PDA

View Full Version : NAV-NAVIGATOR RESOURCES

Pages : [1] 2

JBmurc
24-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Anyone been following this explorer-soon to have 1mill oz gold resource base - free-carried 30% nickel/zinc/pgm J.V partners SMY MMB ;)
-36mcap- 4.8mill bank 39c per share
-Good infrastructure-low cost start up
-Open-pit startup mining (in the heart of the Eastern gold fields WA)
www.navigatorresources.com.au

----latest news----
An interim update of JORC resource estimates at Navigator Resources’ Leonora gold project has increased its resource inventory approximately 60 percent, from 444,000 ounces to 700,000 ounces.

The revised estimate does not include the Merton’s Reward area, where drilling and resource modelling are in progress following recent drill results, including 18m at 4.8 g/t gold, 30m at 2.0 g/t gold and 3m at 38.3 g/t gold.

Resources in the Mertondale area have increased from 70,000 ounces (Inferred) to 249,000 ounces, of which 60 percent is in the Indicated Resource category.

Resources in the Cardinia area have also increased from 170,000 ounces (Inferred) to 206,000 ounces, of which 93,000 ounces have been upgraded to the Measured and Indicated Resource category.

Most of the resource occurs in shallow, near-surface settings, amenable to open pit mining and Navigator completed most of the resource estimates using a lower cut-off grade of 0.5 g/t gold to maximize the profitability, continuity and mining recovery in an open pit mining scenario.

The company is now planning scoping studies incorporating open pit optimisation, and sensitivity analyses, in conjunction with metallurgical testwork, while Navigator’s active drilling program continues with the objective of boosting the resource inventory to one million ounces.

The company has been encouraged by previous metallurgical testwork, which is supported by gold recoveries from previous mining operations in the project area.

Once optimum open pit depths have been established, Navigator has planned further resource estimates at higher cut-off grades to assess the underground mining potential evident at several deposits.

- 23 Nov 2006

JBMURC-holds NAV

JBmurc
27-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Gold 641 looking good am confident we'll see it break through 700 soon,Looks like investors have been studying NAV future growth potention over the weekend 42c 1.15mill volume
7.6% so far ,big buyer 200,000 at 41c certainly Wants his share.;)

JBmurc
28-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Big year ahead for NAV
-Up 20% from topic post 24/11/06;)sp 38c-39c now 46c

Anyone here holding or watching NAV- rated third best aussie gold jnr explorer of the year-GOLD MINING Journal

-Zinc,ur,nickel will be the bonus for NAV

-Apex buying up NAV looking for a seat on the board.overall tighly held share 50%+ top 20

JBmurc
29-12-2006, 03:15 PM
NAV starting to breakout opened at 55c;) currently-49c

JBmurc
25-01-2007, 01:53 PM
NAVIGATOR RESOURCES LIMITED
ABN 82 063 366 487
Unit 1, PO Box 276, West Perth WA 6872
25 January 2007
Company Announcements Office via electronic lodgement (5 pages)
Australian Stock Exchange
PO Box H224, Australia Square
Sydney NSW 2000
RARE EARTH-URANIUM RESOURCE
TARGETED AT CUMMINS RANGE
HIGHLIGHTS
• Historical Rare Earth Oxide (REO) drill intercepts to >17% REO
• Coincident uranium intercepts to 0.56 lb/tonne U3O8 from limited drill-sampling
• Resource delineation drilling to commence in April 2007; non-JORC REO resource reported by previous explorer (CRA)
• Untested uranium anomaly 5kms to northeast
• Cummins Range earmarked for dedicated funding and manning to maintain corporate focus on flagship Leonora Gold Project
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A review of Navigator’s 100%-owned Cummins Range project in the East Kimberley (Figure 1) has identified a substantial high grade rare earth oxide (REO) - uranium target amenable to resource delineation drilling. Mineralisation is associated with the Cummins Range carbonatite, which hosts a non-JORC REO resource outlined by CRA Exploration Ltd (CRA) in the 1980’s.
The Cummins Range rare earth oxide - uranium occurrence, located 130kms southeast of Halls Creek, is associated with rare carbonatite rocks similar in nature to that at the Mt Weld rare earth oxide deposit (Western Australia), currently being developed as Australia’s first REO mine. Grades from historical drill intersections at Cummins Range (Table 1) are comparable to that at the advanced Nolan’s Bore deposit (Northern Territory).
Based on REO grades from historical drilling, Navigator has outlined a coherent 600m x 200m zone of aircore drill holes with >1% REO drill intersections in the middle of the Cummins Range pyroxenite diatreme (Figures 2 and 3). In addition, an untested uranium-thorium radiometric anomaly, larger in magnitude than that associated with the resource target area, has been identified 5kms northeast of the Cummins Range carbonatite. Significantly, this anomaly is associated with interpreted extensions of an alkaline igneous ring complex that are largely unexplored (Figure 2).
34 Kings Park Road, Telephone: 08 9226 5311
West Perth WA 6005 Facsimile: 08 9226 5411
Website: www.navigatorresources.com.au Email: navigator@navigatorresources.com.au

In the light of the improved price and demand outlook for rare earth oxides and uranium, Navigator plans to undertake 6,000m of reverse circulation (RC) drilling at Cummins Range with the aim of quantifying a JORC resource. Additional aircore drilling is planned to test the uranium-thorium radiometric anomaly 5km to the northeast. Drilling is planned to commence in April 2007 and metallurgical samples will be collected to assess recoveries and examine the scope for low cost beneficiation.
To ensure that the planned work at Cummins Range does not detract from Navigator’s build up in momentum at its flagship 700,000 ounce Leonora gold project, Navigator plansto attract dedicated funding and manning.
The Cummins Range project provides a low risk growth opportunity for Navigator; the advanced nature of previous exploration allows the Company to progress directly to value-adding resource delineation drilling of a target that has demonstrated potential for high grade rare earth metals, uranium and thorium. The large uranium-thorium radiometric anomaly 5kms to the northeast provides further discovery potential.
Historical Exploration
The Cummins Range mineralization was discovered in 1978 by CRA Exploration Pty Ltd who subsequently outlined a nonJORC resource of 3-4Mt grading 2 to 4% REO. Navigator assessed the potential for platinum group metals and conducted an aeromagnetic and radiometric survey in 2002.
-
CRA’s non-JORC resource was based on shallow (average 25m), wide-spaced (100m x 100m) predominantly vertical aircore drilling that resulted in many significant intersections, including a best intercept of 2m at 17.4% REO, 8.7% phosphate (P2O5); uranium was not assayed (Tabl

foodee
26-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Enjoying a bit of a spurt.
Like the REO

disc: holder

JBmurc
22-05-2007, 03:30 PM
-;) hope someone got a truck load of NAV when I first was posting on them.
84c today :(sold out at 56c 30%profit to invest in a very short term growth stock ,would have been better of in NAV but them the breaks
-even at current SP looks great buying $2 potential

foodee
22-05-2007, 07:47 PM
JBM
Unfortunately only a small 'trailer load'.
Chart is nice looking.

Cheers

denpal
23-05-2007, 07:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by JBmurc

-;) hope someone got a truck load of NAV when I first was posting on them.
84c today :(sold out at 56c 30%profit to invest in a very short term growth stock ,would have been better of in NAV but them the breaks
-even at current SP looks great buying $2 potential

NAV is one of the best gold juniors in Australia IMO. The list of gold juniors worth investing in is a very short list too. I got in at 18c a year ago. The REE deposit could be viable in its own right and NAV has already floated the idea of spinning it off.

bullebak
23-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Done a trade after the report came out and made 10 cents, but they look stronger today. Could have done better.

foodee
29-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Continue to power up with no annpuncement![?]

JBmurc
01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I see NAV latest SP-25c be worth keeping an eye on any new annoucements with a near surface gold resource with low start up costs a proven reserve and PFS coming out soon could be yet another great buy on the cheap

JBmurc
20-03-2009, 12:33 PM
NAV - currently 37.5c hit 11c in NOV 08 yet another overlooked jnr making a major rebound in the bear market

tobo
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Anyone seen what this one's doing?

They announce a SPP with a close date out about 2 weeks, and the deal is a doozy : the sp will be determined on the 5 day weighted average just before issue, so when you apply you don't know the price. With me so far?

Then, a week out from the close date (when you have to get your cheque in the mail), they go into trading halt [today] pending an announcement on a previously announced aquisition that had not yet been confirmed.

So after the Trading Halt is lifted next week (after the long weekend) the sp is gonna jump one way or the other, but the kicker is you already put your cheque in the mail - you can't wait to see the result of the TH because you will miss the mail deadline.

What the?

STRAT
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Anyone seen what this one's doing?

They announce a SPP with a close date out about 2 weeks, and the deal is a doozy : the sp will be determined on the 5 day weighted average just before issue, so when you apply you don't know the price. With me so far?

Then, a week out from the close date (when you have to get your cheque in the mail), they go into trading halt [today] pending an announcement on a previously announced aquisition that had not yet been confirmed.

So after the Trading Halt is lifted next week (after the long weekend) the sp is gonna jump one way or the other, but the kicker is you already put your cheque in the mail - you can't wait to see the result of the TH because you will miss the mail deadline.

What the?lol tobo
What a bunch of s holes.
Best leave your cheque book closed I reckon.

drillfix
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I have seen that method of SPP previously from the famous Uran in Ukraine Days.

All I can say is that, it fully SUCKS, and not very well managed IMHO.

What do they take people for, complete idiots?

Anyways, goodluck to those whom venture into the unknown.

JBmurc
10-03-2010, 02:36 PM
worth running the ruler over NAV a emerging mid-tier gold producer

�� Bronzewing production targeted for April 2010
�� Designed to produce 100,000oz Au per annum
�� Objective to increase open pit mine life from 5 to 10 years with higher
quality ounces
�� Leonora trial mining targeted for Feb‐May 2010
�� Objective to fast‐track Leonora to second producing gold mine with
minimal capital requirements
�� Subject to successful trial, Leonora annualised production targeted at up to
50,000oz Au per annum
Navigator – towards mid‐tier gold status
�� Combined company production targeted at up to
150,000oz Au per annum with significant exploration up
side at Bronzewing and Leonora

drillfix
10-03-2010, 03:37 PM
worth running the ruler over NAV a emerging mid-tier gold producer

Hi JB,

A ruler you say?? How about a support line which since has been broken.

JB, this is a trending down stock, and currently I am sorry to say, its not looking too good technically.

(1c off the low of 21st Nov, 2008 @11c)

Maybe with some Luck or fantastic news to drive volume and price to change this nasty trend it may have some life.

Just my opinion anyway JB, sorry if my post is not to you liking and if you would like a chart, I would be happy to provide.

JBmurc
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
we will see drillfix -TA or FA 1.6mill oz gold resource

- gold production to start soon -

will be technically great later this year

It will also be worth alot more to buy

drillfix
10-03-2010, 04:00 PM
LOL, sounds like were gonna have shoot out JB.

Nahh, honestly, by no means is it my intention to sound like I am bagging the stock, as it is not my intention.

I do respect your Fundamentals JB, you raise good points and there are times to look at the fundamentals, but there are also times to look at a chart, which is my point I guess.

The other reason is, these WA goldminers are sometimes culprits of deception, they say one thing and the opposite happens.

You say:
gold production to start soon -

Well dont you think if that were the case, everybody would be on top of the stock rather than selling it down?? Its usually the ramp up with gold companies that have problems, Production soon to me, means nothing, unless the first at a profitable make is on the table as well as the money in the bank.

Look at the likes of Michael Kiernan previous chairman of doomed gold mining company Monarch Gold, what a lie, what deception, what a failure, and I personally know people whom have been badly burned by such plays.

Another example is AXM, I watched that ride down from way over a dollar, and even swing traded it on the way down. People kept saying, top brass management and there will be this or that or any reason, but to me, when I see a gold stock falling as this one has, it means "something is not right", it means, dont worry about how cheap it is or how close to the low it is, it continually will prove that something is not right.

I dont come here to argue, just to make a point. And had I listened to what the technicals were telling me ages ago, I would not be in the position that I am in today, and today the technicals are telling me "something is wrong".

Question is, something wrong with the chart? or with Navigator? and should the worm turn about, Resistance is at 18c Support after 11.5c = None

All the same JB, good luck with that one. Hope it pulls right for you.

JBmurc
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
hey no worries drillfix I'm all for different views is the reason why I post always great to here positive an negative views on a stock I believe I've become a much less emotional investors in that if a company does something I don't like I drop it like it's hot ,it's a pure money making job for me I don't fall in love with stocks.
NAV has plenty risk for sure but with that risk also comes potential large gains why

Market Cap-47mill

12month high 40c low 12c

Cash-18.5m

dept drawn 9m undrawn dept 7m

no-hedging-- 2g/t average 1.6m oz resource

good experienced management
-Trevor Cook –Chief Operating Officer-Ashton Gold, MacMahons, BGC, Consolidated Minerals and View Resources
-Gerry Kaczmarek –Chief Financial Officer-10yrs with TRY
-Gordan galt-nonex director-Former MD Newcrest Mining

-open pit mine at the Bronzewing Gold Project has already been pre-stripped buy a previous operator(view I think)
this mine has a planned production of 100,000oz pa 2011yr 850,000oz gold resource 1000km2 tenament
planned round 50,000 for this year

-Leonora-trail mining at this stage 75k trail through SBM plant =5,000oz aprl-may -50,000oz pa planned- 2011 750,000oz resource-Subject to successful trial, Leonora could be fast‐tracked into full production

-great Exploration potential with over 100mill worth of drilling data already done Still being fully interrogated

-est costs $800oz AUD current Gold price 1200oz AUD -looking forward NAV gross profit 20mill-2010 40mill-2011
60mill-2012(gold bullish going forward 2k+ likely IMHO)

JBmurc
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
radio interview with David Hatch, Managing Director of NAV -

http://www.brr.com.au/event/64652/partner/theaustralian

tobo
11-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I have had a few for a while.
I just don't understand why, in spite of all that upside in fundamentals, the hundreds, thousands of investors in Aus continue to not be attracted to it.

JBmurc
11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
many jnr goldies have had a bad run over the last year with many going bust can't help the sector or the investors taking caution on any news-High risk & high reward
lets hope NAV can restore some confindence back into the jnr gold sector I could really see this sector doing well over the next couple yrs with pently jnrs getting taken over by larger cap miners on the back of further record high gold prices

-If everthing carry's on going to plan for NAV they could well have a 2010/2011yr gross profit alot higher than their current Market Cap

JBmurc
16-03-2010, 10:47 PM
PERTH, Mar 16, 2010 (AsiaPulse via COMTEX)
Navigator Resources Ltd (ASX:NAV) says it is bringing the mothballed Bronzewing gold mine in Western Australia back into operation on time and on budget after learning the lessons of its now-defunct former owner.
Navigator also said it expected to pour its first gold bars from Bronzewing in April and ramp up to a full production rate of 100,000 ounces a year in the June quarter.
The mine's former owner, View Resources Ltd (ASX:VRE), went into administration in February 2008 after disappointing gold production at Bronzewing and a blowout in costs.
View operated two underperforming underground pits and had burnt through a lot of cash through the use of contractors, Navigator managing director David Hatch told the Paydirt gold conference in Perth on Tuesday.
He said View at the same time had invested in its Carnilya Hill nickel project in WA "so there was a lot of money going out the door".
Navigator was starting at Bronzewing with an open pit that had a five-year mine life, which it hoped to extend by at least 10 years through exploration success.
"We believe that tenement package is highly prospective," Mr Hatch said.
Navigator would focus on cashflow management and would benefit from the strong gold price, Mr Hatch said.
"We consider this to be a low-risk start-up," he said.
View acquired the mine for A$9 million (US$8.22 million) from Newmont Mining Corporation (ASX:NEM) in 2004.
Bronzewing was mined by Joe Gutnick's Great Central Mines in the early 1990s, which spent A$7 million on a modern accommodation camp.
"The infrastructure at Bronzewing is pretty decent," Mr Hatch said.
"We've actually had an independent estimate of what this infrastructure would cost to replace in today's dollars and it is well in excess of a$200 million."
Shares in Navigator closed up half a cent, or 4.35 per cent, higher at 12 cents.

JBmurc
18-03-2010, 01:32 PM
some good volume of late what you think of the chart now drillfix looks abit better-

JBmurc
18-03-2010, 02:08 PM
13.5c nearly all gone a close at 14c+ likely 10%+ for the day --------the NAV roadshow, paper article -waking the market to potential 100,000oz+ gold producer

drillfix
18-03-2010, 02:09 PM
some good volume of late what you think of the chart now drillfix looks abit better-

Hi JB,

Yep, I like the current status of the indicators, but I would really like to see the volume 2x the 200ma Vol and a 10% spike in the sp.

The other thing is I would like to see is the break and hold above 18c, then I will be convinced of more of the stocks direction.

Currently a target of 15c whichis at oblique resistance, then major resistance at 18c.

From a swing trading perspective what I also believe is good adding to the indicators is the fact it is trading above the 20ma. (Previously it wasn't)

Good volume would be churning over 1.2+ million shares a which it nearly had done the past two day.

May even jump in myself threre JB, but a bit high up on the bollies for my liking atm :P

JBmurc
18-03-2010, 02:26 PM
think we'll see more than 1.2mill vol today Drillfix currently just over 1mill if the buying vol continues 1.3m-1.5m 16c high tomorrow my pick
-confident we'll see the new 52w high coming before the years out
target short term sell 30c-36c depending on market conditions

14c gooooooonnnneeeee up 12% with 3.20hrs to go 15-16c???

MPC
18-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I have jumped in here today. Had a good little shuffle aroung moving from GIR to NGE and now here. Holding a few of each and everything looking interesting.
Amazing how much fun life is when you come home and see happy little 10% plus moves for the day.
Go Navigator, good work on the posting on this guys.

Cheers,
MPC

MPC
18-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Bronzewing, I knew the name rang a bell.
I worked there when it was just exploration as a young pup in 1993. Wish I had saved some of the money I was making then.
Nice to invest in some of my history.

Cheers,
MPC

drillfix
18-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Great move there MPC and well done, perhaps I should just follow you and throw away my charts, but the chart for this one is getting better.

Your right about the volume JB, and good finish so far~!

JBmurc
18-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Well good to see the fundamentals come though in the end it usually does-Volume a large 2.6mill for the day pushing the SP up 16%
fact is NAV is still very cheap still only commanding a 49mill market cap -the work done by prevoius owners of the mine would today cost NAV 100mill to get it to the stage it is which starting next month will be producing gold bars with a planned yearly output round 100,000oz rough est. after costs(800oz aud) =some $41,800,000AUD
NAV hope to increase both production 150,000 an reserves 10yr+

I did read somewhere NAV have one of the lowest values per Oz of reserves on the ASX

going off the depth if buyers come again tomorrow keen on another 2.5mill shares NAV should well go up another 2c

JBmurc
19-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Bronzewing gold mine comes on line again

Thursday, 18/03/2010

For the third time in 15 years, the Bronzewing gold mine in Western Australia will again start producing.

Bronzewing made headlines in the early 1990s when millionaire Joe Gutnick paid the largest single amount to a prospector for the deposit.

Its rich veins of underground gold made the mine one of the highest grades in Australia, but after changing hands a few times, it closed again last year.

Navigator Resources has just paid $9 million for the asset, estimated to be worth about $200 million.

Managing director David Hatch says he's taking a different approach to extracting the golden ore.

"In its earlier days, Bronzewing was a stunning success, a tremendous mine," he says.

"In our case, we're going with an open pit mine plan only. We may end up looking at underground prospects later on.

drillfix
19-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Well JB, dont know if NAV will get another 16% today, but things appear to be looking better, even though I am not really a FA type of guy.

Lets see where this ends up today hey :)

JBmurc
19-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Well JB, dont know if NAV will get another 16% today, but things appear to be looking better, even though I am not really a FA type of guy.

Lets see where this ends up today hey :)

well it's only been 24mins of trading an NAV has traded 1.4mill ---3mill + for the day likely up 1c as profit takers sell to the smart F.A investors --- 16c+ likely today IMHO

looks like some major investors want a piece of NAV

STRAT
19-03-2010, 01:38 PM
we will see drillfix -TA or FA 1.6mill oz gold resource

- gold production to start soon -

will be technically great later this year

It will also be worth alot more to buyhaha.
Clear trend line break on the 15th a definate buy signal and 4 points of contact. :eek2:

I wasnt paying attention but if I had been the candle chart and wolume probably would have kept me out :(

drillfix
19-03-2010, 01:39 PM
as profit takers sell to the smart F.A investors --- 16c+ likely today IMHO

Yes all the dumb TA guys selling out to the FA guys...LOL

No, honestly, I will put a target of 18c on it short term, maybe not today, but by next week easy.

I got a chart if you want there JB, just say if you want.

Volume good, and yes, 1.4 mill in the 20+ mins is a good thing, and looking like it will surpass yesterdays tally.

ps: strat, beat me to the chart there mr. rapid speedominist ...LOL

STRAT
19-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes all the dumb TA guys selling out to the FA guys...LOL

Only the ones who bought after the 15th :D

In reality most TA traders would hold till it has peaked I reckon. Of course theres always the possibility that happened already this morning at 16c :scared:

drillfix
23-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey JB, looks like all the contracts are getting issued left, right and centre. Would have thought this would have been done a month ago at least, but its only a week to April.

So now they got the drilling contractors setup, the power sorted, what next the security team to drag the gold bars from the mine to the Mint :P

drillfix
23-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Another update, sheebers.

Sounds like they are running things in a timely fashion here JB.

Kinda like the new Microsoft Plug and Play mine site. With April knocking on the door next week, I wonder where the sp will be then?

JBmurc
23-03-2010, 01:06 PM
yeah they sure are brought some more today taking holding to 150k can't believe the sellers could well be only another couple months before NAV are trading above 30c

JBmurc
29-03-2010, 08:52 PM
11.30 Navigator Resources – Cummins range rare earth project
The Cummins Range project is located 130 kilometres southwest of Halls Creek in the East Kimberley, Western Australia and is prospective for carbonatite-hosted rare earth metals, uranium, niobium, tantalum and phosphate. The deposit is similar in style to the Mt Weld deposit, WA.

The Rare Earths & Future Metals Forum will be a central meeting place in 2010 for mining industry professionals, investors, top industry analysts, heads of procurement, government and multinational companies with a stake in rare earths. It is a unique opportunity for you to come together to do business and discuss the latest developments for the year ahead
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Hatch, Managing Director, Navigator Resources

JBmurc
30-03-2010, 08:20 PM
New 16.5c high close since late Jan 2010 next step 17.5c onwards to the low 20's all likley before mid year IMHO longer term new high ain't out of the Question

----------------Latest news---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORE CRUSHING COMMENCES AT BRONZEWING
Emerging Perth-based gold company, Navigator Resources (“Navigator”) (ASX: NAV)
has achieved another important milestone in its progress towards production at the
Bronzewing Gold Project.
Low grade ore crushing has commenced at Bronzewing, located in the eastern
goldfields of Western Australia, following completion of primary crusher refurbishment
work last week (Friday, 26 March 2010).
Navigator Managing Director, David Hatch, said: “All components of the crushing circuit
are operating well, with ore throughput gradually being increased to an average of 350
tonnes per hour (“tph”), well in excess of the planned SAG mill throughput of around
230tph.”
Installation of SAG mill liners also commenced on 26 March 2010 which will be followed
by comprehensive alignment checks. Navigator will provide a further update on SAG
mill commissioning next week.

-NAV's Rare earth presentation--some titbits
-------- Cummins Range an unusual but exciting Rare Earth Element opportunity
 A variety of development and further exploration possibilities
 Current resource of: 72,000t REO at 1.72%

-Only around 200 REE projects worldwide
Less than 20 advanced REE projects globally
Only 4 major advanced REE projects in Australia
Cummins Range is one of them

- There is a potential rare earth supply bottleneck ahead
 China is already warning of export restrictions(China producers 90%+ of all rare earths today)
 Demand for rare earth metals is drastically increasing

-Independent
valuation
A$10-20
million

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Workers at Navigator Resources' Leonora gold project have been working double shifts over the past week.

The gold miner reached a major milestone last week when it produced first ore from its Bruno pit at the Cardinia prospect.

But the clock is now ticking on delivery of its first parcel of ore to St Barbara's Leonora processing plant.

If all goes according to plan Navigator will haul 30,000 tonnes of ore from mine to plant this week.

It is a crucial time for the miner, which also expects to start mill production at its Bronzewing gold project in WA's Eastern Goldfields this month.

Navigator picked up Bronzewing from the administrators of View Resources last year.

It hopes to mine the project at a rate of 100,000 ounces a year and Leonora at 50,000ozpa to establish Navigator as a two-mine operation.

The plan is a timely one, given gold is trading above $US1000/oz.

Investors, however, are still waiting on the sidelines if the company's lacklustre share price is anything to go by.

When Navigator stuck the Bronzewing deal almost a year ago to the day it was trading at 23¢. It last traded at 17¢, valuing the group around $67 million.

In addition to having to juggle two projects, Navigator faces the challenge of proving it can make Bronzewing profitable again amid cynicism about ageing gold assets. View's collapse was blamed on production shortfalls.

At least one analyst - BGF Equities - has suggested the caution is overdone, arguing Bronzewing was largely de-risked from the start because of the extra work done by View before its collapse, including a significantly updated database on operating conditions and resources. Navigator will also mine Bronzewing as an open pit, not an underground mine.

The broader consensus is that Navigator will be closely watched to ensure it can deliver on its promises and keep its costs - forecast around the $750/oz mark - under control.

· Former Golden West Resources executive chairman Con Markopoulos has raised eyebrows by joining the board of Fairstar Resources as a non-executive director.

Mr Markopoulos was, until last July, chairman at Golden West.

At the time of his departure the company said he was stepping aside to drive a de-merger of the company's non-iron ore assets.

That was the same time Goldfields prospector John Doutch joined the Golden West board. Mr Doutch, a long-time backer of both groups, was widely believed to be one of the key driver's behind Fairstar's failed bid for Golden West in 2007.

Fairstar has had the for-sale sign out over its 18.3 per cent Golden West stake for a while but has yet to find a buyer at the right price.

kate.emery@wanews.com.au

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
NAV -19c sellers looking weak

drillfix
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
NAV -19c sellers looking weak

Sure is looking ok for a strong close there JB, Im back in at 18.5c

(probably was you who sold to me right :P )

MPC
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I pulled my sell order at 19 so am watching intently.
Still tempted to take a profit after buying at 14.5

drillfix
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I pulled my sell order at 19 so am watching intently.
Still tempted to take a profit after buying at 14.5

Profit is good MPC.

But then why take a profit when resistance has been broken both horizontally, Oblique and now at and crossing the 200ma.

Adding to this, double the 200ma volume with over 10% increase in sp means good (IMO),.

If it were to be that, the shareprice suddenly appears to not wish to hold 18c support (previous resistance), then I would take without hesistation.

Not even midday as yet and its Monday, Im gonna sit on the side now and see if this can crack 19.5 and hold with hopefully a 20c start to the day tomorrow :P

Good luck with your trade.

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
No I'm not selling my 12.5c average 150k holding yes strong close likely but wait to they start selling those gold bars depending on whats going on funds wise I'll be holding long term may take some profits 40c+

MPC
06-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree actually. I just end up sitting and watching with a calculator and always tempting.
Looking at depth, buyers keep popping up. Good day so far and the week will be interesting.

Cheers,
MPC

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I agree actually. I just end up sitting and watching with a calculator and always tempting.
Looking at depth, buyers keep popping up. Good day so far and the week will be interesting.

Cheers,
MPC

buyers at 19c close at 20c a chance only 600k on offer with 2mill wanting a piece on the cheap...

like NAV so much I just sold some ROC to buy 175500@ 6.1c NAVO opts ex. 25c 11/11

ps-11/11 is my fave number combination

drillfix
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Seems like some buyer support has kicked back a bit to see if any sellers are willing to let go.

You calling a 20c close JB ?

Support is now set at 17.5c-18c and in this week ahead, I think we will have some MA crossover activity. (8+20 crossing 200) which in turn should see some more strength to strength buying.

In fact, I would not call this a rally as yet, but once that 200 crosses below with some news from developments, then Boomska~!

Will post a chart EOD.

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 06:18 PM
well hasn't NAV been ripper of a short term investment(has returned me 57% av 12.4c in just under a month) with penatly on offer to keep on going.
great to see a close at 19.5c 2.99mill vol looks like a breakout to me many want a piece of this new gold producer

drillfix
06-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Looking a bit overbought atm, TA wise, and it sure does look pretty good.

Although to me, was a bit of a weak close, showing that buyers appear to be no longer cuing up with large orders, and sellers are in set in their exit position.

Tomorrow's another day~!

JBmurc
06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Looking a bit overbought atm, TA wise, and it sure does look pretty good.

Although to me, was a bit of a weak close, showing that buyers appear to be no longer cuing up with large orders, and sellers are in set in their exit position.

Tomorrow's another day~!

yep it sure is going of the depth NAV doesn't look like it will boom through 20c tomorrow yet it all depends on the buyers over 50% of NAV is held by the top20 IMHO there's some other big buyers trying to get a good slice of NAV sub 20c -could well be some manipulation with buyers stacking the sells hoping for the weak to sellout tomorrows trading will show us ....

drillfix
07-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey JB, like yesterday, is that you on open trying to get 20.5c up to 666,000 again? You devil you :P

JBmurc
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
na not me----NAV going need some news get the SP through the 20-21c seller resistance

JBmurc
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Checkout the NAV bids very bullish another good announcement an the buyers will soak up 20c-20.5c in minutes onwards to the mid-high 20's NAVO's will go prob double at this stage

drillfix
07-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Checkout the NAV bids very bullish another good announcement an the buyers will soak up 20c-20.5c in minutes onwards to the mid-high 20's NAVO's will go prob double at this stage

Sh#t, I keep forgetting about NAVO Jb, yes some movement in the camp and somebody "seriously" wants in.

Think I will stick to my plan and continue to hold until this signals otherwise.

ADD edit:

Well, somebody playing games or something JB, now they "dont seriously" want in, but rather more, "want the price up".

JBmurc
07-04-2010, 04:46 PM
yeah really think my NAVO's I got at 6.1c will reward within the next 6-7months an still have 12 months to run -I basically saying NAV will be alot higher than 31.1c in 6-7m

been watching NAV depth closely last hour some real cat an mouse games from the keen buyers watched 2mill get pulled within 10% of current offer price like yesterday the buyers don't what the sellers to hold back an hope for more....yesterdays close was a great explain very little in bids till the next day where any mouse seller come down was quickly chased back up

JBmurc
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
-----21c close very nice -----looks likely to have another go tomorrow Drill --the T/A must be looking very bullish on NAV now 5mill volume last 2 days

drillfix
08-04-2010, 01:12 AM
-----21c close very nice -----looks likely to have another go tomorrow Drill --the T/A must be looking very bullish on NAV now 5mill volume last 2 days

Hi JB, Yes mate it is looking very desirable from the appearance of the close. I was going to throw you up a chart with some pitchforks to show upward channel potential momentum, but my platform is acting up on candle closes not displaying correctly.

But as it stands, the psychology of the close shows many smaller guys wanting to grab a position, as well with some big chomps wiping out 20c within no time.

I couldn't help myself and bought a small parcel of those Options at close at 6.5c, this way I can gain further exposure later on if required.

Thinking back a while, the chart sure did look like crap, but funny how things turn hey. Management seem to be alot more on the line and working systematically through to the plan however I wont comment on the fundamentals except that it "is" happening, and fast, on track, which is good.

Looking forward to the next bit of news and the enjoying the TA at the same time.

Here is another chart temporarily to show the breakout,

NAV Chart HERE (http://asx.netquote.com.au/chart.aspx?provider=CSV&Code=NAV&MAIN=Native.MAIN&Type=3&Scale=0&IND=EXTEND.RSI(14){U};VOLMA(60);MACD(26,12,9);ATR( 10);&OVER=Extend.BB(20,2)&COMP=&Skin=GreenRed&Size=640&Layout=2Line;Default;Price;HisDate&Width=1)

XAO is flirting with 5,000 and now the futures are slightly down.

Will be a good test for tomorrow for the stock to do a resilience test.

JBmurc
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Gold up 1.4% $1239oz AUD NAV believe they production costs should start out round $750oz for the first year $450+ margin x 100,000oz predicted =45mill
the rare earth resource NAV have will be the icing on the cake in years to come IMHO

DOW down

think we'll see NAV trade in the low 20's today hopefully a higher close 22c-23c

NAVO's do look good with 18 months to run to ex date 25c(the heads should be trading 60c+ by then if NAV are producing 100koz gold 10/11yr an gold price is higher)

Dr_Who
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Interesting. Will have to do more reading on it. Do they have light or heavy rare earth?

JBmurc
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Interesting. Will have to do more reading on it. Do they have light or heavy rare earth?

checkout their Rare earth presentation ----Doc I recommend the NAVO's if you can handle abit of risk
http://hotcopper.com.au/announcementFiles/2010/NAV/fd207190-5db3-4b14-a69f-004fb7dc9f19-NAV485723.pdf

NAV's REE's at cummins is made up of mostly light REE's -Lanthanum - Cerium-

not only do NAV have rare earths at cummins but U308 &phosphate
also --from the presentation--
 Potential to further expand the resource:
 Drilling stopped in the deposit’s best grades and widths to the north-west
 Further drilling is also required to the north
 Other prospects within the diatreme perimeter are effectively undrilled

IMHO NAV will focus on getting the cash-flows running with their gold mines then use some of the nett profit to go towards drilling up futher Rare earths
an fund a Pre-feasibility or Scoping Study...

Fact-Every New power generating Wind-turbine needs 700lbs of rare earths minarels
Fact-Rare earth oxide supply is dominated by China – exports may be restricted(
Fact-Cummins Range is one of the few advanced stage rare earth projects in Australia
Fact-NAV is still very undervalued

P.S-I just got the go ahead to buy NAV for my mate 100k worth should do -you guys better just wait in line;)

drillfix
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
What can I say JB, pure fundamentalist you are.

I guess I could say, here is a chart:

NAV daily: >>> http://i42.tinypic.com/2vsgv21.png

Decided to throw in a couple of pitchforks just to make the TA look more interesting ~!

At least you can see the channel its in, but as if you couldn't see it without it right :P

Looking good mate, glad I got some of those options yesterday to give me some more exposure.

ps: excuse yesterdays candle looking like a Doji, Seem to had problems with yesterdays data

You can see the some Fib lines in the chart along with oblique resistance at 22.5c which takes us to an easy 24.5c on the 61.8% Fib line.

What is excellent is the direction of the MA's which the 8ma (good for day trades) just about to cross the 200ma
Eventually the 20ma will follow and become even more apparent on many more market Scanners to bring it further attention.

Currently touching a 50% Fib line.

There you go~!

drillfix
08-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Big Seller @ 22c there JB, 981,893 with only 2 sellers there, is this your exit march is it?

Or somebody looking to take some off the table X trade?

Dr_Who
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Good buying there JB, well done mate.

All the REE stocks in Aussie are going for abit of a run recently. Even ARU is up lol

drillfix
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Well, not quite a solid finish for NAV, but a finish nontheless.

Seems like a few games going on with sellers at 22c randomly coming and going.

Heck I cant complain, but we now have a Doji siting there, but its higher than the previous close, so thats a good sign.

Whats not a good sign is that it appears the Stochs and W%R are starting to turn a bit. RSI is strong and a neat Volume spike without the % gain.

Lets see what tomorrow brings.

JBmurc
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I can't wait for the next announcement of the gold bars flowing that will be the next step of buying pressure be surprised of much more movement without it--
Management sees a fair value round 50c min looking forward with a 100koz producing mine (with gold at 1150AUD)

NAV's Rare earth discovery could well be worth more than current NAV Mrktcap..

NAV has major growth potential IMHO

It's a waiting game till the news flows

Big seller gone? looks like Buyers are setting the floor going forward

Entrep
08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I bought this at 12c thanks to this thread - cheers all. Staying aboard for the ride!

drillfix
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM
JB, when would you estimate the next potential issue of news (about anything)?

Big seller is still there, he just appears and vanishes, kinda like a road block, or traffic cop to make sure nobody is speeding, IMO

JBmurc
09-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Think your find the Large seller is an actual big buyer who like to play games with the weak (I've done the same thing surprising how a big sell order can make the weak smaller holders sell-down esp. when when your waiting on the next announcement or after a big rise NAV has both .)

Next news will be on how successive the trial mining at Leanora is going --An how Browzewing mine is progressing hopefully they can announce some production figures which will re-rate NAV alot higher if postive.
remember if they both go to plan NAV hope to be able to produce 150,000oz 2011-12 -rough est. EBIT 60m-70m

macduffy
09-04-2010, 10:55 AM
remember if they both go to plan NAV hope to be able to produce 150,000oz 2011-12 -rough est. EBIT 60m-70m

And that will be a remarkable achievement for a company with a current M/Cap of $80m!

JBmurc
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM
And that will be a remarkable achievement for a company with a current M/Cap of $80m!

Yes mac it certainly will esp. if they can at the same time drill up an even bigger Rare Earth resource which has a current value of only 10-20mill

JBmurc
09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
LEONORA ORE HAULAGE COMMENCES
Further to its announcement of 31 March 2010 titled “First Ore Mined at Leonora”,
Navigator Resources (“Navigator”) (ASX: NAV) is pleased to advise that it
commenced road haulage of ore from the Cardinia area to St Barbara Ltd’s (ASX: SBM)
processing plant at Leonora on Thursday, 8 April 2010.
Navigator’s Managing Director David Hatch said “Mining contractor GWH is performing
well. Since double shift operations commenced in late March and when mining
reached the ore horizon, the first parcel of 30,000 tonnes of Bruno supergene ore has
been generated very quickly.”
Haulage of that initial parcel will continue over the coming week, with processing
scheduled to commence in mid April.
Navigator advises that mining conditions at Bruno to date have been better than
expected. Providing this trend continues, the Company can expect to achieve higher
productivity and associated lower unit costs with a future full scale mining operation

drillfix
09-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes looking good for today there JB.

Nice news and I agree re-the large seller playing games to buy, makes sense.

Also looking at the gold price and lets see if it can break past resistance levels for another leg up to test new highs.

trackers
09-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks JBmurc and drillfix for the heads up on this stock... I like the story, and I like the continuous news flow from a clearly motivated mgmt team... I'm in with a nibble

JBmurc
09-04-2010, 02:34 PM
No worries trackers I'm in boots n all just brought another 105,000 NAVO .065 -gut feeling NAV will reward much like MCR IRN AGM rewarded me in the past

looks like the floor set again at 20c next floor 24c next week

drillfix
09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks JBmurc and drillfix for the heads up on this stock... I like the story, and I like the continuous news flow from a clearly motivated mgmt team... I'm in with a nibble

Hey there Trackers, welcome to the NAV party mate.

No so long ago. I was pretty objective to JB's post (technically that is) but since then have watched the FA drive the TA part of it.

Decided to run with a long term hold on NAV and also gain more exposure by grabbing a small parcel of NAVO as well.

Dont know what a long term hold will be for me, but maybe until the TA or FA tells me different.

Good to see ya onboard :)

JBmurc
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
BRONZEWING MILL COMMISSIONED
Navigator Resources (“Navigator”) (ASX: NAV) is pleased to announce the
achievement of its key Bronzewing mill commissioning milestone.
Initial mill testing at the Bronzewing Gold Project commenced on Saturday, 3 April
2010. Since that time, site maintenance and commissioning staff have been
undertaking scheduled maintenance activities, including alignment of the SAG mill drive
train and re-tensioning newly installed mill liner bolts, as well as remedying minor
electrical defects.
As of Thursday, 8 April 2010, SAG mill commenced normal operations.
Mill throughput commenced at 150 tonnes per hour (“tph”) and will gradually increase
over to 250tph (equivalent to the budgeted 2.0 million tonnes per annum) in the
coming days.
Navigator confirms previous market advice that it expects to produce its first gold
bullion during the month of April.

drillfix
09-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow, more news, JB are you pulling strings on this news or something, Raining good news nearly every day :P

Would have hoped this could wait for Monday with the 2nd lot, but perhpas will make for good reading for potential investors over the weekend.

1.3 Million traded on the score board, seems about normal for the time of day.

Looking good~!

tobo
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
NAV have inceased from 12c to over 21c since March, ie up 9c

NAVO have increased from 4 to under 7c, ie. up 3c (yes, I know it is similar percentage)
I have experienced options that pretty much move the same number of cents as the head share.
ie. incremental/arithmetic relationship

Is NAV different because
a) the 4c was really too high
because risk/probabilities dominate when near zero price
or
b) it is different when Option is not in the money

Discl: Hold NAV and still in queue for NAVO.

CHARTS with OBV : NAVO at the top, then NAV

JBmurc
10-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah great work tobo think we'll see the options really do well once the heads move past the ex price of 25c then we'll see the opts go silly being a leverage play

disc-holding both NAV NAVO -----

Corporate
10-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice work fellas! I can't believe I missed out on this one at 12c - been on holiday too long!

I'm doing a bit more research now but think I'll pick up some options.

Entrep
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
So NAVO is looking cheap compared to NAV at the moment?

drillfix
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice work fellas! I can't believe I missed out on this one at 12c - been on holiday too long!

I'm doing a bit more research now but think I'll pick up some options.

Hi again Corp,

Wouldn't worry too much about missing out. Once you do the research and reference with what news that will come out, you will see opportunity still perevails.

I thought pretty much that at 12c, as in, I bought in at 13.5c and it went up, the global markets looked a bit shakey for a day and I chickened out as I had to also cover for another trade or two and never expected the move up to be so strong as it had been.

Thought to myself, oh well, but then after seeing the FA drive the TA I never hesitated at 18.5c, took a small position and added with some options to gain exposure at 6.5c.

Pretty soon, you may see the sp toggle a slight bit to shake some out but the options seem stronger with regards to folks holding. As in I know I am not selling my ones and I can imagine that other folks who also gain exposure by buying them will not sell theirs either as the SP and TA gains further traction after it takes a slight breather.

Quite comfy holding this position in NAV, and seeing everything unfold in a better than imagined and timely fashion also adds to both technical and fundamental confidence.

Corporate
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi again Corp,

Wouldn't worry too much about missing out. Once you do the research and reference with what news that will come out, you will see opportunity still perevails.

I thought pretty much that at 12c, as in, I bought in at 13.5c and it went up, the global markets looked a bit shakey for a day and I chickened out as I had to also cover for another trade or two and never expected the move up to be so strong as it had been.

Thought to myself, oh well, but then after seeing the FA drive the TA I never hesitated at 18.5c, took a small position and added with some options to gain exposure at 6.5c.

Pretty soon, you may see the sp toggle a slight bit to shake some out but the options seem stronger with regards to folks holding. As in I know I am not selling my ones and I can imagine that other folks who also gain exposure by buying them will not sell theirs either as the SP and TA gains further traction after it takes a slight breather.

Quite comfy holding this position in NAV, and seeing everything unfold in a better than imagined and timely fashion also adds to both technical and fundamental confidence.

Thanks for your thoughts Drill. I think I'll try and grab $10k of options on Monday and more if I can exit NDO at a profit later in the day/week.

JBmurc
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Board room radio---latest from the MD ramping up production june 100oz broz

http://www.brr.com.au/event/65202/navigator-gold-projects-update-david-hatch-managing-director

drillfix
12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Volumes for now are slightly lower than average to the midday, as usually there is over 1 million.

Seems to be a little bit of a "how ya goin" type of day today dont ya think?

tobo
13-04-2010, 07:21 AM
just found this chart - shows the small decline (if you can call it that) in the last 2 days is associated with smaller volumes (a good thing)

JBmurc
13-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Volumes for now are slightly lower than average to the midday, as usually there is over 1 million.

Seems to be a little bit of a "how ya goin" type of day today dont ya think?

Yeah for sure taking a little breather after running from 11.5c to 22c within weeks should trade in a range 20c-25c once investors know the gold bars are being produced
- then onto the full ramp up announcement which looks likely sometime in June which will be the next major driver and IMHO drive the SP ito the 30's an maybe even the 40's
all depended on what the gold price is doing---overall NAV have so much going for it longer term a $ price isn't out of the Question if they get both the gold mines go into production at projected costs an with production round 150koz pa--an if they drill up an even bigger Rare earth resource at Cummins range add in a Final feasibly study,increase in gold reserves with good exploration results .................$ .00
- NAVO return should be huge if the above goes to plan...

fwu005
13-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah for sure taking a little breather after running from 11.5c to 22c within weeks should trade in a range 20c-25c once investors know the gold bars are being produced
- then onto the full ramp up announcement which looks likely sometime in June which will be the next major driver and IMHO drive the SP ito the 30's an maybe even the 40's
all depended on what the gold price is doing---overall NAV have so much going for it longer term a $ price isn't out of the Question if they get both the gold mines go into production at projected costs an with production round 150koz pa--an if they drill up an even bigger Rare earth resource at Cummins range add in a Final feasibly study,increase in gold reserves with good exploration results .................$ .00
- NAVO return should be huge if the above goes to plan...

Is it good buy now ? JBmurc

drillfix
13-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Is it good buy now ? JBmurc

Usually its good to buy on Red days and sell on green days.

Today is Red and it seems like 20.5c is a part time floor as it sits on the bottom line of a pitchfork.

8ma (fast trade line) is currently broken past 200ma, and pretty soon the 20 ma will cross the 200ma which will draw every day trader from here to timbuck2 as that will Technically generate buy signals.

Fortunately, the stock has the fundamentals to back itself up on any Technical weakness as I have previously found.

Hope this helps FW, if you wish to see a chart for to elaborate further then I am happy to assist.

Hey JB, I did a position swap today whilst there was a gap between 20 + 21c.

So I sold my stock at 20.5c and bought it back from myself through my other account so I can gain some leverage to this stock by adding to it which I have also done today.

drillfix
13-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Large sell order for the options at 6.3c there JB. You hungry? :P

JBmurc
13-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I would be if I didn't have to come up with 90k to pay my traders tax next week --(sold most of my ROC 44.5c to help)
I'm not selling one NAV or NAVO--- No share goes in a straight line profit takers on the back of the gold price pull back an strong run up of late...

h2so4
13-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Usually its good to buy on Red days and sell on green days.

Does TA theory go out the window on "Red days"?

drillfix
14-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Does TA theory go out the window on "Red days"?

Nope, TA theory is not prejudice to red or green days :P

As JB has pointed out, one can only expect a pull back. Plus out of the last 20 trading day there have been approx 4 red candles.

But with predictions to where it may go, it could be a coin toss along with what happens to global markets and the price of gold.

Negatives to me are the pitchfork I drew on a previous chart has now been broken. Stochastic & W%R indicators are also giving off some sell signals nearly and RSI a and volumes are little weaker than yesterday of course.

Positives would be Technically, Volume is still coming through and RSI remains quite strong above 50. And the last time Stochastic & W%7 broke past its 70 line it shook off many and then continued on stronger than ever. There is a **** heap of positive news to come out of this stock and whilst the stock trades above the 8 ema, I find no reason to sell.

Should push come to shove then we can set stops accordingly and also take note of key supports along with potential key buy zones, being:

@ 19.5c 23.6% Fib line
@ 18.5s at the 200ma line
@ 17.5- 18c at the major support

Take your pick if you wish, but should no dramatic fall come along then it will be sideways trading and then back up to:

22c at the 50% Fib, 23c intermediate resistance, and then 24.5c at the 61.8% Fib line.

Not much to analyse really, it goes up, it goes down, and moves sideways until the fundamentals prevail, and IMO this is what is going to drive this stock in the short term not the TA.

Anyway, that's my wrap of NAV for the time being~!

drillfix
14-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Looks like we got a BOT running in overdrive trying to get this stock upwards..

Thought it would have at least touched 18c for a bounce, so lets get it over with. I reckon.

Interesting day to watch NAV, be it even that the stock falling, though as I said recently, could this be a sucker fall? Cant be too sure as Sellers now outweigh buyers so looks like a Gap may just form.

evilroyrule
14-04-2010, 01:35 PM
awesome thanks drill. been looking for an entry into this. will continue to watch for now.

JBmurc
14-04-2010, 01:38 PM
awesome thanks drill. been looking for an entry into this. will continue to watch for now.

I wouldn't wait round to much evil -very little conviction in the selling going off the depth NAV could bounce back to 21c in no time
the next announcement will be of gold bars getting produced

drillfix
14-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes JB, good words of advice.

its good to see the stock take a breather for a day or so, but I never expected a 20.5c close today, would have said 20c :P

Still technically riding above the 8ma and looking for the Signal Generator with the 20ma crossing 200ma which will attract alot more traffic.

Should you get that, along with NAV News regarding the gold developments along with the POG increasing, then you will have the perfect storm in the making, IMO.

As the 20 makes its way to the 200, I will post an updated chart Accordingly.

drillfix
15-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Not much volume today with NAV.

There seems to be an lots happening behind the scenes at the mine so I can imagine some news would be too far off.

Wonder what next announcement will be for? (besides gold pour)

Entrep
15-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Not much volume today with NAV.

There seems to be an lots happening behind the scenes at the mine so I can imagine some news would be too far off.

Wonder what next announcement will be for? (besides gold pour)

Yeah heard there was trouble at the mine - know any details?

hsmoke
16-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Trouble at the mine? i have not heard anything , where did you see this?

JBmurc
16-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Only trouble NAV is having is where there going keep all their new Gold Bars

hsmoke
16-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Only trouble NAV is having is where there going keep all their new Gold Bars

and i want a share of the booty

fwu005
16-04-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-14/u-s-smart-bombs-rely-on-metals-dominated-by-china-agency-says.html

U.S. Military Supply of Rare Earth Elements Not Secure,

http://www.technewsdaily.com/us-military-supply-of-rare-earth-elements-not-secure-0430/

drillfix
16-04-2010, 11:37 PM

Entrep, Please meate, give it a rest, that is hot copper type of sh#t mate.

If you want to scare people into selling their shares, the best time to do it is once gold is falling off the roof, I hear that works really well :P

tobo
18-04-2010, 09:35 AM

If this was a real question, you would say where you heard it and what exactly you heard/read

trackers
20-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Wow what a disaster of a purchase this was :(

drillfix
20-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Wow what a disaster of a purchase this was :(

Dont fear the reaper Trackers, by the look of the sp, its a typical NAV shake out after such a run.

Check out the chart, NAV midday >>> http://imgkoo.com/images/29647123799642861117.png

Support at 18c which has been hit. Its kinda like it needed to do that technically and at 18.5c is sitting on the 200ma with the the 20ma now up to 18c.

We need the 20ma to cross the 200ma to generate signals to technically drive the stock upwards, but also require the FA /news to present itself to add direction.

Currently trading below the 8ma and there the MA's are converging at 18.5c and pending on which line cross which and in which direction will give me direction for either adding to my position or exiting, though I will wait for confirmation.

As you can also see, resistance at 20.5 and 21c accordingly. Shouldn't pose a problem if there is news to drive the stock, but it seems there is a few taking funds off the table, perhaps spooked by overall market conditions or just a formality of reducing size/risk.

trackers
20-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey Drilly,

Thanks for the analysis, think I'll stick with this one. Just annoyed at myself for not doing the research and buying at the top :) Been a good day today generally, NXS especially looking good

Phaedrus
20-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm a bit surprised at the levels of optimism here. NAV is in a long-term downtrend, a medium-term downtrend and a short-term downtrend. That's about as bad as it gets. The one year chart below shows a series of successively lower highs and lower lows. Right now, the AllOrds is up 12 points - and NAV is down another 1.5 cents. That's 7.7%......

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/NAV420.gif

drillfix
20-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm a bit surprised at the levels of optimism here. NAV is in a long-term downtrend, a medium-term downtrend and a short-term downtrend. That's about as bad as it gets. The one year chart below shows a series of successively lower highs and lower lows. Right now, the AllOrds is up 12 points - and NAV is down another 1.5 cents. That's 7.7%......

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/PhaedrusPB/NAV420.gif

Thanks for your input Phaedrus, and yes, I agree with your line chart showing this (squashed as it appears), but I am running with the FA on this particular swing trade and accept the risk that the FA will pull this one through in due time. Call it optimism I guess, but I have no problem making an exit either, should things not shape up accordingly.

There are quite a few stocks not rolling in line with the XAO so today so this is no exception to NAV.

hsmoke
20-04-2010, 04:19 PM
IMHO, Nav price is tied to the upcoming updates that the market can get from Leonora and Bronzewing , i can see Nav break it's 52 week high which is 0.25 Cents on positive news coming from these projects as everybody would like a piece of the action. The question here is what's going to be the bottom price the stock will hit . My guess will be that we will get an update by the end of the month but that's just me.

In my particular case I won't sell the shares that i got at 18.5 c , and I will be monitoring the price to see if I can add up to that position.

Anybody welcome to have their say on this one.

JBmurc
20-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your input Phaedrus, and yes, I agree with your line chart showing this (squashed as it appears), but I am running with the FA on this particular swing trade and accept the risk that the FA will pull this one through in due time. Call it optimism I guess, but I have no problem making an exit either, should things not shape up accordingly.
There are quite a few stocks not rolling in line with the XAO so today so this is no exception to NAV

I Agree I,ve aways based most of my investment decisions on good F/A some of my past pick that would have been no-no T/A buys -
--AVM 36.5c(after 6 months trending down I believe the Funda was too good)
--PEN 1.6c(same as above brought before trend up)
--STX 16.5c(same etc)
--IRN--DIO--OGC etc etc really most of my buys have been during bad T/A
-Another thing worth doing a chart would be the 10yr GOLD price Phaedrus as this is what NAV plan to make money from (from my basic T/A skill GOLD looks very bullish)
--NAV 12.5c ------------------time will tell if I'm right again

trackers
20-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Announcement out... Thoughts? To me it sounds like:

- Mine conditions are better than expected
- ROM ore was expected to sample at 1.7g/tonne and it has sampled at 2.43g/tonne
- 40,000 tonnes on the surface, stockpiled, ready to be processed
- if mill continues as planned they will mine 243grams gold per hour

does this sound correct? If so, this is great stuff..

JBmurc
20-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Announcement out... Thoughts? To me it sounds like:

- Mine conditions are better than expected
- ROM ore was expected to sample at 1.7g/tonne and it has sampled at 2.43g/tonne
- 40,000 tonnes on the surface, stockpiled, ready to be processed
- if mill continues as planned they will mine 243grams gold per hour

does this sound correct? If so, this is great stuff..
Yes very correct an as usually better than planned I have a feeling they'll keep it coming all the way to 10,000oz+ per month...or 4mill EBIT+ per MONTH

BRONZEWING UPDATE
Navigator will provide an update on its Bronzewing Gold Project in the coming days.-can't wait should spike the chart postive so the T/A experts will feel better about buying it an pushing it north of 30c

drillfix
22-04-2010, 12:25 PM
First pour yesterday, but looks like folks are selling the news and the public dont seem wanna buy it.

Whats up here JB, something missing pehaps?

Entrep
22-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, would have expected it to pop. Contemplating whether to sell now also and at least lock in some profits (like everyone else seems to be doing).

hsmoke
22-04-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.navigatorresources.com.au/files/news/54_100422_NAVASX_First_Gold_Pour_Final.pdf

Highlights of the Announcement

"Navigator Resources (“Navigator”) (ASX: NAV) is pleased to announce that the Company is now a gold producer with the pouring of the first gold bars at both its Bronzewing and Leonora Gold Projects having occurred on the same day, namely yesterday, Wednesday 21st April 2010."

"With the production of the first gold bar at Bronzewing, Navigator is on track for 100,000 ounces of gold !!!!"

“Our management team has tried to think of a previous gold producer that has achieved first gold production from two gold projects almost simultaneously. We haven’t thought of one as yet – so we may have achieved a gold industry first.”

“Much work still lies ahead – but what has now been proven is the capability of the Navigator team, including our contractors and service providers, to deliver the Company’s gold projects into production on time and on budget. For that achievement I commend each and every one of you who has been involved”.

--------------------------------------------------------

And yeah this is just in so give the market some time to catch up.

JBmurc
22-04-2010, 02:01 PM
First pour yesterday, but looks like folks are selling the news and the public dont seem wanna buy it.

Whats up here JB, something missing pehaps?

Yeah who knows think the market will warm once they do the numbers an proof of a profit per ton will be a big comforter to market as we trade in a bear market the market demands so much before paying up

When NAV in 2011/12 produce 150k gold at current prices they make AUD$185million revenue p.a

At this point in time everything is running to plan to make this..current maketcap-74mill

add in their Rare earth resource potential --------------

NAVIGATOR DELIVERS FIRST GOLD PRODUCTION FROM BOTH BRONZEWING AND LEONORA
Navigator Resources (“Navigator”) (ASX: NAV) is pleased to announce that the Company is now a gold producer with the pouring of the first gold bars at both its Bronzewing and Leonora Gold Projects having occurred on the same day, namely yesterday, Wednesday 21st April 2010.
NAV Managing Director Mr David Hatch said today, ”I would like to thank all of our employees and contractors whose hard work and dedication have taken the Bronzewing operation from acquisition to gold production in less than 7 months – and whose collective efforts have also successfully instigated the trial mining initiative at Leonora, the result of five years successful exploration at the project.
In the case of Bronzewing, it should not be understated that NAV only acquired the project on 30 September last year and has managed to transform the operation from mothballs to a gold producer today. At Leonora, NAV shareholders can now begin to see the benefits of the staged exploration program at the project since its acquisition in September 2004.
On behalf of the NAV Directors, I thank all those who have contributed to our success to date. The first gold bar at Bronzewing is the first in what will be an annualised rate of production of 100,000 ozs of gold, lifting Navigator into the ranks of a mid-tier gold producer. At Leonora, gold production from the trial mining program is not only generating revenue – but self-funding the feasibility work targeting a larger scale development plan for the project”
“Much work still lies ahead – but what has now been proven is the capability of the Navigator team, including our contractors and service providers, to deliver the Company’s gold projects into production on time and on budget. For that achievement I commend each and every one of you who has been involved”.
“Our management team has tried to think of a previous gold producer that has achieved first gold production from two gold projects almost simultaneously. We haven’t thought of one as yet – so we may have achieved a gold industry first.”

fwu005
22-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Those wary of buying into because or the past collapse of vre should keep in mind vre only went belly up because of going underground, the open cut was performing well, add in leonora and things are looking good

Entrep
10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Gold up, most other gold stocks either up or holding, this down to 15c. Anyone know why?

trackers
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Everything published looks pretty good to me but I try (!) not to argue with the market, so flicked this at 0.18 for a loss. Another reminder to stick to my knitting (oil/gas)

JBmurc
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Everything published looks pretty good to me but I try (!) not to argue with the market, so flicked this at 0.18 for a loss. Another reminder to stick to my knitting (oil/gas)

Not selling one share how many oil gas stocks with a market cap of 62mill are planning to make a 150k+ profit per day an have a assets in the back round like the rare earth discovery NAV have------
---- 90% of the world rare earths are held by china

think your really regret not holding on for the rest of the year

trackers
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Not selling one share how many oil gas stocks with a market cap of 62mill are planning to make a 150k+ profit per day an have a assets in the back round like the rare earth discovery NAV have------
---- 90% of the world rare earths are held by china

think your really regret not holding on for the rest of the year

A few ;) But anyway, whats your thoughts on why the huge weakness in the stock lately? As soon as they announced first gold at their 2 major projects the share has been sinking like a stone ever since (even while the market was green)..

JBmurc
11-05-2010, 09:49 AM
A few ;) But anyway, whats your thoughts on why the huge weakness in the stock lately? As soon as they announced first gold at their 2 major projects the share has been sinking like a stone ever since (even while the market was green)..

general market sentiment towards the resource sector ---Gold back up above $1200 Dow up 400pts going be another good day for the portfolio

MPC
13-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Nice jump yesterday and look at the depth today. Almost a million shares traded in the first ten minutes.
Got my eyes back on this one.
Cheers,
MPC

fwu005
13-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Navigators open pit grades at Bronzewing compare well to its peers (fully funded, imminent, WA open pit only gold producing companies) as tabled below.

Company, Market Cap, Prod Rate/oz, Grade Mine, Life, Start Date
Navigator $58.9M, 100,000 oz pa ,1.9 g/t, 5 yrs, April '10
Regis $334.7M, 90,000 oz pa, 1.5 g/t, 6 yrs, Sept '10
Saracen $159.7M, 110,000 oz pa, 1.7 g/t, 6 yrs, Feb '10
Integra $192.6M, 75,000 oz pa, 3.1 g/t, 4 yrs, Sept '10
(Integra Stage 2), 58,000 oz pa, 2.4 g/t, 6 yrs, Sept '14
Catalpa, 160.0M, 130,000 oz pa, 1.2 g/t, 7-8 yrs, June
(Note, Catalpa at Sept 2009, pre merger with Lion)

The BW grade is for life of mine (5 year average) and will not vary much. The grade estimate is not an assumption but an independently calculated reserve done by one of the best in the business (Coffey) using the latest geostatistical techniques with inbuilt allowance for dilution, pit design, normal mining productivities. Costs are well established from previous processing and bog standard open pit mining rates(ie much of the de-risking has already taken place compared to a brand new development). Because the reserve was conducted/reviewed by a large reputable organization like Coffeys, the assumptions are likely to be conservative if anything and not rosy. The processing plant is ~2Mtpa and very efficient. I suspect BW will end up being a 10 year operation.

Assuming A$800/oz cash costs, the current margin is about A$530/oz (current gold price A$1,330) which translates to about $53M AVERAGE CASH FLOW PER YEAR - similar to the current NAV market capitalization (PE of ~1). Bronzewing is clearly not a marginal mine at the present gold price and the investment is not dependent on further success as an explorer.

VRE was a different baby, an underground one, and this increased the operational risk substantially at a time when the gold price was significantly lower. The VRE work de-risked a large part of NAVs startup (pre-strip, recent mill operation) and should not be seen as a negative for NAV. This is contrary to the negative sentiment that occurs (understandable human nature) whenever a previous operator has fallen over. Keep in mind also that open pits are lower risk in general, more flexible, and that the modeled deposits are a KNOWN QUANTITY due to previous mining. They will not disappear unlike some historical examples at other projects where they got the modeling wrong.

The table above indicates that NAVs market cap is about one third of its cheapest peers so it is a great value proposition. The table also suggests that the market is applying nil value to Leonora which is ~1Moz project (resource plus indep modeled mineralization). Leonora will be a 2nd major operation, either by being carted to BW or as a separate standalone. A back of the envelope value indicator for carting to BW, based on reserves in the PFS document, indicates free cash of ~A$140M. This would extend BW by three years.

NAV is a no-brainer with outstanding gold price upside exposure and the market will wake up to it soon enough.

GO NAV, opinion only do your own research.

gazprom1
13-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Fwu005,

Good post and good luck to those holding. I read it with interest but will keep away as gold is not my strong point.

Gazprom

JBmurc
17-05-2010, 02:23 PM
NAVO doing real well of late investors see the massive potential longer term glad I got my 400k

trackers
18-05-2010, 02:46 PM
In light of the continued strength of Gold, things progressing nicely at Leonora (66% increase in grade continued throughout the entire trial!) and NAV rising up through 30day MA I'm sucking lemons and jumping back into this one (and looking for more)... :)

JBmurc
24-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Gold AUD $1438oz an rising -$1500oz soon NAV producing the right stuff in the right market at the right time ---no company ever went broke making a 150k+gross profit per day debt free

JBmurc
08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
David hatch BRR presentation to be out in under 2hrs---Gold up near $50oz AUD overnight for NAV's brozwing mine this means another 22mill EBITDA added to the 290mill(from current 5yr open pit mine)NAV plan to increase mine life at Brozewing to 10yr---NAV other gold project Leorona could well add another 50,000oz pa for 6yrs on current resources

http://www.brr.com.au/event/66240/partner/theaustralian

NAV other asset that has 0 value added to SP

Cummins Range – Fast Facts
JORC Resource: 4.17Mt @ 1.72% REO, 11.0% P2O5 &
187ppm U3O8
Total Rare Earth Oxide: 71,700 tonnes
Total Phosphate: 458,700 tonnes
Total Uranium Oxide: 780 tonnes
Rare Earth Oxide Mix: 95.6% Light, 4.1% Medium & 0.3% Heavy
Value of Unit REO: US$9,050 per tonne
Independently assessed value of Cummins Range: A$10-20 million

fwu005
30-06-2010, 05:23 PM
NAV update on Bronzewing and Leonora just announced.

Outstanding stuff.! This HAS to be one of the most underrated, oversold, and highest potential gold companies on the ASX. And I really am trying so hard not to be biased and look through rose-coloured spectacles when i say that....

Well done to David Hatch and the team :)

trackers
30-06-2010, 06:50 PM
NAV update on Bronzewing and Leonora just announced.

Outstanding stuff.! This HAS to be one of the most underrated, oversold, and highest potential gold companies on the ASX. And I really am trying so hard not to be biased and look through rose-coloured spectacles when i say that....

Well done to David Hatch and the team :)

Yup, NAV keep pulling out the results... Really confused about this one, they've certainly got the goods fundamentally but Mr market just won't jump on board (some mention a chequered history?)

MPC
30-06-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm with you on the confusion trackers. A good supply of regular positive developments but no solid upwards movement in the share price.
PLus they have the rare earth minerals which at this stage seems to be ignored.

Cheers,
MPC

JBmurc
30-06-2010, 10:04 PM
BRONZEWING GOLD PROJECT
Further to its announcement of 28 June 2010, the Company is pleased to advise that
refinery out-turns have been received for the largest weekly gold shipment to date
undertaken at the Bronzewing Gold Project. The seven bars of bullion returned an
average gold purity in excess of 93%, resulting in a fine gold return of 2,165oz and
revenue of over A$3 million being generated.
The last gold pours for the month, and the June quarter, will take place during the
current week and final production figures will be announced when available.
Managing Director David Hatch said “The latest out-turns demonstrate that the
initiatives being implemented by the Bronzewing site management team relating to
plant throughput and recovery are having a positive impact. The ramp up in
production activities is coming to a successful conclusion with the operation on track to
achieve its 100,000oz annual production target heading into the 2010/11 financial
year.”
“It is also pleasing to note that recoveries through the processing plant are now
running at around 95%, well in excess of the 91% recovery used in the financial
banking model.”

fwu005
01-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Navigator says Bronzewing mine on track June 30, 2010
.AAP

Shares in Navigator Resources Ltd rose after it said it continued to ramp up production at the once-troubled Bronzewing gold mine in Western Australia.

Navigator shares were up half a cent, or 2.7 per cent, at 19 cents at 1423 AEST Wednesday in a negative broader market.

Managing director David Hatch said mine production was being ramped up after the company's first gold pour in late April and was on track to reach an annual target of 100,000 ounces.

Bronzewing's former owner, View Resources Ltd, went into administration in February 2008 after disappointing gold production at Bronzewing and a blowout in costs.

View operated two underperforming underground pits and burnt through a lot of cash through the use of contractors, Mr Hatch told a conference in March.

Mr Hatch on Wednesday said Navigator had improved processing plant throughput and gold recovery.

"The ramp up in production activities is coming to a successful conclusion," he said.

"Recoveries through the processing plant are now running at around 95 per cent, well in excess of the 91 per cent recovery used in the financial banking model."

The company remained focused on extending the current planned mine life of five years to at least 10 years, Mr Hatch said.

Prior to View's ownership, Bronzewing was operated by Newmont Mining Corporation and before that, Joe Gutnick's Great Central Mines.

Navigator is assessing development options for its Leonora gold project, also in WA,

crooky
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Late announcement out tonight , SPP at 17 cents

JBmurc
15-07-2010, 01:46 PM
China, the world?s largest rare- earths producer, cut export quotas for the minerals needed to make hybrid cars and televisions by 72 percent for the second half, raising the possibility of a trade dispute with the U.S.
Shipments will be capped at 7,976 metric tons, down from 28,417 tons for the same period a year ago, according to data from the Ministry of Commerce yesterday.
Rising production of hybrid cars and music players such as Toyota Motor Corp.?s Prius and Apple Inc.?s iPod have driven up demand for rare earths even as China cut the quotas to shore up prices and ensure domestic supplies. The U.S. is looking at building a trade case on the restrictions, industry representatives said last month

JBmurc
20-07-2010, 06:53 PM
few months old but well worth a watch every Anti-mining Greenie should watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO94WHkqHg4&feature=related

NAV has one of Aussie better JORC resource of RARE EARTH METALS

JBmurc
21-07-2010, 06:20 PM
BGF report out on the 6th july 09 -If you haven't a clue on NAV I highly recommend to do some study reading this a good start

http://www.navigatorresources.com.au/files/files/516_NAV6July091.pdf

just go throught the managerment some big names here you would expect to see on a mid-large cap miner

One of my favourite parts of the old report---------

Other Projects(an that have 0% value added to SP)
----------------Cummins Range Rare Earths-------
Given that rare earth projects have been receiving greater
publicity recently, it is worth mentioning the Cummins Range
rare earth project, located 130 km NW of Halls Creek in WA.
Although only small at present, there is excellent potential to
expand it beyond the 1.1 mill. tonnes size, at a grade of
3.5% REO.
Cummins Range is thought to be similar in style to Mt Weld,
with a similar mix of light rare earth oxides and low thorium
levels.
----------Mt Weld---------------
Mt Weld Rare Earths Oxide (REO) deposit known as the Central Lanthanide Deposit (CLD) is without a doubt the worlds richest Rare Earths ore body, capable of supplying up to 20% of the global market for 30 years.
In addition to the world class Rare Earths Oxide (REO) deposit, the Mt Weld carbonatite is also host to extensive polymetallic Resource within the 'Crown Deposit' including niobium, tantalum, zirconium, titanium, and Rare Earths.

tobo
22-07-2010, 07:58 AM
price currently held down by cash raising,
'First come first serve' CR means many (including myself) don't bother applying because we assume we already missed out. (esp when located in NZ and have to deal with getting a cheque there).
Watching the chart.
Hold.

MPC
22-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Agree tobo,
I was basically too lazy or busy to deal with the hassle. Bought more options instead.
Just a matter of time.

Cheers,
MPC

upside_umop
22-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi JB,

Looks interesting. I read that report and got a basic jist on it. My thoughts are:

(a) Market is probably a little skeptical until they prove they can mine it better than the previous people.
(b) High leverage. It states production costs are ~$800 per ounce. This increases its risk markedly.
(c) Markets shaky. Like MacDunk used to say.... something like ‘you can’t go against the tide,’ ‘brings down all ships…’ i.e. market correlations turn tend towards one during crisis (LTCM will know about that).

Positives:
Above (b) this also works in its favour. This is because if you believe the gold price will go up…it will have a high leverage effect (rate of change of cashflows will be greater than lower cost peers). But for me, if gold is to go up more, it would be because of crisis/market confidence issues. Therefore, (c) will apply.

But what do I know. I’ve never bought a goldie before.

JBmurc
22-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi JB,

Looks interesting. I read that report and got a basic jist on it. My thoughts are:

(a) Market is probably a little skeptical until they prove they can mine it better than the previous people.
(b) High leverage. It states production costs are ~$800 per ounce. This increases its risk markedly.
(c) Markets shaky. Like MacDunk used to say.... something like ‘you can’t go against the tide,’ ‘brings down all ships…’ i.e. market correlations turn tend towards one during crisis (LTCM will know about that).

Positives:
Above (b) this also works in its favour. This is because if you believe the gold price will go up…it will have a high leverage effect (rate of change of cashflows will be greater than lower cost peers). But for me, if gold is to go up more, it would be because of crisis/market confidence issues. Therefore, (c) will apply.

But what do I know. I’ve never bought a goldie before.

NAV for sure has more risky than a TRY,KCN but without Question they certainly have the upside the open pit mining plan look solid for the next 4yr+ if the costs stay to plan $500per oz+ margin(1300-1400gold price) ,a good exploration results could easily Double mine life --a deal with SBM add another 50,000oz production
-Rare earth exploration upside a major ++

JBmurc
26-07-2010, 10:06 PM
good presentation out from NAV currently producing 1500oz per week an growing 80-100k likely for the 10/11 yr they predict a cashflow after costs of 40mill+
-market values NAV at 68mill --so market gives 0 value to rare earth(valued 10mill+)--0 value to the gold plant NAV own(worth more than total market cap to replace)
market gives 0 value to any exploration upside........................

JBmurc
27-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Investment Perspective: BUY for Production Progress
When we last covered NAV, in July 2009, NAV was in a
pre-financing, pre-production mode. The numbers looked
promising but there was an element of dysfunctionality at
the board and major shareholder levels as the Company
was seeking to make the transition from an entrepreneurial
explorer to a credible gold producer, under the managing
directorship of well-regarded and experienced engineer,
David Hatch.
That dysfunctionality spilled over into the public domain
with an aborted placement at 17c a share in October 2009,
which was replaced with a rights issue at 11c after a major
shareholder didnʼt settle its commitment. That left the NAV
share price in the doldrums until mid-March, the time when
the Bronzewing recommissioning commenced.
The recovery in the A$ gold price is having a material
impact on projected cash flows for Bronzewing, with each
$50/oz rise expecting to add $22m to the NPV for the
490,000 oz mining inventory. There is high leverage to the
gold price due to cash costs being in the order of $860/oz
at Bronzewing for 2010/11.
Bronzewing seems to be performing well and NAV is
receiving excellent news on the Cardinia ore being trial
treated through St Barbaraʼs Leonora plant. The model
called for 1.7 gpt head grades but the first parcels have
been up around 2.8 gpt, being a 65% overcall. If this is
representative, and the Company believes it is, this could
open up the door to higher profits and improved options for
ore processing.
Our post-tax NPV valuation of the Company, including both
projects, is $165m or 41c a share, leaving plenty of room
for upside from here. Leonora acounts for 13c of this, so
we will be looking for confirmation that our estimates have
been realistic.

float
27-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Looks as though progress is moving along nicely. If the month of July was as productive as June, we should see an increase in sp.
Hopefully the story about unusual rainfall and the lack of equipment, is a hiccup in whats been smooth sailing so far.
Good work Navigator :)

Corporate
21-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Nice reserve upgrade during the week!

I'm watching NAV quite closely and it is a compelling buy. I just can't decided whether to go for heads or options. I'm leaning towards heads though.

JBmurc
23-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Nice reserve upgrade during the week!

I'm watching NAV quite closely and it is a compelling buy. I just can't decided whether to go for heads or options. I'm leaning towards heads though.

Yeah I went with the opts but at current prices the heads are better buying if the market get back into NAV then the opts could well fly before ex date

JBmurc
04-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Navigator Resources' gold production on track at Bronzewing
company news image

Perth-based Navigator Resources (ASX: NAV) has updated operations at its Bronzewing and Leonora Gold Projects (BGP & LGP), and the Cummins Range Rare Earth Project, all located in Western Australia.

In addition, it has announced the appointment of Ian Macpherson as Deputy Chairman.

Gold production continues to grow at the Bronzewing Gold Project and the company anticipates to achieve the September 2010 quarter budgeted gold production. Ore tonnes mined are exceeding budget, with grade control defining 10-15% more contained ounces of gold. The companys cash reserves are rising as gold sales increase.

The Challenger South Pit is being prepared as the third ore source for September. Mill throughput is running at 2.1-2.2Mtpa, with plant recovery exceeding 94%.

NAV has now completed two significant grade control drilling programs in Central Pit and compared to the ore reserve estimate, grade control drilling is typically resulting in 20 to 25% more tonnes of ore; 5 to 10% lower grade; and 10 to 15% more ounces of contained gold.

Based on the above outcomes, NAV said the Central Pit ore mining strategy is focussed on mining and milling the additional ore tonnes, albeit at slightly lower grade, milling the high grade (HG) ore component (+1.0g/t Au) and stockpiling low grade (LG) ore which is surplus to mill capacity.

In addition, the company is continuing initiatives to increase mill throughput. The focus on mill throughput has successfully seen the achievement of sustained annualised tonnage of 2.1-2.2 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa). Surface ore stockpiles are nevertheless growing in line with budget projections.

Although ore mining in Success Pit was delayed as against the original mine plan, the lower ore tonnage mined during July and August was substantially higher grade than the ore mined from Central Pit and when introduced into the mill feed, even as a small proportion of the blend, the grade uplift was noticeable.

Success Pit ore is scheduled to be re-introduced into the mill feed blend in the latter half of September.

Final permitting has been received to enable mining to commence at the Challenger South Pit. Clearing inside the pit perimeter has finished and the first pass of grade control drilling will be completed during the coming week. Challenger South Pit will become the companys third open pit ore source during September 2010.

The performance of the Bronzewing processing plant continues to exceed expectations. Mill throughput for the past two months is running at approximately 2.1Mtpa, comfortably higher than the budgeted 2.0Mtpa.

The company is continuing to optimise the milling circuit without incurring new capital costs with the objective of further increasing plant throughput.

Similarly, plant recovery has exceeded 94.0% for the past three months, comfortably higher than the budgeted 92.0% recovery.

Processing and administration operating costs are tracking in line with budgeted cost levels.

On 18 August 2010, NAV announced a 25% increase in the Bronzewing Gold Project ore reserves, net of depletion to 30 June 2010. The upgraded ore reserve is 8.157Mt @ 1.8g/t for 480,500 ounces of contained gold.

NAV has prioritised exploration targets at Bronzewing and intends drill testing two highly ranked targets as soon as possible.

An aircore drill program has been planned for the Eagle prospect where an earlier BLEG soil geochemical sampling program obtained values of up to 1,954ppb (1.95g/t) gold and an earlier RAB hole had intersected 9m @ 4.8g/t Au from 78m.

The aircore program will consist of approximately 4,000m of drilling over well defined anomalous zones. A small RC drill program has also been planned to follow up on the earlier RAB intersection.

The program of work (POW) submission to cover both drill programs has been lodged and it is expected that drilling will commence early in the December quarter.

Also, some of the BLEG geochemical anomalies remain open after the first round of soil sampling and work is currently in progress to extend and fully define these anomalies.

Recent in-house preliminary studies have shown that the Woorana prospect is worthy of additional RC drilling to better define the previously intersected mineralisation which has included 4m @ 56.9g/t Au (including 1m @ 215.5 g/t Au) from 24m in an RC hole, and 9m @ 5.52g/t Au from 9m and 6m @ 7.2g/t Au from 12m which are both from aircore holes.

A POW submission for RC drilling will be lodged in the next two weeks.

NAV has now successfully completed the trial mining and processing program at its Leonora Gold Project and produced 7,223oz of gold and $2.12M of positive net cashflow.

A total of 74,200 tonnes of ore was milled at St Barbara Ltds (SBM) Leonora processing facility, comprising an estimated 60,200 tonnes of Bruno supergene ore and 14,000 tonnes of Mert 2 hardrock blending ore. Gold produced from ore treatment at SBMs plant in Leonora was 4,450oz.

Due to the favourable grade performance of the Bruno supergene ore, the company decided to complete mining Bruno Pit.

As a result, a total of 100,000 tonnes of ore was mined from the Bruno open pit. The balance of 39,800 tonnes of Bruno ore was hauled to the Bronzewing Gold Project for treatment.

Sampling of this material on the Bronzewing ROM stockpile supported ore grades seen at SBMs Leonora plant. Estimated gold recovery from Bruno ore being processed at Bronzewing was 2,773oz.

The Cummins Range rare earth project October 2009 valuation is being revised to reflect higher commodity prices.

NAVs focus during 2010 has been on establishing itself as a gold producer with its own cashflow being generated from operations.

The company has nevertheless continued to monitor developments in the rare earth metals sector and is aware of recent market price increases for the suite of commodities existing at Cummins Range.

At the same time, NAV has engaged PCF Capital Group to conduct a staged process to determine whether there is demand for an asset level transaction for the Cummins Range project.

On 2 August 2010, the company closed its Share Purchase Plan (SPP), raising $1.6 million by issuing 9,433,412 shares at an issue price of 17 cents per share.

The company has appointed former Company Secretary and current Non Executive Director, Ian Macpherson, as Deputy Chairman to Chairman, Allan Trench.

tobo
04-09-2010, 10:57 AM
"NAV has engaged PCF Capital Group to conduct a staged process to determine whether there is demand for an asset level transaction for the Cummins Range project"
What might this mean?
Could this include a wide range of possiblities like selling it, splitting it off, JV?

Originally I got into NAV for it's rare earths potential but more recently have valued it for its gold production (now having a more healthy respect for just how much work goes into REO to get anywhere near production) [I also hold LYC]

JBmurc
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
"NAV has engaged PCF Capital Group to conduct a staged process to determine whether there is demand for an asset level transaction for the Cummins Range project"
What might this mean?
Could this include a wide range of possiblities like selling it, splitting it off, JV?

Originally I got into NAV for it's rare earths potential but more recently have valued it for its gold production (now having a more healthy respect for just how much work goes into REO to get anywhere near production) [I also hold LYC]

yeah going be very interesting what happen hopefully a J.V with NAV keeping a good size stake with the other party fronting up with the cash to drill an increase JORC with a plan to then to mine or sell
- I understand that NAV have only really drilled an JORC a part of the resource discovered with many drills open at depth an in direction--- in ground value on old prices 10-20mill so new higher prices should mean current JORC REO values closer to 20mill a good asset to have in the back round of the 100koz Gold production for a very undervalued NAV

JBmurc
06-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Like I said on the GOLD thread NAV depth volume went very bullish on friday up 14% so far today to 19.5c na make that 17% 20c now buyers want a piece maybe SKOL just did the numbers an loaded up LOL

latest NAV report BRR-http://www.navigatorresources.com.au/files/news/74_100906_NAVASX_Audio_Broadcast.pdf

crooky
06-09-2010, 11:32 PM
hi Jbmurc ,
I'm holding , finally a nice move up today , been a patient holder , NAV my only gold play .
I also like the Cummins Range Rare Earth play. Didn't go the SPP and increased holdings at 16.5, good to see management and key staff going to take a well earned break.
Fresh is always Best !!
Cheers
Crooky

JBmurc
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah a really good sight to not only the massive buying interest but to see mangement take some time off on a job well done an be back really to start the next phase
-
- well worth going to NAV's website an checkout the Mangement & Board wouldn't look out of place in a major Billion dollar value miner

I actually have a book on the Aussie resource sector -Investing in AUS Mining & reource Stocks(50 ways to select the right shares)
one of the authors is -Allan Trench 2002------- the Chairman of NAV

upside_umop
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
JB, you'll be happy to know I have an order in for a modest amount of NAV. Things look good...as I say its highly leveraged to the price of gold, so it can work both ways. Still, it appears the management are and have created some good value here.

tobo
10-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm no TA expert, but the chart says it went up strongly over the last few days. (Duh).
Watch for break through of 22.5 resistance

JBmurc
13-09-2010, 08:35 PM
23c onwards from here NAVO could really arc up if NAV hooks another gear towards 50c

float
14-09-2010, 11:56 PM
I really wish I had brought some options now. I thought they were excercised movember this year .... not 2011!! Gud stuff JB and any others who brought'em, your sitting on a gold mine ;)

fwu005
15-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I really wish I had brought some options now. I thought they were excercised movember this year .... not 2011!! Gud stuff JB and any others who brought'em, your sitting on a gold mine ;)

Thanks Jb. I hold 3/5 options and 2/5 shares and sit on very comfortable gain. Just waiting rocket to the moon.

JBmurc
16-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes an as aways don't sell to soon
I think we could see NAV get a very tidy price for their Rare earth discovery which then could be used to fund getting the lerona mine up in running an add an extra 50,000oz of gold production on top of their going to plan 100,000oz an also help bring down costs some way--this could well mean NAV could be looking at a EBIT of 60mill -market value 99mill so if they can increase reserves towards 10yrs(they have great exploration grounds) there is no reason why they couldn't command at least a 500mill market cap in time..

MPC
16-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Thats JBmurc, As always the difficult decision will be when to sell.
Their prospects for the future look great if it all comes to fruition and the rare earth minerals are exciting. What are your thoughts on the shareprice short to mid term? We all know it should be trading a lot higher, I like the valuation around 40 cents at the moment.

Cheers,
MPC

JBmurc
16-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Short term-- Market will re-rate on the back of solid numbers production/costs/sales etc which we will then get the profit margin--- $200-300 margin SP will trade round current levels
$400-$600 Margin SP should head towards 40's
-Rare Earth -cummins range -should well add another 20% min to the SP on likely sale price 20mill --J.V etc will also add a good kick to the sp depending on details

Mid term -Gold exploration ,Gold price will be main SP driver IMHO gold should well trade above $1500oz AUD next year -will equal-Margin high est. $700 = 70mill EBIT

so personal I happy to hold NAV to the 50c range likely some trading over this time in my NAVO opts

Lego_Man
16-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I've entered at 23c.

It's all very well making a valuation and saying it should be trading at X, however as we know it can trade above or below that hypothetical figure for sustained periods. If we are entering a REE "mini bubble" as i suspect we are...with NAV's gold production holding it's own and the POG staying high (or getting higher?), i wouldnt be surprised to see it blow to beyond 50c as the back of the envelope suggests. I'd be very happy with that...

JBmurc
16-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes 50c will have me taking some profits in the head shares

tobo
17-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I've entered at 23c.

... If we are entering a REE "mini bubble" as i suspect we are......

That mini bubble has been going for a month or 2 now, with the REE-focussed companies having doubled in that time. NAV has not doubled in that time so this is evidence that it is valued pretty-much for it's gold, with not much for REE.

Perhaps you are using the term mini bubble to mean it's run so fast that it might run out of steam soon. [I wonder about this too, but many commentators will continue talking it up when right at the top, so will have to be alert to see when top happens.]

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 10:24 AM
A closer look into NAV cummins range Rare earth discovery has me now much more hoping NAV doesn't sell it even for 20mill as its value could without much costs be worth so much more to NAV value.. funds wise NAV should surely be able to get a drill rig there this year to expand resource value.............

The independant valuation of the cummins range JORC reserve was made in 2009 --10m-20m

75% of their resource has increased in value by over 500%!! 50mill-100mill ? much of the drilling is open at depth and has little exporation outside area of discovery...

the Rare Earth asset NAV has could well be worth more than the entire market value of NAV an it's 101,000oz gold production 10/11 costs $860 revenue 141mill

fwu005
17-09-2010, 01:22 PM
A closer look into NAV cummins range Rare earth discovery has me now much more hoping NAV doesn't sell it even for 20mill as its value could without much costs be worth so much more to NAV value.. funds wise NAV should surely be able to get a drill rig there this year to expand resource value.............

The independant valuation of the cummins range JORC reserve was made in 2009 --10m-20m

75% of their resource has increased in value by over 500%!! 50mill-100mill ? much of the drilling is open at depth and has little exporation outside area of discovery...

the Rare Earth asset NAV has could well be worth more than the entire market value of NAV an it's 101,000oz gold production 10/11 costs $860 revenue 141mill

+41.7mill cashflow for a 90mill market capital.

JBmurc
17-09-2010, 01:46 PM
+41.7mill cashflow for a 90mill market capital.
yes thats right well 95mill Market cap now what would be a fair value for NAV with 1.7moz of Gold + current REE JORC

say they do keep EBIT at 41mill having a P/E of 10 (which is very low for a Gold producer with good reserves OGC LGL DOM etc 27+)
gives them a Market cap round 410mill add in the Rare earths 50m? 100m?

I could see NAV command a $ SP if things go their way

MPC
23-09-2010, 07:47 PM
TRading halt from this morning. What do you think?
Cummins range REE sale? Resource upgrade? Bad news?

trackers
23-09-2010, 07:54 PM
TRading halt from this morning. What do you think?
Cummins range REE sale? Resource upgrade? Bad news?

The trading halt itself has the reason...For TH, always pays to read pg2 :)

Wall failure in central pit at bronzewing. Doesn't state impact other than to say that ore rates will be affected

MPC
23-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Didn't see that. Thanks Trackers

JBmurc
23-09-2010, 09:58 PM
yeah will cost a few weeks production maybe 2-4koz of the planned 101,000 koz least they let shareholders know

trackers
24-09-2010, 06:32 AM
yeah will cost a few weeks production maybe 2-4koz of the planned 101,000 koz least they let shareholders know

Yeah, can't argue with the communication there, they're definitely up front about it. They say that Monday they will provide an even more comprehensive update so that is good.

Got frustrated with this one's lack of movement and sold out about 18c, thinking about a re-entry

JBmurc
24-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, can't argue with the communication there, they're definitely up front about it. They say that Monday they will provide an even more comprehensive update so that is good.

Got frustrated with this one's lack of movement and sold out about 18c, thinking about a re-entry

Yeah I got the same way about STX PEN but NAV no way, I want to have my share NAV ,when we reach fair value before the years out depending on the Gold price easy 40c-50c If the rare earths come in to pay $1 not out of the question on the numbers NAV screams bargain like no other jnr producer there's explorers worth more

why GOLD has long legs an much more growth to come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDuZmmz3dqg

tobo
25-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Trackers,
wouldn't be surprised at an over reaction downwards when reopens after halt.
Assuming impact on entire company's future earnings will be small, the market just sees "collapse" and says (put on a Homer Simpson voice for this) "bad, must sell, now"
So may be a cheaper entry.

of course I may stand corrected once the announcementment is made.

I hold LT

tobo
25-09-2010, 08:55 AM
an announcementment is an announcement that expands on an earlier announcement

float
30-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Operations update is now tantalizingly close, hopefully it makes for good reading!! See they've knocked up a forsale sign on Cummins range.... stay tuned :)

MPC
30-09-2010, 06:53 AM
This has to make a move soon I feel.
Didn't notice Cummins range was for sale.

Cheers,
MPC

MPC
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Float, where did you see it was for sale? I haven't see a mention of this.

upside_umop
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Float, where did you see it was for sale? I haven't see a mention of this.

It was on the audio broadcast on the 6th stating they were looking at an 'asset level transaction' of CR. I think it was on an announcement somewhere too, maybe part of a presentation. Indicative bids closed on the 30th of September.

More hype would probably be generated if there were to announce a substantial drilling program or pick up LYC as a JV partner, given the properties are similar to Mt Weld (or so have said to been).

float
02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey MPC, Sorry bout the delayed reply. Cummins range is listed on www.minesonline.com, I've attached a picture of what i could find.

MPC
02-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Float,
Thanks for your good work. I was negligent to miss this. I actually think a sale of cummins would be a good idea. They would need to spend so much money to develop its potential whereas more money in the bank is always welcome. Nice steady income stream coming in at the moment.
What would a sale of Cummins mean to the share price I wonder as it hasn't really been factored into the current price. I see the potential of NAV but not a lot of interest at the moment. It seemed to be drifting up last few week or so but depth has weakened and drifting back down. What news can we expect near future?

Cheers,
geof

Entrep
05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Really can't understand NAV. Thought I had sold too cheap at 18c before the recent run-up - now it looks like I might even be able to get back in cheaper! SP is looking very weak at the moment.

MPC
05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
yeh, I told you it had to move soon...I didn't mean downwards though.

Cheers,
MPC

trackers
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi guys,

Shook my head in disbelief at this yesterday too, as a non-holder (had held at various times though). With gold reaching new highs overnight should be a nice green day for you lot

float
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Fickle market eh......
It's disappointing to see the shares being sold at these prices. I am being stubborn and wont consider selling until I have the next quarterly info. However it could end in tears if the results turn out to be less than anticipated.

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Fickle market eh......
It's disappointing to see the shares being sold at these prices. I am being stubborn and wont consider selling until I have the next quarterly info. However it could end in tears if the results turn out to be less than anticipated.

Patience will be rewarded float never sell if your instincts tell you to hold or in my case buy of late 30's are coming this year IMHO
NAV up 20% to 23c on no news but I'd bet all of trackers money that we will get a good ann. out next couple days need to break an hold recent high 24.5c could tomorrow be the day looks great T/A wise breaking higher on volume blowing throught the 90day SMA

MPC
20-10-2010, 05:37 PM
My patience was running out so happy with the movement today. More impressed by the volume of trades and depth is looking good apart from a couple of big sellers.
Now it gets interesting.
Disc: Hold a heap of NAVO's

Cheers,
MPC

MPC
20-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Actually depth not looking that great at the moment but changes quickly,

Cheers,
MPC

JBmurc
20-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Bid depth seem to look better now there is some large offers just above market close 22.5c

I see NAV recieved a speeding ticket from the ASIC ---in the ann. NAV state they will have an updated valuation report on cummin range Rare earth within a week....... looking forward to that

MPC
20-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks JB murc,
I am very much looking forward to that updated report as well.

Cheers,
MPC

upside_umop
21-10-2010, 12:07 PM
This is definitely the rare earths coming through.

Double bubble? I.e. Gold + Rare Earths?

NAV is in the perfect place for speculators to go crazy, especially as NAV came out yesterday saying they were expecting to release details on their results of interest in a planned 'asset level transaction' for their cummins range rare earths project next week.

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Yes major buyers wanting in today Glad to have brought more recently ,many also believe NAV other gold asset leonora could be a target by SBM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some very very good Gold exploration results along with a major upgrade at cummins range
So NAV is starting to head towards some kind of fair value my target 45c-50c this year

T/A wise very bullish new 1 year high hit 2yr high next week 30c+ on news likely IMHO

volume wise NAV will have more traded in the first hour of trading than whole days of late

Also there is twice the amount of Bids to offers be the first time in years the Depth for NAV has had that

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 12:41 PM
NAV now 27.5c up 22% in 40mins I love making moola

Some facts

NAV biggest ever volume in it's entire history has been just recently it was some 11.8mill shares traded in one day

so far today we have 10mill in 48mins of trading --Major buyers with the deep pockets are here an want a piece---

NAV was once $1.31

trackers
21-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Unreal. I knew NAV would rerate soon, but not this fast. Massive

Lego_Man
21-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Trading Halt!

Glad i didnt sell a week ago...

Lego_Man
21-10-2010, 02:37 PM
From that wording my pick is new resource valuation/upgraded estimate + either placement or cap raising.

EDIT: It may also interest you to know that the Cummins Range is no longer advertised on minesonline.com...

trackers
21-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Trading Halt!

Glad i didnt sell a week ago...

Lol! I did.

I'm stoked for holders... but does anyone else find it funny that NAV takes off like a rocket, ASX asks for a please explain, NAV says "I know nooothing", then goes into a Trading Halt the next day!!! Classic

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Talk about leaky ship the real insiders new yesterday the mates of the guys in the know went nuts today an now Trading Halt so the safe wait till the news comes out punters will pay up on open,as for the likely news
"pending release with relation to the company's Rare earths, an funding"
So most likely we will here.. --Rare earths at cummins range have a new valuation which adds 10's millions to bottom line in ground value..
An also a major J.V deal with NAV receiving 10 mill in cash for a 20-30% stake in cummins range an a deal that will increase the J.V interest on spending another 10mill on exploration an increasing the REE resource

now if this is true I won't be even thinking of selling one share till 50c

soulman
21-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Lol! I did.

I'm stoked for holders... but does anyone else find it funny that NAV takes off like a rocket, ASX asks for a please explain, NAV says "I know nooothing", then goes into a Trading Halt the next day!!! Classic

I sold yesterday at 23. This TH can be good or bad for the SP. You never know.

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I sold yesterday at 23. This TH can be good or bad for the SP. You never know.

yeah you never no maybe the news is good the market sells down stranger thing have happen still with the most shares even traded in NAV in just 90mins I'd say the news will be very good on the Rare earth discovery

MPC
21-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I love it and I have heaps of options.. Come on monday, holiday here so I can sit in front of the computer counting my money.....hopefully
Cheers,
MPC

float
21-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Congradulations to the NAV faithful, sadly this idiot sold his shares last week ....... doh! I still hold a much smaller parcel of options, so all is not lost. I'll mark this down as a costly lesson .....
Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats and enjoy the ride :)

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 09:30 PM
You guys selling out what the ?? NAV is one if not the cheapest 100koz gold producer on the market the REO was a free carry now it could be worth 30mill+ to NAV
Fundamentals>>>> never let the quick dollar suck you in to selling cheap unless you not 100% on the fundamentals

Lego_Man
21-10-2010, 09:36 PM
To be fair i thought hard about selling, it was looking really weak for a while there while the rest of the sector was thrusting hard. You cant blame people for getting impatient and wanting to shift capital into more appealing trades. I was going to sell and buy EKM.

Hell, we've all done it.

JBmurc
21-10-2010, 09:53 PM
To be fair i thought hard about selling, it was looking really weak for a while there while the rest of the sector was thrusting hard. You cant blame people for getting impatient and wanting to shift capital into more appealing trades. I was going to sell and buy EKM.

Hell, we've all done it.

Yes I have for sure, Still I've learnt over the years the best gains come from believing in your own judgement so when you post an believe "NAV is undervalued because..........." don't sell cheap the next day...timing/patiance is everything impatiention is the mother of many losses IMHO(is for me IAU,CVX,AGM)

example ARD the market is ho-hum other ST also ho-hum as it's not hot at the moment do I sell when it moves from 24c to 17.5 no I buy more because I believe in my judgement now lets see if that judgement is correct in 6months I believe it will be even though I'd be one of the very few

judgement can also work on the upside SVL has gone from my purchase of 10.5 to 28.5c I sold all average 27c yet it's trending higher but I trust my own greed an sell

trackers
22-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Well played, NAV.. Spinning off Rare Earths into new company with bonus shares and first dibs to holders.

Going to be a nice couple days for holders I suspect

crooky
23-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I'll be taking up entitlement for sure , always did like their rare earth play.

upside_umop
23-10-2010, 07:54 PM
On holiday at the moment, but thought it was worth a check up.

I am a little disappointed as it will provide less leverage to the options. I have got a slightly more $ worth of options than heads.

The in-specie distribution only applies to the heads - and I'm not converting the options to gain the distribution, certainly not while they hold an 8 cent premium! They would have to start lagging for me to do that....could be a possibility though.

This could be an interesting gauge to see what the ReeCo lists and settles for after IPO. Then again, the market might not think anything of ReeCo and NAV will do nothing. In anycase, it will be interesting.

MPC
25-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Today is going to fun. Depth is starting to go crazy and we are in for a great ride....can't predict what will happen but it should all be positive....
Cheers,
MPC
Disc: Hold a heap of options

skid
25-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Down 6%?? Any theories??

denpal
25-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't trust NAV's management and project quality and won't therefore buy any shares no matter what. Have held previously from time when CR was getting everyone excited.

MPC
25-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Today was different than I thought but the timing of the announcment regarding the placement just before opening put a brake on procedings.
Rare Earth valuation was good and free shares will be good. It should be worth more than todays close easily and hplefully will creep up. Huge volume was good to see. I am also wary of the reality of getting the Rare Earths out of the ground but worth a punt since it seems to be the flavour of the months.

Cheers,
MPC

float
27-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Seems like alot of people jumped on board for the REE ride. Not sure what to make of the Cummins Range situation.... Any REE guru's on ST have an opinion? from what I read the grades are relatively low.
Searched to find some rough exctraction cost figures to no avail. I imagine its very capital intensive. Potentially a very longterm project.

Disclosure: Just finnished my introductory lesson to rare earths mining 101.

It will be interesting to see the drill results from the eagle prospect.

float
27-10-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't trust NAV's management and project quality and won't therefore buy any shares no matter what. Have held previously from time when CR was getting everyone excited.

Hey Denpal,

If you dont mind me asking, what were the reasons for your distrust in management??

I sold some of my position because of the recent BronzeWing activities report. It failed to mention why they were 7'ish percent below their revised shortfall of 10% (17%). It seemed to me they had lower grades than expected. Up until then I really liked their timely disclosures with accomplishable target forecasts, but this one lacked some vital details.

I did have the intension to re enter at a later date, but alas, the share price shot up after I sold :)

Float

trackers
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Congratulations holders, going to be a fairly good day I would imagine...

Eagle drilling:

4m @ 66.58g/t Au from a depth of 28m, including
1m @ 257.94g/t Au from 29m

It is weird that that seems to be the only decent result though.. I guess RC drilling will tell the full story however

JBmurc
09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
the most undervalued Gold producer on the ASX ,the market will change its tune in time ,in the mean time I will increase my holding another 110k going be one very good 2011 for NAV a for us shareholders
-Eagle looks likely to be another shallow depth gold discovery close by to the broz mining plant how big will be known once the next stage of deeper RC drilling but so far so very good Air core results look the goods gold in soil anomaly over 5kms in length
-Woorana also could well add some serious reserves to NAV,s balance sheet
-leonora 750koz reserve to add another 30-40koz production to the already planned 100koz+ production 10/11 yr
-Overall 2moz Gold reserves likely early 2011

Cummin's range spin-off soon free shares with rights att. to S/holders

And the market values at half the value the Broz plant would cost to replace with gold over $1400 reserves in place Qtr ore production records broken at broz throw some higher grades from new discovers 150-200koz producer come 2012 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Not going stay at 100mill value for long is it

Corporate
09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
JB if you buy now do you still get the free Cummin's range shares?

MPC
10-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Yes. Details should be announced very soon

JBmurc
29-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Qtr report-costs down production up

https://www.macquarie.com.au/emgonline/webservices/newsservice/DisplayFeed?cachehdr=0&feedId=287538&irn=401506&macCode=11493

---------Leonora production would be nice add-on in production to 150koz per ann likely-----------
"it is likely that a development decision on Leonora will not
occur prior to mid‐year, by which time the Company’s current debt facility is scheduled to be retired.
In the event that the Leonora project returns are determined to be sufficiently attractive to warrant a
development decision, the Company would prefer to fund development from cash reserves rather
than issue more equity or commit to a new debt facility"

looks like ex. date for Rare earth spin off late march

JBmurc
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Leonora decision
Monday, 31 January 2011
Tania Winter
WITH the Bronzewing gold mine in Western
Australia hitting its straps at the rate of
100,000 ounces per annum, Navigator
Resources is progressing with work on its
Leonora property where it expects to make a
development decision by June.
With a likely capital cost of up to $A30 million, the gold
miner plans to fund the development from internal
cash reserves, and expects to be debt free by June
after paying off a $12.18 million debt facility held with
RMB Resources.
The majority of the funds will be used to construct a
processing facility to initially treat Cardinia supergene
ore, as well as other sources of oxide ore in the project
area.
In-house mine planning has already pointed to a likely
mining inventory at Leonora of 6 million tonnes grading
1.8 grams per tonne gold for a contained 320,000oz
based on a processing rate of 750,000tpa, a mine life
of between eight and nine years and production of up
to 40,000ozpa of gold.
Overall unit operating costs of production were
estimated at $900-925 an ounce, while earnings before
interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation came in at
$120-130 million based on a gold price of $1350/oz.
Navigator is seeking ways to further improve returns
and reduce costs to a range of $600-700/oz.
To this end, it plans to start drilling its two highest
ranked targets in the project, namely Kurrajong North
and Hobby, to try to grow high-grade oxide ore
resources.
In the meantime, its flagship Bronzewing mine
produced 22,667oz in the latest quarter at an average
head grade of 1.24 grams per tonne and unit operating
costs of $1005/oz.
This compares to production of 22,129oz in the
September quarter at an average head grade of
1.15gpt and costs of $1198/oz.
Production for the year to date is 41,276oz at costs of
$1092/oz.
Bronzewing remains on track to deliver 100,000ozpa
over an initial five-year life, with ore mined from seven
open pits ? Central, Success, Cockburn, Challenger
South, Challenger North, Challenger and Corboys.
Exploration is continuing in a bid to increase the mine
life.
Resources currently stand at 11.58Mt grading 1.8gpt
for a contained 692,000oz.
Cash on hand for the group was $13.71 million at the
end of December with 3655oz of gold awaiting sale,
worth around $5.07 million.
Shares in Navigator were down 2.38% or 0.5c to
20.5c.

shasta
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Leonora decision
Monday, 31 January 2011
Tania Winter
WITH the Bronzewing gold mine in Western
Australia hitting its straps at the rate of
100,000 ounces per annum, Navigator
Resources is progressing with work on its
Leonora property where it expects to make a
development decision by June.
With a likely capital cost of up to $A30 million, the gold
miner plans to fund the development from internal
cash reserves, and expects to be debt free by June
after paying off a $12.18 million debt facility held with
RMB Resources.
The majority of the funds will be used to construct a
processing facility to initially treat Cardinia supergene
ore, as well as other sources of oxide ore in the project
area.
In-house mine planning has already pointed to a likely
mining inventory at Leonora of 6 million tonnes grading
1.8 grams per tonne gold for a contained 320,000oz
based on a processing rate of 750,000tpa, a mine life
of between eight and nine years and production of up
to 40,000ozpa of gold.
Overall unit operating costs of production were
estimated at $900-925 an ounce, while earnings before
interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation came in at
$120-130 million based on a gold price of $1350/oz.
Navigator is seeking ways to further improve returns
and reduce costs to a range of $600-700/oz.
To this end, it plans to start drilling its two highest
ranked targets in the project, namely Kurrajong North
and Hobby, to try to grow high-grade oxide ore
resources.
In the meantime, its flagship Bronzewing mine
produced 22,667oz in the latest quarter at an average
head grade of 1.24 grams per tonne and unit operating
costs of $1005/oz.
This compares to production of 22,129oz in the
September quarter at an average head grade of
1.15gpt and costs of $1198/oz.
Production for the year to date is 41,276oz at costs of
$1092/oz.
Bronzewing remains on track to deliver 100,000ozpa
over an initial five-year life, with ore mined from seven
open pits ? Central, Success, Cockburn, Challenger
South, Challenger North, Challenger and Corboys.
Exploration is continuing in a bid to increase the mine
life.
Resources currently stand at 11.58Mt grading 1.8gpt
for a contained 692,000oz.
Cash on hand for the group was $13.71 million at the
end of December with 3655oz of gold awaiting sale,
worth around $5.07 million.
Shares in Navigator were down 2.38% or 0.5c to
20.5c.

I know the AUD & USD are nearly on par, but are those cash costs in $A or $US?

$900 - 925/oz sounds a bit thin, ok its a $400/oz margin on direct costs, but with actual cash costs over $1000/oz, i'd be keener on NAV if the costs were in the $600 - 700/oz range

You after the Rare Earths spin off JBMurc?

JBmurc
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I know the AUD & USD are nearly on par, but are those cash costs in $A or $US?

$900 - 925/oz sounds a bit thin, ok its a $400/oz margin on direct costs, but with actual cash costs over $1000/oz, i'd be keener on NAV if the costs were in the $600 - 700/oz range

You after the Rare Earths spin off JBMurc?

Yeah the rare earths will be a bonus but the fact is NAV is only in their first year of production and going on qtr to qtr they did drop costs $100 they are very confindent they will reduce futher on higher grades & production going forward also if leonora come on board NAV Mgmt believe it's higher grades could see overall costs drop as well as increase production towards 140,000oz p.a est av costs -$800-900 .........so really you buy NAV if your bullish on gold going higher gold at
1500AUD + later this year could well see NAV getting a major re-rating (don't know of many 100koz producers under NAV mktcap..)

tobo
04-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes, I think NAV is a low market cap 100k producer because of combination of Bronzewing (View resources) sentiment legacy and it being highish cost producer. The first will fade as production is confirmed, and the second 'disadvantage' will reduce as the POG increases.
Hence I agree, should experience disproportionate gains if bullish on POG.

As for rare earths, (a looooong process to get to production), there was no sp jump when it was announced so the market is not valuing it.
The RE juniors industry is a bit all over the place at the moment. Nearer producers dpoubled/tripled over last 6 months with multiple x increases in RE prices, and conflict arguments about how realistic success would be for the 'not so near producers' and also drop in RE prices from somewhere about 2014/15...

So there might be gains in KRE spin, perhaps trading gain in volatility. For me, the size of the resource is an issue, quite smaller than the huge ones. Perhaps just dig it up and send out for processing?

Hold NAV and LYC

tobo
04-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Rare Earths comparison
NAV/KRE 4.2T @ 1.7% = 72 kT (only 0.3% are Heavy RE). 72 kT @ $70= $5b
LYC 17.5T @ 8.1% = 1,420 kT (only 0% are Heavy RE). 1420 kT @ $70= $100b

mind you
LYC plant only costing half a $billion (for 11kT pa ramping up to 22kT pa production)
and KRE also have phosphate 460 kT, (also U)

JBmurc
30-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Well brought move NAV recent am keen on getting a few free KRE ....
currently NAV hope to produce 23koz Gold to the march Qtr profit est. $450per oz =10.35mill EBIT for the Qtr yet another reason I brought more......
got to hold NAV before the 10th MAY to get 1 KRE per 20 NAV shares of course you can buy 1 for every 10 NAV you hold before the public get a chance
KRE should get some interest with REO prices still going higher..

looking forward to getting my free 15000 KRE esp as I bet the NAV SP will hardly move come ex.date

JBmurc
19-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Well was a 19c buyer today after looking into many other PGM,Energy shares I just couldn't come to buying anything but more NAV it's just crazy value when you see the trend in gold,rare earths,, buying NAV gives you both.. I for one am looking forward to near 17000 free KRE shares ,when really I'd buy NAV just on their Gold forward earnings of 40mill(2011) to 60mill+(2012) basically I'm buying into a forward P/E round 1.5 so basically if all goes to plan NAV will earn near their entire market value every 18months .................or if you look at gross cashflow NAV will do it in 210days!!

Corporate
19-04-2011, 09:39 PM
JB, if you don't mind. When is the cut-off date for receiving KRE shares?

JBmurc
19-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Public Offer Opens 29 March 2011
Priority Offer Record Date 4 April 2011
Priority Offer Opens 4 April 2011
Prospectus Dispatched 5 April 2011
Priority Offer Closing Date 21 April 2011
Public Offer Closing Date 5 May 2011
Allotment of Shares 13 May 2011
Demerger Record Date 16 May 2011
Anticipated Listing Date 18 May 2011
In Specie Distribution by Navigator Resources within 1 month of
ASX Listing

steve fleming
21-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Public Offer Opens 29 March 2011
Priority Offer Record Date 4 April 2011
Priority Offer Opens 4 April 2011
Prospectus Dispatched 5 April 2011
Priority Offer Closing Date 21 April 2011
Public Offer Closing Date 5 May 2011
Allotment of Shares 13 May 2011
Demerger Record Date 16 May 2011
Anticipated Listing Date 18 May 2011
In Specie Distribution by Navigator Resources within 1 month of
ASX Listing

I went to a function the other night where Allan Trench, the Chairman of NAV and KRE was presenting.

He made the point that the KRE project was pretty comparable to PEK's main project the Ngualla RE Project in Tanzania. PEK has a market cap of $100m+ while KRE is being listed with an EV of just $7m.

I have a feeling KRE will re-rate massively in the months after listing. Allan Trench was almost pleading to NAV shareholders to take advantage of their priority entitlement.

JBmurc
21-04-2011, 09:08 AM
I went to a function the other night where Allan Trench, the Chairman of NAV and KRE was presenting.

He made the point that the KRE project was pretty comparable to PEK's main project the Ngualla RE Project in Tanzania. PEK has a market cap of $100m+ while KRE is being listed with an EV of just $7m.

I have a feeling KRE will re-rate massively in the months after listing. Allan Trench was almost pleading to NAV shareholders to take advantage of their priority entitlement.

Yeah it's come at a bad time for me with TAX to be paid soon If one of my other shares goes well in the very short term GRM,ARV I maybe might top up my entitlement

JBmurc
06-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Wish I had made it my priority to get my entitlement will only be getting my free lot

Navigator Resources Limited (ASX: NAV) (“Navigator”) is pleased to advise that the prospectus for the IPO of Kimberley Rare Earths Limited (KRE) has been substantially oversubscribed for both the Priority Offer and the Public Offer.
To assist with the extra demand, after consultation with BGF Equities who are the Lead Managers to the IPO, KRE has issued a Supplementary Prospectus to accept offers for an additional 19,635,234 shares ($3,927,047) which was reserved under the Prospectus for Navigator Optionholders to exercise options into shares to participate in the Priority Offer. To the extent that these options were not exercised, this capacity remains available. This extra issue will still not satisfy demand and there will be a scale back applied to both the Priority and Public Offers.
The Public Offer closing date remains 5pm Perth time on 5 May 2011. The Priority Offer closed on 21 April 2011.
The Directors of Navigator and KRE are very pleased with the overwhelming support of Navigator shareholders and the public for the IPO.

clem
15-06-2011, 01:58 PM
any opinions on the current state of affairs with the CR managed by pattersons?

JBmurc
15-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Sounds like the Cap raising will be a large one most likely to sophisticated investors at a major discount to last traded price 12.5c (some say 7c etc)
NAV has really be train wreak after the KRE listing ....I sold out at 18.5c because of the short term outlook looked pretty flat but never thought NAV would be raising sub 10c to help sort 11mill of debt with RMB(which I thought wouldn't have been a problem with 20mill in cash at 31march)
Many more Questions than answers at this stage really poor performance by mangerment of NAV ....will stay on the watchlist if the Cap raising is going to be 7c etc an the SP tanks one must look at the value of a producer with higher grade ore to be mined in the near future, debt free?

drillfix
15-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Clem, does the expression "Paws scratching the back of a furry neck" bring to light any thoughts? LOL

Or maybe just two simple quick words, Woof Woof~!

But then, this is only my opinion.

JBmurc
15-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Clem, does the expression "Paws scratching the back of a furry neck" bring to light any thoughts? LOL

Or maybe just two simple quick words, Woof Woof~!

But then, this is only my opinion.

yeah a Dog in view of the market/holders but with the marketcap likely to open round 40-50mill that would buy you maybe half the gold plant then NAV have resource base of over 1.7moz Gold (if an exploration company discovered that much it would command 50mill min) then you have the rare earths now part owned by KRE

The biggest problem with NAV at this stage is how can they have 22.7mill in cash 31march an a 11mill debt with RMB to now need to raise cash??
where has the cash at the bank gone ??? All will come out soon enough MGMT heads should roll over this..

drillfix
15-06-2011, 05:00 PM
The biggest problem with NAV at this stage is how can they have 22.7mill in cash 31march an a 11mill debt with RMB to now need to raise cash??
where has the cash at the bank gone ??? All will come out soon enough MGMT heads should roll over this..

Good question JB, and one that many companies continually pull, all that money and then what to they have to show shareholders? What exactly has the money been spent on and why?

To me, it sounds like bad management.

Fortunately for me I do not hold Navigator, but for those who do, I would be asking those exact questions to these cunning Con Men in suits (imo).

Most of them are all the same, yet not quite as obvious as one another.

JBmurc
17-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Navigator set for $20m discounted raising
KATE EMERY, The West Australian
June 17, 2011, 7:22 am tweet0EmailPrint
The West Australian й

Embattled gold miner Navigator Resources was last night finalising the terms of a rights issue to raise more than $20 million.

Patersons Securities is understood to be handling the capital raising, likely to be priced at nearly 7в a share. Navigator shares, which have not traded since June 2, last changed hands at 12.5в.

The company had hoped to pocket $4.5 million through a deal to sell a bigger stake in the Cummins Range rare earths project to its spin-off, Kimberley Rare Earths.

However, that deal was knocked on the head because it did not comply with the Australian Securities Exchange's listing rules. Navigator then decided to push ahead with a much bigger raising.

The company needs some of the cash to implement the findings of last month's strategic review of its Bronzewing gold mine. It plans to focus on Bronzewing's Cockburn pit to mine higher grade ore earlier than previously planned.

As a result of the revised mine plan, Navigator has already flagged lower production for the June quarter and is forecasting output of 75,000oz for 2010-11.

Details of the capital raising could be announced as early as today, with some of the proceeds potentially to be used to repay debt.

Navigator acquired Bronzewing from View Resources' administrators in 2009 but the restart of the mine has been hindered by operational woes, including a partial collapse of a pit wall last year.

The company also owns a project in Leonora that is earmarked for a second gold mine.

Corporate
20-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Rights issue at 6.8c.....taking the pi$$ - I don't think management can ever be taken seriously.

drillfix
20-06-2011, 12:24 PM
What a nightmare for any current holders.

Greed, destruction, uncaring, deliberate sacrifice of humans on a financial level. Or complete and utter desperation. Management = BeHead them.

gazprom1
20-06-2011, 02:44 PM
One would think that if $20 million is underwritten of the cap raising and NAV has a current mkt cap of $29 million that the SP is possibly good buying at 6.4 cents. Revenues from gold and expansion of exploration are surely worth more than $9 million? Mgment do deserve to be punished but IMHO it is a buy at these levels.

gazprom

gazprom1
20-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I have bought=)=)

trackers
20-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Been thinking about this a bit today... god management have stuffed up here.. BUT

Pretty cheap - ~30mil market cap with 20mil cap raising fully under-written + value of resources in situ + plant.

That being said, forward revenues are pretty crap (7-8mil for 2011/2012)?? + I can't imagine there'll be much exploration / resource upgrading going on. Interesting.