PDA

View Full Version : MEO Methanol Australia A26c 132m shares

Pages : [1] 2

blacksheep
01-04-2004, 04:36 PM
From ASX April 1 '04: Methanol Australia Limited today announced the signing of a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD) to jointly pursue resolution of the remaining commercial and financial components of the Tassie Shoal Methanol Project. The project will be jointly developed by Methanol Australia and Air Products, with the JDA providing a funding mechanism to take the project to financial close, based on successful completion of key project milestones. The development effort will draw on the respective skills of each organization, working together as an integrated team on the technical, commercial and financial components of the project, including development of the financial structure necessary to raise the debt and equity funding for the project. Success in securing key gas supply and product off-take arrangements would allow the parties to proceed to front-end engineering and design (FEED) work, planned to commence in late 2004. Methanol Australia acknowledges the support and assistance of the Minister for Industry, Tourism and Resource Development, the Hon Ian Macfarlane and Invest Australia. The project was granted Major Project Facilitation status in December 2001 and Australian government support was a key ingredient in Air Products¡¦ decision to join the project. In 2002, Methanol Australia appointed Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, via its Australian subsidiary, Sumitomo Mitsui Finance Australia Limited, to identify a strategic partner who would provide specific expertise relevant to the project. Air Products is a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenues of US$6.3 billion and 18,500 employees involved in operations in over 30 countries, and has extensive world-wide experience in the design, engineering, construction and operation of gas reforming and processing plants. Melbourne-based Methanol Australia aims to be the pre-eminent gas-to-liquid production company in Australia. It is recognized for its innovative and advanced engineering solutions aimed at exploiting some of Australia¡¦s vast offshore natural gas resources. Methanol Australia has developed the Tassie Shoal Methanol Project over the past seven years, providing considerable engineering definition for the facilities and gaining the necessary environmental approvals to construct and operate the facilities for the next 50 years. The Company was formed in 1994, has approximately 2000 shareholders and is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Further information can be found at the Company¡¦s website: methanol.com.au.

bermuda
05-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Any one got any updated thoughts on this company.?
This company is about to go places.

bermuda
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
No one has replied. Perhaps this company is under the radar. It wont be for long.Two big drills coming up that could prove to be as big as what AED found in the Timor Sea.

Fantastic Board and Management and a really grunty 5 year plan.

Crypto Crude
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Bermuda,
There is no doubt about it that this is the next AED in the making...
Timor sea is a great region to do business....
I will come back with information soon...
I am watching...

Crypto Crude
12-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Bermuda,
I have taken your advice and I have been looking further into MEO...
I Like MEO, but they do have risks....
This is potentially the next company to have a highly valuable project in the Timor sea if it can sure up reserves in the October drilling program, which has two drills confirmed and possibly 3 in total... with a total resource of 14Trillion CF... which is mind boggling...
also condensate... and bulding a Methanol plant which is able to profit from Methanol which is a by product of natual gas...
possibility of further farmdown before drilling program starts as the first to drills are 110million in cost... MEO has large cash reserves, and recent JV partner has taken a 10% stake to pay 25% of costs, and cas choose to extend that to 37.5% for 15%stake...
latest market analysis valuation on the company does suggest further farm down announcement before Oct drilling program will come forward !!!
Yes discovery of gas in both Epeharra, and Heron was made in 1972 by Arco, and the quality of gas has been tested from the cores recovered at Heron-1...
... If MEO can sure up these figures of 14TCF, or even come close to doing that then methanol Australia will run like AED... the chart looks up and up... but we havenot gotten flow rates and MEO has been working years to get to this stage... MEO spent 10m on 3d seismic last year...
... If the first drill of Henron 2 comes up dry then this company will get dumped....
and if all plans out favourably over the 5 month drilling and production testing program, it still then wont go into production until 2012, which the first year after drilling program will be getting certified reserves... MEO looks rather simialar to what AED was like when it purchased assets in the same region which were previously discovered, and threw in a few extra wells to sure up a massive development project which is almost complete...

Bermuda,
Do you consider this drilling program coming up in OCT, to be close to a development program rather than an exploration program? would you consider the drills coming up to be production wells, or close to it?? remembering that they have already discovered...... and the recent hydrocarbon inclusion tests on the core recovered do interpret the quality of the gas....if these projects derisk further through this up and coming program, then there will be big returns to be made....Is there big big upside to reserves???
At this stage im not looking at putting any money on the market... this stock looks undervalued but with market risk then it maynot be the stock that shines but the market that rules with the iron fist... and because of that I will watch for a few more weeks...
currently around $1...

The Plunger
30-08-2007, 01:39 PM
SC/Bermuda,

Good info guys.

Do you recall who it was at the chch convention that talked about MEO ? What's his screen name ?

I just can't get my head round this one - heinous mcap. Looks like they take it as a given that they're gonna hit paydirt with a monster flow on this "appraisal" drill and strike multiple Tcf. Lots of death by powerpoint slides showing floating LNG plants, sales agreements etc etc. It's dam hard to find any hardcore info on it. looked at HC but waste of time, just a bunch of complaints about a recent SPP and the usual ramping.

Maybe best just to leave alone, after all it's breaking that $1 rule, although it did tumble to the 70's the other day... missed that one as I was busy elsewhere !

bermuda
30-08-2007, 03:36 PM
The Plunger,
Twas Bermuda who talked of MEO at the Chch convention.
I know a very astute Australian businessman who told me that MEO has the potential to go way past $5 through their forthcoming drilling programme .Plus he also forecasted $15 for AED within 12 months. Shrewd..where will that put NWE?

I nearly invested in them but didnt and just as well as I looked with horror when they dived to 72 cents during that awful week earlier this month.After a capital raising at a $1.00 I couldnt believe it.

I think I will just watch this one out and concentrate on BOW which has just secured a letter of intent to drill 7 wells with SANTOS with BOW free carried in BOW's permit. That's the way to do oil business. Farm out - no dilution from capital raising and enough grunt in a find to give the shareprice a good rattle.

Crypto Crude
30-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Plunger, yes it was bermuda talking about MEO, although someone else mentioned it at the end when we were making stock picks if you remember...... perhaps that other person had been talking to Bermuda earlier on that day, eah....:D....(cant remember who picked it at the end)...
but yes Bermuda alerted me about MEO, and it made me jump up because it looks just like a AED in early stages......Oh I would love to ride the next AED...
Bermuda,
Interesting that this astute businessman told you AED $15 12 months...Ive been calling AED at $10 by the end of this year for ever...and I agree with $15... Ive posted that AED does have a shot at $20...
your friend is a great contact to have... continue listening to him, and share with me any other stock picks he may have...!...
One must feel that $15 for AED would put NWE at 50cents,
I already believe that NWE is worth that so there you go!...
and forward looking, it feels like a certainty in a sideways market....
Bermuda has made another top notch pick with BOW for a spec play...
what can go wrong with Santos drilling 7 wells with BOW a Joint venture partner free carried... no risk in that... thats not to mention the coal side of the business....top management at BOW....

the plunger,looking at other chat sites is a waste of time to get good oil info ... AED was the first stock I ever bought that broke the $1 rule you mention...and broke my stubborness of previously only holding penny dreadfuls... it has since changed me forever and I would seriously consider MEO as investment material, that has $10 SP potential on first production/bar gas price upside... MEO has downside aswell... but redrilling a previous discovery makes this an attractive more certain drill, and well rewarding....
:cool:
.^sc

The Plunger
31-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys.

Yeah will probably just watch what happens with MEO. Dam that $1 rule !

Agree with your thoughts on BOW. Great assets & prospects. A staggering 34 permits, with half at meaningful percentages. Will be keen to see a fwd drill sch for the cooper-ero stuff. Just hope that comes about whilst those oppies are about !!

Little concerned at that rather large -ve NOC for last year, might need to raise more cash. Also hesitant that they are involved with Mosaic and Avery. I just managed to turn a profit on MOS prior to the Hurricane-2 result (dry), but it was looking grim there for a while after Avery did the dirty on them. Will be running the numbers through my spreadsheet !

L8R, Plunger

mattyroo
31-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Bermuda,
and bulding a Methanol plant which is able to profit from Methanol which is a by product of natual gas...

Shrewd,
Coogee Resources also plan to build a Methanol plant, for which they have the exclusive rights to. I therefore wonder how MEO can be doing the same?

mattyroo
02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Heard today that MEO's methanol production platform isn't likely to go ahead until 2010. Currently doing further feasibility studies but they are still very optimistic that this project will go ahead.

Crypto Crude
16-10-2007, 12:56 PM
mattyroo,
Ive Been buying MEO this morning...
we will find out in over the proceeding months if this really is the next AED oil and those figures of 14tcf...
couldnot fit 14 trillion in the calculator... mad figures, and for already being discovered back in the 70's makes this an investment well worth taking on the risk....
.^sc

seaosh
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Any thoughts on Santos selling down most of its stake?

Seems like it would be a negative, but the reaction seems pretty ho-hum.

Also, when can we expect to hear some results from the drilling?

It seems the well will take another month to complete. But weren't they going to be testing at two levels within the well? Does that mean we can look forward to a first batch of test results soonish?

Crypto Crude
15-11-2007, 01:33 PM
seaosh,
STO is a ruthless operator and there is no logic to why they are selling...
big news expected next week... im 80% meo, 20% cue... and cash...
.^sc

seaosh
20-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Just announced that the drill should hit the gas on Thursday.

Crypto Crude
20-11-2007, 07:17 PM
hey seaosh,
I changed my mind and came back to chch today...
my mate has lined a job up for me so all should be good....
anyway, this company is going to pay my wages mate...:D....
company will hit gas on thursday...
holding 10k plus shares...
50-80+ billion dollar resource down there mate...
I think this will be turn favourable but does have risks...
Ive done alot of research on MEO and discovery willnot be a problem...
flow rate risk and single project risk are present..
.^sc

seaosh
20-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Fingers crossed. . .

bermuda
22-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Fingers crossed. . .

Good luck today guys.

seaosh
23-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Announcement but no news. . . changing a drill bit and continuing, but despite the earlier announcement no test results yet.

Down to half my holding now after a stop loss was triggered on that dud announcement.

xynz
23-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I had to scramble to cancel my stop loss.

I'm a newbie at this kind of thing....so I don't understand why Drilling Report 6 was taken as bad news (initial drop was 10% off opening)

The report can be paraphrased: "As expected, we hit a gas bearing zone. We actually hit it a little early, but we won't know if it's commercially exploitable until we run some tests and do some analysis"

Why was this so disappointing?

seaosh
23-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I guess everyone was hoping the next announcement was going to put a rocket under the share price, so a neutral announcement that failed to do that was seen as a negative.

seaosh
23-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess we're waiting until next week now for real news.

xynz
23-11-2007, 01:00 PM
The last time I was waiting for good news from a drill, was when LMP was drilling to its target at Eastern Bush 1. They blew it and made this announcement:

"At 1600 hrs on 11 May 2007 the Eastern Bush-1 exploration well was at a depth of 1,605 metres and drilling ahead in the Beaumont Formation. Although wireline log information is not available, a field top for the Beaumont Formation has been picked at a depth of 1,320 metres, approximately 70 metres low to prognosis. No significant hydrocarbon shows have been encountered in the section to date. The Joint Venture is currently evaluating the field information from the well pending a decision to run wireline logs. "

Translation:
“Bugger! We didn't find what we were looking for! We may try to run some tests in a desperate hope to salvage something...so, try to keep a faint hope alive”

Compare that with MEO's recent announcement

"Elevated gas readings have been recorded in the mud returns through the upper section of the Darwin Formation and mud weights were increased accordingly. While these observations are encouraging, the Company stresses that until the section drilling has been completed, testing undertaken, including analysis of the log data to confirm the development of a fracture system and permeability in the section, and hydrocarbons recovered, MEO is unable to confirm gas quality or that a recoverable resource is present in the Epenarra structure.

Translation:
“We pretty much found what we were looking for (we actually found it early). We won't know what we've actually found, until we run some tests.....so don't break out the champagne just yet."

seaosh
23-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I think the difference is that the LMP drill was on a previously undrilled target. In the case of MEO the target was previously drilled back in the 1970s and gas was found. However, at that time it was decided it would not be economic to try and extract it.

So in this case we know the gas was there. . . if they hadn't found gas it would have been a bloody disaster.

The news we are really waiting for is that testing indicates the gas will be economic to develop (i.e. good flow rates, right type of gas, and all that jazz).

Hence the jittery reaction to that last release. It wasn't the news everyone is waiting for.

xynz
23-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I think the difference is that the LMP drill was on a previously undrilled target. In the case of MEO the target was previously drilled back in the 1970s and gas was found. However, at that time it was decided it would not be economic to try and extract it.

So in this case we know the gas was there. . . if they hadn't found gas it would have been a bloody disaster.

The news we are really waiting for is that testing indicates the gas will be economic to develop (i.e. good flow rates, right type of gas, and all that jazz).

Hence the jittery reaction to that last release. It wasn't the news everyone is waiting for.

How long does it usually take for those tests to be run?

seaosh
23-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd have thought it would have been same day as completion of drilling or day after.

Maybe someone who knows more can help out?

Crypto Crude
23-11-2007, 02:36 PM
News today was good, but market may have been abit spooked because I guess they thought the holy grail ann was coming and we are not quite there with main zone not intersected yet....
Gas has been discovered 62m higher than what was intrepreted...
Mud weight needed to be increased to control the gas so as to not cause an explosion/blowout....
Prime Darwin formation hasnot been hit yet...and this will be drilled later today, with announcement expected on Monday...
xynz, seaosh,
what will happen from here is They will log Darwin Formation and then continue drilling to The plover formation... If they see gas in lower formation they will set casing and production test that... most likely 7inch... they will then decide if they want to plug back to around 3170m and flow test the section they are currently drilling.... We get two stabs at the cherry with the two formations and further bites with 2nd drill... but we are not yet set for a big company maker... flow rates are a few weeks away....
.^sc

seaosh
23-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Ah well. . . bought back most of what I offloaded on stoploss, and a little cheaper than I sold it for.

So see what happens next week then. . .

Crypto Crude
23-11-2007, 02:51 PM
This is risky investment, with a massive potential payoff....
Pre-discovered, and extensive pre drill appraisal by MEO makes it less risky...
upside is 1000%-1500% leading into production... downside is big also....
its more likely to go up than down I reckon, but could go down... There will be plenty of time to get in, and plenty of targets to hit in the drilling program... My advice is get your stop losses ready, and be prepared for anything....There will be time to top up in $2-$3 range if all goes well in current drilling stage.......
Im holding over 10k shares....
this is not investment advice...Im not a financial advisor like Yogi, and he said to sell... so there you go...DYOR.... currently im at breakeven average buy in price...
.^sc

seaosh
23-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Yogi is on some serious mind altering substances. . . not to say his advice might not turn out to be good of course.

I'm staying in for now though. . . No point getting out until the results come out.

xynz
23-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Mud weight needed to be increased to control the gas so as to not cause an explosion/blowout....
.^sc

Yeah, I can see why the market would be in a tizzy about that.....nothing worse than drilling for gas, finding some and having to increase the mud weight to prevent a blowout....

<\snark>

seaosh
23-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I can see why the market would be in a tizzy about that.....nothing worse than drilling for gas, finding some and having to increase the mud weight to prevent a blowout....

<\snark>

Tell me about it mate.

We've all been there though, eh?

xynz
23-11-2007, 09:15 PM
....they've found a commercial reserve, then I don't care how far the SP drops.

For all I care, the wussies can drive it down below $1....then I'll have a better chance to grab a few thousand shares between the announcement that we all hope comes and the SP take off.

xynz
26-11-2007, 12:10 PM
...viability of this well, while watching the SP slowly decay, is almost as much fun as chewing on aluminium foil.....

;-)

xynz
27-11-2007, 01:24 PM
MEO just announced that core samples confirm they have hit gas bearing rock. They're going to make a decision about flow testing, hydrocarbon recovery and analysis to determine if there is an exploitable resource here.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071127/pdf/3162mc65lmp9fn.pdf

seaosh
27-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Trade has been kind of interesting in this one the last couple of days.

Both today and yesterday there was a sell off to session lows near the end of the session, followed by quite aggressive buy orders right on the close. Today's late buying didn't drive the price up as much as yesterday's, but according to the ASB website there was one buyer with an order for 400k at 1.10. Not sure if it all got filled.

Some people seem confident anyway.

xynz
27-11-2007, 08:38 PM
...... according to the ASB website there was one buyer with an order for 400k at 1.10. Not sure if it all got filled.

Looks like it got filled

One day price/volume:
http://tinyurl.com/3a78va

Five day price/volume:
http://tinyurl.com/33y6z6

(the one-day volume link is probably only good for the next 12 hours, then it will start to reflect tomorrow's trading)

seaosh
28-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Shareholder presentation out today but I couldn't see any new info. Just seemed to be an updated summary of their activity.

Anything new I missed in there?

seaosh
06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
A nice rise the day after I get stopped out.

Typical. . .

xynz
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Results of the drilling, log and core sample:

•gas saturation recorded over entire 50 metres (3109m – 3159m) of facies C;

• no carbon dioxide recorded by mud gas detection systems while drilling;

• initial mud log indications while drilling suggest wet gas;

• primary porosity in facies C ranging between 5% and 12%;

• four major open fracture sets interpreted from Sonic Scanner;

• multiple open secondary fractures noted in side-wall core samples;
in the absence of a full diameter core, facies C fracture permeability is inferred in the multi-darcy range.

The results correlate closely to the Heron-1 well (2.7 km away) providing confidence in potential reservoir continuity. Correlation with the inversion data obtained from the 3D seismic data provides further confidence in predicting reservoir continuity. The modern logging suite obtained in Heron-2 confirmed the porosity and permeability assumptions used in MEO’s previous Contingent Resource calculations.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071206/pdf/3169znhhkvzt8b.pdf

[the following is NOT a direct quote]
Production testing of Epenarra will be undertaken to determine gas quality and reservoir productivity, confirming that a recoverable resource is present (But not until after they are finished assessing the underlying Heron North Elang/Plover target reservoir).

Cheers to all MEO longs!

X

Crypto Crude
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
This is a good time to sell If you cant handle all the volatility, and risk of complete failure...
I always said that the big risk was flow rates.. we had confirmed discovery which was an expectation and market saw it like that also... Flow rates are the big risk because they need to be high enough to support project development of Offshore facilities with conversion plants...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
What an interesting week for MEO with a run from 92cents to $1.29...
Im looking at trading patterns and when company was falling, had I implemented a Mackdadunk 'special' stop loss system I may have been stopped out..... :D....I called Direct Broking and the big rats told me they only do stop losses on NZX stocks...SO... My homemade stop loss system would have had me selling at 70cents...
Where is SC positioned and whats happening- I am going to sell out just prior to Flow rate data from the primary source, Darwin Formation. The Secondary target is a free shot at discovery/flow testing and with the main target still yet to be flow tested then one would expect SP to not crash until its forth coming.. time to re-address my position will be determined by 2nd target success... I would expect SP to remain strong with Impending results from secondary target and possible flow testing of that formation. US market closed flat on Friday so Nothing dramatic from the ASX Monday. Inversion data looked very promising in the primary formation and pre appraisal drilling was extensive... Discovery was reduced risk. Flow rate data is the big unknown and Im just like everyone else and havent seen anything in terms of field productivity. Maybe Santos didnot like what they saw....
At the moment with MEO Im sitting on 18&#37; up on average buy price and topped up. Im either all in or all out, Theres no point mucking around with the bits in between and It will either be economical or it wont.Im very hopeful that if upon major success that re-entry into MEO willnot come at a massive premium considering that resource is potentially valued 60-100 Billion dollars PLUS... rising prices of natural gas are almost certain to happen over a period of time leading into production in 2012. Oil is still so cheap and rising production costs of the largest oil fields the WOrld has ever seen have been rising.. Drilling costs are booming with increased interest with high historical oil prices which are cheap..
...MEO SP willnot rise to $10 over night... When AED first discovered SP did not explode when Puffin 7 and Puffin 9 were successfully discovered and flow tested. It got closer to resource value over a long time running back from early 2006 until its highs 1100% higher a few months back.. but all has now changed with production stage and pre production stage company was at screaming buys... I sold my NWE at 25c average months and months back and they laughed at me on SS... A Mackdunk stop loss system worked well in the situation of AED...
good luck holders, I cant honestly say that this stock is currently worth buying... The risks are what they are and only Yogi in Auz will really know whats happening. He definately picked very close to the actually dates when SP could start to fall...
...UXA is an interesting U ASX explorer Ive been watching for a long time.. look, the bulk of its permits are located in the prolific region in South Australia and has large amount of Stuat Shelf Permits surrouned by World Class project Olympic dam amongst others...
.^sc

xynz
10-12-2007, 10:11 AM
...of when you expect a flow test ann?

xynz
10-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Effective until MEO makes its announcement or the ASX cancels the halt on Wendesday, Dec 12

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071210/pdf/316czfrqvsqwyl.pdf

yogi-in-oz
10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
:)

Posted 16112007:

P.S. ..... MEO troubles should start shortly after 11122007 ... with
late-December 2007 and January 2008 looking quite nasty ... !~!

Hi folks,

As posted above ..... MEO news comes in, right on time ... !~!

have a great day

paul

=====

shasta
10-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Effective until MEO makes its announcement or the ASX cancels the halt on Wendesday, Dec 12

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071210/pdf/316czfrqvsqwyl.pdf

I have been researching & watching LNG closely & see they are also in a Trading Halt today.

Any coincidence?

xynz
10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I have been researching & watching LNG closely & see they are also in a Trading Halt today.

Any coincidence?

LNG's halt is about a placement of up to 15% of its shares and a share purchase plan.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071210/pdf/316czzzfjlm1vf.pdf

If it's related to MEO's halt, then that means MEO is acquiring up to 15% of LNG...it might be part of some kind of farm out arrangement, where LNG agrees to build/operates part of the GTL operation. But that really doesn't make much sense: LNG's market cap is only $90M and it's going to cost about $1B to build MEO's gas liquification plant.

shasta
10-12-2007, 09:12 PM
LNG's halt is about a placement of up to 15% of its shares and a share purchase plan.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071210/pdf/316czzzfjlm1vf.pdf

If it's related to MEO's halt, then that means MEO is acquiring up to 15% of LNG...it might be part of some kind of farm out arrangement, where LNG agrees to build/operates part of the GTL operation. But that really doesn't make much sense: LNG's market cap is only $90M and it's going to cost about $1B to build MEO's gas liquification plant.

Thanks for that, i don't know much about MEO, it just occured to me there may be something in it.

Will continue to watch MEO from the sidelines & LNG with interest.

Crypto Crude
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Shasta,
LNG is a company with strategic assets in PNG...SPP coming as xynz said...

Yogi,
Dont let your emotions with me blur your signals to the stars. I guess it would be safe to say that we have not seen eye to eye in the past and you probably looked at MEO and thought that this was wildcat cat drilling and wrote it off.... SO Far your advice is going against what you told me to do....Yourve put yourself on the line here mate and to date MEO investment has been rewarded... I can only speculate what the trading halt is for, Just like you...
You never backed up your statement of 'MEO troubles' you just said, "lets wait and see", When I asked.
You have not proven yourself to be consistantly successful over time and I would not consider your opinions as worthy advice.
Theres no need to resort to name calling... thats for big kids, and Im a young man...
Yogi, In my recent study up of NEO, I found some interesting comments from you about the company which I will bring up in a short while....

With MEOW currently drilling through secondary target the trading halt could be likely to be gas/gas shows in the second target... An announcement unrelated to primary target... Which is where most of the action will occur...
The targets are large, Ive previously said that im selling before Epenarra flow testing pending on Heron North Results...
xynz,
Flow test announcement date for Darwin formation isnot yet clear... what ever happens with the Heron North formation and possible flow testing there could hold Darwin flow test up by a few days or more...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I have been told that a new announcement is out not too long ago about Heron north...
.^sc

xynz
10-12-2007, 10:57 PM
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071210/pdf/316dlz3jhzs6qt.pdf

It looks like there is a hell of a lot more gas pressure than they were expecting. From my reading, it's also very low in CO2 and it's wet.

BTW: they mention the possibility of a barefoot production test.....I looked it up and it sounds like they want to test production capabilities without setting a casing first. That sounds like a lot of confidence, to me.

yogi-in-oz
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Yogi,
Dont let your emotions with me blur your signals to the stars. I guess it would be safe to say that we have not seen eye to eye in the past and you probably looked at MEO and thought that this was wildcat cat drilling and wrote it off.... SO Far your advice is going against what you told me to do....Yourve put yourself on the line here mate and to date MEO investment has been rewarded... I can only speculate what the trading halt is for, Just like you...
You never backed up your statement of 'MEO troubles' you just said, "lets wait and see", When I asked.
You have not proven yourself to be consistantly successful over time and I would not consider your opinions as worthy advice.

NOBODY gets them right EVERY time, Schrewd ... :)

..... but, this time we are already halfway there,
with the CORRECT MARKET TIMING posted weeks ago ... !~!
(..... and you know that to be true)

..... now, we just need the right direction ... :)

Really don't know what the concerns will be (and don't care), but the market
will soon confirm, that our analysis is right or wrong ... very soon ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

xynz
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
........pre-open, Wednesday morning.

AFAIK, there aren't any other announcements pending. For whatever reason, MEO requested that the trading halt remain in effect for the full two trading days.

I guess that's good, because the market depth is filling up with buy orders at higher and higher prices. Right now, there are orders for over 230,000 shares in the visible queue, with prices starting at 138 and going all the way up to 158.

yogi-in-oz
12-12-2007, 11:28 AM

NOBODY gets them right EVERY time, Schrewd ... :)

..... but, this time we are already halfway there,
with the CORRECT MARKET TIMING posted weeks ago ... !~!
(..... and you know that to be true)

..... now, we just need the right direction ... :)

Really don't know what the concerns will be (and don't care), but the market
will soon confirm, that our analysis is right or wrong ... very soon ... :)

have a great day

paul

=====

MEO: Placement of 50 Million Shares @$1.25

... so much for the "expert" ... schrewd again ... !~!

So, what do you think will happen to the share price now ???

Astrostuff wins again !~!

happy days

paul

=====

STRAT
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, Shrewd really got under your skin. Never seen this side of you before Paul :eek:

and up 9.3% this morning

seaosh
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah looking good. . . so far I'd rather have stayed in than been stopped out.

Crypto Crude
12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Investor update and presentation out...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
12-12-2007, 12:32 PM
YOGI0-MEO: Placement of 50 Million Shares @$1.25

happy days

paul

Good for you paul,
And yet those meteorite talents of yours told me not to buy in when I did...Its now almost 30% later....how can astrostuff win, you tried to warn me off it...
Anyway, I dont want to see you round these places again,
go start up your own topics and lets just carry on...
peace out paul, Luck to yah
.^sc

xynz
12-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Nothing personal yogi, but you're slamming on my mate: Shrewd Crude

MEO: Placement of 50 Million Shares @$1.25

Prior to the placement, the SP closed at 129.

After the placement, the SP closed at 133.

=====

Astrostuff “wins” in that it predicted that the SP would drop.....

....and the SP responds by first going up over 10% and then settling on a 3% gain with record breaking turnover (nearly $25M).

If this is Astrostuff "winning", then I want a hell of a lot more of it! A few more Astrostuff "wins" like this one and MEO will be breaking $2 in no time....

|-D

STRAT
12-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Anyway, I dont want to see you round these parts again,
.^scWho went and made you the Sheriff of this here town ?:D

Crypto Crude
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes strat, We are not looking for cowboys... One of my legends once said "I can dodge bullets baby" , and "thats what im capable of doing on horseback", I replied...:p
Today MEO had its highest trading volume of all time... mayb yogi thought the such high trading meant something when he was meteorite gazing told him something... HE was fairly accurate in that respect, I will give him that... only one other date in NOV this year came even slightly close compared to todays trading volume... over 19m shares traded today...
big sellers and big buyers will rule this company, until we really know whats going to happen and then either buyer or sellers willnot be able to contain the outbreak either way......
These institutions control this company and at times have capped the stock, have bought large volumes late in the day, have sold off during day, STO selling out in early stages when there was increased unrest and a few selling off days...(eg fall to 92cents)...
Im feeling mixed messages from todays shareplacement and such high trading volumes...posters on HC new it was coming, but I was abit skeptical at first...
Why would MEO be so keen to sell off part of the company for a price like that if it were such a good project...?
on the other hand it is good to see keen interest for the large placement... Im just not sure how to fell.... anyone with ideas?
With no further drilling until monday it would seem there would be no major reason to expect a fall other than Yogis prediction of falling after the date of 11/12....I have implemented a homemade stop loss system which has seen my stop loss price increase but will still take some falling for it to be hit... praying that DOW will hold up tonight, Last night it fell over 2.2% and it was a massive fall which happened late in US trading...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
13-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Ticking up slowly this morning...
hum...

bermuda
13-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Shrewdy,
MEO starting to realise its potential. You going up to Auckland.?

Time for you to get some VPE.

STRAT
13-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Ticking up slowly this morning...
hum...My fingers are crossed for ya mate. Luck to ya. :)

Crypto Crude
13-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Bermuda,
Im not going to the Auckland meet this time around...
But am going up next year for sure and will stay there for a few days...
I will try and get a Lizard, a Shasta , a lakeys and a Heron to turn up...
Hopefully A few CHCH NC reps will be going aswell, including yourself B....
I've got only a 12week period to earn wages as next year my earning potential decreases...But, I took this week off work sick so I could come back to CHCH and manage my holding of MEO...
Yes it is time to get VPE, but Im not going to do anything about it until I sell MEO..If played right, I maybe able to purchase more VPE/VPEO than I otherwise could have...
good luck...and so far, thanks for tip off of MEO...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
13-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Strat....
The next few weeks will determine if I stay in a back packers or a fancy hotel next time I come to Auckland...
.^sc

STRAT
13-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I stay in a back packers:cool:
.^scNo private Jet with that then :D

yogi-in-oz
17-12-2007, 01:20 PM
The next few weeks will determine if I stay in a back packers or a fancy hotel next time I come to Auckland...
.^sc

..... it sure looks like it will be backpackers from this end ... !~!

Of course, the "guns" will be telling us that they took profits last Friday,
but didn't post it here ... :)

-----

Just a reminder:

Originally Posted by yogi-in-oz
Posted 16112007:

P.S. ..... MEO troubles should start shortly after 11122007 ... with
late-December 2007 and January 2008 looking quite nasty ... !~!

happy days

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
17-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Yogi,
I was being light hearted... I wont be staying at a backpackers mate..
:D...
Ok Yogi,
what guns are you talking about? AK 47's...?... haha...
It makes no difference that the market falls like this as long as you are getting into other stocks which are also cheaper, and in some cases much cheaper...I've been buying today (not MEO)...
but, havn't been selling, I'm looking for an exit as I've explained before....
I congradulate you for your prediction of RRS...
I choose to pick my own battles and never argued with you on this one...
SO Don't act like I did...
Dont push me, push a push pop....
haha...
.^sc

xynz
18-12-2007, 08:29 PM
They've increased their MEO holdings....
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071217/pdf/316jvp5jgdjf8t.pdf

....while they are getting hit with a nearly $1 Billion loss from the sub-prime fallout.
http://tinyurl.com/yozmjp

I like what that says about their confidence in MEO. They know they need solid investments and they've increased their stake in MEO.

bermuda
19-12-2007, 01:02 AM
They've increased their MEO holdings....
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071217/pdf/316jvp5jgdjf8t.pdf

....while they are getting hit with a nearly $1 Billion loss from the sub-prime fallout.
http://tinyurl.com/yozmjp

I like what that says about their confidence in MEO. They know they need solid investments and they've increased their stake in MEO.

This is a stock that could really go somehwere. Dont hold but wish I did.

Crypto Crude
21-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Bermuda,
I dont like that word 'could'... I sold down my holdings a few days ago to fund my new expedition with VPEO...
13% profit, im holding onto a few k worth and thats about it now...
Looking back, I should have sold on Friday but I didnot allow for Market risk which saw MEO drop 13% on Monday, (I think it was)...
I dont like the recent Share placement...
And I just wanted to go through the re-rate process of discovery with this one which has proved a mixed bag both down and up...
I am not recommending loading up on this stock as I did...
I have found the biggest returns for me are in development stage...
there are much less profits in production stage... discovery stage takes on all the risk, but does offer short term big profits whereas development stage is drawn out over more time but there is more 'certainty'....
Finding these stocks with pre-discovered permits are great for reduced risk at discovery stage.......
catchyah all in the next round...
peace out...
.^sc

xynz
21-12-2007, 04:25 PM
.....until there is a revenue stream, there's going to have to be some kind of dilution to fund operations.

Without a guaranteed revenue stream, they're not going to get a loan (at least, not in the current credit climate).

So to acquire working capital, they either dilute current shareholders positions with a share placement or they dilute through a farmout agreement that gives up a percentage of interest in a given permit.

Ideally, they would offer current shareholders an opportunity to purchase shares in any offering....but that wouldn't do me any good, because I've put all the money in this that I intend to.

Assuming that the news from Heron continues to be positive, then I'm in this for the long haul. I may sell to buy in again when it's lower, but if they go into production in 2012, I'll be holding MEO.

As things now stand, there is a very good chance that this $500 million market cap company is sitting on $100 billion of gas and condensates.

bermuda
21-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Bermuda,
I dont like that word 'could'... I sold down my holdings a few days ago to fund my new expedition with VPEO...
13% profit, im holding onto a few k worth and thats about it now...
Looking back, I should have sold on Friday but I didnot allow for Market risk which saw MEO drop 13% on Monday, (I think it was)...
I dont like the recent Share placement...
And I just wanted to go through the re-rate process of discovery with this one which has proved a mixed bag both down and up...
I am not recommending loading up on this stock as I did...
I have found the biggest returns for me are in development stage...
there are much less profits in production stage... discovery stage takes on all the risk, but does offer short term big profits whereas development stage is drawn out over more time but there is more 'certainty'....
Finding these stocks with pre-discovered permits are great for reduced risk at discovery stage.......
catchyah all in the next round...
peace out...
.^sc

Octanex ( Albers ) sold down a bit too but still hold about 2.5 m

Octanex own about 32m of Cue

xynz
27-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Ok, so what was the big deal about the gas/water boundary in the first place? Why even bother to drill down that far, at all?

The only reason I can see why they were so keen to go all the way, is because they thought it might not be a gas/water boundary....that they were thinking that it might be a gas/OIL boundary.

Is that possible? If it's not, then why were they so keen to go all the way down?

Whatever the case is, it looks like they won't be able to drill all the way, because the sandstone is so fractured and permeable, that they're losing too much mud.

Well, if the over-pressure is due to gas charge, then can there be such a thing as too fractured and permeable? :)

xynz
27-12-2007, 04:23 PM
A more definitive determination of the location of the gas/water contact permits more accurate determination of reservoir limits.

Ok, so what was the big deal about the gas/water boundary in the first place? Why even bother to drill down that far, at all?

The only reason I can see why they were so keen to go all the way, is because they thought it might not be a gas/water boundary....that they were thinking that it might be a gas/OIL boundary.

Is that possible? If it's not, then why were they so keen to go all the way down?

Whatever the case is, it looks like they won't be able to drill all the way, because the sandstone is so fractured and permeable, that they're losing too much mud.

Well, if the over-pressure is due to gas charge, then can there be such a thing as too fractured and permeable? :)

yogi-in-oz
29-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Hi folks,

Did you notice that the UP-VOLUME was quite light,
at only 888,000 on Firday ... that means, not everybody
is convinced about the MEO story, right now.

..... and what the company actually announced:

"Based on preliminary log interpretation, these sandstones
APPEAR to be gas charged"

... they are only TESTING for what APPEARS to be gas-charged
formations ... yes??

Now, some traders were blinded to the facts in December,
when MEO went to 1.45 then crashed to 1.13 soon after
(just as was forecast in this thread) ... well, that
volatility is about to repeat itself, in January ...

Note well: ... 28-31122007 cycle comes into play over the weekend
and often we see a high posted, immediately before the negative cycle
falls into place ... so, as previously forecast:

... it does not matter how much the skeptix rubbish us,
the God-given natural time cycles will prevail ... !~!

As forecast above, expect MORE downside in MEO:

28-31122007 ... negative spotlight on MEO ... :)

11-18012008 ... 2 bigtime negative cycles here.

25-28012008 ... minor

29-30012008 ... negative ... finance-related ???

25-26022008 ... positive light on MEO and
first signs of recovery ???

happy days

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
29-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Yogi,
I believe they are after your blood over at HCopper RRS thread...;)....
you see my friend, MEO fell 12% on a day when the markets were down sharply....there were a few days like that back to back with the markets... risky stocks and speculative stocks get hit the hardest when market volatility attacks...
You said not to buy MEO at $1.10 and its now $1.36....
Your range predictions (RRS) turned to custard
YO G, I bought a whole bunch of vpeo's at 6.3cent average...
I wish you all the best for 2008...
.^sc

yogi-in-oz
29-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Yogi,

You said not to buy MEO at $1.10 and its now $1.36....

YO G, I bought a whole bunch of vpeo's at 6.3cent average...
I wish you all the best for 2008...
.^sc

Schrewd ... you are very loose with the truth ...

... please show us where you were told not to buy MEO !~!

Let's see, you can't do that .. for two reasons:

1. ... it did not happen

2. ... if you read my posts properly, you will find, that they NEVER contain advice,
to anybody.

-----

FWIW ... you had better get used to the idea, that there's
more downside coming for VPE, especially around:

04-07012008 ..... negative news expected here

16012008 ..... negative spotlight will be focused on VPE !~!

..... and VPE is already trading under the longer MAs ... :)

Happy New Year

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
30-12-2007, 09:48 PM
1)Posted by xynz

2)Ok, so what was the big deal about the gas/water boundary in the first place?

3)Why even bother to drill down that far, at all?

4)The only reason I can see why they were so keen to go all the way, is because they thought it might not be a gas/water boundary....that they were thinking that it might be a gas/OIL boundary. Is that possible?

5)If it's not, then why were they so keen to go all the way down?

6)Whatever the case is, it looks like they won't be able to drill all the way, because the sandstone is so fractured and permeable, that they're losing too much mud.

7)Well, if the over-pressure is due to gas charge, then can there be such a thing as too fractured and permeable?

1)hey xynz,
Good to see you back on the threads asking questions, and taking the time to study this one through... Last week I worked 80 hours... came back yesterday for 3 days off... excuse my late reply...

2)Gas water boudary gives very strong indication of condensate... also note that the sandstone interval of 164m is gas charged and 'wet gas' was detected through log indications during drilling...Condensate is highly valuable and this project has a contingent resource of 234mmbls in epenarra structure and ranges up for heron north/heron south...600-800 mmbbls condensate established in place... possible horizontal well of Heron3-a would exploit this... recoverability factor isnot currently known...
We have two confirmed wells followed by Coogee using the drilling rig, and then a possible slot to come back and test Blackwood which would be extremely derisked upon positive outcomes of this well... also Seahawk with a low lying flat structure in Top Vee formation to the East...

3) All data needs to be collected... just because gas contact stops doesnot mean drilling stops... All data needs to be analysed and non gas points of contact are just as important to understanding the fields geology as gas points are...It was previously expected that gas water contact was at 4260 and planned total depth was 4300m.. To the west the Top Elang Plower shapes like a parabola and a fault line runs up to the proposed Blackwood structure.... So to the West the structure runs deaper and checking to find out would be an appropriate outcome to test for IMO...In this case Mud loss has increased as the well has gotten deaper... pressure buildup has increased, and decreasing mud weights used to inpart control pressure which has occured in both targets, along with laying the most optimal size of casing... Under controlled circumstances this pressure buildup is good...
not under controlled circumstance isnot good.... currently pressure is controlled... these faults trap Natural gas in more permeable sandstone layers which is good for trapment of the resource...
basic example I thought through when I thought of why all data needs to be collected was... you fill most of your glass with coke and fill Jack Daniels up with the rest... Your first gulp is mainly alcohol but the rest is coke saturated with alcohol...(not pure alcohol below, as on the first level)...

4) Anything is possible in this game... It wasnot expected in this situation....
Permits in this region are mainly gas and condensate... we are talking a different commodity, a different precious resource which has a new set of rules... This project is in its early stages of MEO becoming Australia's second largest LNG producer and largest Methanol producer...The offshore facilities are state of the Art and have their own sets of risks...Look at evans shoal project for similar characteristics to Heron structure resource!... check out Abadi, Lynedoch, Caldita, greater sunrise, Abadi etc... Furgo inversion data (new technology), inferred that higher levels of impedence shown by red and yellow markings were gas...previous gas discovery (Arco) with core testing proved this... it's productivity wasnot proven because at the time prices recieved were much lower and projects never proceded further... Timor Sea field resource's were left untapped in pre discovery mode until 20-30years later... We are now starting to realise this regions value and the likes of NXS are set to boom...Nexus is set to gobble up other oilers and Coggee also...

5) the massive cost outlay of this project (drilling, project design and development and implementation) makes drilling abit further worthwhile when the possibility of further, but not expected contintuation of structure is possible.... The Epenarra structure is concave up and tightly packed... whereas Heron North where the latest results have come from isnot as defined and is more sparcely populated/ spread out over a wider range...... On first glance the Heron-2, North Structure looked like a continuation structure but is seperated into three formations of Upper middle and lower in that vertical section... Looking at inversion data announcement on 12th of 9th month this year, plate 2, the three zones can clearly be seen... Points of contact change on a horizontal plane

6) already answered by company announcements...

7) yes it is possible and doesnot sound that positive...

The reason why this company is valued so low compared to its potential is evident because of uncertainty around flow rates... I have ridden in what was expected with discovery... I have now taken this stock on as part of my two stock portfolio and not the whole protfolio in itself...
Stocks in development stage, which are past discovery and flow testing offer the most certainty and is where I choose to maximise more favourable risk return... Hoping to see this one boom and the continuation of Timor Sea realisation as it comes to the forefront of Australian oil and gas exploration efforts...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
30-12-2007, 10:10 PM
yogi,
Im not about to get into silly little games of 'he said', 'she said'...
All the truth of what you posted is on this thread further back...
you took your side on MEO and I took mine (which was different)... same thing happened with VPE when we had a run in when Mick backed you up because you two let you historical emotions with the company run your decisions which is bad.... you either have MEO on a buy or you dont! there are no fence sitters around here and your progonise for MEO hasnot been fence sitting!....
Yes you have not said the word "not buy", but you have given us every indication as to what you think, which was you warning me off the stock weeks/a month ago... the only measure we have is SP performance and so far it has been good... I told my father not to buy this company after he bumbled around in the earlier days when I got in.. the risks are what they are and each individual must understand what the risks are before taking on this investment... I like what I see so far... The holes in your analysis is that you donot give a clearer enough indication of what to do...
your posts make out every indication of whats going to happen...
You said 6 positive cycles were coming with NEO, positive news, significant announcements etc... were coming as you said and they never came.... a rise from 8.5cents to 9.2 cents means nothing to me if the SP is going to crash from 9.2 cents to 6 cents after Ive effectively been told to buy on multiple positive cycles coming into play...
Maybe you are being too narrow with your analysis and you should be more broader and expand beyond a one day or two day SP prediction when its the medium term with dictates what will happen to a company...
eg, you were recently quoted as

now, lets not make any bones about this.... MEO is going to $5 and $10, or 30cents... there will be no recoveries in SP if things go bad...
If this Well turns bad, then the next one that drills the same target but further long the reserviour will prove nothing of a turnaround at this stage
.^sc

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2007, 10:46 AM
yogi,

Yes you have not said the word "not buy", but you have given us every indication as to what you think

eg, you were recently quoted as
now, lets not make any bones about this.... MEO is going to $5 and $10, or 30cents... there will be no recoveries in SP if things go bad...

If this Well turns bad, then the next one that drills the same target but further long the reserviour will prove nothing of a turnaround at this stage
.^sc

... that's right ... no advice was given to you (or anybody) and these forums are
here for exactly, that ... to express what we think ...

On MEO ... what if this well is a duster ... where are you going to bail out ...???

..... or does your trade turned into a painful "investment" ???

Fact is, you had a chance to take profits, as high as 1.45, then the price
crashed back to 1.13 ...

..... so, what does your trading plan say, where do you take profits and where
do you cut your losses ... ???

Somehow, those crucial questions have not been answered ..... and with a
possible duster staring you in the face, any trade on MEO right now is
just a straight out gamble on the result of this well ... so, please tell us,
what is your strategy, if it all goes bad ... ???

... or maybe you will get lucky and the well comes in a winner, so where do
you take profits in this trade ... or will you just watch it rally to another
high and watch it fall, yet again ... ???

Sorry ... just can't see how you make money WATCHING it oscillate up and down !~!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

paul

=====

macduffy
31-12-2007, 12:25 PM
C'mon SC !
We're not supposed to take yogi's "predictions" seriously, are we?

Happy New Year all.

bermuda
31-12-2007, 01:31 PM
C'mon SC !
We're not supposed to take yogi's "predictions" seriously, are we?

Happy New Year all.

Well Yogi has done consistently well in the ASX sharetrader contests so his picks are worth noting but in this case I think Shrewdy has done his homework.

Perhaps Yogi is hurting on a MEO short.

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2007, 01:51 PM

Hi folks,

MEO ... up again on average volume and has NOT been able to hold onto the
highs, even with another announcement out today ..... !~!

... so, when the test results come out, we know who will be hurting,
when today's highs turn out to be a double top ... :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
31-12-2007, 02:50 PM
yogi,
I guess we have totally different posting styles... I in the past have clearly not fence sitted and disclosed what I am doing and when I'm doing it... Ive said to buy and in a few cases I have said not to buy after being asked...you on the other hand confuse the h*ll out of me.. How can you put out negative prediction etc and then later on say "well I didnot say you shouldn't have bought"......you told me it looked like backpackers from your end...etc, and you went on and on like that...
you have turned this thread into a circus and I wish you would stay away...
lets get this straight.... I am not a trader, I am an investor so the 'oscillation' dont mean jack.. I invest until what I get out of a company comes through as expected or until something material changes...so profit bells ringing is not necessarly the time for me to sell... had I applied that theory with AED I wouldnot have topped up at $3.7 on the ride up and would have stripped a bagger or less off the market before then... If I was a trader I would have sold VPEO two days later at 7cents for a 10% profit plus exchange rates...
I am in for the realisation of this company and until such times I will hold...
It is like that with every single investment I have held...
MEO is a volatile stock, it is likely to me moving up and down...
Todays announcement was nothing major Yogi, It is a smoke screen for what is really to come... MEO is all about Heron, anything else is just used to twist the investor/trader...
I have clearly said what I was going to do with MEO... I wasnot going to turn down an opportunity to Buy VPEO at 5.9cents... so I sold a few MEO, more prematurely than I would have liked...
I said exactly what I was going to do on this thread perhaps a few pages back if You cared to read it...
I said I was going to sell before flow testing in Epenarra structure but pending on results from the lower formation with discovery..and then pending on flow testing on that formation... I said at the first sight of bad news then I would sell... Now markets turned the SP from $1.45 to $1.13 or whatever, nothing changed with the company in that time...
Theres no hurt in this game Yogi, only missed opportunitys...I dont believe that MEO could inflict "pain" on me... It would need to drop severly for me to break even...
first you told me not to buy... im sorry, 'warned me off the stock'...
and now that you have failed with that, yourve been hammering home the fact that I should have taken profits at the recent spike at $1.45...
what will it be next?
I have asked you to leave before, you keep getting in deeper...
theres no room on this thread topic for both you and me, im not down with this clashing... whos going to go, you or me? your choice?
.^sc

Crypto Crude
31-12-2007, 03:12 PM
With MEO I have been extremely balanced... I have talked about the big upside and the big downside... after it shot up 20% I was no longer suggesting a purchase and Told my dad not to bother...
those that invest now are taking on risk at the top level, and top prices...
I always said the big risks were flow rates and I've tried to be a realist...
Those that invested earlier take on a different set of risks because they are more downside protected with all the profits...
Im out for new years... I've got a brand new avatar coming just for you paul...I'll try and put it up now...
who's going?, The ball is now in your court...
peace out
.^sc

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2007, 03:38 PM

Hi folks,

MEO ... so, let's see what happens in January 2008:

Traders betting on the outcome of current testing, MEO price at
a double-top and the time cycles looking negative ... let's see
how it all unfolds ... :)

25-28012008 ... minor

happy new year

paul

=====

Oiler
31-12-2007, 05:53 PM
yogi,

first you told me not to buy... im sorry, 'warned me off the stock'...
and now that you have failed with that, yourve been hammering home the fact that I should have taken profits at the recent spike at $1.45...
what will it be next?
I have asked you to leave before, you keep getting in deeper...
theres no room on this thread topic for both you and me, im not down with this clashing... whos going to go, you or me? your choice?
.^sc

Shrewdy me ole mate, nobody needs to leave the thread ! Neither you or Yogi.

Yogi has a different investment approach (Astroanalysis) to you which is obviously not your approach, but it certainly seems to work for him given his standing in the ASX competition. Try and keep the personal attacks out, or it will bury you mate.

Yogi leave the Shrewd one alone !

:D:D:D

xynz
31-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Yogi,

I have to admit: you really had me fooled for awhile. Your imitation of a fool who believes in asstrology was dead-on accurate.

The only problem is, you went too far with your joke. The give away was your selective parsing of the data and the dismissal of important points that didn't fit in with your ridiculous “predictions”.

On 16 Nov, when the SP closed at 117: you “claimed” that TROUBLES should start shortly after 11 Dec.

What came after that was a hilarious parody of an asstrologer.

On 12 Dec, the company announced good news from the well and a successful, over-subscribed share placement. The market responded to this news with a SP rise on record breaking volume. You almost went too far in claiming that these were the “troubles” you “predicted”. Because even a foolishly superstitious asstrologer knows that share market TROUBLE refers to a FAILURE or a DISRUPTION.

If the share placement had been under-subscribed: then that would qualify as trouble.

If the share price had gone down after the announcement: then that might have qualified as trouble.

But, neither of those things happened. As I said, you almost went too far with them. Because only a fool who believes in asstrology would classify a successful share placement coinciding with a SP rise as: “troubles”.

Still, at that point, I did believe that you were foolish enough to embrace in all that asstrology rubbish.

But your explanation for your next set of failed predictions just went too far.
=====================

You clearly, distinctly and unequivocally claimed that there would be two NEGATIVE developments between the 24th and 31st of December:

"24-27122007 ... NEGATIVE news expected"
"28-31122007 ... NEGATIVE spotlight on MEO"

There isn't any wiggle room here at all. From the 24th to the last day of the year, your asstrology predicted NEGATIVE developments for MEO.

But during that time interval, there weren't ANY negative developments. Quite the contrary:

27122007:
Weekly drilling report #11 informs us that the Plover sandstone reservoir is so fractured/porous, that the mud losses might preclude drilling all the way to the anticipated gas/water contact.

SP rises 4.44%

28122007:

Company reports LOW carbon, WET gas charged sandstone interval of 164m. Barefoot production testing to commence on 31Dec.

SP rises 5.02%

31122007:

Company reports successful completion of 3d seismic WA-360-P and WA-361-P

SP rises 8.09%

These announcements clearly and unambiguously refuted your predictions of NEGATIVE news and NEGATIVE spotlights.

During the “negative” period between 24Dec-31Dec, the SP posted consistent gains, culminating in today's very robust gain of 8% on solid volume of nearly 2,000,000 shares.

Even someone estranged enough from reality to believe in asstrology, would recognize that the week from 24Dec to 31Dec could not possibly be classified as NEGATIVE NEWS with NEGATIVE SPOTLlGHTS.

Your responses to that week of POSITIVE developments were too funny and too over the top. They “let the cat out of the bag” and revealed that you weren't really serious about that asstrology nonsense.

For example, you were reduced to claiming that the positive news wasn't really positive , because it wasn't positive enough:

------------
“... did you notice that the UP-VOLUME was quite light,
at only 888,000 on Firday ... that means, not everybody
is convinced about the MEO story, right now.

..... no,no no ... what the company actually announced:

"Based on preliminary log interpretation, these sandstones
APPEAR to be gas charged"

... they are only TESTING for what APPEARS to be gas-charged
formations ...”
---------------

It was almost too much; you had me ROTFLing. I found it difficult to believe that even an idiotic asstrologer would be stupid enough to claim that ANY UP-volume was consistent with the NEGATIVE news that they had predicted.

Then on top of that, you also “supported” your negative news/spotlitght prediction by stating MEO was only “TESTING for what APPEARS to be gas-charged formations”. Come ON Yogi, this is an EXPLORATORY drilling program. Who in their right mind is ever going to be STUPID enough to claim that flow testing what appears to be a gas-charged formation is a NEGATIVE development in an EXPLORATORY drilling program?

But you finally went over the edge with the gem that you posted on ShareTrader today*. You posted:
=================
“Fact is, you had a chance to take profits, as high as 1.45, then the price
crashed back to 1.13 ...

..... so, what does your trading plan say, where do you take profits and where
do you cut your losses ... ???

=================
*(Dec31)

How could anybody be asinine enough to claim that selling at 145 would have been more advantageous than selling today, at 147?

After reading that whopper, how can we possibly think you seriously believe in all this asstrology crap?

Unless....

Ohhh....now I see what your game is, Yogi. You don't just want us to believe that you are superstitious enough to believe in asstrology; you want us to go even further. You want us to believe that you have a problem grasping reality.

Well, I must say: Bravo! You have succeeded!

Anyone who ignored Yogi's asstrological blatherings and bought this share at 117 in November, would be be up by 25% when Yogi predicted there would be:

"24-27122007 ... NEGATIVE news expected"
"28-31122007 ... NEGATIVE spotlight on MEO"

So, if you ignored Yogi's asstrology warnings on MEO, then you'd be ahead and making money.

Nothing. Else. Matters.

yogi-in-oz
31-12-2007, 09:01 PM

... yeah, yeah, yeah xynz ... we've heard it all before.

Now, let's just see how the MEO share price unfolds in January,
then we'll see whether today was a double top and who is
in financial pain ... !~!

happy new year

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Yogi has a different investment approach (Astroanalysis) to you which is obviously not your approach, but it certainly seems to work for him given his standing in the ASX competition. Try and keep the personal attacks out, or it will bury you mate.

Whatever happened to oiler2?... Oh well, Nice to meet you anyway oiler...
:D...Im far from buried dude...he has been buried on hCopper MEO, RRS threads for exactly the same things he told me here.....
I am very skeptical of astrology which is far from scientific...I have seen Yogi and his fifty fifty strike rate...
I have no enemies oiler....
All the best to MEO holders...new year, fresh start....
im out............peace to all...lata...
.^sc

duncan macgregor
01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Whatever happened to oiler2?... Oh well, Nice to meet you anyway oiler...
:D...Im far from buried dude...he has been buried on hCopper MEO, RRS threads for exactly the same things he told me here.....
I am very skeptical of astrology which is far from scientific...I have seen Yogi and his fifty fifty strike rate...
I have no enemies oiler....
All the best to MEO holders...new year, fresh start....
im out............peace to all...lata...
.^sc Results is all that matters guys YOGI has had good results in the past and some shockers. He sells his ASTRO stuff to the beleavers in astrology. His ASX selections were plus 8.54% up last updated in nov 2007. His NZX 2007 for the year 2007 finished at minus 7.744. That is his record to judge him on, but to be fair to YOGI NZ had a more than normal cloudy year. The NZ sharebrokers averaged minus 6.3% so perhaps YOGI is doing an apprenticeship to become one. There you go YOGI my old mate i am on your side as usual.
Macdunk

xynz
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM

... yeah, yeah, yeah xynz ... we've heard it all before.

I'm sure you have, Yogi: I have no doubt that you've had similar “successes”.

Now, let's just see how the MEO share price unfolds in January,
then we'll see whether today was a double top and who is
in financial pain ... !~!

=====

Well, if your predictions for January turn out to be as accurate as your December ones, then it will be a very happy new year indeed. It's definitely started that way: rising almost 9% to a historic high of 160.

Wait a minute!

BleuCheesilogical Alert! BleuCheesilogical Alert!

I had some bleu cheese with a snack and the patterns in the bleu veins were like the lines on MEO's palm!

The bleu veins were clear: MEO will experience a significant drop, sometime in January!!

The bleu cheese told me that if the flow rate news is good, then the SP will go even higher and then experience a dramatic fall due to profit taking.

The bleu cheese cautioned that if the flow rate news is bad, then that will be the cause of a dramatic SP fall.

Remember, you heard the BleuCheesAnalysis here first!

yogi-in-oz
03-01-2008, 01:04 AM
The bleu veins were clear: MEO will experience a significant drop, sometime in January!!

..... again, xynz, you are handling the truth very loosely, as here is EXACTLY what
was posted, about the MEO cycles in January 2008:

Hi folks,

As forecast above, expect MORE downside in MEO:

28-31122007 ... negative spotlight on MEO ... :)

25-28012008 ... minor

happy days
paul

=====

Have to admit the market likes the MEO story right now and i expected
that there would be a double-top around 1.45 ... and i got it wrong,
but that's no crime ... even you get it wrong at times, xynz ... !~!

So, let's see how those very specific January cycles pan out for MEO ... :)

happy days

paul

=====

bermuda
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Yogi,
What do the stars say about this trading halt?

Is this your negative news.?

STRAT
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Yogi,

Your imitation of a fool who believes in asstrology was dead-on accurate.

What came after that was a hilarious parody of an asstrologer.

foolishly superstitious

Still, at that point, I did believe that you were foolish enough to embrace in all that asstrology rubbish.

idiotic asstrologer

How could anybody be asinine enough

After reading that whopper, how can we possibly think you seriously believe in all this asstrology crap?

Unless....

Ohhh....now I see what your game is, Yogi. You don't just want us to believe that you are superstitious enough to believe in asstrology; you want us to go even further. You want us to believe that you have a problem grasping reality.You do realize this is an open forum. Right?

Surely you can disagree with another poster and put up an argument without being an abusive.

Uncalled for I recon

duncan macgregor
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
YOGI suffers abuse from predicting share price movements in advance of the event with a record of being less than 100% correct. Nobody ever gets it 100% right all the time. Some people are better than others at predicting, Yogi predicts above the average. This places YOGI in a must read category far above some of the other posters who follow people around sneering at methods, yet saying nothing in advance of the event themselves. I think his astroligy is utter rubbish, and only a smoke screen for selling his books, but i also think he is a wised up TA investor worth keeping tabs on. Macdunk

Oiler
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
YOGI suffers abuse from predicting share price movements in advance of the event with a record of being less than 100% correct. Nobody ever gets it 100% right all the time. Some people are better than others at predicting, Yogi predicts above the average. This places YOGI in a must read category far above some of the other posters who follow people around sneering at methods, yet saying nothing in advance of the event themselves. I think his astroligy is utter rubbish, and only a smoke screen for selling his books, but i also think he is a wised up TA investor worth keeping tabs on. Macdunk

MacDunk this time I have to agree with you :D

When I first started reading YOGI's predictions I also thought the guy was nuts, but he has a system and it works for him, ( he has won the yearly comp for 3 years in a row by quite a margin on one of the boards)

His astroanalysis isnt for everyone, neither are other trading methods suited to everyone, so as they say "to each his own". The guy aint stupid thats for sure !!

STRAT
04-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Yogi,
What do the stars say about this trading halt?

Is this your negative news.?
ASX RELEASE
HERON-2 WELL UPDATE

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (January 4, 2008) -- MEO Australia Limited (ASX: MEO) advises the market that the Heron-2 well has commenced flowing from the gas charged zone of the Heron North Elang/Plover formation. The well flowed gas to surface and is currently undergoing a prolonged clean-up period to clear the drilling fluids from the wellbore and formation.

While drilling the formation, the well experienced significant losses of synthetic based mud (1180 bbls). The formation in proximity to the wellbore was further impaired by the subsequent LCM (loss circulation material) treatment, which effectively inhibited much of the formation’s permeability. The clean-up is required to sample gas and obtain gas flow data in order to make the best estimate of reservoir potential given the possible impact to the formation from the drilling fluids.

The well was shut-in today at approximately 2.30 pm (EST) as the tropical low pressure system located in the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf formed into a category 1 cyclone (Cyclone Helen). The cyclone is within the 500 km radius of the rig, which necessitates the mandatory securing of the rig prior to de-manning.

The cyclone is forecast to move eastward over the weekend across the Northern Territory south of Darwin and is expected to weaken to a tropical low. The rig will re-commence operations upon this reclassification and proceed with the production testing of Heron North.

MEO Australia has entered into a trading halt commencing 10 am today due to these uncertainties. A detailed release will be made before trading recommences at 10 am on January 8, 2008 to allow a more extensive disclosure of the Heron-2 well activities.

xynz
05-01-2008, 01:01 AM
It's not uncommon for clean-up activities to run for an extended period. Good news here is that the well is flowing to the surface...

Initial flow for well cleanup, ie hopefully dislodge LCM and blow out invasive mud filtrate is a quite normal procedure, although unless one knows how long the cleanup has been run and the pressure/volume behaviour there are no conclusions to be drawn. Other than that the reservoir is charged and gas is flowing.

yogi-in-oz
08-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Hi folks,

MEO ... so, let's see what happens in January 2008:

Traders betting on the outcome of current testing, MEO price at
a double-top and the time cycles looking negative ... let's see
how it all unfolds ... :)

25-28012008 ... minor

happy new year

paul

=====

Hi folks,

MEO ..... sure is quiet on this thread, now ... :)

..... could it be, that those that were long last week are too busy with their
sell orders, now that panic has set in, since the announcement ... ???

Sellers lined up, as market gapped down to 118, at open ... !~!

Now, could that be a gap down of more than 40 cents from the close,
at the trading halt ... ???

..... schrewd again, eh xynz ... ???

..... let's see how low MEO will go next week, when the time cycles
posted above come out to play.

Astrostuff wins, again ... !~!

happy days

paul

P.S. ... MEO has traded as high as 1.24 and had a low of 1.14, so far today
and currently trading at 1.22 ...

=====

Serpie
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of astro-stuff, but I do love a good scrap. Looking forward to seeing this one unfold!
Might have to go and re-read your predications for AZZ Yogi.

Crypto Crude
08-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Yogi,
I would consider myself an investor but in this case Im a trader...
I posted what the risks would be, which were clearly posted as being with the flow rates.....
Yes I spat my last few shares out this morning, still at a 10% profit not included exchange rates and above $1.20
...This has paid for over half my course fees this year at uni...
So MEO has been good to me and mr xynz is in the same position as myself... The recent SP rise from $1.20 to $1.59 had reduced our risks and we effectively got a free flow testing of secondary formation...
6MCF is nothing but flow testing isnot complete at this stage... one would think 250MCF would be minimum for a project like this...
With the primary target still to be tested then I wasnot expecting MEO to crash big...
I said I was selling at first sight of bad news...
Im happy Paul, I didnot make the most optimal profits, but still made them...
The only reason why the MEO thread became 'quiet' was because you turned it into a circus...
Yogi, I hope to have more constructive debates with you in the future rather than just name calling coming from you...
im fully out....
luck to yah/ yah-all...
.^sc

xynz
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi folks,

Astrostuff wins, again ... !~!

=====

Wait a minute, if we listened to the Asstrostuff in the first place, then MEO's fall to mid-December levels would not make one bit of difference too us.

Yogi is telling us that if we listened to him, then we would have been able to get out at 160.

If only we had listened to his Asstroanal-ysis, then we'd be sitting on tidy profits.

However, if we had listened to his Asstroanal-ysis, then we wouldn't have bought MEO in the first place. If we heeded his Ass-stuff, then we wouldn't have been holding MEO, when it made its run up to 160.

Yogi is berating us for ignoring his January predictions, thereby losing the gains that we made by ignoring his December predictions.

Yogi, make up your mind, will you? You're not much better than a coin flip:

Heads = Buy/Don't Sell
Tails = Sell/Don't Buy

Yogi's coin flip for Dec comes up tails....but we ignore it and ride the SP from 115 to 160.

Yogi's coin was wrong.

Yogi's coin flip for Jan comes up tails....but we ignore it and ride the SP from 160 to 120.

Yogi's coin flip was right.

Yogi's coin has a 50/50 chance of getting it right.....which is precisely what it should be. So, if "winning" for Asstroanalysis means being as accurate a predictor as a coin flip, then it's certainly doing the job.

But, why bother will all that Ass stuff, when you could just flip a coin and have the same results?

yogi-in-oz
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Hi folks,

As forecast above, expecting MORE downside in MEO, and further
verified by today's price action, as MEO was TOO WEAK to hold
onto intraday highs:

25-28012008 ... minor

25-26022008 ... positive light on MEO and first signs of recovery ???

happy days

paul

xynz
11-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Hi folks,

onto intraday highs:

25-28012008 ... minor

happy days

paul

So, yogi is saying that ALL of January and most of February will be a bad time to be holding MEO. He's saying there won't be any significantly good news that causes the SP to gap upwards for at least 6 weeks.

Yogi is essentially saying there won't be a successful production test during that time period.

Yogi is saying that the new drill to the E/P sands will fail to deliver a good production test.

Yogi is saying that Epenarra's production test will fail.

Because if either of those tests are successful, then the SP is going to rocket upwards to historic highs.

yogi-in-oz
14-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Posted 29 December 2007:

Hi folks,

onto intraday highs:

25-28012008 ... minor

happy days

paul

Hi folks,

MEO ..... as per post above, it sure looks like MEO is dropping like a stone,
again today ... and right on time, too ... !~!

Fundamentals are too slow ... it matters not, how good a story may appear
or what the reason behind the change in market sentiment may be ... changes
in sentiment frequently happen, when the markets least expect it and greedy
investors go from winning positions to losing positions, very quickly .....

..... astrostuff wins again ... !~!

have a great day

paul

=====

duncan macgregor
14-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Well done YOGI. All you have to do now is give a reasonable explanation to how movements of the planets can have any bearing on individual companies share prices to prove a point. Macdunk

yogi-in-oz
14-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Well done YOGI. All you have to do now is give a reasonable explanation to how movements of the planets can have any bearing on individual companies share prices to prove a point. Macdunk

Hi Dunk,

Movements of the planets have NO BEARING on individual companies ... instead,
they are used as a "cosmic clock" to measure cycles of time, very accurately ... :)

have a great day

paul

Serpie
15-01-2008, 11:43 AM
A huge points victory for Yogi today.
MEO slammed on bad news - right in the middle of Yogi's date range.

yogi-in-oz
15-01-2008, 12:27 PM
A huge points victory for Yogi today.
MEO slammed on bad news - right in the middle of Yogi's date range.

..... thank you Lord ... justice is done ... !~!

=====

Crypto Crude
15-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Serpie,
Yogi got it teriffically right in Jan, but horribly wrong in Dec...
I got it right in Dec, and got it right in Jan when I sold out... We got A good sniff with a door half opened, and it was well worth the investment until flow rate data was ann...
but at that stage, Traders had pushed the SP up to $1.60, so that on re-open they could dump there shares at $1.20 (which was where it originally was)...

Half points to Yogi id say... Im taking the other half...

Yes original flow testing data ,ann of 6MCF was poor, so I sold on that down day after trading halt....
I have to agree with Yogi now, and I had changed my position stance last week, and had clearly stated I was with Yogis summation on HC...
They are a bunch of rampers...
Good effort Yogi... you came through in the end....
.^sc

duncan macgregor
16-01-2008, 08:46 PM
SECTOR SURFER, I do think ASTRLOGY IS RUBBISH. However i dont pick on one low score in a investing contest out of text without giving credit for his other high scores. Its only fair to keep your critisizm of his bad performances with praise for his good performances.
Yogi plays the TA game in the market, and sells his Astrology books to the beleavers.
You on the otherhand only appear to be a tall poppy barber, snipping away at anyone who dares to forecast anything. Macdunk

Wysiwyg
17-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Just about every oiler has a positive and negative report during their drilling program.The "chance" of a positive/negative report being announced within prophecised dates is greater with oilers due to their inherent uncertainty.

See through the smoke.God doesnt play the stock market.

yogi-in-oz
21-01-2008, 11:28 AM

Hi folks,

onto intraday highs:

25-28012008 ... minor

happy days

paul

Hi folks,

MEO Australia Limited
HERON-2 WELL UPDATE
Key Points:
• Epenarra Darwin production test unsuccessful
• Joint Venture reviewing option to P&A or suspend Heron-2

-----

As forecast above, it is all over ..... !~!

have a great day

paul

=====

yogi-in-oz
21-01-2008, 12:22 PM
So, yogi is saying that ALL of January and most of February will be a bad time to be holding MEO. He's saying there won't be any significantly good news that causes the SP to gap upwards for at least 6 weeks.

Yogi is essentially saying there won't be a successful production test during that time period.

Yogi is saying that the new drill to the E/P sands will fail to deliver a good production test.

Yogi is saying that Epenarra's production test will fail.

..... yep, that's right xynz, it's all over ... !~!

Commisserations to all those who averaged down, as MEO slid back, last week.

happy days ahead

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
22-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Yogi,
I just think how lucky we were to get that first production testing report when sp fell to $1.20 and how poor it read...
I could have been destroyed big time otherwise...
catchyah round and thanks for your input...
.^sc

STRAT
30-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow down to 20c and back up to 53c
Where to for this one now fellas.

Wysiwyg
31-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Well done Y.I.A. for the call on Heron 2.:o A p & a it is.

ScrappyO
25-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Hi folks,

onto intraday highs:

25-28012008 ... minor

happy days

paul

Anyone still interested in MEO

yogi-in-oz
25-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Anyone still interested in MEO

Posted 13122008:

Hi folks,

MEO ..... despite the current hype, still figuring on some negative time
cycles coming into play, soon:

24-31122007 ..... negative news, brings negative spotlight to MEO

04-07012008 ..... minor

11-18012008 ..... 2 negative cycles ... a BIIIG downmove ... ???

26-30012008 ..... 2 negative cycles ... finance-related ... ???

22-26022008 ..... positive aspect to bring first signs of recovery ... :)

happy days

paul

=====

Hi folks,

MEO ... as forecast above ..... positive news comes in, right on time ... !~!

..... and more positive MEO news is expected in March, with several
positive time cycles coming into play, around 17-24033008 ..... :)

But, be alert for a negative spotlight on MEO shortly after, around 26-27032008.

have a great day

paul

=====

ScrappyO
25-02-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.meoaustralia.com.au/!upload_files/attachment/The%20Mining%20Chronicle-%20Heron-2%20well%20one%20step%20closer%20to%20big%20fish%2 0-%20February%202008.PDF

This Article makes Heron-2 a success? But traders/investors didnt think so.
Article dated 19th feb 2008?

Interested to hear anyone's opinion on it.

ScrappyO
03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Booked a good profit today after that ann...To chicken to hold onto especially after it bombed at the beginning of the year on Heron.

skeet
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
International Presentation today, very positive.

skeet
03-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Just wondering what everyones thought as to where this sp is going. News seems pretty positive about meo, shares are pretty well traded but the sp isnt going anywere. If this was a positive period in the stock market i think I would alot happier. I didnt really want to hold on to them for long but looks i will be now!

Crypto Crude
05-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh god skeet...
I have a major concern...
This is a short term investment, not a long term investment...
I will explain why...
Heron well flow tested at uneconomical rates...
Blackwood is the same geology... they wouldnot flow test it... They booked it as a discovery well only...
You see, discovery was never going to be an issue with these wells... it was and still is all about flow rate risk... I went all in at one stage because discovery looked like a sure thing...

Im just absolutely beside myself with why they wouldnot want to flow test it then and there..
They cannot ethically proceed this project until they do so...
I know the reason why they did not flow test it !...
IMO its all just smoke and mirrors mate.........
The biggest risk in this investment is flow testing and was the sole reason why I got out in the end all above $1.20...
Blackwood willnot flow test at economical rates... But, in the short term anything is possible with manipulation and speculation that this project could be the monster that it was thought to be....

Theres so much gas down there its not funny...
id say that with this investment twenty birds in the bush is worth 1 bird in the hand.... it maybe a big resource...
whats the resource worth? not much in my view if it cant be bought to the surface at a profit...

MEO need a JV partner, and I struggle to believe that one is coming...
or a sohpicated one at least...
One day Gas/condensate will flow from this permit, new drilling techniques will come, technology inprovements etc... MEO will be long gone when that stage comes...

This post isnot intended for you to sell... its my view only... in the short term anything is possible as I said... much better plays in the market place I reckon... DYOR...

I went to HC a few weeks/month or so back and gunned them all down about this stock...
they were stark raving rampant lunatics...
Im finished with MEO forever... boy I could have lost my shirt big time...
.^sc

skeet
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
My intentions where for a short term hold (Bought at .265) I havent won or lost at this point, blah who knows, maybe I rushed into this one...

skeet
20-05-2008, 03:25 PM
New CEO appointed

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20080520/pdf/3196tn5tzqgfn0.pdf

brettdale
20-05-2008, 03:48 PM
My intentions where for a short term hold (Bought at .265) I havent won or lost at this point, blah who knows, maybe I rushed into this one...

Its now at .275, so you have gained!

skeet
20-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Its now at .275, so you have gained!
:D

It was up 32.5 last week :P

SCHUMACHER
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
MEO, is getting interesting....some massive bids today with volume over 25 million shares traded........opened at 47 and close at 58.5c ....someone bought 4 million shares at 58.5c.....VWAP today 55c...which is very impressive on such a down day.....i suspect there is insider buying now and we could see the shareprice back into the 80c range in no time at all.....tomorrow will give an indication as to what is going on if the buying continues....the recent Tolhurst report gives MEO a price target valuation of $1.98c ....with an unrisked value of $12.18c share.....now thats impressive......

dont forget 2 x 50 million share placements in June and december 2007 ...the former at $1.00/share and the latter at $1.25c /share......MEO is an exciting emerging Methanol producer which could see the shareprice literally skyrocket in the next 6 to 12 months.....cheers Schu

Crypto Crude
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
schumacher,
I would not get away with saying this anywhere else... This company is on the brink of being fraudulent... The Tolhurst valuation of $1.98 is Fake and technically worse than the Range (RRS) valuation of $7 we picked to bits....
Blackwood was not Flow tested for obvious reasons...
Heron flow tested uneconomical....
Large investors have lost lots so they manipulate the stock up so they can set a new floor and trade their losses at higher prices...
let the SP sink and buy then back at a lower price, and pump it again...
its all pretty sick, and no doubt those large investors with heavy losses will get their money back...
A few million dollars in a quick flurry of buying can boost the SP, and then they can sell into a higher price range once the new floor price is set...
Amateur investors see the $1.98 valuation and start blinking their eyes...
Large investors sell into amateurs coming through...
MEO is in a far worse position than AED is in...
This is a good trading stock.... Investment wise, I cant see anything Worse than this in the Oil industry... Even Lake's Oil's Tight Gas play is a better bet...
Massive dilution has already occured...
Unless this gets taken over, or some Large JV comes to the rescue, then maybe oh maybe... Infact its already over because I seriously doubt how any other company could percieve this as investment grade material with the drilling results so far...
Blackwood is Gone, Heron is gone...
MEO has already started to back away from this direction by pursuing Zeus which is a 4th quarter large target well with CUE...
without Zeus then the company is finished...
it will try and jump on the back of rising Gas prices and push a project...
serious work needs to be done to get this project up and running...

Investing is a waste of time...Run with the large investors and you could make great Trading profits...
what a foney company this has become...
.^sc

COLIN
12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
schumacher,
I would not get away with saying this anywhere else... This company is on the brink of being fraudulent... The Tolhurst valuation of $1.98 is a More Foney than that Range RRS valuation of $7....
Blackwood was not Flow tested...
Heron flow tested uneconomical....
Large investors have lost lots so they manipulate the stock up so they can set a new floor and trade their losses into profits...
A few million can boost the SP, and then they can sell into a new price range...
MEO is in a far worse position than AED is in...
This is a good trading stock.... Investment wise, I cant see anything Worse than this in the Oil industry... Even Lake's Oil's Tight Gas play is a better bet...
Massive dilution has already occured...
Unless this gets taken over, or some Large JV comes to the rescue, then maybe oh maybe... Infact its already over because I seriously doubt how any other company could percieve this as investment grade material with the drilling results so far...
Blackwood is Gone, Heron is gone...
MEO has already started to back away from these wells by pursuing Zeus which is a 4th quarter large target well with CUE...
Investing is a waste of time... Trading could make profits...
what a foney company this has become...
.^sc

Gee, thanks for that, my shrewd friend. I was just starting to show a bit of interest following Ralph Schumacher's post. Sounds like you may have saved me from a terrible fate.

Crypto Crude
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Colin,
Anything is possible with MEO in terms SP direction... theres no telling what Manipulation can do, and already has done...
MEO is further away from a viable project now compared to before it drilled Heron, Blackwood.. theres no way on god damn Earth the Tolhurst Valuation can increase after existing failure...
blackwood would flow similar to Heron as geology is same, therefore they did not flow test it to protect a completely written off company...
I tried to upload the Recent Tolhurst valuation and post it here but the file was too big for ST to accept.....
Im pretty sure it will be somewhere on the MEO web page, or drop me a PM with your Email address if you want to see it.....
I almost lost my shirt on this stock....DYOR...
have alook at CTP...70 TCF... worth $300 billion... market cap less than 100m... drilling in a few weeks... Im in... I will provide my research on sunday...
bye...
.^sc

SCHUMACHER
12-06-2008, 09:56 PM
SCREWD CRUDE.....I find your post extreemly amusing since you are not an expert and commenting that MEO haS ni substance or potentially economically viable projects...can you base your arguements with any facts........??
I read your previous posts and it appears you have had a personal issue with their falling shareprice.....and the substancial drop in shareprice from $1.62 high........lets face it....companies over their life cycles make mistakes....dosent mean they cant recover and find an economical project......I dont have a crystal ball but MEO may be on the up .....always remember "the past does not necessarily equal the future"........Moving forward they have completed the seismic report recently announced so it will be interesting to see what develops from here.......my main issue with your post is why you are rubbishing a report that has a professional image to uphold....and if you read the report properly you will see that the initial valuation target is .85c with a risked valuation on the methanol project of .54c + total valuation for the gas and the production facility is 85c per MEO share- well in excess of current price......lets just wait and see what happens shall we...

someone bought 4 milllion at 58.5c today so unless they have far too much money to burn i suspect they know more than us ..as that is a lot of cash!!!!
cheers SCHU

SCHUMACHER
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
SCREUD CRUDE...HERE IS THE LINK TO THE REPORT

http://www.meoaustralia.com.au/!upload_files%5Cattachment%5CMEO28May08.pdf

CHEERS SCHU

SCHUMACHER
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I see the the new CEO is either from or has come from Tolhurst:

Mr. Jurgen Hendrich works or recectly worked for Tollhurst. He has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer with effect from June 16, 2008. Mr. Hendrich brings over 24 years oil industry and investment banking experience to MEO Australia. He commenced his career as a petroleum geologist with Esso Australia in 1984. During his 12 year career with Esso, he enjoyed a variety of specialist technical roles in Australia and Norway, before advancing to commercial roles including strategic planning and joint venture (Cooper Basin) relations. In 1996, Mr. Hendrich joined J B Were (now Goldman Sachs J B Were) and quickly established a reputation as a top ranking Energy Analyst. In 2001 he founded his own consulting company specialising in providing strategic advice and attracting investment capital to early stage resources companies. He joined broking firm, Tolhurst Limited in early 2005 and for the past two years has been a Director of Corporate Finance.

Has lots of credentials

Crypto Crude
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I find your post extreemly amusing since you are not an expert and commenting that MEO haS ni substance or potentially economically viable projects...can you base your arguements with any facts

schumacher,
Look man, Your right.. I am not an expert...
Im just a keen oil man, who plays the spec end of the market only... and Infact all of these oil investments ive ever posted about would be considered "Learn as I go", type plays...
Now, I could pull up facts, and present you with a proper thought provoking write up.. BUT...
To be honest mate, I dont care for the time it would take me to gather and present it....

One thing for sure is that Current drilling techniques Suggest to me that Flow rates willnot be economical and Flow testing Blackwood was very important so they could gather information for a future Horizontal Well...
Very large inground resource... Inground is where I believe this one will stay...
Pray for Zeus...
.^sc

SCHUMACHER
13-06-2008, 07:31 AM
SHREUD CRUDE......Ive looked at NWS (Northwest shelf ) permits and ZEUS -1 is one of several targets existing over 3 permits.....Apparently the conditions of those permits WA-359-P WA360-P and WA371-P require MEO to decide whether to excercise an option to drill further wels in the farm in areas....the first well ZEUS-1 in WA361-P is scheduled to commence October 08......this would complete the farmin obligations and would also give a definate sign of the prospectivity of the other 2 permits....its a strategy to enable the ongoing possibility before having to commit to 2 other wells....makes sence........this is why Blackwood has gone on the short term backburner until 2nd quarter 2009 ....they will be retesting blackwoon and hERON .....I ALSO BELIEVE THAT MEO are in talks with 2 -3 interested parties re: farmin, ...coupled with the seismic survey completed....i think there is plenty of upside from here......as you say the key is farmin deals so they can be releived of the collosal expence to drill.......if they can shift 90% of the drilling costs to another company for 30% of the project , it seems good economic sence then the risk is reduced substancially.....CHEERS SCHUMACHER

P.S there was massive buying yesterday and as i previously stated , someone bought 4 million worth at 58.5c ......the stage is set, however i dont recommend other sharetrader members to invest in MEO without doing their homework first!!....regards SChu

Crypto Crude
13-06-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks shoe macker,
yes this could easily blow out on hype factor... I cant see much value behind the company which is why I said this will be a good trading stock but not a good investing stock...
Too many other good companies around to be picking over dead carcus material...
wish you all the best...
You almost got me into DYL... damn, felt like I missed the boat on that one...
later...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
15-06-2008, 12:23 PM
The only thing that makes sense to me is that Hype, Manipulation has added all this value to MEO over the last month.......
Some of the hype has come from Tolhurst Valuation of $1.98
The Manipulation has come from Large institutional holders, and Large Investors who drive this SP up...

There has been no material increase in real VALUE attributable to MEO since Late Jan when SP hit 16c...
At that stage they were flush with cash before they spent it all on Blackwood...

Without Real Value,
You end up getting played like a fiddle, through pumping and dumping, and other behaviours which try to capture the market...

What Im saying is "Large institutions Control this Share Price"...

Look at what Xtract is doing.... bought 5 million shares in April, sold them on 3rd June, Check Annoucement...

Its all just smoke and mirrors in my point of view...
If you like this Project so much, then Come back just before Blackwood re-entry... Im sure that SP will hit 20cents within the next year Unless Zeus comes through...

Just watch CUE for REAL direction as to how Zeus plays out.....
CUE Could be worth a play for Zeus, and is surely the Best entry out of the Two..
cue (has Developing Projects, unlike MEO)...
I will follow MEO all the way, as Im still learning here and I am no Expert...I have learnt more from loser stocks like MEO and RRS than I have from any winner I've ever had...
The only real question that you need to ask yourself is...

Is Heron and Blackwood a potential developing GTL project...?
re- at this stage I say no...
Applied drilling techniques, Horizontal drilling perhaps...
MEO have given no indication as to how they are going to Achieve economical flow rates... All they have told us is they have planned for is Four Wells next year, dependant on major farm in...
This is going to be worse than how AED's Puffin has become...

I guess sometimes things were not meant to make sense in this game...Just like with RPM... Im picking MEO to head lower in the Long term...
Could be a very good trading stock...

So in conclusion, what I am saying is...
If you are Thinking of investing into MEO, wait until just before well re-entry to reduce risk... Share price is way overvalued when taking into account all the risks... Plenty of selling reducing the Sting out of A LARGE PUMP... and Theres much better oil investments around, than poor little MEO dead carcus...

Could the Recent run of SP be some sort of a takeover play, or speculating on a farm in...?
MEO will fall back to 20cents in 3 months if neither come...

My views are pretty one sided... I am speculating that GTL will never get off the ground... it will take plenty of time before market completely writes it off...
DYOR...
any thoughts please...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
01-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Schumacher,
If you lot want a good reference company to check out... have alook at TSV... Market cap a fraction of MEO's...
MEO-worst stock I have ever seen valued in 200 million dollar range...
cant believe this, what an outrage...
I was going to tip this stock in the Sharescene trading competition as a short pick...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Haha,
been gunning them down on HC...
SP is teetering on the edge...
Big selling pressure...
will those Large institutional holders hold this stock artifically high for much longer?
.^sc

ELYOB
02-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Agree with you SC ..... But this Zeus is the biggest thing around in 2008 , if they cant do something with this they are idiots completely.

CUE is a matter of weeks away of moving......its the one to hold IMHO

Crypto Crude
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
ELYOB,
MEO in trading halt...
Perhaps a 2nd life with farm in partner coming...
.^sc

ScrappyO
03-07-2008, 08:52 PM
ELYOB,
MEO in trading halt...
Perhaps a 2nd life with farm in partner coming...
.^sc

yip
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/showAnnouncementPDF.do?idsID=00857391

ELYOB
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
There you have it , the biggest play for 2008 . MEO has done ok here . One other to shine is the CUE ....

CUE is under valued and is set for a big ride going forward now ;

Zeus mega max play ...cue has 20% and may end up with the same share as MEO in the long run nearly.

Maari Oil ...a great development ...with HZN etc.,.

Spikey Beach well ...in Dec08 ...with BPT

Wortel developments ....with Santos

are just some of the events for the CUE .

Crypto Crude
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
ELYOB,
The future cashflows alone have CUE at 50 CPS...
Completely ignoring Jeruk, and exploration upside...
One of my favourite companies...
Much better entry in CUE than MEO...
So MEO did get a second life!...
Im completely surprised that a white Knight would ever come for MEO...
its nothing more than a dead carcus, with a high impact well of Zeus...
.^sc

duncan macgregor
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
ELYOB,
The future cashflows alone have CUE at 50 CPS...
Completely ignoring Jeruk, and exploration upside...
One of my favourite companies...
Much better entry in CUE than MEO...
So MEO did get a second life!...
Im completely surprised that a white Knight would ever come for MEO...
its nothing more than a dead carcus, with a high impact well of Zeus...
.^sc SHREWDY, Speaking from a pure TA point of view CUE is not a buy until it crosses 25c. Never buy anything ever trading below the 30 day moving average is my golden rule. Three years ago the sp was 20c today its 24c which is hardly a great return in that then bull market. The sp is in a steep downtrend with a dead cat bounce of 1c today hardly a flaming match to light a rocket. If i bought it would be at 26c with a bit of fundamental analysis to back my TA entry which would not only include company fundamentals but market fundamentals. Market perception is more important than company fundamentals in a downtrending market. Macdunk

ELYOB
04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
CUE should be discussed on the cue board ........Ithink it maybe time we all discussed this stock as it is going to be activated in 4 weeks . I want info on Singapore Petroleum if anyone knows ???????????????????????????????

Crypto Crude
22-08-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MEO&E=ASX&N=303786
.^sc

Crypto Crude
29-09-2008, 03:00 PM
schumacher-i suspect there is insider buying now and we could see the shareprice back into the 80c range in no time at all

schumacher-SCREWD CRUDE.....I find your post extreemly amusing since you are not an expert and commenting that MEO haS ni substance or potentially economically viable projects

schumacher,
Its interesting to note that MEO has now fallen 62% since you tipped it off here... For a moment there I was ripping my hair out trying to see where the value was in this company... meo is not worth hundreds of millions of dollars for Zeus and a few farmins into the Northwest shelf....
;)
.^sc

Crypto Crude
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
MEO now trading at 15cents... major new lows... poor asset quality...(bar Zeus)...
.^sc

SCHUMACHER
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
SCHREWD CRUDE........Its easy to come back months later after my comments and say i told you so..........for one , the credit crisis was not coming into play like it has in the past 2 months with some very reputable names like Leymans ...Washington Mutual Wachovia,...and more coming under fire.........regardless of what i said months ago.....i cannot control Wall street....lol (now that was funny).........take a look at other stocks that have cash in the bank and are previous market darlings" have they survived???? no .....nothing has survived the pain of wall street..........im down $40k for 2008 and have taken it like a man.............i think once this turmoil settles down.....(no time limit ) then the companies that have cash/assets etc will prosper again........regards Schu..........p.s i admit to selling MEO when some time back now....purely based on my stop losses and i actually bought back in today at 16c ,....mainly because its oversold ........speak to you soon.........cheers SCHU

Crypto Crude
06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
schumacher,
I appreciate your posting and research on PEN... Im going to get some of these next year...
.^sc

SCHUMACHER
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
SHREWD CRUDE

Yes PEN is definately one to put in the bottom draw.....its got great future potential and even warrick Grigir from FAR EAST CAPITAL" has given it the thumbs up as he has with AGS

PEN and AGS are 2 of the lowest cost producers in the Uranium sector according to Far East Capitals U report..........I can send it to you if you wish to see it........it shows an evaluation of PEN and AGS in relation to the likes of DYL which he is saying was over priced when it was trading in the 30-40c range...and that DYLs payback was around 9 years whereas AGS was around 9 months ....amazing!! PEN payback was around 18 months

. I bought some AGS at 56c today..........also bought more MEO at 15.5c ....most stocks oversold now so its a waiting game to get a small bounce............heck i even bought DYL today at 16.5c.........its been a long time between drinks for my association with DYL.....
Cheers SCHU

Crypto Crude
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
That would be appreciated Schu,
I will send you a PM.....

Just be careful with MEO...
I have a feeling that RDI might not List this year (it would make perfect sense for them to delay)... the IPO will be priced much lower...
This will devastate MEO if RDI does not list......
.^sc

SCHUMACHER
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Schrewd......i think you may be right .....i sold remainder out at todays open.....sold yesterday also when it failed 15c......im out for now and will wait for RDI ipo if it happens at all......I would be surprised like you in the current economic climate....

markets too unpredictable and i would rather preserve cash..........we have a global cash problem not limited to USA.....i saw the FTSE100 DAX, NIKKEI Markets get a hammering last nite ......now that we are entering a recession it will be hard to trade for a dollar...

long term (whatever that means ) the markets will correct , but its whether we have the patience to buy and hold.....right now i would rather wait until all the turmoil settles down on some of the more riskier stocks.....take a look at PNA for instance....a so called quality stock back down in the 30c range.........even Uranium stocks got a punnishing blow over the past few days.....AGS down to 42c ......i bought in at 56c recently so i will just hold that one as they have lots of cash in the bank and will be producing U in a little over 12 months.......the current U spot price is ugly ...sitting at $49.....been a very long time since it was at this level.......anyways , the energy stocks are the ones im looking at for the next 2 years as we all need power/gas from the likes of coal & uranium in the coming decade......and lots of it!!....cheers Schu

Crypto Crude
21-01-2009, 09:50 AM
MEO has risen very strongly over the last few weeks...
monster target well Zeus has spudded...
in the lead up the SP has climbed 200%...
The share price is far ahead of where it should be...

The rerate can only be factoring in a Higher chance of discovery, which is plain wrong because discovery risks still stand... Meo has a 125million dollar market cap, for the asset of Zeus only...

Risk return not optimal... if you are holding MEO, sell the lot and buy CUE...
MEO will trend to 5 cents after Zeus if it goes bad...

The SP is being manipulated up again, just like last time...
becareful of these big buyers and big sellers...
they are trying to send you mixed signals...
.^sc

yogi-in-oz
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Hi folks,

MEO ... as requested, here's our astroanalysis, over coming months:

11-13022009 ..... 2 negative time cycles.

19-20022009 ..... another difficult cycle expected.

24-25022009 ..... a short, but positive spotlight on MEO

12-13032009 ..... positive news expected here

23-24032009 ..... a short, but positive move

27-30032009 ..... 3 negative cycles to focus a
negative spotlight and negative news on MEO

13042009 ..... minor and positive news expected

27042009 ..... minor and positive spotlight on MEO

3004-01052009 ... negative time cycle expected

08052009 ..... more negativity (price = 12022009???)

27-28052009 ..... minor cycle

09-10062009 ..... minor and positive cycle

12-15062009 ..... minor and positive cycle

19-22062009 ..... minor time cycle

26-29062009 ... a very positive spotlight on MEO

More later.

happy trading

paul

=====

lewinsky
19-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Does Yogi write the ASI report?
His prediction is spot on as MEO is off for a gallop today after a very positive write up in the ASI.
Well done that Yogi.
Could be worth watching as they tipped BOW at 17 cents and recommended selling at $1 plus.

LEW

yogi-in-oz
22-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Does Yogi write the ASI report?
His prediction is spot on as MEO is off for a gallop today after a very positive write up in the ASI.
Well done that Yogi.
Could be worth watching as they tipped BOW at 17 cents and recommended selling at $1 plus.

LEW

Posted 21062009

Hi folks,

So, now it is TIME to look at MEO, again ... :)

MEO ... off its recent lows, with good supporting volumes last week and
expecting more action, towards the end of this week, so as requested,
here’s our astroanalysis, over coming months:

26-29062009 ..... a very positive spotlight on MEO

06-07072009 ..... significant and positive news expected here.

10-13072009 ..... minor cycle

20-21072009 ..... 3 minor and positive time cycles in play

29072009 ..... minor cycle

06-07082009 ..... 2 significant time cycles, should also bring
some positive news, as well.

28-31082009 ..... minor and positive spotlight on MEO

01092009 ..... significant and negative time cycle ... finance-related ???

05092009 ..... short and aggressive rally expected here.

07092009 ..... significant and negative news expected here.

25-28092009 ..... minor and positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

29-30092009 ..... negative spotlight on MEO

14102009 ..... significant and negative news expected here.

20102009 ..... another significant and negative time cycle

29-30102009 ..... 2 time cycles and positive spotlight on MEO

02112009 ..... significant an positive news expected here

13112009 ..... another positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

20112009 ..... minor cycle

27-30112009 ... minor cycle

07122009 ..... minor cycle

10122009 ..... significant and negative news expected ... ???

28-31122009 ..... 2cycles to bring a negative spotlight onto MEO

More later.

An updated MEO chart is linked below.

happy trading

paul

P.S ... HAO should also react to the same time cycles, as detailed above for MEO ..... :)

=====

lewinsky
29-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Well done Yogi, price up 3.5 cents today on 11 million turnover. Trading faster than a South Carolina republican going to Buenos Aires.

This was written up in ASI.

Well worth keeping on your radar.

LEW

yogi-in-oz
29-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Well done Yogi, price up 3.5 cents today on 11 million turnover. Trading faster than a South Carolina republican going to Buenos Aires.

This was written up in ASI.

Well worth keeping on your radar.

LEW

Many thanks for the vote of confidence, Lew ... :)

Again today, MEO confirmed our astroanalysis, by trading
to the script, posted above.

happy trading

paul

=====

Ponda
01-07-2009, 04:28 PM
What do the TA guys think of this stock?
Over the last few days it has been trending upwards with large volumes.
I see the Shrewdie has put his concerns down at the start of the year. Do you still have worries, SC.
A look on the charts shows that the 30 day MA has crossed over the 100 day MA with large numbers as well. Back in Frebruary when they crossed over on a down trend it continued to carry on down, but when it crosses over on an unptrend, is that a good sign?
Over a million sellers at 26 cents but then what?
Just Pondering

Disc: Hold MEO

Crypto Crude
01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Ponda,
Do you read Hotcopper?
I have been posting there...
MEO is the most overvalued stock I can see out of all ASX oilers...
I struggle to see value over 10 CPS...(pre farmin partner)...
There is serious manipulation going on...
The market cap is now over one hundred million dollars, which makes it very poor value for an exploration company...
Ignoring Tassie Shoals, this is probably the most expensive exploration stage oiler in the World...
This is a hype play, If you are after value then you are looking in the wrong place...
manipulation can do anything in the short term...
its the only thing I can put this down to...

If you want the risk of exploration stage then have alook at FAR...
its a fraction of the market cap, and is on track to drill a billion barrel target in Senergal at some stage...

this is all in IMO...
last year Skeet had a good trade on MEO...
so you never know...
this is definately a trading stock... not an investing stock...
If you go in with this mentality, and ready to bounce any minute, then you could do ok...
not my style...
.^sc

Ponda
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for your comments SC.
Very informative as always.
I don't like holding on to too many stocks for very long (2-3weeks are fine by me), whereas I do have a couple that I would keep forever.
MEO is just a trading stock for me and I was curious as to what others thoughts are as to how far it could potentially go to.
I haven't checked out HC yet but will do so at some stage soon.
Thanks again SC

Phaedrus
01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Ponda, MEO has been in a downtrend since January 2008. While it is possible to profitably trade the "medium term" uptrends that are part of this overall downtrend, this must be regarded as high risk behaviour. It is much easier making money on rising stocks!

If "counter-trend" trading interests you, you might like to set yourself up a system something like the simple one suggested here which uses a moving average and a slow Stochastic oscillator. These 2 very different indicators give signals with a high degree of coincidence, often firing on the same day. This setup is just a quick "off the cuff" suggestion. There are literally scores of different techniques and indicators that could be used here. This profitable system will at least give you some sort of performance yardstick against which you can compare your own ideas.

http://h1.ripway.com/78963/MEO71.gif

The Green arrows mark Buy signals, the Red arrows mark Sell signals. You can see that such a system would currently have you holding MEO - but right now, this does not appear to be a stock suitable for "buying and holding" longterm. I hope you have an exit strategy in place!

Ponda
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Phaedrus,
Thanks for posting that chart. I have been trying (very trying) to find a chart that even resembles what you have posted. I tried with the incredible charts but 'twas way to complicated for me. There were far too many lines and dots and blips and ???? I think that I need some form of chart that is simple. Like the one above appears to be.
With all of my trades I do have an exit strategy in place, especially the uptrending ones. I have a $ value that I want out of the trade and once that is accomplished I am happy to leave the trade. That way the 'fear/greed factor' doesn't come into it.
I have yet to find an exit for the down trending ones. Hence the reason that I am holding a few that have got paper losses, hoping that they will come back up.
Thanks for your help.

Phaedrus
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Ponda, as a general principle, the idea is to cut your losers and let your winners run. From what you say it sounds as though you are doing exactly the opposite.

You say that you have an exit strategy in place.... "I have a $ value that I want out of the trade and once that is accomplished I am happy to leave the trade". This is capping your winners and not letting them run. Who knows how high they will go? By selling as soon as your $ target is met, you are ensuring that you will never get any really big wins. There is another problem. Say your MEO target price is 40 cents and the price runs up to 35 cents then begins to fall at, say, a cent/day. When will you sell? Would you still be holding, waiting for your target to be hit while MEO tracked all the way back to 6 cents? (or worse!) You would have turned a winning trade into a losing one. An intention to sell at a predetermined price does not constitute an exit strategy.

You say "I have yet to find an exit for the down trending ones. Hence the reason that I am holding a few that have got paper losses, hoping that they will come back up". What you are saying here is that you are not using any form of StopLoss and have no other exit system in place either. If you carry on without any system to pull you out when you make a mistake, mistime or misread the market, there is but one inevitable conclusion. You will end up with a portfolio of dogs. Why? Because you will have sold all of your good stocks (when they hit your target prices) and still be holding all those that have failed to perform. You simply cannot get it right every time and by selling your winners and retaining your losers you will quickly "self-select" a portfolio of inferior stocks. Do it the other way round (hold on to your winners and sell your losers) and you will end up with a portfolio of good stocks. Why? Because you will have sold all your dogs.

In the meantime, until you develop your own system, I suggest that you use a simple fixed percentage Trailing Stop. This is not the best exit strategy but it is very simple and a sight better than nothing at all! The idea is to trail a fixed percentage stop calculated from the highest highs and when/if prices fall below this, you sell. This stop keeps ratcheting up as the peaks rise, and it is NEVER EVER lowered. MEO is a very volatile stock and so such a stop must be quite wide to avoid your being flicked out by normal everyday volatility. I would suggest 22% - 25% in this case.

I hope this advice helps you - I don't like seeing anyone starting off on the wrong foot!

Ponda
02-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks HEAPS P!
I will now spend the day re-evaluating my strategies, or lack thereof. What you have written has made perfect sense to me.
Best I start swapping feet so I can get the right one going forward.
Thanks again, I really appreciate the effort that you have gone to.

Crypto Crude
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
MEO has really come off the boil in the last few days...
Xtract have been selling...
expensive stock...
.^sc

ELYOB
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
....has some big plays to be volatile about .... another KAR in process ...... could be enormous ...... that is the game ..... but atm it is opportunity cost basis .

JBmurc
22-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Been moving of late 36.5c
me mate was telling me how they would fly a month back...
from a quick look i guess the buying is on the possibility they will have 70% of 8TCF+

Think I'll play it safe an buy some more CUE @ 16c they have 15% in the permit

lewinsky
23-07-2009, 11:28 AM
A nice rise this morning, and has had a very good run recently, will be interested in their investor presentation that has just been released.

There may be a little more run left in this one.

Crypto Crude
23-07-2009, 03:58 PM
MEO have two key assets...
Tassie Shoals, forwhich its value to MEO is debatable...
and 70% interest in 3 NorthWest Shelf permits WA 359,361, and 360...

MEO has run very strong which totally goes against my prediction, and I have no clue whats so ever as to why its running...other than putting it down to pure manipulation...

Tassie Shoals is a complete disaster, they didnt even flow test Blackwood which was the most important result of the entire well... and when they flow tested Heron, it flowed at rates unbelieveably low...
around 6MMCF in the upper zones...
they put them down as discoveries and have been flaunting them ever since... this asset does not look like it will be a company earner...

There is alot of hype around WA assets at the moment in general and the exposure from Pluto and Wheatstone..., these 3 permits that MEO farmed into do have great potential, and close proximity to planned developments next door...

JBMurc,
MEO will only get around 30-35% stake of Artemis after a deal with a fully funded partner... Even then MEO might have to contribute something, esp if the farm in partner caps the cost of a well, and MEO would have to make up the difference, like with Zeus...
A recent TAP presentation points to 50% chance of success for the region, so that alone does make this a certainly lower risk than usual as its shot off promising 3d... and the fact that the target is still big, but it still does not make any real sense to me when I weigh up risk return...

MEO has gone from 6c to 43c, and why?
MEO will have 35% approx of Artemis, CUE will have 15%, 10% free carried, with the option of funding a further 5% for 15%...
In an efficient market, CUE would rise proportionately to MEO for their respective stakes...

So saving the same thing as I have in the past, This is one big hype feast, and shareholders are holding an extremely expensive set of assets that are not worth that much...
only worth around 10c pre farm in partner...
13c in the lead up to a well...
15c on spud date/20c around top of the well...

exactly like what happened with Zeus, but with zeus the sp ran to 30c and pulled back during the well as the sp ran way too hard...

well there you go...

what sort of value for the level of risks are you taking on for a market cap of 170million ish....
no company reserves...
no production...
no development...
appraisal drilling of low quality...
but MEO does have large exploration stage potential....

not worth that...
so right, but proving to be so wrong...
very strange...

.^sc

JBmurc
23-07-2009, 04:24 PM
MEO have two key assets...
Tassie Shoals, forwhich its value to MEO is debatable...
and 70% interest in 3 NorthWest Shelf permits WA 359,361, and 360...

MEO has run very strong which totally goes against my prediction, and I have no clue whats so ever as to why its running...other than putting it down to pure manipulation...

Tassie Shoals is a complete disaster, they didnt even flow test Blackwood which was the most important result of the entire well... and when they flow tested Heron, it flowed at rates unbelieveably low...
around 6MMCF in the upper zones...
they put them down as discoveries and have been flaunting them ever since... this asset does not look like it will be a company earner...

There is alot of hype around WA assets at the moment in general and the exposure from Pluto and Wheatstone..., these 3 permits that MEO farmed into do have great potential, and close proximity to planned developments next door...

JBMurc,
MEO will only get around 30-35% stake of Artemis after a deal with a fully funded partner... Even then MEO might have to contribute something, esp if the farm in partner caps the cost of a well, and MEO would have to make up the difference, like with Zeus...
A recent TAP presentation points to 50% chance of success for the region, so that alone does make this a certainly lower risk than usual as its shot off promising 3d... and the fact that the target is still big, but it still does not make any real sense to me when I weigh up risk return...

MEO has gone from 6c to 43c, and why?
MEO will have 35% approx of Artemis, CUE will have 15%, 10% free carried, with the option of funding a further 5% for 15%...
In an efficient market, CUE would rise proportionately to MEO for their respective stakes...

So saving the same thing as I have in the past, This is one big hype feast, and shareholders are holding an extremely expensive set of assets that are not worth that much...
only worth around 10c pre farm in partner...
13c in the lead up to a well...
15c on spud date/20c around top of the well...

exactly like what happened with Zeus, but with zeus the sp ran to 30c and pulled back during the well as the sp ran way too hard...

well there you go...

what sort of value for the level of risks are you taking on for a market cap of 170million ish....
no company reserves...
no production...
no development...
appraisal drilling of low quality...
but MEO does have large exploration stage potential....

not worth that...
so right, but proving to be so wrong...
very strange...

.^sc

Yeah is why I didn't buy any MEO even though my spec trade money went into PSA,AZZ not so good atm,MEO would have been a real nice short term trade ,wouldn't buy it at these levels better of with CUE IMHO

lewinsky
24-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice start to the day for both MEO and CUE.
Aussie Small Cap Investor is bullish on MEO and recommending it as a share you should hold to be in the gas sector, risk with upside. Yesterday report from company supports this.
Happy to be holding both.

Crypto Crude
25-07-2009, 12:34 PM
aussie small cap investors must be run by a bunch of donkeys...
how much is Tassie shoals worth?
Who knows, but it has been sitting idle for 18 months without major interest... so there you go...
.^sc

lewinsky
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Reached a milestone breakthrough of the 50 cents barrier this morning.
I am a very happy donkey.
Still holding while this is running.

lewinsky
03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi KW,

Nearly 10% of the shares have traded today, so expect a ssh notice soon.

This could be quite interesting.

I expect it to take a breather soon.

Crypto Crude
03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
wow....
Artemis is half the size of ZEUS....
Remember MEO ran to 30cents during drilling of that well, and it fell back to 20c after spud...
This time we are over 50c...
MEO also has more listed shares due to placements...
The market really likes NWS at the moment...
I prefer to let the drill bit do the talking, because if we dont hit then MEO is all the way back down...
.^sc

The Big Ease
23-08-2009, 02:23 AM
I have just read this thread and Shrewdy you have gone from overly enthusiastic to perhaps overly pessimistic/sceptical.

I have just had a "tip" from someone who works in resources that MEO may well have found "a 20 year resource". Whatever that means, but it is supposed to be quite big. A few good posts over on Hotcopper (yes, contrary to what many say there are some very good posters there. Just have to sort through the cr@p), which compare with others in the area. It all looks promising in terms of potential.

My problem is this: The company presentations are impossible to absorb. Full of jargon and total, utter jibberish. Do they realise most investors are not geoligists?!

Crypto Crude
23-08-2009, 03:37 AM
The big ease,
Yes I have changed my view, you must understand why that is the case...
I invested a big position on an appraisal target before...
The new MEO is high risk exploration drilling where the most likely outcome is of negative results...
a smart punter would short this company on average over the long term based on high risk explor targets...

You had a tip eah...
I hope that tip does not involve more than 2 birds in the bush when you would take one in the hand right now...
too many birds make for one hell of a regurgated mess...
;)
.^sc

The Big Ease
23-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Everyone has an opinion SC....doesn't mean they know any better. tips schmips.

I'm just curious why you would continue to be negative despite the improving situation with MEO.

It seems they are lining them all up. PLenty of interest to farm in and an increased size of the prospect. Chevron and WPL probably know the area reasonably well.

I've only just started looking into this one.
Are you just dirty on being let down before?

upside_umop
23-08-2009, 12:05 PM
TBE, they have not found a resource yet.

The tip will just be from the general announcement/presentation of 15TCF or whatever 'potential'....there has been no sinking of the drill bit and only seismics have been performed.

Let the drill bit do that talking. Which after the farm in, MEO will have circa 20% and CUE will still have 15%. Both should be free carried.

Could be massive though and either way, good for both companies.

Crypto Crude
23-08-2009, 01:40 PM
The big ease-
Everyone has an opinion SC....doesn't mean they know any better. tips schmips.

of course...

I'm just curious why you would continue to be negative despite the improving situation with MEO.

The MEO situation is imporving, but not improving that much that the stock should be trading at 50c...

If you make a direct comparison versus Zeus...
Zeus was 20c MID DRILL, and a much smaller company with less issued shares on offer at the time...
Cetris Paribus, (holding all things equal)
Zeus is roughly the same size as Artemis...
both were 20 TCF targets..
so whats up?

and Artemis has no deal signed, rig not booked, and no set spud date...
Yes, there will be a deal, but all these steps take time...
Time of derisking...where in an efficient market, the stock should rally on new news, not yet published in market reports...
The market is factoring in all this, and much much more right now...

The only possible answer to all of this is that the firms who have been to MEO's data room, have more information than us...
so they are able to benefit from having more
information than us...
This means that shareholders are not able to fully profit take from the Well
because market players (with more info) are buying, and its now already factored into the market value...
An example of this could be factoring in a higher chance of success for Artemis...
By pricing MEO so high, this is what the market has effectively done...
think about it...

I've only just started looking into this one.

Nape...
I sold out above my buy in price and hold nothing over the company in that respects......
I am not biased, just saying what I see...
... Tassie Shoals (heron, Blackwood)
is completely different to the new MEO unfolding...
two seperate projects, in two different time periods, that have different characteristics, and outcomes...
therefore each aspect has seperate views...

What happened when I held has nothing to do with Artemis...

With no production, no reserves, no development, this company is not worth the hundreds and hundreds of million market cap...
MEO is only worth 20c at spud...
maybe an extra 10c for good measure, with all the hype around...
so that should mean MEO should be no more than 20c now with the last 10c for derisking as we go on....

just remember that This is very risky, high reward, high cost drilling...
mistakes are deadly in this game...lets be real...
a Realist view is that Artemis is more likely to fail than succeed (based on
likely probability outcomes)...
meaning that if this well fails (which is more likely than not,
then sub 10c share)...
mega upside, mega downside...
downside more likely to happen on final drill results...

I hold a position in Artemis, heres hoping I am wrong about that bit...
but this is not really the point im trying to make, im just saying that the pricing of MEO is all wrong, and its definately poor risk return at this stage....

ZEUS has run from 6c to 55c... CUE has run from 9c to 22c...
a free market would see CUE alot higher...
.^sc

lewinsky
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Another great day for MEO. I would be interested in your views of the presentation they made on the 2nd September SC.
While there is risk with this, I get the feeling that there is still a way to run on this.
15% capital traded today and up 14% on the day.
Are the clever people taking profits, or are they buying in?

lewinsky
21-09-2009, 04:24 PM
On a down day MEO has been a stand out, and is now through the 70 cents barrier.
I expect it to take a breather before heading north again.
I suspect that this has still some way to run, but am tempted to take some profits off the table and buy in to NGE.

snowball
21-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Would be interesting to see some TA given the great result in a mediocre day

Have not picked a trigger for any 'non technical' stop losses yet.

Having taken a big hit from $1 then multiplying up by 5 at 8.2c, now back in the money. I think I will 'let the profits' run further on this one and hope for a 10 bagger.

Maybe there is more news coming...or maybe a response to the open briefing.

yogi-in-oz
21-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Posted 21062009

Hi folks,

So, now it is TIME to look at MEO, again ... :)

MEO ... off its recent lows, with good supporting volumes last week and
expecting more action, towards the end of this week, so as requested,
here’s our astroanalysis, over coming months:

26-29062009 ..... a very positive spotlight on MEO

06-07072009 ..... significant and positive news expected here.

10-13072009 ..... minor cycle

20-21072009 ..... 3 minor and positive time cycles in play

29072009 ..... minor cycle

06-07082009 ..... 2 significant time cycles, should also bring
some positive news, as well.

28-31082009 ..... minor and positive spotlight on MEO

01092009 ..... significant and negative time cycle ... finance-related ???

05092009 ..... short and aggressive rally expected here.

07092009 ..... significant and negative news expected here.

25-28092009 ..... minor and positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

29-30092009 ..... negative spotlight on MEO

14102009 ..... significant and negative news expected here.

20102009 ..... another significant and negative time cycle

29-30102009 ..... 2 time cycles and positive spotlight on MEO

02112009 ..... significant an positive news expected here

13112009 ..... another positive cycle ... finance-related ... ???

20112009 ..... minor cycle

27-30112009 ... minor cycle

07122009 ..... minor cycle

10122009 ..... significant and negative news expected ... ???

28-31122009 ..... 2cycles to bring a negative spotlight onto MEO

More later.

An updated MEO chart is linked below.

happy trading

paul

P.S ... HAO should also react to the same time cycles, as detailed above for MEO ..... :)

=====

Hi folks,

Have not been holding MEO for a while now, so lost track of
what is going on ... a check on the MEO chart over the next
few weeks or so, reveals that December 2009 is likely to be
a very rough time for MEO and January 2010 is not expected
to be much better.

It seems the best chance for MEO to boom, will be around 12-18022010
and especially 16-17022010, when positive news is expected, on the
back of 2 positive time cycles coming together, at that time ..... :)

..... meanwhile, the MEO chart looks quite negative, from this end ... !~!

have a great weekend

paul

=====

Crypto Crude
25-11-2009, 12:39 PM
The Big Ease-Everyone has an opinion SC....doesn't mean they know any better. tips schmips.

the big ease,
what has recently happened to the SP is why I was negative on MEO...
The whole rally was one big scam, and all those brokers suckered investors in who knew nothing about valuing exploration drilling, to even know what a freaking 400 Million dollar market value on nothing was really worth...
the analysts glossed it over with tasty valuations on resources that did not exist... you cant make up the risk of the well by pricing 5cents per MCF into a valuation...
risk adjusted is not the way to go either...

the recent placement brings in a new dynamic if MEO do take 70% of Artemis...
only worth 30cents...

hype manipulation can do anything...
dont be a sucker...
.^sc

Crypto Crude
27-11-2009, 02:15 PM
MEO is now starting to behave like it should...
now down a further 10% to 42.5cents...

Its good to see free market forces prevail in what could only be desribed as utter madness... 400 Million bucks on a permit...
big bucks for fresh air mate...
The most expensive oil stock I said Id ever seen...
I even went as far as saying it was one of the most expensive oil stocks in the World...
only worth 30cents...
no more than that....

this will turn upwards again,
but when?
.^sc

drillfix
27-11-2009, 02:39 PM
only worth 30cents...
no more than that....

this will turn upwards again,
but when?
.^sc

SC, if this stock breaks past below 40c then it will seem destined for a landing pad of 24c there abouts.

Guess like many stocks out there this one too unless it bares certain news will flow in and out with the market Tide.

Crypto Crude
27-11-2009, 02:50 PM
hey
drill fix,

what would you be prepared to pay for this stock?
.^sc

drillfix
27-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi SC,

Mate, my honest opinion would have to be, it depends.
1. on which day
2. which trend
3. and which kinda markets we are currently in.

So unfortunately Shrewdy, there is no buying from me atm, although Im sure many others would be out there with their hands open.

ps: a strong bounce off around 22c with a refreshed story may give me some incentive to do a trade entry for a day or two to a week depending on the 1. 2. 3. reasons above surrounding the decision.

STRAT
18-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Im suprised there isnt more chatter on this one.

Anyone got some goss about whats going on with MEO right now?

trackers
14-04-2010, 10:51 AM
rightly or wrongly, I suspect this will blow up today... Petrobras coming on board for 50% of MEO's share in WA360P (subject to FIRB).

I'd imagine the contentious clause was Petrobras wants the rights to take over operatorship from 2nd drill onwards (assuming they hit something first time round)

drillfix
14-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Well , curently or should I say Technically, we have the 200MA batting the sp down as well.

No doubt it will find some middle ground here but the currently sitting outside the bollybands we have a cross of the 8ma above the 20ma.

Dont know FA about the FA on this one but TA wise, its good it has broken the oblique resistance along with a good volume spike.

Corporate
14-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Does anyone own/follow MEO?

I don't really care for the company, yet feel tempted to buy in now and hold until pre-spud. I can't see the price not being 10-20% higher than today?

Corporate
14-06-2010, 07:38 PM
also they now have 25% of Artemis.

Corporate
21-07-2010, 06:01 PM
has MEO broken out? Anyone?

upside_umop
28-07-2010, 08:50 PM

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/4837382528_29cf68b057_b.jpg

Looks to be in a downward trading range still Corporate?

Didn't break the trend line and the volume didnt quite either. Close though.

I'm looking at this one too...as when it turns, it usually does violently!

upside_umop
02-08-2010, 09:19 PM

What do you reckon Corp? If I was to enter, I would probably wait for the speeding ticket....sometime early trading tomorrow, you reckon? I probably won't though...as I've promised myself to stick to more fundamental plays. These guys do have a bit of cash though... $36m cash on hand, with $31.5m USD + $7m USD payback costs. So total is $36m+($38.5m USDx1.10) = $78m. Maybe this can be considered a fundamental play :o

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4852962226_5ebfde49d2_b.jpg

Corporate
02-08-2010, 09:39 PM
looks like it's definitely breaking out...why would you wait for the speeding ticket?

upside_umop
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Ah just the way things usually go. A short term blip would be enforced, and a chance to jump in.

Then again, one may not be issued with the recent news....

You in yet?

Corporate
03-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Ah just the way things usually go. A short term blip would be enforced, and a chance to jump in.

Then again, one may not be issued with the recent news....

You in yet?

Unfortunately not. I should have gone with my gut on the 27th when I first posted. There's no way the price could stay around 32-33c leading up to the drill. Just to many people interested.

Oil surged through 80 bucks a barrel last night.

upside_umop
09-08-2010, 04:20 PM
On the up, still. This must be a confirmed breakout by now. What sort of target would you be looking for on this corp?

This is purely just Artemis....or is MOG just following MEO with MOG followers believing its purely Artemis?

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=MEO.AX&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=MOG.AX&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US (http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=MEO.AX&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=MOG.AX&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US)

upside_umop
18-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Is anyone in this BESBS play? MEO manages to pull of a good BESBS based on history, but just remember GET OUT before spud!

upside_umop
30-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Is anyone in this BESBS play? MEO manages to pull of a good BESBS based on history, but just remember GET OUT before spud!

Well, around 4 weeks to go until I'll be looking to get out....55-60ish perhaps? Per the graph above, doesn't look as though MOG is keeping up? Maybe a bit of tassie shoals?

Financially dependant
30-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, around 4 weeks to go until I'll be looking to get out....55-60ish perhaps? Per the graph above, doesn't look as though MOG is keeping up? Maybe a bit of tassie shoals?

Hi upside, been following MEO and it has been looking good since it moved above resistance, it's a good trader with plenty of liquidity. I am surprised there isn't more interest.

upside_umop
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey FD,

Your right, its got great liquidity and gets a good following. By the looks of the chart per below, the divergence between MEO and MOG is becoming greater. It hasn't done this to this extent for the last 6 months and I suspect it's purely on NT/P68. Cheers for drilling that one in the 80's BHP :D :D Reserve estimates are expected for this one soon, with a farm out to follow. Interesting to note, Santos recently sold off it's 40% stake of Evan Shoals for $200m, which is also speculated to be for Methanol development....MEO have 100% of NT/P68.

Still, I'll be selling prior to spud....with the combined news flow of NT/P68 and Artemis hype, it could do quite well.

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=MEO.AX&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=MOG.AX&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US (http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=MEO.AX&t=6m&q=l&l=on&z=m&c=MOG.AX&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US)

Financially dependant
07-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey FD,

Your right, its got great liquidity and gets a good following. By the looks of the chart per below, the divergence between MEO and MOG is becoming greater. It hasn't done this to this extent for the last 6 months and I suspect it's purely on NT/P68. Cheers for drilling that one in the 80's BHP :D :D Reserve estimates are expected for this one soon, with a farm out to follow. Interesting to note, Santos recently sold off it's 40% stake of Evan Shoals for $200m, which is also speculated to be for Methanol development....MEO have 100% of NT/P68.

Still, I'll be selling prior to spud....with the combined news flow of NT/P68 and Artemis hype, it could do quite well.

That chart must be looking real good now Upside...? The traders are piling in, when to sell is the tough question....sooner rather then later me thinks...

upside_umop
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
That chart must be looking real good now Upside...? The traders are piling in, when to sell is the tough question....sooner rather then later me thinks...

It certainly is looking good FD. Traders jumped it up 10% the other day and they were sprung with a speeding ticket. It is interesting to see MOG getting left behind...CUE and MEO are both going to the races?

I'll be out in the week leading upto the spud. Some people think this spud is different, but I'm not buying it (it could be, but it was never part of my trade strategy). Last time MEO spudded on Zeus, the shareprice had dropped over 30% before any substantial news had come out regarding the drill.

Here's an updated chart from above.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/5067339196_8660f77b0b_b.jpg

Appears to have found a new trading channel, although looking again as Zeus, MEO went exponential in the weeks leading upto that. So could jump out of the channel? I'll just take it as it comes...

Financially dependant
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
It certainly is looking good FD. Traders jumped it up 10% the other day and they were sprung with a speeding ticket. It is interesting to see MOG getting left behind...CUE and MEO are both going to the races?

I'll be out in the week leading upto the spud. Some people think this spud is different, but I'm not buying it (it could be, but it was never part of my trade strategy). Last time MEO spudded on Zeus, the shareprice had dropped over 30% before any substantial news had come out regarding the drill.

Appears to have found a new trading channel, although looking again as Zeus, MEO went exponential in the weeks leading upto that. So could jump out of the channel? I'll just take it as it comes...

Thanks UU, the MEO story and the chart keep getting better and better looks like trend is getting steeper. CUE is going better then ever, interesting about MOG maybe there capital issues are a drag on the SP.
Zeus was a good lesson to be learn't I am thinking the drop will be harder and earlier this time but that is only a gut feeling.
Good luck with picking your exit timing :t_up:

upside_umop
21-10-2010, 11:32 AM
A recent pull back, has me thinking it will have one last run up for next two weeks or so pre spud. I'll be looking to get out in around 2 weeks time if all goes well.

upside_umop
08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Sold out half today - they keep opening higher and closing lower. Is this the so called amateur's opening and pro's closing? In any case, it will be an interesting watch over the next 2 weeks or so until spud. As tempting as it is to hold through drilling, I'm selling out.

Hand over of Songa Venus on the 11th November with around a weeks tow to Artemis-1 location.

upside_umop
12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm all out today as of open.

Good luck to the rest of the holders.

Corporate
05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi All, is anyone holding MEO through A1?

I am weighing up a position. At 43c MEO has as market cap of $200m which is backed by $100m cash.

Corporate
05-12-2010, 10:23 AM
correction market cap of $230m. Direct broking hasn't updated the number of shares on issue post capital raising.

ELYOB
05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Industry people are giving A-1 a terrible BBB- rating , hence the exit . Next week will allow easy re-entry , wait! gunna be fun .....this is going to be drawn out over long period.

Corporate
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Industry people are giving A-1 a terrible BBB- rating , hence the exit . Next week will allow easy re-entry , wait! gunna be fun .....this is going to be drawn out over long period.

Really? Why do you think they are giving such a terrible rating? haven't heard that.

What price are you looking to enter at?

drillfix
05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Really? Why do you think they are giving such a terrible rating? haven't heard that.

What price are you looking to enter at?

Hi again Corp,

Not exactly sure why the rating or the fundamentals, but to me for an entry, take your pick.

MEO daily chart >>> http://i53.tinypic.com/j832gh.png

1st target looks like the 200 day MA, 42c there abouts.
2nd target would be the major support at 40c
3rd target would be intermediate support at 33c
4th target would be more major support at 26c

Though I myself would not buy unless whatever fundamentals could spark off a riot. But no doubt it will bounce off one of those lines.

Looks like whatever has happened here has been over kill as the stocks currently shows it being over sold with Stochastics and OBV through the floor as well as weakened RSI.

Slight divergence on the MACD histogram and the signal lines could start reversing in the near future.

I think ELYOB could be right whatever has happened has happened and next week some time, this will reverse or partially recover.

I dont always enjoy jumping in for a trade on a falling stock, but the floor must appear somewhere for some potential gains right?

And whether it appears on those chart lines, who knows, but will watch and see.

Corporate
05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi again Corp,

Not exactly sure why the rating or the fundamentals, but to me for an entry, take your pick.

MEO daily chart >>> http://i53.tinypic.com/j832gh.png

1st target looks like the 200 day MA, 42c there abouts.
2nd target would be the major support at 40c
3rd target would be intermediate support at 33c
4th target would be more major support at 26c

Though I myself would not buy unless whatever fundamentals could spark off a riot. But no doubt it will bounce off one of those lines.

Looks like whatever has happened here has been over kill as the stocks currently shows it being over sold with Stochastics and OBV through the floor as well as weakened RSI.

Slight divergence on the MACD histogram and the signal lines could start reversing in the near future.

I think ELYOB could be right whatever has happened has happened and next week some time, this will reverse or partially recover.

I dont always enjoy jumping in for a trade on a falling stock, but the floor must appear somewhere for some potential gains right?

And whether it appears on those chart lines, who knows, but will watch and see.

Thanks Drill. I'm just going to wait and see what happens with this one. I don't like they way the chart looks and I'd prefer to bail out before the drill. Or, alternatively get in if it's dry and the share price is dumped.

drillfix
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Drill. I'm just going to wait and see what happens with this one. I don't like they way the chart looks and I'd prefer to bail out before the drill. Or, alternatively get in if it's dry and the share price is dumped.

That sounds like a sound plan to me there Corp.

Good luck with that!

Phaedrus
06-12-2010, 08:21 AM
(9/11) Sold out half today..... (12/11) I'm all out today....While looking over the MEO chart for incipient buy signals (there are none, of course) I noticed UU's well timed exit points. Closer inspection showed that these preceded all of the TA exit signals plotted here. Reading UU's comment ("they keep opening higher and closing lower") might provide a possible explanation. This observation lies at the heart of the Stochastic oscillator, which monitors where the Close lies in relation to the days High and Low and perhaps UU was consciously or unconsciously tapping into this valuable indicator.
Whatever the methodology employed, this was a nicely timed exit, well before the price plummeted. Not a good stock to "Buy and Hold".

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/MEO123.gif

upside_umop
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Phaedrus,

I was aware of the 'amateurs play with opening, the pro's close' rule. This had me thinking we were getting near the top given the MEO psyche of buying early and selling before they spud (BESBS). It's happened on numerous wells of theirs before. I also noticed the bearish divergence on the RSI, which timed well with the fundamental exit of selling before the spud - confirming the BESBS play.

However, yesterday we have had a sniff of gas and MEO/MOG/CUE are off to the races! Good luck holders, it wasn't something I was willing to hang on for...

If it does turn out to be dry, I'll be with Corp and looking for a deep entry into MEO and CUE.

Corporate
07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Phaedrus,

I was aware of the 'amateurs play with opening, the pro's close' rule. This had me thinking we were getting near the top given the MEO psyche of buying early and selling before they spud (BESBS). It's happened on numerous wells of theirs before. I also noticed the bearish divergence on the RSI, which timed well with the fundamental exit of selling before the spud - confirming the BESBS play.

However, yesterday we have had a sniff of gas and MEO/MOG/CUE are off to the races! Good luck holders, it wasn't something I was willing to hang on for...

If it does turn out to be dry, I'll be with Corp and looking for a deep entry into MEO and CUE.

Yeah there is a alot of exciting about A1 around the forums (esp HC). There will be tears if its dry.

Crypto Crude
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
hey all...
Upside,
you are onto it...

BESBS plays are the most perferred... its a very simple idea...
For someone like me, who is attached to everything else in the company, it is not easy to sell... profit run has allowed me to safely hold on without risking the farm on it....

I cant remember who was talking about money,
Corporate perhaps...

Valuations of oilers with a strong Cash backing never quite works like that...
This is standout for oilers with no revenues, no development...
Sure OEX had all that, but look at what they had just one year ago...

Cash thirsty businesses like in oil, mean that less weighting should be put on cash...
unless of course that cash is replenished through other cashflow streams...

corporate my buddy...
go get em you premantis...
.^sc

trackers
13-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Look out below, bad luck guys.

And this is why I don't hold oilers anymore.....

Corporate
13-12-2010, 10:50 AM
OUCH! Glad I decided to stay well away. Well done UU for selling pre-spud. This is risky business.

gazprom1
13-12-2010, 10:50 AM
S****....could be an opportune time to pick up some CUE???

Corporate
13-12-2010, 10:53 AM
S****....could be an opportune time to pick up some CUE???

I'm going to take some MEO if it gets near cash backing (18c).

CUE i'm hoping for somewhere in the 20c region

Anyone else got thoughts?

trackers
13-12-2010, 10:59 AM

The CR was a masterstroke (thought that at the time too) but at the end of the day this was just seriously overhyped rubbish from MEO, and it would have to be offering a massive discount to cash backing for me to be interested at all

Taking a position into CUE on the bounce would probably be a smart move, if you're brave enough to pick the bottom. CUE holders were always pretty neutral about this drill

whatsup
13-12-2010, 11:02 AM

So0unds like another NGE to me .

Corporate
13-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Cue holding up well!

Crypto Crude
13-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Trackers,
thats alittle unfair,

Artemis was probably the most anticipated exploration well in Aussie this year...
Everybody knew the risks involved... to say it was overhyped rubbish is weak...
MEO got in behind Artemis...
They really did nothing wrong,

If they didnt have a major prospect to talk up, the size, the location that comment would be fair...

It was the market that got happy and mispriced the stock,
(manipulators speculators)...
not MEOs fault...

Whatsup,
have you got something to say...
I said what will happen, how it will eventuate...
but no-one, nor I, have the timelines to predict when it falls into place...
NGE is still a top stock Ive ever seen,

Good things take time... this might take longer...
I have a good grasp on the situation, I just cant be sure about timelines...

If your after a quick buck, oil is not for you...

take care....

.^sc

trackers
13-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Trackers,
thats alittle unfair,

Artemis was probably the most anticipated exploration well in Aussie this year...
Everybody knew the risks involved... to say it was overhyped rubbish is weak...
MEO got in behind Artemis...
They really did nothing wrong,

If they didnt have a major prospect to talk up, the size, the location that comment would be fair...

It was the market that got happy and mispriced the stock,
(manipulators speculators)...
not MEOs fault...

Whatsup,
have you got something to say...
I said what will happen, how it will eventuate...
but no-one, nor I, have the timelines to predict when it falls into place...
NGE is still a top stock Ive ever seen,

Good things take time... this might take longer...
I have a good grasp on the situation, I just cant be sure about timelines...

take care....

.^sc

Hear what you're saying there Shrewdy and fair enough... You know a lot more about it than me so if you say the overhype was by speculators rather than MEO, then fair enough. Hindsight would show that MEO wasn't supremely confident anyway, given the quick cap raising before spud.

As far as "If your after a quick buck, oil is not for you..." goes, I'd simply say that I don't think thats true. I just think that, (based on experience through a couple bad calls), owning a share through a drill that has <50% chance of geological success seems unnecessarily risky - Why not sell before spud, and buy back in after the results are known (paying the premium if need be), but before the market has fully priced in the info?

As oil heads through $100 in 2011 oil producers will do well, it remains to be seen however how best to profit from it

upside_umop
13-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Hi Corp,

I'm keen to pick some up...but I'd say we will have a few months to do so.

The management are masters at what they do and can create real value - just look what they made thanks to CUE!

Anything near cash backing would do well in the next year as management don't tend to sit around...Tassie Shoals will be their next big push given there is around 4TCF there and they have the money look half serious now.

soulman
13-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Anyone got caught in this? CUE hold up really well today compared to the other 2. Already, headings in AFR that instos down 57% from the recent MEO placement of 52 cents. The poms and the yanks never learn, do they.

MEO looks like a tricky do-able short term play. We'll see tomorrow.

Crypto Crude
13-12-2010, 08:39 PM
trackers,
As far as "If your after a quick buck, oil is not for you..." goes, I'd simply say that I don't think thats true. I just think that, (based on experience through a couple bad calls), owning a share through a drill that has <50% chance of geological success seems unnecessarily risky - Why not sell before spud, and buy back in after the results are known (paying the premium if need be), but before the market has fully priced in the info?

As oil heads through $100 in 2011 oil producers will do well, it remains to be seen however how best to profit from it

Well,
you are right and from experience, The big hit hasnt happened for me either...
and yeah its risky, but What did I give up for Artemis,
a chance to trade... but also a chance to risk a profit only position, for something so much bigger...
im not risking my shirt over it...
Its worth it...
But yeah,

I think in myself, each investor will go about oil investment, in their own way...
And we know there is good money in BESBS trading...
I just havent switched that into a part of my portfolio...

I Have my own way that I think are ways to make money in oil...
Others have chosen different stocks that suit them...
I have a few years, as im very confident we will pull something off...
And Matariki is worth the wait alone...
as for the likely outcomes PNG...

All these special characteristics we have seen, just like in CSG, has taken much more time than we would have liked...
Finally in 2011, we can look forward to some major developments on the oil scene...
Something without the risks but with the returns...
Not easy to find,
I will keep searching and switch if need be...

.^sc

steve fleming
13-12-2010, 10:54 PM

take care....

.^sc

Wow...MEO not pretty.

Another reason why i stay completely right away from oil and gas plays.

It is one of my key investment rules.

To me the risk/return profile is just not worth it.

Crypto Crude
24-12-2010, 11:02 PM
All the best for your trading Steve...
each to their own...I could have traded out, but you just never know...
I will do it all over again 2011... chasing big dreams with returns to be made on the side...
win-win.... i never tipped MEO
Im very happy...
.^sc

Corporate
20-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Alright, I've bought 40,000 MEO off the back of the recent farm in by ENI. Basically MEO is sub $20m EV, fully carried through 2 wells in their potential Methanol/LNG project. It might sit in the lower 20's for a few months but I'm sure it'll head upwards as drilling dates are firmed. No brainer in my opinion.

Do a google search for information on ENI. They are massive!!

upside_umop
20-05-2011, 09:25 PM
A good buy Corp. I agree, a no brainer if you're holding till spud.

I thought it may sit low for a couple of months...but it has been here for a good 5 now, probably time to allocate some coin to it.

Corporate
21-05-2011, 08:45 AM
A good buy Corp. I agree, a no brainer if you're holding till spud.

I thought it may sit low for a couple of months...but it has been here for a good 5 now, probably time to allocate some coin to it.

UU, how are you doing? It's been a while.

These guys have a knack for nabbing the big players and getting the most out of the farmout. The farmout to Petrobras was one of the best I've seen and this deal with ENI is much better than I expected. ENI obviously by into the LNG/Methanol concept!

With a market cap of $116m, cash of $95m this could easily double pre spud.

I'm going to go through some of the older information (around when Heron was drilled) and probably get a few more next week.

The charts starting to show some life....

Corporate
21-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Also from a risk management point of view, there is very little downside from here. Assuming you don't hold through the drilling or are free carried.

Corporate
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
I bought some more this morning. Looks like it may have bottomed out.

Corporate
09-07-2011, 03:07 PM
MEO award another permit contiguous with two of there other permits and also ENI who is drilling them at least one well in Heron. Interesting times. Glad I topped up at 18.5c last week.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110708/pdf/41zp586n2y3csv.pdf