PDA

View Full Version : SKT Sky Network Television Limited.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

sb9
04-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Was going to reply to your PM about this.

I don't think it will have much effect on the share price. Makes the case for a takeover more likely.

Same thinking here, SKT in or out of Index doesn't really matter under current market dynamics at play

Quantitative Easing
04-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Imagine if SKT was removed and cannasouth was added into NZX50. What a joke that would be.

winner69
04-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Imagine if SKT was removed and cannasouth was added into NZX50. What a joke that would be.

....almost as bad as reality, ie PEB replacing SKT

Balance
04-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Same thinking here, SKT in or out of Index doesn't really matter under current market dynamics at play

If SKT is exited, the institutions are going to have to sell.

Be heck of a lot cheaper to buy then if you are not already invested.

DYOR.

sb9
04-09-2020, 03:18 PM

DYOR.

Sure, fair call.

Ogg
04-09-2020, 03:24 PM

DYOR.

Stock has been in the dumps for a while. Most funds would be underweight in this already. The $159m placement would have wiped most of them out. Any overhang would likely be absorbed. Just look at the price action today, most other companies in the red, Sky trading in the green. With such a small market cap it wouldn't take much to move it either way. If it does get dropped from the NZX50, which I hope it does, it would very much be a catalyst for a takeover. The company doing the takeover would make sure to highlight that in any proposal.

Anyway, it's likely the re-balance is delayed because of Covid. Lots of companies are reporting late this earning season.

Balance
04-09-2020, 03:24 PM
....almost as bad as reality, ie PEB replacing SKT

Don’t think so - PEB has to maintain its market cap and ranking in the NX50 stocks for an extended period (3 months to 6 months). PEB thinks they will be included in Dec review.

Serko looks like it is going in - sp is charging ahead

sb9
04-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Don’t think so - PEB has to maintain its market cap and ranking in the NX50 stocks for an extended period (3 months to 6 months). PEB thinks they will be included in Dec review.

Serko looks like it is going in - sp is charging ahead

Very pertinent point re SKO, sorry to cross promote...

Quantitative Easing
04-09-2020, 04:01 PM

DYOR.

I think Sky dropping out of the nzx50 will be off-set by the positive news of Blair Woodbury stepping down as CFO...Now we just need an announcement for the departure of Derek Handley...

Balance
04-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Very pertinent point re SKO, sorry to cross promote...

SKO is ranked 6 ahead of SKT in the NZX as of today.

Ogg
04-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Who else is getting spammed with ads for Disney's new film Mulan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8FHdFluOQ

$50 to watch this as you need premier and Disney+ subscription!
Disney+ is cheap bro!...
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/45/e6/6a45e6991b87d17e413deba7ca283d48.jpg

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 05:16 PM
I think Sky dropping out of the nzx50 will be off-set by the positive news of Blair Woodbury stepping down as CFO...

Possibly some merit to this comment.

To me it does look very odd to go from the role of CFO to a consultant ("strategic" or not). Especially after being in the CFO role for a relatively short period of time.

I am sure Blair is capable enough, but he certainly never 'wowed' me on the occassions I met him.

The first being where I met him at Head Office and ended up educating him with the lovely diagram that winner69 thinks is awesome. I also went to great lengths in that meeting (and subsequent emails) to explain to him that I am a long-term investor, not a stock trader or speculator etc.

Fast forward to the last AGM. I catch up with Blair again (he was kind enough to introduce me to Martin - MS and I had a good chat, he then included the new Chairman in the conversation. Overall a positive experience for me).

Anyway, before I got to chatting with MS...Blair starts talking to me about the recent SP movement. Recall that when it was announced that Spark won the domestic cricket the SP fell from $1.10 to 85c. Later, when it was confirmed that Sky retained the rugby the SP bounced back to $1.10 (it would ultimately fall again...and keep falling...).
So during the chat I confirmed that I snapped up a fair few shares at 85c. He gives me this big beaming smile and starts going on about what a "nice little gain you got there" when it bounced back to $1.10 (it was still ~$1.10 at the time of the AGM).

I just looked at him somewhat horrified. First of all...as I had told Blair on many occassions - I don't give a tinkers toss about short-term SP movements. Like, I literally don't care.
Second, even with the "nice little gain" at that time of the recent shares I bought, I was still down overall. So it was a dumb f&ck thing to say.

So yeah, as I say - he is bright enough I suppose - but def not amazing.

Entrep
04-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Christ you are really gonna rip into a guy for saying nice gains? I'm assuming it was an off the cuff comment, and either way who cares. Wow.

Ogg
04-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Sky up 0.7% today

Check out dem gains!

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 05:31 PM
Sky up 0.7% today

Check out dem gains!

LOLLLLLL, yes I feel absolutely amazing today.

Balance
04-09-2020, 05:32 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NZXO/359285/330139.pdf

SKO in, NZR out

PEB miss out, SKT still in 😊

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Christ you are really gonna rip into a guy for saying nice gains? I'm assuming it was an off the cuff comment, and either way who cares. Wow.

Nooooo... and I encourage you to re-read my post to refresh your memory on the context.

The point I was making is that, despite me explaining to Blair on a number of occassions that I am long term and don't care about SP...at the AGM his default was to talk to me like I am a speculator/trader. It was disappointing and also reveals how he thinks about stocks...

That is, he puts a lot of weight on short term price movements ("nice little gains").

Personally, I don't think that makes for a wonderful CFO. An 'OK' CFO, sure...but not a great one.

Just my opinion.

Ogg
04-09-2020, 05:36 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NZXO/359285/330139.pdf

SKO in, NZR out

PEB miss out, SKT still in 

They know Sky is gonna double next week.

flyinglizard
04-09-2020, 05:41 PM
So if SKT doubles OR triples its SP, then SKT will stay in?

If all funds already dumped some weights, SKT stays in this year, they have to buy back?

WHERE ARE SHARESIES MEMBERS???

LET'S DO THIS!

Ogg
04-09-2020, 05:45 PM
Nooooo... and I encourage you to re-read my post to refresh your memory on the context.

The point I was making is that, despite me explaining to Blair on a number of occassions that I am long term and don't care about SP...at the AGM his default was to talk to me like I am a speculator/trader. It was disappointing and also reveals how he thinks about stocks...

That is, he puts a lot of weight on short term price movements ("nice little gains").

Personally, I don't think that makes for a wonderful CFO. An 'OK' CFO, sure...but not a great one.

Just my opinion.

I think he was just being friendly.

You're a retail investor. You're scum to management.

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 05:52 PM

No doubt, and he is a friendly chap. A nice guy. I don't at all mean for this to come across as a personal "I hate Blair" attack. I really don't, I am just sharing some experiences with fellow posters - having had a number of exchanges with Blair, the way he seemed to view the stock market never really did sit well with me.

Just my personal view, perhaps I am over-thinking it.

Ain't that the truth!

Xenith
04-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Crack up.....

RTM
04-09-2020, 06:26 PM

Retail investor...wonder where they rate compared customers ?
Yep...I’m on board now....will be an interesting week.
Thoroughly enjoying the $25 streaming sports channels.

Quantitative Easing
04-09-2020, 06:30 PM
No doubt, and he is a friendly chap. A nice guy. I don't at all mean for this to come across as a personal "I hate Blair" attack. I really don't, I am just sharing some experiences with fellow posters - having had a number of exchanges with Blair, the way he seemed to view the stock market never really did sit well with me.

Just my personal view, perhaps I am over-thinking it.

Ain't that the truth!

You're a really good lad MistaTea. I know you don't have any ill intentions towards Blair. I think based on your observations it looks like that Blair isn't really buying into the Sky business. I think Martin believes in the business though and John F was a strong backer of the business. Sky was John's baby after all. I would be very surprised if the share price doesn't go up after the results announcement next week. The day of judgement is not too far away. I think by next Friday we will be in paradise MrT, god-willing.

JSwan
04-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Why are institutions doing mass selling before a results announcement, are they expecting it to be very bad news?

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 06:36 PM
You're a really good lad MistaTea. I know you don't have any ill intentions towards Blair. I think based on your observations it looks like that Blair isn't really buying into the Sky business. I think Martin believes in the business though and John F was a strong backer of the business. Sky was John's baby after all. I would be very surprised if the share price doesn't go up after the results announcement next week. The day of judgement is not too far away. I think by next Friday we will be in paradise MrT, god-willing.

Martin is def a big believer.

The man has this intense energy about him. Whether he is ultimately successful with SKY NZ is yet to be seen...but imo we are very lucky to have a man of his calibre and passion leading the company now.

I am also still a big fan of John F - but given he (wisely) decided to hand over the reigns, I am very happy that he found Martin.

Quantitative Easing
04-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Martin is def a big believer.

The man has this intense energy about him. Whether he is ultimately successful with SKY NZ is yet to be seen...but imo we are very lucky to have a man of his caliber and passion leading the company now.

I am also still a big fan of John F - but given he (wisely) decided to hand over the reigns, I am very happy that he found Martin.

And we are lucky to have a man of your calibre in the Sky sharetrader thread Mr T.

mistaTea
04-09-2020, 07:08 PM
And we are lucky to have a man of your calibre in the Sky sharetrader thread Mr T.

As Roland Deschain of Stephen King’s “Dark Tower” series would say - thankee sai.

nztx
04-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Sky up 0.7% today

Check out dem gains!

For a moment was wondering if you were mixed up with the other Sky .. ;)

a spot of a certain gamble could apply to either ..

Akane
07-09-2020, 08:32 AM
So if SKT doubles OR triples its SP, then SKT will stay in?

If all funds already dumped some weights, SKT stays in this year, they have to buy back?

WHERE ARE SHARESIES MEMBERS???

LET'S DO THIS!

I suggest you take a look at the NZX/Sharesies FB group chats. There's a couple of lads by the name of Peter, Isaiah etc who can turn a positive SKT thread into a doom and gloom thread in 2 sec flat. I wouldn't count on the sharesies gang on this one buddy.

winner69
07-09-2020, 08:49 AM
I suggest you take a look at the NZX/Sharesies FB group chats. There's a couple of lads by the name of Peter, Isaiah etc who can turn a positive SKT thread into a doom and gloom thread in 2 sec flat. I wouldn't count on the sharesies gang on this one buddy.

Thinking of Peter and Isaiah —

To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

“He committed no sin,and no deceit was found in his mouth.”

When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Gregnz
07-09-2020, 08:50 AM

Supposedly Peter on those threads is still invested in SKT. If he’s that convinced that it’s going further downhill why doesn’t he bail now.
Reminds me of the HotCopper Forums where they have a buy sentiment but are trashing the stock.

Gregnz
07-09-2020, 09:22 AM
MediaWorks sold to Discovery:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/09/mediaworks-confirms-sale-of-tv-operations-to-discovery-inc.html

Heimand
07-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Next is Sky.

Ogg
07-09-2020, 10:08 AM
MediaWorks sold to Discovery:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/09/mediaworks-confirms-sale-of-tv-operations-to-discovery-inc.html

Just the beginning of the biggest week in NZ television history.

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Anyone know how much discovery paid for mediaworks?

Ogg
07-09-2020, 10:15 AM

Likely $1 given the amount of debt they had.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/service/services/documents/EFD29DA70A5F14918A0F448ADF76C9AC

The question is what happens next?

Brooksfield's now freed up to make a move with Infratil on Sky. Will it happen this week?

Does Discovery buy Sky or pull it's content?

What does ComCom say about all this?

What's NBCUniversal next move defense move? It also has channels in NZ.

Mel
07-09-2020, 10:17 AM
A sale price has not been publicly disclosed

winner69
07-09-2020, 10:21 AM
I think it’s all bad news for Sky

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Likely $1 given the amount of debt they had.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/service/services/documents/EFD29DA70A5F14918A0F448ADF76C9AC

The question is what happens next?

Brooksfield's now freed up to make a move with Infratil on Sky. Will it happen this week?

Does Discovery buy Sky or pull it's content?

What does ComCom say about all this?

What's NBCUniversal next move defense move? It also has channels in NZ.

I think the potential bidders are waiting for the first bidder to bid, which may come this week. I don't think comcom can say much this time around. Thanks Spark.

Heimand
07-09-2020, 10:26 AM
I think it’s all bad news for Sky

Could you please elaborate?

Ogg
07-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Could you please elaborate?

He means Sky is only a media aggregator and that Discovery will terminate it's 30 year partnership deal with Sky.

Unlikely to happen.

Ogg
07-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Two things happened today:

1. TV isn't dead.
2. Large US based media conglomerates are willing to invest here.

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Mr Market has not reacted for Sky...no upwards price pressure in anticipation of an imminent takeover attempt...

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Mr Market has not reacted for Sky...no upwards price pressure in anticipation of an imminent takeover attempt...

What you on about? It's up 1.4% today. When you annualise those gainz that is over 500% gain....

Ogg
07-09-2020, 10:48 AM

Sell side looks thin to me. Not seeing those large parcels being dumped into. With results this week there's a shortage of supply coming on for sale.

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 10:58 AM
What you on about? It's up 1.4% today. When you annualise those gainz that is over 500% gain....

Good God, you're right!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgifer.com%2Fen%2FCDh6&psig=AOvVaw006YRRxY2uOpCKCx29CoLC&ust=1599519385911000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCID72JrQ1esCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

winner69
07-09-2020, 11:06 AM
He means Sky is only a media aggregator and that Discovery will terminate it's 30 year partnership deal with Sky.

Unlikely to happen.

Thanks Ogg

jimdog31
07-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Good God, you're right!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgifer.com%2Fen%2FCDh6&psig=AOvVaw006YRRxY2uOpCKCx29CoLC&ust=1599519385911000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCID72JrQ1esCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Lol! If someone would please flop it out and break through the 14.2 resistance!!

tqtq
07-09-2020, 11:12 AM
Discovery owns a few FTA tv stations in other markets too. Their expansion strategy doesn't seem to be going OTT like Disney+ etc but buying bargain basement assets to provide a home to their own old content they can't sell (not premium content that they can sell to aggregators) in order to generate some advertising revenue, ready themselves for profitable IP advertising, and own some useful production assets and edit suites in different markets. They're not going to start pulling content from Sky. They're just cashed up, have US dollars, and need to buy some cheap assets to execute on their own strategy.

GR8DAY
07-09-2020, 11:14 AM
......500%pa!! (might even happen) ....just the 1.4% (.02 cent gain) is equal to about a years bank interest. Crazy.

Marilyn Munroe
07-09-2020, 11:23 AM
A float of MediaWorks radio assets would pique my interest providing the current owners restrain their merchant banker rapacity.

Boop boop de do
Marilyn

dompf
07-09-2020, 12:31 PM
There seems to be more buyers than sellers today; blue skies and arrows at least for the end of today; bring on Thursday.

Joh13
07-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Exciting week ahead. GLTAH

flyinglizard
07-09-2020, 01:00 PM

When the SP shots, they will change their tone. At the peak, they may think "omg, why I did not jump in early? I have to buy now! Yes, right now. Then SP started to drop....." Typical financial behaviour, trading psychology stuff.

Ogg
07-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Me the last few hours...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DazzlingEveryIggypops-max-1mb.gif

flyinglizard
07-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Me the last few hours...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DazzlingEveryIggypops-max-1mb.gif

I pushed up at 0.143.

SpaceZ
07-09-2020, 02:24 PM
Spread the news to Sharesies, this is going to be the last wagon to get on board. ;)

Akane
07-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Spread the news to Sharesies, this is going to be the last wagon to get on board. ;)

The ones who believed in SKT are already onboard, the doubters are being left behind as we speak.

Ogg
07-09-2020, 02:30 PM

Why would we want a bunch of gen Z noobs on the share registry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwDDBG7cyfI

winner69
07-09-2020, 02:31 PM

Sharesies over at Laybuy

Ogg
07-09-2020, 02:34 PM
Sharesies over at Laybuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-BkrwO_Dck

Ogg
07-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Quick, someone call Blair and tell him about dez gainz

Akane
07-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Sharesies over at Laybuy

Afterpay ver 2.0? :D

Ogg
07-09-2020, 02:52 PM
We're heading to the Sky on the Discovery shuttle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5aCV1dk6H4

jimdog31
07-09-2020, 02:55 PM

Dem feels

Ogg
07-09-2020, 03:02 PM
mistaTea not posting, pretending not to care about short term price movements...

https://i0.wp.com/thegreatoutdoorsman.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/giphy-1.gif

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 03:04 PM
We broke that 0.140 barrier. Needed a big sausage to break the barrier.

Ogg
07-09-2020, 03:06 PM
OMG, I've actually broken even on this dog.

$1400 every pip on this for me boys.

Holding to the very end.

SpaceZ
07-09-2020, 03:07 PM
We broke that 0.140 barrier. Needed a big sausage to break the barrier.

Peter and Isaiah of Sharesies will be the fisher of men. :)

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 03:09 PM
mistaTea not posting, pretending not to care about short term price movements...

https://i0.wp.com/thegreatoutdoorsman.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/giphy-1.gif

I am just in shock that I have made some "nice little gains" today!

Wow, this like never happens with SKT! :eek2:

Akane
07-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Peter and Isaiah of Sharesies will be the fisher of men. :)

Also Hemi on the NZX FB page, he's a huge doomer on SKT too, I should print out his posts on A4, put it in a blender, so he can eat his words.

jimdog31
07-09-2020, 03:11 PM
I am just in shock that I have made some "nice little gains" today!

Wow, this like never happens with SKT! :eek2:

Will we see 0.15 today....

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 03:12 PM
I think we need some disciples to go spread the gospel on sharesies. We can get more gainz on the back of the sharesies crowd.

SpaceZ
07-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Trust MistaTea, he is our spiritual leader that keep the believers going for so long.:p

Akane
I think we need some disciples to go spread the gospel on sharesies. We can get more gainz on the back of the sharesies crowd.

We'll send them a postcard from the moon.

mistaTea

let me know if it happens.

To be fair, I have been far too busy watching the US OPEN and tour de france highlights today. Loving my Sky Sport NOW - and @ $299.99 for the year you better believe I feel like I am getting my moneys worth!

Ogg

Let em be...They're about to get a free lesson.

jimdog31
07-09-2020, 03:15 PM

Are we allowed to screenshot our gains and post them allover their page asking if we should sell??

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 03:19 PM
Christ, I am $8,000 richer than when the market opened today!

I don't know whether to sh1t or go blind!

Ogg
07-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Big seller back ruining the party. Might have to wait until Thursday.

Quantitative Easing
07-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Are we allowed to screenshot our gains and post them allover their page asking if we should sell??

Do whatever is necessary to spread the word of God...aka MrT... Stop the sharesies crowd from worshipping idols.

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Do whatever is necessary to spread the word of God...aka MrT... Stop the sharesies crowd from worshipping idols.

I am the All. Cleave a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up a stone, and You will find Me there

dompf
07-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Big seller back ruining the party. Might have to wait until Thursday.

Its not really significant given volume over $7 figures today, its only a 30k sell. great day all hopefully good run in to the results on Thursday.

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 03:34 PM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/mediaworks-confirms-free-air-tv-sale-discovery/#comments

An 'Anynymous' subscriber has posted: "I understand there is interest in acquiring Sky and moving the free to air channels into a pay-per-view situation . Makes sense and will dramatically increase skys worth. Watch this space"

Alright, which one of you buggers is trying to start something on the NBR?

Ogg
07-09-2020, 03:37 PM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/story/mediaworks-confirms-free-air-tv-sale-discovery/#comments

An 'Anynymous' subscriber has posted: "I understand there is interest in acquiring Sky and moving the free to air channels into a pay-per-view situation . Makes sense and will dramatically increase skys worth. Watch this space"

Sounds like something I would write...

mistaTea
07-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Sounds like something I would write...

no, if it was you there would have been a "LOL" in there somewhere.

Still...if Discovery do make a move on Sky...will there be any other bidders?

Tbh...I can't really see how buying TV3 makes any sense unless they plan to grab Sky too.

So it could be that they want to make sure there are no issues with approval for TV3 before going after Sky.

Hmmmmn, I just don't know.

Tony Two Gloves
07-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Sounds like something Blair would say :D

Ogg
07-09-2020, 03:46 PM
no, if it was you there would have been a "LOL" in there somewhere.

What you meant to say is you know I'm too cheap to have a premium subscription...:D

nztx
07-09-2020, 04:18 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300101113/discovery-takes-bet-on-nz-by-buying-television-channel-three

Discovery buys Three, Bravo, Edge TV, Breeze TV etc

Does that modify anyone's formulated SKT T/o plans ? ;)

You still there Ogg ?

Discl: SKT Holder

tqtq
07-09-2020, 04:26 PM
SKT at 0.14 AUD on the ASX. Up 7.7% today (so far)

tqtq
07-09-2020, 05:43 PM
DJ Sky TV's Recovery Could Be Gaining Traction -- Market Talk
07 Sep 2020 10:22:54
0022 GMT - Macquarie Bank has growing confidence that the business transformation of struggling New Zealand pay TV company Sky Network Television is gaining traction and upgrades it to outperform from neutral. Sky, which has been losing its satellite TV subscribers to streaming services, could resume dividends from FY 2022, Macquarie says, as various initiatives such as the locking in of core rugby content, acquiring a streaming service and entering the broadband market stabilize its position. Sky's stock is at 14.1 NZ cents, which is down 86% on year, making it the worst performer in the NZX-50. Macquarie has a 12-month price target of NZ$0.34. (stephen.wright@wsj.com)

tqtq
07-09-2020, 05:45 PM
News Summary
*DJ Sky Network TV Price Target Cut 11% to NZ$0.34/Share by Macquarie
07 Sep 2020 09:59:42

Balance
07-09-2020, 09:08 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/300062593/what-discoverys-purchase-of-mediaworks-struggling-tv-arm-would-mean-for-viewers

Revisiting what Discovery purchase of Mediaworks TV could mean for Sky TV .

tqtq
07-09-2020, 09:55 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/300062593/what-discoverys-purchase-of-mediaworks-struggling-tv-arm-would-mean-for-viewers

Revisiting what Discovery purchase of Mediaworks TV could mean for Sky TV .

Good article.

Gregnz
07-09-2020, 10:46 PM
Am I reading into it too much, but it does seem convenient timing that Mediaworks have been looking for a buyer for a year, and 3 days before the sky annual result the sale to Discovery is announced.

It would seem that Discovery are sitting on good cash reserves, they have mentioned that they see NZ as a safe investment.

A purchase of Sky could very well result in Discovery owning the vast majority of free to air and paid tv programming in nz, tv3, choice, bravo, hgtv, prime, then all of the channels they supply to Sky, plus obviously securing the Sky customer base and potential to expand into broadband and streaming.
Also plenty of Discovery Inc content which we don’t have access to here even via Sky, could be a great avenue for them to supply additional content they have already produced.

tqtq
07-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Am I reading into it too much, but it does seem convenient timing that Mediaworks have been looking for a buyer for a year, and 3 days before the sky annual result the sale to Discovery is announced.

It would seem that Discovery are sitting on good cash reserves, they have mentioned that they see NZ as a safe investment.

A purchase of Sky could very well result in Discovery owning the vast majority of free to air and paid tv programming in nz, tv3, choice, bravo, hgtv, prime, then all of the channels they supply to Sky, plus obviously securing the Sky customer base and potential to expand into broadband and streaming.
Also plenty of Discovery Inc content which we don’t have access to here even via Sky, could be a great avenue for them to supply additional content they have already produced.

It's not out of the question but Discovery would have to get the TV3 purchase approved by ComCom before making a move on Sky. If Discovery wanted both, they would have let Sky purchase TV3 and then they would have purchased Sky. That's what I think.

flyinglizard
08-09-2020, 12:08 AM
For those people who said TV is dying, or SKT is dying, Discovery teaches them a good lesson.

Market Cap
10.847B

Beta (5Y Monthly)

PE Ratio (TTM)

EPS (TTM)

Stranger_Danger
08-09-2020, 06:10 AM
For those people who said TV is dying, or SKT is dying, Discovery teaches them a good lesson.

Market Cap
10.847B

Beta (5Y Monthly)

PE Ratio (TTM)

EPS (TTM)

It doesn't pay a dividend and the share price hasn't moved since 2012.

Seems plenty dead to me?

Stock888
08-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Dead? DISCA dropped from $42 to about $16 and rose to $32 then moving yoyo again. It looks like SKT will follow similar trend bounce back. I'm happy to hold my SKT average cost at 0.15 and sell them at 0.30 which still below the target price of Macquarie. :) :)

tqtq
08-09-2020, 09:19 AM
It doesn't pay a dividend and the share price hasn't moved since 2012.

Seems plenty dead to me?

Discovery are primarily content creators. They have only started buying tv station assets in the past few years.

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:00 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b2/a8/1f/b2a81f1e691fbf5f20e73a9803c491f9.jpg

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:01 AM
272 buyers.

Get ready for the noob sharesies pump

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 10:05 AM
272 buyers.

Yeah just saw that, they are late to the party but can still get drunk :)

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:05 AM
272 buyers.

I thought sharesies hated SKT? DId you go out and change their mind? INteresting.

youngatheart
08-09-2020, 10:07 AM
This is the power of the Sharesies Effect... We should not underestimate it no matter how much one might laugh at them...

Sideshow Bob
08-09-2020, 10:07 AM
I thought sharesies hated SKT? DId you go out and change their mind? INteresting.

Unofficial ratio is 79.82465154597% haters.

Captain Ramjet
08-09-2020, 10:08 AM
wow that's a strong opening...tempting to take some profit at this point but I think I'll let it run

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Unofficial ratio is 79.82465154597% haters.

Haha, well I just bought a bulk on my CFD provider. Fast and easy, lets see how far it rides.

GR8DAY
08-09-2020, 10:10 AM
wow that's a strong opening...tempting to take some profit at this point but I think I'll let it run

......long run back to 35c just started m8.

Akane
08-09-2020, 10:11 AM

There's no wrong in taking profit now, but if you bail half way to the moon, it'll be hard to hop back on the rocket tho :)

jimdog31
08-09-2020, 10:11 AM
The sharesies fever is real!

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:12 AM
The sharesies fever is real!

Thanks for lunch sharesies, that was easy :)

dompf
08-09-2020, 10:13 AM

This has only just started.

Quantitative Easing
08-09-2020, 10:15 AM
No resistance in sight...

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:16 AM
Is it gonna do a CBD and crash?...Then get pumped again tomorrow morning.

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 10:18 AM
$20K up for the day Ogg? Well it is only 20 minutes in lol

Paradox
Haha, well I just bought a bulk on my CFD provider. Fast and easy, lets see how far it rides.

CMC has stopped offering now

Ogg
$20K up for the day Ogg? Well it is only 20 minutes in lol

Not selling a single share!

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:19 AM
CMC has stopped offering now

Wow they are onto it quick. I got in about 10:04 or thereabouts. Seems someone has tipped them off. I use IG and CMC.

Akane
08-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Not selling a single share!

Not till tomorrow anyway, since no takeover in sight.

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Not till tomorrow anyway, since no takeover in sight.

I have too many shares. I'd end up crashing the market.

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:21 AM
And out at 16.7

SpaceZ
08-09-2020, 10:21 AM
There's no wrong in taking profit now, but if you bail half way to the moon, it'll be hard to hop back on the rocket tho :)

Peter and Isaiah had spread the good news to Sharesies.:) They are the flag bearers.

Captain Ramjet
08-09-2020, 10:22 AM
got rid of 10% of my holding at 16.6c for a tidy little earner but gonna let the other 90% run. Gonna be an interesting few days that's for sure

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:22 AM
And out at 16.7

Why would you sell it that cheap. Especially to Sharesies users. They're gonna keep buying it all week. The more it goes up the more Sharesies users pile in.

Cadalac123
08-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Wonder if the sharesies algo will push this one too eh ogg

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Why would you sell it that cheap. Especially to Sharesies users. They're gonna keep buying it all week. The more it goes up the more Sharesies users pile in.

It was a quick trade for quite a lot. I got in at 15.4 so quite happy to take the profit. Holding onto my core holding. Plenty of big insto's who might take advantage of the price. I see that sharesies only buying about $2m or $250k. So easy for price to fall back quickly.

Getty
08-09-2020, 10:31 AM
SP being pushed up by the NZ rugby Union investing the gate takings from the North /South game..

Gregnz
08-09-2020, 10:32 AM
I dont see the point of selling at the current price, if we removed the resistance, we would already be at 30 cents.

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Good man! I know they are late but I would still feel comfortable buying now as there is value all the way to 0.30 IMO and could well go beyond.

Getty
08-09-2020, 10:38 AM
At 16.8c, smashed the 100 day MA out of the park!
Fill Ya rugby boots boys!

blackcap
08-09-2020, 10:39 AM
At 16.8c, smashed the 100 day MA out of the park!
Fill Ya rugby boots boys!

Looks like it will drop back to about 15.7 by day's close.

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:40 AM
Looks like it will drop back to about 15.7 by day's close.

Just the warm up before Thursday.

Getty
08-09-2020, 10:40 AM
Will they get half back or full back?

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:43 AM
Today's isn't about the share price. It's about Sky being back in the spot light. The media coverage and investor interests will only grow from now. When results are released on Thur more investors will get exposure. Also brokers will then update their recommendation. Early days.

tqtq
08-09-2020, 10:48 AM
Today's isn't about the share price. It's about Sky being back in the spot light. The media coverage and investor interests will only grow from now. When results are released on Thur more investors will get exposure. Also brokers will then update their recommendation. Early days.

True. We just need the media + investors to change their view on Sky. The positive media interest in the SP movement will have will be worth its weight in gold.

Gregnz
08-09-2020, 10:51 AM
If only everyone can resist their urge to sell out. Our own worst enemies, it’s only resistance on the sell side which it stopping share price growth in its tracks

Ogg
08-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Wonder if the sharesies algo will push this one too eh ogg

The good thing about Sharesies, is that it gives you an overall indication of what the market sentiment is on a particular stock at a particular point of time. It acts as a leading indicator. Their advantage is their numbers and their social network effect on others.

bottomfeeder
08-09-2020, 10:54 AM
Sold half my holding at 16.9. Made 20%. Had withdrawl symptoms then but hopefully will be down this afternoon so will be getting them back soon. Love the volatility.

winner69
08-09-2020, 11:03 AM
OMG, I've actually broken even on this dog.

$1400 every pip on this for me boys.

Holding to the very end.

Going well there Ogg

Is your def of big a pip is the same as mine?

tqtq
08-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Sold half my holding at 16.9. Made 20%. Had withdrawl symptoms then but hopefully will be down this afternoon so will be getting them back soon. Love the volatility.

Grow a pair

Analyst
08-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Grow a pair

Long time lurker, time time poster. I've got about $80k invested in this. Entered at a higher price at 19 cents but hoping that the market finally wakes up to this undervalued stock!!

Bring on results announcement on Thursday! :t_up:

Ogg
08-09-2020, 11:18 AM
I need to up my game.

From the Sharesies forum:

Stock pick of the month..... SKY TV (and im being serious this time)

After doing some pretty indepth analysis in my own time for past 3-4 weeks,
Findings:

- New CEO with a successful track record took over just last year (was chief financial officer at BSkyB in the UK between 1998 and 2004 when the media firm doubled its subscriber base. In 2009 to 2010 he led the successful turnaround of Ono, a leading telecom operator in Spain, which is now part of Vodafone. Just left CEO role at OSN, extremely successful leading pay TV network in the Middle East, basically a SKYTV on steroids, check out on Linkedin)

- SKYTV is in the middle of a complete overhaul of it's business model mainly focusing on transforming their technology, eg. digital streaming/online subscriptions and broadband services

- The New CEO realises the potential of the restructure and has purchased Lightbox from Spark last year to take away the competition. Recently just merged this with Neon, actually a really solid platform people prefer over netflix

- *IMPORTANT* Having secured rugby rights for next 5 years, Sky now also owns RugbyPass (Largest global rugby streaming platform), aiming to lead the international broadcasting sector in rugby, moving away from satellite so they can reach customers beyond NZ borders. When sports resume this will be a big deal

- $600 mil losses etc we are seeing in recent years was due to good will write offs of useless equity, not complete loss of earnings/cash... selling off its Outcast Broadcast assets to NEP + Securing a long term partnership for 10 years. Which is a positive, we all know SKYTV's older business model has been going downhill, now they have been able to sell part of it while securing a strong partnership

- Recent Capital raise has allowed them to pay off any remaining bank debt and now leaves them with a strong balance sheet holding an excess $118 million to withstand the storm

- Significantly increased subscribers during past year since new CEO restructured business, still in transition. So revenue may not be as great due to more affordable prices compared to their dated satilite business model but seemingly as they only began this transition mid last year the future is looking bright

- Was classified as an essential business during lockdowns leading to record streaming views and further increase in subscriptions

- Market again, has an overly bearish negative sentiment.. P/E ratio is negative!? P.S ratio 0.3!? EV/EBITDA ratio 1.5?!? Good thing, usually indicates oversold, people don't realise how undervalued SKT has become blinded by the extremely long downtrend

- Expected to release earnings/revenue with a net profit of $20-25 million post tax and expenses (A+ after 2-3 years of announcing losses.), the company appearing profitable again, many analyst only predicting a net profit of $16mil
- Recent signs of hitting rock bottom consolidating at tight price ranges for last 3-4 weeks moving out of it's extremely long falling wedge and forming an ascending triangle (those of you familiar with technical analysis will know that this is bullish if conditions are right). Mixed in with the right fundamentals^^ this is a sign of a very strong reversal pattern.

- Mass insider buying recently occurring including many directors, and share purchases from the CEO himself of approx 837,620 shares. With no one selling recently. Some even purchasing at prices of $0.17-18 per share

- Recently just restated $200 MILLION banking loan until 2023, this is a strong vote of confidence we should consider. To get this they would have had to prove to the banks their future business model is realistically successful... they would have had to hand over all of their financials as well as earning projections based on various scenarios, including worst cases. And the syndicate of banks would have had to believe the projections to be realistic + their downside to be minimal. Banks loaning out this quantity of money are not stupid, these dudes love money and risk management. Do you believe a bank would give out a flexible loan limit this high to a company truly worth a market cap of $245mil? Yep that's the market cap of SKT right now, equivalent market cap of many companies on NZX that generate less than $1mil earnings.

In short, there is a much needed new leadership team, they have a new vision, they are restructuring their business in the right direction, they've paid off all debt with a considerable amount of cash in hand and gained flexible loaning, people again have an overly bearish sentiment (Example> Vista Group), many people do not realise they will be announcing their upcoming report soon with an estimated NPAT of $20-25 million FY20. First time profitable in 3 years and strong signs of hitting rock bottom. The CEO Martin Stewart has accomplished a hell of a lot in the single year he's been here
Enough said

Report release on September 10th

mistaTea
08-09-2020, 11:23 AM
I need to up my game.

That guy gets it! :t_up:

dompf
08-09-2020, 11:27 AM
That guy gets it! :t_up:

That poster has summed up Skytv pretty nicely;

As mentioned above share may come down off sugar rush this morning but we are nowhere near where this share will sit at the end of the week once upgrades start coming in for the institutionals.

GL all DYOR

Ferg
08-09-2020, 11:55 AM
I need to up my game.

Have you got a link for that?

Ogg
08-09-2020, 11:57 AM

You need to join the Sharesis Share Club on Facebook.

Getty
08-09-2020, 11:58 AM

Nah, Computershare is their Registry..

tqtq
08-09-2020, 12:03 PM
I've hit the two Aussie FB forums. 65K members. Looks like SKT is will be ~8% up this morning on the open. I hope the gains follow the NZX. Happy days!

bottomfeeder
08-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Who wrote that, sounds like the SKT PR team spinning all the good things. What about the bad.

Ferg
08-09-2020, 12:23 PM
You need to join the Sharesis Share Club on Facebook.
Yeah I canned FB years ago - hence the reason I couldn't find it.
Thanks

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Got to love the Sharesies crowd - they do see the world a bit differently.....

Totally. There are no motels and only young people in NZ. Who even pays for Netflix right? And don't get me started on sports, NZ totally doesn't watch sport

flyinglizard
08-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Mr. Martin David Stewart serves as an Executive Director at SKY Network Television Limited since April 18, 2019. He has been Chief Executive Officer of SKY Network Television Limited since February 21, 2019. Mr. Stewart served as CEO of OSN, the leading pay TV network in the Middle East. He served as Chief Executive Officer at Gulf DTH FZ, LLC. He served as Chief Financial Officer of The Football Association (The FA) in the UK since February 2016. He served as Chief Executive Chairman of EurotaxGlass's International AG and also served as its Chief Executive Officer until October 22, 2014. He served as General Director of Grupo Corporativo ONO, S.A. since January 2009 and also served as its Managing Director. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Panther Media Group Ltd. He served as Chief Financial Officer of EMI Music since January 12, 2007. Mr. Stewart served as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of EMI Group PLC (EMI plc) from February 1, 2005 to 2007 and also served as its Finance Director. He served as Executive Director of Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., (Formerly, News Corp). He served as Chief Financial Officer of Sky plc (formerly, British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC) from May 1998 to 2004 and Maltby Capital Limited since February 1, 2005. He served as the Head of Commercial Finance of Sky plc since March 1996. From 1991 to 1996, Mr. Stewart served at Polygram, latterly at Polygram Filmed Entertainment where, he served as Finance Director for two years. He served as Finance Director of Sky plc. since May 1998. He serves as a Board Member of the London 2012 Olympic Delivery Authority. He served as a Director of Wembley National Stadium Limited since July 06, 2017. He has been a Non-Executive Director at Candle Topco UK Ltd. since February 1, 2011. He serves as Lead Non-Executive Director of The Department of Energy & Climate Change (UK). He serves as a Board Member for Satellite Information Services (SiS) Ltd. He serves as Director of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. He serves as a Director of The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Ltd. He served as a Non-Executive Director of eircom Group plc since June 2012. He served as Member of Supervisory Board at Kabel Deutschland Holding AG since March 2010 until October 31, 2013. He served as a Director of ONO SA (Spain) and EurotaxGlass's International AG. Mr. Stewart served as Non-Executive Director of Michael Page International PLC (now PageGroup plc) from February 2001 to October 7, 2003. He served as a Member of the Supervisory Board at Kabel Deutschland GmbH (now Vodafone Kabel Deutschland GmbH) from March 2010 to May 19, 2010. He served as a Director of British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC since May 1998 and Executive Director at Maltby Capital Limited since February 2005. He was also a board member and chair of the Audit Committee for London 2012 - the Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Mr. Stewart is a qualified Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).

k14
08-09-2020, 01:09 PM
Got to love the Sharesies crowd - they do see the world a bit differently.....

Totally. There are no motels and only young people in NZ. Who even pays for Netflix right? And don't get me started on sports, NZ totally doesn't watch sport
I saw that comment too. I am wondering if they missed the sarcasm emoji?

see weed
08-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone. I am back for the third time in last 18 months. My av price is 0.1484117c so far. :)

SpaceZ
08-09-2020, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone. I am back for the third time in last 18 months. My av price is 0.1484117c so far. :)

Welcome back, i remember you refused to take on the capital rising offer?

see weed
08-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Welcome back, i remember you refused to take on the capital rising offer?
That's right. Had other fish to fry. Lost $13,000 last time around, but have locked in $136.6k profit so far this Financial year :cool:.

tqtq
08-09-2020, 02:41 PM
What does everyone here think about holding to at least 0.24c? If you've got a preferred price point please mention.

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 02:49 PM
What does everyone here think about holding to at least 0.24c? If you've got a preferred price point please mention.
I was thinking 0.25 - think the SP will be jumping all over the place between now at 10.05AM on Thursday

tqtq
08-09-2020, 02:52 PM
I was thinking 0.25 - think the SP will be jumping all over the place between now at 10.05AM on Thursday

0.25c it is. Still a bargain in my opinion given that it's likely to be at 0.50c next year. The inane selling at the current rate has to stop. Value-stocks are back in people!

flyinglizard
08-09-2020, 02:54 PM
Just topped up more at 0.157, perfect

Ogg
08-09-2020, 03:28 PM
The question is, will the stock get pumped at the close, as you're guaranteed a profit when the Sharises orders come on market again tomorrow morning?

Ogg
08-09-2020, 03:30 PM
9/10 Sharises users have day jobs. They'll come home, see the stock is up heaps. Read all the spam and ramp posts on the facebook forum. Then they'll put buy orders in before they go to bed via their mobile phone. Then 300+ buy orders will show up at 10am tomorrow.

tqtq
08-09-2020, 03:35 PM
They’ll keep buying if the stock keeps going up

mistaTea
08-09-2020, 03:35 PM
lol, I have secrets, yeah.

Peter from Black Crane estimates Sky's value to be anywhere between 30c (worst case) to 70c (if they execute everything damn near perfectly).

Control of costs is going to be key, says Peter, and I agree.

Yeah that's right Ogg, I have secrets too :D

Ogg
08-09-2020, 03:36 PM
If it does finish in the green tomorrow. You'll likely see the above but at a factor of 10X. Then throw in the results on Thursday morning with institutional investors also buying and you could see the stock go up as much as CBD did. Crash will follow after of cause. But will it go as high as 50c?

Ogg
08-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Peter from Black Crane estimates Sky's value to be anywhere between 30c (worst case) to 70c (if they execute everything damn near perfectly).

Where's he say that?

He's had a good day today. Chorus is up too!

mistaTea
08-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Where's he say that?

He's had a good day today. Chorus is up too!

He phones me most nights from Hong Kong to tuck me in, whispering sweet nothings about Sky's best days ahead...

Ogg
08-09-2020, 03:42 PM
He phones me most nights from Hong Kong to tuck me in, whispering sweet nothings about Sky's best days ahead...

:lol: yeah right

winner69
08-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Is that the same Peter that's mates with that Isahia

Tony Two Gloves
08-09-2020, 03:57 PM
0.25c it is. Still a bargain in my opinion given that it's likely to be at 0.50c next year. The inane selling at the current rate has to stop. Value-stocks are back in people!
Agree - with 13M shares changing hands today there are obviously a few that don't believe, no one is making much money even if they got it just right and entered at 0.125. The upside looks so inviting so why wouldn't you hold a bit longer? Anyway I'm now thinking 0.275, not on the basis of fundamentals, charts or Sharesies involvement but simply I would double my money :D:D

tqtq
08-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Agree - with 13M shares changing hands today there are obviously a few that don't believe, no one is making much money even if they got it just right and entered at 0.125. The upside looks so inviting so why wouldn't you hold a bit longer? Anyway I'm now thinking 0.275, not on the basis of fundamentals, charts or Sharesies involvement but simply I would double my money :D:D

Investors just need to view Sky through the same lens they viewing Nasdaq stocks. Ie: What's it going to be worth in a few years. When there's a covid vaccine. When its making a decent profit from PPV, commercial subscribers. When IP advertising comes in.

tqtq
08-09-2020, 05:56 PM
Long time lurker, time time poster. I've got about $80k invested in this. Entered at a higher price at 19 cents but hoping that the market finally wakes up to this undervalued stock!!

Bring on results announcement on Thursday! :t_up:

Good stuff. It shows that you've got vision and you can pick a good buy. Why sell for less than you've bought it at if you know its worth more.

tqtq
08-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Woo hoo! Sky up 11.1% on the asx at the close!

Stock888
08-09-2020, 06:39 PM
At least 0.30 :)

Heimand
08-09-2020, 06:45 PM
At least 34c

Xenith
08-09-2020, 07:05 PM
34c sounds good to me

jimdog31
08-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Im literally reading some of the comments on facebook from sharesies in disbelief.

Dlownz
08-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Im literally reading some of the comments on facebook from sharesies in disbelief.

Do tell 😁😂

nztx
08-09-2020, 08:46 PM
Do tell ����

probably enough to publish a series of volumes there already ? -)

tqtq
08-09-2020, 08:47 PM

You're right, cost savings are going to make the big difference on Thursday, especially as they've already said they've met guidance.
Also, tell Peter to keep buying shares in Sky, especially prior to the AGM.

jimdog31
09-09-2020, 06:27 AM
lol

To be honest, I've just become exhausted posting here. There's nothing left to say anymore. I've laid out my entire case in detail. It's all on record.

If the takeover doesn't come on the 10th. Then I'm just gonna throw in the towel and stop posting here altogether.

When you see frivolous tech stocks bagging over and over again...when you see companies with no earnings sky rocketing...when you see fraud companies go bananas...then you see a stock like Sky, undervalued, unloved, all forgotten, just sitting there doing nothing, it's more than frustrating, it's just down right la la land at this stage.

Planning on making a big speech on the 9th though. Depends what mode I'm in tho.

I can’t tell if im more excited by today’s price action, or the anticipation of your speech today Ogg!

mistaTea
09-09-2020, 07:38 AM
All I could think about last night was those “nice little gains”

Mel
09-09-2020, 09:46 AM
All I could think about last night was those “nice little gains”
All I could think about was trying to break even on my original purchase of SKT at 60c!! - my purchase of a significant number of SKT rights will help achieve this

SpaceZ
09-09-2020, 09:55 AM
All I could think about was trying to break even on my original purchase of SKT at 60c!! - my purchase of a significant number of SKT rights will help achieve this

Most shareholders fall into this categories, with capital rise taking will probably hold an average of 0.19 to 0.30
Recent entrance would make nice little gain though.

Hoop
09-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Hmmm.... SKT positive expectations (sentiment) v Wall St falling to bits last night..which way will SKT go today?...
Of interest..recent SKT price rise has triggered TA signals buy signals

Quantitative Easing
09-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Will be a very interesting open today. Will the momentum keep going?

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:00 AM
Will be a very interesting open today. Will the momentum keep going?

Looks like the sellers have woken up and I do not see any Sharesies involvement yet.

Quantitative Easing
09-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Looks like the sellers have woken up and I do not see any Sharesies involvement yet.

Lol cometh the hour cometh the sharesies army

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:03 AM
I can’t tell if im more excited by today’s price action, or the anticipation of your speech today Ogg!

This recent stock rally has kinda ruined what I was gonna say. Doesn't seem appropriate anymore.

SpaceZ
09-09-2020, 10:03 AM
$0.165

They are in.
Yesterday's sharesies post received a lot of positive comments, Peter and Isaiah had disappeared.

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:04 AM
Lol cometh the hour cometh the sharesies army

Not enough, only 500k bids with plenty on offer. Not going to move the price like yesterday is my thinking.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:05 AM
$0.165

Doesn't look like a full battalion of Sharesies users.

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:06 AM

Just sold a bunch at 16.8. Feels like that kind of day.

Quantitative Easing
Not enough, only 500k bids with plenty on offer. Not going to move the price like yesterday is my thinking.

Yeah seems like 0.17c will be strong resistance to break through. If we do then we could gap up again.

Ogg
I think the Sharesies commander sent them all in at 16.9

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:07 AM
I think the Sharesies commander sent them all in at 16.9

Sure did! But thats it for the day then. Well apart from the stragglers.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:08 AM
Sure did! But thats it for the day then. Well apart from the stragglers.

The drop over night on wall street spooked them all. Too many casualties from Tesla.

Quantitative Easing
09-09-2020, 10:11 AM
High volumes today. 11 mins in 4.2M shares traded. Great to see.

Akane
09-09-2020, 10:12 AM

Correct, it just got gobbled up in a snap.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 10:17 AM

The price is not going to move substantially if you keep selling

Tony Two Gloves
09-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Think it's just the "fluffer's" real action will begin in due course

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:20 AM
The price is not going to move substantially if you keep selling

Don't worry, I am a long term holder. I will be buying those back at some stage... That should support the price :)

Hoop
09-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Don't worry, I am a long term holder. I will be buying those back at some stage... That should support the price :)

Might have timed your sale near perfect BC..SKT looks to be losing momentum

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:33 AM
Might have timed your sale near perfect BC..SKT looks to be losing momentum

He's stolen my Sharesies overnight pump and dump idea.

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:34 AM
He's stolen my Sharesies overnight pump and dump idea.

Haha I have definitely used it and have refined it. Worked a treat yesterday. Thanks Ogg.

ba9
09-09-2020, 10:40 AM
blackcap ... Looks like you were the biggest seller this morning :)

Assuming the 200k odd shares were all yours.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 10:45 AM

As a long term holder, you're shooting yourself in the foot by selling at these prices. Just hold off for a day or two. Let the SP rise. We won't get the opportunity to move the price up like this for a while.

blackcap
09-09-2020, 10:50 AM
blackcap ... Looks like you were the biggest seller this morning :)

Haha I wish I had the balls to sell that many for a trade. I used a CFD provider.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Article last night:

Sky TV leads gains for second day

“All eyes will be on the overall subscriber numbers and what sort of traction they are getting online,” he said. “Most of analysts value them a little bit higher than where they are now, but I think the market has been waiting for the proof.”

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article/976517458/sky-tv-leads-gains-for-second-day.html

-------------------------------

Market waiting for proof apparently.

dompf
09-09-2020, 10:52 AM
As a long term holder, you're shooting yourself in the foot by selling at these prices. Just hold off for a day or two. Let the SP rise. We won't get the opportunity to move the price up like this for a while.

I don't think it matters that much retail investors are a thimble with SKT; the true test is a the report tomorrow and upgrades in the coming weeks that will dictate where this share ends up, short term movements are mostly irrelevant. Despite the happiness they bring.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 10:55 AM
I don't think it matters that much retail investors are a thimble with SKT; the true test is a the report tomorrow and upgrades in the coming weeks that will dictate where this share ends up, short term movements are mostly irrelevant. Despite the happiness they bring.

There will be a trove of broker upgrades following the EOY report tomorrow over the coming weeks. Only noobs will be selling tomorrow for small gains.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 11:00 AM

The SKT SP needs all the help it can get given that sentiment is against it. It's going to be retail investors interest in Sky that pushes the stock up IMO. And they're only going to get onboard if the SP moves up. Sky has already stated that they've met guidance, so there's not too many unknowns. Subscriber numbers and costs whilst important is not big news compared to a company's financial performance. Update: Both Subscriber numbers and costs are really important but they should be within previously advised guidance.

Chuckles
09-09-2020, 11:08 AM
I've put in order for $10k @ $0.165 there seems to be a large wall of sell orders vs buy orders today.

dompf
09-09-2020, 11:19 AM
The SKT SP needs all the help it can get given that sentiment is against it. It's going to be retail investors interest in Sky that pushes the stock up IMO. And they're only going to get onboard if the SP moves up. Sky has already stated that they've met guidance, so there's not too many unknowns. Subscriber numbers and costs whilst important is not big news compared to a company's financial performance. Update: Both Subscriber numbers and costs are really important but they should be within previously advised guidance.

Its going to be SP upgrades that push the stock up not retail. Sentiment is a byproduct of opinion which isn't factual. Once facts are in it will be upgraded and institutional investors will be the ones that push this stock up to 30c+ where it should be & it'll take a few weeks to get there.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 11:19 AM
I've put in order for $10k @ $0.165 there seems to be a large wall of sell orders vs buy orders today.

Good work man!

tqtq
09-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Its going to be SP upgrades that push the stock up not retail. Sentiment is a byproduct of opinion which isn't factual. Once facts are in it will be upgraded and institutional investors will be the ones that push this stock up to 30c+ where it should be & it'll take a few weeks to get there.

Usually that's the case. But its not the mindset of the Sharesies / Robin Hood crowd who are the ones that are really moving stock prices at the moment. They run entirely on sentiment.

see weed
09-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Just put an order in for 90000 at .167. See how long it takes to go through.

dompf
09-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Usually that's the case. But its not the mindset of the Sharesies / Robin Hood crowd who are the ones that are really moving stock prices at the moment. They run entirely on sentiment.

Definitely a new world out there!~ makes it more interesting thats for sure.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Definitely a new world out there!~ makes it more interesting thats for sure.

Yep, and now the Nasdaq is uncool, and value stocks are getting more attention, I think we're in for an interesting ride!

see weed
09-09-2020, 11:27 AM
Just put an order in for 90000 at .167. See how long it takes to go through.
Gone, boy that was fast.

tqtq
09-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Gone, boy that was fast.

Nice work!

event_horizon
09-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Most shareholders fall into this categories, with capital rise taking will probably hold an average of 0.19 to 0.30
Recent entrance would make nice little gain though.

My average price is 0.19 and I hold 97000 shares. Holding out for that 0.19, every cent past that is $1000 of gravy! Go Sky go you good thing!

allfromacell
09-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Anything less than 20c is still dirt cheap, market participants have been blinded by the downtrend and mostly ignored the screaming value on offer at below 13c out of fear of 'never buy in a downtrend' nonsense. Sure there will be some resistance as we climb here as a lot of traders will look to take profits but for investors don't sell this too soon. Nothing has changed since the capital raising, in fact the company has only continued to de-risk.

The selling was relentless due to the downtrend, the downtrend looks to be ending and there is a lot of lost time to make up... DYOR.

see weed
09-09-2020, 11:50 AM
There will be a trove of broker upgrades following the EOY report tomorrow over the coming weeks. Only noobs will be selling tomorrow for small gains.
Hey Ogg, what is your av price? Shell we smash through the .168 barrier?

Ogg
09-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Hey Ogg, what is your av price? Shell we smash through the .168 barrier?

1,409,693 @ .1464

First entry March 23rd
120% in placement of $61k
Lowest on market buy 12.7c
Zero shares sold.

Holding until a takeover.

dompf
09-09-2020, 12:01 PM
1,409,693 @ .1464

First entry March 23rd
Zero shares sold.

You have more than me; I just asked my wife if I could use 100k to overtake Ogg and she told me; im over exposed already. I said nonsense!

see weed
09-09-2020, 12:03 PM
1,409,693 @ .1464

First entry March 23rd
Zero shares sold.

Wow, you got a bit over a million more than me. I better hurry and buy buy buy:D. My av price was .141, but is now .156 and rising. :)

Ogg
09-09-2020, 12:05 PM
You have more than me; I just asked my wife if I could use 100k to overtake Ogg and she told me; im over exposed already. I said nonsense!

I was trying to overtake mistaTea until he bought more... He's happy sleeping on the couch :lol:

dompf
09-09-2020, 12:06 PM
I was trying to overtake mistaTea until he bought more... He's happy sleeping on the couch :lol: I've got the greenlight to scoop up 300k shares. So i'll go put my hand up.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 12:07 PM
I've got the greenlight to scoop up 300k shares. So i'll go put my hand up.

Why not. Stock is still trading below TERP

dompf
09-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Why not. Stock is still trading below TARP. Already done it, should be queuing up.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Already done it, should be queuing up.

Just in case bro...

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/living-co-folding-spring-bed/R2608887.html#q=Living+&start=1

see weed
09-09-2020, 12:14 PM
I've got the greenlight to scoop up 300k shares. So i'll go put my hand up.
What price you buying?

Ogg
09-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Given the following:

A) Sky has already confirmed guidance.
B) Streaming growth has accelerated under Covid (search "Neon" in Google trends)
C) Balance sheet confirmed with $110m cash and no bank debt
D) Future costs down because of OSB sale and NEP deal

How can results be anything but positive tomorrow?

dompf
09-09-2020, 12:38 PM
What price you buying?

16.6 I got 140k then 16.8 took 160k

So about ave 16.7.

Brings my average price to 15.3.

Not The Chosen One
09-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Given the following:

A) Sky has already confirmed guidance.
B) Streaming growth has accelerated under Covid (search "Neon" in Google trends)
C) Balance sheet confirmed with $110m cash and no bank debt
D) Future costs down because of OSB sale and NEP deal

How can results be anything but positive tomorrow?

Do you have any concerns about why it potentially may not be positive tomorrow? Appreciate all your updates so far. Cheers

tqtq
09-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Do you have any concerns about why it potentially may not be positive tomorrow? Appreciate all your updates so far. Cheers

Illogical shorting by investors who should know better

Ogg
09-09-2020, 01:25 PM

There will likely be large write downs in non-cash items again as the shareprice has dropped so much and also because they have sold off OSB. This will effect the bottom line. The media will spin this negatively and people will falsely use the bottom line as an indication of a declining business.

They may separate out the information more on streaming vs non streaming customers. In the past they have reported it together and have been vague. It may show increased cost and very low margin. This may put off the "growth story".

Broadband setup cost and other restructure cost might be larger than expected.

Satellite churn maybe more negative as new uptakes might have slowed down because of the Auckland lockdown and more people don't want tradesman in their house etc.

They may update the market on cost saving from canceled sport events. There might not be any savings.

There maybe more bad debts as people can't afford Sky anymore.

Overall however, very little downside, most bad news has already been well baked into the shareprice.

Chuckles
09-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Good work man!

Order filled :t_up: Back to work!

Chuckles
09-09-2020, 01:31 PM

Good work mate. Bring on Thursday!

flyinglizard
09-09-2020, 01:31 PM
I noticed that SKT.ASX also has large sellers at $0.155. Must be institutions. They tried to press down the SP before the result announced tomorrow. They have not done the updated valuation yet, they cannot buy as much as retail investors now, ( they have some principles, right?) but they have sufficient power to stop SP pumping.

Sharesies army does not come into SKT this morning, CBD goes well and US tech dumped last night. It seems that they prefer CBD over SKT so far. The only chance SKT attracts them, would be SKT runs faster than CBD.

see weed
09-09-2020, 01:38 PM
Why not. Stock is still trading below TERP
What price has been put on SKT TERP?

mistaTea
09-09-2020, 01:38 PM
There will likely be large write downs in non-cash items again as the shareprice has dropped so much and also because they have sold off OSB. This will effect the bottom line. The media will spin this negatively and people will falsely use the bottom line as an indication of a declining business.

I was thinking about this earlier. Initially, I had assumed there would be another decent sized Goodwill write down due to the low SP.

But then they confirmed guidance. And the guidance refers to GAAP earnings (not underlying 'Owner Earnings').

So that makes me think there will be no asset write down...this time.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 01:41 PM
What price has been put on SKT TERP?

17.2 cents

Ogg
09-09-2020, 01:42 PM
I was thinking about this earlier. Initially, I had assumed there would be another decent sized Goodwill write down due to the low SP.

But then they confirmed guidance. And the guidance refers to GAAP earnings (not underlying 'Owner Earnings').

So that makes me think there will be no asset write down...this time.

Yeah maybe. Accounting not my strong suit.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 01:45 PM
OSB was sold off after EOY. In fact, settlement hasn't even happened. So year, maybe no write downs.

Ogg
09-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Maybe the goodwill will actually go up as they will put broadband in there, lol

tqtq
09-09-2020, 01:53 PM
I noticed that SKT.ASX also has large sellers at $0.155. Must be institutions. They tried to press down the SP before the result announced tomorrow. They have not done the updated valuation yet, they cannot buy as much as retail investors now, ( they have some principles, right?) but they have sufficient power to stop SP pumping.

Sharesies army does not come into SKT this morning, CBD goes well and US tech dumped last night. It seems that they prefer CBD over SKT so far. The only chance SKT attracts them, would be SKT runs faster than CBD.

Mostly bots I'd say on the ASX at the current prices as there's lots of small amounts. If you hold 30,000 shares, there's little difference between 0.155 and 0.15