That will be the end of the stock picking comp as well

JoeKing
20-06-2006, 12:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mick100

Just done a search myself

It appears that Rupert has been banned and all his threads have dissapeared

BUGGER!! I was up to 5th last month.
IF imminent NEO ann. has any worth would have pushed me right to TOP!!!
adit:
Re AGS there is some good stuff on Hotcopper,
http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_thread.asp?fid=1&tid=331552#1113859 you may have to join...
Cheers JK

Mick100
25-07-2006, 02:24 PM
This is one of my share positions that I have added to in the past month - I think AGS is a bargain at the moment

CAM
25-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Anyone following this one?

Would have thought that there might have been a bit more excitement after these announcements....Uranium,copper and gold

17 July 2006
Dear Sir
FURTHER HIGH-GRADE RESULTS FROM BEVERLEY 4 MILE URANIUM
PROSPECT
Highlights
 Infill drilling has intersected further high-grade gamma responses from the
Beverley 4 Mile Uranium Prospect including:
9.5 metres grading 0.46% eU3O8
3.5 metres grading 0.47% eU3O8
1.0 metre grading 0.57% eU3O8
(eU3O8 refers to the equivalent U3O8 grade estimated from gamma logging)
 Two rotary mud drill rigs and one diamond drill rig are currently operating at Beverley
4 Mile.
 The program is designed to drill out the high-grade part of the Western Zone to
enable a JORC compliant mineral resource estimate later this year.

Details of Announcement
The Directors of Alliance Resources Limited (“Alliance”) (ASX Code: AGS) are pleased to
announce an exploration update and preliminary drilling results provided by joint venture
partner and operator Quasar Resources Pty Ltd (“Quasar”) at the Arkaroola Project in South
Australia.
Nineteen rotary mud holes (AK072 to AK090) were drilled at Beverley 4 Mile up to the 30
June 2006 (Figure 1). Eleven holes were drilled at the Western Zone (Figure 2) and eight
holes were drilled at the Eastern Zone (Figure 3).
Thirteen holes intersected anomalous gamma responses. Uranium mineralisation was
confirmed in five holes using the Prompt Fission Neutron (PFN) logging tool (Table 1). The
PFN tool was run in holes AK076, AK078, AK079, AK081 and AK089. Uranium
mineralisation has not been confirmed in the remaining holes due to the unavailability of the
logging tool.

The PFN tool was unavailable during periods of the programme limiting the confirmation of
gamma intercepts. Three holes (AK073, AK080 and AK087) encountered technical
problems and were not logged, while the results for hole AK090 were not available at time of
reporting. Only two completed holes failed to detect anomalous gamma response.
Two rotary mud drill rigs and one diamond drill rig are currently operating at Beverley 4 Mile.
The drilling program will now focus on infilling the high-grade part of the Western Zone to a
200 x 200 metre density. Further drilling, to at least 100 x 100 metre density is required to
enable a JORC compliant mineral resource estimate for the Western Zone. This work is
anticipated for take the remainder of 2006, subject to availability of suitable drilling rigs,gamma and PFN logging tools.

Wednesday
July 19, 2006
Arkaroola alliance hits copper-gold
Ben Sharples
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
FIRST there was uranium and now there are base and precious
metals, with first phase drilling at Alliance Resources' Arkaroola
joint venture in South Australia returning a series of copper-gold
hits from the M1 and M2 prospects.
Drilling at the M2 prospect returned hits of 5m at 1.10%
copper from 386m, including 2m at 2.5% copper, 12m at
0.56% copper from 74m and 6m at 0.31 gram per tonne
of gold from 80m.
In addition, Alliance said induced polarisation traverses
at the M2 prospect have defined several chargeable
bodies associated with magnetic depletion. Two diamond tails have also been
completed at the M1 prospect and core logging is in process.
Alliance has a 25% free carried interest in the Arkaroola project, with joint
venture partner and operator Quasar Resources holding the balance. Quasar is
an affiliate of Heathgate Resources, which owns and operates the Beverley
uranium mine.
The joint venture partners are also separately exploring for uranium at
Arkaroola, with recent infill drilling at the Beverley 4 prospect returning 9.5m at
0.46% uranium oxide, 3.5m at 4.7%, and 1m at 0.57%.
In a February presentation, Alliance listed the exploration objectives at Arkaroola
as defining an inferred uranium resource at Beverley 4 Mile; complete a drill
campaign at the M1 and M2 prospects; and define new uranium and copper-gold
targets for drill testing in 2007.

19 July 2006
Dear Sir
M1 & M2 COPP

Packersoldkidney
25-07-2006, 03:08 PM

Just done a search myself

It appears that Rupert has been banned and all his threads have dissapeared

The Stock Picking Comp will still be going......I'm waiting until the month turns to do an update. Rupert was good enough to send me the data for the comp so I'll start a thread on it on August 1 and take it from there.

Revhead
25-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Rupert Banned[:0] He always seemed such a nice boy!

Anyway, given the crap that goes on here from time to time, he must have been a real bad ****. Anyone know what he did to get banned?

Packersoldkidney
25-07-2006, 03:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Revhead

Rupert Banned[:0] He always seemed such a nice boy!

Anyway, given the crap that goes on here from time to time, he must have been a real bad ****. Anyone know what he did to get banned?

There should be no aspersions on Rupert's character at all as a result of his banning: he is completely blameless and certainly did nothing that could be construed as him being guilty of anything. Yet nevertheless the moderators were left with no choice in the matter, and it is likely his banning was by mutual consent.

As I write, it is likely Rupert is somewhere in the Caymans sipping a pina colada watching the talent on the beach, or perhaps doing the same thing in the Caribbean. Lucky bugger.

CAM
25-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't know why he got banned and don't really care....what annoys me is that they deleted all his threads and there was some useful information in them!

...and I am with you Mick....added them in the last month as well. Can think of worse places to put some of my speculative funds.

huds
25-07-2006, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Packersoldkidney

[quote]
There should be no aspersions on Rupert's character at all as a result of his banning: he is completely blameless and certainly did nothing that could be construed as him being guilty of anything. Yet nevertheless the moderators were left with no choice in the matter, and it is likely his banning was by mutual consent.

Thats pretty sad, did he get you to write this?

Packersoldkidney
25-07-2006, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by huds

quote:Originally posted by Packersoldkidney

[quote]

Thats pretty sad, did he get you to write this?

No, definitely not: I was made aware of the situation by another poster on here....I was in contact with Rupert to get the data for the sharetipping comp, and I've heard several sides to the story now. To be honest I don't know who Rupert is, just as I don't know most other ST posters apart from their online pseudonyms and postings, so I have no reason to defend him at all.

The previous post is my own summation of the situation: this is just an internet forum, but certain outside agencies went a long way to make a mountain out of a molehill. In the end I doubt if Rupert is crying too much over his banning anyway; it's just that by getting banned he has left a lingering doubt over his character and therefore his postings, a doubt that really shouldn't be there. It especially shouldn't cast doubt on the long term prospects for this stock, of which Rupert was a big follower. (and I mean long term!!)

Mick100
25-07-2006, 05:58 PM
AGS (and partner) are aiming to have a JORC compliant resource estimate by the end of this year. They have a lot of drilling to do as this deposit covers a large area. At the moment they are drilling it out at 200m grid spacings but they need to drill out to 100m spacings to become a JORC resource.

There's probably not much time left to get on board - 6 months maybe.

Damo79
25-07-2006, 06:57 PM
It may have come up on other uranium related threads, but I thought it worth mentioning on this one. Kiwi's may not have heard, but Kim Beazley has just come out in public support of a uranium mining industry in Australia, and as such there will almost certainly be and end to the three mines policy of the labour party in the near future. Bodes well for AGS and others.

Cheers
Damo

Edit: Ah yes. I see all the uranium gossip is on the SMM thread :)

laurie
25-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Has now effect on AGS what so ever it's an existing mine allowed under the present policy

cheers laurie

Damo79
26-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi Laurie
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. I guess it's a fine line, but Beverly 4 mile is actually 6 to 8 km from the Beverley mine, and is part of a different exploration licence (held by AGS, and thus there 25% free carry). Calling the prospect Beverley 4 mile in the first place was probably part of a long term goal of making it look like an extension of the existing mine to get around the labour 3 mine policy. It's much better now that they won't have to worry about it.
Cheers
Damo

OneUp
26-07-2006, 03:33 PM
"It's much better now that they won't have to worry about it."

Is Kim Beazely, as George W might say, "the decider" or are Labour Party members?

CAM
26-07-2006, 07:59 PM
A presentation by the company on their website if anyone is interested. Lots of pretty maps and pictures.

http://www.allianceresources.com.au/

Corporate strategy.
Become the next Aussie uranium producer with the possibility of some early gold cashflows.

2006 Plans
Define inferred mineral resource at 4 Mile uranium prospect (3 drill rigs currently operating)
Complete copper gold drilling program at M1
Define new uranium and copper gold prospects for 07

And the final slide is reasons to invest....

laurie
27-07-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm confused what is going to happen when the JORC comes out as to their 25% Free Carry Until Mining starts so I rang AGS and was told that I may not need to worry about that,make what you want out of that [?]

cheers laurie

roget
27-07-2006, 08:27 AM
I have an interesting question ... How much would Heathgate pay for total control?

small fish
27-07-2006, 10:00 AM
The way I see it they already have full control so don't need to pay too much of a premium. I would be happy to see the Jorc report come out and a fair price based on that. I can't believe heathgate havent tried to take this out already. Wonder whether a deal was done between them and AGS management at the outset. It would take a lot of work for AGS to get capital required to develop the mine so a sale must be on the cards.

Damo79
27-07-2006, 01:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by OneUp

"It's much better now that they won't have to worry about it."

Is Kim Beazely, as George W might say, "the decider" or are Labour Party members?

Good point. As far as I know, the policy will be decided at a party meeting early next year. However, there was already some talk reported in the press concerning labour support for U mining in some quarters. Now that the party leader has come out on the pro uranium side, they'd be very unlikely to vote against. Would be very bad political move since it would look like undermining their own leader.

OneUp
29-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Maybe, but rank and file left wingers seem to get very emotional at the very mention of uranium and nukes. I'm going to refrain from betting my life savings on Labour Party member rationality cf the likes of SMM.

AGS, however, would appear to have little political risk to getting 4 Mile off the ground.

OutToLunch
04-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Check out the grades just announced. WOW. What a shame I didn't buy more to start with! [8D]

OneUp
04-08-2006, 12:01 PM
AGS opening close to 50c.

What can I say except...

[:p][:p][:p]

JoeKing
04-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Looks like P0sse's year!!!!

OutToLunch
04-08-2006, 02:08 PM
I put in an order at .40 on opening and managed to get it filled on the dip while I was, um, out to lunch as it were. [:p] Roll on AGS... those reported grades are fantastic, even if they get revised downwards by half later on (after watching the CDU action from the sidelines recently, I'm coming to expect first reports like this to be overly optimistic)

p0ssy
04-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Go AGS - got into these when they were 8c and have been topping up ever since incl a few last week. These are still a great buy even if the grades are lower. Not a ramp but 60 - 80c within few months for sure.

CAM
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Well this one has certainly been good for my speculative funds. What a nice way to finish the week.

With a further 5 months of infill drilling and I assume monthly reports....it could be a continuous supply of good announcements until xmas.

laurie
04-08-2006, 06:39 PM
The question still remains what happens after the JORC is released with AGS 25% stake it appears from announcements they want to be part of mining [?]

cheers laurie

CAM
04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Thats a good question.

If they want in on the mining, the grades are good and the size of the find is decent would they have any trouble coming up with the finance with the way Uranium prices are heading?

Or they could be talking up their intention to stay in to drive a decent takeover offer for their 25% share.

I can't see the other partners wanting to leave the stuff in the ground but rather start mining asap to benefit from rising uranium prices.

This was posted by Tibbs on Hotcopper. Hope he/she dosn't mind me reproducing it here.....I don't know how accurate these figures are but not a bad place to start doing your own research from.

AGS (before todays results) has a current non-jorc resource of Uranium mineralisation @:

4ml2 @ .04% for 136,020,768
lbs of U3O8 = inground value: $8,731,062,821
($8.7bil) (AGS share 25%) = $2,182,765,705.21
*****Inground value per share: $9.54

By way of comparison:

PDN has 1.7ml2 of U mineralisation for: 52,470,004 lbs of U3O8 = inground value:$3,368,006,988
($3.3bil)
*****Inground value per share: $7.78

Then AGS has:

* Zero expenses until decision to mine
* Zero sovereign risk
* Low cost mine startup - Beverley operating next door
* Resource open both East & West
* Maldon gold project progressing
* M1 & M2 plus other great prospects

Now we have an EXTENTION of the above with MASSIVE grades.

laurie
05-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Then with Heathgates $100m expansion it will cost AGS approx $25m[25%]or AGS can demerge their U assets into a IPO to raise funds for the mining phrase or get the best possible price for their 25% with a production ROYALITY per/tonne to cover the open ended areas not covered on the final JORC

cheers laurie

OutToLunch
05-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Surely AGS would have no trouble finding bank funding for this, given the (apparently) huge deposit they're sitting on. Why dilute things with an IPO?

By the way, well done p0ssy!! What a winning streak you've had lately! You must surely have crowds gathered outside your place every dawn worshipping your greatness. [8D]:D

steve fleming
05-08-2006, 10:11 AM
AGS is looking fantastic - Question - does anyone know of other U explorers that have recovered grades greater than 1.66%??? (given that anything above 0.2% is considered high grade)

cheers

trader10
06-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Some interesting facts on AGS... interesting to notice the difference in grades encountered by Alliance comparing with BHP Olympic Dam.

The only question now is what's the quantity we've got here....interesting times ahead and more upside on announcements to come :D

http://www.australianminesatlas.gov.au/info/aimr/uranium.jsp#Uranium

URANIUM AIMR REPORT 2005

Alliance Resources/Quasar Resources reported that drilling at the Beverley 4 Mile prospect
(10 km northwest of the Beverley mine) along the western margins of the Frome Embayment intersected uranium mineralisation. Hole AK009 intersected 1.5m at 0.26% eU3O8 from 146m depth. Mineralisation is within carbonaceous sands thought to be Late Jurassic in age and equivalent to the Algebuckina Sandstone. If this interpretation is correct, it represents the first known discovery of significant uranium mineralisation within Mesozoic sediments in South Australia. It also highlights the potential for further discoveries in these sediments, which underlie extensive regions of the Frome Embayment.

===========================================

The Beverley deposit

Beverley lies on the plains about 35 kilometres from Lake Frome - a 5,000 square kilometre salt lake to the east of the northern Flinders Ranges.

The second largest uranium deposit in South Australia, it is a localised resource of about 21,000 tonnes of uranium oxide. Originally derived from older rocks in the Mount Painter region of the Flinders Ranges, it is contained in an isolated aquifer between 100 and 140 metres underground.

When Beverley was first identified, an open cut mining operation was proposed, but it is now being mined by Heathgate Resources Pty Ltd as an In Situ Leach (ISL) operation with minimal environmental impact. ISL technology is widely accepted internationally - particularly in the United States, where almost all uranium production is by the ISL process.

With ISL mining, the chemical process of extracting minerals from the host rock - which is carried out above ground in conventional mines - is carried out underground, or in situ. Where the ore exists in an underground aquifer - as is the case at Beverley - oxygen and a weak acid mining solution is pumped through the orebody to dissolve the uranium minerals. The dissolved uranium is then pumped to the surface, where it is taken out of solution and packaged for export. The technology was conceived and developed during the late 1960s and early 1970s, and although widely used overseas, it was used for the first time in Australia at Beverley.

Sandstone uranium deposits—about 4.4% of resources, mainly in the Frome Embayment field, South Australia (Beverley, Honeymoon) and the Westmoreland area, Queensland.

• Sandstone deposits are of relatively low tonnage but generally higher grades (> 0.1% U3O8) than the above types.

===============================================

http://www.wise-uranium.org/uoaus.html#BEVERLEY

BHP Olympic Dam grades

Grade and Reserves:
0.06%: 60,200 tonnes
0.05%: 540,780 tonnes
0.04%: 480,000 tonnes
0.03%: 442,000 tonnes

The hematite breccia mineralisation at Olympic Dam is characterised by a very large tonnage of low-grade uranium (~0.05% U3O8). Uranium is produced as a co-product with copper and gold.
Uranium grades average from 0.08 to 0.04% U3O8, the higher-grade mineralisation being pitchblende.

Large uranium resources within sandstone deposits also occur in Niger, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Gabon (Franceville Basin), and South Africa (Karoo Basin). Kazakstan has reported substantial reserves in sandstone deposits with average grades ranging from 0.02 to 0.07% U.

=========================================

Alliance Resources AGS findings :

04/08/2006

9.0 metres grading 1.657% pU3O8
9.5 metres grading 0.966% pU3O8
11.0 metres grading 0.804% pU3O8

17/07/2006

9.5 metres grading 0.46% eU3O8
3.5 metres grading 0.47% eU3O8
1.0 metre grading 0.57% eU3O8

0.7 metres grading 1.070% pU3O8 (core)
2.1 metres grading 0.390% pU3O8 (core)
1.3 metr

p0ssy
16-08-2006, 02:14 PM
As expected AGS has taken off - must be a good result coming out to cause this, Broke over 50c today with 500,000 taken out in one hit. 60 - 80c here we come. Been a good year!!

laurie
16-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Speeding ticket shortly [:p]or please explain LEAKS from drilling results ;)JMHO

cheers laurie

steve fleming
16-08-2006, 07:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by laurie

Speeding ticket shortly [:p]or please explain LEAKS from drilling results ;)JMHO

cheers laurie

Amazing finsih on its highs - must be a very good annoucement not too far away

laurie
17-08-2006, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by steve fleming

cheers laurie

Amazing finsih on its highs - must be a very good annoucement not too far away

Not too sure Steve if it's some sort of non-drilling announcement the way the price has shot up interesting if it breaks .60c tomorrow
[:p]

cheers laurie

OutToLunch
21-08-2006, 02:35 PM
70 cents! [:0] Go AGS! :D[8D]

laurie
21-08-2006, 03:19 PM
hmmm this is a takeover frenzy [?]

cheers laurie

Dazza
21-08-2006, 04:04 PM
oh yeah go baby go

i saw this throttle up to 45/50 cents on 13 mill turnover on the first breakout.

then languished aorund 40cents, i was hoping it would fill the gap at 35 cents

abeit it didnt
throttled to 50 cents
didnt buy... then watch it go to 55 cents...

i brought on thursday at 54cents

glad i got in

a close of high 60s today would be a good sign.

definate accumulation going on, with the free float being taken out on the first day of 13 mill volume

regards,
dazza

CAM
21-08-2006, 08:51 PM
And they got a speeding ticket today.
Keep speeding I say!!

Something must be going on in the background.
Rumours of takeovers etc etc or maybe some institutions having a dabble now after the last drill results.

small fish
21-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I topped up with a few more at 70c around 3. Looked as though it was about to kick on again but didn't finish particularly strong in the end. Hopefully a bit of excitement on opening tomorrow.

CAM
21-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Might be a bit of a lull but I wouldn't worry too much...there will be more drilling results out at some stage that should keep the interest/speculation up

JoeKing
22-08-2006, 11:08 AM
[8D]:D

laurie
22-08-2006, 02:06 PM
So why does a speeding ticket & price query changes people minds [?]nearly every time this happens price falls!

cheers laurie

CAM
22-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't think thats the case.
More like the share has run hard and people just taking profits.

Moonshine
23-08-2006, 11:59 PM
It really is sad that Rupert is no longer on this site. Even though he may not be able to read this, I will feel better in myself for posting it.

I just really need to say this right about now:

Rupert... I certainly bagged the stuffing out of you on the MTN thread on numerous occasions. Although you weren't correct in your assertions towards MTN, it was on that thread where I was first alerted to AGS.
You were VERY correct in your assertions towards AGS, and my December 05 entry price (thanks to you) is now but a tiny speed bump on the AGS chart.
AGS truly is going to be the Australian U stock to be involved in over the next year or so.

I'm sorry for your expulsion from here... but will forever appreciate your AGS shoutings.

Cheers,

Moonshine

OutToLunch
24-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Hopefully Rupert is still reading. I too owe Rupert a cold one or two; I was a happy holder in MTN @ 68c until I started reading Rupert's cautions on MTN... rather compelling arguments I thought... finally sold at 119, shifted funds to AGS @ average 40.2c (again, after reading Rupert's thread on AGS, since deleted).... and AGS really does look like the real thing. Thanks Rupert! :)

-- What a shame I hadn't picked up on AGS when they were below 4c... would have been a ten bagger already with potentially many more bags to come [:0][:0]

CAM
24-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Yes I to have Rupert to thank for raising this share to my attention. Threw a few of my spec funds at it after doing a bit of research and reading. Avr @30c. Wishing I had thrown a few more at it now!!.

So if you are still around Rupert ...thanks!! ....owe you a cold one or three as well. No doubt you are on other forums as well. Let us know where if you can...or if someone else can.

cheers

OutToLunch
24-08-2006, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by OutToLunch

70 cents! [:0] Go AGS! :D[8D]

Just broke through 80c, for a 100% gain in 3 weeks. Question is, when will it consolidate? I would have expected a consolidation in the low 60s, but nthere's no sign of that yet. Rumours of a takeover are also doing the rounds on HC.

roget
24-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Outtolunch, while you have to say that is hte last week the technical movement of AGS have been very impressive I can't believe anyone on HC would resort to rumors ..LOL! I wouldn't take much said on HC seriously. Prior to the last few days there were some very generous and knowledgeable posters on AGS on HC (UB, pirra, mcCrae, and Kalmsg etc) however all recent posts are just gamblers getting carried away. Not that there is anything wrong with that as I am getting carried away too.

OutToLunch
24-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah I agree roget, we can't take anything on HC too seriously but it's interesting to see what is being said nonetheless. IF (and I say IF) Alliance are indeed sitting on such a massive resource, they would be an extremely attractive takeover target at twice the price. One does have to wonder given the strength and persistence of the buying that's going on.

Now 83c... I've just gained 1/2 of my annual salary in 2 weeks! [:0] Of course it is only on paper, but bloody hell it feels good... :D

laurie
24-08-2006, 04:24 PM
The ATO would be smiling also :D

cheers laurie

OutToLunch
24-08-2006, 04:26 PM

The ATO would be smiling also :D

cheers laurie

They would be if I was in Australia.. but I'm not... :)

SCHUMACHER
24-08-2006, 04:51 PM
wow what a run...too risky for me to attempt to buy in at these levels....very bullish indeed....i will have to wait for a retracement before considering an entry.....cheers and good luck to all that hold....massive gains inside 3 weeks.....cheers Watson

OutToLunch
24-08-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm sure a retracement is about to come, especially after such a stunning rise like this. I wouldn't buy any at the moment either, it's running too hot. Tomorrow I'm going to go out of range (no internet, no phone) until Sep 2... it's going to be hard not to wonder about what might be happening while I'm away!

Edit: I'll venture a guess on what AGS might be at when I get back home in Sep... I'll go for 72c (being conservative and expecting a big retracement before the next move upwards towards fair value). Pleasant surprises will be welcomed of course. :)

small fish
24-08-2006, 05:59 PM
In my few years following the odd mineral stock ive never seen buying quite like it so for me there is someone building a significant stake. We would have seen some serious retracement by now and it wouldn't take much for a large buyer to instigate one if they wanted. Touch wood it doesnt happen cause a lot of buyers would rush the exits pretty quick i would think.

msgoldenhair
24-08-2006, 10:47 PM
my thanks go to sunshine007 who posted back on 25 July 2005...i have a small holding that i bought at under 9 cents and now are CGT free...yippee

laurie
24-08-2006, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by msgoldenhair

my thanks go to sunshine007 who posted back on 25 July 2005...i have a small holding that i bought at under 9 cents and now are CGT free...yippee

Errrr how do you work that out [?] you mean you are 50% CGT free not 100%

cheers laurie

Sunshine007
25-08-2006, 09:35 AM
You're welcome msgoldenhair.

CAM
25-08-2006, 10:35 AM
May well see a retracement once an announcement is made....buy the rumour sell the fact situation....then again if the announcement is really really good......

CAM
31-08-2006, 06:02 PM
These guys will get another speeding ticket if they carry on like this....not that I am complaining mind you. I nearly sold some yesterday to lock in some profits. Think I will sit on my hands a bit longer.

JoeKing
31-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi CAM
Strange there is not more traffic on this thread???
'Twas the same when HZN took off and I was busy here talking to myself, all the way from 12c to 48.
Been sitting on ags since 19c. Yes, very tempted to take some profit yesterday too... glad I got sidetracked and forgot :-))
Looks like a smooth ride ahead too with JORC, Maldon, and Arkaroola test results just around the corner.
Looks like Santa's job will be easier this year...
Cheers
JK

roget
31-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Joe, Technically very strong and bullish. Fundamentally the prelim results and the statements by diretors also very encouraging! I hold and have since the high 30s. Did a bit of reseach on this prior to buying and Patterson's were very bullish so much so that I discounted what they said but the grades released and location of the mine given the market cap make this one that may go a lot further.

msgoldenhair
31-08-2006, 10:24 PM
oops Laurie...good pickup and yes i did mean reduced CGT...at least my spreadsheet is right!

and hasnt AGS had a stellar rise this week!

p0ssy
31-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I first heard about AGS on this site in July last year and aquired nearly 1/4mil starting at 8c.

I too am surprised at the lack of traffic about this Co but must say am very pleased about the rise today - my 2nd ten bagger of the year. Bought a new car yesterday on the proceeds!

Good luck to all who hold and many thanks to those who brought it to my attention.

JoeKing
01-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Congratulations to all, it sure is a thrill to be amongst WINNERS>
P0ssy, what a ripper of a year for you... and its not over yet. Suppose you will soon need to get your ears lifted to accomodate an even BIGGER smile :-)))
Cheers All
JK

laurie
01-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Will we see the magicial $1 today :D

cheers laurie

Crusader
02-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Right....

Trying pulling another number out of the air.

p0ssy
02-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi JoeKing - yes my ears fell off this week I was smiling so much.

Some of my 0.1c AUMOA's that turned into $3 with CDU were converted to AGS at 29c and are now $9. Can't believe my luck ths year.

bullebak
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
p0ssy, don't forget to set some aside for taxation!

Congratulations.

JoeKing
06-09-2006, 01:57 PM
bullebak
Not sure if IRD will accept shares for tax, they prefer $$$ or blood.
I actually traded a van for 5000 NZO shares a couple of years ago when they were 86c...not much more now :-(

bullebak
06-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi JoeKing,

Did not know you can trade vans on the stock exchange... (just kidding!) :-)

OutToLunch
07-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Faaaaaark. Hold on tight guys, this thing is for real!!!

>>ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
Manager Announcements
Company Announcements Office
Australian Stock Exchange Limited
4th Floor, 20 Bridge Street
Sydney NSW 2000
By E-Lodgement No. of pages: 5
7 September 2006
Dear Sir
FURTHER OUTSTANDING BEVERLEY 4 MILE URANIUM INTERSECTIONS
Highlights
#56256;#56451; Outstanding high grade uranium intersections continue from the Beverley 4 Mile Uranium Prospect including:
3.0 metres grading 2.11% pU3O8
9.0 metres grading 0.62% pU3O8
6.5 metres grading 0.82% pU3O8
9.0 metres grading 0.53% pU3O8
5.0 metres grading 0.86% pU3O8
3.0 metres grading 1.35% pU3O8
(pU3O8 refers to the U3O8 grade as determined from PFN logging)
#56256;#56451; The program is designed to drill out the high-grade part of the Western Zone to enable a JORC compliant mineral resource estimate later this year.
#56256;#56451; Diamond drilling at the M1 copper-gold prospect returned the best result to date of
10m @ 0.32% Cu (QM1003, from 264m).
Details of Announcement
The Directors of Alliance Resources Limited (“Alliance”) (ASX Code: AGS) are pleased to announce an exploration update and preliminary drilling results provided by joint venture partner and operator Quasar Resources Pty Ltd (“Quasar”) at the Beverley 4 Mile Uranium Prospect (“4 Mile”), and M1 copper-gold Prospect in South Australia.
Uranium
Exploration during August continued to focus on Beverley 4 Mile Uranium Prospect with the completion of 58 rotary mud drill holes (AK049A, AK105 to AK161) for a total of 11,000m (Figure 1). The drill results in Table 1 show the PFN results available at the time of reporting. It is emphasised that the results may be subject to revision once the geophysical logs are made available to Alliance.
Suite 3, 51-55 City Road
Southbank, VIC, 3006
P +61 3 9697 9090 F +61 3 9697 9091
info@allianceresources.com.au
www.allianceresources.com.au
ABN 38 063 293 336
ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
Drilling targeted the western area of 4 Mile, with the aim of defining the extent of the high-grade mineralized zone at ~100m drill centres. The area now defined at this drill density is ~0.6Km2 and remains to be closed off.
The results of the recent drilling have significantly added to the continuity of mineralization in the western zone at 4 Mile. The geological model continues to be developed, with the current interpretation supporting a roll-front style mineralized system. The majority of holes have been logged with the PFN tool and in almost all cases the disequilibrium factor is positive, typically 1.5-2.5 in favour of uranium. However, chemical analysis of diamond drill core is required to confirm the PFN grades.
Drilling is continuing at 4 Mile and is expected to be completed within 2 weeks. Following completion of this programme, the validated data will be used to calculate a JORC compliant mineral resource estimate.
Table 1: Significant uranium results from Beverley 4 Mile Prospect
Drill_Hole
GDA94_E
GDA94_N
TD
From_PFN
To_PFN
Thickness_PFN
pU3O8(%)
GT-PFN
AK104
AK105
AK106
AK106
AK107
AK108
AK109
AK109
AK110
AK111
AK111
AK112
No significant results
AK113
AK113
AK114
No significant results
AK115
AK116

trader10
07-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Another awesome ann....now the media will take notice of this one [8D]

FURTHER OUTSTANDING BEVERLEY 4 MILE URANIUM INTERSECTIONS

Highlights
#56256;#56451; Outstanding high grade uranium intersections continue from the Beverley 4 Mile Uranium Prospect including:
3.0 metres grading 2.11% pU3O8
9.0 metres grading 0.62% pU3O8
6.5 metres grading 0.82% pU3O8
9.0 metres grading 0.53% pU3O8
5.0 metres grading 0.86% pU3O8
3.0 metres grading 1.35% pU3O8

(pU3O8 refers to the U3O8 grade as determined from PFN logging)

#56256;#56451; The program is designed to drill out the high-grade part of the Western Zone to enable a JORC compliant mineral resource estimate later this year.

#56256;#56451; Diamond drilling at the M1 copper-gold prospect returned the best result to date of
10m @ 0.32% Cu (QM1003, from 264m).

Mick100
07-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Those are the best grades I'v ever seen from a uranium explorer - and very consistant too - nearly every hole drilled is over 0.1% U
There's plenty of upside left in this share.

JoeKing
07-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Mick
Are you in?
AGS is where alot of my NZO proceeds went. Been accumulating since sub 20c.
This sure is more exciting AND rewarding than waiting for a coal mine IPO.:-))
Cheers
JK

Mick100
07-09-2006, 01:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by JoeKing

Mick
Are you in?
AGS is where alot of my NZO proceeds went. Been accumulating since sub 20c.
This sure is more exciting AND rewarding than waiting for a coal mine IPO.:-))
Cheers
JK

Yeah JK

I'v been in since late last yr - bought some more at 25c a couple of months ago - ave buy price 19.5c

I'll be the first to admit it - there's some luck involved with these speccy miners/oilers. As far as NZO is concerned I'm happy to hold for another 12 months and see what happens - it's certainly not my favourite oiler.

OutToLunch
07-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Must admit I too shifted some funds out of NZO and into AGS (out of NZO at 0.98, into AGS at 0.425) about 4 weeks ago. Never thought it would take off like it has though, and there seems to be a lot of mileage left yet going by those grades. Go AGS! [8D]

trader10
08-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Alliance resource edging closer

Michael Vaughan
Thursday, 7 September 2006

ALLIANCE Resources expects to have the highly anticipated resource estimate for its
Beverley 4 Mile uranium prospect in South Australia ready in the December quarter, with
completion of resource drilling about a fortnight away.
The company was trading at 29c at the start of August and hit 94c by the end
of the month with only one set of drilling results released to the market early
in the month.

Further high-grade results were released this morning including 3m grading
2.11% uranium oxide, 9m at 0.62% and 6.5m at 0.82%.
Alliance finance manager Ian Pamensky told MiningNews.net today that once drilling is finished, the
company will validate the data then calculate and release a JORC-compliant estimate before the end
of the year.

The Beverley 4 Mile prospect lies about 10km from the Beverley uranium mine. Operator of the mine,
Heathgate Resources, is Alliance's joint venture partner at the Arkaroola project, which contains the
Beverley 4 Mile. Alliance has a 25% free-carried interest in Arkaroola to a decision to mine.

Meanwhile, at Arkaroola's M1 copper-gold prospect, results from one of two diamond holes drilled
mid-year have been returned.

The hole hit sulphide mineralisation associated with a hematite-magnetite breccia complex. The best
result from the hole is 10m at 0.32% copper from 264m, Alliance said.
The company is awaiting results of the second hole.
Shares in Alliance moved down in early trade but reversed the trend after the announcement. The
stock was up 8c (10.6%) at 89c by mid-morning.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8699/agsik4.png

trader10
08-09-2006, 03:37 AM
THE THREE MINES POLICY

Now, with such outstanding grades coming from BEVERLEY 4 MILE, resource drilling about a fortnight away, JORC in 2 months and production approaching.....no wonder why the Big Boys are watching it closely....

Another plus for Alliance is the Arkaroola Project is located north of Adelaide ( Beverly ), physically and politically giving the rights to be mined ( THE THREE MINES POLICY ).
How many Uranium explorers in Australia can do this ???? Think about it.....

The three mines policy restricted uranium mining

In 1984 the federal Labor government introduced their three mines policy. It confined Australia's uranium production to the three sites already being mined: Ranger, Nabarlek and Olympic Dam. At the time, the mining industry felt that this unnecessarily restricted uranium mining.

Present government policy is to allow uranium to be mined and exported

The three mines policy was abandoned when the Coalition government was elected in March 1996. The Coalition's policy is to develop the export potential of Australia's uranium industry by allowing mining and export of uranium under strict international agreements designed to prevent nuclear proliferation.

Today the Ranger mine in the Northern Territory and the Olympic Dam mine in South Australia continue to operate, but the Nabarlek mine has closed. There is now a third uranium mine operating (Beverley), with approval given for a fourth mine (Honeymoon). Both of these mines are in South Australia.

http://www.uic.com.au/graphics/Austmap.gif
http://www.uic.com.au/graphics/BevProd.gif

trader10
08-09-2006, 04:53 AM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9774/agsot4.png
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9834/ags1gg5.png
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/8474/ags2lw1.png

trader10
08-09-2006, 05:05 AM
Chinese join hunt for uranium
Barry FitzGerald
September 5, 2006

CHINA'S well-flagged interest in buying Australian uranium from existing mines has been extended to its direct participation in potential new discoveries thrown up by the gathering uranium exploration boom.

The $6 million float of Adelaide's UraniumSA, launched yesterday, has Chinese investors on its list of seed capital investors. And on its board is Xu Gang, the Australian representative of China's monopoly uranium buyer, Chinese National Nuclear Corp.

UraniumSA's managing director, Russel Bluck, said having Mr Xu on the board represented CNNC's first active interest in uranium exploration in Australia. But he said CNNC was not a "direct" holder in the company.

Mr Xu is a non-executive director, as is Alice McCleary, deputy chancellor of the University of South Australia and a member of the Takeovers Panel.

The company chairman is Tom Phillips, former chief executive of Mitsubishi Motors Australia and a director of Australia Post.

As its name suggests, UraniumSA's focus is on the uranium potential of South Australia, home to three of Australia's four uranium mines/advanced projects - Olympic Dam, Beverley and Honeymoon.

The group has secured more than 7500 square kilometres of prospective exploration ground in what it called the Gawler Craton uranium province. Much of the package has been contributed by listed groups Stellar Resources and Marathon Resources.

Stellar shareholders are to get a preferential offer for 14.73 million UraniumSA shares at the issue price of 20c each and Marathon shareholders 6.26 million shares.

That would leave about 9 million shares available to the public. The sponsoring broker is Melbourne's Lands Kirwan Tong.

UraniumSA's main exploration properties are in the Kingoonya palaeo-drainage system.

Other explorers that have taken up ground in the area are Toro and Heathgate, operator of the Beverley mine in South Australia's Curnamona Craton.

The area is considered prospective for sediment-hosted uranium deposits amenable to in-situ leach extraction, such as that used at Beverley.

UraniumSA will also be examining the potential of the eastern region of Eyre Peninsula.

Different styles of uranium deposits are the target.

UraniumSA says the region could become a uranium exploration hot spot.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/chinese-join-hunt-for-uranium/2006/09/04/1157222069064.html

trader10
08-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Australia to sell China uranium
By Barbara Adam

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia expects to supply one-third of China's uranium imports by 2020, generating an estimated A$250 million, or about US$190 million, yearly at current prices, and could begin sales as soon as 2007.
Nuclear-safeguard treaties signed by Australia and China in April are expected to be ratified by both nations by the end ...

http://online.wsj.com/google_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com% 2Farticle%2FSB115742239590153476.html%3Fmod%3Dgoog lenews_wsj

trader10
08-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Research report on uranium firms published

Equity research company Resource Capital Research, which focuses on small resource companies, yesterday launched a major quarterly research report covering 20 global uranium exploration and development companies with a focus on Australia, Canada and the US.

Over 120 junior and mid cap explorers and development companies are identified with a total market capital exceeding $4,2 billion.

The report reviews companies active in established uranium districts globally, including the Gawler Craton (Olympic Dam Uranium Mine) and the Frome Embayement (Beverley and Honeymoon) in South Australia, Arnheim (Ranger, Jabiluka) to Westmoreland in northern Australia, the Athabasca Basin in Canada (McClean Lake, McArthur River), the Great Divide Basin in Wyoming, US and the Damara Orogen, Namibia (Rossing, Langer Heinrich).

http://www.miningweekly.co.za/min/utilities/search/?show=73280

JoeKing
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks T10
Some interesting stuff. So how come a dip in SP? I fully expected a kneejerk 10%+ jump... maybe Monday.
Cheers
JK
Copied from HC....
Uranium price could reach $70 (U.S.): CIBC World Markets

Canadian Press

Toronto — Demand for uranium fuelled by Asia's energy needs and a nuclear power plant construction boom will likely push the radioactive ore's price up to $70 (U.S.) per pound by the end of 2007, according to a report by CIBC World Markets.

The bank's monthly indicators report said uranium prices have increased seven-fold in the last five years and demand threatens to consume global supply.

“Just like we have seen with oil, the appetite for uranium to feed the rapidly growing energy needs of the burgeoning Chinese and Indian economies is straining supply and driving prices up,” chief strategist Jeff Rubin said in a statement.

The report said surging electricity demand, rising fossil fuel prices and concerns over greenhouse gases have brought about a resurgence in nuclear energy and 80 new reactors are under construction or approved worldwide, more than half in Asia.

Related to this article:

The spot price for the nuclear reactor fuel uranium oxide hit a record $52 per pound this month and uranium prices have increased at a far faster pace than the price of oil.

But, the report noted, “while at absolute record highs, the real cost of uranium remains below the prices set during the two main nuclear post-war booms of the 1950s and 1970s.”

Asia will likely surpass the U.S. in installed capacity and uranium consumption in the next five to 10 year, the report said, and new demand will outstrip supply within the next decade if new sources are not developed.

“Mine production supplies only 62 per cent of the uranium used today,” said Mr. Rubin.

“The rest comes from a variety of other sources such as natural and enriched uranium inventories and the reprocessing of spent reactor fuels — and supplies from these secondary sources are steadily declining. Increased demand from Asia will continue to put pressure on prices and the need for more rapid mine development.”

JoeKing
11-09-2006, 10:11 PM
so... 1/18 @67c
HALLOOO! ANY ONE HOME????
I will be taking full entitlement,just need to raise some capital... anyone need a nice persian cat? loves children, no furr balls! chased a mouse once, how about a cockatiel that knows 34 verses of eskimo Nell? or a slightly used GAURANTEED to catch whitebait net?...

danchop
12-09-2006, 07:54 AM

so... 1/18 @67c
HALLOOO! ANY ONE HOME????
I will be taking full entitlement,just need to raise some capital... anyone need a nice persian cat? loves children, no furr balls! chased a mouse once, how about a cockatiel that knows 34 verses of eskimo Nell? or a slightly used GAURANTEED to catch whitebait net?...

joeking ill give ya 2500000 neooa shares for that whitebait net as mine doesnt seem to be catching much so far

JoeKing
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Dan you drive a hard bargain. Include 3 NZO shares and I'll throw in the handle.
Neighbor pulled 3 kg bait outta Kaituna last week.
I watched one guy at lower boat ramp catch 1 kg in 10 minutes last fri. while we launched the boat. we loaded up on 2-4kg snapper off pukehina. Thinking of going for a 'bait dip later in week.
For now gotta find some cash for AGS share issue.
Cheers
JK

JoeKing
12-09-2006, 11:32 AM
AGS reply to my query re. record date for new issue, it looks like shares purchased today will qualify... might pump SP a little short term.?
I must say I am VERY inpressed with instant response...
good luck all holders.
JK

"The Company has not yet completed the Prospectus. This should be in the next few days and we will then announce a Timetable. The plan is to keep it as quick as possible."

moimoi
12-09-2006, 01:19 PM
does someone want to explain why this is a good thing????

from where i sit i see a share price collapse from .89 - .65 within three days..

moi.

moimoi
12-09-2006, 02:54 PM
am i being really dumb???

if one wants to " participate in the companys future"...why wouldn't one buy shares on market currently at .64 instead of subscribing @ .67....??

moi.

leonchai
12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
That's my feeling too. Surely with an impending issue at 67cents, that would be the lower limit for the sp in the near future, and the company would do all it can to keep the sp above this level. However the next technical support level is at 50cents...

I am long on uranium, and quite keen to top up...but would there be a better buying opportunity in the near future?

moimoi
12-09-2006, 10:16 PM
its looked quite weak since it topped out at .95 about 9 days ago. Although the OBV seems to be still positive...i ain't much of a chartist tho so i dunno.......

I have watched some of the trades going thru and they seem mostly to be very small holders (2k - 15k)..the only day recently that there was any decent volume the sp rose on the announcement of further drilling results.
((rights issue three days after a positive drilling announcement i notice...((hmmm fishy))).

I wouldn't be surprised to see it trade under .60 tomorrow...which if it does i suspect one wouldn't bother with rights at .67. (unless as per my earlier question i am being clueless).

moi.

JoeKing
13-09-2006, 06:23 PM
My guess is there will be a lot of panicky people who had stop losses triggered and sold out too soon crying in there beer down the track.
This IS! the real deal! There will be a lot of wealthy holders in a couple of years from this stock IMO.
FYI http://www.minebox.com/story.asp?articleId=8249

danchop
13-09-2006, 06:28 PM

My guess is there will be a lot of panicky people who had stop losses triggered and sold out too soon crying in there beer down the track.
This IS! the real deal! There will be a lot of wealthy holders in a couple of years from this stock IMO.
FYI http://www.minebox.com/story.asp?articleId=8249

yes jk yesterday seemed a good day to get them with all the panic in commodities,i nearly hit the buy button at 63c to swap them for your net,btw i might have to go that way where u are cause in katikati ive got stuff all bait so far

JoeKing
13-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Dan
Got friends at Tanners Point that do well 'baiting.
Will call them and send you email if any good news.
Meantime humourous to see yesterdays AGS panic sellers clambouring to get back in..
This will be one of the stocks of the century imo.
Will be able to tell grandkids... I saw the first sputnick, and bought AGS shares under 20c. and I aint letting any of them go...
Cheers
JK
PS. how are the flounder up your way?

danchop
13-09-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks jk,as you know whitebaiters are the opposite to company directors who preach the good news and clam up with the bad news,and im only new to the area so i dont know the ins and outs of floundering here

JoeKing
14-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Dan
Pity you didn't hit that buy button yesterday at 63.
Todays open at 76. :-((
What a glorious day... might head for a river bank.
Cheers
JK

moimoi
14-09-2006, 12:28 PM
china buys stake in outback uranium.....

www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20408599-601,00.html

JoeKing
22-09-2006, 01:45 PM
HEADS UP!
We have LIFT-OFF!
Heres the reason... http://www.allianceresources.com.au/documents/060921-%20Lonsec%20-%20AGS_060909%20Low_Res.pdf

laurie
22-09-2006, 05:31 PM
arh the uranium must have found it's way back into the ground! it went missing there for a week or so [:0]

cheers laurie

bullebak
22-09-2006, 06:27 PM
All I want to know is when they get to $10.00 .....

JoeKing
22-09-2006, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by bullebak

All I want to know is when they get to $10.00 .....

bullebak
I will let you have a few now for $10 if you like.
Cheers and good luck holders.
JK
PS Saw this coming and stocked up yesterday @ 68c... BIG SMILE!!!!!

bullebak
22-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh wow... only 10 bucks now... sure I can only have a few?

Recently I opened a seperate trading account for my wife which holds her money.

It's my job to see that her portfolio gets doubled within 12 months, or else I will get whipped...

JoeKing
22-09-2006, 07:35 PM

It's my job to see that her portfolio gets doubled within 12 months, or else I will get whipped...

AHA! A clever man... win either way :D:D
Cheers

trader10
23-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Looking absolutely great IMHO.....World Class Orebody.... [8D]

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6922/agsca0.png

trader10
23-09-2006, 03:36 PM
This is a World Class Orebody and have the potential to be the next PDN IMHO.....at least half of it with only 25%....a beautie....:)))))

...."A total “in-ground potential” of approximately
116Mlbs of U3O8 ranks the Beverley 4 Mile deposit as possibly the fourth largest
uranium resource base amongst the Australian listed uranium miners and “hopefuls”
behind BHPB’s Olympic Dam, ERA’s Ranger deposits and Paladin’s African and
Australian deposits.".....

In April 2006 Australia and China
completed a Nuclear Transfer Agreement and a Nuclear Co-operation Agreement as
China seeks to secure long-term sources of energy to fuel its economic growth. It is
the second largest energy consumer behind the USA and is reducing its reliance on
fossil fuels. China currently meets its own uranium needs but will need to start
importing uranium in the next few years if it is to meet its expanding nuclear energy
requirements.

Australia is a logical partner by having about 30% of the world's
medium cost uranium reserves. The Australian federal parliamentary Joint Treaties
Committee convenes in early September 2006 to commence the final stages of the
formal process to bring the treaties into force. A report is due by the end of the year.

Beverley 4 Mile in an Australian Context
Lonsec’s estimates of the resource potential of the Beverley 4
Mile prospect place it third in an Australian context of
contained U3O8 behind Olympic Dam (SA) and the
Ranger/Jabiluka complex in the Northern Territory.

The current Beverley operation ranks seventh at approximately
30% of the estimate for the Beverley 4 Mile prospect <8km
away.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1489/agszk0.png

trader10
23-09-2006, 03:37 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8238/ags8je2.png
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6605/agscs3.png

pimpit
25-09-2006, 01:05 PM
up and up today...:D

aussie joe
02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
breakout alert....

running and running strong.

:D:D:D

laurie
03-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Yep results must be around the corner or.......!!

cheers laurie

huds
05-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Breakout the Champagne, she’s hit a dollar!

Sunshine007
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
It seems to me a short term top has been reached today. We could see more profit taking in the next few days? May be able to top up more at lower prices. Would be nice at under 85c.

JoeKing
05-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry Sunshine...:):D[8D]
I think 85c is gone forever! In hind sight there will be many who wanted to save a cent or two when buying, will be lamenting for a long time.
Congratulations all holders, there's a lot more good stuff ahead!!!...
JK

laurie
05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
This train is travelling to fast to get off,if you do, then good luck trying to get back on![:p]:D

cheers laurie

JoeKing
06-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Yes Laurie, there have been some great trading opportunities past few weeks but it would take a VERY brave punter to risk missing the train now it is gathering momentum... toot! toot!
Cheers and good luck holders, looks like Santa might need a bigger sleigh and extra reindeer this Xmas ;))
JK

Paddie
12-10-2006, 05:16 PM

Sorry Sunshine...:):D[8D]
I think 85c is gone forever! In hind sight there will be many who wanted to save a cent or two when buying, will be lamenting for a long time.
JK

Maybe not JK,

But a good buying opportunity at current price.

Paddie[:p][:p][:p]

JoeKing
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
May have bottomed out 87 Paddie.
I think anyone who is dillying about getting on this train better make some quick decisions.
It can be tempting to try a quick trade during these fluctuations but I have enough and not game to risk getting left behind. Will be happy just to sit tight from here.
For anyone looking for a cheap train ticket I would suggest a looksie at AGM. I was really surprised I had not noticed before and bought a big ticket today...

Paddie
12-10-2006, 08:13 PM

May have bottomed out 87 Paddie.
I think anyone who is dillying about getting on this train better make some quick decisions.
It can be tempting to try a quick trade during these fluctuations but I have enough and not game to risk getting left behind. Will be happy just to sit tight from here.
For anyone looking for a cheap train ticket I would suggest a looksie at AGM. I was really surprised I had not noticed before and bought a big ticket today...

Not meant to be a criticism JK, enjoy your posts.

But realise an opportunity.

Paddie

Dazza
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
joey, last time i topped up, i topped up miserably ><

saw it rise to $1

fell back down to 80cents, i though oh yeah , that will be good
buy it......
then next week . timber.......down to 60 cents

bugger me

im looking to buy more though :D

JoeKing
13-10-2006, 12:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Paddie
Not meant to be a criticism JK, enjoy your posts.
But realise an opportunity.
Paddie

No criticism taken Paddie.. pre-open looks like sp may have straightened out and be lining up for the $1 punch through. Man is this going to go crazy on JORC release.
AGS must still be a gift with all the upside ahead compared to say MOX.
Cheers
JK

laurie
13-10-2006, 02:44 PM
And Gold/Copper still not being reflected on the sp just the U word!!

cheers laurie

JoeKing
25-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Heads up!
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20061025/pdf/3z5kp0jmr8f2g.pdf
Nows here's a totally unexpected angle :-) ;)
Cheers all AGS holders
JK

laurie
25-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Never saw that holding in any Annual Report!!

cheers laurie

JoeKing
25-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Lotsa stuff missing in annual reports Laurie.
Apparantly deal was done 2002 or thereabouts. I am researching just to satisfy curiosity, but it sure adds another dimension to AGS already exciting assets...just keeps getting better.AND ironically right next door to my third biggest held stock atm AGM.
Seems if Heathgate decided to start extraction, B4M could actually be producing U within a year... up to 10 years ahead of other U spec. juniors. JORC b4 Xmas will explode any doubts, and theres still Maldon and M1-M2... hang on!
Cheers
JK

laurie
26-10-2006, 06:32 PM
JK depends on why AGS got into INL in the first place maybe they thought the process may be used on their ground? anyway after my entitlement got held up I must say I'm VERY impressed with management I wish they were running AEX

cheers laurie

JoeKing
26-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Laurie do you subscribe to Hotcopper? It is a forum that generally has a lot of rampers and annoying know all or know nothing posters. However the AGS thread has some really good well informed posters that contribute a lot of good real time info. I will copy some over if you like. Now that the $1 barrier appears to be broken I guess the next challenge will be $1.50 which should be easily passed once JORC is released... then its all blue sky.
Cheers and good luck
JK

p0ssy
27-10-2006, 12:16 AM
"... then its all blue sky. " Hi JK - from where I am standing the blue sky has well and truly arrived.

laurie
27-10-2006, 12:56 AM

Laurie do you subscribe to Hotcopper? It is a forum that generally has a lot of rampers and annoying know all or know nothing posters. However the AGS thread has some really good well informed posters that contribute a lot of good real time info. I will copy some over if you like. Now that the $1 barrier appears to be broken I guess the next challenge will be $1.50 which should be easily passed once JORC is released... then its all blue sky.
Cheers and good luck
JK

yeh know about HC JK but prefer here at least we treat each other here with respect and less rampers

cheers laurie

JoeKing
27-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Good morning Laurie/Chris.
Blue skies, shining on me......Yep literally, it is 7.am, I am waiting on my fishing crew for the day to go rape and pillage ....
Chris you have had a fantastic year with CDU and AGS congratulations! If you guys ever get over this side of the ditch give me a call. We have a big house which we share with a couple of critters close to Rotorua...
gotta go...
Cheers JK

trader10
29-10-2006, 08:53 PM
LMFAO.......:D r u 4 real ?

AGM and JORC time approaching.....more surprises on the way...

good luck holders ;)

laurie
29-10-2006, 11:36 PM
trader10

Do you think the JORC will be announced at the AGM!!

cheers laurie

p0ssy
30-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi JoeKing - thank you for your invite - NZ is the most beautiful place - will look you up next time I travel there.

laurie
30-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok lets put this entitlement behind us and move forward has not made a dent in sp dilution [243,349,350] IMHO there could be another once mining starts [:p][:p]
cheers laurie

Harry7
01-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Just announced Steve Johnston as CEO, from current position of GM. This, and a few recent posts on the AGS website, suggest a more professional approach from AGS leading up to their AGM on the 23rd Nov.

Harry7
02-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi All,

Am receiving a few news 'alert' emails for the Beverley Ur mine regarding the possible use of geothermal energy to power the plant, in fact, a memorandum of understanding has been signed bewteen Heathgate and the energy supplier Petratherm. The article suggests a planned increase in energy consumption at Beverley from 3MW to 4MW, to accomodate 'the plant's growing energy needs'

This I assume would be on the basis of the plant capacity increasing and maybe forward planning for mining the 4 Mile Ur/AGS prospect?

OutToLunch
02-11-2006, 12:39 PM
That's the speculation -- see HC and Sharescene for more discussion here. Remember there's drilling going on at the mo to check out the groundwater situation too, probably with in-situ leaching in mind.

Harry7
03-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow!, AGS is moving, $1.09. Why the jump up from $1.02?

moimoi
03-11-2006, 12:29 PM
**quietly humming to oneself** ""oh throw another log on the fire""

:-)

OutToLunch
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
My apologies -- my comment above was meant for the ADY thread, not this one. I've edited it out. Looks like I'm slowly degenerating into a blithering wreck well before my time. [:I]

Back to AGS -- remember we're expecting their JORC estimate within 8 weeks now.... more good times ahead for sure. It looks like some serious accumulatiomn is going on ahead of this.

laurie
03-11-2006, 01:49 PM

My apologies -- my comment above was meant for the ADY thread, not this one. I've edited it out. Looks like I'm slowly degenerating into a blithering wreck well before my time. [:I]

Back to AGS -- remember we're expecting their JORC estimate within 8 weeks now.... more good times ahead for sure. It looks like some serious accumulatiomn is going on ahead of this.

yes correct in your statement JORC [u]estimate</u> how in the hell then do you get a total estimate for a T/O !!

cheers laurie

laurie
03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Speeding ticket issued :D

cheers laurie

JoeKing
03-11-2006, 07:41 PM
And responded to almost immediately.... it was expected and anticipated...:D:D:D SO the BIG ann. must be imminent!
Cheers all holders, and hold on!
JK

laurie
04-11-2006, 01:35 AM

And responded to almost immediately.... it was expected and anticipated...:D:D:D SO the BIG ann. must be imminent!
Cheers all holders, and hold on!
JK

The question is before or after the AGM!! :D

cheers laurie

JoeKing
04-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Laurie I don't think it really matters when. It looks to me like confident shareholders have just accepted the future will be good and are acting accordingly. Maybe friday produced a bit of a scramble when some doubters realised the bus has already left, and are trying to grab a hold before it dissapears out of site.
Cheers enjoy a lovely weekend all
JK

steve fleming
05-11-2006, 03:54 PM
as per OMC thread - link to Patersons October 2006 Uranium sector review, with analysis on AGS (amongst others)

Patersons rank AGS (and OMC & PDN) as their preferred U exposures.

http://www.allianceresources.com.au/documents/061024%20-%20Patersons%20-%20Uranium%20Outlook_October%202006.pdf

Big thanks of appreciation to One Up and Rupert who recommended this as a strong buy at 15 - 20 cents, about this time last year.

OneUp
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Cheers Steve.

And thanks for the link.

p0ssy
06-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Big thanks of appreciation to One Up and Rupert who recommended this as a strong buy at 15 - 20 cents, about this time last year.

I bought AGS when they were 8.3c in July05 as a result of One Up and Rupert's posting on this site and have been topping up since. So big thanks from me as well!!

JoeKing
06-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Chris do you have dyl for trifecta????
Cheers well done!
JK

OutToLunch
06-11-2006, 01:20 PM
$1.30 this morning. Amazing! I was expecting some profit-taking this morning after Friday's run, but it hasn't come yet.

1.32 now... [8D]:):D

JoeKing
06-11-2006, 01:41 PM
hey hey just passed speed camera! at $1.33

Harry7
06-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Nice and steady rises, quite spectacular. Lets trust she holds after the JORC - leading into talk of mining it or Heathgate buying AGS's minority interest

Paddie
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM

nelehdine
06-11-2006, 05:47 PM
What a great day for most U stocks ... this is only a taste of things to come , I've heard talk that the coming U boom will make the dot-com bubble look like a gentle market upswing !!! We have been warned ... hold on for some serious fun but be ready to get off quickly !!! I'm thinking when AGS is capitalised at $2b or something similar ( $8 /share !! )

Dazza
06-11-2006, 05:50 PM
boooooom

whats been happening folks

just finished one of my exams this aftanoon
i came home and my stocks are like smassssssssshing thru the roof

kmn
ags
aruo
cbh

man its good to be holding stocks

JoeKing
06-11-2006, 06:52 PM
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20061106/pdf/3zfry0hvzv3wh.pdf
Looka like a good consolidating day coming up tomorrow...
Cheers
JKL

laurie
07-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Talk about leaking taps!!

cheers laurie

JoeKing
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Looks like another BIG! day...

Harry7
07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Buy side very solid, no pre-open sell orders below yesterday's close....

roget
07-11-2006, 09:07 PM
a very interesting days trading! At the open a few small parcels for a big increase and at the close small volume for largish decrease in sp. VWAP of the day around $1.36, so if you believe at all in the fundamentals of this company you (and that is me) will be holding till JORC announcement.

Paddie
07-11-2006, 09:30 PM
The share price rise has been spectacular.

Was a late buyer at around .90 and am very happy.

Paddie[^][^]

JoeKing
09-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Some interesting "thoughts" from HC/SS forums

From Ubull at SS
It should be noted that Cameco is in big trouble with Cigar Lake.
Some people are saying Cigar Lake could be delayed for years or may never be mined.
Either way, 12 months delay is the absolute minimum.
If you are Cameco, Do you spend another $600M+ Fixing Cigar Lake?
Or do you spend $600M Buying AGS.
From what hear, Cameco is out in the market place big time looking for near term producers.
It is very likely that they will not be able to get Cigar Lake operational in time to meet their contracts and will need to call on the Force Majeur clause.

from hcrabok HC
Cigar Lake is a JV with Cogema/Areva, Cameco and a Japanese crowd.
Cameco are acutely aware they will not meet their uranium supply commitments unless they aquire something quickly.
If they buy AGS they can secure 25% of all future supply of B4M, which is 12-24 months away from production.
They can buy AGS by offering X Cameco Shares for Y AGS shares. That transaction would be completely cash flow neutral and would not cost them one cent.
This would save them the embarrasment of not meeting supply agreements and they would still have the cash to fix Cigar Lake, if thats what they decided to do.
Cameco is also big enough to buy the lot from Heathgate if that is what they want to do.

I WANT AT LEAST $3 (each) FOR MY AGS STOCK! IN CASH!
Cheers
JK

Harry7
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Big jump on close back to $1.35, 10c/8%

Mick100
10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Was that you topping up late this afternoon JK?

Paddie
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vic

Big jump on close back to $1.35, 10c/8%

Up 13c or 10.4%

Had a breather for a couple of days, but tracking up again.

Next week will be interesting.

Paddie:)

JoeKing
10-11-2006, 11:39 PM

G'Day Mick
No. accumulated 19c to 90c. Got 8k entitlement, hold 120k ave 48c quite happy to just sit and watch. Sure did not expect 13c jump today but fully expect to see AGS reach $5+.
fyi also hold dyl, ags, pna, agm, mrx as core shares, yep gone off oilers, except PPP. Cannot understand why NZO is so flacid? Shirt, the biggest oil exploration program in NZ history is about to commence... and no-one cares???
Cheers, keep well ;))
JK

Harry7
11-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Anyone going to the AGM? I've never been to one but will make the trip to Melb. from Sydney for it. Getting a little bit more involved. What are they generally like?

pimpit
11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
JK: I am not sure how you come up with the numbers. My valuation as per Warren buffet formulae gives 310c.

Mick100
11-11-2006, 12:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vic

Anyone going to the AGM? I've never been to one but will make the trip to Melb. from Sydney for it. Getting a little bit more involved. What are they generally like?

Only been to a couple myself
Gennerally you won't learn anything new
It's a good way to get an idea of the ability, commitment and character of the managment
I have found the experience of attending AGM's to be worth the effort.

laurie
11-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Has anyone here ever claimed a tax deduction to attend an interstate meeting assuming of course you are able to cannot see why you cannot since we pay CGT and claim losses [?]

cheers laurie

Mick100
11-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I think you can safely claim traval and accommodation expences when attending an AGM.
I,m in NZ and would claim those costs.

JoeKing
11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by pimpit

JK: I am not sure how you come up with the numbers. My valuation as per Warren buffet formulae gives 310c.

Pimp What numbers?? what are you valueing?? I havnt the foggiest idea whot you are on about??
Cheers

laurie
11-11-2006, 09:03 PM

G'Day Mick
No. accumulated 19c to 90c. Got 8k entitlement, hold 120k ave 48c quite happy to just sit and watch. Sure did not expect 13c jump today but fully expect to see AGS reach $5+.
fyi also hold dyl, ags, pna, agm, mrx as core shares, yep gone off oilers, except PPP. Cannot understand why NZO is so flacid? Shirt, the biggest oil exploration program in NZ history is about to commence... and no-one cares???
Cheers, keep well ;))
JK

JK if it reaches $5 I will remember you saying that here that would really change my life :D

cheers laurie

JoeKing
11-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Laurie
I have absolutely NO DOUBT about the $5 sp and a lot quicker than most people would believe. B4M could concievably be producing within a year. In fact it has been suggested that recent "water bore" drilling could be the beginning of setting up for insitu extraction testing. AGS will own 25% of the worlds next uranium mine! The parameters of the strike zone have not yet even been defined, but already over twice the size and better grades than Paladin langer-Heinrich. (PDN currently 660cps). (ref.Pic courtesy T10 http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8238/ags8je2.png ) Cameco is probably buggered and the world is already screaming for U. Maldon developement is well advanced, and will provide cashflow for AGS share of developement. (Insitu extraction is simple and inexpensive). M1 M2 good grades copper and gold and surface just scratched plus several other prospecting areas still to explore.
$5 no sweat! by mid 2008.
I guess any successfull Company changes a lot of lives... enjoy!
Cheers
JK

laurie
12-11-2006, 02:54 AM
But the fact remain Joe that we are talking about a 25% stake! and part of the AGM is to approve a resolution for partial takeover clause so if a T/O was to happen your $5 would not happen :(so at best $2--&gt;$2.5 I hope it does not happen but....we may get a capital return(tax free) and continue with the other 75% of the company with Gold/Copper which Heathgate does not want or do they?

cheers laurie

JoeKing
12-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi Laurie. I think you underestimate Gandel. Arkaroola will be the (AGS) Company maker, Maldon will be the cash cow to finance B4M until production. Warrina will make the acompany great!
Re-read the resolution slowly, I think you will find the main purpose of it is to close some loopholes to make sneeaky backdoor control more difficult. We know The likes of Pallidin is still shopping, the Chinese want into Aust U potentials, and there has been some obvious serious accumulating of late. IF!!! Gandel ever decides to sell the "U" part of AGS (I dont think it will EVER happen), it will cost a damn site more than a measly 5 bucks!
$5 by mid 2008..... PLUS! NO SWEAT!
25% might not sound much, but a quarter of HUGE! is good enough for me ;))
Remember it will be up to 10 years before any other Aust U discovery starts coming out of the ground. AGS can be producing within a year! check page 15 annual report ..." commence feasibility study at 4 mile western zone prospect" this is the area we are waiting the JORC for.
No. Heathgate will not want gold/copper, they are too busy doing what they do, fill U orders on hand. Remember, the higher the grades the higher the production with no extra costs or effort. Some B4M grades are 10+ times more than Beverley.
This is not a ramp! but if you want to get involved in a unique opportunity, don't procrastinate, this is the real U thing.
Cheers
JK

laurie
12-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Fair enough JK my take is that Heathgate will buy us out and what ever happens I will be holding till the end I got in at .14c[core holding] so it's all cream for me and yes Maldon will be the cash cow to prevent any further dilution due to spp or entitlements interesting to know what the free carried was worth over the years [:p]

cheers laurie

bullebak
16-11-2006, 02:49 PM

$1.30 this morning. Amazing! I was expecting some profit-taking this morning after Friday's run, but it hasn't come yet.

OTL, are you still in? I got in (late) at $0.77 (should have got in at $0.40 when I first heard about this one).

Back to around $1.28 today from $1.47.

JoeKing
20-11-2006, 01:33 PM
What INCREDIBLE management this Co. has....
Another great , timely announcement to keep SP up &gt;&gt;
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20061120/pdf/3znlw4w18t5x7.pdf
Cheers all
JK

laurie
20-11-2006, 02:07 PM

What INCREDIBLE management this Co. has....

Cheers all
JK

Just as important as to what they have in the ground IMHO

cheers laurie

OneUp
20-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd say that AGS has great ground and a great partner in Heathgate.

I don't know if I would describe AGS management as incredible.

laurie
22-11-2006, 01:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by OneUp

I'd say that AGS has great ground and a great partner in Heathgate.

I don't know if I would describe AGS management as incredible.

Well maybe I went over the top a bit "Great Management" may have been a better quote as today's high hit $1.5 :D

cheers laurie

Harry7
22-11-2006, 02:54 PM
AGM tomorrow. Wonder what it will bring.....

OutToLunch
23-11-2006, 09:37 AM

OTL, are you still in? I got in (late) at $0.77 (should have got in at $0.40 when I first heard about this one).

Back to around $1.28 today from $1.47.

Yep I am still in... have just been away for a few days and came back yesterday to find I was $14k better off, thanks mostly to AGS. Looks like I'd better take a few more days off! :D[:p]

johnofthex
23-11-2006, 09:46 AM
How would you guys assess wtn compared with ags?

JoeKing
23-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Johno,
I think if nothing else, AGS relationship with Heathgate, means they can come onstream quickly, puts AGS far ahead of any other Aus. U spec.
Finding is one thing, producing is something else.
IMHO AGS is wayyy undervalued but catching up fast. here is a copy of post from HC courtesy Tibbs you might find interesting:
Cheers
JK

PDN has 44,000t of uranium at LH = $8.2 billion insitu
AGS will end up with 25% of 100,000t for 25,000 of U = $4.8 billion insitu

PDN have 450 million shares
AGS have 260 million shares

If you divide the insitu value by the amount of shares on issue you get a per per share value for BOTH companies of $18.50. Yet PDN is sitting at $6.40 per share & AGS only at $1.40.

PDN however is at production stage & does have other projects in Africa & Australia. However, it does illustrate the massive potential for the AGS share price to take some quantum leaps from here! $2.00 is my next target & once that is breached, strap on your seatbelts.

People this is a WORLD CLASS uranium find. Dont be fooled by the 25% "tag" on AGS. Their 25% is worth BILLIONS, and is growing with each drill hole sunk.

edit: note AGS agm today... will JORC be released? will more assay/drill results be released? will sp SPIKE!?
JK

johnofthex
23-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks JK
From what I've seen in a short 3 weeks AGS is uranium propelled and it looks like the world is on the cusp of changing into a nuclear age, China, India, Australia, even anti nuk nz will have to become nuclear with population out of control etc etc. It's clean and safe there's just not enough of it. My line of progression was Bow striking Banff, Nzo striking Tieki and then AGS but the timing is not quite right which means scuttling BOW and NZO and jumping aboard AGS before it picks up anymore speed.
Cheers, I enjoy your positive posts JK

JoeKing
23-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Johno
Looks like your strategy similar to my own... use stepping stone Coys to build accumulation for up coming developing Coys down the track.
My intention is to hold as many AGS (will be $5 plus! when start production possibly within next year) AGM by june 2007 (start production prox Sept 07 then 2.50+ sp), PNA by june 2008 (start prod prox sept sp 3.20+) Then sell the lot end 2008 and walk away with 1 mil plus after tax :-(( a goal I set when starting off 2 years ago with 40k..
(now over 300k on paper so have done very well so far).
I believe the potential of AGS is enormous, and would love to be able to observe in say 10 years.
Todays AGM could see another new page in the exciting saga of this fastly growing gutsy Co.
Cheers and good luck
JK

laurie
23-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Hit a high of $1.57 what more can one say about AGS my first 10 bagger [:p]

cheers laurie

CAM
23-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Great to see, congrats Laurie....not a 10 bagger for me yet...only half way there...but I think it will make it. Too many positives for this one.

OneUp
23-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Bummer that Rupert's original thread has been deleted.

Then I could quote myself predicting Alliance would be a ten bagger ;)[:I]

laurie
23-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeh pity that happen it was great days then arh well politics I'm sure he is still around reincarnated as someone else [V]

cheers laurie

laurie
23-11-2006, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by CAM

Great to see, congrats Laurie....not a 10 bagger for me yet...only half way there...but I think it will make it. Too many positives for this one.

Thanks mate nice having friends on the train ride [^]

cheers laurie

johnofthex
23-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks JK for all the info. I got in this morning after raising some more funds somehow at 1.49 and damn glad I did. At days end it's still going up at 1.59 so a good day and a great AGM report.

JoeKing
23-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Laurie
CONGRATULATIONS! A 10 bagger is something special! and an inspiration to all newbies.
Cheers
JK
edit: Surely p0ssie must qualify for 10 bagger badge as well.. where are you Chris?

laurie
24-11-2006, 01:07 AM
JK thanks mate

well,well,well the famous quote that always had me question it "UNTIL DECISION TO MINE maybe that is just what it always meant get a front end loader back a Cat truck up and load it up drive to the crusher and plant chaps it appears we are going MINING! yepppepe

cheers laurie

JoeKing
24-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Laurie, past $1.68, watch that blood pressure!!!!!

Harry7
24-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Yep Joe King, spot on. Attended the AGM yesterday and a real eye opener in regards to quality management run by mining engineers/geologists. Very upfront, easy and informative one on one discussions with directors. Whilst it was my first AGM, my gut feel (which has been my best 'asset' during my time in this business) is one of highest confidence with this company. Definitely they plan to develope the 4 Mile prospect with cash from Maldon Gold but looking at 15 months for stage 1 and longer to stage 3 (completion). Earliest production I think would be 2008 unless Heathgate reach the 'decision to mine' sooner, in which case AGS would need to find cash for this. But, management's view is to make AGS a 'mining house' in its own right. S/P u/valued even at this stage. The JORC due December was mentioned as the best Ur find in the world last 20 years (suggests the resource will be very, very good when released) will also allow institutions to invest. Further, their Warrina/Big NE Cu/Au prospect has excellent potential for the future

Am in for the long(er) haul. Hope everyone is enjoying the ride upwards today as well. This really is something very, very good

moimoi
24-11-2006, 01:07 PM
WAHOO !!:D

OutToLunch
24-11-2006, 01:54 PM
From Hotcopper. Looks like Heathgate are ready to move on Alliance's prospect...

&gt;&gt;
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200611/s1796367.htm

Mining company seeks mining lease extension

The company that runs the Beverley uranium mine in northern South Australia has applied to extend the mine's operations for at least 20 years.

Heathgate Resources says a new mining lease will secure jobs and uranium exploration for decades.

Currently 120 people work full-time at the site.

The mine says it has also asked to enter into a new agreement with the local native title claimants.

Richard Phillips from Heathgate Resources says federal and state governments will need to approve the application.

"Drilling over the past year or so has shown that the ore bodies move outside the current mining lease," he said.

"So to access the uranium in those ore bodies we need to extend the lease.

p0ssy
24-11-2006, 02:09 PM
quote:Laurie
CONGRATULATIONS! A 10 bagger is something special! and an inspiration to all newbies.
Cheers
JK
edit: Surely p0ssie must qualify for 10 bagger badge as well.. where are you Chris?

I got into these at 8c - AGS is now my 2nd 20 bagger for this year. Cheers to all holders, lots of smiles all round I guess.

Harry7
24-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks OTL, this really is very good news[^]

pimpit
24-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Wohoo! got in at 45c and out at 171c today.

bullebak
24-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi pimpit,

Some might say you got out too early, but that markup over a couple of months doesn't come every day!

pimpit
24-11-2006, 04:37 PM
bullebak: I don’t hold any stock more than 3 months (except for my favorite stock NZO), this was good time for me to off load with AGM hype, might get back in later on any weakness on sp during x-mas period.

JoeKing
24-11-2006, 04:42 PM

bullebak: I don’t hold any stock more than 3 months (except for my favorite stock NZO), this was good time for me to off load with AGM hype, might get back in later on any weakness on sp during x-mas period.

HA! HA! HA! LMFAO! LOL!!!

bullebak
24-11-2006, 07:32 PM

HA! HA! HA! LMFAO! LOL!!!

pimpit, don't let JoeKing intimidate you!!! :) [8D]

Mick100
24-11-2006, 10:14 PM

If that's what works for you pimpit, then stick with it.

I think the secret of having a system that works is "the sticking with it"

JoeKing
24-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I think the secret of having a system that works is "the sticking with it",

Too true Mick...
Did you know the definition of stupidity and optimism is the same?
ie: doing the same things expecting different results..

I don't think Plimp would be the slightest bit intimidated .. and suspect you too missed the sarc in his post..

Harry7
26-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I'd mention, I get a few mining mags each month (subscription) from Perth WA and this year there has been only one (1) specific mention of AGS/Beverly 4 Mile in a dedicated Ur issue of Paydirt mag. No mention at all of AGS in the other mags I get and that includes one other mag that also had a dedicated Ur issue. There was also one small article in the AFR/Street Talk but that's about all

[of course there could have been mentions in other mags I don't get]

The point is, we all know what's happening out there, but to the market it hasn't really been picked up yet in a big way, even including the recent 'fast' rise in the SP from $1.00 to $1.65, its still 'under the radar'. This is a good thing, the upside is very strong once the market properly gets hold of it, particularly now Heathgate have applied to the SA govn. to extend their mining lease area to include 4 Mile

Should be a very interesting 3 months or so...

laurie
27-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Vic
Once it has a JORC then it's off,let's face it would you want your Super Fund Investing in shonky companies because someone thinks they may have inferred/indicated resources? well that's my theory ;)

cheers laurie

TerryA
27-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Vic et al,

An Abare report, published last week is now available at;

http://www.abareconomics.com/publications_..._06/uranium.pdf

It appears to be a good report but I have yet to read it in any detail. I am, however asurprised at the scant mention of Heathgate and the absence of any reference the B4W. Table 15 looks suspect for this reason alone.

Best wishes,

Terry

Harry7
27-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks, yeh it makes sense of course. Mentioned in my earlier post one of the directors at the AGM made a point in a one on one discussion that once the JORC is out it will allow the institutions to come in, as a rule they stay out until the JORC/resource is official

Terry, can you repost the link, I can't get it to work

TerryA
27-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Vic,

Try again.

http://www.abareconomics.com/publications_html/energy/energy_06/uranium.pdf

You may care to look at Uraniumbull's response on SS.

Best wishes

Terry,

abareconomics.com/publications_html/energy/energy_06/uranium.pdf

PS. link now works for me.

johnofthex
27-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Can you fill me in on JORC. It's been mentioned several times, some sort of consent is it?? Thanks, Cheers.........

JoeKing
27-11-2006, 11:33 AM
The JORC Code, Australasian Code for Reporting of Identified Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves, was established as a joint initiative of The AusIMM, the Minerals Council of Australia and the Australian Institute of Geoscientists through the Joint Ore Reserves Committee.
http://www.jorc.org/main.php
Cheers
JK

Harry7
27-11-2006, 11:55 AM
TerryA, had a look, nice report, thanks. All on table 15 have a confirmed resource, except for two (Honeymoon, D Yellow) listed blank. Looks like the report goes by the book and doesn't report on discoveries that are not JORCed up, like 4 Mile. But, I agree, the scant mention of Heathgate and the new 4 Mile prospect being of excellent grade and assumed size is a little bemusing, could have got a mention on the basis of advanced exporation/confirmed discovery/drilling results etc

Look out for a new analyst/Lonsec report on the AGS website next few days

JoeKing
27-11-2006, 12:18 PM
A new high 173. $2.00 by Xmas looks pretty well assured.

bullebak
27-11-2006, 12:21 PM
One buyer got over 150,000 at opening.

johnofthex
27-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks JK. Do you set a trigger sell on your shares incase of sudden sell offs....I mean that's what I've been doing but is it common practice???

Harry7
27-11-2006, 12:38 PM
She seems to be holding up well, could be a nice week leading into JORC sometime in week 1-3 December

JoeKing
27-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Johno
No I don't use stops.
1. Most of my stuff is on ASX and Direct broking don't have a asx stop loss facility from NZ.
2. I spend a lot of time watching real time and keep a close eye on the markets.
3. The few times I tried stop losses have been disasters and created false "mini crashes" that have triggered other tight stop losses with a domino effect. I find such happenings not only embarrassing, but sometimes the market can take weeks to recover...confession (blush- blush..) has happened several times NZO and has taken MONTHS! for sp to recover ;-(( I guess some clever traders could do this intentionally to manipulate the market... I am not that clever.
Cheers
JK
PS New high AGS 174. Hows that blood pressure Laurie?

laurie
27-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi JK blood pressure is

[u]$1.76</u>
$5.00

:D

cheers laurie

Harry7
27-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Nice move today, $1.79 now and not a huge volume. Nice and steady consistent rise

johnofthex
27-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Flying by the seat of your pants JK. I like that. I see WMT is away again but AGS is really flying. 1.78. I'd be a cot case if I'd bought in at .14c Exciting stuff.

bull....
27-11-2006, 03:43 PM
:Dwhat can you say

JoeKing
27-11-2006, 03:47 PM
$1.87 SCARY!
$2.00 by Xmas?.... how about by friday??

bull....
27-11-2006, 03:52 PM
If we maintain the current trajectory it should be 3 dollars by xmas:D

CAM
27-11-2006, 03:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by bull....

If we maintain the current trajectory it should be 3 dollars by xmas:D

That would be nice...a 10 bagger for xmas!!

bullebak
27-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Looks like 2 bucks tomorrow!!! Friday comes on Tuesday.

laurie
27-11-2006, 06:04 PM
If this is what it's like now god help us when the JORC comes out so today buying is a stake before the rocket is fired to the moon [:p]:D

cheers laurie

moimoi
27-11-2006, 09:46 PM
do you fella's and felless's really think this still has further legs with JORC...??

is there a danger thats this is priced in already???

AGS is on drugs at present.........and damn good ones at that LOL.
[:o)][:o)][:o)]

JoeKing
27-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Moimoi, as I understand it, Insto's,fund managers etc. the real HEAVYWEIGHT investors, cannot enter until the resource is "proven" ie: backed up with a JORC report, which means AGS is still unexploited, and the REAL smart money has not even begun to enter yet. And the imminent JORC only covers a very small part of the total prospect area.

courtesy Tibbs HC:
IMO the JORC report will dissappoint the market! Why?

Because the market is still largely uninformed regarding AGS & B4M. They do not understand that the JORC will be for only PART of the Western Deposit. They are also hung up on the "25%" tag

What they must realise is:

* they will continue infill drilling the West Deposit constantly increasing the JORC tonnage
* All deposits are OPEN for further extensions
* The recent massive high-grade hits in the East deposit will not be included.
* The East deposit is VERY large & infill drilling will increase that deposit significantly
* then there is the NEW South deposit that has just been discovered & will be enlarged via drilling
* Then there is .......... & so on, & so on

Traders will gamble on the Jorc report, but those with longer term views will be well rewarded in holding their shares in what will be the "company of the year" in 2007

Harry7
27-11-2006, 11:15 PM
moimoi,think also about the spot price for Ur is constantly increasing. In fact, I read recently it was the only metal that had continually risen in the last few years without once having a backwards correction (think about this and you'll find its a fact), and should go a lot higher next couple of years

Then there is the SP value upside based upon production and how soon Heathgate reach the 'decision to mine'. Heathgate last week applied to the SA govn. to increae their mining lease area (I assume to include 4 Mile but saw one post somewhere that suggested this was not the case but I don't know what else it could be??). AGS said at their AGM they want to be part of the production of this resource, and a mining house in their own right. They have a very good working relationship with Heathgate

The mine's process plant is built and producing. The other two producers, ERA and BHP, are mature stocks (though ERA could get to $30 they say), so this leaves AGS as Australia's only 'near production' undervalued/immature stock, with plenty of upside in the SP. Paladin are close to production of course but are much more mature - MC of $3,000M compared to AGS's MC $400M and PDN still haven't produced anything [PDN's resources are higher of course - 2 in Africa, some JV's now with Summit & some in NT and/or WA - but as Joe King said AGS/Heathgate are only at the start of their resource estimates]

laurie
28-11-2006, 01:25 AM
quote:Uranium Spot Price Indicator 24th November 2006 moved up this week to $64.00 per pound U3O8,an increase of $1.00 from last week’s price.

When this says -$1.00 I'm out till then this will be my guide ;)

cheers laurie

JoeKing
28-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Well, $2.00 has appeared on the screen first time. OK opening will be well below, but it's nice to see the number :-))

bullebak
29-11-2006, 12:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by johnofthex

Thanks JK. Do you set a trigger sell on your shares incase of sudden sell offs....I mean that's what I've been doing but is it common practice???

johno, I don't use automatic stops either. Virtually all my trades that I would have stopped out of turned profitable. Try not to pay too much in the first place, and not be too eager. In many cases those stops provide buying opportunities for others (ANZ another example today which I got some). I'd rather stay close to the market, like JoeKing.

JoeKing, I might borrow your AGS trading/investment plan... in hindsight placing my entire portfolio in it, I would have $20M bucks when you sell out... bugger [B)][B)]

johnofthex
29-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks Bullebak, I check the market out on a regular basis and find it a bit freaky if there's a drop heading for the sell trigger, so I'll take your and JK's approach. Cheers.

bullebak
29-11-2006, 11:29 AM
johno, in this line one needs to leave emotions (fear) in the cupboard. Fear usually creates buying opportunities for others.

JoeKing
29-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Johno/ Bullebak, my trading /investment "strategy" is very basic and one nearly all kids learned, when I was one, playing "monopoly". ie buy 4 houses then a hotel. I applied the same principle a few years ago to real estate, ended up $3 mil property after 3 years... eezy peezy.
I don't mind showing what I do if it will help anyone...
FYI this is how my AGS holding started:
buy 60k @ .19c = $11400
sell 60k @ .28 = $16670
buy 67k @ .25 =$16800
sell 67k @ .34 = $22750
buy 8ok @ .28 = $22450
put 40k into account No2 which is core holding account.
sell 40k @ .36 = $14370
buy 51k @ .28 = $14330
sell 51k @ .46 = $23430
buy 60k @ .44 = $26450
sell 60k @ .62 = $37170
buy 70k @ .60 = $40650
sell 70k @ .86 = $60170 note sp went on to 93 then fell.
buy 90k @ .67 = $60350
put 40k into core account.
sell 50k @ .85 = $42470
buy 55k @ .83 = $45700
sell 55k @ .96 = $52770
buy 60k @ .88 =$52850
put 40k into core account = 120K @ $182 =$218,440 will just sit now and concentrate on new baby.
sell 20k @ $1.26 = $25,250
buy 200k WMT @ 2.5c and lately 200k mrx .9c and start again...eezy-peezy
I do A LOT!! of research, concentrate on only around 6 stocks at a time. Be ruthless. If one appears too slow... dump! remember the deal of a lifetime, happens every day, and when opportunity knocks... open the door!!
Hope this helps someone.
Cheers all
JK

johnofthex
29-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Great work JK. Thanks for sharing this info. Like the idea of a core account and a working acct or I suppose a bread and butter acct.
I sold out of nzo yesterday at 1.11. Not too happy with their information supply. A bit of flying in the dark.......if they hit it, good luck. I've been in and out several times from .67 and up but I'm sure ur is the way to go however and AGS is holding up well.

Dazza
29-11-2006, 04:34 PM
jk how u been paying taxes on those?

JoeKing
29-11-2006, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dazza

Good pickup Dazza. One golden rule, you gotta pay your dues. You don't want that knock on the door :-(((
Thats why I run 2 accounts. A personal "trading" account pays tax after all expenses. The second is a registered "investment" Co. for long term holds, no CG tax NZ. It is important the Co buys the stock with tax paid $'s. Very simple but would take too long to explain here. A switched on accountant is handy too.
Cheers
JK
edit: PS You can also transfer from "trading" entity to family or similar trust via gifting program,($27k per an.) after appropriate taxes have been paid..

Paddie
29-11-2006, 07:46 PM

Good pickup Dazza. One golden rule, you gotta pay your dues. You don't want that knock on the door :-(((
Thats why I run 2 accounts. A personal "trading" account pays tax after all expenses. The second is a registered "investment" Co. for long term holds, no CG tax NZ. It is important the Co buys the stock with tax paid $'s. Very simple but would take too long to explain here. A switched on accountant is handy too.
Cheers
JK
edit: PS You can also transfer from "trading" entity to family or similar trust via gifting program,($27k per an.) after appropriate taxes have been paid..

Hi JK,

I am also intrigued as to what you can safely take as a capital gain as opposed to a trade.
There has been a lot of discussion over the above, but let's face it, everyone buying shares are doing it to make money.
I consider myself to be an investor, but for eg if AGS goes to $3 say by March 2007 (Good chance of that, brought on Oct 2006) and I sell, why should I be labelled a trader as one company has exceeded all expectations.
Pobably not the right thread for the above, but would appreciate any advice.

Cheers
Paddie

JoeKing
29-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi Paddie we are sort of getting off subject but I will be only too pleased to help where/if I can.
Re "trader" verses "investor" is concerned, yes, there have been lots of theories thrown around on these forums. I first became involved in real estate. As in buying properties to flick for profit or hold as long term rental. I am not an accountant, but as I understand it the key word is INTENT. Thats why I created different entities to keep "trades" and "investments" seperate and prevent "tainting". If you were to seperate say AGS from obvious trade stocks and can satisfy IRD that youre INTENTION was to hold, but need the money for an unexpected reason, (a large tax bill?) I don't think you would have a problem.
Again... I am not an accountant. I believe having to pay provisional tax (in advance) sux, but don't want to get embroiled in any arguement with IRD. They will always win :-((
Hope this helps
Cheers
JK

Mick100
29-11-2006, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Paddie

Cheers
JK

Hi JK,

I am also intrigued as to what you can safely take as a capital gain as opposed to a trade.
There has been a lot of discussion over the above, but let's face it, everyone buying shares are doing it to make money.
I consider myself to be an investor, but for eg if AGS goes to $3 say by March 2007 (Good chance of that, brought on Oct 2006) and I sell, why should I be labelled a trader as one company has exceeded all expectations.
Pobably not the right thread for the above, but would appreciate any advice.

Cheers
Paddie

The IRD will look at your past trading records to determine wheather they deem you to be a trader or not. So if it's a "one-off" it wouldn't be enough to lable you as a trader. If you do short term trades reguarly then you will be deemed to be a trader and would have to pay tax on all profits. It's your past dealings in the market that will determine wheather your proposed sale of AGS shares would be called trading or not Paddie.

Paddie
29-11-2006, 08:13 PM

Hi Paddie we are sort of getting off subject but I will be only too pleased to help where/if I can.
Re "trader" verses "investor" is concerned, yes, there have been lots of theories thrown around on these forums. I first became involved in real estate. As in buying properties to flick for profit or hold as long term rental. I am not an accountant, but as I understand it the key word is INTENT. Thats why I created different entities to keep "trades" and "investments" seperate and prevent "tainting". If you were to seperate say AGS from obvious trade stocks and can satisfy IRD that youre INTENTION was to hold, but need the money for an unexpected reason, (a large tax bill?) I don't think you would have a problem.
Again... I am not an accountant. I believe having to pay provisional tax (in advance) sux, but don't want to get embroiled in any arguement with IRD. They will always win :-((
Hope this helps
Cheers
JK

JK,

I appreciate your response.

I do see a lot of upside in AGS, and am happy to hold, but am also conscious of it's meterioc rise in share price.

Cheers
Paddie

Nimble
30-11-2006, 02:36 PM
JoeKing,

Impressive trading history for AGS! What did you use to time your entry & exits?