PDA

View Full Version : Korab Resources - KOR

Moonshine
15-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Lots of good acreage,... currently drilling at their Batchelor/Rum Jungle tenements in the NT.

"At U-515 the largest anomaly exceeded the background radiation level of the
prospect by between 5 times and 21 times. The anomaly is trending north to
north-east and has approximate dimensions of 240 m by 100 m and is open
to the west. It is located approximately 1.5 km east of the historical Rum
Jungle Creek South uranium mine."

If they can find 1/4 of what CMR has got... then there is massive upside to this co.

The website is fantastic and will give you all the info you need:

http://www.korabresources.com.au/

Cheers,

Moonshine

OneUp
15-09-2006, 05:00 PM
New World Alloys (NWA) has 40% free carried in Batchelor.

Plus a profitable and rapidly expanding smelting operation.

thereslifeafter87
20-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Up 50% today on announcement of an acquisition.

Ponda
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Anyone following or interested in this little puppy

STRAT
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone following or interested in this little puppyLooks like a bot has been buying today

Ponda
06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Looks like a bot has been buying today

Hi STRAT, he has been hanging around for a few days. From the looks he keeps selling down and I am unsure of what the implications for that are. I really don't understand. Maybe you could help?
When there was a 'buy' @ 16 and a sell @ 16.5 he would sell into 16 for about $215 worth at a time every 5 minutes.

Someone would then step up and buy the 16.5 out so then his order went and started selling into the 16.5 and then I missed the multi sells at 17 cents.

I just can't work out if he is trying to keep the price down as anyone who would want to buy KOR knows that they don't have to go to say 17 because he is more than happy to sell you his at 16.5.

I don't know!!

Ponda
07-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I have borrowed this post from HC (Valuefirst)

There's a report from Resource Capital Research on the KOR website dated late September. They're talking about 33c per share from Geolsec & Bobrikovo alone (ie ignores Melrose & Bobrikovo).

"Investment Comment:
KOR has plans for four new mines, one spin-off in progress (UAU) and another planned for 2010 (LUG).

At US$850/oz Au and using DFS parameters, NPV of Bobrikovo oxide operation is A$6m (5% discount rate), with upside from developing the sulphide; GeolSec, at 30ktpa, margin A$350/t, for 5 years (and 5% disc), has NPV A$20.6m – a combined A$26.6m or A$0.33/share for these operations.

With several advanced projects, exploration properties in WA (gold, iron ore, uranium), and a market cap of A$16m, KOR appears under-rated. UAU and LUG spin-outs could help unlock some of this latent value. "

Full report at:
http://www.korab.com.au/analysts.html

P.S Current share price 16.5 cents

Ponda
21-01-2010, 10:28 AM
KOR made an announcement yesterday in respect of turning further business arms into individual companies and as such there will be an IPO.

1)KOR holders will receive between 1 and 1.5 free share for each share held in the Bobrikovo Gold and Silver project.

2) KOR holders will also recieve 1 free share for each KOR share in the Melrose Gold project.

The above is subject to shareholders agreement.

KOR recently split of their Australia Uranium business and all KOR holders recieved about 1.33 shares for each share held. We are currently waiting for the UAU company to list.

The splitting of the UAU business did not have any detrimental affect on the share price.

Here is the link for yesterdays announcement.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100120/pdf/31n7tdcbgrj38b.pdf

shasta
21-01-2010, 01:02 PM
KOR made an announcement yesterday in respect of turning further business arms into individual companies and as such there will be an IPO.

1)KOR holders will receive between 1 and 1.5 free share for each share held in the Bobrikovo Gold and Silver project.

2) KOR holders will also recieve 1 free share for each KOR share in the Melrose Gold project.

The above is subject to shareholders agreement.

KOR recently split of their Australia Uranium business and all KOR holders recieved about 1.33 shares for each share held. We are currently waiting for the UAU company to list.

The splitting of the UAU business did not have any detrimental affect on the share price.

Here is the link for yesterdays announcement.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100120/pdf/31n7tdcbgrj38b.pdf

Yeah i picked up on this yesterday, & the share price increase shows the market likes the 2 in specie distributions!

Always nice when a company creates value for shareholders!

Ponda
22-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Buying KOR, in my mind, is a no brainer.

There are currently two flagged IPO's this year that KOR will be de-merging from the Company.

IF they are both listed at 20 cents in the IPO, that equates to 40 cents worth of free shares and yet the share price is currently 23.5 cents. It reached a high on Wednesday of 34 cents.

I posted on the 7/11/09 that the share price was 16.5, so there is a 42% rise in a couple of months.

I have attached a broker/dealer presentation that was released yesterday.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100121/pdf/31n8k9pdd3md9t.pdf

SHASTA: Yes, it is nice to see them looking after their shareholders. I also like the fact that they don't keep us in the dark. There is a continuing supply of information to the market to keep us up to date. I'm a little perplexed as to why they has been no update in respect of the UAU listing.

DISC. I hold KOR, I like KOR (but then again I am a sucker for Goldies) Would be real nice to see someone else join me.

Ponda
13-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Buying KOR, in my mind, is a no brainer.

DISC. I hold KOR, I like KOR (but then again I am a sucker for Goldies) Would be real nice to see someone else join me.

Well looks like nobody else wants to join me :)

Another Announcement on Friday in relation to free shares for 2 of KOR's gold companies.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100212/pdf/31nnx2sdp88rq3.pdf

Would love to have the skills to do an in-depth analysis of KOR like JBmerc has done for TRY. I am sure that it would make for interesting reading.

It's such a good company IMO. Having said that I had to sell the other day to fund something else but WILL get back in when I can. Probably (no: was) the wrong thing to do, but a learning opportunity for me.

DISC: No longer holding KOR :mad:

denpal
08-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Ann. today on DSO phosphate for the organic farming market. It's hard to believe the margins here and the small capex and opex. I need to find out how much resource is there, can't seem to find a JORC resource statement for this deposit. I bought in today anyway as NPAT even over a couple of years is outstanding w.r.t. the MC of the company, plus KOR has several IPO's coming up this year however the in-specie close-off date is long gone!

trackers
09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Saw that announcement and thought about getting on board - Hadn't heard about the company until I saw the announcement in my news feed (also considered getting on board FMJ for a quick run but didn't end up buying either sigh).. Impressive margins indeed, and good on the company for making an announcement specifically about them....

I see there's also multiple offers for sales agreements..

I saw this in the Australian yesterday, on a similar note:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/scramble-for-phosphate/story-e6frg9ex-1226001538247

shasta
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Saw that announcement and thought about getting on board - Hadn't heard about the company until I saw the announcement in my news feed (also considered getting on board FMJ for a quick run but didn't end up buying either sigh).. Impressive margins indeed, and good on the company for making an announcement specifically about them....

I see there's also multiple offers for sales agreements..

I saw this in the Australian yesterday, on a similar note:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/scramble-for-phosphate/story-e6frg9ex-1226001538247

Interesting the same day KOR made there ann, CNL came out with a MoU for all there offtake of phosphate & the mine isnt even at feasibility yet!

Are we seeing the start of a Phosphate bubble?

trackers
09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I think so Shasta, I've setup a watchlist for phosphate/potash and everyone on it has gone racing (even juniors like POZ, RUM etc)...

Dipped my toes into a couple microcaps (who have dubious resources at this stage) just in case people draw the connection there and wanna take it for a ride -you know the ones :) GMM, SPQ... Keeping an eye on AIV too.

I see KOR is giving back a bit of gains today

Huang Chung
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Are we seeing the start of a Phosphate bubble?

Oh geez, I hope Skol doesn't read this thread :scared:

trackers
09-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Au contraire HC! I hope he does... If he comes in here and tells me the price of Phosphate and Potash is going down, that'll be the best news I've had all week :D