PDA

View Full Version : SKT Sky Network Television Limited.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

JohnnyTheHorse
07-10-2021, 09:34 AM
Having a third major Telco may be great for the future prospects of Sky. Increases the need for a point of difference to cross sell and bundle, so either Vodafone or the new 2degrees entity could look at having a crack. Good chance it'd get through comcom this time with 3 major Telco players, Spark Sport and proliferation of international streaming platforms.

jimdog31
07-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Having a third major Telco may be great for the future prospects of Sky. Increases the need for a point of difference to cross sell and bundle, so either Vodafone or the new 2degrees entity could look at having a crack. Good chance it'd get through comcom this time with 3 major Telco players, Spark Sport and proliferation of international streaming platforms.

You read my mind!

Sky would Definitely add a point of difference

mistaTea
07-10-2021, 09:49 AM

Being in the 'pro Sky becoming a telco' camp, I would love to see some kind of a VocusNZ-2D-Sky tie up.

But I wouldn't hold my breath...I think Vocus and 2D will jsut merge without Sky. It is a deal that makes way more sense as opposed to them both trying to 'go it alone' where one has a mobile network (but no broadband network) and the other has a broadband network (but no mobile network).

Either way, I think the VocusNZ-2D merger is good for Sky.

The relationship is already warm with Vocus. I would expect to see a wholesale mobile deal being offered to Sky. That way Vocus-2D can start poaching Spark and Voda customers via their mates at Sky who will be able to offer superior bundles.

waikare
07-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Netflix hikes NZ prices significantly for second time in just over two years

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126609705/netflix-hikes-nz-prices-significantly-for-second-time-in-just-over-two-years

May be a few could drop Nextflix and change over to Neon, earlier this year we had both, Nextfix and Neon, now we only have Neon which we thought were the better of the two.

nztx
07-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Great!!:t_up:
Now maybe you can help me .What on earth is,nztx on ???! Green chartreuse and rhubarb jargon juice with some marinated poly icecubes ???

Planet Reality - you'd have to be blind to have not noticed some of the political shuffling going on ;)

Time to back the truck up again for some SKT - or aren't the Meds working yet ? ;)

Akane
07-10-2021, 01:45 PM
Netflix hikes NZ prices significantly for second time in just over two years

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126609705/netflix-hikes-nz-prices-significantly-for-second-time-in-just-over-two-years

99.9% of people:

"Ahhh WTF these bloody thieves blah blah blah I'm gonna cancel rah rah rah"
*later on that evening*
"Let's see what's on Netflix.........."

Sideshow Bob
07-10-2021, 02:24 PM
99.9% of people:

"Ahhh WTF these bloody thieves blah blah blah I'm gonna cancel rah rah rah"
*later on that evening*
"Let's see what's on Netflix.........."

Still the price of 1 ticket to the movies for a months entertainment.....

Having said that, off to see Bond on Monday!! :cool:

Joshuatree
07-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Planet Reality - you'd have to be blind to have not noticed some of the political shuffling going on ;)

Time to back the truck up again for some SKT - or aren't the Meds working yet ? ;)

Yeah keep your poly cubes for your rants on the poly threads,that's what they're for :).Fwiw I'm slowly selling down sky and others for an opp elsewhere.

mistaTea
07-10-2021, 05:29 PM
The Orcon Group - 2D merger is a very interesting prospect. Would definitely disrupt the current Duopoly.

But I doubt Sky TV are part of the deal/negotiations in any way, shape or form.

I would love them to be. But that would just be wishful thinking oh my part.

mistaTea
07-10-2021, 05:43 PM
I still think a deal is on the table.

The issue is that Trilogy needs out ASAP.

MIRA have the capital to put together a deal. They raised junk bonds overseas at 3% interest rate.

Once Trilogy is out of the picture it makes sense to continue to consolidate other media assets in NZ.

I assume this Vocus/Two Degrees merger will take up the balance of the year. Then maybe Sky gets bolted on early next year.

That's if Comcast doesn't make a move first.

But most likely outcome is nothing happens except more posts on sharetrader about things that never happen.

Last paragraph is a certainty.

mistaTea
07-10-2021, 06:12 PM
I feel like David Einhorn (https://www.ft.com/content/60cbe9c0-ce7c-42f5-9b49-642e7b879c26) when I think about my investment in SNT.

ados_nz
07-10-2021, 06:27 PM
Yeah keep your poly cubes for your rants on the poly threads,that's what they're for :).Fwiw I'm slowly selling down sky and others for an opp elsewhere.

Does ST allow a RemindMe! notification....?

I feel like some notified gloating in the future.

Joshuatree
07-10-2021, 10:59 PM
All good who knows, who ever,whichwot way. A note to self feature might be handy too;). Slow seller here, reluctantly.

mistaTea
08-10-2021, 12:07 AM
Sky UK announce the release of Sky Glass…

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-glass-new-4k-ultrahd-smart-tv-set-to-replace-satellite-dishes-and-boxes-12427480

LaserEyeKiwi
08-10-2021, 04:38 AM
Sky UK announce the release of Sky Glass…

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-glass-new-4k-ultrahd-smart-tv-set-to-replace-satellite-dishes-and-boxes-12427480

A cheap rebadged smart tv. sorry it’s not just a rebadged tv, for some reason they decided to make it literally as thick as a brick physically. Weird choice.

The big difference business model wise is they are offering what is normally a satellite only skytv service as an OTT internet delivered service - but only if you buy one of these TVs. They offer a separate puck that plugs into a tv, but only as a multi room type of device to people who buy the tv.

This is all very backwards, Sky NZ is actually much better focused here with its existing standalone OTT apps (SkySportNow & Neon) offering its service on all existing app platforms and streaming devices.

mistaTea
08-10-2021, 06:40 AM
A cheap rebadged smart tv. sorry it’s not just a rebadged tv, for some reason they decided to make it literally as thick as a brick physically. Weird choice.

The big difference business model wise is they are offering what is normally a satellite only skytv service as an OTT internet delivered service - but only if you buy one of these TVs. They offer a separate puck that plugs into a tv, but only as a multi room type of device to people who buy the tv.

This is all very backwards, Sky NZ is actually much better focused here with its existing standalone OTT apps (SkySportNow & Neon) offering its service on all existing app platforms and streaming devices.

It has a lot of potential I think.

They still have all of their other product offerings (STB or streaming apps). It’s not like they are decommissioning their existing offerings and just going with Sky Glass.

Sky Glass sounds like it has some very cool features though, and for the market of people looking to buy a new Smart TV…it will be interesting to see how Sky Glass fares againsr all of the other Smart TV options.

mistaTea
08-10-2021, 09:01 AM
Sky NZ not joining?

Foxtel rocks.

mistaTea
08-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Sky Glass trademark in Australia:

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/view/2214312?q=sky+glass

Filed last week (28th September). Likely will be used by Foxtel.

No trademarks filed in NZ so no Sky Glass coming over here?

I reckon SNT will hold off on Sky Glass.

They need to release their own STB first. By the time they do that they will observe how popular Sky Glass is in the UK and Aussie.

If it really is very popular then SNT will get in on it. Comcast are obviously keen to license the rights to the product to as many partners as possible so there won't be any issue from their side.

RTM
08-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Sky Glass trademark in Australia:

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search/view/2214312?q=sky+glass

Filed last week (28th September). Likely will be used by Foxtel.

No trademarks filed in NZ so no Sky Glass coming over here?

File one OGG....you may be able to sell it to them !

mistaTea
08-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Christ I really want one though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpGskL5PCKU

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

Alpha
08-10-2021, 11:37 AM
https://www.sky.com/glass/technical-specifications/65inch?irct=glassHome-glass-techSpecs

Looks pretty good to me.

peat
08-10-2021, 12:07 PM
is SKT getting left behind again?

RTM
08-10-2021, 03:19 PM
It seems as if they defend their IP rigorously.

https://old.dnc.org.nz/sites/default/files/decisions/Decision%20-%201279.pdf

Fair enough.
11 pages...3 line decision. Pretty clear cut.
THx.

LaserEyeKiwi
09-10-2021, 07:02 PM
lol.

It did cross my mind.

It's weird that Foxtel did a deal and not Sky NZ. Why not just join in on this? What's the down side?

im unclear what the upside would be - it’s just a crappy tv. And skytv nz would have to pay a royalty to Comcast thereby decreasing their own margins. Just releasing their own under development internet STB is the better plan.

DownTownJr
09-10-2021, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=LaserEyeKiwi;915985]im unclear what the upside would be - it’s just a crappy tv. And skytv nz would have to pay a royalty to Comcast thereby decreasing their own margins. Just releasing their own under development internet STB is the better plan.[/QUOTE

Agreed. STB is the way to go and not this crappy Sky Glass. Sky Glass so far has not been received well online on gadget/tech forums.

mistaTea
10-10-2021, 12:29 PM
Anyone else getting the Fury v Wilder fight?

mistaTea
10-10-2021, 02:10 PM
I'm sure LaserEyeKiwi bought it more than once.

Fewer things in life are better than watching two enormous men punch each other in the head…

Bobdn
10-10-2021, 08:20 PM
The third season of Succession is about to drop. Best show around

mistaTea
11-10-2021, 10:47 AM
im unclear what the upside would be - it’s just a crappy tv. And skytv nz would have to pay a royalty to Comcast thereby decreasing their own margins. Just releasing their own under development internet STB is the better plan.

Not sure where you get that idea from - the TV looks very unique and I think could be quite popular. Sky UK also give customers the option to pay the TV off at as little as £13/month. It fully aggregates Sky content with 3rd party services like netflix, has a Siri-style voice search and includes smarts around personal recommendations.

Here is video showing off the box (sponsored by Sky, but still shows the features): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OKZe2CyDI

Yes SNT are about to release their new STB (as Foxtel have done recently). But I don't see why that would mean we don't explore Sky Glass too? It doesn't have to be either/or.

And why would we think that SNT knows more than Comcast and Foxtel? Comcast have spent a lot of money developing this technology, so clearly they see a large market for it.

Foxtel have jumped on board right away, signing an agreement with Comcast before they have even released the product in Europe. So they clearly see a market for it (and think it is worth their while despite having to pay royalties to Comcast). Why would we think that SNT know more than Foxtel?

LaserEyeKiwi
11-10-2021, 11:23 AM
Not sure where you get that idea from - the TV looks very unique and I think could be quite popular. Sky UK also give customers the option to pay the TV off at as little as £13/month. It fully aggregates Sky content with 3rd party services like netflix, has a Siri-style voice search and includes smarts around personal recommendations.

Here is video showing off the box (sponsored by Sky, but still shows the features): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OKZe2CyDI

Yes SNT are about to release their new STB (as Foxtel have done recently). But I don't see why that would mean we don't explore Sky Glass too? It doesn't have to be either/or.

And why would we think that SNT knows more than Comcast and Foxtel? Comcast have spent a lot of money developing this technology, so clearly they see a large market for it.

Foxtel have jumped on board right away, signing an agreement with Comcast before they have even released the product in Europe. So they clearly see a market for it (and think it is worth their while despite having to pay royalties to Comcast). Why would we think that SNT know more than Foxtel?

skyNZ supporting this dog of a tv would be going entirely against their targeted lean operation model, and would tie up large amounts of capital & cashflow. They have to buy the inventory, store it somewhere, deliver it, install it, service it, hold warranty expense, and any units they sell on monthly rental/payment plan takes years to cover the cost of. Not to mention they would have to pay a royalty to Comcast.

im not at all wowed by the technology - it’s standard or behind what other tv brands offer, but doesn’t offer the full range of streaming services available.

mistaTea
11-10-2021, 12:53 PM
skyNZ supporting this dog of a tv would be going entirely against their targeted lean operation model, and would tie up large amounts of capital & cashflow. They have to buy the inventory, store it somewhere, deliver it, install it, service it, hold warranty expense, and any units they sell on monthly rental/payment plan takes years to cover the cost of. Not to mention they would have to pay a royalty to Comcast.

im not at all wowed by the technology - it’s standard or behind what other tv brands offer, but doesn’t offer the full range of streaming services available.

Well geez! That is a damning indictment indeed!

I just wish Patrick Delany had of called you first before he went ahead and made such an incredible error of judgement...

bottomfeeder
12-10-2021, 10:12 AM

I like the idea however, provided that it is at the peak of technology at a reasonable price. But coming down to the nitty gritty, they may be better partnering with an existing retailer, as I feel current technology could be adapted.

Getty
12-10-2021, 10:17 AM
According to an article in todays Herald, Derek Handley is not just reaching for the Sky, he's off to the moon!

https://youtu.be/tWc5kD6Fa_c

RTM
12-10-2021, 10:25 AM
Completely agree.
I bought an expensive Panasonic TV a few years ago. When SPARK SPORT came along...I found it was 6 months to old to accept that app. Similarly with SKY SPORT. So now I have gotten over my initial annoyance and am happy to have the expensive TV...which I still like. And feed it via APPLE TV (I'm on my 2nd one) , PlayStation, FreeView box, PC or whatever. Seems way more efficient than replacing an expensive TV every time technology moves on.
Not a goer for me. And can't figure out what would make it so.

mistaTea
12-10-2021, 10:31 AM
Completely agree.
I bought an expensive Panasonic TV a few years ago. When SPARK SPORT came along...I found it was 6 months to old to accept that app. Similarly with SKY SPORT. So now I have gotten over my initial annoyance and am happy to have the expensive TV...which I still like. And feed it via APPLE TV (I'm on my 2nd one) , PlayStation, FreeView box, PC or whatever. Seems way more efficient than replacing an expensive TV every time technology moves on.
Not a goer for me. And can't figure out what would make it so.

Not a goer for you as you do not need a new TV...you are sorted with your current setup.

But people are replacing TV's every day. And Sky Glass is potentially attractive to those people who need/want a new TV set...

LaserEyeKiwi
12-10-2021, 10:47 AM
Well geez! That is a damning indictment indeed!

I just wish Patrick Delany had of called you first before he went ahead and made such an incredible error of judgement...

Just look at the cashflow math to see how bad this would be for SkyNZ:

Let’s say they adopt this and can get 10,000 subscribers to sign up for the monthly rental of these TVs:

Assuming a $2000 upfront cost for Sky (unit cost, international transport, inventory storage, home delivery, installation). That does not include royalty to comcast and allowance for unit failures etc.

10,000 x $2000 = $20 million upfront cost for Sky per quarter, which would be $80 million annualized.

Let’s be generous and presume Sky can get $20 a month rental from subscribers for these TVs. That means Sky would receive $600,000 per quarter (10,000 x $60 per quarter), or $2.4 million per year from every 10,000 subscribers.

So it would take 8 years for Sky to recoup the upfront cost of each tv if they could rent them for $20 a month. And that doesn’t include cost of capital, customer churn, failure rates, and royalties to Comcast.

The math is fine for a large cashed up company with plenty of cash on hand (it reduces cash but adds to ongoing revenue), but Sky NZ is not in that sort of position.

SkyNZ has literally just launched a high upfront cost product (Sky Broadband) that will be cashflow negative for a couple of years, the last thing it needs is another massive negative cashflow product tearing up its balance sheet.

mistaTea
12-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Just look at the cashflow math to see how bad this would be for SkyNZ:

Let’s say they adopt this and can get 10,000 subscribers to sign up for the monthly rental of these TVs:

Assuming a $2000 upfront cost for Sky (unit cost, international transport, inventory storage, home delivery, installation). That does not include royalty to comcast and allowance for unit failures etc.

10,000 x $2000 = $20 million upfront cost for Sky per quarter, which would be $80 million annualized.

Let’s be generous and presume Sky can get $20 a month rental from subscribers for these TVs. That means Sky would receive $600,000 per quarter (10,000 x $60 per quarter), or $2.4 million per year from every 10,000 subscribers.

So it would take 8 years for Sky to recoup the upfront cost of each tv if they could rent them for $20 a month. And that doesn’t include cost of capital, customer churn, failure rates, and royalties to Comcast.

The math is fine for a large cashed up company with plenty of cash on hand (it reduces cash but adds to ongoing revenue), but Sky NZ is not in that sort of position.

SkyNZ has literally just launched a high upfront cost product (Sky Broadband) that will be cashflow negative for a couple of years, the last thing it needs is another massive negative cashflow product tearing up its balance sheet.

Sure, that would be a very bad thing for cashflow if all of the many assumptions you have made are correct.

I guess where I am coming from is that I think Sky Glass is a neat concept. It is my expectation that SNT discuss the technology with Comcast and our friends at Foxtel to understand the opportunity more.
If the math behind any deal for SNT just doesn't make sense, then we take a pass on it. We have a shiny new STB coming that is going to be the ultimate aggregator anyway and offers hybrid satellite/streaming capabiluty (which will remain a key selling point for Sky when negotiating sports rights as we are still the only business that can reach 100% of NZ homes).

I just don't think we should rule out Sky Glass right away without fully assessing the opportunity and whether we think it will add value to the business.

mikelee
12-10-2021, 11:00 AM
I'm sure Sky's bean counters can do the math too, so that executives can make the best decision for the business. :cool:

RTM
12-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Not a goer for you as you do not need a new TV...you are sorted with your current setup.

But people are replacing TV's every day. And Sky Glass is potentially attractive to those people who need/want a new TV set...

Even if I was looking for a new TV, it would not be a factor. As 6months, 1 year, 2 years down the track there will be something that I want that won’t run on it. I’ve learnt my lesson. Buy a decent screen, then feed it via whatever HDMI you want to. Not an option for me at all. But there you go…we are not all the same.

I would be disappointed to see them go down this route.
Disc: Holder.

mistaTea
12-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Even if I was looking for a new TV, it would not be a factor. As 6months, 1 year, 2 years down the track there will be something that I want that won’t run on it. I’ve learnt my lesson. Buy a decent screen, then feed it via whatever HDMI you want to. Not an option for me at all. But there you go…we are not all the same.

Well, it would only be disappointing if they went down this route based on unfavourable terms and uptake of the product was low.

I am astounded that you guys have just completely shut your minds off to the idea. Don’t even want management to take a look at it!

I am not saying I am for or against Sky Glass. I have simply stated that I would expect management to look into it and see if it could be a value add. Especially since Foxtel clearly think it is.

If it’s not a good deal for SNT, so be it. We take a pass on it.

What is the rationale for SNT not even being open to the possibility? They should always be on the look out for new opportunities that could enhance their position as preferred aggregator. Not all opportunities will end up going ahead…but they should keep searching anyway…

Baa_Baa
12-10-2021, 06:46 PM

Same. Interesting billing it as 'a replacement for everything you've already got' or words to that effect. But I've already got everything, so why would I buy something more just to get rid of everything I've got.

Anyway, hopefully they do investigate it but I'd see it being a long wait until it was proven to be a profitable product and in the meantime there's plenty of other things to get done on the current strategy.

LaserEyeKiwi
12-10-2021, 06:49 PM
Well, it would only be disappointing if they went down this route based on unfavourable terms and uptake of the product was low.

I am astounded that you guys have just completely shut your minds off to the idea. Don’t even want management to take a look at it!

I am not saying I am for or against Sky Glass. I have simply stated that I would expect management to look into it and see if it could be a value add. Especially since Foxtel clearly think it is.

If it’s not a good deal for SNT, so be it. We take a pass on it.

What is the rationale for SNT not even being open to the possibility? They should always be on the look out for new opportunities that could enhance their position as preferred aggregator. Not all opportunities will end up going ahead…but they should keep searching anyway…

The SkyGlass TV doesn’t even have the ability to accept a satellite input, which SkyNZ seems to have judged a priority for any new hardware they ship, so SKyglass wouldn’t work for any current skybox subscribers outside a high spend broadband network area (so no rural customers) and/or any other customers who don’t have unlimited broadband.

Also to service the initial SkyGlass subscribers, SkyNZ would have to launch a new internet based version that can stream all its live channels which would require devoting engineering and capex resources, and possibly obtaining more streaming rights for existing channels and content on skybox, for an unknown return on investment.

mistaTea
12-10-2021, 07:09 PM
The SkyGlass TV doesn’t even have the ability to accept a satellite input, which SkyNZ seems to have judged a priority for any new hardware they ship, so SKyglass wouldn’t work for any current skybox subscribers outside a high spend broadband network area (so no rural customers) and/or any other customers who don’t have unlimited broadband.

Also to service the initial SkyGlass subscribers, SkyNZ would have to launch a new internet based version that can stream all its live channels which would require devoting engineering and capex resources, and possibly obtaining more streaming rights for existing channels and content on skybox, for an unknown return on investment.

They already have the capability to stream all of their channels. It’s called Vodafone TV.

LaserEyeKiwi
13-10-2021, 07:29 AM
They already have the capability to stream all of their channels. It’s called Vodafone TV.

I stand corrected!

bottomfeeder
13-10-2021, 07:54 AM
One thing, if they had the skyglass offering, it would seem like an envigorated company moving to the future. Opportune time to advertise and get more customers. Bought back in yesterday.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 10:03 AM
The SkyGlass TV doesn’t even have the ability to accept a satellite input, which SkyNZ seems to have judged a priority for any new hardware they ship,

I think the hybrid capability of the new STB will be very good, as it enables existing subs with poor internet to carry on as usual...but also provides a better On Demand streaming experience for the vast majority who have access to great internet.

I also hope that the new STB is capable of performing as a straight IP Box too though...for those who do not need or want satellite.

With Vodafone TV, you can just buy it...plug it in, go online to subscribe to the packages you want and you are away laughing. No need for a technician to come out to get you set up and potentially install a satellite dish on your house that you might not even want. If the box can also operate as a straight IP box I think it will make it easier for Sky to grow their STB cusotmer base.
And customers have options...they can absolutely get a satellite connection if they want so they can enjoy truly 'live' sport as well as the reliability that comes with satellite. Or they can not take that option and just stream Sky TV like they do for all of the other content they provide.

Which then brings us back to Sky Glass being an interesting idea, that should at least be explored. If Sophie and the team don't believe it will be very popular in NZ and/or the terms of trade are unfavourable then we take a pass. But it could also be a great product that helps Sky on their quest to be in every single living room on any type of platform...

We won't know unless we at least take a look...

RTM
13-10-2021, 10:28 AM
Morning Mr T, Do you know if the new STB will have a hard drive in it for recording on ?

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Morning Mr T, Do you know if the new STB will have a hard drive in it for recording on ?

Yes it will. And I believe it will have 4x the capacity of a standard MySky box.

RTM
13-10-2021, 10:31 AM
Yes it will. And I believe it will have 4x the capacity of a standard MySky box.

Thanks. Sounds like quite a useful toy.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Thanks. Sounds like quite a useful toy.

Yeah it will be very good. I think the targets they have set for uptake of the new box are very conservative.

Unless you really are stuck in your ways I think a lot of the existing MySky base will jump at the chance to get a new box. And then there is the possibility of attracting brand new customers.

LaserEyeKiwi
13-10-2021, 11:02 AM
I think the hybrid capability of the new STB will be very good, as it enables existing subs with poor internet to carry on as usual...but also provides a better On Demand streaming experience for the vast majority who have access to great internet.

I also hope that the new STB is capable of performing as a straight IP Box too though...for those who do not need or want satellite.

With Vodafone TV, you can just buy it...plug it in, go online to subscribe to the packages you want and you are away laughing. No need for a technician to come out to get you set up and potentially install a satellite dish on your house that you might not even want. If the box can also operate as a straight IP box I think it will make it easier for Sky to grow their STB cusotmer base.
And customers have options...they can absolutely get a satellite connection if they want so they can enjoy truly 'live' sport as well as the reliability that comes with satellite. Or they can not take that option and just stream Sky TV like they do for all of the other content they provide.

Which then brings us back to Sky Glass being an interesting idea, that should at least be explored. If Sophie and the team don't believe it will be very popular in NZ and/or the terms of trade are unfavourable then we take a pass. But it could also be a great product that helps Sky on their quest to be in every single living room on any type of platform...

We won't know unless we at least take a look...

I absolutely hope and expect that the new STB can operate as an IP only device! Sky should be discouraging new satellite installs in any area that has good broadband - it is so much cheaper for an “installation” if sky doesn’t have to provide a dish and the installer to do it. Plus they should be up-selling skyBroadband along with the new STB. Should be able to create some fantastic bundles, even to those not using the typical skybox subscription.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 11:13 AM
I absolutely hope and expect that the new STB can operate as an IP only device! Sky should be discouraging new satellite installs in any area that has good broadband - it is so much cheaper for an “installation” if sky doesn’t have to provide a dish and the installer to do it. Plus they should be up-selling skyBroadband along with the new STB. Should be able to create some fantastic bundles, even to those not using the typical skybox subscription.

Yes I hope so too. They haven't said anything about it being IP only...everything has focussed on the hybrid nature of the box.

It would be a fail if it has to be used as a hybrid. It would significantly retard the growth prospects for STB customers. And, as you say, setting up satellite customers is expensive.

For new customers in new development suburbs in particular (that all have fibre)...rather than paying $200+ a pop to have a techie go out and set up the box, install a dish etc...I would be inclined to offer the STB for free to cusotmers who sign up for a Sky TV package + Sky Broadband for 12 months. Sky still incur the $200 cost (which is probably how much each STB costs them, if that...) but the customer gets a great deal and is much more likely to stick around in years to come.

If they have Starter + Entertainment + Sport + 100Mbs Broadband it would only cost them $152.48/month ($5/day for broadband and a wide range of entertainment on a modern STB aint bad).

RTM
13-10-2021, 11:18 AM

I am yet to be convinced that the picture quality via the internet is as consistently good as that delivered by satellite.
It’s a hard thing to quantitate tho. Especially as in general I can’t swap to and fro.
I think Mr T might have said the same thing…more or less ….recently.

It seems a shame to have these great Panels and then not feed them appropriately.
Having said that…most of what we watch is via internet, as we have not had Satelite Sky for a while.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 11:24 AM
I am yet to be convinced that the picture quality via the internet is as consistently good as that delivered by satellite.
It’s a hard thing to quantitate tho. Especially as in general I can’t swap to and fro.
I think Mr T might have said the same thing…more or less ….recently.

It seems a shame to have these great Panels and then not feed them appropriately.
Having said that…most of what we watch is via internet, as we have not had Satelite Sky for a while.

I think the picture quality is only noticeably better for live sport when you get it via satellite. Streaming on Sky Sport NOW still gives good HD quality...but, if you are watching a game of rugby as an example, you find the ball doesn't track quite as smoothly as it does via satellite.

For general On Demand entertainment, I don't think satellite has any advantage. In fact, this STB will support 4K so people with UHD TV's will get better picture quality than MySky can offer (for content that supports 4K).

I think the new satelite will support 4k but that is only scheduled to launch in 2023 if memory serves.

RTM
13-10-2021, 11:33 AM
I think the picture quality is only noticeably better for live sport when you get it via satellite. Streaming on Sky Sport NOW still gives good HD quality...but, if you are watching a game of rugby as an example, you find the ball doesn't track quite as smoothly as it does via satellite.

For general On Demand entertainment, I don't think satellite has any advantage. In fact, this STB will support 4K so people with UHD TV's will get better picture quality than MySky can offer (for content that supports 4K).

I think the new satelite will support 4k but that is only scheduled to launch in 2023 if memory serves.

Yes….it’s the sport where I noticed it to. Mostly. Even with SKY Sport Go, some things are good… ( I was surprised how good the USA tennis was) but other things are poor. Motion quite uneven…to the point of being hard to watch, tiring on the eyes.. I guess there is a lot of technology between the viewer and the event, and it might not all be of the same quality. Eg New York to Kerikeri…might be all great. Townsville to KK….well…it wasn’t as good, that’s for sure.

LaserEyeKiwi
13-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Quality depends on the streaming service and bandwidth. SkySportNow is noticeably “not great”, but that should improve over time. However watching 4k films from Disney+ is glorious over the internet and is far better than what one can hope to get via satellite.

mikelee
13-10-2021, 11:45 AM
do you have fibre? I'd be surprised if internet on fibre is not as good as satellite...perhaps 5G is the answer

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 12:00 PM
do you have fibre? I'd be surprised if internet on fibre is not as good as satellite...perhaps 5G is the answer

Yes I have fibre.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Quality depends on the streaming service and bandwidth. SkySportNow is noticeably “not great”, but that should improve over time. However watching 4k films from Disney+ is glorious over the internet and is far better than what one can hope to get via satellite.

It’s not a ‘platform issue’. It is the mechanics of distributing a live event over the internet vs satellite.

Satellite still provides the better quality picture for live sport.

That is not the case for other OnDemand content you point to (like Disney).

LaserEyeKiwi
13-10-2021, 12:04 PM
It’s not a ‘platform issue’. It is the mechanics of distributing a live event over the internet vs satellite.

Satellite still provides the better quality picture for live sport.

That is not the case for other OnDemand content you point to (like Disney).

not sure about that - I watch NBA live streaming via the NBA app and that quality is excellent. Isn’t it true that sky’s live broadcast trucks (which they sold) were far below the state of the art?

jimdog31
13-10-2021, 12:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1a0J61d.gif

Property has been delisted!

https://www.colliers.co.nz/en-nz/properties/significant-industrial-offering/nzl-16-34-leonard-road-mount-wellington-auckland-city-auckland/nzl67014700

https://i.imgur.com/8XqMoIU.jpg

email your mate james bishop witha “please explain” that way theyll have to do an announcement pronto

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 01:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1a0J61d.gif

Property has been delisted!

https://www.colliers.co.nz/en-nz/properties/significant-industrial-offering/nzl-16-34-leonard-road-mount-wellington-auckland-city-auckland/nzl67014700

https://i.imgur.com/8XqMoIU.jpg

Good find! Let's hope there was good interest and we get a great price.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Why would they pull it though?

Seems like the sale is off or something.

Nah I doubt it. More like they have signed a deal.

Should be an annuouncement soon I would have thought.

Plus that ad was so old and didn't even reflect the fact they are selling the whole campus now.

jimdog31
13-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Why would they pull it though?

Seems like the sale is off or something.

Wouldnt that require a disclosure?

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Wouldnt that require a disclosure?

I bet final negotiations and conditions have been met from their preferred bidder. Off the market now.

Let's hope we get at least $60M for it.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 01:11 PM
It's still on trademe?

Just hasn't been taken off that platform yet. Colliers are either yet to tell Trademe or Trademe are just slow to action.

Rest easy child. The campus is as good as sold!

Prime real estate!

Meh
13-10-2021, 01:33 PM
If there isn't an announcement within a day. We should all get on the blower to Goldfinch!

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 01:41 PM
If there isn't an announcement within a day. We should all get on the blower to Goldfinch!

I have him on speed dial

Alpha
13-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Great what did he say MistaT?

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 02:00 PM
Great what did he say MistaT?

He told me the property sold for so much that I am going to be an overnight BILLIONAIRE!

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 03:11 PM
This listing is still available on Colliers.

https://www.colliers.co.nz/en-nz/news/the-one-to-watch-sky-tv-buildings-for-sale

What's going on Ogg.

RTM
13-10-2021, 03:17 PM

Yes...we do have fiber.

mikelee
13-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Awesome! Clicked on the link and it said property no longer available!! :t_up:
Will there be an announcement soon or do we have to wait till the AGM? :confused:

mikelee
13-10-2021, 03:20 PM
Yes...we do have fiber.
If you also have a 4K TV then maybe that's why the video stream struggles to keep up.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 03:21 PM
That's not the listing bro, that's the news article.

Look at 2nd paragraph. There's the link.

Totally realised that! He he he.

Was just testing you!

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 03:22 PM
Like a lot of my conspiracy theories on here, no one knows.

If the properties have been sold I think they will be required to announce it to the market.

It is a price sensitive development.

mistaTea
13-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Yeah true, just like with Rugby Pass.

RP was worth so little in the end... the property is worth a bundle.

RTM
13-10-2021, 03:25 PM
If you also have a 4K TV then maybe that's why the video stream struggles to keep up.

Yes. And yes...could be. And then one wonders as well about the HDMI cables. But sometimes...quite good.
Pretty hard to diagnose...and overall...pretty decent.

We are watching GoT again via BluRay.
Awesome.
Great to go straight through with no gap between series.

LaserEyeKiwi
13-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Great news about the property (hopefully).

As if a sign from above, I also received a call from Sky offering a me a bundle to re-subscribe to skybox: $48 a month for Sky Starter+Entertainment+Sport+Soho+MySky (51% discount)

I tentatively agreed - as it’s basically the same price I currently pay for SkySportNow & NEON, have 5 days to cancel.

RTM
13-10-2021, 04:07 PM
Great news about the property (hopefully).

As if a sign from above, I also received a call from Sky offering a me a bundle to re-subscribe to skybox: $48 a month for Sky Starter+Entertainment+Sport+Soho+MySky (51% discount)

I tentatively agreed - as it’s basically the same price I currently pay for SkySportNow & NEON, have 5 days to cancel.

Wish they had my number..sounds good...might put it here in case they read the forum !

nztx
13-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Maybe they've done a "Handley" and just forgot.

Hey Ogg ..I go away & come back wondering what's up with the SKT SP ? ;)

Did the Building fall over or did it get taken away for free when the Bridge was sold & no-one was watching ? ;)

Alpha
13-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Ogg totally random question but is your name in reference to a book called ogg by bob jones?

greater fool
13-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Ogg totally random question but is your name in reference to a book called ogg by bob jones?
apropos of nothing in particular...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

Quantitative Easing
14-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Wonder if Bob Jones can get away with comments like this in 2021. He's the biggest troll out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSr93HMUKCk

mistaTea
14-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Wonder if Bob Jones can get away with comments like this in 2021. He's the biggest troll out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSr93HMUKCk

He isn't wrong about a number of the points he raises though.

The latest woke craze in NZ seems to be whites trying to force themselves to use Maori pronunciation instead of Anglo pronunciation of Maori-origin words. Terrified of being called a racist or bigot unless they speak in a way that is unnatural in the context of English being their first language.

Just looks ridiculous when you get these tighty whiteys who can't actually speak a lick of Maori going to great pains to give the impression that they love the cuzzies more than they actually do. I wager most of these whites would be the first to cross the street if they saw a Maori with a moko or wearing a hoodie approaching.

But this is probably a discussion best suited for one of the political forums, and not SKT :t_up:

mistaTea
14-10-2021, 10:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/t5HEQKw.jpg

MT, what's the latest? Have you called him today?

The guy at Colliers that I used to email months back has told me he is out of the loop and working out his notice as the rotter has joined another firm!

We will find out soon enough.

Not sure what Sky's disclosure requirements are here. But we will definitely get an update by the AGM. Hopefully they have to tell the market before then, but 28th absolute latest.

You probably need to kick off your timer.

Alpha
14-10-2021, 11:27 AM
I thought it was Bob that would buy the property. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/property/123101150/well-be-buying-up-big-sir-bob-jones-sits-on-a-stash-of-cash-waiting

All perhaps Graeme Hart he has been busy buying.

mikelee
14-10-2021, 12:51 PM
must be frustrating for Bob with all those cash making so little return sitting in the bank :p

mistaTea
14-10-2021, 12:52 PM
must be frustrating for Bob with all those cash making so little return sitting in the bank :p

I suspect he sleeps like a baby at night.

peat
14-10-2021, 01:25 PM

Bob says Labour governments are fun !

(because they're irresponsible with other peoples money and the economy just bubbles). :ohmy:

Quantitative Easing
14-10-2021, 03:50 PM
He isn't wrong about a number of the points he raises though.

The latest woke craze in NZ seems to be whites trying to force themselves to use Maori pronunciation instead of Anglo pronunciation of Maori-origin words. Terrified of being called a racist or bigot unless they speak in a way that is unnatural in the context of English being their first language.

Just looks ridiculous when you get these tighty whiteys who can't actually speak a lick of Maori going to great pains to give the impression that they love the cuzzies more than they actually do. I wager most of these whites would be the first to cross the street if they saw a Maori with a moko or wearing a hoodie approaching.

But this is probably a discussion best suited for one of the political forums, and not SKT :t_up:

Yup it's like when some say wangarei when chatting casually but go above and beyond to say 'Whangarei' correctly during corporate meetings. Being woke is profitable these days and i am a pragmatist than an ideologue so i just go along with the Aotearoa Speak.

mistaTea
14-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Yup it's like when some say wangarei when chatting casually but go above and beyond to say 'Whangarei' correctly during corporate meetings..

Will make this my last post on this topic as it really does belong in the political discussion arena.

But I will say this...your premise that people choose certain settings to pronounce a word like Whangarei "correctly" (i.e. Maori pronounciation) is flawed.

Saying 'Wung-a-ray' is not actually incorrect. It is just the Anglo pronounciation of a Maori-origin word. Assimilating words into ones own language and altering the pronounciation is the most natural thing in the world. All cultures do it. This is linguistics 101.

Otherwise we would have to say that we are 'wrong' in the way we say words like Paris. Should we instread use the French pronounciaton of Pa-ree lest we offend the French? Perhaps we are just a bunch of racists or just plain ignorant for not using French pronounciation and saying their words "correctly" when we are speaking in English?

There are so many examples you could point to. Skoda is an increasingly popular car in NZ. We say sko-da...but the Czech pronounciation is Schkaw-da.

Are we 'wrong' for saying Skoda the way we do it? Should we all put on a Czech accent and say Schaw-da when referring to the vehicle? Of course not - that would be ridiculous! We have simply assimilated it into the English language and altered how we pronounce it to make it 'fit' better.

But because these are Maori words, we need to behave differently - or so I am told. Soon people will be giving me the hairy eyeball for referring to our country as New Zealand.

I do get a bit hot under the collar when the largely ignorant woke brigade tell me I am saying Maori words incorrectly and feel the need to 'educate' me. These are the people that cause divisions in society with their ideology that does not fit with how things actually work in the real world.

Ok, rant over I promise :t_up:

jimdog31
15-10-2021, 04:44 PM
This lack of update on the buildings, and OCA's lack of news regarding what their allocation of their bond is definitely making me seem like their could be something brewing.

Then again, I'm ok if the conspiracy dial is set to low.

If, and its a big IF, its got any merit, OCA will want to be getting out there with their growth plans given ARV just announced a pretty big acquisition.

mistaTea
16-10-2021, 01:38 PM
https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/mount-wellington-neighbours-sell-for-3883m-in-developer-land-grab-40327

I mean, these two sh1t boxes sold for $4M!!!

Surely we are gonna come out of this campus sale happy??

mistaTea
16-10-2021, 01:44 PM
https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/mount-wellington-neighbours-sell-for-3883m-in-developer-land-grab-40327

I mean, these two sh1t boxes sold for $4M!!!

Surely we are gonna come out of this campus sale happy??

Even if we could only get $2000/sqm that should still be around $80M!

Surely we could at least get that, if not more?

mistaTea
16-10-2021, 03:07 PM
We should expect a 40c tax free special dividend next year from the property sale. Plus resumption of a small regular dividend.

A merger with Foxtel or a takeover from either Comcast or Discovery would be ideal after.

Most content deals are locked in for the next few years. New Satellite should be operational and Broadband should be generating a return. I'm not going to say that Sky is the most undervalued stock on the NZX/ASX but what I would say is that I don't see any additional "fundamental" risks in this business that would warrant this to trade at a significant discount. All businesses have risk, you just need to price it correctly.

If they have $75M to distribute after the sale…

I think they should further reduce shares by another 25M.

So, roughly speaking, for every 7 shares held you cancel 1 and pay shareholders $3 for each cancelled share. IRD should give clearance for this capital return so no tax to be paid.

Shareholders can then look at the the SP afterwards and decide whether to buy more SKT or not.

I think this gives shareholders the most flexibility as opposed to an on market buyback program which can be a protracted process that is largely dependent on how the SP behaves (in terms of how any shares Sky end up buying back).

nztx
16-10-2021, 11:46 PM
If they have $75M to distribute after the sale…

I think they should further reduce shares by another 25M.

So, roughly speaking, for every 7 shares held you cancel 1 and pay shareholders $3 for each cancelled share. IRD should give clearance for this capital return so no tax to be paid.

Shareholders can then look at the the SP afterwards and decide whether to buy more SKT or not.

I think this gives shareholders the most flexibility as opposed to an on market buyback program which can be a protracted process that is largely dependent on how the SP behaves (in terms of how any shares Sky end up buying back).

$1.57 soon - are you suggesting ? ;)

mikelee
18-10-2021, 10:28 AM
Fingers crossed for a dividend from the property sales and normal dividend to resume from next year, but judging by how cautious the Boards have been so far I'd probably not be surprised if they decide against it. ;)

jimdog31
18-10-2021, 06:26 PM
https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/13922750/thumb/1.jpg

me, 8.31am most mornings

mistaTea
18-10-2021, 06:31 PM
https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/13922750/thumb/1.jpg

me, 8.31am most mornings

I think it is highly likely that the sale will go unconditional by the end of this week.

Just in time for the AGM.

So we won't be waiting long. I reckon the property sale is announced by Friday, and then we find out what version of Lolly Scramble we will be entitled to the following Thursday.

LaserEyeKiwi
18-10-2021, 07:06 PM
I think it is highly likely that the sale will go unconditional by the end of this week.

Just in time for the AGM.

So we won't be waiting long. I reckon the property sale is announced by Friday, and then we find out what version of Lolly Scramble we will be entitled to the following Thursday.

Nek minute at AGM:

”we have decided to cancel the property sale as we need somewhere to store all the SkyGlass TVs we have ordered”

LEMON
19-10-2021, 10:24 AM
UK Sky glass goes on sale today, be interesting to see what kind of sales it generates in its initial launch

peat
19-10-2021, 10:30 AM
Front page of AFR.

https://www.afr.com/

https://i.imgur.com/zJpiVAz.jpg

HAHA funny

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 10:31 AM
Front page of AFR.

https://www.afr.com/

https://i.imgur.com/zJpiVAz.jpg

Note: the above is satire

haha!

Actually SKT was a target...but they just got low balled.

Alpha
19-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Better get news soon or we will be back in the cents.

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 01:46 PM
Better get news soon or we will be back in the cents.

I still think we will probably find out by Friday that we are overnight billionaires... at the AGM next week absolute latest.

Just tossing up whether or not to go out and by the bottle of Dom today in anticipation.

Balance
19-10-2021, 02:05 PM
I still think we will probably find out by Friday that we are overnight billionaires... at the AGM next week absolute latest.

Just tossing up whether or not to go out and by the bottle of Dom today in anticipation.

Colliers who has the mandate to sell the Leonard St property has removed the ‘for sale advert’ from its website. It had been there since May.

Either a sale is going through or Sky has decided to pull the property from the market.

Guess there will definitely be an update by Friday?

Place your bets!!!

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Guess there will definitely an update by Friday?

Can't sey definitely but I think it is highly likely.

And I would be shocked if the sale was pulled at this stage. The question is really going to be around how good a job did Colliers do...did they attract the best buyers and negotiate a compelling price?

Hopefully Sky get above $75M after fees for the campus...$2k/sqm would be over $80M...and in this market some might even argue that Sky should be able to get closer to $2.5k/sqm.

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 02:13 PM
Colliers who has the mandate to sell the Leonard St property has removed the ‘for sale advert’ from its website.

Given the ad was pulled days ago...if the reason was because Sky have decided not to go through with the sale I think they would be required to update the market by now...

So the fact that this has not happened makes me think that the ad has been pulled because they are at the final stages of going unconditional...

mikelee
19-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Guess the SP is not going to budge until the fat lady sings :D
I've topped up enough recently so will just sit on the fence for now. :)

Balance
19-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Stop stealing my posts © ® ™

Sorry - thought it had not been posted before. :ohmy:

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 02:28 PM
This is my idea for the best case scenario...

Colliers manage to get Sky $2.25K/sqm which would be about $95M. I know some will think that is overly optimistic...and maybe it is, this is SKT after all! But let's just imagine a best case where they can actually get a price/sqm that is close enough to what other properties seem to be able to get at the moment...

And let's just say that after all fees and costs etc Sky have $90M.

Well, they could do a tax free distribution of $75M of that to shareholders by way of capital return. For every 7 shares owned, cancel 1 and pay sharholders $3/share. This is what I have mentioned before, and the more I think about it the more I think I would prefer this to an on market buyback.

Sky further reduce s/o to 150M while also effectively giving long suffering shareholders a tax free dividend.

In this scenario they would also keep $15M...which would give them a cash balance of $50M+. No debt, so balance sheet is still strong.

And if you think the worst case scenario is that they walk away with only $50M for the campus then you can rework the above figures...but the approach/principe remains the same.

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 02:44 PM
Sky should use the money and give 150,000 customers free broadband for 12 months.

This would jump Sky to number 3 provider and ironically give then a higher EBITA valuation which would more than offset the $90m loss.

Yeah...I'll take the cash thanks :t_up:

Joshuatree
19-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Or The Antivax games, a great way to eliminate them, give them there 5 seconds of fame and then"Kapow", "Blam" ."Aargh"

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 03:15 PM
If they do the buyback/CR as per my description...

Then they can start a dividend next year. Even if the dividend starts out at $30M p/a that would be 20c/share. The SP would probably sit somewhere between $2.50 - $3.50 depending on assumptions for yield and the market's expectations around growth.

SP could even hit $4 ($600M market cap) if the growth story got more traction.

THEN Sky is in a much strong position when it comes to exploring any M&A transactions.

mistaTea got it allllll figured out! Don't you worry!

Meh
19-10-2021, 03:27 PM
All the ideas are great! Do mista tea's share cancel/buy back along with ogg's 150,000 free WiFi plans. My quick math makes that a bargain at 15mill. Assuming 65mill for the property sale. 15mill WiFi plan and 50mill buyback/cancel.

Edit: quick math was only for a month...
So I reckon just oggs idea of the squid games is a goer. But not liking my chances as I feel all sky holders are desperate.

peat
19-10-2021, 03:35 PM
The price has mostly held at the 38.2% fib retracement since the rise in late August

That one spike down to the 50% retracement level shows good support - volume rose that day (from Jarden chart not shown)

Discl. small long.

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 06:25 PM
If they do the mistaTea Plan…

The SP will rocket up to $2.90 as stock traders take advantage of arbitrage btw…

Everyone should be praying that Sophie has taken on board my feedback…

Meh
19-10-2021, 07:00 PM
I'm easily convinced! At this stage, I will take any plan as long as communication is a part of it, which is currently lacking from this company.

mistaTea
19-10-2021, 07:07 PM
I'm easily convinced!

Let's just hope that:

Sky get a great price for the campus; and
Sky don't somehow screw up the capital return. The mistaTea Plan is by far and away the best option (if I do say so myself!)

mikelee
20-10-2021, 10:09 AM
I'll have to settle for Gran Turismo on PS4 unless Mr Tea's vision for SKY comes true, then I'll go out and buy the real thing. :D

mistaTea
20-10-2021, 10:11 AM
I'll have to settle for Gran Turismo on PS4 unless Mr Tea's vision for SKY comes true, then I'll go out and buy the real thing. :D

Look, just name one time I have ever been wrong about Sky (https://c.tenor.com/8e6KPdD63CIAAAAd/psycho-laughing-hysterically.gif)!

mistaTea
21-10-2021, 08:49 AM
Nek minute at AGM:

”we have decided to cancel the property sale as we need somewhere to store all the SkyGlass TVs we have ordered”

Soooo... my contacts have confirmed that Sky UK have been swamped with orders for Sky Glass. They have almost run out of stock and are trying to ramp up production to meet Demand.

Even if Sky NZ were able to do a license deal today it will be some time before we could get our hands on the product, since Foxtel already did a deal and are ahead of us in the queue.

mistaTea
21-10-2021, 02:11 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/16457623/sky-glass-tv-invitation-invite-buy-register-how-order/

Sky Glass...man what a turd! I sure hope SNT aren't even considering adopting the tech!

:scared:

Right Lazer Eye?

Monarch
21-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Set top box vs Sky Glass

Should work with any TV, of any size, shape and quality vs limited selection, would require periodic purchases to keep up with latest tech

Should work with existing TV systems in ones home, lower cost than purchasing an entirely new TV vs requires purchase of a new TV, likely to replace one that still works fine

Not restricted by internet quality alone, offer best of both streaming and satellite vs experience dictated by internet quality

Technophobic individuals will require assistance, adding difficulty, need satellite dish for full function, inconvenient vs simpler installation, especially for those without complex sound systems

If you have the time or knowledge to set up the set top box, I see no reason why you would be compelled to buy Sky glass. IE, Sky glass will probably appeal most to the technophobic and the busy that have money to splash. Verdict? Would be nice to have in the offering but I think sky box should be our immediate priority.

mistaTea
21-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Set top box vs Sky Glass

Should work with any TV, of any size, shape and quality vs limited selection, would require periodic purchases to keep up with latest tech

Should work with existing TV systems in ones home, lower cost than purchasing an entirely new TV vs requires purchase of a new TV, likely to replace one that still works fine

Not restricted by internet quality alone, offer best of both streaming and satellite vs experience dictated by internet quality

Technophobic individuals will require assistance, adding difficulty, need satellite dish for full function, inconvenient vs simpler installation, especially for those without complex sound systems

If you have the time or knowledge to set up the set top box, I see no reason why you would be compelled to buy Sky glass. IE, Sky glass will probably appeal most to the technophobic and the busy that have money to splash. Verdict? Would be nice to have in the offering but I think sky box should be our immediate priority.

Very valid points. I say thank ya!

But...

Why do you guys think that Sky has to be a business that supports Set Top Box OR Sky Glass? Why can't they have both product offerings?

I will get the new STB early next year, and would be unlikely to buy a Sky Glass if it came out soon after because I have a 70inch UHD TV that is in great working order, and the new STB will give me the NETFLIX-style 'look and feel' for all of my content.

There will be plenty of other customers like me, so no argument there. And with regards to the hybrid nature of the new STB...that will be of benefit to some customers but not all. I hope it can function as a straight IP service too, for those who don't have a satellite dish (and don't want one).

But people are buying new TV's every day...if you are in the market for a new TV...why would Sky Glass not be competitive against other products?

If I needed to upgrade my TV...I would absolutely consider getting Sky Glass even if I already have the new STB. And there will be plenty of other people who do not have a STB and either are not Sky customers or just use SSN or NEON...when they are in the market for a new TV why wouldn't they consider Sky Glass? They may even cancel their NEON and SSN and take a more comprehensive Sky TV bundle if they like the way the TV works...

It really isn't one or the other guys!

Monarch
21-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Yeah as I said I think it would be a nice addition to the line-up, but I think the sky box will have wider appeal and I'd prefer sky to be razor focused on ensuring it is a success before they consider offering sky glass.

LEMON
22-10-2021, 10:17 AM

Wondering if Sky will make an announcement today on the property sale

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 10:27 AM
Wondering if Sky will make an announcement today on the property sale

I was hoping by today!

Not looking likely...but hopefully we still get an update by the AGM.

LaserEyeKiwi
22-10-2021, 10:36 AM
Isn’t there a minimum time period for announcing a significant transaction like this to the market?

LEMON
22-10-2021, 01:15 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381490

Nearly got too excited, for the wrong announcement, I was hoping for a property sale there

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 01:19 PM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/381490

Nearly got too excited, for the wrong announcement, I was hoping for a property sale there

NZR free to sell their stake now.

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 01:30 PM
NZR will want to get paid from the property sale first anyway...

Plus future dividends.

No benefit to them selling any time soon.

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 01:42 PM
I suspect Sky would purchase their holdings if they do want out.

Well they will have more cash than you can shake a stick at soon...

Baa_Baa
22-10-2021, 02:31 PM
No benefit to them selling any time soon.

I can't remember what NZR paid for them, are they under water now?

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 02:31 PM
I can't remember what NZR paid for them, are they under water now?

They paid zilch.

Shares were given to them as part of the last rugby deal.

Baa_Baa
22-10-2021, 02:39 PM
They paid zilch.

Shares were given to them as part of the last rugby deal.

Right, thanks for the reminder. Given the perilous state of NZR finances, maybe they will sell the shares.

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 02:57 PM
80% paper loss if they sold now.

Hopefully they do and Sky buys their holdings.

They own such a small piece of the business now relative to other corporations it really isn't much of a talking point in my view.

Whether they hold them or sell them - it doesn't mean anything anymore. If they of participated in the CR and still held over 5% of the business then that would be much more noteworth in the event of a sale.

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 02:58 PM
80% paper loss if they sold now.

And it's nice to know that SOMEONE has done worse than mistaTea! :t_up:

mistaTea
22-10-2021, 03:31 PM
Where's the property update bro. You said it would happen by now!

I said today or AGM absolute latest!

Still time for me to be right about something for once!

JohnnyTheHorse
22-10-2021, 03:41 PM
IIRC on the earnings call the said the sale was delayed by level 4 restrictions (no site visits) and an update would be provided at the AGM.

Likely a material transaction, so would need to be announced as soon as it goes unconditional.

Edit: for the sake for feeding Ogg and mistaTea, it'll probably go unconditional at 4pm today and we'll have announcement before 5pm. Have a good weekend.

mistaTea
23-10-2021, 04:17 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12480803

More cuts to senior leadership to make Sky a learner operation and save $$$

LaserEyeKiwi
25-10-2021, 01:00 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12480803

More cuts to senior leadership to make Sky a learner operation and save $$$

These two oversaw the alleged toxic work culture within SkySport, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is a “mutual” decision between sky and these two executives that it would be a good time to consider other career opportunities.

mistaTea
25-10-2021, 03:40 PM
These two oversaw the alleged toxic work culture within SkySport, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is a “mutual” decision between sky and these two executives that it would be a good time to consider other career opportunities.

Maybe it turned out that Tex was found guilty of showing the ladies his boerewors…

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 09:55 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/how-a-345m-deal-was-done-during-lockdowns-arvidas-arena-living-buyup/X5URUMQ5BYCRI5PWGTI7TIIBII/

If these guys could do a big deal to buy real estate over Zoom...God only knows why Sky TV's property sale has had to experience delays.

Balance
26-10-2021, 09:58 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/how-a-345m-deal-was-done-during-lockdowns-arvidas-arena-living-buyup/X5URUMQ5BYCRI5PWGTI7TIIBII/

If these guys could do a big deal to buy real estate over Zoom...God only knows why Sky TV's property sale has had to experience delays.

Because no sale is taking place?

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Because no sale is taking place?

It must be taking place otherwise they would need to let the market know that they have changed their mind.

sb9
26-10-2021, 10:06 AM
It must be taking place otherwise they would need to let the market know that they have changed their mind.

Not long to go one way or other to know with ASM on Thu 28th.

Balance
26-10-2021, 10:21 AM

My personal observation over the years is that when a deal takes too long to do, it usually ends up not getting done.

I did hear from a real estate source that the plan by the government to allow even higher density (3 storey) has changed the real estate landscape just within the last week - awaiting further details from the government as to the nuts & bolts of the policy. Could be another reason I guess for delay.

sb9
26-10-2021, 11:01 AM
My personal observation over the years is that when a deal takes too long to do, it usually ends up not getting done.

I did hear from a real estate source that the plan by the government to allow even higher density (3 storey) has changed the real estate landscape just within the last week - awaiting further details from the government as to the nuts & bolts of the policy. Could be another reason I guess for delay.

That new policy bodes even better for that piece of land.

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 11:27 AM
Do not fear fellow shareholders...!

Surely Sky TV are not diminished in their capabilities so much that they are unable to even sell property in Auckland's booming market!

We will sell it, and we will be paid handsomely. I can almost taste it.

Let's just hope that they have a meaningful update about it by Thursday (hopefully confirmation that the sale has gone unconditional with details of the sale price).

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Prospective buyers of the property are worried about the changing industry landscape and the threat of competition so they have decided to reduce their offer to considerably blow market price.

They have told Sky that people aren't living on land as much anymore...Covid has changed the trend so more people are living on boats or considering a move to Mars now.

So the land the Mt Wellington campus occupies is almost worthless. Only old people will continue living on land (and will be prepared to pay handsomely for the privilege), but once they cark it then it's all over red rover for land.

Man, we really can't catch a break can we?

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Next on the agenda:

Sky to raise $100m in a placement @ 12 cents to buy CricketPass

No retail offer.

Don't forget we also have to give 5% of the business to Horny Warney as part of the deal...

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 12:19 PM
We should all make our predictions now as to how much the land sells for...since we are so close to the AGM.

I think they will get $85M (excluding fees etc). They should get close enough to $2000/sqm.

Balance
26-10-2021, 12:47 PM
SP under pressure leading to the ASM.

Word has gotten out that bad news is on the way?

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 12:49 PM

Not likely.

For Sky, it is usually good news that causes the SP to drop most severely in my experience...

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 12:50 PM

And LOLLLLLL.

SP drops 1% and it is "under pressure".

Christ Almighty.

Balance
26-10-2021, 12:52 PM
And LOLLLLLL.

Christ Almighty.

Been steadily dropping since sp consolidation. That's what I meant.

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Been steadily dropping since sp consolidation. That's what I meant.

Well it sure aint what you said :D

Balance
26-10-2021, 02:26 PM
Well it sure aint what you said :D

Down 3.1% now - at this rate, it will be $1.75 by ASM date?

Balance
26-10-2021, 03:21 PM
And LOLLLLLL.

Christ Almighty.

Now down 9c or 4.7% - more like pressure?

As a shareholder, I am realistic and objective about a piece of land put up for sale in a red hot property market in May 2021 but has not sold by October 26th.

Market probably coming to a view that the sale is not happening?

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Now down 9c or 4.7% - more like pressure?

As a shareholder, I am realistic and objective about a piece of land put up for sale in a red hot property market in May 2021 but has not sold by October 26th.

Market probably coming to a view that the sale is not happening?

if it hits 5% we are well and truly in the pressure cooker mate!

I have no idea what the market is thinking. Maybe it has decided that the property sale is a no go! 5 months and no sale is not a great look that's for sure.

Balance
26-10-2021, 03:35 PM
if it hits 5% we are well and truly in the pressure cooker mate!

I have no idea what the market is thinking. Maybe it has decided that the property sale is a no go! 5 months and no sale is not a great look that's for sure.

Well, there will be an update one way or the other by or at the AGM. Not something the directors can skirt around, given the expectations out there.

Meanwhile, what has happened to Osmium? Would have thought they would be happy to start buying more again at this level.

mistaTea
26-10-2021, 03:38 PM
Well, there will be an update one way or the other by or at the AGM. Not something the directors can skirt around, given the expectations out there.

Agreed.

Meanwhile, what has happened to Osmium? Would have thought they would be happy to start buying more again at this level.

I think someone looked at their buying behaviour when they were building up to their ~20% stake in NZME...and they went through 'waves' of buying up before pausing for whatever reason.

So either they are just pausing before beginning another rounf of buying SKT...or maybe they have no intention of buying up to 19.99% like they did with NZME.

No way to know.

LEMON
26-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Agreed.

I think someone looked at their buying behaviour when they were building up to their ~20% stake in NZME...and they went through 'waves' of buying up before pausing for whatever reason.

So either they are just pausing before beginning another rounf of buying SKT...or maybe they have no intention of buying up to 19.99% like they did with NZME.

No way to know.

More positive it may only be a tree shake and we could have a buyer before Thursday

Slim
26-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Guess will do another top up

airedale
26-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Remember that it is only a few weeks since CEO Sophie "topped up" with her own money.

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Remember that it is only a few weeks since CEO Sophie "topped up" with her own money.

Yeh probably more indication nothing doing on the property front.

We need action from this board come thursday.

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 08:40 PM
If they cant execute a property sale in the middle of auckland, I have grave concerns over them executing anything.

Balance
26-10-2021, 09:02 PM
Agreed.

No way to know.

I have a suspicion that Osmium was buying today. There was decent turnover (remember to multiply by 10 to get a like for like comparison with previous buying pattern) and someone was happy to take big licks of stock after the so was driven down several % to $1.84.

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 09:07 PM
I have a suspicion that Osmium was buying today. There was decent turnover (remember to multiply by 10 to get a like for like comparison with previous buying pattern) and someone was happy to take big licks of stock after the so was driven down several % to $1.84.

Nah Osmium have stopped buying because their fund has taken a hammering on their Tuesday Morning position. 60% of their fund. Dropped 50% right when they were buying in 10 Sep, that's why we haven't seen any follow through since.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tuesday+morning+share+price&rlz=1C1GIGM_enNZ894NZ894&oq=tuesday+morning+share+price&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j0i22i30j0i22i30i395.5120j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 09:16 PM
Are you subscribed to the Osmium newsletter?

Nah, i just did some DD when i saw they'd stopped buying....

https://whalewisdom.com/filer/osmium-partners-llc

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 09:46 PM
60% of their portfolio invested in some sh*tty small cap stock that's been listed less than a year?

They're more nuts than you jimdog!

That's a low bar for them to limbo.....

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 09:47 PM
60% of their portfolio invested in some sh*tty small cap stock that's been listed less than a year?

They're more nuts than you jimdog!

Yeh, when I saw that I realised they're gamblers, not investors.

jimdog31
26-10-2021, 09:54 PM
Sky or NZME isn't listed. I doubt that website is accurate.

Dont they have more than one fund?

mikelee
27-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Looks like the market leaders were down yesterday, overall, except AIA. So best not to make too many wild guesses and just sit tight for the AGM.:)

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 11:03 AM
They must be signing the paperwork right now, getting ready to announce to the Market by COB that WE ARE RICH! SO VERY RICH!

Just in time for the AGM...

jimdog31
27-10-2021, 11:14 AM
They must be signing the paperwork right now, getting ready to announce to the Market by COB that WE ARE RICH! SO VERY RICH!

Just in time for the AGM...

ill need to go take my ritalin!!!

jimdog31
27-10-2021, 11:15 AM
Lets be honest, in line with every other presentation, meeting and hype event, tomorrow will truly disappoint!

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 11:18 AM
Lets be honest, in line with every other presentation, meeting and hype event, tomorrow will truly disappoint!

Look, it's best we set expectations here so that we are not disappointed...

The Best Case Scenario

Sophie announces that we have gone unconditional on the campus sale. Sky are going to net $80M...giving Sky a cash balance of $120M. $x will be returned to shareholders by way of buyback or capital return, and the rest will be used for some 'exciting growth prospects".

The Worst Case Scenario

The property has not sold yet but we get to learn how many new te reo words Sophie has learned this month!

percy
27-10-2021, 11:34 AM

The Best Case Scenario

Sophie announces that we have gone unconditional on the campus sale. Sky are going to net $80M...giving Sky a cash balance of $120M. $x will be returned to shareholders by way of buyback or capital return, and the rest will be used for some 'exciting growth prospects".

The Worst Case Scenario

The property has not sold yet but we get to learn how many new te reo words Sophie has learned this month!

Great post.
Loved it.

LEMON
27-10-2021, 11:43 AM

The Best Case Scenario

The Worst Case Scenario

For what underlying reasons would SKT pull the plug on the sale do we think?

It's a hot property you would think they'd have gotten plenty of good offers during this market and location on the buildings

It may be sold and they have a plan going forward with the capital and would rather wait to announce it at the AGM, yet as others have pointed out the sale is price sensitive leading to an announcement sooner, unless it's not finalised as of yet

jimdog31
27-10-2021, 11:45 AM

The Best Case Scenario

The Worst Case Scenario

I prefer Te Real to Te Reo.

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 11:48 AM
For what underlying reasons would SKT pull the plug on the sale do we think?

It's a hot property you would think they'd have gotten plenty of good offers during this market and location on the buildings

It may be sold and they have a plan going forward with the capital and would rather wait to announce it at the AGM, yet as others have pointed out the sale is price sensitive leading to an announcement sooner, unless it's not finalised as of yet

Now that you mention it...I went back to the property announcements (May and August)...and neither of them were marked as 'price sensitive'.

So perhaps they have sold it and want to reveal the 'good news' tomorrow? Perhaps they are not required to announce the sale to the market right away (as we have all assumed).

I would be absolutely stunned if they did not sell the property. They do not need 42,000 sqm moving forward as they look to trim down further.

There is a question around whether or not they are able to negotiate a fantastic price...but I cannot see a scenario where the sale gets scrapped altogether.

LaserEyeKiwi
27-10-2021, 12:23 PM
“We have decided the future is in publishing! Therefore we are retaining the property and installing our own printing presses as we expect demand for the skywatch magazine will rise ten fold!”

”addtionally we think people are unlikely to want content via the internet long term, so will be building new warehouses on the site to store all the additional satellite dishes we have just ordered.”

”we have listened to our shareholders and agree the new Comcast developed SkyGlass tv is some really good ****. We will need additional warehousing on site to store the half million TVs we have ordered, and a new repair center for the expected failure rate.”

”in summary we are no longer selling the property and to finance the new initiatives we will be raising $200 million of additional capital at $1 per share”

LEMON
27-10-2021, 12:23 PM
"Sky New Zealand has identified that greater value is likely to be delivered by selling all three buildings on the site as a package" in other words they've already agreed to sell all three to a buyer back in August, covid slowed the process so all will be announced tomorrow, possibly lol

LaserEyeKiwi
27-10-2021, 12:26 PM
On a more serious note - what is sky using to deliver its streaming products? Whose data center & content delivery network are they using? an argument could possibly be made for the need for a data center to be based in Auckland.

Alpha
27-10-2021, 02:11 PM
Looks like yesterday was more of a shake out pre AGM

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Looks like yesterday was more of a shake out pre AGM

Am I rich again today then?

Alpha
27-10-2021, 03:28 PM
Don't bank on it. Fingers crossed tomorrow.

LEMON
27-10-2021, 04:08 PM
No idea what im talking about so take with a pinch of salt

Yesterday to me look like a tree shake, pushing out some traders by hitting their stops and scaring out some fearful retail investors, that to me is a signal the market is looking for a uptrend, but again I could be full of BS and way of the mark. It will be interesting to see what the close is today and if any buyers show up before 5pm

LaserEyeKiwi
27-10-2021, 04:49 PM
completely baseless speculation on my part - but if the property sale price was far less than what the market was expecting, and that news had leaked out (via colliers staff perhaps) - that might be reason for the small sell-off we have seen this week.

personally I am not expecting anything over $50 million. probably be closer to $30 million.

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 04:54 PM
completely baseless speculation on my part - but if the property sale price was far less than what the market was expecting, and that news had leaked out (via colliers staff perhaps) - that might be reason for the small sell-off we have seen this week.

personally I am not expecting anything over $50 million. probably be closer to $30 million.

So you only expect Sky to get ~$700/sqm?

Geez…

LEMON
27-10-2021, 04:58 PM
So you only expect Sky to get ~$700/sqm?

Geez…

Personally, I think the deal was already sealed in August, we will buy if we get the 3 buildings for our development

SKT- okay we will update our announcement

mistaTea
27-10-2021, 05:13 PM
Personally, I think the deal was already sealed in August, we will buy if we get the 3 buildings for our development

SKT- okay we will update our announcement

I don’t know that they had ‘lined up’ a definite buyer a rush point…

But I think a number of interested parties would have expressed interest in buying the whole campus.

And they have been working with these potential buyers to get them to bid up the price.

bobestm
27-10-2021, 05:30 PM
What is the intended use of the site?
Are they planning to lease it back?

ados_nz
28-10-2021, 08:33 AM
Well the property still hasn't sold....

mikelee
28-10-2021, 08:33 AM
I doubt that the property sale alone could have so much impact on the SP.

winner69
28-10-2021, 08:39 AM
Going to be a low key Ho hum ASM and she’s going to show a picture of the new thingie.

Exciting stuff

JohnnyTheHorse
28-10-2021, 08:44 AM
Earlier this year we initiated a process to monetise all or part of our property holdings at Mt.Wellington. While the level 4 lockdown restrictions forced Colliers to delay the sale process, I canreport that good progress has been made in recent weeks. The response from the market confirmsthat the Board made the correct decision to re-frame the scope of the property offer to include all ofour buildings on the site. Management, supported by external consultants, are finalising a propertystrategy that includes significantly downsizing our Mt Wellington footprint, a higher-profile presencein a central Auckland site, alongside a commitment to an ‘anywhere works’ programme that enablesmany of our crew to work flexibly between their homes and the Company’s sites. Onceimplemented we will provide a workspace that supports cultural change, facilitates new ways ofcollaboration and working, and better meets the needs of our team.

My reading of it (which could be very wrong):
- Offering all three properties has generated a significant premium as expected
- Process has been delayed by Covid AND Sky working out how they will operate in the future. This is important, as they need this strategy in place before signing sale and leaseback agreements (particularly around timing and how much they want to lease back).

Balance
28-10-2021, 08:48 AM
My reading of it (which could be very wrong):
- Offering all three properties has generated a significant premium as expected
- Process has been delayed by Covid AND Sky working out how they will operate in the future. This is important, as they need this strategy in place before signing sale and leaseback agreements (particularly around timing and how much they want to lease back).

I believe you are correct in your assessment.

Confirms why Colliers is not adverting the property for sale any more on their website as final negotiations are in progress.

Better to take time to get the right deal than buckle to market pressure to show a sale.

Shareguy
28-10-2021, 08:52 AM
I agree Johnnythehorse they have to find a new property and a development of that size will take sum time to work out. It’s a positive and I think the end result will please shareholders. Also more importantly that on track for $35m growth this year. That alone is very good news indeed.

jimdog31
28-10-2021, 08:52 AM
I believe you are correct in your assessment.

Confirms why Colliers is not adverting the property for sale any more on their website as final negotiations are in progress.

Better to take time to get the right deal than buckle to market pressure to show a sale.

It gives more weight to my OCA theory…. a rezoning/resource process is underway

jimdog31
28-10-2021, 08:56 AM
And black crane have decided they arent getting dividends so they are out…. expext to see some downward pressure as they clear through their 8 mill shares.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 08:56 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/SKT/381685/357863.pdf

Black Crane Opportunities fund have dumped about 1M shares.

Obviously Sky not much of an 'Opportunity' for them anymore!

Balance
28-10-2021, 08:59 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/SKT/381685/357863.pdf

Let’s see if Osmium take the opportunity to ‘help’ Black Crane with offloading their whole position.

Would not surprise me if Osmium has been selling a few shares strategically to help Black Crane reach a realisable exit price.

jimdog31

They were dividend hunters, werent really interested in growth. best they leave.

jimdog31
Anyone else spot the couple of Foxtel mentions……

sb9
28-10-2021, 09:07 AM

Sure did, looking forward Q&A session at the ASM today.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 09:08 AM

Yeah! And getting their ex CFO in to help us is great!

Surely it has occured to this guy that Sky-Foxtel could be a great fit in the future.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 09:09 AM
So it looks like we won't know until Feb next year about buybacks/capital return...

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 09:12 AM
Foxtel comments where interesting. Seems like they now see more value in aligning with them. Confirms that maybe a partnership or merger could be on the cards some time later.

Property comments also confirm that it's a major deal. Colliers still haven't advertise Studio One. Seems like major negotiations happening.

"Capital" return now slated for Feb next year.

It seems like the 'rainbow' is just around the corner for this company and then it always drifts further away. Shareholders have been tested to the max.

Is it worth the wait? Probably, but my God, a takeover would just speed things up and unlock all the value instantly. Without one it's a harrowing and uncertain wait for an above average return for above average risk. It's stuck in a never ending end game.

At least the casino is fun.

Are you going to stick around or sell down as you mentioned you might earlier?

sb9
28-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Ask them what the muppets at Jarden have been doing for the last few months. I suspect they've been working at home and spending all my hard earn doing jack sh*t all day!

Haha, most Aucklanders are in the same boat ;)

jimdog31
28-10-2021, 09:20 AM
the foxtel inserts were 100% deliberate. Surely Jarden is working away furiously. Surely.

Notice how theres no longer any confirmation that they are working on options?

Someone ask!

cyclist
28-10-2021, 09:23 AM
the foxtel inserts were 100% deliberate.

Of the all the wild speculation on this thread, a sky NZ and Foxtel tie-in of some sort makes the greatest sense in my mind.

Nothing to light a fire today (no surprise there), but pretty happy overall.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 09:26 AM
the foxtel inserts were 100% deliberate. Surely Jarden is working away furiously. Surely.

No I don't think so mate.

Foxtel need to IPO first...Murdoch and co need to get paid. The business carries a lot of debt, and they have things they will want to sort out first.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/foxtel-brings-in-big-gun-as-it-weighs-float-20211021-p591w1.html

But once they float (assuming it happens) then I reckon a Foxtel-Sky merger becomes a realistic proposal. And the deal can be done by just offering Sky shareholders X Foxtel shares based on an agreed conversion rate.

jimdog31
28-10-2021, 09:46 AM
No I don't think so mate.

Foxtel need to IPO first...Murdoch and co need to get paid. The business carries a lot of debt, and they have things they will want to sort out first.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/foxtel-brings-in-big-gun-as-it-weighs-float-20211021-p591w1.html

But once they float (assuming it happens) then I reckon a Foxtel-Sky merger becomes a realistic proposal. And the deal can be done by just offering Sky shareholders X Foxtel shares based on an agreed conversion rate.

sorry I should be more clear with my sarcasm
:)

Agreed a foxtel merger has the most synergy of all our outlandish M + A theories.

God this company is more of a tease than Mrs Tea!

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 09:58 AM
s

God this company is more of a tease than Mrs Tea!

Hey! That's missusTea​ thank-you-very-much.

jimdog31
28-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Hey! That's missusTea​ thank-you-very-much.

Bahahahaha

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Bahahahaha

We prefer to speak Te Reo as much as we can in the Tea Household, you see.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:05 AM
I would love to ask some questions...but you sneaky b@stards would probably figure out that it is me...

airedale
28-10-2021, 10:08 AM
Any body else not getting sound with the picture at the AGM?

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:11 AM
Any body else not getting sound with the picture at the AGM?

Working perfectly for me.

But then I have... SKY BROADBAND!!!

Alpha
28-10-2021, 10:14 AM
Working fine for me as well. Also Sky broadband.

airedale
28-10-2021, 10:16 AM
Working perfectly for me.

But then I have... SKY BROADBAND!!!

Sky broadband!.....Sign me up:eek2:

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:42 AM
Man Geraldine's photo looks way hotter than the real thing.

biker
28-10-2021, 10:43 AM
Shame they didn’t put the picture of the new box on a dark background

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:47 AM
Lol that first question

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:49 AM
Lol that 2nd question

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Lol wtf the third question what the hell is going on

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Finally a good question (rugbypass)

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Finally a good question

You're welcome.

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:55 AM
A property question!

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:55 AM
A property question!

This must be Ogg's question...

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:56 AM
You're welcome.

Bravo MistaTea!

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:57 AM
Thanks to whoever asked the M&A question.

A shame it’s a bit of a non-answer.

Quantitative Easing
28-10-2021, 10:58 AM
Please ask about buyback guys.

LaserEyeKiwi
Let’s outsource everything!

mistaTea
Thanks to whoever asked the M&A question.

A shame it’s a bit of a non-answer.

You are welcome again.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Wait for the next doozy....

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Caliber of questions has dramatically increased!

answers on the other hand of dubious quality.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 11:01 AM
FFS he already addressed buybacks.

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 11:03 AM
Lol putting the knife in, nice.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 11:04 AM
lol putting the knife in, nice.

no mercy!!!

Quantitative Easing
28-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Make them squirm. They have lined their pockets with our money. Ask the 'tough' questions. **** Martin.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Man there are some abslutely poofta questions in the mix.

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 11:06 AM
Hmmm…real estate developers wouldn’t be overly keen on the property if Sky wants to remain in studio one for a significant amount of time.

LaserEyeKiwi
28-10-2021, 11:08 AM
I think his definition of “exciting times” is not the same as mine.

Quantitative Easing
28-10-2021, 11:08 AM
that meeting was complete blue balls.

mistaTea
28-10-2021, 11:10 AM
$2.30 offer!

Guy's let's take this!

A bidding war might start soon after!

That offer is ancient history mate.