PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Gold...HGD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Ponda
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Cheers, Thanks for that guys.

Aotea
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Sellers coming down to meet buyers....strange unless someone is in the know??

Ponda
03-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Sellers coming down to meet buyers....strange unless someone is in the know??

Just the one seller and I was trying to work out if there was any benefit in light of the SPP and I couldn't see any. There is also the risk of scaleback, so I can't see any benefit at all.

As far as someone in the know, you would expect a far larger amount than $10,000 being sold.

I think it's just someone who has had enough and is moving on.

Keep the faith - it will happen (fingers crossed)

clarky
03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
The day is here...the wait is over...GRANTED

http://data.crownminerals.govt.nz/PermitWebMaps/StaticReport.aspx?application=51326

kanejones
03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
YES YES YES YES YES!!!

It would take a lot to whipe this smile off my face!

Awsome news! Congratulations to those fellow holders who remained loyal.

Ponda
03-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I really thought that it was the responsibility of the Company to advise the market.

BUT WHO THE HELL CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clarky
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
i couldn't contain myself and had to tell someone...

Ponda
03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Good spotting Clarky. Well done

Already the buys are coming in, or is it you??

ScrappyO
03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Excellent news...

Still would have thought the company would have been notified first.

meesham
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Good spotting Clarky. Well done

Already the buys are coming in, or is it you??

Yep they're starting to get scooped up now (and it's not me either). Still no announcements on the NZX or ASX, but I'm thinking this has got to help the SPP, I'm seriously tempted now to go for the full $10K.

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
.........jst phoned a professional painter......he can finish the bloody bathroom....Im going fishing to celebrate!! Well done and congratulations to all the faithful and I guess management also for pushing ahead. We now have a viable company with hopefully a viable plan to mine our now very valuable resource. yeha.

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
ps.........has anyone told our m8s across the ditch yet??

stone small green
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM
...like I thought. thursday was indeed the day

welcome on board everybody

Ponda
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM

They already know. There is no action on their market yet. 'Oh well, these things do take time'

meesham
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM

There's a couple of posts on HC in the HTM forum

clarky
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
HGD directors are probably drinking bubbly from gold mugs and have forgotten to announce it to the market. one would think they have the announcement all typed out and all they have to do is send it...i mean they've had over a year to prepare it.

lets hope it makes the news...or even the paper...bloody tiger hogging the limelight, just because hes been playing someone elses back nine...

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
.......yep looks like mothers gotta write out another cheque for 10k......well she did say "you can buy me anything as long as it's GOLD." I love my wife.

ScrappyO
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm amazed their has been no ann.........Maybe i should phone HGD to tell them..LOL :D

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
.......yea Carkey lets give suzy a call and see if she's slurring on da phone yet. Any jaffas available and slober enough to pop into the parnell office and see if anyones still standing??!!! This is a gr8day for HGD!!

Aotea
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Just scooped the last 85,000 at 3.7 to celebrate...well done all and well done that man who said Thursday..I thought Friday!

Ponda
03-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, that was a timely phone call.

Just had a phone call from some chick on behalf of HGD asking if I was going to take up the SPP. I asked if she was from a broking firm and she said that she wasn't.

I told her that I was waiting to see if the mining permit has been granted and asked her if it had been. She told me that she doesn't have that information.

The news is now one and a half hours old now. Come on people, lets get this stuff sorted out, but to be fair, maybe Crown Minerals are the ones who have forgotten to pick up the phone to call and tell HGD.

Anyways, I'm off to open another bottle.

Crispy
03-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Just scooped the last 85,000 at 3.7 to celebrate...well done all and well done that man who said Thursday..I thought Friday!

Looks like the announcement from HGD to the stock exchange may still come out on Friday. This good news will ensure we get a good return from the SPP. 10K invested now is likely to give a very nice return especially if there is an announcement of successful JV negotiations in the near future.

kanejones
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I just called Sue and had a great chat. She insisted they were not yet aware of the permit being granted and was thrilled to hear the news. She confirmed that if it is the case, there will definately be an announcement tomorrow.

I hope everybody enjoys their drinks tonight!

Aotea
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
HGD directors are probably drinking bubbly from gold mugs and have forgotten to announce it to the market. one would think they have the announcement all typed out and all they have to do is send it...i mean they've had over a year to prepare it.

lets hope it makes the news...or even the paper...bloody tiger hogging the limelight, just because hes been playing someone elses back nine...

Have emailled the journo from the local rag, the ODT, and gave him a steer towards the CM website....

meesham
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Have emailled the journo from the local rag, the ODT, and gave him a steer towards the CM website....

The ASB Securities morning brief would be good too (I read it every morning), but I can't figure out how to contact them.

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
......good work KJ. Sounds like tomorrow then will be the day that everyone else gets to hear about it......lets just hope there will be a positive mad scramble for the few shares available. No need to sell now folks.....onwards and upwards from here.....no sellers & we all get rich short term and that will hopefully then turn into longterm gains as well. The SP shud now return to where it was not that long ago.......12c plus please.

kanejones
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi GR8DAY,

Yes, I'm sure we can expect an announcement tomorrow. I also suggested to Sue that they push for media coverage of the news. She agreed and advised this would happen in the days to come.

After holding for the last 4 years, this is just fantastic news! Loyal holders will finally see rewards! I'm off for a beer.......

Aotea
03-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Have just contacted the Stuff business editor....told him its a scoop given no announcements!

Ponda
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
...or even a spot on the morning TV1 business news. That'll give Corin something to talk about, Pippa something to dream about, & Paul something to whine about! :D

Mmmm, Paul on TV1. Maybe we can convince him that Sue is really Susan Boyle and that she has a mo (which she forgot to shave of from Movember,) ,that she looks like a ret**d, she has hairy armpits and once had a fling with Tiger. Maybe thats just a little too much, it mite send him off his rocker.

Well done all. Bring on tomorrow.

P.S. I have also contacted the editor of the Northern Advocate, bearing in mind the Northland connection.

whatsup
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
What will the shares open at tomorrow?

For me if its 4.4cents

stone small green
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
like always, wait and say, can't believe the company are that behind on the permit!

....I'd like to be dream about this gets hit in the global news...umm..wall street journal headline? then everybody comes in, a bubble forms...then, we get out. then...

anyway, back to real life. got work to do.

stone small green
03-12-2009, 06:06 PM
What will the shares open at tomorrow?

For me if its 4.4cents

it really depends on how far the news has been reached. if u ask me :D

I actually hope the sp could be consistent in moving...um upwards.;)

Paint it Black
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Fantastic news which should now provide time for some good media coverage before the SPP closes and at last give HGD the credibility they have always needed to put the thumb screws on Newmont. If the SP gets up over 4.2c tomorrow there is a good chance IMO there will be a scale back which is more good news for the HGD with $3m extra in the bank account to progress not only at Talisman but Waihi North, Golden Valley and Northland. This is huge news for HGD shareholders and I'm sure we will forgive Aotea his pint for being a day early!

Aotea
03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Fantastic news which should now provide time for some good media coverage before the SPP closes and at last give HGD the credibility they have always needed to put the thumb screws on Newmont. If the SP gets up over 4.2c tomorrow there is a good chance IMO there will be a scale back which is more good news for the HGD with $3m extra in the bank account to progress not only at Talisman but Waihi North, Golden Valley and Northland. This is huge news for HGD shareholders and I'm sure we will forgive Aotea his pint for being a day early!

Always generous...cheers PIB!
Great stuff, lets make some money.......

Ponda
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Or Miner or JBMerc.

But very surprised not to have heard from Jess9 or BAP

GR8DAY
03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
......agree, come in Jess& BAP........that's enough for one night boys, you've got several months and years in front of you for celebrations! Speaking of which I wonder if the news has filtered thru to the local in Karangahake yet. I bet there's still a few old boys around there that cant believe their hairy ears!.....ye old Talisman about to give up it's spoils once again after about a 100yrs...... they're probably out the back shed as we speak sharpening up ye old piks and shovels. good bye high 3s.....hello high 5s for tomorrow?

Stumpynuts
03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I just realised something very funny. I wonder why Balance hasn't posted on this thread today. ;) :D

IMO, people with all talk, no action...... speculators

Jess9
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Great news indeed!! Still, brakes are on till the cap raising is squared away. I would like to see a big chunk of this injection spent on fast tracking Talisman JORC upgrade. The coy would be in a much better position were it to hold JORC gold of say 750 K oz WRT negotiating any JV or farmin. Peter A, focus on Talisman and stay focused!

Jess9
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
PS gold at 1225/oz is just nuts!! And its just going to carry on : ) What a tail wind, and junior explorers/producers only just waking up to this!!

Paint it Black
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Great news indeed!! Still, brakes are on till the cap raising is squared away. I would like to see a big chunk of this injection spent on fast tracking Talisman JORC upgrade. The coy would be in a much better position were it to hold JORC gold of say 750 K oz WRT negotiating any JV or farmin. Peter A, focus on Talisman and stay focused!

Yes its interesting to read the permit summary on the Crown minerals site - not much detail but it does include ongoing drilling into a couple vein systems to no doubt increase the JORC see below:

Activity Name Qty Units
60 Months Commence Mining
1(a) commence mining of gold and silver by underground mining methods;

60 Months Drilling
1(b)i. completing a programme of drilling for a minimum of 1,000 metres on the St Patricks and Dominion Knoll vein systems, or such other drilling programme as agreed by the Secretary; and

60 Months Other Activity
1(b)ii. provide the Secretary with a report of the exploration activities undertaken and the submission of digital data.

Tanger
04-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Maybe the HGD team are still out celebrating and have forgotten to put the NZX announcement in. Surely would have thought this worthy of some type of announcement. 10am will be interesting. Also, seems the sellers are pulling out. There were some 5m shares available (at all types of prices) a couple of days ago, but that has reduced down to just under 3m currently.

clarky
04-12-2009, 10:24 AM
still no word, the market is open and potential investors need to know our good news...

did any newspapers have news of the permit? i know a few sharetraders contacted various newspapers.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
curiously, i type in Heritage gold nz mining permit in google,
nothing really came out except some auzie sharetrading site discussing about it.

well, we all have waited long time, just a bit longer i say
ssg

Aotea
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Nothing from the newpapers I contacted, although their stories were all written and they were probably at home drinking by the time I contacted them...

ScrappyO
04-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised their was no Trading Halt......Wouldn't this be classed as a material leak and price sensitive.................

Aotea
04-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm surprised their was no Trading Halt......Wouldn't this be classed as a material leak and price sensitive.................

Yes, it is a shocker to be fair...

meesham
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM

I would have thought so. The cat's definitely out of the bag across the ditch too, the info about the approval has just been posted to the HC daytrading thread.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 10:41 AM
my guess is that HGD haven't actually notify NZX or received a offical answer from crown minerals despite the fact the permit has been granted

Cannibal
04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
I just called Sue and had a great chat. She insisted they were not yet aware of the permit being granted and was thrilled to hear the news. She confirmed that if it is the case, there will definately be an announcement tomorrow.

I hope everybody enjoys their drinks tonight!

Lets hope that Sue is on to it...

Glendoonie
04-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey Gold-diggers, did any of you get the phonecall from some scottish lass asking if you were going to take up the HGD SPP? When I said, there's a recession doncha know, and I'm been disappointed in the past by HGD's shakey share price. I told her the jury was still considering it's verdict (so to speak) on whether or not to participate. Then she aked if I had a message for the directors, so I said, that I was disappointed in HGD share price and the directors' comunication skills underwhelmed me.

She thanked me for my time and then proceeded to mispell my email ID, which comprises the name of a Scottish clan. Hmmm, don't know what to make of all this. Is it a sign or a forgivable SNAFU?

jonu
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe the company is delaying as long as possible in relation to the spp cutoff timeframe so that not too many shortsell their shares to buyback in. Either way it seems Mickeymouse to me. The directors should be more onto it than this.

meesham
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I think it could be an interesting open for HTM on the ASX, buyers are building. I'm really not sure what to make of the delay on the announcement, it could be CM sitting on their hands and HGD can't make the announcement until they receive official word.

Tanger
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
All very bizzare. Fingers crossed they are going to announce something else at the same time (JV partner) and just need to finalise the last details, although I suspect it is more likely they just haven't got around to sending in the announcement to the NZX. A few buyers lining up in Aus for opening over there.

Crispy
04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Maybe the company is delaying as long as possible in relation to the spp cutoff timeframe so that not too many shortsell their shares to buyback in. Either way it seems Mickeymouse to me. The directors should be more onto it than this.

Anyone selling their shares and planning to buy back in the spp risks getting scaled back and only ending up with about half the shares they originally had.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
it's going to be interesting, even more interesting when hgd goes in the media.

enjoy the ride, people.

clarky
04-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe HGD has not have received written confirmation of the permit being granted as CM probably still use snail mail. You would think that confirmation would go straight to HGD by e-mail or some form of technology before it is listed on the CM website. I can't think of any other explanations...

Tanger
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
There is a document attached on the crown minerals website with the offical sign off. They could just go there and print it off for themselves. It is all very strange.

Ponda
04-12-2009, 12:00 PM
ASX is going to go off!!!
All we need is just one little wee announcement.
My hangover is starting to feel a little better but I'm sure that the Ann will just bring on another one.
Maybe management are going to wait till Aussie opens??

meesham
04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
ASX is going to go off!!!
All we need is just one little wee announcement.
My hangover is starting to feel a little better but I'm sure that the Ann will just bring on another one.
Maybe management are going to wait till Aussie opens??

A few games being played over there, I saw a couple of big orders come and go.

Waiting on a BCC announcement today too (and possibly one from VIL), going to be a long day...

Ponda
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Nice 20% lift on the ASX, only 12% on NZX and that is without it hitting the media yet.
This is a great base to get the SP going when it is released.

Few other Ann I'm waiting on WHN, BCN. Tis going to be a long day indeed.

Paint it Black
04-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Maybe HGD has not have received written confirmation of the permit being granted as CM probably still use snail mail. You would think that confirmation would go straight to HGD by e-mail or some form of technology before it is listed on the CM website. I can't think of any other explanations...

I think you are right Clarky. The guy I spoke to at CM last Friday said they simply post a confirmation to the applicant. Presumably this contains the detailed permit conditions which will be interesting to read.

Aotea
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
HGD got a hardcopy confirmation this morning, with the grant dated today!

They are writing an annoucement right now..

Any aussie holders may get rung by an outfit called Radar, to see if they are taking up the SPP.

Great news, a great day....

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:15 PM
let the game begin. long day, but who cares

meesham
04-12-2009, 12:26 PM
4.5cents has been wiped for HGD and there doesn't seem to be many new sellers

Ponda
04-12-2009, 12:30 PM
That 4.5 just put me back into the green.

There is only about $100,000 worth of shares for sale up to 9.9 cents. Who wants to take it out??

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:37 PM
i wonder where is Gr8day...he was suppose to be the most active person..

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
That 4.5 just put me back into the green.

There is only about $100,000 worth of shares for sale up to 9.9 cents. Who wants to take it out??

the directors should come in now...come come!;)

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:39 PM
the announcement we've been waiting for,
it's finally here.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:42 PM
NEWS RELEASE 4 December 2009
HERITAGE GOLD GRANTED TALISMAN MINING PERMIT
Listed mining company Heritage Gold ("Heritage") has secured the North Island’s first commercial
gold mining permit, outside of Waihi, in 18 years.
The permit paves the way for mining in an area which was a major gold producer historically and
is expected to produce much more in future years.
The permit was approved by the Minister of Energy and Resources, Hon Gerry Brownlee, and
covers the Talisman mine which previously produced a total of 1 million ounces of gold and 3
million ounces of silver, and has the potential to triple those figures.
The Talisman mining permit has been granted for a 25-year term. This will allow joint venture
negotiations, resource enhancement, mine planning, mine development and processing to
proceed in sequence.
Heritage executive director Peter Atkinson says this is a landmark day for Heritage and its loyal
shareholders. “The conditions of grant provide Heritage Gold with excellent operational flexibility
and time to secure the necessary resource consents and an access arrangement with the
Department of Conservation.”
"While today is a milestone for Heritage, it is also a very important day for the industry and New
Zealand" Mr Atkinson added. “The mining permit is a key step in the commercial development of
the Talisman mine. Its approval signals the prospectivity of the area to international companies
and provides confidence in the current minerals legislation and those who administer it,” he says.
Heritage is already in discussions with Chinese groups for a joint venture to progress the project.
Mr Atkinson says mining will require resource consents. “Using the experience we have gained in
the area and our baseline environmental studies we are confident the consent process will
proceed smoothly. We also have developed a sound relationship with the Department of
Conservation by meeting all requirements of its access arrangement.”
An earlier scoping study 2, in which several mining and treatment options were considered,
suggested geological potential ranging from 0.83M oz to 3.3M oz gold.
The scoping study’s base case scenario suggests progressive project development to sustainable
production of 50,000 oz gold per annum over 3 years, with a medium term objective of up to
100,000 oz gold annually, and construction of a suitable treatment plant to process the ore
nearby. Using an average gold price of $US800 per ounce and a discount rate of 17% the project
had an indicative pre tax net present value (NPV) of $40 million.
Mr Atkinson says, “The Company spent some $10 million on exploration in the northern
Coromandel and suffered the loss of all its gold properties when a 1997 amendment to the Crown
Minerals Act prevented further development.”
“Heritage then shifted its focus south to the Waihi district, building an attractive portfolio of gold
properties with the investment of a further $9.5 million.”
“It has been a long term commitment by Heritage and its shareholders to get to this point and this
is a welcome result.”
“Heritage has developed significant expertise in NZ gold and base metal exploration and has
identified several exciting prospective target areas for further work.”
For further information please contact:
Peter Atkinson
Executive Director
021 630 463
This report is available at www.heritagegold.co.nz
About Heritage Gold
Heritage Gold (NZ) Limited is a leading New Zealand, dual listed (NZSX: HGD, ASX: HTM)
minerals exploration company with over 1600 Australasian shareholders, a portfolio of high
quality mineral prospects in both countries and a current market capitalisation of NZ$ 10 million
(A$8 million).
Its gold tenements in the southern Coromandel region of New Zealand include the historic
Talisman Mine at Karangahake which has a JORC3 resource of 205,000 oz gold and 800,000 oz
silver. It produced over 1 million oz gold and 3 million oz silver during its peak mining period.
Heritage Gold owns 33 percent of Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd (formerly Broken Hill Cobalt Ltd),
which is planning to develop a cobalt project at Thackaringa in New South Wales. BHPL holds
tenements about 22km south west of Broken Hill, which host Broken Hill style base metal
occurrences, as well as a near surface cobalt deposit.
1. The information in this report that relates to exploration results is based on information compiled Mr
Murray Stevens. Mr Stevens is an independent consulting geologist who is a corporate member of
the AusIMM. Mr Stevens has sufficient experience which is relevant to the style of mineralisation
and type of deposit under consideration and to the activity being undertaken to qualify as a
Competent Person as defined in the 2004 Edition of the “Australasian Code for Reporting of
Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves”. Mr Stevens consents to the inclusion in
this report of the matters based on his information in the form and context in which it appears.
2. The stateme nt referring to geological potential in the Talisman Project Scoping Study is based on
the recognition that only part of the geological potential will be realised. The figures quoted range
from 25% realisation to full realisation of the geological potentia l. This gives the range of 3.84 million
tonnes at 6.7 g/t Au and 20 g/t Ag, for 827,000 ounces of gold and 2.47 million oz of silver to 15.37
million tonnes at 6.7g/t gold and 20 g/t silver, for 3.3 million oz gold and 9.88 million oz silver. The
potential quantity and grade of the geological potential is conceptual in nature and insufficient
exploration has to date been completed to allow estimation of a mineral resource, as defined in the
JORC code. It is uncertain whether further exploration will result in the determination of a mineral
resource.
3. The JORC resource of 205,000 oz gold and 800,000 oz silver was reported on 11 May, 2005.

Landyman
04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
the announcement we've been waiting for,
it's finally here.

Pity no JV announcement, but smiling anyway.

Ponda
04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
ASX is in a TH.
Thought that we might have got one too.

Cannibal
04-12-2009, 12:51 PM
ASX is in a TH.

It is - and there is a bid in at 8.1 cents - now wouldn't that be nice...

stone small green
04-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Pity no JV announcement, but smiling anyway.

...it said in the ann that hgd are discussing jv issues with a chinese company..
another agria?:eek:

i'm pretty sure that i saw someone bid 8.1c on the asx...

Crispy
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Asx is now trading at 4cents someone is buying up big

meesham
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Had a bite at 4.8c for HGD and we've hit 4c for HTM. My guess is HTM is going to be a bit more volatile today, I think the daytraders are going to get a hold of it.

Now to move my stops up and get out my cheque book for the SPP...

Captain Ramjet
04-12-2009, 12:59 PM
what is the stock code on the ASX?

Doyle
04-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Whats the SPP issue price?

Captain Ramjet
04-12-2009, 01:00 PM
scratch that....thanks meesham

Ponda
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
3.5 cents (NZ) for HGD
2.8 cents (AU) for HTM

PhaedrusFollower
04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Started reading this thread for the first time ever at 1130am this morning...not being a holder, I wasn't really bothered by what HGD was doing....but...the scoop on the announcement - that got me tres excited and by time I got my broker to buy...we the shareholders in HGD had pushed the price to 4.5c in NZ.... so, I am now in at the current top price...sellers are at 4.8

Let's hope...the crunchie bars are on me!

stone small green
04-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Whats the SPP issue price?

i THINK it was 2.8c for htm and 3.2/3.5 for hgd?

Doyle
04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah thanks guys finally found my documentation, swore I wasn't going to subscribe as this is a spec buy for me. But i'm in the green again and am seriously thinking I should probably participate now, as with the share price heading towards 5cents the spp could end up highly dillutionary.

Thinking not subscribing for at least a few thousand dollars worth could be a big mistake.

Turboman
04-12-2009, 01:09 PM
There seems to be a lot of excitement on this thread from the posters but not a lot of action from the coy. The reality is this is still a high risk coy at this stage and sure there may be a large upside but it certaintly doesn't come without the downside risks.

This coy has no revenue and is still some distance away from generating any, it has limited cash, limited bank funding hence it needs a JV partner. I think whatever JV partner is choosen will likely get a very favourable deal considering HGD need them not the other way around.

Doyle
04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Rally looks like it might be runnings out of steam, but some mainstream media coverage might change that. Alot of interest in mining from major news agencies lately so could even rate a mention on one news tonight.

I'll make my mind up on SPP on monday.

Crispy
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah thanks guys finally found my documentation, swore I wasn't going to subscribe as this is a spec buy for me. But i'm in the green again and am seriously thinking I should probably participate now, as with the share price heading towards 5cents the spp could end up highly dillutionary.

Thinking not subscribing for at least a few thousand dollars worth could be a big mistake.

I agree.

With the share price now at a decent premium to the spp price the spp is likely to be oversubscribed.

The market should react positively and the share price will have another leg up if the spp is oversubscribed as HGD will be in a very good position (plenty of cash and a mining permit).

Any JV negotiations will give a third leg up to the share price.

meesham
04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Rally looks like it might be runnings out of steam, but some mainstream media coverage might change that. Alot of interest in mining from major news agencies lately so could even rate a mention on one news tonight.

Sound thinking. I'm going to go back to doing real work now and hope that my stops don't get triggered, I also need scrape together that $10K if I decide to go ahead with it.

PhaedrusFollower
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
just hit 5c.... yay, I am up 10% :)

pigeon
04-12-2009, 01:36 PM
just hit 5c.... yay, I am up 10% :)

managed to get in late yesterday at .04 so 25% in a day
glad the news took a long while to be announced to the market

Captain Ramjet
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
in at 3.9, out at 5. Nice little earner. Thanks for the heads up sharetrader :-)

Turboman
04-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree.

The market should react positively and the share price will have another leg up if the spp is oversubscribed

The SPP can't be oversubscribed, each investor has the option to purchase upto $10,000 NZD of HGD shares, they don't have an option to purchase more.

So in reality this will be undersubscribed, especially considering that some shareholders will not have $10k to invest in this coy (remember there are a lot of small investors in this company)

I would expect that after the SPP the shareprice will pull back as some investors who borrowed money to partake sell down, or investors selling down to lock in gains.

Turboman
04-12-2009, 01:52 PM

This company is at present tiny in the scheme of things. So far it has received little media coverage and I wouldn't expect that to change quicky. I would be very suprised if this got a mention on one news tonight!

ScrappyO
04-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I think we may see another run at the end of the day....Then with media coverage over the weekend then a good run on monday.

ScrappyO
04-12-2009, 02:04 PM
The SPP can't be oversubscribed, each investor has the option to purchase upto $10,000 NZD of HGD shares, they don't have an option to purchase more.

So in reality this will be undersubscribed, especially considering that some shareholders will not have $10k to invest in this coy (remember there are a lot of small investors in this company)

I would expect that after the SPP the shareprice will pull back as some investors who borrowed money to partake sell down, or investors selling down to lock in gains.

Only a limited amount of share's 15% of total on issue so you may not get the full 10K's worth.

Crispy
04-12-2009, 02:07 PM

From the NZX website the "Number of Securities to be issued following event: up to 86,310,996 ordinary shares."

If all 1600 holders were to take up their full 10K at 3.5 cents that gives a total of 457M shares and the SPP would be scaled back on a prorata basis.

I agree that many holders will be unable or unwilling to participate in the spp. But still it is possible that the SPP may be over subscribed just needs about a 20% uptake.

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 02:37 PM
.......hi everyone............still recovering from hangover (jokes). Things are looking good.....ive got way laid in Thames......writing from the library!! Have we hit 12c yet?? DONT SELL below this price please...........at least not till I get home! Im sticking to my price target of $1.25 in 2 yrs. Hi to all my fellow HGD believers (you know who you are). God bless Gerry. xxx

Ponda
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
GR8DAY.

Here are the last transactions.

4.5 100,000 14:14
4.5 170,000 14:00
4.5 100,000 13:49
4.9 128,000 13:17
4.9 25,000 13:13
5 30,500 13:10
5 19,500 13:10
5 10,000 13:08
5 30,000 13:01 SP
4.8 50,000 12:57
4.8 13,000 12:55
4.8 15,000 12:54
4.5 100,000 12:52
4.5 11,750 12:24
4.5 103,000 12:24

Turboman
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
From the NZX website the "Number of Securities to be issued following event: up to 86,310,996 ordinary shares."

If all 1600 holders were to take up their full 10K at 3.5 cents that gives a total of 457M shares and the SPP would be scaled back on a prorata basis.

I agree that many holders will be unable or unwilling to participate in the spp. But still it is possible that the SPP may be over subscribed just needs about a 20% uptake.

Apologies, I missed the fine print in Appendix 7.

Turboman
04-12-2009, 02:50 PM
.......hi everyone............still recovering from hangover (jokes). Things are looking good.....ive got way laid in Thames......writing from the library!! Have we hit 12c yet?? DONT SELL below this price please...........at least not till I get home! Im sticking to my price target of $1.25 in 2 yrs. Hi to all my fellow HGD believers (you know who you are). God bless Gerry. xxx

Are you sure you aren't still drunk? Can you explain any of your reasons behind $1.25? why not 12.5cents or $12.50 or 1.25 cents?

jonu
04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Over 10mil volume on ASX today which is encouraging. A little surprising NZX isn't at least half as much.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Over 10mil volume on ASX today which is encouraging. A little surprising NZX isn't at least half as much.

nzx don't have as much as day-traders that plays around with price,
and besides. aussie is a much bigger market.

like to see how it goes in the weekend with respect to media report.;)

Ponda
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Great to see we re having an afternoon run.

I have borrowed the below link from a poster on HC (Thanks JeSSicaWabbit, hope you don't mind)

An article in 'ProactiveInvestor'

www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/3639/share-price-up-as-heritage-gold-granted-talisman-mining-permit-3639.html

stone small green
04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
there has been a simliar article on nzx site
here is the link
http://www.nzx.com/news/markets/3128418/Heritage-Gold-gets-25-year-mining-permit

stone small green
04-12-2009, 04:22 PM
"Heritage is already in discussions with Chinese groups for a joint venture to progress the project," Mr Atkinson said.

i'm interested to see how this works.

Cannibal
04-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Great to see some publicity - there should be lots more next week.

I particularly like these quotes -

The permit was approved by the Minister of Energy and Resources, Hon Gerry Brownlee, and covered the Talisman mine which previously produced a total of 1 million ounces of gold and 3 million ounces of silver, and had the potential to triple those figures.

Using an average gold price of $US800 per ounce and a discount rate of 17% the project had an indicative pre tax net present value (NPV) of $40 million.

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 04:29 PM
cheers Ponda m8....back home now......just about to catch up properly......looks like it's bin a fun day as expected! Yep definitely $1.25 turbo man.....that's about half wot my m8 got for his 600000 odd Mineral Resources a year or so after they started mining at Martha Mine (so Im being conservative)........GP then around half what it is today! Go you beautiful thing.

ScrappyO
04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
there has been a simliar article on nzx site
here is the link
http://www.nzx.com/news/markets/3128418/Heritage-Gold-gets-25-year-mining-permit

Same article in the nzherald now.

STRAT
04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
"Heritage is already in discussions with Chinese groups for a joint venture to progress the project," Mr Atkinson said.

i'm interested to see how this works.Hi fellas

So you have your permit and talk of partners but its still not exactly going off like a fire cracker. What gives:confused:

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
...my insider at Martha (who also has chinese connections) says Newmont is working to full capacity and doubts they will be processing our ore (at the moment anyway). Looks like our new JV partner will be assisting after all in that respect. Peter Atkinson now talking of a potential 3million ounces of GOLD plus there's always the possibility of hitting a new seam using modern techniques and technology. Monday shud be even bigger than today as this news filters thru to Joe average on reading the business pages...here's hoping.

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 04:54 PM
hi strat.......you saying 15-20% gain on only day one is not going off m8? Im saying it's the best possible start to a new dawn for HGD......just the beginning. (200% gain in a couple of mnths aint that bad anyway is it?)

STRAT
04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Monday shud be even bigger than today as this news filters thru to Joe average on reading the business pages...here's hoping.Thats the thing eh? Its not cab drivers you want taking an interest. Its day traders and on the other side of the ditch it has hardly moved. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything just interested in whats goin on. Ive been in and out of this one a few times and if Oiler thinks its a goodin then I take note. But it aint goin off. Yet anyways

By the way a close @ 5c (NZX) or above would be a bloody good sign for next week

stone small green
04-12-2009, 04:58 PM
hi strat.......you saying 15-20% gain on only day one is not going off m8? Im saying it's the best possible start to a new dawn for HGD......just the beginning. (200% gain in a couple of mnths aint that bad anyway is it?)

i have to say gr8day
i love your optimisim:D

meesham
04-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Thats the thing eh? Its not cab drivers you want taking an interest. Its day traders and on the other side of the ditch it has hardly moved. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything just interested in whats goin on. Ive been in and out of this one a few times and if Oiler thinks its a goodin then I take note. But it aint goin off. Yet anyways

By the way a close @ 5c or above would be a bloody good sign for next week

I think it'll start showing up on people's nightly scans, it's up 10% (up 33% at one point) with a volume of 1.3 million. I agree with you that it's not going off yet, but I'm optimistic about it.

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
.....cheers SSG. Oz not lookn too bad STRAT. cud end up 10% for the day. Personally id rather see these more modest and consistent moves (preferably north).....keep the short sighted day traders at bay.....if it wasnt for them HGD SP wud be travelling one way. I still maintain if things keep falling into place for us, and GP stays in the range it has been lately (Im picking much higher)......SP will be closer to 30c before any mining even starts. So far so gud I say!

STRAT
04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
hi strat.......you saying 15-20% gain on only day one is not going off m8? Hi GR8DAY,
For a microcap with news thats been 20 years in the making. Not really. Gains made from the bottom in Dec08-March09 are great but I reckon are largely in part due to the rise in the POG.

Like I said not trying to rain on your parade.

Ponda
04-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Here is a link to the HC which some have found some great news releases.
STRAT If this thing doesn't take off i'ill, i'll, i'll, well I don't know what I'll do to be honest.

Enjoy the read.

http://beta.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=1&tid=1058869&msgno=4818065#4818065

GR8DAY
04-12-2009, 05:37 PM
......well I guess STRAT the reason it hasnt hit the STRATosphere today can only be the SPP holding it back in a double wammy kind of way. 1. many are holding back buying more knowing they can now top up thru the SPP (IM in this camp) and 2. some will be selling at these higher prices to make a profit by using that money to buy into the SPP.........as I say a double wammy. Factoring this in......not a bad days gain.

STRAT
04-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Here is a link to the HC which some have found some great news releases.
STRAT If this thing doesn't take off i'ill, i'll, i'll, well I don't know what I'll do to be honest.

Enjoy the read.

http://beta.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=1&tid=1058869&msgno=4818065#4818065Thanks Ponda.

stone small green
04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
There is one thing I don't understand, assume at least half of shareholders take spp,
on dec 18, which should be the day those share can be traded.
Wouldn't it have a huge effect on the sp?
On the assumption that share price is over 6c by that time( and it probably will since the media has started reporting).

I had taken part in the twr's capital rising and the sp was issued at 1.34( mp 1.7)
it didn't hav a impact. I'm not sure this is the case for Hgd
Ssg

miner
04-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Go away for a day and you guys do a zillion posts,got your permit I see,best of luck with the rest of the journey,will be interesting to watch.

Cheers
miner

Ponda
04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Miner,

Come and join us, we'll even make room on the bus for you.

miner
04-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Leave you to it boys,will just watch from the sidelines and see how it pans out,be interesting to see if and how they mine it,had an interest in this sort of stuff all my life and know the mine so just watching will be fine,as have said before tho,BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS HOPE YOU MAKE ZILLIONS.

Ponda
04-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Cheers,

Thanks for that Miner.

It will be interesting watching the next phase, as far as JV, mining, SPP and everything else.

Aotea
04-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh come on Miner..grab a few while they are cheap.

Be quick though, there's only a few left....!

lager
04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
After holding HGD since mid 90's and buying most of the options, I hope this is the BIG one. Good luck fellow traders.

chippy52
05-12-2009, 08:44 AM
For those who wish to have the medie involved, will this be sufficient.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/heritage-gold-gets-mining-permit-difficult-period-over-115934

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10613484

Google is your friend.

stone small green
05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
For those who wish to have the medie involved, will this be sufficient.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/heritage-gold-gets-mining-permit-difficult-period-over-115934

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10613484

Google is your friend.

this was yesterday, I think we were focused on the weekend.
Manage to pick up a domino post, and saw a small corner outlining the case

ScrappyO
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Extract from another article in NZherald.

Atkinson said Heritage was in talks with several Chinese gold mining companies and he hoped to strike a deal within the first half of next year.

Mining initially would be done on a small scale with hand-held machines and a processing plant - which would cost more than $50 million - would not be built on DoC land.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10613524

Tanger
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Looks like the news of the mining permit is making it into a lot of media sources (although all pretty much the same story). Monday morning could be very interesting as it is likely to bring in some new investors looking to catch the wave.

GR8DAY
05-12-2009, 12:47 PM
..yep, pretty picture of our man Peter in the HERALD. Actually must say I was quite impressed with the coverage.......wasnt really expecting to find a good sized colour photo attached.....Peter looked good in colour I thought. (sorry cant help myself)
Things ticking along very nicely for HGD now....the coming weeks and months shud see some momentumn come into things including and most importantly(for us).... the SharePrice. Very, very pleased now I havnt sold any for a short term profit.....Ill be throwing another 10k at it next week. We now know this money will be going towards something positive&tangible....no longer just hopeful exploration costs. HGD is about to evolve from prospector into true miner. Lets hope the GP stays strong over the coming months and years. Also sounds like DOC are already satisfied with things...I guess given it's all underground makes things easier in that regard.

newbietrader
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
another 50million ? hmm capital rising again?

Tanger
05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Nah, that will be what the JV partner is for. HGD will put in the mining permit, and the JV partner will contribute cash/expertise. The article also noted a NPV of the project of $40m based on a gold price of US$800 so no doubt someone will be working out what percentage each party gets in the JV.

Kees
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Yea great should be good for the import of chinese coolies with hitachi 2 speed drills to
dig it out and take the profits back to china .
what a outfit finnaly got their permit and straight away going to give it away.
If it is that good you would think there next door neighbours would be in like flynn and
greate a jorg with them.
I certaintly won't be paying them 10k or even $1 .
Just my thought's.

stone small green
05-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea great should be good for the import of chinese coolies with hitachi 2 speed drills to
dig it out and take the profits back to china .
what a outfit finnaly got their permit and straight away going to give it away.
If it is that good you would think there next door neighbours would be in like flynn and
greate a jorg with them.
I certaintly won't be paying them 10k or even $1 .
Just my thought's.

i guess hgd wouldn'tbe able to max their permit resource if don't find a jv.
who would have a **** loads of cash and looking for investment? the chinese.
it's a win win situation to me.;)

Ponda
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
SSG,,
To my mind this is better than a 'win-win'. Sure, there has been media reports that HGD are looking at a Chinese investor. But maybe I have missed the part where they also said 'we are ONLY looking at a Chinese investor'. Perhaps, just perhaps we could be in a position whereby there is actually a few investors who are just dying to come on board and then before we know it, HGD are in a postion where the permit is being fought over.

Secondly: The BOTS have been at play on the ASX yesterday afternoon. WHich is also great news. Can you or I access the ability to use the BOT system. Well, I know that I can't. So, who can? THE BIG BOYS. I have attched the last 15 trades of HTM. Each trade is only $468 dollars worth but there was a lot more trades both buying and selling by the BOTs. But the were buying and selling the same amount of shares i.e. 14,186. They were selling them at a loss. Some of the more experianced traders might like to let us know what that means in the big picture.
3.3 40,604 16:10
3.3 1,396 16:10
3.3 14,186 16:10

Anyways those are my Ponderings for now. Catch you all later.

Oh, BTW, some poster on HC thinks "This could quickly put on a few hundred percent I reckon" Wouldn't that be just yummy.

Crypto Crude
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
good announcement Friday...
Lets rock and roll into 2010...
:cool:
.^sc

GR8DAY
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
.....Ponda m8, wot the fudge are BOTS??

stone small green
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
a question that might be laughed at.

what are BOTS?

GR8DAY
05-12-2009, 05:43 PM
.....ROBOTS perhaps??

Ponda
05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
GR8DAY, SSG,
Guys I'm a complete novice BUT.....
My understanding of them is: Well I was going to describe them best that I could but I found this on HC which puts it far better than I could

So what is a trading bot?

Firstly a trading bot is a piece of software which is built to execute certain command/s when specific criteria’s are met.

Bots can execute a buy bid at a specific price, or a sell bid at a specific volume. There are many variables that may be programmed into the bot.

The reason it is used, is to automate a specific task that may otherwise become repetitive for a human.

Why use a Bot?

There are many uses for a trading bot.

They can be used to buy/sell a parcel of shares at a certain price limit, volume based, VWAP based (Volume Weighted Average Price) or any other criteria that the programmer wants to achieve.

It is also possible to use a bot to sustain a specific price range. In order to do this the bot may be programmed to continuously buy a specific parcel of shares when a specific price is reached, hence continuously maintaining a consistent share price. This is viewed as a means of accumulation at a specific price range.

Advantages of using Trading Bots.

The most obvious advantage is emotions. A bot does not think as it is a piece of software. It does not trade shares based on emotions, it uses mathematical calculation and when a certain criteria is met, the bot executes the specific requested trade.

The second advantage is speed. A bot’s reaction is measured in milliseconds compared to a human who could take at best a few seconds to complete a trade execution. When dealing with certain criteria’s, these may be met by the Bot 100 in a fraction of time frame, and all will be executed, where a human could take 1 hour to execute 100 trades.

Another advantage is a Bot operates 24 hours if required. It does not eat nor sleep! Apart from the initial cost to program and setup the Bot, it operates free of charge.

Disadvantages of using Trading Bots

The main disadvantage of a Bot is it does not react to announcements!
Now as mentioned earlier, Bots are very useful and quick in their execution, but what if a sensitive news announcement was released and the Bot was programmed to sell while the stock was in a downtrend at the time?

That would be disastrous for the programmer, as all shares would have been dumped on open after the news release.

I believe this particular disadvantage in some cases outweighs any benefit using a Bot, of course only if left unattended!

I have recently discovered another reason for using a Bot from my broker as I queried certain peculiar trades in the course of sales.

I was advised that certain brokers use Bots to act on behalf of a large investor wishing to accumulate a larger than normal parcel of shares.

In order to achieve this without spooking the market a Bot is setup to continuously buy smallish parcel at a certain limit in price while following VWAP to speed the process. The market in general would be unaware of the accumulation as only small parcels are bought.

Ponda
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
The last two paragraphs are the important ones IMHO

Ponda
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Yankiwi,
STOP IT!!! You're getting me all excited.

But the numbers are looking great.

The other one I like is that HGD have said that they will be working on 50,000 oz per year (Does that start in 2010??) @ $1,161 oz

50,000 x $1,161 = $58,050,000 per year. Less costs of course.

ScrappyO
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Another angle to be looked at...

HGD market cap @ 4.6c = $13,234,353 NZD

13,234,353 NZD @ .716 = $9,475,797 USD

~JORC (minimum) gold = 205,000 oz

205,000 x $1,161.30 USD/OZ = $23,066,500 USD value

~Possible 3,000,000 oz gold

3,000,000 x $1,161.30 USD/OZ = $3,483,900,000 USD value

~ So split the difference @ $1,860,983,250... Yes.. nearly 2 Bil USD

287,703,320 share on issue x $1.00 NZD (yep I'd sell @ far less than $1 in a heartbeat) = $287,703,320 NZD or $205,995,577 USD

I'm sure you're now thinking what I am.... :rolleyes:

TAKEOVER TARGET... big time! :D

Newmont isn't interested in a JV deal... Just maybe they want to buy it outright! :D :D :D

205,000 x $1,161.30 USD/OZ = $23,066,500 USD value should be $238,066,500 USD... :eek:

Makes the market cap seem small eh!

GR8DAY
05-12-2009, 07:55 PM
......hey you 2 your'e starting to make me sound like a pessimist....stop stealing my thunder!! Keep crunching those numbers guys Im really liking what I hear......might have to raise my $1.25 sell order. "HGD will be the top performing stock on the NZ exchange for 2009".....quote Gr8day.

ps Ponda m8 Im still confused on those robotic things???

Ponda
05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
GR8DAY

Please anybody who is able to descibe it better, jump in a help me out!!!
I have done a little bit of reading up on 'BOT trading" and I don't really understand it either but I will try and give it a nudge.

A large investor wishes to buy/sell shares in a company. They are not wanting the 'market' to know that they are interested in a share. If the market became aware then there is the chance that other people will sell/buy based on what that Investor is doing.
That investor may want to move, say, one million shares. If they put a bid/ask on the market that highlights what the intention is. Generally it is done on very liquid stocks and so generally you won't see the trades going through as there are too many other trades and those trades are disguised by other traders. So unless you are watching you won't see all of those, as in HTM's case the 14,186, trades going through.
It's an easy way to acquire/dispose of shares. Sometimes it is done on a time basis so every 2, 7,15,25, minutes or whatever they choose, othertimes it's whan a share reaches a price, the VWAP, or any other criteria that the Investor wants.

It's really difficult (for me at least) to be able to identify if a BOT is buying or selling. Check the depth of MSB. That has a BOT on it and it has been for the last 17 weeks. Since I have been watching it, it has gone up 15%, another one BRM has gone up 50% in the same time frame, yet RES has gone down 29% and that still has a BOT on it. All ASX.

Here is a link to HC that has more information on BOT's. It's heavy reading but may help.
http://beta.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=1&tid=1059420&msgno=4820493#4820493

I hope that it kinda helps. IMHO haveing a BOT can only be a good signb for Heritage.

GR8DAY
06-12-2009, 08:10 AM
.....cheers Ponda&thanks. a lot clearer now & i agree it's probably a GOOD sign for HGD rather than negative.....I cant imagine those number of shares been placed on the market for sale (for such an illiquid stock as Heritage) and not affecting the SP in a very negative way........but Buying them at regular intervals wud be just moping up wots available (on a busy day) without triggering a panic rise in SP......so yes loks like someone is accumulating in Oz....will be interesting to see if it continues....you might have blown it for them now!! clever move tho, why didnt I think of that!! Anyway tomorrow Im gonna 'mop' up another 350000 with/without the same effect.

Ponda
06-12-2009, 10:18 PM
T minus 13 hours and counting. :D

Hey Yankiwi,
Wonder how many hours employers are going to get out of HGD/HTM holders tomorrow?

Aotea
07-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey Yankiwi,
Wonder how many hours employers are going to get out of HGD/HTM holders tomorrow?

Not a lot I'm guessing!!!

Ponda
07-12-2009, 09:25 AM
At last.
Today is the first day in living history (well, in my memory, at least) that I have seen the buy side bigger than the sell side.
2.3 million versus 1.4 million.

I'm liking that.

stone small green
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
it would be nice to see the buyers build up "billions"

anyway, a good start to the day

Ponda
07-12-2009, 09:39 AM
SSG & GR8DAY.
I've just flicked you a P.M.

Turboman
07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Using an average gold price of $US800 per ounce and a discount rate of 17% the project had an indicative pre tax net present value (NPV) of $40 million.

Market cap of appox 13mil already, and considering there will be a JV taking a share of value of this $40mil lets say $15mil, leaving HGD a NPV of $25mil for this project. So any upside will be double the current share price. Anyone who thinks the shareprice will go to $1 without discovering more gold is dreaming.

Would love for someone to prove me wrong though.

stone small green
07-12-2009, 09:43 AM
SSG & GR8DAY.
I've just flicked you a P.M.

yeah, saw that yesterday.
I actually saw ur name popping up a few times in that forum;)

so u know i'm in

stone small green
07-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Market cap of appox 13mil already, and considering there will be a JV taking a share of value of this $40mil lets say $15mil, leaving HGD a NPV of $25mil for this project. So any upside will be double the current share price. Anyone who thinks the shareprice will go to $1 without discovering more gold is dreaming.

Would love for someone to prove me wrong though.

agree with u to some extent, from the good old "fundermental view"
price can only moves with more buyer willing to buy. and this will only happen if there is more gold which would indicate more NPV:)

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 09:55 AM
.pnda m8..Im a bit slow, wots a P.M.?

stone small green
07-12-2009, 10:00 AM
.pnda m8..Im a bit slow, wots a P.M.?

private messages, top right corner below ur username;)

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
.....cheers Ponda. Opened up strong.......it's not rocket science ah bro.........JUST DONT SELL THE FRIGGN THINGS......&HEY PRESTO WE ALL GET RICH!!!!

STRAT
07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Recent Trades Price Volume Time Cond

5.4 197,270 10:06
5.1 80,000 10:04
5.2 10,000 10:01
5.2 75,000 10:01
5.1 22,000 10:00
5.1 28,000 10:00
5.1 10,000 10:00
5.1 100,000 10:00
5.1 62,000 10:00
5.1 38,000 10:00
5.1 64,000 10:00
5.1 48,000 10:00

STRAT
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Good start fellas and the volume on Friday will get some attention.
Cant help but wonder if the gap will be filled this avo though.

Good luck

pigeon
07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
off like a rocket... magic

stone small green
07-12-2009, 10:20 AM
i'm keen to see the volume to exceed 2m (friday) to continue the "rocket launch"

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 10:21 AM
......yep makn a good recovery pidgeon...... headn' back to 30c. HOLD ON TIGHT (to your script that is)....that's old talk for share certificates.......lets make this a tightly held stock and have a real happy christmas!!

Cannibal
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I've just re-read the offer document, under "How many shares will I receive?" it states in the second paragraph that it'll be scaled back on a pro-rata basis.

Unfortunately I'm not going to take part, my next provisional tax installment is due next month and the tax man might get a bit annoyed if I buy more shares instead of pay him :)

Looks like the tax man will have to wait - can't miss out on this surely...

pigeon
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
......yep makn a good recovery pidgeon...... headn' back to 30c. HOLD ON TIGHT (to your script that is)....that's old talk for share certificates.......lets make this a tightly held stock and have a real happy christmas!!

I love this stock... and I only bought into it on Thursday afternoon

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
.....sellers getting thin on the ground.......Oz might turbo charge this rocket along even further when it opens....they relate to the mining thing even more so than the average kiwi punter. Looking pretty solid on big volume for HGD.....shud go beyond 2mill 2day.

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 10:54 AM
.......welcome aboard Pigeon.....hope you enjoy your flight!

Turboman
07-12-2009, 10:55 AM

That would mean a market cap of around 85mil for a project only worth a maximum of 40mil. I know markets can be irrational but that would just be stupidity.

I'm picking a couple of good days and SP to increase before a pull back to around the 5cent level where it will remain until more details of a JV are released next year.

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 11:09 AM
.....good luk Turbo if you can get them for that price....somehow I doubt it. Heritage is NOW A TIGHTLY HELD STOCK climbing repidly out of a very long trough.........having said that you can have mine for $1.25......and Ive got LOTS!!!

stone small green
07-12-2009, 11:12 AM
.....good luk Turbo if you can get them for that price....somehow I doubt it. Heritage is NOW A TIGHTLY HELD STOCK climbing repidly out of a very long trough.........having said that you can have mine for $1.25......and Ive got LOTS!!!

2million shares? :rolleyes:

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 11:18 AM
.....SSG is that an order to buy??

meesham
07-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Looks like the tax man will have to wait - can't miss out on this surely...

Yep, posting the cheque today.

whatsup
07-12-2009, 11:21 AM
One has to remember ---- taken from the 2009 annual report.

JORC Resource--Gold 205,000 oz @ US $1150 /oz approx.
Silver 800,000 oz @US $18.50/oz approx.
Identified potential between 827,000 oz and 3,300,000 oz of Gold.
" " " 2,470,000 oz and 9,880,000 oz Silver.

This resource has to have some value to some one apart from the current share holders either as a JV partner, as a take over opportunity or as a toll sharing miner.

Pretty exciting numbers now.
What a difference a week makes!!!!

Turboman
07-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Time will tell, tightly held or not wouldn't justify a share price anywhere close to $1 unless it's just Heritage investors willing to setting less than a 1% return or a negative real return.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking this stock at all. I just find it hard to read some of these comments that have absolutely no basis or analysis behind them. It just reminds me of the excitement of children the night before Xmas, just don't get too dissapointed when you find out Santa didn't bring you what you asked because you were being to unreasonable.

In a couple of months you might be wishing I had brought those shares of you for 5 cents :D

PhaedrusFollower
07-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Just broke 6 cents.... so for those of us who bought on Thursday (me and Pigeon) ...we just cracked through 34%....all thanks to this thread, so from me ...

A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANKYOU HGD studiers....I have read the old posts and feel slightly guilty jumping in at this time, not having felt the pain "since the 90s"....

One question I have... given the good news of the permit and the potential JV...who the heck is SELLING Heritage? If someone can help me with that question I would appreciate it.

Once again, thanks for putting me onto this stock SSG and GR8.

Ponda
07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Just broke 6 cents.... so for those of us who bought on Thursday (me and Pigeon) ...we just cracked through 34%....all thanks to this thread, so from me ...

A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE THANKYOU HGD studiers....I have read the old posts and feel slightly guilty jumping in at this time, not having felt the pain "since the 90s"....

One question I have... given the good news of the permit and the potential JV...who the heck is SELLING Heritage? If someone can help me with that question I would appreciate it.

Once again, thanks for putting me onto this stock SSG and GR8.

Probably the guys who bought them at 2 cents not that very long ago.

Turboman is kinda correct in one part. I am like a kid on Christmas eve.

Cannibal
07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I guess some existing holders are selling part of their holdings and using the money to buy back in on the SPP...

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
....gr8 timing PF......who needs to follow charts!! (no offence intended Phaedrus). Yes there are plenty of us faithful HGDrs on this thread who were paying well over 12c at one stage(and even as high as 40c!)......so a wee way to go for them. Just dont be tempted into selling at this early stage m8.....who would anyway we've only had a permit for 4 days after a twenty year wait!! You're part of a new era for HGD.....and TURBOMAN i think YOU might be wishing you had bought them!

meesham
07-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I guess some existing holders are selling part of their holdings and using the money to buy back in on the SPP...

Yep or they're now able to be free-carried.

whatsup
07-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Wheres BAP, ( hasent posted for 3 weeks now ) old holder from the 90's holder of just short of 5,000,000 I do hope he's still on board as he was a well informed contributor to this forum.

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
.....probably find him in Karangahake.... pik in hand, ready to start digging......or maybe just slumped over the bar.....he'll be able to buy the place soon (the whole of Karangahake that is)!!

ScrappyO
07-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I think he sold most of his holding but i could be wrong.

modandm
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
way more volume on asx htm - hgd will follow

whatsup
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
N Z HGD dropping to be in line with HTM !!!

Zito
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
....gr8 timing PF......who needs to follow charts!! (no offence intended Phaedrus).

Hey GR8DAY ( I know you're having one and good on you) :)

Just to let you know that I am holding HGD, and have done so since a technical trendline break buy signal earlier in the year at 1.9c. HGD has been in a strong uptrend since that time (no surprises there!)

I have used TA to enter this stock as any other, will use TA to time an exit whenever that might be. Hopefully not soon.

Good luck to all holders.

stone small green
07-12-2009, 12:11 PM
3m opening on the asx

keen to seen the volume over 13m

whatsup
07-12-2009, 12:26 PM
N Z HGD dropping to be in line with HTM !!!

Classic lesson for all N Z traders/holders/buyers of HGD not to get too carried away when buying on "gut feel" , keep an eye on HTM in Aussie as the traders there dont let a share get too carried away , trading all the time , in some cases several times a day , taking profits along the way, so the SP doesnt rocket away on gut feel, alot of water to run under the bridge etc.

stone small green
07-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Classic lesson for all N Z traders/holders/buyers of HGD not to get too carried away when buying on "gut feel" , keep an eye on HTM in Aussie as the traders there dont let a share get too carried away , trading all the time , in some cases several times a day , taking profits along the way, so the SP doesnt rocket away on gut feel, alot of water to run under the bridge etc.

I think that's just due to day traders.;)

Crispy
07-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I think that's just due to day traders.;)

Maybe NZX needs more day traders. Any volunteers?

stone small green
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Maybe NZX needs more day traders. Any volunteers?

Nzx does not Suit day traders. Lack of traders and volume.
That's from my view;)

clarky
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
i'll volunteer if somebody spots me the $$$

Crispy
07-12-2009, 12:38 PM
i'll volunteer if somebody spots me the $$$

I am spending all my spare cash on the SPP.

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 12:48 PM
......just a bit of unhealthy profit taking......to be totally expected on a 30% daily gain....if anyones thinking about buying now........BE QUICK COS THE SMART MONEY WILL RE-ENTER SOON.
ZITO.....just woteva works 4u m8....gud luk.

Cannibal
07-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Since when is profit taking unhealthy?

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 01:08 PM
.....it's not good for my blood pressure cannibal m8!

Cannibal
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Heh - sorry about that. Sold half my lot today so that I got enough dosh for my full allocation on the SPP.

Tanger
07-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I think there is going to be a bit of that this week. The price is going to bob up and down all week (or at least for the next couple of days). Hopefully after that it will start its steady climb up. Given the current price, looks like the SPP should be well supported and means HGD can get on with hopefully proving up a greater JORC.

Turboman
07-12-2009, 01:25 PM
....gr8 timing PF......who needs to follow charts!! (no offence intended Phaedrus). Yes there are plenty of us faithful HGDrs on this thread who were paying well over 12c at one stage(and even as high as 40c!)......so a wee way to go for them. Just dont be tempted into selling at this early stage m8.....who would anyway we've only had a permit for 4 days after a twenty year wait!! You're part of a new era for HGD.....and TURBOMAN i think YOU might be wishing you had bought them!

I don't think prices of of the 90's have that much relevance here, the company today is different than it was back then. The value of the company will be reflected by its current projects and investments not what has happened 10 years ago.

The time it will take to get this mine producing is certaintly a long way off, there are plenty of hoops to jump through still. Like I have stated before expect the share price to pull back over the coming months especially considering the next step is to get a JV which the company has stated it hopes to have secured in the first half of next year.

There will be plenty of time to buy into this stock over the next 12 months. My offer of 5 cents is looking pretty good right now you sure you don't want to take it now GR8DAY?

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 01:35 PM
......not even close Turbo.....Im happy to hold for the long haul. I happen to be in the camp that's picking a GP above $1500 in the not too distant future. The SP will look after itself as things progress (albeit gradually) but in my opinion the trend is upwards.

whatsup
07-12-2009, 01:43 PM
i don't think prices of of the 90's have that much relevance here, the company today is different than it was back then. The value of the company will be reflected by its current projects and investments not what has happened 10 years ago.

The time it will take to get this mine producing is certaintly a long way off, there are plenty of hoops to jump through still. Like i have stated before expect the share price to pull back over the coming months especially considering the next step is to get a jv which the company has stated it hopes to have secured in the first half of next year.

There will be plenty of time to buy into this stock over the next 12 months. My offer of 5 cents is looking pretty good right now you sure you don't want to take it now gr8day?

who said 10 years ago < try 20 + years ago !!!!!!!!

Turboman
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM
......not even close Turbo.....Im happy to hold for the long haul. I happen to be in the camp that's picking a GP above $1500 in the not too distant future. The SP will look after itself as things progress (albeit gradually) but in my opinion the trend is upwards.

Well I'm not going to disagree with you there. Maybe some common sense coming back into play here. Heritage has good potential upside but the reality is that is still has a long way to go before the value of this company is fully realised

Turboman
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
who said 10 years ago < try 20 + years ago !!!!!!!!

I was mainly referring to that fact that Heritage had spent some $10 million on exploration in the northern Coromandel, then lost all its gold properties when a 1997 amendment to the Crown Minerals Act prevented further development.

Sounds like it has been a painful ride for some investors

whatsup
07-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I was mainly referring to that fact that Heritage had spent some $10 million on exploration in the northern Coromandel, then lost all its gold properties when a 1997 amendment to the Crown Minerals Act prevented further development.

Sounds like it has been a painful ride for some investors

Lets hope that G B can reverse all of the Green / Labour B S of that period , if thats the case then HGD will be sitting pretty as they have lots of exploration knowledge of the Coromandel
Ive worked in the mining industry in Canada and if this industry is fully policed and made to comply with mining/ conservation laws then the rest of the country/population does not have anything to be afraid/ashamed of.

Lego_Man
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm just glad we dont have Red-Greens in power to perpetuate those crimes against our economy.

If we've got resources, we need to exploit them.

whatsup
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Bot tradiong shifted to HGD today, now trading below the opening price doesnt look too good for the rest of the week .

dragonz
07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm just glad we dont have Red-Greens in power to perpetuate those crimes against our economy.

If we've got resources, we need to exploit them.

I think I'd prefer to use the term, 'utilise, as oposed to "exploit", Legoman.:D

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 03:30 PM
.....go on WHATSUP I know you want them, take out that seller at 5c and they'll be off again..... Just think wot that little bundle will be worth at 30c in few months time!!

Lego_Man
07-12-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/EXPLOIT

Main Entry: 2ex·ploit
Pronunciation: \ik-ˈsplȯit, ˈek-ˌ\
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1838
1 : to make productive use of : utilize (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/utilize) <exploiting your talents> <exploit your opponent's weakness>
2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage <exploiting migrant farm workers>
— ex·ploit·abil·i·ty \ik-ˌsploi-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun
— ex·ploit·able \-ˈsplȯi-tə-bəl\ adjective
— ex·ploit·er noun

:D

Ponda
07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Is today such a bad day, really.
ASX down 0.8%
NZX down 0.3%
Gold down (truckloads)

HGD UP 6.5% on top of 3.2 million shares traded.
HTM UP 12.1% with 4.7 million traded.

Peoples scanners will be going off tonight. Looking forward to the response tomorrow.

Yip, not a bad day at all, all considering

Lego_Man
07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Small cap commodity stocks are copping it big time.

Could this be the big USD bounce? Either way, glad i've got a bit of weaker AUD hedge in my portfolio (QBE, ANN).

GR8DAY
07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
.....cudnt agree more PONDA.....an average gain across both markets of around 10% again....maybe this is a trend (upwards).....this is the way gold stocks tend to react so nothings new. Some may have made a truckload today, some a wheelbarrow load. Im still a stakeholder in a miner now with good prospects.....totally happy. As you rightly say with GP down this is a great result and in line with expectations.....admittedly it wud have been nicer to see the SP settle at 6c but there's no question in my mind that 6c will be ancient history one day once the SP hits double digits &trades in whole numbers.

A J
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Have had my courtesy call from HGD today re the SPP, an't got no money to spare though. I'm only small fry. Did it with ISS.AX once though and took up the full entitlement, that paid off fairly well.

Cheers
Aaron

upside_umop
07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I've unfortunately misplaced my SPP form when shifting flats. Are these forms person specific or do you just put in the details of your holdings?

I've emailed Sue Sangster and she has forwarded my email on to the registry..but I doubt I'll get a reply in time.

Any help on how to take this up without the form or anybody with a spare form (if transferable) would be helpful.

Cheers

07-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I would contact the share registry direct. I would expect they would email another form.

Ponda
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I've unfortunately misplaced my SPP form when shifting flats. Are these forms person specific or do you just put in the details of your holdings?

I've emailed Sue Sangster and she has forwarded my email on to the registry..but I doubt I'll get a reply in time.

Any help on how to take this up without the form or anybody with a spare form (if transferable) would be helpful.

Cheers
upside_wmop,

I've still got my application form with me.
It seems as they are specific to the shareholder. it has my CSN/Holder number and also the amount of shares that I have.

It might be worth giving the Computershare Investor Services a phone call.

Hope that helps.

stone small green
07-12-2009, 09:03 PM
i pretty sure i throw my one away as soon as it came in the mail.

Ripeka
08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
i pretty sure i throw my one away as soon as it came in the mail.

Yes it was pretty tempting wasn't it?! lol. hmmmm... have written out the cheque; hasnt quite made it into the envelope.. still pondering. Yes we have mining permit but what about that resource consent etc.. hmmmm...

Aotea
08-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Yes it was pretty tempting wasn't it?! lol. hmmmm... have written out the cheque; hasnt quite made it into the envelope.. still pondering. Yes we have mining permit but what about that resource consent etc.. hmmmm...

Consents will be a breeze...DoC is mostly passive and I understand they have already approved the consenting side, not the access. They wont approve one and scrap out the other. Fish&Game will have minor concerns that can be managed. That really leaves the Maoris to please, and some cash usually fixed that in the Resource Management environment. ITs all go for the consents side...buy up large and enjoy...

STRAT
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
:eek: Theres an alarming amount of Gold fever in here. :D

BAP, you are very quiet on it. Thoughts?

Ponda
08-12-2009, 10:00 AM

STRAT, I'll second your call for BAP to make comment. He has always been a passionate Heritage-ite. Look forward to him commenting, if he does.

Furthermore, STRAT you made mention in the last few days that the 'gap needs to be filled'
Was that done yesterday. I believe it was and that will keep all the neat freaks who like filled gaps and charts looking tidy.

Cheers

GR8DAY
08-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Good morning all......yes Strat got a bit caught up in it myself ystday.......promise not to do so much posting today.......still havnt finished this damn bathroon either so better get back to it..........unless of course..........????

meesham
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I think there's a few panicked sellers today for HGD pushing the price down a bit, it'll be interesting to see what happens with HTM. I really wish I could see the number of sellers like I can on the ASX.

jonu
08-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I think it will be people taking what ever profit they can on the spp. The timing of all this has been my only concern about the spp. I have put in for my 10k worth but the price is going to struggle till this clears from the system imho.

ASX opening today will be interesting, might drag ours up.

GR8DAY
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
.....agree Jonu. I think they cud have planned it better with the SPP ie announced it sometime AFTER the permit came thru etc. IMHO the share price is being held back hugely by it but things will sort themselves out and come right eventually.

Ponda
08-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I think there's a few panicked sellers today for HGD pushing the price down a bit, it'll be interesting to see what happens with HTM. I really wish I could see the number of sellers like I can on the ASX.

Do you mean: Like you can on the NZX

If you did, here is a snapshot on the ASX for HTM

Bids
Quantity No. Price
132,000 1 3.7
328,043 3 3.6
280,000 1 3.5
456,392 4 3.3
100,000 1 3.1
208,333 3 3
67,926 1 2.7
40,400 2 2.5
453,250 1 2.2
100,000 1 2
156,000 1 1.6
Asks
Price No. Quantity
3.8 1 50,000
3.9 1 35,000
4 1 100,000
4.1 2 316,300
4.2 2 200,000
4.3 4 526,217
4.4 5 531,000
4.5 1 222,000
4.8 2 245,107
4.9 1 299,990
5 4 600,000
5.1 1 70,000
5.5 1 40,000
6 1 200,000
6.4 1 20,000

meesham
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Do you mean: Like you can on the NZX

If you did, here is a snapshot on the ASX for HTM

I can't see the number of sellers on the NZX, only on the ASX (I'm using ASB Securities)

Ponda
08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't see the number of sellers on the NZX, only on the ASX (I'm using ASB Securities)

OK. Here is NZX

Bids
Quantity No. Price
202,000 2 4.2
210,000 2 4.1
55,000 2 4
250,000 1 3.8
90,000 2 3.5
184,500 1 3.3
4,000 1 3.2
25,000 1 3
24,500 1 2.5
Asks
Price No. Quantity
4.9 1 73,000
5 3 631,657
5.2 1 100,000
5.3 1 85,000
5.4 1 100,000
5.5 2 150,000
5.6 1 100,000
5.8 1 40,000
5.9 2 68,000
6 4 306,657
6.2 3 69,640
6.3 1 257,142
6.4 1 100,000
6.5 1 100,000
6.7 1 46,390

Cannibal
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Sellers on the NZX

4.9 1 73,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif53 631,657https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.2 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.3 1 85,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.4 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.5 2 150,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.6 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.8 1 40,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif5.9 2 68,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6 4 306,657https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6.2 3 69,640https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6.3 1 257,142https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6.4 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6.5 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif6.7 1 46,390https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif

Directbroking rulz!

GR8DAY
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
......come in Turboman.........is your offer of 5c still valid!!!? (gulp) LOL. As I said earlier "enjoy the ride folks if you're new to Gold Stocks"

meesham
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks very much guys!

Yer for the NZX Directbroking seems to be the better way to go. The only thing keeping me with ASB is my business and personal banking accounts are with them, so I can move money instantly from my savings accounts to my cash management/AUD accounts for trading

stone small green
08-12-2009, 12:00 PM
isn't the slip in gp due to appreciation of the us dollar?

by the way, where can the past share transaction be found?

meesham
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
isn't the slip in gp due to appreciation of the us dollar?

by the way, where can the past share transaction be found?

I usually use www.stocknessmonster.com for both NZX and ASX, only problem is it's delayed by 20 minutes.

stone small green
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks very much guys!

Yer for the NZX Directbroking seems to be the better way to go. The only thing keeping me with ASB is my business and personal banking accounts are with them, so I can move money instantly from my savings accounts to my cash management/AUD accounts for trading

i'm in the same situation with u, might switch to direct broking later though

STRAT
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I think there's a few panicked sellers today for HGD pushing the price down a bit, it'll be interesting to see what happens with HTM. I really wish I could see the number of sellers like I can on the ASX.Asks Price No. Quantity 4.6 2 280,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif 4.9 1 73,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5 2 521,657https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.1 1 70,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.2 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.3 1 85,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.4 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.5 2 150,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.6 1 100,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.8 1 40,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 5.9 2 68,000https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 6 4 306,657https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 6.2 3 69,640https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 6.3 1 257,142https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif 6.4 1 100,000

STRAT
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Furthermore, STRAT you made mention in the last few days that the 'gap needs to be filled'
Was that done yesterday. I believe it was and that will keep all the neat freaks who like filled gaps and charts looking tidy.

CheersNot yet and who you callin a neat freak? :D

Ponda
08-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Not yet and who you callin a neat freak? :D

Some, and I repeat 'some', chartists like having all the gaps filled, all the green arrows pointing up and all the red arrows pointing down before they plunge in and buy up.

Where is the gap on HGD??

Good to see the POG heading up as well.

Turboman
08-12-2009, 03:36 PM
......come in Turboman.........is your offer of 5c still valid!!!? (gulp) LOL. As I said earlier "enjoy the ride folks if you're new to Gold Stocks"

I knew this day would come, I just didn't know it would be so soon! It's the nature of mining stocks when info like this is released to the market. People start acting irrational. You really have to take the emotion out of investing.

stone small green
08-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I actually beginning to hate myself..
I was meant to be a day trader;)

Now I'm persuaded into "gold rush"
greedy greedy. :eek:

GR8DAY
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
....Im sure ur not alone SSG, dont feel too bad m8.....just start thinking 30-40c.....one day for sure....once that JV is even just mentioned they'll be off again...if not sooner. Gold stocks are a hard one and as Turbo rightly points out ,they can become a very "emotional" stock that throws rationality out the window. Im the original "emo" myself but have also experienced the high profits to be made from Gold Stocks. Hang in there m8.

miner
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
JV or just sell it to the highest bidder ???.

Cheers
Miner

BAPP
09-12-2009, 12:49 AM

Hi Strat,

With regards to some recent posts I have to agree with you comment.. re gold fever.

I have been covering 'my bases' with HGD over last few months and you should have already concluded from my last post (reduced my shareholding by 60%) that I am not overly enthused about the future prospects. (I have taken a huge hit ... but thats the choices you make/take)

Unfortunately 'some' of the the current contributers have limited knowledge of the exploration and mining industry in NZ and are trying to use this forum as an avenue for their personal agenda and trading exploits. (good on them if they make a buck, but I hope most people can see through the hype)

I would prefer to offer knowledge and suggestion based on experience and then allow others to come to their own conclusions without specific bias either way.

There are several positives and negatives to consider and if you read my posts from the past I have already covered the issues that are currently under consideration. What is underway now has already been covered numerous times in recent years... just do the research and read.

Strat, due to a huge amount of other commitments at present I have little time to expand on my thoughts, however I would suggest that the SPP gives you a clear indication of the 'delicate' situation HGD management is facing.:eek:

I continue to watch with interest...and I suggest I'm still holding more than most!:rolleyes:

Cheers
BP:)

STRAT
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Some, and I repeat 'some', chartists like having all the gaps filled, all the green arrows pointing up and all the red arrows pointing down before they plunge in and buy up.

Where is the gap on HGD??

Good to see the POG heading up as well.Hi Ponda. Cant remember when I posted about that. Too many pages to wade through but it would have been HTM more than likely.

and I am a bit of a neat freak :o

STRAT
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi Strat,

With regards to some recent posts I have to agree with you comment.. re gold fever.

I have been covering 'my bases' with HGD over last few months and you should have already concluded from my last post (reduced my shareholding by 60%) that I am not overly enthused about the future prospects. (I have taken a huge hit ... but thats the choices you make/take)

Unfortunately 'some' of the the current contributers have limited knowledge of the exploration and mining industry in NZ and are trying to use this forum as an avenue for their personal agenda and trading exploits. (good on them if they make a buck, but I hope most people can see through the hype)

I would prefer to offer knowledge and suggestion based on experience and then allow others to come to their own conclusions without specific bias either way.

There are several positives and negatives to consider and if you read my posts from the past I have already covered the issues that are currently under consideration. What is underway now has already been covered numerous times in recent years... just do the research and read.

Strat, due to a huge amount of other commitments at present I have little time to expand on my thoughts, however I would suggest that the SPP gives you a clear indication of the 'delicate' situation HGD management is facing.:eek:

I continue to watch with interest...and I suggest I'm still holding more than most!:rolleyes:

Cheers
BP:)Thanks for the reply BAP.
As you know I have been watching this one for quite some time. From a neat freaks :p perspective Im not convinced this recent spike is sustainable based on the volume of trade and a few othe things. Interesting to watch though.

whatsup
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
HTG drifting slowly down to the SPP, interesting times or are punters selling to have cash to fund their SPP? I think the latter is 80% of the reason, the share price is cheap enough and with the exciting future that the company has this will be its bottom.
The real question is if holders get scaled back on their individual SPP will they have the courage to top up on market?

Tanger
09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
My personal view is that I can't see it being oversubscribed. There are too many small shareholders, and stumping up $10k is probably a bit too much to expect. Per the 2009 annual report, there were only 349 shareholders that held parcels of greater than 100k of shares. Having said all that, I've sent my cheque in for the full $10k so fingers crossed.

stone small green
09-12-2009, 10:55 AM
My personal view is that I can't see it being oversubscribed. There are too many small shareholders, and stumping up $10k is probably a bit too much to expect. Per the 2009 annual report, there were only 349 shareholders that held parcels of greater than 100k of shares. Having said all that, I've sent my cheque in for the full $10k so fingers crossed.

isn't 100k shares only worth $3500?(according to spp):confused:

Tanger
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Yep, that's my point. The other 1,300 shareholders that hold less than 100,000 shares would be substantially increasing their holding if they fully subscribed under the SPP. They may also be the ones that are trying to lower their average cost by selling down now and then buying back in under the SPP. In any event, likely the price is going to stay around the current levels at least until the whole SPP thing works its course (or there are further announcements).

doon
09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
HTG drifting slowly down to the SPP, interesting times or are punters selling to have cash to fund their SPP? I think the latter is 80% of the reason, the share price is cheap enough and with the exciting future that the company has this will be its bottom.
The real question is if holders get scaled back on their individual SPP will they have the courage to top up on market?

I think it is unlikely there will be any 'scale back'. There has been no announcement from any of the Directors or major shareholders regarding them taking up the SPP. I can't see any reason why any of the top 20 would be interested in throwing more cash in, they likely consider they are well enough exposed as it is. So Co have 20mil now, why would they want an extra 286,000? Likewise Atkinson with 10.9m- he is probably interested in some funds to pay his salary. I believe the only 'investors' likely to be interested here are small shareholders, and most of them may not have, or be willing to risk, the $10k to take up the full entitlement. I find it very interesting the timing of all this is so closely related to the release of the mining permit, with just 2-3 days available to make decisions and get the cheque in the mail. Obviously there was going to be media exposure and an initial 'gold fever' interest, but I reckon most of the so called smart money will not have been tempted.
There will need to be something pretty positive today to get me to write my cheque and get it in the Fast Post today for tomorrow's deadline. However good luck to those who have taken the punt, just don't expect quick profits here as you need to be in for the long term with this one.

Jess9
09-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Agree. As BAP recently said above. Facts haven't really changed yet. Drag IMO remains at the top. HGD needs to move from an explorer mind set to producer - vastly different skills needed. New and externally sourced CEO could fix this, or JV with a partner with management expertise to mine. This is what we continue to wait for and fall into place. Watch the market, IMO need 20m plus daily trading on up move to confirm the re-rate on such an announcement.

GR8DAY
09-12-2009, 12:44 PM
.....the SPP has blown this for everyone IMO......poorly thought out, badly timed. If it wasnt for the SPP I believe the SP mite have continued to firm or at the very least settled around the 6c mark. Shareholders have held back buying more and/or selling to fund&profit from the SPP.....hence price nosedives. They shud have made the permit announcment, let the price naturally climb, find and announce a JV THEN release the SPP plan.......in my opinion anyway?

jonu
09-12-2009, 01:06 PM
You'd have to think a 10% premium on the spp would have to be the bottom out as far as the spp traders are concerned. Beyond that its just panic selling and there's no justification for that.

This still stacks up as a profit making company in the near future.

Paint it Black
09-12-2009, 01:43 PM
.....the SPP has blown this for everyone IMO......poorly thought out, badly timed. If it wasnt for the SPP I believe the SP mite have continued to firm or at the very least settled around the 6c mark. Shareholders have held back buying more and/or selling to fund&profit from the SPP.....hence price nosedives. They shud have made the permit announcment, let the price naturally climb, find and announce a JV THEN release the SPP plan.......in my opinion anyway?

No M8 - I reckon it was very well timed. HGD need cash in the bank to progress the JORC, get an RC and progress the JV. Anyone of these 3 items coming through will give the SP another big boost and improve your stake. To do nothing means HGD eventually becomes too weak to negotiate a good outcome with another company or indeed get a loan and go solo.