PDA

View Full Version : SKT Sky Network Television Limited.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 10:45 AM
there is no way Sky would ever say that the property sale is guaranteed before it has actually finalized a sale. That is simply common sense it would refer to it as “potential”

I agree with you.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 10:46 AM
"I noted at the Investor Day that Sky hasreceived unsolicited approaches aroundpotential transactions in the past year, all ofwhich were highly conditional and incomplete.We also advised that Sky is open to reviewingstrategic investment partnerships thatwill deliver sustained ongoing growth tothe company, which in turn will acceleratethe creation of shareholder values. Jardenhave been appointed as strategic advisorsand they continue to assess options."

LOL Philip, as if anyone believes Jarden is still "assessing" anything right now.

Clearly Sky blew a M&A opportunity, and now we just carry on.

Our posts crossed at the same time lol. You must have a Businessdesk subscription too!

Alpha
25-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Would be great to have some sort of updated from Jarden and Sky about these. What, who etc etc. Rather than use just speculating all the time surely we deserve an update.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Ogg must have dumped his shares now? Didn't the cage gifs and countdown timer indicate that he was OUT regardless if no takeover announced today?

I tuned out there for a while, so not sure I am up to date.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 10:49 AM
Earnings call starts in 15 minutes - will have more details then, even if it’s just that “still being assessed by Jarden”

If the analysts actually ask the damn questions unlike last time

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 10:51 AM
If the analysts actually ask the damn questions unlike last time

If it is just Arie Dekker and Brian Han on the call then God help us.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 10:53 AM
If it is just Arie Dekker and Brian Han on the call then God help us.

Lol, Brian is the worst.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Lol, Brian is the worst.

He is evidence that there really is absolutely no reason for anyone to be unemployed.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Sophie also usually does a bit of a show and tell each presentation so we can learn how many Maori words she learned last week.

Let's see how she does today!

Alpha
25-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Awesome start video. Got me hyped. Interesting choice of words

Much much more.
Its just the beginning.

Alpha
25-08-2021, 11:18 AM
CFO - still interim.....?

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:21 AM
CFO - still interim.....?

Why get a new CFO when your negotiating in the background....

Alpha
25-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Why get a new CFO when your negotiating in the background....

Agree it is only a matter of time before something happens. Hopefully soon

Alpha
25-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Property sale expected to be updated by AGM.

LaserEyeKiwi
Expect to be able to update market on property sale by AGM in October

jimdog31
Couldnt do site tours????? WTF? We went into lockdown on the 18th?

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Couldnt do site tours????? WTF? We went into lockdown on the 18th?

Who in their right mind would do a site tour a couple of days before making a large offer??

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:36 AM
FCF Target 2022 $85-95m

mistaTea
Who in their right mind would do a site tour a couple of days before making a large offer??

Don't worry mate, Brian coming on the call soon.

He will ask the 'hard questions' and get these guys talking!

DeathByWarriors
"Couldn't do site tours" - anyone who buys the site will be demolishing everything anyway

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:38 AM
Noone Cares Arie, ask about the takeover. God hes irritating "i guess" "to to to' "and and and" "you you you"

Just give it to us straight mate??!

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:39 AM
"Couldn't do site tours" - anyone who buys the site will be demolishing everything anyway

Exactly. What the heck

sb9
25-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Noone Cares Arie, ask about the takeover. God hes irritating "i guess" "to to to' "and and and" "you you you"

Haha, he's doing great job fudging the questions, isn't he?

biker
25-08-2021, 11:46 AM

Hahahaha Exactly!!!!

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 11:46 AM
Man is Randy Andy the CEO or Sophie?

He just jumps right in!

biker
25-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Sounds like property proceeds will come back to us eventually

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 11:48 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. This is Gold!

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:50 AM
These analysts are so focused on micro details!! Olympic costs in 2024?? seriously?

AN easy question - "What's the reasoning for a Share consolidation"

clown
25-08-2021, 11:52 AM
No takeover questions yet :t_down:

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 11:53 AM
No takeover questions yet :t_down:

To be fair, outside a few members on ST...nobody thinks a takeover is in the works.

clown
25-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Yeah that's true lol...

To be fair, outside a few members on ST...nobody thinks a takeover is in the works.

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 11:57 AM
Oh excellent to hear they will likely be hanging onto to HBO content! Even in a non-exclusive deal, That would be massive.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 11:57 AM
SERIOUSLY? Those were the analysts questions?

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 11:58 AM
WTF!? Not a single question about takeovers??? Are you Fning kidding me????

Balance
25-08-2021, 11:59 AM

Because there is no takeover. Would have happened by now if there was going to be one.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 12:00 PM

"we note you use the word CONTINUE to assess options...…"

But no - please tell us where 2024 Olympics costs will be in a bridge to nowhere.

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Because there is no takeover. Would have happened by now if there was going to be one.

why would it have happened by now? Takeover offer could come at any point. my frustration is they have already had transaction proposals that were being “assessed” and yet not a single analyst question bothered asking about them.

moimoi
25-08-2021, 12:02 PM
How is RugbyPass going....?

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 12:02 PM
why would it have happened by now? Takeover offer could come at any point. my frustration is they have already had transaction proposals that were being “assessed” and yet not a single analyst question bothered asking about them.

The site tours thing really ripped me a new one. Im going to need stitches to fix

Alpha
25-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Why cant we ask questions ffs

clown
25-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Arie must be getting a good bundle offer from Sky in return to ask those questions.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 12:16 PM
If they simply do a capital return to shareholders with the property sale proceeds it really is a non-event since the 'gain' is a non-recurring.

If they can't do any material investments with it (which Andy pretty much said they can't...the 'big' investments they are planning relate to extending broadband and the new STB...nothing about acquiring anything else...)...

.... well, then the only way to return capital in a way that increases per share value is a buyback.

But shares are already going to drop to 174.6M after the consolidation. So there aren't very many shares to buy back!

To be fair, they can't really say too much until they have a signed deal.

I reckon they will just do a divvy. The SP will be $1.60/share...so they will say hey guys, look we 10x'd the SP so it isn't undervalued now. he he he. Doesn't make sense for a buyback now! Take your divvy, and don't worry we will send a third of it to Cindy on your behalf! he he he.

Christ I hope I am wrong.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 12:25 PM
Oh excellent to hear they will likely be hanging onto to HBO content! Even in a non-exclusive deal, That would be massive.

Sounds like they will be announcing a deal with Comcast soon.

Just not the one Egg wanted!

AHH HUHUHUHUHUH (https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ohc1h0Aw9zcel27ss/giphy.gif)!

Alpha
25-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Who just dumped

allfromacell
25-08-2021, 12:57 PM
Damnit OGG! I hadn't finished selling yet!!! Might have to keep some in the bottom draw for the eventual takeover...

ScrappyO
25-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Might Get our dollar if it goes to 10 cents then consolidates.

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 01:10 PM
One wonders if the desire of Sky to leaseback the studio is causing some issues with the property sale - I’m sure those looking at the entire block would want to redevelop the site fully in the near term and don’t want sky as a tenant. Hopefully Sky can negotiate a short tenancy and move its operations quickly to a new site.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Looks like I will give these guys until 28 October, and then I have a decision to make.

If they just do some kind of one-off capital return, it may be that I wait for the cheque and then sell my position as, in my mind, they will have demonstrated that Sky's future will continue to be bleak despite the cash.

I stated a while back that in this day and age, you now either need to own the content or the distribution network to be able to grow and succeed.

ST members like Ogg prefer the content ownership path, and this has a lot of merit. This could be achieved by actively seeking a sale to Comcast...or some kind of JV partnership where Sky gets exclusive 'free' access to their entire content library. The market would view this favourably.

Without repeating myself too much, the other option (which I prefer) is to become a telco. This could have been achieved by doing a deal with Vocus. But the market would also view it favourably if Sky owned the distribution network.

And think on this - prior to fast internet c. 2015...Sky did exactly this...they owned the distribution network (satellite). As there was no real alternative for premium TV, their profits and FCF was embarrassingly high. Now, they had a monopoly on the network then and they would not now...so i am not suggesting they would earn the same kind of money again...but owning a broadband network to complement their satellite network would be a good thing.

It is clear that they screwed up a sale of Sky.

It is clear that they are not going to venture into telco.

So that doesn't leave much to look forward to. Sky continuing on as an aggregator with 3%-5% of their base taking their wholesale broadband offer is not much to be excited about. Sky will probably 'muddle along' down this path, but they won't achieve much meaningful growth that hits the bottom line and the market will continue to value the business as though it will be broke in 5 years.

DeathByWarriors
25-08-2021, 01:17 PM
One wonders if the desire of Sky to leaseback the studio is causing some issues with the property sale - I’m sure those looking at the entire block would want to redevelop the site fully in the near term and don’t want sky as a tenant. Hopefully Sky can negotiate a short tenancy and move its operations quickly to a new site.

I don't see the leaseback as that much of an issue. Gives the purchaser some income while they go through the consenting/rezoning process which can take quite a long time (particularly the rezoning if they go that way).

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:20 PM
I don't see the leaseback as that much of an issue. Gives the purchaser some income while they go through the consenting/rezoning process which can take quite a long time (particularly the rezoning if they go that way).

Yes agreed. And if Sky are selling the campus they will already have plans in place in terms of where they want to move to. They would have made advanced plans on where to move to before selling the entire campus.

I imagine they want a more central location so that they can attract more talent (worker talent, not hot chicks to be clear :t_up:)

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Market has obviously just clicked that the current Board of Directors have no real plan.

Entrep
25-08-2021, 01:31 PM
This seems like dead money for the next 12 months

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Let’s hope this dog continues to tank so management actually feel the heat to address the takeover offers properly to the market. Right now the market is speaking loud and clear about the silence.

I still think it’s completely unacceptable that the expressions of interest weren’t described in more detail to the market.

Why is it taking Jarden so long to “assess” them? Should be obvious whether they are viable or not by now. Either “yes - they should be considered” or “no - they are below market value for the assets”. Is it taking so long because fhey are in discussions to improve the offers? Perhaps that would account for the ongoing “assessment” status?

Monarch
25-08-2021, 01:38 PM
This seems like dead money for the next 12 months

My thoughts exactly. Slight upside if board achieves or exceeds guidance, or the property sale is really valuable, larger downside if they fail to achieve guidance. Not sure what my next move is just yet. Whilst I still think Sky will produce cashflow for quite some time, I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the board. Why have the 200m bank facility if your going to hold onto every penny of FCF, they gave no indication of any large ticket acquisitions that would require such an iron grip on retaining earnings. A regretful purchase at this point, especially the small portion I bought at 17.2 :scared:

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:42 PM
My thoughts exactly. Slight upside if board achieves or exceeds guidance, or the property sale is really valuable, larger downside if they fail to achieve guidance. Not sure what my next move is just yet. Whilst I still think Sky will produce cashflow for quite some time, I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the board. Why have the 200m bank facility if your going to hold onto every penny of FCF, they gave no indication of any large ticket acquisitions that would require such an iron grip on retaining earnings. A regretful purchase at this point, especially the small portion I bought at 17.2 :scared:

Totally agree.

At this point, it is hard to see how this board of directors are up to the task.

They won't sell the business. They won't buy anything. They hoard all FCF and won't use ANY leverage to grow the business in a meaningful way.

If we are lucky we MIGHT get some kind of a payment next year. But they will probably disappoint is there too - either by the amount they give us or the mechanism for distribution (i.e a loathsome dividend).

clown
25-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Seems like they want to hold on to any profits made for when things go south, they can pay director fees and salaries until the ship sinks. They talk about shareholder value but nothing's been done.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Seems like they want to hold on to any profits made for when things go south, they can pay director fees and salaries until the ship sinks. They talk about shareholder value but nothing's been done.

SP was already under pressure when this lot took over, but the crash accelerated under them.

Over the last two years they have overseen one of the biggest examples of wealth destruction in NZ corporate history I think.

And what have they done to change that sentiment? Certainly not practical things like reinstate some kind of a dividend at a minimum...

Nope, just bang on about deal renewals that they have had to overpay for.

What a mess.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 01:47 PM

Couldnt agree more! Surely they could engage that debt facility now when interest rates are at a low to do something meaningful? especially when inflation is rampant.

SURELY they arent this incompetent?????

clown
25-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Even when asked about the property sale and the money being used for dividends in todays meeting, he was quite hesitant. The tone of his voice didn't translate as YES to me lol...

SP was already under pressure when this lot took over, but the crash accelerated under them.

Over the last two years they have overseen one of the biggest examples of wealth destruction in NZ corporate history I think.

And what have they done to change that sentiment? Certainly not practical things like reinstate some kind of a dividend at a minimum...

What a mess.

jimdog31

What a mess.

they were obsessed with all the EBITDA bridges........

mistaTea
SURELY they arent this incompetent?????

It seems highly likely that Martin left so suddenly because they are incompetent. I reckon he just gave up as it was like hitting his head against a brick wall.

He resigned from a $1.5M a year job in December, yet only actually left the country 6 months later.

Certainly did not need to leave so abruptly (I mean Sophia 'kia kaha' Moloney too over the next day for all practical matters)... unless he couldn't deal with the board anymore.

Alpha
25-08-2021, 01:53 PM
They have also blamed COVID for things and we have not been able to hold them accountable as have to just watch on a screen while some ......... analyst ask questions none of us care about.

We need to start emailing management and demanding better.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 01:54 PM
It seems highly likely that Martin left so suddenly because they are incompetent. I reckon he just gave up as it was like hitting his head against a brick wall.

He resigned from a $1.5M a year job in December, yet only actually left the country 6 months later.

Certainly did not need to leave so abruptly (I mean Sophia 'kia kaha' Moloney too over the next day for all practical matters)... unless he couldn't deal with the board anymore.

Dare we say thats why handley left too????

Mind you that wouldn't explain him buying shares afterwards

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 01:55 PM
They have also blamed COVID for things and we have not been able to hold them accountable as have to just watch on a screen while some ......... analyst ask questions none of us care about.

We need to start emailing management and demanding better.

When Arie dekker came back for round 2 I died on the inside. They should make him text in his questions so they actually get to the damn point!

Entrep
25-08-2021, 01:55 PM
This board hasn't just nothing for the past 24 months, they've done NOTHING for the past decade. What an utterly uninspiring lot they all are.

General Ogg its time to rally your Sharetrader troops together and for us to collectively become activist shareholders. It's a natural evolution really.

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 01:57 PM
The fact theyve given ZERO commentary over the share consolidation and the reasoning behind it boggles the mind?

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:57 PM
Dare we say thats why handley left too????

Mind you that wouldn't explain him buying shares afterwards

Dunno, but if you look at the Board...none of these guys have any media experience.

I should have just listened to Jack Bogle and bought an index fund.

mistaTea
25-08-2021, 01:58 PM
When Arie dekker came back for round 2 I died on the inside. They should make him text in his questions so they actually get to the damn point!

But what if he texts the same way he speaks.

Duh, duh, duh duh...

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 01:59 PM
Need to rename this thread “Abused Sky shareholders support group”

nztx
25-08-2021, 01:59 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/377930

Sky Network Television Limited (“SKT”) Share Consolidation

On Wednesday, 25 August 2021 Sky Network Television Limited (“SKT”) announced that they will undergo a capital decrease of shares (“share consolidation”).

Shareholders will receive one SKT ordinary share for every ten SKT ordinary shares held at 5pm on the Record Date of Thursday, 16 September 2021.

In order for the Share Consolidation to be processed SKT will be halted from pre-market open on Ex Date, Friday, 15 September 2021.
On Friday, 17 September 2021, trading will resume in SKT ordinary shares.

CONGRATULATIONS - You will soon have a TENTH of the SHARES you had previously

Told you all this was likely ;)

That leaves a mangy old mining dog to do the same with it's billions of near worthless clutter ;)

jimdog31
25-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Im about ready to put my jungle drumstick to good use......

I still can't let the "site tours cant be completed" BS go........

26/03/2021 "we are selling properties"

09/08/2021 "Collier will now complete a targeted Expression of Interest campaign with potential purchasers which will close at 4pm Monday 23rd Aug 20221

18/08/2021 Lockdown Begins

23/08/2021 Expression of interest closes

25/08/2021 Results call " site tours cant be completed with lockdown"

WHAT THE FRICK WERE POTENTIAL PURCHASERS DOING BETWEEN 26/03/2021 & 18/08/2021???? And specifically between 9-17/8??

bulyak
25-08-2021, 02:08 PM
Has there been any mention of the trial product of using the satellite dishes as a way to provide broadband as an alternative to fiber? Thought I read they were trialing this 18 months ago. Sounded quite innovative and would have had significant margins and very disruptive to the fiber 5G roll out?

LaserEyeKiwi
25-08-2021, 02:27 PM
Has there been any mention of the trial product of using the satellite dishes as a way to provide broadband as an alternative to fiber? Thought I read they were trialing this 18 months ago. Sounded quite innovative and would have had significant margins and very disruptive to the fiber 5G roll out?

it’s not feasible.

Monarch
25-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Why did half the people active in this thread just get banned? Surely not a coincidence?

ScrappyO
25-08-2021, 03:41 PM
ogg must have cranked up again and took some members with him

DeathByWarriors
25-08-2021, 03:44 PM
What is going on here?!?

Slim
25-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Chats a bit morbid today, in any case the proposition for a share consolidation and a larger divy as a result post property sale as put out my Mister t could still be on the agenda. I think however the way this chat went this morning, most of us were still hoping for some corporate activity of some kind.

moimoi
25-08-2021, 04:08 PM

If they end up selling the property the Bank will require the limit of the $200m facility to be reduced (see pg 29 "results" presentation), possibly considerably.

moimoi
25-08-2021, 04:12 PM

Or they paid him $2.8m to clear his desk.. ("agreed exit" wouldn't normally refer to a resignation imo)

Quantitative Easing
25-08-2021, 04:14 PM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/node/231470

Last 10 seconds- "there are ongoing conversations that Jarden is managing".

Quantitative Easing
25-08-2021, 04:17 PM
This suggests that a possible takeover is in the cards. I do not want to speculate too much and be banned by the moderators. Maybe $2.50/share*

*​post consolidation

Alpha
25-08-2021, 04:57 PM
I know alot of us would be happy with 25cents or $2.50

For those of you that dont know have a sub. You can listen to the convo as they have not figured out how to block that.

winner69
25-08-2021, 05:10 PM
Good the speculation about a takeover is continuing

Alpha
25-08-2021, 05:11 PM
It will never die.. this will oneday be made into an HBO hit

Shareguy
25-08-2021, 06:11 PM
A thought is sky not a perfect fit for TVNZ to purchase. TVNZ has indicated that they want to get into the streaming and increase their on demand profile. The New Zealand government wants to see more content especially sports on free to air . Seems like a win-win to me

Entrep
25-08-2021, 06:49 PM
A thought is sky not a perfect fit for TVNZ to purchase. TVNZ has indicated that they want to get into the streaming and increase their on demand profile. The New Zealand government wants to see more content especially sports on free to air . Seems like a win-win to me

A win-win would be TVNZ buying our shares off us and then getting Fair Go to do an 8-part documentary series on this incompetent board.

Alpha
25-08-2021, 08:42 PM
I almost sold today but I am not a fan of selling on a pull back. I still somewhat believe in this company. Don't believe much in the board at this moment but these things can change and we have to remember Sophie has only recently taken over after Martins mess

Hopefully we get more news between now and the AGM. Surely the property sale will go through in this booing market we are having. It is a massive sight, close to CBD and sure not residential but that can be fixed and with a home shortage I am sure it will get through pretty quickly.

Habits
25-08-2021, 09:57 PM
The beleagured shareholders continue to find the cupboards bare with no dividend payout yet Sophie talks and talks

allfromacell
25-08-2021, 10:48 PM
If they end up selling the property the Bank will require the limit of the $200m facility to be reduced (see pg 29 "results" presentation), possibly considerably.

This is an excellent point and explains why the board is likely hesitate on paying out any cash until the property transaction is complete. If the loan facility is slashed then all of a sudden $35M (+ whatever FCF has been generated since) isn't an awful lot especially when launching two new products.

They've probably still got PTSD from the desperate COVID capital raise as well so prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to capital management.

Fair enough I guess, I'm sure once the property sale goes through along with the $7M from NEP hitting the bank account the board will finally have the courage to return a chunk to shareholders! Hopefully in the form of a buyback perhaps getting the SP above $2 once it's completed.

LaserEyeKiwi
26-08-2021, 12:57 AM
Ok so after I read around it seems Sophie has told plenty of media outlets that they are currently in discussions with other parties regarding takeover offers. I am absolutely bewildered there was not a single mention in the earnings report or on the earnings call.

Sophie told stuff.co.nz:

Moloney said there were “some discussions that are ongoing” after it appointed investment bank Jarden to handle approaches from potential investors in June.

She said something similar to NBR (mentioned earlier today in this thread)

Slim
26-08-2021, 06:14 AM
The road block is the property!

Any suitors will have disclosed if they want it by now and let's be honest, 65 to 100mill is too substantial in the overall picture to not be a conditional clause in any talks

Despite shareholder frustrations, what can board actually say...

winner69
26-08-2021, 07:09 AM
Sophie was a bad appointment for CEO

Peter had some wisdom about this

Not much hope for SKT fortunes while she is in charge

Balance
26-08-2021, 07:36 AM
Ok so after I read around it seems Sophie has told plenty of media outlets that they are currently in discussions with other parties regarding takeover offers. I am absolutely bewildered there was not a single mention in the earnings report or on the earnings call.

Sophie told stuff.co.nz:

She said something similar to NBR (mentioned earlier today in this thread)

Have a look at Burgerfuel - appointed KPMG in 2018 to advise on corporate options (ie. merger or takeover) and it is still going! Same update every 6 months about options still being explored. KPMG probably gave up 1.5 years ago after searching for a suitable candidate.

If a takeover or merger was going to happen, it would happen within 6 months, max 1 year. That’s how these things work. After that, it’s scrapping the bottom of the barrel for any kind of deal.

Shareguy
26-08-2021, 08:28 AM
Craigs have turned a corner. Latest research note is outperform at $.23

ScrappyO
26-08-2021, 09:19 AM
Sophie was a bad appointment for CEO

Peter had some wisdom about this

Not much hope for SKT fortunes while she is in charge

Thats what happens when you get a solicitor running a media business.

At least they get the gender tick.

Quantitative Easing
26-08-2021, 09:32 AM

I was impressed with the CFO. What we really need as a CEO is a finance/wall street type that will maximise shareholder gains by pitching SKY to his/her Wall Street mates for an eventual takeover. Then do buybacks in the short term with the property sale. With buy back if we can get share price to 20 cents ($2) then an eventual takeover in the vicinity of 30 cents ($3) is more likely.

LaserEyeKiwi
26-08-2021, 09:39 AM
The road block is the property!

Any suitors will have disclosed if they want it by now and let's be honest, 65 to 100mill is too substantial in the overall picture to not be a conditional clause in any talks

Despite shareholder frustrations, what can board actually say...

sympathetic to this view - if as indicated Sky do return capital after the property sale, then that could lower the market cap even further and make funding for a takeover easier to achieve.

Balance
26-08-2021, 09:54 AM

Be fair - she is doing a strategy reset against very challenging industry conditions. Something previous management should have done (especially that useless Fellett who was with the company for 28 years while running it down).

DeathByWarriors
26-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Is half this forum still banned? Anyone know why?

Count von Count
26-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Sorry, double post. See below.

Count von Count
26-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Craigs have turned a corner. Latest research note is outperform at $.23

Yes, after the 10:1 Share Consolidation...

mikelee
26-08-2021, 10:01 AM
depressing to see the SP stagnant, on the back of another good result, yet SP of struggling companies like AIR has actually gone up! Even with domestic travel gone and capital raise torpedo by the gov't.
I just pray that consolidation next month will not make the SP more susceptible to drop further.

LaserEyeKiwi
26-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Be fair - she is doing a strategy reset against very challenging industry conditions. Something previous management should have done (especially that useless Fellett who was with the company for 28 years while running it down).

It was and still is a classic case of ‘the innovators dilemma” - the only way to combat the subscriber decline of an until-now monopoly pay tv provider due to significantly cheaper streaming competitors was to become a dominant significantly cheaper streaming product that cannibalizes your own high margin product. Very few companies successfully manage to do that, as all the short & medium term incentives are instead do the opposite and attempt to protect your existing legacy product instead. I give them some credit for starting Neon & Sky Sport streaming when they did at least.

Balance
26-08-2021, 10:07 AM
It was and still is a classic case of ‘the innovators dilemma” - the only way to combat the subscriber decline of an until-now monopoly pay tv provider due to significantly cheaper streaming competitors was to become a dominant significantly cheaper streaming product that cannibalizes your own high margin product. Very few companies successfully manage to do that, as all the short & medium term incentives are instead do the opposite and attempt to protect your existing legacy product instead. I give them some credit for starting Neon & Sky Sport streaming when they did at least.

Fellett & the useless Board should have done a reset years ago.

Toolate now and SKT is going to need all the cash in the bank to see through its strategy reset which is still unclear and uncertain.

LaserEyeKiwi
26-08-2021, 10:20 AM
Fellett & the useless Board should have done a reset years ago.

Toolate now and SKT is going to need all the cash in the bank to see through its strategy reset which is still unclear and uncertain.

sell all the sports rights to Spark ASAP (along with sky sport now, rugbypass) for a couple hundred million with a reseller agreement to resell it on skybox, complete the property sale and return $250 million to shareholders. Keep the rest of the business (skybox & NEON, prime, broadband) as a cash cow with minimal capex until it bleeds out.

sb9
26-08-2021, 10:52 AM
I'm picking there'll be slow accumulation as weak hands get taken out and steady march ahead until some big news breaks!!!

Vitamin_A
26-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Ignoring the possibility of a takeover, dividend or capital distribution SKT is currently trading on an EV/EBITDA multiple of 2.0x and that's based off the lower end of FY22 forecasts. Even if you were hugely negative on the outlook for the company you'd think an EV/EBITDA multiple of 3.0x would be justified. Certainly a buyer that could get the whole company at a 3.0x multiple would be laughing all the way to the bank.

On the possibility of a dividend or capital distribution the interim CFO basically confirmed this would happen in answering one of Arie's long winded questions yesterday.

On fundamentals the stock looks dirty cheap and with the possibility of corporate activity or a capital restructure imminent the company is certainly a buy at these levels, imho.

Meh
26-08-2021, 12:13 PM
I think they need to do something drastic. Make or break this share is. Should they become an arbitrage fund? Use 200mill to gamble on that zel takeover. Buy in the 3.40s and hope the sale goes through at 3.78 or even higher.
Might as well use the idle money!

Balance
26-08-2021, 12:20 PM
I'm picking there'll be slow accumulation as weak hands get taken out and steady march ahead until some big news breaks!!!

What big news?

All the big news are out and there's not heck of a lot of sp momentum on the back of the news!

sb9
26-08-2021, 12:20 PM
What big news?

All the big news are out and there's not heck of a lot of sp momentum on the back of the news!

Expect the unexpected...

Joshuatree
26-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Is half this forum still banned? Anyone know why?

looks like OGG and tea i think for a week.Ogg so addicted to his Gifs , especially N Cage whose new movie is called Pig fwiw.

Not The Chosen One
26-08-2021, 12:58 PM
Share consolidation

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/378007

airedale
26-08-2021, 01:00 PM
When does the window open for the board members to buy shares?

Balance
26-08-2021, 01:02 PM
When does the window open for the board members to buy shares?

You mean sell shares?

As of results’ announcement.

Vitamin_A
26-08-2021, 01:22 PM
Ignoring the possibility of a takeover, dividend or capital distribution SKT is currently trading on an EV/EBITDA multiple of 2.0x and that's based off the lower end of FY22 forecasts. Even if you were hugely negative on the outlook for the company you'd think an EV/EBITDA multiple of 3.0x would be justified. Certainly a buyer that could get the whole company at a 3.0x multiple would be laughing all the way to the bank.

On the possibility of a dividend or capital distribution the interim CFO basically confirmed this would happen in answering one of Arie's long winded questions yesterday.

On fundamentals the stock looks dirty cheap and with the possibility of corporate activity or a capital restructure imminent the company is certainly a buy at these levels, imho.

Habits
26-08-2021, 01:29 PM
Morningstar released a BUY notice and 30 cent valuation yesterday ... woohoo or it would be if any big fish were lurking

Dlownz
26-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Morningstar released a BUY notice and 30 cent valuation yesterday ... woohoo or it would be if any big fish were lurking

Morning stars a joke. They've had BUY on sky for over two years.

airedale
26-08-2021, 01:47 PM
You mean sell shares?

As of results’ announcement.

Well no, I was hoping that the board would step up to the plate and show some confidence.

Alpha
26-08-2021, 01:55 PM
Probably cannot buy while negotiations are "on going"

Probably why Dereck, heck even Martin left knowing the company is being stripped to sell. VWAP holding at .160
Yesterday was just the week and tired hands selling.

AGM 28th of October. Will be attending and hopefully in person none of this zoom meeting crap.

airedale
26-08-2021, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Balance;903921]You mean sell shares?

As of results’ announcement.[/QU
Delete.... posted twice

nztx
26-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys - I've flown back :)

*Reminder to self - DO *NOT* reply post on postings from fellows using certain picture formats*

Market seems to like the prospect of less script on the loose out there, today

justin5
26-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Duplicate ...

Quantitative Easing
27-08-2021, 09:00 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/378056

Thank you David Warner for the partnership with your media company.

sb9
27-08-2021, 09:05 AM

Nice one Sky, another step in right direction.

Joshuatree
27-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Can't wait for my new set top box.
Sky "I'm sticking with you,cause I'm made out of glue" Velvet Underground

LaserEyeKiwi
27-08-2021, 09:21 AM

wow - amazing! This is the best possible result!! Warner/HBOMax content plus Sky starts creating some original content with a quality international partner! Fantastic.

Not only very important for Neon of course, but also for skybox subs beyond sport. Wouldn’t be surprised if Sky capitalized on this by redesigning the skybox bundles so Movies & Soho are combined into a single entity (essentially Neon for skybox)

EDIT: I actually just realized after typing the above that it would make complete sense for Sky to offer sky sport now and neon on their upcoming new skybox hardware platform as streaming products. Currently Sky pays a percentage of its revenue to Vodafone, Apple or Google etc for people that sign up & pay via there platforms - it makes total sense for Sky to have a hardware product where they can offer that to customers directly without paying any commission to a third party. Potentially that means Sky offers the new skybox to non-subscribers for a one off fee or as a monthly rental. Perhaps even with a very basic channel package.

BigBob
27-08-2021, 09:30 AM

Yup, great news...!! Probably close sub 0.16 on that...

Alpha
27-08-2021, 10:21 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/sky-tv-signs-hbo-max-deal-with-some-direct-to-consumer-streaming-wars-fine-print/NQGQXSWXJYRUP2K5ZRSGHDIKDE/

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/media/sky-locks-in-hbo-for-a-few-more-years

Both premium but good to be in the news a bit more and for more positive things

The diver
27-08-2021, 10:30 AM

Haha. It always seems to be the way with this stock sadly.

winner69
27-08-2021, 10:36 AM

That's because even if the news is exciting the market doesn't think it'll make any difference to SKT's profitability ...maybe the market is right and it's just another feel good story that means squat all

BigBob
27-08-2021, 10:58 AM
That's because even if the news is exciting the market doesn't think it'll make any difference to SKT's profitability ...maybe the market is right and it's just another feel good story that means squat all

Indeed, but it's still fairly ironic that all announcements, good or bad, seem to result in a similar drop in SP...

Joshuatree
27-08-2021, 11:05 AM
And I would rather be in then out when that inflexion point I believe will come,the response will be swift imo.

winner69
27-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Nice that Martin left with a cheque for $2.8m

LaserEyeKiwi
27-08-2021, 11:39 AM

I view the content renewal deals (like the one announced today) as not additive to already guided profitability, but instead are crucial deals to achieving what they already guided for. If they lost access to Warner’s content it would have been a big blow and worthy of downgrading sky’s future prospects. others might disagree, but I think the deal announced today is probably sky’s 2nd or 3rd most important content deal (with NZ Rugby deal being the far and away the most important of course).

Entrep
27-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Nice that Martin left with a cheque for $2.8m

Seems fair compensation for overseeing the greatest destruction in shareholder value in Sky ever, in record time too. Legend status.

allfromacell
27-08-2021, 11:54 AM
I view the content renewal deals (like the one announced today) as not additive to already guided profitability, but instead are crucial deals to achieving what they already guided for. If they lost access to Warner’s content it would have been a big blow and worthy of downgrading sky’s future prospects. others might disagree, but I think the deal announced today is probably sky’s 2nd or 3rd most important content deal (with NZ Rugby deal being the far and away the most important of course).

Absolutely, it's the only reason I subscribe to Neon. I still think the price is too expensive for a platform that can't even support 4k let alone HDR content like every other platform.

winner69
27-08-2021, 12:21 PM

That reads like Sky’s future isn’t that great and lives on hoping they won’t lose any content deals.

nztx
27-08-2021, 12:39 PM
Indeed, but it's still fairly ironic that all announcements, good or bad, seem to result in a similar drop in SP...

may be a different story post consolidation IMO

LaserEyeKiwi
27-08-2021, 01:00 PM
That reads like Sky’s future isn’t that great and lives on hoping they won’t lose any content deals.

Yes, that is exactly how I see it.

Thankfully all the important content deals are now wrapped up for a few years, now there is a multi-year wait for the cricket & rugby deals to be up for renewal again. I think it’s right for the company to trade at a discount to a regular market earnings multiple while it’s access to its most important content remains in the hands of others and could be lost at the next renewal date. There is no way around that, unless it manages a much longer rights deal for rugby (10 years+) or if it somehow managed to create a new highly popular piece of content that it owned 100% of in perpetuity (eg a new sports league of some type.)

iamaskier
27-08-2021, 01:47 PM
Yes, that is exactly how I see it.

Thankfully all the important content deals are now wrapped up for a few years, now there is a multi-year wait for the cricket & rugby deals to be up for renewal again. I think it’s right for the company to trade at a discount to a regular market earnings multiple while it’s access to its most important content remains in the hands of others and could be lost at the next renewal date. There is no way around that, unless it manages a much longer rights deal for rugby (10 years+) or if it somehow managed to create a new highly popular piece of content that it owned 100% of in perpetuity (eg a new sports league of some type.)

Alongside all the gifs (which i also enjoy) I just want to say I appreciate your SKT assessments and all your contributions to this thread. Cheers!:t_up:

Baa_Baa
27-08-2021, 01:52 PM
I think it’s right for the company to trade at a discount to a regular market earnings multiple while it’s access to its most important content remains in the hands of others and could be lost at the next renewal date.

Under that constraint, would it not be by extension that it will therefore always trade at a discount, as all of its content is contracted. Isn't that part and parcel with being an aggregator?

mikelee
27-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Being an aggregator has it's advantages, as consumers might not necessarily want to deal with all the content providers separately, not to mention the possible cost saving in acquiring contents thru an aggregator. The key is to make the SKY experience enjoyable, hence critical for the new box to impress when it comes out next year.

Baa_Baa
27-08-2021, 03:46 PM
HBO Max Original on Neon available now, got an email at 3:30pm. Good job Sky for rolling this out so quickly, on the day of the announcement. Should be fun having a nosey at what's available this evening.

Alpha
27-08-2021, 03:49 PM
This is great news bring on the wet weekend watching Neon

Monarch
27-08-2021, 04:11 PM
I'd say there is a good chance Sky will benefit from ongoing COVID restrictions. I think even once the vaccination rate is high, large gatherings IE sports matches with audiences will not be allowed for fear of super spread events. The next best option is watching it live with some friends, this might provide a tailwind to the STB subs. Search interest in Neon remains elevated but has died down significantly from the first few days of lockdown.
I'm still very on the fence about holding this.

Remote
27-08-2021, 04:19 PM
HBO Max Original on Neon available now, got an email at 3:30pm. Good job Sky for rolling this out so quickly, on the day of the announcement. Should be fun having a nosey at what's available this evening.

SKT shareholders should be concerned with this tale...

After reading Baa_Baa's comment above I thought I'd ring Sky and see if I could get a deal on Neon since I've been a Sky subscriber for years.

I ring Sky. The woman answers the phone with "Yeah" and that's it.

I go "is that Sky TV" and she goes "Yeah" again.

I then explain how I've been a long term satelite subscriber and wondered if I could get a deal to add on Neon. She says "if you want Neon just go and sign up". I said "yeah, I know, but I am a looking for a deal."

She asks for my Sky account #. I give it her and then she says "yes, you've been with Sky a long time".

I go, "I know".

She goes "Ok, as a once only special deal I'll give you $35 off your Sky subscription for the next 12 months."

I'm thinking okkk... I say "I'll take it". She then tells me to listen to the terms and conditions. I do.

She then comes back and says "that's it, its done."

I said "great, now what about if I want to get Neon?."

She says "You can sign up on the website."

Monarch
27-08-2021, 04:21 PM
Maybe she has heard about the takeover discussions and is expecting to be made redundant any day now:t_up:

Alpha
27-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Maybe she is sick of long term customers asking for special treatment. No one cares sorry you could threaten to cancel but where are you going to go?

$35 off PM easily affords you Neon with some change to spare.

Everyone wants something for free. You have just received a discount and sure it is annoying having to ask but that is business. Dont ask dont get.

Disc - I tried to get SKY broadband for free no luck either. But I did get it cheaper as I am a SKY customer.
I asked as a Sharehold I should be offered something but no luck with that one either.

Remote
27-08-2021, 04:30 PM
What's with the aggro?

I thought it was funny, given I was looking for a couple of free months worth of Neon and she misunderstood and gave me over 10x that!

I am going to sign up to Neon and FWIW, I am a shareholder lol

Alpha
27-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Sorry should have taken a breath before typing it has been a long day in the office at home. :/

Let my temper get the better of me, probably as I have had to pay for these things and haven't got anything free. Good on you for trying though and enjoy Neon it has been improving and there is great content on it compared to others. It still has a bit to go but hopefully when/ if the big guns take over we will be on there platforms or Neon will get further upgraded.

Remote
27-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Sorry should have taken a breath before typing it has been a long day in the office at home. :/

Let my temper get the better of me, probably as I have had to pay for these things and haven't got anything free. Good on you for trying though and enjoy Neon it has been improving and there is great content on it compared to others. It still has a bit to go but hopefully when/ if the big guns take over we will be on there platforms or Neon will get further upgraded.

If it makes you feel any better I have been paying through the nose for Sky every day for 30 years, except when I've been offshore which was about 5 years in the middle.

Alpha
27-08-2021, 04:41 PM
That does make me feel slightly better. You soon get Neon for free. ;)

Parents have been overpaying for a similar time and still are. I tried to review their account at one point to which Dad said just leave it. I guess he is happy paying to much and why mess with it if things work. I think he even has the dual room but only watches one TV. That is just stupid unless he has a scret tv in the Bathroom ?

Remote
27-08-2021, 04:45 PM
That does make me feel slightly better. You soon get Neon for free. ;)

Parents have been overpaying for a similar time and still are. I tried to review their account at one point to which Dad said just leave it. I guess he is happy paying to much and why mess with it if things work. I think he even has the dual room but only watches one TV. That is just stupid unless he has a scret tv in the Bathroom ?

got the dual room too lol... but we use it

Jay
27-08-2021, 05:46 PM
They sent a survey recently about rewarding customers - one option was $10 off 1 month bill every 12 months if loyal. I commented that being a long term subscriber I thought something a bit better might be in order,
Also mentioned about knowing about ringing up for a better deal, threatening to leave etc and getting a reasonable discount etc - may fall on deaf ears but who knows!

LaserEyeKiwi
27-08-2021, 06:38 PM
SKT shareholders should be concerned with this tale...

After reading Baa_Baa's comment above I thought I'd ring Sky and see if I could get a deal on Neon since I've been a Sky subscriber for years.

I ring Sky. The woman answers the phone with "Yeah" and that's it.

I go "is that Sky TV" and she goes "Yeah" again.

I then explain how I've been a long term satelite subscriber and wondered if I could get a deal to add on Neon. She says "if you want Neon just go and sign up". I said "yeah, I know, but I am a looking for a deal."

She asks for my Sky account #. I give it her and then she says "yes, you've been with Sky a long time".

I go, "I know".

She goes "Ok, as a once only special deal I'll give you $35 off your Sky subscription for the next 12 months."

I'm thinking okkk... I say "I'll take it". She then tells me to listen to the terms and conditions. I do.

She then comes back and says "that's it, its done."

I said "great, now what about if I want to get Neon?."

She says "You can sign up on the website."

congrats on your great unprompted discount! Ha.

as a shareholder that leaves me a bit perturbed of course.

One question: why are you after Neon exactly? Are you subscribed to Soho and/or movies on your skybox? If not, what makes you want Neon instead of Soho/Movies? Price? Or usability? Or both?

Quantitative Easing
27-08-2021, 06:40 PM
This is great news bring on the wet weekend watching Neon

I think the market term is moist.

ratkin
27-08-2021, 06:48 PM
What's with the aggro?

I thought it was funny, given I was looking for a couple of free months worth of Neon and she misunderstood and gave me over 10x that!

I am going to sign up to Neon and FWIW, I am a shareholder lol

I had the same when I rang to cancel sport the other week. Been with us a long time, have 25% off. Basically anyone who rings up and says they want to leave can have 25% off their bill. Just have to agree not to leave for 12 months

Remote
28-08-2021, 06:42 AM
congrats on your great unprompted discount! Ha.

as a shareholder that leaves me a bit perturbed of course.

One question: why are you after Neon exactly? Are you subscribed to Soho and/or movies on your skybox? If not, what makes you want Neon instead of Soho/Movies? Price? Or usability? Or both?

I do have Soho but not movies. Although I find myself not watching Soho much anymore. I have become used to watching things when I want to, not when Sky says I can, probably because of the other on demand options like Netflix etc.

I basically have Sky for the sport. So I thought I'd add Neon to my lineup which already includes Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV.

I'll give it a couple of months and see. All though, if it is anything like the other ones, I'll end up probably just keeping it lol. TBH, I am struggling to find decent things to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV. Probably just enough watchable stuff for me to justify keeping them.

LaserEyeKiwi
28-08-2021, 11:24 AM
I do have Soho but not movies. Although I find myself not watching Soho much anymore. I have become used to watching things when I want to, not when Sky says I can, probably because of the other on demand options like Netflix etc.

I basically have Sky for the sport. So I thought I'd add Neon to my lineup which already includes Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV.

I'll give it a couple of months and see. All though, if it is anything like the other ones, I'll end up probably just keeping it lol. TBH, I am struggling to find decent things to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV. Probably just enough watchable stuff for me to justify keeping them.

ok so NEON will essentially just be adding movies for you. You probably know this, but just in case you didn’t: all the shows on Soho are available on demand inside the SkyGo streaming app. The big difference between NEON and skygo functionality when watching on demand is that the skygo app isn’t yet available on appletv/chromecast etc so you have to stream the shows via Airplay or Chromecast from your phone/computer/tablet to your TV.

Remote
28-08-2021, 01:19 PM
ok so NEON will essentially just be adding movies for you. You probably know this, but just in case you didn’t: all the shows on Soho are available on demand inside the SkyGo streaming app. The big difference between NEON and skygo functionality when watching on demand is that the skygo app isn’t yet available on appletv/chromecast etc so you have to stream the shows via Airplay or Chromecast from your phone/computer/tablet to your TV.

and I'd rather pay $15 a month and not bother with that hassle

snigmac
28-08-2021, 03:12 PM
A few more investment houses are recommending Sky as a buy/outperform, which is a great sign. Fingers crossed this is the inflection point or the inflection point has been passed already. Hoping this pushes to 20c or higher later this year :)

Habits
28-08-2021, 10:19 PM
A few more investment houses are recommending Sky as a buy/outperform, which is a great sign. Fingers crossed this is the inflection point or the inflection point has been passed already. Hoping this pushes to 20c or higher later this year :)

I certainly hope that the SP is a lot higher than 20c after 16 Sept

"Shareholders will receive one SKT ordinary share for every ten SKT ordinary shares held at 5pm on the Record Date of Thursday, 16 September 2021."

nztx
28-08-2021, 11:46 PM
I certainly hope that the SP is a lot higher than 20c after 16 Sept

"Shareholders will receive one SKT ordinary share for every ten SKT ordinary shares held at 5pm on the Record Date of Thursday, 16 September 2021."

I have difficulty seeing SKT as a $2 or higher share post consolidation, unless prospect of a dividend, buyback or t/over materialises .. ;)

Look what happened to EVO post consolidation

Competing T/O bids may be just what the Doctor ordered to bring everyone's wishes to fruition however .. ;)

Look at media stock NZM -- a bit of a turnaround there after years drifting, then the Aussie vulture funds descended and a dividend reappears. No Cap consolidation with NZM, but nevertheless an example of turnaround occurring out of the depths with outside fund's interest playing their part.

IMO Expect more volatility with SKT SP as available current share pool out on the loose is significantly reduced by 90% :)

Will the big boys & funds be interested in having a play with SKT when 90% of shares are cancelled, or will the real players
surface finally to try to stake a claim to the whole box of SKT bits & pieces ? ;)

Quantitative Easing
29-08-2021, 09:08 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300392480/sky-tv-boss-left-with-a-big-28-million-payout

Martin Stewart participated in one of the greatest wealth destruction in the NZX. Walked out with $2.8m. Seems like if you have a fancy British accent you can hustle your way around NZ. Even if your ****house back in the UK you become an expert once you land in NZ.

LaserEyeKiwi
29-08-2021, 11:53 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300392480/sky-tv-boss-left-with-a-big-28-million-payout

Martin Stewart participated in one of the greatest wealth destruction in the NZX. Walked out with $2.8m. Seems like if you have a fancy British accent you can hustle your way around NZ. Even if your ****house back in the UK you become an expert once you land in NZ.

Depending on how bad one thinks he was doing as CEO, then the opinion on the exit payment should be conversely higher.

in other words, if one thinks he was the worst CEO imaginable and was personally responsible for a gigantic loss of shareholder wealth, then getting rid of him for “only” a $2.8m early exit payment was money well spent.

Alpha
30-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Pretty decent Volume so far and SP hit .17

Another green day for SKY this is almost un heard of.

airedale
30-08-2021, 11:04 AM
The wealth destruction had already taken place under John Fellet long before Martin Stewart took over.

cyclist
30-08-2021, 11:50 AM
The wealth destruction had already taken place under John Fellet long before Martin Stewart took over.

Yeah, definitely agree. I'm not really sure where the Martin Stewart bashing has suddenly sprung from (other than a bit of resentment regarding his payout I guess). Things definitely started heading in a better direction under his watch in my view.

I hope Ogg and MistaT are enjoying the present wee bump in share price. Long may it last. Perhaps spurred on by some broker support - finally.

LaserEyeKiwi
30-08-2021, 12:10 PM
I hadn’t realized the new Warners/HBO deal was adding a bunch of new content to sky immediately. Spent the last couple of days watching some of the new “HBOMax Originals” content on Neon. And I see Sky has been advertising the new content like crazy as well.

Check out all the NEON ads on the stuff homepage right now:

Entrep
30-08-2021, 12:13 PM

From around $6 to just over $1 over a decade or so?
$1.20 or so down to 12c in around 12 months?

Rough figures, but which is worse?

Alpha
30-08-2021, 12:17 PM
Started watching Raised by wolfs. HBO max. Loving the new content

sb9
30-08-2021, 12:39 PM
Pretty decent Volume so far and SP hit .17

Another green day for SKY this is almost un heard of.

Seems as though sub-16c might be behind us for now. With today's move to above 17c, I'm back in black and here's hoping a slow march towards the pesky 20c level.

Ah, forgot about share consolidation to occur soon, never mind the 20c level then..

Alpha
30-08-2021, 12:48 PM
Missing Ogg & MistaTea

mikelee
30-08-2021, 12:57 PM
good to hear that the new contents are already online, I was a bit worried about reduced Sports coverage due to the lock down initially :)

Count von Count
30-08-2021, 01:11 PM
Good sized volumes today, and over the last week or so, have tended to be up overall.

Someone is buying...

(NOT suggesting a takeover FWIW)

sb9
30-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Good sized volumes today, and over the last week or so, have tended to be up overall.

Someone is buying...

(NOT suggesting a takeover FWIW)

Volume picking up on ASX too with higher price point

Soolaimon
30-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Missing Ogg & MistaTea

Not really.

Alpha
30-08-2021, 01:28 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/450338/investment-and-sharebroking-company-jarden-securities-censured-penalised-40-000?fbclid=IwAR0bg3Ms8osmcn1ie9f04jSfWXHKSslsmf7Nd rZuBXMRB0jGzwNuttEOOk8

These are the guys currently looking options........

uravgtrader
30-08-2021, 01:44 PM
Wow! Am very surprised the share price is going up here... what's the reason?

Entrep
30-08-2021, 02:02 PM
My guess is we get some news re corporate action or property deal soon.

Akane
30-08-2021, 02:44 PM
Whales are always 2 steps ahead of us retail investors. By the time you know, it's too late.

Alpha
30-08-2021, 03:03 PM
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/-sky-stadium-becomes-wellingtons-first-drive-through-vaccine-centre

RTM
30-08-2021, 03:22 PM
Wow! Am very surprised the share price is going up here... what's the reason?

There’s probably some bad news floating around.

Quantitative Easing
30-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Most interested parties regarding the property are doing their due diligence on the likelihood of a zone change passing. TBH for sky they should have done the zone change first and then sold. Would have been up there with one of the most expensive property sales in the country if that was the case. That much land in Auckland Isthmus area is like hens teeth.

Quantitative Easing
30-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Also could Sky have avoided such a shambolic capital raise if they sold the buildings earlier? It was the worst time to do a capital raise given how depressed the share price was. At least John Fellet cared about the shareholders. I am not sure if the current lot cares about shareholders that much.

Sideshow Bob
30-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Someone should post some meme's. I'm missing Ogg......especially on a green day.

sb9
30-08-2021, 03:39 PM
Someone should post some meme's. I'm missing Ogg......especially on a green day.

Be careful what you wish for, ST Admin isn't very kind with those of late.

LaserEyeKiwi
30-08-2021, 04:06 PM
This might be helping today: https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/300394893/nz-rugby-and-rugby-australia-confirm-super-rugby-pacific-for-2022

12 team comp (5 NZ, 5 OZ, 2 Pacific teams) that will run for 4 months from Feb -> June 2022. No South Africa or Argentina participation, meaning all games will be in NZ primetime viewing time.

nztx
30-08-2021, 06:58 PM
Be careful what you wish for, ST Admin isn't very kind with those of late.

Aha .. that be true too - Trev :)

Baa_Baa
30-08-2021, 07:01 PM
Looks like 'the market' is so far pleased with the Results and strategic direction. The 50, 100 and 200 MA smashed, to the upside.

Shareguy
30-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Rugby: French billionaire Mohed Altrad reveals hidden detail in massive All Blacks sponsorship deal
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12468631

Is this the reason for today’s increase. Less chance of a deal with silver lake

uravgtrader
31-08-2021, 12:52 AM
Hope you all enjoyed the ups of today's share price because it's going to all tumble back down from tomorrow onwards!

errornz
31-08-2021, 02:27 AM
Hope you all enjoyed the ups of today's share price because it's going to all tumble back down from tomorrow onwards!

Do you own sky stock?

LaserEyeKiwi
31-08-2021, 07:11 AM

Bizarre comment. Would you care to elaborate?

Alpha
31-08-2021, 08:24 AM
Hahah the has to be one of the funniest replies ogg ever did.

Bloody rude but still hilarious.

waikare
31-08-2021, 08:32 AM

I for one is very interested to how you have come to this conclusion Uravgtrader, as I intend to get a few more before or after the share split.

Bob50
31-08-2021, 08:54 AM
I for one is very interested to how you have come to this conclusion Uravgtrader, as I intend to get a few more before or after the share split.

Maybe he is using past performance as an indicator of future results- and as this company has had 7 solid years of destroying shareholder wealth - he may have a point.
Always a disappointment.

Disclaimer. Listened to the hype and bought a bundle 15 months ago. Fortunately it now only makes up 1% of my portfolio.

mikelee
31-08-2021, 09:37 AM
just a prank by the sound of it, don't know why you guys pay any attention to the post

Joshuatree
31-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Dumb prank.If s/he was trying to be funny,use a few emoticons next time:D:eek2::cool::);)

sb9
31-08-2021, 10:07 AM
This is racing fast now...

JohnnyTheHorse
31-08-2021, 10:14 AM
I wonder if we could see a speeding ticket here. Would potentially be an interesting response for them given the M&A speculation.

Entrep
31-08-2021, 10:14 AM
when halt?

The Punter
31-08-2021, 10:17 AM
Direct Broking has Cum Capital Return​ under quotations.!!! Have I missed something??

winner69
31-08-2021, 10:22 AM
maybe a few punters buying shares now knowing they going to worth about 2 bucks soon

Shareguy
31-08-2021, 10:22 AM
18.2 not a lot on sell side under 20

LaserEyeKiwi
31-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Direct Broking has Cum Capital Return​ under quotations.!!! Have I missed something??

presumbly referencing the 10 -> 1 share consolidation plan, which technically involves a small capital return where Sky is purchasing a small number of shares where the rounding on the shareholdings isn’t easily divisible by 10.

LaserEyeKiwi
31-08-2021, 10:32 AM
I don’t think the price action is being driven by takeover action (although would love to be proven wrong) - but rather the Warner’s/HBO deal being a really important key asset of sky’s non-sport offering. Many feared Sky would lose access as HBO Max launched as a standalone service.

Monarch
31-08-2021, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't that be priced in the day it was announced rather than days later? Efficient markets hypothesis and all?

Baa_Baa
31-08-2021, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't that be priced in the day it was announced rather than days later? Efficient markets hypothesis and all? It was announced only three trading days ago. Look what the SP has done since.

Alpha
31-08-2021, 10:53 AM
So the market is now in love with SKY again. The long term suffering is due to end. Onwards and upwards back to the good old glory days.....

Alpha
31-08-2021, 10:56 AM
I can almost see 20cents

winner69
31-08-2021, 11:02 AM
It was announced only three trading days ago. Look what the SP has done since.

Takes ACC a few days to sort things out and get buying

Alpha
31-08-2021, 11:16 AM
Dam I thought that was going to be a Cage gif. ;)

airedale
31-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Perhaps that good padre was looking {like some of us} to the SKY and hoping for a second coming {of the share price}.

Alpha
31-08-2021, 11:27 AM
Large block just been placed at .183

Either someone wants out or someone wants to stop the run......

Dammit ogg you said you wouldn't sell. I thought he was going done with the ship.

Alpha
Sorry and just like that it disappears. Or is moved to .182

Alpha
Will be interesting to see how things go over on the asx today.

dompf
31-08-2021, 11:37 AM

Dammit ogg you said you wouldn't sell. I thought he was going done with the ship.

The reason its going up is because Ogg hasn't been posting as soon as he posts watch that ship go red. lol

But seriously SKT actually looks like it might make it off the floor.

Alpha
31-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Infection Point reached.

Edit hahah that should read Inflection but thought I would just leave it there.

Monarch
31-08-2021, 12:03 PM

That block just got annihilated. ONWARDS!!!

Alpha
31-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Whattttttttt cue Cage gif. ;)

Joshuatree
31-08-2021, 12:12 PM
Dont hex the s/p with gif's , havnt you worked it out yet:eek2::cool:

sb9
31-08-2021, 12:13 PM
18c open on ASX, I think we might hit 20c before share consolidation date.

Alpha
31-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Dont hex the s/p with gif's , havnt you worked it out yet:eek2::cool:

Very good point.

Joshuatree
31-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Craigs valn 23c target
Morningstar 30c
Some other rerates too

JohnnyTheHorse
31-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Absolutely blown some key technical levels. I really like these types of rallies where there was a final capitulation dump on results as it clears out a bunch of sellers first. The volume behind this rally suggests that it is 'real' and not just a quick pump. No clear driver for it however apart from broker upgrades so I think it's taking most people by surprise.

sb9
31-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Absolutely blown some key technical levels. I really like these types of rallies where there was a final capitulation dump on results as it clears out a bunch of sellers first. The volume behind this rally suggests that it is 'real' and not just a quick pump. No clear driver for it however apart from broker upgrades so I think it's taking most people by surprise.

What I like most about today's price action is the big volume that keeps pushing price higher and higher.

golden city
31-08-2021, 03:20 PM
Take over offer comming

Akane
31-08-2021, 03:22 PM
As much as I miss Ogg, but if the price goes up, I'll have to choose the SP over him :D

nztx
31-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Market seems to have given some love to SKY .. maybe sellers have woken up to the
90% of their stash about to disappear .. ;)

Quantitative Easing
31-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Take over offer comming

Yeah for sure. Matter of time now.

JohnnyTheHorse
31-08-2021, 03:41 PM
19 cents is a major resistance level. If that clears there is heaps of resistance free upside.

nztx
31-08-2021, 03:48 PM
Remember post consolidation there will be

just under 175 million shares on issue

Adjusting NTA on that - say 60.0 cps

Earnings per share 27.0 cps

and a more manageable bundle of shares on issue for any potential suitor to start chewing away acquiring.

there would be lots of small parcels out there too

If SKT in their tidy up of things eventually decide to rationalise the Registry they could be gone / sold as well

Post Consolidation - say $1.90 SP don't look out of the way for inviting further suitors circling for a piece of the action
when one looks at prices on the rest of the board, or similar media based outfits elsewhere

SKT removing the clutter may well be just what the Doctor ordered to encouraging the party to begin earlier ;)

winner69
31-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Nztx - I think any suitor wouldn’t care a squat how many shares are on issue ..it the bucks that count

But there’s no suitor anyway

JohnnyTheHorse
31-08-2021, 03:59 PM
My understanding is that the consolidation is mainly to enable a 1c spread on the ASX, rather than the current 0.5c. In practice there is no other impact really.

Might actually benefit the NZX soon too if it goes over 20c :t_up:

Alpha
31-08-2021, 04:23 PM
19 cents is a major resistance level. If that clears there is heaps of resistance free upside.

Gone 19. News must be out tomorrow surely....

curious zebra
31-08-2021, 04:28 PM
Market seems to have given some love to SKY .. maybe sellers have woken up to the
90% of their stash about to disappear .. ;)

Not sure i understand your comment about 90% disappearing - surely the consolidation makes no difference to each person's relative shareholding, [despite it being called a Capital return by Jarden]

Watchful
31-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Good as near to 1% of the company traded today. Might tip over the line by closing.

sb9
31-08-2021, 04:44 PM
Be fascinating to watch pre-close today...mouth watering :p

Shareguy
31-08-2021, 04:44 PM
Please explain from nzx coming. Trades are on market which suggest that the bog boys don’t want to sell at these prices

Shareguy
31-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Gregor Paul: Did NZ Rugby just shoot themselves in the foot ahead of resumption of Silver Lake talks?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12468887

Joshuatree
31-08-2021, 05:15 PM
Oh oh ,the counting chickens GIF, Had to happen, heres hoping they still hatch and grow some....

snigmac
31-08-2021, 05:43 PM
20 cents and higher (or $2 and higher), here we come :D.

Dlownz
31-08-2021, 06:01 PM
20 cents and higher (or $2 and higher), here we come :D.

Once Ogg and mista tea come back watch it tank lol

errornz
31-08-2021, 06:03 PM

No doubt after todays progress its red panty night at Mista Teas place tonight.

winner69
31-08-2021, 06:07 PM
When consolidation goes through the charts will show SKY share price declining from $70 to $1

Impressive

nztx
31-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Still quite a bit of haggling, hog trading & arguing over the price of fish to go before Consolidation:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/378007

Shareholders will receive one SKT ordinary share for every ten SKT ordinary shares held at 5pm on the Record Date of Thursday, 16 September 2021.

In order for the Share Consolidation to be processed SKT will be halted from pre-market open on Ex Date, Wednesday, 15 September 2021.

On Friday, 17 September 2021, trading will resume in SKT ordinary shares.

LEMON
31-08-2021, 06:29 PM

Can't you tell, snigmac is a new poster as of a few days ago, it's Ogg's new account lol

snigmac
31-08-2021, 07:34 PM
I can attest that I am not Ogg or MistaTea. I have seen MistaTea around though online... Fingers crossed for tomorrow ��

sb9
01-09-2021, 08:47 AM
Osmium Partners been busy buying over past few days both on NZX and ASX.