PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Gold...HGD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

etrader
16-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Smallish volume but good to see a life in the price of hgd on nzx will be interesting to see how oz opens

croesus
16-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Was hoping to get more at 6,6c this morning..

on another tack I wonder how much Newmont would value HGDs assetts at Waihi.. Bap or Jesse any idea on what Waihi is worth either currently and/or after the nxt round of hopefully positive drilling results.
probably several multiples of the current HGD capitilisation... I would hope...maybe after the nxt drill they should put Waihi mines up for tender ? and concentrate on Australia.

whatsup
16-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Slowly but surely inching higher ,those that didnt take up their warrants are now well and truely out of the money,sometimes its better to keep an eye on the long view not the short term girations, the best is yet to come!!!

etrader
16-07-2007, 03:12 PM
suprised the shares at .064 have not been snapped up yet as it's cheaper to buy on asx than nzx at the moment, after that the sells are .075.

Good to see a little upward momentum today and last few days again.

U-rain-e-um
16-07-2007, 03:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by etrader

suprised the shares at .064 have not been snapped up yet as it's cheaper to buy on asx than nzx at the moment, after that the sells are .075.

Good to see a little upward momentum today and last few days again.

Thanks for that. Only just got online. Picked up that 27000 odd on ASX

etrader
16-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Good buy U

Was jumping online to get them myself, but posted it early and ya spotted, well done.

HGD/HTM having an ever improving day, ok not major volume still but a gradual climb

Notice again on local market all the 7.5c have just been taken next seller now .08 then .098

See buyers now on asx prepared to pay slightly more than the last trade on nzx, seems to be hotting up a little, are people positioning for something this week?

U-rain-e-um
16-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks etrader

You have to start asking a few questions that something might be happening soon. Not many shares on offer and no warrants at all on offer
on both ASX and NZX. Everyones hanging onto these. Good times ahead???

croesus
16-07-2007, 03:57 PM
As I said 16 posts back...news on Thursday morning.

( hoping my "Deep Throat") got it right or I stand to have lots a egg running down my neck

Yme
16-07-2007, 04:00 PM
hi all,
plenty of action on this side of the pond too ,,
peaked 7c today here in Auss,,,

can anyone give me a web site where i can view HGD on the NSX please,,,

Yme

etrader
16-07-2007, 04:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Yme

hi all,
plenty of action on this side of the pond too ,,
peaked 7c today here in Auss,,,

can anyone give me a web site where i can view HGD on the NSX please,,,

Yme

website. www.heritagegold.co.nz or try directbroking web site the code is hgd here

etrader
16-07-2007, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by croesus

As I said 16 posts back...news on Thursday morning.

( hoping my "Deep Throat") got it right or I stand to have lots a egg running down my neck

Hmmm Croesus if you're right, good call if you're not right, no problems as bap has outlined the fundamentals are there with the tripple resource base anyway.

U-rain-e-um
16-07-2007, 04:13 PM
[8D]Depth on ASX looking good people. Fireworks time (I Hope)

etrader
16-07-2007, 04:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by U-rain-e-um

[8D]Depth on ASX looking good people. Fireworks time (I Hope)

You're already made 15% on your purchase U

Yip asx getting good support on buy and sell, nzx thin now not much either side worth looking at a new seller just come out at .09c

another 150k gone through at .068 oz next seller .072c very similar patterns with stock once uranium ann originally came out, a blip up and then it got momentum again with good volume to follow from traders.

Yme
16-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi Etrader,,
thank you for the links

regards
Yme

U-rain-e-um
16-07-2007, 05:31 PM
:)good close coming up on ASX:)

Jess9
16-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Guess we'll see some bouncing up and down for a few days now. Depth looks gappy. So should prove interesting. Funny how fickle the market is. Two weeks ago an ASX seller was dumping down to 5c. Are they all finished, or a few more to come? I'll be happier when we get good solid depth underpinning price increases. This will of course need announcements of substance. We wait and watch.

Jess9
16-07-2007, 08:18 PM
and can enjoy the fun till then ; )

BAPP
17-07-2007, 12:20 AM
[quote]Originally posted by croesus

Was hoping to get more at 6,6c this morning..

on another tack I wonder how much Newmont would value HGDs assetts at Waihi.. Bap or Jesse any idea on what Waihi is worth either currently and/or after the nxt round of hopefully positive drilling results.
probably several multiples of the current HGD capitilisation... I would hope...maybe after the nxt drill they should put Waihi mines up for tender ? and concentrate on Australia.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi croesus,

Based on the existing JORC compliant resource (205k oz gold & 800k oz silver) at Waihi plus making an assumption that HGD can at least double the resource levels for this area, I believe the value of the Waihi gold resource could be in excess of 40-50c per share.(IMO)

However my question would be....why would HGD want to simply sell out of NZ when they also have huge potential in Northland?

Remember the recent economic study of Northland indicated huge mineral resources($billions) in the area and HGD has extensive permit applications which cover several 1000's of sq kms.

That is unless an interested party was willing to pay a premium(well above 40-50c IMO) to ensure both Waihi and Northland were secured in a deal that is! You mention Newmont, but what about OGD?

I personally like outlook for Broken Hill Cobalt and I've taken an extract (below) from The Australian which gives an idea of potential for the Thackaringa project. An IPO in Australia for this project could create a lot of momentum for the company, especially if it is followed up by progress with the uranium initiatives.

< Cobalt is now fetching $US61,000 a tonne and in high demand. Future supply growth depends on the large nickel laterite projects now in various stages of development (all experiencing delays) and on future mining in the Congo, which also has its problematic elements. In other words, supply is likely to be tight.>

I agree with Jess9, we need to see some solid depth supporting today's 'spike' in share price. IMO the volume is still too light to be confident of a revival just yet and if we are to see a continuation of this upward trend we will need a positive announcement between now and the quarterly reports. (I hope croesus is right!)

Anyway I'm just ‘second quessing’ at the moment, so lets see what happens over the next week and just enjoy the excitement! (This should be fun, even my wife is watching with interest-ha ha)

Cheers
BP:):):)

tobo
17-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Last HGD trade yesturday was at 4:59:52pm only $187 worth but taking price up another 0.5 to 8.0c (latest Aus HTM trade just before 3pm had been at AU6.8c = NZ7.6c).
What circumstance are likely to cause such a trade? (Tiny quantity, big jump,5pm.)

GR8DAY
17-07-2007, 08:17 AM
.....controlled ramping bro'! easy to do....someone must be planning thier exit strategy. Get ready for a big DUMP of shares onto the market.

whatsup
17-07-2007, 08:52 AM
tobo/gr8day ,something about nothing , real ramping is very very hard to do successfully as there are too many eyes watching screens all the time and prices usually are brought back to reality very quickly.

Rik
17-07-2007, 10:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by whatsup

tobo/gr8day ,something about nothing , real ramping is very very hard to do successfully as there are too many eyes watching screens all the time and prices usually are brought back to reality very quickly.

I agree however I have seen a lot of very low volume trades of HGD, usually later in the afternoon & usually dragging the share price down. Although you are right in saying ramping is hard to do, HGD doesn't trade as much as some other companies (sometimes it doesn't trade at all in a day).

Yme
17-07-2007, 11:26 AM
lol,,:D:D:D

looks like there's a few standing on the pier watching the boat leave,,,[:I][:I][:I]

1 mill traded over here on this side of the pondage,,,htmo's gathering interest over here this pre market morning and still out of the money.

no need for under pinning in the market depth until the short term traders start taking profits,,,thats when the support of fresh hands needs to come into play and be seen.

until then,,,it's buy buy buy or maybe bye bye bye for some.[:p]

lol :D
Yme

etrader
17-07-2007, 01:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by GR8DAY

.....controlled ramping bro'! easy to do....someone must be planning thier exit strategy. Get ready for a big DUMP of shares onto the market.

Gr8day: The 2333 or so shares were mine i picked up a bundle at .075 but had to just increase the last 2333 to get my full allocation for the day, so it was just that small parcel that crossed after market closed, was no ramping

Yme
17-07-2007, 03:01 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1400/833766620_4a47912726.jpg?v=0

Hi all,
IMHO ,,,
Monthly chart here for the investor,,,triangle basing structure completed at point 5 followed with the breakout on strong volume to a typical 3 bar swing low finding support at the 61.8% Fib return and now looking to continue with the breakout direction.

regards
Yme

BAPP
18-07-2007, 12:50 PM
[quote]Originally posted by croesus
Have purchased more Heads today..... have heard some Chinese whispers emanating from Sydney........should be some news for the market by Thur 19th. probably about 11am our time.
cheers Croesus
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi croesus,

Looking at the trading activity yesterday and this morning it seems ' the rumour' has been closely 'guarded'. ( Lets hope you're in the know, so to speak!)

Either way I'm looking forward to the quarterly reports and an update on all permit areas at the end of the month. I believe good progress is being made in all resource areas.

Even if an announcement doesn't eventuate this week, the outlook for the next 6 months is very positive IMO.

Cheers
BP:)

PS: Contray to some predictions I haven't seen any signs of 'ramping or dumping' of shares either (wow.. what a surprise!)[}:)]

whatsup
18-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Cro---/Bap, if there is some sort of ann tomorrow then surely there would be some meaningful buying today afterall the so called ann is due b4 the aussie x opens so most trades would have to take place this afternoon!

BAPP
18-07-2007, 02:21 PM
[quote]Originally posted by whatsup

Cro---/Bap, if there is some sort of ann tomorrow then surely there would be some meaningful buying today afterall the so called ann is due b4 the aussie x opens so most trades would have to take place this afternoon!
----------------------------------------------------------
Hi whatsup,

I tend to agree-hence my 'closely guarded' comment. Normally you would have expected a 'surge' in trading leading up to any significant announcements. (That definitely hasn't happened yet!)

Cheers

croesus
18-07-2007, 05:02 PM
My Chinese friend in Sydney, is usually very reliable,, so at this stage I am still hoping for some positive news tomorrow...tho trading today does not signify any leaks...???

I would doubt management will say anything till they have the necessary signature.. so maybe I will have egg on my face.
Will be heading into the wilds of the Sth Isl,tomorrow.. and be off line till Monday.
cheers C.

BAPP
18-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Croesus,

I hope you enjoy your South Island adventure and come back on Monday to see we've all made heaps of $$$ from our HGD investment.:)

But if not tomorrow or the next day, our time will come. So don't worry about 'egg on the face'.

The potential is there for all to see, the question is...Can mangement make the most of these prospects and how long will they take?

Cheers

Jess9
18-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Action will be afoot (gold, cobolt and uranium!!) no doubt and if this is of a magnitude to create external interest as it progresses, but before it is finalised so much the better - this may indicate big action. Dates for official releases are often late, so I'd fall of my chair if an announcement pops out tomorrow, but their may well be something along shortly. Lets hope its a nice surprise : )

BAPP
18-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi jess9,

I'm confident that progress is being made on all 'fronts'.

I will also be surprised if their is a significant announcement tomorrow. However 'stranger' things have happened, so I won't discount the possibilty!

I would also suggest that anyone who was interested in being 'in' HGD would have already been a shareholder before the 'rumour' release. So once again what has changed? Nothing!

I purchased based on my research and the belief that the potential must be 'realised' at some stage in the next 12 moths or so. (I'm sure everyone knows my thoughts on the potential already!)

If an announcements appears tomorrow, that will be great. Either way the 'big money' will still be months away IMO. So 'hang' in there for a few more months no matter what tomorrow's outcome is!

IMO, this month and the next quarter will provide the outcome we've been waiting for!

Cheers
BP :)

Jess9
18-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I would think that even if HGD were to keep its gold and cobolt projects on the back burner (which is unlikely - based on announced activity to date, and future intentions stated in HGD's last quarterly). We will see a nice spike when the uranium permits vest (knock on wood) and further spikes as drilling begins - let alone any possible results!

Uranium is hot - parden the pun, so just like oil - a drill and thrill is a coming fella's, and likely before xmas :D

whatsup
18-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I "know" that there WONT be ANY earth shattering ann made tomorrow, business just isnt like this ,thanks anyway for the small heart flutter

BAPP
18-07-2007, 08:14 PM

I "know" that there WONT be ANY earth shattering ann made tomorrow, business just isnt like this ,thanks anyway for the small heart flutter
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi whatsup,

If not tomorrow, you may get another 'heart flutter' at some stage fairly soon!
The indicators are there if you look and management has given us a few hint's of a 'likely' outcome, over the past few months. (ie: NBR article about 6 weeks ago for instance!)

It may not happen overnight, but it will happen! (ha ha)[}:)]

Cheers

PS: Also business doesn't ignore billions of dollars of possible revenue! Especially when the directors are the main shareholders!

Jess9
18-07-2007, 08:30 PM
BAP - what did that (NBR) article indicate again? I will try and get a copy tomorrow. May post if possible. Its not a few pages back is it?

J9

BAPP
18-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi jess9,

Sorry I didn't save a copy! However the basis of the article was HGD being the next SMM and that the company was a 'potential' takeover target.

There are not many exploration company's with such extensive resources and permit areas for further exploration. (both Dunmarra & Northland are very exciting for potential suitors and we already know about Waihi)

If you research all the areas that HGD has exploration permits (pending or existing) you find they are all in very formidable areas which all have an excellent history for producing value for shareholders.( Peter Atkinson is a geologist and knows his 'stuff' in this area).

Cheers

PS: Also business doesn't ignore billions of dollars of possible revenue! Especially when the directors are the main shareholders!

Jess9
18-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Wonder if they are about to sign a nice JV deal for Waihi?? Now that would provide 'meat' for further discussion here. Such activity was indicated to be a priority in the last quarterly. Maybe HGD have leveraged a good deal off waihi drill results to date, and the resulting updated (more accurate) resource structure model. PA did say (I think) that commercial grade feeder veins were likely in these permit areas, however at depth. Anyway enough speculation. Good night all.

Rik
19-07-2007, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jess9

Wonder if they are about to sign a nice JV deal for Waihi??

Wouldn't that be about perfect timing!
HGD SP would be amped up & then we get some more good news on the U permits and then at the end of the year some cobalt news?

Even if one of them fell over we are still looking at a great outcome! :D

BAPP
19-07-2007, 08:41 AM
As I've said, I will be surprised if there is an announcement today, however I am willing to bet that there will many 'eyes glued' to computer screens this morning, including mine! (ha ha)

Jess9, I also suspect that a JV partner must be high on the directors agenda for the Waihi resource and any deal would probably include Northland if their applications are successful.

Cheers

whatsup
19-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Please dont bank on there being any mnining action from the Northland prospects for at least 10 years , it just isnt possible in this day and age with the anti-mining and the RMA regieme,

BAPP
19-07-2007, 10:06 AM

Please dont bank on there being any mnining action from the Northland prospects for at least 10 years , it just isnt possible in this day and age with the anti-mining and the RMA regieme,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi whatsup,

Unfortunately you are 'right' with that comment! I would suggest that it is also the reason the Northland applications are taking so long to be processed/granted!

I suppose that is another good reason for HGD expanding their exploration in Aussie!

Cheers

whatsup
19-07-2007, 10:11 AM
For any mining company the ONLY place to be is in Aussie!!

Woody51
19-07-2007, 10:32 AM
An Aussie company was drilling in Northland without much joy and packed up and went home. I think Northland is totally out of the equation. Nice to have on the books, but any holdings there won't be driving Heritage. Off to work, I will try not to glance too much at the ASX notices. On yesterday's action the chances of a good announcement are zilch!

STRAT
19-07-2007, 12:57 PM
No ann and no volume but its still nice to see blue arrows beside HGD for a couple of days in a row now eh? :)

ScrappyO
19-07-2007, 04:18 PM
CROESUS

Now that the time has passed us by and we have all brought our half dozen to the table you might aswell tell us what might have been.
Just curious really.:D

BAPP
19-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyO
CROESUS
Now that the time has passed us by and we have all brought our half dozen to the table you might aswell tell us what might have been.
Just curious really.:D
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Hi ScrappyO,

From a previous post I gather croesus is in the South Island until Monday, so you might have to wait until next week for a reply.

Maybe his 'chinese whisper' friend got his days 'mixed' up and we'll get the News tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my breathe on that one![}:)]

As you say, it would be interesting to know what the 'rumour' was about in any case, if just to satisfy our curiosity! Hopefully croesus will indulge us next week.

Cheers

whatsup
19-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Lets face it the only rumour is that there arnt any rumours, this is after all HGD that has/is playing facts by the Facts( truth)!(as they should be) - B S always out in the end.

corporateraider
19-07-2007, 09:44 PM
My pick is the rumour was that someone was going to shout morning tea in the office. If the NZO thread is anything to go by some holders seem to be retaining their shares for the promise of sausage rolls at the agm

Rik
20-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Well I'm still happy 6 cents at the start of the week & now we are sitting at 8.5, 41.67% for you guys who bought some more! (I just wish I could have!)

BAPP
20-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi Rik,

It will be interesting to see whether the upward trend in share price momentum can be maintained? The quarterly reports are due out in 10 days, so we may get some indicators leading up to them.

These quarterly's will hopefully give us an update on the 3 main projects and a projected outlook for the next 6 months.

Time will tell!

Cheers

etrader
20-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Stock held up well given that a rumour was floated of a possible ann, obviously nothing has happened to date although there looks to be a small momentum during the week in price paid and a few parcels traded. good to see the stock holding up near the end of a trading week with it up around 35% or so to the end of this week.

Guess investors are waiting for the 1/4 report to come to see how the cobalt "potential" IPO is going, it would be great to have a hint more info from hgd than they've given to date on this.

BAPP
21-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi etrader,

With regards to the 'rumoured' announcement, some people may also be thinking that while nothing came of it this week, it maybe a case of, 'where there is smoke, there is fire', so to speak!.

There have been 'hints' in the media and also in the annual report that the directors are keen to make progress in all resource areas and JV's have been noted on their agenda.

Of course the big question then is when will we see some 'fire'/action to back this up?

I think many of the posts have already covered the possibilties thoroughly and we know there is potential, it's now just comes down to how long you are willing to wait for the action to start!

IMO there is big $$$ for those of us who are prepared to be patient, however everyone will have their own opinions on that!

Have a good weekend and lets look forward to the 'fact' that we will know a 'bit' more in a week or so!

Cheers

Woody51
22-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't know if this has been posted on here before.

From the Sydney Morning Herald 12 July.

A merry chase

Heritage Gold NZ has fielded a New Zealand Stock Exchange query asking it to check out who actually stands behind Bestfield Company, which was listed as a holder of 4.5 per cent on July 2.

Heritage Gold, which has become a latter-day uranium fossicker in the Northern Territory, found out Bestfield's principal place of business is Hong Kong and its registered office is in Monrovia, Liberia, where it was incorporated in 1986.

Bestfield's shareholder list also cleared things up as well. It used to be owned by Fanlau Ltd, which gives its address as the British Virgin Islands, but transferred ownership in February to Leadership Investments, in St Lucia in the West Indies. The sole director is given as "Leadership Investments".

So let's get this straight. The company invests in New Zealand miners, does business in Hong Kong, its registered office is in Liberia, and its sole shareholder is based in West Indies tax havens. And we don't know who its directors are.

Very glad Heritage Gold's chief exec Peter Atkinson could clear this up for the market.

BAPP
22-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Woody51,

Do you think there is some important issues for the HGD directors to consider with regards to the ownership of Bestfield? This topic did come up a week or so back, but I think we all came to a dead end!

The price of gold looks to have some upward momentum at the moment. Anyone want to quess if we are looking at a new 'bull' run?

I don't want to be so forward as to suggest there will 'definitely' be an HGD announcement this week, but if I was a 'betting' man I would be putting a 'few buck's each way on a positive announcement being in the quarterly reports or leading up to them by the end of week![}:)]

Purely speculation on my part though!

Cheers

Woody51
23-07-2007, 02:19 AM
No BAP, I'd be very surprised if Bestfield is not controlled by one or more of the big hitters in Heritage.

Bestfield Company have a large holding in Argonaut Resources, as do Pacific Gold Resources and HFT Nominees (Hill) and Argonaut is chaired by Pat Elliot, who holds a swag of options in Heritage. Bestfield, Pacific Gold and HFT are major shareholders in Heritage.

Bestfield and some of these were also shareholders in the old Pima Mining that morphed finally into Magnesium International. This company has come shuddering down to earth, after it failed to get a big plant in Egypt off the ground. It just raised some cash and looks like it is seeking new opportunities. Elliot is still involved.

Back a few years, Elliot was a non executive director of Eastern Star Resources and Bestfield are recorded in the 2002 Annual Report as holding shares and options in them, as did Elliot. Elliot resigned in November 2004.

(Elliot's also a non-executive director of the newly listed Sapex Ltd (lets see who pops up on its register) and he's Chairman of Australian Oriental Minerals, a real penny dreadful, now looking for new opportunities).

So, it is a big surprise really, that Heritage doesn't know who's behind Bestfield. Very strange, as they say.

STRAT
23-07-2007, 07:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by BAP

Hi Woody51,

I don't want to be so forward as to suggest there will 'definitely' be an HGD announcement this week, but if I was a 'betting' man I would be putting a 'few buck's each way on a positive announcement being in the quarterly reports or leading up to them by the end of week![}:)]

Purely speculation on my part though!

Cheers
BP[:)Its hard not to admire your unwavering confidence and enthusiasm Bap. If anyone from Heritage reads this forum I would like to put it to them to consider putting you ( and Jess ) on the payroll in charge of marketing. There is no doubt in my mind, both of you could do a far superior job than anyone they have right now. As to the big gains last week, I dont think there was enough volume for it to mean anything. In fact I would even go as far as to say that this forum alone could/may have been responsible. I hope we do see some action soon from HGD not only for my self but in particular for the pair of you and I do hope you get what you deserve in the end. Thanks again for the informative thread [:p]
[/quote]

tobo
23-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I notice HGD and HTM prices out of step again.
How many of you buy on both exchanges? (More a question for the investors, the accumulators.)

BAPP
23-07-2007, 09:08 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by tobo
How many of you buy on both exchanges? (More a question for the investors, the accumulators.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi tobo,

Sorry I'm just an amateur in this area, however I think woody51 or Strat may be the people to help you on any questions about buying on both exchanges!

The share prices on each exchange does seem to be out of ‘kilter’ again, however on both sides there does seem to be some support at their current levels. Reasonable volume traded on ASX today, so hopefully we can see similar support throughout the week as we 'close in' on quarterly report time.

I was hoping croesus might also enlighten us all with regards to the ‘rumour’ prediction this week. It wouldn't surprise me if something is in the ‘wind’ and the 'rumour release' was just a week too earlier.

I'd also like to thank Strat for his kind words and support in his last post. From my viewpoint the potential 'speaks' for itself. Now it's up to the management to make the most of the prospects and I believe they have the experience and ability to make money, especially while it's in their interests to do so!

I hope all those 'faithful' HGD shareholders realise a 'big pay day' sometime soon! They do deserve it!

Cheers

Jess9
23-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I will purchase on either xchange depending on the best price on the day. Sold a few heads to buy options last week - to get a little extra leverage to the company, especially with its new interest in those particular Uranium permits (in process now). I think HGD will provide a wild ride over the next 12 months. I will try and get a few more heads on dips going forward. Price tends to go too high and then too low, when it surges and pulls back (much like any share I guess). HGD could well get into the early 20's on some solid announcements.

Croesus what was it you heard - now time is past, come clean please! Maybe were there is smoke...

ScrappyO
23-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Croesus what was it you heard - now time is past, come clean please! Maybe were there is smoke...
[/quote]

He must of got knock off for nearly spilling the beans.....

Also looking forward to the 1/4 report...then hopefully some good stuff at the Meeting on the 29th Aug.

hoping HGD will do a ADY for me too.

tobo
23-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Jess9, buying oppies - So you must be doing this on the ASX since NZ options seem to be almost permanently asleep. Do you find you do more HTM heads than HGD heads because of liquidity?

croesus
23-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Back from the Sth Isl.

I can only presume that we will get an announcement very shortly, as I said all along I half expected egg on my face,
In fairness to my associates ability to carry on paying his mortgage ( Aussie size mgt)... I can say no more..... apart from I am still intending to buy more HTM or HGD this week.
and to paraphrase Dylan.. "the times they are a changing"

night all.
Croesus.

Woody51
23-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Tobo, the problem is that it's hard to get any decent volume at these price levels. If I wanted to buy say 500,000 shares ($35,000 approx) on the ASX over the next few days, I suspect I'd have to bid the price up quite a number of cents.

I haven't worried about the NZX when I have brought. I watch the ASX and get in when the shares are available at what, I think, is a fair price. A few points of a cent here and there will be academic anyway, when the shares take off and there is some genuine liquidity.

Jess I got some more options at 2.6c last week. If the SP is still languishing at these levels in 9 months then all will be lost anyway, I suspect.

BAP, these was some volume on the ASX today - but the price went the wrong way. That's why Heritage needs to crank up the action and its PR - you don't need to many parcels being dropped before the heads start looking very sad.

Woody51
23-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Croesus, even if there is an announcement, it would need to be good. Not sure too many people have Heritage on their radars. It would need to demonstrate, as you say, that times are changing. That's the signal I will be watching for. And if it is good, let's hope they remember to put it in the media release - near the top!!!

Yme
23-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi all,
HTM,,,6.5--6.2 small range over good volume.
i'd like to think the smart money was taking it off the impatient.

Yme

BAPP
24-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Woody51[/i]

A few points of a cent here and there will be academic anyway, when the shares take off and there is some genuine liquidity.
Exactly!

When HGD is 25 cents(?), you won't be concerned about whether you purchased at 6 cents or 6.5 cents (Aus), you'll just be pleased you didn't 'miss the bus'.

IMO if you buy HGD you need to be thinking medium to long term and don't worry about the day to day or weekly price 'swings'.

Cheers

whatsup
24-07-2007, 09:29 AM
This is exactly why buyers needed to take their chance during the warrant weakness when the shares were sub .063 and almost unlimited amounts could have been purchased!

Jess9
24-07-2007, 10:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by tobo

Jess9, buying oppies - So you must be doing this on the ASX since NZ options seem to be almost permanently asleep. Do you find you do more HTM heads than HGD heads because of liquidity?

Hi Tobo. I think when HTM roars so does HGD, liquidity between the two is not an issue to me at present. My timeframe is medium term. I'm also picking that liquidity will build as HGD grows and matures it projects.

Jess9
24-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Found a few articles on NBR - most probably already have read, but maybe of interest...

HERITAGE HAS URANIUM SUMMIT IN ITS SIGHTS

May 4th 2007 12:30am Finance/Nbr

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the former gold specialist end up a takeover target?
Hugh de Lacy

It'll be a few years yet before Heritage Gold can emulate fellow New Zealand explorer Summit Resources and become the overnight uranium darling of the Australasian stock exchange.

Heritage managing director Peter Atkinson said it would be "a nice thought" if the former gold specialist ended up a takeover target on the strength of its three pending uranium exploration permits in Northern Territory's Dunmarra Basin.

Summit, which also started out as gold explorer in New Zealand, became a joint venture partner in a uranium prospect near Mt Isa in Queensland in the 1990s, and in February became the target of a hostile takeover bid by Australian uranium miner Paladin Resources.

Paladin offered $A1.01 billion ($NZ1.13 billion) for Summit, which had a market capitalisation of just $14 million.

Summit initially fended off the offer with a defensive deal with French nuclear power generator Areva, but last week it backtracked on that and accepted a Paladin offer sweetened to $1.23 billion ($NZ1.37 billion).

Paladin now owns about 60% of Summit, and this week it extended its offer - under which every 1.67 Summit shares are exchanged for one Paladin share - until May 11.

"It's too early to say if the same thing might happen to Heritage," Mr Atkinson said.

"Summit had those [uranium holdings] when they left New Zealand in 1997-98, and they've spent a lot of time working on them.

"In the intervening period the climate for uranium has improved substantially."

Uranium has shot up in value from $US7 ($NZ10.14) a pound to more than $US85 ($NZ123) as global warming fears boost global demand for more nuclear power stations, with around 200 due to start construction this year.

Australia holds about a third of the planet's known uranium reserves, but much of it has been locked up by state and federal politicians pandering to anti-nuclear sentiments.

With nuclear-generated power now seen as a major means of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, Australian politicians have shifted ground to encourage new uranium mining.

Though not to the same degree as Summit, Heritage has already seen the effects of its uranium diversification on its share price, which has more than doubled since the Dunmarra Basin position was announced in early March.

Heritage shares are selling for about 9.5c in New Zealand and about 8Ac in Australia, compared with 4c and 3.5Ac respectively before the announcement.

Heritage has a binding heads of agreement to enter a joint venture exploring for uranium in three areas totalling 1250 square kilometres.

It has paid $A10,000 and issued 2.5 million ordinary shares to the licence applicant, and will issue a further 2.5 million shares when the licences are granted.

Thereafter Heritage can earn up to a 50% interest in the tenements by spending $A2 million over the next three years.

Beyond that a further $A2 million expenditure will see its stake rise to 75%.

As well as the uranium prospects, Heritage is running a 1500m diamond core drilling hunt for gold in the Rahu, Talisman and Dominion Knoll tenements near Waihi in the western Bay of Plenty, and is also hunting for copper and gold in Northland.

Its other main property is its 33% ownership of an exploration and two mining licences at the Thackeringa cobalt project in New South Wales, where it is planning a drilling programme to test extensions of the known mineralisation.

Jess9
24-07-2007, 12:40 PM
HERITAGE INVESTORS LIKE THE SMELL OF URANIUM

Apr 5th 2007 9:50am Finance/Nbr

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hugh de Lacy

Heritage Gold's swerve into uranium exploration in Australia has won the endorsement of investors who have stumped up $340,000 ($A297,500) for the dual-listed Auckland-based company.

Heritage announced this week that institutional and specialist mining investors had bought 8.5 million shares for 3.5Ac each to provide working capital and to fund a uranium exploration joint venture involving three permits covering 1256 square kilometres in the Northern Territory's Dunmarra Basin.

The deal gives Heritage the right to earn up to a 50% interest in the tenement by spending $A2 million on exploration over the first three years from the granting of the licences and to raise its stake to 75% by spending another $A2 milllion thereafter.

Heritage is planning to place a second tranche of 8.5 million shares once its joint venture partners have obtained the permits.

Heritage managing director Peter Atkinson told NBR that the uranium deal was in the wind when the company announced last September that it was looking at diversifying into metals other than gold and cobalt.

It had planned to spin off its North Island gold tenements in Northland and Waihi in the Bay of Plenty into a separate company, but abandoned that strategy when it couldn't find a managing director.

It is instead looking for a manager for the whole company to replace Mr Atkinson who will retire to pursue other interests but retain an advisory role.

Two long-serving directors, David Williams (22 years) and Ralph Stagg (eight years) are also retiring, and Geoffrey Hill replaces Murray McKee as chairman.

Mr McKee will remain on the board as deputy chairman.

Heritage, which listed on the NZX in 1986 and later on the ASX, has a market capitalisation of $18 million ($A13.2 million), and owns 33% of Broken Hill Cobalt as well as having New Zealand gold holdings.

Its share price doubled to 7.3Ac when the uranium venture was announced last month.

The company's diversification into uranium follows that of another New Zealand gold company, Summit, which discovered a uranium deposit in Queensland in the early 1990s, and last year saw its shares leap from 63Ac to $A3.15 as the global uranium price soared to its present $US85/lb ($NZ123/lb), up from $US7 ($NZ10.14) in 2004.

The global warming scare has driven a surge in nuclear power demand, and there are 200 new plants on the drawing books globally.

In Australia the price has lately also benefited from the Labor Party's decision to abandon its policy of opposing any expansion of uranium production.

At about the time Heritage made its announcement, an initial public offering (IPO) of $A14 million ($NZ16 million) by Australian company Southern Uranium, 39%-owned by Southern Gold and the Chinese state-owned investment company Citic Australia, closed over-subscribed a week early after massive investor interest. China is expected to become a major buyer of Australian uranium.

Source: NBR

STRAT
24-07-2007, 01:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by tobo

Hi Tobo, most of my portfolio is on the ASX. However my small holding in Heritage is on the NZX ( best price on the day). I havent looked into wether doing a juggling act between the two on a single share is possible or worthwhile. If you are considering this would be a braver man than I as there seems to be no real rhyme or reason for the discrepancies between the two most of the time other than the obvious effect regarding announcements and the time difference. Obviously the cheapest would be best while taking into account fees, tax implications ( if any ) and the exchange rate. The NZX is also considerably more illiquid.

STRAT
24-07-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Woody51[/i]

A few points of a cent here and there will be academic anyway, when the shares take off and there is some genuine liquidity.
Exactly!

When HGD is 25 cents(?), you won't be concerned about whether you purchased at 6 cents or 6.5 cents (Aus), you'll just be pleased you didn't 'miss the bus'.

IMO if you buy HGD you need to be thinking medium to long term and don't worry about the day to day or weekly price 'swings'.

Cheers
Hi BAP, I see this written a lot and I have to disagree. Buying price is so important For example, $100k in at 6c = $417k at 25c. $100k at 6.5c = $385k or in my case a higher sp than both of these [V] 8% can be the difference between a good year and a bad year

johnofthex
24-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Speculation is a wonderful thing and it is speculation that makes the world go round and in HGD's case I think the speculation is backed by some substantial hard facts (as per Jess9's and other informative threads and articles). There's no getting away from the fact that the world has to go nuclear and there is no getting away from the fact that gold is the back bone of every economy on the planet. As for where best to buy shares, Ozz or NZ, I buy both whichever is the best buy at the time and over the past several months have been steadily accumulating from both markets. At 63 I want to retire with a bit in the back pocket and this I reckon is as good a way to do it as any.

BAPP
24-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by STRAT[/i]

Hi BAP, I see this written a lot and I have to disagree. Buying price is so important For example, $100k in at 6c = $417k at 25c. $100k at 6.5c = $385k or in my case a higher sp than both of these [V] 8% can be the difference between a good year and a bad year
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Strat,

Believe me, I definitely understand the difference in 'end' return on investment shown in your example.

However my point was that if someone hadn't purchased, because the share price didn't drop a few points(.05c) they would be 'kicking' themselves if the share price then turned around and increased even higher.

If you believed this was a probable/ possible outcome you would be foolish not to purchase at the slightly higher price. (ie: it would be better to have gained $385k than nothing at all!). Then again, a share price of 25 cents could look like good buying if you were confident that the share price had the potential of climbing to $1.00. and so on..

Of course that's the judgement you/we make at any given time based on your knowledge of the share and market trends.

It is very hard to get it right every time! (Timing is everything!)

Cheers

etrader
24-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok guys so work out the below, bestfield has been listed at just under 5% for a while but it shows previous holding near 9% i don't get this, did they previousy own a non beneficial share, ie related party in hgd which they've recently sold.

REL: 1654 HRS Heritage Gold NZ Limited

SSH: HGD: SSH Notice From Bestfield Company

NOTICE 28951 DETAILS

Submitted Date : 24-Jul-2007 16:50

Substantial : Y Director : N
Add Holder : N Change Holder : N
Ceased Holder : Y Change Nature : N

Issuer Code : HGD Heritage Gold NZ Limited
Holder : Bestfield Company

Address : 23rd Floor
: Tung Hip Comercial Building
: 244 Des Voeux Road Central
: Honk Kong

Contact Name : Andrew Paul
Phone : (852) 25451518

Total of Interest : 9800000
Total Issued : 213552905
Total % : 4.589

Class : HGD
Votes Attached : 1

Beneficial
Total of Interest : 9800000
Current % held : 4.589
Last % held : 8.7795
Names : Bestfield Company
Transaction Dates : See Attached
Total Votes :
Considerations :

Non Beneficial
Total of Interest :

Description :
Open Market Sale
Documentation
With Notice : Yes
Not Filed : No
Been Filed : No
Number of pages : 2

Date of Last Notice : 18-Feb-2004

Submitted By : Bestfield Company

STRAT
24-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi etrader, I would suggest anyone here with a previous line of correspondence to Heritage write and ask them. My gut tells me a strait answer might be difficult to acquire.

Jess9
24-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Seems odd,they seem to have held 9,700,000 for some time which is about 4.5% (since June at least, from the 2007 Annual Report).

BAPP
24-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi guys,

Woody51 provided some insight into this issue a few days ago. (IMO there isn't any 'real' issues.)

You can get some more info if you read through the 2004 Annual Report. (take note of pages 1,14 & 15) http://www.heritagegold.co.nz/PDF/Heritage_AR_2004.pdf

Looking at the Directors and Shareholders at that particular time should provide a clue!
(Peter Elliott & Bestfield)

I suspect the % change may have a lot to do with the number of shares on issue at the time.(?)

Cheers

PS: A bit of paper work being 'tidied up'. Croesus may be on to something!
PPS: This link should also help. check out the dates & transactions on page 2.
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070724/pdf/313l57cshb32xg.pdf:)

etrader
24-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds right on the mark BAP basically just the dilution in holding with the shares been issued and warrant taken up.

Guess it's just a paper work tidy up.

I note looking at the annual from 04 it's good to see the overall shareholder base increasing by 50% and the average parcel for top 10 holders increasing with the entry point of just over 300k to 1.6 mill shows bigger investors have taken a larger position in the stock over time.

BAPP
24-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by etrader
Sounds right on the mark BAP basically just the dilution in holding with the shares been issued and warrant taken up.
Guess it's just a paper work tidy up.
Hi etrader

Yep! and I wonder why?
IMO these things always happen for a reason! What do you reckon?

Cheers
BP[}:)]

tobo
24-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey, we've been getting progress updates for MRO (Monaro Mining) every couple of weeks lately. Warwick is Chmn. (A cheap shot, I know.)
Last HGD Qtrly report was exactly a month after, so suggests we might see Qtrly early next week.

etrader
24-07-2007, 09:12 PM
BAP: Maybe hgd over the years have sent out options/warrant notices to bestfield by they've been diverted all over the world trying to track down the owners that they missed the cut off time.

I guess over time they have not taken up entitlements, we'll probably hear little about them now apart from the occational update on the hgd site, as they're under 5% now and do not have to disclose holding until they reach 5% again if at all.

link below from bhp on cobalt spot prices a gental easing of the price in recent times also.

http://cobalt.bhpbilliton.com/

BAPP
24-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi etrader,

If you follow this link: (page 2)
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070724/pdf/313l57cshb32xg.pdf
you will see that the sale transactions all happened this year.
It's just a paper trail tidy up. IMO and the reason will become clear in the near future.

With regards to the cobalt price, I would suggest a 'chartist' would also be anticipating an upward trend in the sale price in the next month or so! (the calm before the storm scenario!)

From memory the cobalt price at US$28 per pound equates to approx US$60,000 per tonne. More than our 'precious' nickel that everyone gets excited about, but not up with Uranium just yet! ]:)

The problem with the sale of cobalt is that bhpbilliton seem to control most 'global' pricing at the moment due to their 'open sales system'.

Thats why HGD/ BHCL will deal directly with a consortium, probably of Chinese origin IMO!

Food for thought! It may not happen over night, but it will happen![}:)]

Cheers
BP:):):)

BAPP
24-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi croesus,

Do you have any comments that might enlighten us, without giving your contact problems?

It seems that something is in the 'wind', but it's all a bit 'foggy' at the moment.[}:)]

Cheers

croesus
24-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi Bap.

I wish I could tell you what I know, but the information trail would be far to obvious..and the very last thing I would wish to do,... would be to risk the employment of my contact.

All will be revealed sooner then later, there will be major changes to the HGD make up..and the glass hal/ full hand/wringers will be annoyed they hav'nt had the *&%** to buy a cpl of 100k shares.
Thats my last word....apart from saying the Stock ex notices will come in 2 parts, probably a week apart. and basically all we need is a signature and a committment from a very major player.

Regards Croesus.

BAPP
25-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by croesus[/i]
Hi Bap.
I wish I could tell you what I know, but the information trail would be far to obvious..and the very last thing I would wish to do,... would be to risk the employment of my contact.

All will be revealed sooner then later, there will be major changes to the HGD make up..and the glass hal/ full hand/wringers will be annoyed they hav'nt had the *&%** to buy a cpl of 100k shares.
Thats my last word....apart from saying the Stock ex notices will come in 2 parts, probably a week apart. and basically all we need is a signature and a committment from a very major player.

Hi croesus,

Thanks for that info!
Either way it will be intersting to see what unfolds in the next few weeks!

Cheers

Hems
25-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Croesus

Does this constitute as insider trading? And if it does you will need to be careful somebody does not report you and demand you hand over the name of your informant.

PS I am not implying i will be reporting you or anything else like it.

Hems

etrader
25-07-2007, 10:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by STRAT

Hi etrader, I would suggest anyone here with a previous line of correspondence to Heritage write and ask them. My gut tells me a strait answer might be difficult to acquire.

STRAT have had confirmation from hgd that it's simply a diluted holding due to the number of shares been issued over the last 3 years, as other posters have said nothing to be concerned about.

hgd up another 5% on light volume, looks like some traders are positioning themselved for an increase in value sooner than latter with an upward pressure on the sp with no new ann out

BAPP
25-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Hems
Hi Croesus

Does this constitute as insider trading? And if it does you will need to be careful somebody does not report you and demand you hand over the name of your informant.

PS I am not implying i will be reporting you or anything else like it.
Hi Hems,

I would suggest the 'simple' answer to your question is No!

Croesus has not outlined any market 'sensitive' information or detail and has suggested we all to do our own research and make our own judgements on the company.

He may have heard a 'rumour', but it is purely speculation and he has clearly advised us of that!

That's my opinion for what it is worth!

Cheers

Hems
25-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi BAP

Thanks.

etrader
25-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Looks like people are grabbing stock at market now, htm now trading at 3/4 of a cent discount on asx, suprised those have not been snapped up yet, one of the best volumes in last couple of months.

Happy trading.

Rumours ? Where there's smoke there's fire.

BAPP
25-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by etrader
I note looking at the annual from 04 it's good to see the overall shareholder base increasing by 50% and the average parcel for top 10 holders increasing with the entry point of just over 300k to 1.6 mill shows bigger investors have taken a larger position in the stock over time.
Hi etrader,

I think your comment is a very valid and is a good signal to the market and existing shareholders.

With the quarterly report out in less than a week I quess most of us will be looking for and expecting some positive news.

The feedback I have received suggests that the previously announced plans are progressing well, so the quarterly’s may provide good signs for any anxious shareholders and provide confirmation for those of us who have continued to be supportive.

I like the look of the September 2008 options (hgdoa)at the moment and managed to 'pick up' another parcel this afternoon at what I consider to be a very good price. I notice that several of the top shareholders also hold these options!

I’m very confident about the next few months and IMO this share could 'fly' on positive news.

I also agree that 'where there is smoke there is fire'! So now we just need some 'fuel' to be added to the fire![}:)]

Cheers

etrader
25-07-2007, 08:36 PM
BAP:

for a small capped stock today was another good sign with afternoon trading picking up a little. Sorry a correction to my above comment, it was entry point for top 20 not 10 was 300k and now 1.6 mill approx.

HGD IMO has a very conservative approach on releases with factual info on progress. I'm not sure at what stage we'll see a change in tack to be more agressive with what they're doing, getting better pr to the investment market and dragging out of the penny dreadful level, i've been topping up my previous holding and current am happy with the last few weeks. No doubt we've debated it many times before but it has sleeping giant potential i sure hope that many more investors can come to the agm a question the board on direction so this can moved out of the sub .10's and really deliver to patient investors, i've been a trader in the past on this stock and done very well off it exiting and peak levels and scooping up 100's of 1000's and great entry level prices. Now we're just waiting for this to turn so we can be sipping cocktails in the islands in years to come.

Woody51
25-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Leading from the front BAP. You are an inspiration.

I'm thinking of going to the option well 'once' more tomorrow. Now holding more HTM than I ever intended. Comfortable though and looking forward to the next chapter of the Heritage saga.

BAPP
25-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi etrader,

I look forward to being able to join you for drinks on one of those 'sunny' islands at some stage in the future! Just planning to be at the AGM at this stage, so hope to see you there!

Cheers

corporateraider
25-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Hello BAP
After reading your analysis on the thread I have picked up a few shares in the last little while and I thought that it might be useful to attend the AGM. As I can find no mention of it on the website would you advise where it is.

Thanks

etrader
25-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Pursuant to NZX Listing Rule 3.3.2 and ASX Listing Rule 14.3 the closing date
for director nominations is Monday 9 July 2007.

The date of the company''s annual meeting has been set for Wednesday 29 August

To make a nomination or for further information please contact:

Sue Sangster
Company Secretary
541 Parnell Road
Parnell
Auckland.

agm is basically in the same building as above

corporateraider
25-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks etrader

BAPP
25-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi corporateraider

The address is as etrader has confirmed.

For most info you can check out the HGD website:
www.heritagegold.co.nz

The site provides quite a lot of good info on the company and there is several links including up to date announcement pages.

Cheers

mibo
26-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes the website is quite good but does not seem to be up to date. Does anyone know the exact timeline going forward for their explorations and when each drilling project is planned.

Disc: nzx HGD, NZO, CHA

BAPP
26-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by mibo
Yes the website is quite good but does not seem to be up to date. Does anyone know the exact timeline going forward for their explorations and when each drilling project is planned.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mibo,

Hopefully this link will help: http://www.heritagegold.co.nz/text/announce.html
Try the links at the top of the page for further info.

I suggest you look at the Annual report for the latest progress, however if you wait until tuesday the quarterly report should be released to the market.

One problem with the website in 'general terms' is that it has not been updated with the Broken Hill and Dunmarra projects and is still based around the Waihi gold prospects.

I have made the company aware of this issue and hopefully we can encourage them to make some changes.

Cheers

Woody51
26-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Picked up more heads today. Told the broker to get 50,000 and noticed he brought 100,000 - he must know we are on a winner. But that's it now!

BAP, yes the website is a cobweb, as they say. Just another PR issue they need to urgently address. Another so so day on the ASX for the stock - another overseas crossing to end the day - this time above market close though, for a change.

Can't wait for HTM to announce something we can talk up here and on the Aussie chat sites lol.

I'm Mr Mum again tonight so off to buy the kids McDonalds ... sigh ... what would us blokes do with out this fine upstanding company.

ScrappyO
26-07-2007, 09:01 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Woody51

Picked up more heads today. Told the broker to get 50,000 and noticed he brought 100,000 - he must know we are on a winner. But that's it now!

I Picked up some more yesterday. It Must be us pushing up the price a little. Bugger all volume. All i need is a couple baggers and its goodbye mortgage.:)

Woody51
26-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Scrappy, yes, know that feeling. Keep thinking of those Islands with BAP and co haaa. Retirement while I am still running on three cylinders is what I am thinking of ...

BAPP
27-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Could this be a sign of things to come?
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22134455-5005200,00.html

This scenario seems to be an 'obvious fit' with HGD and the Waihi gold resource. Further more it is clearly on the managements agenda.

ScrappyO
27-07-2007, 08:11 AM
[This scenario seems to be an 'obvious fit' with HGD and the Waihi gold resource. Further more it is clearly on the managements agenda.

[/quote]

With the new results out soon and hopefully being positive...This would be a perfect match and im sure Newmont must be thinking the same... i suppose as usual its just a matter of price[?], The more results that come out with larger resources the higher the price goes.
Peter of course knows this and was probably the reason he said no last time.
Looking forward to a result out of this one.
A bit of speculation is good for the S/P aswell.:)

etrader
27-07-2007, 12:30 PM
BAP:

I floated the idea a while back where any company such as newmount wanted the hgd resource at waihi with synergies right next door, the cheapest way i would see it would be to buy out hgd as a listed stock outright, say it's worth $12 mill in todays market pay a 50% premium, buy out the main shareholders sell off the non core parts ie uranium/cobalt and walk away with 20 years worth of planning and drilling done for you. Just a thought.

Ok guys thought i would float a break up value of hgd

If you guys want to crunch a few numbers

HGD hold 200k jorc oz gold @ Waihi 730 US an oz or $924 nz, extraction rate maximum of $450 oz = $474 surplace or $94.8 million gross profit over a 15 year extraction. The $450 is above the martha mine extraction cost.

Silver 800k ?

Cobalt 33 million Tones ? 1/3 share at $26 a tonne, BAP indicated a low extraction rate possibly around $5 a tonne = $231 million surplace.

Uranium tenaments: 3 small tenaments been applied for.

Cash on hand - company debt ?.

Ok guys these are my basic estimates of the resource base, excluding northland.

What can you investors crunch together of the figures we know on underlying assets.

BAPP
27-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi etrader,

IMO the critical question with regards to the Waihi resource is whether HGD can confirm gold resource levels that would provide mining production levels of 50,000 oz per annum for at least 10 years. (ie: a 500,000 oz +).

I did some 'simplistic' calculations when I first started buying HGD. These indicated to me that the value of the existing/known resource at Waihi could be in the 25 cent range.

However this is speculative and at 205K oz of gold and 800k oz silver, the resource level may not yet be a 'large enough attraction’ to other mining company’s, unless a ‘10 year'-500k oz 'pay load' is more certain.

I do note that the company has indicated gold ‘target’ levels well in excess of this amount.

With my assessment I have made an assumption that gold will remain at an average of US$600 per oz and silver will remain @ US$12., so it's reasonably conservative, also I have discounted 40% of the silver as it apparently get 'wasted' in the processing.

From previous research I believe that normal production costs are in the region of US$280 per oz and that the capital costs could be around $20 million. I have included interest charges of 10% if this was debt funded.

The 'big' question of course is whether any company would ‘buy in’ early to take advantage of any future finds/ increased resources... and if the answer is yes.. what premium would they pay?

If the current resource at Waihi was valued at 20-25 cents(?) then a doubling of gold resources could have a similar effect on the share value. As you rightly indicated, would you buy now while the share value is low or wait until the resource was confirmed?

Looking at the Thackaringa project,(my favourite!) the estimated level of cobalt is around 33 million pounds (not tonnes), however on the ‘bright side’ the sale price of cobalt is around US$26 per pound. I worked on production costs of around us$5. at the time.

You also have to remember that along with the mining/processing costs, which are apparently quite low for cobalt, there are also funding, capital plant & equipment costs etc.. to incur.

I ‘derived/estimated’ a value of almost 50 cents per share for HGD shareholders based on their 33% stake in BHCL, assuming the estimated resource levels are accurate and that the value of cobalt remains around US$25.

Again this is speculative as we have not had resource levels confirmed, however the potential is evident.

Now you know why I have been accumulating over the past year or so! Hopefully in a month or so we can add the 'Uranium' to this potential, which I had not considered when I purchased my first parcel of shares. Just another bonus if the applications are granted IMO and more $$$ to be made!

Interested to hear your thoughts

Cheers

whatsup
27-07-2007, 05:13 PM
BAP, WOW, 2.5+mill shares + warrants, lets hope that we are all right on!

tobo
27-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Re breakup value:
Key holders value the company well above 7,8,9c ps so I think they would not want to sell the whole caboodle (unless for a huge premium), but would prefer a JV to retain share of winnings.

Cobalt seems to hold the least 'attachment' and easiest to slice off. (I guess U holds the least attachment in the sense that it's just brand new, but we only just got into it, so hardly likely to sell before we even have expl licences.)

The idea of just selling the gold would leave the company ...what... a U explorer supported by cobalt, a rather different animal.
I reckon it's sell the cobalt, JV the gold... or a really decent premium for the whole co.

Or keep drilling and prove the resource. That I like.

tobo
27-07-2007, 07:56 PM
picked up those few oppies yesturday that were left over at 2.5, and got a few heads today on falling mkt.

BAPP
27-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by tobo
picked up those few oppies yesturday that were left over at 2.5, and got a few heads today on falling mkt.
Hi tobo,

Well done and with a pretty extensive portfoilo too. (good one!)

Personaly I would prefer HGD to 'stick to their knitting! so to speak'.

JV"S would be fine and I suggest we will see a JV at Waihi in the near future and in the longer term a JV at Dunmarra if the applications are granted.

My 'pick' for BHCL is an IPO with a chinese consortium adding some substance to the mix.

Time will tell! Looking forward to next week!

Cheers

Woody51
28-07-2007, 12:30 AM
What about this one. Heritage sells all its NZ interests to Newmont.

It changes its name to Heritage Resources.

It gets an Aussie-based MD and team, moves its administration to Perth and cashed up, it concentrates on its current (and new) Australian assets.

I have had a couple of cheap Rieslings, but is this so far fetched?

If it is, feel free to bucket me!

BAPP
28-07-2007, 07:32 AM
]Originally posted by Woody51

What about this one. Heritage sells all its NZ interests to Newmont.
It changes its name to Heritage Resources.

It gets an Aussie-based MD and team, moves its administration to Perth and cashed up, it concentrates on its current (and new) Australian assets.

I have had a couple of cheap Rieslings, but is this so far fetched?

If it is, feel free to bucket me!
Hi woody51,

IMO this is a 'likely' outcome. I have suggested this type of scenario several times in the past and it wouldn't surprise me if these suggestions have already been discussed at board level.

Just another reason not to 'discount' the recent 'rumour ' posted on this thread. (was there an inference?)

No doubt any 'proposition' would 'hinge' around the $$$ offered for the NZ resources and how it could help provide leverage to progress the Australian projects.

I indicated in my previous post that I think HGD will 'stick' to exploration in conjunction with JV partners. This will allow Peter Atkinson to concentrate on 'looking for' further mineral areas/projects, while the JV partner will provide the MD and mining expertise.

While this is all speculation, IMO accumulate if you can afford to take the risk. It may not happen over night, but at some stage big $$$ will be made.

When the share price spiked to 10-12 cents after the ‘U’ announcement did the main shareholders sell? No!

My conclusion is that there must be ‘bigger fish to fry’ and the pan is warming up!

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jess9
28-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Just a few ramblings...but what do we have at present?

1 significant acerage in Waihi (a world class resource areas) in the form of granted exploration permits and exploration licenses -including in ground resource.

2 Application for 50% in Uranium permits

3 33% of BHCL with in ground cobolt, however not resourced yet.

4 Applications for Northland - in process.

5 As of March we had $1.2m in current assets of which $787K was in cash.

Much of the cash we have is pegged for Waihi drilling or Uranium work.

IMO HGD should:

IPO BHCL, however, retain as much as it can in the floated coy. It ideally needs to partner with a known player in this field to manage the operations. Its retained shares could either be spun off to shareholders, or sold to finance its share of exploration/CAPEX costs for mine developement in other projects. However, this should only occur when BCHL starts to fly and its share price reflects the underlyng asset (cobolt) value. NZOG did a spinoff for PPP too early (i.e. before its risk came down) and lost significant coy wealth - i.e. look at the respective prices now. From memory PPP was a holding coy for only a few shared permits, at the time ; )

JV Waihi. We have 100% presently, fight like mad to keep as much as fair - but considering the other party would need to pay for most of the resource and then mine developement, and would want a good return for their efforts and risk.

Progress the current arrangement for the U permits (i.e. 50% HGD interest)into ongoing JV work to prove this resource up. This could be a winner, even at 50%, if good resource is there!

For any of the above to occur, we would need a skilled board, which I believe we have. Maybe we should also nominate WG for chairman - if shareholders can do that? He seems to be connected and have proved deal making skills.

Value wise for HGD - unsure. However, HGD is likely worth well more that it is at present - but it needs stuff done (i.e. the above or something better) to make it happen. The million dollar question how long will this take? 25c to $1.00 would not be unrealistic but there are so many variables at present - hence we are were we are, in terms of price. The winning move with coy's like HGD is to get in as this 'risk' is re-rated by the market. When this happens multibaggers occur (5-10 range)quickly. For now, on balance I still see much more upside than downside in HGD, but it is what it is - a junior explorer.

BAPP
28-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi jess9,

An excellent summary! ( and much more than a few ramblings IMO!)

Cheers

Woody51
28-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Was interesting to see there was no mass bail out of HTM when the market crashed on Friday. Yes, suggests investors in the stock, not traders at this stage. Mind you, with the U.S. market bad again last night, we are most likely going to see a further decline in the SP before things settle down.

A good announcement next week would help, no doubt. I can't see any bounces, dead cat or otherwise, in the short term on the ASX/NZX. I just pray this sub-prime thing hasn't permeated too many Aussie funds. Could be real nasty if it has.

HTM really is a great little stock to own, so many variables and possibilities. Sure keeps us on our toes - and even intellectually challenged Lol.

A really switched on poster on Hotcopper and Sharescene, Macrae, has a list of seven boxes that must be ticked before he invests in a low cap explorer. HTM is a seven out of seven!

At some time if we can get the Macrae's of this world on board, we will see some SP action Lol.

Taking more than $30,000 in portfolio profits on Thursday because of my market fear, has greatly assisted my mood. Sometimes you just get lucky.

When HTM delivers the bacon, we will all have to meet for a celebration. We deserve that!

Have a good day all, sun out here and kid's sport beckons.

tobo
28-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Jess9 said
quote: nominate WG for chairman. He is non-exec chairman of Monaro Mining (Mkt cap about A$40m). In 2006 he got "salary & fees" of A$30k + "other" of A$110k.
ATM HGD is organised a little differently. Peter paid as exec director (MD) $90k, but it appears chrmn GH kindly donates his time (although he will gain significantly through his holdings if we have all got this one right).

BAPP
28-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jess9
For any of the above to occur, we would need a skilled board, which I believe we have. Maybe we should also nominate WG for chairman - if shareholders can do that? He seems to be connected and have proved deal making skills.
Hi Jess9,

I totally agree that a skilled management team would be required to ensure the success of any JV or IPO, but can I ask why you think Mr Grigor would make a better Chairman than Mr Hill?

Personally I’m not sure that we need a change of Chairman at this stage. Both Messr Hill & Grigor have a lot of experience at the negotiating table and hopefully in their existing roles they can combine their talents for the betterment of HGD in any initative that is undertaken.

Cheers

tobo
28-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Woody51,
I have noticed there are some stocks that have a good solid commentary here or on HotC opper, but not both. HTM is hardly mentioned there (on HC) because all the action is here.
Oh, and I too find the 'intellectual challenges' here useful to better understand the stock.

Yme
28-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi Woody,
i have mentioned HTM to several sophisticated investors from CMR,,,they want more from me thats solid so i'm waiting on the upcoming report.They acknowledge HTM/HGD as being undervalued at this stage but they also know of many undervalued stocks in sleep mode.

I too watch and post on H/C (different nic) but at this stage i'm refraining from posting on H/C due to the fact that i'm trying to keep HTM within a small circle of friends at these bargin prices.

the bananna man Macca's has his follower's and no doubt a few more posts from him will stir some action but maybe we should wait for a 10 bagger first [?]:D[?]:D

finished with the kids sport for the day here :)and openned a bottle of red wondering which Island we will have the HTM 1 dollar party at in the future.[^][^][^]

have a great weekend
Yme

tobo
28-07-2007, 07:00 PM
not the West Island.

Woody51
28-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, good to keep this one under wraps for now. There will be plenty of time to up the anti in the Australian chat rooms after take off.

The 'banana man' is a smart operator. He'll have HTM tucked away on a watchlist somewhere, don't you worry about that. Just his sort of stock.

We just await some movement at the station.

Don't worry, I'll head east for the get together when this one flies.

Will tuck a few good old Aussie Reds in the bag for good measure.

BAPP
28-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Waihi is nice in the summer & there is a few wineries (& goldfields)close by!
Although I'd prefer Spain! When the share price reaches my target next year![}:)]

Some readers may be interested in reading this from goldseek/internationalforecaster:
http://news.goldseek.com/InternationalForecaster/1185726475.php

Cheers

BAPP
29-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Woody51
Was interesting to see there was no mass bail out of HTM when the market crashed on Friday. Yes, suggests investors in the stock, not traders at this stage. Mind you, with the U.S. market bad again last night, we are most likely going to see a further decline in the SP before things settle down.

A good announcement next week would help, no doubt. I can't see any bounces, dead cat or otherwise, in the short term on the ASX/NZX. I just pray this sub-prime thing hasn't permeated too many Aussie funds. Could be real nasty if it has.

HTM really is a great little stock to own, so many variables and possibilities. Sure keeps us on our toes - and even intellectually challenged Lol.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Hi woody51,

While I have no doubt that recent market events will have some affect on HGD, I believe most shareholders are in for the medium to long term so I would be suprised to see major fluctuations or heavy existing.

We may see the odd nervous investor or trader 'jump ship' early, but with the quarterly report due on Tuesday I would suggest that most will take the 'wait & see' approach.
With a share like HGD, what have you got to lose?

With a 'bit of luck' the HGD management might surprise us with some good news in their report.

From my prospective, if we do see a bit of down turn in the share price due to the recent global market issues, then I will be accumulating at even cheaper prices.

When the market/investors overreact to a situation, we usually see either 'good buying' or 'good selling' opportunities and I suspect we may be some nice 'buying' opportunities presenting themselves in the next few weeks.( a good reason to always have a bit of cash on hand!)

Supply & demand for particular commodities, services, product will always be a key factor!
The need for gold, silver, cobalt, uranium etc.. will not diminish in my life time!

Cheers

PS: I am sure you will use that spare cash wisely!;)
PPS: On the bright side, our exporters will be pleased to see some currency relief.

Woody51
29-07-2007, 01:07 PM
BAP, you are incorrigible. By "wisely" you wouldn't be suggesting I purchase even more HTM, would you?

I'm so loaded now if this puppy doesn't deliver it will be the poor house!

Mind you, if some silly person drops a parcel tomorrow at an irresistibly silly price ... Waaaa. See what you've done!!

BAPP
29-07-2007, 01:19 PM

BAP, you are incorrigible. By "wisely" you wouldn't be suggesting I purchase even more HTM, would you?

I'm so loaded now if this puppy doesn't deliver it will be the poor house!

Mind you, if some silly person drops a parcel tomorrow at an irresistibly silly price ... Waaaa. See what you've done!!
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Now would I suggest such a thing![}:)].. got you thinking though (ha ha).

But back to reality, I think it is probably better to let the 'dust' settle and ....
it might be a good idea to treat your wife, while you still have the cash in hand!;)

Cheers

moimoi
29-07-2007, 02:23 PM
The SST notes today "Bestfield Ltd" as having sold 1,000,000 shares recently....

skeedaddle!!

Jess9
29-07-2007, 03:10 PM
We may well see a price dip next week, as the Dow was down about 1.5% over our weekend, on top of Friday's fall.

ASX BUY depth is weak until 5c AUS, where bidders appear happy to wait. Will 5c AUS be hit, or is that too low?? If Bestfield was a seller, has it now finished? A few 200K parcels were sold off on ASX down to 6c AUS, later on Friday. Are any traders over weight ( in HGD/HTM that is, not from cheese burgers ; ) on the market wobble? Maybe price will will just sit tight...be interesting to see how it plays out over the next week.

Hi BAP, be good to have a new Quarterly to look over, about Tuesday you think? I hope PA and the team has taken on board your suggestions re public relations - and this tranlates into a better quality report. Be nice to get a real sense of what was done rather than generic talk of progress/advancement...

One thing however, I don't think there will be any surprises in the Quarterly. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that anything of substance is required to be announced as it is available. The Quarterly should however give us more detail on projects in process; within the parameters of announcements made to the date of its release (I guess this is to meet a ASX/NZX info disclosure rule?)

Have a relaxing Sunday all.

BAPP
29-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by moimoi
The SST notes today "Bestfield Ltd" as having sold 1,000,000 shares recently....

skeedaddle!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi moimoi,

Are you referring to this notice? (2 pages) or is there a new release?
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070724/pdf/313l57cshb32xg.pdf

We had some pretty interesting discussions about this a week or so back. I think you will find that Bestfield still have a fairly significant holding, either directly or indirectly!

Cheers

BAPP
29-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi Jess9,

Historically the June quarterly has been released on 31st July, so I anticipate news in the next day or so.

To be honest I don't expect any 'surprises' either, however I will be looking for some 'clear' and concise indication that progress is being made on all projects, especially at Broken Hill.

I think we both agree that the 'copy and paste' releases from past quarterly's don't make the grade. This type of 'repetition' leaves both existing shareholders and potential shareholders sceptical of the management and their ability to 'deliver' real gains.

Even if there is nothing specific to report it would be good just to have a 'business outlook' for the next 6 months and a signal of the Directors intentions and strategy. (and I don't mean a pile of b..s either!). Every shareholder has the right to know what the strategy of a company is going to be!

IMO there has been a slight improvement in the news releases of late, so lets hope they continue to improve!

If not, I hope there will be plenty of questions asked at the AGM.

You enjoy the rest of your weekend to Jess.

Cheers

PS: Hopefully we may also get an update on the Dunmarra Basin! I think it is approx 5months now since the application was issued!

BAPP
29-07-2007, 04:51 PM
BAP, you are incorrigible.
__________________________________________________ ________

Hi Woody51

Incorrigible? - One that cannot be corrected or reformed/Difficult or impossible to control or manage. (hmm!)

My wife uses that same word!

Cheers

BAPP
29-07-2007, 08:20 PM
]Originally posted by Jess9
Hi Jess9, (still hoping you can clarify!)

I totally agree that a skilled management team would be required to ensure the success of any JV or IPO, but can I ask why you think Mr Grigor would make a better Chairman than Mr Hill?

Personally I’m not sure that we need a change of Chairman at this stage. Both Messr Hill & Grigor have a lot of experience at the negotiating table and hopefully in their existing roles they can combine their talents for the betterment of HGD in any initative that is undertaken.

Cheers

mibo
30-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Back on 9 March, Peter Atkinson announced his intention to resign as MD. Has anyone heard how the replacement is progressing, given that they had also said “We expect to fill the position within a matter of weeks.”

I guess if they had someone in mind at the time who may have not taken it up, then it could take a while to find a replacement.

Have I missed something along the way?

etrader
30-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Mibo

No news they did say "weeks" but have had no more luck from our knowledge, we'd expect to hear an update on the agm if not before, i think with the boom in the resource sector staff of hi skill are expensive and hard to come by.

He might have to stay put for a while.

Jess9
30-07-2007, 01:29 PM

]Originally posted by Jess9
Hi Jess9, (still hoping you can clarify!)

Cheers

Hi BAP. No particular reason, other than a quick look over coy's that WG has significant influence over, and noting that in general these have appreciated well - assuming based on underlying action. Nothing against Hill, but he has been part of the old Board for some time. As you imply - perhaps best see how he goes now, in charge, and with a significant financial interest for success.

etrader
30-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Looks like the same buyer prob purchased today even parcels of 50k each all at .075 during the day.

Positioning for tues ?

ScrappyO
30-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Could some one post the ann.
cheers

BAPP
30-07-2007, 04:43 PM
MINE: HGD: Heritage Reports Results of Hole 9 at Rahu Ridge

Heritage Gold is pleased to announce that its drilling programme at Waihi has
been completed with the results of Hole 9 now available. The very encouraging
results will undergo a period of intensive geological modelling to review the
outcomes.

Heritage Gold managing director Peter Atkinson says the results from Hole 9
and the previous 8 holes demonstrate gold is consistently present in the
hydrothermal breccias drilled. "All drilling results to date indicate that
gold mineralisation extends over a total strike length of more than 1400
metres which is a very positive signal to us, increasing the opportunity for
economic gold at one or more positions within this zone."

Mr Atkinson noted the results from the latest hole confirmed the company's
geological model of the mineralised system, which had been developed from
earlier shallow drilling and surface exploration.

"The gold grades in Hole 9 are present in a well defined hydrothermal
breccia, in adjoining sediments, and within the margins of an underlying
intrusive rock unit. These results increase our level of confidence for
targetting future holes and demonstrate potential for other types of gold
deposit", Mr Atkinson says.

Mr Atkinson says the next step is to look for feeder vein zones to the
mineralised rocks that may contain higher gold grades. "Hole 9 drilled
through several zones of strong gold mineralisation in hydrothermal breccias,
sediments and quartz veined intrusives. "

"By drilling below the previous holes we are able to establish the geological
structure with much greater confidence, so later holes can be drilled more
accurately in order for a resource to be identified."

Mr Atkinson says higher grade feeder veins are expected to occur below the
hydrothermal breccias, while the potential for other deposit types associated
with the sediments and intrusive rocks has now been recognised.

Heritage Gold has begun evaluating the results and significant findings will
be reported as they become available.

A full report of the Hole 9 drill results is attached to this announcement.

For further information please contact:

Peter Atkinson
Managing Director
Heritage Gold

BAPP
30-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Link to full announcement:
http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070730/pdf/313pdt42d946n1.pdf

Cheers

whatsup
30-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Good increase in Aussie in price and volumn with the release of ann lets hpoe that it sticks!!

etrader
30-07-2007, 06:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by whatsup

Good increase in Aussie in price and volumn with the release of ann lets hpoe that it sticks!!

Good lift up 13% with one of the highest volumes for the last few months, wonder if that will have any impact on the nzx tomorrow considering they were trading at a discount but are equal at close

BAPP
30-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes, this announcement did seem to create a bit of interest at the end of the day, with a good finish on both exchanges!

I also thought it was interesting to see an announcement released today, just before the quarterly's are expected?

Today's announcement again signals that the area has the potential to support economic gold mining. Lets hope there is more positive news tomorrow, specifically with the Aussie projects and the direction the company is taking strategically!

Cheers

Woody51
30-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I am not a mining expert, and I'd be grateful if someone could explain what the announcement means and why HGD were happy with it, despite what seem low grades.

ScrappyO
30-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know when or if they will start drilling the Dominion Knoll to expand Karangahake resource....

BAPP
30-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi Woody51,

I'm definitely no exploration/mining expert either, but the following is my understanding of the basic process that is underway by HGD.

The company is trying to create a model or map of gold vein structures which will indicate the most advantageous route to economical mining for any company to initiate future mining production.

The current drilling program at Karangahake is in it's 'infancy' and at this stage is to identify these feeder veins and to create the mapping system along a 1400m area.

The company and their consultants are confident that once the mapping is completed they will then be able to drill to greater depths and locate better yields of gold per tonne of ore.

This mapping will enable accuracy when drilling at greater depths and will avoid wasting a lot of time and money randomly drilling in what is a fairly large zone.

After drilling at greater depths they will then be able to access with greater confidence whether the area is economically viable to either set up a ‘stand alone’ mining operation or be of specific interest to a JV partner.(ie: Newmont)

My understanding is that this approach is taken to also retain the intellectual property regarding the mapping if a JV option becomes reality. This of course has been the topic of 'much' speculation and has definitely been indicated as a likely scenario by the Directors and I quess the 'mapping' becomes an insurance policy if HGD isn't the manager of the project.

As we often discuss on this thread, it would be 'all the better’ if HGD’s management could detail and explain this process to shareholders in ‘layman's’ terms either through announcements or on the website.

Like I said I am no 'expert', so if anyone can elaborate further I'm sure we would all appreciate the input.

Cheers

Woody51
30-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks BAP.

BAPP
30-07-2007, 09:28 PM
You may have read this already? From the website:

The various scenarios for HTM to earn revenue from underground gold production include two possible approaches;
1. Cooperative efforts with Newmont involving the treatment of ore at the processing plant in Waihi;
2. Secondly, the continuation of drilling and the accumulation of resources sufficient to justify a stand alone plant closer to Karangahake.
The Company has had discussions with Newmont. The Waihi Mine has produced around 8.0 million ounces of gold and is a ‘mature’ operation with a need for new ore to process in the coming years. The synergies here offer considerable potential to both parties but will be subject to negotiation and HTM management’s decisions as to what is best for HTM shareholders.

The Talisman Mine occupies the most southern end of the Karangahake Goldfield and contains all of HTM resources. Exploration away from Talisman is in its infancy. HTM has for several years been gradually mapping, exploring, drilling and assessing the 3.7 kilometre length and 16km2 area of intense hydrothermal alteration associated with this extensive epithermal gold system in preparation of a major exploration effort. We believe that it has exceptional epithermal gold potential. Emphasis in the year ahead will be on exploration of the so far lightly tested targets in this belt away from the Talisman Mine.

Using well-reasoned factors and geological interpretations, we believe a useful working target for the field is 5 Moz. (In line with our duties to properly inform the public, please note HTM is not saying this such resources or reserves exist but rather that the evidence can reasonably accommodate the proposition that it does exist). The distribution of gold targets is shown in a map and diagram under Presentations.

The silicified shear system that hosts the Talisman Mine and the entire Karangahake Field outcrops frequently at surface along the 3.7 kilometres of strike of the epithermal system. At White Rocks a ‘silica cap’ illustrates the proximity of this horizon to the paleo surface at the time of formation and the presence of a hotspring landscape at that time. Many features of the Karangahake Field are in common with the Waihi Goldfield and with other epithermal goldfields around the globe. Because of their geological youth, epithermal fields are generally undisturbed allowing the development of reliable geological models which can be confidently applied between these fields and at Karangahake and other deposits of the Waihi Goldfield.

These models, HTM’s extensive geological mapping and interpretation, and to a lesser extent the pilot drilling by HTM conducted to the north of the Ohinemuri River, indicate about 300m of vertical erosion on the upthrust block to the south of the river. The river itself passes along a major fault. North of the fault the rocks are relatively downthrown by an interpreted vertical displacement of about 100m.

The economic implication drawn from this thesis is that the gold-bearing level reaching to surface at Talisman that has yielded one million ounces of gold and three million ounces of silver, cannot be expected to outcrop in the block to the north of the river – even in the event that it contains similar systems. The northern zone is called Rahu and White Rocks lies on its axial ridge.

This background discussion is important because it indicates strong gold potential in the Rahu Zone. Shallow HTM drilling has intersected significant grades of 6m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 63.6 g/t Ag including 1m @ 7.8 g/t Au, 198 g/t Ag with widespread anomalous gold at surface in road cuttings close to the hole.

The Rahu Zone comprises a significant portion of the 5Moz target HTM has set itself for the Karangahake Field (again please note this is a target only). The diagrams shown illustrate the individual targets as HTM interprets them and are scheduled for drilling.

Cheers

mibo
30-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Many thanks BAP for your concise and yet highly informative summary. As a newbie myself (shares) it is always important to absorb and digest all information that is available whilst always make my own decisions. I got into HGD last December and have been accumulating since. As a chemist, your explanations make a lot of sense and I appreciate your techo descriptions.

HGD should be firm tomorrow probably rising a cent. :D

Disc: nzx HGD, NZO, CHA

BAPP
30-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Woody51,

I suppose the 'mapping' could be also described as planning a 'treasure hunt'.

Just one other point to 'keep in mind' is that HGD already have 205Koz of JORC compliant gold resource at the southern end of Karangahake and in the Talisman mine.

They only need to double this level to provide an attractive option for mining production or an interested party to 'want a buy in'.

If you research the permit areas that HGD hold, I think you will agree that this seems to be a quite reasonable possibility.

Cheers

Woody51
30-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Well certainly $5m oz would be worth waiting for! Thanks for all the research tonight BAP.

etrader
31-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Well is today the day of 1/4ly report at market close ?

Stock steady today, still can pay up to .067 australian right now to pick them up at a discount to nzx.

happy trading

Tanger
31-07-2007, 04:34 PM
I wonder if there will be anything other than the ordinary in the quarterly. Judging by history, probably not, but will be fun nevertheless.

etrader
31-07-2007, 04:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tanger

I wonder if there will be anything other than the ordinary in the quarterly. Judging by history, probably not, but will be fun nevertheless.

Think you're right Tanger, O and welcome to sharetrader as well, i think hgd will copy and paste most previous data, probably an update on BHCL and an update on uranium, can't see anything big until the agm and then like the extraordinary meeting in april i think it will be sausage rolls coffee and a quick summary of year end, anyone beg to differ ?

BAPP
31-07-2007, 05:03 PM
REL: 1700 HRS Heritage Gold NZ Limited

QUARTER: HGD: First Quarter Activities Report

Heritage Gold is pleased to present the quarterly report for the three months
ended 30 June 2007.

Highlights include:

- Completion of Waihi district drilling programme
- Reconnaissance exploration starting at Dunmarra uranium prospect
- Third prospecting permit applied for in Northland

DUNMARRA URANIUM PROSPECT (Northern Territory, Australia) (earning 50%
interest)

Ground reconnaissance exploration of the Dunmarra uranium joint venture areas
commenced after the end of the quarter. This exploration involves sampling of
radiometric anomalies and geological mapping.

Notices of proposed grant of the three exploration licence applications have
been received and advertised for objections. This process should be
completed at the end of September 2007.

The Dunmarra joint venture tenements cover a total land area of approximately
1,250 square kilometres. Under the joint venture arrangement, Heritage can
earn up to a 50% stake in the licences if it spends A$2 million over three
years. That may increase to 75% if a further A$2 million is spent. The
minimum commitment Heritage must make is A$100,000.

The three tenement areas are some distance apart, but each indicates
potential for sandstone-hosted and roll front uranium mineralisation. There
are numerous uranium occurrences to the north, southwest and northeast of the
licence areas that offer good source potential for uranium.

In addition, the basin has aquifers that are thought to have allowed long
term movement of uranium bearing groundwater. It also has a structural
environment that appears favourable for discovering uranium deposits formed
by re-deposition of uranium from these solutions. Radiometric anomalies have
been found previously within the application areas.

GOLD PROJECTS (Waihi District, New Zealand) (100%)

Karangahake Project (Rahu, Talisman, and Dominion Knoll permits)

Diamond core drilling at Rahu Ridge was completed in early July 2007 and the
data will now undergo geological modelling to review the outcomes. A total of
nine holes was drilled for 1,565 metres. The depths of holes ranged between
113 and 310 metres.

The nine holes encountered gold mineralisation in hydrothermal breccias over
a total strike length of 1,400 metres, with some holes showing multiple
intersections. Another feature of the gold mineralisation is its association
with other geological units such as lake sediments, and quartz vein
stockworks within dacite porphyry intrusives.

Previous exploration at Rahu Ridge outlined three parallel structures over a
strike length of approximately 2km. The structures were identified by ground
geophysical surveys and geochemical sampling. Only two of them were drilled
in this programme.

The data collected during the drilling will be evaluated further in the
current quarter, and will include petrological and mineragraphic studies to
characterise the gold mineralisation. This will help identify those areas
within the structures with greater potential to host higher grades at depth.

The mineralisation has features consistent with it being at a high level in
the epithermal system, and higher grade feeder veins are expected to occur
below the hydrothermal breccias drilled. This is supported by the recognition
of quartz vein fragments within the mineralised hydrothermal breccias. The
additional recognition of gold mineralised sediments and intrusive rocks adds
to the prospectivity of Rahu, indicating a more complex mineralisation
history than initially thought.

The Rahu Ridge zone lies along the same epithermal system that was
responsible for gold deposits at the Talisman mine to the south. The Talisman
area has multiple quartz veins containing high grade ore zones. In the past,
the mine produced 1 million ounces (Moz) of gold and 3 Moz of silver.

Oth

whatsup
31-07-2007, 05:09 PM
BAP: nothing exciting in the ann( but then again nothing really new thats exciting ) shares IMHO will now "drift" until the agm,bugger!!!

etrader
31-07-2007, 05:12 PM
BHCL is currently negotiating private funding to advance the programme and
proceed to stock exchange listing of the company.

APPOINTMENT OF MANAGING DIRECTOR

An announcement regarding the appointment of a new Managing Director is
expected to be made by 29 August 2007.

Ok ann as predicted. The two parts i get off this which is good moving forward as posted above.

BHCL seeking private funding ? will this dilute our position and how will an ipo effect our value ?

MD: Yes positive they "Expect" and md by then, either do they stick with peter and business as usual or do they now have someone lined up ?

Hmmmm

BAPP
31-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by whatsup
BAP: nothing exciting in the ann( but then again nothing really new thats exciting ) shares IMHO will now "drift" until the agm,bugger!!!
Hi whatsup,

Agreed, nothing really exciting or new! There are a couple of statements that created a bit of interest for me, but I would like to think them through before I make any further comment.

You will no doubt have quessed that I am disappointed that there has been no timeframe indicated for a BHCL listing and that drilling has been deferred for 2 months.

There are some good points, but as you rightly suggest nothing to get excited about or to 'push' the share price upwards in the short term.

I still have a 'gut' feeling that this won't be the last announcement leading up to the AGM!

Cheers

Woody51
31-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I thought today's report was bitterly disappointing. To try and manufacture anything positive out of it, is a denial of reality. It seems that other than progress - at shovel and bucket pace - Waihi, they have been basically doing nothing.

HTM have not progressed further on any other front, as far as I can see. I have come to the conclusion that the company is not, currently, a priority for its major holders. The only enthusiasm being generated was on here, and we were, frankly, dreaming.

The CEO situation is a joke. Even the report on Dunmarra was qualified. We have the same old 'gunna' stuff re floating the NSW cobalt stuff - yet they still don't appear to know if they have an economic resource.

BAP, you may be hope something will be announced at the AGM, but I don't share your confidence at all.

This report is indicative of a company that doesn't care two hoots about is rank and file shareholders and that is just plain complacent and lazy. They don't even show any enthusiasm for their own product, via this report.

For holders who retain the faith, I'd suggest their will be ample opportunity to average down over the next few months. And for the rest of us, we just have to hold and hope.

Greenfield
01-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey Guys
I don’t think youre enthusiasm is unjustified at all. HGD has a solid foundation and once a MD gets appointed they can start moving forward. Company probably feels like its in limbo till then.
With a market cap of only 16M there has to be a lot more value to come.
I will definitely be holding.

Rik
01-08-2007, 06:12 AM
IMO the SP would hold up if the U permits are granted?

Rik
01-08-2007, 06:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Greenfield

I will definetly be holding.

I will be holding also,

I know their hasn't been much movement by the company as of late, could some one shed some light on what they think HGD should have been doing over the last quater?

Woody51
01-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Rik, this forum is full of suggestions over the last few months as to what we would have liked them to be doing.

The positive signals that we were all looking for to indicate that this was an outfit that has turned the corner, were not there for me.

I am confused about what's going on at Thackaringa. Delays cos its a farm!!, and maybe a rig will be available in a couple of months. I can see this drifting on and on I'm also not being clear at all about how the listing will be set up and what it will mean for HGD shareholders.

What can we expect at Dunmarra in the next quarter? Drilling? Or more sampling of radiometric anomalies and geological mapping?

At Waihi "The data collected during the drilling will be evaluated further in the current quarter". Doesn't suggest we can expect too much there.

I was also hoping we'd see a report brimming with confidence and possibilities that would attract new shareholders. It's a competitive market. There are heaps of explorers out there with low market caps, with multiple projects, well managed and who are forthcoming in their communication with shareholders.

I still have no feel about what's really going on with this company and what the board's vision is for it over the next 12 months. Ok to be an insider, but I'm not.

As I said, I am very disappointed.

Tanger
01-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Croesus, without giving too much away, was there any reason given as to why the anouncement that was expected never arrived?

BAPP
01-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I definitely understand some of the frustrations and I agree that it was disappointing not to have seen extensive progress being made in any of the permit areas.

This is a ‘natural’ reaction or expectation by shareholders who generally want to see activity that will promote the share price.

From 'time to time' I wonder if I've made a 'wise' decision by having just a large holding in HGD.

When I question my resolve, I go back over my research, read through the reports and the history of each permit area and always come away believing I've made the 'right' medium to long term decision for me.

I think the one main concern for me is that there was no indication of the ‘business outlook’ or Directors strategy, which has been a compliant in the past.

However a point to consider is that this is a historical report, or a review.

We are reviewing a period from April 1st - 30th June (ie: Heritage Gold is pleased to present the quarterly report for the three months ended 30 June 2007.)

The quarterly report is part of the stock exchange disclosure rules and HGD has to abide, by presenting a report to the market ‘even when there is nothing new to report’.

Most of the information contained in the report was already common knowledge and as
Jess9 indicated in a previous post; Any substantial news/events would have already been released to the market.

Personally I do believe Peter and his team have improved this report on past performances, even if only slightly.( and no doubt you will agree there is still ‘more room’ for improvement!):)

For instance we have been provided with timeframes for both the Uranium licences and the new MD being announced. We also know that they have already commenced surface exploration at Dunmarra, which are all positive signs. (from memory this is the first time we have been provided with time lines for events to occur.)

Remember also that unless a ‘specific’ has been signed off, the company has to be careful not to mislead by it’s comments. I think that Peter and the other Directors are very careful with 'insinuations', which is a good thing for existing shareholders, ‘contrary to belief’.

We discussed the Rahu Ridge/Karangahake drilling on this thread recently and I believe the completion of this stage is the ‘first step’ to getting a new resource upgrade at Waihi and possibly creating some JV interest. My understanding is that a independent JORC assessment can cost several $100K, so you want to be certain of your facts and findings.

As I indicated in my post yesterday I was ’disappointed’ that drilling had been deferred at BHCL for 2 months, although it was good to see that BHCL is still pursuing an IPO. IMO private debt funding to get this project underway is the best option for HGD shareholders in this early stage.

I also wonder if the success of the ‘U’ licences at Dunmarra has any bearing on an IPO at BHCL ?

For me the biggest disappointment regarding the report and BHCL is that drilling was held up due ‘farming requirements’- thats not a good look for the management and my next question is...who holds the land leases and what about stock rotation?:(

With regards to Northland -well we all knew permits would take time to be granted and that this would be a long process, especially in NZ. (The only good reason to move to Aussie, I suppose!;))

So to cut a long story short, I still believe HGD is a great medium to long term investment and at some stage soon this ‘sleeping giant’ will awaken.

In the meantime I will be try not to concern myself with the day to day fluctuations in share price until we get closer to the AGM and the 'U' licences being granted in Sept. If this project proceeds we should see some real momentum IMO. and if not, well I will have to reassess my stakeholding at the time.

I can be patient for a while longer![}:)]

Cheers

PS: Shoot me down if you wish!

Woody51
01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Haa, no bullets aimed your way BAP. A very balanced overview.

I'm a very hard marker, and they are trying my patience greatly.

Still too many unknowns for mine ...

ScrappyO
01-08-2007, 11:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tanger

Croesus, without giving too much away, was there any reason given as to why the anouncement that was expected never arrived?

I think he tried to ramp the sp so he could bail out.

jonny5
01-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Or you could give him the benefit of the doubt and give him more than 3 hours to respond? Maybe some of us do work 9-5.

Me? not guilty of such a sin.

Yme
01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
BAP,,,thank you for your continued posts,,i too await the Giant and will collect more if the sp drops.

Woody,,,
mate,,,why don't you put together a small email to the company and see what they offer as a comfort blanket or atleast try get them to move into another gear ,,up that is.
no offence to any Kiwi's but maybe they need a kick in the arm pitts to move to the same pace that the Skippy bounces along at.

re Croesus,,,lol,,,
he did say before the report failed to arrive that he was going on holidays to the South Island,,,i've been chuckling about that ramp ever since his post of i will not be here to face the music ,,i'm off on holidays,,,lol,,,he's only lost credibility amongst punters and scored a free holiday if he did sell on the false run.

Yme
Northland a 33 billion dollar resource,,,

BAPP
01-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Yme
Woody,,,
mate,,,why don't you put together a small email to the company and see what they offer as a comfort blanket or atleast try get them to move into another gear ,,up that is.
no offence to any Kiwi's but maybe they need a kick in the arm pitts to move to the same pace that the Skippy bounces along at.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Yme,

No offence taken by any Kiwi's .. the company is controlled and run by Australians;)

Keep smiling!:)

Cheers
BP[}:)]

croesus
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Well YME and Scrappy O what a petulant couple of whiners. For your information tho I don't know why I bother telling you, I picked up 90k at close of trade 2 days ago, nor have I sold any HGD this financial year... so $#@$ off both off you and put your heads back down the toilet where they belong.

My postings several weeks ago re the announcement will happen, I said several times I may have egg on my face re the timing, and DYOR. HGD move slower then my contact presumed.....but no I won't be giving you jerks a heads up.. I will PM Bap or Jesse personally.

Oh and Tanger welcome to our thread, its normally a lot more civilised, Bap, Jesse and Woody51 can be relied on for sound arguement........me I will keep my advice to myself..

Regards Croesus

Yme
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi BAP,,,
bloody skips [V][V][V]

think i might apply for a passport
and move to Tasmania[:o)][:o)][:o)]
Yme
[:I][:I][:I]

Northland a 33 billion dollar resource and we'll know more cometh Sept endeth;)

Year of the Tiger
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Yme

Yme
[:I][:I][:I]

Northland a 33 billion dollar resource and we'll know more cometh Sept endeth;)

Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black??? [?]

Just following on from croesus, I'd also like to thank BAP, Jesse and Woody51 (and of course the few other posters worth reading) for your posts. I find them very informative and usually offer very balanced comments. I try to do my own research but am a bit of a dead loss when it comes to the technical stuff :(. So I do rely quite a lot on the views of you guys to help me understand a bit little more of what the company is about.
Cheers
YOTT

Disc. Hold a small amount of HGD

ScrappyO
01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by croesus

Well YME and Scrappy O what a petulant couple of whiners. For your information tho I don't know why I bother telling you, I picked up 90k at close of trade 2 days ago, nor have I sold any HGD this financial year... so $#@$ off both off you and put your heads back down the toilet where they belong.

Touchy little F@#@er aren't we.

My postings several weeks ago re the announcement will happen, I said several times I may have egg on my face re the timing, and DYOR. HGD move slower then my contact presumed.....but no I won't be giving you jerks a heads up.. I will PM Bap or Jesse personally.

Whats the point in trying to be the big man by thinking you know it all.

Oh and Tanger welcome to our thread, its normally a lot more civilised, Bap, Jesse and Woody51 can be relied on for sound arguement........me I will keep my advice to myself..

Regards Croesus

The only thing i agree with you on is that i appreciate Bap and Jesse9 knowledge too.

ScrappyO
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
[My postings several weeks ago re the announcement will happen, I said several times I may have egg on my face re the timing, and DYOR. HGD move slower then my contact presumed.....but no I won't be giving you jerks a heads up.. I will PM Bap or Jesse personally.

Regards Croesus
[/quote]

Bap,
I managed to push croesus to at least give you the heads up.
:D

Woody51
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Just a small 'family' feud occurring here. These are trying times, but we are still on the same team, for better or worse. This is the best stock thread on the 'net in my view, and long may it remain so.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I am still hanging in like you all - and still looking forward to meeting u all at that get-together when this puppy delivers - even if I have to live to 100.

Oiler
01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
BAP, Woody,

Ignore the crap and THANKYOU for introducing me to a new stock and industry.
I knew little about gold mining and "still know little" but thanks to you guys balanced discussion I have climbed into this stock.

Keep the balanced chat going

In these up and DOWN markets there are two safe stocks GOLD and BLACK GOLD..
:D

Greenfield
02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Found this interesting to read.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22174078-643,00.html

BAPP
02-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Greenfield,

Thanks for the link. I find that the Australian is currently one of the best and most informative sources of news.

It is great to see you and other new contributors to this thread, so hopefully we all come up with discussion points to keep it interesting and informative!

As Woody51 indicated this is one of the better stock threads and I think we all have similar objectives. (To make money from our HGD investments and have a bit of fun while we're at it!) So lets ensure that everyone wants to keep contributing!:)

And just for Woody51!
There's no chance of me living 'til I'm 100 and I want to semi retire in the next few years, so this 'sleeping giant' better wake up soon so we can have that party![}:)]

I'm sure we will have plenty to discuss leading up to the AGM!;)

Cheers

BAPP
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Over many weeks there has been a lot of discussion regarding the development stage of the Waihi resource.

In many instances the underlying questions are caused by the terminology and 'jargon' used in reporting. The shareholders are not always experts in the field of business they are investing in! (take me for instance!;)).

Questions about Drilling/Sampling/Radiometric Anomalies/ Geological mapping all ‘crop up’ and can rarely be answered accurately by anyone who isn’t a geologist.

The following link is an excellent guide to providing some of the answers in laymen's terms and to help decipher the meaning a press release from a company:
http://www.asx.com.au/resources/newsletters/investor_update/20060214_reading_mining_company_reports.htm

I hope this helps when the next lot of announcements come through, whether it be for HGD or any other exploration/mining company!

Cheers

PS: I quess HGD could be classified as being at the halfway stage at Waihi?!

BAPP
02-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by croesus
My postings several weeks ago re the announcement will happen, I said several times I may have egg on my face re the timing, and DYOR. HGD move slower then my contact presumed.............me I will keep my advice to myself..
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi croesus,

Just like to say, that I value your input on this thread and I hope you will keep on having a 'say' and giving us some insight into your thoughts!
I would also remind other readers that croesus is one of the original contributors to this thread and that 'counts in my book'.
...and yes, we all know that HGD management can often take a bit longer than we expected!

Cheers

Woody51
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree Croesus, please keep contributing. Things are sometimes said tongue in cheek ...

BAPP
03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
A quiet day at the office today! Is this the calm before the storm?[}:)]

Lets just hope there's some excitment next week to get us on the edge of our seats;)

Anyway I won't be going near a computer this weekend, so I hope you all have a good one!

Cheers

Rik
03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi Croesus,

Don't stop posting because others disagree or like firing sh!t at you.

I personally value everyones opinion or information even if I completely disagree!

Woody51
06-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Penny dreadful, but not a 'penny penny' dreadful! Could have been worse. Lot of my "bluechips" in a lot worse share than HGD.

Let's hope the worst is over.

Woody51
06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I hate this new site set up - so much less user friendly. No wonder traffic has fallen off. Trying to edit typos in a post is a nightmare. And trying to transfer numerical numbers across multiple computers waaa.

Woody51
08-08-2007, 08:23 PM
So quiet here. I hope you guys haven't sold your holdings? (No you couldn't have, not enough volume).

Very encouraged at how well HGD held up in the last week. Investors holding tight. Great sign.

Wish I had some new pearls of wisdom to drop, but I don't. Cheers.

doon
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I am keeping you company Woody, but normally 'silent'. Always hoping to see a glimmer of something positive here which may indicate my holdings in HTM.ASX may start to improve a little. Seems whenever we get some hopes, they don't eventuate to anything! However, I am a little bullish on Heritage medium term so don't intend to sell anytime soon. Just would like someone to put a rocket under this co. and get it moving, preferably sooner rather than later. Maybe a new CEO, if they find one, will do the trick? Cheers.

Woody51
08-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi Doon, yes, it's a hold for me too. Wedded to it now. It has again survived my latest 'correction' inspired portfolio spring clean.

There are some terrific people on this thread. Hope to see you back regularly.

Cheers.

Oiler
09-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Doon, yes, it's a hold for me too. Wedded to it now. It has again survived my latest 'correction' inspired portfolio spring clean.

Cheers.

I agree with you Doon, some very knowledgeable people on this thread and yes I been slowly building up my exposure to this company and am holding for the longer term.

STRAT
09-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Wedded to it now.

Cheers.LOL Woody. Im well and truely married to Heritage now too. Is that legal in NZ?:D Speaking of those terrific posters, thanks again to BAP and Jess who are either the most informed investors in Heritage or the best rampers I have ever seen :eek::D:D

ScrappyO
09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Gold sales at Waihi (Martha) decreased 10% in the second quarter of 2007 from 2006, due to the planned transition to underground operations and the ramp-up to steady state milling of underground material. Mill ore grade at Waihi (Martha) increased to 0.378 ounces per ton, up from 0.112 ounces per ton in the prior year quarter due to the transition from open pit to underground mining. Mill throughput decreased 73% and average recoveries decreased 6% as the mill began processing underground material. The Company continues to expect equity gold sales in Australia/New Zealand of between 1.275 and 1.325 million ounces for 2007.

Just a snippet from the newmont quarterly......With the dollar high at the moment Karangahake must be looking good to them..JV would be nice.

Scuffer
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi guys have been watching HGD for awhile now and nearly bought in but decided not to at this stage, but I check in on you guys every now an then and you amaze me with how you all keep this thread going there is always a new post every day, I sometimes wonder if its desperation but well done, its a shame that a lot of the other stocks aren't covered as much.

ScrappyO
09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi guys have been watching HGD for awhile now and nearly bought in but decided not to at this stage, but I check in on you guys every now an then and you amaze me with how you all keep this thread going there is always a new post every day, I sometimes wonder if its desperation but well done, its a shame that a lot of the other stocks aren't covered as much.

Aye there's a lot of GOLD in them hills.

No Bap or Jess9 around they must be having a rest

tobo
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
... I sometimes wonder if its desperation but well done, .... Naa, it's definitely not desperation. This is just the early chapters of a great story. More to come. Much more.
Hold.

Scuffer
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope so just for you guys and your persistence with HGD I hope it works and when it kicks off I will be in.

Woody51
09-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Scuffer, I sometimes think the quality of this forum keeps a lot of us all tight.

Let me say a few things though.

There is no way Warwick Grigor would get involved in this company if there wasn't a master plan.

The latest placement was out of Perth and a lot of big hitters got in (check holders and Goggle). They haven't sold.

Low market cap and "real" prospects.

Total ground floor, SP has held up in the "correction".

Lot to like about HGD. Woody.

Year of the Tiger
10-08-2007, 09:32 AM

Hi Scuffer, At this stage I don't have anything of value to contribute to this thread other than a great amount of support for those such as BAP, Jess etc who keep us well updated, (and motivated ;)). I read everthing that is posted here as well as all the related links that are included with peoples posts. Without all this information I would be totally in the dark so I personally find this thread a great help to me compared with many of the other threads here on sharetrader.

As an aside, I have at times lived in the Katikati and Tauranga areas and for many years as I drive through and around the Waihi area, I've had this gut feeling that there is still a lot of gold in the area, or as someone has said earlier, "in them thar hills". So when I discovered the chance to place a little investment in my "gut feeling" I started to take an interest in HGD.

YOTT

BAPP
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Scuffer, I sometimes think the quality of this forum keeps a lot of us all tight.

Let me say a few things though.

There is no way Warwick Grigor would get involved in this company if there wasn't a master plan.

The latest placement was out of Perth and a lot of big hitters got in (check holders and Goggle). They haven't sold.

Low market cap and "real" prospects.

Total ground floor, SP has held up in the "correction".

Lot to like about HGD. Woody.
------------------------------------------------------------
Well said Woody,

There's also a few 'smart' people with a medium to longer term outlook accumulating at the moment and I'm willing to bet that Mr Grigor has been working hard on behalf of HGD, at the recent 'Diggers & Dealers" conference.

IMO there will be more news for us to 'chat' about in the near future!

Cheers
BP

PS: preferred the old style forum too, but at least we have interesting conversation here!

Woody51
10-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Good to see you back BAP.

We live in interesting times. It will be good if Wall Street settles down tonight, not counting on it though. Just hanging in and hoping.

BAPP
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Good to see you back BAP.

We live in interesting times. It will be good if Wall Street settles down tonight, not counting on it though. Just hanging in and hoping.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Woody,

The important thing in these 'volatile times' is to be in the position that 'you do not have to sell'. The old saying is 'when the going gets tough the tough get going' and this is the time for those who have 'sound' medium to long term goals and investments to be resolute in their decision making.

While I may not have been contributing to this thread over the last week, I can guarantee that HGD played an interesting part in my week. (research, more research and I asked the questions that needed to be asked.)

Some of us had been anticpating an announcement a week or so back, but if you really 'think about it', the timing was all wrong with the global events that unfolded! (Croesus may have been onto something(?), but we will definitely need to see some change of fortunes from the 'off shore' markets before anything eventuates IMO). But hang in there, good times always come from a little hard work and patience!(fingers crossed!)

My suggestion to everyone is to turn up to the AGM and ask the questions you want answered. If you're 'lucky' you might even meet the new MD and find out why Mr Grigor has joined the board?

As always the 'big question' with HGD is, how long are you willing to wait?

As you suggested earlier Woody, check the shareholders and their stake in the company and I think you will find some clues. (thanks to google etc..)

Managed to picked up a few more 'cheap' shares this week, so I'm happy!

Cheers
BP

ScrappyO
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
My postings several weeks ago re the announcement will happen, I said several times I may have egg on my face re the timing, and DYOR. HGD move slower then my contact presumed....... I will PM Bap or Jesse personally.

Regards Croesus
[/quote]

While I may not have been contributing to this thread over the last week, I can guarantee that HGD played an interesting part in my week. (research, more research and I asked the questions that needed to be asked.)

As always the 'big question' with HGD is, how long are you willing to wait?

As you suggested earlier Woody, check the shareholders and their stake in the company and I think you will find some clues. (thanks to google etc..)

Managed to picked up a few more 'cheap' shares this week, so I'm happy!

Cheers
BP[/QUOTE]

My guess BAP knows something......A bit of indepth research is in order i think this weekend. (dont want any insider trading eh!)

BAPP
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
My guess BAP knows something......A bit of indepth research is in order i think this weekend. (dont want any insider trading eh!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi ScrappyO,

I haven't heard a word from Croesus (although I hope he returns to this thread soon!)
I simply decided to go 'straight' to the company MD and ask some questions.(pre AGM so I had some time to think about my questions before hand)

I was happy with his answers and as I indicated in my post, anyone interested in HGD will probably need a medium to long term view if they are looking for 'multi bagger' potential.

As I said ScrappyO, I am still accumulating so obviously I see the long term potential, but just to clarify to everyone I won't even try to 'ramp' this share until it hits $1.00.(ha ha)

It will be interesting to see the 'background' of the incoming MD when it is announced. Lets hope he has the credentials!

Cheers
BP

PS: Sorry I haven't worked out how to use the smilies on this thread yet!

ScrappyO
10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Bap,

Damn.... thought you might know something exciting...Oh well.

As for the smileys i have no idea either.

ScrappyO

croesus
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi BAP, and others.

Have not contributed for the reason I am still waiting for the announcement, it is to do with assetts we hold in Australia, but we are still waiting on signatures....and probably a bit more go forward from the NZ executive... (what do they do all day ???)....

As I said a couple of weeks back , I am still buying.. and hoping to pick up some next week at beloe the warrant price... ( I walked away from about a million warrants.. that hurt.. !... but thank goodness they had been purchased for next to nothing)....

Where to from here, ...........a JV with Newmont is on the cards.. we need to confirm more gold before that happens, forget Northland for 10 years, the Cobalt and the U are the nxt drivers... and Mr Grigor will be the catalyst for those....
anyway thats my lot, till the announcement....unless the cardie wearing hand wringers on this thread.. get me riled again.... hopefully they are too busy polishing their Caravans, or watching "Trinny and Susannah Undress" or whatever other crap State house TV we get on a Friday night.
Don't stress Scrappy and co I am only winding you up, breathe thru your nose you will get over it.
Best wishes to all on this thread, and yes it is one of the better ones.

Regards Croesus.
P/S
WEN had a interesting announcement this afternoon.

BAPP
10-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi BAP, and others.

Have not contributed for the reason I am still waiting for the announcement, it is to do with assetts we hold in Australia, but we are still waiting on signatures....and probably a bit more go forward from the NZ executive... (what do they do all day ???)....

As I said a couple of weeks back , I am still buying.. and hoping to pick up some next week at beloe the warrant price... ( I walked away from about a million warrants.. that hurt.. !... but thank goodness they had been purchased for next to nothing)....

Where to from here, ...........a JV with Newmont is on the cards.. we need to confirm more gold before that happens, forget Northland for 10 years, the Cobalt and the U are the nxt drivers... and Mr Grigor will be the catalyst for those....
Regards Croesus.
P/S
WEN had a interesting announcement this afternoon.
Thanks Croesus,
I tend to agree on all counts, although I think the company can/should use the 'long term' potential of Northland as leverage to establish a better JV deal at Waihi. This can be done with a bit of 'clever deal making' and a 'poker face'. Again Mr Grigor my be just the man to orchestrate a positive outcome.

Gain interest from 'two or more' parties and someone (ie: Newmont) will need to make some hard decisions about gaining more assets that surround their 'ever decreasing' supply chain in the Waihi region.

I'm of the opinion that the recent 'D&D conference may have been just the place to instigate some action.

The prospects at BHCL have always been of interest to me and Dumarra has just added to that interest. IMO, existing shareholders will get beneficial treatment once the deals of an IPO are sorted. I've always anticipated a similar scenario to PRC with a major consortium(probably chinese)providing the sureity of product purchase at an early stage in the proceedings. This could easily be the scenario in both locations with a JV partner at Dunmarra almost a certainity. (it's all food for thought!)

Anyway it's good to to see you back Croesus.

Cheers
BP

BAPP
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=croesus;158691]Hi BAP, and others.
As I said a couple of weeks back , I am still buying.. and hoping to pick up some next week at beloe the warrant price... ( I walked away from about a million warrants.. that hurt.. !... but thank goodness they had been purchased for next to nothing)...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Croesus,

I have a 'feeling' that you may not have been the only contributor to this thread that didn't take up on the warrants.

With announcements imminent(?) I will be surprised to see the NZ share price drop below the warrant conversion price, however the volatility in global markets could easily play a factor in this outcome.

Also if the company leaves investors 'second quessing' too long, who knows what will happen!

IMO we will hear some positive news before the AGM.(they won't want any distraught shareholders at the meeting... will they?)

Cheers
BP

Woody51
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
BAP, when is the AGM again 28th?

BAPP
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
BAP, when is the AGM again 28th?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Woody,

Wednesday 29th August. Hope you can make it!
You could use some of that 'spare cash' you have from your 'sell off' to get here!...
or did you take my advice and spend it wisely?(ha ha).. on your wife!

Cheers
BP

Woody51
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
It's in the SMSF BAP - can't touch it haaa.

I'd love to come - can't though with work commitments etc. I will get to one though, promise.

And then there is the Sharetrader/Heritage get-together at Waihi to factor in, when we are rolling in $$$.

If by AGM time - and at the AGM - there's no action reported, don't you guys get schmoozed by the sausage rolls, Watties tomato sauce and smooth talk, ok?

It will be time to make the transition from email warriors to full-on shareholder dissidents haa.

BAPP
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
It's in the SMSF BAP - can't touch it haaa.

I'd love to come - can't though with work commitments etc. I will get to one though, promise.

And then there is the Sharetrader/Heritage get-together at Waihi to factor in, when we are rolling in $$$.

If by AGM time - and at the AGM - there's no action reported, don't you guys get schmoozed by the sausage rolls, Watties tomato sauce and smooth talk, ok?

It will be time to make the transition from email warriors to full-on shareholder dissidents haa.

Woody, I will endeavour to be at the AGM, so if you have any specific questions you would like me to ask, just send them through!

I reckon the $$$ will be heading our way around this time next year, so we should be able to plan a 'decent get together' for the 2008 AGM.

A trip from Aussie to NZ should only be a few thousand shares by then...or will I have to come over to Aussie for the 2008 AGM?

I'm not keen on sausage rolls and tomato sauce, so I'm hoping some action is 'afoot' so I can justify the salmon, oysters and champagne.

Might even be tempted to try a 'little' of that tonight!

Lets keep our fingers crossed HGD management gives us something to 'really talk about' before te AGM.

Cheers
BP

soltrader
11-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Could any of you please inform me of any major advantages/disadvantages if one buys in one of the exchanges instead of the other? Or does it make no difference?

Thanks

Woody51
11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
BAP, lets hope the oppies are in the money by then!!!

Greenfield
11-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Could any of you please inform me of any major advantages/disadvantages if one buys in one of the exchanges instead of the other? Or does it make no difference?

Thanks

Hi, I assume you are meaning the nzx or the asx.
I buy on the asx for the higher liquidity, but where ever you get the best deal at the time.

Greenfield
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Regarding the current world economic situation: The way I understand it is the US $ will probably not be the base currency in the world to much longer (all things come to an end) and what will people turn to ....Gold....
Apparently, worldwide there is only a few billion ounces that has been mined. Not enough to go round.
So mining stocks are the place to be for the next 10yrs or so. If gold goes to 1000/ounce, and that looks likely to happen, even a small reserve could be profitable.

Interesting reading
http://news.goldseek.com/DougCasey/1186780040.php
http://www.caseyresearch.com/crpmkt/crpSolo.php?id=30&ppref=GSK031ED0807B

Whats other peoples thoughts on this

BAPP
12-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I am definitely no expert on global economics, and I’m also sure there are more 'qualified' people on this thread to discuss the recent market trends than me.

However following on from ‘Greenfields’ post I would also like to suggest that the global markets are currently in a corrective mode or a minor slump which is 'simply' what happens from time to time.

IMo it is not the world wide recession that many people would have us believe! (I have my toes crossed as I type this!)

I have little doubt that gold will establish itself as the number one commodity to build wealth and reduce monetary risk as it has done several times before over several centuries.

Of course this will be great for gold producers/miners for many years to come due to the supply and demand outlook and the same applies for many other mineral commodities, such as Uranium, Cobalt etc.... (just thought I’d add that to keep the HGD topic hot!)

I do not foresee China, India and other Asian nations suddenly halting their developments due to problems in the American property market and the growth in construction, energy and other technology driven aspects in these nations is well structured and will continue for several decades yet.

Probably one of the most common phrases used in the media this week has been that ‘markets have crashed’.

IMO this is not really true (at this stage anyway!), unless you consider the market to be just a very ‘short term vehicle’ to making money. I quess that the chartists and techno's amongst us will ‘love this stuff’ as they try and predict what will happen next, based on historical records.

The global markets are all showing nervousness and many investors who are in a ‘heavy debt’ situation are either getting out or tethering on making this decision due to the high risk factors involved in being in a volatile market.

While the internet and other media are fantastic sources to assisting investors with their portfolio decisions, they also make us more vulnerable to sudden market extremes. (‘Markets never behave rationally, because human nature is involved’!)

Now we know within hours what is happening around the rest of the world and often human nature will succumb to panic and fear especially when and if, money and risky speculation is involved. (This does not only apply to the money markets either!)

There is no way of being certain where the market will be next week but what is important is that you ‘put yourself’ in the position to ‘ride through’ the tough times, or have cash on hand to take advantage of the bargains that present themselves.

IMO, the market has in the past few weeks 'corrected' from record highs which have been building for several years.

This should not be surprising as that is exactly what investments, markets and individual shares do?

They rise and they fall, just to rise again!

You just need to be be HGD shareholder to testify to that!

Lets hope for some good news 'all round' this week!

Cheers
BP

soltrader
12-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi, I assume you are meaning the nzx or the asx.
I buy on the asx for the higher liquidity, but where ever you get the best deal at the time.

So, apart from liquidity, if it doesn't matter which exchange you buy on, then currently the ASX offers a better deal, as it looks cheaper after exchange rate conversions.

BAPP
12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
So, apart from liquidity, if it doesn't matter which exchange you buy on, then currently the ASX offers a better deal, as it looks cheaper after exchange rate conversions.

Hi Soltrader,

With regards to HGD/HTM.. It is difficult to argue that it doesn’t really matter which exchange you 'buy on' and that liquidity is always a factor to consider !

However, firstly I would also suggest that you consider your potential selling price, when making a decision.(?)

Consider that.. and it 'could be argued' that a 25% gain (for want of a figure) on a purchase price of 7 cents, will always bring a greater monetary gain than the lesser purchase price of 6 cents. ( of course in this equation we must also take into account the exchange rate conversion at the time of 'buying' and the 'selling' period when considering this possibilty!).

So now this gets slightly complicated? (hmm!)

IMO it doesn’t really matter which exchange you 'buy' HGD / HTM.

If you have medium to long term objectives that is! (this comment does not apply to every share listed on both the NZX or ASX stock exchanges) IMO just buy before everyone starts realising the true value of this share.

You still have a few weeks IMO, but then again there will always be highs and lows! (as per my previous post) and the appropriate time will depend on your personal situation and how long you intend to be holding!

It is interesting to note that the HGD share price on the NZX has generally remained higher than that of HTM on the ASX share. (there are the odd exception to this comment).

Apparently nothing is as simple as it seems? But I believe there is very little differnce between purchasing on the either 'exchange' under current market circumstances unless you have some inside knowledge about about the sale price that is!

IMO, only the top 5 shareholders would have a clue on that! (they are all Aussies) so maybe that is a clue. (ha ha)

Cheers
BP

PS: Sorry,still having problems with this new site and smilies, so sticking with (hmm & ha ha)

ritchie
13-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi BAP.

Newbie to this thread.

I take it you are saying that in your opinion HGD is a good buy at the moment. Could you breifly summarise why you think that is...if you dont mind that is.

I have gone back and read a many of the comments over the last year. Am looking for a short term investment. Yes I should do my own investigating but and was just interested in your opinion.

Cheers

BAPP
13-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi BAP.

Newbie to this thread.

I take it you are saying that in your opinion HGD is a good buy at the moment. Could you breifly summarise why you think that is...if you dont mind that is.

I have gone back and read a many of the comments over the last year. Am looking for a short term investment. Yes I should do my own investigating but and was just interested in your opinion.

Cheers

Hi Ritchie,

Personally I don't view HGD as a short term investment. However there are possible signs that suggest there could be 'upside' in the share price within the next month or so.

Points to consider in the short term are:
New MD should be announced in the next week or so!
Uranium Licences should be granted at Dunmarra Basin next month!
Drilling at Broken Hill Cobalt should progress!
A possible gold resource upgrade at Waihi should be acheived!
There are 'rumours' of changes and the old saying is 'where there is smoke there is fire'!

If you have read my posts over the past year you will understand that I have a long term view of my HGD investment and I'm looking at the 'multi bagger' potential over the next year. Also IMO HGD is undervalued when compared to other NZ & ASX exploration company's with similar resource levels.

Lastly, yes....you should do your own research and I will leave it to you to make your own short term conclusions!

Cheers
BP

ritchie
13-08-2007, 08:57 AM
thanks for that

BAPP
13-08-2007, 11:01 AM
thanks for that

PS: Ritchie, welcome to this thread also.

It is good to see more readers joining in, and contributing to the HGD discussion! Hopefully we can all make a 'buck or two' out of this company at some stage!

Cheers
BP

BAPP
13-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Announcement for anyone interested in the AGM.

HGD
13/08/2007
MEETING

REL: 1334 HRS Heritage Gold NZ Limited

MEETING: HGD: Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders

Heritage Gold NZ Limited ("the Company") advises that its Annual Meeting of
Shareholders will be held in the Titoki Room, Jubilee Building, 545 Parnell
Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand on Wednesday 29 August 2007 commencing
at 3.00 pm.
The business of the meeting will be:
ITEM A - PRESENTATIONS

(a) The Chairman's address to shareholders and shareholder discussion.
(b) To receive and consider the Annual Report including the Financial
Statements and the Auditor's Report for the year ended 31 March 2007.
ITEM B - RESOLUTIONS
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolutions as ordinary
resolutions of the Company:

1 Re-election of Directors
(a) James Murray McKee retires by rotation under clause 27.2 of the
Company's constitution and, being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
(b) Matthew Geoffrey Hill retires under clause 26.2 of the Company's
constitution and, being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
(c) Warwick Robert Grigor retires under clause 26.2 of the Company's
constitution and, being eligible, offers himself for re-election.

In terms of the NZSX Listing Rules the Board of the Company has determined
that James Murray McKee is an Independent Director; Matthew Geoffrey Hill is
not an Independent Director; and Warwick Robert Grigor is an Independent
Director.

Brief biographies for James Murray McKee, Matthew Geoffrey Hill and Warwick
Robert Grigor are set out in the Explanatory Notes.

2 Increase Director Fees
That, for the purposes of Listing Rule 3.5.1 of the NZSX Listing Rules and
Listing Rule 10.17 of the Listing Rules of the Australian Securities Exchange
and for all other purposes, the maximum aggregate Directors' fees payable to
Directors be increased from $15,000 to $50,000 per annum, with such fees to
be allocated on a basis determined by the two Independent Directors.

Voting Exclusion: The Company will disregard any votes cast on this
resolution by any Director of the Company and any associate of a Director.
However, the Company need not disregard a vote if:
- it is cast by a person as proxy for a person who is entitled to vote,
in accordance with the express directions on the proxy form; or
- it is cast by the person chairing the meeting as a proxy for a person
who is entitled to vote, in accordance with a direction on the proxy form to
vote as the proxy decides.

3 Re-appointment of Auditors
To record the re appointment of Carlton-DFK as the Company's auditors under
section 200 of the Companies Act 1993, and to authorise the Directors to
settle their remuneration.

Explanatory Notes

The Explanatory Notes accompanying this Notice of Annual General Meeting is
incorporated in and comprises part of this Notice of Annual General Meeting.

Shareholders are specifically referred to the Glossary in the Explanatory
Notes which contains definitions of terms used both in this Notice of Annual
General Meeting and Explanatory Notes.
Proxies and representatives

You may exercise your right to vote at the meeting either by being present in
person or by appointing a proxy to attend and vote in your place. A proxy
need not be a shareholder of the Company. A body corporate shareholder may
appoint a representative to attend the meeting on its behalf.

A proxy form is attached to this notice. If you wish to vote by proxy you
must complete the form and produce it to the Company at its registered
office, Nathan House, 541 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand so as
to ensure that it is received at least 48 hours before the meeting.

By order of the Board.

Sue Sangster
Company Secretary

13 August 2007
End CA:00152031 For:HGD Type:MEETING Time:2007

STRAT
13-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Anyone going to make the AGM?

BAPP
13-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Anyone going to make the AGM?

Hi Strat,

Hopefully! I'm supposed to be in Napier that week, however I'm trying to keep the Wednesday 'free' for the AGM.

After today's announcement I'm keen to know what advantage the shareholders will receive from remunerating the Directors by an extra $150k per annum!:confused:

Especially as they must also have to be considering a very good incentive package for the incoming MD!

Cheers

PS: Thanks YOTT:)

mibo
13-08-2007, 02:40 PM
After today's announcement I'm keen to know what advantage the shareholders will receive from remunerating the Directors by an extra $150k per annum!

Yes, I was wondering about that. I guess if it goes through on the back of some good news, there won't be too many questions asked...:confused:

BAPP
13-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes, I was wondering about that. I guess if it goes through on the back of some good news, there won't be too many questions asked...:confused:

Hi mibo,

Yes...but you would also expect them ( just for good PR :rolleyes:) to release the 'good news' first... so we can all see they have been working in the shareholders best interests.

Must be 'good news' to be able to increase your remuneration that much.;) Although to be fair they have not had increases for quite some time and I suppose we would have no qualms if the share price was sky rocketing!:)

I will be looking for some comparisons from other junior explorers over the next few days!

Cheers

BAPP
13-08-2007, 04:48 PM
After reading the explanatory notes attached to today's ASX announcement, I believe the recommened increase in Directors remuneration is fair and is in reality probably quite low for a listed company.:)

My understanding is that the increase is a total of $35,000 as set out below.

See what you think?

Cheers

Resolution 2
The approval of an ordinary resolution of the holders of the ordinary shares in the Company is required for Resolution 2 (i.e. a simple majority of votes cast at the meeting by shareholders entitled to vote and voting). The Company seeks approval under NZSX Listing Rule 3.5.1(a) and Listing Rule 10.17 of the Listing Rules of the Australian Securities Exchange to increase director fees from an aggregate of $15,000 per annum to an aggregate of $50,000 per annum. The maximum aggregate fees payable to Directors have not been increased since 2000. The Board considers that it is reasonable and appropriate to seek an increase in fees in order to retain as Directors persons of high calibre in possession of the range of skills required in order to adequately meet the needs of the Company.

Jess9
13-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi BAP. Agree. I think going forward HGD board members will be required to do alot more than in the past. 50K pa to retain active board members who can provide quality direction as HGD expands is right on track. This is another example of positive change occurring. Good people expect to be paid fairly.

PS Late sell-off on ASX, odd as the market as a whole rose.

BAPP
13-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi BAP. Agree. I think going forward HGD board members will be required to do alot more than in the past. 50K pa to retain active board members who can provide quality direction as HGD expands is right on track. This is another example of positive change occurring. Good people expect to be paid fairly.

PS Late sell-off on ASX, odd as the market as a whole rose.

Hi Jess9,

Good to hear from you!

Yes, the extra remuneration is 'peanuts' for the experience and background of the likes of Messers Hill & Grigor.

I am sure WG could earn a lot more money through other directorships if he wished, so once again I would suggest he must have 'good reason' to be currently working with the other HGD management.:)

My understanding is that he was working hard for HGD at the recent D&D conference and while it was strange to see the 'late sell off' on the ASX today, I still suspect there is negotiations being 'nurtured' behind the scenes.;)

I'm keen to hear who the new MD is and also find what Peter's new role will entail! I for one won't be surprised if we get some good news before the AGM! (as always time will tell!)

Jess do you think you'll be making it the the AGM? If not, let me know the questions you would like presented!

Cheers

Jess9
13-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks BAP. Work commitments will likely keep me away this year. I will however mull over a few questions, especially if we get some new info before the meeting.

Here's a thought...is it worth starting an HGD/AGM question thread? It may help to identify key questions several posters would like to hear more about. Maybe we could send the list in a few days prior to the meeting to enable the coy to make have some prepared answers which go a little deeper than if these were sprung at the meeting.

STRAT
13-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi BAP.
I was intending to shuffle along but I too will now be out of town on business. Fiji actually. I would love some feedback from anyone who attends. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time to go and post. On a different note there is quite a bit of renewed investor interest in Gold with the sub prime drama and the US market and the US dollar looking shaky. If gold gets up to $1000 that would be added incentive for Heritage to get A into G and dig some up eh?

BAPP
14-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks BAP. Work commitments will likely keep me away this year. I will however mull over a few questions, especially if we get some new info before the meeting.

Here's a thought...is it worth starting an HGD/AGM question thread? It may help to identify key questions several posters would like to hear more about. Maybe we could send the list in a few days prior to the meeting to enable the coy to make have some prepared answers which go a little deeper than if these were sprung at the meeting.

Hi Jess9 & Strat,

I quess the 'common' question asked will revolve around timelines for seeing some significant progress at all 3 resource areas. (Waihi, Broken Hill & Dunmarra).

The day that HGD management can confirm updated resource levels in one of, or all 3 locations is the day that this junior becomes a 'real player' in the market.

Then it becomes a 'simple matter' of how well management realises the potential! The very reason it is good to see WG on board!;)

Lets see what questions other contributors come up with over the next week or so!

Cheers

BAPP
14-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi mibo,

I will be looking for some comparisons from other junior explorers over the next few days!

Cheers

I though I'd 'check this out a bit further' and it seems that the HGD directors are remunerated at quite 'low levels' (even with the increase) compared to other 'junior' explorers.

I think it is important that we remember that to keep 'good' people you need to pay well for the services and experience they provide.

I am confident that Mr Grigor will play an important part in developing this company and the shareholders need to secure his services indefinitely.

I wonder if in the case of HGD whether it would be an option for the 'future' to have increases based on share price performance or incentives such as 'performance based options' for Directors....Any thoughts?

I have organised to be at the AGM, so if anyone has any questions, (within reason that is!;) ) they would like presented at the AGM send them through and I will be happy to present them.

Cheers

Woody51
14-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Almost a million HTM (HGD) turned over on the ASX today - down another point three. Some explorers and even producers have been taking a hammering - look at stocks like MMX over the last couple of days, etc.

Warwick Grigor always says that a company needs a regular flow of information to hold investor interest. Let's hope from September that starts happening with HGD. Silence is NOT golden in my book - and they don't come much more non-communicative than HGD.

The OZ market is really spooked. Hopefully everything will have settled down by the 29th, if not before. If the Dow slumps tonight then 4.7 cents on the ASX for HTM may look very expensive and the options may not hold. Thank goodness I don't need the cash!

Not a good time either to be putting out any announcements. Look at Manta today. A month ago and they would have gone through the roof on that news. If HGD have something up their sleeve, I hope they wait until the waters settle.

Year of the Tiger
14-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Congrats Woody51 on the top of page 100.... lets hope by the time we reach page 200, the share price is way up there and lookin' good.

YOTT

Woody51
14-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Haaa ..hey! Two dollars sounds just good to me. Finally sunning the days away on that balcony on the Gold Coast ...

croesus
16-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Picked up a good number today, looking for more tomorrow........hoping to see 3c again..

BAPP
16-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Picked up a good number today, looking for more tomorrow........hoping to see 3c again..

Hi Croesus,

For once I hope your wrong! However we will need something 'special' to change the downward direction.

Cheers

croesus
16-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Look at it this way BAP nothing has changed underground... HGD is still a spec currently poorly managed (but I won't go further on that)
You and I and others can see value (well we hope we can)..... if weak sellers are panicked by world markets... its their perogative... if they dropped to 1c a share that would suit me..
cheers Croesus

JackSprat
16-08-2007, 04:47 PM
If they did that it'd cost me just 10k to be a millionaire in 12 months time! ;)

Jess9
16-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Croesus, I also picked a few today, and am happy. I may be wrong but I think selling was by a single holder who for what ever reason needed out and had to take what was on offer. If this seller is finished we might well see the price lift up again quickly, lets see how tomorrow goes.

I guess however you're hoping "the seller" (assuming this is correct) has another 1m or so to liquidate!!

Jess9
16-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Fear definetly prevailed today (especially when ASX was driven down by 5% at one point) but look at closing seller depth ASX, no substantial backfill sellers until 7c AUS. As said, be interesting to see if "the main seller" has finished/left. If so, greed of missing out might flick it around again quite quickly, oh what fun ; )

croesus
16-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah "oh what fun" totally agree.... for a contrarian like me this is hog heaven....picked up some other resource stocks today, but have plenty in reserve if the buying gets better.. ie stocks take another hit, hard to know if this rout has legs, ... this sub prime thing seems to dumb to me.... I mean shonky mortgages to white trash trailer park dwellers... about as bright as giving your hard earned money to Bridgecorp.

BAPP
16-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Fear definetly prevailed today (especially when ASX was driven down by 5% at one point) but look at closing seller depth ASX, no substantial backfill sellers until 7c AUS. As said, be interesting to see if "the main seller" has finished/left. If so, greed of missing out might flick it around again quite quickly, oh what fun ; )

Hi Jess9

Agreed! I tested this over the past two days and would concur!
Like Croesus, I'm happy to accumulate on the lower prices, although most of my available cash is depleted now!(bugger!)

IMO someone is trying to play the market (us) on this one!

Cheers

Year of the Tiger
16-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I have to admit to a bit of profit taking on a couple of other shares over the last couple of days so I now have a wee bit of cash in reserve.... I'm ready to play the waiting game here with HGD... but in the short term I'm prepared to wait and see where the dust will finally settle. Maybe I'll buy some more, :confused: but then again, maybe I won't..;)

Cheers
YOTT

Woody51
17-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Time to hold fire I think. Dow futures are shocking again tonight.

Why have I got a green face and a silly smile? Cos I am sick and stressed, of course.

Might soon be time to raid the kids piggy bank for spec shares, we'll probably pick up a few thousand per pig!

mccollr
17-08-2007, 05:50 AM
I am certainly keeping an eye out for some low cost stocks to add to my portfolio. The DOW took another hammering last night. Any suggestions of any NZ stocks to add to my watchlist. ??? ;)

JackSprat
17-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I got this from "Trendy's" post on "Blood on the Floor" thread.

Be careful...the DOW close at near even doesn't show the intra-day picture...when it was down 340...rumor is Chinese investor was buying stock in Bear Stearns.

Wholesale lay offs on Wall Street coming.....and another Hedge Fund is going to fold....as big as LTCMin 1998.

http://www.reuters.com/article/merge...45973920070816
:(