PDA

View Full Version : TTY - Territory Resources expands big time

tricha
08-01-2007, 01:07 AM
An interesting Iron ore play, exporting starts in August.

135 million shares.

Strong management base, with director Trevor Tennant ex executive director of Portman Mining(we know how good Portman is), also holds 6,500,000 shares

http://www.territoryiron.com.au/data/deposit/site.document.11546.documents/TerritoryIron_Annual06.pdf

I'm in and all comments appreciated.

Cheers [B)][}:)]

Bobco
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Website has number of shares at 100 mill.

And Chairman is Mr Macoboy, winner of Australian treasurer of the year in 2004, wow, and on the board of Croesus, thats a real plus (not).
See his resume on website quotes a key role in the resurrection of Consolidated Minerals and Portman, does not mention the absolute disaster at CRS.

Planned export of 1 million tonnes in first year, anyone know a rough price for iron ore?

Torrero
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Spot prices in a 29 sept. article were around $40 per ton, forcast for 2010 and afterwards in $20 per ton as there is going to be a lot of new supply coming onboard.
Its a little old but read this

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000086&sid=ausD6cMZLgdw&refer=latin_america

tricha
09-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Web site out of date Bobco, page 66 report 2006, states 135 million shares on issue.
I think the increase was to raise the funds to mine.

Bobco - "Chairman is Mr Macoboy, winner of Australian treasurer of the year in 2004, wow, and on the board of Croesus, thats a real plus (not)"

Was Mr Macoboy a part of setting up the hedging that caused their collapse[?][?][?] or was the boat already down the creek without a paddle [?][?][?]

You are right Torrero, the big question, how long will iron ore stay up.[?]

I feel as long as they are on schedule for August 2007, they should be in the money, with ore price alrady settled 9.5% up for 2007.

tricha
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Pinched this from Mtrieu from HotCopper, tends to make sense!

This is probably one of the reasons why CFE market cap is $87 million compared to TFE $32 million. I've just done some quick research on TFE and it looks to be a very good buy.

ADY recently signed a $65 US Million dollar contract for 940 000 tonnes of iron ore. TFE is looking to produce 1 million tonnes of iron ore in 2007 and 1.5 Mtpa in 2008. TFE market cap is $32 million. You can do the maths :)

You stated that TFE has around 15M tonnes of resources, if they continue to mine 1.5M tonnes per year, the mine will last around 9 years. Which doesnt seem to be too bad.

TFE have a 40km line of strike in Frances Creek, with most parts of the Frances Creek Tenements unexplored. Further explorations and drill results should reveal more resources. Dont forget they also have the Mt Bundy, Rum Jungle and Warrego projects, increasing the potential for more iron ore to be found.

TFE already has agreements with Chinese Steel Mill, the market is there waiting for the product. Iron Ore is in good demand at the moment and TFE is trying to take advantage of the high iron ore prices. Last annual report reveals that TFE has no debt and around $15 million in cash. They wont need to raise anymore capital for further production/exploration/drilling.

I was also told that if a company is cashed up and has good management, they tend to have no trouble finding more resources.

Anyways now that ive done some research on TFE, i think i should i buy some while they are still cheap :)
I really cant see the TFE shares priced anywhere near 34c when they go into production in March this year. I think TFE shares can easily double in value once the cashflow reports are out in October. Do you think CFE stands a chance of doubling in price this year hc18? :)

DYOR

tricha
25-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Doubled up yesterday and bought another 40,000 shares.

Sound quarterly report out today by a soundly managed little company, Resource upgrade recently.

Big volume traded today, so we could be at the beginning of the next leg up, as production not that far off.

tricha
28-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Good articule in WA News, today!

Maybe not under the radar, me think for much longer. re big volume of shares traded on Friday and movement upwards starting.

Key Points

- Has a huge advantage over other Iron Ore wantabe's.

- Low capital cost, 10 million.

- Infrastucture and railway there already.

- Stripping and digging in May.

- Exporting in August

- Two Chinese mills lined up, with memorandum of understanding,for up to 800,000 tons with one mill and 400,000 with another.

- Closest port to Asia from OZ

airedale
28-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Tricha, for what it is worth, Fat Prophets picked this one to watch some time last year.
Discl: not holding any

tricha
29-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Just out of curiosity Airedale, what was Fat Prophets target price [?][?]

Looks like TFE now in the Radar, on the move.

airedale
30-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi Tricha, I don't take the Mining newsletter, but I know that they have reported on it 9 times in the last couple of years.That is as much as I know.
Cheers, Airedale

airedale
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Tricha, good call on TFE. Good solid rise today.

tricha
12-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Not a bad announcement at all Airedale!

Not very often you get a placement way above the share price. Must show the market how much faith Crawley Resources have in them.They bought 60 million shares for 50 cents or 30 million dollars to complete their iron ore project and allow exploration to continue.
And takes them to a 30.8% holding.

And gives me a 30% gain in just over a month [:p]

tricha
28-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Territory Iron start mining in May

Territory Iron operations

Iron ore company Territory Iron has announced it is on track to commence mining in May at the Frances Creek project in the Northern Territory.

The company’s development timeline is now set with railing of iron ore to the Port of Darwin scheduled for July and the first shipment planned for the third quarter this year.

The 100% Territory-owned 1.5 mtpa Frances Creek project is located north of the regional town of Pine Creek, 190km south of Darwin, with the existing Alice Springs to Darwin rail line running within 15km of the project.

Territory Iron Chairman, Michael Kiernan said the company would significantly benefit from having rail and port infrastructure in place as this mitigated the project risk and would enable the company to focus on digging and delivering.

“With all site infrastructure virtually complete and capital costs set at $15.1m, the next six months will see Territory Iron achieve the mining producer status for the benefit of all shareholders,” Mr Kiernan said.

“The development and funding activities are all well advanced, positioning the company to shortly enter the ranks of an iron ore exporter to capitalise on the strong market in China,” he said.

“From this base our intention is to aggressively explore other iron ore deposits on our project leases, targeting both a doubling of production and reserves within twelve months of shipping our first ore to China.”

- 28 Mar 2007

tricha
24-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Old news, Iron ore company Territory Iron has announced it is on track to commence mining in May at the Frances Creek project in the Northern Territory.

New news - trucks on the way north last week TFE trucks that is [:p]

1 bagger bagged, two bagger on the way ;)

tricha
03-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Extremely close to a two bagger as bought in at 35 cents this year.

My personal target is now $2.00, lots of drilling coming up to increase exports from 1.5 million tons a year to [?][?]

The company is being renamed to Territory Resources.

An amazing little company that got under the radar and is way ahead off all the Iron Ore want to be's and the beauty of it.
It was dirt cheap to set up with most of the infrastructure in place.

airedale
03-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi Tricha, I eventually got in and I think that there are still some gains to be made. Most of their projects are very handy to transport infrastructure and the port at Darwin.[:I]

Tok3n
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I got some a while back too

In terms of other iron ore plays, what do you guys think of YML and GBG on the ASX?, think they're a alot further away from production then TFE though.

Thinking of getting TRF as while, retracting alot since its hard run awhile ago.

Tok3n
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Looks like the Chinese trying to secure iron resources

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=GBG&E=ASX&N=364105

Wonder which other mid-tier potential iron producers will be targetted next (TFE? :) ).

tricha
04-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Tok3n - TFE has already effectively beem taken over by Crawly Resources a few monthes ago. ( a bit of study wouldn't go amiss )

Territory Iron Chairman, Michael Kiernan has flagged TFE, soon to be Territory Resources and to be a mid tier mining company like CSM.
I think this is his revenge project.

“From this base our intention is to aggressively explore other iron ore deposits on our project leases, targeting both a doubling of production and reserves within twelve months of shipping our first ore to China.” The money is in place to do it and its happening)

I'd say $2.00 in a years time would be conservative for whats about to happen with this company. ( still hinges on a continuation of iron ore prices being high and no Cyclones riping the place apart again)

tricha
19-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Territory moves to producer status

(Tuesday, 19 June 2007)

RECENTLY renamed Territory Resources says it has begun first production of iron ore from its Frances Creek project in the Northern Territory, with investors driving the share price up as much as 10% on the news.

tricha
20-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Achieving producer status, how easy was that, most wanbee iron ore producers havn't even got their infrastructure in yet.
$2.00 isn't that far away now, especially if iron ore prices go up.[:p]

Territory moves into production

Territory Iron operations

Territory Resources has commenced first production of iron ore from its Frances Creek project in the Northern Territory.

Territory Resources Chairman, Michael Kiernan said the development timeline was on track with railing of iron ore to the Port of Darwin in July and the first shipment planned for the third quarter this year.

“Territory Resources has now moved to producer status – this is great news for our shareholders,” Mr Kiernan said. “Achieving producer status is a result of a fantastic team effort from the enthusiastic Territory Resources workforce.”

The 100 percent-owned 1.5mtpa Frances Creek project is located north of the regional town of Pine Creek on the Stuart Highway, 190km south of Darwin, with the existing Alice Springs to Darwin rail line running within 15km of the project.

“Territory Resources has the significant benefit of having rail and port infrastructure in place, mitigating project risk and enabling the company to simply focus on digging and delivering,” Mr Kiernan said.

“From this base, our intention is to aggressively explore other iron ore deposits on our project leases, targeting both a doubling of production and reserves within 18 months of shipping our first ore to China,” he said.

Mr Kiernan said Territory had marketing arrangements in place with Hong Kong based Noble Group for its iron ore production. Noble plays a key role as intermediary in the supply chain of iron ore into China from India, Australia and Brazil.

Territory Resources, which recently changed its name from Territory Iron, has a strategy of leveraging its iron ore projects to develop into a diversified carbon steel materials producer.

- 20 Jun 2007

tricha
25-06-2007, 09:59 PM
"I'd say $2.00 in a years time would be conservative for whats about to happen with this company."

Two dollars in a few days[:p]

Trading halt and big juicy annoucement coming and u r too late!
If u did not hold them last week [:p]

steve fleming
27-06-2007, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by tricha

"I'd say $2.00 in a years time would be conservative for whats about to happen with this company."

Two dollars in a few days[:p]

Trading halt and big juicy annoucement coming and u r too late!
If u did not hold them last week [:p]

CSM takeover Tricha??

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/ConsMin-has-no-knowledge-of-rival-bid/2007/06/27/1182623978520.html

"...Media reports have indicated that commodities trader Noble Group is preparing a bid along with Territory Resources, whose shares are now suspended after an earlier trading halt as it "finalises matters relating to a potential new project"...."

tricha
27-06-2007, 11:00 PM
No, I do not think CSM Steve, but what ever it will be, it will be speculator.

Imm, depends when they announce, if we get past this correction, $2.00 on opening, as there are not that many shares on issue.

One thing we can all agree on about Michael Kiernan, he makes things happen.

Tech Step
28-06-2007, 12:47 AM
trica. what do you think of IRL then???

Tok3n
28-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Is it CSM lol

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=CSM&E=ASX&N=366854

Huang Chung
07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
There will be an interview with Michael Kiernan on Sky News Sunday Business this weekend.

tricha
07-07-2007, 12:40 PM
U were spot on Steve, CSM to fry, looks like pay back time.

I was looking at the Manganese Prospects.

And now we have iron ore agreements with ARU.

Its just to much happening all at once, this company in fasttrack mode that's for sure.

Why the price went down has got me beat.

Tech Step
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I managed to jump on at 1.16 wooo hooo...

also hold 12500 IRL shares and 6250 IRL options.

Kiernen is a king

shasta
07-07-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by tricha

No, I do not think CSM Steve, but what ever it will be, it will be speculator.

Imm, depends when they announce, if we get past this correction, $2.00 on opening, as there are not that many shares on issue.

One thing we can all agree on about Michael Kiernan, he makes things happen.

Aren't you forgetting Uran?

Not all MK touches turns to gold...[V]

steve fleming
07-07-2007, 11:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tech Step

Kiernen is a king

Kiernan is way over-rated.

People talk about how he turned CSM from nothing into a billion dollar company,which is true...However by the time he got the boot from CSM, it had lost over half this value and was in an absolute mess.

What Kiernan does have is some very good connections with some very waelthy and powerful players on the international resources scene.

These players have funded Kiernan into the high profile/powerful positions that he occupies today....without those connections MK would be a nobody, probably back driving trucks where he begun.

tricha
08-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Probably where he belongs!

I bought into TFE on the basis of the previous management,ex Portman.

Steve - " What Kiernan does have is some very good connections with some very wealthy and powerful players on the international resources scene.}"

Steve - U hit the nail on the head again.

shasta
08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by steve fleming

quote:Originally posted by Tech Step

Kiernen is a king

Kiernan is way over-rated.

People talk about how he turned CSM from nothing into a billion dollar company,which is true...However by the time he got the boot from CSM, it had lost over half this value and was in an absolute mess.

What Kiernan does have is some very good connections with some very waelthy and powerful players on the international resources scene.

These players have funded Kiernan into the high profile/powerful positions that he occupies today....without those connections MK would be a nobody, probably back driving trucks where he begun.

The not so mightly MK, oversaw Uran slide from $1.75 to around 35c when he left after telling the shareholders at the last meeting, Uran would be between $5 - $10 on signing a deal...

Then he left...[}:)]

Huang Chung
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Interview with MK on Sky News Business Sunday:

He wants to grow Territory Resources into a $2.5m coy within 5 year.

He sees Territory as an o/c miner only, and therefore CSM's stake in Jabiru will be disposed of.

I presume that this means CSM's nickel division would be sold also.

Those so inclined should watch the interview on Sky News Business Sunday - very interesting.......not sure if I'd want to work for the guy though.....

Tok3n
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep interesting interview, the poor interviewer.

Imagine him as your boss lol.

Dazza
31-10-2007, 04:19 PM
TTY FE drilling results out, and they look very nice!!.. Also presentation and quarterly out.

Anyone else hold?

Currently they have a SPP opened at $1 floor.

but it seems like new zealand residents has missed out!!

So i gave them a call to ask if they could extend it to NzL residents.

just called them, they say alot of other kiwis are ringing up and asking about it.

Something about talking it over with computershare and hopefully they will the the kiwis get in on it as well.

come on help us kiwis out eh, call the company and ask them why New Zealand Residents aint allowed as well.

Cooper Energy - Im participating in their SPP, Previous companies that i have also participated in are L STX, RNG, IGR, ARU

SO i do not see why TTY cant do it as well!!!

Telephone: (+61 8) 9483 5100 thats the number to call!

So any aussie holders in TTY, pls help me out , and call them :D pretend your from nzl too and want to participate!

Cheers

airedale
31-10-2007, 06:32 PM
[quote=Dazza;171061]TTY FE drilling results out, and they look very nice!!.. Also presentation and quarterly out.

Anyone else hold?

Currently they have a SPP opened at $1 floor.

but it seems like new zealand residents has missed out!!

So i gave them a call to ask if they could extend it to NzL residents.

just called them, they say alot of other kiwis are ringing up and asking about it.

Something about talking it over with computershare and hopefully they will the the kiwis get in on it as well.

come on help us kiwis out eh, call the company and ask them why New Zealand Residents aint allowed as well.

Cooper Energy - Im participating in their SPP, Previous companies that i have also participated in are L STX, RNG, IGR, ARU

SO i do not see why TTY cant do it as well!!!

Telephone: (+61 8) 9483 5100 thats the number to call!

So any aussie holders in TTY, pls help me out , and call them :D pretend your from nzl too and want to participate!

Dazza, I have got a small stake in TTY. I will ring them tomorrow. Don't see why Kiwis should miss out.

Dazza
31-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Cheers airdale, much appreciated.

I have a small stake too , and want to build on it.

Just peeved off, as normally us kiwis usually are able to participate. OTherwise if i had known i woulda just brought some at 1.10 and below when the announcement came out.

Please tell her *i think i spoke to monique*, to tell Michael Kiernan, or their secretary etc, to add ANOTHER kiwi to the looong list of investors that want to participate!

Dazza
01-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Airedale, may i suggest u fire off an email to computershare as well.

their email address is : webqueries@computershare.com.au

below is the email i wrote to them, just copy and paste and rejig it .

To Whom it may concern:

I write to request that the current Share Purchase Plan being implemented by Territory Resources Limited, be expanded for eligible shareholders that has a New Zealand address.

I am dissapointed that the company and also computershare did not allow us 'kiwis' to take part in this SPP. I have holdings in many other australian resource companies such as Cooper Energy COE.AU, Range Resources Limited RNG.AU, Arafura Limited ARU.AU, Strike Resources STX.AU, in which they ALL alow New Zealand address's as well as Australian address's to be eligible for their SPP.

There are many other share holders in TTY.AU that has a New Zealand address that wish to participate in the SPP.

Please consider this, and I am sure that if other Australian listed companies are able to includ New Zealand shareholders, I do not see why TTY.AU along with Computershare does not include us 'kiwis'

Kind Regards,

tricha
25-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Yep interesting interview, the poor interviewer.

Imagine him as your boss lol.

Now he is gone, I'm back in, watch them re-rate in a couple of monthes.
Got to be the cheapest iron ore producer on the market and now they can move forward.

9:05 amResignation of Chairman and new Board appointments (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=411358)

Huang Chung
25-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Andrew Simpson's a good man I hear. He's also a director of Vital Metals and Swick Mining Services.

My only note of caution is is that Andrew is a marketing man, and so is the new Board appointee Richard Elman. I not sure what the composition of the rest of the Board is, but it might be worth checking.

Interesting to note that MK's departure was welcomed with a 14% rise in the TTY share price, on a generally down day. :eek:

airedale
25-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I am heartened by the fact that Richard Elman is from the Noble Group.I did all right with Austral Coal after Noble got involved.

shasta
25-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Andrew Simpson's a good man I hear. He's also a director of Vital Metals and Swick Mining Services.

My only note of caution is is that Andrew is a marketing man, and so is the new Board appointee Richard Elman. I not sure what the composition of the rest of the Board is, but it might be worth checking.

If Michael "the snake" Kiernan has gone thats a technical BUY signal :D

tricha
25-06-2008, 07:38 PM
If Michael "the snake" Kiernan has gone thats a technical BUY signal :D

Thats the very reason I got out, he has put paid to what should be a $2.00 share by now. What goes around has finally come around.
I just hope he has not left to many skeltons in the closet. :confused:

Not an oiler, but, huge potential as they are one of only a few iron ore producers and are ramping up as we speak.

I wonder if Noble Group will give a discount for one of their ships.

tricha
26-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Thats the very reason I got out, he has put paid to what should be a $2.00 share by now. What goes around has finally come around.
I just hope he has not left to many skeltons in the closet. :confused:

Not an oiler, but, huge potential as they are one of only a few iron ore producers and are ramping up as we speak.

I wonder if Noble Group will give a discount for one of their ships.

TTY8:13AMTrading Halt (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/showAnnouncementPDF.do?idsID=00854391)
, to disclosure skeltons in the closet or Noble is going to take them out ????

Huang Chung
26-06-2008, 07:32 PM
TTY8:13AMTrading Halt (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/showAnnouncementPDF.do?idsID=00854391)

ha,ha T. :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see more focus on Francis Ck, and less of emphasis in acquiring stakes in other players (with maybe the odd exception :))

Huang Chung
30-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Looks like MK and the rest of the TTY board had a bit of a disagreement.

http://www.plugger.com.au/view/2148846/

TTY review, as predicted, is returning the emphasis back to Francis Ck.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=411842

The MON situation looks a bit messy for TTY to say the least.

Archer
30-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Looks like MK and the rest of the TTY board had a bit of a disagreement.

http://www.plugger.com.au/view/2148846/

TTY review, as predicted, is returning the emphasis back to Francis Ck.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=411842

The MON situation looks a bit messy for TTY to say the least.

Thankfully - he's been ousted - enough is enough - TTY can now get back on with core business. May have to accept that the MON money will never come back but TTY can be a good company again now. A

tricha
30-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Thankfully - he's been ousted - enough is enough - TTY can now get back on with core business. May have to accept that the MON money will never come back but TTY can be a good company again now. A

Exactly, TTY with good management ??? would be the cheapest iron ore play in the market at the moment.

Monarch can crash and burn, the effect on TTY will should be short term, as long as MK does not have to many skeltons in the closet ;)

So heres the formula

1 - good management

2 - Not to many skeltons in the closet

1 + 2 = a 5 bagger :D

Dam MK as TTY would be worth at least $2.00 a share by now without his interference.

macduffy
01-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Exactly, TTY with good management ??? would be the cheapest iron ore play in the market at the moment.

Monarch can crash and burn, the effect on TTY will should be short term, as long as MK does not have to many skeltons in the closet ;)

So heres the formula

1 - good management

2 - Not to many skeltons in the closet

1 + 2 = a 5 bagger :D

Dam MK as TTY would be worth at least $2.00 a share by now without his interference.

Agree with that, tricha.
I've been watching TTY for some time - a producing iron ore miner, admittedly fairly modest scale but with good rail and port infrastructure and strong partner in Nobles.
A lot of negative press about MK and the adventures into other companies kept me out. TTY have a lot "invested" in MON - I think I read $18m? - so I'll wait a bit longer to see how the dust clears.
In the right conditions, TTY could be a good earner.

:cool:

tricha
04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Agree with that, tricha.
I've been watching TTY for some time - a producing iron ore miner, admittedly fairly modest scale but with good rail and port infrastructure and strong partner in Nobles.
A lot of negative press about MK and the adventures into other companies kept me out. TTY have a lot "invested" in MON - I think I read $18m? - so I'll wait a bit longer to see how the dust clears.
In the right conditions, TTY could be a good earner.

:cool:

Oh yes Macduffy, a cash cow once all MK bull is cleared.

And a good time to get in for you Huang, once the dust settles, will fly;)
Remember we are in a bear market, cash cows will be King, not late comers seeking cash :rolleyes:

BHP almost doubles Chinese prices

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44804000/jpg/_44804338_steelfurn_getty.jpg BHP and Baosteel held lengthy talks before agreeing the deal

Mining giant BHP Billiton has reached a deal with China's largest steelmaker to almost double iron ore prices.
Under the agreement, covering contracts for one year from 1 April 2008, BHP will increase its prices by up to 96.5% for deliveries to state-owned Baosteel.
The news comes days after BHP's rival Rio Tinto secured similar price rises with Chinese and other Asian firms.
Deals by the two groups are closely watched as they determine what smaller firms can expect to charge each year. After announcing the deal at the Australian stock exchange, Anglo-Australian firm BHP added that it hoped to secure further agreements with other customers in China and Asia. Soaring demand from China and rising commodity prices have led to strong profits for mining firms, who are in turn pumping more money into boosting output.

tricha
21-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Once the dust settles, Territory should fly on the basis of other iron ore producers. I hope there are not to many MK skeltons in the closet :rolleyes:

Mt Gibson Iron doubles profit as output, prices gain

http://www.mining-journal.com/cms/data/breaking_news/19/4851/Mt-Gibson-Iron-Ltd.jpg
Mt Gibson Iron doubles profit
Mt Gibson Iron Ltd, an Australian iron-ore producer, said full-year profit doubled to a record because of higher output and increased prices.
Unaudited net profit was A$113.3 million (US$111 million) for the 12 months to June 30, the Perth-based company said today in a statement to the Australian stock exchange.
Prices for steelmaking raw materials such as iron ore have leapt to records this year on rising demand for steel to fuel building booms in emerging economies such as China. Iron ore has gained almost fourfold since 2001.
Mt Gibson`s output rose to a record in the three months to June 30, it said. Production from the Tallering Peak mine in Western Australia increased 44% to 981,000t and output from the Koolan Island mine, also in Western Australia increased more than threefold to 945,000t.
Mt Gibson fell A$0.07, or 2.9%, to A$2.34 at the 4:10pm Sydney time close on the exchange before the earnings statement was issued. The stock has declined 17% this year compared with the 21% fall in the benchmark index.
(Bloomberg, July 21)

shasta
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Once the dust settles, Territory should fly on the basis of other iron ore producers. I hope there are not to many MK skeltons in the closet :rolleyes:

Mt Gibson Iron doubles profit as output, prices gain

http://www.mining-journal.com/cms/data/breaking_news/19/4851/Mt-Gibson-Iron-Ltd.jpg
Mt Gibson Iron doubles profit
Mt Gibson Iron Ltd, an Australian iron-ore producer, said full-year profit doubled to a record because of higher output and increased prices.
Unaudited net profit was A$113.3 million (US$111 million) for the 12 months to June 30, the Perth-based company said today in a statement to the Australian stock exchange.
Prices for steelmaking raw materials such as iron ore have leapt to records this year on rising demand for steel to fuel building booms in emerging economies such as China. Iron ore has gained almost fourfold since 2001.
Mt Gibson`s output rose to a record in the three months to June 30, it said. Production from the Tallering Peak mine in Western Australia increased 44% to 981,000t and output from the Koolan Island mine, also in Western Australia increased more than threefold to 945,000t.
Mt Gibson fell A$0.07, or 2.9%, to A$2.34 at the 4:10pm Sydney time close on the exchange before the earnings statement was issued. The stock has declined 17% this year compared with the 21% fall in the benchmark index.
(Bloomberg, July 21)

A must read article for all companies associated with Michael Kiernan

Monarch goes, but Kiernan link stays

Advertisement
Email (http://business.smh.com.au/action/emailToFriend?id=226935)
Print (http://business.smh.com.au/business/monarch-goes-but-kiernan-link-stays-20081006-4v3r.html#)
Normal font (http://business.smh.com.au/business/monarch-goes-but-kiernan-link-stays-20081006-4v3r.html#)
Large font (http://business.smh.com.au/business/monarch-goes-but-kiernan-link-stays-20081006-4v3r.html#)

FIRST it was Territory Resources and India Resources - both formerly linked to the Perth resources identity Michael Kiernan - that were propping up ailing miner Monarch Gold.

Now Monarch is in administration, the former Kiernan miners have had their investment losses covered by loans from another of his business associates.

An examination of financial accounts shows the Hong Kong-listed commodities trader Noble Group - Mr Kiernan's partner in an unlisted investment vehicle, Crawley Resources - has loaned more than $45 million to Territory and India since February. Territory and India last week took $47 million impairment charges on funds invested in Monarch and other companies linked to Mr Kiernan.

Territory reported advances of more than $44 million from Noble between February and May, and still owed the commodities trader $27 million as of June 30. Territory's loans from Noble roughly equal the $43.8 million in impairments it declared following the failed investment strategy under Mr Kiernan's guidance. Including funds from the advances, Territory had a cash balance of only $1.9 million as of June 30, although its Frances Creek iron ore mine in the Northern Territory is now operating profitably.

Territory needs more than $20 million in new funding to expand its iron ore mine. It is trying to get finance on commercial terms, but Noble has offered funding if the terms are not deemed acceptable to Territory. Noble markets all of Territory's iron ore.

India, which has yet to report positive cashflows from its Surda copper mine, had $1.3 million cash as of June 30 after reporting $3.25 million of impairments. On September 5 India secured a $1.5 million working capital facility from Noble and had drawn down $500,000 as of last week.

Crawley has a stake in Territory and India. Noble's chief executive, Richard Elman, is a director of Territory and Crawley. Andrew Simpson, chairman of Territory and India, had been a director of Crawley with Mr Kiernan and Mr Elman, but quit in June after Monarch entered administration.

Mr Kiernan is attempting to re-enter the mining sector via the Sydney investment company Alexanders Securities, which could include buying some assets from Monarch's administrators.

Alexanders' shareholders will vote on a proposal next week under which Mr Kiernan and his son would buy a controlling stake of cut-price shares and options and then change the company's focus to mining.

tricha
13-06-2009, 10:16 PM
:confused: Will this dog be taken over, due to the BHP\RIO deal.

China iron ore sanction threat played down

13th June 2009, 12:00 WST

Resources Minister Martin Ferguson has played down a Chinese threat of sanctions against BHP and Rio Tinto over its disappointment at the rejection of Chinalco’s bid to lift its stake in Rio.

On Wednesday, a Chinese Commerce Ministry official said BHP and Rio’s proposed joint venture needed permission from competition regulators and could be vetoed under antitrust law if it affected domestic market competition. The deal was struck after Rio abandoned plans for Chinalco to take a stake of up to 19 per cent in the mining giant.

“China has got to understand that the arrangement between BHP and Rio is a commercial outcome,” Mr Ferguson said.

WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry director John Nicolaou said: “In terms of sanctions it seems a very extreme position on what is a market decision by companies to generate synergies and benefits. China will do that at its peril, because these operations in the Pilbara are the most efficient in the world and their alternative sources of supply are limited.”
PETER WILLIAMS CANBERRA

shasta
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM

TTY - Presentation to Diggers & Dealers Conference

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=500519

Time to relook at this Iron ore play - market cap ~$70m

Average IO price received was $US110/t, cash operating costs @ $US58.12/t

Supportive large shareholder - Noble Group (~26%)

tricha
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
TTY - Presentation to Diggers & Dealers Conference

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=500519

Time to relook at this Iron ore play - market cap ~$70m

Average IO price received was $US110/t, cash operating costs @ $US58.12/t

Supportive large shareholder - Noble Group (~26%)

If China carrys on booming Shasta, so will TTY, I'm glad to still be on board.

2ndFrances Creek Mine Life Extended with a 50% Boost in Reserve (http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=500208)
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=500208

airedale
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
TTY up 4 cents on volume of 4.5 million.

tricha
22-09-2010, 08:59 PM
End of the quarter coming and will be interesting to see TTY's debt reduction. China still on track. And I am still on board.

If these 2 reports add up and TTY are making $50 a ton profit assuming iron ore still $110a ton, on a production rate of 2,000,000 ton a year, will we see 25 million profit for this quarter ????

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=TTY&E=ASX&N=496218

Territory Reports 30% Increase in Iron Ore Shipments

Shipments Exceed 2Mt for FY2010 Providing a Strong Platform for Growth
Territory Resources Limited

In new territory
Article | August 31, 2010
http://www.bus-ex.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/Territory%20Resources.JPG

Andy Haslam, managing director of iron ore producer Territory Resources, is delighted to be mirroring the growth of Asia’s resurgent economies. Jayne Flannery reports.

Asia’s industrial growth is driven by an insatiable demand for steel. In turn, steel production is dependent upon iron ore, a bulk commodity that Territory Resources is uniquely well placed to supply. Production began at the company´s flagship mine at Frances Creek in 2007; and by the end of 2009, Territory had completed 40 shipments to China, totaling over three million tonnes of high grade lump and fines product.
The company occupies a prime position among Australia’s junior producers with a life-of-mine marketing agreement in place with its main shareholder, the Hong Kong-based supply chain management company, Noble Group. This is supported by ready access to world-class infrastructure in the Adelaide-to-Darwin rail line and Darwin Port.
“We have witnessed a remarkable turnaround over the last year,” states managing director Andy Haslam, who adds that just a year ago, the company faced a full blown crisis. “From a $71 million loss in the previous year we have gone to a $41 million profit. As at 30 June 2010, our debt has been reduced to $34 million from over $90 million and we project that we will be debt-free by the end of the financial year, assuming prices for our ore remain at current levels.”
This year, Territory is riding the crest of a wave. From a low point of just $47 per tonne in May 2009, prices have recovered to a heady average of $110 per tonne over the last quarter. Meanwhile, production costs have been slashed to just $58 per tonne, owing to a drive to increase productivity which has seen annualised output increase by 30 per cent to two million tonnes per annum without the use of any additional resources.
“The global financial meltdown compelled us to take a long, hard look at the business. At the height of the GFC, the water was lapping at the edge of the boat, but we remained optimistic and positioned ourselves so that we could take advantage of an upturn and that is precisely what has taken place,” he says.
Most important of all was a shift in the corporate mindset to highlight the importance of the company’s human assets over its capital assets. “Improving our internal communications has had a remarkably powerful impact on the performance of the business,” he continues. “I personally brief every one of our staff on the past month’s performance and our next set of targets. Everyone understands exactly their role and the contribution expected of them. Everyone knows that they are accountable.”
The company also initiated a comprehensive ‘pit to port’ review approximately one year ago. This re-evaluated the efficiency of every aspect of the operation from drilling to final transportation and included detailed analysis of pit optimisation plans, mining techniques, transport and off-site overheads.
“We made some of the biggest gains by taking simple steps such as paying attention to timekeeping, ensuring that trucks are loaded to the maximum and checking that drill holes are made to the precise depth we require. We are also very pleased with the improvements we have witnessed through the introduction of a new ore crushing contractor, Barminco, who we brought in in March 2010. Their job is to manage the crushing operation and they have managed to consistently produce the volumes we require,” he comments.
The price upturn has meant that all the pits at Frances Creek, which contains a vein style mineral system similar to gold, have been re-optimised. In June 2010, estimates of the probable ore reserves were increased to 5.69 million tonnes andTerritory has put in place a three-pronged programme to further extend the mine’s life. A budget of $4.67 millionhas been approved for the 2011 financial year to explore for and develop iron ore resources both in the near-mine environment and within a 35 kilometre radius of Frances Creek.
At present, the mine’s life is projected to last until at least 2014, but Haslam believes there are still further reserves to unlock. “All our experience tells us we are going to be there for a long time yet and we believe there is still additional mine life in the area,” he says.
As a long-term objective, the company is eager to identify and develop other iron ore deposits, but to date it has not identified any opportunity that compares favourably to Frances Creek. “We have spent a lot of time looking and we remain interested in growing through other acquisitions; but the search has made us appreciate the advantages of our wonderful position in relation to the strength of the local infrastructure. Darwin Harbour is the closest port to China from Australia with just seven days’ steamer time, which means we have a cost advantage over south Australian producers,” he explains.
“Many potential projects are simply not feasible when you really look hard at the costs and in particular the difficulties associated with transportation and associated infrastructure. So far nothing excites us enough to go forward, but we are very optimistic that the right opportunity will turn up.”
Meanwhile, Haslam still finds every day a new and exciting challenge. “I love running a small, responsive company where it is possible to see very rapid changes. Last year we were on the brink of a serious crisis, but now we face an entirely different future. Currency and commodity markets are always in flux, but we are now seeing much more stable trading conditions and I believe that the dramatic price falls of 2009 were an aberration that we will not quickly see repeated.
“The numbers are now stacking up in the right direction,” he adds. “But even if there is another storm ahead, the cuts we have achieved to our production costs have made us extremely competitive. That factor and the special advantages of our geographical location mean we are always going to be in the right part of the cost spectrum.” www.territoryresources.com (http://www.territoryresources.com/)

tricha
25-10-2010, 02:05 PM
What have we got here, a company on a P\E of about 2

Earning's of 15 cents a share last year and since the end of year finanicals and when this report was written, they have blown away another 12.5 million dollars of debt, US debt I believe, which makes it a win\win situation. If you held US$ it would be a lose\lose one.

To add to this, they recently anounced more high grade intercepts, which will bode well for the future.

I can see a re-rating coming up in a few days when the quarterly is announced.

Part of the annual report.

This resulted in a massive turnaround in our financial performance to the tune of $112.7 million
from last year’s $71.4 million net loss, with a net profit after tax of $41.3 million achieved for the
year (equating to earnings per share of 15.6 cents).
I am pleased to say that these outstanding operational and financial achievements have been
complemented by a sustained improvement in our safety performance at Frances Creek. We have
worked hard to instil a positive safety culture through our operations with this cultural change
process focusing particularly on communication with our staff and contractors.
The substantial cash generation of the Frances Creek operation supported our debt repayment
program, with most of our surplus cash being allocated towards reducing our consolidated debt
facility with Noble Resources Limited, which by year-end had been reduced to USD$32.5 million,
and further to USD$21.0 million at the time of writing this report.
If current conditions continue, we are on track to eliminate the balance of this debt facility in the
course of the current financial year, putting the Company on a very sound footing for the future.

yogi-in-oz
07-11-2010, 11:45 PM
:)

Hi folks,

TTY ..... price up and volume up last week, with some more positive
news/moves, expected around Tuesday/Wednesday of this week ..... :)

have a great week

paul

=====

tricha
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Hi folks,

have a great week

paul

=====

Hi Paul

Great to see you are still about, do you hold this one?

Iron ore, where do we get a handle on the spot price ?, this will decide if I hold them or fold them.

tricha
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM

Hi folks,

have a great week

paul

=====

WELL Paul we did not get any news, but we certainly got the move. Anyone know where to find spot prices for ironore ????

TTYTerritory Resources Limited FPOhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/australia.gifhttp://www.stocknessmonster.com/chart/stockness/intra/delayed/ASX/TTY
Buy 60T
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/arrow_up.gifLast
http://www.stocknessmonster.com/images/green_round_small.gif 3 8.8%
4:44 pm
High 38.5
Open 34.5
Volume 5,071,696

Sell 320.1T
Low 34
Prev. Close 34
Turnover

tricha
12-11-2010, 06:49 AM
This is so cheap a takeover is a strong possibility. The Chinese are hunting.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/chinese-chasing-iron-ore-juniors-in-the-pilbara/story-e6frg8zx-1225952319808

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/11/11/1225952/294902-iron-ore.jpg
Chinese company bids for Australian iron ore junior Source: The Australian
A CHINESE company is making a bold $1.2 billion pitch to become a key player in Australia's burgeoning iron ore industry.

It is trying to consolidate the Pilbara's junior sector through hostile bids for Brockman Resources and FerrAus

macduffy
12-11-2010, 08:25 AM
A CHINESE company is making a bold $1.2 billion pitch to become a key player in Australia's burgeoning iron ore industry.

It is trying to consolidate the Pilbara's junior sector through hostile bids for Brockman Resources and FerrAus

Yes, it could be, tricha.

But TTY's operations are in the northern part of the Northern Territory, a long way from the Pilbara.

I agree though that TTY warrants serious research on it's own merits, with or without any takeover considerations.

yogi-in-oz
12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
WELL Paul we did not get any news, but we certainly got the move. Anyone know where to find spot prices for ironore ????

Hi Tricha,

Sorry, can't help with quotes on iron ore spot prices ..... maybe a google search may help ... :)

Not sure what is driving TTY, however the move certainly came, as expected ... but,
there's only two minor and positive time cycles in December2010 ... one on 24122010
and the other on 31122010.

After that, there's another postive cycle, expected on 07012011, but it may be weakened
significantly, by some negative cycles due, soon after ..... so we will be looking for TTY highs,
in the first week of January 2011.

have a great day

paul

=====

ronthepom
26-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi Paul

Great to see you are still about, do you hold this one?

Iron ore, where do we get a handle on the spot price ?, this will decide if I hold them or fold them.

Hi Tricha,

do you you still hold these? interesting announcement eh?

takeover for 46c lovely--i picked these for my picks in 2011 competition.

tricha
26-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Tricha,

do you you still hold these? interesting announcement eh?

takeover for 46c lovely--i picked these for my picks in 2011 competition.

No Ron I sold and kept 10 to get the share issue, unfortunately it did not happen.

Other reasons were a very poor quarter and unstable world markets. This will certainly give u a big leg up in the comp and a new pick.
Heres one u might like to do some homework on, my next multi bagger hopeful, a dog of old, but restructered completely.
NGF