PDA

View Full Version : Karoon Gas (KAR)

WASL
25-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Is anyone else following Karoon Gas (KAR)? I have been building KAR for 18 months based on the prospects in the Browse Basin in NW WA. 2 permits with quite good prospects for gas and condensate (and I suspect a good bit of old fashioned crude). Have been over $2 but recently been hovering around the $1.55 mark. Up 11.7% today in a surprise move (moderate volume and no ASX announcements). Someone knows something I do not know. Can anyone shed any light on this move?
Good luck as always
WASL

WASL
27-09-2006, 10:04 PM
58 reads and no replies on my KAR post. Surely someone else must have this on their radar?

Robbo; you cover a lot of ground - what about you? If this comes good you can get your Crownies by the pallet load!!

Cheers to all and Good Luck as Always

WASL

WASL
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I am very surprised that this thread is being ignored. No replys and some 85 reads. Wake up!!

Recent price history is: 21/9 $1.57; 25/9 (date of my thread creation) $1.72; 2/10 $2.01 (intra day high = $2.08).

My sources say that there is a very strong rumour in broking circles (a leak so 100% accurate) that KAR expect to announce an arrangement with a farm-out partner on Wednesday.

For the details check the KAR website and the ASX reports.

Market reaction expected to be different depending on the quality of the partner (an unknown foreign company = +$0.60; a big player (Shell, Woodside, etc) = much more ( to $4??)).

Good luck as always

WASL

Bobbyvee
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this one WASL. Now $2.40 and the farm-in announcement still to be released, maybe today.

Cheers
Bobbyvee

Yossarian
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
up 10% today... any gossip about?

Yossarian
11-10-2007, 03:08 PM
anyone else enjoying this glorious rise?? just cracked $4 from $2.25 at the beginning of the week.

Yossarian
02-05-2008, 01:17 PM
talking to myself again on this one... up 60% or so in the last few weeks... what's going on peeps? Got to say it's good to see some green in the portfolio with this one!

Bobbyvee
02-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Don't feel lonely there are other happy holders of KAR, all anxiously awaiting the drilling program at Browse Basin. I think this rise is just part of the present general excitement in the market about gas.

Yossarian
18-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Another all time high yesterday... when will this run out of puff??

Bobbyvee, do you know when the driling results are due? Hope they're not a disappointment relative to the SP these days!

PS the latest capital raising should put another wedge under the SP too. Good to see they can still get decent dosh in this market.

Bobbyvee
18-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Well this is what Karoon said about the Browse Basin activities in March:

"A 3D seismic program was contracted with Fugro-Geoteam AS using the vessel the Geo Atlantic. The 3D seismic survey started on January 10 and will cover 1400 sq kms within WA-398-P with a further 500 sq kms approximately outside the permit boundaries.
The survey is now 60% complete and is expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter 2008.

This seismic data will be utilized for the further definition of prospects in WA-398-P and to aid in defining well sites for the drilling program later in 2008/2009

Karoon is a 40% interest holder of WA-398-P, directly south of Karoon’s adjacent permits WA-314-P and WA-315-P. ConocoPhillips is Karoon’s joint venture partner and operator of the permit."

Some suggest the drilling could commence as early as November 2008 but I am not too sure.

Yossarian
21-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Drilling results imminent (into the reservoir tomorrow or next day and test results a few weeks later).

SP shot back up to $4. Very resilient compared to most in the market.

Still, this thing bounces around like a yoyo - why so volatile?

Bobbyvee, you still in?

Crypto Crude
22-04-2009, 12:03 AM
yossarian,
do you hold?
im watching with interest...
:cool:
.^sc

Yossarian
22-04-2009, 08:39 AM
yep been holding for a couple of years... seen some ups and downs in that time but in good shape currently!

Bobbyvee
23-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Been in out a bit over the last year, lost part of my earlier gains in the market plunge. For now I am out, rightly or wrongly we will see!

Yossarian
27-04-2009, 12:14 PM
holy crap, up to all time highs today... in this market! what a great stock!

just cracked $5 for the first time.

Yossarian
28-04-2009, 10:23 AM
yeeha, up to $5.40 on major gas strike. Haven't seen something this exciting for a while.

If this had happened two years ago the price would have doubled, i bet!

shasta
28-04-2009, 05:30 PM
yeeha, up to $5.40 on major gas strike. Haven't seen something this exciting for a while.

If this had happened two years ago the price would have doubled, i bet!

KAR used to be ABN Amro's play thing...

A while back a colleague of mine, got a "hot tip" from inside ABN Amro regarding KAR possibly being a $20+ share.

I then found the supposed internal document on Hotcopper, & that the stock had run hard already!

I'd be weary

Crypto Crude
28-04-2009, 05:58 PM
KAR's, and extremely volatile stock...
congratulations Yoss...
you are on your way to becoming a big boss.....
.^sc

Yossarian
29-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I'd be weary

you'd better take a nap then ;)

PS when was this anyway?

cheers

Yossarian
04-05-2009, 11:17 AM
just hit $7... KAR is now, unintentionally, my largest holding.

Hmmm, to sell some or not? A nice quandry to be in! Not had many wins in the last year or so!

MrDevine
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Nice won Yossarian. Well done. Now, when to sell? I see they're in a TH…

Mr D.

Yossarian
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
just sold half my holding for a 3 bagger (or is it a 2 bagger? tripled my dough anyway).

Very tempting to stay in but now just too exposed... also need the cash right now!!

Huang Chung
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Good result Yossarian ;).

I did see KAR got a tick from an ABNAmroMorgans bod (Chris MacDonald) on one of the Sky business shows yesterday....he referred to it as a potential mini Woodside.

Out of interest, his other two picks were Intrepid Mining (gold and copper play) and CSL.

shasta
10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Good result Yossarian ;).

I did see KAR got a tick from an ABNAmroMorgans bod (Chris MacDonald) on one of the Sky business shows yesterday....he referred to it as a potential mini Woodside.

Out of interest, his other two picks were Intrepid Mining (gold and copper play) and CSL.

HC

ABN Amro have been extremely bullish on KAR for a while now, they sent to there client base a report a couple of years ago, showing KAR as potentially being worth $20 a share!

Gotta wonder how much the companies pay to get this "advice"

Yossarian
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
HC

ABN Amro have been extremely bullish on KAR for a while now, they sent to there client base a report a couple of years ago, showing KAR as potentially being worth $20 a share!

logarithmically they're half way there... :D

Yossarian
29-06-2009, 12:59 PM
sold too early... now at $9/share!

seems finally to be getting some attention from the fund managers etc?

however, this rocket is worrying me a bit... will it get some serious speed wobbles soon?

Yossarian
13-07-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/insidebusiness/content/2009/s2623375.htm

interesting interview with the founder, Bob Hosking.

Worth a look for any prospective investors.

The Big Ease
16-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I can't believe this thread is only 2 pages long.
Sounds like an interesting story.

The comparison with HES (sp?) piqued my interest. HE reckong the stock could have the reserves to justify an 18 bagger within 8 months.

Surprised Bermuda isn't all over this one.

bermuda
16-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I can't believe this thread is only 2 pages long.
Sounds like an interesting story.

The comparison with HES (sp?) piqued my interest. HE reckong the stock could have the reserves to justify an 18 bagger within 8 months.

Surprised Bermuda isn't all over this one.

TBE,
This thing is absolutely fantastic. Could go a lot higher. I missed out on this one concentrating on CSG. The North West shelf can really produce some bonanza's.

Good luck to all.

The Big Ease
16-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I haven't done any research beyond the inside business interview and abit of snooping on HC (!!!), but the potential being talked about isn't rumour and innuendo. Kohler doesn't just throw up numbers to sensationalise a story.

I don't think there are many people who can say they missed a 4 bagger concentrating on other stocks and not regret a thing Mr B! ;)

You've certainly had the midas touch over the past 18 months.

Yossarian
17-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Karoon have had a lot more media coverage recently... it seems people are finally waking up to this sleeping giant.

I think Karoon will be in the ASX100 on the next reshuffle... not bad for a company that listed at $0.20 (I think) about 5 years ago.... now $10.50.

Still, every price increase (on the back of no "new news") worries me... I wouldn't be surprised to see a sharp drop back to $7-8.

But then... drilling commencing on Kontiki 1 next week - successful results there could push this up to $15 no probs...

cheers

dragonz
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Karoon have had a lot more media coverage recently... it seems people are finally waking up to this sleeping giant.

I think Karoon will be in the ASX100 on the next reshuffle... not bad for a company that listed at $0.20 (I think) about 5 years ago.... now $10.50.

Still, every price increase (on the back of no "new news") worries me... I wouldn't be surprised to see a sharp drop back to $7-8.

But then... drilling commencing on Kontiki 1 next week - successful results there could push this up to $15 no probs...

cheers

Well I made a tentative buy Friday and picked the bottom pretty closely. Averaged up today when it looked like the short-term downtread could be reversed. 10 weeks of exciting drilling results (updated every Thursday) to come. Hopefully good news will see the shareprice bounce back to the $12 range.

Yossarian
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
good luck dragonz. Still holding too.

dragonz
12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
good luck dragonz. Still holding too.

I see the shorts have increased to almost 26% of turnover. Only brought the shareprice down 2.6%. This seems to be holding above $10 quite well which will be making the shorters a bit nervous. If they are forced to cover thier positions on the back of positive results then this could move quite qickly IMHO. If it does break the $10 then $8.60 is the next solid support. With drilling results only 8 weeks away I doubt it will get to this level.

Yossarian
13-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I see the shorts have increased to almost 26% of turnover.

Where do you get this info?
cheers

dragonz
13-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Where do you get this info?
cheers

http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt

Yossarian
14-08-2009, 08:36 AM
thanks

dragonz
24-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Good rise of 10% today most happening in the last 40 minutes of trading. I see that shorts accounted for about 16% of the turnover on Friday. Perhaps the shorters have taken thier foot of KAR's throat now we are getting to the exciting part of the drilling. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

dragonz
25-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Good rise of 10% today most happening in the last 40 minutes of trading. I see that shorts accounted for about 16% of the turnover on Friday. Perhaps the shorters have taken thier foot of KAR's throat now we are getting to the exciting part of the drilling. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Yep, looks like the the shorters covered thier positions . Shorts only made up 1.76% of the total turnover yesterday.

sharer
23-09-2009, 04:40 PM
The past month has been boring flatness for KAR, levelling off at ~1080-ish, after the previous exciting run up to ~1180-ish, orderly retreat to 950, a couple of hesitant lurches to the present resistance zone about 1080.
What has changed, that might explain this mid-performance detumescence?

sharer
28-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Somebody knew Kontiki-1 would be worse than a damp squid - no squid at all.
Away now to have another poke at the longsuffering seabed, Poseidon-2 here we come.

Yossarian
30-09-2009, 10:47 AM
a damp "squid"?? is that what got stuck in the hole at P1 maybe?!

classic.

Onward and upward with P2.

Corporate
13-02-2011, 09:40 PM
anyone still following KAR?

whatsup
14-02-2011, 08:10 AM
anyone still following KAR?

Try H C in Aussie !

shasta
14-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Try H C in Aussie !

Corporate was asking for some intelligent comments ;)

Corporate
14-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Corporate was asking for some intelligent comments ;)

Haha, yes! I've looked through the HC banter already. I quite like the look of KAR.

Corporate
24-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm still sniffing around KAR, although it isn't really my bread and butter. I do like the look of some of these prospects and they have a lot of drill planned for the end of this year and through 2012.

I suspect they will need to raise some cash at some stage to fund anything over the $270m they currently have in the bank.

Corporate
04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Every time I get the feeling that there must be something that I'm missing, the stock eventually starts gaining. I now take it as a sign I should be buying.

I've got this feeling now with KAR.

There aren't too many billion dollar companies have had their share price decrease 70% in the last year ($11 to $3.20)

drillfix
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I've got this feeling now with KAR.

Corp, I tend to look at charts and rethink it everytime I even think about feelings.

Check out the KAR Intraday Chart from my IB account >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kgpnqmjvzjtsf11rs51l_KAR-IntraDay.png

I tend to follow strong what a 60 minute chart is doing for most stocks over 50c and this one could be testing a previous low of $3.05c

After that you look at the daily and then see the Oversold W%R and declining RSI and spiked up and down OBV.
Also negative is a MACD signal line cross over in the negative zone and MACD histogram divergence, which does not look promising.
Adding to this the DMI indicator above MACD as you can see is spreading a part.

For a trade I would say a test 13ema on the 60 minute chart would eventually be probable which would make it sweet providing the 15 and 5 minute broke above its 13ema.

Long term though, its a classic downtrend which at present could be seen in a potential double bottom which could provide opportunity, however any break of this would obviously be a continuation downwards in which case beware or yield the warnings, imo.

Of course, Just an opinion as I had KAR on another watchlist.

Corporate
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Corp, I tend to look at charts and rethink it everytime I even think about feelings.

Check out the KAR Intraday Chart from my IB account >>> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kgpnqmjvzjtsf11rs51l_KAR-IntraDay.png

I tend to follow strong what a 60 minute chart is doing for most stocks over 50c and this one could be testing a previous low of $3.05c

After that you look at the daily and then see the Oversold W%R and declining RSI and spiked up and down OBV.
Also negative is a MACD signal line cross over in the negative zone and MACD histogram divergence, which does not look promising.
Adding to this the DMI indicator above MACD as you can see is spreading a part.

For a trade I would say a test 13ema on the 60 minute chart would eventually be probable which would make it sweet providing the 15 and 5 minute broke above its 13ema.

Long term though, its a classic downtrend which at present could be seen in a potential double bottom which could provide opportunity, however any break of this would obviously be a continuation downwards in which case beware or yield the warnings, imo.

Of course, Just an opinion as I had KAR on another watchlist.

Thanks Drill. I will be buying for the medium term. And it will be very interesting to see if $3.05 holds. Lots of action coming up for KAR

drillfix
05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, good news (maybe) is that the 5 min chart is appearing to flatten and then could be rounding ready for near run up.

Think I might hitch a ride myself should cross a few candles above the 13ema :)

Corporate
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, good news (maybe) is that the 5 min chart is appearing to flatten and then could be rounding ready for near run up.

Think I might hitch a ride myself should cross a few candles above the 13ema :)

Keep me up to date if you do jump on mate. I'm looking to see if we hit 3.05 late in the day and bounce off. Eitherway a few cents each way to me means diddly squat in the scheme of things. I'm looking for this to double on drilling news in the short term and on success head towards $11.

drillfix
05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
No worries Corp, will do.

Although, what also worries me if you look at the course of sales there appears to be Robot intervention also going on, which means a game of battle bots are being played, with one BOT trading it down and another try to trade it up.

I dont mind paying a small premium to also be on the right side of the trade, but a little concerned with Global Futures and a lead from EU tomorrow as its a holiday in the US this monday for them.

drillfix
05-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Corp,

I think I am going to pass on a trade on KAR.

Sydney futures gapped down a couple hours ago, and EU futures getting worst.

$3.06 has been holding now for the last 4 or so hours, but a failure to break upward of the 13ema on the 5 or 15min for the past hour to me will have a high probability of failing with whatever global news floods in tomorrow or whenever.

Its up in the Air but I am feeling rather cautious about a few other stocks that since then have now broken down to a newer low (ie: PDN) whereby I thought that would have done a bounce off the previous $1.91 but nope, a similar chart to KAR in many ways.

drillfix
05-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Well there you have it, closing price $3.05

Maybe a good sign but time will tell, yet at least there may be a double bottom signal in place.

Will watch with interest.

Corporate
05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Well there you have it, closing price $3.05

Maybe a good sign but time will tell, yet at least there may be a double bottom signal in place.

Will watch with interest.

Tomorrow will be very interesting for sure!

Corporate
05-09-2011, 07:51 PM

What a chart....

drillfix
06-09-2011, 11:11 AM

What a chart....

Yep indeed Corp.

Sure glad intuition to stay out of this prevailed yesterday, but really the writing was on the wall though~!

Corporate
08-09-2011, 03:56 PM
In my opinion, today is the day to buy.

Drilling confirmed

Funding confirmed

Farmout in progress

Fundamentally cheap

disc...I bought 5,000 @ 3.22

drillfix
08-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I was going to post earlier Corp.

The reason I didnt was I threw in an order for 3.14 and then it ran away on me and I never chased.

So I never wanted to post about the one that got away, but who knows, will be watching anyway.

Corporate
08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I was going to post earlier Corp.

The reason I didnt was I threw in an order for 3.14 and then it ran away on me and I never chased.

So I never wanted to post about the one that got away, but who knows, will be watching anyway.

Drill we must have been buying at the same time. I put a bid in at 3.15 and missed out before chasing it to $3.22

drillfix
08-09-2011, 05:33 PM
ahh well Corp, close hey, but these things will give us more opportunities I am sure.

Regardless of the downtrend of KAR, it is an easy stock to trade as the 5, 15 and 60 minute chart easily shows you what side of the trade to be on.

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow to see if the daily price candle can punch through the 13ema which it hasn't dont for a while.

Corporate
09-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Good start today Drillfix! Hoping it is sustained through the day.

drillfix
09-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Shucks, totally missed the open due to router isssues.

Ahh well Corp, one day at a time for me.

You want a heads up when the 60 minute chart is going to turn down? (if the 2nd candle starts below the 13ema)

Corporate
09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Shucks, totally missed the open due to router isssues.

Ahh well Corp, one day at a time for me.

You want a heads up when the 60 minute chart is going to turn down? (if the 2nd candle starts below the 13ema)

Would appreciate that for my own learning Drill. I'm probably in KAR for the medium term (100% gain).

Corporate
18-09-2011, 09:50 AM
As most expected (i think) AC/P8 will be relinquished,

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110916/pdf/4214bw399378jp.pdf

I'm quite happy with this as the leads identified were less than 20mmboe. KAR can now focus on appraising Poseidon (7tcf -P50 case) with ConnocoPhillips, and the 100-400 million barrel targets offshore Brazil and Peru.

Remember that it wasn't long ago that KAR was considering an IPO of 40% of our Brazilian assets for US$700m. This is how much value management sees in these permits and implies a total valuation of $1.75 billion. If they are off by 50% then this valuation still exceeds the current KAR market cap.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=KAR&E=ASX&N=344434

I'm expecting an announcement of a very good farmout deal in the next few months

KAR is not for everyone, but IMO it has been totally oversold. Worth a look if you've got a Medium/Long term horizon.

Cheers,
C

gazprom1
19-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Sold down over 5% at the moment - due to the annual report??

Gazprom

Corporate
19-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Sold down over 5% at the moment - due to the annual report??

Gazprom

Don't think so Gaz. KAR gets played with by traders (hedge funds) on a daily basis. I suspect the downward pressure is just the general market uncertainty.

gazprom1
19-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Don't think so Gaz. KAR gets played with by traders (hedge funds) on a daily basis. I suspect the downward pressure is just the general market uncertainty.

Thanks Corporate. They have some great prospects - I am going to have a read of the report with a view to putting some funds to work.

Hope all is well with you.

gaz

drillfix
19-09-2011, 04:36 PM
The 60 minute chart is not looking that good there Corp as it is now making 52 week lows as I type.

Daily Williams %R is showing oversold but a little concerned here for this stock as there are BOTs selling the stock down or completely adding to the downward pressure.

over 1900 trades on KAR and 80% would be BOTs.

I am not trading this as its a bit of a roller coaster on the 60 minute.

Good luck for holding, and good to see ya posting again there Gaz :)

Corporate
19-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks Corporate. They have some great prospects - I am going to have a read of the report with a view to putting some funds to work.

Hope all is well with you.

gaz

Very well thank you Gaz. How about you?

There is a lot of noise with KAR that you need to filter. I've read the KAR May Review over and over again and can't remain on the sidelines with such an exciting and high impact campaign about to kick off. Plus news on Brazil farm in partner should happen in the next few months.

Remember this is appraisal drilling at Poseidon and KAR have plenty of cash.

Corporate
19-09-2011, 04:48 PM
The 60 minute chart is not looking that good there Corp as it is now making 52 week lows as I type.

Daily Williams %R is showing oversold but a little concerned here for this stock as there are BOTs selling the stock down or completely adding to the downward pressure.

over 1900 trades on KAR and 80% would be BOTs.

I am not trading this as its a bit of a roller coaster on the 60 minute.

Good luck for holding, and good to see ya posting again there Gaz :)

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated. Although, it seems we have very different investing horizons. The 60 minute chart doesn't tell me the scale of the farm in agreement that may be on the table for our Brazilian assets or have any impact on the massive amount of gas sitting offshore Australia at the Poseidon discovery.

This has been pushed down and I imagine a lot of margin calls have been made. At some point the tide will change and with all the news on the horizon I can't see it being that far away.

drillfix
19-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Corp, I understand mate.

And good on ya for not taking what I say too literally as I do not speak from any fundamental perspective, only technical.

Wonder though, if there has been somebody exiting for quite some time on this one as the BOT selling is non-stop relentless.

Once those fundamentals pump through then I sure will consider a long on the stock.

Financially dependant
19-09-2011, 05:29 PM
This has been pushed down and I imagine a lot of margin calls have been made. At some point the tide will change and with all the news on the horizon I can't see it being that far away.

It's on my watch list and I am waiting for that tide to turn.....

drillfix
20-09-2011, 01:48 PM
It's on my watch list and I am waiting for that tide to turn.....

Yeah will be good when if and when it does.

I just missed out on a bounce scalp today after it hit the low and sat at 2.80 it moved quickly and I got a bid in at 2.82 and then it ran away on me for my scalp.

This has happened a few times to me whereby the spread is large and will recoup and then sweep back upward which I missed, yet again~!

Ahh well, many more attempts will be made.

I reckon at about 2.50 it will be the kill zone for folks jumping in as the balance of buy/seller switches over, although having said that I also think we could even be quite close here now looking at support volumes, yet the BOTs are still out and about.

Add/edit
Actually, I think its real close, as the numbers are jumping in and many larger orders are beginning to appear.
Will look for a volume spike of about 4 Million whilst watching order sizes, BOT reduction activity.

Financially dependant
21-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah will be good when if and when it does.

I just missed out on a bounce scalp today after it hit the low and sat at 2.80 it moved quickly and I got a bid in at 2.82 and then it ran away on me for my scalp.

This has happened a few times to me whereby the spread is large and will recoup and then sweep back upward which I missed, yet again~!

Ahh well, many more attempts will be made.

I reckon at about 2.50 it will be the kill zone for folks jumping in as the balance of buy/seller switches over, although having said that I also think we could even be quite close here now looking at support volumes, yet the BOTs are still out and about.

Add/edit
Actually, I think its real close, as the numbers are jumping in and many larger orders are beginning to appear.
Will look for a volume spike of about 4 Million whilst watching order sizes, BOT reduction activity.

Yes my chart show a bit of buying at these levels....it could be an accumulation level, a lot of buying on bad news would make the picture much clearer....still waiting...let the bots work there magic and show us the way...

Corporate
21-09-2011, 03:57 PM
KAR is so volatile, and currently up 18c. This is why when it becomes a bargain based on fundaments, IMO the charts need to take a back seat. Each tho there own though.

drillfix
21-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Corp LOL,

Take a back seat? For day traders we rely up on charts, we cannot not look and guess. ROFL.

Fundamentally I agree with your synopsis but trading intraday without them could result in suicide :P

Corporate
21-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Corp LOL,

Take a back seat? For day traders we rely up on charts, we cannot not look and guess. ROFL.

Fundamentally I agree with your synopsis but trading intraday without them could result in suicide :P

Haha totally agree DF. My post was from my referenece point of not being a day trader :)

drillfix
21-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Haha totally agree DF. My post was from my referenece point of not being a day trader :)

Thank god for that Corp otherwise, I would be Hari Kari over my laptop without a chart :P

Corporate
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Maybe we finally have a bottom in?

Corporate
06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Back up to my buy price now!

J_Gold
06-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Massive move today.
Perhaps the train is leaving the station?

Back up to my buy price now!

drillfix
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes nice move today for KAR, pitty I missed the train.

Although, as a trader I would be considering taking my money off the table to buy in again lower, IMO.

J_Gold
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Its a beautiful thing how ST traders look at one side of the coin while LT investors look at the other.

My respect goes out to everyone in the markets. But my response to that statement is what happens if it doesn't go lower? In that case the train may be so far past the station that you need to pay for a large taxi fare to merely catch up with it... Always two sides to the coin.

But yes. This stock does enjoy its fair share of movements.

Yes nice move today for KAR, pitty I missed the train.

Although, as a trader I would be considering taking my money off the table to buy in again lower, IMO.

Corporate
06-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Additionally in the end, fundamental prevail (if you get your timing right).

drillfix
06-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Its a beautiful thing how ST traders look at one side of the coin while LT investors look at the other.

J_Gold,

To me,
There is no real right or wrong about what choice an investor/trader does being Holds, or Not Holds.

Providing they know the risk or exposure they choose and are comfortable with that. Meaning, some other investors out there may have a million bucks to invest or spread across a multiple of stocks, so having a % of that laid out on KAR is no problem and for the longer term be completely fine.

Whilst on another hand, the smaller investor / trader with say 30K to invest has to be careful of taking hits from swings in either direction, so whilst in these markets we may get some relief, at times the unexpected comes out and can also wash us out quite quickly as well should the smaller guy not be careful.

Overall, what a great day for KAR though. I enjoy watching the moves and study the stock as this usually is a great way to know a stock so when and if going to trade, it then becomes more possible to take several trades during a day or a couple of trades that are predictable to a point of that we can see the moves from having watched it daily at times over numerous amount of days/weeks or months.

Anyhoo, good on folks that are long and not gripe from me as I take nothing personally with regards to holding stocks.

Cheers~!

Corporate
06-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Keep it up DF. I appreciate the point of view you offer!

Go KAR, lots of news on the horizon.

J_Gold
06-10-2011, 06:03 PM
You are 100% correct, there is no right and no wrong.
Let us all get rich I say!
Lets go for another big move tomorrow, upwards of course.

J_Gold,

To me,
There is no real right or wrong about what choice an investor/trader does being Holds, or Not Holds.

Providing they know the risk or exposure they choose and are comfortable with that. Meaning, some other investors out there may have a million bucks to invest or spread across a multiple of stocks, so having a % of that laid out on KAR is no problem and for the longer term be completely fine.

Whilst on another hand, the smaller investor / trader with say 30K to invest has to be careful of taking hits from swings in either direction, so whilst in these markets we may get some relief, at times the unexpected comes out and can also wash us out quite quickly as well should the smaller guy not be careful.

Overall, what a great day for KAR though. I enjoy watching the moves and study the stock as this usually is a great way to know a stock so when and if going to trade, it then becomes more possible to take several trades during a day or a couple of trades that are predictable to a point of that we can see the moves from having watched it daily at times over numerous amount of days/weeks or months.

Anyhoo, good on folks that are long and not gripe from me as I take nothing personally with regards to holding stocks.

Cheers~!

Corporate
07-10-2011, 11:17 AM
KAR, aka rocketship! Can't wait until they announce spudding and then a brazilian farmout

drillfix
07-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Ahhh stop teasing Corporate ..lol :p

J_Gold
07-10-2011, 12:11 PM
For the record my horizon is long-term. But I am still loving these past couple of days watching this stock.

For those emotional investors out there remember the two biggest mistakes. Holding on to losers for too long and selling winners to early.

Go KAR. Just hit 350

J_Gold
07-10-2011, 01:52 PM
And 370.
Drillfix... 15% return today, still wanna take that money off the table (Just a bit of banter, meant in good humour)

Also drillfix (or anyone else) any of you guys into lithium mining stocks?

Corporate
07-10-2011, 01:52 PM
WOW, I nearly choked on my water. KAR now at 3.72, up 50c (15%) today alone.

Glad not to have sold on that 60min chart, DF ;) keep up the good work mate

J_Gold
07-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I originally wanted to say (and this was when it was 377) "I reckon once it breaks 380 its gonna be easy climbing up to 400.
It moved up 9cents by the time my browser opened this page and I got this written.

Add/Edit

I jynxed it, sorry guys, only a 16% return now.

drillfix
07-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi fella's,

Glad you lads are enjoying the upside today :)

It appears that there is a Gap at $4.00 to $4.25 that may, or may not get filled.

Thing is, the spread on these runs are huge, which also can work the other way too, because as you know nothing goes upward forever.

Saying that, there is also a lower gap at $3.35 down to $3.22

I would say price may close next or close to the $3.65 as shown on a chart that I can post later if you wish to see it.

Missed again but ahh well, glad somebody else is catching a piece of it, as we cant be on all the stocks at all the time. so just hoping some of my other trades get a move on...LOL :p

drillfix
07-10-2011, 03:02 PM
And 370.
Drillfix... 15% return today, still wanna take that money off the table (Just a bit of banter, meant in good humour)

Also drillfix (or anyone else) any of you guys into lithium mining stocks?

Hey J Gold,

Lithium, why yeah, sometimes :)

Actually, currently in on a trade of GXY which I believe is also Lithium.

Have also been in and out of ECM a few times previously but just let it rest as there is not much liquidity with ECM as you probably know.

Whats your Fav Lith stock J Gold?

J_Gold
07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Bit of a bummer it didn't break into the 400 mark today as that could have been interesting but oh well, very early days eh.

Drillfix, I am also a Galaxy man and have been for a few weeks now. Looking forward to it turning over some profits.
Have you come across any chat on the company on this site?

Add/Edit
Also wouldn't mind having a peek at that chart if its no prob

drillfix
07-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I would say price may close next or close to the $3.65 as shown on a chart that I can post later if you wish to see it.

Not bad for just after midday, picking a close just 1c out from the close of the day hey folks :)

Still, a great day for Karoon and most enjoyable to watch as the mix BOTs and trades slug it out with the bulls winning the day hands down.

Corporate
08-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Sometimes I do strange things. I thought this was getting overheated for one day and sold my entire stake at 3.74c yesterday. This takes nothing away from my expectations for KAR and I will be looking for a pull back to $3.50ish on Monday to refill. I may have got this wrong but we will see.

J_Gold
08-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Corp... just as I began to think we were becoming friends haha nah good on ya mate for making a move and taking the profit.

As for me I'm still sticking with it, sticking to the game plan. To remind myself why I am here I sometimes go back to page 1 and 2 of this thread and read the comments from Yossarian as he watched the stock fly.

Hope you do get back aboard. But I am interested in whats plan B? You have given us the downside that you will jump back in at 3.50 but where do you draw the line to jump back in if it starts trading up? If it hits $4 do you jump back in and forget about the 26c missed opportunity? Do you start bringing emotions to the table and get even more determined to wait for it to go down to try and recoup the missed 26c? BTW I am not trying to imply that you have any emotional investing going on, you obviously know your stuff, so you prob ain't the right guy to ask this to as I'm sure you have a plan for both ways.

drillfix
08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Sometimes I do strange things. I thought this was getting overheated for one day and sold my entire stake at 3.74c yesterday. This takes nothing away from my expectations for KAR and I will be looking for a pull back to $3.50ish on Monday to refill. I may have got this wrong but we will see.

Ahh Haaaa~!

That is not a strange thing to do at all, as that is a logical thing. So I knew it Corp. LOL

I knew there was a swing trader mindset inside ya there just waiting to come out. :)

You can tell by the moves on certain days, cant ya? and that move with KAR over the past few days starts speaking for itself so good on ya Corp for seeing that.

Had it been a gradual move up, upon another gradual move up, upon another gradual move up, with a slight move down and then back up, it would be a different kettle of fish as you dont want to lose your position on those sort of movements.

Either way, well done.

Lets not forget that overall still, KAR is still in a downtrend with the current EMA alignment. In markets like these, holding on like we have hit the bottom is not realistic (IMO) because the chart, Global Markets (The Financial Tide so to speak) reminds us of which way things are moving.

J_Gold
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
You didn't get it too wrong at this stage corp. However, if it hits the three digit number beginning with a 4 by the end of the week without dropping to 350 then I'm gonna judge that as wrong :p

Did you managed to get refiled?

Corporate
10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
J, I've got it very wrong by the look of it. But that happens :t_down: chalk it down as a learning experience. The only conciliation is a chuck of my KAR funds went into NGE

Corporate
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
looks like $4 is on the cards now!

J_Gold
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
looks like $4 is on the cards now!

Corp I won't judge. But I am interested in what happens to your strategy from here. Do you jump back on the train?

Good to see that $4 getting touched already, and so early on in the week. Very interested in seeing Friday's closing price. Almost wish I could skip the next 3 or 4 days lol

Corporate
11-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Corp I won't judge. But I am interested in what happens to your strategy from here. Do you jump back on the train?

Good to see that $4 getting touched already, and so early on in the week. Very interested in seeing Friday's closing price. Almost wish I could skip the next 3 or 4 days lol

J I don't mind at all. I find it very beneficial posting my entries and exits as it holds me accountable and reinforces the learnings. With the large DOW gain last night KAR will move into the $4 range no trouble at all.

My funds have moved on to CFE and NGE. I'm still watching KAR but I don't like to jump in once the chart has gone vertical. My strategy is to buy as close to when sentiment is at its lowest. Markets always swing to for each way (both down and up).

J_Gold
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey at least you are moving from one winner to another winner(s). There are plenty of worse scenarios that I can think of...

Corporate
11-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah NGE is going alright :-) didn't expect to see KAR sell off like it has. My 3.74 isn't looking so bad.

J_Gold
11-10-2011, 04:53 PM
haha don't try that old one corp. 3.74 is bloody terrible compared to the 4.25 high today.

Might go bargain hunting tomorrow or later in the week depending on how things play out ;)

Still holding cvr?

Corporate
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Haha, trying to see the positives ;)

Bargin hunting, what's on the cards?

I never have held CVR.

Corporate
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM

DF, I have just pulled up the 1 year KAR chart. It looks to me like KAR hasn't been able to breakout of the medium term down tread. My thoughts are that this may offer one last chance to accumulate stock in the low/mid $3 range before KAR looks to test the medium term downtrend again. I'm not a chart expect and would appreciate your view if you are happy to share.

drillfix
11-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi Corp,

Yes, that chart you show (line chart) is a clear example of what you say, no breakage of the oblique resistance, so the motion to the downside still remains.

Ok, a chart with daily and weekly for Karoon Gas.

KAR daily & weekly > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/ku7h4j0sc97ep4d0zsl1_KAR.png

With regards to last chance to accumlate, I am not sure such thing exists in a longer term down trending stock chart, although by all means, buy the dips and enjoy the rallies that we have just saw over the past week and days.

My view with Kar is that, looking a the chart I posted above, from the top we can see a move from both OBV and RSI starting to turn downwards. RSI still remains strong though, and I would watch out for that breaking below the 50 or worst still 40 mark on the RSI section.

Price is now showing some Dark Cloud Cover which shows a sign of profit taking and a distribution cylcle near come to an end whereby price should fall to to the first support at $3.65 and failing that to the lower EMA's at approx $3.20

Also, the declining Channel shown both on the daily and weekly shows a rejection of price on the weekly and a near breakage on the daily, yet a return to far below the top of the declining channel which is negative.

Below is showing confirmation of a down move is the Williams %R on both the Daily and the Weekly charts. Another thing to watch is the divergence in histogram on the MACD which will happen with any down turn so the force of these indicators will certainly see some pressure to the downside (technically).

Should there be no bounce off those previous mentioned EMA's then by all means this will offer another test of the lower support which is marked both on the daily and weekly charts at $2.55 approx.

Global markets will also show what kind of pressure the stock will face, as will all other stocks, or most of them.

Last, such a large spread for such a stock on a day like today towards the downside cannot be seen as positive as there would have been many trapped bulls up there in $4.00 land, which then the turn saw many trying to exit out after becoming aware that they were on the wrong side of the trade.

Well Corp, as requested, that's my view or take on the current situation technically with KAR.

Trade well and finger on the pulse :)

J_Gold
12-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Interesting view drillfix, appreciate it.

That prob makes sense from a short-term prospective, as for me I'm willing to take the other side of this bet.

And corp... as you know nothing is really valued on fundamentals atm, so basically anything is a bargain. However, I am going to hold off one more week, get a better feel for what is happening, and then delve in depending on the situation, will let you know.
When (or should I say if) Europe sorts their Sh*t out then that's when things will get back on track, shouldn't be too long until we find out the real crux of this situation. And if they don't... well then that's a different story as everyone has their different theories of the outcome.

Going to be very interesting either way as its not gonna stay like this.

Financially dependant
12-10-2011, 07:36 PM
KAR just broke above down trend...

Financially dependant
24-10-2011, 11:36 AM
KAR retested support and supply steadily dried up so jumped on board today to see how far it will go....

Crypto Crude
24-10-2011, 03:22 PM
drill fix,
you are awesome...
a machine gun...
.^sc

drillfix
24-10-2011, 04:31 PM
drill fix,
you are awesome...
a machine gun...
.^sc

Hi SC, how are things going :)

Awesome machine gun, huh? LOL not sure what you mean there Shrewdy :P

Financially dependant
29-10-2011, 10:10 AM
A bit of selling pressure came in on Friday, but still holding.....

I will be looking to see how it goes early next week possible a move back to the new up trend line

Financially dependant
06-11-2011, 08:12 AM
I have been riding the trend line up but it looks like there is resistance above, I will wait to see if the SP can break through the 4.70 level and carry on up the trend line or if it fails I will be getting out (two possible sell indicators, testing resistance and breaking trend).

The captions didn't come out to well, top horizontal line is high volume resistance or supply.

macduffy
06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Positive KAR article from FN Arena.

http://www.fnarena.com/index2.cfm?type=dsp_newsitem&n=616C515B-DAEC-EFF4-7365BB08782A9EDC

Financially dependant
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Positive KAR article from FN Arena.

http://www.fnarena.com/index2.cfm?type=dsp_newsitem&n=616C515B-DAEC-EFF4-7365BB08782A9EDC

Thanks macduffy, it makes good reading...FA & TA are aligning.....I guess that's why I got in in the first place.

Financially dependant
08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I have been riding the trend line up but it looks like there is resistance above, I will wait to see if the SP can break through the 4.70 level and carry on up the trend line or if it fails I will be getting out (two possible sell indicators, testing resistance and breaking trend).

Well KAR displayed a bullish sign today and gapped over resistance ($4.70) on open and had another good day of gains so continue to hold.

Financially dependant
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
KAR retreated back down to support at $4.70ish and held so will see how tomorrow performs...If support holds it's a bullish move and good place for another entry or if it fails I will be out...

Financially dependant
13-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Still going great guns...Oil getting near $100 a barrel again...

should breakthrough the psychological $5 mark on Monday if Europe can hang together for a few days that is...

Financially dependant
21-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Sold out of KAR today, decided to take the profit....will wait a few days to see if another entry sets up!

break in uptrend

airedale
22-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Good move, FD, the SP has been increasing on diminishing volume since Oct 12th. Plus a break in the trendline. All the right reasons for leaving. A re-entry is a new ball game.

drillfix
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Seems to be out now to retest the $5.40 level.

May dip my toes in prior to the high, but things are looking good on the daily and 60 min chart right now folks.

Should have bough the $5.00 breakout in the last 3 hours, but ahh well, will watch the EOD and futures first.

Financially dependant
05-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Seems to be out now to retest the $5.40 level.

May dip my toes in prior to the high, but things are looking good on the daily and 60 min chart right now folks.

Should have bough the $5.00 breakout in the last 3 hours, but ahh well, will watch the EOD and futures first.

Nice finish DF, I would like it to retest $5.00 and a bounce off would make a good entry for me...;)

drillfix
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice finish DF, I would like it to retest $5.00 and a bounce off would make a good entry for me...;)

I would like that too there FD, nice thought for everybody to think about really ...lol

Of course, pending that global markets and futures all look promising as well :)

Financially dependant
05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I would like that too there FD, nice thought for everybody to think about really ...lol

Of course, pending that global markets and futures all look promising as well :)

Yes indeed, futures looking green ATM so fingers crossed for a Santa rally..

drillfix
06-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi again FD,

As I was in chart mode this afternoon, have been also monitoring LNC, LYC and KAR all in my mid cap section towards the rises and gains from previous days or weeks etc.

It seems that KAR also has been dragged out by the Tide like many other stocks it seems.

The intraday chart below shows the range on the 60 minute which to me holds key to the short term directions or moves that KAR price trading makes, I love the 60 min chart as it seems to be a very Honest and accurate chart (in conjunction with other charts and futures), although sometimes it will test you to the point of questioning yourself on your entries, but more often than not, provides the answer or result to many of the Yes or No questions we ask ourselves.

Anyway, on with the chart and less of the babble.

KAR intraday & daily >> http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/ck5sohdpmypfs8mnm5v7_KARintraday.png

Now some more thought and babble for many of the other readers and visitors to our wonderful Share Trader community~!

Should global markets still weaken then KAR price will test the 60 ema ($4.92) on the left lower 60 min chart or the lower orange 150 ema also shown on the 60 min. Any breakdown of that may show a test of support or (not drawn) support of $4.75 where there was a gap to be filled, and failing that, then $4.58 which could also be a reality should the daily MACD histogram and signal lines continue to decline and attempt to complete some type of cycle.

Now, on the other hand the above is an extreme short term potential move only, "However", the daily chart also shows the daily MACD histogram divergence towards a positive move. There upper indicators show the W%R making a move downward and the DMI also directing towards each other and a glimmer of the RSI and OBV slightly turning which could show favour towards the 60 minute chart in need of completing its cycle, and also until news from Global Markets or the Tide running in favour for All Stocks again.

Sounds like alot of Jargon here but its is good practice (at least for me) to read the charts and be honest with myself all times prior to entry and exits as its not just the technicals at work here, it is the finesse and balance of all three things needed to keep the finger on the pulse.

Which being:

1. The Fundamentals and company announcements.
2. The Technicals of the 60 min, Daily and Weekly charts (depending on how each of us trade or invest)
3. The Tide wave effect of Local & Global Markets

In other seminars I have done, point # for the traders handbook would rule the roost on this so there is no particular order set for any individual or investor/trader, but good for a compete awareness.

Well as I said before, enough of the Babble and time for moi to have myself a siesta.

Cheers all~! :)

Financially dependant
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi again FD,

As I was in chart mode this afternoon, have been also monitoring LNC, LYC and KAR all in my mid cap section towards the rises and gains from previous days or weeks etc.

It seems that KAR also has been dragged out by the Tide like many other stocks it seems.

The intraday chart below shows the range on the 60 minute which to me holds key to the short term directions or moves that KAR price trading makes, I love the 60 min chart as it seems to be a very Honest and accurate chart (in conjunction with other charts and futures), although sometimes it will test you to the point of questioning yourself on your entries, but more often than not, provides the answer or result to many of the Yes or No questions we ask ourselves.

Thanks for the update DF, both KAR and LYC (haven't checked LNC) are at support levels (one lower for LYC then I hoped) so I expect the overseas news flow to have an impact of there next moves... I might just have to pay up for real time on Pro Real time charts and get the 60 min data too (great entry/exit info) but I might not ever leave the screen then...

KAR could bounce off $5.00 which would make a safe(ish) trade..

drillfix
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
FD, for the market Realtime Data I use, it is not ProRealtime, it is from Interactive Brokers (IB)

A Last year I used to subscribe to Realtime Australian stocks data but they then stopped that offered product due to difficulty or basically discontinued it from their services so users could not select it at all.

I used to love to use ProRealtime Data for trading ASX as it was elegant and easily configurable and was a delight. But then funny stuff started to happen as in candles were not showing up, data was becoming mismatched, I then sent them many emails regarding the issues and they never fixed it, this also added into closing subscriptions to ASX data.

I paid for 6 months at a pop up front and for 3 of those months I had issues which got worst and worst as it started to become apparent and the mongrels never cared to offer any rebate or compensation due to inability to provide so I vowed to never use their realtime data again but they are great to have even as an EOD data and charting platform as you already know and I would also recommend them to any users whom want to take up or learn charting, scans and a huge variations of indicators usage.

Good luck with any entries on all those stocks you mentioned and I too will keep my finger on the pulse here~!

Financially dependant
07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
FD, for the market Realtime Data I use, it is not ProRealtime, it is from Interactive Brokers (IB)

A Last year I used to subscribe to Realtime Australian stocks data but they then stopped that offered product due to difficulty or basically discontinued it from their services so users could not select it at all.

I used to love to use ProRealtime Data for trading ASX as it was elegant and easily configurable and was a delight. But then funny stuff started to happen as in candles were not showing up, data was becoming mismatched, I then sent them many emails regarding the issues and they never fixed it, this also added into closing subscriptions to ASX data.

I paid for 6 months at a pop up front and for 3 of those months I had issues which got worst and worst as it started to become apparent and the mongrels never cared to offer any rebate or compensation due to inability to provide so I vowed to never use their realtime data again but they are great to have even as an EOD data and charting platform as you already know and I would also recommend them to any users whom want to take up or learn charting, scans and a huge variations of indicators usage.

Good luck with any entries on all those stocks you mentioned and I too will keep my finger on the pulse here~!

Thanks DF, great information I will have to reconsider RT data with ProRealtime....saving money is easier then earning it!!

Nice bounce off $5.00 I hope you got on board??

drillfix
07-12-2011, 12:46 PM
The gap up caught me out (again) on this occasion so I missed entry although, this something I am still getting used to with KAR, as in I am still getting to know the personality of a stock just by watching it.

Another thing is, sometimes I feel I watch too many stocks rather than focusing on say only 5 or 6 that I know extremely well or are getting to know extremely well. Other traders may have a dozen, or 20 stocks only, some may have 50 yet it all depends on the trader, their expectations and performance so one of these days I will fine tune my trading and methods bit by bit to hopefully make me a better trader~!

Hoe you caught the entry :)

Financially dependant
07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
The gap up caught me out (again) on this occasion so I missed entry although, this something I am still getting used to with KAR, as in I am still getting to know the personality of a stock just by watching it.

Another thing is, sometimes I feel I watch too many stocks rather than focusing on say only 5 or 6 that I know extremely well or are getting to know extremely well. Other traders may have a dozen, or 20 stocks only, some may have 50 yet it all depends on the trader, their expectations and performance so one of these days I will fine tune my trading and methods bit by bit to hopefully make me a better trader~!

Hoe you caught the entry :)

No all my trading pennies are on LYC atm but saw an opportunity at $5.09 that I would have jumped on, call that my paper trade entry!

Financially dependant
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I got back in near close ($5.05) as the SP retreated back down towards $5.00 support...hoping for a good night on Wall st. to follow through tomorrow...Stop loss at just below support.

drillfix
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I got back in near close ($5.05) as the SP retreated back down towards $5.00 support...hoping for a good night on Wall st. to follow through tomorrow...Stop loss at just below support.

Well played FD. Had a busy distracting day myself though watching a few movers and fallers on the go.

Good luck with tomorrow.

drillfix
13-12-2011, 12:49 PM
FD, no doubt you got stopped out? as the Dow returns back to dance to tune of the Euro Panic Shuffle.

Its amazing how the down just cares and then doesn't care, off and on like a water tap both hot and cold.

Financially dependant
13-12-2011, 02:52 PM
FD, no doubt you got stopped out? as the Dow returns back to dance to tune of the Euro Panic Shuffle.

Its amazing how the down just cares and then doesn't care, off and on like a water tap both hot and cold.

Yes stopped out, the SP is below another level of resistance now so wait and see again...The market is a hard task master DF...:mellow:

drillfix
13-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes stopped out, the SP is below another level of resistance now so wait and see again...The market is a hard task master DF...:mellow:

Your not wrong about that FD,

Even thinking about doing a bounce trade atm can be a worry that no bounce comes after entry.

Also seeing quite a few stocks fall into new lower trading ranges so re-calibrating some charts accordingly.