PDA

View Full Version : BLR black range mineral

donnie
25-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Heres another small uranium company to keep an eye on. looks like more upgrades to come in the future.

TAYLOR RANCH URANIUM PROJECT
UPDATE

The Company has previously announced that the Taylor Ranch
Uranium Project, in Colorado, USA hosts the high-grade
Northwest Taylor Uranium Deposit (area delineated in white on
Figure 1 containing an exploration target of 2-3million pounds
at approximately 0.2% U3O8) and that uranium mineralisation
had been intersected previously at more than eight other prospects
within the project area.
Historic data compiled to date now indicates that at least 550 holes
have been drilled previously at the project. Drilling confirms that
the Northwest Taylor Uranium Deposit comprises one part of an
extensively mineralised system that extends for more than 5
kilometres of strike (refer Figure 1).
Previous explorers have outlined the extent of the mineralised
system by generating “grade x thickness” contours (grade as a
percentage times thickness in feet or “GT”) based on results from
previous drilling (refer Figure 1). Using a 0.25 GT cut-off, the
historic data assessed to date indicates that the Taylor Ranch
Uranium Project hosts an initial exploration target estimate of
10-15 million pounds of U3O8.
The exploration target estimates are presented here as conceptual
targets that may result from the completion of successful exploration
and confirmation of previous work. They should not be understood as
indicating the existence of reserves or resources in the sense implied
by the JORC Code as it is uncertain if further exploration will result
in the determination of a Mineral Resource. However they are
presented because Black Range Minerals wants to inform
shareholders of the basis for its assessment of the exploration
potential of the Taylor Ranch Project, based on the data currently
available to the Company.
The Company will commence an extensive drilling programme at
the Taylor Ranch Uranium Project in early March to confirm
historic results and expects to progressively announce a JORCcompliant
resource for the project. In this regard, particular efforts
will be made to assess the four zones within the project area,
which are outside of the historic grade-thickness contours, and
hence not included in the updated exploration target noted above,
but for which close-spaced drilling has been undertaken previously
(refer Figure 1).
The Company intends progressively updating the resource to
JORC-compliant standards as the drilling programme progresses.

pago
25-01-2007, 05:32 PM
hi donnie,been watching this for3 weeks,good to see you started a thread,another ur spec but in the usa and worth a look.any ideas on management?.the share price ran away from my bid and for now in not chasing it up,cheers pago.

Paddie
25-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Been watching since around 8c due to all the hype on HC.

Haven't had a good look, but volumes have been huge of late

Paddie

donnie
30-01-2007, 11:42 AM
BLR just announce their quarterly report, looks like drilling starts in march on the taylor ranch project.:D

URANIUM

The Company acquired a 100% interest in the high-grade
Taylor Ranch Uranium Project in Colorado, USA.
Based on historic data, including >550 drill holes, the
company has an initial exploration target estimate for the
Taylor Ranch Uranium Project of 10-15 million pounds of
U3O8.
Furthermore the Company is actively seeking historic data
from 4 other areas within its Taylor Ranch Project, where
considerable close-spaced drilling has been undertaken
previously, but where to date no results have been located.
Drilling at the Taylor Ranch Uranium Project is expected to
commence during March 2007 and JORC-compliant
resource figures will follow progressively thereafter.
The Company completed its inaugural drilling programme
at its Eagle Uranium Project in Wyoming.
Calculation of a JORC-compliant resource for the Eagle
Project is in progress.
Negotiations to acquire several additional advanced uranium
projects continue.

BASE METALS
Compilation of historic data from the high-grade Ferris-
Haggerty Copper Deposit in Wyoming, USA is progressing
well.
Ore grades during historic production averaged 20% copper.
Remaining unmined ore is estimated to comprise at least
1Mt at 5-6% copper and 3-4g/t gold.
No exploration drilling has ever been undertaken.
Considerable potential remains to delineate further highgrade
mineralisation.
Exceptional near-term production opportunity.
The airborne EM survey over the entire Koonenberry Base
Metal Project in NSW, to fast-track exploration there, is
now scheduled for February 2007.

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/51ab855335831eddd0937bdfd5dc9b41/ASX-BLR-349673.pdf

donnie
31-01-2007, 03:21 PM
hi pago & paddie

It's good to see BLR on the move again up to 15c.

Theres very good volumes going through at the moment as you say paddie lets hope it continues.

Their management seem alright at the moment, but we'll have to see how they go in the future.

Currently they have some projects lined up to be announced within the next year also, which should add value to the share price.

i'd be very dissapointed if the share price didn't hit 27c in the next 3 month, thats my aim to get out.lets hope i succeed:D[:0].

donnie
02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
BLR looks like its going to crash through 20c next week, Its been a good run this week. hope you guys got in.

currently 18c

Paddie
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi Donnie,

No, I didn't get on, and the rise in share price has been very impressive to say the least, closing at 19.5c today.

Good luck

Paddie[:p][:p]

donnie
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
as predicted broke through 20c without a sweat, it's up to 23c at the moment. looks like those traders have gone which is going to be even better for the price.

__________________________________________________ _______________

The share price finally hit 27c,:D the price is going abit crazy today[8D][:I]. i wonder if the asx issues an explain notice in the near future.:D

shasta
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Currently $0.25 up 28% on 71m turnover, surely a please explain notice is due for this speeding ticket!

SCHUMACHER
11-03-2007, 09:44 AM
My take on BLR..
The key to whether BLR become a producer is the Management.
They are quoted as saying they only purchase projects that can be brought to production in the near term within 2-5 years.

If they can get a JORC compliant resource by end of 2007 year as stated and get PFS and BFS underway then we are in good company. Also what is very interesting is the close proximity to one of the 4 licenced Processing facilities in the US hey are in discussions with that facility

Defining the Jorc resource is the next step.

Taylor ranch could turn out to be a winner but the development strategy is paramount:
1) JORC compliant resource for Taylor
2) Extensive drilling over total U tenement to confirm and increase U resource estimates
3) Testing extensions of all deposits
4) Utilizing uranium mill in Canon city via discussions
5) Providing JORC compliance resources throughout 2007
6) Pre feasibility study inside of 12 months

these are the goals at this stage so the flow of news to the market must be progressive with a common goal of getting to production in the fastest possible timeframe as the global resource supply /demand ratios for U308 are 100 million lb (supply) verses 200 million ld (demand and increasing) I dont believe supply will catch up with demand for at least a decade as it takes at least 5 years from discovery to production depending on various factors.

BLR have advanced uranium projects...this is the best way to go IMHO

CHEERS

steve fleming
11-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi Schu,

Given BLR is now capped at $120m odd, without any JORC at this stage (though management has already relaesed estimates) what sort of price targets do you give her?

The PFS is going to be started within the next 12 months? (not finished?...is that right?...would be another 6-12 months to complete?

The other thing with BLR, who are they picking up all this ground from, and for what price?...if this ground has already been pre-drilled as much as they say it has, wouldn;t you expect BLR to be paying through the roof for it??

Cheers

SCHUMACHER
03-04-2007, 12:47 PM
BLR on the charge today....2 announcements out today and share at 20.5c intraday high of 21c

1 million employee options at an excercise price of 25c/share...

Commenced drilling at Taylor Ranch TO CONFIRM 15-20 MILLION u308 resource......drilling campaign is 15,000 metres and thay have stated that they will make progress reports on each stage of drilling programme...fair enough I say(keep us investors informed)

Eagle ranch to confirm resource by end of April....excellent
cheers schu

steve fleming
30-04-2007, 11:30 PM
well, i've looked over a few quarterly's released over the past few days, but BLR's would have to rate as one of the best IMO:

-Very high grade uranium intersected at the
Northwest Taylor Deposit including 0.2m at 2.13% - real AGS type grades

-Inaugural JORC-compliant resource for the Eagle Uranium
Project, Wyoming finalised – containing 4.7million pounds
of U3O8,

By the end of this year BLR should have 5 (five) JORC'ed near term production projects:

3 Uranium (Taylors, Eagle & Cyclone Rim)
2 Copper (Ferris-Haggerty & Koonenberry)

Lots of good news to come.....

SCHUMACHER
01-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Hello steve....looking very good indeed..once they complete drilling and firm up historical data ..this could fly...buyers building today pre market..very good announcement last night
cheers Schu

SCHUMACHER
01-05-2007, 10:33 AM
INFO UPDATEfrom pennypincher H/C

TAYLOR RANCH / Cyclone and Eagle (URANIUM)
A. Awesome results from only 4 holes drill in NWTR.
If you dont think there will be more of these resource amounts to come, you'd have to be crazy. Even if they got results for the average, that would be stellar for BLR. The second drill rig is a good indicate of director confidence with NWTR. One thing that wouldnt surprise me with this confidence, is the bet that they are already in negotiation to use not one, but both uranium mills, and I wouldnt be surprised if this has something to do with the second drill rig coming in...JORC timimg and mill availabilty contracts ??. Now using two drill rigs....and the past plan was to drill at least 15000 meters over 3 months.....I wonder if the exact drill programme has changed ?...will they drill 30000 meters in that 3 months...or say 20000 meters in half the time....interesting contemplation :)

B. The target estimate for NWTR remains incresed to 15-20 million pounds. It has not been increased with the additional acreage south of NWTR.

C. We still await historical data for Zone 1 to be added to the resource target. 296 outstanding historical results....i bet they are trying to get these as well.

D. Shallow deposits...In the USA...a 5 kilometer strike corridor at this stage.

E. It has only taken 3 weeks to drill, get results, and publish those results...Note they are willing to publish as they go....even only a small number of drills....good for announcment eager punters....= regular updates.

F. They have named the deposit west of NWTR....the Noah Deposit....I had not previously seen this.....stand-by to add some more Uranium to BLR's 'total' resource estimate.

CYCLONE and EAGLE
G. Almost 75% increase to target resource...great in anyone book.

H. Confident...with further drilling to take place.

I. JORC in about June for Cyclone.

J. With almost 8 million pounds at the moment, and further drilling being scheduled, I can see Eagle and Cyclone coming up trumps with about 12-15 million pounds at completion.

K. A great partner in Uranerz.

FERRIS-HAGGERTY.
L. Anticipate this will be big. Was expecting some access problems as the mine had been abandoned for some nearly 100 years. The local authorities had maintained the enterance to a safe standard, not mining suitable standard. I was very pleased to see thay have changed their tact on how to check for the size of the mineralization. Once this is known, then better (informed) decisions can be made, without excess expenditure. Great stuff management!

M. June / July start for drilling, not far away really :)....with all the other stuff we are all anticipating, and progressive results...who will notice the wait.

KOONENBERRY
N. Should be another asset when they can shore up the resource. Some things are just beyound the control of the company.

O. Now scheduled for start of 1st week in may....bugger, thats this week...ohh. The start is all we want for now :)

P. Even with the wait....the EM survey will still be way ahead of actually going out and drilling 75 kilometers of potential....to find the best spots.....So whats the hassle :)

NEW PROJECTS.
Q. Was hapy to see this. From memory it wasn't in the last update. I had thought they were happy with what they had for now....obviously very happy to be wrong.
Go hard BLR, shppoing is retail therapy :)....add to those already, individual, company makers you already have....greedy buggers :), Go Go GO BLR.

MONEY.
R. Still 3.3 million $$ in the bank. I guess we have to thank all the early option converters. Thank you. It all helps.

S. I'd expect an insentive for early conversion to come in about October, with any other placement. One will be needed, just the 'how will they do it' and at what price. At this stage, I see no problem for holders, options or heads.

T. Options represent great value Vs thier expiration date....heck, the heads represent great value with where BLR is heading.

U. The per present per pound price of Uranium ?, expedited mining (near

Underlord
15-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Hi Guys

Well gone into Trading Halt last nite...I wonder ..capital raising, aquasition (or both) drill results maybe ....take your pick.
Will know by opening on Thursday.
Currently have 3.28 mill and outgoing of around 0.48mill Quartaly ...so more than likly cap raising for aquasition and more drilling (especially now that they have 2 drill rigs going)....thats my guess. All will be revealed by Thursday

With a little luck and a strong hind wind BLR may do a WMT:):)Here's hopeing;)

Good luck to all holders

Disc..I hold

UL

SCHUMACHER
15-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Yep definately one to watch.....50/50 ....more likely to be a combination of private placement to professional investors and an update on Taylor Ranch /Eagle U deposit results.....previously they announced some excellent PPM grades from a few sample drill holes so perhaps more to come.....
there were a couple of big parcels sold last night but i suspect they were traders that knew it was going into a trading halt and had to close out their positions as opposed to the other scenario.
Cheers Schu

Holding since 7c

SCHUMACHER
15-05-2007, 09:20 AM
BLR have some highly advanced U projects and Taylor Ranch could be worth big boodle(money)

Steve Flemming, we need to get from a JORC compliant resource to a measured/indicated to show the market that the yellocake is there in abundance, then we can justify the current market cap ...regulatory approvals wont be a problem being in the USA. price targets IMHO are purely mased on Market perception but dont be surprised if the drill results are exceptional we could see BLR do an AGS and head north very quickly....BLR have advanced projects unlike alot of junior U spec companies which need to at least start a heavy drill programme.
The U companies that can get a proven resource and sprint towards production will capitalise on current U spot prices....(how many companies can you say that meet that criteria?) AGS DYL(Namibia, with the help of PDN) , BLR WMT, URA???

Taylor ranch could turn out to be a winner but the development strategy is paramount:
1) JORC compliant resource for Taylor
2) Extensive drilling over total U tenement to confirm and increase U resource estimates
3) Testing extensions of all deposits
4) Utilizing uranium mill in Canon city via discussions
5) Providing JORC compliance resources throughout 2007
6) Pre feasibility study inside of 12 months

CHEERS SCHU

Underlord
15-05-2007, 09:39 AM
mmmmm

Maybe the volume at end of trade was more accumilation than dumping During the afternoon there where about 1.7 million unit buy orders at 25c then someone brought 600000 around 4:00pm. If it was a selldown why only small sales after trade end, would have gone down alot further IMO

BLR have lots of positives going for them at the moment so I just hope some of them are in the next announcement and not just the we need more money syndrome:( they only done that last September.

What about a Duel listing could we throw that in the pot as well;):)

UL

SCHUMACHER
15-05-2007, 10:04 AM
UL....agree, could be accumulation as I also saw the final bid go thru after market...i cant imagine a negative announcement ..more likely be a progress report on results to date. Capital raising will definately be needed but is more likely to come later on, however I do believe that more cash in the bank will help.
Perhaps professional investors may be getting keen
Time will tell...cheeers sCHU

SCHUMACHER
15-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Uranium hopefuls must act to maximise prices
14th May 2007, 9:00 WST

The race is on for uranium companies such as Deep Yellow and Marathon Resources to develop their projects within the next three years to cash in on the booming uranium market, according to a Far East Capital report to be released today.

After comparing the potential profitability of emerging yellowcake producers based on standard industry economics, Far East Capital uranium analyst Warwick Grigor said there was fundamental value in emerging producers but companies needed to fast-track projects if they were to maximise the peak of the price cycle.

The spot price for the radioactive ore has climbed nearly 180 per cent in the past 12 months to a record closing price of $US120 a pound last week, while Nymex December uranium futures are trading at $US153.90/lb.

“Overwhelmingly the conclusion is that the economics are real and companies should be pushing ahead full steam to develop their projects,” Mr Grigor said.

“The biggest winners on our table and in the stockmarket are those lowgrade companies that we had been dismissive of two years ago. Since then the uranium price has quadrupled, catapulting these companies into enviable positions.”

He estimates that if all 19 Australian potential uranium producers were to reach production it would increase uranium supply by 17,000 tonnes a year, or up to 30 per cent over the next five years. If combined with increasing global supply, this could drag the uranium price back below $US100/lb.

“This means that the highly leveraged, low-grade companies will need to be up and running as early as possible to maximise the peak of the uranium price cycle, sometime between today and three years time,” he said.

One of the hurdles will be the high capital costs of up to $300 million to develop many of the low-grade projects.

The report suggests that this could be a significant issue for Acclaim, Bannerman, Deep Yellow, Toro and Uranex, while better-placed companies include Contact, Energy Metals, Monaro and Uranium King.

Mr Grigor warned many of the floats now hitting the market were opportunistic plays and that it would be difficult for even potential producers to negotiate their way through regulatory and compliance issues in the three-year time frame. “The ones in the USA are probably the most likely to go ahead because of the greater reliability of the data and the historical information ... but those mines are unlikely to big ones,” he said.

Mr Grigor said he was constantly being asked if the uranium sector was “another dotcom boom” and the unreserved answer was no because it was possible to run fundamental analysis.

“You can estimate rates of production, you have a market price for the product and you can reasonably estimate capital and operating costs,” he said. “This is a bull market based on hard factual economics, not fantasies and what-ifs. The conclusion is that at these uranium prices there are enormous cash flows that can be made.”

Mr Grigor said there were still a number of unknowns in trying to determine the numbers for some companies.

The main assumptions used in the absence of official numbers included capital expenditure per tonne of capacity of $85 and a spot price of $US113/lb.

SCHUMACHER
15-05-2007, 12:09 PM
UNDERLORD...if your going to copy GLENCO,s post from hotcopper ..just post it as it is read there and quote his name...it looks rediculous that you have copied it and changed a few words to claim it as your own....sheesh fella...inexperienced chaps lol.
Use your own thoughts....lol
cheers Schu

Underlord
15-05-2007, 01:43 PM
SCHUMACHER

First of all its "glenso" not glenco and yes I did read his post which I thought was relitive to your comment which is why I replied, no I did not copy and paste it as I could not be bothered going back to HC again I wrote it from memory after I had read it I just thought I you may be interested i am here to share info not claim it.....

And well done for posting your own thoughts
"Uranium hopefuls must act to maximise prices
14th May 2007, 9:00 WST"
Sheesh your temper rises faster than your namesakes driving LOL:)

If I have offended my apologies

UL

steve fleming
15-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi guys,

BLR keep talking up their near term production opportunities...i think it would be great that if somewhere in the annnouncement they state that they are making some tangible progess towards production apart from JORcing their resources.

While acquisition of further properties is good, CUY, AGS and others have shown that the market applies a huge premium to those that are advancing quickly towards production, pretty much irrespective of the size of their resource....positive production related news is now driving U stocks far more than positive JORC related news.

BLR will re-rate massively when they can show they are planning for production and the market is convinced that BLR is a genuine potential U producer.

Cheers

steve fleming
16-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Excellent announcement!!

$16.8 mil placement to Asian and European investors - oversubscribed!!

But the best news - $5 mil to be applied towards feasiability studies - which confirms BLR's intent to produce, rather than just drill!

Fantastic news - very happy BLRO holder!

Underlord
16-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Agree Steve Fleming

Very exciting BLR now have around 20mill in there coffers I hope they can spent it wisely. When drill results, feasiability studies and acquisitions start pileing in there will be significant upward momentum generated in BLR........short term though it will be interesting to see what the market reaction is tomorrow. I would expect it to be quite positive but sometimes hard to predict short term reactions.....this is gearing up to be a very exciting stock and I am looking forward to the ride:):)

SCHUMACHER
16-05-2007, 08:41 PM
An excellent result

There are 2 ways to look at the announcement guys....the dilution aspect and/or the placement to investors at basically current market prices which shows great confidence.....I personally dont think that they would have achieved a successful placement to overseas institutional and sophisticated investors if they did not believe in their prospects....this is a huge "WIN" for BLR....Im betting the placement sparks some positive interest in the market tomorrow.....after all what idiot would see this as a negative....well done to Management for securing funding to fast track their exciting opportunities
cheers Schu

steve fleming
16-05-2007, 09:11 PM
For overseas and Aus institutions to have shown so much interest in BLR ($16.8m + oversudscriptions) just says so much about the BLR story, BLR management and the BLR projects.

Just so much good news ahead.

Underlord
18-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Morning

A news letter from Colorado department of natural resources well worth a read if anyone is interested.

http://geosurvey.state.co.us/portals/0/rtv9n2%20LR-web.pdf

Also a report from the world Nuclesr Association dated 2005 but still worth a read

http://www.world-nuclear.org/sym/2005/pdf/Garrow.pdf

SCHUMACHER
22-05-2007, 01:51 PM
BLR HAVING a massive volume day ...over 22 million through the market....opened at 28.5c intraday high of 34c ...currently at 32c ....up 4.5c

news must be imminent regarding EAGLE AND TAYLOR RANCH DRILLING
Cheers

steve fleming
22-05-2007, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by SCHUMACHER

BLR HAVING a massive volume day ...over 22 million through the market....opened at 28.5c intraday high of 34c ...currently at 32c ....up 4.5c

news must be imminent regarding EAGLE AND TAYLOR RANCH DRILLING
Cheers

Personally I am not that excited about the drilling.

BLR is no longer a $5m - $25m spec where drilling makes or breaks the company.

The majority of the BLR U properties have been drilled to death and BLR have already put out target resource estimates so the market has a fair idea as to how much U is there – hence the $225mil market cap.

Unless it is some exceptional copper drills I think the market has pretty much factored in the U resources, as it has with a number of other U explorers.

While some nice drills will help support the price at current levels, my guess is that BLR will move more on feasibility/production developments rather than drilling/JORC news....BLR was up today on the back of the RIO Sweetwater publicity.

BLR is a great story in the making nonetheless – as it stated in the placement announcement “Following the completion of the Placement the Company is in a very strong technical and financial position to rapidly advance its high-quality uranium and base metals projects towards production.”

BLR's proximity to key Uranium mills, its technically strong management and high grade resources will ensure it does move to early production, and is no doubt the reason why the recent insitutional placement was so well received.

Underlord
22-05-2007, 09:32 PM
quote:Personally I am not that excited about the drilling.

BLR is no longer a $5m - $25m spec where drilling makes or breaks the company.

The majority of the BLR U properties have been drilled to death and BLR have already put out target resource estimates so the market has a fair idea as to how much U is there – hence the $225mil market cap.

Unless it is some exceptional copper drills I think the market has pretty much factored in the U resources, as it has with a number of other U explorers.

While some nice drills will help support the price at current levels, my guess is that BLR will move more on feasibility/production developments rather than drilling/JORC news....BLR was up today on the back of the RIO Sweetwater publicity.

mmmmm........ not to sure I totally agree there Steve Flemming still alot of drilling going on especially at Taylor Ranch to confirm data that was collected in the late 70's early 80's. So far results have been very encouraging so resource may still have the potential for further upgrade and if so market should reflect that.
However I do hear what you are saying news on future production plans the how's and where's would be alot more effective in regards to share price...BLR would fly:)

steve fleming
22-05-2007, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Underlord

mmmmm........ not to sure I totally agree there Steve Flemming still alot of drilling going on especially at Taylor Ranch to confirm data that was collected in the late 70's early 80's. So far results have been very encouraging so resource may still have the potential for further upgrade and if so market should reflect that.
However I do hear what you are saying news on future production plans the how's and where's would be alot more effective in regards to share price...BLR would fly:)

Fair enough UL.

There will be some nice movements if the Taylor Ranch JORC comes in above estimates! However as BLR have already released their resource targets, togethor with much historical drilling, and given that the market has become alot more sophisticated in valuing U resources, and given BLR's diluted m/c of over $225m, i just think the market has priced in alot of the U resource already...still happy to be proved wrong.

The more i think about BLR the more excited i get - 5 - FIVE - well funded projects on the way to production!

Been in BLRO since 6.6 cents, so up 300% to date and pretty confident that at some stage in the next couple of years this will be another ten-bagger for me.

Underlord
23-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi all

Announcement out .....High grade uraniim Intersected.....Confirms shallow high grade mineralisation......Confirms NEAR-TERM production potential:):D:D..all looking well[8D]

SCHUMACHER
23-05-2007, 02:11 PM
announcement out...drill results as expected...some amazing PPM results and talk about bringing production into play in the near term....this company sure know how to pull a rabbit out of a hat....fantastic cheers Schu

steve fleming
23-05-2007, 08:22 PM
It was a pointless announcement - told us nothing we didn't know already except for the ppm's for 3 holes.

BLR NEVER released ANY announcement for their innaugral JORC resource....so they really had no need to announce the results of just 3 driling holes.

It seemed a hastily prepared announcement and the only reason IMO for the announcement was an attempt to give justification to yesterday's price movement and maintain the momentum - well it back-fired big time as the market didn't react and traders sold/got stopped after the price refused to spike.

I noticed that almost 75% of trades over the last week have been thru commsec/etrade...so day traders are all over BLR so hopefully today got rid of some of them - BLR will be far better off without them.

SCHUMACHER
24-05-2007, 12:57 PM
gee steve....your a cynical bugger ....sheesh...lol
they mentioned in their announcmeent that by the end of the year they will be able to provide a JORC compliant resource ...isnt that enough ....market obviously didnt like the ASX enquiry. Traders would have sold out by now ....im holding from the 7-8c range so i dont really mind what happens until they give us the complete resource...then onwards and upwards.....cheers S

steve fleming
24-05-2007, 10:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by SCHUMACHER

gee steve....your a cynical bugger ....sheesh...lol
they mentioned in their announcmeent that by the end of the year they will be able to provide a JORC compliant resource ...isnt that enough ....market obviously didnt like the ASX enquiry. Traders would have sold out by now ....im holding from the 7-8c range so i dont really mind what happens until they give us the complete resource...then onwards and upwards.....cheers S

Schu,

Mate, BLR hid their inaugral JORC resource in their last quarterly...no annoucement/no publicity/ nothing.

Then only 5 holes into a 100 hole drilling campaign they put out a price sensitive announcement?? a little bit sus to me...what are they going to do about the other 95 holes - make an announcement as every assay comes back?

Its just a big game and everyone is playing each other.

Not that it bothers me - management IMO is doing everything right to get BLR into early production, and i won't be selling for a long long while.

Cheers

SCHUMACHER
25-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Good on you steve....holding well today considering the global markets are taking a beating and i believe part of BLRs retracement is due to the global selloff and fears of interest rates once again.....fear verses greed and all that!

Dyl bucking the trend today ....ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY: presentation to melbourne brokers must have got a few excited as it came off intraday low of 51c to close at 54.5c...next week may gap up at open as chartists come out to play when they see the buy indicators kick in.....lol
have a good weekend

cheers sCHU

steve fleming
12-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Another outstanding announcement - i don't know how they are doing it but BLR just keep acquiring more and more U.

"The Company is rapidly advancing the project towards production,
with two drilling rigs currently engaged in a 15,000 metre
programme. An independent consultant has commenced
calculation of the inaugural JORC-compliant resource for the
project, which should be completed towards the middle of the
third quarter of 2007."

steve fleming
25-07-2007, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by steve fleming

Another outstanding announcement - i don't know how they are doing it but BLR just keep acquiring more and more U.

"The Company is rapidly advancing the project towards production,
with two drilling rigs currently engaged in a 15,000 metre
programme. An independent consultant has commenced
calculation of the inaugural JORC-compliant resource for the
project, which should be completed towards the middle of the
third quarter of 2007."

And more and more U.

Wonder what BLR will be trading at when they JORC their 25-30 million pound target by the end of 2007??

Multiples of what it is at the moment...if the market has any sense.

Remember they have a Uranium mill down the road...hopefully they can utilise it!

Dazza
25-07-2007, 09:59 PM
oh yeah all good

i just want them to jorc taylor man , thats what im awaiting for

steve fleming
13-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Outstanding JORC annoucement today:

Total JORC-compliant resources of 46 million pounds of
U3O8 defined for the 100% owned Taylor Ranch and
Picnic Tree Uranium Projects

With the scoping commencing ASAP will be a constant stream of good news to follow.

Absolute no brainer.

spruik
13-08-2007, 04:34 PM
But a short rally and then down to buggery again. Unbelievable.

SCHUMACHER
13-08-2007, 08:11 PM
SPRUIK....YOU have to understand how professional traders use announcments to buy up and pump up shareprice....today saw it hit 24c and the dumping begins as it becomes oversold on the hourly intraday charts...traders take profit...traders push the panic buttons of amateurs and the heavy selling begins.....closes on its low.....tomorrow....buyers re enter as news has spread to a wider market audience.....the buying begins tromorrow at open and it climbs back up through 24c.....tomorrow will be the telling tale on what the market really thinks of this result.....BLR also claim in theor announcement that there are "no disequilibrium problems at the 2 deposits"
which is fantatic in the bigger pictuire....

the cut off grades are based on economics and therefore if the economies of scale are not good at the cut off grade of 0.01% then the cut off grade will increase until a desired level of economics is achieved....thats what the cut off grade is designed to do.....if the resource is shallow enough then a cut off grade of 0.01% is fine.....the average grade is around 300-500 ppm as the cut off grade increases....cheers Schu

steve fleming
13-08-2007, 08:47 PM
But a short rally and then down to buggery again. Unbelievable.

Yeah Spruik, as Jam said, traders playing here...$6mil t/o so lots of interest.

Give the market time to digest the enormity of this JORC - 46 mil lb U (albeit @0.01% cut-off
)

Scoping studies won't take long, and with Taylors within 35 kilometres of the uranium mill in CanonCity (one of only four licensed uranium mills in the USA) then production is looking like sooner rather than later.

This is a great story, only starting to unfold. Pity that U is no longer the flavour of the month, as otherwise BLR would be at 50+, no doubt at all.

spruik
22-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Have been buying more again yesterday, seems prospects are ok and have sufficient cash. Think we've seen the low, anyone have a view?

Huang Chung
22-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Spruik, check the link I posted this morning in the Commodities / Raw Materials thread. If you believe the report, there could be more downside in the near term for U stocks.

spruik
22-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Spruik, check the link I posted this morning in the Commodities / Raw Materials thread. If you believe the report, there could be more downside in the near term for U stocks.

Thanks Huang Chung. I did read it, seems to me a time to buy and hang on , then sell when the demand is high. Likewise for AGS and maybe some others.

I have some 500,000 BLR and can wait for a year or more.

moimoi
03-09-2007, 08:05 PM
hmmmm...just doing some research on this one....dunno that one can count on using the mill down the road...??

see here...

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/dr/Top-Story.asp?ID=7768

cheers
Moi

spruik
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
HIGHLIGHTS

�� Discovery of the new high-grade Boyer Uranium
Deposit

�� Considerable high-grade mineralisation intersected in
infill and extensional drilling at the Noah and
Northwest Taylor Uranium Deposits

�� Six drilling rigs currently operating – four at the
Taylor Ranch Uranium Project, one at the Cyclone
Rim Uranium Project and one at the Ferris Haggerty
Copper Deposit

The Company is very pleased to advise that it has discovered the
new “Boyer Uranium Deposit” at its 100% owned Taylor Ranch
Uranium Project in Colorado, USA (see Figure 1).

steve fleming
12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
HIGHLIGHTS

􀂾

Discovery of the new high-grade Boyer Uranium
Deposit

􀂾

Considerable high-grade mineralisation intersected in
infill and extensional drilling at the Noah and
Northwest Taylor Uranium Deposits

􀂾

Six drilling rigs currently operating – four at the
Taylor Ranch Uranium Project, one at the Cyclone
Rim Uranium Project and one at the Ferris Haggerty
Copper Deposit

The Company is very pleased to advise that it has discovered the
new “Boyer Uranium Deposit” at its 100% owned Taylor Ranch
Uranium Project in Colorado, USA (see Figure 1).

Scoping study currently being undertaken to evaluate the economics of
commencing a mining operation at TR.

6 drill rigs in operation

JORC's being releaesd left right and centre...

and thats just the Uranium!!

Pretty good story i reckon

steve fleming
28-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Got the latest RCR Setember Qtr Uranium Research in my inbox this afternoon.

http://www.rcresearch.com.au/documents

About BLR, they say this:

Investment Comment: BLR has cash of A$16m and is undertaking drilling (currently 6 rigs in operation) and evaluating (prefeasibility/ feasibility studies) 4 projects over the next 2 years.

A JORC resource upgrade to 60mlbs U3O8 is expected at Taylor Ranch 4Q07 and an initial JORC resource is expected at
Cyclone Rim 4Q07 (3-5mlbs U3O8).

We believe Taylor Ranch will continue to outperform and given
anticipated advancements at other projects we have a price target of A$0.40/share ($285m).

steve fleming
01-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Scoping study currently being undertaken to evaluate the economics of
commencing a mining operation at TR.

6 drill rigs in operation

JORC's being releaesd left right and centre...

and thats just the Uranium!!

Pretty good story i reckon

If BLR had announced this time last year, what they announced this week, we'd be looking at a share price close to $1...such is the level of disinterest in U stocks at the moment.

But now that BLR has confirmed a JORC resource approaching $10 billlion in situ, the market surely won't be able to ignore this story for too much longer.

Have been accumulating more BLRO.

steve fleming
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
If BLR had announced this time last year, what they announced this week, we'd be looking at a share price close to $1...such is the level of disinterest in U stocks at the moment.

But now that BLR has confirmed a JORC resource approaching $10 billlion in situ, the market surely won't be able to ignore this story for too much longer.

Have been accumulating more BLRO.

With a resource of 80 million pounds, BLR now has the third largest Uranium Resource on the ASX (after ERA's Jabiluka & BHP's Yeelirie).

BLR itself considers it to be "one of the most undervalued uranium companies on the ASX"

BLR has a resource three times larger than BMN, yet BLR's market cap is 1/5th of BMN.

I've finished my buying and now have 1 million BLRO - looking forward to when BLR hits $1.

spruik
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Steve,

It seems this is a lonely hearts club :) here... I have around 500,000 FPOs but might buy some more to match yours, so we both will be millionairs in BLR!

What is the exercise price of the options?

Kropotkin
07-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I have been lookin @ heads and ops for a while.
2011 is attractive I must say.

steve fleming
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Steve,

It seems this is a lonely hearts club :) here... I have around 500,000 FPOs but might buy some more to match yours, so we both will be millionairs in BLR!

What is the exercise price of the options?

Hi Spruik,

Exercise price of the options are 4.5 cents - Expire 28 February 2011.

I honestly believe a $1 target for BLR is not out of the question once sentiment returns to the U sector - which it inevitably will...which as you say, will hopefully give both of us million dollar holdings!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about there not being much interest in BLR - In my experience i've found time and time again with sharetrader that the most money is made on those companies which have threads with little interest.

Cheers

PS - anyone not familiar with the BLR story must read the latest presentation.

http://sa.iguana2.com/cache/6364dcc47ff658a38546a1ede2fa26e0/ASX-BLR-388337.pdf

spruik
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Steve. You are quite right.

steve fleming
09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I have been in and out of BLR above 20c. My only concern is the depth they may need to go to get to the U....mind you i have not read all the data...so please correct me. but it looks like an underground mine and alot of dirt to be pulled out to get the U. feasability study should clarify things . I have been tempted at this sub 15c price range.

Don't be too worried about the depth.

The high grade Boyer deposit has a maximum depth of about 300m.

If the incompetent Czechs, 50 years ago, could mine Uranium from Rozna at its depths of 1000m +, I'm pretty sure Uranium at a depth of 300m can be dug out OK.

steve fleming
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Courtesy from Radd on Sharescene:

"BLR featured in yesterdays West Australian Newspaper:

BLACK RANGE MINERALS
speculative buy

Intersuisse has rated Black Range Minerals {BLR} a speculative buy after a resource upgrade at the companys Taylor Ranch uranium project in Colarado to 36.9 million tonnes averaging 0.059% uranium oxide.
The broker said the companys plans for the site, which included a scoping study in the first 1/4 of 2008, meant it was "in the right place at the right time" to make the transition from explore to producer.
Shares in Black Range Minerals closed 0.5c lower at 13.5c."

steve fleming
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Courtesy from Radd on Sharescene:

"BLR featured in yesterdays West Australian Newspaper:

BLACK RANGE MINERALS
speculative buy

Intersuisse has rated Black Range Minerals {BLR} a speculative buy after a resource upgrade at the companys Taylor Ranch uranium project in Colarado to 36.9 million tonnes averaging 0.059% uranium oxide.
The broker said the companys plans for the site, which included a scoping study in the first 1/4 of 2008, meant it was "in the right place at the right time" to make the transition from explore to producer.
Shares in Black Range Minerals closed 0.5c lower at 13.5c."

Link to Intersuisse Report:

http://www.intersuisse.com.au/files/Morning%20Notes.pdf

steve fleming
09-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Link to Intersuisse Report:

http://www.intersuisse.com.au/files/Morning%20Notes.pdf

BLR has announced a significant resource upgrade at its Taylor Ranch uranium project in
Colorado. The new resource estimate at a 0.025% U3O8 cut off is 36.9 million tonnes
averaging 0.059% U3O8 and containing 48.1 million pounds of U3O8. This compares with
the previous resource estimate of 21.7 million tonnes averaging 0.054% U3O8 and
containing 26.0 million pounds of U3O8.

The increase in tonnage and grade is largely
attributed to the discovery of the Boyer deposit towards the south of the project area.

At the 0.025% U3O8 cut off, the new resource is approximately half the size of Paladin
Energy’s Langer Heinrich deposit and at a similar grade. The deposit remains open and
the company intends to continue its resource evaluation drilling program for the next nine
to twelve months.

A scoping study on the development of the deposit is in progress. The study is considering
an initial operation consisting of underground mining of the higher grade area at the rate of
300,000 to 500,000 tonnes of ore at a grade of 0.12% to 0.15% U3O8 per year.

It is
envisaged that this ore will be treated through existing facilities, most likely Copper
Corporation’s mill at Canon City located 30 km to the south east.

Annual production would
be in the order of 1.0 to 1.25 million pounds of U3O8. Subsequently operations would be
expanded with a mining rate of one million tonnes of ore per year. This would include open
pit mining of near surface lenses of ore. At a predicted ore grade of 0.08% U3O8 annual
production would increase to 1.5 to 1.75 million pounds U3O8. It is envisaged that at this
stage treatment would be performed at the company’s own processing facility, either heap
leaching or conventional milling. BLR aims to complete the scoping study in the first
quarter of 2008 and then commence a full feasibility study.

Mine permitting has
commenced as has mine planning and design as well as geotechnical and hydrological
studies. In addition to the resource definition drilling, diamond core drilling is underway to
acquire samples for metallurgical testwork.

Elsewhere, under an alliance formed with Uranerz Energy Corp in June 2006, BLR is
responsible for managing and conducting exploration programs on advanced uranium
projects identified by the partners. Once sufficient resources have been delineated,
Uranerz will be primarily responsible for bringing those projects into production.
Subsequent to the alliance, the partners have formed a joint venture to explore and
develop the Cyclone Rim and Eagle projects that are located in the Red Desert area of
southwest Wyoming. An initial resource estimate of 4.7 million pounds of U3O8 at an
average grade of 0.023% U3O8 has been made for the Eagle project that has considerable
exploration upside and a resource estimate is in progress for the Cyclone Rim project.

BLR has also acquired an option to earn up to a 90% interest in the high grade Ferris-
Haggerty copper deposit that is located in southern Wyoming. The deposit was developed
to a depth of approximately 200 metres. The main orebody averages 8 to 10 metres in
width, but is up to 20 metres wide in places. The orebody grades 6% to 8% copper and 3
g/t to 4 g/t gold. Mining operations ceased in 1908, when fire destroyed the mine’s
processing facilities and a drastic decline in copper prices precluded the viability of
rebuilding the facilities. BLR may earn a 51% interest in the project through the payment of
US$1 million and by completing a feasibility study by November 2010. The company would
then have the right to earn a further 39% interest by recommencing production. The
company drilled three diamond core holes at the project in the September 2007 quarter
and is awaiting assays.

Impact
BLR is in the right place at the right time with its Taylor Ranch Uranium project. Colorado
has an established mining culture and facilities on hand to assist the company in its
transition from explorer to producer.

steve fleming
16-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Latest from Far East Capital - Wawrick Grigor

Looking good Spruik for our million dollars!

"BLR has done well over the past year, growing
from a small uranium position with uncertain
economics to be in a position where we can
reasonably predict that it will be able to earn very
strong profits."

"At US$90/lb, it could be generating a cash profit
margin of 157% or US$55/lb. Annual cash
generation could be $70m p.a. or 11.6¢ a share
(pre-dilution for options or financing). This is
certainly very impressive."

"There is obviously more work required to firmup
numbers, but we know enough now to say that
the numbers are cheap. There is nothing that
suggests that additional information will do
anything other than improve the scenario. A
balanced uranium portfolio should really have
some BLR share in it, and shareholders should be
prepared to sit and watch the company grow from
here.
The cash position is approximately $14m.
Far East Capital was sufficiently impressed with
the prospects for the company that it acquired a
modest holding in anticipation of a re-rating."

http://www.blackrangeminerals.com/pdfs/AnalystReportFarEastCapital05Dec07.pdf

steve fleming
07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
With a market cap of less than $50m;
cash on hand of $12m+
So an Enterprise value of approx $35m,
With a USD $7billion Uranium resource + its copper,
BLR remains one of my favourite stocks and i continue to buy.

I see the "WORLD MINING JOURNAL" thinks so as well.

http://www.mining-journal.com/WMS_Magazine/pdf/WMS0803scr.pdf

So well-funded uranium juniors with a near-term opportunity to become a producer can expect to continue to find market support.
Perth-based Black Range Minerals is one such company. It is focussed on the US, where regulations and sentiment encourage uranium exploration. It is a very different story in Black Range�s home state of Western Australia where uranium mining is banned. It is Black Range�s US uranium success, from a mix of exploration and acquisition, that has put it on the radar. At time of writing, it had a market capitalisation of A$53 million (US$47.5 million) against which it was holding cash at the end of the December 2007 quarter of A$13.6 million (US$12.2 million) with which to fund its ongoing exploration/development program. Black Range holds three advanced uranium projects in the US � Taylor Ranch in Colorado and Eagle and Cyclone Rim, both in Wyoming. Taylor Ranch is the group�s flagship project and has a compliant inferred resource of 132.8Mt at 0.027% for 79.6Mlb of uranium using a cut-off grade of 0.01% uranium. Raising the cut-off grade to 0.075% cuts the tonnage to 8.4Mt but the grade is raised to an impressive 0.12% uranium for 22.2Mlb contained. In presentations to investors, Black Range likes to point out that if the 0.025% cut-off grade at ASX-listed Paladin Energy�s Langer Heinrich deposit in Namibia is applied to Taylor Ranch, its resource is about half the size and is of the same 0.06% grade. The point there is that Paladin is now a A$3 billion (US$2.68 billion) company, albeit with more to its valuation than just
Langer Heinrich. The point being made by Black Range managing director Mike Haynes is that the company is one of the most undervalued uranium stocks on the ASX. �We have defined a very large compliant resource base which includes a substantial high grade component,� Mr Haynes told WMS. �We have also commenced scoping studies to develop the resource and have commenced the mine permitting process in a jurisdiction that is amenable to uranium exploration and mining. �So unlike most other uranium companies, Black Range is very close to production at a time of historically high uranium prices.� Taylor Ranch sits just to the north of the 1977 Hansen uranium discovery (about 30Mlb). Hansen was fully permitted and ready to go in the early 1980s but was held up because of the uranium price slump at the time. Black Range acquired the Taylor Ranch land package immediately to the north of Hansen in late 2006. It was lightly explored but known to host extensions of the same mineralising system. Additional land was secured so that by July 2007, the project area had grown to some 9,500 acres and covered some or all of the mineralisation at the North Hansen, Northwest Hansen, Picnic Tree and High Park uranium discoveries of the 1970-1980s. The project is strategically located 35kms north-west of the licensed uranium mill � one of only four in the US - in Canon City. Black Range began a major drilling program in April 2007. It was both of an infill and extensional nature and resulted in the discovery of the Boyer uranium deposit in September 2007, between two known deposits. Boyer has proven to be a major find, accounting for 30% of the total current resource estimate at Taylor Ranch. �We acquired the Taylor Ranch a little more than one year ago and fast-tracked exploration by having as many as six drilling rigs operating on the project simultaneously,� Mr Haynes says. �It has been a remarkable effort to delineate almost 80Mlb of uranium at the project in a little over one year and then to initiate a scoping study with a view to commencing mining within two to three years.� Independent consultants are now working on resource/reserve calculations, mine design and engineering, metallurgical test work and geotechnical and hydrological studies. Black Range told the market in late January 2008 that initial indications were that a staged development approach would assist the group�s fast track plans. The initial stage � the first three to five years - would involve underground mining with extraction of 300,000-500,000t/y.At ore grades of 0.12% to 0.15%, and with toll treatment through existing (licensed) processing facilities, output would be 1-1.25Mlb/y of uranium. A second stage expansion would potentially involve an expansion of the underground operation, possibly combined with open pit mining. At an extraction rate of about 1Mt/y at lower average grades of 0.10% to 0.12%, and treatment in company owned facilities, production of 1.5-2Mlb/y of uranium is envisaged. That is the current planning. Additional exploration success like the discovery of the Boyer deposit could change longer term plans. As it is, Boyer has additional potential, with an 800m long corridor extending south from the deposit to the North Hansen deposit a high priority exploration target. Black Range�s Eagle and Cyclone Rim uranium projects in Wyoming are both within 25km of Rio Tinto�s licensed Sweetwater mill. The company is earning a 50% interest in both from Uranerz Energy Corp. More than 110 holes have been drilled at Eagle which has enabled an initial resource estimate to made of 4.7Mlb grading 0.023% uranium. The drilling of 43 holes at Cyclone Rim since July 2007 took the total number on the property to more than 150 holes. A compliant resource estimate is close to being announced. Back in Australia, the Koonenberry base metals project has a long history. Located in western New South Wales, the project sits on the southern end of the Koonenberry belt and covers some 600km2, including the historic Grasmere copper deposit. High grade copper was mined there in the late 1800s and early 1900s but limited exploration has taken place since. Rio Tinto drilled some holes between 1988 and 1991 and delineated a small but high grade copper deposit. Black Range picked up the running in 2005 and has established a compliant indicated and inferred resource of 5.7Mt grading 1.03% copper, 0.35% zinc, 2.3g/t silver and 0.05g/t gold. Recent work has concentrated on only a 4km section of the 50km of prospective stratigraphic horizon on the licence area, prompting the decision to take a step back and take a look at the bigger picture. An airborne electromagnetic survey has been completed over the entire project area and Black Range�s plan now is to entice a joint venture partner to come in and add to the Koonenberry story, allowing it to concentrate on becoming a US uranium producer.

shasta
07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Steve

At 8c appears plenty of upside when the U sector comes back into vogue...

God knows it may even drag Uran with it.

I picked BLR in the 2008 comp...

May pickup a few sub 10c & wait a while....

steve fleming
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Another company having a Barry Crocker.

If BLR can’t get County approval to drill, they will be up sh*t creek without a paddle.

BLR have a multi-billion dollar resource, but looks like they mightn’t be able to do much with it.

Tough gig being a uranium explorer – and very ironic as well, as Uranium offers a viable alternative clean energy source, yet the greenies won’t let it be mined.

pago
03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Another company having a Barry Crocker.

If BLR can’t get County approval to drill, they will be up sh*t creek without a paddle.

BLR have a multi-billion dollar resource, but looks like they mightn’t be able to do much with it.

Tough gig being a uranium explorer – and very ironic as well, as Uranium offers a viable alternative clean energy source, yet the greenies won’t let it be mined.

hi steve,im open to opinion.surely the state will override the county,cheers pago

steve fleming
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
hi steve,im open to opinion.surely the state will override the county,cheers pago

Maybe, but its going to involve delays, uncertainties, legal challenges, further applications etc, working out who has the authority.

This is not going to be an issue unique to BLR, allmost all uranium explorers advancing to production will be up against this misconceived terrible stigma that uranium exploring/mining has among the general public.

Huang Chung
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
...and it looks to be just a drilling permit that all the fuss is over. Doesn't bode well if BLR eventually want to seek a permit to actually mine the stuff.

I was holding Industrial Minerals Corporation, who faced similar 'approval' issues to mine chromite sands in Oregon. One couple who did not want the mine to proceed held the development up for around 6 months by appealing the granting of a mining permit....:(.

steve fleming
10-05-2008, 11:15 PM
...and it looks to be just a drilling permit that all the fuss is over. Doesn't bode well if BLR eventually want to seek a permit to actually mine the stuff.

Well BLR have now finished their scoping study, which as expected, inidicated that they have an economically viable project.

As expected, depth and/or grade quality was never going to be a problem.

BLR is trading on a future cash flow multiple of ONE - ie BLR's market cap equates to a year's worth of cash expected to be generated upon full production at current U prices.

There's just one slight problem - Getting the local's onside!!! Otherwise, going to be quite a lengthy and costly process getting the required approvals!!

steve fleming
13-05-2008, 11:46 PM
up 100% over the last 8 days.

Biggest volume day this year today.

Still alot of risk as we count down to the commissioner's vote.

steve fleming
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Well BLR have now finished their scoping study, which as expected, inidicated that they have an economically viable project.

As expected, depth and/or grade quality was never going to be a problem.

BLR is trading on a future cash flow multiple of ONE - ie BLR's market cap equates to a year's worth of cash expected to be generated upon full production at current U prices.

There's just one slight problem - Getting the local's onside!!! Otherwise, going to be quite a lengthy and costly process getting the required approvals!!

BLR now have permission to complete their infill drilling to convert their JORC from inferred to indicated, as well as drilling for further advanced metallurgical testwork to assist in mine design.

WIth an EV of $30 million, BLR is trading on a CF multiple (based on current low U prices) of less than 0.5 as per the scoping study.

Mining parametres (based on current low U prices) per the scoping study..................

Annual tons mined ------1,000,000
U3O8 grade-------------0.13%
Pounds U3O8 recovered per annum--------2,223,000
Annual revenue (at US$65/lb U3O8)-------US$144,500,000
Annual operating costs (at US$75.92/t; before capital, depreciation, tax and royalties)---------US$75,900,000
Net annual cash flow (before capital, depreciation, tax and royalties)
US$68,600,000

Obviously if U prices increase, then that is all upside to BLR.

SCHUMACHER
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
SFLEMMING.....not much happening on the BLR homefront these days........aside from the drilling, there is not much to shout about...........the county signed off their drilling but its the mining permits which i believe there are approx 12 different types of permits to get through, before they could even contemplate mining..........then there is the issue of funding?? 160 million to get going could be a massive hurdle at this point in time........lets hope BLR can be a player in say 3 years when i expect uranium to be a major investment vehicle....right now its like watching paint dry..........
with 100 million + uranium in situ ...the value could be enourmous but if they cannot mine , then it has no value sitting underground

Like most BLR had a bright future until the greenies spoilt it ...........and usually its the greenies that are worse on the environment than the rest.......i make that comment rather loosely..........lol
cheers SCHU

pago
14-06-2009, 09:42 PM
SFLEMMING.....not much happening on the BLR homefront these days........aside from the drilling, there is not much to shout about...........the county signed off their drilling but its the mining permits which i believe there are approx 12 different types of permits to get through, before they could even contemplate mining..........then there is the issue of funding?? 160 million to get going could be a massive hurdle at this point in time........lets hope BLR can be a player in say 3 years when i expect uranium to be a major investment vehicle....right now its like watching paint dry..........
with 100 million + uranium in situ ...the value could be enourmous but if they cannot mine , then it has no value sitting underground

Like most BLR had a bright future until the greenies spoilt it ...........and usually its the greenies that are worse on the environment than the rest.......i make that comment rather loosely..........lol
cheers SCHU

blr ,breakout.long time no new an/s.sharebroker presentation this week.worth a look,cheers pago

steve fleming
29-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Great close from BLR today.

Within a week or so we will know whether BLR has secured an interest in the Hansen Deposit.

This will give the BLR/Uranium One JV control of a massive U deposit... in fact the 3rd largest Uranium Deposit in the USA (with a resource in excess of 100m lb's of U) ....with scope to become the largest Uranium Deposit in the USA.

Mine permitting currently happening.....

Deposit is 30km NW of Canon City - location of one of the
USA’s four licensed uranium mills.

All in all looking very good for BLR.

Ponda
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, theres the announcement that we have been waiting for.
Permission has been granted.
In a halt till 11.35, lets see where it goes from here.
It's interesting that the Ann has already been known which is why there was a big spike last week.

steve fleming
01-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, theres the announcement that we have been waiting for.
Permission has been granted.
In a halt till 11.35, lets see where it goes from here.
It's interesting that the Ann has already been known which is why there was a big spike last week.

Yes Ponda, great news.

BLR now control one of the largest Uranium projects in USA.

100m lbs at say $60/lb = an in ground resource of $6 billion USD!!! (BLR’s market cap is $60m)
(2 ½ years ago it would have been worth $20billion USD!!)

However, i now doubt BLR will bring this into production.

Given the scale of the project now, it looks like this is one for the big boys to develop – Cameco ,Denison etc...

Given the demand for Uranium in USA (USA produces 5mppa – but consume 50mppa!!!!) only a matter of time before Hansen/Taylor is developed.

Also it would make a great target for PDN, who have made no secret of their desire to enter USA. Remember that a number of the major shareholders in PDN also have large shareholdings in BLR.

I imagine BLR’s acquisition of the remaining interest in Hansen is not too far away.....then BLR’s consolidation strategy will be complete and it will be game on....

Huang Chung
01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Found this...

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/black-range-says-uranium-one-us-deal-terminated-2009-07-01

dragonz
21-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Found this...

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/black-range-says-uranium-one-us-deal-terminated-2009-07-01

Huang Chung, I would be interested in your opinions on this company, if you have the time. :)

ritchie
10-08-2009, 02:03 AM
with Uranium predicted to up in price...and having read all the articles on this thread...would not BLR be a good buy at present.

steve fleming
12-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Yes Ponda, great news.

BLR now control one of the largest Uranium projects in USA.

100m lbs at say $60/lb = an in ground resource of $6 billion USD!!! (BLR’s market cap is $60m)
(2 ½ years ago it would have been worth $20billion USD!!)

However, i now doubt BLR will bring this into production.

Given the scale of the project now, it looks like this is one for the big boys to develop – Cameco ,Denison etc...

Given the demand for Uranium in USA (USA produces 5mppa – but consume 50mppa!!!!) only a matter of time before Hansen/Taylor is developed.

Also it would make a great target for PDN, who have made no secret of their desire to enter USA. Remember that a number of the major shareholders in PDN also have large shareholdings in BLR.

I imagine BLR’s acquisition of the remaining interest in Hansen is not too far away.....then BLR’s consolidation strategy will be complete and it will be game on....

Interesting to see BLR actually holding its gains from the past couple of weeks.

Historically BLR has had a tendency to retrace quickly after spiking...

However after hitting 3.9 in Med December, she is up 50% and still going strong (currently 5.8)