time during the year and invaribly found its way back to the mid 2's soon after. Looks like a good trading stock if you can get in sinc.

tricha
18-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi Tricha. I stopped range trading this one. Well done on picking the top of 2.8. I think it would need to break through 3 cents before you could call it a break out. Caution though, its done this about 1/2 doz time during the year and invaribly found its way back to the mid 2's soon after. Looks like a good trading stock if you can get in sinc.

Well caution indeed DragonZ, what a weird stock, bounced out yesterday, broke the 3 cents barrier for a day, will wait till back to 2.6 cents for re-entry maybe.
Fundamentally getting to be,a much better looking stock, so I might has done my dash.:confused:

tricha
16-05-2010, 06:59 PM
It's back as a bonifide gold producer with it's own plant and with the gold price increasing, commissioning finished, this quarters cash costs could be very interesting.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=489318 (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=489318)

Record 27,793
ounces
produced

Focus’ Three Mill Gold Plant officially commenced operation on the
24th December 2009. The first significant gold pour occurred on the
13th January 2010. With the start up of the mill, Focus produced a
record 27,793 ounces for the Quarter. The March 2010 Quarter
was exceptionally successful for Focus and has laid the foundation
for the Company to reach forecast gold production of
80,000ounces for the 2010 calendar year

macduffy
02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Seems that ever since FML produced a profit no-one's much interested in the stock.

SP on a steady decline, indicating lacklustre profitability? Of course, the more than 2.8 billion shares on issue will inhibit interest.

tricha
03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Seems that ever since FML produced a profit no-one's much interested in the stock.

SP on a steady decline, indicating lacklustre profitability? Of course, the more than 2.8 billion shares on issue will inhibit interest.

WELL I'm interested and what a difference a day can make, would also like to change the title of the thread, I do not seem to be able to.

80% INCREASE IN GOLD RESOURCES AT
CYANIDE DEPOSIT

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 0.4 8.7%

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=493267

tricha
13-06-2010, 08:35 PM
WELL I'm interested and what a difference a day can make, would also like to change the title of the thread, I do not seem to be able to.

80% INCREASE IN GOLD RESOURCES AT
CYANIDE DEPOSIT

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 0.4 8.7%

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=FML&E=ASX&N=493267

WELL what a difference a week can make, might be time to take profit ? on this gambling stock.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/amber_round_small.gif n/c
6:59 pm

Shaneoz
14-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Or should that be a good place to buy?

Just a thought....